Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:33 pm

[Villa]

Colin smiled, "Imp communications like that would be interesting, but not very secure..."

"That is true."
Jeffry agreed with a bit of a smile.

He chuckled, "Fair. Though in case such a situation arises once more, perhaps we should invest in a portable toilet?"

"That would be one way to flush out a Labryinth."
Jeffry agreed with a smirk.

He nodded, "To the best of my ability."

"I will hold you to that Traditionalist."
Tremain said with a frown that said he did nto like the situation.

Leading Tremain into the room, he addressed the three Masters, "Master Tremain Gileppe, once Solificato, not Exemplar of Forces, allow me to introduce Master Jeffry Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau, Master Darrian Haagen Hermes bani Solificati, and Master Chris Dovenfield bani Virtual Adepts."

"Gentlemen."
The Exemplar said with a polite nod of his head as Chris got of the floor and bowned, awe on his face, the two Hermetics looked rather impressed as well and they both gave deep bows.
"It is an honor to me you Master Gileppe."
Jeffry said and Darrian gave a smile.
"It is nice to meet a fellow traveler on the path."
The alchemist said to which Tremain gave a small smile.

[Ritual Room, later]

"Of course I will help if I can," he agreed. "Please let me know what I need to do to assist you.

"We will work with Mars, a modern calling and ask for protection of the tree. I will lead the ritual, if you will let me hold the dagger for a moment for the connection it gives and we can work on the ward."
Crexia said as George motioned for you to enter the circle.
"Remember we work with a non Hermetic, she is skilled in ritual practice though but remember that the young lady is still not a member of our Tradition."
George said to tell you to be mindful of Hermetic secrets as Vanja gave you a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Adley Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:52 pm

[Ritual Room, later]

"We will work with Mars, a modern calling and ask for protection of the tree. I will lead the ritual, if you will let me hold the dagger for a moment for the connection it gives and we can work on the ward."
Crexia said as George motioned for you to enter the circle.

"Yes, ma'am. This I can do." He entered the circle at their prompting and felt reassured, less hesitant. He was going to work magick. His avatar was there, his voice was like it should be, well, almost, he was even glad to see the bit of paradox for what it meant. And they would be working with Mars, which he was quite familiar with as far as energies went. Still, he felt like an apprentice again, an odd mixture of excitement and wanting to do well and fix the problem, keep everyone safe, and dutifulness. He nodded to Vanja, "No offense, miss." He went over mentally anything he ought to be mindful of in front of her, and then nodded to the others when he was ready and offered the dagger out to Crexia, by the hilt.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:53 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Nicole wrote:'Our mutual enemy, the asshole who decided shoes should stop at a 12?' Nicole replied, giving him the clear "I'm winding you up" look.

"Honestly that works quite well. Hate's a powerful emotion."

Anja wrote:Crexia nodded and signaled for you to begin your working.
Anja wrote:"Miss Bouchard then since the volunteered to be first."
George said with a nod.

"I was thinking of doing the two of you together. But one at a time works too." Serge said, indicating that he had thought of guiding both of his cabalmates minds at the same time.

"Alright Nicky B. Come into the circle and stare at the picture I gave you." he said, gesturing for the Etherite to come into the circle.

[After the Time Problems 12: 45]

Anja wrote:"That is good."
Thomas said and he laid back thown flat wincing, he had drawn hard on his bounds to try to get up to help Bianca.
"Hopefully she will be fine then. I was worried for her when she just collapsed."
The young Void Engineer said. At this time there was a soft knock on the door and then Richard entered the room with his bag, the Akashic looked rather worn and tired but he hurried into the bedroom and he looked down at Bianca and sat down beside her.
"Have there been any changes since the last message you sent me?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Oh and hi, both of you, this day is robbing me of basic manners it seams."
He said as he begun gently examining Bianca.

"Sup. Nothings changed." Serge said with a sigh of relief as the doctor finally arrived.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:02 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"That would be one way to flush out a Labryinth."
Jeffry agreed with a smirk.
Colin grinned, "While it would probably count as pretty nasty pollution, what would happen if we dumped it in the harbour?"

Anja wrote:"I will hold you to that Traditionalist."
Tremain said with a frown that said he did nto like the situation.
He nodded, "As will I... Will it be acceptable that I temporarily alter the silver's properties to be more resilient? A fairly simple transmutation, but not one I would attempt without permission."

Anja wrote:"Gentlemen."
The Exemplar said with a polite nod of his head as Chris got of the floor and bowned, awe on his face, the two Hermetics looked rather impressed as well and they both gave deep bows.
"It is an honor to me you Master Gileppe."
Jeffry said and Darrian gave a smile.
"It is nice to meet a fellow traveler on the path."
The alchemist said to which Tremain gave a small smile.
He smiled thinly, "Before coming to see you, I asked Master Haagen for some instruction into the fundamentals of Alchemy. Good thing I did, too, i think..."

He looked at the circle, producing his notebook and pen, "Now, the troll is in place, so by your leave, Master Gileppe, we'll place the locket where the gathered Masters can move the Labyrinth from it to the toy, and I'll work a modest ward on the locket's material properties to protect it from accidental harm... Where should we be standing?"

