Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 4 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Adley Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:56 am

[George's Cambers]

"Ehm...yes and...no, not on your phone but at the same time there are indications that you have sent a message across the Gauntlet."
The Virtual Adept said and he looked a little confused.

He nodded at that.

"Yes it could be, if something unfortunate had happened to a person in the timeline which is bleeding over then that might affect the same person in our timeline ."
George replied.

"How can we figure out which one and how to stop it?" he frowned.

"I am not sure evacuating the room will help, tell me do you know where Mr Wainwright's apprentice is located, if this begun in her Mentor's room this is likely one of the timelines he have changed and especially one changed timeline did not go well for her."

'Oh, damn...yes, she's in her apartment, sir." His eyes widened in alarm.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 4 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:33 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"Not to the same degree Serge, it is not that simple, it is the devices. Here is the thing, something fun CAN be addicting but there is a science behind making something addicting, something the wast majority of toys do not follow, it have to do with quick rewards, instant gratification and a system that makes the brain feel good, just like when taking a drug or for that matter eating chocolate. Things that stimulate these parts of the brain are far more addictive than for example a doll where you have to play make believe with it"
Beatrice said and shook her head.

"There is a science to making anything addictive. In fact toys were the start of the whole 'getting kids addicted' type of marketing. Way before moblie phones were even invented. Hell collectible toys are what inspires a lot of mobile games today." Serge said.

"That doll is advertised on tv as being the greatest thing in the world. The box is colorful to attract the kids attention. The style, design, slogan, and everything about the toy is rigorously tested to make sure adhere to the kids psychology and get them hooked on the toy. The kids are told over and over again that they need this or they won't be as good as others who have the toy. This gets stuck in their head and they keep asking their parents for the toy until their parents finally give." Serge explained. "Your drugs comparison is quite apt. The thing is is that everything can be a drug for anybody. Phones don't hold any special importance to anything else. It's up to the person or their guardian to make sure they use it responsibly. Everything in moderation. Its always been like that."

Anja wrote:"Yes I suspect Mr Darehill can at that, he is great with Time magick I hear."
Kyle said and nodded.

"He's amazing. I asked him to show me some cool tricks of his and he said that he already knew I was gonna say that!" Serge said excitedly. "Of course he could've been lying to me. But he could've also used his amazing Time Wizard skills to foretell what questions I was gonna ask him. I prefer the latter."

Anja wrote:"Well I guess I feel a bit off...but then again I do have a heart that do not always do what it is supposed to, it will probably pass Sir."
Anna said and Beatrice frowned.
"Are you sure child? If you need to lay down for a bit that is perfectly fine."
The Verbna asked but Anna shook her head.
"No...no I am fine, let us continue the game."

"Adley did just say that weird stuff might happen. That includes weird stuff happening to us as well. And if my tv shows have taught me anything is that people don't just say stuff like that and then nothing happens." Serge said still looking worried.

"But if your certain your alright then we can continue. Kyle's up next." Serge said keeping an eye on Anna.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:13 am

[Driving]

'Nope... only if it is done secretly and tracks them outside of work.' Nicole retorted. 'They can't bury a chip in your ass, but can make you wear a nametag or company ID on a lanyard with it in. Naturally, something's only "illegal" when proven by lawyers, and who buys in the best lawyers wins.'

"Well now that is quite disturbing."
Adjan said and frowned.
"And yes the American justice system is rather corrupt."
He agreed.

He nodded, "I... suspect, admittedly with very little solid information, that the implants themselves do not cause further damage in their disabled state, though I would hazard a high fever could cause permanent damage to nerve tissue - the brain included."

"Yes I do believe a prolonged high fever can lead to nerve damage, as for the implants, we just do not know and we are just speculating."
Adjan replied.

He grinned, "Well, most want their ice cream, I think - but I see no reason why we can't treat ourselves while we're here anyway."

"Ice cream and murderer hunting...well I guess that makes for a unique morning at least."
Adjan joked.

He frowned, "The size of the chips do limit the amount of information they can store and transmit, though - and I do believe most commercially available sensors don't have the capability to filter the information from the chips beyond that of the store alarms that go off if someone passes a checkpoint with an active chip with a specific signal. And paradoxically, the sheer amount of RFID chips out there can work to our advantage if we're beingtracked with them - the noise to signal ratio has to be ridiculous by this stage. Of course, I have my own little rote which plays merry hell with any such signal anyway, though I don't like to keep it up all the time - it impedes the phone signal, too..."
He sighed, "And as with all technologies, the chips themselves are ethically neutral; it's the companies and people who use them who determine whether the application is ethically sound or unsound..."

"That is true it is the abuse of technology which is the problem. It is like with a knife, you can use it to cook with, or stab someone, and the technology have valid uses but I am concerned about using it to control workers."
The death magus said and frowned.

He nodded, "The little glued-in strips with a chip inside, yes. That's the fairly large and clunky variant; they come a lot smaller and subtler."
He calmly drove the car up past the café and found a parking spot where it would be easy to get back out quickly, "This would be the place, yes. Shall we, then?"

"Yes so I understand from Miss Bouchard's explanations, yes indeed we should go."
Adjan said and he got out of the car with some difficulty and supported himself on his crutch.

[George's Cambers]

"How can we figure out which one and how to stop it?" he frowned.

"I will try to see what I can do to figure that out."
George said and he took a fresh sheet of paper.
"As for stopping it, we need to find the source of the disturbance then I can try, and do mark I said try to set things right."

Oh, damn...yes, she's in her apartment, sir." His eyes widened in alarm.

"The child should probably be checked on yes just to be sure."
The ancient magus said.

[Colin's Apartment]

"There is a science to making anything addictive. In fact toys were the start of the whole 'getting kids addicted' type of marketing. Way before moblie phones were even invented. Hell collectible toys are what inspires a lot of mobile games today." Serge said.

"That doll is advertised on tv as being the greatest thing in the world. The box is colorful to attract the kids attention. The style, design, slogan, and everything about the toy is rigorously tested to make sure adhere to the kids psychology and get them hooked on the toy. The kids are told over and over again that they need this or they won't be as good as others who have the toy. This gets stuck in their head and they keep asking their parents for the toy until their parents finally give." Serge explained. "Your drugs comparison is quite apt. The thing is is that everything can be a drug for anybody. Phones don't hold any special importance to anything else. It's up to the person or their guardian to make sure they use it responsibly. Everything in moderation. Its always been like that."

"I am not disputing that toy companies do not use psychology to try to sell their product, so do stores, so do everyone, the difference is how effective the methods are. If you see breakfast series with catchy adds and in bright boxes sure you will get more sales but it will still not have the addictive effect of heroin. Sure everything in moderation the problem is moderation is not happening and more and more, kids and adults spend their lives with a screen in their hand going from one bit of content to the next, and that is why I think these phones are a ploy by the Union, there is no point to dream and be creative when your device will do it for you."
"And they can not be compared to a doll, sure a kid might want that new toy and be delighted when they get it and play allot with it for a while but they are not drawn in as with phones, and dolls do not have the same instant gratification focus as most content on phones do."

"He's amazing. I asked him to show me some cool tricks of his and he said that he already knew I was gonna say that!" Serge said excitedly. "Of course he could've been lying to me. But he could've also used his amazing Time Wizard skills to foretell what questions I was gonna ask him. I prefer the latter."

