Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 13 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:27 pm

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

Now that sounds awesome

"Great, I can speak with Jon and Richard as well so we can find a day we can all eat together, and hopefully Bee will be well enough to be carried in to join us, if nothing else she can be made comfortable on the sofa while we eat."
Bruce said and smiled.

IT can have risks, but any quirurgic procedure is actually pretty drastic and shocking, but it's sometimes the only option and safer than not.

"Yeah well try to make sure Bee is not one of those you try this thing out on."
The Orphan said protectively of his Cabalmate.

Magick systems are no problem. They resonate with our history. Is stiff minds and old disconnected bones that weight us down. There's a reason with the chief of a tribe is usually young and at it's top, and old people are sages and councelers.

"The leadership of the Traditions are old that I admit and they have old fashioned attitudes but I do not see that changing anytime soon, and if we are not going to have a Meritocracy where the most powerful magi rule how do you suggjest we choose our leaders?"
Bruce said he did not sound convinced.

Let acts speak. Make yourself a name and go to sleep, right?

"Yeah no I prefer to keep my abilities secret and avoid the torch and pitchfork brigade."
The Artificer grunted and he shook his head.

Totally, i need to start looking into it with Master Telar before setting myself on a direct study. I suppose though it won't take SOOOO much time.

"I suspect that learning to go to some realm of never ending change and doing so safely will take some time Mr Karyak."
Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.

I'm reading laws at the moment, so let me get a little more insight and we can plot a bit more on this. maybe we can argue she was something like a spy and tried to inform us all along and whatnot... in any case, we need the knowledge and a couple of ways to make sure she doesn't lie to us.

"Lying during the proceedings are probably not the right way to go, if that is found out and it will be found out Miss Clearwater is toast and so is her defense, it is a matter of record that she was captured in battle fighting for the Nephandi claiming that she suddenly are a spy, the Council may be old but they are not that senile."
The Orphan said and shook his head.
"So yeah no that is not a good idea, nor would it help much even if they believed the lie since the real crime is that she is Fallen, even if she had the best of intentions joining the Nephandi it do not change that fact."

"That's really easy to do and would work in most cases in fact. It's one of the first things they teach you in mind school." Serge said agreeing to the sentiment. "But sometimes if their minds are set on killing you it can get kinda tough. Bar fights and run-ins with gangsters are easy enough. Zealous Nephandi and Brainwashed Technocrats might need a bit more effort."

"No tactic are going to work all of the time Mr Yager and it is not always possible to be subtle sometimes you have to say fuck Paradox and fight with all you got. Now when that is said zealous Nephandi and brainwashed Technocrats are also the ones that are most likely to have their minds protected so your little tricks will be harder to do."
Bruce said and shrugged.

"I was just thinking of spilling silver paint over my hand. Real life experiences work too though." Serge said with a nod.

"Silver paint do not feel quite the same as molten metal Mr Yager, not unless you are using some really impressive paint."
The Orphan sai dryly.

"Ehhh, I dunno." Serge said with a shrug. "Playing by the rules can get dull at times. Plus I just wanna feel like a cool stealthy wizard."

Bruce just shook his head and this and sigh, he did not look impressed.

"Fuck. Yeah I meant worlds." Serge muttered correcting himself.

The Artificer grinned a little at that.

"I'm sure you will. And then you'll create the best legendary enchanted item ever that'll go down in wizard history." Serge said with a smile.

Bruce looked at Serge then he grinned a little.
"Well thanks kid, you know sometimes your enthusiasm is not to bad."

"Safety issues aside, sometimes you need to blow their gun up which is easier than turning it to slag. There's a rote that was used against us in one of our fights, it seemed a variation on an Order rote, which likely was developed from one that was used against archers, that would do what Mr Yager described. I think depending on the circumstance it was less flashy than a fireball, certainly."

"Sometimes you know that the Dox with hurt but being taken down by the Union will hurt more so you just have to do what you have to do."
Bruce agreed.
"But we can try to be subtle when we can."

'Thanks."

Bruce smiled a little at that and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 13 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Adley Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 pm

"I'd like that. Wouldn't mind seeing the guardian spirit of the Chantry as well." Serge said with a nod.

He nodded, thinking about the one that looked similar to popularly depicted angels. Then he got a faraway look as he thought of the one over by the Villa and scratched at his chest idly as if something itched him.

"Going on a trip in an Umbra ship? Hell yeah! That sounds like fun." Serge said enthusiastically. "And Adley already mentioned that he'd share his spirit sense with me, after a brief lessons in spirit etiquette of course."

"Interpersonal exchanges are bound to be different than when one is navigating a whole ship...ah, how to say, open waters? of the Umbra I expect. Colin will know more of that. I did take a carride through the Umbra once though that was strange. But yes, it's a good idea to have a basic understanding. I cannot teach you the language I use to speak with them, but some know English and other human languages. And you can use an interpreter."

He shrugged, "I don't know the reasoning behind it, but perhaps it was partly a desire to make the Deaconess a living warning against what the Union might do to a prisoner. And I'll let you know, then, when I get the photograph."
"A-alright." Serge said looking a little surprised

"It seems unwise to tempt the Law of Shade like that for someone who is one of our own, aside from the various ethical concerns but I do think continuing to discuss her without her here may soon begin to drift into rudeness. Perhaps sometime you will meet her, Mr Yager."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:32 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Nicole ran her eye over the place; nothing more than a "what's this?" look devoid of moral judgement. Never actually lived in a place like this herself, though a few times the distance had been worryingly close. And a few of the things she'd done to not end up here... the very thought made her shudder inwardly.

As Colin said his thing, Nicole turned away, even moving away from them a little, stamping her boots in a slightly irate manner. Charity. Memories of that was even sourer than the shit she'd done to not sleep in a car.

Anja's Post:

Nicole noticed them as she lit a cigarette. Looked at them; trying to see if the teens bore the hallmarks of being homeless, just hanging out here or somewhere in between. There were little signs, if you knew what to look for.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'It will always end at that. A revolution can't be done with white gloves. And the Oligarchs will fight tooth and nail, use every weapon they possess to keep their power.'

Colin's Post:

'Umm... err...' Nicole spluttered, clearly thrown by this tangent. 'It's got a bad rep... things which crazies perform on the unwilling which ends up making the subject crazy. Union likes it, which means it's tarred by association. Tie in all the usual fears of cyborgs, genetic enhancements and the like...' giving a little sigh, looking a little discontented.

'Wait... there's an escaped HIT-Mark in Chicago?' the large woman replied, clearly curious about this.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Keys are in the tail-pipe.' Nicole said, sauntering over to the Subaru. On closer inspection, he'll see the car was perfectly clean, even with a dirt-sheet over the driver's seat and footwell.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'What, mechanics?' Nicole replied, smile making it clear she knew what Serge really meant. 'Don't go online much... don't have much time. Do use RevLeft now and then.'

Serge's Post:

'Will point out there's more NotHermetics out in the world than Hermetics.' Nicole countered. 'Plus, Hermetics have a tradition of being quite up their own asses.'

Serge's Post:

'Led by folk who didn't object to the white gates, just the fact they didn't have them. How many times have the normal folk been tricked by their future oppressors?'

Serge's Post:

'Not much a story, really. Did debt collecting for an ex. He'd get me to show up at folks houses with a baseball bat and a snarl. Other times, I'd just come along to scare deadbeats into coughing up.'

Serge's Post:

Apart from the convenience store, there was a dry-cleaners, a slightly-dodgy looking take-out, a store empty save a large pile of old mail by the door and a restaurant with "Sun Coffee" above the door. The large woman strode towards the latter; clearly their final destination.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:07 am

Anja wrote:"Silver paint do not feel quite the same as molten metal Mr Yager, not unless you are using some really impressive paint."
The Orphan sai dryly.

"I more care about the look and feel of liquid metal running down your hands. Most people don't know what that feels like so I can leave a lot of stuff up to their own interpretation. It's mostly just to freak them out." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"No tactic are going to work all of the time Mr Yager and it is not always possible to be subtle sometimes you have to say fuck Paradox and fight with all you got. Now when that is said zealous Nephandi and brainwashed Technocrats are also the ones that are most likely to have their minds protected so your little tricks will be harder to do."
Bruce said and shrugged.

"That's true. Well I have some options at least." Serge said with a sigh.

Adley wrote:"Interpersonal exchanges are bound to be different than when one is navigating a whole ship...ah, how to say, open waters? of the Umbra I expect. Colin will know more of that. I did take a carride through the Umbra once though that was strange. But yes, it's a good idea to have a basic understanding. I cannot teach you the language I use to speak with them, but some know English and other human languages. And you can use an interpreter."

"Dream Realms count as part of the Umbra right? Cause if they do then I have about bit of experience in that particular type of Umbra." Serge said vaguely.

"I've wondered if I could talk telepathically with spirits. Thought is different then normal speech itself and spirits might be able to understand that regardless of how they speak. Of course I could be horribly mistaken, so I won't be trying it anytime soon."

Anja wrote:Bruce looked at Serge then he grinned a little.
"Well thanks kid, you know sometimes your enthusiasm is not to bad."

Serge grinned at that.

Adley wrote:"It seems unwise to tempt the Law of Shade like that for someone who is one of our own, aside from the various ethical concerns but I do think continuing to discuss her without her here may soon begin to drift into rudeness. Perhaps sometime you will meet her, Mr Yager."

"Perhaps one day." Serge said as he began doodling on his not pad once again, this time attempting to draw his own version of the terminator which had significantly more rocket launchers.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'What, mechanics?' Nicole replied, smile making it clear she knew what Serge really meant. 'Don't go online much... don't have much time. Do use RevLeft now and then.'

"I'm online a bit too much. Never heard of RevLeft though. Is it some kind of car mechanic website?" Serge asked.

Nicole wrote:'Will point out there's more NotHermetics out in the world than Hermetics.' Nicole countered. 'Plus, Hermetics have a tradition of being quite up their own asses.'