((OOC: Never has it been more important for Colin's well-being to Not Botch This Spell, I think...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:35 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

"I was thinking of doing the two of you together. But one at a time works too." Serge said, indicating that he had thought of guiding both of his cabalmates minds at the same time.

"Alright Nicky B. Come into the circle and stare at the picture I gave you." he said, gesturing for the Etherite to come into the circle.

"Since their past selves are not in the same location and the two of them are not close it is easier to work on them one at the time."
Goerge said.
"And it is the Triangle of the Art...please stand in the triangle Miss Bouchard."
The old Guernicus directed ready to start the ritual once she had done so.
"You however stand in the circle with the rest of us Mr Yager."
The Hermetic intructed.

[Ritual Room, later]

"Yes, ma'am. This I can do." He entered the circle at their prompting and felt reassured, less hesitant. He was going to work magick. His avatar was there, his voice was like it should be, well, almost, he was even glad to see the bit of paradox for what it meant. And they would be working with Mars, which he was quite familiar with as far as energies went. Still, he felt like an apprentice again, an odd mixture of excitement and wanting to do well and fix the problem, keep everyone safe, and dutifulness. He nodded to Vanja, "No offense, miss." He went over mentally anything he ought to be mindful of in front of her, and then nodded to the others when he was ready and offered the dagger out to Crexia, by the hilt.

You felt your Avatar there, a warm, reassuring pressence, flames that did not burn you than was a light in your soul. Vanda gave you a nod.
"Non taken."
The Cutlist assured you. Crexia accepted the dagger and ran one, thin, blueish finger over the wood of the handle then she waited for everyone to get into position before she begun the ritual, taking one, measure step forward the tiny woman lifted Bee's dagger in her hand and begun an invocation to Mars in Latin.
"Mars o fili ignis, et ex agris. Dominus protector belli et in terra, tua dona nobis auxilium!"
The lich then held the dagger even higher as she called on the help of other guardian spirits and lesser Gods, power starting to fill the room, some of the chants was was known to you and the toher ritualists joined into these refrains, for the ritual was very much like a song in many ways. Crexia wiould invoke a power, then the rest would speak a refrain, a prayer of protection for the tree the dagger connected to, only it was not a prayer spoken by a supplicant to a higher being but rather the call of aid asking the favor of a respected equal, a magus did nto beg, a magus stood tall, respectful yes, but strong and proud.

"Sup. Nothings changed." Serge said with a sigh of relief as the doctor finally arrived.

"Well we have a whole lot of wounded in the attic, I have had to place them on the floor there are not enough beds. Bee are upset and now Miss Rozzo needs aid."
Richard said in a tired tone of voice as he examined the unconcious hedge wizard then he glanced over at Thomas and asked Serge.
"Is our guest all right?"

[Villa]

Colin grinned, "While it would probably count as pretty nasty pollution, what would happen if we dumped it in the harbour?"

"Well there would be an item containing a pocket realm with a Labyrinth in the harbor which would nto be ideal Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "As will I... Will it be acceptable that I temporarily alter the silver's properties to be more resilient? A fairly simple transmutation, but not one I would attempt without permission."

Tremain considered this then he nodded.
"Very well as long as the effect is temporary and it do not alter the locket beyond durability."
He said with a concerned frown.

He smiled thinly, "Before coming to see you, I asked Master Haagen for some instruction into the fundamentals of Alchemy. Good thing I did, too, i think..."

"Well achelmy is a facinating topic and taking the time to familiarise oneself with the interests of someone one is going to meet and talk to is always a nice thing to do."
The Exemplar replied. Darrian looked like a kid in a candy store, it was clear there was so much he wanted to ask the old alchemist but he was nto sure if he dared to give Tremaint he 20 questions treatment.

He looked at the circle, producing his notebook and pen, "Now, the troll is in place, so by your leave, Master Gileppe, we'll place the locket where the gathered Masters can move the Labyrinth from it to the toy, and I'll work a modest ward on the locket's material properties to protect it from accidental harm... Where should we be standing?"

Jeffry indicated where you would be standing around the drawn circle as Tremain hesitently took the silver locket from around his neck, he gently caressed the old, worn metal before he placed in on the floor next to the unlucky troll doll, he remained beside the locked for a while longer, hesitent to let it out of his posession but then he stepped back to let Jeffry and his team work.
"Work your protection Mr Wainwright and then we will move the Labyrinth."
The Security Chief said and the three Masters took up position around the circle, even the Virtual Adept with his computer, though Chris more looked amused by the circle, you saw he had taken a picture of it and was now working on that picture shown in a drawing program on his laptop, a strange way to align Paradigms but hopefully it would work.

(OOC: No that would be bad.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:15 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Well there would be an item containing a pocket realm with a Labyrinth in the harbor which would nto be ideal Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied and he raised an eyebrow.
Colin grinned, "No, it wouldn't be ideal, but would it be waterproof?"

Anja wrote:Tremain considered this then he nodded.
"Very well as long as the effect is temporary and it do not alter the locket beyond durability."
He said with a concerned frown.
He nodded, "I am an artisan; a quite highly skilled silversmith. I know my silver... besides, I am not yet quite powerful enough to make such changes permanent. But certainly sufficiently long-lasting for the undertaking at hand."

