Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

5 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 9 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Agreed. Hopefully, any turf beef can be with us standing on the sidelines watching...'

Adley's Post:

'Yeah. But we were simply talking about them Tremere taking us for preference.'

Adley's Post:

'What? Where?' Nicole replied, looking around as though believing the car was under attack. That is, in a physical way.

Anja's Post:

'What the fuck just happened there?' a combination of confused and annoyed.

Serge's Post:

'It was a joke. That lying whale is in New York.'

Adleys' Post:

'I did at least give him a quick 101 on it.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... we'll swing round the back. Unless Slumlord has subdivided, should be a rear entry for a fire escape. And if there is, somebody would surely have it propped open with a brick or something. Laziness being what it is...' Nicole mused, driving past the target building and then planning to double-back to get to the rear.

[How dark is it? Twilight, or proper dark? After all, it was already on dusk when Nicole and Serge were pissing off the Chief...]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 9 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:50 pm

[Boston]
Nicole wrote:'Like punching things?'
S7trif3 wrote:"Not every vampire are Tremere or want what they want. You said the ones you are familiar with are much different, didn't you?" he said, skipping right over the first part to forestall another argument he didn't want to have.
Nicole wrote:'Yeah. But we were simply talking about them Tremere taking us for preference.'
Colin shrugged, "Punching things, or staying on a train of thought or course of action in spite of everything else. Plus, you've got decent engineering skills, which is always handy. Not sure how well your arm would work, though..."

Anja wrote:"That laser pointer do sound most useful Mr Wainwright I assume it is a tiny portal to somewhere blessed by the sun at the moment?"
Hildegard asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Luck and foresight might be exactly what we need."
She added.
S7trif3 wrote:"All of that is useful. We could use some luck now that the daytime has faded."
He nodded, "Well, strictly speaking, it's a Focus - both for opening a portal to somewhere at noon, and for focusing the beam of light."

Jeremy wrote:"That's a good idea, but I'll need the time to do it." Serge said. "Given enough time I can convince those vampires that the room their gun was one fire, that the room was on fire, mistake their allies for the enemy, and a whole host of other things that'll be handy for us."
Anja wrote:"How much time would you need Mr Yager would Mr Sherman's spell give you enough of a head's up to accomplish this?"
Hildegard asked.
He frowned, "Mr. Yager, I do believe the idea of drawing up a deck of flash cards has been raised a few times... Those may not be as potent as a uniquely drawn image for each casting, but they are magnitudes quicker."

S7trif3 wrote:"You have a gun on you that you don't know how to use?" he said, looking at him. "Are you serious?"
Jeremy wrote:"Relax, relax. I borrowed Ms. Mar's knowledge on how to use a gun for the last mission. I was an expert marksmen then." Serge explained. "The spell wore off though so now I'm back to having no clue. I was gonna renew the spell with one of you guys but haven't had the time."
S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow at him, still not at ease with the fact he had a gun but no understanding of safety measures. "Can you do so now with me?" he offered. "I am not as good as my sora, but it should be sufficient."
He nodded, "Either of us, really - but come next year, you are coming along to the shooting range and getting some expert lessons. Not up for debate. Lacking the absolute fundamentals makes you more dangerous to yourself than anyone else when you have a gun."

Anja wrote:"This may be so but Fio Giovanni do work for the Giovanni family...I find it hard to believe they where not in some way involved."
Hildegard said with a frown.
"But I guess you are right Mr Roth Hicks, we can not kill them indiscriminately without proof but I will not shed any tears for any dead Giovanni."
The Chorister added in a hard tone of voice.
He nodded, "Oh, there will likely be a few pointed questions asked of the Giovanni family head - whether by us or the Prince - but if the answers satisfy, we may end up with a few substantial favours owed instead of a pile of ash and an unstable political situation."

Nicole wrote:'True. Unless we managed to utterly cripple 'em in the opening moves, they'll slowly cut us to pieces with weight of numbers. Though I get the feeling that too many turfs are being stepped on, and that some kind of war or something is going to happen...' shaking her head a little.
Anja wrote:"You may be right Miss Bouchard but we still have to hope we can avoid greater conflict, for as you say the problem is that while vampires only have hedge powers they can create new of their kind with ease while we need time and allot of effort to lead a sleeper to Awakening and then train them, we could never match vampires in numbers."
The Chorister agreed with a frown.
Nicole wrote:'Agreed. Hopefully, any turf beef can be with us standing on the sidelines watching...'
He frowned, "We can't go to war with the Camarilla right now, in any case. Not when Jace has a Sabbat leader working with him and waiting in the wings, hoping to get the city. If we start attacking the Giovanni and provoke the Prince into war, the other major faction of vampires will turn Boston into Detroit..."

Anja wrote:"Focus on protecting Serge and the others of the nine, if our debt to them can be paid and Moloch stopped for good then I will have found meaning and closure, though off course I would prefer to be safe as well and one day after we have had many years together incarnate into a new host."
Mia said with a slight smile.
"Just make sure that day do not come to soon my host, us broken things must stick together."
He smiled, 'I'm fairly confident in having twenty years. Escaping the Nephandi battlecruiser will be... trickier, but I think I will be able to get a good shot at the escape.'

S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, we should ignore it for now, we don't need another--" he stopped, frowning. "I can feel it...knocking on my protections."
Anja wrote:"Yes it is deciding to be quite rude."
Hildegard commented in a tone of voice that said she was not fond of rudeness, not fond of it at all.
He grunted and pulled out his Chaos wand, beginning to quietly flick it around in the evasive pattern he'd rehearsed so well.

Anja wrote:Your mind was as hard and unmoving as your face usually was and you managed to push out the pig's spiritual attack with ease. This enraged clearly but you pushed it out non the less. From the steel in Hildegard's voice as she sang she had the same sentiment as you did about the rather aggressive spirit who was so intent on eating every bit of wealth and hope those living in the building he was gobbling up had.
S7trif3 wrote:"Incoming!" he said as he saw it start to attack them, more directly than before. There was not a lot of time but he leaned as close as he could to Serge to try to cover him.
Nicole wrote:'What? Where?' Nicole replied, looking around as though believing the car was under attack. That is, in a physical way.
Anja wrote:As the spirit decided to attack you felt it again claw on your protections, it was clear that mental attacks where this being's modus operandi, then Hildegard's song rose to a crescendo and the pig screamed, and then it was gone, and so was it's attacks.
"I have banished it for now, but I do not have the knowledge of how to destroy it and that thing need to be, someone more skilled than me will have to come back and finish the job."
The Chorister declared.
Jeremy wrote:As his cabalmate yelled and covered him, Serge gripped the edge of his seat and looked around for an attacker he couldn't see.

On hearing that the spirit was the attacker and was now gone Serge breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Man, not seeing spirits sucks. I miss out on the action. I wanna see a pig greed spirit."
Anja wrote:"Well then young man you will have to study and practice."
Hildegard said but she raised an eyebrow at your comment as if she was saying...Cultists! With a sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:He relaxed and moved back to his previous posture as the thing was banished. "Great, we can add that to the ever growing list of our problems. But at least we're in the clear for this one, for now. Thank you."
Anja wrote:"Yes that list never seam to shrink now do it."
Hildegard said with a sigh then she nodded again.
"Well I was invited along for my skills with spirits it just happened to be a bit different spirit than I anticipated."
Nicole wrote:'What the fuck just happened there?' a combination of confused and annoyed.
He nodded and tapped his wand to the car door, completing his spell, "Quite; capital work, Ma'am. Miss Bouchard, that was a spirit attacking our minds, trying to influence us to think according to its guiding principles. Adley and I encountered a similar attack just before you arrived here, a quite horrid corrupted spirit that... made us question our actions and motivations in the worst possible light. This one was... well, I'm guessing you picked up on what it was trying to make us think, too. Selfish greed is, well... let's just say that's one spirit I wouldn't grieve over hearing was shredded, that thing had fed too well..."

