Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 18 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:19 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'In short; get 'em to accept me as an equal, not something to simply order about or to fuck.'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'What, you'd prefer to be taught by someone utterly new to all this?' giving a wry smile.

Serge's Post:

'The boss signals he'd like you to explore his underpants; if you don't, you'll be fired a couple of weeks later on a technicality. The cop needs to perform a search, part of this requires a firm check of the ass and twins. The fact the search was done in a location the dashcam don't cover is just a coincidence. You bitch to the landlord about their lack of repairs; you're evicted within a month about all the "noise complaints" they've got from people you suspect only exist in the head.'

'Civilisation: the ability to push folk about without leaving a physical bruise.' ending with a mocking toast with her glass.

Serge's Post:

'You know I do; hockey. Might have actually gone somewhere with it if I'd been cleverer.'

Serge's Post:

'Yeah, like the arrival of your dinner.' ending with a chuckle as the waitress started to unload the plates; the portions were decent enough, and the Etherite had apparently ordered two meals.

['Check posts' as in 'make sure I've covered everything', though have also had the thing where new posts have also come in too. And I wasn't reopening a closed topic; merely stating that 'yes, I am finding this thread much heavier going than usual' which I only did after two others had already said similar]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 18 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:20 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"Yeah someone are hellbent on making sure Avatar cleansing stay a secret."
The Artificer said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Several someones... Proving their identities, though..."

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure this is something it will be easy to run a simulation on."
The other Orphan said an he shook his head.
He shrugged, "True, it probably won't be easy, but if anyone can pull it off, it would be Master Telar."

Jeremy wrote:"You can never read too much fiction." Serge said with a smile. "I need to re-read the Discworld series one day. It's been a while."
Anja wrote:"Discworld is a good series."
Bruce agreed and nodded.
"Just make sure you have one leg in the real world as well eh?"
Jeremy wrote:Serge gave Bruce a smile and a simple thumbs up.
He nodded, "I've got to get the last two books, too - never got around to those. And there will be no more new books, either, rest Sir Pterry's soul - seems his will made sure of that."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure the well you guys have washing machines and coffee makers so you might as well let us poke a needle in your butt and inject some Technocracy juice into you will fly but yes, the Union have made some good things, no one can deny that."
Bruce said wryly.
He grinned, "True, there's a big leap between accepting a coffee maker and accepting an injection - but there's precedent for accepting Union advances."

Anja wrote:"Agreed."
The Artificer said and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"Debates need arguments and arguments need proofs. We're just discussing the latter." Serge said with a shrug.
He nodded, "Proofs, certainly, but it sounds like you're advocating pulling off a several-year study in a week's time..."

Anja wrote:"That might just be the argument we need, if you Awakened a short time after being vaccinated that should prove that your magickal abilities where not affected by the vaccines."
Bruce said and frowned.
He grimaced, "Rather extreme circumstances, though, but yes, my Avatar was at the time supposedly too weak to be able to Awaken on her own. If vaccines were an impediment, that would have made even extreme circumstances insufficient..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well, idiot or no he did allot of damage."
Bruce said sourly.
He nodded, "At the very least his particular incident of bastardry is disproved several hundred times over..."

Anja wrote:"Well I do prefer to keep my brain in a reasonably good condition, and if I try it it would be once to know what to expect if I where ever captured by the Union."
Bruce said and frowned.
He nodded, "Keeping a cool head and perhaps a concealed lockpick of some sort could get you far, I guess... Hm, that would be an interesting idea to infiltrate their holdings - Primium lockpicks concealed in... awkward places. They wouldn't be able to pick those up on scans, either..."

S7trif3 wrote:"It writes out stories, does it not? Biographies...?"
He nodded, "Whose did you have in mind?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Rarer than a unicorn...and that island and those beasts should /not/ exist. Seeing one was worse enough..." And the aftermath, all the tass that had been avatars, he scowled.
Anja wrote:"Dr Mossley right? I went to her once, the reason I went to Horizon to have an injury fixed, she is a good doctor."
Bruce said and nodded.
"She is dual Tradition? That is rare."
He nodded, "The very one - she'll wind up my family physician once we move to Horizon - though that's yet a little while off."

S7trif3 wrote:"For safety reasons, we might consider skipping gorgons, for example."
Anja wrote:"Horizon have become a refuge for many Bygones yes, but I am not so sure they would be pleased if you treated their home as a petting zoo. Also there are some critters you might not want to meet Serge like for example the Avatar eaters."
Bruce said and frowned.
Jeremy wrote:"We'll use a magick telescope and watch from a far distance. Our Avatars don't need to be anywhere near it." Serge said, evidently wanting to see all that Horizon had to offer.
S7trif3 wrote:"Near is relative in a realm and in the umbra. If you see one of those things at any distance, I urge you to get as far away as possible. Not to ruin your fun, but they chew up avatars and excrete them as tass." He looked even more pale a moment. "Let's see the unicorns, instead..." he added.
Anja wrote:"I would prefer not to see the Avatar eaters at all Serge and I think your Mentor would be rather stern with us if we let you anywhere near them as well."
Jeremy wrote:"...Yeah. She would be very angry." Serge said with a defeated smile.
Anja wrote:"She would and with good reason and I try to not piss of Masters of the Art, if one is going to anger someone it is best not to choose someone with the powers of a god."
Bruce said and grinned.
"And especially when it comes to mages do not mess with a Master's apprentice, and the biggest no no would be to put said Master's apprentice's Avatar in danger, so no Avatar eaters for you but perhaps we can take up room in the hotel who's rooms are literary clouds."
He grinned, "No risking infuriating the person who can make you believe you're a five-year-old princess in a pink fluffy dress... and the Avatar Eaters would be best observed through binoculars from the safe vantage point of a heavily armed gunship."

S7trif3 wrote:"Thank you for that. Again. I think the worst part was that I did not know or realise that what I was seeing was not real. At any rate, it did end up showing us something important but it was dangerous."
He arched an eyebrow, "I would not go so far as to claim it was not real... I would hazard what you saw were two real events overlapping, more than anything else."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"If they had more programs to help the poor so people where not in such a desperate situation then buying blood would not be a problem, but as it is the system exploit those who just can not afford to say no."
The kid with the eye problem said and frowned.
He nodded, "And that is a severe failing of the American system."
He glanced at Nicole, "But, you know, in the 17th century, an angry mob lynched and ate the Dutch Prime Minister, so there are always... options when it comes to politics..."

Anja wrote:"Really, you think that is going to work?"
Trina asked and they looked surprised.
He grinned, "Well, the safest and easiest thing would probably be to mess with Dispatch and GPSes, but in a pinch, I suppose the junkyard could be completely isolated from the surrounding world for a little while..."

Anja wrote:Bruce grinned he gave his project a few more strikes until he could set it aside and let it cool.
"Well that is not the worst thing in the world."
He replied as he grabbed his shirt and pulled it back on, hiding a very muscled chest with several scars.
"So you and Nicole found the place okey?"
He nodded, lowering his voice, "We found the place, I left some groceries to be shared around with the mother in the trailer, and this place has something of a parasite problem. Nicole's chatting with some teenagers, and I'll be calling the Chantry for help to... sort out the problem. Suspecting the Prince of Boston might be interested in hearing how some of his kind are being unsubtle and outright demanding blood from people..."

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]
Anja wrote:"Agreed I have said as much, at best something might have changed and we might learn something at and if not then at least the poor man is not scared while he await his fate while he is in the Seeking."
Cita said and she nodded in agreement.
S7trife wrote:"That might be good, but whom?"
Anja wrote:"Looking into the Seeking of another is not easy or always safe but I can see what I can arrange."
The spirit healer said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm not sure he's saying peer into the Seeking so much as keep an eye on him until he awakens..if he does."
He nodded, "Ah, no, I meant examine his Avatar while he's otherwise occupied. Interfering with the Seeking might have unpleasant results for everyone."

Anja wrote:"The problem is that we do not know how the Master Alchemist communicated with the Psycopomps."
Cita said and sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"There may be hints at that in the book...I can look it over for certain side notes that would give an indication that it would not be the standard way of communicating with spirits."
He nodded, "True, and I never suggested it would be easy, just that we should be able to find a way. Which is why I need to get the ritual finished quickly, so we can test it. Hum... come to think of it, Teomim was not a Hermetic, so it's plausible he did not need to speak Enochian to achieve communication, either..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Well, something like that," he said, unsure how she would feel about them being called scars when they were her avatar marks. He ate some of the cookies.
He nodded, "Were you thinking of the one we went into battle with, or the Mentor-apprentice pair?"

Anja wrote:"Even the ones that do well among the unfortunate ones....are reduced so no most of them are not capable of such an act of passion no, and yes Mr Gregatio are more of Miss Florentine's caretaker right now than her teacher, and he is doing a good job of it."
Cita agreed.
He nodded, "He's doing a very good job of it, the... interfering visit of a beast notwithstanding."

Anja wrote:Cita nodded.
"Off course I would not wish to do this to your apprentice against her will, and yes looking at her Avatar is less invasive but also less direct than showing the two scales side by side but can be done if Anna do not wish to do it, or if Dr Lee think doing so would be unsafe, as I said the procedure would be painful. My suggestion is that we speak with Dr Lee first to see if me taking one of Anna's scales is safe and if he says yes then we can talk with the girl together so that she do not become scared if I do so without you there."
The spirit healer said and she smiled kindly.
He nodded, "Sounds like a plan, then. I'll ask Dr. Lee, and then I will introduce you to Anna."

S7trif3 wrote:"If you say so, I have found that it can attract unwanted attention sometimes. Some spirits are hostile. At any rate, I am not sure if I can show you how I do it, since it involves a basic understanding of the...hrm, what you would call maybe the ethereal body, or your body that vibrates on the same plane as it is spirit. And part of that is knowing the difference in the base matter and life body, as it were...maybe I can find something in the library though, I've been in there often enough."
He nodded, "True enough, some are hostile... but I have my little scrambler; a few subtle waves of my wand, and they lose track of me... It's not been necessary more than once so far, though, not counting the rescue of little Egypt in Chicago."

Anja wrote:Cita nodded at that.
"Mr Yager where asked to help Beatrice get some sleep, he was kind and careful with her according to Master Nassa so I think he knows when to keep his enthusiasm in check."
Cita said and nodded.
"Though I can not say for sure since I have not met the kid yet."
S7trif3 wrote:"Alright, keep me posted."
He smiled, "He's... young, for good and ill. There's a kindness and innocence to him that I hope he can retain for a great many years yet."

