Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:37 am

[TimeStop Lab, Cafeteria]

Colin wrote:He nodded, "A valid point - can you keep up the... illusory yous from outside?"

"Yeah, I'll try to keep them up as best as I can."

[Horizon Jeffry's Town House]

Anja wrote:...and then you stood in Jeffry's town house. The old hermetic as well as Tragedy, Morrigan and Beatrice looked at you, it seamed you had ended up sitting in a chair in the kitchen.
"Mr Yager."
Jeffry said before sipping his coffee.
"I take it there are news?"
The old Hermetic asked. Beatrice looked more concerned.
"Are you hurt Serge? What about Nicole and Colin are they safe?"

"Huh this is pretty slick actually...." Serge said looking at how the teleportation spell had moved him directly into a sitting position on the chair.

"Wait no, hold on! I have important messages." he said rapidly placing all of the items that were in his arms onto the table and then taking sketchpad and turning too a new page. "Fallen mages are attacking Timestop. There's two of them and their in the walls. Mr. Wainwright, Nicole, and a couple of Security Officer's are fighting them right now. Mr. Wainwright says there not Vampires and has invited you to join if you so desire. I'm going to try and help from here."

Serge then began to draw. Now that he had some time to prepare he was going to ensure that his spells would stick. And the first thing he needed was a properly prepared foci, specially designed for this encounter..

(OOC: Intelligence [3] + Art [4] to draw a basic schematic of the cafeteria + kitchen from memory. This is to lower the difficulty of future Correspondence spells that target the TimeStops cafeteria and kitchen.

Roll: 6, 4, 1, 6, 3, 9, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:23 am

Colin nodded, "Could you let Lady Marianna's handmaidens know that the building has been infiltrated? Perhaps Admiral Hastings or her aide?"

"Only if they are near cooking fires and only if they are not warded and are open to messages."
Shimmer replied.

He frowned, "Your call, I guess... pump in tear gas, perhaps?"

"I could but unless we seal the hole in the wall that would be pretty bad for us as well."
Jonas replied.

He paused, "...The foam is highly fire retardant, is it not? Hmmm, but there might be something there..."

"That is correct the foam is flame retardant, what did you have in mind?"
Jonas asked as the shadows grew and you saw creatures emerge from the shadows, one of the rushed you and tried to bite you, scoring a hit on your arm though not to badly though there was more of the creatures emerging as the chanting continued. There was also the sounds of combat from out in the cafeteria.

"Huh this is pretty slick actually...." Serge said looking at how the teleportation spell had moved him directly into a sitting position on the chair.

"I will assume someone teleported you to safety Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked raising an eyebrow.

"Wait no, hold on! I have important messages." he said rapidly placing all of the items that were in his arms onto the table and then taking sketchpad and turning too a new page. "Fallen mages are attacking Timestop. There's two of them and their in the walls. Mr. Wainwright, Nicole, and a couple of Security Officer's are fighting them right now. Mr. Wainwright says there not Vampires and has invited you to join if you so desire. I'm going to try and help from here."

Jeffry got a dark look in his eyes and nodded.
"Please let Mr Wainwright know I am on my way."
He said as he stood and begun to chant in Greek and move his long, ring decorated fingers in complex patterns. Beatrice nodded and sent a message to Colin.

"Colin Master Morgan is on his way."
The Jeffry just vanished in a shimmer as he stepped into the Umbra.

Serge then began to draw. Now that he had some time to prepare he was going to ensure that his spells would stick. And the first thing he needed was a properly prepared foci, specially designed for this encounter..

You got a detailed map of the cafeteria and kitchen area of Time Stop.

(OOC: One Lethal damage Colin from the bite.)
(OOC 2: Three successes that is blue print quality, you could deliver Serge's drawing to a building from and they could use it to plan upgrades or repairs.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:06 am

Anja wrote:"Only if they are near cooking fires and only if they are not warded and are open to messages."
Shimmer replied.
Colin smiled thinly, "Would you be a dear and check? I'll cook something special for dinner when I get home to Boston."

Anja wrote:"I could but unless we seal the hole in the wall that would be pretty bad for us as well."
Jonas replied.
He nodded, "True, just running through options, thinking out loud..."

