Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 3 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:39 pm

[Basement]

"Relax. Relax man. I love that sound. Used to do it all the time when I was a kid. Click clack all you want." Serge said hastily, trying to assure Shawn that he had done nothing wrong.

"A...are you sure Sir?"
Shawn asked looking nervous but a little relieved.
"You are not going to punish me?"

"Sorry we couldn't get you a better room. But with some more stuff and a little decorating this place will look pretty cool." Serge said with a nod. "Do you have any ideas on what you what? Furniture and stuff like that."

"The room is fine Sir, it have shelter and a bed I do not need or deserve anything else."
The boy said and he looked down hesitantly.
"I am just a Thin Blooded."

He sighed. " Consider then that they betray what you actually believe in, and what your apprentices died for - what would be a more tragic waste than that? To hold your tongue for such," then he was gone upstairs.

Kallan did not reply he just looked at you as you left the cell, your words had an impact though but the question was if it would be enough.

[Third Floor]

"I'm sure that is helpful. Frater, did you need a moment? We could talk, now if you wish or soon once I attend to another task. Sora, that task I may ask your assistance to complete." Then he returned his attention to Kyle. "I know what happened was difficult."

"I hope so. And just tell me what you need brother."
Helena said and she nodded. Kyle looked at you.
"I...would like to talk, but if you have more important things to attend to I can wait."
He said in a tired tone of voice and he looked down.
"H...he...that man he...went for Jane and I...I did not want to kill him, but I...had to do something and then the fire left my hands and he was through the window...I could hear...hear...his ribs cracking I...did not mean to kill him."
The young mage said tears welling up in his eyes.
"I just wanted to protect the younger kids as I had been tasked, I just wanted to protect them..."

'Shapeshifter, perhaps?' Nicole replied. 'Well, let's see who it is...'

"Yeah how do you want to play this Nick. I can teleport down there and try to draw her attention to make sure she do not run away if you make sure you head down as quickly as possible. I can shoot well but I am not good at close quarters combat."
Jon replied.
"Or we could just both run down the stairs and see if we can get her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 3 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 pm

[Chantry Third Floor]

Anja's Post:

A short silence. 'Teleport and tail. If they fight, pull back into the building. I'll be with you as quickly as.' giving a nod to Jon, Nicole then went into her apartment to grab a jacket and a glove for her artificial hand and then headed down to the entrance as quickly as possible...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:00 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"It would not surprise me if it was possible, anything that can be done can be un done after all, however gluing a vase back together is harder than making it in the first place so if it is possible it sounds like a long, difficult process and not something that Kira will be allowed the time to engage in...also Traditionalist I wonder how much suffering have been done under the heading of I am just following the law."
Kallan said with a sigh.
Colin smiled wryly, "Ah, yes, pointing out how the Nürnberg defense failed so magnificently... Personally, I try to diminish suffering so far as the law allows. Unfortunately, the laws in question could likely see me executed for the offense of letting you escape... whether alive or through death. The laws are... not as good as they could have been, I'm afraid. And while Kira does have the advantage of most likely being a low priority individual, it is true that she still probably won't have the time needed to revert her Avatar..."

Anja wrote:"You are still a member of the Traditions as a whole are you not so you share their combined blame but yes House Tytalus have never been blameless and have gotten into plenty of trouble since our Founder helped Tremere kill their mater."
The prisoner said with another sigh.
He shook his head, "I don't share the blame for what any one Tradition has done, no; that would be like blaming a random Scot for how England mishandled the Irish potato famine... As a member of the Traditions, however, I do share in the responsibility for making the Traditions the best they can be - to leverage a moral impetus, if you will - and that responsibility is something I take quite seriously. I'm merely forced to work within the law."

Anja wrote:"I honestly don't know. And perhaps the Cycle have a small chance of redemption but it is not enough it must end, that is far easier, to scrap this canvas and start again."
The Nephandus said with a shrug.
He arched an eyebrow, "I'm very sorry to hear that... A once proud member of House Tytalus, looking at the options and taking the easy way out..."

Anja wrote:"Yes some of our kind seek personal Entropic Decension and not a global one, though it is hard to make it complete, to not exist is one thing but to have never existed is hard and you are right we know there where other realities because of the hollow husks left over from other, darker existences, the Qliphoth themselves being such husks, in fact that is what the word means, husk, a bit of a memory for a reality that are no longer there. So yes getting rid of reality completely is not easy, but it is a goal to work towards."
Kallan said.
"Sometimes working for perfection is enough even if one can never fully achieve it."
He nodded, "But consider this, the husks of the prior realities, what do you think they'd be more interested in - to erase everything including themselves, or to unravel Creation and get more stuff for themselves, more scraps of prior existences to strengthen them for the next time around?"

