Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 4 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:05 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

'Why the fuck would you care about your "owner" facing a short walk to a sunny wall?' Nicole replied, clearly confused. Though remembering in the back of her head to keep talking as long as possible, knowing that reinforcements were on their way...

[Nick isn't sure the Capo has to the right to live either...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 4 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:15 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"I guess there are those who get back cats..."
Shawn agreed hesitantly.
"There is a prophecy though about what is coming and my kind is an herald for that horror which is coming."
He added softly.
"I am not sure we have the right to live. The Capo said so."

"And the Union says I don't have a right to live either. But those guys are jackasses and the Capo is too." Serge said with a shrug. "Prophecies are neat Shawn. But remember, in many stories that involve prophecies, their never as straightforward as people think. Everyone deserves to live Shawn."

Anja wrote:"Ok Sir, hopefully it will be okey then."
Shawn said as he followed you to the car, the spot of blood left over where the screaming Nephandus had laid was still there and Shawn looked at it for a moment before he went with you to the car. The doors where not locked so you could open it to get the box with Shawn's games.

As Serge walked alongside Shawn, he made sure to slow his pace so that the young vampire could see the various rooms and decor of the chantry, answering question and telling Shawn about the rooms they past by. Last time the duo had rushed past everything to get to safety so now he wanted to give Shawn enough time to look around his new home.

When they got to the car he picked up the box and carried back towards Shawn's room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:39 pm

[Third Floor]

"If there are problems, contact me, your sora, or your pater. If you can't reach us for some reason, then try my amicus an cabal leader next, do you know who I am talking about?"

"I know who you are talking about."
Kyle confirmed he still looked hesitant though.
"Well I guess I can go up there and hear what Dr Lee think should be done at least, if I can leave again when I want to."

"Good."

Stephen gave you a grin and a thumbs up at that and Helena gave a sigh over her apprentice's lack of formality and she sent you and apologetic look.

He let go of Kyle with a nod, and then took out the writing board to explain to Helena what he needed. 'I need help crossing over to a safe, proximal area in the near umbra outside of our ward. I need to call a spirit and ask them some questions.'

Stephen lead Kyle towards the attic. Helena read what you had written and she nodded.
"Certainly, let us head outside and find a good place."
When Helena had replied you noticed your phone ringing and realized it had rung two times before without you noticing, It was Jon calling you.

[Chantry Exterior]

'Why the fuck would you care about your "owner" facing a short walk to a sunny wall?' Nicole replied, clearly confused. Though remembering in the back of her head to keep talking as long as possible, knowing that reinforcements were on their way...

"I care about her. I was a gift for her sixteenth birthday and she have treated me well, she do not hit me or torture me or...other things like many other in the Labyrinth do and she have tried to protect me from the others."
The woman explained.
"So ehm...is she alive?"

[Basement]

"And the Union says I don't have a right to live either. But those guys are jackasses and the Capo is too." Serge said with a shrug. "Prophecies are neat Shawn. But remember, in many stories that involve prophecies, their never as straightforward as people think. Everyone deserves to live Shawn."

Shawn gave you a shocked look.
"You should not talk about the Capo like that Sir what if he heard you?"
The young vampire muttered terrified.
"You really think so? That what have been foretold might not be so straight forwards and that it is ok if I live even if I am Thin Blooded?"
He asked looking at you with wonder.

As Serge walked alongside Shawn, he made sure to slow his pace so that the young vampire could see the various rooms and decor of the chantry, answering question and telling Shawn about the rooms they past by. Last time the duo had rushed past everything to get to safety so now he wanted to give Shawn enough time to look around his new home.

Unless you where going to take a drastic detour what you could show Shawn was the hallway of the practical part of the basement with Marian on guard duty, you still heard Colin discussing something with the captive Nephandus in one of the rooms, then up the stairs to the ground floor, the small lobby, the door to the Chief's office, the door to the kitchen and common room and the door to the library and then out into the garage.

When they got to the car he picked up the box and carried back towards Shawn's room.

You got the box of games and Shawn followed you back to his room.
"So...what happens now Sir?"
He asked.
"Is something expected of me? I want to help if I can."

