Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 22 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:51 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin nodded, "Point - that would be a far easier way to do it, seeing as she's not safely guarded in a Chantry all the time..."

"I do believe she is a member of both the Verbena and Sons of Ether wings of Horizon Chantry but I would imagine she do not bring bodyguards when she go to her job. I am familiar with the lady one of my students takes his student to her, she is a skilled doctor I hear and quite plesant."
The Primus said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "Picture the River of Time during salmon season... Yes, I suppose it would be quite unpleasant."

"Well now that is quite a mental image you paint there young man."
George said sounding a bit amused.

[Colin's apartment]

He arched an eyebrow, "I suppose you'd have trouble with powered flight using such wings - though gliding would probably be quite possible. I wouldn't recommend starting with, hm, homegrown gear, though. Livening up gardens and parks, though, yes, I could see that."

"I know members of my Tradition who turn into birds or grow wings who can fly with them but it tend to take some time to get et dexterity of it down, that is the really obstacle really, that and Paradox on earth. Gliding though I am not sure that would need less practice."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.

He pondered, "I wonder if there's something available akin to a public gym, where people can safely practice magic of all sorts without having to worry about such?"

"There are several actually, the best one have both areas for teleporting, fireballs and anything within a reasonable level of destruction and pocket realms were one really can let loose. It is called Carrin's Arena, it is run by an old Flambeau, a friend of the Chief I believe."
George said.
"It can be quite a treat to visit."

He shrugged, "I'm sure Serge has heard far more... descriptive anecdotes from Balador already. Or will in the not-too-distant future."

The Primus just raised an eyebrow at you.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I was meaning to go see her about Anna anyway, so I think I could get a meeting without causing any obvious ripples to the timestream before the assassin strikes. Convincing her to accept a little extra protection, well... we'll see. Right now, I think making sure she survives might be a little more crucial than making sure we don't tip our hand in regards to knowing about the assassination..."

"You can always say that I have had a vision of er demise, that is not to far from the truth, I do have random visions at times, or that one of your spirit friends have had a vision she do not need to be told the whole story. You can even say that you wish to book appointments for her to help your student and have seen a future where your student are in worse health since Dr Mosley is not alive to treat her, telling her that should not disturb the timeline and it is the truth even if it is not all of the truth."
George suggested.

He frowned, glancing at Adley, "Well, then, that settles that... Using some for demonstration purposes aside, I was also thinking of bringing one good man's remains to Horizon to fulfill his last request there. He didn't specify a location, though, so Earthside is still an option... but he died bravely, like a son of the Order. Right, Adley?"

"I am afraid I can not help with getting the remains of this man to Horizon but Tass for demonstration purposes I can assist with. I have a few Drams of extremely Static Tass, taken of a mage who went Drone, what happens to a Mage who go Marauder in a Stasis Quiet, he became a problem and we had no choice but to...end things. I kept some of the Tass but it have been to Resonated to use safely, you may have the drams I have of it if you wish Mr Wainwright I am sure the original owner would have approved...when he was sane."
George said and there was a sadness in his eyes for a moment.

[Westchapel]

He slid the car into the vacant slot nearest to Ty's and stepped out, "Liam, good morning! I got your wife's letter; I'd like a word with her if she's in. But, I'm guessing you're here to meet me about the guest Miss Bouchard brought in, right?"

"Good day Colin."
Liam said politely.
"Yes Renee is in, she was reading for our daughter in our apartment last I saw her. I can send her a message and let her know you are here to see her."
The Hermetic said and he fished his phone out of his pocket.
"Yes I am here to show you the way to the cell we have prepared to the ehm...guest Miss Bouchard brought here."
He said then he sigh.
"Do you think you will be able to get anything out of this bastard Colin, I mean...he is hurting those with implants...if this attack had happened a little later, I mean Renee have an appointment in half a year on Horizon to get eye augmentations...it could be her getting sick...what are these bastards after?"
The Hermetic said angrily as he led you inside.
"What is happening just is not right!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 22 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:48 pm

[Colin's apartment]

Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Just be careful with where you teleport. You wouldn't want to have an old trespassing case mar the prospects of, say, an art gallery or clinic to your name, would you?"
Anja wrote:"Just make sure it is only us you teleport around like that since if you just appear behind someone there is always a chance they will jump and you know hit, hick or toss a fireball at what suddenly appeared."
The young Verbena said with a slight smile.
"But yes it would be fun to let loose a little."

"I can only really teleport to places that I can visualise. So I won't be trespassing anything anytime soon. Plus I'm sure that place is teeming with wards to stop stuff like that." Serge said with a smile. "Don't worry. I won't be ninja-porting behind anyone I don't know. Don't wanna be turned into a rat or something."

Colin wrote:He smiled, "Well, masterpiece might be a bit high an expectation for the first collaboration. All the same, I'm sure you could make something memorable... quite possibly even gain something of a following, like Vallejo, Royo or Frazetta."
Anja wrote:"Again you are most kind Colin, but I will be happy just having fun and making something good enough to hang on the wall."
Beatrice said with a slight smile.

"A following. Now that's something I wouldn't mind having." Serge said with a chuckle. "But yeah, this project will be a lot of fun. We're gonna have to figure out who's wall to hang it on though."

Colin wrote:He pondered, "I wonder if there's something available akin to a public gym, where people can safely practice magic of all sorts without having to worry about such?"
Anja wrote:"There are several actually, the best one have both areas for teleporting, fireballs and anything within a reasonable level of destruction and pocket realms were one really can let loose. It is called Carrin's Arena, it is run by an old Flambeau, a friend of the Chief I believe."
George said.

"Is it possible to practice mind magick at these gyms's?" Serge asked doubtfully.

[Westchapel]

Anja wrote:Traffic was fine so you got to Westchapel rather quickly, soon you saw the large, ugly old factory building before you. Ty's car where parked outside so he and Nicole must have already arrived and where inside. You saw Liam Rembrandt waiting outside, Renee's Hermetic husband, the man always looked like he had just woken up with scruffy hair and a bit of stubble on his cheek, he had probably been sent to greet you.

Serge from your old Chantry there where about 10 min to walk to the cafe where you where meeting your Mentor, right by the art store you used to use because it was so close by. You saw Liam standing outside on the parking lot checking his phone though he put that away and looked up when you and Colin came driving.

Serge nodded to Liam and looked up at his old chantry. He smiled as he remembered his old days at Westchapal alongside his mentor.

Sighing a little bit, Serge looked back at Colin and said, "I should probably head out. Have fun interrogating your perp."

If nothing else was asked of him he would then began to walk towards the cafe where he had plan to meet his mentor, drawing his surroundings along the way.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

'Well, hopefully he'll help us understand the whos and whys of all this shit.' Nicole muttered, following the directions while carrying the prisoner.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"I do believe she is a member of both the Verbena and Sons of Ether wings of Horizon Chantry but I would imagine she do not bring bodyguards when she go to her job. I am familiar with the lady one of my students takes his student to her, she is a skilled doctor I hear and quite plesant."
Colin nodded, "She's a dual member, yes. Something of an anomaly, I suppose, but a damn fine physician."

Anja wrote:"Well now that is quite a mental image you paint there young man."
George said sounding a bit amused.
He grinned, "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

[Colin's apartment]
Anja wrote:"I know members of my Tradition who turn into birds or grow wings who can fly with them but it tend to take some time to get et dexterity of it down, that is the really obstacle really, that and Paradox on earth. Gliding though I am not sure that would need less practice."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
He thought for a moment, "Less practice, perhaps not, but it does require less power and effort to glide than to fly. Mr. Ackerman might be able to explain better, though."

Anja wrote:The Primus just raised an eyebrow at you.
He gave George a sly wink.

Anja wrote:"You can always say that I have had a vision of er demise, that is not to far from the truth, I do have random visions at times, or that one of your spirit friends have had a vision she do not need to be told the whole story. You can even say that you wish to book appointments for her to help your student and have seen a future where your student are in worse health since Dr Mosley is not alive to treat her, telling her that should not disturb the timeline and it is the truth even if it is not all of the truth."
George suggested.
He nodded, "Considering the transcript, I think it's best to simply let her know that a spirit friend described how she suddenly disappeared from the future point where she came to help my daughter..."

Anja wrote:"I am afraid I can not help with getting the remains of this man to Horizon but Tass for demonstration purposes I can assist with. I have a few Drams of extremely Static Tass, taken of a mage who went Drone, what happens to a Mage who go Marauder in a Stasis Quiet, he became a problem and we had no choice but to...end things. I kept some of the Tass but it have been to Resonated to use safely, you may have the drams I have of it if you wish Mr Wainwright I am sure the original owner would have approved...when he was sane."
George said and there was a sadness in his eyes for a moment.
He nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose I'll have to find a suitable Earthside location, though a beautiful, slightly flashy spell will sting a little more here than on Horizon... Using your old friend's Tass to show off how it can be utilized safely, though, yes, I think he might very well have approved of that."

[Westchapel]
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded to Liam and looked up at his old chantry. He smiled as he remembered his old days at Westchapal alongside his mentor.

Sighing a little bit, Serge looked back at Colin and said, "I should probably head out. Have fun interrogating your perp."

He then began to walk towards the cafe where he had plan to meet his mentor, drawing his surroundings along the way.
He snorted softly, "Fun isn't the word I would have chosen... Enjoy lunch; say hello to Dr. Boudavich from me."

Anja wrote:"Good day Colin."
Liam said politely.
"Yes Renee is in, she was reading for our daughter in our apartment last I saw her. I can send her a message and let her know you are here to see her."
The Hermetic said and he fished his phone out of his pocket.
"Yes I am here to show you the way to the cell we have prepared to the ehm...guest Miss Bouchard brought here."
He said then he sigh.
"Do you think you will be able to get anything out of this bastard Colin, I mean...he is hurting those with implants...if this attack had happened a little later, I mean Renee have an appointment in half a year on Horizon to get eye augmentations...it could be her getting sick...what are these bastards after?"
The Hermetic said angrily as he led you inside.
"What is happening just is not right!"
He nodded, "No rush - I'll swing by after the interrogation; it's just to get the contact information regarding a converter unit for the Chief's shuttle. As for the captive... I hope I can convince him to talk before someone of a more torturous inclination has to be called in. I don't know what they're ultimately after, but I have my suspicions about his affiliation, and they've been targeting people on all sides - us, Union, Sleepers... it's possible they're simply trying to lead people away from trusting cybernetics, from pacemakers to prostheses..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:19 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin nodded, "She's a dual member, yes. Something of an anomaly, I suppose, but a damn fine physician."

"There are not many who are a member of two Traditions no."
George said.
"And my apprentice said she was very skilled, and compassionate with a nervous child my grand apprentice do not much like tight spaces you see."

He grinned, "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

The old magus continued to chuckle at that.

[Colin's apartment]

He thought for a moment, "Less practice, perhaps not, but it does require less power and effort to glide than to fly. Mr. Ackerman might be able to explain better, though."