"Yeah that's true. But Adley's also got the boon of having actually done stuff. It's easy for most to respect him right off the bat for his achievements. As likable as I am, if I was the face people would be wondering why some new kid was front and center." Serge argued back.

Nicole wrote:'Led by folk who didn't object to the white gates, just the fact they didn't have them. How many times have the normal folk been tricked by their future oppressors?'

"Like following your resistance leader to overthrow the vicious dictator only for the resistance leader to become the next vicious dictator? Yeah...that sounds like it has happened a lot throughout history."

Nicole wrote:'Not much a story, really. Did debt collecting for an ex. He'd get me to show up at folks houses with a baseball bat and a snarl. Other times, I'd just come along to scare deadbeats into coughing up.'

"So you were the goon basically." Serge said with a smirk in an obvious tongue-in-cheek fashion.

Nicole wrote:Apart from the convenience store, there was a dry-cleaners, a slightly-dodgy looking take-out, a store empty save a large pile of old mail by the door and a restaurant with "Sun Coffee" above the door. The large woman strode towards the latter; clearly their final destination.

"Coffee? Gross..." Serge said as he saw the apparent coffee shop, making his disgust for the bitter liquid quite clear. Nonetheless he followed his cabalmate into the store, his mind still ablaze with possibilities and guesses for why the reason as to why he was brought here.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:19 am

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Well, they do talk about fixing things... though get the feeling most are doing nothing more than muttering in a empty room.' Nicole replied, clearly sad about this.

Serge's Post:

'Correct. But others have done shit too.' Nicole countered. 'And most folk in the world aren't in on this Thing. Which is why we've gone out.'

Serge's Post:

'Seems a usual set-up, unfortunately.'

Serge's Post:

A small chuckle at this, nodding. 'Used to go with him to meets and shit too. Fact I'd be in his bed at night meant he had 24/7 protection.' A short pause, then muttered half to herself '-why I was do fucking dim to see it, I don't know...'

Serge's Post:

'Think they might do other things as well as coffee, I do.' pushing the door open and entering.

[Enjoy... RevLeft. Defunct now, but not in '15. Don't want Google thinking you're some kind of red... *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:04 am

[Steelhaven Hall, Monday September 28th]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps God wanted the girl saved Mr Wainwright, perhaps he have a plan for her, it would not be the first time he used someone that seamed lost as his instrument."
Captain Welder said then she smiled.
"Or it could have been a strange turn of events that lead to an opening to save her, in either case it is good the girl will be given a chance."
He nodded, "Or perhaps more likely - a little bit of both."

Anja wrote:"You are right closure is important, I do not know if Lydia herself know Damaris but I am sure she can get the information to those who do and who might be looking for her."
The Templar said before she gave you a phone number.
"Her name is Lydia Dias."
She informed you.
"I am afraid that is all I know really her Craft and mine do not cooperate very often so I do not know many of them."
He noted down the information and nodded, "...Dias. Thank you. I'll make that call within the next couple of days, once I have a few more notes sorted."

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"Wonderful, any more of this and I will need a drink."
Bruce grumbled.
Colin grinned, "I would have offered one, but, er, it seems Mr. Tasselwell and I rather cleaned out my supplies after the battle, and I haven't had the time nor inclination to restock."

S7trif3 wrote:"Keep me posted."
He nodded, "Of course."

Anja wrote:"Great, I can speak with Jon and Richard as well so we can find a day we can all eat together, and hopefully Bee will be well enough to be carried in to join us, if nothing else she can be made comfortable on the sofa while we eat."
Bruce said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "I would prefer afternoons or evenings, but if needs must be, I could probably excuse myself from the shop any day with a little advance warning. Bruce, I'm delegating picking a date and time that works for everyone to you."

Tane wrote:IT can have risks, but any quirurgic procedure is actually pretty drastic and shocking, but it's sometimes the only option and safer than not.
Anja wrote:"Yeah well try to make sure Bee is not one of those you try this thing out on."
The Orphan said protectively of his Cabalmate.
He frowned, "Mr. Karyak, what you are speaking of is not surgery, it's experimentation. A sort of experimentation that could be fairly compared to the sort of research that was harshly put a stop to in 1945."

Tane wrote:Magick systems are no problem. They resonate with our history. Is stiff minds and old disconnected bones that weight us down. There's a reason with the chief of a tribe is usually young and at it's top, and old people are sages and councelers.
Anja wrote:"The leadership of the Traditions are old that I admit and they have old fashioned attitudes but I do not see that changing anytime soon, and if we are not going to have a Meritocracy where the most powerful magi rule how do you suggjest we choose our leaders?"
Bruce said he did not sound convinced.
He pondered, "The chief of a tribe usually being young seems a bit off; remember that youth and enthusiasm is no match for age and treachery... The young leader who rules with wisdom and cunning is more of an anomaly than anything else - though I will allow that Alexander the Great was one hell of an exception to the rule."

S7trif3 wrote:"I would put that into the survival aspect, even so."
He grimaced, "Well, to an extent, I suppose."

Tane wrote:Let acts speak. Make yourself a name and go to sleep, right?
Anja wrote:"Yeah no I prefer to keep my abilities secret and avoid the torch and pitchfork brigade."
The Artificer grunted and he shook his head.
He frowned, "Make a name for yourself, and the Technocracy knows where to come knocking. And they tend to be a little nastier than your average torches-and-pitchforks mob."

Tane wrote:Totally, i need to start looking into it with Master Telar before setting myself on a direct study. I suppose though it won't take SOOOO much time.
Anja wrote:"I suspect that learning to go to some realm of never ending change and doing so safely will take some time Mr Karyak."
He arched an eyebrow, "That sounds like a few decades of dedicated study. At a minimum."

Tane wrote:I'm reading laws at the moment, so let me get a little more insight and we can plot a bit more on this. maybe we can argue she was something like a spy and tried to inform us all along and whatnot... in any case, we need the knowledge and a couple of ways to make sure she doesn't lie to us.
Anja wrote:"Lying during the proceedings are probably not the right way to go, if that is found out and it will be found out Miss Clearwater is toast and so is her defense, it is a matter of record that she was captured in battle fighting for the Nephandi claiming that she suddenly are a spy, the Council may be old but they are not that senile."
The Orphan said and shook his head.
"So yeah no that is not a good idea, nor would it help much even if they believed the lie since the real crime is that she is Fallen, even if she had the best of intentions joining the Nephandi it do not change that fact."
He shook his head, "Suggesting Lady Dalisse to be a spy would be foolish in the extreme. For starters, she is a known historical figure, whose life up to the point when she escaped from Guernicus' experiments is known to the Quaesitors, and second, I have testified as to her disposition before one of the most absolute Quaesitors I know of, Master Tolle, who would not take kindly to any attempt at deception like that. I expect Master Tolle will be debating with other senior members relatively soon what Lady Dalisse's actual legal standing will be, as she is not Fallen, and presently effectively defected from the Nephandi - but trying to pull a fast one like you propose will likely endanger her chance to come home to the Traditions, and my life as well. And i am quite fond of my life, so I would be compelled to do very drastic things to defend it."

Anja wrote:"I think...I will begin with book one and two from one series and come back for more once I have read them."
Bruce said as he selected two books.
"Thanks Colin I will get them back to you as soon as possible."
He smiled, "No rush, take whatever time you need. Oh, and if you use dog ears instead of proper bookmarks, I will rain misfortune on a Biblical scale upon you."

S7trif3 wrote:Idly, he scanned the shelves he pointed out and then the others.
Adley would note a long series of notebooks of various sizes and thicknesses on the top shelf, as well as a good number of Anna's collection of books on the top and second shelf. More of Anna's books took up the top three shelves of another bookcase. There were probably more shelves in the bedrooms, too... one shelf had a set of sliding glass doors, and was filled with nicknacks, including an old, worn Matchbox car.

Anja wrote:"Yeah that might be a better idea."
Bruce agreed and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"That's really easy to do and would work in most cases in fact. It's one of the first things they teach you in mind school." Serge said agreeing to the sentiment. "But sometimes if their minds are set on killing you it can get kinda tough. Bar fights and run-ins with gangsters are easy enough. Zealous Nephandi and Brainwashed Technocrats might need a bit more effort."
Anja wrote:"No tactic are going to work all of the time Mr Yager and it is not always possible to be subtle sometimes you have to say fuck Paradox and fight with all you got. Now when that is said zealous Nephandi and brainwashed Technocrats are also the ones that are most likely to have their minds protected so your little tricks will be harder to do."
Bruce said and shrugged.
Jeremy wrote:"That's true. Well I have some options at least." Serge said with a sigh.
He grimaced, "On the bright side, if you're up against the Fallen, you might find it most beneficial to provoke highly vulgar magic from them. Reality doesn't like it when they do that..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Safety issues aside, sometimes you need to blow their gun up which is easier than turning it to slag. There's a rote that was used against us in one of our fights, it seemed a variation on an Order rote, which likely was developed from one that was used against archers, that would do what Mr Yager described. I think depending on the circumstance it was less flashy than a fireball, certainly."
Anja wrote:"Sometimes you know that the Dox with hurt but being taken down by the Union will hurt more so you just have to do what you have to do."
Bruce agreed.
"But we can try to be subtle when we can."
He nodded, "Subtlety is useful in most cases, but when the bullets are flying anyway, go with what works."

Jeremy wrote:"I was just thinking of spilling silver paint over my hand. Real life experiences work too though." Serge said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"Silver paint do not feel quite the same as molten metal Mr Yager, not unless you are using some really impressive paint."
The Orphan sai dryly.
Jeremy wrote:"I more care about the look and feel of liquid metal running down your hands. Most people don't know what that feels like so I can leave a lot of stuff up to their own interpretation. It's mostly just to freak them out." Serge said with a shrug.
He shook his head, "Most kinds of paint feel more like blood than metal. Just... trust me on that."