(OOC: I am pretty sure Nicole do not think the Capo have the right to live.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:50 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

'At this second of time.' Nicole replied curtly, though not unfriendlily. 'So you knew where she was going?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:10 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"So basically Kira have no chance, not really?"
Kallan said bitterly.
"Then do not lecture me about morality Traditionalist."
He added angrily.
Colin frowned, "I didn't say that. But I would owe some incredible favours..."
He paused, "Come to think of it... If you can give me Lily, the Cultist Barabbi, I do believe I can..."

Anja wrote:"And yet you place the blame for everything the Nephandi do wrong at my feet as a member."
The Nephandus said.
"One rule for me and one for you I see."
He shook his head, "No... I certainly hold you culpable for the things you've done, but things the Nephandi did before you joined, and things done by other Labyrinths that you had no affiliation with, not at all..."
He frowned, "Bloody limitations of English - it's so hard to differentiate between singular and plural you..."

Anja wrote:"I did what was more likely to work, I am a practical person."
Kallan replied simply.
He nodded, "Touché. Rather like my apprentice when she... disabled your spellcasting. And my apologies for the immense discomfort; I don't think she fully realizes how hard she actually kicks... she's broken bones before - not her own..."

Anja wrote:"Not at all, once we are put though that ritual there is no help for us anymore, but I guess there is a chance you can help someone else."
Kallan said darkly.
He arched an eyebrow, "That's rather defeatist, but I dosee your point, it's... a horrid prospect."

Anja wrote:"Seriously? You think a teenager who have been Awakened for most of her life, who only know magick will be willing to linger on as a soulless husk if she get to meet the reincarnations of her Mentor's former apprentices? That makes absolutely no sense what so ever."
The Nephandus said and he gave you a bitter look and he shook his head.
"Why on earth would that make any difference to her what so ever, sure it might be fun to meet them but it is hardly going to be something she will want to live for."
He sighed, "No, I suppose you're right that it was a silly notion..."

Anja wrote:"So she did, our Labyrinth was not a part of that plot."
The Nephandus replied.
He nodded, "I know, it was just her and Abigail, was it not? And they were both defeated... quite thoroughly, with their respective Cauls turned back into the babies from which they were made. Tearing Larson's apart from the inside was painful, though... I'd rather not do that again."

Anja wrote:"You have interesting friends Traditionalist, the Jade Demon is a legend. What he do and do not do is not something that matter for my convictions though."
The prisoner said with a shrug.
He smiled wryly, "I do not consider him a friend. A respected enemy, absolutely, but certainly no friend..."

((OOC: The Capo is indeed a jackass, and we could certainly make sure he knows it. Heck, give Colin a drop of the Capo's blood, and he could ensure the Capo hears it whispered in his ear 24/7 for a LONG time... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:15 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:Shawn gave you a shocked look.
"You should not talk about the Capo like that Sir what if he heard you?"
The young vampire muttered terrified.

"Hah! Why would he even be listening? I doubt the Capo even knows your gone. We left no trail behind, placed a decoy illusion of you to make it seem like nothing happened in the first place, and he'd be too proud to suspect anything was wrong." Serge said confidently.

Anja wrote:"You really think so? That what have been foretold might not be so straight forwards and that it is ok if I live even if I am Thin Blooded?"
He asked looking at you with wonder.

"It's always like that man. In tv shows and movies and books and in real life. If prophecies were as straight forward as people make them out to be, it'd make for a pretty subpar story. There's gotta be some leeway and mystery to build up some tension and surprise." Serge assured the young vampire. "And of course it's ok for you to live. Regardless of what's been foretold or who you are."

Anja wrote:You got the box of games and Shawn followed you back to his room.
"So...what happens now Sir?"
He asked.
"Is something expected of me? I want to help if I can."

"After everything settles down I'm sure Mr. Wainwright will introduce you to the Chief. Those two will likely discuss your place in the chantry." he said matter-of-factly. "You'll likely be expected to help out when you can. Small chores here and there and stuff like that."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 am

[Third Floor]

Stephen lead Kyle towards the attic. Helena read what you had written and she nodded.
"Certainly, let us head outside and find a good place."
When Helena had replied you noticed your phone ringing and realized it had rung two times before without you noticing, It was Jon calling you.

He pulled out his phone with an apologetic look to Helena and answered. "Hello?"