((OOC: I think the main reason my last post took so long was that I had between fifteen and twenty posts to catch up on, not so much the conversations within those posts.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 pm

[Cabal meeting]

He nodded, "Whose did you have in mind?"

"Think about it...I'm not sure if it's a wise idea, but it is an idea. I'll talk to you later about it."

He arched an eyebrow, "I would not go so far as to claim it was not real... I would hazard what you saw were two real events overlapping, more than anything else."

"Hrm...more like seeing things through the lens of someone else's Being and interpreting them that way. It was real in it's own way, I suppose. Yet also not real, even if it gave us new truths."

He nodded, "True, and I never suggested it would be easy, just that we should be able to find a way. Which is why I need to get the ritual finished quickly, so we can test it. Hum... come to think of it, Teomim was not a Hermetic, so it's plausible he did not need to speak Enochian to achieve communication, either..."

"Let me have a look at the book, later."

He nodded, "Were you thinking of the one we went into battle with, or the Mentor-apprentice pair?"

"The former, though the latter may also have some ideas. It might be hard to parse those responses though...I have a lot of things to try to fit together and it's a bit like reading twenty books at once, a sentence each and fitting them together."

He nodded, "True enough, some are hostile... but I have my little scrambler; a few subtle waves of my wand, and they lose track of me... It's not been necessary more than once so far, though, not counting the rescue of little Egypt in Chicago."

"I'm glad to see that works on them also..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:34 pm

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'So... you were sorta... headhunted? Did all the Houses have a competition on who got you or something? Or did they all give you leaflets bigging themselves up?' Nicole replied, tone unclear whether this was her being sarcastic or genuinely didn't know - the woman did seem to have some worrying gaps in her knowledge.

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

'Gotta respect that. Takes guts to allow yourself to be in a position to be shot, strung up with rope or have your head hacked off.' Nicole replied. 'Most fuckers simply leg it when the shit gets a bit close.'

[Hell, simply 'checking posts' takes time, even if you're using all the short-cuts.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Adley wrote:"For safety reasons, we might consider skipping gorgons, for example."

"I bet we could find a way." Serge said stroking his chin methodically although it was obvious he was joking.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "I've got to get the last two books, too - never got around to those. And there will be no more new books, either, rest Sir Pterry's soul - seems his will made sure of that."

"I have most of the books on my phone." Serge said pulling out his phone and looking through a rather large selection of e-books.

Anja wrote:"She would and with good reason and I try to not piss of Masters of the Art, if one is going to anger someone it is best not to choose someone with the powers of a god."
Bruce said and grinned.
"And especially when it comes to mages do not mess with a Master's apprentice, and the biggest no no would be to put said Master's apprentice's Avatar in danger, so no Avatar eaters for you but perhaps we can take up room in the hotel who's rooms are literary clouds."

"Who comes up with this stuff? Cause they're a genius!" Serge said with a smile remembering the cloud hotel he had heard about from Jane. "Yeah I'm cool with putting the hotel on the list."

Colin wrote:He grinned, "No risking infuriating the person who can make you believe you're a five-year-old princess in a pink fluffy dress... and the Avatar Eaters would be best observed through binoculars from the safe vantage point of a heavily armed gunship."

"Oh please. My mentor's not that mean." Serge began innocently, "And besides, she can do so much worse than that."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'What, you'd prefer to be taught by someone utterly new to all this?' giving a wry smile.

"I'm willing to be taught by anyone wiling to teach my the ways of the matrix." Serge said with a sigh. "It's not like I can go up to an adept and ask him to teach me about their group's biggest secrets. Doubt they'd be willing to share with someone not of there own."

With a sideways glance at the large women Serge continued, "You've gotta be curious about it as well. The explorer that you are."

Nicole wrote:'The boss signals he'd like you to explore his underpants; if you don't, you'll be fired a couple of weeks later on a technicality. The cop needs to perform a search, part of this requires a firm check of the ass and twins. The fact the search was done in a location the dashcam don't cover is just a coincidence. You bitch to the landlord about their lack of repairs; you're evicted within a month about all the "noise complaints" they've got from people you suspect only exist in the head.'

'Civilisation: the ability to push folk about without leaving a physical bruise.' ending with a mocking toast with her glass.

"Ahhh, reality. Reaching new levels of depressing everyday. That's why I chose to avoid it for the longest time." Serge said taking another sip of his drink.

"So was that all stuff that's happened to you or just stuff you've heard and seen about happening in general?"

Nicole wrote:'You know I do; hockey. Might have actually gone somewhere with it if I'd been cleverer.'

"Sorry if this is a dumb question but did you play on the ice? Or was it field hockey?" Serge asked.

Nicole wrote:'Yeah, like the arrival of your dinner.' ending with a chuckle as the waitress started to unload the plates; the portions were decent enough, and the Etherite had apparently ordered two meals.

"No! My fish cakes!" Serge said as he quickly opened his eyes to the meal laid out in front of him. He thanked the waitress and began to hastily eat his small but well-portioned meal.

"Fuck, you were right. These are good." he said after eating a good number of the cakes. "How's your food?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:43 am

[Nicole, Colin and Bruce] (Abandoned junkyard)

'In short; get 'em to accept me as an equal, not something to simply order about or to fuck.'

"Indeed that would be the only way to earn their respect and get them to treat you better than they do most human kin."
Trina agreed.

He nodded, "And that is a severe failing of the American system."
He glanced at Nicole, "But, you know, in the 17th century, an angry mob lynched and ate the Dutch Prime Minister, so there are always... options when it comes to politics..."

"Seams that mob had the right idea."
The blond girl said and frowned.
"But yeah being poor in America sucks."

He grinned, "Well, the safest and easiest thing would probably be to mess with Dispatch and GPSes, but in a pinch, I suppose the junkyard could be completely isolated from the surrounding world for a little while..."

"Wow that is so cool!"
Trina said and grinned.
"I have always wanted to learn more about computers but yeah I can't afford one but they are indeed cool."

He nodded, lowering his voice, "We found the place, I left some groceries to be shared around with the mother in the trailer, and this place has something of a parasite problem. Nicole's chatting with some teenagers, and I'll be calling the Chantry for help to... sort out the problem. Suspecting the Prince of Boston might be interested in hearing how some of his kind are being unsubtle and outright demanding blood from people..."

"Yes she will be able to fairly distribute the supplies."
Bruce said and nodded then he sigh.
"Hum...yeah I have noticed the residents having become more nervous lately, you are saying vampires are to blame?"
The large man's eyes narrowed.
"Yeah let us call the Chantry for help, and also do you think our guests in the basement might know something about this?"
He asked.
"Might be worth asking them."

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"For safety reasons, we might consider skipping gorgons, for example."

"I can think of a few critters we should skip on the tour."
Bruce said wryly.

"Rarer than a unicorn...and that island and those beasts should /not/ exist. Seeing one was worse enough..." And the aftermath, all the tass that had been avatars, he scowled.

"Yeah that critter where nasty, it attacked you id it not Adley, no wonder you would not want to see one again. Also why have not that island and those creatures been destroyed long ago?"
Your Cabalmate asked and frowned.

"Near is relative in a realm and in the umbra. If you see one of those things at any distance, I urge you to get as far away as possible. Not to ruin your fun, but they chew up avatars and excrete them as tass." He looked even more pale a moment. "Let's see the unicorns, instead..." he added.

"And something chewing on your Avatar that sort of permanently run your fun."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Unicorns even angry unicorns would be far better."

Colin nodded, "Several someones... Proving their identities, though..."

"Yes that is indeed the problem."
Bruce said.
"But we will uncover them eventually."

He shrugged, "True, it probably won't be easy, but if anyone can pull it off, it would be Master Telar."

"Well the lady is really good at what she do I hear."
Your Cabalmate agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "I've got to get the last two books, too - never got around to those. And there will be no more new books, either, rest Sir Pterry's soul - seems his will made sure of that."

"I am of two minds when it comes to that Colin, looking at the new Dune books I can understand that authors do not want others to continue their series but at the same time it sort of suck that nothing more will be made."
Bruce said and sigh.

He grinned, "True, there's a big leap between accepting a coffee maker and accepting an injection - but there's precedent for accepting Union advances."

"True enough."
The other Orphan agreed.

He nodded, "Proofs, certainly, but it sounds like you're advocating pulling off a several-year study in a week's time..."

"Not really, just show a few examples of vaccines not harming a mage's ability to do magick."
Bruce said and shrugged.

He grimaced, "Rather extreme circumstances, though, but yes, my Avatar was at the time supposedly too weak to be able to Awaken on her own. If vaccines were an impediment, that would have made even extreme circumstances insufficient..."

"Indeed so that story should be told as it show that vaccines did not harm your Avatar one bit."
The Orphan said and nodded.

He nodded, "At the very least his particular incident of bastardry is disproved several hundred times over..."

The Artificer nodded at this and grunted.

He nodded, "Keeping a cool head and perhaps a concealed lockpick of some sort could get you far, I guess... Hm, that would be an interesting idea to infiltrate their holdings - Primium lockpicks concealed in... awkward places. They wouldn't be able to pick those up on scans, either..."

Bruce raised an eyebrow.
"Now there is a place I would not like to have Primium."
He grunted.
"But yes being able to keep a clear head is useful."

He nodded, "The very one - she'll wind up my family physician once we move to Horizon - though that's yet a little while off."

"Yeah she is really good, took care of a Paradox issue I had, so you have seen that she will be your octor in the future then Colin, damn but do that give me a headache."
He said and grunted.

He grinned, "No risking infuriating the person who can make you believe you're a five-year-old princess in a pink fluffy dress... and the Avatar Eaters would be best observed through binoculars from the safe vantage point of a heavily armed gunship."

"Then again Colin I would look fabulous in a frilly dress"
Bruce joked.
"But yes let us make sure none of us get eaten by the Island Creatures, that would be bad."

"I have most of the books on my phone." Serge said pulling out his phone and looking through a rather large selection of e-books.

"I prefer physical books for myself kid but if I am traveling I use my Kindle it is more comfortable to read on than a phone."
Bruce said as he glanced at Serge's phone.