Anja wrote:The car was now pretty close to the building, it could be seen there, it had been painted white at some point but it was now gray with age and neglect, a group of small children, perhaps five or six where playing outside, their clothes old and cheap, and a woman with long hair in braids where sitting at one of the windows smoking while on the phone. There where not really any back entrance, there where parking lots...well more places where there where room to park close to the back of the building though it only had one entrance.
Nicole wrote:'Hmm... we'll swing round the back. Unless Slumlord has subdivided, should be a rear entry for a fire escape. And if there is, somebody would surely have it propped open with a brick or something. Laziness being what it is...' Nicole mused, driving past the target building and then planning to double-back to get to the rear.
He frowned, "Belay that - we'll be going in through the front door; we have a key, we have every right to be here, remember? Besides, I am guessing they're not too unused to oddly mismatched groups coming and going at night. But, we'll scope out the rear and get a look on that side, too."

((OOC: So, a much overdue Scrambler, hastily cast while Hildegard sings. I figure Colin's got the time for two rushed rolls. With a touch of desperation, there's no time like the present to spend that held success. Razz Arete rolls: 2,3,4 (plus success) - 4,6,7. So three successes? Should offer a little protection for a little while, at least.))

((OOC2: Hard Proof is a good stage name, but Primium Peters might be even better. Razz ))

((OOC3: Just realized Adley's a better marksman than Colin... 20% better, in fact...))

Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 am

[Suburu/Boston]

Anja wrote:"How much time would you need Mr Yager would Mr Sherman's spell give you enough of a head's up to accomplish this?"
Hildegard asked.

"It's hard to give specific number but for the Shawn distraction illusion Jon's app should give me enough warning." Serge said confidently. "I already have his picture drawn out. Just need to add various backgrounds and perhaps a couple pictures of dracula chasing him."

Colin wrote:He frowned, "Mr. Yager, I do believe the idea of drawing up a deck of flash cards has been raised a few times... Those may not be as potent as a uniquely drawn image for each casting, but they are magnitudes quicker."

"I have a bunch of drawings like that scanned onto my phone. But using them always feels.....meh." Serge said with a sigh, pulling up the gallery on his phone and showing his cabal leader the myriad of seemingly random drawings depicting a variety of locations, people, and scenarios.

"Mass producing them for every situation just feels.....wrong. Focusing on time and efficiency like that feels so cold and science-y. Like something the Union would do. But I'll use them if I have too."

Adley wrote:He raised an eyebrow at him, still not at ease with the fact he had a gun but no understanding of safety measures. "Can you do so now with me?" he offered. "I am not as good as my sora, but it should be sufficient."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Either of us, really - but come next year, you are coming along to the shooting range and getting some expert lessons. Not up for debate. Lacking the absolute fundamentals makes you more dangerous to yourself than anyone else when you have a gun."

"I will I will. I wanna go to a shooting gallery anyways. Sounds really cool." Serge assured Colin, glad that he didn't mention that it was Nicole who had given him the pistol.

Pulling out a pen the young cultist said, "Which hand do you fire your gun with Ad....amicus?"

After receiving Adley's answer, he began to draw on the same hand. Those watching him would see that Serge was drawing a lily wreathed in flames. A simple but beautiful looking flower with it's elegance seemingly enhanced by the mystical flames that swirled around it.

When the symbol was done Serge offered his hand to his cabalmate and said, "And now we shake hands like gentlemen while you think about every single time you've fired a gun with that hand."

Colin wrote:He nodded and tapped his wand to the car door, completing his spell, "Quite; capital work, Ma'am. Miss Bouchard, that was a spirit attacking our minds, trying to influence us to think according to its guiding principles. Adley and I encountered a similar attack just before you arrived here, a quite horrid corrupted spirit that... made us question our actions and motivations in the worst possible light. This one was... well, I'm guessing you picked up on what it was trying to make us think, too. Selfish greed is, well... let's just say that's one spirit I wouldn't grieve over hearing was shredded, that thing had fed too well..."

"That spirit does sound like a dick. That was a really cool trick it did though...." Serge said with the faintest hint of admiration for the effect.

Anja wrote:The car was now pretty close to the building, it could be seen there, it had been painted white at some point but it was now gray with age and neglect, a group of small children, perhaps five or six where playing outside, their clothes old and cheap, and a woman with long hair in braids where sitting at one of the windows smoking while on the phone. There where not really any back entrance, there where parking lots...well more places where there where room to park close to the back of the building though it only had one entrance.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Belay that - we'll be going in through the front door; we have a key, we have every right to be here, remember? Besides, I am guessing they're not too unused to oddly mismatched groups coming and going at night. But, we'll scope out the rear and get a look on that side, too."

"Do you guys want me to cast the sleep spell now or wait till we're closer to the target apartment?" Serge asked the group.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 am

[Mattapan]

Agreed. Hopefully, any turf beef can be with us standing on the sidelines watching...'

Hildegard nodded at that.
"Yes hopefully so."

What the fuck just happened there?' a combination of confused and annoyed.

"A spirit decided to attack us, I have banished it."
Hildegard commented.

Hmm... we'll swing round the back. Unless Slumlord has subdivided, should be a rear entry for a fire escape. And if there is, somebody would surely have it propped open with a brick or something. Laziness being what it is...' Nicole mused, driving past the target building and then planning to double-back to get to the rear.

"Let us see if we can find this back entrance then Miss Bouchard."
Hildegard replied.
It was just at the end of twilight it was not yet full dark but it was pretty close to it and the few remaining street lights that where still working was on.

He nodded, "Well, strictly speaking, it's a Focus - both for opening a portal to somewhere at noon, and for focusing the beam of light."

"Hum...well sounds like a most practical focus when dealing with vampires Mr Wainwright."
The Chorister replied.

He nodded, "Oh, there will likely be a few pointed questions asked of the Giovanni family head - whether by us or the Prince - but if the answers satisfy, we may end up with a few substantial favours owed instead of a pile of ash and an unstable political situation."

"We can hope so yes Mr Wainwright but we also have to be ready for the potential that this situation could escalate and create a conflict."
Hildegard said.
"We where lucky with the junkyard situation but look at it from their perspective, what had we done if another group of Awakened had executed one of our own? Even if that person had done wrong, and if we forgave them doing so one time what if they did it again?"

He frowned, "We can't go to war with the Camarilla right now, in any case. Not when Jace has a Sabbat leader working with him and waiting in the wings, hoping to get the city. If we start attacking the Giovanni and provoke the Prince into war, the other major faction of vampires will turn Boston into Detroit..."

"No we do not want another war, and from what I have heard about Detroit that is not a situation we would want yes so let us hope we can resolve the situation that that the Camarilla do not go to war with us."
The elderly woman said with a frown.

He smiled, 'I'm fairly confident in having twenty years. Escaping the Nephandi battlecruiser will be... trickier, but I think I will be able to get a good shot at the escape.'

"I hope you escape the Battle Cruiser my host our family will need us, but I can nto tell you if you will or if you will not, my main task is to learn through letting you learn, I can be a guide but not a director."
Mia said and she sipped her tea again.
"But I hope to stay with you for a good long while."

He grunted and pulled out his Chaos wand, beginning to quietly flick it around in the evasive pattern he'd rehearsed so well.

You think you got the scrambler up pretty well.

