Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

5 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 9 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:36 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Well, what can he do thousands of klicks away? I ain't asking for a research grant or internship either. And he can be mad with the Hermetic Master I'm calling for.' Nicole quipped, after writing down the number. 'You know how they are...' ending with a little chuckle.

[Think mine was just a stray which was getting rather close to becoming feral. Even now, he spends all his time outside, save when it's really wet/cold.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 9 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:41 pm

[Basement - Ritual Room 2]

Colin smiled, "It's a knack that fairly recently bloomed in full - geometric figures, patterns, anything that either relies on equidistance or continuous repetition, I suppose - but while this comes easy, I couldn't draw a person well if lives depended on it. Haven't yet tried drawing fractals, though I think I could do so without much effort... might be more insanity-inducing than anything, of course."

"It can be a useful skill to have for a ritualist."
Helena said with a nod.
"And I suspect it might be useful for your craft as well Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "A computer, yes, but sound is just vibrations - I think your brother might be catching on about now - and writing in the air is something that can be done."
He fished out his lighter, "I think I can pull something off, at least for as long as there is fuel in my lighter..."

"I am afraid I don't understand what you are thinking about Mr Wainwright but by all means let us try it out and see if your friend here can work with it."
The ice mage agreed.
"What do you need me to do?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:46 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

'Well, what can he do thousands of klicks away? I ain't asking for a research grant or internship either. And he can be mad with the Hermetic Master I'm calling for.' Nicole quipped, after writing down the number. 'You know how they are...' ending with a little chuckle.

"I am pretty sure Master Kwan can be angry at anyone who don't follow the rules, and you know Dimensional sicence is a thing. However I doubt he will do much more than go into lecture mode, oh boy but that man have mastered lecture mode."
Matt said with a sigh.
"Ok you got the number?"

(OOC: I took in a cat once, he was the uglist cat I have ever seen, he was sweet and gentle but he only left one day when he managed to escape. Many tried to capture him again but he just left, he was seen on and off for over 20 years but he just did not want to live in a home.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:06 pm

Anja wrote:"It can be a useful skill to have for a ritualist."
Helena said with a nod.
"And I suspect it might be useful for your craft as well Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "Quite so, it's helped greatly in hammering out patterns."

Anja wrote:"I am afraid I don't understand what you are thinking about Mr Wainwright but by all means let us try it out and see if your friend here can work with it."
The ice mage agreed.
He smiled, "Let's see if your brother follows my train of thought here - a physical wax tablet and an illusory one may serve the same purpose for communication here..."

((OOC: So yeah, waiting for S7trif3 to catch on to Colin's train of thought - or not, as the case may or may not be.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:21 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite so, it's helped greatly in hammering out patterns."

Helena nodded at that.

He smiled, "Let's see if your brother follows my train of thought here - a physical wax tablet and an illusory one may serve the same purpose for communication here..."

The ice maga nodded though she raised an eyebrow and she looked rather confused.
"Perhaps he will understand what you are hinting at better than me Mr Wainwright."

(OOC: Jupp let us see what Adley have to say.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:39 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Yep, got it. And thanks.' Unless Matt had anything else to add, Nicole would then end the call.

[That might be the thing; you 'trapped' him. I've only done that to mine when I had to prison him to go to the vet. Otherwise, he's always had the freedom to come/go as he pleases. He's more an urban 'Farm Cat' with my home as the epicentre than a true pet.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:37 pm

[Steelhaven Hallway]

Anja wrote:"She will hunt and she will feed, you and those like you, she might not want to, there is horror in what she do but there is horror in the void that are far stronger."
The Deaconess said darkly.

"So we need to get rid of her quickly before she harms others." Serge said, his mind drifting toward Cava and Jane, realizing they'd also be in danger.

"Is destroying her really the only way though? Dreams are meant to be shared. Isn't there a way we could share our dreams with her or something like that to help her stave off the void without her needing to harm anyone?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:43 pm

[Chief's Office]

'Yep, got it. And thanks.' Unless Matt had anything else to add, Nicole would then end the call.