"Who comes up with this stuff? Cause they're a genius!" Serge said with a smile remembering the cloud hotel he had heard about from Jane. "Yeah I'm cool with putting the hotel on the list."

"Cloud hotel it is then, usually it is shit expensive but the owner's son owe me a favor."
Bruce said and shrugged.

"Oh please. My mentor's not that mean." Serge began innocently, "And besides, she can do so much worse than that."

"Yeah that is what is am afraid of."
Bruce said wryly.

"That might be good, but whom?"

"Me probably."
Cita said and sigh.
"But yes it is doable just not very easy."

"I'm not sure he's saying peer into the Seeking so much as keep an eye on him until he awakens..if he does."

"Ah well, a camera in his cell should be enough then and now and again going in to check on him, that I can arrange for, I have some leeway with the Security Council."
The spirit healer commented.

"There may be hints at that in the book...I can look it over for certain side notes that would give an indication that it would not be the standard way of communicating with spirits."

"The Creation of the Magus' Child book? Yes please do that would be helpful."
Cita said and nodded.

"Well, something like that," he said, unsure how she would feel about them being called scars when they were her avatar marks. He ate some of the cookies.

"I see, well I will be careful with my words, but yes asking him might be useful yes."
She agreed.

"It is certainly ominous."

"Ominous yes but true considering how many Fallen are captured by the Traditions."
Cita said and frowned.

He nodded, "Ah, no, I meant examine his Avatar while he's otherwise occupied. Interfering with the Seeking might have unpleasant results for everyone."

"The Avatar might be less than pleased if someone pokes at it when it is busy creating a Seeking for her Host."
Cita said and frowned.

The spirit healer just nodded at that.

He nodded, "He's doing a very good job of it, the... interfering visit of a beast notwithstanding."

"Yes that...was unfortunate, but he is doing a good job an have trained several skilled Mercere many thought where just broken individuals with no future."
Cita said and nodded.

He nodded, "Sounds like a plan, then. I'll ask Dr. Lee, and then I will introduce you to Anna."

The Spirit Healer nodded at that.

(OOC 1: Sorry for the late reply I GMed Mage on chat last night and when done I was tired. Lily the widderslainte I have used as a NPC for this game did evil stuff again, I know how you all loooooooove her. Razz )

(OOC 2: Yes it seams the Cabal meeting is slowing down and should soon be done.)

(OOC 3: It is the length of posts which is cause it to take time not where they are posted but I am sorry you do not like the way we organize IC threads Nicole.)

(OOC 4: Sorry about that Colin, I hope you feel better now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:41 am

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Not that much, really. I like the good 'ol physical world.'

Serge's Post:

'I don't blame you for that... it's a view many take. That or to bull back to "own bubble" things.' Nicole replied evenly. 'But that's not a solution - shit won't get fixed if everybody's ignoring it.'

Serge's Post:

'Oh, I could continue for ages on crap like that.' Nicole replied, clearly dodging the question. 'But know it does happen.'

Serge's Post:

'Of course. Field hockey is only for posh girls who do horse-riding.' ending with a raised eyebrow.

Serge's Post:

Nicole nodded in confirmation, already hacking apart her steak. 'Nothing fancy, just a decent meal at a decent price.'

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'And there's the tricky part.'

[The issue is not a "deal breaker". And this thread is a different style to normally - perhaps we need to change our posting styles a bit? Aka normally we'd feel the need to cover all topics with character X right now 'cos we don't know when our PC will talk to 'em again - however with this style, it's perfectly possible for a PC to run into them again 'a little later' and ask topic Y at that point. May explain why the cabal meeting got so large and wordy.]

[Unless the NPC's have anything else to say at Junkyard, don't mind you stalling Nick for a few rounds so Colin can have a bit of a talk with Bruce before she turns up].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:35 pm

'And there's the tricky part.'

"Yeah that is the tricky part."
Trina agreed.

(OOC: No none of the other teenagers say anything. Perhaps I can then assume Nicole will be scouting the place out to try to get a feel of the place and where an ambush perhaps?)

(OOC 2: I like that we go into details what we have done in the past when posts have gotten to long is this let us say Adley and Colin are having lunch and the conversation lines are books, seeing a strange man around the Chantry, planning movie night, learning Greek, how to respond best to an apprentice disobeying an order and pie, now there are other things they wish to discuss but at this time they have to finish these conversation lines before they begin discussing their preference in pens and whatever or not to get a dog.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:10 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"I prefer physical books for myself kid but if I am traveling I use my Kindle it is more comfortable to read on than a phone."

"Physicals nice but I don't have a preference. I'm cool with any method." Serge said. Bruce would notice that Serge had a large variety of books in many different genres, ranging from fantasy to sci-fi to mystery and much more.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Not that much, really. I like the good 'ol physical world.'

"Meh, the physical world doesn't do it for me. Too many restrictions."

Nicole wrote:'I don't blame you for that... it's a view many take. That or to bull back to "own bubble" things.' Nicole replied evenly. 'But that's not a solution - shit won't get fixed if everybody's ignoring it.'

"Yeah...I know that. The worlds always changing but it's up to the people in it to change it for the better." Serge said with a sigh.

Nicole wrote:'Of course. Field hockey is only for posh girls who do horse-riding.' ending with a raised eyebrow.

"So you played at the ice. That means you know how to ice skate!" Serge said with a smile. "That's definitely on the list of things I've always wanted to do. Don't think I've ever been to an ice rink either. What's that like?"

Nicole wrote:Nicole nodded in confirmation, already hacking apart her steak. 'Nothing fancy, just a decent meal at a decent price.'

"You always see shady deals going on in places like this. At least in movies." Serge said looking around the tiny diner as if to look for the thing he spoke about. "Cops and mobsters talking calmly. Evenly exchanging threats while looking into each other's eyes, trying to psyche one another out. A small piece of paper get slid over to the cop with demands and the mobster guy walks out like nothing happened."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:42 pm

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"Physicals nice but I don't have a preference. I'm cool with any method." Serge said. Bruce would notice that Serge had a large variety of books in many different genres, ranging from fantasy to sci-fi to mystery and much more.

"Have you tried to use a kindle they have a screen that imitate paper, the effect is pretty good actually."
Bruce said then he glanced at your phone.
"That is a cool collection of books you have though kid, do you read allot?"
The Orphan asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 pm

[Cabal meeting]

"Yeah that critter where nasty, it attacked you id it not Adley, no wonder you would not want to see one again. Also why have not that island and those creatures been destroyed long ago?" Your Cabalmate asked and frowned.

"It attacked us, yes and I fought one. If you have to engage in combat, hit them square in the teeth with something heavy duty, they seem to be weakest there." He mimed bashing it as if with something not quite the size of a cricket bat or long hammer - his club.

"Ah well, a camera in his cell should be enough then and now and again going in to check on him, that I can arrange for, I have some leeway with the Security Council."

"I think that might be wise," he said.

"I see, well I will be careful with my words, but yes asking him might be useful yes."
She agreed.

"Alright," he nodded.

[Adley & Nicole go to Whitecastle Beefbarn]

'So... you were sorta... headhunted? Did all the Houses have a competition on who got you or something? Or did they all give you leaflets bigging themselves up?' Nicole replied, tone unclear whether this was her being sarcastic or genuinely didn't know - the woman did seem to have some worrying gaps in her knowledge.

"Talent scouting would be a more appropriate analogue...as for who got me...well, I may have fit into at least one or two other Houses, but my House, Flambeau, is the one that has the most openings so to speak, as we have the highest attrition rates." He frowned a little. "I don't really know if there were others that wanted me as their apprentice, it would be rude to ask and honestly it never crossed my mind. I believe I was quite fortunate to land with my mentor."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:29 pm

"It attacked us, yes and I fought one. If you have to engage in combat, hit them square in the teeth with something heavy duty, they seem to be weakest there." He mimed bashing it as if with something not quite the size of a cricket bat or long hammer - his club.

"I will keep it in mind Adley, hopefully we will never have to deal with those critters again."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Are they physical or spirit though? And do you know why they and their island s not destroyed? Why do Horizon a place full of mages have critters that eat Avatars?"
The Orphan asked.

"I think that might be wise," he said.

"I will see if it can be arranged and I will check in on the man now and again and advocate against waking him but that I am not sure if I can manage, a camera though should be easy enough."
Cita said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Anja wrote:"Well the lady is really good at what she do I hear."
Your Cabalmate agreed and nodded.
Colin nodded, "And of course, whether or not she can help with that, the main point remains - no human tests until there is some thorough theoretical work done to chart as many possible results and preparing responses to them. A simple 'I expect this one thing to happen, and it will work out fine' will not do; I'm going to demand seeing plans for marginal cases, too, both positive and negative results, and plans for handling every eventuality."

Anja wrote:"I am of two minds when it comes to that Colin, looking at the new Dune books I can understand that authors do not want others to continue their series but at the same time it sort of suck that nothing more will be made."
Bruce said and sigh.
He nodded, "Some book series can be continued by another author. Some series... well, Pratchett's was rather a unique mind, and we may never see its equal again among the ranks of fiction writers. It is sad that he passed on, and that there will be no more Discworld stories, but I sincerely doubt anyone else would have been able to pick up the torch."

Jeremy wrote:"I have most of the books on my phone." Serge said pulling out his phone and looking through a rather large selection of e-books.
Anja wrote:"I prefer physical books for myself kid but if I am traveling I use my Kindle it is more comfortable to read on than a phone."
Jeremy wrote:"Physicals nice but I don't have a preference. I'm cool with any method." Serge said. Bruce would notice that Serge had a large variety of books in many different genres, ranging from fantasy to sci-fi to mystery and much more.
Anja wrote:"Have you tried to use a kindle they have a screen that imitate paper, the effect is pretty good actually."
"That is a cool collection of books you have though kid, do you read allot?"
The Orphan asked.
He smiled thinly, "I won't deny that the electronic book readers are convenient for portability, but it's just not a real book to me unless I can touch the paper and smell the ink and glue... or what do you say, Adley?"

Anja wrote:"Not really, just show a few examples of vaccines not harming a mage's ability to do magick."
Bruce said and shrugged.
He nodded, "Reasonable enough, then - we can certainly ask around a few places about vaccinated Magi of various Traditions and ages."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so that story should be told as it show that vaccines did not harm your Avatar one bit."
The Orphan said and nodded.
He nodded, "Most certainly. And I can vouch for what it feels like when someone tries to harm my Avatar in comparison..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Think about it...I'm not sure if it's a wise idea, but it is an idea. I'll talk to you later about it."
He nodded, "Tell you what, swing by my shop one day during work hours, and I'll summon him there."

