Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:35 am

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.15]

Colin's Post:

'Do I look like someone who cares what the law says?' Nicole's voice will reply, muffled by her pillow. 'If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and acts like a duck, I will call it a duck regardless how many slimy lawyers argue that technically it's a cow.'

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Adley's Post:

Nicole gave a silent shrug to this, but did as bidden.

Serge's Post:

'Yes... I had less holes and more limbs.' Nicole replied, in her tone of nonchalant puzzlement which Serge might recognise as her default setting of when she was encountering "mystical stuff" which she couldn't be bothered to even attempt working out.

[Heh... Nicole paraphrasing Pinhead. Who says 80s horror has no lessons to teach?]

[That means that past-Adley can't see any magick. Past-Nick, on the other hand... all depends on whether Kinfolk count as "Awake" for the purposes of witnessing etc.]

[Nick's not in the mood to enlighten Adley - in fact she brought a book so she didn't have to talk to him (as she doesn't normally read, it's even more an insult...). However, I do think we need a basic 'write-up' of what happened in that event, as well as quick descriptions of their past-selves and so on. The very fact Nick lost her Genius and re-gained a limb for a couple of hours will be disconcerting at best.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:46 am

Nicole wrote:'Do I look like someone who cares what the law says?' Nicole's voice will reply, muffled by her pillow. 'If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and acts like a duck, I will call it a duck regardless how many slimy lawyers argue that technically it's a cow.'
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Do note that neither my tone nor demeanour should imply any measure of agreement with that particular bit of status quo. And I do agree, the law should treat wage theft at least on par with any other kind of theft, but right now, it's not the lawyers, but the lobbyists and lawmakers that present that particular problem... as it has been here for decades. Well... pretty much since the US became its own nation, really..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:16 am

[Ritual Room 12:30]

Showtime guys." Serge said stretching his arms and entering into the circle just just as the Primus asked. As he walked past his cabalmates he gave each one of them a picture that depicted themselves. Each one was an optical illusion that would allow them to change the age of the picture simply by shifting their perspective on it.

"Hold on to those. Its just a little something to help you get into the right state of mind while you think of who you were in the past."

"Thank you," he said, accepting the picture and studying it curiously. He seemed nervous, trying not to pace and fidget but it was clear that standing still, focusing on his past were challenging to him.

// in that case, the GM can write up what happened and we can make our reaction posts; I've been roleplaying as if Adley is fairly emotionally volatile regarding the affair, and feeling vulnerable, as well as upset over Nassa's disappearence and Beatrice's distress. Caring for others is a way to keep him on track, but he's having concentration issues and people that don't know him well might think he's acting strange, less composed. As for Nic insulting Adley by reading a book, he doesn't find that insulting, and he wouldn't know how much she chooses to read in her personal time or not to make some implication. He did notice she /had/ a book, since he's unlikely to have seen her with one generally and also he notices books. Her ignoring him outright /is/ insulting but not talking to him in general isn't, to him, if she doesn't have any reason to. Believe it or not he's not looking for slights on her part but he definitely noticed her ignoring him on purpose.

Re: enlightening Adley, or not - I'm saying that groundwork should be laid down at some point, and there's an opportunity now, if you want to make one. If not, then at some point in the near future they're going to have to get along better somehow. Feel free to PM me so we can think of working something out that makes sense.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:17 am

'Didn't say it would be easy. Just that it's possible.'

"Everything is possible Miss Bouchard, but some things is allot harder to do and usually not worth the resources to do."
Amadeus said simply.

Yet now if a kid is truly special and you said that, most parents will think you've said they're stupid.' Nicole retorted. 'Next step, all the strangulated jargon which disguises the nasty truths about what you're up to. No, I'm not planning to shaft my workers by stealing their pay, no it's a "review of incentive procedures". Nice and clean way for the little Eichmanns to commit evil, before they drive home and play with their kids.' her venom obvious in her tone.

"Absolutely words are twisted to make thigns sound better Miss Bouchard. Howeever saing your son have learning dificulties and will need adjusted edjucation instead of calling the child a retard is not twisting words it is treating this child with humanity which is something you should do."
The old Verbena said sternly.

Colin frowned, "In the words of Hitler and Goebbels, if you tell a lie outrageous enough, people will doubt anyone could distort the truth that badly, and if you repeat it often enough, people will take it to heart..."

"Indeed but some things are not worth the enmormous effort of making a belivable lie, and there will always be enough who do not believe the lies the Union tell that an outright war with all the Chantries of Boston will make the current Paradigm unstable."
Amadeus replied.