"No problem have a nice evening."
Matt said before you hung up on the call.

[Steelhaven Hallway]

"So we need to get rid of her quickly before she harms others." Serge said, his mind drifting toward Cava and Jane, realizing they'd also be in danger.

"Once she would have been a noble fay lady, I do not like to have a hand in ending her existence but yes young Artist that we must do."
Mara said sadly.

"Is destroying her really the only way though? Dreams are meant to be shared. Isn't there a way we could share our dreams with her or something like that to help her stave off the void without her needing to harm anyone?"

"She can only consume dreams now, not create them, there are no other way."
The Deaconess said sadly.
"Her fate is a cruel one and she deserve our pity but the only mercy we can have for her is to set her free, and make sure you are safe until we do young Artist, since she have her eyes on you."
The large woman put her hand against your cheek like a grandmother would a bellowed grandchild.
"We have to make sure you stay safe young one."

(OOC: That is true. Leo loved people, but he wanted to be free, he did not want to be a pet.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:13 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'There. A direct number. I think.' Nicole said to the Chief with a little smile, once she'd ended the call. 'Do you want to ring him, or should I do it to introduce you?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:38 pm

[Steelhaven Hallway]

Anja wrote:"She can only consume dreams now, not create them, there are no other way."
The Deaconess said sadly.
"Her fate is a cruel one and she deserve our pity but the only mercy we can have for her is to set her free, and make sure you are safe until we do young Artist, since she have her eyes on you."
The large woman put her hand against your cheek like a grandmother would a bellowed grandchild.
"We have to make sure you stay safe young one."

Serge frowned, clearly not happy to hear that there was no other way beyond killing the princess.

"Dont worry. I'll be fine. Mr. Wainwright has lots of plans for that." Serge assured the kind Deaconess. "You mentioned a warrior before. Will he be the one to end her life?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:44 pm

I can do that no problem, and if Steelhaven have not been changed allot since when I lived here I should not be in danger of Paradox, not unless I mess up my spell."
Your sister said.
"So unless the water with interfere with the drawn protections on the floor what you suggest should be a simple task."

"Auram could be used to contain it in the largest part of the center of the star. His writing would elsewise will cross the chalk or the water would. This way we can melt it and reform it if we need to."

He pondered, "Ah, I may have an alternative idea, then, that won't wash away the chalk lines... Have you heard Stephen Hawking speak through his computer?"

"On the television."

"Yes but your friend here would cut a computer to shreds Mr Wainwright."
The ice maga protested.
He nodded, "A computer, yes, but sound is just vibrations - I think your brother might be catching on about now - and writing in the air is something that can be done."
He fished out his lighter, "I think I can pull something off, at least for as long as there is fuel in my lighter..."
"I am afraid I don't understand what you are thinking about Mr Wainwright but by all means let us try it out and see if your friend here can work with it."
The ice mage agreed.
The ice maga nodded though she raised an eyebrow and she looked rather confused.
"Perhaps he will understand what you are hinting at better than me Mr Wainwright."

Adley had his frown-face on, not the one that he used when he was upset about something, the kind he used when he was trying to figure something out and not making an easy time of it. "I can use vibrations as auram magick. Translating that from the movements he makes with his hands in the air as the words form is going to take more effort. In time, i believe a talisman or item could be made, perhaps from windchimes, or surface or barrier upon which the magick could be applied," he said thinking out loud, "If we take the effort to record each type of movement he makes and then use that to pattern a magickal instrument we could get a reliable way of communicating using the displacement. But at the moment it would take a long time for me to try to do it on the fly and I am not sure how the results would come out. There is another way also, probably using mental ars as well as either forces or matter..." Then his eyes lit up. "I have another idea. I could use forces and spiritual ars to create a trail behind as he draws the letters in the air, like drawing with sparklers on the fourth of July. That would be a lot easier..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:51 pm

[Chief's Office]

There. A direct number. I think.' Nicole said to the Chief with a little smile, once she'd ended the call. 'Do you want to ring him, or should I do it to introduce you?'