Anja wrote:"I don't want to step of the spiral it is my path...but Kira...I guess what you say have some truth to it Traditionalist only we will not be helped to step anywhere and you know it...you know what the Traditions will do to us, and that must be for a reason, it must or I can just not bare it!"
The Nephandus said darkly.
He frowned, "Of course there is a reason, and right now, the reason is because a few individuals in key positions don't want to believe, and don't want others to learn that it is possible to undo the damage of the Caul. If that was common knowledge, we'd stop assaulting widderslainte children, and help reform Fallen instead of cutting them apart... But the idea of having that information out there, to let your faction know that we'd be willing to bring you back to the Light like the wayward son, instead of behaving like the bloody monster under the bed... that'd be devastating to morale, wouldn't it? If your apprentices found out that they could escape and surrender to us, and have a chance at life without the abuses?"

Anja wrote:"Touche I do want nothingness, but until I reach it...if my Avatar is to be destroyed it have to mean something...if my apprentice's...one thing is what you are planning to do to me but you are going to do the same to Kira and that have to have a purpose."
Kallan said sadly still fighting tears.
"I...my apprentices...my poor apprentices, they...might be reborn I..."
He said then he shook his head.
"Kallan...my name is Kallan I have a name in the Nephandi language as well but it do not translate well. I named myself right when the Order started adding sur names to Shadow names and my mater was Traditional so I only have one name, but if you need a surname just use Nemo."
He said.
"My Mentor I guess she might be reborn as well..."
He muttered sadly.
"Reborn and not to pleased with me if she remembers anything in her new incarnation. And you Hermetic? What are your name?"
The Nephandus asked.
"If you will give it to a condemned man?"
S7trif3 wrote:"No offense, but I have no wish to hear the Dragon's Tongue. You will appreciate my reticence in offering even part of my shadow name to someone who intends to destroy it, and everything else," he said, though not in a particularly unkind tone. I would imagine that your former mentor would not be too pleased to hear of your losses."
Anja wrote:"Fair enough."
The Nephandus said with a sigh.
"On both counts, and as someone who use words and gestures for my magick...it is a bit...creepy the way our language destroy words, just between you and me."
He nodded thoughtfully, making sure to get the recording nice and crisp.

Anja wrote:"I...I...would like that..."
Kallan muttered softly.
"At least to know if they are okey now...but I am not talking for it I can't...I can't..."
He said though he sounded a little less sure.
S7trif3 wrote:His raised an eyebrow at Colin as he discussed the working, pausing as he turned to leave. He nodded. "I believe we can arrange that, depending on other priorities arising. We shall see what we can come up with...speaking of such, I must attend to something, unless you have need of me." He turned to Kallan and gave him a nod. "Consider our discussion," he said and then walked out of the cell, heading to where he had been told Kyle was with the others. Along the way, he also looked for people he could trust that could help cross him over into the Umbra, so he could talk to Uncle Willard.
Anja wrote:Kallan returned the nod.
"I will consider it but I will not betray the Nephandi."
He muttered.
S7trif3 wrote:He sighed. " Consider then that they betray what you actually believe in, and what your apprentices died for - what would be a more tragic waste than that? To hold your tongue for such," then he was gone upstairs.
He nodded, "I would do that, even for an enemy. Perhaps especially for an enemy, to try to show you that even through your losses, you may have left behind something good and lasting. I've seen how Magi retain certain little things from their past lives; how they hold a blade, how they have echoes of pains from prior incarnations' injuries, how..." He smiled softly, "how they make grand collections of a particular affectation in an earlier life..."
He shook his head, "You loved your apprentices. It's a fair chance that one or more of them at least vaguely remember that, and hold on to some of what you taught them then... and you still opt for the easy way out, and that way would destroy them... but I will show you, all the same."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:53 am

"I hope so. And just tell me what you need brother." Helena said and she nodded.

"I will momentarily."

"I...would like to talk, but if you have more important things to attend to I can wait." He said in a tired tone of voice and he looked down."H...he...that man he...went for Jane and I...I did not want to kill him, but I...had to do something and then the fire left my hands and he was through the window...I could hear...hear...his ribs cracking I...did not mean to kill him." The young mage said tears welling up in his eyes. "I just wanted to protect the younger kids as I had been tasked, I just wanted to protect them..."