He looked at Nicole and replied sourly, "Well, now, Miss Bouchard, surely you're aware that wage theft isn't actually a crime in the US? It's only a crime if the employees steal from the employer. But yes, linguistic drift is one thing, but it's become increasingly common practice in the past thirty or so years to find euphemisms for accurate terminology, and treat accurate terminology as slurs. What is called 'special' now used to be 'developmentally disabled' not too long ago, which is an accurate term for what was commonly referred to as 'retarded', which is a cruel slur, and mundanely gifted children are either dismissed or drugged to keep them down toward the mean average... Your observations may not be completely correctly interpreted, but I'll note that you're certainly not wrong."

Indeed, words are changed to make things sound better, and using the right words for things is a good idea, however calling a disabeled child a retard is just cruel and I do not think that is something one should do, sometimes the way one shape one's words is the difference between telling the truth and just hurting the other person."
The old healer relied.

[Chantry, 12.30]

Smoking a cigarette as she drank her coffee, Nicole followed the others as they went to the ritual room, wondering idly about her previous self. Then a thought hit her.

'Erm... if I'm going back to my past self, does that mean I'll have all the feelings at that time? Like... for example, if the past-me was drunk at that point, would the present-me become drunk?'

"Tes you would have the experience of your current self, but the feeling and body state of your past self child."
George replied.

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Erm... okay.' Nicole replied, draining her coffee-cup and if unable to find anywhere else more suitable, ditching her cigarette-end in it.

Adley eyed Nicole as she entered the room and gave her a nod. "You can place the trash over here, please..." he said, indicating an area where he'd cleaned up ahead of the ritual.

"I can go first if you guys prefer."
Jon offered looking at the ritual circle.

[Ritual Room, later]

He skirted by the rooms and recalled the group was downstairs, and hurried there...

You found George, Mara and Crexia gathered around a bowl of water scrying for Amadeus. George looked up when he noticed you where there.
"Yes Mr Roth Hicks how may I help you?"
He asked. Vanja was standing against one wall waiting until she could be useful.

[After the Time Problems 12: 45]

"She's been through worse. And our doctor has healed worse. She'll be just fine." Serge reassured.

"I hope you are right..."
Thomas said but he still looked rather concerned.

"There you go. Easy now." Serge said, sighing as he returned to his normal mental state. He pulled out his phone and texted Dr. Lee, "Managed to calm Bianca a little. Her breathing and other vitals have improved."

"Is she any better?"
Thomas asked from the bed as you got a reply back from Richard.
"I am coming down, things are calming down here, keep monitoring her breathing."

[Villa]

He nodded, "Essentially that - unlike the old sending stones, a phone has parts that can be replaced - and the Arcane connection can be moved between phones, or separated from the phone entirely."

"Oh how I miss using stones, mirrors and bowls of water, and spirit messagers for spirit communication...that at least I could understand."
Jeffry said longingly.
"Well i do nto have to understand phones, hopefully you can cotnact my filia."

He frowned, "Ah, bugger, that's right... slipped my mind. But yes, there's some dark poetry there."

Darrian nodded darkly at that.

He nodded, "I've had medical charcoal on a couple of occasions; bit of a nasty food poisoning incident in what you Americans call Desert Storm, knocked a few of us out for a few days... Charcoal tastes better. Not much better, but better."

"It was not fun for a 4 year old boy, I can tell you that."
Chris said with a frown.
"Still I would drink shit like that to protect my Core."

He smiled thinly, "You're quite welcome. Do try to see if you can recover anyone sufficiently intact for questioning, especially their leader, a tall woman who may or may not have a canister-shaped bruise on her head... I'm sure Master Nassa will want a word with her. Good night, and good luck."

"I have no doubt that Master Nassa will want a word with her. Well I know the drill Mr Wainwright. It is always a goal to take Nephandi alive and if we can we will but the first priority is to protect the Verbena Life Tree."
Helena replied.
"Well I should go and get this operation in motion...if there was nothing further Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: There is allot of OOC so I will make a seperate post for it so I do not get confused.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:26 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Oh how I miss using stones, mirrors and bowls of water, and spirit messagers for spirit communication...that at least I could understand."
Jeffry said longingly.
"Well i do nto have to understand phones, hopefully you can cotnact my filia."
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, now, the old methods still do work, but the new devices offer a measure of convenience... especially when it comes to contacting people outside the Traditions. You know, the Prince of Boston wondered if I was aware of the existence of this new device called a telephone, too, when I first contacted him. Which was a fair question, since I had to use older means in lieu of having his number in the first place..."

Anja wrote:"It was not fun for a 4 year old boy, I can tell you that."
Chris said with a frown.
"Still I would drink shit like that to protect my Core."
He nodded, "Well, obviously, there's not a lot a Mage would not do to protect the Avatar, especially when it's such a simple, if unpleasant, thing as downing a shot."