S7trif3 wrote:'Interesting. I have no idea, as I don't frequent the science buildings, my building is near Storrow Drive, theirs is over by Beacon street but I can probably find out if Metcalf has some..."
Jeremy wrote:"Gallium works too. It's less messy as well." Serge commented.
He nodded, "I'd be surprised if they didn't have a sample of three. But I wouldn't expect you to be allowed to simply borrow it, I believe the stuff costs dollars per gram And it's a fairly heavy metal, so there's not much of it in a gram."

Jeremy wrote:"Ehhh, I dunno." Serge said with a shrug. "Playing by the rules can get dull at times. Plus I just wanna feel like a cool stealthy wizard."
Anja wrote:Bruce just shook his head and this and sigh, he did not look impressed.
He grinned wryly, "Playing by the rules makes sure you don't get thrown out. Where you can find a way to really shine is in finding the loopholes, the rules exploits - if you can find some inventive trick that is not technically cheating, you're more likely to get that recognition and personal satisfaction than if you simply give yourself a perfect streak of dice rolls or card draws."

S7trif3 wrote:"There goes my idea for getting the cabal some cash."
He grinned, "Well, there's always American Idol..."

Jeremy wrote:"Damn Karma..." Serge said with a resigned smile. "Wouldn't mind buying one of those luck charms though. Sadly I don't think I could afford it."
He arched an eyebrow, "They're mostly around five dollars. Give or take about a dollar or two dependant on size."

S7trif3 wrote:"I should bring this in to class someday, or parchment or papyrus. That would be interesting, let all the kids write Greek graffiti on it. See if they can appropriately conjugate 'fuck' to fit their needs," he said, looking amused.
He grinned, "How about pottery? You know, demigods have faced the odds and ended up a mockery; don't believe the stories that you read on all the crockery..."

Jeremy wrote:"Fuck. Yeah I meant worlds." Serge muttered correcting himself.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, and all the denizens in it...travellng in it is something quite different, landmarks are your associations, distance is less of a physical thing and more of a concept of separation between you and where you are going. It's easy to get lost, too...but yes, in a week or so I should feel better enough to use simple perception abilities, I can take you to the roof garden and show you what it looks like in the Near Umbra, there are usually some spirits up there and I will want to say hello to some friends of mine." He smiled a little.
Jeremy wrote:"I'd like that. Wouldn't mind seeing the guardian spirit of the Chantry as well." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy wrote:He nodded, thinking about the one that looked similar to popularly depicted angels. Then he got a faraway look as he thought of the one over by the Villa and scratched at his chest idly as if something itched him.
He glanced at Adley, then nodded, "The Spirit of Steelhaven Hall looks a lot like a classic angel; pleasant enough. And yes, traveling the Umbra is a matter of imagery and association. Finding a giant polyp of rotting flesh was a moderately unpleasant search, even if it was ameliorated by looking for Dune references..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I haven't even gotten to see this ship yet," he said. "I am getting to ride in it, yes?"
Jeremy wrote:"Going on a trip in an Umbra ship? Hell yeah! That sounds like fun." Serge said enthusiastically. "And Adley already mentioned that he'd share his spirit sense with me, after a brief lessons in spirit etiquette of course."
S7trif3 wrote:"Interpersonal exchanges are bound to be different than when one is navigating a whole ship...ah, how to say, open waters? of the Umbra I expect. Colin will know more of that. I did take a carride through the Umbra once though that was strange. But yes, it's a good idea to have a basic understanding. I cannot teach you the language I use to speak with them, but some know English and other human languages. And you can use an interpreter."
Jeremy wrote:"Dream Realms count as part of the Umbra right? Cause if they do then I have about bit of experience in that particular type of Umbra." Serge said vaguely.

"I've wondered if I could talk telepathically with spirits. Thought is different then normal speech itself and spirits might be able to understand that regardless of how they speak. Of course I could be horribly mistaken, so I won't be trying it anytime soon."
He smiled wryly, "Can't think of a reason why you wouldn't get to ride your pater's shuttle. Unless you have serious problems with motion sickness on board, of course... As for Dream Realms, bugger if I know. There's probably some overlap or shared borders, or something of the sort. As a general piece of advice, though, I would recommend against trying to communicate telepathically with anything too alien. And most spirits would qualify."

Anja wrote:"It is not right in either case."
Bruce said and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm still unclear why they don't allow her to have...well, skin, to be frank."
S7trif3 wrote:"It seems unwise to tempt the Law of Shade like that for someone who is one of our own, aside from the various ethical concerns but I do think continuing to discuss her without her here may soon begin to drift into rudeness. Perhaps sometime you will meet her, Mr Yager."
Jeremy wrote:"Perhaps one day." Serge said as he began doodling on his not pad once again, this time attempting to draw his own version of the terminator which had significantly more rocket launchers.
He nodded to Adley, "You are right, of course, we're getting into speculative territory. Best put the subject to rest for now."

Anja wrote:"The twelve year system you mention here could work, I think that would be a good system."
Bruce said.
"It do give stability without having to resort to elevating one family over the rest, saying this little shit brat is by virtue of birth entitled to honorifics and respect just because of who his daddy is, which really is a shit system."
He nodded, "Hereditary rulership has produced a few good leaders. Mostly the opposite, though - and eventually, you get an inbred imbecile on the throne, of which Carlos II of Spain was the strongest example."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'It will always end at that. A revolution can't be done with white gloves. And the Oligarchs will fight tooth and nail, use every weapon they possess to keep their power.'
He smiled wryly, "Much as it stings my British pride, I have to contradict you there - a revolution with white gloves was essentially how we lost India. But excepting that one spectacular incident, great change tends to run the rivers red. And in the end, the side with the most warm bodies tend to win, for some definition of the word..."

Nicole wrote:'Umm... err...' Nicole spluttered, clearly thrown by this tangent. 'It's got a bad rep... things which crazies perform on the unwilling which ends up making the subject crazy. Union likes it, which means it's tarred by association. Tie in all the usual fears of cyborgs, genetic enhancements and the like...' giving a little sigh, looking a little discontented.
He nodded, "People expect the Terminator, not Robocop... a threat, not a protector. All the same, I spend a fair bit of time with the Veterans' Association on a regular basis. There are a lot of people there who would give up their left testicle to be able to tie their own shoes, or go to the bathroom without assistance..."

Nicole wrote:'Wait... there's an escaped HIT-Mark in Chicago?' the large woman replied, clearly curious about this.
He smiled thinly, "Deaconess Daisy Darnell, a quite lovely lady; she helped with the strike on the Chicago Labyrinth, and proved to be worth her weight in Primium. She leads Chantry Flamingo; a home for the outcast and the unloved... for those who deserve better."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir."
The woman said politely, though she was still reserved, she was far to used to those coming baring gifts wanting something in return, often feeling they where owed something in return.
"I will make sure the supplies are spread around, and no we do not have much in the way of refrigriation, so non perishables are a better option."
She said with a careful smile, still eying you carefully.
He nodded toward Nicole, "I do hope this will come in handy; well, I've no further business with your family or the other people here, save Mr. King and my other friend who just arrived there."

Anja wrote:The woman took a careful step back but she gave another measured smile.
"Again thank you Sir, your gift is most appreciated and will help many here."
She said then she seamed to relax a little when you mentioned Bruce's name.
"You know Bruce?"
He smiled, "We're part of the same little social group - in fact, I happen to be his immediate senior in that group. He's a good lad, and in fact, he's the one who suggested bringing some supplies along when I came visiting."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:31 am

[Cabal Meeting 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]

He smiled wryly, "I would prefer afternoons or evenings, but if needs must be, I could probably excuse myself from the shop any day with a little advance warning. Bruce, I'm delegating picking a date and time that works for everyone to you."

Adley told him what days and times he had classes, which varied, some nights, some afternoons and some mornings or a combination.

"Dream Realms count as part of the Umbra right? Cause if they do then I have about bit of experience in that particular type of Umbra." Serge said vaguely."I've wondered if I could talk telepathically with spirits. Thought is different then normal speech itself and spirits might be able to understand that regardless of how they speak. Of course I could be horribly mistaken, so I won't be trying it anytime soon."
He smiled wryly, "Can't think of a reason why you wouldn't get to ride your pater's shuttle. Unless you have serious problems with motion sickness on board, of course... As for Dream Realms, bugger if I know. There's probably some overlap or shared borders, or something of the sort. As a general piece of advice, though, I would recommend against trying to communicate telepathically with anything too alien. And most spirits would qualify."

"I think there's some grey area since it is a mental realm but I will get you a more concrete answer, the same with the idea for telepathy.  Colin's advice is sound, though. One should always take proper precaution," he said, seeming thoughtful as he considered it. "Even if the spirit you wished to communicate with did not intentionally mean you harm, they might accidentally cause distress, or even vice versa. Some of the spirits I've talked to that work with humans frequently find us to have quite a strange manner of existence. I don't /think/ I have any issues with motion, but I've been on many boats."

Adley would note a long series of notebooks of various sizes and thicknesses on the top shelf, as well as a good number of Anna's collection of books on the top and second shelf. More of Anna's books took up the top three shelves of another bookcase. There were probably more shelves in the bedrooms, too... one shelf had a set of sliding glass doors, and was filled with nicknacks, including an old, worn Matchbox car.

He frowned slightly at the car and then turned his attention back.

He nodded, "I'd be surprised if they didn't have a sample of three. But I wouldn't expect you to be allowed to simply borrow it, I believe the stuff costs dollars per gram And it's a fairly heavy metal, so there's not much of it in a gram."

He grinned. "Not like asking for a cup of sugar from a friendly neighbor."

"That's a TV show, right?"

He grinned, "How about pottery? You know, demigods have faced the odds and ended up a mockery; don't believe the stories that you read on all the crockery..."

"And now we know the origins of a 'crock of shit.'"

He glanced at Adley, then nodded, "The Spirit of Steelhaven Hall looks a lot like a classic angel; pleasant enough. And yes, traveling the Umbra is a matter of imagery and association. Finding a giant polyp of rotting flesh was a moderately unpleasant search, even if it was ameliorated by looking for Dune references..."

"Dune again. Is it a book or a movie? I need to understand these references."