Anja wrote:Bruce raised an eyebrow.
"Now there is a place I would not like to have Primium."
He grunted.
"But yes being able to keep a clear head is useful."
He grinned, "Might want to wrap it up somehow, so the thin spiny bits don's accidentally poke holes in something - but yes, it would be uncomfortable. On the other hand, imagine how fearsome you could be if you learned to overcome such an intimate presence of Primium while working your magic?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah she is really good, took care of a Paradox issue I had, so you have seen that she will be your octor in the future then Colin, damn but do that give me a headache."
He said and grunted.
He grinned, "That's the way with Doctors and time; if you think too hard on it, you'll only get a headache. Some times, it is better to just accept it and move on, and let someone else deal with the paradoxes..."

Anja wrote:"I can think of a few critters we should skip on the tour."
Bruce said wryly.
Jeremy wrote:"I bet we could find a way." Serge said stroking his chin methodically although it was obvious he was joking.
Anja wrote:"And something chewing on your Avatar that sort of permanently run your fun."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Unicorns even angry unicorns would be far better."
He nodded, "Which reminds me, I'm going to have to research the various, er, dragon rental services, to see if there are any where the dragon itself is in charge. Anna is really eager to meet and possibly fly one, and I'd rather hate to encourage enslaving intelligent beings like that - I hear they are quite as clever as humans."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that critter where nasty, it attacked you id it not Adley, no wonder you would not want to see one again. Also why have not that island and those creatures been destroyed long ago?"
Your Cabalmate asked and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:"It attacked us, yes and I fought one. If you have to engage in combat, hit them square in the teeth with something heavy duty, they seem to be weakest there." He mimed bashing it as if with something not quite the size of a cricket bat or long hammer - his club.
Anja wrote:"I will keep it in mind Adley, hopefully we will never have to deal with those critters again."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Are they physical or spirit though? And do you know why they and their island s not destroyed? Why do Horizon a place full of mages have critters that eat Avatars?"
The Orphan asked.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Blunt trauma to the teeth, duly noted. And I suspect that the reason they are not exterminated is one of conservation - remove a species, who knows what ramifications you wind up with up and down the food chain... besides, it would detract from the whole, however horrid they are..."

Jeremy wrote:"Who comes up with this stuff? Cause they're a genius!" Serge said with a smile remembering the cloud hotel he had heard about from Jane. "Yeah I'm cool with putting the hotel on the list."
Anja wrote:"Cloud hotel it is then, usually it is shit expensive but the owner's son owe me a favor."
Bruce said and shrugged.
He arched an eyebrow, "Sounds like a truly cushy place, that hotel... How expensive is 'shit expensive'?"

Anja wrote:"Then again Colin I would look fabulous in a frilly dress"
Bruce joked.
"But yes let us make sure none of us get eaten by the Island Creatures, that would be bad."
Jeremy wrote:"Oh please. My mentor's not that mean." Serge began innocently, "And besides, she can do so much worse than that."
Anja wrote:"Yeah that is what is am afraid of."
Bruce said wryly.
He grinned, "Quite, not helping. The one thing more embarrassing than being turned into a frog would be being convinced one was turned into a frog..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Hrm...more like seeing things through the lens of someone else's Being and interpreting them that way. It was real in it's own way, I suppose. Yet also not real, even if it gave us new truths."
He nodded, "Well, I suppose we were lucky with the contextual parallels. That could have gone far worse, I suspect..."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Nicole wrote:'Gotta respect that. Takes guts to allow yourself to be in a position to be shot, strung up with rope or have your head hacked off.' Nicole replied. 'Most fuckers simply leg it when the shit gets a bit close.'
Anja wrote:"Seams that mob had the right idea."
The blond girl said and frowned.
"But yeah being poor in America sucks."
He nodded, "I believe President Kennedy had a choice observation on that... as for poverty in the US, I find it interesting that this country is the only western country in which the political left is somewhere to the right-of-center compared to any other developed country... That's the sort of thing that will severely mess up governmental responsibility."

Anja wrote:"Wow that is so cool!"
Trina said and grinned.
"I have always wanted to learn more about computers but yeah I can't afford one but they are indeed cool."
He smiled, "Well, I think I can help you a little there... I have a few books that teach the basics - it's not the same as learning by doing, but it's at least a solid theoretical foundation, both for hardware and software."

Anja wrote:"Yes she will be able to fairly distribute the supplies."
Bruce said and nodded then he sigh.
"Hum...yeah I have noticed the residents having become more nervous lately, you are saying vampires are to blame?"
The large man's eyes narrowed.
"Yeah let us call the Chantry for help, and also do you think our guests in the basement might know something about this?"
He asked.
"Might be worth asking them."
He nodded, "There're three teenagers here, descendants of wererats, they're pretty certain we're talking about vampires. Actually, I rather suspect one of them might be a Rebis on the verge of Awakening, so I should have someone more skilled than me swing by to see, too - but for now, I'm going to call for reinforcements, and see if our guests in the basement might be able to confirm my suspicion: that these vampires are acting without Princely authorization."
As he fished out his phone and found Morgans' number, he added, "Oh, and there was something I wanted to ask of you... Do you think you could construct a comfortable folding chair to support Nicole's impressive physique? With armrests and a cupholder, preferably, though those could well be fabric rather than reinforced metal."

Anja wrote:"Ah well, a camera in his cell should be enough then and now and again going in to check on him, that I can arrange for, I have some leeway with the Security Council."
S7trif3 wrote:"I think that might be wise," he said.
Anja wrote:"I will see if it can be arranged and I will check in on the man now and again and advocate against waking him but that I am not sure if I can manage, a camera though should be easy enough."
Cita said and nodded.
He nodded, "A camera should be good - that ought to make it easier to react quickly when he wakes up naturally, too."

Anja wrote:"The Avatar might be less than pleased if someone pokes at it when it is busy creating a Seeking for her Host."
Cita said and frowned.
He frowned, "You would know far more about that than I would - I will take your word for it."

S7trif3 wrote:"Let me have a look at the book, later."
Anja wrote:"The Creation of the Magus' Child book? Yes please do that would be helpful."
Cita said and nodded.
He smiled, "The book is in my apartment, of course, and you are welcome to come by any time to read."

S7trif3 wrote:"The former, though the latter may also have some ideas. It might be hard to parse those responses though...I have a lot of things to try to fit together and it's a bit like reading twenty books at once, a sentence each and fitting them together."
He pondered, "She is a little... differently-minded, but the puzzle pieces seem to fit together remarkably well once you have just the little scrap of information that is needed to work it out. Almost as though her insights are meant for only one or two persons at a time..."

Anja wrote:"Yes that...was unfortunate, but he is doing a good job an have trained several skilled Mercere many thought where just broken individuals with no future."
Cita said and nodded.
He frowned, "The Mercere may be the House possessed of the strongest individuals of the whole Order of Hermes... It's a pity they don't get credit for that."

S7trif3 wrote:"I'm glad to see that works on them also..."
He grinned, "Not as glad as I was when I retrieved Egypt and her mother. Those spirits that were following us would have been... troublesome if they'd led the Fallen back to Morningstar with us."

((OOC: Still sick. Doctor's appointment at quarter past way too early tomorrow. I "hope" I'm still sick at that point, since it would otherwise just be an awkward waste of time and money. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:51 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Have you tried to use a kindle they have a screen that imitate paper, the effect is pretty good actually."

"Haven't used them but I've seen plenty of old chinese men using them in the subways." Serge said giving a rather specific example. "They're really cool-looking but I can't really justify buying one when I can do the important stuff on my phone."

Anja wrote:"That is a cool collection of books you have though kid, do you read allot?"
The Orphan asked.

"I read when I get the urge too. Used to read a lot more when I was in school." Serge replied. "Nowadays I mostly watch tv shows on my laptop but I still enjoy reading from time to time."

Adley wrote:"It attacked us, yes and I fought one. If you have to engage in combat, hit them square in the teeth with something heavy duty, they seem to be weakest there." He mimed bashing it as if with something not quite the size of a cricket bat or long hammer - his club.

"I hope I'll never need to use that advice. But I'll definitely keep it in mind just in case." Serge said with a nod.

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "I won't deny that the electronic book readers are convenient for portability, but it's just not a real book to me unless I can touch the paper and smell the ink and glue... or what do you say, Adley?"

"More than just portability. Accessibility as well. Never needed to go outside to the library when I could just borrow the ebooks on my phone right from the comfort of my own home." Serge said with a smile. "But I won't deny that feeling the paper has it's appeal."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 am

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"Haven't used them but I've seen plenty of old chinese men using them in the subways." Serge said giving a rather specific example. "They're really cool-looking but I can't really justify buying one when I can do the important stuff on my phone."

"If you are ok with an older model I have a old kindle I no longer use just laying aroun you can have that if you want Serge just to check it out, the newer ones are better but the older models still work well."
Bruce offered.

"I read when I get the urge too. Used to read a lot more when I was in school." Serge replied. "Nowadays I mostly watch tv shows on my laptop but I still enjoy reading from time to time."

The large Orphan nodded at that.
"Well reading is a nice hobby, TV shows can be fun as well though."

Colin nodded, "And of course, whether or not she can help with that, the main point remains - no human tests until there is some thorough theoretical work done to chart as many possible results and preparing responses to them. A simple 'I expect this one thing to happen, and it will work out fine' will not do; I'm going to demand seeing plans for marginal cases, too, both positive and negative results, and plans for handling every eventuality."

Bruce nodded at that.
"Agreed."

He nodded, "Some book series can be continued by another author. Some series... well, Pratchett's was rather a unique mind, and we may never see its equal again among the ranks of fiction writers. It is sad that he passed on, and that there will be no more Discworld stories, but I sincerely doubt anyone else would have been able to pick up the torch."

"Yeah i would tend to agree, and yes it is sad the man passed on but I am glad he did not get to the end stages of his disease before he passed, that must be a nightmare, to become less and less you, to die while you are still alive."
The Orphan said and frowned.
"I guess we will have to do with the books we have of the series."

