Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meridia Porter

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Meridia Porter  - Page 4 Empty Re: Meridia Porter

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:19 pm

It all makes sense within context of their own specific games, but once you step into the wider World of Darkness...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Meridia Porter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:42 pm

The main issue with this line is that they never did a 'Mortal' book, and therefore their 'power level' etc was never regularised and thus, is screwy over the various lines. The new Darkness line did solve this issue, at least. I do not think it is an 'intentional error' for V4th because as far as I can tell, few if anyone in the 3rd/4th eras actually worked 'cross-game' which might have helped line up these issues.

Werewolf Gifts are littered everywhere; every splat they did gave a few more, and even the Fera books gave more which does not seem stupid to assume Garou could learn too [and vice-versa]. Which is why Wyrmfoe exists; to try to provide a 'all under one roof' place for Gifts [and even then they don't cover Fera]. I do not remember a Gift which does this, but it's been years since I've played a 'shifter and what's more, never played a PC would would have needed such a Gift [so didn't go looking for it].

Warpmind wrote:Or to put it another way - a Garou, a Kindred, and a Mage are in an elevator. Who wins?

Answer; the Ratkin on the roof, who's just snipped the cables!
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Warpmind and Meridia Porter like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Well to be fair, unlike New World of Darkness, now known as Chronicles of Darkness and the new 5ed, old World of Darkness was never made with crossover in mind, it was made for players to play one of the splats at a time. Therefore crossover is possible but things get a bit complicated at time.

To be honest my biggest problem with a crossover with vampire is that the vampire player will be twiddeling thumbs for a long time while others do something while their character sleep. In the middle of a crisis the other player characters are not likely to just wait until dark to act. Characters with other, eforced sleep patterns than the rest of the group gets complicated.

Another problem is the mood. So you play vampire, you are damned, you fight for survival in a unforgoving society where vampire princes rule a dark gothic underworld...and then you go of to ride a mech with your mage buddy and defend a Chantry on one of the moons of Jupiter.

Yes the power balance can be a issue if there is a game with allot of combat. Mages tend to be allot weaker than the other main splats as starter characters but once they reach Adept or get several Diciple Sphere oh hell they sort of leave the tohers int he dust, but tend to be glass cannons. I see the other two issues as bigger hurdles to crossovers though, I run allot of crossovers but often not with allot of combat, uneven power curve is not a problem but the two issues above is.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 24, 2023 9:30 pm

So you don't need to go through a load of other posts to get to the relevant bit; https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t284p500-daggers-in-the-dark-two-suns-and-new-friends-ic-thread-58#48935

I sometimes use my 'recent posts' page [this is yours; https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/spa/u21 ] to locate my last IC entry and then know where I need to work from. Speaking as a person who's had on occasion needed to read 2/3/4 pages of IC to catch up, I know it can be daunting. However, in this case it's relatively easy for you, for at least you don't need to have to try to reply to everything. What's more, the ST here is fairly cool with players fudging narrative etc a little if one player gets 'out of sync' of the others. If you're a bit worried about your 'workaround solution' or something, you can always post the idea in the 'OOC for IC' thread [ https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t241p175-ooc-for-ic#48948 ]. Also useful if you need a bit of help getting back into the swing of things, find something confusing, have a clearly OOC question about a character and so on.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridia Porter Thu May 25, 2023 9:29 am

Apologies, I've just been caught out a little bit between work, birthdays and funeral planning lately. Not... To make excuses. I will hop back in and hopefully we can close off a few scenes so I can spend less time processing every line of response in the future.
Meridia Porter
Meridia Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 25, 2023 9:40 am

That's perfectly fine [though you don't need my permission or anything]. Plus, I am busy gearing up with getting ready to move also, so it's not like you've left me hanging or something [plus, started another scene]. It's just I by chance had noticed you were on but didn't post, and I was worrying you felt overwhelmed by the amount of 'backlog'. I was once ill for I think nine days or something and had 4 pages to cover. Took me about two hours to craft that reply.

Speaking purely personally, I usually try not to mull over Nick's responses much. After all, most of the time she IC doesn't get hours to craft the perfect retort, does she?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 26, 2023 4:49 pm

Not a problem at all and let me know if you need a summary. For now it have just been chatting during the shopping trip which nothing much more have happened with and everyone talking during lunch at Jeffry's house and since your character is new it makes sense she is a bit quiet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridia Porter Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 pm

Between everything that's happening and most of my posts being lengthy, 5-6+ pronged posts at the minute, I'm kind of struggling to keep up.

At the minute I'm in a daily ritual of wake up, get ready, work endlessly, have all my emotional resources drained by family and their collective grief and then stare at the accumulating pile of posts with a sense of slightly mounting dread and guilt before bed and starting the cycle again. That sounds pretty melodramatic but I don't want to keep you guys back and I'm just down in general at the minute.

Just between recent events and my general vibe I have right now, not really sure what the best course of action is.

I just wanted to be sort of clear that I'm not ghosting anyone here, and I'd be happy to leap back in, but if so, I might have to keep things very curt for a little bit if we want movement.

Sorry everyone!
Meridia Porter
Meridia Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:28 pm

'Salright, there was a bit of a lull between posts at the lunch get-together; I waited for a couple days to see if you or Serge would post.

RL happens and stuff, but I don't think there's a lot you need to catch up on, skipping over Nicole's shopping run that takes place while we're having a snack.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:48 pm

That is perhaps the worst aspect of how this pbp is organised; as everything is in one thread, things can appear to 'run away' quickly even if a lot of the posts are not anything to do with your character [for example, the only Nick post that involves Meridia is the first one which comes after your post, which means all my others can be ignored, as well as the ST's responses to them]. With the other scene... I do not think it has moved 'too far' ahead though I've not had the bandwidth to pay too close attention to that.

The two things I think could help is that a) you don't need to respond to all the scenes at the same post and b) you don't need to reply to everything either. I do my best to lay out an assortment of 'conversational hooks' for RP purposes and quite a lot of them don't get picked up, and I'm sure others have done for Nick which I didn't take up. That's the way RP is, esp in the fluffier social scenes which Meridia is in right now.

The third idea is that Serge and Colin start a new scene, basically allowing those two PCs to start their 'mission' after lunch [like Nick already has], so taking the felt 'pressure to reply' off Meridia for the lunch scene. And the 'shopping scene' is basically an infodump scene for Meridia; allowing her to ask questions about... well, anything really to Nick. I mean, if there's anything you'd like to know OOC I can try to angle Nick's comments towards it, but I obviously need to know that before...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:08 pm

Not much have happened, there are some talking in the kitchen and Nicole is out on errands and then she is going to her convention. You only need to concern yourself with what is marked with Jeffry's House.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4