He nodded. "No doubt, we should have a longer conversation alongside the one I meant to have with you originally." He listened to Kyle as he explained what had happened and all the emotions that he was trying to keep in check. "You did protect them. Our pater will help with control under stressful circumstances like that, it is not something most people just know instinctively. It takes practice and training and we will help you, but it is not easy to take a life, not even when you mean to do it...and the attack was fast and unexpected. Force is necessary sometimes." He put his hands out towards his shoulders a moment as he seemed about to cry. "It was a very powerful spell you cast, and it did stop that man from taking her away, which would have been very bad."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:30 am

[Chantry Third Floor]

A short silence. 'Teleport and tail. If they fight, pull back into the building. I'll be with you as quickly as.' giving a nod to Jon, Nicole then went into her apartment to grab a jacket and a glove for her artificial hand and then headed down to the entrance as quickly as possible...

Jon nodded and he tapped at his phone a few more time and then he vanished into thin air. You got your gear and then ran outside. No one was outside when you got there but you heard someone running just around the corner, Jon might be following the strange woman.

"I will momentarily."

Helena nodded at that.

He nodded. "No doubt, we should have a longer conversation alongside the one I meant to have with you originally." He listened to Kyle as he explained what had happened and all the emotions that he was trying to keep in check. "You did protect them. Our pater will help with control under stressful circumstances like that, it is not something most people just know instinctively. It takes practice and training and we will help you, but it is not easy to take a life, not even when you mean to do it...and the attack was fast and unexpected. Force is necessary sometimes." He put his hands out towards his shoulders a moment as he seemed about to cry. "It was a very powerful spell you cast, and it did stop that man from taking her away, which would have been very bad."

"I just reacted. I think they where after Cava but Jane got in the way, and that man tried to hurt her I just wanted to protect Jane, not kill him and I let loose."
Kyle said sadly and he looked down.
"I could hear him die, I could hear him hit the ground, he did not even scream the air was knocked out of him."
The boy muttered he really looked rather pale and unwell.
"I know I had to but...what if I let loose more than i have to because I am Fallen? What if I killed him because I am evil?"
He asked looked at you sadly clearly trying to hold back tears.
"Perhaps I am just evil."

[Basement]

Colin smiled wryly, "Ah, yes, pointing out how the Nürnberg defense failed so magnificently... Personally, I try to diminish suffering so far as the law allows. Unfortunately, the laws in question could likely see me executed for the offense of letting you escape... whether alive or through death. The laws are... not as good as they could have been, I'm afraid. And while Kira does have the advantage of most likely being a low priority individual, it is true that she still probably won't have the time needed to revert her Avatar..."

"Is there anything you can do for Kira, to save her from...that ritual? She is just a kid...please."
The prisoner said with a sigh.
"Perhaps you should not follow it if the law is not good."

He shook his head, "I don't share the blame for what any one Tradition has done, no; that would be like blaming a random Scot for how England mishandled the Irish potato famine... As a member of the Traditions, however, I do share in the responsibility for making the Traditions the best they can be - to leverage a moral impetus, if you will - and that responsibility is something I take quite seriously. I'm merely forced to work within the law."

"Not what an individual Tradition have done but what the Traditions have done collectively as the Council of the Nine Mystic Traditions you do share responsibility for as a member."
The Nephandus said.
"At least if you want to hold me responsibly for what the Nephandi do collectively as a group."

He arched an eyebrow, "I'm very sorry to hear that... A once proud member of House Tytalus, looking at the options and taking the easy way out..."

"No...I can assure you that reaching non existence is far from easy."
Kallan said and he shot you and angry glance.

He nodded, "But consider this, the husks of the prior realities, what do you think they'd be more interested in - to erase everything including themselves, or to unravel Creation and get more stuff for themselves, more scraps of prior existences to strengthen them for the next time around?"

"They do not really want anything, they are just there."
The Nephandus replied.
"And they can be used to reach nothingness."

He frowned, "Of course there is a reason, and right now, the reason is because a few individuals in key positions don't want to believe, and don't want others to learn that it is possible to undo the damage of the Caul. If that was common knowledge, we'd stop assaulting widderslainte children, and help reform Fallen instead of cutting them apart... But the idea of having that information out there, to let your faction know that we'd be willing to bring you back to the Light like the wayward son, instead of behaving like the bloody monster under the bed... that'd be devastating to morale, wouldn't it? If your apprentices found out that they could escape and surrender to us, and have a chance at life without the abuses?

"It would not be good for morale no. Many of our members wish to be with us, they want to walk the Black Spiral or they wish for the blessings the dark lords can grant, they want to be Nephandi. But for those who might be looking for a way out, if the Traditions would try to rehabilitate them and not bloody Gilgul them, then yes we would loose quite a few members."
Kallan said with a frown.
"But that do not help me or Kira much."

He nodded thoughtfully, making sure to get the recording nice and crisp.

"Recording?"
The Nephandus asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"I am not sure what you mean."