// How did the newest massasa war start, you ask? Well, you see...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:14 am

[Chantry Exterior]

'At this second of time.' Nicole replied curtly, though not unfriendlily. 'So you knew where she was going?'

"That is good, that she is alive...or perhaps not good. I was told that the Traditions destroy the magick of captured Nephandi which is horrifying."
The woman said then she shook her head.
"No I did not know but I dowsed for her, then my dowing target just vanished in this area and I assumed she was at the most warded place I could find."
She explained.

[Basement]

Colin frowned, "I didn't say that. But I would owe some incredible favours..."
He paused, "Come to think of it... If you can give me Lily, the Cultist Barabbi, I do believe I can..."

"Cultist Barabbi? I do not know of any Lily who was with the Cult of Ecstasy I know of a Lily who is a widderslainte Orphan who will deal with any Faction, a slaver. I bought Kira's birthday present from her. I do not think anyone can give her to anyone though, she is damned old and powerful and no one know where she actually is."
The Nephandus said and he raised an eyebrow.

He shook his head, "No... I certainly hold you culpable for the things you've done, but things the Nephandi did before you joined, and things done by other Labyrinths that you had no affiliation with, not at all..."
He frowned, "Bloody limitations of English - it's so hard to differentiate between singular and plural you..."

"Very well, fair enough."
The prisoner said.
"And yes I am not a big fan of English I prefer Latin or Greek."

He nodded, "Touché. Rather like my apprentice when she... disabled your spellcasting. And my apologies for the immense discomfort; I don't think she fully realizes how hard she actually kicks... she's broken bones before - not her own..."

Kallan winced when you mentioned his injury.
"She kicks hard indeed. But hey no hard feelings really, it was in battle and the kid did what she did, I just would not expect someone to attack a mage by kicking. Practical indeed."

He arched an eyebrow, "That's rather defeatist, but I dosee your point, it's... a horrid prospect."

"Are you telling me I am wrong that this would help me and my student?"
The prisoner asked and he raised an eyebrow.

He sighed, "No, I suppose you're right that it was a silly notion..."

Kallan just looked at you and nodded.

He nodded, "I know, it was just her and Abigail, was it not?

"As far as I know yes."

And they were both defeated... quite thoroughly, with their respective Cauls turned back into the babies from which they were made. Tearing Larson's apart from the inside was painful, though... I'd rather not do that again."

"They let a shard cluster enter their Caul? A created Caul rather than a natural one, haha idiots!"
Kallan replied and he seamed a bit amused at that.

He smiled wryly, "I do not consider him a friend. A respected enemy, absolutely, but certainly no friend..."

"That is fair enough."
The prisoner replied with a nod.

[Shawn's Room]

"Hah! Why would he even be listening? I doubt the Capo even knows your gone. We left no trail behind, placed a decoy illusion of you to make it seem like nothing happened in the first place, and he'd be too proud to suspect anything was wrong." Serge said confidently.

"I guess you are right Sir..."
The young vampire said and he looked down, he was still terrified of the Capo though, absolutely terrified.

"It's always like that man. In tv shows and movies and books and in real life. If prophecies were as straight forward as people make them out to be, it'd make for a pretty subpar story. There's gotta be some leeway and mystery to build up some tension and surprise." Serge assured the young vampire. "And of course it's ok for you to live. Regardless of what's been foretold or who you are."

"They say that one day the sleeping ancients of our kind will wake from their long slumber and they will consume all the other vampires and then rule the world as eternal lords and one of the signs of their awakening is the presence of the Thin Blooded. I guess it is a coming full circle thing where the youngest and weakest vampires are created to herald the return of the oldest and most powerful...I hope you are right Sir that it will not happen but..."
Shan looked rather doubtful.
"I am not so sure more signs have come lately."

"After everything settles down I'm sure Mr. Wainwright will introduce you to the Chief. Those two will likely discuss your place in the chantry." he said matter-of-factly. "You'll likely be expected to help out when you can. Small chores here and there and stuff like that."

"O...ok...the Chief who would not like me since I am a vampire?"
Shawn muttered nervously.
"What if he want to kill me or hurt me."
The boy asked sounding terrified.
"And yeah I would help out I have no problem with that I will help out Sir I am a hard worker."
The boy tried to convince you.

[Third Floor]

He pulled out his phone with an apologetic look to Helena and answered. "Hello?"