"Hum...I might have to have a talk with him then."
Beatrice said and nodded.
"Power is not the biggest problem though if one first go to the trouble of making wings. Muscle tone can be adjusted as well."

He nodded, "Considering the transcript, I think it's best to simply let her know that a spirit friend described how she suddenly disappeared from the future point where she came to help my daughter..."

"Yes that should be quite a agreeable Mr Wainwright."
The old Guernicus magus agreed.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose I'll have to find a suitable Earthside location, though a beautiful, slightly flashy spell will sting a little more here than on Horizon... Using your old friend's Tass to show off how it can be utilized safely, though, yes, I think he might very well have approved of that."

"Paradox is the burden we sometime have to bear young man just be careful."
George said then he gave a sad nod.
"Yes I do think he would approve. I will bring the Tass along in a safe container when I come over for dinner."
The ancient magus promised.

"I can only really teleport to places that I can visualise. So I won't be trespassing anything anytime soon. Plus I'm sure that place is teeming with wards to stop stuff like that." Serge said with a smile. "Don't worry. I won't be ninja-porting behind anyone I don't know. Don't wanna be turned into a rat or something."

"No being turned into a rat would not be good."

"A following. Now that's something I wouldn't mind having." Serge said with a chuckle. "But yeah, this project will be a lot of fun. We're gonna have to figure out who's wall to hang it on though."

"Indeed so though once it is painted if we both want it, unless we want to give it to someone as a gift I a sure we can ask Master Haagen to make a copy of it for us."
The young Verbena said and smiled.
"We just need to decide on what to paint."

"Is it possible to practice mind magick at these gyms's?" Serge asked doubtfully.

"Yes but everyone you plan on affecting the mind of will first need to consent young man."
George said.

[Westchapel]

He nodded, "No rush - I'll swing by after the interrogation; it's just to get the contact information regarding a converter unit for the Chief's shuttle.

"Sure just swing by when you are done. Isabel will be glad to see you Renee tell me you have a way with kids."
Liam said and he smiled when he talked about his young daughter.

As for the captive... I hope I can convince him to talk before someone of a more torturous inclination has to be called in. I don't know what they're ultimately after, but I have my suspicions about his affiliation, and they've been targeting people on all sides - us, Union, Sleepers... it's possible they're simply trying to lead people away from trusting cybernetics, from pacemakers to prostheses..."

"Torture seldom work as intended and it leave a bitter taste in my mouth, it makes me feel like we are lowering ourselves to their level you know."
The Hermetic said then he nodded as he showed the way to the basement.
"Yeah it might be that, but even sleeper technology though? Have they been targeting people with peacemakers and such? Why I mean how do that benefit anyone?"
The Hermetic said sounding confused.

Serge nodded to Liam and looked up at his old chantry. He smiled as he remembered his old days at Westchapal alongside his mentor.

"How are you doing Serge are the folks at Steelhaven treating you right?"
Liam asked you wen you got out of the car.

'Well, hopefully he'll help us understand the whos and whys of all this shit.' Nicole muttered, following the directions while carrying the prisoner.

"Yeah for to me this all seam crazy"
The Verbena said as she helped you carry the Creep down to a confusing basement fo of hallways, she stopped before open door and Ryel opened it, inside was a small cell, it was bare other than a bed and a chair with straps which stood in the center of the room.
"Let us get him comfortable."
The witch said with a grin as she indicated the chair with a nod of her head.

[Cafe]

If nothing else was asked of him he would then began to walk towards the cafe where he had plan to meet his mentor, drawing his surroundings along the way.

Liam waved to you as you left.
"Take care Serge."
He said.

You got to The Wayside Cafe a small place mostly catering to workers at the nearby factories. Your Mentor took you here many times to get you more used to being out in public buying you treats as you drew. There where tables along the windows and walls and a counter at the end of the room, the walls where a light blue and the floor where white, everything where pretty worn though. Your Mentor was not here yet but there was a little time until you where supposed to meet her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

[Colin's apartment]

Anja wrote:"Indeed so though once it is painted if we both want it, unless we want to give it to someone as a gift I a sure we can ask Master Haagen to make a copy of it for us."

"We can hang it in the common room. A joint effort between two mages should be enjoyed by everyone in the chantry." Serge suggested.

Anja wrote:"Yes but everyone you plan on affecting the mind of will first need to consent young man."
George said.

"That's fair. Good enough for me." Serge said with a smile.

[Westchapel]

Anja wrote:"How are you doing Serge are the folks at Steelhaven treating you right?"
Liam asked you wen you got out of the car.

"It's pretty good. Everyone's really nice. Wish Ange was there though." Serge said with a smile. "How about you? How are things going here?"

Colin wrote:He snorted softly, "Fun isn't the word I would have chosen... Enjoy lunch; say hello to Dr. Boudavich from me."

"I will." Serge said with a grin.

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:Liam waved to you as you left.
"Take care Serge."
He said.

"You too Liam." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:
You got to The Wayside Cafe a small place mostly catering to workers at the nearby factories. Your Mentor took you here many times to get you more used to being out in public buying you treats as you drew. There where tables along the windows and walls and a counter at the end of the room, the walls where a light blue and the floor where white, everything where pretty worn though. Your Mentor was not here yet but there was a little time until you where supposed to meet her.

Serge smiled as he entered the cafe, a torrent of memories rushing to him as he recalled all the pleasant moments he had had here. He had been extremely nervous when he had first arrived in Boston. A new place, a new life, different from all that he had known before. The trips to the cafe helped ease those first few nervous months he had had.

He took a seat at a nearby table and watched the factory workers and other customers eat and talk and go about there lives. He began drawing the scene around him, drawing the tables and the people who were sitting at them. The food they were eating. The expressions on their faces as they talked about their day.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:46 pm

[Colin's apartment]

"Technically speaking I could grow myself a set of wings, but if I did I would have no idea of what to do with them to actually fly, also I do fear Master Telar would scold me if I stretched my abilities at the moment and it would not be comfortable, but I might go around like and idiot growing little plants."

"I don't want to ruin your fun, but since your resonance is bound to be more easily...noticeable than others, just let's be careful."

He pondered, "I wonder if there's something available akin to a public gym, where people can safely practice magic of all sorts without having to worry about such?"

"There are probably arenas and such, after all there are tournaments and duels."

"There are several actually, the best one have both areas for teleporting, fireballs and anything within a reasonable level of destruction and pocket realms were one really can let loose. It is called Carrin's Arena, it is run by an old Flambeau, a friend of the Chief I believe."
George said.

"Which brings up the fact we're going to need funds, still." He frowned.

"Hum...saying that we have head of a threat against her might be enough."
The Primus said and frowned.
He nodded thoughtfully, "I was meaning to go see her about Anna anyway, so I think I could get a meeting without causing any obvious ripples to the timestream before the assassin strikes. Convincing her to accept a little extra protection, well... we'll see. Right now, I think making sure she survives might be a little more crucial than making sure we don't tip our hand in regards to knowing about the assassination..."
"You can always say that I have had a vision of er demise, that is not to far from the truth, I do have random visions at times, or that one of your spirit friends have had a vision she do not need to be told the whole story. You can even say that you wish to book appointments for her to help your student and have seen a future where your student are in worse health since Dr Mosley is not alive to treat her, telling her that should not disturb the timeline and it is the truth even if it is not all of the truth."
George suggested.

"Maybe, but I feel we should try to do so sooner than later, much sooner. Especially if we think an incarnate being might do the deed. The issue is that we need to send it in a way that will be secure, and we have yet to figure out how the network became compromised." He frowned. "Plus, we already know there is an assassin up there, which is why I caution about tipping our hand. That they'd find a way around it."

"Likely the one you have been casting magick most with and the one who's Resonance is most like your own so I would assume you would have most Resonance from the Chief in your personal Resonance."
George said and nodded.
"It would be my guess at least."

"So...unless I've been casting with someone longer than I've been mentored, which is not that common amongst certain Traditions, the mentor's imprint would be rather long-lasting if subtle. As was mentioned by our new friend."

He frowned, glancing at Adley, "Well, then, that settles that... Using some for demonstration purposes aside, I was also thinking of bringing one good man's remains to Horizon to fulfill his last request there. He didn't specify a location, though, so Earthside is still an option... but he died bravely, like a son of the Order. Right, Adley?"

"His request was that it be used in a magick working, amicus. I do not think it has to be on Horizon."

"Yeah... seam to remember exactly that you know, nagging on a kind man who loved his work to stop and have a meal." Beatrice said and smiled and gave you another hug. "Perhaps Claire was worried about her brother as well and he drove her just a bit nuts at times."

He laughed. "Maybe! He loved her very much, so much I can't really help but feel like you are my sister even now."

[Airport Parking Lot]

There where pepole going to and from the airport constantly, men, women and children, some stressing and hurrying and others having more time to look around. There where nothing suspicious. Here and there you saw spirits, most of them where little poofs of air, they where spirits of the sir whirled up by the airplanes, there where a stress eater walking around though, it looked like a man in a working suit, constantly checking his watch and with a stack of papes he kept loosing under the other, now and again he would touch the more stressed folks going to and from te airport and they would calm down, the spirit eating their stress.

He raised an eyebrow at the strange being that seemed to be eating emotions. He'd never seen that before, though it didn't seem to be  harming anyone, at least for now. Then he realised that his spirit sight was still on and he hadn't ended the spell. So far he hadn't drawn too much attention so he just kept a bit of an eye open without outright staring.

After a while Helena wrote you back.
"We have collected our belongings brother, where should we meet you?"

'At the arrival pickup for your terminal,' he replied.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 pm

[Colin's apartment]

"We can hang it in the common room. A joint effort between two mages should be enjoyed by everyone in the chantry." Serge suggested.

"We can ask if we can hang it in the common room at least."

"That's fair. Good enough for me." Serge said with a smile.

George nodded at that.

"I don't want to ruin your fun, but since your resonance is bound to be more easily...noticeable than others, just let's be careful."

"I will be careful."
Beatrice promised. Then she looked at Serge and winked.
"That is the thing with older brothers, they have your back but they also tend to be spoilsports."
She said with a little gripe.

"There are probably arenas and such, after all there are tournaments and duels."

"There are dueling arenas and Certamen Circles after all such things are the favored sport on Horizon."
George said and nodded.

"Which brings up the fact we're going to need funds, still." He frowned.

"Well there is a limit to what the Chantry can cover, at least a place to stay is not a problem, I hear Jeffry have plans to host you all at his house on Horizon the one he inherited after his mother. We have scraped together funds for food and a small allowance while you are there but anything else you need to cover yourself."

"Maybe, but I feel we should try to do so sooner than later, much sooner. Especially if we think an incarnate being might do the deed. The issue is that we need to send it in a way that will be secure, and we have yet to figure out how the network became compromised." He frowned. "Plus, we already know there is an assassin up there, which is why I caution about tipping our hand. That they'd find a way around it."