He nodded and tapped his wand to the car door, completing his spell, "Quite; capital work, Ma'am. Miss Bouchard, that was a spirit attacking our minds, trying to influence us to think according to its guiding principles. Adley and I encountered a similar attack just before you arrived here, a quite horrid corrupted spirit that... made us question our actions and motivations in the worst possible light. This one was... well, I'm guessing you picked up on what it was trying to make us think, too. Selfish greed is, well... let's just say that's one spirit I wouldn't grieve over hearing was shredded, that thing had fed too well..."

"We have Masters of Spirits at our Chantry which should be able to help with getting rid of this spirit for good. I know Chief Morgan is very hesitant to destroy a spirit though but I might be able to talk him into it, that spirit are destroying lives."
Hildegard declared darkly.
"It have to go."

He frowned, "Belay that - we'll be going in through the front door; we have a key, we have every right to be here, remember? Besides, I am guessing they're not too unused to oddly mismatched groups coming and going at night. But, we'll scope out the rear and get a look on that side, too."

"Hum...I am not sure these good people are used to five white people walking in though it would not surprise me if this building do not have one single white person living here, other than perhaps this Italian blood slave, then again if we are pretending to be a group of policemen and women and a social worker we would nto go skulking in the back door."
The Chorister commented.

"It's hard to give specific number but for the Shawn distraction illusion Jon's app should give me enough warning." Serge said confidently. "I already have his picture drawn out. Just need to add various backgrounds and perhaps a couple pictures of dracula chasing him."

"Good, then if we are informed vampires are on the way you should start with your illusion work Mr Yager."
Hildegard replied.
"Not having to fight would be the best solution in a populated area.

"I have a bunch of drawings like that scanned onto my phone. But using them always feels.....meh." Serge said with a sigh, pulling up the gallery on his phone and showing his cabal leader the myriad of seemingly random drawings depicting a variety of locations, people, and scenarios.

"Mass producing them for every situation just feels.....wrong. Focusing on time and efficiency like that feels so cold and science-y. Like something the Union would do. But I'll use them if I have too."

"That might be so Mr Yager but a combat situation is not about feeling good it is about surviving, so the question is can you do it. I am not going to sing a full aria for the joy of it in the middle of a battle either even if I might if I am casting a spell on my own time just to revel in it."
The Chorister said and she glanced over at the Cultist.

"That spirit does sound like a dick. That was a really cool trick it did though...." Serge said with the faintest hint of admiration for the effect.

"While calling things after certain anatomical bits is not something I approve of Mr Yager, yes it really is exactly that."
Hildegard said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Do you guys want me to cast the sleep spell now or wait till we're closer to the target apartment?" Serge asked the group.

"Can it work at this distance and if so will the spell last until we get to the apartment Mr Yager? It is up to Mr Wainwright who are leading this mission but I would say that if you can do it from here and it will last then I see no reason to put it of."
The Chorister replied with a nod.

(OOC: Yes that Scrambler will do quite nicely. Ah yes anyone looking at Jon's apps they have stopped working as they should just as Colin cast the Scrambler.]
(OOC 2: Don't give him any idea...hum Primium Peters yes for a Iterator porn star that is a good stage name.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 am

[Boston]

Colin's Post:

A soft chuckle at this.

Colin's Post:

'I already offered that, remember?' referring to the fact the Etherite had suggested basic small arms training last month for all members of the cabal.

Colin's Post:

'That's like asking someone if they'd prefer their stroke to kill 'em or simply paralyse.' she replied acidly.

Colin's Post:

'Well, next time that happens don't simply shout out. Nearly clipped that badly-parked Pontiac.'

Serge's Post:

'So... you move around by hopping and would clean a car using a toothbrush?' Nicole replied. 'And when in a situation like this you simply don't have the time to to it to the level you'd personally like.'

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Cops would if possible look for a secondary entry. Not just for trying to avoid detection by the targets, but to be seen less by the neighbours. Aware of being seen as "the Man" in a world of Black Lives Matter. Plus, do we really want to be carrying out the target with at least a dozen eyes watching us?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 am

[Mattapan]

'Cops would if possible look for a secondary entry. Not just for trying to avoid detection by the targets, but to be seen less by the neighbours. Aware of being seen as "the Man" in a world of Black Lives Matter. Plus, do we really want to be carrying out the target with at least a dozen eyes watching us?'

"You do have a fair point Miss Bouchard, what if we look for th back entrance to locate it so we at least can leave that way once we got the boy?"
Hildegard said.
"And we would want to cause as little commotion among the residents as possible."
She hadded.
"The fewer who remembers our faces the better."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 pm

[Subaru/Boston]
Anja wrote:"Hum...well sounds like a most practical focus when dealing with vampires Mr Wainwright."
The Chorister replied.
Colin nodded, "I haven't had to test it in battle yet, but it does work perfectly well for placing a pinpoint of light in a dark room. Even got a good mechanism for closing off the opening, too, to avoid accidents. Might consider trying to make it a long-term enchantment rather than casting it on the fly each time, but then again, the earth's rotation makes that a more cumbersome proposition..."

Jeremy wrote:"I have a bunch of drawings like that scanned onto my phone. But using them always feels.....meh." Serge said with a sigh, pulling up the gallery on his phone and showing his cabal leader the myriad of seemingly random drawings depicting a variety of locations, people, and scenarios.

"Mass producing them for every situation just feels.....wrong. Focusing on time and efficiency like that feels so cold and science-y. Like something the Union would do. But I'll use them if I have too."
Anja wrote:"That might be so Mr Yager but a combat situation is not about feeling good it is about surviving, so the question is can you do it. I am not going to sing a full aria for the joy of it in the middle of a battle either even if I might if I am casting a spell on my own time just to revel in it."
Nicole wrote:'So... you move around by hopping and would clean a car using a toothbrush?' Nicole replied. 'And when in a situation like this you simply don't have the time to to it to the level you'd personally like.'
He shook his head, "It's not about mass producing Foci, but about making a number of unique Foci for specific purposes. Like how I have a wand for controlling probability, and a ring for controlling raw Quintessence, and a dagger for manipulating spatial distances - and my little 'laser pointer' specifically for making portals to somewhere sunny in case I need a precise bit of sunlight. It's a lot quicker and more precise than taking ten minutes to draw up everything I need in a circle just to fling a Prime bolt or picking something up from the other end of the room."

Anja wrote:"We can hope so yes Mr Wainwright but we also have to be ready for the potential that this situation could escalate and create a conflict."
Hildegard said.
"We where lucky with the junkyard situation but look at it from their perspective, what had we done if another group of Awakened had executed one of our own? Even if that person had done wrong, and if we forgave them doing so one time what if they did it again?"
He frowned and nodded, "Indeed, which is why we have to apply the equivalent of surgical precision - we can't afford to apply the shotgun approach. We'll need to not only be sure of our targets, but also be able to prove it satisfyingly to the Prince. Unfortunately, we don't have Francis Milliner, so we cannot return his ashes to the Prince as one might return the body of a fallen noble to their liege as a sign of respect for an honoured adversary. But, we'll have to do what we can to ameliorate the consequences."

Anja wrote:"No we do not want another war, and from what I have heard about Detroit that is not a situation we would want yes so let us hope we can resolve the situation that that the Camarilla do not go to war with us."
The elderly woman said with a frown.
Nicole wrote:'That's like asking someone if they'd prefer their stroke to kill 'em or simply paralyse.' she replied acidly.
He frowned, "More accurately like asking whether you want your ticks with or without Lyme disease. You're still getting the ticks, but at least you can avoid long-term illness..."