"Master Steelhaven is an true Archmage who have moved beyond mastery of a Sphere."
Beatrice said.
"He is immensely powerful and despite having godlike powers he is kind and humble, he is a good man."

"Adley did just say that weird stuff might happen. That includes weird stuff happening to us as well. And if my tv shows have taught me anything is that people don't just say stuff like that and then nothing happens." Serge said still looking worried.

"If I get worse I will got and get that oxygen mask thing Dr Lee want me to use frequently, it looks really stupid but it do help."
Anna promised.

"But if your certain your alright then we can continue. Kyle's up next." Serge said keeping an eye on Anna.

Kyle took his die and rolled, he ended on a blank space and his character ended up being attacked by a swarm of giant ants, in the middle of the saving through though Anna suddenly stood up.
"Forgive me."
She said as she ran to the bathroom and you could hear her eptying her breakfast into the loo.
"I will look in on her...call Dr Lee just to be safe."
Beatrice said as she hurried to the bathroom to check on Anna.
"Child I am coming in...how are you feeling?"
She said beore she opened the door. Kyle looked rather concerned.
"Should I do something?"
He asked.
"Call Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: Well that post was made harder to write by my cat's insistence of stepping on the keyboard, she wanted to join in the game I think.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:22 am

[George's Cambers]

"The child should probably be checked on yes just to be sure." The ancient magus said.

He nodded, got his stuff and the phones and stood up, putting his bag over a shoulder. "Yes sir," he said. "We should probably call Colin soon, too," he added, looking worried now.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 am

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"I am not disputing that toy companies do not use psychology to try to sell their product, so do stores, so do everyone, the difference is how effective the methods are. If you see breakfast series with catchy adds and in bright boxes sure you will get more sales but it will still not have the addictive effect of heroin. Sure everything in moderation the problem is moderation is not happening and more and more, kids and adults spend their lives with a screen in their hand going from one bit of content to the next, and that is why I think these phones are a ploy by the Union, there is no point to dream and be creative when your device will do it for you."
"And they can not be compared to a doll, sure a kid might want that new toy and be delighted when they get it and play allot with it for a while but they are not drawn in as with phones, and dolls do not have the same instant gratification focus as most content on phones do."

"Everything is a ploy by the Union if you look at it in a certain way. Especially since the Syndicate is part of the Union." Serge said with a shrug. "I still think my point stands. Blaming the substance is never the right answer. Every time we've done that it's only ended badly. Kids still dream and play even if it looks different to how we used to do it."

Then with a sigh Serge said, "But who knows. Maybe I'm biased. After all, I owe my whole magickal existance to this little guy right here..., he began waving his own smartphone in the air, , and the massive amount of content it and the TV brings. Seeing the works of millions of creative minds all one after the other helped me see the true power of imagination in this world. That's literally how I became a mage. The start of the journey anyways."

Anja wrote:"Master Steelhaven is an true Archmage who have moved beyond mastery of a Sphere."
Beatrice said.
"He is immensely powerful and despite having godlike powers he is kind and humble, he is a good man."

"I remember him telling me that Mind was the first sphere he mastered. I wonder if he could teach me something...." Serge said longingly.

Anja wrote:Kyle took his die and rolled, he ended on a blank space and his character ended up being attacked by a swarm of giant ants, in the middle of the saving through though Anna suddenly stood up.
"Forgive me."
She said as she ran to the bathroom and you could hear her eptying her breakfast into the loo.
"I will look in on her...call Dr Lee just to be safe."
Beatrice said as she hurried to the bathroom to check on Anna.
"Child I am coming in...how are you feeling?"
She said beore she opened the door. Kyle looked rather concerned.
"Should I do something?"
He asked.
"Call Mr Wainwright?"

Serge gritted his teeth, looking just as concerned about Anna as Kyle was. "Dr. Lee is at work. I'll call Master Nassa. But first we'll send a message to Mr. Wainwright and to Adley. He's the one who told us something odd was happening so he's probably more informed on how to deal with it." Serge said pulling out his phone. If Kyle had no objection to his plans he would begin sending two messages.

The first hastily-written text was sent to Adley:

"Something odd just happened! Anna looking pale then she started vomiting! Do you know what's happening? This doesn't seem time-related. Also if you could bring Master Nassa that'd be great."

The second was sent to Colin:

"Not to alarm you but Anna started vomiting all of a sudden. Do you have any idea as to why she's sick?"

Then he dialed and called Master Nassa.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 am

[Colin's Room]

"Everything is a ploy by the Union if you look at it in a certain way. Especially since the Syndicate is part of the Union." Serge said with a shrug. "I still think my point stands. Blaming the substance is never the right answer. Every time we've done that it's only ended badly. Kids still dream and play even if it looks different to how we used to do it."

"Sometimes Serge the substance is the problem, as with for example heroin, there are allot of illegal drugs that are not dangerous is used in moderation, and even heroin have it's uses as a potent painkiller, however using it regularly then it is a problem. And no kids are not really playing, they have their nose in their phones being entertained by it rather than dreaming for themselves. Remember the Union are not stupid, making a hard, cold world like the one in for example Equilibrium will just not catch on, it is far easier to get people to give up their dreams one app at the time instead."
Beatrice argues and she shook her head.

Then with a sigh Serge said, "But who knows. Maybe I'm biased. After all, I owe my whole magickal existance to this little guy right here..., he began waving his own smartphone in the air, , and the massive amount of content it and the TV brings. Seeing the works of millions of creative minds all one after the other helped me see the true power of imagination in this world. That's literally how I became a mage. The start of the journey anyways."

"I have a tablet as well to draw on and a computer, it is not that the technology exist which are the problem Serge remember the Adepts use it as well, however the technology are addictive and if one are not careful it will eat your entire life."
The young Verbena said.
"Look at it like heroin, if used to stop pain it is a good drug but it is addictive and if one do not monitor it very carefully you create a bigger problem than you had originally."

"I remember him telling me that Mind was the first sphere he mastered. I wonder if he could teach me something...." Serge said longingly.

"You could always ask him Sir."
Anna said and smiled.
"Master Steelhaven is coming to dinner with me and my dad and Freddy tonight."
She said.
"I have so many questions for him."

Serge gritted his teeth, looking just as concerned about Anna as Kyle was. "Dr. Lee is at work. I'll call Master Nassa. But first we'll send a message to Mr. Wainwright and to Adley. He's the one who told us something odd was happening so he's probably more informed on how to deal with it." Serge said pulling out his phone. If Kyle had no objection to his plans he would begin sending two messages.

Kyle did not have an objection the only thing he could do right now was keep quiet and out of the way while the ones who could do something to help Anna did so and that is what he did.

Then he dialed and called Master Nassa.

The Verbena healer quickly replied.
"Yes it is I...what can I do for you Mr Yager?"

[George's Cambers]

He nodded, got his stuff and the phones and stood up, putting his bag over a shoulder. "Yes sir," he said. "We should probably call Colin soon, too," he added, looking worried now.