He nodded, "I would do that, even for an enemy. Perhaps especially for an enemy, to try to show you that even through your losses, you may have left behind something good and lasting. I've seen how Magi retain certain little things from their past lives; how they hold a blade, how they have echoes of pains from prior incarnations' injuries, how..." He smiled softly, "how they make grand collections of a particular affectation in an earlier life..."

"I would like to know...if they have been reborn to know who they are now, what life they are living, I would love that. But I am still not going to betray the Nephandi to get that knowledge you know."
The Nephandus said.
"But if you are willing to do so anyway I do thank you."

He shook his head, "You loved your apprentices. It's a fair chance that one or more of them at least vaguely remember that, and hold on to some of what you taught them then... and you still opt for the easy way out, and that way would destroy them... but I will show you, all the same."

"I loved them...most of my tradition are quite harsh on their students, I could never bring myself to do that, I raised them as my own children."
Kallan said with a smile.
"I do not want to destroy them and reaching on existence will take a long time, most likely they will be dead and reborn many times before that goal is reached."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:56 am

[Third Floor]

"I know I had to but...what if I let loose more than i have to because I am Fallen? What if I killed him because I am evil?"
He asked looked at you sadly clearly trying to hold back tears.
"Perhaps I am just evil."

"I don't think you are just evil. I think you were scared, maybe, and reacted to the threat to save your friends. You have a lot of power, but not as much training for fighting that way. It takes practice to train your forces to obey your will, instead of your will obeyed by force. You don't seem to have intended it, nor enjoyed it, nor gloat over it...even if killing him may have been necessary to stop him from what he wanted to do. That you are concerned if you were too brutal or fierce speaks that you are not evil, to me."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:38 am

[Third Floor]

"I don't think you are just evil. I think you were scared, maybe, and reacted to the threat to save your friends. You have a lot of power, but not as much training for fighting that way. It takes practice to train your forces to obey your will, instead of your will obeyed by force. You don't seem to have intended it, nor enjoyed it, nor gloat over it...even if killing him may have been necessary to stop him from what he wanted to do. That you are concerned if you were too brutal or fierce speaks that you are not evil, to me."

"I...have never really had to fight with my magick before. I have developed it but never been in a real fight with it."
Kyle said softly.
"But I did not think to hold back I just lashed out to protect Jane, she is so little and I did not want to see her hurt, but now that man is dead and no I took no pleasure in it but it was brutal and now there will be another widderslainte down the line, one more like me who have to run from the Traditions and live in fear."
The boy whispered sadly.
"And that will be all my fault."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 am

[Third Floor]

"I...have never really had to fight with my magick before. I have developed it but never been in a real fight with it."
Kyle said softly.
"But I did not think to hold back I just lashed out to protect Jane, she is so little and I did not want to see her hurt, but now that man is dead and no I took no pleasure in it but it was brutal and now there will be another widderslainte down the line, one more like me who have to run from the Traditions and live in fear."
The boy whispered sadly.
"And that will be all my fault."

"You did what you could to stop him. By the next time we'll have more training together, I hope but it doesn't happen right away but over time. It's quite possible that killing him was necessary, that holding back too much would mean he may have taken the girls. You saved them from something very bad, trust me on that. The first time that you have to kill someone, or realize you have, is...hard...and it won't be the first time you have thoughts like these. We need one another then, and when we go too far." He sighed and looked at him. "You look very pale," he said, sounding worried. "Is the paradox very bad?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:20 am

[Third Floor]

"You did what you could to stop him. By the next time we'll have more training together, I hope but it doesn't happen right away but over time. It's quite possible that killing him was necessary, that holding back too much would mean he may have taken the girls. You saved them from something very bad, trust me on that. The first time that you have to kill someone, or realize you have, is...hard...and it won't be the first time you have thoughts like these. We need one another then, and when we go too far."

"I know they would hurt the girls and I do not regret doing what I did to protect them, but I wish that man did not die, and I wish I was not in a situation where I had to use deadly force."
Kyle said and he looked down.
"I know that our House are warriors and as such there will be other times in the future where most likely I will have to kill to protect others, but i don't think I will ever get used to it."
The boy said and looked down.
"It feels kind of horrible, and yeah we need one another I just hope I am not holding you back, being here talking with me instead of doing something useful for the Chantry."

"You look very pale," he said, sounding worried. "Is the paradox very bad?"

"It hurt when I got it, reality really hates Fallen working magick, but now I am okey I think I just feel off you know, like right before you get the flu or something and my stomach is kind of iffy but it is likely nothing. I will ask Dr Lee about it when those who was hurt in the fight have been taken care of."
The young mage said and he forced a smile.
"Dont worry about me Adley I will be fine."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:32 am

"I know they would hurt the girls and I do not regret doing what I did to protect them, but I wish that man did not die, and I wish I was not in a situation where I had to use deadly force."Kyle said and he looked down.