"Well we could just seek the good doctor out, and be we I mean you since your group is going to Horizon tomorrow Sodalis."
George said.
"There is no need to send a message if we can just talk with the woman ourselves."

"So...unless I've been casting with someone longer than I've been mentored, which is not that common amongst certain Traditions, the mentor's imprint would be rather long-lasting if subtle. As was mentioned by our new friend."

"Yes that would be so, the Mentor's imprint are likely to be the most distinct one in addition to the mage's own Resonance."
George said.
"Why where you asking Sodalis?"

He laughed. "Maybe! He loved her very much, so much I can't really help but feel like you are my sister even now."

"Perhaps that is why I...fell in love with you Adley...that I remember loving you as a brother."
Beatrice said softly, then she looked up at you.
"Well then let us be brother an sister in this life as well Adley even if we are born to different parents, our souls remember so let us be siblings."
She said.
"And I will worry about you and make sure you eat in this life as well."

[Westchapel]

"It's pretty good. Everyone's really nice. Wish Ange was there though." Serge said with a smile. "How about you? How are things going here?"

"I a glad to hear it Serge, and you know your Mentor is lke 20 minutes away from where you live now."
Liam said and smiled.
"It have been good, other than us loosing several members during the Nephandi trouble."
He said sadly.
"Things are coming around though and you know Renee will have the baby soon so that is good, it will be busy though, oh and Isabel is going to start her studies soon, she have gotten an Mentor now."

"You too Liam." Serge said with a smile.

"Don't be a stranger!"
Liam said and waved as you left.

[Cafe]

He took a seat at a nearby table and watched the factory workers and other customers eat and talk and go about there lives. He began drawing the scene around him, drawing the tables and the people who were sitting at them. The food they were eating. The expressions on their faces as they talked about their day.

One of the waitresses came over to you after a while, a older black woman with allot of gray curly hair pinned up in a bun, she where wearing a pink skirt and white blouse and the name tag said Theresa.
"What can I get you kid...hey are not you the kid that used to come in with that doctor a while ago?"
She asked in a friendly tone of voice.
"What are you drawing there? Can I see?"

[Airport Parking Lot]

He raised an eyebrow at the strange being that seemed to be eating emotions. He'd never seen that before, though it didn't seem to be harming anyone, at least for now. Then he realised that his spirit sight was still on and he hadn't ended the spell. So far he hadn't drawn too much attention so he just kept a bit of an eye open without outright staring.

The spirits kept doing their things aroun the parking lot, non of them where hostile though or paying much attention to you though some of the air elemental swirled in your direction and and again and did extra swirls when they noticed someone looking at them. The stress spirit just kept at it never seaming to notice you to much.

At the arrival pickup for your terminal,' he replied.

You got a message back.
"We are heading there now so I will meet you there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:38 pm

[Colin's apartment]

"Well there is a limit to what the Chantry can cover, at least a place to stay is not a problem, I hear Jeffry have plans to host you all at his house on Horizon the one he inherited after his mother. We have scraped together funds for food and a small allowance while you are there but anything else you need to cover yourself."

"I should hit the bank then before it closes. Bruce tried to explain the exchange rate for things and it hurt my head, but regardless it's looking like a ramen-lunch type of trip."

"Well we could just seek the good doctor out, and be we I mean you since your group is going to Horizon tomorrow Sodalis."
George said.
"There is no need to send a message if we can just talk with the woman ourselves."

"I'm just worried that's not soon enough, I suppose."

"Yes that would be so, the Mentor's imprint are likely to be the most distinct one in addition to the mage's own Resonance."
George said.
"Why where you asking Sodalis?"

"Well, our new friend described his summoner and the person with her as sharing some resonance. She is not yet Fallen, but it seemed that one was a man if I recall the pronoun our friend used correctly. That reduces things to fewer choices."

"Perhaps that is why I...fell in love with you Adley...that I remember loving you as a brother."
Beatrice said softly, then she looked up at you.
"Well then let us be brother an sister in this life as well Adley even if we are born to different parents, our souls remember so let us be siblings."
She said.
"And I will worry about you and make sure you eat in this life as well."

"I don't know, it's confusing. Perhaps you just felt that way because you did, our souls have had many kinds of relationships it seems. But we've been siblings often enough in memory." He nodded. "I worry about you too. Take care, I'll be back later."

[Airport Parking Lot]

The spirits kept doing their things aroun the parking lot, non of them where hostile though or paying much attention to you though some of the air elemental swirled in your direction and and again and did extra swirls when they noticed someone looking at them. The stress spirit just kept at it never seaming to notice you to much.

He gave a half smile at the extra pirouette from the air elemental and waited. He supposed he should be glad the stress spirit didn't bother with him, his stress levels were of late and in earlier months were through the roof for various reasons.

You got a message back.
"We are heading there now so I will meet you there."

He watched the doors for his sister and her apprentice, so that he could help with the luggage.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:26 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, and did as bidden. This being one of those many "dull but kinda important tasks" which fill people's lives and too distracted to be a good conversational partner.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:46 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"There are not many who are a member of two Traditions no."
George said.
"And my apprentice said she was very skilled, and compassionate with a nervous child my grand apprentice do not much like tight spaces you see."
Colin nodded, "Everyone is afraid of something... She's good with that. Very, very good..."

[Colin's apartment]
Anja wrote:"Indeed so though once it is painted if we both want it, unless we want to give it to someone as a gift I a sure we can ask Master Haagen to make a copy of it for us."
Jeremy wrote:"We can hang it in the common room. A joint effort between two mages should be enjoyed by everyone in the chantry." Serge suggested.
Anja wrote:"We can ask if we can hang it in the common room at least."
He hesitated for a moment, "The common room... might not be the best suited place for it, depending on the motif. Nothing wrong with your work, Beatrice, but some of your landscapes might be... unsettling for a fair number of people, especially if they're trying to eat. It's a context thing, really... The hallway outside the common room might be a better placement for it."

Anja wrote:"Hum...I might have to have a talk with him then."
"Power is not the biggest problem though if one first go to the trouble of making wings. Muscle tone can be adjusted as well."
He nodded, "The greatest problem, I suppose, is that of the square-cube law. There is a reason bird bones are hollow and full of air; just muscle tone alone is not enough to compensate for sheer mass... I'd surmise you need to include some lifting magic, whether through wind or air pressure, or straight up gravity tampering, if you want to avoid looking like, well... a plump bird from all the necessary muscles."

Anja wrote:"No being turned into a rat would not be good."
He smiled wryly, "I'm sure Strawberry would appreciate a new friend, though, and be willing to teach you the necessary rat business..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Which brings up the fact we're going to need funds, still." He frowned.
Anja wrote:"Well there is a limit to what the Chantry can cover, at least a place to stay is not a problem, I hear Jeffry have plans to host you all at his house on Horizon the one he inherited after his mother. We have scraped together funds for food and a small allowance while you are there but anything else you need to cover yourself."
S7trif3 wrote:"I should hit the bank then before it closes. Bruce tried to explain the exchange rate for things and it hurt my head, but regardless it's looking like a ramen-lunch type of trip."
He nodded thoughtfully, "With any luck, the Paradigma will be willing to extend a cash advance for my article; first publication rights for such a novel and broadly useful rote should be worth a... modest sum. And I might be able to sell a few pieces from my workshop, as well; honest craftsmanship is, after all, prized on Horizon, more than mere precious metals. I'll be bringing a small selection of my wares for trade."

Anja wrote:"Yes that should be quite a agreeable Mr Wainwright."
The old Guernicus magus agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Maybe, but I feel we should try to do so sooner than later, much sooner. Especially if we think an incarnate being might do the deed. The issue is that we need to send it in a way that will be secure, and we have yet to figure out how the network became compromised." He frowned. "Plus, we already know there is an assassin up there, which is why I caution about tipping our hand. That they'd find a way around it."
Anja wrote:"Well we could just seek the good doctor out, and be we I mean you since your group is going to Horizon tomorrow Sodalis."
George said.
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm just worried that's not soon enough, I suppose."
He sighed softly, "Thing of it is, a letter would be another potential source of a leak, and it would likely be exorbitantly expensive if we wanted it to have a chance of getting there before we can tomorrow..."

Anja wrote:"His request was that it be used in a magick working, amicus. I do not think it has to be on Horizon."
He nodded, "No, it doesn't have to be... it just seems fitting that he be... laid to rest, as it were, where he would have lived, had he not been... well, you know."

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Sure just swing by when you are done. Isabel will be glad to see you Renee tell me you have a way with kids."
Liam said and he smiled when he talked about his young daughter.
He grinned, "Well, Isabel is a doll. Her birthday's coming up in a few months, isn't it?"

Anja wrote:"Torture seldom work as intended and it leave a bitter taste in my mouth, it makes me feel like we are lowering ourselves to their level you know."
The Hermetic said then he nodded as he showed the way to the basement.
"Yeah it might be that, but even sleeper technology though? Have they been targeting people with peacemakers and such? Why I mean how do that benefit anyone?"
The Hermetic said sounding confused.
He nodded, a dark look in his eyes, "A friend of my daughter's, a Sleeper with a heart condition, was attacked last night, and is currently in a crisis condition; hypothetically, I suppose making people turn away from advanced scientific medicine and seek magical cures for their ills would benefit anyone with a mystic inclination, but whoever is behind it is not giving a second thought to who might die in the process."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:43 am

[Colin's apartment]

Anja wrote:"We can ask if we can hang it in the common room at least."
Colin wrote:He hesitated for a moment, "The common room... might not be the best suited place for it, depending on the motif. Nothing wrong with your work, Beatrice, but some of your landscapes might be... unsettling for a fair number of people, especially if they're trying to eat. It's a context thing, really... The hallway outside the common room might be a better placement for it."

"It's not only Beatrice drawing you know. Its me and her. Though it will be interesting to see what it becomes when her style combines with my style of child-like wonder." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Well there is a limit to what the Chantry can cover, at least a place to stay is not a problem, I hear Jeffry have plans to host you all at his house on Horizon the one he inherited after his mother. We have scraped together funds for food and a small allowance while you are there but anything else you need to cover yourself."
Adley wrote:"I should hit the bank then before it closes. Bruce tried to explain the exchange rate for things and it hurt my head, but regardless it's looking like a ramen-lunch type of trip."
Colin wrote:He nodded thoughtfully, "With any luck, the Paradigma will be willing to extend a cash advance for my article; first publication rights for such a novel and broadly useful rote should be worth a... modest sum. And I might be able to sell a few pieces from my workshop, as well; honest craftsmanship is, after all, prized on Horizon, more than mere precious metals. I'll be bringing a small selection of my wares for trade."

"Darn, I should probably head to the bank myself." Serge said, looking like he wasn't looking forward to that trip. "Wonder if my art will fetch any price. Although I bet Horizons overflowing with artist so I might not be to valuable."

Anja wrote:"I will be careful."
Beatrice promised. Then she looked at Serge and winked.
"That is the thing with older brothers, they have your back but they also tend to be spoilsports."
She said with a little gripe.