[Adley & Nicole go to Whitecastle Beef Barn]
[~2:00pm ish?, Saturday, Oct 11]

'Keys are in the tail-pipe.' Nicole said, sauntering over to the Subaru. On closer inspection, he'll see the car was perfectly clean, even with a dirt-sheet over the driver's seat and footwell.

"Alright, grab them then and let's go," he said, filing away the info as to where the keys were in case he needed that car again. Whenever the car got unlocked, he got in, sat down and put the seatbelt on.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 am

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"I more care about the look and feel of liquid metal running down your hands. Most people don't know what that feels like so I can leave a lot of stuff up to their own interpretation. It's mostly just to freak them out." Serge said with a shrug.

"Fair enough."
Bruce said and nodded.

"That's true. Well I have some options at least." Serge said with a sigh.

"That is true and it is good to have options."
The Orphan said and nodded.

Colin grinned, "I would have offered one, but, er, it seems Mr. Tasselwell and I rather cleaned out my supplies after the battle, and I haven't had the time nor inclination to restock."

"Ah well Sunday evening was a good day to drink."
Bruce said and grinned.

"Afternoons would probably be more practical to most of us, but I will speak with the others and see when is a good time for them."
Bruce said.
"And I will speak with Master Nassa about Bee."

He frowned, "Make a name for yourself, and the Technocracy knows where to come knocking. And they tend to be a little nastier than your average torches-and-pitchforks mob."

"True the last thing we want are the attention of the fucking Union, and yeah they do have more than torches and pitchforks."
Bruce said and frowned.

He shook his head, "Suggesting Lady Dalisse to be a spy would be foolish in the extreme. For starters, she is a known historical figure, whose life up to the point when she escaped from Guernicus' experiments is known to the Quaesitors, and second, I have testified as to her disposition before one of the most absolute Quaesitors I know of, Master Tolle, who would not take kindly to any attempt at deception like that. I expect Master Tolle will be debating with other senior members relatively soon what Lady Dalisse's actual legal standing will be, as she is not Fallen, and presently effectively defected from the Nephandi - but trying to pull a fast one like you propose will likely endanger her chance to come home to the Traditions, and my life as well. And i am quite fond of my life, so I would be compelled to do very drastic things to defend it."

"Dalisse? I was sure it was Miss Clearwater's defense that Mr Karyak was referring to but yeah, no claiming the this Dalisse is a spy also would not work, she clearly is not, though as she is not Fallen it might be a little more chance there that the Council will grant permission to speak with her."
Bruce said.

He smiled, "No rush, take whatever time you need. Oh, and if you use dog ears instead of proper bookmarks, I will rain misfortune on a Biblical scale upon you."

"Oh I would never do that Colin, books are to be kept in as good a condition as possible."
Bruce said with feigned shock.
"Anything else would be sacrilege."

He grimaced, "On the bright side, if you're up against the Fallen, you might find it most beneficial to provoke highly vulgar magic from them. Reality doesn't like it when they do that..."

Bruce grinned at that.
"Well now that is the only time when Paradox is satisfying, when it smite the Fallen, well other than when the one smithed are Bee, do you remember when she made that root grow up out of the ground to get in the way of that Top Hat car?"
The Orphan asked and frowned.
"How sick she got? I guess now we know why she got such a massive Paradox backlash from such a simple spell."

He nodded, "Subtlety is useful in most cases, but when the bullets are flying anyway, go with what works."

Bruce nodded at that.
"Agreed."

"You know guys, I could probably make some of that metal."
Bruce offered.
"It should not be to hard, it might not be perfect but it should give the desired effect."

Bruce chuckled at that.
"I am not so sure we would get very far in that Colin."

He nodded, "Hereditary rulership has produced a few good leaders. Mostly the opposite, though - and eventually, you get an inbred imbecile on the throne, of which Carlos II of Spain was the strongest example."

"Indeed that is why I think a democracy is better, not that there have not been some dum dums elected into office as well."
The Artificer said and grunted.

Adley told him what days and times he had classes, which varied, some nights, some afternoons and some mornings or a combination.

Bruce nodded at that.
"I am sure I can work around that Adley."

(Speaking with Captain Welder)

He nodded, "Or perhaps more likely - a little bit of both."

"Indeed perhaps so Mr Wainwright perhaps so."
Captain Welder said and smiled.

He noted down the information and nodded, "...Dias. Thank you. I'll make that call within the next couple of days, once I have a few more notes sorted."

"I hope it will lead to something."
The Templar said.

[Nicole, Bruce and Colin] (Abandoned junkyard.)

Nicole ran her eye over the place; nothing more than a "what's this?" look devoid of moral judgement. Never actually lived in a place like this herself, though a few times the distance had been worryingly close. And a few of the things she'd done to not end up here... the very thought made her shudder inwardly.

As Colin said his thing, Nicole turned away, even moving away from them a little, stamping her boots in a slightly irate manner. Charity. Memories of that was even sourer than the shit she'd done to not sleep in a car.

The place was large and filled with cars, trailers, vans and a few washing machines and old refrigerators that had been dumped there, the old machines was in various stages of rust and decay and here and there where the inhabitants or signs that a particular vehicle where someone's home.

Nicole noticed them as she lit a cigarette. Looked at them; trying to see if the teens bore the hallmarks of being homeless, just hanging out here or somewhere in between. There were little signs, if you knew what to look for.

Yes they seamed to be living here.

He nodded toward Nicole, "I do hope this will come in handy; well, I've no further business with your family or the other people here, save Mr. King and my other friend who just arrived there."

The woman nodded at that, she still looked uneasy.
"They will come in handy Sir."
She said still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

He smiled, "We're part of the same little social group - in fact, I happen to be his immediate senior in that group. He's a good lad, and in fact, he's the one who suggested bringing some supplies along when I came visiting."

"Ah well Bruce is a good man, he is over by his forge."
The woman said and pointed.
"Ehm...thank you again Sir."
She said a bit hesitently still not knowing what you wanted or what to say to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:37 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'So conquering another people and looting their country for your own gain is something to be proud of?' Nicole replied, giving a raised eyebrow. 'Anyway, the Oligarchs can't let the US go. The Union won't allow it, for starters.'

Colin's Post:

'That's what Baynes said; with less dangly bits. Prototype, it is; he's hoping to steal a march on the Union and get these designs accepted by the Masses way before those Syndicate fuckers had decided to launch theirs.' ending with a little grin.

Colin's Post:

'I... never knew. Though not completely surprised...' the Etherite replied, a slightly puzzled look on her face.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

Nicole grabbed the keys, tore off the coverings, tossed them in the rear and climbed in; the car lurching a bit from her weight. Fired up the engine, revved it up a couple of times with a look of concentration on her face. Then gave a satisfied nod and accelerated out of the garage and out into the world.

'So... you check that reference I gave you yet?' she said, the tone that of "lets get this topic done with first".

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

A slight glance towards Colin, but said nothing. 'Speak for yourself...' was the look on her face.

Anja's Post:

Establishing they were residents, Nicole began to move towards the teenagers; a tread which made it clear she wanted to talk, but not the kind that seemed a threat. Hopefully.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

The three teenagers looked at you nervously and they looked at one another but they clearly found that you where worth the risk talking to so they remained, even if they looked ready to bolt at the drop of a hat. Their friends over at tire mountain glanced over at you and the three forerunners now and again and talked among themselves but they did nothing as for now. The trio now standing in front of you where a girl of about 17, a runaway perhaps, she had dirty blond hair with orange streaks reaching her shoulder, her clothes where very worn, a pain of jeans, a washed out band tshirt and a leather jacket that looked like it was made for a man and bought a goodwill, the others where a young black man, perhaps he was 20 years old, he looked tired and his eyes where infected, he should have that looked at but there where no money for that, he had short, curly hair, was wearing a brown sweater and jeans which was to big for him, either they had not been his in the first place or they had been bought when he was plumper. The third person was also around thirty, it was a bit hard to determine their gender, but they where pretty with large blue eyes an dark hair which was kept short, they had several piercings and where wearing a dark gray shirt under a open plaited shirt and black jeans, a steel claw hung around their neck on a chain.
"Ehm...hey..."
The blonde girl said an she gave you a nervous look.
"Are you one of them? Trina says there is something about you."
The young man with the eye problem asked and their friend nodded at that.
"Yeah there is...you feel like them."
The person with the claw pendant commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:24 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Er... what?' Nicole replied, clearly thrown by the fact they'd gone off-script immediately. 'Okay... who's "Them"? And "Trina?"'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Anja wrote:"I hope it will lead to something."
The Templar said.
Colin nodded, "Well, then, thank you... I wish you a speedy and comfortable recovery, and I hope your mission to see Mr. Karyak is fruitful for everyone. And please, enjoy the cakes."
He patted Anna on the head, "Come, Sweetie, we need to find that doll of yours, and get a good picture of her as evidence - that was obviously your mother's handiwork, and we'll find out more about where you came from, won't that be nice?"

Anja wrote:"Ah well Sunday evening was a good day to drink."
Bruce said and grinned.
Colin nodded, "So it was - and thank providence I did not empty that bottle on my own."

Anja wrote:"Dalisse? I was sure it was Miss Clearwater's defense that Mr Karyak was referring to but yeah, no claiming the this Dalisse is a spy also would not work, she clearly is not, though as she is not Fallen it might be a little more chance there that the Council will grant permission to speak with her."
Bruce said.
He nodded, "Miss Clearwater's defense, yes, but by way of Lady Dalisse's knowledge on the subject, as I understood Mr. Karyak. And for now, while it is legal to speak with Lady Dalisse, reaching her in a timely manner, and getting that knowledge back to the Traditions in time for the trial is not going to be a simple thing. The good lady has been with the Nephandi for about a thousand years, hiding from the Traditions that sought to hunt her down back in the day, just for being Diedne's magical grandchild; she could easily enough get to Horizon, but it just would not be safe until a ruling has been made in her favour."