Jeremy wrote:"I will I will. I wanna go to a shooting gallery anyways. Sounds really cool." Serge assured Colin, glad that he didn't mention that it was Nicole who had given him the pistol.
Nicole wrote:'I already offered that, remember?' referring to the fact the Etherite had suggested basic small arms training last month for all members of the cabal.
He nodded to Nicole, "Oh, I remember, but that doesn't help if our mascot here 'forgets' to attend."

Anja wrote:"I hope you escape the Battle Cruiser my host our family will need us, but I can nto tell you if you will or if you will not, my main task is to learn through letting you learn, I can be a guide but not a director."
"But I hope to stay with you for a good long while."
He smiled, 'Of course, and I would prefer to make it out, too. With a little luck, I'll burst out of there like a mad man in a blue box the moment the shields go down... I've got twenty years to prepare the calculations, and I won't care if my neighbours on Horizon think me a bit insane for building a TARDIS in my front yard... So let's have a cup of tea and drink to many more good years ahead, shall we?'

Jeremy wrote:"That spirit does sound like a dick. That was a really cool trick it did though...." Serge said with the faintest hint of admiration for the effect.
Anja wrote:"While calling things after certain anatomical bits is not something I approve of Mr Yager, yes it really is exactly that."
Hildegard said and she raised an eyebrow.
He grimaced, "That was not a cool trick, that was... precisely what your own Tradition has some of the strictest rules against."

Anja wrote:"Let us see if we can find this back entrance then Miss Bouchard."
Hildegard replied.
It was just at the end of twilight it was not yet full dark but it was pretty close to it and the few remaining street lights that where still working was on.
Anja wrote:"Hum...I am not sure these good people are used to five white people walking in though it would not surprise me if this building do not have one single white person living here, other than perhaps this Italian blood slave, then again if we are pretending to be a group of policemen and women and a social worker we would nto go skulking in the back door."
The Chorister commented.
Nicole wrote:'Cops would if possible look for a secondary entry. Not just for trying to avoid detection by the targets, but to be seen less by the neighbours. Aware of being seen as "the Man" in a world of Black Lives Matter. Plus, do we really want to be carrying out the target with at least a dozen eyes watching us?'
Anja wrote:"You do have a fair point Miss Bouchard, what if we look for th back entrance to locate it so we at least can leave that way once we got the boy?"
Hildegard said.
"And we would want to cause as little commotion among the residents as possible."
She hadded.
"The fewer who remembers our faces the better."
He nodded, "Touché, and we'll need to check for rear entrance - but if there's no proper rear parking, that's going to look a little more conspicuous if we leave the car there. But by all means, circle the building. Fio implied he's often gone here with company, likely several of whom were quite white and wealthier-looking than the local area would normally host. And don't assume only people of colour live in such run-down neighbourhoods - there are plenty of poor white people in these areas, too."

Jeremy wrote:"Do you guys want me to cast the sleep spell now or wait till we're closer to the target apartment?" Serge asked the group.
Anja wrote:"Can it work at this distance and if so will the spell last until we get to the apartment Mr Yager? It is up to Mr Wainwright who are leading this mission but I would say that if you can do it from here and it will last then I see no reason to put it of."
He shook his head, "Let's wait until we get a look at the ward - wouldn't want to accidentally trip it prematurely. If we don't see a ward on the apartment itself, go right ahead."
He fished out his glasses, "Alright, if everyone agrees, I'll start looking for magical wards and traces now..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:24 pm

[Subaru/Boston]

Colin nodded, "I haven't had to test it in battle yet, but it does work perfectly well for placing a pinpoint of light in a dark room. Even got a good mechanism for closing off the opening, too, to avoid accidents. Might consider trying to make it a long-term enchantment rather than casting it on the fly each time, but then again, the earth's rotation makes that a more cumbersome proposition..."

"Practical both for killing vampires and amusing cats. A permanent enchantment might be a good choice but they are hard to do and expensive, and as you said the effect would have to be moved depending on the time of day so it would be complicated."
Hildegard said with a nod.

He frowned and nodded, "Indeed, which is why we have to apply the equivalent of surgical precision - we can't afford to apply the shotgun approach. We'll need to not only be sure of our targets, but also be able to prove it satisfyingly to the Prince. Unfortunately, we don't have Francis Milliner, so we cannot return his ashes to the Prince as one might return the body of a fallen noble to their liege as a sign of respect for an honoured adversary. But, we'll have to do what we can to ameliorate the consequences."

"Even so Mr Wainwright, let us say I had done something to threaten the sleepers do you thin the Traditions would be particularly friend if the vampires had killed me and returned my corpse to them? And what if it was something that only affected their society, let us say I started hunting vampires do you think there would be no response if the vampires executed me? I doubt they will be more friendly than us if we continue to destroy members of their society no matter how surgically we go about it."
The Chorister replied sounding doubtful.

He smiled, 'Of course, and I would prefer to make it out, too. With a little luck, I'll burst out of there like a mad man in a blue box the moment the shields go down... I've got twenty years to prepare the calculations, and I won't care if my neighbours on Horizon think me a bit insane for building a TARDIS in my front yard... So let's have a cup of tea and drink to many more good years ahead, shall we?'

"Indeed so, and there are more insane things done on Horizon than a blue time machine, so yes my host let us have tea indeed, and hope for the best. Perhaps this time around my host can have a good, long life."

He nodded, "Touché, and we'll need to check for rear entrance - but if there's no proper rear parking, that's going to look a little more conspicuous if we leave the car there. But by all means, circle the building. Fio implied he's often gone here with company, likely several of whom were quite white and wealthier-looking than the local area would normally host. And don't assume only people of colour live in such run-down neighbourhoods - there are plenty of poor white people in these areas, too."

"Certainly there are allot of poor white people. I am just going from what I read on the internet on Jane's talet, that this area of Boston have an almost 80 percent black population."
Hildegard said.
"And I would say that locating the back entrance is wise and then find the most practical place to park. Hum...Fio Giovanni would stick out like a sore thumb in this area though."

He shook his head, "Let's wait until we get a look at the ward - wouldn't want to accidentally trip it prematurely. If we don't see a ward on the apartment itself, go right ahead."
He fished out his glasses, "Alright, if everyone agrees, I'll start looking for magical wards and traces now..."

Hildegard nodded she pulled a pure silver tuning fork out of her pocket and sang to it with a clear note. The fork you had made for her years ago after her old one had become worn out with use, melting down the silver from the old tool. Then the Chorister held up a hand for silence and listened to the fork for a moment.
"There are two wards in the building, one attract two bound ghosts, the other is a folk magic jar ward which will only trigger if the owner are attacked, I do not think this is made by our targets, probably a hedge wizard have his or her home in the buulding, the one that summons ghosts though...that is the more tricky one."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:52 pm

[Mattapan]

Anja wrote:"That might be so Mr Yager but a combat situation is not about feeling good it is about surviving, so the question is can you do it. I am not going to sing a full aria for the joy of it in the middle of a battle either even if I might if I am casting a spell on my own time just to revel in it."

"Yeah, I can do it." Serge grumbled, looking through the thousands of pictures he had for ones that would be appropriate for the situation. "Keep in mind that with so little time and with old pictures like these I can only affect one or two senses. So yeah, I can make them see things on fire or feel their gun burn but they won't smell smoke."

Colin wrote:He shook his head, "It's not about mass producing Foci, but about making a number of unique Foci for specific purposes. Like how I have a wand for controlling probability, and a ring for controlling raw Quintessence, and a dagger for manipulating spatial distances - and my little 'laser pointer' specifically for making portals to somewhere sunny in case I need a precise bit of sunlight. It's a lot quicker and more precise than taking ten minutes to draw up everything I need in a circle just to fling a Prime bolt or picking something up from the other end of the room."