He smiled thinly, "I won't deny that the electronic book readers are convenient for portability, but it's just not a real book to me unless I can touch the paper and smell the ink and glue... or what do you say, Adley?"

"I agree I like to smell and touch books but some books are not published in physical book format so if you want to read them you have to use an e reader."
Bruce commented.

He nodded, "Reasonable enough, then - we can certainly ask around a few places about vaccinated Magi of various Traditions and ages."

"That might give us ammunition to counter Miss Rozzo's arguments."
The large man said and nodded.

He nodded, "Most certainly. And I can vouch for what it feels like when someone tries to harm my Avatar in comparison..."

Bruce nodded at that.
"Indeed you woul be better able than most to say during a debate that vaccines o not harm a mage's magickal abilities."

He grinned, "Might want to wrap it up somehow, so the thin spiny bits don's accidentally poke holes in something - but yes, it would be uncomfortable. On the other hand, imagine how fearsome you could be if you learned to overcome such an intimate presence of Primium while working your magic?"

"Yes well I doubt I will make a habit out of showing Primium up my ass even if it mght give a certain flair in escaping confinement by the Technocracy."
The Orphan said and grinned.

He grinned, "That's the way with Doctors and time; if you think too hard on it, you'll only get a headache. Some times, it is better to just accept it and move on, and let someone else deal with the paradoxes..."

"Yeah you might be right about that."
Bruce said.
"Some things are best to not think about to much."

He nodded, "Which reminds me, I'm going to have to research the various, er, dragon rental services, to see if there are any where the dragon itself is in charge. Anna is really eager to meet and possibly fly one, and I'd rather hate to encourage enslaving intelligent beings like that - I hear they are quite as clever as humans."

"Yeah the way I understand it they live far up into the mountains, they can talk and have human intelligence so holding them against their will is not good."
Bruce said.
"I don't know I only saw a few as I walked from the Umbral port to the Sons of Ether clinic and as I had a Paradox flaw that...ehm never mind that, I was more concerne with getting where I where going to have it dealt with to say it like that, but they looked really neat, large and blue."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Blunt trauma to the teeth, duly noted. And I suspect that the reason they are not exterminated is one of conservation - remove a species, who knows what ramifications you wind up with up and down the food chain... besides, it would detract from the whole, however horrid they are..."

"Yeah screw conservation nuke the bastards."
Bruce grunted.
"I can not see what use the world have of Avatar eaters."

He arched an eyebrow, "Sounds like a truly cushy place, that hotel... How expensive is 'shit expensive'?"

"It is about five drams of Tass per person per night, I do not have that kind of riches but like I said the owner's kid owe me a favor and have promised me a stay free of charge."

He grinned, "Quite, not helping. The one thing more embarrassing than being turned into a frog would be being convinced one was turned into a frog..."

"Indeed, let us try to avoid pissing of Serge's Mentor."
Bruce said and frowned.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He nodded, "I believe President Kennedy had a choice observation on that... as for poverty in the US, I find it interesting that this country is the only western country in which the political left is somewhere to the right-of-center compared to any other developed country... That's the sort of thing that will severely mess up governmental responsibility."

"Yeah well left or right I do not care about politics I just want to be able to not go hungry or cold and get help if I get sick or hurt."
Trina said and sigh.
"The American system is shit."

He smiled, "Well, I think I can help you a little there... I have a few books that teach the basics - it's not the same as learning by doing, but it's at least a solid theoretical foundation, both for hardware and software."

"Yeah sure thank you."
Trina said but they where still nervous and skeptical about what cost would be attached to gifts or help.

He nodded, "There're three teenagers here, descendants of wererats, they're pretty certain we're talking about vampires. Actually, I rather suspect one of them might be a Rebis on the verge of Awakening, so I should have someone more skilled than me swing by to see, too - but for now, I'm going to call for reinforcements, and see if our guests in the basement might be able to confirm my suspicion: that these vampires are acting without Princely authorization."

"A rebis? I could give Nico a call they would know though I am not sure I would want them down where while they still have open wounds on their back."
Bruce said and he looked concerned.
"But someone that might Awaken, we need to follow up on that we need more mages. If vampires are bothering these folks we need to help them, yeah if you call the Chantry then and see what you can find out."

As he fished out his phone and found Morgans' number, he added, "Oh, and there was something I wanted to ask of you... Do you think you could construct a comfortable folding chair to support Nicole's impressive physique? With armrests and a cupholder, preferably, though those could well be fabric rather than reinforced metal."

"Sure I can make one with steel rods and reinforced hinges, saw a design in one of my books, give me a few days and I will have it done."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Not a problem."

He nodded, "A camera should be good - that ought to make it easier to react quickly when he wakes up naturally, too."

"Yeah and it would make it harder to just disrepair him if some of those we love very much decide he is a threat to them."
Cita said and nodded.

He frowned, "You would know far more about that than I would - I will take your word for it."

"Remember the Avatar create the mindscape seen in a Seeking."
Cita explained.
"But I will see what I can do."

He frowned, "The Mercere may be the House possessed of the strongest individuals of the whole Order of Hermes... It's a pity they don't get credit for that."

"Agreed they are strong, and fill and important role they should get more credit, they really should."

(OOC: I hope you get well soon Warp being sick really sucks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:13 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

A small chuckle to this, then an uncomfortable silence for a moment. 'Erm... would appreciate it if you didn't... say anything about what you know about me, yeah?' tone making it clear the large woman knew the trio had no reason to agree to her request.

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Heads I win, tails you lose.' Nicole replied, giving a annoyed snort. 'Fuck the morals... does it make any money?'

[Yeah, we can do a 'Nicole scouts the area looking for what needs to be moved/place for sharpshooters etc' cutscene, then we can merge the forked scene back into the Colin/Bruce scene].

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Yeah... but this world is real. Think...' Nicole's enthusiasm showing in body and tone '-there I am, on a trail bike, redlining through a 'burb or old industrial area. Knowing I've put my body and perhaps even life on the line... have I got the skills not to screw up and crash? Did I maintain the bike good enough? Will fate decide to change the game by throwing in a couple of cop cars? It's all unknown, all real, with serious stakes. And that buzz... it's almost as good as a hunk who really knows what to do...' drifting off and blushing a little.

Serge's Post:

'Why do you say that like you're not a person and not in the world?'

Serge's Post:

'It all depends... do you like risk? Even get off a little on it?' Nicole replied thoughtfully. 'Skating is like that; knowing that on your feet are blades which could slice fingers off, that it's possible to hit 30 and it's down to your skill alone to avoid stacking or crashing?'

Serge's Post:

'Ha. They like restaurants 'cos it seriously takes guts to shoot it up with loads of witnesses and everybody eats.' she answered, in between a couple of large mouthfuls. 'And doing an indie generic "diner" means they don't have to pay royalties for a chain place most folk do eat at.'

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'So... they scout you out even before they know you're Awakened?' clearly puzzled.

[I think you're describing the symptom of what I described earlier; in the 'classic' format they'd need to cover all those topics at once for both PC's may end up separating/unable to chat for the next 1-3 threads. But this format is different, and we need to get it into our subconscious that you're not going to spring an attack etc on us which means we don't need to 'questiondump'.]

[Sent PM, Great One]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:35 pm

[Junkyard]

A small chuckle to this, then an uncomfortable silence for a moment. 'Erm... would appreciate it if you didn't... say anything about what you know about me, yeah?' tone making it clear the large woman knew the trio had no reason to agree to her request.

The three teenagers looked at one for a moment then Trina nodded.
"There are no reason for us to tell anyone about you, we can not promise to protect the secret with our lives, shit happens but we will try to keep it to ourselves okey?"
They said a bit hesitantly.

'Heads I win, tails you lose.' Nicole replied, giving a annoyed snort. 'Fuck the morals... does it make any money?'

"Yeah that is pretty much how it is."
The kid with the eye problem said and sigh.
"And the poor gets fucked either way.

Looking around you see that there is a open area tat both Bruce and you have used as a paring placed and that might be where the vampires will park, moving a few cars would make it more easy that would be their spot to put their cars, there where allot of mountains of metal scrap so there where plenty of places to hide for an ambush or hide sharpshooters in the area.

(OOC: Yeah sorry I will get to it as soon as possible but as my hormone issue have been bothering me lately I have not had much more capacity then keeping the IC going.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:56 pm

Anja wrote:"If you are ok with an older model I have a old kindle I no longer use just laying around you can have that if you want Serge just to check it out, the newer ones are better but the older models still work well."
Bruce offered.

"But your already letting me borrow Metal Gear Solid. If I take any more from you I'll feel bad." Serge said with a grin. "But I'll certainly borrow it if you'll let me. Thanks a lot Bruce. I have wanted to use those for a while."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... but this world is real. Think...' Nicole's enthusiasm showing in body and tone '-there I am, on a trail bike, redlining through a 'burb or old industrial area. Knowing I've put my body and perhaps even life on the line... have I got the skills not to screw up and crash? Did I maintain the bike good enough? Will fate decide to change the game by throwing in a couple of cop cars? It's all unknown, all real, with serious stakes. And that buzz... it's almost as good as a hunk who really knows what to do...' drifting off and blushing a little.

"Still restrictive. You need work on those skills or that fearlessness in this world. Have the physical and mental capabilities of learning them in the first place. And what makes this world more real than the ones in my dreams? The fact that you and so many other people say it is and that's all." Serge said rather pointedly.

"Imagine this. A young boy, wracked with disease from birth and told he wouldn't live past the age of 6..and that's if he's lucky. His body is too weak to experience any of the things your blessed with, going to school, playing sports, at least in this world. But when he sleeps and he dreams, nothing holds him back anymore. He doesn't have to suffer from his Earth-bound restrictions. He can be a whole other person, fighting monsters and seducing maidens with a body fit for a gymnast if he so desired. Being a spy or a pirate or a racer or a teacher. Anything he desires..." Serge said with a spark in his eyes as if he had strong feelings for what he spoke about.

"When he plays his online games he can talk and interact with others just like any other boy. He can go to the store, hang out with friends, test his skills, and fight dragons and experience the high-stakes buzz just like you. And that's because those worlds feels real to him. It is real to him."

Nicole wrote:'Why do you say that like you're not a person and not in the world?'

"Weeellll." Serge said obviously stretching out the word to buy himself some time. "I haven't exactly spent much time in this world. For all I've done for it and know about it, I might not have been a part of this world for the longest time."