"Let me do my divination to see if I can find the exact placement of this disturbance while you two young men check on the people in Mr Wainwright's chambers and also give the man a call."
George said. Narim nodded to that.
"We will be back then...if you call your Cabalmate Adley?"
He said. It was about that time Adley got a text message from Serge.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 am

[On The Trail]
Anja wrote:"Yes I do believe a prolonged high fever can lead to nerve damage, as for the implants, we just do not know and we are just speculating."
Adjan replied.
Colin nodded, "So we are - but the impression I got was that the implants shut down, rather than suffered power surges that discharged into the victim. Hence my inclination to believe the implants cause no further injury themselves."

Anja wrote:"Ice cream and murderer hunting...well I guess that makes for a unique morning at least."
Adjan joked.
He shrugged, "Beats mopping up after and hunting the Fallen, I guess..."

Anja wrote:"Well now that is quite disturbing."
Adjan said and frowned.
"And yes the American justice system is rather corrupt."
He agreed.
He frowned, "Well, the US elects, what, over four out of five judges? I'm a staunch supporter of democracy, but it has no place in determining someone's judicial suitability."

Anja wrote:"That is true it is the abuse of technology which is the problem. It is like with a knife, you can use it to cook with, or stab someone, and the technology have valid uses but I am concerned about using it to control workers."
He nodded, "Does it help if I say I've never surreptitiously handed one to Miss Jones? While she does have a small nametag, it's a completely inert piece of plastic. Hm, come to think of it, I suppose I really ought to make her one in silver; advertising my own products and all that..."

Anja wrote:"Yes so I understand from Miss Bouchard's explanations, yes indeed we should go."
Adjan said and he got out of the car with some difficulty and supported himself on his crutch.
He nodded and got out of the car, swiftly stepping around to give Adjan a hand.

Jeremy wrote:The second was sent to Colin:

"Not to alarm you but Anna started vomiting all of a sudden. Do you have any idea as to why she's sick?"
He picked up the phone at the little chirp, and scanned the message, frowning, "What the hell...?"
He quickly tapped a response, 'Get Nassa; ask Beatrice to begin examination; my parental consent granted. Keep me posted.'
He pocketed the phone again, glancing at Adjan and Nicole, "Anna's sick... completely out of the blue. She's in good hands, though, but if she gets worse, I may have to change my priorities a little..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:13 am

[On The Trail]

Colin nodded, "So we are - but the impression I got was that the implants shut down, rather than suffered power surges that discharged into the victim. Hence my inclination to believe the implants cause no further injury themselves."

"I guess then the only way it would do more damage is if the implants handle important bodily functions."
Adjan said and he glanced over at Nicole.
"But I think we have someone here who know more about such things than you or I, Miss Bouchard's Tradition do have some history with cybernetics after all."

He shrugged, "Beats mopping up after and hunting the Fallen, I guess..."

"Yes...that it do...fuck the Nephandi."
The Euthanathos said and frowned.
"Not that this situation is not bad enough."

He frowned, "Well, the US elects, what, over four out of five judges? I'm a staunch supporter of democracy, but it has no place in determining someone's judicial suitability."

"I agree my main concern though is this where if you have money you can hire expert witnesses and a good laywer and if you do not you get a public defender who might have 50 other cases and just do nto have time to devote to your defense, that is just unfair. When I was on trial as a teenager, I had a defender, a social worker helping me since I was a minor at the time and all the witnesses where compensated for their time by the state, the trial was fair even if I did not have any money, then again that was Europe. I sudder to think what had become of me if I had been born in America."
Adjan said softly.

He nodded, "Does it help if I say I've never surreptitiously handed one to Miss Jones? While she does have a small nametag, it's a completely inert piece of plastic. Hm, come to think of it, I suppose I really ought to make her one in silver; advertising my own products and all that..."

"A name tag in silver would be classy and she is a nice lady, she is the clerk working in your shop right? I was in there the other day to get a gift for Fran, her birthday is next week."
The death magus commented and he nodded in agreement.

He nodded and got out of the car, swiftly stepping around to give Adjan a hand.

"Thank you...damn I hate this bust leg so much."
The Euthanathos complained.

He picked up the phone at the little chirp, and scanned the message, frowning, "What the hell...?"
He quickly tapped a response, 'Get Nassa; ask Beatrice to begin examination; my parental consent granted. Keep me posted.'
He pocketed the phone again, glancing at Adjan and Nicole, "Anna's sick... completely out of the blue. She's in good hands, though, but if she gets worse, I may have to change my priorities a little..."

"That is not good news, just say the word Mr Wainwright and I will have you back to the Chantry through the Umbra in ten minutes."
Adjan said and frowned.
"Is it her heart?"
He asked, as you put your phone back in your pocket it hit something hard, and there should not be anything hard in that pocket, just a hankerchief and a small loose button from one of your shirts that needed to be sewn back on and you just needed five minutes with Anna out the door to get it done, but there was a hollow thump when you put the phone back in your pocket.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am

[On The Trail]
Anja wrote:"I guess then the only way it would do more damage is if the implants handle important bodily functions."
Adjan said and he glanced over at Nicole.
"But I think we have someone here who know more about such things than you or I, Miss Bouchard's Tradition do have some history with cybernetics after all."
Colin nodded, "What do you think, Nicole? Would a bionic implant in full shutdown be likely to cause tissue damage?"

Anja wrote:"I agree my main concern though is this where if you have money you can hire expert witnesses and a good laywer and if you do not you get a public defender who might have 50 other cases and just do nto have time to devote to your defense, that is just unfair. When I was on trial as a teenager, I had a defender, a social worker helping me since I was a minor at the time and all the witnesses where compensated for their time by the state, the trial was fair even if I did not have any money, then again that was Europe. I sudder to think what had become of me if I had been born in America."
Adjan said softly.
He nodded, "Again, that would play right into the hands of an elected judge - worse yet, if it were an election year, you would have been even worse off, since the judge would feel a need to be 'hard on crime' on top of everything else..."

Anja wrote:"A name tag in silver would be classy and she is a nice lady, she is the clerk working in your shop right? I was in there the other day to get a gift for Fran, her birthday is next week."
The death magus commented and he nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "That's her. Did you pick anything in particular, or just browse?"

Anja wrote:"That is not good news, just say the word Mr Wainwright and I will have you back to the Chantry through the Umbra in ten minutes."
Adjan said and frowned.
"Is it her heart?"
He asked, as you put your phone back in your pocket it hit something hard, and there should not be anything hard in that pocket, just a hankerchief and a small loose button from one of your shirts that needed to be sewn back on and you just needed five minutes with Anna out the door to get it done, but there was a hollow thump when you put the phone back in your pocket.
He shook his head, "Thank you... It does not seem to be her heart; she suddenly lost her breakfast. I don't recall seeing that as being one of the symptoms of heart failure... but it can cause further complications. I hope it's nothing but a reaction to the stress of my imminent trip, leaving her behind for a few days, combined with concern for Freddy's cousin..."
He frowned at the thunk and dug into the pocket for whatever the phone had hit, "What the hell? I didn't have anything..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:46 am

[On The Trail]

He nodded, "Again, that would play right into the hands of an elected judge - worse yet, if it were an election year, you would have been even worse off, since the judge would feel a need to be 'hard on crime' on top of everything else..."