"Adley? Oh thank Demonseed someone actually replied I tried to call the Chief but you know my problem he never heard my call. We have found a live intruder, well attempted intruder the Wards pushed her out, but anyway Nicole have gone after the woman and she asked for me to call in for help."
Jon rambled out he clearly had been running.
"So yeah can you send someone, this is a hedge wizard and not a true mage but having seen what Miss White and Miss Day can do I have a healthy respect for that not meaning they are harmless.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I accidentally ate something with sugar in it last night and felt a bit meh and slept to long.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:24 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

'Why do you care? She's gone, all the team are, you're free.' the Etherite replied, still clearly confused.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:00 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

"I don't know how to be free, I do not want to be free."
The woman said looking confused.
"I don't know what to do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:08 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

'You don't know?' Nicole echoed, incredulous. 'Don't you remember from... y'know, before?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:16 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

"No...not really I was captured by this woman...Mistress Lily, she did things to me...horrible things...until my mind...shattered sort of. I do not really remember anything of my life from before, just bits and pieces sort of."
The woman said sounding uneasy.
"Mistress Kira is all I know and remember clearly serving her is the only purpose of my life."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:51 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

A short pause before the Etherite replied. 'Well, that's over now. It's time for you to get your own purpose, decided by you.' vaguely aware of the fact that just because she was a stubbornly individualistic sort it didn't mean everybody was.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:47 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

The hedge wizard looked at you looking very confused.
"But what purpose would that be?"
She asked.
"I do not remember anything but pain and then serving Mistress Kira, everything else is a blur, I don't know what I want."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:55 pm

[Shawn's Room]

Anja wrote:"I guess you are right Sir..."
The young vampire said and he looked down, he was still terrified of the Capo though, absolutely terrified.

"I know your scared Shawn. You have every right to be. But do remember that this time you aren't alone. We'll protect you from him with everything we got." Serge said softly.

Anja wrote:"They say that one day the sleeping ancients of our kind will wake from their long slumber and they will consume all the other vampires and then rule the world as eternal lords and one of the signs of their awakening is the presence of the Thin Blooded. I guess it is a coming full circle thing where the youngest and weakest vampires are created to herald the return of the oldest and most powerful...I hope you are right Sir that it will not happen but..."
Shan looked rather doubtful.
"I am not so sure more signs have come lately."

"What other signs are there?" Serge asked curiously.

Anja wrote:"O...ok...the Chief who would not like me since I am a vampire?"
Shawn muttered nervously.
"What if he want to kill me or hurt me."
The boy asked sounding terrified.
"And yeah I would help out I have no problem with that I will help out Sir I am a hard worker."
The boy tried to convince you.

"The chief would never kill or harm an innocent person." Serge said. After a bit of thought he sighed and said, "The chief does have a shaky history with vampires. But when he sees your not monstrously evil I'm sure he'll like you just the same as anyone else. Especially when he sees your willingness to help out."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:29 pm

[Shawn's Room]

"I know your scared Shawn. You have every right to be. But do remember that this time you aren't alone. We'll protect you from him with everything we got." Serge said softly.

"T...thank you...I don't know why you guys would do that for a stranger but thank you. I just wish I could repay you."
Shawn whispered softly but it seamed like your reassurance was calming him down a little.

"What other signs are there?" Serge asked curiously.

"The first sign was a hidden murder, the second a mighty wizard becoming a vampire, the fall of House Tremere, the fall of the holy lands and the destruction of the Templars. The third sign was the formation of the Anarchs, the rebellion of the young, the forth sign is the return of Vlad Tepes, which many thinks have already happened, there are rumors that he have been seen. The firth sign was when vampire society broke in two, forming the Camarilla and the Sabbat and the war between them. The sixth sign was the destruction of the Clan of Death the Cappadocians by Giovanni hands, the seventh sign is the fire of the earth, a geomantic web that have now activated. The eight sign is climate change and storms. These are the major signs and they have all happened through the centuries. Then there are the presence of the thin blooded and the awakening of the Crone, a figure from our history who might be a mage and might be a vampire or somehow is a link between our kinds, she have also been seen."
Shawn explained.
"The prophecy is all coming together I fear."