Anja wrote:"I have no doubt that Master Nassa will want a word with her. Well I know the drill Mr Wainwright. It is always a goal to take Nephandi alive and if we can we will but the first priority is to protect the Verbena Life Tree."
Helena replied.
"Well I should go and get this operation in motion...if there was nothing further Mr Wainwright?"
He shook his head, "No, I expect it's about time to ask the Exemplar to join us to get the Labyrinth out of his locket... Performing a ritual with a centuries-old Exemplar watching, it will certainly be an interesting experience. Good luck."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:46 pm

[Villa]

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, now, the old methods still do work, but the new devices offer a measure of convenience... especially when it comes to contacting people outside the Traditions. You know, the Prince of Boston wondered if I was aware of the existence of this new device called a telephone, too, when I first contacted him. Which was a fair question, since I had to use older means in lieu of having his number in the first place..."

"Well scrying mirrors and crystals for communication are conventient to."
Jeffry protested stubbornly.
"But I will admit that when it comes to contacting sleepers and not attracting Paradox these damnable things do have their uses."
He said with a sigh.
"Well I assume this prince is fairly old then."

He nodded, "Well, obviously, there's not a lot a Mage would not do to protect the Avatar, especially when it's such a simple, if unpleasant, thing as downing a shot."

"Indeed so. I mean our Cores are more important than our lives."
Chris said with a nod.
"But as I will be helping out during the strike ont he Labyrinth with running ops I doubt I will need this vaccine...hopefully."

He shook his head, "No, I expect it's about time to ask the Exemplar to join us to get the Labyrinth out of his locket... Performing a ritual with a centuries-old Exemplar watching, it will certainly be an interesting experience. Good luck."

"The same, try to to mess it up. I have a feeling that if this Exemplar was not hit with the gas and are watching then if somethign was to happen to his locket the consequense would be brutal and immediate."
Helena said with a frown that you could allmost hear over the phone.
"Who is performing the ritual by the way?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:02 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Well scrying mirrors and crystals for communication are conventient to."
Jeffry protested stubbornly.
"But I will admit that when it comes to contacting sleepers and not attracting Paradox these damnable things do have their uses."
He said with a sigh.
"Well I assume this prince is fairly old then."
Colin shrugged, "It can be a lot harder to contact someone through a mirror, compared to looking up their phone number and calling, Paradox aside. As for the Prince, bugger if I know, but he's obviously used to dealing with quite old individuals who may or may not have noticed the Industrial Revolution happening."

Anja wrote:"The same, try to to mess it up. I have a feeling that if this Exemplar was not hit with the gas and are watching then if somethign was to happen to his locket the consequense would be brutal and immediate."
Helena said with a frown that you could allmost hear over the phone.
"Who is performing the ritual by the way?"
He frowned, "Well, I have offered to perform a professional cleaning and repair of it, with him watching, later, but yes, breaking something that belongs to a literal force of nature would be... unpleasant. I believe we are all quite aware of the... gravity of the situation."
He smiled wryly, "And that would be your Pater and Master Haagen, as well as Master Dovenfield of the Adepts. I'll do my best to keep the locket from being harmed while they clear it out."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:20 pm

[Villa]

Colin shrugged, "It can be a lot harder to contact someone through a mirror, compared to looking up their phone number and calling, Paradox aside. As for the Prince, bugger if I know, but he's obviously used to dealing with quite old individuals who may or may not have noticed the Industrial Revolution happening."

"How exactly is it harder Mr Wainwright, all you need is some sort of connection to them, just like looking up their phone number, and calling through a mirror is hardly harder than typing in a number on the little hellish machines."
Jeffry protested.
"He sounds like a man I could have enjoyed talking with then if he was not a Massassa."
The war mage replied with a satisfied nod.
"And the idustrial revolution was over rated."
He added sourly.

He frowned, "Well, I have offered to perform a professional cleaning and repair of it, with him watching, later, but yes, breaking something that belongs to a literal force of nature would be... unpleasant. I believe we are all quite aware of the... gravity of the situation."

"Hopefully all will go well and according to plan."
Helena said but she did sound a bit worried all the same.

He smiled wryly, "And that would be your Pater and Master Haagen, as well as Master Dovenfield of the Adepts. I'll do my best to keep the locket from being harmed while they clear it out."