"Guess that makes everyone my older brother than." Serge said chuckling.

[Westchapel]

Anja wrote:"I a glad to hear it Serge, and you know your Mentor is lke 20 minutes away from where you live now."
Liam said and smiled.
"It have been good, other than us loosing several members during the Nephandi trouble."
He said sadly.
"Things are coming around though and you know Renee will have the baby soon so that is good, it will be busy though, oh and Isabel is going to start her studies soon, she have gotten an Mentor now."

"Still need to drive or take the bus. Doubt I could walk here. And it's not like I have a car. Would be a lot easier if I could just teleport here." Serge said with a grin. "Renee's having baby? That'll be fun. A baby born in a magickal chantry. And Isabel has Mentor now? Who is it?"

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:One of the waitresses came over to you after a while, a older black woman with allot of gray curly hair pinned up in a bun, she where wearing a pink skirt and white blouse and the name tag said Theresa.
"What can I get you kid...hey are not you the kid that used to come in with that doctor a while ago?"
She asked in a friendly tone of voice.
"What are you drawing there? Can I see?"

"That's me! The doc will be here soon as well." Serge said cheerily glancing up at the waitress. He turned his sketchbook around, eager to show her what he had drawn.

It was a simple drawing of Serge's surrounding. The walls of the restaurant, the people in it, as well as the food that was present on the tables. If the waitress looked closely she would notices that it wasn't an exact recreation. Serge had taken his own liberties and altered things as he had seen fit. The designs on the table cloth and walls were different and tables that were empty in the real world were occupied in Serge's drawing.

"Basically anything I can see. Gotta keep practicing you know." he said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 am

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin nodded, "Everyone is afraid of something... She's good with that. Very, very good..."

"Yes the good doctor came highly recommended when my apprentice's student needed an examination in a ehm...one of the machines that takes pictures inside of you."

[Colin's apartment]

He hesitated for a moment, "The common room... might not be the best suited place for it, depending on the motif. Nothing wrong with your work, Beatrice, but some of your landscapes might be... unsettling for a fair number of people, especially if they're trying to eat. It's a context thing, really... The hallway outside the common room might be a better placement for it."

"What I paint and what my Avatar paint when I let him have his fun might be a little different Colin but yes I do get your point. Anyway we need to make the picture before we can decide where to put it."

He nodded, "The greatest problem, I suppose, is that of the square-cube law. There is a reason bird bones are hollow and full of air; just muscle tone alone is not enough to compensate for sheer mass... I'd surmise you need to include some lifting magic, whether through wind or air pressure, or straight up gravity tampering, if you want to avoid looking like, well... a plump bird from all the necessary muscles."

"Well that is a point, might have to adjust my bones as well. I do know several Verbena wo do make themselves wings and they are able to fly."
The young Verbena said.
"Might be they are not following the Consensus' idea of gravity either."

He smiled wryly, "I'm sure Strawberry would appreciate a new friend, though, and be willing to teach you the necessary rat business..."

This made Beatrice chuckle a bit.

"Darn, I should probably head to the bank myself." Serge said, looking like he wasn't looking forward to that trip. "Wonder if my art will fetch any price. Although I bet Horizons overflowing with artist so I might not be to valuable."

"I am not sure how well art would see on Horizon but it is a chance you can get some sales."
George said and nodded.

Beatrice grinned a bit at that.

He nodded thoughtfully, "With any luck, the Paradigma will be willing to extend a cash advance for my article; first publication rights for such a novel and broadly useful rote should be worth a... modest sum. And I might be able to sell a few pieces from my workshop, as well; honest craftsmanship is, after all, prized on Horizon, more than mere precious metals. I'll be bringing a small selection of my wares for trade."

"This is true handmade items a priced on Horizon given how easy it is there to make things with magick, handmade items become a nice novelty."
George said and nodded.
"As for your rote you might be able to get a nice sum from the Paradigma for that but I do not know."

He nodded, "No, it doesn't have to be... it just seems fitting that he be... laid to rest, as it were, where he would have lived, had he not been... well, you know."

"No it is not likely Carmon would have ever lived on Horizon young man, from the way I understand it Carmon was already a powerful, acknowledged magus by the time of the war with Diedne, at the time our Longevity potions had a serious draw back, they could only keep us alive for about 300 years, only with the help of the Verbena as the Traditions joined together and more...extreme methods could we extend our lives beyond that so Carmon would have likely left this world a century before Horizon was built."
The Primus explained.

"I should hit the bank then before it closes. Bruce tried to explain the exchange rate for things and it hurt my head, but regardless it's looking like a ramen-lunch type of trip."

"We could get just ingredients at the grocery store and cook at Master Morgan's house, that will make meals cheaper and they will still be nutritios and good."
Beatrice suggested. George gave a chuckle.
"The exchange rate can be a bit confusing yes, some shops will take earth currency though."
He said.
"And yes cooking yourself might be a good idea Miss Alexander."

"I'm just worried that's not soon enough, I suppose."

"That might be so, the problem is that sending a spirit to warn her will be a problem with Horizon's wards and sending a Mercere to will take time."
The Primus said.

"Well, our new friend described his summoner and the person with her as sharing some resonance. She is not yet Fallen, but it seemed that one was a man if I recall the pronoun our friend used correctly. That reduces things to fewer choices."

"The spirit did say that the woman was working with a Fallen mage and it did refer to this person as a he...hum...a Fallen man she have worked with for a long time...you are thinking of her brother perhaps? But if so he have found some way to hide it, I saw the man on Horizon not long ago."
George said.
"Not that I looked at his Avatar but still he did not seam off in any way."

"I don't know, it's confusing. Perhaps you just felt that way because you did, our souls have had many kinds of relationships it seems. But we've been siblings often enough in memory." He nodded. "I worry about you too. Take care, I'll be back later."

"Yes it seams we have known one another in many ways through many lives, two spirits walking side by side. I guess explaining emotions are not always easy."
Beatrice said then she smiled a little.
"Let us worry about one another then, it is always good to have someone in your corner."
She added and she gave you a fond smile.

[Airport Parking Lot]

He gave a half smile at the extra pirouette from the air elemental and waited. He supposed he should be glad the stress spirit didn't bother with him, his stress levels were of late and in earlier months were through the roof for various reasons.

Perhaps the stress spirit thought that a mage would be more stress than he could handle. The air elementals though looked like they enjoyed being watched as they played around in the wind, was the wind.

He watched the doors for his sister and her apprentice, so that he could help with the luggage

After a few moment you saw Helena and her apprentice come through the doors. Helena was a tall woman, she was well toned and walked with confidence. Her hair was somewhere between dark blond and brown and worn in a neat ponytail, her eyes where brown, her face was to severe to be beautiful, it had a thin nose and lips and high cheekbones, a scar ran from right under her left eye and down to her chin, she was wearing a red knitted sweater over blue jeans with sensible shoes. She was wearing a long necklace in gold with an hourglass pendant, it once being your House's symbol. The younger mage was lanky as many teenagers was, his skin was light brown, his hair short and curly, his eyes where beautiful dark brown, he would grow up to be handsome but right now his skin was breaking out wit sits and he had the typical teenager problems, he was wearing a black shirt, white coat and blue jeans. Both of the two other Flambeau ad one small suitcase each. Once he saw you your nephew smiled and waved his hand happily while Helena gave a more measured but polite nod of her head.

[Westchapel]

"Still need to drive or take the bus. Doubt I could walk here. And it's not like I have a car. Would be a lot easier if I could just teleport here." Serge said with a grin. "Renee's having baby? That'll be fun. A baby born in a magickal chantry. And Isabel has Mentor now? Who is it?"

"Yes well taking the bus is not to much of a hassel, you could always ask the Professor if you could teleport here when you come visiting though."
Liam said then he smiled.
"Yes but you know if you looked up from your drawings you would have noticed that Renee where pregnant before you left as well she is eight months and two weeks along now the baby is coming soon."
He said with a bit of a chuckle.
"Adeline Bree have taken the kid in, my little girl is going to become a Verbena, at least she is getting a Mentor from Westchapel so she do not have to move."
The Hermetic said and he smiled a little.
"I am sure she will be a wonderful mage one day."

He grinned, "Well, Isabel is a doll. Her birthday's coming up in a few months, isn't it?"

"Well yes it is."
Liam said with a warm smile.
"I have to think up a gift for her, oh it will be so hard to take a step back now that she have gotten a Mentor to teach her magick."
He said.
"Oh how fast they grow up."

He nodded, a dark look in his eyes, "A friend of my daughter's, a Sleeper with a heart condition, was attacked last night, and is currently in a crisis condition; hypothetically, I suppose making people turn away from advanced scientific medicine and seek magical cures for their ills would benefit anyone with a mystic inclination, but whoever is behind it is not giving a second thought to who might die in the process."

"It can not be us can it? The Traditions I mean for if so they need to be brought to justice for their crimes."
Liam said and frowned.
"I hope your daughter's friend will make it."
He added as you got down to the confusing basement and where led down several corridors to one door where you saw Ty standing right outside, and a Virtual Adept you had met a few weeks ago when he visited Freddy, you are not sure what his name is though, along with a Verbena from Beatrice's Coven and Nicole. A scruffy looking man with dark hair and ruffled clothes sat strapped down to a chair, clearly just waking up, he looked rather confused and his eyes darted from one person to the other. Ty gave you a nod, when he saw you.
"Hello."
He said and the little Virtual Adept standing next to him grinned, Ryel, Ryel was his name.
"Hey Mr Wainwright."
Liam groaned at this.
"Names ladies and gentlemen, names."
He said and Ryel rolled his eyes and muttered.
"Hermetics."

Nicole nodded to this, and did as bidden. This being one of those many "dull but kinda important tasks" which fill people's lives and too distracted to be a good conversational partner.

You and the Verbena got the prisoner restrained to the chair, he was not going anywhere. The man grunted as he started waking up.
"What...where...."
He begun and looked at the four mages gathered around him with confused, scared eyes.

[Cafe]

"That's me! The doc will be here soon as well." Serge said cheerily glancing up at the waitress. He turned his sketchbook around, eager to show her what he had drawn.

It was a simple drawing of Serge's surrounding. The walls of the restaurant, the people in it, as well as the food that was present on the tables. If the waitress looked closely she would notices that it wasn't an exact recreation. Serge had taken his own liberties and altered things as he had seen fit. The designs on the table cloth and walls were different and tables that were empty in the real world were occupied in Serge's drawing.

"Ah yes that is nice that the Doctor is coming as well."
The waitress said as she looked at the drawing.
"You are very talented kid, that looks really nice."
She said and smiled.
"Do you work with art?"

"Basically anything I can see. Gotta keep practicing you know." he said with a smile.

"I guess that is how you have gotten so good."
The waitress said and smiled.
"Now let me see if I remember, you do not like coffee or tea do you, what about a vanilla milkshake?"
She asked with a smile.