Anja wrote:"Well achelmy is a facinating topic and taking the time to familiarise oneself with the interests of someone one is going to meet and talk to is always a nice thing to do."
The Exemplar replied. Darrian looked like a kid in a candy store, it was clear there was so much he wanted to ask the old alchemist but he was nto sure if he dared to give Tremaint he 20 questions treatment.
He winked to Darrian, "I'm sure you can invite him out to chat over a cup of tea or something later on... I'm sure Cava would love to meet him, too. Though probably not at the Chantry."

Anja wrote:Jeffry indicated where you would be standing around the drawn circle as Tremain hesitently took the silver locket from around his neck, he gently caressed the old, worn metal before he placed in on the floor next to the unlucky troll doll, he remained beside the locked for a while longer, hesitent to let it out of his posession but then he stepped back to let Jeffry and his team work.
"Work your protection Mr Wainwright and then we will move the Labyrinth."
The Security Chief said and the three Masters took up position around the circle, even the Virtual Adept with his computer, though Chris more looked amused by the circle, you saw he had taken a picture of it and was now working on that picture shown in a drawing program on his laptop, a strange way to align Paradigms but hopefully it would work.
Colin put on his glasses and examined the locket, looking deep into its structure to see the finer realities of its material structure - how much silver, how much of which other metals alloyed in - and drew up a circie on the notepad, filling in a few concentric circles with little markings, and a small ball at the center; a very neat Bohr model of the silver atom, with the matching models of the other metals represented alongside it within the main circle. Then he glanced at Chris, and asked, "If you don't mind quickly looking it up, Sir, which titanium alloy has the highest tensile strength and thermal tolerance? Both in combination, not either-or."

((OOC: To examine the locket's quality first, a Matter 1 effect, Arete roll: 2,4,6. Easy-peasy, one-two-threesy. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:35 pm

[Ritual Room, later]

"Mars o fili ignis, et ex agris. Dominus protector belli et in terra, tua dona nobis auxilium!"
The lich then held the dagger even higher as she called on the help of other guardian spirits and lesser Gods, power starting to fill the room, some of the chants was was known to you and the toher ritualists joined into these refrains, for the ritual was very much like a song in many ways. Crexia wiould invoke a power, then the rest would speak a refrain, a prayer of protection for the tree the dagger connected to, only it was not a prayer spoken by a supplicant to a higher being but rather the call of aid asking the favor of a respected equal, a magus did nto beg, a magus stood tall, respectful yes, but strong and proud.

Waves of power started building up around them, and he thought of the tree, and he thought of Beatrice, Bianca and even Master Nassa, and the others that were tied to the tree. Protection, personally for Beatrice, and by extension of care and duty the others. He responded when the refrains came, like at church when the congregation was supposed to give a response to a particular set of prayers.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:43 pm

[Ritual Room, later]

Waves of power started building up around them, and he thought of the tree, and he thought of Beatrice, Bianca and even Master Nassa, and the others that were tied to the tree. Protection, personally for Beatrice, and by extension of care and duty the others. He responded when the refrains came, like at church when the congregation was supposed to give a response to a particular set of prayers.

Power built, the red hot, fiery power of Mars, the warrior, but also the protector. Many forgot that Mars was also a God of argiculture, he was a image of the Divine masculine but in that also came nurturing, and protecting what one held dear, a ward was woven around the Verbena World Tree with gestures, invocations, prayers for aid and symbols, each ritualist knowing what to do and responding when their turn to act came. The ritual was simple but effective. Finally Crexia declared that the group's collective will was done and the ward flew into being, birthed of fire and growing out of the earth to surround the tree and keep those who wanted to harm it or steal it's Quintessence from getting to it. Already as the old lich ended the ritual with the proper words and gestures you felt someone hammering on the new ward, tyring to get to the tree, but for now the ward held, protecting the sacred willow from those who would do her harm.

Once the ritual was completed Crexia handed the small dagger back to Adley handle first.
"Here you go Sodalis, this should probably be returned to it's owner.
The old Tytalus said with a smile.

[Villa]

Colin grinned, "No, it wouldn't be ideal, but would it be waterproof?"

"As a pocket realm sit in a different layer of reality yes it would, unless a portal into it was opened to allow water to flow in."
Jeffry said with the grin.
"Drowning Nephandi now there is a tought."

He nodded, "I am an artisan; a quite highly skilled silversmith. I know my silver... besides, I am not yet quite powerful enough to make such changes permanent. But certainly sufficiently long-lasting for the undertaking at hand."

The Exemplar just nodded at this.
"Very well then that sounds like a good idea to try."
He said though he still sounded worried.

He winked to Darrian, "I'm sure you can invite him out to chat over a cup of tea or something later on... I'm sure Cava would love to meet him, too. Though probably not at the Chantry.

"I would be honored to have a cup of tea with a former Traditionamate."
Tremaine said and Darrian smiled.
"I would love that Sir...and Cava is my young apprentice, I have another one as well Arn I am sure they would love to meet you as well."
"Hum...apprentices...tressure and protect them my good man."
"I do Sir...I do..."
"Well then we will find a time and place."
Tremain said. Jeffry gave you a bit of a look and said sternly.
"No, not at the Chantry."

He winked to Darrian, "I'm sure you can invite him out to chat over a cup of tea or something later on... I'm sure Cava would love to meet him, too. Though probably not at the Chantry."