Nicole wrote:'It all depends... do you like risk? Even get off a little on it?' Nicole replied thoughtfully. 'Skating is like that; knowing that on your feet are blades which could slice fingers off, that it's possible to hit 30 and it's down to your skill alone to avoid stacking or crashing?'

"I'll take the risk just to learn how to move with blades on my feet. How metal is that! Like that freaky blade feet girl from Kingsmen!" Serge said excitedly. "I could probably learn how to do it. It shouldn't take me too long to learn. How hard can it be?"

Nicole wrote:'Ha. They like restaurants 'cos it seriously takes guts to shoot it up with loads of witnesses and everybody eats.' she answered, in between a couple of large mouthfuls. 'And doing an indie generic "diner" means they don't have to pay royalties for a chain place most folk do eat at.'

"Unless it's a popular big budget hollywood movie. Than those chain restaurants would kill each other to have their place and product show up in the movie, along with every other product out there. A lot of people evidently own iphones in movies." Serge said taking a few more bites of his fishcakes.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah i would tend to agree, and yes it is sad the man passed on but I am glad he did not get to the end stages of his disease before he passed, that must be a nightmare, to become less and less you, to die while you are still alive."
The Orphan said and frowned.
"I guess we will have to do with the books we have of the series."
Colin nodded, "The... fading state that comes with Altzheimers is a nasty one. There are few things that have become known in the twentieth century that are quite as horrifying..."

Jeremy wrote:"More than just portability. Accessibility as well. Never needed to go outside to the library when I could just borrow the ebooks on my phone right from the comfort of my own home." Serge said with a smile. "But I won't deny that feeling the paper has it's appeal."
Anja wrote:"I agree I like to smell and touch books but some books are not published in physical book format so if you want to read them you have to use an e reader."
Bruce commented.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I am not saying I dislike reading on a screen, as such - I've read a fair number of stories on my computer, as well; there's a great number of budding writers online, and I do try to encourage those I think are off to a good start, when I come across them. But if given the choice between print and electronic versions of the same book, I will pick the printed version any day."

Jeremy wrote:"I read when I get the urge too. Used to read a lot more when I was in school." Serge replied. "Nowadays I mostly watch tv shows on my laptop but I still enjoy reading from time to time."
Anja wrote:The large Orphan nodded at that.
"Well reading is a nice hobby, TV shows can be fun as well though."
He smiled wryly, "Well, the narrative structures of a TV show is often very different from that of a novel - depending on whether the TV show bothers much with continuity and an ongoing plot, or if it is merely the problem-of-the-week that must be solved with the consequences never addressed again. Or, of course, if it's a soap opera with unending drama and no particular discernible plot. But of course, some days, you want a wholesome dinner with all the trimmings, and other days you just want a Big Mac."

Anja wrote:"That might give us ammunition to counter Miss Rozzo's arguments."
The large man said and nodded.
He nodded, "Hum, do you know about Nico's stance and vaccination status?"

Anja wrote:Bruce nodded at that.
"Indeed you woul be better able than most to say during a debate that vaccines o not harm a mage's magickal abilities."
He smiled wryly, "Indeed. 'Why, Honoured Council, I've been vaccinated, attempted Gilguled, dosed myself with the bloody Serum, hopped into a Caul and tore it down from the inside before it could invert my Avatar - I can assure you that one of those was nowhere near my Avatar or magical abilities at any time' might come off as a bit jaded, though..."

Anja wrote:"Yes well I doubt I will make a habit out of showing Primium up my ass even if it mght give a certain flair in escaping confinement by the Technocracy."
The Orphan said and grinned.
He nodded, "There's always the option of taping it to your skin, behind your, hm, scrotum. It is exceedingly rare to have so thorough an examination performed without very good cause for suspicion - like if something showed up on a scan."

Anja wrote:"Yeah the way I understand it they live far up into the mountains, they can talk and have human intelligence so holding them against their will is not good."
Bruce said.
"I don't know I only saw a few as I walked from the Umbral port to the Sons of Ether clinic and as I had a Paradox flaw that...ehm never mind that, I was more concerne with getting where I where going to have it dealt with to say it like that, but they looked really neat, large and blue."
He grinned, "Blue, are they? Oh, Anna's going to love that."

Anja wrote:"Yeah screw conservation nuke the bastards."
Bruce grunted.
He frowned, "I suppose it would be... a cleaner method than six Masters of Spirit, but yes, I do agree the world would probably be a slightly better place if those beasts simply did not exist anymore..."

Anja wrote:"It is about five drams of Tass per person per night, I do not have that kind of riches but like I said the owner's kid owe me a favor and have promised me a stay free of charge."
He whistled softly, "Damn, that is a place for the filthy rich..."

Jeremy wrote:"I hope I'll never need to use that advice. But I'll definitely keep it in mind just in case." Serge said with a nod.
He grimaced, "I think that goes for the lot of us."

Anja wrote:"Indeed, let us try to avoid pissing of Serge's Mentor."
Bruce said and frowned.
He grinned, "I think that rather goes for anyone's Mentor, not just Serge's."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Yeah well left or right I do not care about politics I just want to be able to not go hungry or cold and get help if I get sick or hurt."
Trina said and sigh.
"The American system is shit."
Nicole wrote:'Heads I win, tails you lose.' Nicole replied, giving a annoyed snort. 'Fuck the morals... does it make any money?'
Anja wrote:"Yeah that is pretty much how it is."
The kid with the eye problem said and sigh.
"And the poor gets fucked either way.
He nodded, "Well, the more right-leaning parties today do tend to frown upon any social programs that favour those who do not have the means to support themselves - the 'I've got mine, so fuck you' mentality is quite a disgusting political principle..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure thank you."
Trina said but they where still nervous and skeptical about what cost would be attached to gifts or help.
He grinned, "Just try to return them in the same condition after you're done, alright?"

Anja wrote:"A rebis? I could give Nico a call they would know though I am not sure I would want them down where while they still have open wounds on their back."
Bruce said and he looked concerned.
"But someone that might Awaken, we need to follow up on that we need more mages. If vampires are bothering these folks we need to help them, yeah if you call the Chantry then and see what you can find out."
He nodded, "No, you wouldn't want to bring Nico down here... I think it would be better to bring someone more senior, who can assess magical talent first. A gentle introduction, one step at a time."

Anja wrote:"Sure I can make one with steel rods and reinforced hinges, saw a design in one of my books, give me a few days and I will have it done."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Not a problem."
He grinned, "She had a few choice speculations about my suggesting a camping chair the other day - I rather feel I can't back down as though it were an attempted prank, you know?"
He called Morgan and waited for an answer, "Ah, Sir? It's Wainwright... I'd like to invite you to a duck hunt. Nocturnal sangrophagous ducks that don't seem to care about secrecy. I'd like to ask our basement guests a few questions about that, too - if this is an undead turf war brewing, we will want to know. Also, I may have found an Awakening youngster, or possibly one freshly Awakened. I am not entirely certain, and I would like someone more experienced to have a look at them."

Anja wrote:"Yeah and it would make it harder to just disrepair him if some of those we love very much decide he is a threat to them."
Cita said and nodded.
He nodded, "Very true."

Anja wrote:"Remember the Avatar create the mindscape seen in a Seeking."
Cita explained.
"But I will see what I can do."
He nodded, "True enough. No need to poke the bear if it can be avoided."

Anja wrote:"Agreed they are strong, and fill and important role they should get more credit, they really should."
He smiled thinly to Adley, "I'm sorry to say it, Amicus, but I'm afraid your House is only the second bravest, as such... but the competition is fierce."

((OOC: So, I went to the doctor today. Turns out I don't have a cold. I have pneumonia. Again. (Seven years since last time.) Whoop de doo. On the bright side, I got prescription cough syrup with a red warning triangle. Cough syrup with a morphine compound, wheeeeeee! Razz And yes, I got antibiotics, too.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:53 pm

He nodded, "Well, the more right-leaning parties today do tend to frown upon any social programs that favour those who do not have the means to support themselves - the 'I've got mine, so fuck you' mentality is quite a disgusting political principle..."

"Yeah it is, I mean we did not ask to end up here we where just unlucky."
Trina said an the other teenagers nodded.

He grinned, "Just try to return them in the same condition after you're done, alright?"

"Yeah I will be careful with your books man, I will take good care of them."
Trina promised and a loan seamed to calm them down a little, perhaps you would not demand anything in return for that.

He nodded, "No, you wouldn't want to bring Nico down here... I think it would be better to bring someone more senior, who can assess magical talent first. A gentle introduction, one step at a time."

"Yeah that is probably a good idea, who did you have in mind?"
Bruce agreed.
"And who is it that you think may be Awakened?"

He grinned, "She had a few choice speculations about my suggesting a camping chair the other day - I rather feel I can't back down as though it were an attempted prank, you know?"

"Very well, then Miss Bouchard shall have her chair."
Bruce promised.

He called Morgan and waited for an answer, "Ah, Sir? It's Wainwright... I'd like to invite you to a duck hunt. Nocturnal sangrophagous ducks that don't seem to care about secrecy. I'd like to ask our basement guests a few questions about that, too - if this is an undead turf war brewing, we will want to know. Also, I may have found an Awakening youngster, or possibly one freshly Awakened. I am not entirely certain, and I would like someone more experienced to have a look at them."

"Hum...more trouble eh."
Jeffry said and he did not sound pleased.
"How much damage do these ducks do Mr Wainwright? If they are not to much of an issue I would rather leave them to their own rather than getting involved with their society, as for our guests well Mr Lenoe would be a good source of information about this topic, however since he will have to be re restrained after such a talk I will have to know it is necessary before agreeing to inflict more pain on him. Now this person you think may be Awakened, I could have a look at them if you have a place we could meet?"
The old Hermetic said.

He nodded, "Very true."

"Yes for we do not want the poor man in the claws of our enemies."
Cita commented.

He nodded, "True enough. No need to poke the bear if it can be avoided."

The spirit healer just nodded at that.

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"But your already letting me borrow Metal Gear Solid. If I take any more from you I'll feel bad." Serge said with a grin. "But I'll certainly borrow it if you'll let me. Thanks a lot Bruce. I have wanted to use those for a while."