You saw Theodora's car pull up in front of the cafe and park. The young Tytalus got out and walked around the car and helped your Mentor out. Ange still had to use crutches. Theodora helped Ange with the door to the cafe and gave you a wave when she saw you.
"Hey Serge."
She said and Ange thanked her.
"Thank you Tehodora, stay let me buy you luck."
The Hermetic shook her head.
"Sorry Ma'am thank you for the offer but I have to pick up some things, I will be back later to drive you home ok?
Ange smiled.
"Ok I will see you later then, and thank you again."
Then your Mentor made her way over to your table and sat down with some difficulty.
"Hello Serge, good day Theresa, the regular for me please and give my friend here whatever he wants ok?"
She said and smiled to the waitress who smiled back.
"Good to see you Doctor, how are you doing?"
She asked and Ange smiled.
"Healing nicely thank you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:59 am

[Westchapel]

Anja's Posts:

'Oh, nothing. Just fell asleep at Fenway Park.' Nicole replied sarcastically, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at the prisoner. With that she turned to Colin.

'You want the background, yes?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:32 am

[Colin's apartment]

This is true handmade items a priced on Horizon given how easy it is there to make things with magick, handmade items become a nice novelty."
George said and nodded.
"As for your rote you might be able to get a nice sum from the Paradigma for that but I do not know."
"I am not sure how well art would see on Horizon but it is a chance you can get some sales."
George said and nodded.

"That sounds like a good plan. I think that you have skill, try not to undersell yourself."

"We could get just ingredients at the grocery store and cook at Master Morgan's house, that will make meals cheaper and they will still be nutritios and good."
"The exchange rate can be a bit confusing yes, some shops will take earth currency though."
He said.

"At least breakfasts.'

He sighed softly, "Thing of it is, a letter would be another potential source of a leak, and it would likely be exorbitantly expensive if we wanted it to have a chance of getting there before we can tomorrow..."
"That might be so, the problem is that sending a spirit to warn her will be a problem with Horizon's wards and sending a Mercere to will take time."
The Primus said.

"I suppose...unless we sent a spirit, but they might be waylaid and a source of a leak because they'd have to check in at the ward, right? You both are those with experience with temporal ars, I just recall that there is someone nefarious already that has done some bad work up there."

"The spirit did say that the woman was working with a Fallen mage and it did refer to this person as a he...hum...a Fallen man she have worked with for a long time...you are thinking of her brother perhaps? But if so he have found some way to hide it, I saw the man on Horizon not long ago." George said. "Not that I looked at his Avatar but still he did not seam off in any way."

"No, though that would be a reasonable guess." He picked up his tablet and wrote out, 'What other advantage does a mentor hold over their students, in our Tradition?' and handed it to the Primus.

"No it is not likely Carmon would have ever lived on Horizon young man, from the way I understand it Carmon was already a powerful, acknowledged magus by the time of the war with Diedne, at the time our Longevity potions had a serious draw back, they could only keep us alive for about 300 years, only with the help of the Verbena as the Traditions joined together and more...extreme methods could we extend our lives beyond that so Carmon would have likely left this world a century before Horizon was built." The Primus explained.

"Perhaps, but I think he still would be satisfied. After all, this realm is where he worked his magick."

"I think you are the youngest of us, currently."

"Yes it seams we have known one another in many ways through many lives, two spirits walking side by side. I guess explaining emotions are not always easy."
Beatrice said then she smiled a little. "Let us worry about one another then, it is always good to have someone in your corner." She added and she gave you a fond smile.

He nodded. "And woe the one that tried to back us into it."

[Airport Parking Lot]

Both of the two other Flambeau ad one small suitcase each. Once he saw you your nephew smiled and waved his hand happily while Helena gave a more measured but polite nod of her head.

He got out to help them with their luggage and get it into the car. "It's good to see you both. I hope that your travels were fair and that you're both well." After everything was in, he opened the passenger side for Helena and one of the back doors for her student. He waited until they were seated and said, "I was asked to take you both out to lunch, our pater wishes he could join us but he has some things to attend to this afternoon but we will be together for dinner. Anything you particularly have a craving for?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 am

[Colin's apartment]

"That sounds like a good plan. I think that you have skill, try not to undersell yourself."

"He is right you know Serge, you have allot of talent, don't undersell it."
Beatrice said and nodded in agreement.

"At least breakfasts.'

"It is easy to make lunches as well which can simply be brought along and eaten when it is time for it."
Beatrice said.
"If I have a chair to sit on so I do not have to stand to long at the time I can take care of kitchen duty."
The young Verbena offered.

"I suppose...unless we sent a spirit, but they might be waylaid and a source of a leak because they'd have to check in at the ward, right? You both are those with experience with temporal ars, I just recall that there is someone nefarious already that has done some bad work up there."

"Sending a spirit means also sending a request to Horizon to let it enter, if you fear a letter will end up in the wrong hands then sending a spirit will be as dangerous, we have the choice of waiting until we get to Horizon ourselves or trusting a messenger, spiritual or physical."
The Primus said simply.
"I guess we could go early but I am not sure that would be good for your brother to have to spend another night in a Horizon cell."

"No, though that would be a reasonable guess." He picked up his tablet and wrote out, 'What other advantage does a mentor hold over their students, in our Tradition?' and handed it to the Primus.

The Primus raised an eyebrow at what he read and wrote back.
"A Mentor own his or her student until they are initiated and like with all Traditions since Mentor and Student are likely to have similar Paradigms they are often able to work very well together magickally. I am afraid though that I do not understand your meaning Sodalis. Also the teacher of the woman we suspect are more than dead so it can not be him."

He nodded. "And woe the one that tried to back us into it."

"Yes...woe to the ones who try to back us into it."
Beatrice agreed.
"I will protect you Adley."
She promised.
"I will keep you safe."

[Airport Parking Lot]

He got out to help them with their luggage and get it into the car. "It's good to see you both. I hope that your travels were fair and that you're both well." After everything was in, he opened the passenger side for Helena and one of the back doors for her student.

"It is good to see you Adley I trust that you and our Pater is well?"
Helena said as she got into the car.
"I hear Master Morgan have a new student and he is my age is that true uncle Adley?"
Stephen asked and Helena turned and gave her an apprentice a rather stern look and the boy added.
"Ehm...Mr Roth Hicks I mean, sorry about that...so is it true?"

He waited until they were seated and said, "I was asked to take you both out to lunch, our pater wishes he could join us but he has some things to attend to this afternoon but we will be together for dinner. Anything you particularly have a craving for?"

"That is quite understandable, these last few years where I have served as Security Chief for Chantry Talana in San Francisco I have seen how much work the job is, I will look forward to seeing our pater at dinner."
Helena said. Stephen nodded.
"Ehm...what about pizza, for food I mean?"
The young boy requested and Helena sigh.
"He is fond of his junk food."
She said with a small shake of her head.
"Anything will be fine with me brother, we can eat at whatever place you recommend."
Your sister said as she settled into her seat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 am

[Westchapel]

Oh, nothing. Just fell asleep at Fenway Park.' Nicole replied sarcastically, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at the prisoner. With that she turned to Colin.

"Oh go and fuck yourself lady!"
The prisoner muttered his voice not completely clear yet but he had woken up right into insult mode.
"I doubt anyone else will, or at least a man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:25 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"Yes the good doctor came highly recommended when my apprentice's student needed an examination in a ehm...one of the machines that takes pictures inside of you."
Colin nodded, "Those can get cramped, noisy and unsettling, even for those not afraid of such conditions..."

[Colin's apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well that is a point, might have to adjust my bones as well. I do know several Verbena wo do make themselves wings and they are able to fly."
The young Verbena said.
"Might be they are not following the Consensus' idea of gravity either."
Colin nodded, "It's probably safe to assume that winged humans, regardless of flight capability, are asking for Paradox... Full-fledged shapeshifting into birds, probably not so much."

Jeremy wrote:"It's not only Beatrice drawing you know. Its me and her. Though it will be interesting to see what it becomes when her style combines with my style of child-like wonder." Serge said with a smile.
He smiled, "Indeed, I look forward to seeing the results."

Anja wrote:"This is true handmade items a priced on Horizon given how easy it is there to make things with magick, handmade items become a nice novelty."
George said and nodded.
He smiled thinly, "I suspect I'll be paid a bit more than whatever the usual honorarium for technical articles, owing to the rather revolutionary nature of the subject matter... but likely a lot less than I would be if I were to tutor a select few students personally."

Jeremy wrote:"Darn, I should probably head to the bank myself." Serge said, looking like he wasn't looking forward to that trip. "Wonder if my art will fetch any price. Although I bet Horizons overflowing with artist so I might not be to valuable."
Anja wrote:"I am not sure how well art would see on Horizon but it is a chance you can get some sales."
George said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"That sounds like a good plan. I think that you have skill, try not to undersell yourself."
Anja wrote:"He is right you know Serge, you have allot of talent, don't undersell it."
He pondered, "I suspect portraits might actually be very well paid, perhaps more so if you could implement some more... fantastical elements in a more lifelike fashion than normally seen. Game of Thrones-style dragons rather than, say, Maleficent's dragon form in Sleeping Beauty. And bringing original pieces to sell on a market corner might be quite viable on a day off... "
He grinned, then added, "Not to mention your great-grandmentor would probably love one, and if she wants one, you can be certain others will want something from the same, exclusive source..."

Anja wrote:"We could get just ingredients at the grocery store and cook at Master Morgan's house, that will make meals cheaper and they will still be nutritios and good."
He said.
S7trif3 wrote:"At least breakfasts.'
Anja wrote:"It is easy to make lunches as well which can simply be brought along and eaten when it is time for it."
Beatrice said.
"If I have a chair to sit on so I do not have to stand to long at the time I can take care of kitchen duty."
He hahrumphed, crossing his arms, "Well, now, you are bringing a cook quite capable of holding his own against someone five centuries his senior. I won't protest someone else doing the dishes, but I'll make sure we get some decent meals, at least, based on whatever groceries we can get."

Anja wrote:"That might be so, the problem is that sending a spirit to warn her will be a problem with Horizon's wards and sending a Mercere to will take time."
The Primus said.
S7trif3 wrote:"I suppose...unless we sent a spirit, but they might be waylaid and a source of a leak because they'd have to check in at the ward, right? You both are those with experience with temporal ars, I just recall that there is someone nefarious already that has done some bad work up there."
Anja wrote:"Sending a spirit means also sending a request to Horizon to let it enter, if you fear a letter will end up in the wrong hands then sending a spirit will be as dangerous, we have the choice of waiting until we get to Horizon ourselves or trusting a messenger, spiritual or physical."
The Primus said simply.
"I guess we could go early but I am not sure that would be good for your brother to have to spend another night in a Horizon cell."
He frowned, "No, I think our best plan, taking all the eventualities into account, will be to warn her in person tomorrow... That's the funny thing about time tampering; it's fairly easily detected if you know where to look for it. Two months or so, I could spot disturbances around me, but since the hell week, I've been able to search for anomalies backwards and forwards. It's a bit tricky to get a lot of information from the disruptions, I'll allow - but it's at least enough to pinpoint it. Theoretically, I could find roughly any place and time on Earth and look for such, though I can't quite reach other realms just yet... Tomorrow, though, I should probably be able to find the critical point in time when I speak with Dr. Mossly."