You got a good feeling for the composition fo the silver in the locket, it did have a rather high copper content. Chris nodded.
"Sure thing."
He said and he typed on his laptop.
"Hum...let me see there seam to be a new alloy made metioned in Nature Materials magazines...here."
The Virtual Adept said and he passed you the laptop with an article open on the screen.

(OOC: Article: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41563-019-0484-3.epdf?author_access_token=ar4Pkd6a8T4lsH3pSArYTdRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0PwXhH_eQZraF3L6w5tied3YAzmsAZyppoHppJyEDxytvxAWUPROmjfyg9p_sS1LnnNqKIUfAGjr081BELIAFp6scEKxqgunKZNM3WYkOb7Tg%3D%3D )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:02 am

[Ritual Room, later]

Once the ritual was completed Crexia handed the small dagger back to Adley handle first.
"Here you go Sodalis, this should probably be returned to it's owner.
The old Tytalus said with a smile.

He nodded, taking the blade back and for the moment securing it on his person. "I can bring it back when we're done here, ma'am. Hopefully that will buy us a little time," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:40 am

[Ritual Room, later]

He nodded, taking the blade back and for the moment securing it on his person. "I can bring it back when we're done here, ma'am. Hopefully that will buy us a little time," he said.

Crexia nodded at that. George stepped forwards.
"I do believe it have bought us some time yes, and now it is time to try to find Amadeus, if you was willing to help out witht hat Sodalis? I know it can be hard for you but there is a connection between you and Master Nassa. That dagger will help as well, an arcane connection to the World Tree will be a powerful connection to the Coven's leader as well."
The old Guernicus said.
"If we have your premission to use these connections to try to find Master Nassa Saodalis?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:11 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"As a pocket realm sit in a different layer of reality yes it would, unless a portal into it was opened to allow water to flow in."
Jeffry said with the grin.
"Drowning Nephandi now there is a tought."
Colin grinned, "Might cause some confusion as to where all that water is draining, but I suppose some sacrifices can't be avoided. I wonder if the Labyrinth creature itself might be susceptible to drowning, though..."

Anja wrote:The Exemplar just nodded at this.
"Very well then that sounds like a good idea to try."
He said though he still sounded worried.
He smiled, "I have faith in my Chantry's Chief of Security, and our Master Alchemist. They know what they are doing."

Anja wrote:"I would be honored to have a cup of tea with a former Traditionamate."
Tremaine said and Darrian smiled.
"I would love that Sir...and Cava is my young apprentice, I have another one as well Arn I am sure they would love to meet you as well."
"Hum...apprentices...tressure and protect them my good man."
"I do Sir...I do..."
"Well then we will find a time and place."
Tremain said. Jeffry gave you a bit of a look and said sternly.
"No, not at the Chantry."
He chuckled, "I can recommend a nice coffee shop, a bit out of the way. Happens to be in a spot where phone signal is unreliable in the first place, so it shouldn't be much of an observable inconvenience..."

Anja wrote:You got a good feeling for the composition fo the silver in the locket, it did have a rather high copper content. Chris nodded.
"Sure thing."
He said and he typed on his laptop.
"Hum...let me see there seam to be a new alloy made metioned in Nature Materials magazines...here."
The Virtual Adept said and he passed you the laptop with an article open on the screen.
He nodded and drew up the same Bohr models for the titanium alloy, smoothly borrowing the stronger alloy's purely physical properties - its nigh-imperviousness to heat and impact - to keep the locket from any deformation while the ritual was ongoing.

((OOC: Pretty sure Chris didn't find that article, since it has a 2019 timestamp. Razz Probably the Wikipedia article, honestly. Wink ))

((OOC2: So, Arete rolls for a Matter 2 working, got the circle as a Focus, got the presence of a Node, is it Coincidental? So... Diff 3, then? Make it a couple of rolls, just in case... Arete rolls: 4,0,0 - 6,8,9... Well, that spell is going to hold long enough, then - that locket's pretty damn solid.))

He carefully tore out the page after the spell took hold, and stepped over to offer the page to Tremain, "Here... this circle holds the locket's temporary material properties locked in place... It will pass in a day's time or so on its own, but you can tear the page with the circle as you depart, and the silver alloy will snap back to its normal properties."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:53 am

[Villa]

Colin grinned, "Might cause some confusion as to where all that water is draining, but I suppose some sacrifices can't be avoided. I wonder if the Labyrinth creature itself might be susceptible to drowning, though..."

"Somehow I doubt it, the Labyrinth creature is so alien I do not think it is likely that it needs to draw breath."
Jeffry replied with a frown.
"But those who live int he Labyrinth might be less likely to survive submersion for long."

He smiled, "I have faith in my Chantry's Chief of Security, and our Master Alchemist. They know what they are doing."

Tremain nodded but he still looked rather doubtful.

He chuckled, "I can recommend a nice coffee shop, a bit out of the way. Happens to be in a spot where phone signal is unreliable in the first place, so it shouldn't be much of an observable inconvenience..."

"Yes that would be most helpful Mr Wainwright."
The Exemplar said and Darrian looked a little confused.
"What do phone signals have to do with things?"
He asked.
"My pressence disturb them at times, it disturb electronics in general."
Tremain replied and Darrian nodded.
"Ah that do make sense Sir, somewhere out of ways is a good idea then."

