Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 Empty The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 13, 2016 2:05 pm

(OOC: New thread. Adley where wrapping things up at the Post Office, Colin is about to be sent back to Morningstar to get help with his bruised Avatar. Richard where looking for medical supplies and Tane where at Riverside helping their wounded Deacon. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Adley Fri May 13, 2016 6:29 pm

As the quintessence was nudged into his system, Colin let slip a small sigh, a sound like you might expect to make when painkillers kick in.

Adley nodded a little, relieved at the reaction. It seemed to help and the tass had dissipated, that would hold him out a bit until he could get looked at properly. But he felt the situation was more hopeful than he had first been concerned over, though he was not yet ready to say that they were completely unharmed.

"Since my phone have become the anchor for the Master's portal I can not bring it with me as I go could you take it with me before you leave Mr Roth Hicks?"

He looked at her and nodded at the Verbena as she set up the phone and the portal. "Yes, I will return with it. Safe travels everyone." Towards Innanon, he directed 'Can you go with the one of ours that goes towards the roof and protect him? Let me know if something happens to him as he oversees his tasks,' he asked, meaning Hayden. Then he waited for everyone to clear the portal, picking up Kristina's phone. He called up Morningstar's Chief, glancing at the blood on his hand. He was going to need to wash up if they were dealing with a vampire...it was good the Verbena reminded him.

// magickal morphine! For what ails your avatar - but yeah, I rolled enough (I think?) for 2 drams if he took the first one at least
OC2 - Does Adley get some of the WP back he spent for helping to save some avatars?
OOC - sorry for taking so long, Warp - also lol, Time and Space are one. That's gonna brew some interesting effects...

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Adley:

He looked at her and nodded at the Verbena as she set up the phone and the portal. "Yes, I will return with it. Safe travels everyone."

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Kristina said as the Mercere, helping the wounded left through the portal one after another, carrying Freddy, Colin and Wolfgang with them. The portal sort of shivered each time a group went through, then after the last group consisting of Kristina, Dan and Wolfgang went through the air stopped shivering, the portal was closed and the Mercere was safely back to Morningstar.

Towards Innanon, he directed 'Can you go with the one of ours that goes towards the roof and protect him? Let me know if something happens to him as he oversees his tasks,' he asked, meaning Hayden.

"Yes, going higher in a building is harder, it is further from the Earth but I can."
Inanon agreed.
"I will protect the mage that go to the roof."

Then he waited for everyone to clear the portal, picking up Kristina's phone. He called up Morningstar's Chief, glancing at the blood on his hand. He was going to need to wash up if they were dealing with a vampire...it was good the Verbena reminded him.

You hear Joakim's warm but sharp voice.
"Yes this is Joakim."
He said, he apparently used his first name more than his surname, probably he had taken the name a long time ago when it was common for Hermetics to have one name not two and just taken a Surname when he needed it.
"What can I do for you, and who am I addressing?"

Colin:

It have been a long, pain filled sleep, you do not know how long you have been asleep, at first there where no dreams, you where just plain to exhausted, but then you had horrid nightmares, what if the Nephandi woman had managed to do what she tried, would you have ended up like Susannah? What if Freddy was dead...what if your Chantry lost and Lisa Larson managed to call a Aswadim, what if all you knew and love died...now and again you notice someone wiping sweat of your brow, or getting you to sip some water, but you desperately need rest and so you sleep, until finally you wake up.

You notice that you are in a bed, you have been given fresh clothes, there is little sound around you, There was the slight squeaking sound of a embroidery needle going though though fabric. As you open your eyes you see a small woman, pretty of Mediterranean decent with large brown hair and wearing a long, blue dress that would be more suitable eight hundred years ago, with her hair in a complex bun, the woman sat embroidering flowers onto a white cloth but she put her work aside as she saw you where awake, she took a glass of water and held it out for your.
"Mr Wainwright you are awake...how are you feeling?"
She asked then she gave you a smile.
"You have been asleep in a time bubble for two days...here you need fluids, try to drink a bit...slowly now."
Her voice was soft and kind as she handed you the glass of water.

You where in pain, not earth shattering pain anymore, and since you had some experience in dealing with pain you could function fairly normally, though there was that ache there, deep inside and coming from nowhere, at least that ache told you that your Avatar was still there and kicking. Also since you had been asleep for two days you where getting rather hungry, but your where alive and you where still a mage.

(OOC: Yes Adley get WP back, there are several times he have saved someone, and an Avatar as well so let us say he get four back. Colin get one back for each eight hour he have been asleep so 6.)

(OOC 2: No problem just post when you have the change, no pressure.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 13, 2016 7:37 pm

"Yes, going higher in a building is harder, it is further from the Earth but I can." Inanon agreed. "I will protect the mage that go to the roof."

He hadn't seen Hayden take any help with him and one never knew if there were trouble on the way. "Thank you, friend. It is not a good time to be alone right now."

"Yes this is Joakim." He said, he apparently used his first name more than his surname, probably he had taken the name a long time ago when it was common for Hermetics to have one name not two and just taken a Surname when he needed it. "What can I do for you, and who am I addressing?"

"It is I, calling with regards to some unexpected complications," he said, allowing him to hear his voice. "It seems will need some help, someone that you trust very much," he began.

// since Magda is nearby and Jerome and him are the only ones left besides the elementals, Adley assumes that unless Hayden has a familiar or called a friend that he's doing his tasks alone.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Colin blinked slowly, "Ow... it feels like... someone polished my soul with a belt sander or something similar..."
He accepted the glass, gingerly putting it to his lips and drinking, "Mmm.. my leg... feels fairly alright, though. I remember taking a hit to it; someone clubbed it with a shotgun because my pistol jammed... then I limped along and killed another Fallen with the same shotgun... there was a wall of air that we convinced to be less... wall... then there was a door; someone kicked it down and..."
He jerked upright, briefly ignoring the pain, "Christ, Freddy, how is she? She got shot, is she alive?"
He flipped the covers aside and planted both feet on the floor, "I remember... the door opened, someone shot at us, Freddy went down, and... then there's sort of a red mist, and then pain... What the hell happened to me? To us?"
He blinked, "Pardon me, I don't think I got your name, miss..."

((OOC: Well, Colin gets back 5 WP, I suppose - that's what he has. Razz Need to buy up some more; guy goes through the stuff like a baker goes through flour...))
((OOC2: Well, Well, Time IS just the fourth dimension tacked onto Length, Width and Depth - while the Spheres are separate, it makes perfect sense for a Paradigm to treat the two as aspects of the same Sphere... The combination is perfect for tracking stuff, and a bit dangerous for travel. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Adley:

He hadn't seen Hayden take any help with him and one never knew if there were trouble on the way. "Thank you, friend. It is not a good time to be alone right now."

"I will watch over the other one who have one we can not touch inside of him."
Innanon said and vanished.