Anja wrote:"The spirit did say that the woman was working with a Fallen mage and it did refer to this person as a he...hum...a Fallen man she have worked with for a long time...you are thinking of her brother perhaps? But if so he have found some way to hide it, I saw the man on Horizon not long ago."
George said.
"Not that I looked at his Avatar but still he did not seam off in any way."
S7trif3 wrote:"No, though that would be a reasonable guess." He picked up his tablet and wrote out, 'What other advantage does a mentor hold over their students, in our Tradition?' and handed it to the Primus.
Anja wrote:The Primus raised an eyebrow at what he read and wrote back.
"A Mentor own his or her student until they are initiated and like with all Traditions since Mentor and Student are likely to have similar Paradigms they are often able to work very well together magickally. I am afraid though that I do not understand your meaning Sodalis. Also the teacher of the woman we suspect are more than dead so it can not be him."
He frowned, "The disruption is from another timeline... Could it be possible that that timeline is one in which the Twins' Mentor survived? For that matter, did anyone ever verify seeing the body?"

Anja wrote:"No it is not likely Carmon would have ever lived on Horizon young man, from the way I understand it Carmon was already a powerful, acknowledged magus by the time of the war with Diedne, at the time our Longevity potions had a serious draw back, they could only keep us alive for about 300 years, only with the help of the Verbena as the Traditions joined together and more...extreme methods could we extend our lives beyond that so Carmon would have likely left this world a century before Horizon was built."
The Primus explained.
S7trif3 wrote:"Perhaps, but I think he still would be satisfied. After all, this realm is where he worked his magick."
He counted on his fingers for a moment, "...Oh, right, I somehow thought the gap was shorter. Hum, Adley, would you say a deep forest, mountaintop, or shoreline would be more to his liking? Or some other sort of locale?"

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Well yes it is."
Liam said with a warm smile.
"I have to think up a gift for her, oh it will be so hard to take a step back now that she have gotten a Mentor to teach her magick."
He said.
"Oh how fast they grow up."
He smiled, "Well, she might be a little on the young side for most sorts of jewelry just yet, but for a Verbena, I would suggest a blade - a ritual dagger or sickle, preferably. I have a very good silver-copper alloy that will hold an edge when sharpened, though I would recommend not giving her a sharp blade until her Mentor says she's capable of handling it. Few things show as much trust and faith in one's children as giving them proper tools, after all."

Anja wrote:"It can not be us can it? The Traditions I mean for if so they need to be brought to justice for their crimes."
Liam said and frowned.
"I hope your daughter's friend will make it."
He frowned, "It... can theoretically be us. But I doubt it - if so, they'd need one hell of a conspiracy to pull it off. No, I suspect this is a new faction, an unknown element... I, ah, can't share with you the exact reason for that, though."

Anja wrote:He added as you got down to the confusing basement and where led down several corridors to one door where you saw Ty standing right outside, and a Virtual Adept you had met a few weeks ago when he visited Freddy, you are not sure what his name is though, along with a Verbena from Beatrice's Coven and Nicole. A scruffy looking man with dark hair and ruffled clothes sat strapped down to a chair, clearly just waking up, he looked rather confused and his eyes darted from one person to the other. Ty gave you a nod, when he saw you.
"Hello."
He said and the little Virtual Adept standing next to him grinned, Ryel, Ryel was his name.
"Hey Mr Wainwright."
Liam groaned at this.
"Names ladies and gentlemen, names."
He said and Ryel rolled his eyes and muttered.
"Hermetics."
Nicole wrote:'You want the background, yes?'
He smiled wryly, "Ladies and gentlemen. Names, indeed... I think this is about as safe as places get for that, though..."
He nodded to Nicole, "I'm curious as to how you tracked down and picked up this fellow so quickly... and I'm guessing you caught him with the poison on him? Where's the substance now?"

((OOC: Oh, yeah, I forgot about that - Colin and Udella had their cook-off, didn't they? How'd that go? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Adley wrote:"That sounds like a good plan. I think that you have skill, try not to undersell yourself."
Anja wrote:"He is right you know Serge, you have allot of talent, don't undersell it."
Colin wrote:He pondered, "I suspect portraits might actually be very well paid, perhaps more so if you could implement some more... fantastical elements in a more lifelike fashion than normally seen. Game of Thrones-style dragons rather than, say, Maleficent's dragon form in Sleeping Beauty. And bringing original pieces to sell on a market corner might be quite viable on a day off... "
He grinned, then added, "Not to mention your great-grandmentor would probably love one, and if she wants one, you can be certain others will want something from the same, exclusive source..."

"I could do that. Wouldn't be too hard." Serge said thoughtfully. "And I already gave my great grandmentor a drawing for her birthday. Her assistant said she loved it and I was given a free pass to the cult of Ectasty pocket realm on Horizon."

[Westchapel]

Anja wrote:"Yes well taking the bus is not to much of a hassel, you could always ask the Professor if you could teleport here when you come visiting though."
Liam said then he smiled.

"I'll have to do that. It would make visiting a lot easier."

Anja wrote:"Yes but you know if you looked up from your drawings you would have noticed that Renee where pregnant before you left as well she is eight months and two weeks along now the baby is coming soon."
He said with a bit of a chuckle.

"Hey!....yeah your probably right." Serge said sheepishly. "I probably noticed it but forgot. It's been a hectic couple of months."

Anja wrote:"Adeline Bree have taken the kid in, my little girl is going to become a Verbena, at least she is getting a Mentor from Westchapel so she do not have to move."
The Hermetic said and he smiled a little.
"I am sure she will be a wonderful mage one day."

"Neat! A verbana! Soon she'll be turning into a bird and flying around the chantry." he said with a chuckle.

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Ah yes that is nice that the Doctor is coming as well."
The waitress said as she looked at the drawing.
"You are very talented kid, that looks really nice."
She said and smiled.
"Do you work with art?"

"I do commisions here and there and have been drawing since I was like two. So I have a fair amount of experience with art." Serge said continuing to make alterations to the drawing.

Anja wrote:"I guess that is how you have gotten so good."
The waitress said and smiled.
"Now let me see if I remember, you do not like coffee or tea do you, what about a vanilla milkshake?"
She asked with a smile.

"That would be awesome! Thank you so much."

Anja wrote:You saw Theodora's car pull up in front of the cafe and park. The young Tytalus got out and walked around the car and helped your Mentor out. Ange still had to use crutches. Theodora helped Ange with the door to the cafe and gave you a wave when she saw you.
"Hey Serge."

"Hey Theodora." Serhe said waving back at the Tytalus.

Anja wrote:She said and Ange thanked her.
"Thank you Tehodora, stay let me buy you luck."
The Hermetic shook her head.
"Sorry Ma'am thank you for the offer but I have to pick up some things, I will be back later to drive you home ok?
Ange smiled.
"Ok I will see you later then, and thank you again."
Then your Mentor made her way over to your table and sat down with some difficulty.
"Hello Serge, good day Theresa, the regular for me please and give my friend here whatever he wants ok?"
She said and smiled to the waitress who smiled back.
"Good to see you Doctor, how are you doing?"
She asked and Ange smiled.
"Healing nicely thank you."

Even in her dishevelled state, Ange seemed to make the world brighter with her presence and Serge couldn't help but smile as he saw her arrive.

"Hey Ange. Glad to know your healing." he said putting down his sketchbook and looking at the menu.

"I'll have that vanilla milkshake and some cheesecake as well." he said to the waitress.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin nodded, "Those can get cramped, noisy and unsettling, even for those not afraid of such conditions..."

"That is true I have never had the pleasure, my apprentice's boy have had some unsettling experiences though and after those he have a terrible fear of tight spaces, Dr Mosley got him through the needed examinations though without having to resort of sedating him, she is quite skilled."
George said and nodded.

[Colin's apartment]

Colin nodded, "It's probably safe to assume that winged humans, regardless of flight capability, are asking for Paradox... Full-fledged shapeshifting into birds, probably not so much."

"That is why it would be done on Horizon and not on Earth Colin, it would not be safe to such a thing here, but on Horizon it is quite accepted by the Consensus."
Beatrice commented.

He smiled, "Indeed, I look forward to seeing the results."

"I hope you will like it."
The young Verbena said.

He smiled thinly, "I suspect I'll be paid a bit more than whatever the usual honorarium for technical articles, owing to the rather revolutionary nature of the subject matter... but likely a lot less than I would be if I were to tutor a select few students personally."

"Yes that is probably correct."
George agreed.

He hahrumphed, crossing his arms, "Well, now, you are bringing a cook quite capable of holding his own against someone five centuries his senior. I won't protest someone else doing the dishes, but I'll make sure we get some decent meals, at least, based on whatever groceries we can get."

"There are markets and regular grocery stores on Horizon so yes I suspect we can get whatever we need and between us I am sure we can keep this group fed."
Beatrice said with a bit of a smile.

He frowned, "No, I think our best plan, taking all the eventualities into account, will be to warn her in person tomorrow... That's the funny thing about time tampering; it's fairly easily detected if you know where to look for it. Two months or so, I could spot disturbances around me, but since the hell week, I've been able to search for anomalies backwards and forwards. It's a bit tricky to get a lot of information from the disruptions, I'll allow - but it's at least enough to pinpoint it. Theoretically, I could find roughly any place and time on Earth and look for such, though I can't quite reach other realms just yet... Tomorrow, though, I should probably be able to find the critical point in time when I speak with Dr. Mossly."

"Maybe so, if our foes have not hid what point they will attack Dr Mosley, it is what I would do if I where assassinating someone, so finding the exact point might not be as easy as you think Mr Wainwright."
The Primus said.
"I do agree that talking with the good doctor tomorrow though is probably our best bet here."

He frowned, "The disruption is from another timeline... Could it be possible that that timeline is one in which the Twins' Mentor survived? For that matter, did anyone ever verify seeing the body?"

"Anything could be possible in another timeline."
George said then he got a dark shadow in his eyes.
"Yes...I watched their Mentor decline, and I was at his funeral, he was a good friend once, I assure you he...is gone."
He said and looked out through the window.
"Poor man."
Beatrice shivered to this.
"Ehm...you know what I ehm...will go and find a glass of water...you don't mind do you Colin?"
She asked and all bun ran to the kitchen.

He counted on his fingers for a moment, "...Oh, right, I somehow thought the gap was shorter. Hum, Adley, would you say a deep forest, mountaintop, or shoreline would be more to his liking? Or some other sort of locale?"

"Horizon was created in 1422."
George said.
"Right as the Traditions where founded. A headquarters and sanctuary for all mages and a bastion of magick against those who would see it gone from this world."