"I wish you weren't in that position either. I'm sorry that I wasn't here to help."

"I know that our House are warriors and as such there will be other times in the future where most likely I will have to kill to protect others, but i don't think I will ever get used to it."
The boy said and looked down.

"It's probably best if you don't get used to it...it seems strange but I feel it is true."

"It feels kind of horrible, and yeah we need one another I just hope I am not holding you back, being here talking with me instead of doing something useful for the Chantry."

"We will talk more soon," he said.

"It hurt when I got it, reality really hates Fallen working magick, but now I am okey I think I just feel off you know, like right before you get the flu or something and my stomach is kind of iffy but it is likely nothing. I will ask Dr Lee about it when those who was hurt in the fight have been taken care of."
The young mage said and he forced a smile.
"Dont worry about me Adley I will be fine."

"That sounds like a good idea, to get a check up as soon as you can, just in case. I need to do something with our sora now, but I wouldn't like you to be alone...."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:45 am

[Third Floor]

"I wish you weren't in that position either. I'm sorry that I wasn't here to help."

"It is not your fault brother you had other tasks. I just wish I did not have to kill that man, I wish they had not attacked us, why can't the Nephandi just stew in their Labyrinths and leave us alone?"
Kyle said with a sigh.
"I just want to practice my magick and hang with you and our Mentor and my friends and my parents and read and play video games, is that to much to ask without magickal nihilists ruining things?"

"It's probably best if you don't get used to it...it seems strange but I feel it is true."

"I get that I think, I am not sure if I want to get used to it, but yeah it sucks."
The young widderslainte muttered.

"That sounds like a good idea, to get a check up as soon as you can, just in case. I need to do something with our sora now, but I wouldn't like you to be alone...."

"Yeah I will go and see Dr Lee, just in case."
Kyle muttered.
"I just hope he don't have to poke and prod at me, it is not...needles in themselves but it reminds me of all the times I have been Paradox sick and my parents have had doctors and nurses hold me down."
Your brother looked rather uneasy at that thought.
"I can take our brother to the infirmary and stay with him if you like brother."
Helena offered. Stephen nodded and chimed in.
"I can stay with Kyle as well, I don't mind."
The apprentice said and your brother smiled a little.
"Thank you both."
He said softly.
"I can help him get his mind of what have happened."
Stephen said.
"I am sure I can think of something."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:14 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Is there anything you can do for Kira, to save her from...that ritual? She is just a kid...please."
The prisoner said with a sigh.
"Perhaps you should not follow it if the law is not good."
He shook his head, "Not... on my own, no. And I am trying to apply some persuasion to change the law, but it's slow going until we can prove that a Fallen Avatar is not irredeemably lost... But there are a couple of upcoming cases that may provide persuasive argument for giving Kira a reprieve. Unfortunately, with the time constraints involved, that's likely a longer shot than her being able to cleanse her Avatar on her own, or me being able to facilitate a replacement..."

Anja wrote:"Not what an individual Tradition have done but what the Traditions have done collectively as the Council of the Nine Mystic Traditions you do share responsibility for as a member."
The Nephandus said.
"At least if you want to hold me responsibly for what the Nephandi do collectively as a group."
He nodded, "We're responsible for making our factions the best they can be, but responsibility and blame are not the same thing. I accept the duty of being the change I wish to see in the world, but I can't accept the blame for what other people over whom I had no authority or influence did in the past."

Anja wrote:"No...I can assure you that reaching non existence is far from easy."
Kallan said and he shot you and angry glance.
He inclined his head slightly to the side, "And yet you did say that it was easier than trying to fix things."

Anja wrote:"They do not really want anything, they are just there."
The Nephandus replied.
"And they can be used to reach nothingness."
He frowned, "Can they, though? Can they help you reach true nothingness, or do they truly only lead to almost nothingness, leaving behind a few shadows and lingering, half-forgotten memories like themselves?"

Anja wrote:"It would not be good for morale no. Many of our members wish to be with us, they want to walk the Black Spiral or they wish for the blessings the dark lords can grant, they want to be Nephandi. But for those who might be looking for a way out, if the Traditions would try to rehabilitate them and not bloody Gilgul them, then yes we would loose quite a few members."
Kallan said with a frown.
"But that do not help me or Kira much."
He nodded, "No, I suppose it doesn't, not overnight... but that's no reason to stop trying."