"It is I, calling with regards to some unexpected complications," he said, allowing him to hear his voice. "It seems will need some help, someone that you trust very much," he began.

"Mr Roth Hicks, I was told you had injured, Master Harries is teleporting them back now."
He said.
"Yes I can send someone, is anyone of ours killed?"
He asked sounding worried.

Colin:

Colin blinked slowly, "Ow... it feels like... someone polished my soul with a belt sander or something similar..."

"Your Avatar was rather bruised when you came back to Morningstar Mr Wainwright, I have seen similar with those who loose a Core War, I assure you though there where no permanent damage, though I wonder how that can be, for your Avatar is not particularly strong, it is rare to see one as small as yours Awaken."
The woman said, there where no mockery in her voice, she was simply stating facts.
"Though it have been healing well and seams...stronger now but it will be sore for a while until it is completely healed."

He accepted the glass, gingerly putting it to his lips and drinking, "Mmm.. my leg... feels fairly alright, though. I remember taking a hit to it; someone clubbed it with a shotgun because my pistol jammed... then I limped along and killed another Fallen with the same shotgun... there was a wall of air that we convinced to be less... wall... then there was a door; someone kicked it down and..."

"Your leg is healed Mr Wainwright, it might be a little stiff until you have walked it off but it have been healed. Yes I heard that your mission to the Post Office was rather bloody."
The woman said and nodded.
"Careful when sitting up, and drink some more and when you are ready I will get you some food."
She said in the same tone of voice she would use to a sick apprentice and she did not sound like she was used to protests when she gave an order.

He jerked upright, briefly ignoring the pain, "Christ, Freddy, how is she? She got shot, is she alive?"
He flipped the covers aside and planted both feet on the floor, "I remember... the door opened, someone shot at us, Freddy went down, and... then there's sort of a red mist, and then pain... What the hell happened to me? To us?"

"I was told you would ask about the young lady...yes she is alive, you where rushed up here and I was called, at that point she was healed by one of the Verbena but she was still unconscious, I do not know anything more about her condition than that."
The woman said.
"Now do not over exert yourself Mr Wainwright...what happened from what I was told was that a Nephandus tried to Gilgul you."
She said and she did not even twitch a muscle at the word.
"Somehow you managed to survive it, you little Avatar seam to be a stubborn little spirit...good I would hate to loose a Traditionalist."

He blinked, "Pardon me, I don't think I got your name, miss..."

"No you did not, you where sleeping the whole time. My name is Crexia bani Tytalus...it is a pleasure to make your aquintence."
She said and gave a measured smile.

(OOC: Yes Hayden went upstairs to deal with the bodies alone.)

(OOC 2: Yeah, unless Strife minds I am thinking Colin can have a free permanent Willpowerpoint given how stubborn he is and just how much shit he have been through.Added for explanation, Colin seam to have more Willpower than 5 so giving him 1 more would seam more in line with his character.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Colin frowned, "Sounds like my Avatar is truly British, then... Adversity is irrelevant, so long as we keep a stiff upper lip. Considering I first Awoke during a... let's just call it an immediate crisis endangering the lives of myself and three others, I'd hazard it must like this incarnation very much... Perhaps it somehow... molted?"
He wobbled a bit, sipping at the water, "Oooh, head rush... Yes, ma'am, I'll be careful..."
He frowned, "A Nephandus tried... huh. I vaguely remember taking a blade to the Fallen who shot Freddy... after that, I think... I can't be sure, but I think I may have taken the proverbial back seat. I vaguely remember something like being controlled like a marionette, only the strings weren't external... Just like in the helicopter..."
He pressed a couple of fingertips against his chest, "Could it be that my Avatar took over to protect itself, and by extension, me, when I was unable to do so myself?"
He nodded, "A pleasure, miss Crexia. Tytalus, so Hermetic, then?"

((OOC: Woohoo!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Colin frowned, "Sounds like my Avatar is truly British, then... Adversity is irrelevant, so long as we keep a stiff upper lip. Considering I first Awoke during a... let's just call it an immediate crisis endangering the lives of myself and three others, I'd hazard it must like this incarnation very much... Perhaps it somehow... molted?"

"Well weak Avatars generally only Awaken if they are incarnated into a host that have a very patient teacher leading them...or the host suffer a very traumatic experience shaking them Awake...well in either case your Avatar is like a weed Mr Wainwright, not much to look at but hard to kill, and that can be a good thing. I have been keeping an eye on it for these two days, and it is healing nicely."

He wobbled a bit, sipping at the water, "Oooh, head rush... Yes, ma'am, I'll be careful..."

"Yes do be careful...I may not need to sleep Mr Wainwright but I have no desire spending more days in here watching over you if you hurt yourself with being careless."
Crexia said sternly.

He frowned, "A Nephandus tried... huh. I vaguely remember taking a blade to the Fallen who shot Freddy... after that, I think... I can't be sure, but I think I may have taken the proverbial back seat. I vaguely remember something like being controlled like a marionette, only the strings weren't external... Just like in the helicopter..."

"I was told you killed one Nephandus young man, but another attacked your Avatar, I did not hear a to detailed rapport though so I could not say for sure."

He pressed a couple of fingertips against his chest, "Could it be that my Avatar took over to protect itself, and by extension, me, when I was unable to do so myself?"

"I have heard about mages being controlled by their Avatars Mr Wainwright but it is rare. Little Pattern souls like yours generally do not engage in such shenanigans, but it seams your Avatar do not like to conform to what is common."
The old mage said with a bit of a smile.
"I like this soul, it will be interesting to see where you will go in life young man."

He nodded, "A pleasure, miss Crexia. Tytalus, so Hermetic, then?"

"Yes Mr Wainwright, I am a member of the Order of Hermes, I have been from the start."
The woman said with a little smile.
"Now are you ready for some food, you have not eaten in two days, you must be starving? Or do you need more rest?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 13, 2016 8:52 pm

"Mr Roth Hicks, I was told you had injured, Master Harries is teleporting them back now." He said. "Yes I can send someone, is anyone of ours killed?"

"Correct. We are taking care of things in the aftermath. No casualties but serious injuries. They wanted to intercept a particular piece of mail but failed to get in. There is no one left to guard it but it needs to be someone you personally trust and not someone that can be dissuaded or manipulated easily, nor used to do so. Being prepared against massasa and spirit attacks would be helpful. If those sent come with something so that we might see to the damage your friends you sent with me, they might be able to assist. Also the portal here should be seen to, I don't know if it was tampered with but best to assume it and the chain here was infiltrated. Speed is appreciated, I don't know if there is hostile backup on their way."