[Westchapel]

"I'll have to do that. It would make visiting a lot easier."

"Tell him you can run errands between him and Miss Bouchard if he lets you teleport here, the Professor apparently favors her though knowing him it have less to do with personality and more that he see potential in her for his precious Science with a capital S."
Liam said with a grunt.
"Oh and don't tell Renee I said anything bad about ehm Science or I will be sleeping in the dog house."
He added with a wry grin.

"Hey!....yeah your probably right." Serge said sheepishly. "I probably noticed it but forgot. It's been a hectic couple of months."

"More like Renee's problem until the baby is born, she is pissed Horizon have banned her from flying missions until she gives birth, then once the baby are here it will be both of our problem."
Liam said.
"I am looking forward to it though, taking care of a baby again, ah the sleepless nights...anyway yeah it have been some hectic months."
He agreed and nodded.

"Neat! A verbana! Soon she'll be turning into a bird and flying around the chantry." he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah that's what I am afraid of...and all the blood magick..."
The Hermetic said and frowned.
"Well I am sure she will be good at it."

He smiled, "Well, she might be a little on the young side for most sorts of jewelry just yet, but for a Verbena, I would suggest a blade - a ritual dagger or sickle, preferably. I have a very good silver-copper alloy that will hold an edge when sharpened, though I would recommend not giving her a sharp blade until her Mentor says she's capable of handling it. Few things show as much trust and faith in one's children as giving them proper tools, after all."

"She is almost nine she do have jewelry, not allot of good pieces though but there is a few silver pieces that she wear for special occasions, the rest are mostly play jewelry and such. Hum a knife that might be a good idea, I will speak with her Mentor but she have used sharp things for hobby projects so that might indeed be a good idea...I might pick up that blade you mentioned but her Mentor should probably look at it since she will have to approve as well."
Liam said and smiled.
"Her mother are getting her a full et of screwdrivers and such, and a doll."

He frowned, "It... can theoretically be us. But I doubt it - if so, they'd need one hell of a conspiracy to pull it off. No, I suspect this is a new faction, an unknown element... I, ah, can't share with you the exact reason for that, though."

"That is even more troubling, the last thing we need are more factions to this bloody war!"
The Hermetic exclaimed.

He smiled wryly, "Ladies and gentlemen. Names, indeed... I think this is about as safe as places get for that, though..."

"Oh what is this a ugly fucker what is this guy going to do? Scare me to death?"
The prisoner spat when he saw you.
"Ehm he is not very polite."
Ryel said.
"Sorry about that Mr Wainwright."
He said which earned him a stern look from Liam about names.

[Cafe]

"I do commisions here and there and have been drawing since I was like two. So I have a fair amount of experience with art." Serge said continuing to make alterations to the drawing.

"I can see you are good kid. I am glad you are able to earn a living doing what you love that is nice."
Theresa said and smiled.

"That would be awesome! Thank you so much."

The waitress made a note of the order.
"One vanilla milk shake coming up..."
She added with a smile.

"Hey Theodora." Serhe said waving back at the Tytalus.

"How's it going?"
The Tytalus asked

Even in her dishevelled state, Ange seemed to make the world brighter with her presence and Serge couldn't help but smile as he saw her arrive.

"Hey Ange. Glad to know your healing." he said putting down his sketchbook and looking at the menu.

"I'll have that vanilla milkshake and some cheesecake as well." he said to the waitress

There was nothing disheveled about your Mentor, yes one leg was still in a cast and she had to be careful with her hips, even moving with crutches clearly hurt but not a hair was out of order and she looked professional from top to toe. Angie was wearing a knee length red skirt, a white blouse and red fitted jacket, in he ears hun little rubies and a large, raw opaque garnet set in silver hung around her neck, you had seen the necklace in Colin's shop, clearly she had gotten it from there. A red shoe was on the leg not in a cast and a small gold watch on one wrist, several of her fingers had rings including her lily ring, her hair was loose and well groomed and her make up expertly applied. The Waitress made note of your order and went to fetch it as Ange smiled to you.
"I hope you did not have to wait long Serge. And yes I am healing though it is going irritatingly slow, well I will not complain I can go to work again, that is enough."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 pm

[Colin's apartment]
Anja wrote:"That is why it would be done on Horizon and not on Earth Colin, it would not be safe to such a thing here, but on Horizon it is quite accepted by the Consensus."
Beatrice commented.
Colin nodded, "Well, true... Still, best be careful; there are people less than pleasantly disposed toward us, and skeet shooting is a thing..."

Jeremy wrote:"I could do that. Wouldn't be too hard." Serge said thoughtfully. "And I already gave my great grandmentor a drawing for her birthday. Her assistant said she loved it and I was given a free pass to the cult of Ectasty pocket realm on Horizon."
He nodded, "Well, there you go - I'm sure there are several who would see an opportunity to, hm, bolster their own personal standing by offering patronage to the family of people in power. Hardly an unheard of scenario."

Anja wrote:"Maybe so, if our foes have not hid what point they will attack Dr Mosley, it is what I would do if I where assassinating someone, so finding the exact point might not be as easy as you think Mr Wainwright."
The Primus said.
"I do agree that talking with the good doctor tomorrow though is probably our best bet here."
He nodded, "Well, true - one must assume the culprits have obscured the exact time and place... but even that creates disturbances that can be spotted. And if my friend's testimony is accurate, the disturbance will ripple up to the point where it shifts the timeline exactly when Anna needs Dr. Mossly the most..." He scratched his ear, "It might be possible to triangulate something from that."

Anja wrote:"Anything could be possible in another timeline."
"Yes...I watched their Mentor decline, and I was at his funeral, he was a good friend once, I assure you he...is gone."
"Poor man."
Beatrice shivered to this.
"Ehm...you know what I ehm...will go and find a glass of water...you don't mind do you Colin?"
She asked and all bun ran to the kitchen.
He frowned, "Ah, please forgive me, I was under the impression he had already passed on when he was found... My condolences."

Anja wrote:"Horizon was created in 1422."
George said.
"Right as the Traditions where founded. A headquarters and sanctuary for all mages and a bastion of magick against those who would see it gone from this world."
He nodded, "Of course, it was the fall of the Tremere I somehow thought came closer to the Founding."

[Westchapel]
Jeremy wrote:"Neat! A verbana! Soon she'll be turning into a bird and flying around the chantry." he said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Yeah that's what I am afraid of...and all the blood magick..."
He grinned wryly, "Well, a little blood and bird droppings are still preferable to, say, frisky houseplants and a thunderstorm in the living room..."

Anja wrote:"She is almost nine she do have jewelry, not allot of good pieces though but there is a few silver pieces that she wear for special occasions, the rest are mostly play jewelry and such. Hum a knife that might be a good idea, I will speak with her Mentor but she have used sharp things for hobby projects so that might indeed be a good idea...I might pick up that blade you mentioned but her Mentor should probably look at it since she will have to approve as well."
Liam said and smiled.
"Her mother are getting her a full et of screwdrivers and such, and a doll."
He nodded, "Oh, I don't currently have any blades of that alloy - I did make one recently; a Christmas present for a Kiasyd, if you would believe it... but the alloy is something I can make more of, and it's quite a pleasant sheen to it. Very nice for creating custom pieces that need a little better edge than pure silver could ever hold."

Anja wrote:"That is even more troubling, the last thing we need are more factions to this bloody war!"
The Hermetic exclaimed.
He nodded, "If we could recruit a faction to our side, like the Orphans and independent Crafts, that would be one thing, but a rogue faction that seems intent on micturating in everyone's cereal to an extent competing with the Fallen, no, we certainly don't need that."

Anja wrote:"Oh what is this a ugly fucker what is this guy going to do? Scare me to death?"
The prisoner spat when he saw you.
"Ehm he is not very polite."
Ryel said.
"Sorry about that Mr Wainwright."
He said which earned him a stern look from Liam about names.
He smiled thinly at the captive, and loomed a little over him, voice like a steel gauntlet in a very thin silk glove, "Oh, I've survived far worse than a little vitriol from a weakling who goes around poisoning innocent children. Now, young man, I would ask you your name out of courtesy, but I don't suppose you would give me anything so... identifying. As for scaring you to death, well, I am here to question you politely; so long as I am involved, I can assure you, torture is at least out of the question. If, however, you refuse to cooperate, I will have to call in a necromancer to extract everything you know from your brain posthumously. I think we both wish to avoid that... So why don't you start by telling me about what is in the needle, and who you are working with?"

((OOC: So, Manipulation+Intimidate - and throwing in a WP for good measure: 3,5,6,9,9 plus one autosuccess... Mother of God, the guy might actually experience some heart palpitations. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:57 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Well, there you go - I'm sure there are several who would see an opportunity to, hm, bolster their own personal standing by offering patronage to the family of people in power. Hardly an unheard of scenario."

"Doubt many people know who I'm related too. I mean, I don't really look like royalty." Serge said glancing down at his wrinkled clothing. "But if people wanna throw money at me for getting something drawn by a descendant of Lady Marianna then I'm not complaining. Hell I'd do it for free if they called me something cool like, 'Prince Sergius of Balador' or something like that."

[Westchapel]

Anja wrote:"Tell him you can run errands between him and Miss Bouchard if he lets you teleport here, the Professor apparently favors her though knowing him it have less to do with personality and more that he see potential in her for his precious Science with a capital S."
Liam said with a grunt.
"Oh and don't tell Renee I said anything bad about ehm Science or I will be sleeping in the dog house."
He added with a wry grin.

"That could work. And don't worry, I won't Renee anything." Serge said with a grin.

Anja wrote:"More like Renee's problem until the baby is born, she is pissed Horizon have banned her from flying missions until she gives birth, then once the baby are here it will be both of our problem."
Liam said.
"I am looking forward to it though, taking care of a baby again, ah the sleepless nights...anyway yeah it have been some hectic months."
He agreed and nodded.

"Nothing like seeing a tiny human discovering the wonders of the world for the first time. If only babies could learn to do it with something other than their mouths." Serge said with a chuckle. "Hopefully things will calm down soon. Although I doubt it."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that's what I am afraid of...and all the blood magick..."

"She'll be learning from an expert. It'll be fine.
I'm sure she'll be great at it."
Serge said reassuring the worried father.

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"How's it going?"
The Tytalus asked

"Not bad. I've been drawing mostly these past few months. Excited for the trip tommorow. " Serge replied. "How about you? How are things going on you end?"

Anja wrote:"I hope you did not have to wait long Serge. And yes I am healing though it is going irritatingly slow, well I will not complain I can go to work again, that is enough."

"Speaking of work, How's that going?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:24 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

'At least I know what I'm actually doing down there, unlike most guys.' Nicole quipped back, giving her attacker a contemptuous look. 'Call me if you need me to slam this fucker's balls in a desk drawer or something.' she said to the room in general, then exited the room. 'Oh, and search the guy too... how did we forget how to do that?'