"The chief would never kill or harm an innocent person." Serge said. After a bit of thought he sighed and said, "The chief does have a shaky history with vampires. But when he sees your not monstrously evil I'm sure he'll like you just the same as anyone else. Especially when he sees your willingness to help out."

"O...ok that is good I guess..."
The young vampire muttered.
"And I am not evil. I have never caused anyone any harm. I just try to survive that is all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:03 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Cultist Barabbi? I do not know of any Lily who was with the Cult of Ecstasy I know of a Lily who is a widderslainte Orphan who will deal with any Faction, a slaver. I bought Kira's birthday present from her. I do not think anyone can give her to anyone though, she is damned old and powerful and no one know where she actually is."
The Nephandus said and he raised an eyebrow.
Colin frowned, "Hum, I might have misunderstood her background - or she might have lied on her resume. Either way, the Cult of Ecstasy really want her proverbial head on a silver platter... Well, it's another long shot, I guess. But if I managed to get her, I'd be willing to trade the favour she's worth for Kira... "

Anja wrote:"Very well, fair enough."
The prisoner said.
"And yes I am not a big fan of English I prefer Latin or Greek."
He nodded, "Never got the hang of Greek, myself. A lack in my education, I will readily admit."

Anja wrote:Kallan winced when you mentioned his injury.
"She kicks hard indeed. But hey no hard feelings really, it was in battle and the kid did what she did, I just would not expect someone to attack a mage by kicking. Practical indeed."
He nodded, "And less troublesome than a prime bolt in a public place..."

Anja wrote:"Are you telling me I am wrong that this would help me and my student?"
The prisoner asked and he raised an eyebrow.
He sighed, "Not entirely... It might help her gain a new lease on life, but you... well, realistically, you're not likely to get the choice of life or death..."

Anja wrote:"They let a shard cluster enter their Caul? A created Caul rather than a natural one, haha idiots!"
Kallan replied and he seamed a bit amused at that.
He arched an eyebrow, "They didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Though, I'm a bit intrigued - you say there's a practical difference between a natural and an artificial Caul in that regard? Not that I would want to go there, of course..."

He sighed and leaned back, "But, the clock is ticking... So here is what I can offer - if you tell us what we need, I will be able to convince Lady Crexia not to torture your apprentice before you to make you talk. I know her well enough to realize she is cynical and pragmatic enough to do that, and I don't have the authority to overrule her. Regardless, I will try to trace the links to your apprentices' reincarnations, to see how they're doing - but if you're broken by then, that won't really matter, will it? Third, I'll do what I can to save Kira, mind, body and soul; I may be able to call in a few favours from very high-ranking individuals, but there's the good old quid pro quo - the more leverage I have, the better."
He frowned, "And there are a few urgent questions I'd like answered, such as how many specters Jace has dragged along, and who this person they're all afraid of is, and why..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:11 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

'That sounds like "a purpose"; to work out what you want.' Nicole replied, hoping that backup turned up soon...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:13 pm

[Third Floor]

"Adley? Oh thank Demonseed someone actually replied I tried to call the Chief but you know my problem he never heard my call. We have found a live intruder, well attempted intruder the Wards pushed her out, but anyway Nicole have gone after the woman and she asked for me to call in for help."
Jon rambled out he clearly had been running.
"So yeah can you send someone, this is a hedge wizard and not a true mage but having seen what Miss White and Miss Day can do I have a healthy respect for that not meaning they are harmless.

He started to frown as he listened to Jon's exclamations - he had no idea who Demonseed was, it sounded like a name for a nasty Umbrood or demonspawn but who knew, since Jon sounded to use it as one would 'thank god.' Thankfully, this did not seem to be critical information. "Understood, we'll find someone or go ourselves. Where are they? I'll contact the Chief also." He said and ended the call unless he had more to tell him. To Helena, he said, "Looks like we may need to deal with another intruder downstairs," he said to her, turning for the stairs as he called the Chief.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:31 pm

[Basement]

Colin frowned, "Hum, I might have misunderstood her background - or she might have lied on her resume. Either way, the Cult of Ecstasy really want her proverbial head on a silver platter... Well, it's another long shot, I guess. But if I managed to get her, I'd be willing to trade the favour she's worth for Kira... "

"I have no loyalty to this woman, I barely know her but how exactly where you thinking I would be able to deliver you an archmage when I am tied up in a Traditionalist basement, if you have some ideas for that though I am happy to cooperate."
Kallan said and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Never got the hang of Greek, myself. A lack in my education, I will readily admit."