Anja wrote:"I would like to know...if they have been reborn to know who they are now, what life they are living, I would love that. But I am still not going to betray the Nephandi to get that knowledge you know."
The Nephandus said.
"But if you are willing to do so anyway I do thank you."
He nodded, "Perhaps Kira might be more inclined to try to make a life of it, if she gets to see those who would have been her siblings, too..."

Anja wrote:"I loved them...most of my tradition are quite harsh on their students, I could never bring myself to do that, I raised them as my own children."
Kallan said with a smile.
"I do not want to destroy them and reaching on existence will take a long time, most likely they will be dead and reborn many times before that goal is reached."
He frowned, "And yet, Lisa Larson tried hard to end it all, just a couple of months ago, in the most improper manner possible... Even the Aswadim who was dragged into it didn't think it was the right time for it..."
He thought back, "You know, I've met the Jade Demon; relatively pleasant gentleman, all things considered - at least he prefers to meditate on matters instead of going out to break things. Of course, the day he decides it is time to act to end it all is going to get nasty, but... I'll do my part to keep that day as far into the future as possible."

((OOC: The recording was just Colin looking at his phone to see that it was recording the conversation properly, not a comment on anything.))

((OOC: D&D today, so probably no more post from me until tonight (local time). Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 am

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

Nicole swore, then followed the sounds. Keeping watch at all times for possible ambushes...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:06 am

[Basement]

He shook his head, "Not... on my own, no. And I am trying to apply some persuasion to change the law, but it's slow going until we can prove that a Fallen Avatar is not irredeemably lost... But there are a couple of upcoming cases that may provide persuasive argument for giving Kira a reprieve. Unfortunately, with the time constraints involved, that's likely a longer shot than her being able to cleanse her Avatar on her own, or me being able to facilitate a replacement..."

"So basically Kira have no chance, not really?"
Kallan said bitterly.
"Then  do not lecture me about morality Traditionalist."
He added angrily.

He nodded, "We're responsible for making our factions the best they can be, but responsibility and blame are not the same thing. I accept the duty of being the change I wish to see in the world, but I can't accept the blame for what other people over whom I had no authority or influence did in the past."

"And yet you place the blame for everything the Nephandi do wrong at my feet as a member."
The Nephandus said.
"One rule for me and one for you I see."

He inclined his head slightly to the side, "And yet you did say that it was easier than trying to fix things."

"I did what was more likely to work, I am a practical person."
Kallan replied simply.

He frowned, "Can they, though? Can they help you reach true nothingness, or do they truly only lead to almost nothingness, leaving behind a few shadows and lingering, half-forgotten memories like themselves?"

"No one can know for sure but I have faith that they can yes."
The prisoner replied calmly.

He nodded, "No, I suppose it doesn't, not overnight... but that's no reason to stop trying."

"Not at all, once we are put though that ritual there is no help for us anymore, but I guess there is a chance you can help someone else."
Kallan said darkly.

He nodded, "Perhaps Kira might be more inclined to try to make a life of it, if she gets to see those who would have been her siblings, too..."

"Seriously? You think a teenager who have been Awakened for most of her life, who only know magick will be willing to linger on as a soulless husk if she get to meet the reincarnations of her Mentor's former apprentices? That makes absolutely no sense what so ever."
The Nephandus said and he gave you a bitter look and he shook his head.
"Why on earth would that make any difference to her what so ever, sure it might be fun to meet them but it is hardly going to be something she will want to live for."

He frowned, "And yet, Lisa Larson tried hard to end it all, just a couple of months ago, in the most improper manner possible... Even the Aswadim who was dragged into it didn't think it was the right time for it..."

"So she did, our Labyrinth was not a part of that plot."
The Nephandus replied.

He thought back, "You know, I've met the Jade Demon; relatively pleasant gentleman, all things considered - at least he prefers to meditate on matters instead of going out to break things. Of course, the day he decides it is time to act to end it all is going to get nasty, but... I'll do my part to keep that day as far into the future as possible."

"You have interesting friends Traditionalist, the Jade Demon is a legend. What he do and do not do is not something that matter for my convictions though."
The prisoner said with a shrug.

[Outside Steelhaven]

Nicole swore, then followed the sounds. Keeping watch at all times for possible ambushes...

You ran around the corner Jon was running after a young woman with blond hair who was trying to get away from him, the Virtual Adept was not the fittest person in the world though so she was gaining ground.
"She *pant groan pant* is running!"
The Virtual Adept declared as he heard you getting closer.