"My Pater is part of this?"
The ice maga said and she now sounded even more concerned.
"Yes please try to make sure nothing go wrong, I would like to keep my teacher alive...and Master Haagen and Master Dovenfield as well off course."
She added quickly though it was clear to anyone listening that it was Jeffry the young Flambeau was most concerned about out of the group that would extract the Labyrinth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:35 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"How exactly is it harder Mr Wainwright, all you need is some sort of connection to them, just like looking up their phone number, and calling through a mirror is hardly harder than typing in a number on the little hellish machines."
Jeffry protested.
"He sounds like a man I could have enjoyed talking with then if he was not a Massassa."
The war mage replied with a satisfied nod.
"And the idustrial revolution was over rated."
He added sourly.
Colin smiled thinly, "Because most Magi, it seems, try to protect themselves to some degree from random strangers scrying on them uninvited, yet they have their phone numbers listed and readily available for anyone willing to spend a little time searching with no particular risk, whether of Paradox or of repercussion... And yes, the Arthurian is quite the noble man. You might indeed have enjoyed his conversation."

Anja wrote:"My Pater is part of this?"
The ice maga said and she now sounded even more concerned.
"Yes please try to make sure nothing go wrong, I would like to keep my teacher alive...and Master Haagen and Master Dovenfield as well off course."
She added quickly though it was clear to anyone listening that it was Jeffry the young Flambeau was most concerned about out of the group that would extract the Labyrinth.
He smiled thinly, "I'll protect him as best I can... oh, and give Adley my best, if he's back from his time hop yet. Your little brother is quite as precious."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:41 pm

[Villa]

Colin smiled thinly, "Because most Magi, it seems, try to protect themselves to some degree from random strangers scrying on them uninvited, yet they have their phone numbers listed and readily available for anyone willing to spend a little time searching with no particular risk, whether of Paradox or of repercussion... And yes, the Arthurian is quite the noble man. You might indeed have enjoyed his conversation."

"Well many sleepers protect their phone numbers, also you do not need to scry on anyone, letting them have a sensation that communication is sought or even having the tool used for such communication glow or in other ways signal is enough, there is no need to trigger personal wards."
Jeffry replied.
"Yes perhaps I would have but alas such a contact the Code do not premit."

He smiled thinly, "I'll protect him as best I can... oh, and give Adley my best, if he's back from his time hop yet. Your little brother is quite as precious."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright and yes Adley is precious."
Helena said fondly.
"He is back I hear but we are missing Master Nassa, your three Cabalmates though are back safely."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

"I can go first if you guys prefer."

He shook his head. "No, it's alright. Whomever was going to go, should go, if that is me, then it is."

[Ritual Room, later]

ou found George, Mara and Crexia gathered around a bowl of water scrying for Amadeus. George looked up when he noticed you where there.
"Yes Mr Roth Hicks how may I help you?"
He asked. Vanja was standing against one wall waiting until she could be useful.

He seemed momentarily confused, as if he wasn't sure he should have interrupted. "Uhm...pardon me, I have something that might help... to ward the tree...and then I can assist with the link, if you need me...."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:54 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

He shook his head. "No, it's alright. Whomever was going to go, should go, if that is me, then it is."

"It do not matter as much the order of who go first but the two that are being sent back physically and the two that are having their minds sent back should go right after one antoher so we do not have to change the working between each time."
George said.
"So you going first Sodalis works well."

[Ritual Room, later]

He seemed momentarily confused, as if he wasn't sure he should have interrupted. "Uhm...pardon me, I have something that might help... to ward the tree...and then I can assist with the link, if you need me...."

George smiled to say you had done nothing wrong.
"Warding the tree might help actually, yes let us do that and then see if we can find Amadeus, your aid is appriciated Sodalis."
The old Guernicus said.
"The ward first then and then resuming scrying using you as a ling to my Cabalmate, if you would join us then Mr Roth Hicks, what what link to the Verbena World Tree is it that you have?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Well many sleepers protect their phone numbers, also you do not need to scry on anyone, letting them have a sensation that communication is sought or even having the tool used for such communication glow or in other ways signal is enough, there is no need to trigger personal wards."
Jeffry replied.
"Yes perhaps I would have but alas such a contact the Code do not premit."
Colin nodded, "True. Then again, not everyone has the understanding needed to reach out across any distance to speak with someone magically, but pretty much anyone can figure out how to use a phone."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright and yes Adley is precious."
Helena said fondly.
"He is back I hear but we are missing Master Nassa, your three Cabalmates though are back safely."
He nodded, "I expected Master Nassa would be hampered by the attack on the tree... I hope that can be resolved quickly now. Well, we have our duties. Good luck, once more, and godspeed."

He gave her a moment for a few last words, then hung up and headed back to the living room, giving the preparations a quick look, "Are we ready then, gentlemen? Should I invite the old Master up?"

((OOC: So, the local Mage campaign we're playing over Discord now takes place in SF. My Dreamspeaker Psion got a sort of extended lecture from Helena Mar about her brother's Cabal in Boston, led by the most infuriating Orphan in the world - more so due to how undeniably good his results are. Razz I wonder who she could mean?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Anja's Post:

'Oh, I can answer that one. Retard was actually once like a technical term or a level of stupidity or something.' Nicole replied. 'But then you couldn't say that no more...'