// Don't mind at all <3

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 13, 2016 9:16 pm

Colin nodded, "A Stinger missile to the face while in mid-air could generally be considered a traumatic experience, yes... And I agree; no discourtesy intended, but any extra time spent in your care is a risk of compromising the strategic situation outside..."
He frowned, "Outside... wait, you said I've slept for two days? How long has passed in the normal world, and precisely where am I right now?"
He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Killed one... no, I think I killed three Nephandi... persuaded one to run away instead of throwing a prime bolt in my face, don't know what happened to him, but I'm glad he ran instead of blowing my head off... There was the guard with the shotgun, I think I killed him, then the decent guy, the conscientious objector among the Fallen, who ran away instead of fighting, then probably the leader who I shot in the back, both barrels, then... the man who shot Freddy, who... I think I must have stabbed him slowly, to get through the shield? I vaguely remember a lot of blood, and a very surprised expression..."
He grimaced, "Where I will go in life... From what I've seen of my future, that'll be an interesting ride indeed... Between the attack on Horizon in two months' time, and the full-fledged assault in twenty years, I think I just might display more heroics than anyone in their right mind ever would..."
He frowned, "Oh, yes, there'll be an attack on Horizon in about two months... I don't know the exact date, but there'll be substantial collateral damage to the city, and there'll be assassins even getting into the Council Chambers... and the Nephandi will bring in their battlecruisers in twenty years... those things are disgusting on the outside, and even worse on the inside..."
He shook his head, "Ugh, sorry, memories of things to come... Disquieting things, though i expect you've seen stranger things yet..."
He arched an eyebrow and raised his glass, "A founding member, then? Here's to your continued good health."
He looked down, and his stomach made some loud, unhappy noises, "I think food would be good about now... Very much now, in fact..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 13, 2016 9:41 pm

Adley:

"Correct. We are taking care of things in the aftermath. No casualties but serious injuries. They wanted to intercept a particular piece of mail but failed to get in. There is no one left to guard it but it needs to be someone you personally trust and not someone that can be dissuaded or manipulated easily, nor used to do so. Being prepared against massasa and spirit attacks would be helpful.

"The Nephandi wanted a package? Do you know what is in it?"
Joakim asked then he was silent for a moment.
"I have someone in mind that I can send to help guard the Post Office. I will contact him right away."
The hedge wizard said.
"Masassa, damnation...there where vampires there?"

If those sent come with something so that we might see to the damage your friends you sent with me, they might be able to assist.

"The Umbrood are hurt?"
Joakim asked sounding worried.
"I will send someone that can help them."

Also the portal here should be seen to, I don't know if it was tampered with but best to assume it and the chain here was infiltrated. Speed is appreciated, I don't know if there is hostile backup on their way."

"I agree, we need to act quickly. I will contact my allies at once."
The Chief said.
"I should probably call them then."
He said.
"I will call you back when I know if they can help."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "A Stinger missile to the face while in mid-air could generally be considered a traumatic experience, yes... And I agree; no discourtesy intended, but any extra time spent in your care is a risk of compromising the strategic situation outside..."

"Very little time have passed for the outside world Mr Wainwright, yes that means it will be quite, disconcerting when we return to regular time, but I was told by Mr Harris you study Time so you should be able to handle it my good man."
She said then she raised an eyebrow.
"A missile, you are a warrior then young man?"

He frowned, "Outside... wait, you said I've slept for two days? How long has passed in the normal world, and precisely where am I right now?"

"About thirty minutes have passed in regular time Mr Wainwright, and you are in one of the guestrooms at Chantry Morningstar."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Killed one... no, I think I killed three Nephandi... persuaded one to run away instead of throwing a prime bolt in my face, don't know what happened to him, but I'm glad he ran instead of blowing my head off... There was the guard with the shotgun, I think I killed him, then the decent guy, the conscientious objector among the Fallen, who ran away instead of fighting, then probably the leader who I shot in the back, both barrels, then... the man who shot Freddy, who... I think I must have stabbed him slowly, to get through the shield? I vaguely remember a lot of blood, and a very surprised expression..."

"People usually wear curious expressions when you stab them Mr Wainwright and even more so if you slice their genitals of."
Crexia said in the same tone of voice as if she was asking you if you liked some tea.
"I assume both me and you will get the full story once we get a chance to talk to the other members of the rescue mission...hum a Nephandus who ran...good we are already sending one to Horizon, I do not desire to send another."

He grimaced, "Where I will go in life... From what I've seen of my future, that'll be an interesting ride indeed... Between the attack on Horizon in two months' time, and the full-fledged assault in twenty years, I think I just might display more heroics than anyone in their right mind ever would..."

"Are you speaking about future visions Mr Wainwright? What is this attack on Horizon?"
Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.

He frowned, "Oh, yes, there'll be an attack on Horizon in about two months... I don't know the exact date, but there'll be substantial collateral damage to the city, and there'll be assassins even getting into the Council Chambers... and the Nephandi will bring in their battlecruisers in twenty years... those things are disgusting on the outside, and even worse on the inside..."

"A curious man indeed Mr Wainwright...are these visions of yours? Have you had them verified?"
The old maga asked.
"Yes indeed the Battle Cruisers are most foul indeed."

He shook his head, "Ugh, sorry, memories of things to come... Disquieting things, though i expect you've seen stranger things yet..."

"I have indeed seen stranger young man, still if these visions are true they are quite troubling and we have to stop those events from taking place."

He arched an eyebrow and raised his glass, "A founding member, then? Here's to your continued good health."

"No not a Founding member but one of his close followers, I got the invitation to his House personally, he was quite the mage to, he was like you, a weed, not much in the way of magick but he was a stubborn devil...then off course he got mixed up in vampirsm and well...that was that for House Tremere, the few survivors of us had to flee to House Tytalus."
Crexia said and then grinned.
"I am a lich Mr Wainwright, I do not have good health, I have successful spells."

He looked down, and his stomach made some loud, unhappy noises, "I think food would be good about now... Very much now, in fact..."