"Indeed so and mix that with horrible, abusive jails which are sure to make someone worse when they get out then better and you literary have one hell of a system."
The death magus said darkly.
"I was placed in a secure school for young offenders, I was given support and an education and was ready to rejoin society by the time I got out, that would not have happened if I had been born here, and I mean our justice system are far more tough on crime than some places in Europe and still it is far, far better than in USA."

He nodded, "That's her. Did you pick anything in particular, or just browse?"

"Yes a pair of teddy bear earrings, I do think Fran will like them. Your clerk was most helpful."
The Euthanathos said and smiled.

He shook his head, "Thank you... It does not seem to be her heart; she suddenly lost her breakfast. I don't recall seeing that as being one of the symptoms of heart failure... but it can cause further complications. I hope it's nothing but a reaction to the stress of my imminent trip, leaving her behind for a few days, combined with concern for Freddy's cousin..."

"Well nausea can be a sign of heart failure I think, but there are allot of other reasons why one would feel ill, stress being allot more common."
Adjan said.
"I am sure the Verbena will figure out what is wrong."

He frowned at the thunk and dug into the pocket for whatever the phone had hit, "What the hell? I didn't have anything..."

You found an empty syringe in your pocket, the needle where large enough to allow the low of vidcious liquids and some green goo still clung to the sides of the syringe, a bit of blood on the needle, it was exactly the kind you remembered from the timeline you had prevented that you ha used to give Anna the anti magick serum. As you lifted the syringe up to examine it though it vanished from your hand, and then reappeared as if reality could not decide if it existed or not and then it vanished again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 pm

[On The Trail]
Anja wrote:
"Indeed so and mix that with horrible, abusive jails which are sure to make someone worse when they get out then better and you literary have one hell of a system."
The death magus said darkly.
"I was placed in a secure school for young offenders, I was given support and an education and was ready to rejoin society by the time I got out, that would not have happened if I had been born here, and I mean our justice system are far more tough on crime than some places in Europe and still it is far, far better than in USA."
Colin nodded, "There's a lot that needs fixing, to put it mildly..."

Anja wrote:"Yes a pair of teddy bear earrings, I do think Fran will like them. Your clerk was most helpful."
He grinned, "Ah, those. Yes, I imagine she'll approve."

Anja wrote:"Well nausea can be a sign of heart failure I think, but there are allot of other reasons why one would feel ill, stress being allot more common."
Adjan said.
"I am sure the Verbena will figure out what is wrong."
He nodded, halfway absent-minded, "Surely..."

Anja wrote:You found an empty syringe in your pocket, the needle where large enough to allow the low of vidcious liquids and some green goo still clung to the sides of the syringe, a bit of blood on the needle, it was exactly the kind you remembered from the timeline you had prevented that you ha used to give Anna the anti magick serum. As you lifted the syringe up to examine it though it vanished from your hand, and then reappeared as if reality could not decide if it existed or not and then it vanished again.
He stared at the syringe, afraid to blink and find it completely gone again, "What the semi-actual fuck...? Adjan, are you seeing this?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:11 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Sometimes Serge the substance is the problem, as with for example heroin, there are allot of illegal drugs that are not dangerous is used in moderation, and even heroin have it's uses as a potent painkiller, however using it regularly then it is a problem. And no kids are not really playing, they have their nose in their phones being entertained by it rather than dreaming for themselves. Remember the Union are not stupid, making a hard, cold world like the one in for example Equilibrium will just not catch on, it is far easier to get people to give up their dreams one app at the time instead."
Beatrice argues and she shook her head.
Anja wrote:"I have a tablet as well to draw on and a computer, it is not that the technology exist which are the problem Serge remember the Adepts use it as well, however the technology are addictive and if one are not careful it will eat your entire life."
The young Verbena said.
"Look at it like heroin, if used to stop pain it is a good drug but it is addictive and if one do not monitor it very carefully you create a bigger problem than you had originally."

"You just said it yourself. Technology isn't the problem. Heroin can be a painkiller but if someone missuses it than it'll screw them up. That's not the fault of the Heroin that's the fault of the guy using it. Multiple substances can be used as an example for that and it's never the fault of the substance." Serge said shaking his head. "If kids misuse the gifts their given that'll be on them and on their parents. But these devices have increased the number of dreamers in the world rather than decreasing it. By showing kids a world far beyond their own. By giving them a bigger stage to dream on. Teaching them the skills to bring their dreams to reality."

Anja wrote:The Verbena healer quickly replied.
"Yes it is I...what can I do for you Mr Yager?"

Serge wasted no time in explaining what happened, "Anna just started vomiting. Do you think you can come over to Mr. Wainwright room and come check on her?"

Colin wrote:He picked up the phone at the little chirp, and scanned the message, frowning, "What the hell...?"

Once Serge was done with the call to Master Nassa he looked at the reply and then said to Beatrice, "Yo Bee. Mr. Wainwright gave his consent for you to begin examining Anna."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:29 pm

[Driving]

Colin's Post:

Anja's Posts:

'Of course. But all this shit has been snuck in without any discussion or anything. And that's the problem. Getting to the stage where we've already built everything to make this a complete police state overnight, all it needs is someone in a big office to say "make it so".'

Colin's Post:

'Main problem is not the judge, but the laws and the lawyers. Laws are written in favour of those they're supposed to stop. And the rich can afford many lawyers. It's a usual tactic to drag out the trial as long as possible, just to make the other side run out of green, so they have to give up.' Nicole replied acidly.

Anja's Post:

'Answer that one, I can.' Nicole replied. 'You'll get charged with any crime which could be pinned on you, as well as the ones you've actually guilty of. Dent that backlog of "unsolved crimes", right? You'll then be assigned Lionel Hutz who's got a stupidly large workload. The prosecution will then offer you a plea bargain; accept all the "crimes" you've committed, and get a reduction in sentence. Hutz will press you to accept, 'cos a plea trial is only a fifth as long and they still get paid the same. That's assuming they're not actually being paid off. Then you're packed off to child prison to get all the zonk-out drugs until you turn 18 or they deign to release you.'

Anja's Post:

'Prisons are a great business. Great source of slave labour. In fact, better than slave labour 'cos you get paid to have the slaves.'

Colin's Post:

'There's no need. She's one person, and you're usually in the same room. You don't employ five hundred and sit in a plush office far away from the ordinaries.'

[Coffee Shop]

Colin's Posts:

Anja's Post:

Nicole got out of the car, pulling her coat a little tighter as she looked around.

Colin's Post:

'Hmm?' turning to look at Colin.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:41 pm

[On The Trail]

'Of course. But all this shit has been snuck in without any discussion or anything. And that's the problem. Getting to the stage where we've already built everything to make this a complete police state overnight, all it needs is someone in a big office to say "make it so".'

"Yes that seams to be so and I worry the Union will be that big office giving the final command."
Adjan agreed darkly.

'Main problem is not the judge, but the laws and the lawyers. Laws are written in favour of those they're supposed to stop. And the rich can afford many lawyers. It's a usual tactic to drag out the trial as long as possible, just to make the other side run out of green, so they have to give up.' Nicole replied acidly.

"Justice should not be about money then it is no longer justice, the rich should have no greater chance of winning a trial than the poor."
The death magus said.
"The system is not a fair and balanced one."