Anja's Post:

'Well, I'm hurt. By you telling me I'm wrong. I demand a world I'm never told I'm wrong, however bone-headed or just plain nuts my views are.' the Etherite replied, clearly taking the concept to a stupid conclusion to point out it's weakness.

[Chantry, 12.30]

Anja's Post:

'Oh... goodie.' tone making it clear this was not going to be an experience the Etherite was particularly looking forward to.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:55 pm

[Villa]

Colin nodded, "True. Then again, not everyone has the understanding needed to reach out across any distance to speak with someone magically, but pretty much anyone can figure out how to use a phone."

"Well I guess that is one thing one can say for the Union they did bring wonders to the sleepers, then again simple crystals for communication over distances and other such devices can be bought in many stores on Horizon, intended for use by sleepers."
Jeffry replied with a frown.

He nodded, "I expected Master Nassa would be hampered by the attack on the tree... I hope that can be resolved quickly now. Well, we have our duties. Good luck, once more, and godspeed."

"Yes that is what Master Steelhaven suspect, that Master Nassa have been driven off course by the attack on his Coven's World Tree. I hope so as well, and yes indeed we both have our duties, good luck to you as well Mr Wainwright."
Helena said before the call ended.

He gave her a moment for a few last words, then hung up and headed back to the living room, giving the preparations a quick look, "Are we ready then, gentlemen? Should I invite the old Master up?"

On the floor a complex ritual circle in chalk with various symbols had been drawn and Darrian was mixing the contents of two bottles into a third, the resulting liquid taking on a clear, pale purple color. Chris sat typing on his computer. Jeffry nodded.
"Yes please do Mr Wainwright, I do believe we are just about ready here."

'Oh, I can answer that one. Retard was actually once like a technical term or a level of stupidity or something.' Nicole replied. 'But then you couldn't say that no more...'

"And negro simply mean black but you wuld not call someone that either due to negative assosiation with the word which is allmost as bad as a certain other word used for brown skinned pepole."
Amadeus said with a sigh.
"Simetimes a word become so full of negativity that it loose it's original meaning, at least when used about pepole, and then finding a new word to use with less baggage is a good thing and show one can respect this other person."

'Well, I'm hurt. By you telling me I'm wrong. I demand a world I'm never told I'm wrong, however bone-headed or just plain nuts my views are.' the Etherite replied, clearly taking the concept to a stupid conclusion to point out it's weakness.

"Look at it this way Miss Bouchard, if someone ask me if their hat look good, I do not have to say, no this hat make you look like a gray, flattened toad, I can simply say, no I do not think this hat flatters you. One do not have to try to be hurtful, and calling someone a retard is hurtful, the word have come to mean a person who is less than human, who deserve no respect or compassion, who can be ignored and stepped on, showing a bit of consideration here is actually showing humanity Miss Bouchard."
Amadeus said sternly.
"Without loosing any actual meaning."

[Chantry, 12.30]

'Oh... goodie.' tone making it clear this was not going to be an experience the Etherite was particularly looking forward to.

"Well I do not think there will be actual pain."
George replied.
"I think, but it might feel...odd..."

(OOC: Yes wonder who that could be. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Nicole wrote:'Yes... I had less holes and more limbs.' Nicole replied, in her tone of nonchalant puzzlement which Serge might recognise as her default setting of when she was encountering "mystical stuff" which she couldn't be bothered to even attempt working out.

"Aaand you've failed." Serge said with a slight smirk. "Try not to focus on how your different to your past self. Try to think of things that are the same between past you and current you. That'll make it easier to connect to the past."

Anja wrote:"I can go first if you guys prefer."
Adley wrote:He shook his head. "No, it's alright. Whomever was going to go, should go, if that is me, then it is."
Anja wrote:"It do not matter as much the order of who go first but the two that are being sent back physically and the two that are having their minds sent back should go right after one antoher so we do not have to change the working between each time."
George said.

"I'm fine with either. Let me know when I should start my spell." Serge said simply.

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right..."
Thomas said but he still looked rather concerned.
Anja wrote:"Is she any better?"
Thomas asked from the bed as you got a reply back from Richard.
"I am coming down, things are calming down here, keep monitoring her breathing."

"Her breathing better and she's not mentally freaking out." Serge explained, making sure to keep constant vigilance on Bianca and her breathing. "Doctor's on his way as well. So that's good. Looks like things are calming down in other places as well. It looks like whatever happened has slowed down."