Crexia nodded she handed you a basket, a plate and cutlery.
"There are some sandwiches, cold chicken and salad as well as a thermos with tea, Miss Mirri prepared it for you, it seamed the lady have taken a liking to you young man."
She said and smiled.
"Do enjoy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm an RAF war veteran... I was in the conflict the Americans call Desert Storm. I... killed some people, I saved some... I'm not on active duty anymore, though - those days are a quarter century past. I still keep to the discipline and keep the skills I attained there honed, though; you'll scarcely find a better pilot - especially for helicopters - in the Traditions. I'll not claim I'm the best, but certainly in the top tier..."
He scratched his chin - oh how he needed a shave now - and nodded, "Two days or so in thirty minutes - I am impressed. That's a strong rate of time dilation."
He grimaced slightly, "I've never had the distinct... experience of slicing anyone's private bits off; I rather hope I'll never have to - seems too... slow, cruel and inefficient, really. Needless suffering and all that; really something I abhor.
He pondered, "Sending one Nephandus... I presume you are referring to Jodelle Jerkins, then? I'll be... saddened to se her go, I suppose... She's a horrible person, in oh so many ways, but she's got an admirable bit of sincerity and integrity."
He set the glass down and rubbed his temples, "Future visions, yes... Memories and dreams, but ones where I am acting as me... Once in a seeking, twice in a dream... Two have found corroborating evidence, one has yet to get to that, though it does fit in wiht the others in a stable temporal loop... The vision of the attack in two months, I don't remember much of it, except that it happened... will happen. I was... will be in Concordia on a matter of... a promise, and to support a friend and Cabalmate. I don't recall the attack clearly; the vision pulled me in in the aftermath, where I and another visited a friend in the hospital, and I ended up pulling a shift as an orderly in the kitchen... The attack in two decades, though... there's a transcript available from Steelhaven Hall by request, it's been verified as containing reliable information. I surprised a Mercere by telling him what message he was delivering..."
He scratched his chin - damned stubble - and pondered, "I'm not entirely sure we can, or even should prevent those events from taking place. It might be more prudent to prepare for an immediate response when they do happen - the attacks will come in any case, but with preparation, we can prevent them from being successful. For example, the assault on Horizon with battlecruisers... I remember we have carriers for short-range fighters; we need those in place to cover the zeppelins and the main battleships - the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade, both beautiful in flight - and the blow from the smaller attack in two months can be greatly softened by preparing the clinics for a sudden crisis, and alerting the security in the Council Chambers for the attack. It feels like those things need to happen - indeed, they will happen since we cannot control the attack vectors - but we're not powerless to prevent the worse consequences..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, you're originally of House Tremere... Hm, you know, the security chief at home - Steelhaven Hall - suggested I might have made a fine Tremere, as you were back in the day. The loss of your House was a true tragedy. And... I've been meaning to confer with you, I think - you may be the lich I was informed of, when I expressed an academic interest in... well, neither the time nor place."
He broke into a broad, unrestrained grin at the mention of tea, "Oh, Miss Mirri is a gem, more precious than diamonds or tass, or even the store of Artifacts in any Chantry you could name... There's an old saying, allegedly dating back to the Normans, never to make an enemy of the cook. If there are two general categories of people I make sure to curry favour with, its couriers and cooks, because there is nothing to be gained from antagonizing them, and everything to be gained from befriending them."
For a brief while, he abandoned propriety to enthusiastically devour the sandwiches and tea.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 13, 2016 11:41 pm

"The Nephandi wanted a package? Do you know what is in it?" Joakim asked then he was silent for a moment...

"No, just where it came from. I dislike such details over the phone however ask the Mercere."

"I have someone in mind that I can send to help guard the Post Office. I will contact him right away." The hedge wizard said. "Masassa, damnation...there where vampires there?"

"I urge you to play this very close to home with those you immediately trust," he repeated, concerned for the potential for accidental security breaches, given how high up this was playing out. "Considering we do not know the full extent of how far infiltration has reached. "And yes, Tremere. We may have caught one. Assume you do not want him taken with us? Will try to find out what he knows if anything..."

"The Umbrood are hurt?"Joakim asked sounding worried. "I will send someone that can help them."

"It was a difficult battle, I will explain later. If you send some supplies, I might assist in healing them so they can remain to protect. Otherwise they will heal themselves but need to return to their plane to do so," he assured him.

"I agree, we need to act quickly. I will contact my allies at once." The Chief said. "I should probably call them then." He said. "I will call you back when I know if they can help."

"Very well." He waited to see if there was anything else and hung up, frowning. Well, if they couldn't help or were the wrong person, they'd have to move the thing somewhere else. Adley put that plan B on hold while he checked in on the umbrood on the roof with Hayden. "Is all well? he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 14, 2016 5:13 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I'm an RAF war veteran... I was in the conflict the Americans call Desert Storm. I... killed some people, I saved some... I'm not on active duty anymore, though - those days are a quarter century past. I still keep to the discipline and keep the skills I attained there honed, though; you'll scarcely find a better pilot - especially for helicopters - in the Traditions. I'll not claim I'm the best, but certainly in the top tier..."

"Helicopters you say, interesting, I do not think I have ever been in one Mr Wainwright, airplanes yes, not helicopters."
The old maga said and nodded.
"No matter the tools to war is always nasty, though sometimes necessary."

He scratched his chin - oh how he needed a shave now - and nodded, "Two days or so in thirty minutes - I am impressed. That's a strong rate of time dilation."

"It is, however I have started to ease us back with the regular flow of time slowly to make the transition less traumatic."
Crexia said and nodded towards her embroidery.
"Once we are back to regular time you are free to use the showers Mr Wainwright, and tend to your personal grooming."
She said as she noticed you scratching your cheek.

He grimaced slightly, "I've never had the distinct... experience of slicing anyone's private bits off; I rather hope I'll never have to - seems too... slow, cruel and inefficient, really. Needless suffering and all that; really something I abhor.

"It can be quite effective to get your point across Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said coldly.
"Needless suffering perhaps, but if it is suffering you benefit from it can be quite acceptable."

He pondered, "Sending one Nephandus... I presume you are referring to Jodelle Jerkins, then? I'll be... saddened to se her go, I suppose... She's a horrible person, in oh so many ways, but she's got an admirable bit of sincerity and integrity."

"Yes Miss Jerkins...I have not spoken with her I just do not like what the Traditions do to Nephandi, Guernicus was a fool to create that spell, but then, back at that time we did not know, we saw only a source of power, a Gift, nothing more."

He set the glass down and rubbed his temples, "Future visions, yes... Memories and dreams, but ones where I am acting as me... Once in a seeking, twice in a dream... Two have found corroborating evidence, one has yet to get to that, though it does fit in wiht the others in a stable temporal loop... The vision of the attack in two months, I don't remember much of it, except that it happened... will happen. I was... will be in Concordia on a matter of... a promise, and to support a friend and Cabalmate. I don't recall the attack clearly; the vision pulled me in in the aftermath, where I and another visited a friend in the hospital, and I ended up pulling a shift as an orderly in the kitchen... The attack in two decades, though... there's a transcript available from Steelhaven Hall by request, it's been verified as containing reliable information. I surprised a Mercere by telling him what message he was delivering..."

"Hum...most interesting, I will have to get a hold of this transcript then and read it Mr Wainwright...tell me you said you where on Horizon, have you ever been there in person or had it closely described? If not then if you can describe the architecture perhaps that can help verify what you have seen."
She suggested.

He scratched his chin - damned stubble - and pondered, "I'm not entirely sure we can, or even should prevent those events from taking place. It might be more prudent to prepare for an immediate response when they do happen - the attacks will come in any case, but with preparation, we can prevent them from being successful. For example, the assault on Horizon with battlecruisers... I remember we have carriers for short-range fighters; we need those in place to cover the zeppelins and the main battleships - the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade, both beautiful in flight - and the blow from the smaller attack in two months can be greatly softened by preparing the clinics for a sudden crisis, and alerting the security in the Council Chambers for the attack. It feels like those things need to happen - indeed, they will happen since we cannot control the attack vectors - but we're not powerless to prevent the worse consequences..."