S7trif3 wrote:"I think there's some grey area since it is a mental realm but I will get you a more concrete answer, the same with the idea for telepathy. Colin's advice is sound, though. One should always take proper precaution," he said, seeming thoughtful as he considered it. "Even if the spirit you wished to communicate with did not intentionally mean you harm, they might accidentally cause distress, or even vice versa. Some of the spirits I've talked to that work with humans frequently find us to have quite a strange manner of existence. I don't /think/ I have any issues with motion, but I've been on many boats."
He nodded, "Even the humble spider-like gafflings Adley's sort of adopted could be dangerous to connect to telepathically, if they were to see some of your thought patterns as broken and in need of mending."

Anja wrote:"Oh I would never do that Colin, books are to be kept in as good a condition as possible."
Bruce said with feigned shock.
"Anything else would be sacrilege."
He smiled, "Good... Someone has left dog ears in some of the books in the library, and bugger if i know who; there's an otherwise fine 18th-century metallurgic treatise that's got five pages with corners so bent and worn that they've broken off."

Anja wrote:Bruce grinned at that.
"Well now that is the only time when Paradox is satisfying, when it smite the Fallen, well other than when the one smithed are Bee, do you remember when she made that root grow up out of the ground to get in the way of that Top Hat car?"
"How sick she got? I guess now we know why she got such a massive Paradox backlash from such a simple spell."
He nodded, "The part i least look forward to with Anna's training... A simple spell, though - could anyone here pull off the same maneuver?"

S7trif3 wrote:He grinned. "Not like asking for a cup of sugar from a friendly neighbor."
Anja wrote:"You know guys, I could probably make some of that metal."
Bruce offered.
"It should not be to hard, it might not be perfect but it should give the desired effect."
He nodded thoughtfully, "That... might be possible for you, yes. Pure gallium should not be particularly complicated, since it would be a homogenous metal rather than a fiddly alloy or other sort of compound... though you might need a sample to work from?"

S7trif3 wrote:"That's a TV show, right?"
Anja wrote:Bruce chuckled at that.
He grinned, "Oh, I don't know, I'm sure Adley could go far with a BRIAN BLESSED impersonation."

S7trif3 wrote:"And now we know the origins of a 'crock of shit.'"
He grinned and shrugged, "Blame Disney. I mean, really, the narrator they'd picked made the story of Hercules sound as bleak as some sort of Greek tragedy..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Dune again. Is it a book or a movie? I need to understand these references."
He grinned, "Both. You might find the book goes a bit deeper on the philosophical side of things, while the movie has... well... it has the musician Sting in his underwear, and Sir Patrick Stewart playing a strange string instrument."

Anja wrote:"Indeed that is why I think a democracy is better, not that there have not been some dum dums elected into office as well."
The Artificer said and grunted.
He smiled wryly, "Considering some of the people that have been elected by people not realizing what they were doing, 'better' might not be the entirely most accurate descriptor. 'More palatable', though, I can accept."

Nicole wrote:'So conquering another people and looting their country for your own gain is something to be proud of?' Nicole replied, giving a raised eyebrow. 'Anyway, the Oligarchs can't let the US go. The Union won't allow it, for starters.'
He shook his head, "Britain's greatest achievement at the height of the Empire was the global spread of something the Greeks are famous for inventing - namely sodomy. No, the embarrassment stems from our handling of the shameful affair. The Empire, while the largest known to man, also had some of the darkest sides of any empire known to man; the bloody Opium Wars in China, turning Australia into a penal colony, the Zulu War, and so on... I'm not going to apologize for the British Empire, but I do believe I am entitled to some embarrassment on its behalf."

Nicole wrote:'That's what Baynes said; with less dangly bits. Prototype, it is; he's hoping to steal a march on the Union and get these designs accepted by the Masses way before those Syndicate fuckers had decided to launch theirs.' ending with a little grin.
He smiled, "Then I wish Mr. Baynes the best of luck with publishing his designs. Like i said, I know too many people who need them."

Nicole wrote:'I... never knew. Though not completely surprised...' the Etherite replied, a slightly puzzled look on her face.
He nodded, "Not the Adepts' finest moment, I'll say, but the Deaconess is a generous woman, all the same, if a little guarded."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:The woman nodded at that, she still looked uneasy.
"They will come in handy Sir."
She said still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Anja wrote:"Ah well Bruce is a good man, he is over by his forge."
The woman said and pointed.
"Ehm...thank you again Sir."
She said a bit hesitently still not knowing what you wanted or what to say to you.
He smiled and bowed lightly, "Well, then, I'll just follow the sound of the hammer, then. Do let us know if there's anything you need; I'll see if I can bring some more necessities around next time i visit, though I can't make any promises as to when that will be. Good day, ma'am."
He turned and headed over toward Nicole, arching an eyebrow at the trio she was chatting with, then propped his monocle into place and muttered a quick "Magia spectare" before glancing around at the entire junkyard and all the people he could see.

((OOC: So, good ol' Prime Scan Everything; Arete roll: 6,6,8. If it's magical, Colin sees it. Oh, yeah, and are there any spirits there?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:36 pm

'Er... what?' Nicole replied, clearly thrown by the fact they'd gone off-script immediately. 'Okay... who's "Them"? And "Trina?"'

"That is me."
The one with the claw necklace said and they raised a hand when you asked who Triana is.
"Like them are you like them, I have not met to many of them, but do you know who Sam are and, Strawberry and Jason?"
She asked.
"You...look like them but not completely the way we look like them inside but not exactly, we are related to them, Melina here are Jason's sister for example."
Triana said.
"And Jonas are the nephew of of Sam, but they treat us like shit since we are human."
They continued the words just flowing out in a stream.
"Who are you related to?"

He smiled and bowed lightly, "Well, then, I'll just follow the sound of the hammer, then. Do let us know if there's anything you need; I'll see if I can bring some more necessities around next time i visit, though I can't make any promises as to when that will be. Good day, ma'am."

"Thank you Sir but I would not want to impose."
The young mother said and she smiled cautiously.
"Yes following the sound of the hammer should work...god day Sir."
She said as you left.

He turned and headed over toward Nicole, arching an eyebrow at the trio she was chatting with, then propped his monocle into place and muttered a quick "Magia spectare" before glancing around at the entire junkyard and all the people he could see.

You saw one of the trio Nicole was talking with where glowing with magick, but what kind was hard to know she was not a mage, the sleeping drunk in the car ha a faint glow, perhaps he got hunches or psychic flashes or something like that now and again, perhaps without being aware of it hiself, you saw several small gafflings playing among the cars little decay spirits, a large spirit that was made up of miss matched car parts where walking around and a spirit dog that looked out of place where following the one among the trio talking with Nicole that you saw had some magic about her, in fact all three of them had something about them but it was hard to see what.

Something very entropic and static could be seen located inside a old van without any wheels on the other end of the parking lot and off course there where Bruce he was glowing over there where the sounds of his hammer came from like Awakened mages did, with his static Resonance and the same with Nicole though she was more Dynamic.

(Talking with Captain Welder.)

Colin nodded, "Well, then, thank you... I wish you a speedy and comfortable recovery, and I hope your mission to see Mr. Karyak is fruitful for everyone. And please, enjoy the cakes."

"Thank you Sir and thank you for the cakes, have a plesant day."
The Templar said and smiled as she laid back down into her bed with a groan.

He patted Anna on the head, "Come, Sweetie, we need to find that doll of yours, and get a good picture of her as evidence - that was obviously your mother's handiwork, and we'll find out more about where you came from, won't that be nice?"

"The doll is in my new room, I put her there as soon as you said I could come have a look dad."
Anna said and smiled.
"Yeah that sound nice, I would like to know more about where I came from."
She said excitedly then she waved.
"Goodbye Captain Welder."
She said and the Templar smiled.
"Goodbye young one."

Colin nodded, "So it was - and thank providence I did not empty that bottle on my own."

"Again thank heaven for small favors eh?"
Bruce said and grinned.

He nodded, "Miss Clearwater's defense, yes, but by way of Lady Dalisse's knowledge on the subject, as I understood Mr. Karyak. And for now, while it is legal to speak with Lady Dalisse, reaching her in a timely manner, and getting that knowledge back to the Traditions in time for the trial is not going to be a simple thing. The good lady has been with the Nephandi for about a thousand years, hiding from the Traditions that sought to hunt her down back in the day, just for being Diedne's magical grandchild; she could easily enough get to Horizon, but it just would not be safe until a ruling has been made in her favour."

"Ah I understand."
The Artificer said and nodded.
"I am afraid I can't be much of a help there though, legal details is not my strong point but it do not seam like a easy thing to accomplish in time no."

He smiled, "Good... Someone has left dog ears in some of the books in the library, and bugger if i know who; there's an otherwise fine 18th-century metallurgic treatise that's got five pages with corners so bent and worn that they've broken off."

"A travesty and if the guilty party is ever found let us hope Adeptus Riez don't get his hands on him or our Scribe will start writing and you know what happens when that man starts writing."
Bruce said dryly.

He nodded, "The part i least look forward to with Anna's training... A simple spell, though - could anyone here pull off the same maneuver?"

"Well no perhaps it was not so simple but even so it was not the most flashy and she got that sick."
Bruce said and sigh.
"Yeah you have to be prepared to soothing Paradox flaws and that she will get sick from Paradox quite often, at least we have Richard who can help out with illnesses that can not simply be healed but even so, no fun. Is that why Richard have put up a poster in the common room with a notice that everyone at the Chantry should get vaccinated since Bee, your apprentice and also Adley I guess now that he is sick will be in danger of illnesses?"
Bruce asked.

He nodded thoughtfully, "That... might be possible for you, yes. Pure gallium should not be particularly complicated, since it would be a homogenous metal rather than a fiddly alloy or other sort of compound... though you might need a sample to work from?"

Just seeing the metal once should be enough and I am sure I can arrange that then I will know what do do."
Bruce said and nodded.

He grinned, "Oh, I don't know, I'm sure Adley could go far with a BRIAN BLESSED impersonation."

The artificer grinned at that.