He nodded and drew up the same Bohr models for the titanium alloy, smoothly borrowing the stronger alloy's purely physical properties - its nigh-imperviousness to heat and impact - to keep the locket from any deformation while the ritual was ongoing.

You felt the power of the Node as you worked your spell, it seamed to take effect as planned and you are now pretty sure that Tremain's locket is pretty solid.

He carefully tore out the page after the spell took hold, and stepped over to offer the page to Tremain, "Here... this circle holds the locket's temporary material properties locked in place... It will pass in a day's time or so on its own, but you can tear the page with the circle as you depart, and the silver alloy will snap back to its normal properties."

You handed the page to the Exemplar and he took it and looked at it before he nodded."
Thank you Traditionalist I will tear the page up after the working is done then."
He said as Jeffry and Darrian started chating and Chris joined in working on the picture of the magic circle on his computer if you had given him his PC back. Tremain setteled down looking at the working taking place, watching over his apprentice's locket carefully.

(OOC: Ooops my bad, then again this is a VA's PC so he might have found an article from 2019 he have Time 2.)

(OOC 2: It is borderline on whatever or not it is coicidental but let us say that it is and the working go off as it should.)

(OOC 3: Vervain try to sabotage my posting. I bought three RPG books yesterday, they came in a box that now stand next to the trash to be taken out to the paper bins, but she have decided she want that box, and she want it now, so she is tearing paper trash all over the place to get to it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Yes that would be most helpful Mr Wainwright."
The Exemplar said and Darrian looked a little confused.
"What do phone signals have to do with things?"
He asked.
"My pressence disturb them at times, it disturb electronics in general."
Tremain replied and Darrian nodded.
"Ah that do make sense Sir, somewhere out of ways is a good idea then."
Colin nodded, "It's just off Baker Street, about a block south of the Brook Farm Historic site. Cozy place, in this odd little pocket of poor reception."
He thought for a moment, "Hum, might be something lingering in that area, come to think of it. Of course, I haven't been there in a couple of years, so things might have changed a little."

Anja wrote:You handed the page to the Exemplar and he took it and looked at it before he nodded."
Thank you Traditionalist I will tear the page up after the working is done then."
He said as Jeffry and Darrian started chating and Chris joined in working on the picture of the magic circle on his computer if you had given him his PC back. Tremain setteled down looking at the working taking place, watching over his apprentice's locket carefully.
He nodded and resumed his place, watching over the locket, ready to act quickly if something threatened it as the Masters worked.

((OOC: Coincidental or Vulgar without Witnesses, the difficulty still ends up at no more than 4 for the working, so it doesn't affect that part of the outcome. Razz ))

((OOC2: And how absolutely dare you keep Vervain from a box she might want in the first place? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:51 pm

[Villa]

Colin nodded, "It's just off Baker Street, about a block south of the Brook Farm Historic site. Cozy place, in this odd little pocket of poor reception."
He thought for a moment, "Hum, might be something lingering in that area, come to think of it. Of course, I haven't been there in a couple of years, so things might have changed a little."

"It sounds like a prfect place for a meeting."
Tremain said.
"And if there is something supernatural lingering in the area, most likely it is not hostile and if it is then I will protect Master Haagen."
The Exemplar said and Darrian smiled a little.
"Thank you Sir. I will try not to inconvenience you though, I am sure we will be fine."

He nodded and resumed his place, watching over the locket, ready to act quickly if something threatened it as the Masters worked.

Darrian and Jeffry begun their working, calling to Godforms and chanting, you felt power building up in the room but otherwise there was not much happening. After a while of this building of power Jeffry nodded at Chris and he finished something on his computer and pressed Enter. The locked just shivered in place for a moment making the Exemplar gasp, then the necklace lay still before the troll doll shivered as well then both items was still, but you felt something, something horrid and powerful had taken up residence in the toy.
"It is done."
The Security Chief declared fiirmly as he picked up the troll doll and looked at it.
"The Labyrinth are moved and is currently located in this doll..."
He placed the toy down on the floor again and begun drawing symbols around it with chalk to contain it. Darrian reverently picket up the silver necklace and carefully handed it back to Tremain who snatched it back quickly.
"It is done Sir, the Labyrinth is moved."
The alchemist was winded, the ritual had looked simple enough but it had taken a bit out of the tree Masters of the Art. Tremain looked at you for a moment then he put the locket back on.

(OOC: Well we can still say it is coincidental so Colin do not get Paradox from the spell.)
(OOC 2: All boxes belong to her thinks Vervain.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:04 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"It sounds like a prfect place for a meeting."
Tremain said.
"And if there is something supernatural lingering in the area, most likely it is not hostile and if it is then I will protect Master Haagen."
The Exemplar said and Darrian smiled a little.
"Thank you Sir. I will try not to inconvenience you though, I am sure we will be fine."
Colin nodded, "If there is something there, it did not feel like a hostile place last I visited..."