"Hum...yes you may be right, that preparation is better than prevention."
Crexia said then she raised one eyebrow.
"The Heart of Horizon you say, I am surprised you know about that ship as it is not launched yet, it's creators asked the best spirit healers in the Traditions for help on it so both me and another mage of this Chantry, Master Ir have been there to work on it, indeed he is magnificent."
The woman said.
"Well one conflict at the time, let us first deal with these Nephandi."

He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, you're originally of House Tremere... Hm, you know, the security chief at home - Steelhaven Hall - suggested I might have made a fine Tremere, as you were back in the day. The loss of your House was a true tragedy. And... I've been meaning to confer with you, I think - you may be the lich I was informed of, when I expressed an academic interest in... well, neither the time nor place."

"Yes I was and you very well might have been Mr Wainwright...a warrior who know to use what he have for it's full potential, yes you might have fit us well."
She said then she sigh.
"Yes it was a tragedy born of stupidity, and all in the hope of creating a better me, a better lich...damnation if he had only held out a little longer, I am the result of an earlier experiment, and no it is probably William you want to talk about, he is the typical Hermetic lich, the ritual used to create me was improved, but not improved enough for Tremere, so he begun to to experiment with bloody vampires...the fool!"
The maga said and balled her small hands into fists.

He broke into a broad, unrestrained grin at the mention of tea, "Oh, Miss Mirri is a gem, more precious than diamonds or tass, or even the store of Artifacts in any Chantry you could name... There's an old saying, allegedly dating back to the Normans, never to make an enemy of the cook. If there are two general categories of people I make sure to curry favour with, its couriers and cooks, because there is nothing to be gained from antagonizing them, and everything to be gained from befriending them."

"Ah yes...yes she is quite a gem, an important member of the Chantry."
Crexia said and smiles.
"She keep morale up and also while many underestimate her magickal ability she can work some magick when she have to, quite a remarkable woman indeed, and no antagonizing couriers and cooks are never a good idea if you want your mail on time and your food without poison."

For a brief while, he abandoned propriety to enthusiastically devour the sandwiches and tea.

The food was delicious, it was cooked and prepared to perfection and the tea was still warm. Crexia picked her embroidery back up and worked on it in silence while you ate.

Adley:

"No, just where it came from. I dislike such details over the phone however ask the Mercere."

"Agreed, and I will do so."
Joakim said.

"I urge you to play this very close to home with those you immediately trust," he repeated, concerned for the potential for accidental security breaches, given how high up this was playing out. "Considering we do not know the full extent of how far infiltration has reached. "And yes, Tremere. We may have caught one. Assume you do not want him taken with us? Will try to find out what he knows if anything..."

"I do know how to do my job Mr Roth Hicks, I have been at this for a while."
The Security Chief said sharply.
"I will send someone that I trust."
He said then he swore in Latin.
"Damned Tremere...hum...no do not bring your prisoner here, interrogate him then decide on whatever to let him go or kill him."
Joakim said, he did not sound like he liked Tremere at all, then again, few Hermetics did, and old Hermetics even less so.

"It was a difficult battle, I will explain later. If you send some supplies, I might assist in healing them so they can remain to protect. Otherwise they will heal themselves but need to return to their plane to do so," he assured him.

"I will send someone who can heal the spirits...hum...that they are wounded saddens me, but I have a feeling they fought well."
The old hedge wizard said fondly, he obviously cared about the elementals.

"Very well." He waited to see if there was anything else and hung up, frowning. Well, if they couldn't help or were the wrong person, they'd have to move the thing somewhere else. Adley put that plan B on hold while he checked in on the umbrood on the roof with Hayden. "Is all well? he asked.

Joakim had nothing else to say other than.
"Be safe Mr Roth Hicks."
Before you hung up.

The elemental answered you as usual in feelings and impressions that your mind made into words.
"All is well, I am with the other mage now."
The Umbrood said.
"All is calm."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 14, 2016 5:32 am

"I do know how to do my job Mr Roth Hicks, I have been at this for a while." The Security Chief said sharply. "I will send someone that I trust."

Adley was about to rub his face with his bloodied hand in a moment of frustration and then dropped it with a grimace as he saw it. "Forgive me, I am reverting to old habits out of concern, not to slight you, sir." Concern with the fact he did not know who was trustworthy. The rabbit hole was deep or perhaps he should say, it rose very high. It was damnable but he did feel trust for the hedge wizard and that was going to have to be enough, he would have to trust him and his best judgement even if he didn't know all the pieces. It was not as if he did...

"Damned Tremere...hum...no do not bring your prisoner here, interrogate him then decide on whatever to let him go or kill him."
Joakim said,

"Very well," he agreed.

"I will send someone who can heal the spirits...hum...that they are wounded saddens me, but I have a feeling they fought well."
The old hedge wizard said fondly

"Good. I do not like leaving them in this state, even if they are able to heal. They did and their help is invaluable; I will explain what happened when we return," he promised. He liked that the man cared about them, some might not even thought to have asked. Still, he did not like being on the phone much and he could extoll their virtue and necessity after the rest of the duties were seen to and they were returned to Morningstar.

"Be safe Mr Roth Hicks." Before you hung up.

"You as well," he said.

"All is well, I am with the other mage now." The Umbrood said. "All is calm."

'Thank you,' he replied. Then he looked to Magda and Jerome. "Alright, there is a call going in for backup. While Mister Fisher deals with his duties let's see if the Nephandi had anything that might help us and then we'll deal with the vampire and clean up, shall we?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 14, 2016 6:46 am

"Forgive me, I am reverting to old habits out of concern, not to slight you, sir." Concern with the fact he did not know who was trustworthy.

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks, and it is a habit many of our House have as we are often responsible for many lives and the safety of those around us."
The old Hedge Wizard said then he sounded less stern and added.
"Just remember young man that I am also Flambeau."

"Good. I do not like leaving them in this state, even if they are able to heal. They did and their help is invaluable; I will explain what happened when we return," he promised.

"I do not like to leave them wounded either Mr Roth Hicks, and I will look forward to that rapport."
Joakim said, he seamed to agree that the details could wait.

Thank you,' he replied. Then he looked to Magda and Jerome. "Alright, there is a call going in for backup. While Mister Fisher deals with his duties let's see if the Nephandi had anything that might help us and then we'll deal with the vampire and clean up, shall we?"