"But we're very different aren't we?" Serge said with a shrug. "Sure I'd love to have cool unique bits of equipment for everything. A robe for teleportation, some glasses for mind shenanigans. And it'd work for a bit. But eventually I'd get bored of using the same thing over and over and my magick would suffer because of it. Using tools that never change, that's not what I'm about."

Nicole wrote:'So... you move around by hopping and would clean a car using a toothbrush?' Nicole replied. 'And when in a situation like this you simply don't have the time to to it to the level you'd personally like.'

"I feel like those situation are very different. Mass producing my drawings is more akin to figuring out a hyper-efficient way of cleaning your car but half the time it just didn't work and made your car dirtier rather than cleaning it. Sure it might be faster half of the time, but the other half it's just worse." Serge said glancing at the back of Nicole car seat.

Anja wrote:You think you got the scrambler up pretty well.

Serge raised his eyebrows as Jon's app began to malfunction. "Hey, I think that spell you just cast screwed with the spell apps."

Anja wrote:"Can it work at this distance and if so will the spell last until we get to the apartment Mr Yager? It is up to Mr Wainwright who are leading this mission but I would say that if you can do it from here and it will last then I see no reason to put it of."
Colin wrote:He shook his head, "Let's wait until we get a look at the ward - wouldn't want to accidentally trip it prematurely. If we don't see a ward on the apartment itself, go right ahead."
Anja wrote:Hildegard nodded she pulled a pure silver tuning fork out of her pocket and sang to it with a clear note. The fork you had made for her years ago after her old one had become worn out with use, melting down the silver from the old tool. Then the Chorister held up a hand for silence and listened to the fork for a moment.
"There are two wards in the building, one attract two bound ghosts, the other is a folk magic jar ward which will only trigger if the owner are attacked, I do not think this is made by our targets, probably a hedge wizard have his or her home in the buulding, the one that summons ghosts though...that is the more tricky one."

Serge nodded and took the time to finish up his drawing of Shawn, adding a background and several mysterious fanged people within in them who seemed very interested in the boy.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:04 pm

[Mattapan]

"Yeah, I can do it." Serge grumbled, looking through the thousands of pictures he had for ones that would be appropriate for the situation. "Keep in mind that with so little time and with old pictures like these I can only affect one or two senses. So yeah, I can make them see things on fire or feel their gun burn but they won't smell smoke."

"Sometimes you will not get ideal casting conditions young man, that means you have to make do and in a fight usually speed is more important than things being perfect, just affecting one sense should do. Also you have helped Jane fall asleep some evenings, she have been having some problems sleeping after that Bane spirit tried to get in through her window, and have you not worked on adding details to the same drawing several times you have helped her sleep"
Hildegard asked.
"Perhaps you can draw something half finished that you can just add a few lines to if we get into a situation where we need a illusion quickly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 pm

[Suburu/Boston]

'What? Where?' Nicole replied, looking around as though believing the car was under attack.

"We passed it, but I can feel it using it's abilities..."

'What the fuck just happened there?' a combination of confused and annoyed.

"A spirit decided to attack us, I have banished it."
Hildegard commented.
'Well, next time that happens don't simply shout out. Nearly clipped that badly-parked Pontiac.'

He frowned at the recollection of the spirit that had tried to paralyze him with grief and guilt. Then he checked on his spirit friend, which he decided to nickname Flicker for the time being. "I thought it was going to attack us physically also, that's been the case lately."

'I did at least give him a quick 101 on it.'

"Good...still it seems insufficient as he says he doesn't know anything at the moment."

He nodded, "Either of us, really - but come next year, you are coming along to the shooting range and getting some expert lessons. Not up for debate. Lacking the absolute fundamentals makes you more dangerous to yourself than anyone else when you have a gun."
"I will I will. I wanna go to a shooting gallery anyways. Sounds really cool." Serge assured Colin, glad that he didn't mention that it was Nicole who had given him the pistol. Pulling out a pen the young cultist said, "Which hand do you fire your gun with Ad....amicus?"

"I have trained with both but I am right handed," he replied, watching him draw.

When the symbol was done Serge offered his hand to his cabalmate and said, "And now we shake hands like gentlemen while you think about every single time you've fired a gun with that hand."

"That is a lot of times," he said, tipping his head. He reached his right hand out towards him, so they could shake. He thought of all the times he'd gone to training, at first. Basic things - how not to shoot yourself and others, how to hold a weapon properly, aim, fire and change ammunition, under the guidance of his mentor and sometimes his sora. Then, what to do if it jammed, all in a safe environment. Then...more recent memories - chaotic, having to shoot and aim during intense pressure, knowing he could be shot or worse. In fires, in the near dark. Using magick to help him find targets that he could not see, making a headshot through a back window of a vehicle to stop a Nephandi calling a spirit. Nephandi, so many Nephandi (dead) and allies (dead, dying, in need of help). Firing when people's lives were at risk, when he was afraid, when he was in pain. When the floor was made of flesh (everything in the Labyrinths was flesh and viscera). Werebears. Blood everywhere, and bodies, and the smell of burning. Running out of ammo, knowing that he could be killed while he reloaded. Missing his targets. Hitting things he didn't want to hit. Hitting his targets but they were protected. Frustration. Anger. Pain. Under the influences of spirits that were baneful and beneficial. Hostering it. Drawing it. Time at the range until his hands and arms were tired and hurt for days until he got used to it.  All the emotions underneath and then the discipline of having shot his weapon so many times it was a reflex, of the moment when the emotions seemed to turn into a blank page and he wrote all the words fresh across the pages of his own making, when there were no thoughts but the battle at hand.

[Building]

Serge raised his eyebrows as Jon's app began to malfunction. "Hey, I think that spell you just cast screwed with the spell apps."

"Ah, damn should have realized that would happen..."

The car was now pretty close to the building, it could be seen there, it had been painted white at some point but it was now gray with age and neglect, a group of small children, perhaps five or six where playing outside, their clothes old and cheap, and a woman with long hair in braids where sitting at one of the windows smoking while on the phone. There where not really any back entrance, there where parking lots...well more places where there where room to park close to the back of the building though it only had one entrance.
'Hmm... we'll swing round the back. Unless Slumlord has subdivided, should be a rear entry for a fire escape. And if there is, somebody would surely have it propped open with a brick or something. Laziness being what it is...' Nicole mused, driving past the target building and then planning to double-back to get to the rear.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and started to gather up his things, then kept a lookout for anything suspicious.

Hildegard nodded she pulled a pure silver tuning fork out of her pocket and sang to it with a clear note. The fork you had made for her years ago after her old one had become worn out with use, melting down the silver from the old tool. Then the Chorister held up a hand for silence and listened to the fork for a moment.

"Do you suppose the ghost remains or anchors are around here?" he asked, thoughtfully. "I assume they can't be too far if they're bound, but I'm not sure how this works, as far is sort of relative to spirits."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 pm

[Mattapan]

Anja wrote:"Sometimes you will not get ideal casting conditions young man, that means you have to make do and in a fight usually speed is more important than things being perfect, just affecting one sense should do. Also you have helped Jane fall asleep some evenings, she have been having some problems sleeping after that Bane spirit tried to get in through her window, and have you not worked on adding details to the same drawing several times you have helped her sleep"
Hildegard asked.
"Perhaps you can draw something half finished that you can just add a few lines to if we get into a situation where we need a illusion quickly."