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:46 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess that is one thing one can say for the Union they did bring wonders to the sleepers, then again simple crystals for communication over distances and other such devices can be bought in many stores on Horizon, intended for use by sleepers."
Jeffry replied with a frown.
Colin grinned, "So, perhaps we should convince Narim to start Steelhaven Imports, and go into the telecommunications market as a side business for the Chantry?"

Anja wrote:On the floor a complex ritual circle in chalk with various symbols had been drawn and Darrian was mixing the contents of two bottles into a third, the resulting liquid taking on a clear, pale purple color. Chris sat typing on his computer. Jeffry nodded.
"Yes please do Mr Wainwright, I do believe we are just about ready here."
He nodded, then paused as he turned toward the kitchen, "Ah, just one thing I'd want to know first - where exactly will we be putting the Labyrinth entrance? Presumably, we won't be placing the whole place in here, but if it's just a... doorway... would that be something we'll confine to the circle? Also, I expect my top priority will be to keep an eye on the locket, to make sure no harm comes to it during the ritual?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:25 am

Anja's Post:

'Erm... nah. If it was a guy, most would laugh at being called Toad-Head. If a girl asks that question, there is no right answer.' the Etherite quipped.

[Chantry, 12.30]

Anja's Post:

'Odd? That I'm about to like re-grow an arm for like a couple of hours? Lord knows what someone who'd like had a sex-change or something would feel being "reverted back" for a bit.' the Etherite commented, more thoughtful than accusatory.

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Serge's Post:

'Our mutual enemy, the asshole who decided shoes should stop at a 12?' Nicole replied, giving him the clear "I'm winding you up" look.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a sigh and stepped forward. 'Look, I'll go. Some has to be the first...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:02 am

'Erm... nah. If it was a guy, most would laugh at being called Toad-Head. If a girl asks that question, there is no right answer.' the Etherite quipped.

"You do understand the example at least."
Amadeus said then a smiled.
"But yes I have been both a man and a woman there really is no right answer for a woman."

[Chantry, 12.30]

'Odd? That I'm about to like re-grow an arm for like a couple of hours? Lord knows what someone who'd like had a sex-change or something would feel being "reverted back" for a bit.' the Etherite commented, more thoughtful than accusatory.

"Hum...yes such body changes might be disconcerting."
George said with a nod.
"Hopefully it will not be to bad."

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Nicole gave a sigh and stepped forward. 'Look, I'll go. Some has to be the first...'

George nodded. Vanja vent around the circle lighting a white candle at each corner then she joined the Masters inside of the circle, the four magi begun chanting in latin, and Crexia motioned for Serge to start the guiding process. For now Nicole would just feel slightly dizzy as the ritual begun.

"I'm fine with either. Let me know when I should start my spell." Serge said simply.

Crexia nodded and signaled for you to begin your working.

"Her breathing better and she's not mentally freaking out." Serge explained, making sure to keep constant vigilance on Bianca and her breathing. "Doctor's on his way as well. So that's good. Looks like things are calming down in other places as well. It looks like whatever happened has slowed down."

"That is good."
Thomas said and he laid back thown flat wincing, he had drawn hard on his bounds to try to get up to help Bianca.
"Hopefully she will be fine then. I was worried for her when she just collapsed."
The young Void Engineer said. At this time there was a soft knock on the door and then Richard entered the room with his bag, the Akashic looked rather worn and tired but he hurried into the bedroom and he looked down at Bianca and sat down beside her.
"Have there been any changes since the last message you sent me?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Oh and hi, both of you, this day is robbing me of basic manners it seams."
He said as he begun gently examining Bianca.

[Villa]

Colin grinned, "So, perhaps we should convince Narim to start Steelhaven Imports, and go into the telecommunications market as a side business for the Chantry?"

"To sell those horrid little machines on Horizon? I would nto sully Steelhaven's good name!"
Jeffry exlaimed.
"And besides do you not need some sort of central ehm...ehm...tower to make them work?"
He asked clearly thinking of a brick and mortar tower here.
"I mean that is the least offensive part of the whole thing. i am quite fond of towers actually."

He nodded, then paused as he turned toward the kitchen, "Ah, just one thing I'd want to know first - where exactly will we be putting the Labyrinth entrance? Presumably, we won't be placing the whole place in here, but if it's just a... doorway... would that be something we'll confine to the circle? Also, I expect my top priority will be to keep an eye on the locket, to make sure no harm comes to it during the ritual?"