"Well the games you get to borrow they I want back but the old kindle I no longer use so you can have it, it is just laying around in a drawer collecting dust so if anyone want it and want to use it that works for me, I have a newer model that I use."
Bruce said and shrugged.

Colin nodded, "The... fading state that comes with Altzheimers is a nasty one. There are few things that have become known in the twentieth century that are quite as horrifying..."

"Yeah I mean if I had gotten such a disease and the healers could not fix it I would shoot myself before it got to far."
Bruce commented darkly and he shuddered.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, I am not saying I dislike reading on a screen, as such - I've read a fair number of stories on my computer, as well; there's a great number of budding writers online, and I do try to encourage those I think are off to a good start, when I come across them. But if given the choice between print and electronic versions of the same book, I will pick the printed version any day."

"Yeah I feel the same way reading electronic documents are fine and good and all that and if the text in question can only be found electronically then so be it, but I prefer to read a printed book over words on a screen."
Your Cabalmate said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "Well, the narrative structures of a TV show is often very different from that of a novel - depending on whether the TV show bothers much with continuity and an ongoing plot, or if it is merely the problem-of-the-week that must be solved with the consequences never addressed again. Or, of course, if it's a soap opera with unending drama and no particular discernible plot. But of course, some days, you want a wholesome dinner with all the trimmings, and other days you just want a Big Mac."

"I do prefer shows with a continuous story but in any regard sometimes just kicking back and be entertained by a few episodes after a long day's work is nice you know."
Bruce said with a grin.

"It have never really come up but as one of them served in a war as a technician I am pretty sure that part where vaccinated at least."
Bruce said.
"I can ask them."

He smiled wryly, "Indeed. 'Why, Honoured Council, I've been vaccinated, attempted Gilguled, dosed myself with the bloody Serum, hopped into a Caul and tore it down from the inside before it could invert my Avatar - I can assure you that one of those was nowhere near my Avatar or magical abilities at any time' might come off as a bit jaded, though..."

"Jaded perhaps but true non the less unfortunately."
Bruce said and frowned.
"We could always have someone hold a spell going while they are vaccinated to show it do not affect their abilities but Miss Rozzo might then claim it is only a issue over time."

He nodded, "There's always the option of taping it to your skin, behind your, hm, scrotum. It is exceedingly rare to have so thorough an examination performed without very good cause for suspicion - like if something showed up on a scan."

"Well now this conversation went weird places, but yes it is a possibility but not something I would like to walk around with in my daily life."
The other Orphan said wryly.

He grinned, "Blue, are they? Oh, Anna's going to love that."

"The ones I saw where light blue with white bellies."
Bruce commented.
"Anna likes blue dragons then?"

He frowned, "I suppose it would be... a cleaner method than six Masters of Spirit, but yes, I do agree the world would probably be a slightly better place if those beasts simply did not exist anymore..."

"I think I would prefer the Spirit Masters than to have y soul eaten by a pack of monsters and then shit out as Tass."
Bruce grumbled.
"I still say nuke the bastards."
At that he gave a coy look at Adley since Nukes where a nickname for House Flambeau.

He whistled softly, "Damn, that is a place for the filthy rich..."

"Indeed, I said it was shit expensive did I not."
Bruce said and shrugged.
"There are far cheaper places to stay on Horizon though. I rented a room at this little cottage inn for the night I was there."

He grinned, "I think that rather goes for anyone's Mentor, not just Serge's."

"Indeed we would not want to piss off anyone old enough to have an apprentice."
Bruce said.
"Other than you Colin."
He added with a grin.
"We can piss of you."

(OOC: Ouch that do not sound good, take care of yourself Warp an get well soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

'Prefer "I've got my AK, so fuck you", personally.' Nicole quipped, eyes narrowing.

Anja's Post:

'Simply asking you not to advertise it, yeah?' Nicole replied, knowing asking for a promise was asking too much, especially from folk who barely knew her from a random person.

Anja's Post:

Once looking over everything, Nicole went into the yard to find Bruce's workshop.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Firstly, object to being "blessed" going to school. Second, would be a bit worried about a small boy dreaming about seducing maidens.' Nicole replied, ending with a little smirk, knowing full well she was being picky with the little details.

'Why are you talking like I'm saying "it's one or the other", 'cos I ain't. Not immune to daydreams, TV or games or nothing. But unless I'm utterly nuts, I know deep down that ain't real. Dream of a cute guy ain't like having one actually in your bed. Watching a cookery show ain't like having that dish in your lap to eat. Talking with friends online while gaming ain't like chatting to 'em in the flesh while you're doing something interesting in the world.'

'Those things don't really effect everything else. Dream vanishes, cookery show is turned off, online game ends. Then what - back into the world, full of physical stuff. You can't live fully in those places any more you could survive on pictures of food or drinking imaginary water.'

Serge's Post:

'Okay, unless you're a robot, week-old clone or from an alternative world, you've been in this world for several years.  Oh, or in a coma. Simply you've been in a little bit of it.' a short silence as she demolished another bit of her plate, then continued.

'Look... I ain't gonna judge on what you've done or been before all this. Not even gonna ask. Can't judge... know I'm what fuckers in books call "a character" and "with an interesting past", the sort which is used as a ass-pull story by some hack writer when the series had jumped the shark and they're running out of ideas.' ending with a smirk. 'But let me put it this way; your imagination will be improved if you add real life experiences to your material, right?'

Serge's Post:

'Was thinking more Ichi the Killer, me.' Nicole replied thoughtfully. 'Hmm... now that's an idea... pair of boots with a set of blades at the bottom...' a moment of this, then remembered Serge's question.

Skating? Learning all depends on experience. How good is your balance? You ever do rollerblading?'

Serge's Post:

'Not if the plotline requires our glorious hero to get the squits from bad food, therefore being in the bathroom when the bomb which was meant to kill 'em explodes.'

[No hurry, Great One. Simply giving the as-agreed 'FYI' message.]

[Warp: Ooh, nasty! Take it easy.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:45 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Well the games you get to borrow they I want back but the old kindle I no longer use so you can have it, it is just laying around in a drawer collecting dust so if anyone want it and want to use it that works for me, I have a newer model that I use."
Bruce said and shrugged.

"Thanks! That could actually be really useful. I've wondered if I could use stuff like that with my magick." Serge said with a thoughtful glance at his phone as if wondering if he could use it as well.

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "Oh, I am not saying I dislike reading on a screen, as such - I've read a fair number of stories on my computer, as well; there's a great number of budding writers online, and I do try to encourage those I think are off to a good start, when I come across them. But if given the choice between print and electronic versions of the same book, I will pick the printed version any day."
Anja wrote:"Yeah I feel the same way reading electronic documents are fine and good and all that and if the text in question can only be found electronically then so be it, but I prefer to read a printed book over words on a screen."

"Fair enough. I'm sure that opinion is shared by the majority of people as well." Serge said with a nod.

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Well, the narrative structures of a TV show is often very different from that of a novel - depending on whether the TV show bothers much with continuity and an ongoing plot, or if it is merely the problem-of-the-week that must be solved with the consequences never addressed again. Or, of course, if it's a soap opera with unending drama and no particular discernible plot. But of course, some days, you want a wholesome dinner with all the trimmings, and other days you just want a Big Mac."
Anja wrote:"I do prefer shows with a continuous story but in any regard sometimes just kicking back and be entertained by a few episodes after a long day's work is nice you know."
Bruce said with a grin.

"I could never choose between Episodic or Serial shows. They both hold a special place in my heart." Serge said, once again being indecisive and showing no preference for anything and liking everything equally.

"Most kids shows are Episodic cause they need to be sure the kids can jump in and watch at any time so I got introduced to that before I started watching continuous story arcs."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Firstly, object to being "blessed" going to school. Second, would be a bit worried about a small boy dreaming about seducing maidens.' Nicole replied, ending with a little smirk, knowing full well she was being picky with the little details.

"You got me there. Might've been talking too fast. Just sorta slipped out..." Serge said with a smile.

Nicole wrote:'Why are you talking like I'm saying "it's one or the other", 'cos I ain't. Not immune to daydreams, TV or games or nothing. But unless I'm utterly nuts, I know deep down that ain't real. Dream of a cute guy ain't like having one actually in your bed. Watching a cookery show ain't like having that dish in your lap to eat. Talking with friends online while gaming ain't like chatting to 'em in the flesh while you're doing something interesting in the world.'

'Those things don't really effect everything else. Dream vanishes, cookery show is turned off, online game ends. Then what - back into the world, full of physical stuff. You can't live fully in those places any more you could survive on pictures of food or drinking imaginary water.'

"You know your starting to sound a lot like my teacher. 'Serge get your head out of the clouds and stop daydreaming. You know that's not real. Why don't you come back and experience real life?'. " Serge said with a smile, having a feeling that Nicole wouldn't like that. "But yeah I'm smart enough to know my situation is perhaps a bit unique from everyone else's. For you the dream may vanish and the shows and games stop...but for me they last forever. I see them constantly whether I'm awake or asleep. The things in my dreams affect me because I believe their real." the ecstatic said with a faraway look in his eyes.

Serge stayed silent for a second before smiling and saying, "Sorry, I talk too much. I know your not a fan of that mystical stuff so I won't get into that. Your still right though. I can't live in my dreams...yet."

Nicole wrote:'Okay, unless you're a robot, week-old clone or from an alternative world, you've been in this world for several years.  Oh, or in a coma. Simply you've been in a little bit of it.' a short silence as she demolished another bit of her plate, then continued.

'Look... I ain't gonna judge on what you've done or been before all this. Not even gonna ask. Can't judge... know I'm what fuckers in books call "a character" and "with an interesting past", the sort which is used as a ass-pull story by some hack writer when the series had jumped the shark and they're running out of ideas.' ending with a smirk. 'But let me put it this way; your imagination will be improved if you add real life experiences to your material, right?'

"Right....Truth is stranger than fiction and all that." Serge said with a nod letting Nicole continue with her advice.

Nicole wrote:'Was thinking more Ichi the Killer, me.' Nicole replied thoughtfully. 'Hmm... now that's an idea... pair of boots with a set of blades at the bottom...' a moment of this, then remembered Serge's question.

Skating? Learning all depends on experience. How good is your balance? You ever do rollerblading?'

"My balance is terrible and I've never been rollerblading in my life." Serge said with a smile, as if that was good thing. "But I think I could still do it. Also if you want blade shoes you could also embed them in the soles near your toes. So that your kicks become a lot more lethal."