Jerome nodded then he suggested.
"Agreed but perhaps we should bring the vampire into the Chantry before we start to go through the Fallens' things, not allot of people come out here but still I do not like to leave our only prisoner and chance for information out there on a parking lot longer than needed."
The Mercere said.
"Or I could bring Magda and bring the creature in, while you start going through our...ehm guests's belongings."
He said and patted a still rather pale Magda on the shoulder.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 14, 2016 7:09 am

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks, and it is a habit many of our House have as we are often responsible for many lives and the safety of those around us." The old Hedge Wizard said then he sounded less stern and added. "Just remember young man that I am also Flambeau."

He certainly hoped the man didn't think it was because he was a linear wizard...he would probably have said the same to his own pater. Or perhaps he was reminding him that he should trust him, as they were Housemates. And recommended to one another by his mentor. The situation though was not one that easily built trust in extended networks. In either case it did no good now to act that way and he knew it was his own habit persisting, so he simply said, "Yes, sir."

Jerome nodded then he suggested. "Agreed but perhaps we should bring the vampire into the Chantry before we start to go through the Fallens' things, not allot of people come out here but still I do not like to leave our only prisoner and chance for information out there on a parking lot longer than needed." The Mercere said."Or I could bring Magda and bring the creature in, while you start going through our...ehm guests's belongings."He said and patted a still rather pale Magda on the shoulder.

"I would not want to leave the vault unguarded," he explained. "But you have a good point. I can leave one of the elementals here with someone, or have them accompany just in case there is trouble." He looked at Magda and saw she was still looking peaky. He could not blame her, she was a teenager and had nearly seen someone gilgulled. "Good work, I know that was hard keeping on task but you kept the path clear. It seemed as if it was going to stick around some time, but now we're free to maneuver."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 14, 2016 7:41 am

"I would not want to leave the vault unguarded," he explained. "But you have a good point. I can leave one of the elementals here with someone, or have them accompany just in case there is trouble."

"You are right, we should not leave the vault unguarded, but there are only the four of us now and the elementals so there is a limit to how many tasks we can do at once if we are going to go in groups."
Jerome said then he sigh.
"What if we leave Magda here with one of the Umbroods and then I can collect the vampire, he is not likely to put up much of a fight in that condition, at most he can glare at me."
The Mercere suggested.
"And you can either come with me Sodalis or get started on sorting through what the Nephandi had on them."

He looked at Magda and saw she was still looking peaky. He could not blame her, she was a teenager and had nearly seen someone gilgulled. "Good work, I know that was hard keeping on task but you kept the path clear. It seemed as if it was going to stick around some time, but now we're free to maneuver."

"Thank you Sir."
Magda said and offered a small smile, she looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here but she kept on task and did her job.
"The air wall is weakening now, I think someone can force their way through."
She informed you.
"So yeah we should be able to move around more freely."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 14, 2016 9:30 am

Colin smiled, "The beauty of a helicopter is that it offers full freedom of aerial movement - vertical, sideways, and even holding perfectly still in the air. It is, in my opinion, far superior to a plane when it comes to sightseeing. For getting from point A to point B in a hurry, though, I'll acknowledge that planes are better."
He grinned, "Ah, yes, personal grooming... I'm afraid my electric shaver is in Boston. But a shower will be good."
He shrugged, "I've yet to come across the situation where inflicting excessive suffering has been beneficial to me. I hope I never will."
He sighed, "That spell... might have its place, but not being used like the Romans used crucifixions, or the US police dispenses speeding tickets. Seems it's become too easy to turn to as a punitive tool, and that has hampered research in other directions."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Describe what I saw... I can do better than that, I think, once I get my hands on a pen and some paper. I've committed a ship which is not yet built to paper; surely I can draw some damaged buildings, as well... As for having been there yet - no, I haven't. I've had elements of the Council Chambers described to me - such as the tenth chair which Master Porthos uses whenever he visits - and the two suns, but I've not set foot there yet. And most of those descriptions have been given to me in the past few days - after the visions appeared."
He grinned, "Actually, Master Telar is currently visiting Steelhaven Hall; she could confirm the drawing's accuracy."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Actually, Chief Morgan suggested my suitability for House Tremere not for my combat abilities, so much as my... penchant for diplomacy, for having Masters of the Arts pause and listen when I speak. He might have been on to something."
He pondered for a moment, "If you don't mind my asking, though - I'd presume your soul and Avatar are tucked away in a phylactery somewhere... how does that work? And is its physical form, materials and size important to its function?"
He ate vigorously, briefly trying to get a feel for the timeshift in the process. Not a simple thing without his monocle in the first place, and when it felt like his soul got rubbed across a bad sunburn, he let go the notion...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 14, 2016 10:05 am

Colin smiled, "The beauty of a helicopter is that it offers full freedom of aerial movement - vertical, sideways, and even holding perfectly still in the air. It is, in my opinion, far superior to a plane when it comes to sightseeing. For getting from point A to point B in a hurry, though, I'll acknowledge that planes are better."

"They do seam to be quite useful machines. I have never had the need to be in one though I have been in Umbral ships though I have never piloted one."
Crexia said and smiled.

He grinned, "Ah, yes, personal grooming... I'm afraid my electric shaver is in Boston. But a shower will be good."

"I am sure we can arrange for a shaver or a razor for you Mr Wainwright."
The old maga said and smiled.

He shrugged, "I've yet to come across the situation where inflicting excessive suffering has been beneficial to me. I hope I never will."

"Well you are still young Mr Wainwright, but you are allowed to hope."

He sighed, "That spell... might have its place, but not being used like the Romans used crucifixions, or the US police dispenses speeding tickets. Seems it's become too easy to turn to as a punitive tool, and that has hampered research in other directions."

"Well it is not often used among our own, give or take one every ten year, seventy five in all since Heylel Teomim's trial, but for the Fallen that are not a member of the Traditions, well some find it to be the only way to protect reality, I disagree, I will rather suffer a widderslainte to be born that to destroy something even our greatest minds do not fully understand."
Crexia said and sigh.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Describe what I saw... I can do better than that, I think, once I get my hands on a pen and some paper. I've committed a ship which is not yet built to paper; surely I can draw some damaged buildings, as well... As for having been there yet - no, I haven't. I've had elements of the Council Chambers described to me - such as the tenth chair which Master Porthos uses whenever he visits - and the two suns, but I've not set foot there yet. And most of those descriptions have been given to me in the past few days - after the visions appeared."

"There should be paper and writing implements in that desk over there, if you are strong enough to stand young man, if not I can get it for you."
Crexia said and pointed to a plain desk that could have been part of any collage dorm room.
"Ah yes, the twin suns of Horizon, marvels of magickal accomplishments, the second one made so the first Council could show off."
She muttered sarcastically.

He grinned, "Actually, Master Telar is currently visiting Steelhaven Hall; she could confirm the drawing's accuracy."

"Ah I see...I guess I have to have a talk with Master Telar then...hum quite interesting."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Actually, Chief Morgan suggested my suitability for House Tremere not for my combat abilities, so much as my... penchant for diplomacy, for having Masters of the Arts pause and listen when I speak. He might have been on to something."