Anja wrote:Darrian and Jeffry begun their working, calling to Godforms and chanting, you felt power building up in the room but otherwise there was not much happening. After a while of this building of power Jeffry nodded at Chris and he finished something on his computer and pressed Enter. The locked just shivered in place for a moment making the Exemplar gasp, then the necklace lay still before the troll doll shivered as well then both items was still, but you felt something, something horrid and powerful had taken up residence in the toy.
"It is done."
The Security Chief declared fiirmly as he picked up the troll doll and looked at it.
"The Labyrinth are moved and is currently located in this doll..."
He placed the toy down on the floor again and begun drawing symbols around it with chalk to contain it. Darrian reverently picket up the silver necklace and carefully handed it back to Tremain who snatched it back quickly.
"It is done Sir, the Labyrinth is moved."
The alchemist was winded, the ritual had looked simple enough but it had taken a bit out of the tree Masters of the Art. Tremain looked at you for a moment then he put the locket back on.
He nodded, "I felt the... unnatural impurity moved from the locket. I think it still needs a cleaning, but no longer as urgently."
He smiled thinly, "Angus could have made a fine artisan, if he so chose; he did good work."
He bowed to the Exemplar, "Go in peace, Master Gileppe, and I will see you soon at my shop."
He offered one of his business cards, "While I will take some vacation in Europe shortly, after a visit to Horizon, I should be able to squeeze in the necessary hours in-between the trips. Or possibly tomorrow, before we head out, depending on when Concordia lifts the quarantine."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:39 pm

[Villa]

Colin nodded, "If there is something there, it did not feel like a hostile place last I visited..."

"There are many places with supernatural presences, most of them are benign, just being living out their existences in peace."
Tremain replied.

He nodded, "I felt the... unnatural impurity moved from the locket. I think it still needs a cleaning, but no longer as urgently."
He smiled thinly, "Angus could have made a fine artisan, if he so chose; he did good work."

"He would have, the boy had fine, delicate hands, the hands of an artist, and an eye form form and shape."
The Exemplar said with both fondness and sadness in his voice as his own hands caressed the locked before he fastened the clasp around his neck again.
"He was a good boy, and a good apprentice, I wish I had gotten to see what he would have become as an adult man and a magus."
He whispered.

He bowed to the Exemplar, "Go in peace, Master Gileppe, and I will see you soon at my shop."
He offered one of his business cards, "While I will take some vacation in Europe shortly, after a visit to Horizon, I should be able to squeeze in the necessary hours in-between the trips. Or possibly tomorrow, before we head out, depending on when Concordia lifts the quarantine."

Tremain took the card and read what it said and put it into his pocket, what happened to such items when he was no longer physical was hard to say.
"I will come by your workshop tomorrow then Mr Wainwright and if you are not there I will come back another day."
The Exemplar seamed to struggle a bit with the planning and with time in general.
"Perhaps you can also then be so kind as to help met set up a meeting with Master Haagen and his apprentices?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:50 pm

[Ritual Room, later]

Crexia nodded at that. George stepped forwards.
"I do believe it have bought us some time yes, and now it is time to try to find Amadeus, if you was willing to help out witht hat Sodalis? I know it can be hard for you but there is a connection between you and Master Nassa. That dagger will help as well, an arcane connection to the World Tree will be a powerful connection to the Coven's leader as well."
The old Guernicus said.
"If we have your premission to use these connections to try to find Master Nassa Saodalis?"

"Yes, sir of course. What should I do?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:41 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Anja wrote:"Since their past selves are not in the same location and the two of them are not close it is easier to work on them one at the time."
Goerge said.
"And it is the Triangle of the Art...please stand in the triangle Miss Bouchard."
The old Guernicus directed ready to start the ritual once she had done so.
"You however stand in the circle with the rest of us Mr Yager."
The Hermetic intructed.

Serge got into the position just as the Primus instructed and waited for Nicole to do the same. As he waited he focused on the insights he had gleaned during his long stay in his demesne, piecing together what he had learned of Nicole.

Anja wrote:"Well we have a whole lot of wounded in the attic, I have had to place them on the floor there are not enough beds. Bee are upset and now Miss Rozzo needs aid."
Richard said in a tired tone of voice as he examined the unconcious hedge wizard then he glanced over at Thomas and asked Serge.
"Is our guest all right?"

"He's freaking out a bit. But I think he's calming down now. Though I feel like we should ask him personally." Serge replied, looking at Thomas.

"How're you feeling?" he asked Thomas.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:08 pm

[Ritual Room, later]

"Yes, sir of course. What should I do?"

"If you stand in the center of the circle Sodalis and hold Miss Alexander's dagger and focus on Amadeus and the strong, even if negative feelings between you, that might be enough of a connection to help find the man."
George said and he gestured towards the center of the chalk circle with his thin, old hand.

"He's freaking out a bit. But I think he's calming down now. Though I feel like we should ask him personally." Serge replied, looking at Thomas.

"How're you feeling?" he asked Thomas.

"Yes...yes off course."
Richard said as he finished examining Bianca and lifted her gently into his arms and carried her to Amadeus' sofa where he laid her down and put a blanket over her. Thomas nodded as he looked up at the roof.
"I am fine, I was just worried about Bianca since she just waited like...all of a sudden."
The young Void Engineer replied.
"Don't worry about me I am perfectly fine."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:46 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

Nicole moved as bidden, giving bemused looks as they began their stuff; clearly not getting any of what they were doing. Looking at the picture Serge had drawn with slight amusement; knowing that the sketch represented partly what Serge had imagined her to be like at that age...