"I guess times change."
The Nephandus said with a sigh.

He nodded, "And less troublesome than a prime bolt in a public place..."

"I can't argue with that logic."
Kallan admitted with a pained frown.

He sighed, "Not entirely... It might help her gain a new lease on life, but you... well, realistically, you're not likely to get the choice of life or death..."

"I would not want to live after...the ritual...and I seriously doubt Kira would either, magick is all she knows."
The Nephandus said he closed his eyes for a moment and leaned his head against the shelf he was bound to.

He arched an eyebrow, "They didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Though, I'm a bit intrigued - you say there's a practical difference between a natural and an artificial Caul in that regard? Not that I would want to go there, of course..."

"Well natural Cauls are...different in many ways. I am not sure how much I should say about that though. Most modern Nephandi are impatient through choosing to use their flesh creations rather than wait until the candidate is ready for such an initiation and a Caul come to them."
Kallan said with a dismissing shake of his head.
"It is a shame really."

He sighed and leaned back, "But, the clock is ticking... So here is what I can offer - if you tell us what we need, I will be able to convince Lady Crexia not to torture your apprentice before you to make you talk. I know her well enough to realize she is cynical and pragmatic enough to do that, and I don't have the authority to overrule her. Regardless, I will try to trace the links to your apprentices' reincarnations, to see how they're doing - but if you're broken by then, that won't really matter, will it? Third, I'll do what I can to save Kira, mind, body and soul; I may be able to call in a few favours from very high-ranking individuals, but there's the good old quid pro quo - the more leverage I have, the better."

"No I guess it will not matter if I am broken."
The Nephandus said sadly.
"The only thing I will be willing to trade information for is if my apprentice is spared Gilgul, if you think you can manage that, then I will talk, other than that I do not see that you have much to offer, if we are both loosing our souls then that have to mean something it have to be for something and a betrayal of that purpose will make the whole thing meaningless and that I can not handle and it is far more painful than anything the good lady can dish out."
He replied.
"But if you can save my apprentice that is another matter."

He frowned, "And there are a few urgent questions I'd like answered, such as how many specters Jace has dragged along, and who this person they're all afraid of is, and why..."

"The only way I would be willing to answer is if Kira is saved and no your idea that it would be possible at some point in the future to create an Avatar from shards is not enough, that sounds like a pipe dream and little else, like listening to one of the crazy ideas of Elon Musk, Hyperloop my ass. If you can be reasonably sure you can get her off Gilgul or have something else than a theory of how to save her after then that is another matter though I would be willing to talk for that."
The prisoner said and he looked up at you.

[Chantry Exterior]

'That sounds like "a purpose"; to work out what you want.' Nicole replied, hoping that backup turned up soon...

"How would I figure out what I want?"
The woman asked and she scratched her head.
"I have to find my Mistress...I have to help her."

[Third Floor]

He started to frown as he listened to Jon's exclamations - he had no idea who Demonseed was, it sounded like a name for a nasty Umbrood or demonspawn but who knew, since Jon sounded to use it as one would 'thank god.' Thankfully, this did not seem to be critical information. "Understood, we'll find someone or go ourselves. Where are they? I'll contact the Chief also." He said and ended the call unless he had more to tell him. To Helena, he said, "Looks like we may need to deal with another intruder downstairs," he said to her, turning for the stairs as he called the Chief.

"I will send you map with a mark, they are right around the corner of the building."
Jon said and once you had hung up he did just that, sending you a picture from his app which showed two dots, a mage one and a human with something extra dot. Helena sigh and nodded.
"I will go with you brother."
She offered. You called Jeffry who quickly picked up the call.
"Mea Filius."
He said.
"What can I do for you?"
You head the coffee maker boil in the background and then some pouring, the Chief was in his office.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:25 pm

[Third Floor]

"I will send you map with a mark, they are right around the corner of the building."
Jon said and once you had hung up he did just that, sending you a picture from his app which showed two dots, a mage one and a human with something extra dot.

"Thank you."

Helena sigh and nodded.
"I will go with you brother."
She offered. You called Jeffry who quickly picked up the call.
"Mea Filius."
He said.
"What can I do for you?"