"Ah yes...we picked up something at a gas station on the way here for that purpose."
Darrian said and he pulled a troll doll out of his pocket, the thing had blak hair in the regular troll doll style, no pants and a red tshirt that said Welcome to Boston.
"We will put the entrance in here so we can confine it properly."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"We just needed a small item and the toy was cheap."
The old Flambeau explained.
"Yes Mr Wainwright your job will be to watch over the necklace while the rest of us works."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:26 am

[Ritual Room, 12:30]

'Yes... I had less holes and more limbs.' Nicole replied, in her tone of nonchalant puzzlement which Serge might recognise as her default setting of when she was encountering "mystical stuff" which she couldn't be bothered to even attempt working out.
"Aaand you've failed." Serge said with a slight smirk. "Try not to focus on how your different to your past self. Try to think of things that are the same between past you and current you. That'll make it easier to connect to the past."

He glanced over at them and gave a frown as Serge instructed them to think of things that were the same. He sighed and then nodded to himself.

"Well I do not think there will be actual pain."
George replied.
"I think, but it might feel...odd..."
Odd? That I'm about to like re-grow an arm for like a couple of hours? Lord knows what someone who'd like had a sex-change or something would feel being "reverted back" for a bit.' the Etherite commented, more thoughtful than accusatory.

"It's going to be very unpleasant to not feel my avatar," he said. "It will be strange but there's not a better way," he said with a mixture of resignation and as if he'd committed to the event and was gathering courage up to see it through. Like standing on a diving board, right before a high dive, if one was prone to vertigo.

"It do not matter as much the order of who go first but the two that are being sent back physically and the two that are having their minds sent back should go right after one antoher so we do not have to change the working between each time."
George said.
Adley wrote:

"Please pick one of us, and let us start."

[Ritual Room, later]

George smiled to say you had done nothing wrong.
"Warding the tree might help actually, yes let us do that and then see if we can find Amadeus, your aid is appriciated Sodalis."
The old Guernicus said.
"The ward first then and then resuming scrying using you as a ling to my Cabalmate, if you would join us then Mr Roth Hicks, what what link to the Verbena World Tree is it that you have?"

He walked further into the room, so that he could show them the dagger. He held it carefully, in a non threatening way, seeming as if he didn't wish to part with it or see it go out of sight. "We need to be careful with this, please," he said, in a protective tone.

// lol whomever could that be. Also, LOL at the troll doll tourist gift. that's hilarious

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:44 am

"It's going to be very unpleasant to not feel my avatar," he said. "It will be strange but there's not a better way," he said with a mixture of resignation and as if he'd committed to the event and was gathering courage up to see it through. Like standing on a diving board, right before a high dive, if one was prone to vertigo.

"It will be uplessant to not feel your Avatar it could lead to a feeling of...hollowness, but you have to keep in mind that it will only be for a short amount of time, your Avatar will not be gone from you, any depression you might feel from it are just temporary."
George said softly.

Please pick one of us, and let us start."

"Miss Bouchard then since the volenteered to be first."
George said with a nod.

[Ritual Room, later]

He walked further into the room, so that he could show them the dagger. He held it carefully, in a non threatening way, seeming as if he didn't wish to part with it or see it go out of sight. "We need to be careful with this, please," he said, in a protective tone.

Crexia raised an eyebrow when she saw the dagger.
"Is that from your Cabalmate? The handle is it made of her Coven's World Tree?"
The Tytalus asked. George nodded.
"We will be most careful with it Sodalis, would you like to join our ritual to ward the tree that way you do nto need to let the dagger out of your sight."
The old Guernicus asked.
"We could use the extra help, we need to make sure the Tree remain protected."

(OOC: Soon it will be an evil troll doll. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:12 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"To sell those horrid little machines on Horizon? I would nto sully Steelhaven's good name!"
Jeffry exlaimed.
"And besides do you not need some sort of central ehm...ehm...tower to make them work?"
He asked clearly thinking of a brick and mortar tower here.
"I mean that is the least offensive part of the whole thing. i am quite fond of towers actually."
Colin chuckled, "Other way around, Sir - importing Horizon merchandise for Earthlings, such as the aforementioned magic crystals for communicating with others..."
He pondered for a moment, "And for the modern phones, I suppose you don't need literal towers, just something like a good vantage point - could be high on a wall, or on a rooftop, or just a pole set on a hill... you could liken it to having a series of imps sitting around, positioned so they can see everything in an area, and they shout messages back and forth to one another. It's a practical solution, I suppose, since none of the imps would have to leave their position to deliver the messages - but the security of the communications is a little wanting."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes...we picked up something at a gas station on the way here for that purpose."
Darrian said and he pulled a troll doll out of his pocket, the thing had blak hair in the regular troll doll style, no pants and a red tshirt that said Welcome to Boston.
"We will put the entrance in here so we can confine it properly."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"We just needed a small item and the toy was cheap."
The old Flambeau explained.
"Yes Mr Wainwright your job will be to watch over the necklace while the rest of us works."
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, it is indeed a replacement container... I'll get him, then."
He smiled wryly at the little troll, then headed downstairs again, speaking softly, "Tremain? We're ready... The three gathered Masters will extricate the Labyrinth from your locket and force it into a small toy, and I will be keeping an eye on the locket's physical well-being."