[RE: Modern Tech on Horizon. I'll be surprised that Horizon doesn't have *some* form of intranet and cellular phone coverage. After all, the book mentions that by the 1990s Horizon had a phone network. After all, mundie tech *is* the bedrock of technomancy and as Colin and I discussed before, Earth will have 'stuff' Horizon would like. I could easily imagine, for example an enterprising Horizonite opening a cinema (of sorts) in Concordia running DVDs imported from Earth.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:40 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Nicole moved as bidden, giving bemused looks as they began their stuff; clearly not getting any of what they were doing. Looking at the picture Serge had drawn with slight amusement; knowing that the sketch represented partly what Serge had imagined her to be like at that age...

Chanting and complex ritual guesturs begun all around you as the four ritualists started their working, you felt rather dizzy, as if you where high...just floating there...drifting of. George nodded to Serge for him to guide Nicole's mind back as he himself opened the passage though time for the Etherite's mind to find it's way back to the person she had once been.

(OOC: Oh there are definitively cell reception on Horizon but Jeffry are blissfully inaware of that. Starting a cinema on Horizon, I like that idea, it could work, and Concordia have 10 000 inhabitants that is enough to run a movie theatere sucsessfully.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:18 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"He would have, the boy had fine, delicate hands, the hands of an artist, and an eye form form and shape."
The Exemplar said with both fondness and sadness in his voice as his own hands caressed the locked before he fastened the clasp around his neck again.
"He was a good boy, and a good apprentice, I wish I had gotten to see what he would have become as an adult man and a magus."
He whispered.
Colin nodded, then thought for a moment, "Hm, I wonder if I could manage to scry on what-might-have-beens..."
He shook his head, "Well, a passing idea... if I ever manage to make something of it, I will let you know."

Anja wrote:Tremain took the card and read what it said and put it into his pocket, what happened to such items when he was no longer physical was hard to say.
"I will come by your workshop tomorrow then Mr Wainwright and if you are not there I will come back another day."
The Exemplar seamed to struggle a bit with the planning and with time in general.
"Perhaps you can also then be so kind as to help met set up a meeting with Master Haagen and his apprentices?"
He nodded, "Certainly... though the easiest solution for the latter would probably be if Master Haagen comes by to invite you out on the day of preference. You'll still reside at the warehouse for a while?"

((OOC: Most likely, some Virtual Adept has set up a Netflix-type service for the technologically inclined on Horizon already - I mean, Netflix started streaming internationally in, what, 2010? My guess, though, is that there are theaters that provide both movie screenings and stage performances at different times, to try to ease the more traditionally-minded patrons of the arts into embracing modern media. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 am

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

Nicole wrote:Nicole moved as bidden, giving bemused looks as they began their stuff; clearly not getting any of what they were doing. Looking at the picture Serge had drawn with slight amusement; knowing that the sketch represented partly what Serge had imagined her to be like at that age...
Anja wrote:Chanting and complex ritual guesturs begun all around you as the four ritualists started their working, you felt rather dizzy, as if you where high...just floating there...drifting of. George nodded to Serge for him to guide Nicole's mind back as he himself opened the passage though time for the Etherite's mind to find it's way back to the person she had once been.

As Nicole looked at the picture she would notice that the details it possessed were astonishing. Her hairstyle, clothing, posture, demeanor, and many other such characteristics matched very close to what she likely remembered. Whilst it wasn't perfect, the picture possessed details that no mortal person could have known about her from the short time she and Serge knew each other.

Serge took in a deep breath as he let the Hermetic chanting fill his ears and cloud his mind, letting the flow of the spell intermingle with his imagination and pulling him into a altered state of mind that allowed him to see the passage through time opened by the elder mages. Serge wanted to simply stare at that passage, to gaze upon the shattered illusion that had so long clouded his eyes. But his resolve was too great for that. And he continued his working.  

As he opened his mouth to speak, Nicole would notice a more airy tone to the cultist speech. As if only absentmindedly paying attention to the current situation, while focused on something off in the distance.  

"Nicole Nicole Nicole Bouchard. A Heart of Gold Encased in Iron. I wonder about you. I'm curious about you. Who were you? Who are you?" the cultist spoke mysteriously, letting his will and imagination enter Nicole's mind through the drawing she held.

As this occurred the now dizzy Etherite would begin to notice the drawing flicker quickly between the young version of her and the current version of her. It flickered so quickly that the two version seem to merge into one. As Serge's spread his influence over the Etherite's mind she would see memories of her past self combine with memories of her present self. Each performing identical actions. Whether that was watching a sci-fi show, tinkering with some construction, getting into scraps, or arguing with some unknown person.

"So rough. So jagged. So prickly. The perfect bad boy. Were you always like that?" he asked amidst the chanting Hermetic, somehow managing to speak audibly in between the Hermetic chanting. "Odd one out no matter where you go right? Always going against the river. Daughter who acted like a son. Fleeing the system while the rest continued. Even now.....a scientist in a world of fantasy. Not much has changed."

"But I suppose that's up to you to decide. Am I right or am I wrong? Was I close or was I far? What I say matters little. It's what you believe. I can show you more if you want. Just....follow....me....."

As Serge spoke those last words Nicole would see, in her hazy dream-like state, a hand beckoning her towards the large passage in time.

The Cultist would not guide her if Nicole herself was not willing. But if she was, he would pull her through carefully guiding her consciousness into its previous home.