"There is an intruder just outside, a hedge wizard, knocked out of the ward. My etherite cabalmate is down there, I was called for backup by my Virtual Adept cabalmate. I have my sora with me - unless you want to send someone else, we're on our way."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

[Third Floor]

"Thank you."

"No problem, we would not want Nick to get shot or something after all."
Jon replied.

"There is an intruder just outside, a hedge wizard, knocked out of the ward. My etherite cabalmate is down there, I was called for backup by my Virtual Adept cabalmate. I have my sora with me - unless you want to send someone else, we're on our way."

"I believe the pair of you should be able to handle it. Your Cabalmate let me know she had seen someone at the window of her room. We do not want to draw the added attention of sending to many out there, get me this person alive and able to talk mea filius and be careful, do not spook or endanger our sleeper neighbors."
Jeffry replied as Helena had started running down the stairs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:53 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

'By trying shit out and like thinking?' Nicole replied, recalling having a similar conversation with Cava. 'And there is no way you can "help" her now. You can't even get into the building, let alone fight through all the folk inside.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:56 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I have no loyalty to this woman, I barely know her but how exactly where you thinking I would be able to deliver you an archmage when I am tied up in a Traditionalist basement, if you have some ideas for that though I am happy to cooperate."
Kallan said and he raised an eyebrow.
He smiled wryly, "A place to start looking, like a known... holding facility would be nice. Or a phone number. I don't necessarily expect you'd be able to lure her in here in person, though."

Anja wrote:"I guess times change."
The Nephandus said with a sigh.
He nodded, "Quite, even Latin is going quite far out of vogue in this day and age."

Anja wrote:"Well natural Cauls are...different in many ways. I am not sure how much I should say about that though. Most modern Nephandi are impatient through choosing to use their flesh creations rather than wait until the candidate is ready for such an initiation and a Caul come to them."
Kallan said with a dismissing shake of his head.
"It is a shame really."
He frowned, "So a natural Caul will seek out a Mage at the lowest point in their life, then... That rather makes sense; just that last little push. The artificial Cauls are rather horrid, though; I know what Larson and Abigail made theirs from - or rather, who they made them from..."

Anja wrote:"No I guess it will not matter if I am broken."
The Nephandus said sadly.
"The only thing I will be willing to trade information for is if my apprentice is spared Gilgul, if you think you can manage that, then I will talk, other than that I do not see that you have much to offer, if we are both loosing our souls then that have to mean something it have to be for something and a betrayal of that purpose will make the whole thing meaningless and that I can not handle and it is far more painful than anything the good lady can dish out."
He replied.
"But if you can save my apprentice that is another matter."
Anja wrote:"The only way I would be willing to answer is if Kira is saved and no your idea that it would be possible at some point in the future to create an Avatar from shards is not enough, that sounds like a pipe dream and little else, like listening to one of the crazy ideas of Elon Musk, Hyperloop my ass. If you can be reasonably sure you can get her off Gilgul or have something else than a theory of how to save her after then that is another matter though I would be willing to talk for that."
The prisoner said and he looked up at you.
He leaned back for a moment, going through everything, then nodded, "If Kira is willing to try to cleanse her Avatar - to restore it to its un-Fallen state, that has a decent shot at saving her in the first place. Barring that, I think the only way I could leverage a stay of sentencing would be to bring Lily in, gift-wrapped and subdued, to face justice at the hands of the Cult of Ecstasy. Well... there's a third option, but honestly, I don't think anyone would approve of me shooting her in the heart to have her improperly healed, so she couldn't be safely... Suffice to say, they wouldn't want me to make a habit of that. As a backup option, we know we can bring a hostless Avatar to a, er, vacant Mage; I'm going to need a small bit of confirmation for that, though - Jace has hidden away a stockpile of Primium-coated pineal glands somewhere, doesn't he? Those glands contain trapped Avatars, and I've got a pretty clear idea of how they can be released and subsequently sent back into the normal Cycle... or I can ask a Psychopomp to help merge one with Kira, if the worst can't be avoided. I have the expertise and the ritual to pull such a miracle off, at least, all we need is the stockpile we're fairly sure Jace has in his laboratory."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:39 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

'By trying shit out and like thinking?' Nicole replied, recalling having a similar conversation with Cava.