((OOC: "Will your Chantry please stop trolling our Labyrinth?" "What'd we do now?" "You literally put it in a troll!" "Would you prefer a furnace?" "Troll doll's fine, come to think of it." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am

[Villa]

Colin chuckled, "Other way around, Sir - importing Horizon merchandise for Earthlings, such as the aforementioned magic crystals for communicating with others..."
He pondered for a moment, "And for the modern phones, I suppose you don't need literal towers, just something like a good vantage point - could be high on a wall, or on a rooftop, or just a pole set on a hill... you could liken it to having a series of imps sitting around, positioned so they can see everything in an area, and they shout messages back and forth to one another. It's a practical solution, I suppose, since none of the imps would have to leave their position to deliver the messages - but the security of the communications is a little wanting."

"The problem is that bringing such magickal artifacts to earth would be quite vulgar, otherwise it would be a great idea."
Jeffry said, he looked a little disapointed when you said that cell phones did not involve actual towers but he sigh and nodded seaming to get the comparison to imps.
"Well an imp communication network would be a interesting one Mr Wainwright."
The old War Mage commented wryly.

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, it is indeed a replacement container... I'll get him, then."
He smiled wryly at the little troll, then headed downstairs again, speaking softly, "Tremain? We're ready... The three gathered Masters will extricate the Labyrinth from your locket and force it into a small toy, and I will be keeping an eye on the locket's physical well-being."

"It was the cheapest trinket at the gas station."
Chris spoke up.
"And we just needed some sort of vessel so troll doll it is, I am not sure if the Nephandi will like it when they find out though."
The Virtual Adept continued.
"Well I do not much care what the Nephandi will like or not my good man."
Jeffry commented which made Darrian chuckle.

You got down to the basement and as you spoke Tremain reappeared as the tall, pale, man with red hair and dark amber eyes you had seen before, just a creation of the Exemplar's mind to have a form to communicate with you in off course, but perhaps this is how he had once looked.
"Very well, I am ready, just please make sure my apprentice's locket remain safe."
The powerful spirit said as he put his hand over his silver locket gently.
"Lead the way please Traditionalist."

(OOC: The Nephandi do not feel they are being offered proper respect here. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:31 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"The problem is that bringing such magickal artifacts to earth would be quite vulgar, otherwise it would be a great idea."
Jeffry said, he looked a little disapointed when you said that cell phones did not involve actual towers but he sigh and nodded seaming to get the comparison to imps.
"Well an imp communication network would be a interesting one Mr Wainwright."
The old War Mage commented wryly.
Colin smiled, "Imp communications like that would be interesting, but not very secure..."

Anja wrote:"It was the cheapest trinket at the gas station."
Chris spoke up.
"And we just needed some sort of vessel so troll doll it is, I am not sure if the Nephandi will like it when they find out though."
The Virtual Adept continued.
"Well I do not much care what the Nephandi will like or not my good man."
Jeffry commented which made Darrian chuckle.
He chuckled, "Fair. Though in case such a situation arises once more, perhaps we should invest in a portable toilet?"

Anja wrote:You got down to the basement and as you spoke Tremain reappeared as the tall, pale, man with red hair and dark amber eyes you had seen before, just a creation of the Exemplar's mind to have a form to communicate with you in off course, but perhaps this is how he had once looked.
"Very well, I am ready, just please make sure my apprentice's locket remain safe."
The powerful spirit said as he put his hand over his silver locket gently.
"Lead the way please Traditionalist."
He nodded, "To the best of my ability."
Leading Tremain into the room, he addressed the three Masters, "Master Tremain Gileppe, once Solificato, not Exemplar of Forces, allow me to introduce Master Jeffry Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau, Master Darrian Haagen Hermes bani Solificati, and Master Chris Dovenfield bani Virtual Adepts."

((OOC: You're right, we should get a port-a-potty.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:21 pm

"Miss Bouchard then since the volenteered to be first."
George said with a nod.

"Yes, sir."

[Ritual Room, later]

Crexia raised an eyebrow when she saw the dagger.
"Is that from your Cabalmate? The handle is it made of her Coven's World Tree?"
The Tytalus asked. George nodded.
"We will be most careful with it Sodalis, would you like to join our ritual to ward the tree that way you do nto need to let the dagger out of your sight."
The old Guernicus asked.
"We could use the extra help, we need to make sure the Tree remain protected."

"Of course I will help if I can," he agreed. "Please let me know what I need to do to assist you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next