"Ah well done Miss Bouchard...hum...yes I think it might be best if someone from Master Kwan's own Tradition make the introductions."
Jeffry said with a nod.

[Steelhaven Hallway]

Serge frowned, clearly not happy to hear that there was no other way beyond killing the princess.

"Dont worry. I'll be fine. Mr. Wainwright has lots of plans for that." Serge assured the kind Deaconess. "You mentioned a warrior before. Will he be the one to end her life?"

"The vines grow in intricate patters and even if winters is near some flowers still blood. The warrior is a strong protector of your Cabal Artist show he might, but I can not answer your question for sure, you might have to do so yourself."
Mara replied.

Auram could be used to contain it in the largest part of the center of the star. His writing would elsewise will cross the chalk or the water would. This way we can melt it and reform it if we need to."

"Agreed, those are good points."
Helena said with a nod.
"It seams we have a good plan then."

Adley had his frown-face on, not the one that he used when he was upset about something, the kind he used when he was trying to figure something out and not making an easy time of it. "I can use vibrations as auram magick. Translating that from the movements he makes with his hands in the air as the words form is going to take more effort. In time, i believe a talisman or item could be made, perhaps from windchimes, or surface or barrier upon which the magick could be applied," he said thinking out loud, "If we take the effort to record each type of movement he makes and then use that to pattern a magickal instrument we could get a reliable way of communicating using the displacement. But at the moment it would take a long time for me to try to do it on the fly and I am not sure how the results would come out. There is another way also, probably using mental ars as well as either forces or matter..."

"The only problem I see with this brother is that our friend seam to like to engrave messages onto surfaces, it might be that he can nto speak through gestures translated into sounds but rather that inscribing them are part of his nature."
Your sister replied.

Then his eyes lit up. "I have another idea. I could use forces and spiritual ars to create a trail behind as he draws the letters in the air, like drawing with sparklers on the fourth of July. That would be a lot easier..."

"That might work."
Helena agreed.
'"If the spirit is willing to communicate in such a way it is not a bad idea at all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:53 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Coward.' the Etherite replied, though with a smile which made it clear it wasn't an accusation. 'Your cell or mine?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:11 pm

[Chief's Office]

"Practical Miss Bouchard, as one of his own are more likely to get this man talking than a Hermetic."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow and handed you his old, very not smart, beat up, a bit melted here and there phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:17 pm

The only problem I see with this brother is that our friend seam to like to engrave messages onto surfaces, it might be that he can nto speak through gestures translated into sounds but rather that inscribing them are part of his nature."

He nodded at that and scratched at his face, resisting the urge to pace. He wished he'd thought of something before but there was nothing to do about it in the now but try to figure it out, quickly. Bouncing ideas back and forth usually resulted in a novel approach, even if it was not always an immediate answer.

"That might work."
Helena agreed.
'"If the spirit is willing to communicate in such a way it is not a bad idea at all."

He asked the spirit, [i]'If I thicken then air near you and use ars to allow us to see what you inscribe into that air as visible words, would that satisfy your need to engrave writing?[i] Of course, he knew that would produce another scratch into the floor but at least it limited it for the future, more elaborate conversations.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:28 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Yet he's less likely to tell a Hermetic Master to do something which requires being double-jointed.' Nicole retorted, taking the Chief's cell. 'Or be on your trial board...' nonetheless dialling the number and with a obvious intake of breath, then pressed Call.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:34 pm

He asked the spirit, [i]'If I thicken then air near you and use ars to allow us to see what you inscribe into that air as visible words, would that satisfy your need to engrave writing?[i] Of course, he knew that would produce another scratch into the floor but at least it limited it for the future, more elaborate conversations.

Engrave seamed to consider this for a while, the Umbrood did not seam happy about it, that much was clear even from his featureless face but then he scraped into the floor.
"Yes it will let me record the stories of those present I will agree to it."
It was an agreement under doubt but an agreement non the less.

[Chief's Office]

'Yet he's less likely to tell a Hermetic Master to do something which requires being double-jointed.' Nicole retorted, taking the Chief's cell. 'Or be on your trial board...' nonetheless dialling the number and with a obvious intake of breath, then pressed Call.