"I would not know what to try out and do not trying things out cost money I do not know how to get that or food or how to live."
The woman said still looking confused.

'And there is no way you can "help" her now. You can't even get into the building, let alone fight through all the folk inside.'

"I guess so...there is not much I can do."
The woman said sadly.
"What is going to happen to my Mistress now?"
She asked looking at you.
"Is it true the Traditions steal the magick of Nephandi they capture?"

[Basement]

He smiled wryly, "A place to start looking, like a known... holding facility would be nice. Or a phone number. I don't necessarily expect you'd be able to lure her in here in person, though."

"No one knows where she holds her slaves or where she is, the woman have advanced Arcane. However there is a web page that constantly changes servers, it is where she post her porn and snuff movies, and it is through that one can contact her but I suspect she would vet anyone she considered meeting in person pretty well. I never did, I ordered a broken hedge wizard slave, got a meeting place and dealt with one of her men."
The Nephandus replied.
"I don't think i can provide you with more than that I just do not know her or where she is."

He nodded, "Quite, even Latin is going quite far out of vogue in this day and age."

"That is true unfortunately."
Kallan said with another regretful sigh.

He frowned, "So a natural Caul will seek out a Mage at the lowest point in their life, then... That rather makes sense; just that last little push. The artificial Cauls are rather horrid, though; I know what Larson and Abigail made theirs from - or rather, who they made them from..."

"Yes I know what they made their Cauls from, such gateways needs a sacrifice. And yes you could say that a natural Caul seek out a mage at their lowest point or rather when the candidate is ready, which might not be a place of sadness but often is."
The prisoner replied and he nodded.

He leaned back for a moment, going through everything, then nodded, "If Kira is willing to try to cleanse her Avatar - to restore it to its un-Fallen state, that has a decent shot at saving her in the first place.

"There is basically zero chance of her being able to do that in the time she is given, even if Horizon have had several trials to deal with we are talking weeks, months at the best, and that is not enough time to do something most would even see as impossible and especially when there is no real desire for such cleansing and she only do it to save her Avatar so this is pointless to mention, yes sure and there might be a huge explosion on Horizon and she might escape or the transport bringing her there might be attacked. I said likely...likely outcomes not wishful what ifs."
Kallan said with a sigh.

Barring that, I think the only way I could leverage a stay of sentencing would be to bring Lily in, gift-wrapped and subdued, to face justice at the hands of the Cult of Ecstasy.

"I told you all I know about her there is nothing more I can do in that regard she did not get as old as she is rumored to be by not being careful."
The Nephandus repeated.

Well... there's a third option, but honestly, I don't think anyone would approve of me shooting her in the heart to have her improperly healed, so she couldn't be safely... Suffice to say, they wouldn't want me to make a habit of that.

"That would be acceptable to me, not desirable but far better than Gilgul. I see now why you have gotten to keep that apprentice of yours though."

As a backup option, we know we can bring a hostless Avatar to a, er, vacant Mage; I'm going to need a small bit of confirmation for that, though - Jace has hidden away a stockpile of Primium-coated pineal glands somewhere, doesn't he? Those glands contain trapped Avatars, and I've got a pretty clear idea of how they can be released and subsequently sent back into the normal Cycle... or I can ask a Psychopomp to help merge one with Kira, if the worst can't be avoided. I have the expertise and the ritual to pull such a miracle off, at least, all we need is the stockpile we're fairly sure Jace has in his laboratory."

"And your suggestions become more and more fanciful and improbable. That is not how Avatars work, they are souls not a pair of gloves, one size fit all. Yes if you have an hostless Avatar who happen to be compatible to an Avatarless host then you can make such a merge but just some random Avatar, no, the likelihood of any hostless Avatar being a match for Kira is incredibly low, far lower than the chance of a grumpy Umbrood Lord attacking the ship bringing her to Horizon and letting her escape that way. Now even if you are able to summon a Psycopomp, they have not been seen in centuries but I know there where old Hermetic rituals to do so, that would not help if the Avatar in question did not want to be incarnated into Kira and chances are it would not want that. You have offered me nothing that is in any chance reliable so I will confirm nothing or tell you nothing, if what I wanted was wishful thinking I can manage that on my own."
The Nephandus said sounding irritating.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next