[Ritual Room, later]

Anja wrote:"Yes...yes off course."
Richard said as he finished examining Bianca and lifted her gently into his arms and carried her to Amadeus' sofa where he laid her down and put a blanket over her. Thomas nodded as he looked up at the roof.
"I am fine, I was just worried about Bianca since she just waited like...all of a sudden."
The young Void Engineer replied.
"Don't worry about me I am perfectly fine."

"Honestly people fainting randomly is a pretty common occurrence around us." Serge said with a shrug. "And it's not always bad. I mean...most of the time its bad. But not always. Glad to hear you all right though. Hectic day I know. But I think we're reaching the final stages of it."

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to try and guide Nicole's mind to her past self with the aid of the Hermetic time spell. I believe I get a difficulty reduction due to the nearby Node and the time spent preparing in the demesne.

Roll: 9, 6, 9, 2 - 1, 9, 8, 4 - 4, 2, 6, 9 - 3, 7, 4, 10 - 1, 9, 3, 7 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:43 am

[Villa]

Colin nodded, then thought for a moment, "Hm, I wonder if I could manage to scry on what-might-have-beens..."
He shook his head, "Well, a passing idea... if I ever manage to make something of it, I will let you know."

"It is possible to scry on bygone timelines that could have been but they are usually somewhat uzzy and unclair and ever changing due to free will."
Tremain replied.

He nodded, "Certainly... though the easiest solution for the latter would probably be if Master Haagen comes by to invite you out on the day of preference. You'll still reside at the warehouse for a while?"

"For some definition of residing yes."
The Exemplar replied.
"I can do that if I am given the address to the werehouse."
Darrian said with a smile.

[Ritual Room, 12.30]

As Nicole looked at the picture she would notice that the details it possessed were astonishing. Her hairstyle, clothing, posture, demeanor, and many other such characteristics matched very close to what she likely remembered. Whilst it wasn't perfect, the picture possessed details that no mortal person could have known about her from the short time she and Serge knew each other.

Serge took in a deep breath as he let the Hermetic chanting fill his ears and cloud his mind, letting the flow of the spell intermingle with his imagination and pulling him into a altered state of mind that allowed him to see the passage through time opened by the elder mages. Serge wanted to simply stare at that passage, to gaze upon the shattered illusion that had so long clouded his eyes. But his resolve was too great for that. And he continued his working.

As he opened his mouth to speak, Nicole would notice a more airy tone to the cultist speech. As if only absentmindedly paying attention to the current situation, while focused on something off in the distance.

"Nicole Nicole Nicole Bouchard. A Heart of Gold Encased in Iron. I wonder about you. I'm curious about you. Who were you? Who are you?" the cultist spoke mysteriously, letting his will and imagination enter Nicole's mind through the drawing she held.

As this occurred the now dizzy Etherite would begin to notice the drawing flicker quickly between the young version of her and the current version of her. It flickered so quickly that the two version seem to merge into one. As Serge's spread his influence over the Etherite's mind she would see memories of her past self combine with memories of her present self. Each performing identical actions. Whether that was watching a sci-fi show, tinkering with some construction, getting into scraps, or arguing with some unknown person.

"So rough. So jagged. So prickly. The perfect bad boy. Were you always like that?" he asked amidst the chanting Hermetic, somehow managing to speak audibly in between the Hermetic chanting. "Odd one out no matter where you go right? Always going against the river. Daughter who acted like a son. Fleeing the system while the rest continued. Even now.....a scientist in a world of fantasy. Not much has changed."

"But I suppose that's up to you to decide. Am I right or am I wrong? Was I close or was I far? What I say matters little. It's what you believe. I can show you more if you want. Just....follow....me....."

As Serge spoke those last words Nicole would see, in her hazy dream-like state, a hand beckoning her towards the large passage in time.

The Cultist would not guide her if Nicole herself was not willing. But if she was, he would pull her through carefully guiding her consciousness into its previous home.

You felt the portal opening back to the past, to your imaginative eyes it was a spiral of blue and golden flecks spiralling ever faster as you offered to guide Nicole, or rather her mind through the portal, like a Pycopomp lead a soul, back to the body, the being she had back then, you felt your spell taking effect, your Cabalmate had to take the first steps herself, accept you as a guide but the path was clear, and you could guide her as soon as she let you.

(OOC: Beautifully written Jeremy, have a free sucsess to use at something of your choice later for the well written out spellcasting. I will let Nicole respond before having the working end but yes very well done.)

(OOC 2: Wee the forum is back. I do nto like it when they have maintenance in the moring it changes my morning routine I do nto like my morning routine changed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:54 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"It is possible to scry on bygone timelines that could have been but they are usually somewhat uzzy and unclair and ever changing due to free will."
Tremain replied.
Colin pondered, "Perhaps it's a bit out of my reach... but it might be worth a look, to see what Angus might have looked like as a man grown."

Anja wrote:"For some definition of residing yes."
The Exemplar replied.
"I can do that if I am given the address to the werehouse."
Darrian said with a smile.
He nodded and told Darrian the address, "That would seem to be the most practical solution, all told."
He glanced at Jeffry, "Now, Sir, with the Labyrinth contained in the troll, where will we be bringing it to get in? I can tidy up the living room here and join you after that's done."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next