"That is also true, be sure to let the man know you are calling on my behalf Miss Bouchard to lessen any...outbursts he might have."
Jeffry said. After two rings the call was accepted and you heard a man with a sharp, annoyed voice reply.
"This is Kwan Gwi, whom am I addressing and how did you get this number?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:19 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'This is Scientist Bouchard, Steelhaven Chantry, Boston, sir.' Nicole replied, trying to be as polite as possible. 'Sorry about short-circuiting the chain of command, but there is a situation which needs your immediate attention.' deliberately ignoring the second question.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Engrave seamed to consider this for a while, the Umbrood did not seam happy about it, that much was clear even from his featureless face but then he scraped into the floor.

Thank you. I feel that you are not as satisfied with this method as your original method. In another Now, if possible, we will attempt to make the conversation method more satisfying to you, friend. I apologize for this inconvenience to you and placing you in the edge of your domain comfort zone.' He nodded to Engrave and then said in English, "If there are no objections I will cast these spells to allow us to communicate differently."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:18 pm

[Chief's Office]

'This is Scientist Bouchard, Steelhaven Chantry, Boston, sir.' Nicole replied, trying to be as polite as possible. 'Sorry about short-circuiting the chain of command, but there is a situation which needs your immediate attention.' deliberately ignoring the second question.

"If it required my immediate attention my subordinates would have put the call through once proper formalities had been performed."
Professor Kwan said sharply.
"And I do think I asked you a question Scientist Bouchard."

Thank you. I feel that you are not as satisfied with this method as your original method. In another Now, if possible, we will attempt to make the conversation method more satisfying to you, friend. I apologize for this inconvenience to you and placing you in the edge of your domain comfort zone.'

Engrave looked at you, he was not happy but he seamed to accept the terms and he wrote into the floor.
"It is acceptable."

then said in English, "If there are no objections I will cast these spells to allow us to communicate differently."

Helena nodded at that.
"That is quite acceptable to me brother, what about you Mr Wainwright?"
She asked and she looked at Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:47 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'So you have full faith that your subordinates would always know what is or isn't important to you, and wouldn't ever try to hide failures?' Nicole replied, giving a raised eyebrow which only the Chief would see.

'As for getting this number... gave the favour-tree a shake or two. Which is why Master Morgan bani Order of Hermes, Deacon of Steelhaven- perhaps the first time the Chief had ever heard the Etherite use the correct forms of address '-asked me to place this call. He was being asked to follow procedures by your subordinates without being told what they actually were.'

[If Kwan is a Professor, doesn't that mean Morgan actually outranks him? As 'Professor' is an Adept - an equal rank would be 'Doctor'. Unless you've switched it around...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:10 pm

[Chief's Office]

'So you have full faith that your subordinates would always know what is or isn't important to you, and wouldn't ever try to hide failures?' Nicole replied, giving a raised eyebrow which only the Chief would see.

"Certainly not, that is why we have a system in place to determine what is and is not important"
Professor Kwan retorted. Jeffry shook his head and sigh.

As for getting this number... gave the favour-tree a shake or two. Which is why Master Morgan bani Order of Hermes, Deacon of Steelhaven- perhaps the first time the Chief had ever heard the Etherite use the correct forms of address '-asked me to place this call. He was being asked to follow procedures by your subordinates without being told what they actually were.'

"I see, well I would...certainly not want to keep Deacon Morgan waiting, I guess we can forgo the proper order of things just this once, but I will have you know Scientist Bouchard I do not enjoy such disturbances! You may however put him over...if you must."
The other Etherite said clearly not happy to hear who you where calling for.