'Answer that one, I can.' Nicole replied. 'You'll get charged with any crime which could be pinned on you, as well as the ones you've actually guilty of. Dent that backlog of "unsolved crimes", right? You'll then be assigned Lionel Hutz who's got a stupidly large workload. The prosecution will then offer you a plea bargain; accept all the "crimes" you've committed, and get a reduction in sentence. Hutz will press you to accept, 'cos a plea trial is only a fifth as long and they still get paid the same. That's assuming they're not actually being paid off. Then you're packed off to child prison to get all the zonk-out drugs until you turn 18 or they deign to release you.'

"That is not how it worked in my homeland, I did go to a sort of child prison, and the doors where locked at night and there where guards but it was more a school than a prison, with outings, the conditions was fair and when I came out I had an education and well magick since one of the social workers working at the place had taken me as his apprentice. I was also actually guilty of the crime I went to trial for."
Adjan said softly.

'Prisons are a great business. Great source of slave labour. In fact, better than slave labour 'cos you get paid to have the slaves.'

"Yes...I have read about American for profit prisons, that is not right and it only give intensive to have more prisoners when there is money to earn on it."
The death magus commented darkly.

Colin nodded, "There's a lot that needs fixing, to put it mildly..."

"Yes there is, there are very little justice in the American justice system."
Adjan agreed sourly.

He grinned, "Ah, those. Yes, I imagine she'll approve."

"Yeah I imagine she will."
"I wanted to get her something extra after she was shot."

He nodded, halfway absent-minded, "Surely..."

"Well our Verbena are quite good at what they do."
The death magus said.

He stared at the syringe, afraid to blink and find it completely gone again, "What the semi-actual fuck...? Adjan, are you seeing this?"

Adjan stared at the syringe which decided to appear again before vanishing again.
"I am...seeing it but what the hell is it? Well I see what it is but what is going on with it?"
He exclaimed.

[Colin's Room]

"You just said it yourself. Technology isn't the problem. Heroin can be a painkiller but if someone missuses it than it'll screw them up. That's not the fault of the Heroin that's the fault of the guy using it. Multiple substances can be used as an example for that and it's never the fault of the substance." Serge said shaking his head.

"Not as such, however something are so addicting that it was clearly made to be that way and is something one should not give to children."
Beatrice said.
"Heroin can be used as a painkiller but I would not give it to a child unless we where trapped somewhere my magick did not work, they where terribly injured and there was no other choice for example."

"If kids misuse the gifts their given that'll be on them and on their parents. But these devices have increased the number of dreamers in the world rather than decreasing it. By showing kids a world far beyond their own. By giving them a bigger stage to dream on. Teaching them the skills to bring their dreams to reality."

"I can not agree to that Serge, they are not dreaming they are consuming content, to be able to dream one need a bit of time to well...dreams. Nintendo machines and other gaming devices might have done as you say but not smart phones, it is opium to the people and little else the way they are used today."
The Verbena declared.

Serge wasted no time in explaining what happened, "Anna just started vomiting. Do you think you can come over to Mr. Wainwright room and come check on her."

"I am on my way Mr Yager, my apprentice is there yes? Tell her to check her pulse, I doubt this is anything serious but I will come over to make sure, your job is to keep young Kyle calm wile Beatrice works, he will be concerned for his friend."
The older Verbena said and you heard him picking something up and then leaving his apartment.

Once Serge was done with the call to Master Nassa he looked at the reply. "Yo Bee. Mr. Wainwright said gave his consent for you to begin examining Anna."

"Good...thanks I will see what I can do."
Beatrice said from inside of the bathroom.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:23 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"I can not agree to that Serge, they are not dreaming they are consuming content, to be able to dream one need a bit of time to well...dreams. Nintendo machines and other gaming devices might have done as you say but not smart phones, it is opium to the people and little else the way they are used today."
The Verbena declared.

"Looks like we've reached an impasse. Ah well. We can't agree on everything. If everyone had the same opinions then the world would get dull fast." Serge said with a shrug and then smiled. "That conversation took a strange turn. It started on VHS tapes."

Anja wrote:"I am on my way Mr Yager, my apprentice is there yes? Tell her to check her pulse, I doubt this is anything serious but I will come over to make sure, your job is to keep young Kyle calm wile Beatrice works, he will be concerned for his friend."
The older Verbena said and you heard him picking something up and then leaving his apartment.
Anja wrote:"Good...thanks I will see what I can do."
Beatrice said from inside of the bathroom.

"Sure thing." Serge said nodding as if the elder mage was right in front of him. "Hey Bee!" he said raising his voice slightly so that Beatrice could hear him from the bathroom, "Master Nassa said to check her pulse and keep doing what you doing."

After he had relayed the various messages he looked at Kyle, confident that the widderslainte didn't need any calming down. From what he had seen Kyle was made of tough stuff. But he still wanted to check how the young mage was handling all of this.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:41 pm

[Driving]
Nicole wrote:'Of course. But all this shit has been snuck in without any discussion or anything. And that's the problem. Getting to the stage where we've already built everything to make this a complete police state overnight, all it needs is someone in a big office to say "make it so".'
Anja wrote:"Yes that seams to be so and I worry the Union will be that big office giving the final command."
Adjan agreed darkly.
Colin frowned, "Well, we'll have to see what one can to silence that particular word..."

Nicole wrote:'Main problem is not the judge, but the laws and the lawyers. Laws are written in favour of those they're supposed to stop. And the rich can afford many lawyers. It's a usual tactic to drag out the trial as long as possible, just to make the other side run out of green, so they have to give up.' Nicole replied acidly.
Anja wrote:"Justice should not be about money then it is no longer justice, the rich should have no greater chance of winning a trial than the poor."
The death magus said.
"The system is not a fair and balanced one."
He nodded thoughtfully, "It's not... it can, I suppose, still be salvaged, but right now, it's dreadfully skewed in favour of the wealthy. There was a comment I saw a while back, about how 'punishable by fines' really meant 'legal for rich people'..."

Nicole wrote:'Answer that one, I can.' Nicole replied. 'You'll get charged with any crime which could be pinned on you, as well as the ones you've actually guilty of. Dent that backlog of "unsolved crimes", right? You'll then be assigned Lionel Hutz who's got a stupidly large workload. The prosecution will then offer you a plea bargain; accept all the "crimes" you've committed, and get a reduction in sentence. Hutz will press you to accept, 'cos a plea trial is only a fifth as long and they still get paid the same. That's assuming they're not actually being paid off. Then you're packed off to child prison to get all the zonk-out drugs until you turn 18 or they deign to release you.'
Anja wrote:"That is not how it worked in my homeland, I did go to a sort of child prison, and the doors where locked at night and there where guards but it was more a school than a prison, with outings, the conditions was fair and when I came out I had an education and well magick since one of the social workers working at the place had taken me as his apprentice. I was also actually guilty of the crime I went to trial for."
Adjan said softly.
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, you just might be exaggerating just a little there, Nicole - Adjan is quite white, after all..."