"Ah that is even better, if you can get what you want without a fight but with talking others into seeing it from your point of view then that is the best. Tremere the Founder was a marvelous politician and diplomat."
The old mage said and smiled fondly.
"Just to bad he was also a scared food that turned to vampirism when his Longevity Potions started to fail and he felt the first breezes of Paradox."

He pondered for a moment, "If you don't mind my asking, though - I'd presume your soul and Avatar are tucked away in a phylactery somewhere... how does that work? And is its physical form, materials and size important to its function?"

"My my we have read fantasy have we not."
Crexia said and grinned.
"Well I guess what you say is right from a one point of view, my Avatar is locked into my body...no not like yours sit in your soul, it is locked into this undead flesh of mine, fused with it...that is why when Tremere tried to...recruit me he got nothing but a mouthful of the potion that fuel my existence...but as for a phylactery no...the materials and size do not matter, there is one mage in fact who's Avatar is this city, a massive phylactery, that have happened naturally though, that I fused my gift and mind into dying flesh however was not."

He ate vigorously, briefly trying to get a feel for the timeshift in the process. Not a simple thing without his monocle in the first place, and when it felt like his soul got rubbed across a bad sunburn, he let go the notion...

When you start to try magick the aching increase and become quite bad, not enough that you can not focus and grit your teeth and bare it, but enough that casual magick did not feel pleasant.
"Ah yes, like I said your Avatar is healing but magick will hurt for a while Mr Wainwright, it should be perfectly alright though in time, in fact it seams to be healing back stronger than before."
Crexia said then she handed you a small, blue stone rose from the bedside table, it was beautifully carved and was the same rose as the one Beatrice had shown you in your dream.
"Mrs Knox left this with you before I started the time expansion, she said it is apatite, that it will soothe your Avatar, I do not know how much of her proficiency with stones are the crystals themselves though and how much it is her magick using them as a tool, but if it help, there it is. Ah and your Cabalmate also left some Tass with you, a gift from Chief Joakim's Umbrood companions, I have used two dreams in treating you, but here is the last one, you will find infusing your Avatar with Quintessence might soothe it's discomfort and in turn yours."
The old mage took a small, equally blue stone from a pocket in her dress and handed it to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 14, 2016 10:46 am

Colin nodded, "It seems plausible that a way to revert the damage to an Avatar - that is, a Fallen one - is just around the proverbial corner. If we can find a way to restore widderslaintes, perhaps the whole deplorable practice of gilgul on sight can be done away with... From what little I understand, it is wasteful, and dangerous to boot, what with stray shards occasionally being left to drift around and provide a hazard..."
He carefully eased himself to his feet, pressing bak the faint dizziness, and headed over to the desk. Setting the teacup down and finishing the sandwich, he rummaged up a few sheets of paper and a pen, quickly sketching the street he remembered walking in the dream; the damage visible from his vantage point, and the clinic where Patrick had been recuperating. Not, perhaps, so detailed as to include all the flowerpots in the windowsills and such, but enough to get a good feel of the architecture in general...
He grinned a little, "Nothing wrong with creating something to show off your skills, so long as it's something you can afford to do. I'm a silversmith, myself; the entirety of my job description is essentially to show off my skills."
He rose from the sketches and stalked back to the food, refilling his teacup as he sat down, "I've seen what vampire blood can do to a Mage... or at least, the early stages of it; it's a fairly safe wager I will not go down Tremere's path, as such. I'm more liable to make some extraordinary novel mistake, really... The blessing and curse of having the mistakes of others to refer to - it allows you to not repeat them, but opens up a world of new and incredible mistakes."
He chuckled, "Ah, madame, I am an Orphan; my mentors were the likes of Tolkien, Lewis, Howard, Moorcock, Weis and Hickman... It provided a servicable framework, though some of the finer points require a bit of adaptation."
He nodded thoughtfully, "So you're saying that for as long as your body endures, you survive? There's a rather beautiful circular logic to that."
He looked at the little stone rose, and burst out laughing. "Well, that should verify the vision of the first attack, then... A cabalmate of mine showed me this stone, as I'd given it to her after returning from Chicago... she's a bit worse off than me. She told me I'd said I had asked a nurse about it. Which I subsequently did in the clinic in Horizon; the nurse had some experience with gemlore, and... well, suffice to say, that's one more stable time loop of information in place."
He cackled, almost maniacally, as he received the little stone of tass, "Hee, hee, hum... thank you... Oh, bugger, I had... three little baggies with some nasty tass on me, I think - horrible, twisted stuff, but useful in combat. I don't suppose you know where they went? As well as my pistol, and my assorted Foci? And, well, the rest of my things?"
He patted his pockets and looked around for his stuff.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 14, 2016 11:17 am

Colin nodded, "It seems plausible that a way to revert the damage to an Avatar - that is, a Fallen one - is just around the proverbial corner. If we can find a way to restore widderslaintes, perhaps the whole deplorable practice of gilgul on sight can be done away with... From what little I understand, it is wasteful, and dangerous to boot, what with stray shards occasionally being left to drift around and provide a hazard..."

"When done properly in ritual with six Masters of Spirit then there are not much of a chance of stray shards escaping and being a hazard Mr Wainwright but yes the ritual is dangerous, it leaves a stain on the soulrender..."
Crexia said and sigh sadly.
"Well I hope you are right then, but I have never heard of any way to cleanse a corrupted soul, but if one could be found then that would be one step towards winning one side of this war of ours. An important step."

He carefully eased himself to his feet, pressing bak the faint dizziness, and headed over to the desk. Setting the teacup down and finishing the sandwich, he rummaged up a few sheets of paper and a pen, quickly sketching the street he remembered walking in the dream; the damage visible from his vantage point, and the clinic where Patrick had been recuperating. Not, perhaps, so detailed as to include all the flowerpots in the windowsills and such, but enough to get a good feel of the architecture in general...

You find paper and several pens in one of the drawers of the desk. You knee was completely healed you found, it was just a little stiff but that you could walk of. Crexia glance over at you as you draw though she did not urge you to show you the drawing before you where ready, she did not appear to be someone who ever was in a hurry.

He grinned a little, "Nothing wrong with creating something to show off your skills, so long as it's something you can afford to do. I'm a silversmith, myself; the entirety of my job description is essentially to show off my skills."

"I do suppose you are right about that Mr Wainwright, two suns though, that wreck havoc with any magickal system based on numerology and the symbolism of the planets, but be that as it may, at least the sky over Horizon is distinct."

He rose from the sketches and stalked back to the food, refilling his teacup as he sat down, "I've seen what vampire blood can do to a Mage... or at least, the early stages of it; it's a fairly safe wager I will not go down Tremere's path, as such. I'm more liable to make some extraordinary novel mistake, really... The blessing and curse of having the mistakes of others to refer to - it allows you to not repeat them, but opens up a world of new and incredible mistakes."