He grinned, "Both. You might find the book goes a bit deeper on the philosophical side of things, while the movie has... well... it has the musician Sting in his underwear, and Sir Patrick Stewart playing a strange string instrument."

And vacuum cleaner monsters and half cow wall decorations."
Bruce said and grinned again.
"The books are good though or at least the originals the newer ones are so so."

He smiled wryly, "Considering some of the people that have been elected by people not realizing what they were doing, 'better' might not be the entirely most accurate descriptor. 'More palatable', though, I can accept."

"Palatable yeah that is the word I was looking for, a democracy is more palatable to my morality than a monarchy."
Bruce said and nodded.
"But yeah it also have some problems."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He grimaced, "On the bright side, if you're up against the Fallen, you might find it most beneficial to provoke highly vulgar magic from them. Reality doesn't like it when they do that..."
Anja wrote:Bruce grinned at that.

"Could make for some good art inspiration, seeing what sorts of vulgar effects they conjure up and the poetic justice that reality slaps them with." Serge said with a smirk.

"Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do on your guy's adventures. I keep hearing about new things you guys did. A tree out of the ground? That's a new one."

Colin wrote:He grinned wryly, "Playing by the rules makes sure you don't get thrown out. Where you can find a way to really shine is in finding the loopholes, the rules exploits - if you can find some inventive trick that is not technically cheating, you're more likely to get that recognition and personal satisfaction than if you simply give yourself a perfect streak of dice rolls or card draws."

Serge nodded, "I can see that. It'd  Although people would argue with you over what is and isn't 'technically' cheating."

Adley wrote:"There goes my idea for getting the cabal some cash."
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Well, there's always American Idol..."
Anja wrote:Bruce chuckled at that.

"Let's sing a duet of Bohemian Rhapsody. I bet we'd win." Serge said with a little chuckle.

Colin wrote:He glanced at Adley, then nodded, "The Spirit of Steelhaven Hall looks a lot like a classic angel; pleasant enough. And yes, traveling the Umbra is a matter of imagery and association. Finding a giant polyp of rotting flesh was a moderately unpleasant search, even if it was ameliorated by looking for Dune references..."

"Like a classic Angel..." Serge said with a sense of awe in his voice, as if he really wanted to see that. "Bet he looks majestic."

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Can't think of a reason why you wouldn't get to ride your pater's shuttle. Unless you have serious problems with motion sickness on board, of course... As for Dream Realms, bugger if I know. There's probably some overlap or shared borders, or something of the sort. As a general piece of advice, though, I would recommend against trying to communicate telepathically with anything too alien. And most spirits would qualify."
Adley wrote:"I think there's some grey area since it is a mental realm but I will get you a more concrete answer, the same with the idea for telepathy.  Colin's advice is sound, though. One should always take proper precaution," he said, seeming thoughtful as he considered it. "Even if the spirit you wished to communicate with did not intentionally mean you harm, they might accidentally cause distress, or even vice versa. Some of the spirits I've talked to that work with humans frequently find us to have quite a strange manner of existence. I don't /think/ I have any issues with motion, but I've been on many boats."

"Yeah I've read enough eldritch horror to know that you shouldn't pry into alien minds that you don't understand." Serge said with a nod.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "They're mostly around five dollars. Give or take about a dollar or two dependant on size."

"Yup, outta my price range." Serge confirmed.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Well, they do talk about fixing things... though get the feeling most are doing nothing more than muttering in a empty room.' Nicole replied, clearly sad about this.

"Sounds kinda like reddit." Serge said smirking as if remembering something funny.

Nicole wrote:'Correct. But others have done shit too.' Nicole countered. 'And most folk in the world aren't in on this Thing. Which is why we've gone out.'

"Oh right, sleepers. There a thing..." Serge said wondering how he could have forgotten the majority of the population. "Well there's nothing in the rules saying we can't have multiple faces."

Nicole wrote:A small chuckle at this, nodding. 'Used to go with him to meets and shit too. Fact I'd be in his bed at night meant he had 24/7 protection.' A short pause, then muttered half to herself '-why I was do fucking dim to see it, I don't know...'

"We all think we're dumb when we look at out past self. That's good. That means we got smarter." Serge said with a warm smile.

Nicole wrote:'Think they might do other things as well as coffee, I do.' pushing the door open and entering.

"Oh please tell me there a hidden non-technocratic spy agency. With, like, coffee themed-gadgets. That would coffee actually interesting." Serge said hyping himself up as he entered into the store behind Nicole.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar...it's always grammer)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:28 pm

"Could make for some good art inspiration, seeing what sorts of vulgar effects they conjure up and the poetic justice that reality slaps them with." Serge said with a smirk.

"Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do on your guy's adventures. I keep hearing about new things you guys did. A tree out of the ground? That's a new one."

"Well roots but yes there where a car full of Top Hats following us, they would have got us to but Bee drew a thick root right out of the ground, made it grow up from the asphalt, the Technocrat's car hit it and it did some damage to the wheel and underside of that car and we lost them, she saved us but she got really sick."
Bruce said and he looked concerned.

"Let's sing a duet of Bohemian Rhapsody. I bet we'd win." Serge said with a little chuckle.

"Well well it seams we have the new American sensation right here."
Bruce said sounding amused.

(OOC: My cat is pouting, she was not so happy with her visit to the vet today though exploring the vet office was fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Eh, every country has it's skeletons.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug.

Colin's Post:

'I do too. Detroit's future is riding on it.'

Colin's Post:

'I can imagine so...' Nicole replied, scratching one of her legs for a moment. 'Well, burning sunlight I am...' making a "time to leave" look towards the door. 'I'll let you know once I've sorted out those parts...'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Which is the point. Just like only a total butthead would think Adley would be the right person to twist the arm of a "all men are rapists!" feminist type.'

Serge's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, just giving a little sigh. Like there were quite a few things she regretted.

Serge's Post:

A soft chuckle at this. 'Won't rule it out... but don't think so.'

Despite being called a coffee shop, it was more akin to a diner, and a somewhat run-down one at that; worn floors and surfaces, somewhat dated décor. Nicole strolled in like she owned the place; clearly she'd been here a few times before. Wandered over to a booth in a small alcove and slid in.

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Um...' Nicole spluttered, looking a bit lost. To buy herself a little thinking time, took a deep drag of her smoke before continuing. 'Strawberry...' her eyes widening a little. '-Pale skin, white hair, likes shiny things, right?' her caution evident.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 pm

'Um...' Nicole spluttered, looking a bit lost. To buy herself a little thinking time, took a deep drag of her smoke before continuing. 'Strawberry...' her eyes widening a little. '-Pale skin, white hair, likes shiny things, right?' her caution evident.

"Yeah....that is her, you know her? I would ask if she is your relative but I think she was born from a rat, most of them are actually that is why those like us are so rare."
Triana said.
"Strawberry is nice though but she o not really have a clue, she grew up as a pet I think the others sort of laugh at her like they laugh."
She added and James nodded.
"Yeah anyone but Sam, Sam likes everyone but he have gone missing."
He said sounding concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:15 pm

[Junkyard]

'I've... met her.' Nicole replied cagily. On the rest of it, the large woman seemed to be having a flux of emotions; confusion, suspicion and a touch of anxious embarrassment.

'We are related? And what did you mean by "something about me"?' looking at Trina.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:26 pm

He nodded, "Even the humble spider-like gafflings Adley's sort of adopted could be dangerous to connect to telepathically, if they were to see some of your thought patterns as broken and in need of mending."
"Yeah I've read enough eldritch horror to know that you shouldn't pry into alien minds that I don't understand." Serge said with a nod.

"They adopted me, but yes...they are earth spirits and tend to fix things which is handy when you have a hole in your roof and less so in other circumstances."

"Like a classic Angel..." Serge said with a sense of awe in his voice, as if he really wanted to see that. "Bet he looks majestic."

"He assists us in keeping us safe, so his form looks like what people imagine when they think 'guardian angels.' Angels in the Books have very different, often terrifying forms, like wheels of fire with eyes and multiple wings."

"Well no perhaps it was not so simple but even so it was not the most flashy and she got that sick."
Bruce said and sigh.
"Yeah you have to be prepared to soothing Paradox flaws and that she will get sick from Paradox quite often, at least we have Richard who can help out with illnesses that can not simply be healed but even so, no fun. Is that why Richard have put up a poster in the common room with a notice that everyone at the Chantry should get vaccinated since Bee, your apprentice and also Adley I guess now that he is sick will be in danger of illnesses?"
Bruce asked.

He looked a bit grumpy at being named in with everyone else in the category of 'frailty' but he supposed it was true enough. There wasn't anything to do about it but take the vitamins and whatever else Richard thought might help.

"You know guys, I could probably make some of that metal."
Bruce offered.

Adley tilted his head a bit. "Make a metal that is liquid at normal temperatures. Also, one can shield the person and metal from the effects of the heat...or insulate close fitting gloves with a charm."

He gave Colin an odd look, confused but something else. It was the second time he'd called him Brian, which was actually his first given name. But he had no idea about the Blessed part. "I'm not following."

"Still stuck in my head."

He grinned and shrugged, "Blame Disney. I mean, really, the narrator they'd picked made the story of Hercules sound as bleak as some sort of Greek tragedy..."

"Greeks were fond of tragedies. I see your reference now."

And vacuum cleaner monsters and half cow wall decorations."
"The books are good though or at least the originals the newer ones are so so.

He raised an eyebrow. "Well, if it's a movie we can put it on at pizza night."

"Afternoons would probably be more practical to most of us, but I will speak with the others and see when is a good time for them."
Bruce said.
"And I will speak with Master Nassa about Bee."
Bruce nodded at that.
"I am sure I can work around that Adley."

"Sounds good. Well then if you will excuse me gentlemen, I have to get myself to class. Mr Yager, welcome again I look forward to your following up on that day out. Colin, call me later when you get some time." He started to stand up, but winced as a flash of pain worked its way onto his face. He was stiff from sitting. He tried to cover up and grabbed his bag and put it onto his shoulder. With a nod to everyone, he exited the room.