Nicole wrote:'Prisons are a great business. Great source of slave labour. In fact, better than slave labour 'cos you get paid to have the slaves.'
Anja wrote:"Yes...I have read about American for profit prisons, that is not right and it only give intensive to have more prisoners when there is money to earn on it."
The death magus commented darkly.
He nodded, "That's one aspect of the justice system that's got to go. Private enterprise has no business being in the judicial system."
He frowned, "Or for that matter, healthcare, or firefighting, or other necessary functions... Ah, that's a debate for another time. I suppose we can overthrow the government another day..."

Nicole wrote:'There's no need. She's one person, and you're usually in the same room. You don't employ five hundred and sit in a plush office far away from the ordinaries.'
He glanced back at her in the mirror, "Well, half right, at least... Usually, she's in the shop, so I can be downstairs in the workshop. Though I do have a surveillance camera upstairs, so I can keep an eye on things, just in case. Not a single violent robbery in nearly twenty years, though, and just a single burglary... Hum, I should mark the twentieth anniversary of the shop, I suppose - ah, that's still next year, I think... Best double-check."

[Coffee Shop]
Nicole wrote:'Hmm?' turning to look at Colin.
Anja wrote:Adjan stared at the syringe which decided to appear again before vanishing again.
"I am...seeing it but what the hell is it? Well I see what it is but what is going on with it?"
He exclaimed.
He stared in puzzlement, "That's... one of the syringes I used to restrain Anna in the other timeline, when I hadn't attained the collar... it shouldn't exist in this timeline... or more precisely, it shouldn't exist in its used... oh, bugger... That's what the Chief meant, then..."
He frowned, "If this is appearing and Anna is getting sick, that's... we'll ask about the cameras here, and then I've got to get straight back to Steelhaven."
He carefully pocketed the syringe again and walked toward the café, "Let's go."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Nah. They'll be that plain-looking person standing behind the one giving the command.' Nicole replied, shaking her head. 'And I have a plan for that one...'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Don't tell me what I can or cannot do, tell me how to do what I want to.' she muttered, paraphrasing JP Morgan's order to his lawyers.

Colin's Post:

'Race ain't the issue for most - it's class. Many non-whites are poor. Therefore, they are more likely to be criminals. And the ones who ain't have no means of comeback, so hit away, you fascist doughnut-eaters.' she retorted, in true Marxist fashion.

Anja's Post:

'Well, you ain't in Kansas no more.'

[Coffee Shop]

Colin's Post:

'What... some kind of alternate reality or something?' giving a puzzled frown.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:46 pm

[Driving]

Colin frowned, "Well, we'll have to see what one can to silence that particular word..."

"Indeed so."
Adjan agreed.

He nodded thoughtfully, "It's not... it can, I suppose, still be salvaged, but right now, it's dreadfully skewed in favour of the wealthy. There was a comment I saw a while back, about how 'punishable by fines' really meant 'legal for rich people'..."

"Very much so and there are two reasons why I think, one are the legal corruption in politics so wealthy businesses can bribe politicians and the other is this idea of the American dream, it is nice in wording the problem is that the backside of the idea that if you work hard you can get whatever you want is the illusion that if you are poor you must have done something to deserve it."

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, you just might be exaggerating just a little there, Nicole - Adjan is quite white, after all..."

Race ain't the issue for most - it's class. Many non-whites are poor. Therefore, they are more likely to be criminals. And the ones who ain't have no means of comeback, so hit away, you fascist doughnut-eaters.' she retorted, in true Marxist fashion.

"I tend to think it is a little bit of both. It is clear that many on right right blame everything on racism where social economics is also a very big part of it and poor white and Asians are are also treated poorly by police and by the justice system but this is often ignored with the whole check your privilege thing, the idea that if you are white you always have privilege and if you are black you always lack it, however a rich black person are far more likely to get treated well than a poor white person. Now when that is being said statistics say that even when someone from the same social class are taken in, for the same crime, one black and one white the black person often get a longer sentence than the white person with no other difference between them than their skin color."
Adjan said and frowned.

He nodded, "That's one aspect of the justice system that's got to go. Private enterprise has no business being in the judicial system."
He frowned, "Or for that matter, healthcare, or firefighting, or other necessary functions... Ah, that's a debate for another time. I suppose we can overthrow the government another day..."

"Agree but it is more of a problem in the judicial system, the existence of private healthcare is perfectly fine if there was a good public system out there. Take several European nations where you have private doctors, clinics or even hospitals but there is a good public offer that most use that is fine but private actors never have any business keeping people prisoner."

'Nah. They'll be that plain-looking person standing behind the one giving the command.' Nicole replied, shaking her head. 'And I have a plan for that one...'

"Do the plan involve bullets?"
Adjan asked with a wry smile.

'Well, you ain't in Kansas no more.'

"No clearly not."
The Euthanathos muttered with a sigh.

[Coffee Shop]

He stared in puzzlement, "That's... one of the syringes I used to restrain Anna in the other timeline, when I hadn't attained the collar... it shouldn't exist in this timeline... or more precisely, it shouldn't exist in its used... oh, bugger... That's what the Chief meant, then..."
He frowned, "If this is appearing and Anna is getting sick, that's... we'll ask about the cameras here, and then I've got to get straight back to Steelhaven."
He carefully pocketed the syringe again and walked toward the café, "Let's go."

"Shit that is not good, how long was she on the serum? In that other timeline?"
Adjan asked then he nodded.
"Yes let us go."
He agreed and headed towards the cafe door.
"I will get you back home quickly once we are done here."

'What... some kind of alternate reality or something?' giving a puzzled frown.

"Alternate timeline I think, something appear to be wrong with time."
Adjan said as he hurried to the cafe door as fast as he could.

Getting to the cafe you found a small room filled with little round tables with colorful table cloths. The walls where turquoise the floor where white and pink chess patterned. A large white counter where in one corner with a glass bar with all sort of ice cream. There where no obvious cameras though. A black man sat by one table his nose in a laptop with a bowl of caramel flavored ice cream in his hand and a cup of coffee on the table beside him. A young blond mother was at another table with a pair of three year old twin boys happy eating their treats, at another table sat a pair of twelve or thirteen year old kids, a boy and a girl out on a date. A young latino woman was at the counter getting her order. A woman in her 50's where working behind the counter, she had graying hair in a ponytail and was wearing a pink uniform, a lanky teenage boy who looked like the woman behind the counter, perhaps he was her son was washing one of the tables his face was full of pimples and his dirty blond hair was in a net, he was wearing the same pink uniform, probably he earned a little extra money by working at his mom's shop during the weekends.

[Colin's Room]

"Looks like we've reached an impasse. Ah well. We can't agree on everything. If everyone had the same opinions then the world would get dull fast." Serge said with a shrug and then smiled. "That conversation took a strange turn. It started on VHS tapes."

"Yes indeed it seams we have to agree to disagree here Serge."
Beatrice said and nodded.
"And yes it did...I miss those old tapes with all their faults, they had a certain feel to them."
She said with a slight smile.

"Sure thing." Serge said nodding as if the elder mage was right in front of him. "Hey Bee!" he said raising his voice slightly so that Beatrice could hear him from the bathroom, "Master Nassa said to check her pulse and keep doing what you doing."

"Ok...will do...when you get the chance can you bring a glass of water in here for her?"
Beatrice asked from the bathroom.