"I know I know. That's why I have the pictures on my phones and random symbols all over my person." Serge said jingling his keys that had numerous symbolic keychains attached to the keyring. "I've also done the half-finished drawing trick before as well. I did it with the picture of Shawn. Once I've seen what the buildings look like I'm gonna add backgrounds to it to finish it."

Adley wrote:"That is a lot of times," he said, tipping his head. He reached his right hand out towards him, so they could shake. He thought of all the times he'd gone to training, at first. Basic things - how not to shoot yourself and others, how to hold a weapon properly, aim, fire and change ammunition, under the guidance of his mentor and sometimes his sora. Then, what to do if it jammed, all in a safe environment. Then...more recent memories - chaotic, having to shoot and aim during intense pressure, knowing he could be shot or worse. In fires, in the near dark. Using magick to help him find targets that he could not see, making a headshot through a back window of a vehicle to stop a Nephandi calling a spirit. Nephandi, so many Nephandi (dead) and allies (dead, dying, in need of help). Firing when people's lives were at risk, when he was afraid, when he was in pain. When the floor was made of flesh (everything in the Labyrinths was flesh and viscera). Werebears. Blood everywhere, and bodies, and the smell of burning. Running out of ammo, knowing that he could be killed while he reloaded. Missing his targets. Hitting things he didn't want to hit. Hitting his targets but they were protected. Frustration. Anger. Pain. Under the influences of spirits that were baneful and beneficial. Hostering it. Drawing it. Time at the range until his hands and arms were tired and hurt for days until he got used to it.  All the emotions underneath and then the discipline of having shot his weapon so many times it was a reflex, of the moment when the emotions seemed to turn into a blank page and he wrote all the words fresh across the pages of his own making, when there were no thoughts but the battle at hand.

As Serge gripped his cabalamates hand, he focused on the symbol on the back of his hand. A union of flowers and flames. One entity enhanced by the strength of the other, exactly what he was attempting at this very moment. He focused on the symbol and used power to extend the reach of his mind into that of his cabalmate, gathering the knowledge that the Flambeau offered him and become enhanced just like the flower in the symbol.

Adley wrote:"Do you suppose the ghost remains or anchors are around here?" he asked, thoughtfully. "I assume they can't be too far if they're bound, but I'm not sure how this works, as far is sort of relative to spirits."

"I heard about those anchors. Aren't they called fetters?" Serge said remembering what little knowledge about ghosts he had learned from Henrietta.

(OOC: Mind 3 Skillshare. Attempting to gain dots in firearm from Adley.

Arete: 9, 6, 2, 3 - 7, 1, 1, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:15 pm

[Mattapan]

He frowned at the recollection of the spirit that had tried to paralyze him with grief and guilt. Then he checked on his spirit friend, which he decided to nickname Flicker for the time being. "I thought it was going to attack us physically also, that's been the case lately."

Flicker had been scared at the presence of the much more powerful and quite aggressive spirit so she had hid deep into the hood of your sweater and her humming had changed into a scared mewww sound, she was shaking but she still glowed softly greeen and she was okey.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and started to gather up his things, then kept a lookout for anything suspicious.

Not much was happening, the children kept playing tag outside of the building. A little old lady with a grocery basket was making her way inside, she was tiny and bent from artistes and walking with a cane, her clothes where old but well kept, she might be poor but she took pride in her appearance. Cars passed to ans from and the delli next door had new customers every now and again. A group of teenage girls was hanging outside the delli each one with a slushie or a juice and most of them busy on their phones. A man with a baby on one arm and take away food from the delli was making his way to the car, all in all it just looked like early evening anywhere other than the look of hopelessness many of the residents had in their eyes and just how run down everything was, you could allmost smell the Entropic Quintessence on the air.

Do you suppose the ghost remains or anchors are around here?" he asked, thoughtfully. "I assume they can't be too far if they're bound, but I'm not sure how this works, as far is sort of relative to spirits."

"Ghosts are stronger near their fetters but they do not have to be in contact with them constantly, even so it is likely they are around. I can cast a spell to find out but it is likely they will sense what I am doing."
Hildegard replied.

"I heard about those anchors. Aren't they called fetters?" Serge said remembering what little knowledge about ghosts he had learned from Henrietta.

"Very good young man, that is what ghosts call it themselves at least, and they like to refer to themselves as Wraiths I hear."
The Chorister said with a smile for Serge.

"I know I know. That's why I have the pictures on my phones and random symbols all over my person." Serge said jingling his keys that had numerous symbolic keychains attached to the keyring. "I've also done the half-finished drawing trick before as well. I did it with the picture of Shawn. Once I've seen what the buildings look like I'm gonna add backgrounds to it to finish it."

"Good good it seams we have a plan then, if we get incoming vampires the rest of us will cover you and you will see if your illusions can get them out of the way without us having to fight them directly."
The elderly woman replied with an nod, she sounded like she would not take no for an answer here, the Chorister was used to getting her way.

As Serge gripped his cabalamates hand, he focused on the symbol on the back of his hand. A union of flowers and flames. One entity enhanced by the strength of the other, exactly what he was attempting at this very moment. He focused on the symbol and used power to extend the reach of his mind into that of his cabalmate, gathering the knowledge that the Flambeau offered him and become enhanced just like the flower in the symbol.

There was a seriousness over the knowledge you got from your Cabalmate, there was the gravity of what a gun could do, the duty of protecting those around you and the knowledge than in battle every breath could be your last, while you did not get Adley's thoughts directly just the skills he had developed though allot of work and hardship, a sense of seriousness and duty came along with the skills.

(OOC: That is two successes so two dots but since Strife put so much time and effort into his description of Adley's skills I will give Serge one more dot.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 pm

[Mattapan]

Anja wrote:"Ghosts are stronger near their fetters but they do not have to be in contact with them constantly, even so it is likely they are around. I can cast a spell to find out but it is likely they will sense what I am doing."
Hildegard replied.
Anja wrote:"Very good young man, that is what ghosts call it themselves at least, and they like to refer to themselves as Wraiths I hear."
The Chorister said with a smile for Serge.

"Wraiths! That sounds so much better than just calling them ghosts." Serge said, clearly pleased with that information. "Anyways if finding these fetters will alert them than I don't think we should do it. Better to focus on getting Shawn quickly without drawing to much attention to ourselves."

Anja wrote:"Good good it seams we have a plan then, if we get incoming vampires the rest of us will cover you and you will see if your illusions can get them out of the way without us having to fight them directly."
The elderly woman replied with an nod, she sounded like she would not take no for an answer here, the Chorister was used to getting her way.

"Sounds like a plan." Serge said with a nod. "Speaking of which, remember to set your proximity alarms and turn them on guys." he said referring to the rest of the group and turning on his own proximity alarm that was set to detect spirits.

Anja wrote:There was a seriousness over the knowledge you got from your Cabalmate, there was the gravity of what a gun could do, the duty of protecting those around you and the knowledge than in battle every breath could be your last, while you did not get Adley's thoughts directly just the skills he had developed though allot of work and hardship, a sense of seriousness and duty came along with the skills.

A serious look fell on Serge's face as Adley's years of discipline and sense of duty overtook him. Once the spell was done he let go of his cabalmates hand's and stared at his own for a bit.

"Well that's done. Your very similar to Ms. Mar. Although your feelings were....more expressive." he said looking a little bummed out, his cheerful demeanor having been subdued by the wave of gritty realism that came with the knowledge.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 am

[Mattapan]

"Wraiths! That sounds so much better than just calling them ghosts." Serge said, clearly pleased with that information. "Anyways if finding these fetters will alert them than I don't think we should do it. Better to focus on getting Shawn quickly without drawing to much attention to ourselves."