"Mistakes are tolerable Mr Wainwright, outright stupidity is not, that is the sin Tremere committed and he paid dearly for it, so did his House, and yes I do assume you are not fool enough to follow suit, becoming a vampire is no boon for a mage."
The Hermetic said as she continued to put stitches in her embroidery, slowly bringing you closer and closer back into sync with the rest of the timestream.

He chuckled, "Ah, madame, I am an Orphan; my mentors were the likes of Tolkien, Lewis, Howard, Moorcock, Weis and Hickman... It provided a servicable framework, though some of the finer points require a bit of adaptation."

"Well imagination is it's own kind of magick, and a Paradigm created for a story are no less real than one created for the use of a practitioner. I have to admit I have read a bit of fantasy as well, my young lover seam to enjoy the genre and I do want to know what she is talking about when we are having an conversation."

He nodded thoughtfully, "So you're saying that for as long as your body endures, you survive? There's a rather beautiful circular logic to that."

"Indeed and the body of a lich at least a Hermetic one are quite durable indeed Mr Wainwright, if you burn me to ash, sooner or later my body will repair itself, I am immortal...but trapped inside of me my Avatar will never Ascend or evolve, we are as static as the statues in museums...we will always be like this and no death will come to change us either, and that is the price for what I am, though I did not know it at the time...that and...other things..."

He looked at the little stone rose, and burst out laughing. "Well, that should verify the vision of the first attack, then... A cabalmate of mine showed me this stone, as I'd given it to her after returning from Chicago... she's a bit worse off than me. She told me I'd said I had asked a nurse about it. Which I subsequently did in the clinic in Horizon; the nurse had some experience with gemlore, and... well, suffice to say, that's one more stable time loop of information in place."

"Hum...it seams this time loop of yours might be more static than I am Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a bit of a smile.
"Quite interesting...quite interesting indeed."

He cackled, almost maniacally, as he received the little stone of tass, "Hee, hee, hum... thank you... Oh, bugger, I had... three little baggies with some nasty tass on me, I think - horrible, twisted stuff, but useful in combat. I don't suppose you know where they went? As well as my pistol, and my assorted Foci? And, well, the rest of my things?"
He patted his pockets and looked around for his stuff.

"Your clothes where quite soiled in blood Mr Wainwright they are in the washery in the basement, one of our Chantry members gave you a clean shift of clothes, your possessions are over there on the table though."
She said and pointed with her embroidery needle at a glass fruit bowl standing on a small side table near the door.
"You should find all your belongings there young man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "I suppose that says something about developing a magical system based on the locations of things which can be moved by others... Besides, isn't Horizon strictly speaking rather far away from Earth, in a manner of speaking, so as to render the solar system's configuration a bit moot anyway?"
He sighed, "I suppose Tremere could be well described as a classical Hero... larger than life, more skilled than his peers, and ultimately brought down by his own hubris."
He grinned, "You might appreciate a series I've just started reading; it's set in present-day Chicago, in fact - it's about a Wizard who is the only one listedin the Yellow Pages. A fellow named Harry Dresden. So far, he seems to be investigating some warlocks - by the description so far, they sound a lot like the widderslaintes you hear about; malicious and murderous."
He frowned, "So, in a manner of speaking, you and your Avatar are... trapped in a slice of time. Stuck between tick and tock... That does sound rather like a bad bargain."
He limped over to the fruit bowl and gathered up his items, "Excellent... even the... ew, the qlippothic tass is there. At least I'll be able to burn it off without any distinguishable side effects..."

((OOC: Forgot to roll for drawing - Int+Crafts should be appropriate for drawing the Concordia streets? 1,1,6,8,8,0,0... Well, then, a couple of successes, at least?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "I suppose that says something about developing a magical system based on the locations of things which can be moved by others... Besides, isn't Horizon strictly speaking rather far away from Earth, in a manner of speaking, so as to render the solar system's configuration a bit moot anyway?"

"Some of the Middle Umbra realms are located in the spiritual associations of some of the planets, but Horizon, that is located near the outer limits of the Middle Umbra, it's closeness or farness from Earth is rather relative Mr Wainwright."
The old maga said and smiled.

He sighed, "I suppose Tremere could be well described as a classical Hero... larger than life, more skilled than his peers, and ultimately brought down by his own hubris."

"Yes indeed Mr Wainwright, that is exactly what he was, then again all the Founders where larger than life, and perhaps the only reason why they did not destroy themselves in their own hubris was that they died before they had the chance. Tremere was the last survivor of the original twelve Founders."

He grinned, "You might appreciate a series I've just started reading; it's set in present-day Chicago, in fact - it's about a Wizard who is the only one listedin the Yellow Pages. A fellow named Harry Dresden. So far, he seems to be investigating some warlocks - by the description so far, they sound a lot like the widderslaintes you hear about; malicious and murderous."

"Ah...I will remember to check that series out then Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and gave a little smile.
"Though I more often read high epic fantasy, perhaps I long back to a time where Paradox was not such a thorn in everyone's side."

He frowned, "So, in a manner of speaking, you and your Avatar are... trapped in a slice of time. Stuck between tick and tock... That does sound rather like a bad bargain."

"Yes in many ways that is exactly what I am am young man, and no even with me lichdom where never a good deal, for the regular liches though there are even more drawbacks."
The old maga said then she sigh.
"There is a reason why liches are rare."

He limped over to the fruit bowl and gathered up his items, "Excellent... even the... ew, the qlippothic tass is there. At least I'll be able to burn it off without any distinguishable side effects..."

"Yes I was told that you had the ability to burn off such vile vis without drawing it into yourself, most interesting Mr Wainwright, most interesting indeed...now are you readdy for me to end this effect? There might be some discomfort when he fully reintegrate in the timestream, for you do not want to be stuck here with me between tick and tock now do you."
Crexia said and smiled a little sadly.

Your drawing have turned out fairly well, and while it was drawn quickly you have managed to capture the scene on the street leading to the Verbena clinic rather well and even made the scene get a bit of flair and life to it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps it could be argued that the other Founders were great due to their innate power, while Tremere was great rather in spite of it - if he had a frail Avatar and still managed to stand shoulder to shoulder with the others, that would certainly be liable to give him a skewed ego over the years..."
He scritched his chin, "There's another author I could mention - a Christine Morgan; she's got a couple of fantasy trilogies, as well as some children's books. Some horror of varying visceral degree as well, I think, but that's hardly my go-to genre. The novels are... well, perhaps a little formulaic, but the characters are solid."
He nodded, finishing the last sandwich and washing it down with the last swig of tea, "I believe I am as ready as I can get. Though, I suppose I could end up with worse company than you stuck between the seconds. Oh, and do feel free to examine the drawing while I... groom."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next