After he had relayed the various messages he looked at Kyle, confident that the widderslainte didn't need any calming down. From what he had seen Kyle was made of tough stuff. But he still wanted to check how the young mage was handling all of this.

Kyle seamed fine but concerned, he went to the kitchen when Beatrice asked for a glass of water and filled one up.
"I will bring it to her, you wait for Master Nassa."
He said he had to hold the glass with both his hands as his fingers where still a little weak from the throwback earlier.
"I hope Anna will be okey."
He said as he walked towards the bathroom.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:25 pm

[En Route]
Anja wrote:"Indeed so."
Adjan agreed.
Nicole wrote:'Nah. They'll be that plain-looking person standing behind the one giving the command.' Nicole replied, shaking her head. 'And I have a plan for that one...'
Anja wrote:"Do the plan involve bullets?"
Adjan asked with a wry smile.
Colin grinned, "Oh, my, a genuine revolutionary, is it? Well, just remember that bullets only tend to shift the problem, not permanently solve it. Still, sometimes they can provide just the breather you need to rally."

Anja wrote:"Very much so and there are two reasons why I think, one are the legal corruption in politics so wealthy businesses can bribe politicians and the other is this idea of the American dream, it is nice in wording the problem is that the backside of the idea that if you work hard you can get whatever you want is the illusion that if you are poor you must have done something to deserve it."
Nicole wrote:'Don't tell me what I can or cannot do, tell me how to do what I want to.' she muttered, paraphrasing JP Morgan's order to his lawyers.
He frowned, "But with what they call the Millennial generation, the dream is cracking. As the Boomers start dying off, the Millennials have no faith in the system that let their grandparents' and parents' generations reap all the rewards and let the coming generations foot the bill... Something will give, and fairly soon, and we just might be looking at a Committee of Public Safety..."

Nicole wrote:'Race ain't the issue for most - it's class. Many non-whites are poor. Therefore, they are more likely to be criminals. And the ones who ain't have no means of comeback, so hit away, you fascist doughnut-eaters.' she retorted, in true Marxist fashion.
Anja wrote:"I tend to think it is a little bit of both. It is clear that many on right right blame everything on racism where social economics is also a very big part of it and poor white and Asians are are also treated poorly by police and by the justice system but this is often ignored with the whole check your privilege thing, the idea that if you are white you always have privilege and if you are black you always lack it, however a rich black person are far more likely to get treated well than a poor white person. Now when that is being said statistics say that even when someone from the same social class are taken in, for the same crime, one black and one white the black person often get a longer sentence than the white person with no other difference between them than their skin color."
Adjan said and frowned.
He nodded, "Considering most Americans I've met have as much class as a Marxist utopia... but yes, social strata do account for a fair bit, but it does seem that black people are rather... overrepresented at the bottom. And make for easier targets."

Anja wrote:"Agree but it is more of a problem in the judicial system, the existence of private healthcare is perfectly fine if there was a good public system out there. Take several European nations where you have private doctors, clinics or even hospitals but there is a good public offer that most use that is fine but private actors never have any business keeping people prisoner."
He nodded, "Private clinics to essentially help the public sector with triage and non-essential procedures like cosmetic surgery, I don't have a problem with that. But when privatized healthcare means people die because they have to choose between rent, food or lifesaving medication... the system is not just broken, but insanely so."

Nicole wrote:'Well, you ain't in Kansas no more.'
Anja wrote:"No clearly not."
The Euthanathos muttered with a sigh.
He smiled wryly, glancing sideways at Adjan, "Really, now, have you ever even been to Kansas?"

[Café]
Anja wrote:"Shit that is not good, how long was she on the serum? In that other timeline?"
Adjan asked then he nodded.
"Yes let us go."
He agreed and headed towards the cafe door.
"I will get you back home quickly once we are done here."
He frowned, "Months... Far too long... the trauma of the injections slowed down her recovery badly, so the trial which eventually got her off the serum kept getting pushed back..."

Nicole wrote:'What... some kind of alternate reality or something?' giving a puzzled frown.
Anja wrote:"Alternate timeline I think, something appear to be wrong with time."
Adjan said as he hurried to the cafe door as fast as he could.
He shrugged, "A wibbly in the wobbly, or perhaps it's the other way around - seems two timelines are having a bit of a spat, and my family is caught in the middle... I'm going to have to invite a certain old gent for a cup of tea, I'm afraid. The Chief will likely not approve of his presence, but he might be the best solution to fixing the chain of events..."

Anja wrote:Getting to the cafe you found a small room filled with little round tables with colorful table cloths. The walls where turquoise the floor where white and pink chess patterned. A large white counter where in one corner with a glass bar with all sort of ice cream. There where no obvious cameras though. A black man sat by one table his nose in a laptop with a bowl of caramel flavored ice cream in his hand and a cup of coffee on the table beside him. A young blond mother was at another table with a pair of three year old twin boys happy eating their treats, at another table sat a pair of twelve or thirteen year old kids, a boy and a girl out on a date. A young latino woman was at the counter getting her order. A woman in her 50's where working behind the counter, she had graying hair in a ponytail and was wearing a pink uniform, a lanky teenage boy who looked like the woman behind the counter, perhaps he was her son was washing one of the tables his face was full of pimples and his dirty blond hair was in a net, he was wearing the same pink uniform, probably he earned a little extra money by working at his mom's shop during the weekends.
He grinned to Adjan and Nicole, "Lovely colour scheme, isn't it? What would you like, my treat?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm

[George's Cambers]

"Let me do my divination to see if I can find the exact placement of this disturbance while you two young men check on the people in Mr Wainwright's chambers and also give the man a call." George said.

"Yes sir."

Narim nodded to that. "We will be back then...if you call your Cabalmate Adley?"

He nodded, and grabbed his phone. "It doesn't seem like the phone itself is the problem, so I suppose it can be used...though it might be having weird effect. The only other way to get a hold of him is to send an imp and I've no idea where he is and that might not be wise." He said, as he got Colin's number up on his phone as he headed for the door to go to Colin's apartment with Narim.

It was about that time Adley got a text message from Serge.
"Something odd just happened! Anna looking pale then she started vomiting! Do you know what's happening? This doesn't seem time-related. Also if you could bring Master Nassa that'd be great."

He clicked the message and frowned, telling the others, "Something's going on with Anna suddenly, she's being sick. I'm going to call the healer in, first..." he said, then dialled up Master Nassa.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yes indeed it seams we have to agree to disagree here Serge."
Beatrice said and nodded.
"And yes it did...I miss those old tapes with all their faults, they had a certain feel to them."
She said with a slight smile.

"I miss having to do some secret agent shit just to get to the special VHS tv screen. You had to figure out the secret code of buttons to press on the remote that'd get you to the channel where the VHS played the tapes. Everyone had to do that right? It wasn't just me?" Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Ok...will do...when you get the chance can you bring a glass of water in here for her?"
Beatrice asked from the bathroom.

"Kyle's bringing it right now." Serge said.

Anja wrote:Kyle seamed fine but concerned, he went to the kitchen when Beatrice asked for a glass of water and filled one up.
"I will bring it to her, you wait for Master Nassa."
He said he had to hold the glass with both his hands as his fingers where still a little weak from the throwback earlier.
"I hope Anna will be okey."
He said as he walked towards the bathroom.