"I should be able to banish them without having their fetters."
Hildegard said.
"That might not free them but it should get them out of our hair for long enough for us to get Shawn and get away safely which would be the whole point for us, though I hate to leave those creatures enslaved like that."

"Sounds like a plan." Serge said with a nod. "Speaking of which, remember to set your proximity alarms and turn them on guys." he said referring to the rest of the group and turning on his own proximity alarm that was set to detect spirits.

"I do not have the apps but yes those who have should use them, Mr Sherman made them to be used after all. But yes it seams we are about ready to go as soon as we find a good place to park."
The Chorister said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:07 am

[Mattapan]

Anja wrote:"I should be able to banish them without having their fetters."
Hildegard said.
"That might not free them but it should get them out of our hair for long enough for us to get Shawn and get away safely which would be the whole point for us, though I hate to leave those creatures enslaved like that."

"Would banishing those wraiths ahead of time alert the vampire who enslaved them in the first place?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:09 am

[Mattapan]

"If he or she is worth their salt as a necromancer yes it will so we will have to move with some speed, but since we do not know what their orders are banishing them as soon as possible is probably wise."
Hildegard replied with a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:17 am

[Mattapan]

Anja wrote:"If he or she is worth their salt as a necromancer yes it will so we will have to move with some speed, but since we do not know what their orders are banishing them as soon as possible is probably wise."

"I'm not really partial to the banishing them as soon as possible if it puts a countdown timer on us." Serge said with a frown. "Rather than banish, could you lure the wraiths away? Perhaps with an emotional tug similar to their fetters?"

As he spoke, he looked back down at Jon's map app to see the layout of the building and the ghosts that were likely bound within, forgetting quite quickly that he was still in Colin scrambler field.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am

[Mattapan]

I'm not really partial to the banishing them as soon as possible if it puts a countdown timer on us." Serge said with a frown. "Rather than banish, could you lure the wraiths away? Perhaps with an emotional tug similar to their fetters?"

"No doubtfully, not as long as they are bound, they are forced to act against their will by the necromancer controlling them, if I thought they where acting of their own accord then just talking with them would probably be better but as long as they are bound there is little I can do other than either banishing them or trying to undo the working holding them."
Hildegard replied.

As he spoke, he looked back down at Jon's map app to see the layout of the building and the ghosts that were likely bound within, forgetting quite quickly that he was still in Colin scrambler field.

If you where still in the car the app just said, can not connect, and you got nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 am

[Mattapan]

Anja wrote:"No doubtfully, not as long as they are bound, they are forced to act against their will by the necromancer controlling them, if I thought they where acting of their own accord then just talking with them would probably be better but as long as they are bound there is little I can do other than either banishing them or trying to undo the working holding them."
Hildegard replied.

"How about making us invisible to them? IS that an option? Making it so they can't see or sense us?" Serge asked.

Anja wrote:If you where still in the car the app just said, can not connect, and you got nothing.

Serge hung his head in shame upon seeing the evil message that plagued the modern youth. "How did I forget that so quickly....ugh."

Tilting his head back and to the side, Serge looked at the building to get a better look at it. He glanced mainly at the second floor balconies, remembering that the apartment they were tasked to visit was on the second floor.

He looked to see if any stood out, whether due to having strange decoration or lack of any decorations.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:57 am

[Mattapan]

"How about making us invisible to them? IS that an option? Making it so they can't see or sense us?" Serge asked.

"Yes possibly but if the ward go off and the ghosts do not see anyone that might still alert their master after all if your door alarm went off but there was no one there you would want to know why right?"
The Chorister replied.

Serge hung his head in shame upon seeing the evil message that plagued the modern youth. "How did I forget that so quickly....ugh."

"Is there a problem Mr Yager?"
Hildegard asked as she raised an eyebrow and glanced over at Serge.

Tilting his head back and to the side, Serge looked at the building to get a better look at it. He glanced mainly at the second floor balconies, remembering that the apartment they were tasked to visit was on the second floor.

He looked to see if any stood out, whether due to having strange decoration or lack of any decorations.

There where no balkonies, there apartments where rather bare bones, noen of them really stood out though, every one had cheap curtains of verious fabrics and colors, some of them had flowers on the windowsill, the only one that was different was the one where a woman was smoking out the window while talking on the phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:34 pm

[Subaru/Boston]
Anja wrote:"Practical both for killing vampires and amusing cats. A permanent enchantment might be a good choice but they are hard to do and expensive, and as you said the effect would have to be moved depending on the time of day so it would be complicated."
Hildegard said with a nod.
Colin smiled wryly, "I'm not strong enough to do permanency yet - I can reliably do maybe half a year, with a bit of effort, but anything beyond that is riskier than I would prefer. But for a portal to wherever on Earth it is noon at any given time, well... the mathematics involved are complex enough I might be down to a week's duration for a full day of work, tops. Not really worth the effort, when I can get it working for half an hour in a matter of seconds each time."

Jeremy wrote:"But we're very different aren't we?" Serge said with a shrug. "Sure I'd love to have cool unique bits of equipment for everything. A robe for teleportation, some glasses for mind shenanigans. And it'd work for a bit. But eventually I'd get bored of using the same thing over and over and my magick would suffer because of it. Using tools that never change, that's not what I'm about."
He shrugged, "Not all that different, but let us compare it to Master Haagen instead - he prepares his potions a good while in advance, and I believe some of them are essentially half-done, so he can mix the two halves of the compound into the final active form at a moment's notice, too, such as for extra-volatile grenades and the like. I'm not saying you make a handful of generic pictures to use over and over again, but preparing a few dozen half-finished drawings that only need the finishing touches - facial expressions, the weapon of the person you're trying to remove from the fight, that sort of thing - on something the size of a Tarot card or so would be able to save you a lot of time in the heat of battle, and give you a lot more flexibility. In fact, I suspect that if you were to make a stack of generic drawings to be used as-is repeatedly, they'd lose potency fast; I've seen your work, and you do better when there's something unique to latch on to."

Anja wrote:"Even so Mr Wainwright, let us say I had done something to threaten the sleepers do you thin the Traditions would be particularly friend if the vampires had killed me and returned my corpse to them? And what if it was something that only affected their society, let us say I started hunting vampires do you think there would be no response if the vampires executed me? I doubt they will be more friendly than us if we continue to destroy members of their society no matter how surgically we go about it."
The Chorister replied sounding doubtful.
He nodded, "No, they'll not be happy. Which is why we need the solid proof of the necessity of our actions and a very carefully prepared diplomatic gesture ready very, very quickly. The fact that we have very good grounds to expect an attack by the Sabbat may be the only thing that can keep this from escalating between us and them - we need to show that we are, in fact, fighting a common enemy, and as we can act during the day, the Prince is better served by keeping us... on retainer, as it were. It's not an ideal situation, however much we can reduce the eventual fallout, but it's a bloody lot better than what's likely ot happen if we don't..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge raised his eyebrows as Jon's app began to malfunction. "Hey, I think that spell you just cast screwed with the spell apps."
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, damn should have realized that would happen..."
He smiled wryly, "Ah, yes, sorry, the ward does that - but honestly, that's a fairly small price to pay for being essentially invisible to spirits while we're in the car. At the very least, any ghosts guarding the apartment will likely not be able to figure out how we leave the premises if we have to make a smash and grab of it. It won't affect anyone outside the car."