(OOC: Ah ok that clears it up, yes the recording worked as it should.)
(OOC 2: I will be a part of the same game, I have a couple of hours before then though as I live 15 min from where our GM lives.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:17 am

[Chantry Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'Track my cell and call for backup!' Nicole yelled as she went past Jon, internally thankful for her long legs, suitable sneakers, the sports bra and nature's parsimoniousness regarding that department...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:12 am

[Chantry Steelhaven]

"Got it."
Jon said and he stopped running so he could catch his breath and call. You quickly gained on the woman she was not as fit and strong as you though this was not the easiest place to tackle someone. You saw Mrs Brock from one of the neighboring buildings glaring at the two of you as she let her cats out. And an elderly gentleman had to jump out of the way as the woman ran past him, whatever was done here would likely be seen by sleepers.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:14 am

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

'Wait!' Nicole called out after the woman as she ran, wondering whether she could keep this up for long and/or if she'd be ready for combat afterwards. 'If you want to talk, we can!' Keeping watch in case this was a trap all the while...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:09 pm

[Outside Steelhaven]

The fleeing woman hesitated, then she stopped and turned around, she was sort of pretty with honey blond curly hair and sweet features, she was wearing a dark red blouse with little black flowers on it and worn out jeans, she was however sporting a big bruise on her right cheek, someone ha recent hit her.
"I...I meant no harm...I only wanted to know if my mistress was alive so I tried to look in the windows to try to find her...I meant no harm, please don't kill me."
The woman muttered hastily as she looked around nervously for an escape.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"A...are you sure Sir?"
Shawn asked looking nervous but a little relieved.
"You are not going to punish me?"

"I won't. I'd never do that." Serge assured the boy.

Anja wrote:"The room is fine Sir, it have shelter and a bed I do not need or deserve anything else."
The boy said and he looked down hesitantly.
"I am just a Thin Blooded."

"Being a thin blood doesn't mean anything. If anything, it just means you deserve an even better room than some boring mortal. Something vampire-y. Wonder how red furniture would look?" Serge glancing around the room again again, visualizing different furniture and layout.

"But that's your decision for the future. You want to come with me to get your games from the garage? I can show some of the things in the chantry on the way." he asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:33 pm

[Basement]

"I won't. I'd never do that." Serge assured the boy.

"Thank you Sir."
Shawn said but he still looked scared, his eyes was wide as he considered you and your promise.

"Being a thin blood doesn't mean anything. If anything, it just means you deserve an even better room than some boring mortal. Something vampire-y. Wonder how red furniture would look?" Serge glancing around the room again again, visualizing different furniture and layout.

The young boy shook his head.
"Forgive me Sir, but I do not deserve more than a mortal, none of us do, that we are supernatural do not mean we should get more or less than anyone else, we just are what we are. And being Thin Blooded means I am a bad omen, a literal sign of the coming end, it is like with black cats, they are the ones that gets adopted the least often in shelters, no one want little black cats and no one wants a Thin Blooded vampire."
The teenager protested.
"I am not to fond of red really but it you like it I could have red furniture Sir."

"But that's your decision for the future. You want to come with me to get your games from the garage? I can show some of the things in the chantry on the way." he asked.

"Yeah I would like that Sir."
Shawn said and nodded.
"I would love to see more of the Chantry it seams really neat. Are you sure it is safe though?"
He asked hesitently.
"Are the attack against this place over?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:The young boy shook his head.
"Forgive me Sir, but I do not deserve more than a mortal, none of us do, that we are supernatural do not mean we should get more or less than anyone else, we just are what we are. And being Thin Blooded means I am a bad omen, a literal sign of the coming end, it is like with black cats, they are the ones that gets adopted the least often in shelters, no one want little black cats and no one wants a Thin Blooded vampire."
The teenager protested.
"I am not to fond of red really but it you like it I could have red furniture Sir."

"Wouldn't say no one. There are plenty who love black cats. And I'm sure there are people who think thin blooded vampires are cool. Like me!" Serge said pointing to himself. "And besides who cares what other people think? Just because other dumb people think your a bad omen doesn't mean you should think badly of yourself."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I would like that Sir."
Shawn said and nodded.
"I would love to see more of the Chantry it seams really neat. Are you sure it is safe though?"
He asked hesitently.
"Are the attack against this place over?"

"We're mostly doing clean up stuff now but all the dangerous people are gone. It should be safe enough." he said with a nod. "Come on, the garage is this way. Hopefully the car is unlocked. We did rush out of there in a hurry. Wouldn't be surprised if they did forget to lock it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:23 pm

[Third Floor]

"It is not your fault brother you had other tasks. I just wish I did not have to kill that man, I wish they had not attacked us, why can't the Nephandi just stew in their Labyrinths and leave us alone?"
Kyle said with a sigh.
"I just want to practice my magick and hang with you and our Mentor and my friends and my parents and read and play video games, is that to much to ask without magickal nihilists ruining things?"

"I definitely understand that feeling, frater meus."