Colin's Post:

On seeing Colin, Nicole gave him a nod and began to wander along the corridor; clearly not wanting to talk within earshot of the prisoner. Once far away enough, she'll lean up against the wall and fish out a packet of cigarettes. 'I was his next target. Was waiting for me at work; normally I'd be there, but wasn't 'cos took the day off to prepare.' lighting a smoke and sending a cloud across the corridor. 'Boss called it in 'cos he was asking for me personally and only ones who have done that so far are a couple of them radical fem types who get off from never getting a guy to do anything for 'em.' giving a little derisive sniff.

'Yeah, I've got the poison. Planning to hand it over to Hadermann and co so they can start pulling it apart. Also the antidote kit, 'cos it's always nice to see what Science the Mirrorshades have come up with.'

'This wasn't my call - it was the Chief who said you were to do the interrogation. Before you bitch at me over the no notice. Anything else...? Oh, yeah. When I say "mafia" and "necromancy" - what result do you get?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm

[Colin's apartment]

"Doubt many people know who I'm related too. I mean, I don't really look like royalty." Serge said glancing down at his wrinkled clothing. "But if people wanna throw money at me for getting something drawn by a descendant of Lady Marianna then I'm not complaining. Hell I'd do it for free if they called me something cool like, 'Prince Sergius of Balador' or something like that."

"I am afraid we do not use royal titles, only the honorific Lord and Lady are at times used to signify a mage of note...you are more than royalty child, you are no mere accident of birth you are a Mage, an Awakened person, Magus is a better title for our kind than any title of royalty."
The Primus lectured proudly.

Colin nodded, "Well, true... Still, best be careful; there are people less than pleasantly disposed toward us, and skeet shooting is a thing..."

"Yes you do have a point there, we are still protected by the Protocols though."
Beatrice said with a slightly wry smile.

He nodded, "Well, true - one must assume the culprits have obscured the exact time and place... but even that creates disturbances that can be spotted. And if my friend's testimony is accurate, the disturbance will ripple up to the point where it shifts the timeline exactly when Anna needs Dr. Mossly the most..." He scratched his ear, "It might be possible to triangulate something from that."

"Not if it is done well, they will not just blot it out like an ink blot in a book that is obvious for all to see young man, they can be fools off course but I would not bet on your chances of spotting the disturbance, these are powerful magi who know there are those on our side able to see changes in time, they will not be careless. It might be possible to triangulate something...might...but it will not be a easy task."
George cautioned.

He frowned, "Ah, please forgive me, I was under the impression he had already passed on when he was found... My condolences."

"No he was found alive, just...lacking...the twins tried to keep him alive, cared for him for a year with him slowly deteriorating until he would not even eat or move without being prodded to it, and then he just stopped living, if what he had been doing for that year could be called that...it was...tragic."
The old mage said in a soft, sad voice.
"It never should have happened."

He nodded, "Of course, it was the fall of the Tremere I somehow thought came closer to the Founding."

"No it happened close after the war with House Diedne."
The Primus explained.

[Westchapel]

"That could work. And don't worry, I won't Renee anything." Serge said with a grin.

"Thanks...she got a temper my wife, she does."
Liam said with a wry smile.

"Nothing like seeing a tiny human discovering the wonders of the world for the first time. If only babies could learn to do it with something other than their mouths." Serge said with a chuckle. "Hopefully things will calm down soon. Although I doubt it."

"Well babies need to scream, and cry and gurgle and we need to comfort them, it is how they get strong lungs and we get to show them we love them."
The Hermetic said.
"I just hope my son will Awaken, my little girl did but there is no guarantee my son will become a mage as he grows up."

"She'll be learning from an expert. It'll be fine.
I'm sure she'll be great at it." Serge said reassuring the worried father.

"I hope you are right Serge and yes she will, she is such a smart little girl."
Liam said proudly.

He grinned wryly, "Well, a little blood and bird droppings are still preferable to, say, frisky houseplants and a thunderstorm in the living room..."

"Well I suspect that will come to."
Liam said and frowned.

He nodded, "Oh, I don't currently have any blades of that alloy - I did make one recently; a Christmas present for a Kiasyd, if you would believe it... but the alloy is something I can make more of, and it's quite a pleasant sheen to it. Very nice for creating custom pieces that need a little better edge than pure silver could ever hold."

"I have no idea what a Kiasyd is but I am sue whatever he or she is they will love it."
The Hermetic said and shrugged.
"Hum...let me talk with Isabel's Mentor about that, she says she is peculiar about blades used for blood magick as opposed to other ritual work, that the blades must be easy to keep clean and have a razor sharp edge to minimize pain, especially for young blood witches, you do not want them to have a bad experience and then not want to draw their own blood again."
He said.
"But it do sound like a possible gift idea."

He nodded, "If we could recruit a faction to our side, like the Orphans and independent Crafts, that would be one thing, but a rogue faction that seems intent on micturating in everyone's cereal to an extent competing with the Fallen, no, we certainly don't need that."

"No we do not need that, what we do need though is more information on this faction."
Liam said.
"Where did you hear about them?"

He smiled thinly at the captive, and loomed a little over him, voice like a steel gauntlet in a very thin silk glove, "Oh, I've survived far worse than a little vitriol from a weakling who goes around poisoning innocent children. Now, young man, I would ask you your name out of courtesy, but I don't suppose you would give me anything so... identifying. As for scaring you to death, well, I am here to question you politely; so long as I am involved, I can assure you, torture is at least out of the question. If, however, you refuse to cooperate, I will have to call in a necromancer to extract everything you know from your brain posthumously. I think we both wish to avoid that... So why don't you start by telling me about what is in the needle, and who you are working with?"

The man looked at you with terrified eyes and gave you his full attention.
"Shit a Necromancer can do that."
He muttered.
"So you are going to kill me then...well I guess that would be expected. Listen man...sorry I called you ugly ehm I...can not really tell you my full name, my first name is Fio...I don't know what is in the shots, I was just told to go and jab as many as I could from the list, do it as stealthy as possible so they would not notice, we even got those tiny, coated needles they use for diabetic kids so it will not hurt, I was just told what to do not what is in it,that is over my pay grade."
He said hurriedly.
"I really can't tell you any more."

'At least I know what I'm actually doing down there, unlike most guys.' Nicole quipped back, giving her attacker a contemptuous look. 'Call me if you need me to slam this fucker's balls in a desk drawer or something.' she said to the room in general, then exited the room. 'Oh, and search the guy too... how did we forget how to do that?'

"Yeah...that might be necessary."
Liam grunted as he gave the prisoner a sour look.
"I think we forgot because we where hit with a stupid stick for a moment, I won't tell if you won't."
Ty said and face palmed.
"The Chief would give us such a lecture if he found out we forgot to search the bastard.

[Cafe]

"Not bad. I've been drawing mostly these past few months. Excited for the trip tommorow. " Serge replied. "How about you? How are things going on you end?"

"Eager to see the wonders of Horizon eh? Just remember to also be careful Serge, it is a wonderful place but that realm is also full of cut troat politics and magick you want no part of."
Your Mentor warned.
"Oh all is well, I started going to the office again today, it is good to be back at work."
She said and smiled.

"Speaking of work, How's that going?" Serge asked curiously.

"Well it is nice to be back at my office and seeing my patients, I have been working with Awakened patients from my sick bed at the Chantry but non mage patients have had to wait, but now I am well enough to start working half days, I should be back to full work load in a month or so."
She said and smiled, speaking in a hushed tone of voice so nearby sleepers would not overhear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:59 pm

[Colin's apartment]

"I could do that. Wouldn't be too hard." Serge said thoughtfully. "And I already gave my great grandmentor a drawing for her birthday. Her assistant said she loved it and I was given a free pass to the cult of Ectasty pocket realm on Horizon."

"I have heard that is a "bucket list" item for many a mage."

"It is easy to make lunches as well which can simply be brought along and eaten when it is time for it."
Beatrice said.

"At least it seems we'll eat well enough."

"Sending a spirit means also sending a request to Horizon to let it enter, if you fear a letter will end up in the wrong hands then sending a spirit will be as dangerous, we have the choice of waiting until we get to Horizon ourselves or trusting a messenger, spiritual or physical."
The Primus said simply.
"Maybe so, if our foes have not hid what point they will attack Dr Mosley, it is what I would do if I where assassinating someone, so finding the exact point might not be as easy as you think Mr Wainwright."
The Primus said.

"It definitely would not be good for him. Good luck then, amicus. I hope you figure this out."

The Primus raised an eyebrow at what he read and wrote back.

He showed the exchange to Colin.

"Anything could be possible in another timeline."
"Poor man."
e frowned, "Ah, please forgive me, I was under the impression he had already passed on when he was found... My condolences."
"No he was found alive, just...lacking...the twins tried to keep him alive, cared for him for a year with him slowly deteriorating until he would not even eat or move without being prodded to it, and then he just stopped living, if what he had been doing for that year could be called that...it was...tragic."
The old mage said in a soft, sad voice.
"It never should have happened."

"Asking about the timelines might be something to ask your new friend," he suggested. "Perhaps I am wrong. We shall see but there is definitely something and with all this timeline stuff; who is to say that someone else didn't think it should happen?" he said with a frown. Then he gave Beatrice a concerned look as she left and winced. "Pardon," he said to both of them.

"I think just the act of the magick is the most important, he was practical in many ways. Though overlooking an ocean is nice."

"Yes...woe to the ones who try to back us into it."
Beatrice agreed.
"I will protect you Adley."
She promised.
"I will keep you safe.

"I'm the older brother I'm supposed to say that," he teased. Then added, "But you awakened first," he conceded.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"It is good to see you Adley I trust that you and our Pater is well?"
Helena said as she got into the car.
"I hear Master Morgan have a new student and he is my age is that true uncle Adley?"
Stephen asked and Helena turned and gave her an apprentice a rather stern look and the boy added.
"Ehm...Mr Roth Hicks I mean, sorry about that...so is it true?"

"He is, but as always there's a ton of stuff going on, and more with this trip of course. Yes, he has, and yes, he is, and you both will meet him. Since you're here, you know that things are a little...well, complicated and I'm sure you have some questions about that. But it might be best to talk about them when we're at home."

"That is quite understandable, these last few years where I have served as Security Chief for Chantry Talana in San Francisco I have seen how much work the job is, I will look forward to seeing our pater at dinner."
Helena said.

He pulled away and headed for the exit to the highway. "I would like to visit sometime, once things settle down again."

"Ehm...what about pizza, for food I mean?"
The young boy requested and Helena sigh.
"He is fond of his junk food."
She said with a small shake of her head.
"Anything will be fine with me brother, we can eat at whatever place you recommend."
Your sister said as she settled into her seat.

"Our pater did say somewhere nice. Santarpio's has good pizza, not very fancy but good. And there's Kelley Square, they have pizza and other stuff too."

// What is Stephen's last name? Also, did Colin ever invite Adley to that wedding or was that later in the year and not in downtime (I forgot about that).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next