Anja wrote:"Certainly there are allot of poor white people. I am just going from what I read on the internet on Jane's talet, that this area of Boston have an almost 80 percent black population."
Hildegard said.
"And I would say that locating the back entrance is wise and then find the most practical place to park. Hum...Fio Giovanni would stick out like a sore thumb in this area though."
He nodded, "I was not aware of the population statistics, but yes, Fio Giovanni would be the sort of person the locals would meticulously ignore... Bastard probably victimized a few of the residents, too, because his money let him act with impunity..."

Anja wrote:Hildegard nodded she pulled a pure silver tuning fork out of her pocket and sang to it with a clear note. The fork you had made for her years ago after her old one had become worn out with use, melting down the silver from the old tool. Then the Chorister held up a hand for silence and listened to the fork for a moment.
He nodded, then arched an eyebrow, "Folk magic jar ward? So something like a wasp trap?"

Jeremy wrote:"How about making us invisible to them? IS that an option? Making it so they can't see or sense us?" Serge asked.
Anja wrote:"Yes possibly but if the ward go off and the ghosts do not see anyone that might still alert their master after all if your door alarm went off but there was no one there you would want to know why right?"
The Chorister replied.
He pondered, "My ward does essentially that to spirits; it might be useful to give parts of our group that sort of protection outside the car - specifically, Madame Gottschalk and Mr. Yager, to provide them with the better opportunity to work undetected and provide an extra layer of safety..."
He adjusted his glasses and muttered, "Magia spectare."

((OOC: I'm awake. Also, Arete roll for good ol' wizard's sight. Wink 4,6,0. Yeah, Colin should be able to see the wards clearly when there are no walls in the way. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:17 pm

[Boston]

Serge's Post:

'I can train southpaw if needed.' Nicole replied. It might have been noticed that recently - such as today - the Etherite had taken to wearing left-handed pistol holsters.

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

'I do know Mattapan, y'know. But at least two of us are in "sore thumb" territory.'

Serge's Post:

'If it doesn't work half the time, it's then not efficient.' Nicole retorted. 'What you need to do is do a time-motion study on your workings, and work out what bits can be pre-done.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm.. how about simply setting them free? After what shit they've pulled today, see no problem in letting 'em go to go and get revenge or something.' Nicole commented, now circling the block to get a feel of the vicinity and see where the rear entry was.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm

[Mattapan]

Colin smiled wryly, "I'm not strong enough to do permanency yet - I can reliably do maybe half a year, with a bit of effort, but anything beyond that is riskier than I would prefer. But for a portal to wherever on Earth it is noon at any given time, well... the mathematics involved are complex enough I might be down to a week's duration for a full day of work, tops. Not really worth the effort, when I can get it working for half an hour in a matter of seconds each time."

"Sometimes it is better to just cast the spells needed directly rather than trying to create a talisman."
Hildegard agreed.

He shrugged, "Not all that different, but let us compare it to Master Haagen instead - he prepares his potions a good while in advance, and I believe some of them are essentially half-done, so he can mix the two halves of the compound into the final active form at a moment's notice, too, such as for extra-volatile grenades and the like. I'm not saying you make a handful of generic pictures to use over and over again, but preparing a few dozen half-finished drawings that only need the finishing touches - facial expressions, the weapon of the person you're trying to remove from the fight, that sort of thing - on something the size of a Tarot card or so would be able to save you a lot of time in the heat of battle, and give you a lot more flexibility. In fact, I suspect that if you were to make a stack of generic drawings to be used as-is repeatedly, they'd lose potency fast; I've seen your work, and you do better when there's something unique to latch on to."

"I can confirm that Mr Wainwright. Darrian's potions can take a long time to make so he have to prepare them, or components for them and do the alchemical processes in advance in order for him to have some flexibility when he need magick."
The Chorister said about her Cabalmate.

He nodded, "No, they'll not be happy. Which is why we need the solid proof of the necessity of our actions and a very carefully prepared diplomatic gesture ready very, very quickly. The fact that we have very good grounds to expect an attack by the Sabbat may be the only thing that can keep this from escalating between us and them - we need to show that we are, in fact, fighting a common enemy, and as we can act during the day, the Prince is better served by keeping us... on retainer, as it were. It's not an ideal situation, however much we can reduce the eventual fallout, but it's a bloody lot better than what's likely ot happen if we don't..."

"I do not think it will do much Mr Wainwright if we have proof, even if we had gotten prof that vampires acted in self defense would we allow them to execute our own, one time might have been overlooked in order to preserve diplomacy, beyond that we would feel overruled and that the vampires tried to control us, the same they are likely to feel. The only way we can avoid a war after this I think is if we appear so powerful that to attack us would be suicide or if the vampires need us, in any other situations their leader will have to attack us or loose face."

He smiled wryly, "Ah, yes, sorry, the ward does that - but honestly, that's a fairly small price to pay for being essentially invisible to spirits while we're in the car. At the very least, any ghosts guarding the apartment will likely not be able to figure out how we leave the premises if we have to make a smash and grab of it. It won't affect anyone outside the car."

"It is certainly a most useful spell Mr Wainwright."
The elderly singer said with a approving nod.

He nodded, "I was not aware of the population statistics, but yes, Fio Giovanni would be the sort of person the locals would meticulously ignore... Bastard probably victimized a few of the residents, too, because his money let him act with impunity..."

"It would not surprise me if he did, it would not be uncommon for the rich to victimize the poor simply because if he got caught he could pay to have the problem go away, at least now there will be one less predator."
Hildegard said darkly.

He nodded, then arched an eyebrow, "Folk magic jar ward? So something like a wasp trap?"

"Something like that you take a bottle or yar and you fill it with sharp and nasty things and then you ehm...relieve yourself in the jar, spells directed at you then hit the jar instead and either the spell get cut apart or it counter attacks the caster, it is a stable in Hoodoo and Conjure, Miss Blackwell have one active at all times for example."
The Chorister explained.

He pondered, "My ward does essentially that to spirits; it might be useful to give parts of our group that sort of protection outside the car - specifically, Madame Gottschalk and Mr. Yager, to provide them with the better opportunity to work undetected and provide an extra layer of safety..."
He adjusted his glasses and muttered, "Magia spectare."

You cast your spell and saw two spells in the building, one was a collection of broken glass, spikes, needles bits of metal and nails just waiting for any spell, it was a weak but effective bit of magic. The other where a set of chains, you saw two ghosts, a large man in a 1930's suit with a smart hat and cane and a young black woman with long braided hair wearing jeans and a tshirt. Both of them where bound with glowing chains and glowing railroad spikes where hammered into their heads, the ghosts where clasping their heads and their eyes where dull and glossed over as they moaned in misery and pain.

I do know Mattapan, y'know. But at least two of us are in "sore thumb" territory.'

"Sore thumb? I am not sure I understand Miss Bouchard."
Hildegard asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"But yes if you know the area please take charge of finding where to park."

'Hmm.. how about simply setting them free? After what shit they've pulled today, see no problem in letting 'em go to go and get revenge or something.' Nicole commented, now circling the block to get a feel of the vicinity and see where the rear entry was.

"I might be able to undo the spell holding the ghosts, it will not be easy and the necromancer might feel his spell being broken but it is possible."
Hildegard said and she frowned.
"Hum...it might be the best and most merciful thing to do as those spirits are suffering quite badly under their yoke."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:59 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'"Not uncommon"? Try "normal".' the Etherite muttered sourly.

Anja's Post:

'As in "sticks out like a sore thumb". Know places like this, me; if all goes well there will be quite a few folk 'round here gossiping about who we were exactly and why...'

Anja's Post:

'Oh dear, the necromancer might know.' she replied sardonically. 'Well... do these... ghosts or whatever have their own society or something? Might get a little bit of kudos by setting 'em free...' sounding rather doubtful about it all.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next