Nicole wrote:'Not if the plotline requires our glorious hero to get the squits from bad food, therefore being in the bathroom when the bomb which was meant to kill 'em explodes.'

"Can't argue with that." Serge said with a shrug. "But if the heroes need to hack into a missile that's about to Hiroshima New York you can bet that their gonna do it on a Mac."

(OOC: Hope you get better soon Warp!)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer Fixes.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:56 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah I mean if I had gotten such a disease and the healers could not fix it I would shoot myself before it got to far."
Bruce commented darkly and he shuddered.
Colin nodded, "Quite understandable. Might resort to something a little more reliable than a bullet, myself, but yes."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I feel the same way reading electronic documents are fine and good and all that and if the text in question can only be found electronically then so be it, but I prefer to read a printed book over words on a screen."
Jeremy wrote:"Fair enough. I'm sure that opinion is shared by the majority of people as well." Serge said with a nod.
He smiled sadly, "Alas, I suspect that majority may well be shrinking... which is rather a shame, considering the consequences to public libraries."

Anja wrote:"I do prefer shows with a continuous story but in any regard sometimes just kicking back and be entertained by a few episodes after a long day's work is nice you know."
Bruce said with a grin.
Jeremy wrote:"I could never choose between Episodic or Serial shows. They both hold a special place in my heart." Serge said, once again being indecisive and showing no preference for anything and liking everything equally.

"Most kids shows are Episodic cause they need to be sure the kids can jump in and watch at any time so I got introduced to that before I started watching continuous story arcs."
He smiled wryly, "Most shows in general, I think, are episodic, regardless of target audience. Fairly few TV series have had story arcs going beyond two or three episodes at a time."

Anja wrote:"It have never really come up but as one of them served in a war as a technician I am pretty sure that part where vaccinated at least."
Bruce said.
"I can ask them."
He nodded, "Please do."

Anja wrote:"Jaded perhaps but true non the less unfortunately."
Bruce said and frowned.
"We could always have someone hold a spell going while they are vaccinated to show it do not affect their abilities but Miss Rozzo might then claim it is only a issue over time."
He shrugged, "It would be hard to counter Miss Rozzo's claim on the spot - and in any case, it would not be reasonable to assume a vaccine would have such impact so soon, either, excepting the sudden pain of getting stabbed in the arm."

Anja wrote:"The ones I saw where light blue with white bellies."
Bruce commented.
"Anna likes blue dragons then?"
He grinned, "Anna's Avatar is a blue dragon. A big, lazy one at that. Seeing the opportunity to ride a living flesh-and-blood blue dragon, I think, would make her decade."

Anja wrote:"I think I would prefer the Spirit Masters than to have y soul eaten by a pack of monsters and then shit out as Tass."
Bruce grumbled.
"I still say nuke the bastards."
At that he gave a coy look at Adley since Nukes where a nickname for House Flambeau.
He nodded, "I'm inclined to agree there... atomic weaponry notwithstanding."

Anja wrote:"Indeed, I said it was shit expensive did I not."
Bruce said and shrugged.
"There are far cheaper places to stay on Horizon though. I rented a room at this little cottage inn for the night I was there."
He frowned, "What other currencies could one rely on, past Tass? I'm guessing the US Dollar is not particularly highly valued..."

Anja wrote:"Indeed we would not want to piss off anyone old enough to have an apprentice."
Bruce said.
"Other than you Colin."
He added with a grin.
"We can piss of you."
He smiled darkly, "You can, certainly, but do you really think that would be wise, all things considered? I mean, if you want a pigeon to use your coffee for target practice every day for the next six months, I'm sure something could be arranged, but I'd generally recommend against it, all the same."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Yeah it is, I mean we did not ask to end up here we where just unlucky."
Trina said an the other teenagers nodded.
Nicole wrote:'Prefer "I've got my AK, so fuck you", personally.' Nicole quipped, eyes narrowing.
He nodded, "And they say an armed society is a polite society..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I will be careful with your books man, I will take good care of them."
Trina promised and a loan seamed to calm them down a little, perhaps you would not demand anything in return for that.
He nodded, "The books are not particularly valuable, mind, but useful, so even if something should happen to them, it won't be a great financial loss... but I'd still like them back intact."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that is probably a good idea, who did you have in mind?"
Bruce agreed.
"And who is it that you think may be Awakened?"
He shrugged, "Perhaps we could get Master Telar to visit, or someone else who looks... well, relatively unintimidating, and unlikely to want to trade for sexual favours. And the one I think might be Awakened is the androgynous kid of that little trio over there," he gestured in the general direction of where Nicole and the other kinfolk stood when he left them.

Anja wrote:"Hum...more trouble eh."
Jeffry said and he did not sound pleased.
"How much damage do these ducks do Mr Wainwright? If they are not to much of an issue I would rather leave them to their own rather than getting involved with their society, as for our guests well Mr Lenoe would be a good source of information about this topic, however since he will have to be re restrained after such a talk I will have to know it is necessary before agreeing to inflict more pain on him. Now this person you think may be Awakened, I could have a look at them if you have a place we could meet?"
The old Hermetic said.
He frowned, "Pretty substantial damage to the tune, it seems, of abductions, indiscrete eating, outright demanding rent in blood bags, and threatening anyone trying to leave or talk. As I understand it, the ducks running things do adhere to their own Law of Shade, which may mean that these ducks are... an invasive species. Consulting Mr. Lenoe might be possible without loosening and reapplying his restraints; telepathic communication can be achieved in spite of the... impairment. As for a place to meet, they're... a little distrusting, it seems being pressured to trade sexual favours for necessities is not an unfamiliar phenomenon to them, so I think the best would be to have someone less... masculine and imposing offer that examination. Perhaps Master Telar, or Madame Gottschalk? We're at the junkyard where Mr. King has set up his little forge; there are a few Sleepers here, but Miss Bouchard and a few of the residents are making preparations for getting everyone into an out-of-the-way sheltered location before the troubles begin."

((OOC: Thanks, guys, I could've been worse off. There's not much fever (non-zero, but not much), my lungs don't actually hurt (they did last time, seven years ago), and the doc was pretty quick on the uptake and got me the prescriptions and sick leave, so I'm good. And I got a second check-up on Friday. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:50 am

As the others discussed how to read books, Adley was quiet, a pensive or irritated look on his face that had nothing to do with the other magii. He was still trying to figure out how to 'read' the grimoire, which was supposed to be inside of him, and he was /supposed/ to be able to do it, and damned if it weren't making him feel like he was missing something quite basic.

"May I remind we need to be...cautious with them for the time being...we may not wish to drag them into more things at the moment..."

"Slightly."

He closed his eyes. "I don't think I needed to hear that."

"I hope I'll never need to use that advice. But I'll definitely keep it in mind just in case." Serge said with a nod.
"I will keep it in mind Adley, hopefully we will never have to deal with those critters again."
Bruce said and frowned.
The Orphan asked.
"Yeah screw conservation nuke the bastards."
Bruce grunted.

He squinted, trying to recall if he'd enchanted his club or not when he'd hit them. "They eat spiritual ephemera, I'd wager they are at least part ephemera themselves but aren't like spirits, they had a very physical form. More like a golem...as for why...I'd rather not discuss that right now. I do not agree they detract from the whole, they are an abomination."

"More than piss poor, and crap cheap."

He frowned, "What other currencies could one rely on, past Tass? I'm guessing the US Dollar is not particularly highly valued..."

"Favors. Be very careful of trading those..."

He nodded, "Tell you what, swing by my shop one day during work hours, and I'll summon him there."

"I haven't decided if it's a good idea or not, or just an idea. I have a lot of ideas, not all of them turn out to be good ones. But I will think about it."

"Remember the Avatar create the mindscape seen in a Seeking."
Cita explained.
"But I will see what I can do.

"I don't think going in his mind is a good idea either. Just let him...well, be and see what comes of it."

He smiled, "The book is in my apartment, of course, and you are welcome to come by any time to read."

"I'll be by later."

He pondered, "She is a little... differently-minded, but the puzzle pieces seem to fit together remarkably well once you have just the little scrap of information that is needed to work it out. Almost as though her insights are meant for only one or two persons at a time..."

"Quite possibly."

He grinned, "Not as glad as I was when I retrieved Egypt and her mother. Those spirits that were following us would have been... troublesome if they'd led the Fallen back to Morningstar with us."

"Indeed."

"I will see if it can be arranged and I will check in on the man now and again and advocate against waking him but that I am not sure if I can manage, a camera though should be easy enough."
Cita said and nodded.

"I don't think awakening him will be a good idea. For anyone."

He smiled thinly to Adley, "I'm sorry to say it, Amicus, but I'm afraid your House is only the second bravest, as such... but the competition is fierce."

He nodded. "Well, I have never had anything but respect for the Mercere."

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

So... they scout you out even before they know you're Awakened?' clearly puzzled.

"Not always, but sometimes they might take notice of exceptional people. Sometimes we're already awakened but not trained. It can be less ideal then learning it as a hedge magician and then if you are lucky enough your Gift awakens, but depending which House you find yourself in and what mentor you end up with, it can be quite satisfactory either way. Unless you are a Tytalus anyway," he said with a wry look. "Then it is more like magical bootcamp."

// sorry for the delay, my internet was not working last night and for some reason I've had some issues loading the full site on my computer. I think it's some DNS issue. @Warp, keep getting better.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:30 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He smiled sadly, "Alas, I suspect that majority may well be shrinking... which is rather a shame, considering the consequences to public libraries."

"I'm sorta a part of the problem. Prefer to do things on a computer than go outside and do them." Serge said with a nervous grin. "Sucks though. Libraries were always a fun place to go to. And getting their first library card is  a special moment in a child's life."

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Most shows in general, I think, are episodic, regardless of target audience. Fairly few TV series have had story arcs going beyond two or three episodes at a time."

"Really? I think more shows have over arching story arcs nowadays. With Netflix more people have control over what they watch, which episode to watch, and when they can watch it so serial shows have less risk to them. Since producer's don't have to worry about an audience watching them out of order." Serge said trying to think of any recent shows that were episodic.

Adley wrote:"More than piss poor, and crap cheap."

At this Serge burst out laughing, only barely managing to put his hand over his mouth to stifle the sound. He clearly didn't expect something like that out of the Flambeau.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next