Serge was a little worried about Kyle's hands and whether they'd be able to hold the glass of water. He didn't say anything though, knowing that Kyle wanted to help in any way that he could.

"Anna will be fine. Adley's already on the case as to what's happening and he's probably figured something out. Plus we got Beatrice and Master Nassa." he assured as he himself went close to the door in order to let Master Nassa in when he came.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:58 pm

[En Route]

Colin grinned, "Oh, my, a genuine revolutionary, is it? Well, just remember that bullets only tend to shift the problem, not permanently solve it. Still, sometimes they can provide just the breather you need to rally."

"Bullets should be avoided if at all possible but sometimes they are the only option available."
Adjan commented.

He frowned, "But with what they call the Millennial generation, the dream is cracking. As the Boomers start dying off, the Millennials have no faith in the system that let their grandparents' and parents' generations reap all the rewards and let the coming generations foot the bill... Something will give, and fairly soon, and we just might be looking at a Committee of Public Safety..."

"Agreed the avalanche seam to be already in motion, hopefully it will not get to violent when things finally give."
The death magus said.

He nodded, "Considering most Americans I've met have as much class as a Marxist utopia... but yes, social strata do account for a fair bit, but it does seem that black people are rather... overrepresented at the bottom. And make for easier targets."

"This is true and something should be done to help raise poor families out of poverty."
Adjan commented.
"Then again Ty have been accosted by the police just walking down the street minding his own business and while he certainly is not rich he is not dirt poor either. Miss Blackwell to have experienced unplesentries or so I have heard."

He nodded, "Private clinics to essentially help the public sector with triage and non-essential procedures like cosmetic surgery, I don't have a problem with that. But when privatized healthcare means people die because they have to choose between rent, food or lifesaving medication... the system is not just broken, but insanely so."

"Agreed."
Was all the Euthanathos had to say to that.

He smiled wryly, glancing sideways at Adjan, "Really, now, have you ever even been to Kansas?"

"No I can not really say that I have no."
Adjan replied.

[Café]

He frowned, "Months... Far too long... the trauma of the injections slowed down her recovery badly, so the trial which eventually got her off the serum kept getting pushed back..."

"Poor kid, I am glad you got that timeline changed then, injections of that serum would not be easy on any kid and your apprentice seams nervous around such things. She was up in the infirmary a few times while I was there and Dr Lee quickly hid all needles before she arrived, and the kid would stare at the IV in my arm as if it was a snake."
Adjan said but you doubted that, Anna quite liked snakes.

He shrugged, "A wibbly in the wobbly, or perhaps it's the other way around - seems two timelines are having a bit of a spat, and my family is caught in the middle... I'm going to have to invite a certain old gent for a cup of tea, I'm afraid. The Chief will likely not approve of his presence, but he might be the best solution to fixing the chain of events..."

"I hope the old gentleman you are referring to Colin are not the one I think you are referring to."
The death magus said and he raised an eyebrow.
"For that would be insanity, not that it is good that two timelines are having at it with one another either."

He grinned to Adjan and Nicole, "Lovely colour scheme, isn't it? What would you like, my treat?"

"It looks like a My Little Pony exploded in here."
Adjan commented looking around.
"Well that is kind of you, hum...strawberry with licorice sprinkles if you please."
He replied with a slight smile.

[George's Cambers]

He nodded, and grabbed his phone. "It doesn't seem like the phone itself is the problem, so I suppose it can be used...though it might be having weird effect. The only other way to get a hold of him is to send an imp and I've no idea where he is and that might not be wise." He said, as he got Colin's number up on his phone as he headed for the door to go to Colin's apartment with Narim.

Narim hurried with you out the door and down the corridor.
"No the phones themselves should be fine."
He replied.
"I could find out exactly where he is if you want to send an imp but I do think the phones are fine."

He clicked the message and frowned, telling the others, "Something's going on with Anna suddenly, she's being sick. I'm going to call the healer in, first..." he said, then dialled up Master Nassa.

Narim nodded at that. You called Master Nassa and he picked up quickly.
"Yes Mr Roth Hicks...what can I do for you?"
He asked.

[Colin's Room]

"I miss having to do some secret agent shit just to get to the special VHS tv screen. You had to figure out the secret code of buttons to press on the remote that'd get you to the channel where the VHS played the tapes. Everyone had to do that right? It wasn't just me?" Serge said with a smile.

"Well you had to find the right channel, but it was all in the TV's instructions so it was not really much of a chore."
Beatrice commented giving you a bit of an odd look.

"Kyle's bringing it right now." Serge said.

"Great thanks."
Beatrice said.

Serge was a little worried about Kyle's hands and whether they'd be able to hold the glass of water. He didn't say anything though, knowing that Kyle wanted to help in any way that he could.

"Anna will be fine. Adley's already on the case as to what's happening and he's probably figured something out. Plus we got Beatrice and Master Nassa." he assured as he himself went close to the door in order to let Master Nassa in when he came.

"I hope you are right Serge."
Kyle said as he went into the bathroom with the water. A few oments later there was a knock on the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:14 pm

[Café]
Anja wrote:"Poor kid, I am glad you got that timeline changed then, injections of that serum would not be easy on any kid and your apprentice seams nervous around such things. She was up in the infirmary a few times while I was there and Dr Lee quickly hid all needles before she arrived, and the kid would stare at the IV in my arm as if it was a snake."
Adjan said but you doubted that, Anna quite liked snakes.
Colin smiled thinly, "Oh, I'm quite certain she would have looked a lot more favourably at your arm if there was a snake attached to it. She likes those. I just might let her have a python when she gets older, if she has convinced me she can take good care of it at that time..."

Anja wrote:"I hope the old gentleman you are referring to Colin are not the one I think you are referring to."
The death magus said and he raised an eyebrow.
"For that would be insanity, not that it is good that two timelines are having at it with one another either."
He nodded, "I do believe you've guessed correctly. If we get home to find this is not something we, Master Haagen, or even Master Steelhaven can sort out, it may prove necessary to ask the ultimate arbiter for help... and yes, I would vastly prefer if that did not prove necessary, polite tea-drinker though he is."

Anja wrote:"It looks like a My Little Pony exploded in here."
Adjan commented looking around.
"Well that is kind of you, hum...strawberry with licorice sprinkles if you please."
He replied with a slight smile.
He looked to Nicole, "And you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:38 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Well you had to find the right channel, but it was all in the TV's instructions so it was not really much of a chore."
Beatrice commented giving you a bit of an odd look.

"Maybe I just over hyped that as a kid." Serge said thinking back to his youth. "It certainly felt that way to 4 year old Serge. Trying to press buttons on a remote until the lion king showed up on the tv screen."

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Serge."
Kyle said as he went into the bathroom with the water. A few oments later there was a knock on the door.

Serge went over to the door and opened it, expecting find either Adley or Master Nassa on the other side.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:40 pm

[George's Cambers]

"No the phones themselves should be fine." He replied. "I could find out exactly where he is if you want to send an imp but I do think the phones are fine."

He shook his head a bit. "No, that's okay..."

Master Nassa and he picked up quickly. "Yes Mr Roth Hicks...what can I do for you?" He asked.

"Can you please go to Colin's room, someone is sick in there..." he began, sounding worried.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next