(OOC: That would be correct. Jeffry do outrank him.]
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"On the television."
Anja wrote:The ice maga nodded though she raised an eyebrow and she looked rather confused.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley had his frown-face on, not the one that he used when he was upset about something, the kind he used when he was trying to figure something out and not making an easy time of it. "I can use vibrations as auram magick. Translating that from the movements he makes with his hands in the air as the words form is going to take more effort. In time, i believe a talisman or item could be made, perhaps from windchimes, or surface or barrier upon which the magick could be applied," he said thinking out loud, "If we take the effort to record each type of movement he makes and then use that to pattern a magickal instrument we could get a reliable way of communicating using the displacement. But at the moment it would take a long time for me to try to do it on the fly and I am not sure how the results would come out. There is another way also, probably using mental ars as well as either forces or matter..." Then his eyes lit up. "I have another idea. I could use forces and spiritual ars to create a trail behind as he draws the letters in the air, like drawing with sparklers on the fourth of July. That would be a lot easier..."
Anja wrote:"The only problem I see with this brother is that our friend seam to like to engrave messages onto surfaces, it might be that he can nto speak through gestures translated into sounds but rather that inscribing them are part of his nature."
Your sister replied.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded at that and scratched at his face, resisting the urge to pace. He wished he'd thought of something before but there was nothing to do about it in the now but try to figure it out, quickly. Bouncing ideas back and forth usually resulted in a novel approach, even if it was not always an immediate answer.
Anja wrote:"That might work."
Helena agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:He asked the spirit, 'If I thicken then air near you and use ars to allow us to see what you inscribe into that air as visible words, would that satisfy your need to engrave writing? Of course, he knew that would produce another scratch into the floor but at least it limited it for the future, more elaborate conversations.
Anja wrote:Engrave seamed to consider this for a while, the Umbrood did not seam happy about it, that much was clear even from his featureless face but then he scraped into the floor.
S7trif3 wrote:Thank you. I feel that you are not as satisfied with this method as your original method. In another Now, if possible, we will attempt to make the conversation method more satisfying to you, friend. I apologize for this inconvenience to you and placing you in the edge of your domain comfort zone.' He nodded to Engrave and then said in English, "If there are no objections I will cast these spells to allow us to communicate differently."
Anja wrote:Engrave looked at you, he was not happy but he seamed to accept the terms and he wrote into the floor.
"It is acceptable."

Helena nodded at that.
"That is quite acceptable to me brother, what about you Mr Wainwright?"
She asked and she looked at Colin.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, casually flicking the lid of his lighter, "Hardening the air, and layering it with colours, perhaps, so it becomes easy to read? That does undeniably sound easier and more practical than working out speech synthesis... Need any help?"

((OOC: By the way, a callback to the state of the railroads - I was just reminded of a little incident that happened seven years ago. The local trains here were all stopped, with busses set up as a substitute, because some entrepreneurs had dug across a critical cable. Which sounds reasonable on the surface, until you learn that the cable in question was in a city 170 miles away as the crow flies, and probably half again as far when the mountain range between the cities is taken into account...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:08 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Yet what happens if a situation which is not listed in the system comes up?' Nicole retorted. 'And who makes sure the system ain't being manipulated?'

Anja's Post:

The Chief would see the Etherite roll her eyes to this. 'Tell me about it; I was disturbed from my task of trying to stop the cybernetic plague so it doesn't reach the West Coast by having to deal with a hostile switchboard.'

'Handing you over now, Professor.' holding the cell out towards the Chief with a clear "God, take it!" look.

[In their defence, might have been a cable which connected a regional control centre from the signals. So while the trains could still 'run', they'd be completely blind and invisible (to each other and the stations).]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:47 am

[Steelhaven Hallway]

Anja wrote:"The vines grow in intricate patters and even if winters is near some flowers still blood. The warrior is a strong protector of your Cabal Artist show he might, but I can not answer your question for sure, you might have to do so yourself."
Mara replied.

"So the warriors Adley." Serge said with no hesitation upon hearing the word 'protector'. "Or at least he's got the biggest protector theme going on. Though it could be any number of my cabalmates. Many of them can see the immaterial...although not many of them can see the world of dreams."

Serge took a bit of time to ponder the Deaconess's final words, watching his slime spider rest on the Deaconess's lap as he thought. "...I hope it's not me. I don't think I could bring myself to kill a being like this."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next