"Yeah I will go and see Dr Lee, just in case."
Kyle muttered.
"I just hope he don't have to poke and prod at me, it is not...needles in themselves but it reminds me of all the times I have been Paradox sick and my parents have had doctors and nurses hold me down."
Your brother looked rather uneasy at that thought.

"He might have to poke a little bit, but remind him so he can minimize it where he can."

"I can take our brother to the infirmary and stay with him if you like brother."
Helena offered.

"Actually I could use your help for something..."

"I can stay with Kyle as well, I don't mind."
The apprentice said and your brother smiled a little.
"Thank you both."
He said softly.
"I can help him get his mind of what have happened."
Stephen said.
"I am sure I can think of something."

"Thank you," then he glanced at Helena. It was after all her apprentice, and he didn't know if she felt comfortable with letting the two stay together.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:54 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

'Your... mistress?' Nicole replied, doing her best to not look worn-out or out of breath while staring at the mystery woman.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:48 pm

[Basement]

"Wouldn't say no one. There are plenty who love black cats. And I'm sure there are people who think thin blooded vampires are cool. Like me!" Serge said pointing to himself. "And besides who cares what other people think? Just because other dumb people think your a bad omen doesn't mean you should think badly of yourself."

"I guess there are those who get back cats..."
Shawn agreed hesitantly.
"There is a prophecy though about what is coming and my kind is an herald for that horror which is coming."
He added softly.
"I am not sure we have the right to live. The Capo said so."

"We're mostly doing clean up stuff now but all the dangerous people are gone. It should be safe enough." he said with a nod. "Come on, the garage is this way. Hopefully the car is unlocked. We did rush out of there in a hurry. Wouldn't be surprised if they did forget to lock it."

"Ok Sir, hopefully it will be okey then."
Shawn said as he followed you to the car, the spot of blood left over where the screaming Nephandus had laid was still there and Shawn looked at it for a moment before he went with you to the car. The doors where not locked so you could open it to get the box with Shawn's games.

[Third Floor]

"I definitely understand that feeling, frater meus."

"The Nephandi are assholes!"
Kyle muttered darkly.
"They want to ruin things for everyone!"

"He might have to poke a little bit, but remind him so he can minimize it where he can."

Your brother did not look happy about that.
"I guess...if he have to..."
He said sounding uneasy.
"As long as it is my choice and no one force me to do it."

"Actually I could use your help for something..."

"Certinly. I can leave our brother in my student's hands then. Stephen will take good care of Kyle, he is a dependable kid."
Helena said and her student smiled a little at that.
"I will make sure to stay with him until you both return."
The young Hermetic promised.
"I will be okey I do not want to be a bother."
Your brother said.
"No bother, we can just hang out. I will go with you to he infirmary, I need to disinfect the scratches I got anyway."
Stephen replied and Kyle nodded.
"Ok...thank you."

"Thank you," then he glanced at Helena. It was after all her apprentice, and he didn't know if she felt comfortable with letting the two stay together.

Helena just nodded.
"I do not mind brother...ok boys you should head up to the infirmary and I will see what I can do to help Adley."
She said and the boys nodded though Kyle looked a bit hesitant.

[Chantry Exterior]

'Your... mistress?' Nicole replied, doing her best to not look worn-out or out of breath while staring at the mystery woman.

"Yeah one of the Nephandi that attacked your Chantry, her name is Kira, I just want to know if she is alive or not."
The nervous woman said.
"She owns me...yes I am a Nephandi pawn but I mean no harm I only want to know if Mistress Kira is alive."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:04 pm

[Third Floor]

Your brother did not look happy about that.
"I guess...if he have to..."
He said sounding uneasy.
"As long as it is my choice and no one force me to do it."

"If there are problems, contact me, your sora, or your pater. If you can't reach us for some reason, then try my amicus an cabal leader next, do you know who I am talking about?"

"Certinly. I can leave our brother in my student's hands then. Stephen will take good care of Kyle, he is a dependable kid."
Helena said and her student smiled a little at that.
"I will make sure to stay with him until you both return."
The young Hermetic promised.
"I will be okey I do not want to be a bother."
Your brother said.
"No bother, we can just hang out. I will go with you to he infirmary, I need to disinfect the scratches I got anyway."
Stephen replied and Kyle nodded.
"Ok...thank you."

"Good."

Helena just nodded.
"I do not mind brother...ok boys you should head up to the infirmary and I will see what I can do to help Adley."
She said and the boys nodded though Kyle looked a bit hesitant.

He let go of Kyle with a nod, and then took out the writing board to explain to Helena what he needed. 'I need help crossing over to a safe, proximal area in the near umbra outside of our ward. I need to call a spirit and ask them some questions.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next