[Adley & Nicole go to Whitecastle Beef Barn]
[~2:00pm ish?, Saturday, Oct 11]

Nicole grabbed the keys, tore off the coverings, tossed them in the rear and climbed in; the car lurching a bit from her weight. Fired up the engine, revved it up a couple of times with a look of concentration on her face. Then gave a satisfied nod and accelerated out of the garage and out into the world.

'So... you check that reference I gave you yet?' she said, the tone that of "lets get this topic done with first".

"If things didn't check out at all, I wouldn't be here right now. So yes, we've made contact with your contact and so far everything seems fine." He pulled out his phone and punched up a traffic app to see if there were going to be any delays on route. "Did you eat anything yet?" he asked. "Figure we can grab some snacks there to hold us over, but I'm going to want supper after, since I'm skipping dinner."

// total accident that his first name is Brian and there's the Brian Blessed loud voice thing xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:14 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Adley wrote:"He assists us in keeping us safe, so his form looks like what people imagine when they think 'guardian angels.' Angels in the Books have very different, often terrifying forms, like wheels of fire with eyes and multiple wings."

"Majestic....large white wings....radiant light emanating from body.....a giant sword to dispense justice with..." Serge muttered to himself trying to think to figure out what he thought of when he thought 'guardian angels'.

Anja wrote:"Well roots but yes there where a car full of Top Hats following us, they would have got us to but Bee drew a thick root right out of the ground, made it grow up from the asphalt, the Technocrat's car hit it and it did some damage to the wheel and underside of that car and we lost them, she saved us but she got really sick."

"That's some powerful magick." Serge said clearly impressed. "Sad that she got sick from it though. But she got better soon after right?"

Anja wrote:"Well well it seams we have the new American sensation right here."

"The hit new sensation that's sweeping the nation! Mr. Wainwright and Serge! For some reason everybody loves them!" Serge said donning the game show host voice once again.

Adley wrote:"Sounds good. Well then if you will excuse me gentlemen, I have to get myself to class. Mr Yager, welcome again I look forward to your following up on that day out. Colin, call me later when you get some time." He started to stand up, but winced as a flash of pain worked its way onto his face. He was stiff from sitting. He tried to cover up and grabbed his bag and put it onto his shoulder. With a nod to everyone, he exited the room.

"Have a nice day teaching at class. See ya Adley." Serge said waving farewell to the exiting Hermetic.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Which is the point. Just like only a total butthead would think Adley would be the right person to twist the arm of a "all men are rapists!" feminist type.'

"And like how we'd need Mr. Wainwright to talk with the british people. I don't know anything about tea." Serge said with a chuckle changing the conversation to a more humorous tone.

Nicole wrote:A soft chuckle at this. 'Won't rule it out... but don't think so.'

Despite being called a coffee shop, it was more akin to a diner, and a somewhat run-down one at that; worn floors and surfaces, somewhat dated décor. Nicole strolled in like she owned the place; clearly she'd been here a few times before. Wandered over to a booth in a small alcove and slid in.

Serge's pace slowed down somewhat as he looked around the the coffee shop as if taking it all in. The atmosphere, the tone, the old decor, the run-down aesthetic. He looked down longingly at his sketchbook which was resting atop the box of skins tucked underneath his arm, obviously wanting to sketch his surroundings.

Eventually he came back to his senses and followed Nicole to the booth in the small alcove.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Adley tilted his head a bit. "Make a metal that is liquid at normal temperatures. Also, one can shield the person and metal from the effects of the heat...or insulate close fitting gloves with a charm."

"I would think making a metal that is liquid at room temperature would be a easier task than heat protection for a person's hand and then pouring for example liquid steel over them my friend and far less dangerous if one where to fail."

He raised an eyebrow. "Well, if it's a movie we can put it on at pizza night."

"That works for me."
Bruce commented.

"That's some powerful magick." Serge said clearly impressed. "Sad that she got sick from it though. But she got better soon after right?"

"She got well after a few weeks yes but she was pretty sick for a while."
Bruce said and frowned.
"And yet it was a neat bit of spellcasting, that it was."

"The hit new sensation that's sweeping the nation! Mr. Wainwright and Serge! For some reason everybody loves them!" Serge said donning the game show host voice once again.

"Oh I see are you hauling Colin up on the scene as well now."

"Sounds good. Well then if you will excuse me gentlemen, I have to get myself to class. Mr Yager, welcome again I look forward to your following up on that day out. Colin, call me later when you get some time." He started to stand up, but winced as a flash of pain worked its way onto his face. He was stiff from sitting. He tried to cover up and grabbed his bag and put it onto his shoulder. With a nod to everyone, he exited the room.

Bruce gave you a concerned look but he stood and nodded.
"Yeah I have to be going as well I have some work to do, welcome to the Cabal Mr Yager."
He said then he nodded to Adley as the Hermetic left and he waited to see if anyone else had anything to say before he said.
"Thanks for the snacks Colin...Mr Karyak...."
Then the large Artificer as well will leave.

'I've... met her.' Nicole replied cagily. On the rest of it, the large woman seemed to be having a flux of emotions; confusion, suspicion and a touch of anxious embarrassment.

'We are related? And what did you mean by "something about me"?' looking at Trina.

"Don't you know? But I can see their blood in you."
Trina said then they sigh.
"Okey so us relatives seldom get any hocus pocus but I have a gift, I can see those who are related to them, to the shapechangers, the rats...and you are...I am sorry if you did not know I guess it is safer for you to just assume I am nuts then and forget I said anything."
The teenager muttered and their two friends looked uneasy as well.
"Sorry for bothering you, we just thought you where like us."
The boy with the eye problem said.
"Yeah...ehm never mind us then."
The blond woman said as she took a step away a bit nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

The conflict within the large woman deepened; it was unclear what she'd do next. Then her brow furrowed, clearly deep in thought. Finally, Nicole spoke, slowly and with a tone of suspicious curiosity. 'Yet... you're sure enough of your... gift to come up to a woman you've never met and could kick your ass to tell her she's related to a bunch of.... were-rats? Which the world says does not exist.' a small pause, as she took a drag of her cigarette - the very fact Nicole was giving her the time of day speaking volumes.

'And you're the one who pointed when I turned up, yes? Just me. Not him.' gesturing with her head towards Colin. 'And then you mention Strawberry...' giving the impression the large woman was more talking to herself now, trying to grasp a conclusion of some form from a jumble of information.

'Then.. you said "them", not "us"...' another pause '-small, but important difference, that.' A moment where Nicole scratched her neck, then looked square at Trina.

'Does your "gift" allow you to see... other things? Like spotting other folk and critters which the world also says does not exist?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Oh I see are you hauling Colin up on the scene as well now."

"I bet he'd be the main star." Serge said with a amused grin. "The spotlight would love him."

Anja wrote:Bruce gave you a concerned look but he stood and nodded.
"Yeah I have to be going as well I have some work to do, welcome to the Cabal Mr Yager."
He said then he nodded to Adley as the Hermetic left and he waited to see if anyone else had anything to say before he said.

"Thanks, I look forward to my time here. Also you guys can all call me Serge if you want." Serge said wanting to add that last part in before everyone left.

"Bye! Have a nice day." the cheerful Ecstatic said waving farewell to the large Orphan.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:24 am

Anja wrote:"The doll is in my new room, I put her there as soon as you said I could come have a look dad."
Anna said and smiled.
"Yeah that sound nice, I would like to know more about where I came from."
She said excitedly then she waved.
"Goodbye Captain Welder."
She said and the Templar smiled.
"Goodbye young one."
Colin smiled, "Until we speak again, Captain. God be with you."

Anja wrote:"Ah I understand."
The Artificer said and nodded.
"I am afraid I can't be much of a help there though, legal details is not my strong point but it do not seam like a easy thing to accomplish in time no."
Colin nodded, "As I said, I was able to purchase a little time, and Miss Clearwater is a Traditionalist, meaning she will at least get the formality of a proper trial. But that's not enough time to go traipsing through the Umbra on a desperate search for knowledge a twelve hundred years old lady might possess."

Anja wrote:"A travesty and if the guilty party is ever found let us hope Adeptus Riez don't get his hands on him or our Scribe will start writing and you know what happens when that man starts writing."
Bruce said dryly.
He grinned darkly, "Oh, I know..."

Anja wrote:"Well no perhaps it was not so simple but even so it was not the most flashy and she got that sick."
Bruce said and sigh.
Bruce asked.
S7trif3 wrote:He looked a bit grumpy at being named in with everyone else in the category of 'frailty' but he supposed it was true enough. There wasn't anything to do about it but take the vitamins and whatever else Richard thought might help.
He shook his head slightly, "Ah, no, the posting about vaccines is not due to Paradox sickness - Anna is immunocompromised owing to her heart condition, and owing to a remarkably severe phobia against needles, she can't be vaccinated. So, to avoid the need for more extensive healing, we try to get as many in the Chantry as possible vaccinated against the most likely and dangerous diseases that might make their way here. Not every resident is quite as willing to get vaccinated, though..."

Jeremy wrote:"Could make for some good art inspiration, seeing what sorts of vulgar effects they conjure up and the poetic justice that reality slaps them with." Serge said with a smirk.

Anja wrote:"Well roots but yes there where a car full of Top Hats following us, they would have got us to but Bee drew a thick root right out of the ground, made it grow up from the asphalt, the Technocrat's car hit it and it did some damage to the wheel and underside of that car and we lost them, she saved us but she got really sick."
Jeremy wrote:"That's some powerful magick." Serge said clearly impressed. "Sad that she got sick from it though. But she got better soon after right?"
Anja wrote:"She got well after a few weeks yes but she was pretty sick for a while."
Bruce said and frowned.
"And yet it was a neat bit of spellcasting, that it was."
He smiled wryly, "Some of us draw roots out of the street, some of us shoot Marauders out of the night sky... We've all done things to attract Paradox, but poor Beatrice, Anna and Kyle are... subject to harsher consequences than the rest of us."

Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded, "I can see that. It'd Although people would argue with you over what is and isn't 'technically' cheating."
He grinned, "If it's explicitly prohibited in the rules - either the written rules, or by spoken agreement between the players - it's cheating. If you find some combination of rules and mechanics that give you an utterly imbalanced advantage over the others, it's not technically cheating until a rules revision closes the loophole."

Anja wrote:Just seeing the metal once should be enough and I am sure I can arrange that then I will know what do do."
Bruce said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley tilted his head a bit. "Make a metal that is liquid at normal temperatures. Also, one can shield the person and metal from the effects of the heat...or insulate close fitting gloves with a charm."
Anja wrote:"I would think making a metal that is liquid at room temperature would be a easier task than heat protection for a person's hand and then pouring for example liquid steel over them my friend and far less dangerous if one where to fail."
He nodded, "And extra heat protection and pouring molten metal over a hand still won't give anywhere near the same tactile sensation as that of a gun melting in the wielder's hand - which I believe was the initial point of the train of thought?"

Jeremy wrote:"Let's sing a duet of Bohemian Rhapsody. I bet we'd win." Serge said with a little chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Well well it seams we have the new American sensation right here."
S7trif3 wrote:"Still stuck in my head."
Jeremy wrote:"The hit new sensation that's sweeping the nation! Mr. Wainwright and Serge! For some reason everybody loves them!" Serge said donning the game show host voice once again.
Anja wrote:"Oh I see are you hauling Colin up on the scene as well now."
Jeremy wrote:"I bet he'd be the main star." Serge said with a amused grin. "The spotlight would love him."
He looked at Serge with an almost horrified expression, "Oh, God, no, don't put me in the spotlight... The last time I stood at center stage, there were six Masters of Spirit beginning their grisly work on Beatrice... I don't generally do well with crowds; give me one or two people to speak with, and I can make Nephandi give me their personal protections or make Union cyborgs help us rescue one of our own - but address or perform for a crows? I'd almost rather jump into a Caul again..."

Anja wrote:The artificer grinned at that.
S7trif3 wrote:He gave Colin an odd look, confused but something else. It was the second time he'd called him Brian, which was actually his first given name. But he had no idea about the Blessed part. "I'm not following."
He chuckled softly and fished out his phone, bringing up a few clips of BRIAN BLESSED's dulcet tones.

S7trif3 wrote:"Greeks were fond of tragedies. I see your reference now."
He smiled wryly, "They were fond of comedies, too, I hear, though their definition of that was perhaps somewhat different from ours..."

Jeremy wrote:"Like a classic Angel..." Serge said with a sense of awe in his voice, as if he really wanted to see that. "Bet he looks majestic."
S7trif3 wrote:"He assists us in keeping us safe, so his form looks like what people imagine when they think 'guardian angels.' Angels in the Books have very different, often terrifying forms, like wheels of fire with eyes and multiple wings."
Jeremy wrote:"Majestic....large white wings....radiant light emanating from body.....a giant sword to dispense justice with..." Serge muttered to himself trying to think to figure out what he thought of when he thought 'guardian angels'.
He pondered, "Hum, can't recall seeing him with a sword, actually. But he looks sort of grandfatherly, perhaps a little like a mix between Christopher Lee and Morgan Freeman... though I suspect his actual appearance may shift a little between observers."

Anja wrote:And vacuum cleaner monsters and half cow wall decorations."
"The books are good though or at least the originals the newer ones are so so."
S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow. "Well, if it's a movie we can put it on at pizza night."
Anja wrote:"That works for me."
Bruce commented.
He nodded, "That works; it'll be a late night for us, then."

Jeremy wrote:"Yeah I've read enough eldritch horror to know that you shouldn't pry into alien minds that you don't understand." Serge said with a nod.
S7trif3 wrote:"They adopted me, but yes...they are earth spirits and tend to fix things which is handy when you have a hole in your roof and less so in other circumstances."
He nodded, "And of course, never conjure up anything you can't put down again. Or the more colloquial version, never conjure up anything bigger than your head."

Jeremy wrote:"Yup, outta my price range." Serge confirmed.
He arched the other eyebrow, "Oh, now I know you are exaggerating things. But, I suppose I could part with one in exchange for exploiting youthful labour..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Sounds good. Well then if you will excuse me gentlemen, I have to get myself to class. Mr Yager, welcome again I look forward to your following up on that day out. Colin, call me later when you get some time." He started to stand up, but winced as a flash of pain worked its way onto his face. He was stiff from sitting. He tried to cover up and grabbed his bag and put it onto his shoulder. With a nod to everyone, he exited the room.
Jeremy wrote:"Have a nice day teaching at class. See ya Adley." Serge said waving farewell to the exiting Hermetic.
Anja wrote:Bruce gave you a concerned look but he stood and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"Thanks, I look forward to my time here. Also you guys can all call me Serge if you want." Serge said wanting to add that last part in before everyone left.

"Bye! Have a nice day." the cheerful Ecstatic said waving farewell to the large Orphan.
He nodded, "Very well, then - everyone knows their assignments, of those who have them. And I will call another meeting as soon as I find a date everyone can make it."

Nicole wrote:'Eh, every country has it's skeletons.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug.
He nodded, "Some more than others - Britain has more than I'd like to admit, but at least it's not the Vatican..."

Nicole wrote:'I do too. Detroit's future is riding on it.'
He frowned, "The situation in Detroit is that bad by now?"

Nicole wrote:'I can imagine so...' Nicole replied, scratching one of her legs for a moment. 'Well, burning sunlight I am...' making a "time to leave" look towards the door. 'I'll let you know once I've sorted out those parts...'
He nodded and got up, heading for the door, "Very well. But you know, I usually go for my morning run before breakfast. You're welcome to join me for regular exercise around dawn."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:You saw one of the trio Nicole was talking with where glowing with magick, but what kind was hard to know she was not a mage, the sleeping drunk in the car ha a faint glow, perhaps he got hunches or psychic flashes or something like that now and again, perhaps without being aware of it hiself, you saw several small gafflings playing among the cars little decay spirits, a large spirit that was made up of miss matched car parts where walking around and a spirit dog that looked out of place where following the one among the trio talking with Nicole that you saw had some magic about her, in fact all three of them had something about them but it was hard to see what.

Something very entropic and static could be seen located inside a old van without any wheels on the other end of the parking lot and off course there where Bruce he was glowing over there where the sounds of his hammer came from like Awakened mages did, with his static Resonance and the same with Nicole though she was more Dynamic.
He frowned ever so briefly; most of the spirits, and the drunk in the car were pretty much what one could expect - but the dog spirit was... somewhat off. He casually wandered closer.

Nicole wrote:'Um...' Nicole spluttered, looking a bit lost. To buy herself a little thinking time, took a deep drag of her smoke before continuing. 'Strawberry...' her eyes widening a little. '-Pale skin, white hair, likes shiny things, right?' her caution evident.
Anja wrote:"Yeah....that is her, you know her? I would ask if she is your relative but I think she was born from a rat, most of them are actually that is why those like us are so rare."
Triana said.
"Strawberry is nice though but she o not really have a clue, she grew up as a pet I think the others sort of laugh at her like they laugh."
She added and James nodded.
"Yeah anyone but Sam, Sam likes everyone but he have gone missing."
He said sounding concerned.
Nicole wrote:'I've... met her.' Nicole replied cagily. On the rest of it, the large woman seemed to be having a flux of emotions; confusion, suspicion and a touch of anxious embarrassment.

Anja wrote:"Don't you know? But I can see their blood in you."
Trina said then they sigh.
"Okey so us relatives seldom get any hocus pocus but I have a gift, I can see those who are related to them, to the shapechangers, the rats...and you are...I am sorry if you did not know I guess it is safer for you to just assume I am nuts then and forget I said anything."
The teenager muttered and their two friends looked uneasy as well.
"Sorry for bothering you, we just thought you where like us."
The boy with the eye problem said.
"Yeah...ehm never mind us then."
The blond woman said as she took a step away a bit nervously.
Nicole wrote:The conflict within the large woman deepened; it was unclear what she'd do next. Then her brow furrowed, clearly deep in thought. Finally, Nicole spoke, slowly and with a tone of suspicious curiosity. 'Yet... you're sure enough of your... gift to come up to a woman you've never met and could kick your ass to tell her she's related to a bunch of.... were-rats? Which the world says does not exist.' a small pause, as she took a drag of her cigarette - the very fact Nicole was giving her the time of day speaking volumes.

'And you're the one who pointed when I turned up, yes? Just me. Not him.' gesturing with her head towards Colin. 'And then you mention Strawberry...' giving the impression the large woman was more talking to herself now, trying to grasp a conclusion of some form from a jumble of information.

'Then.. you said "them", not "us"...' another pause '-small, but important difference, that.' A moment where Nicole scratched her neck, then looked square at Trina.

'Does your "gift" allow you to see... other things? Like spotting other folk and critters which the world also says does not exist?'
He came up behind Nicole, just enough to the side that she wouldn't reflexively smack him if startled, "Did I hear someone mention Strawberry? Adorable little thing, slightly ratty looking, and from a tragic family background?"
He smiled thinly at the glowing girl, "Miss, I'm not sure what sort of magic you possess, but I do hope it's related to that rather peculiar dog spirit that's right behind you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:26 am

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Was thinking perhaps getting a New York System... been some time.' Nicole replied, lazily guiding the car towards the main routes south.

[Ah, the Blessed. Nothing against Coltrane, but he *should* have been Hagrid in Potter instead...]

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'I do. Drink a fair bit of the stuff in Canada, they do.'

Serge's Post:

Serge's Post:

'Now.' Nicole began in the tones of a tour-guide or school-teacher 'Who wants to make a guess to why we've come here today?' picking up the little menu and flicking through it.

[Why is he still carrying the box 'o skins around with him? Thought he'd have left it in his apartment]

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

A soft laugh to this.

Colin's Post:

'Well, the auto plants ain't coming back, are they? Detroit needs a new gig to pull, and Baynes hopes cybernetics could just be it.'

Colin's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next