Anja wrote:"That is correct the foam is flame retardant, what did you have in mind?"
Jonas asked as the shadows grew and you saw creatures emerge from the shadows, one of the rushed you and tried to bite you, scoring a hit on your arm though not to badly though there was more of the creatures emerging as the chanting continued. There was also the sounds of combat from out in the cafeteria.
He grunted and gave the creature a shove with the staff to get it off his arm, "There are broadly two kinds of insulating foam that I'm aware of - one is good for thermal insulation and soundproofing, but flammable, while the other is less good for thermal insulation, but fire retardant... Of course a kitchen would have the latter type in the walls... the other type would've given us an obvious option. What the hell is this thing?"

Anja wrote:Beatrice nodded and sent a message to Colin.

He quickly checked the phone, then put it back, "Oh, good, backup underway."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:03 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Would you be a dear and check? I'll cook something special for dinner when I get home to Boston."

"The incarnate being you call Admiral Hastings are making coffee, the shimmer of heat is weak but I will try."
Shimmer promised.

He nodded, "True, just running through options, thinking out loud..."

Jonas nodded at that.

He grunted and gave the creature a shove with the staff to get it off his arm, "There are broadly two kinds of insulating foam that I'm aware of - one is good for thermal insulation and soundproofing, but flammable, while the other is less good for thermal insulation, but fire retardant... Of course a kitchen would have the latter type in the walls... the other type would've given us an obvious option. What the hell is this thing?"

"It is the second type, meant to protect against fire."
The security officer replied.
"As for what these things are, I do not know but I suspect they are gifts from our chanting friend in there."
He said as he shot one of the critters, several more was starting to swarm him though and three more floated towards Colin and the other security officer. The one you swatted away vanished but was soon replaced with more of the creatures, several of them tried to bite you and a few got a grip, you where loosing another suit and was now bleeding from several small bites.

He quickly checked the phone, then put it back, "Oh, good, backup underway."

"I hope it is back up that can deal with this bullshit!"
Jonas winced as he tried to get one of the creatures of his hand.

(OOC: One more point of damage as the little shadow creature nibble away. Also that suit is now in tatters. Anotherone bites the dust.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:34 pm

Anja wrote:"The incarnate being you call Admiral Hastings are making coffee, the shimmer of heat is weak but I will try."
Shimmer promised.
Colin smiled, offering up a dram of Quintessence from the ring close to the stove, "Thank you, here, perhaps this will help to deliver the message?"

Anja wrote:"It is the second type, meant to protect against fire."
The security officer replied.
"As for what these things are, I do not know but I suspect they are gifts from our chanting friend in there."
He said as he shot one of the critters, several more was starting to swarm him though and three more floated towards Colin and the other security officer. The one you swatted away vanished but was soon replaced with more of the creatures, several of them tried to bite you and a few got a grip, you where loosing another suit and was now bleeding from several small bites.
He grumbled, "Going to need some self-repairing fabrics, the way this is going... these are fragile, they dissipate with a slap... best not waste ammunition?"
Thinking for a moment, he cast the Scrambler on Jonas and himself, "Pardon, a small ward, this might make us harder targets for these blighters..."

Anja wrote:"I hope it is back up that can deal with this bullshit!"
Jonas winced as he tried to get one of the creatures of his hand.
He grinned, "I heard he did well in the last Flambeau festival. I'm afraid the kitchen will need extensive remodeling, hum..."
Pointing the staff at the wall, he mused, "I can't easily remove the wall, but maybe I can push it out of phase... no... I can thrust it into a future state."

((OOC: E2Ma2T3, Colin starts pushing the offending wall towards a future state, to when the wood and foam are old and falling apart. I do expect that'll require a few successes, though?"))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:28 pm

Colin smiled, offering up a dram of Quintessence from the ring close to the stove, "Thank you, here, perhaps this will help to deliver the message?"

Shimmer took the offered Quintessence and whispered.
"I will do what I can my friend."

He grumbled, "Going to need some self-repairing fabrics, the way this is going... these are fragile, they dissipate with a slap... best not waste ammunition?"
Thinking for a moment, he cast the Scrambler on Jonas and himself, "Pardon, a small ward, this might make us harder targets for these blighters..."

The spirits still targeted you but now it was more by accidents the ones who happened to bump into you tried to bite you and Jonas, the majority of them focused on the other security guard though and she went down screaming under a mass of the black spirit things and Jonas rushed in to aid her.

He grinned, "I heard he did well in the last Flambeau festival. I'm afraid the kitchen will need extensive remodeling, hum..."

"Oh wonderful."
Jonas muttered as he tried to help his underling and get the shadow like spirits of her as more and more of them spawned in the dark corners.

Pointing the staff at the wall, he mused, "I can't easily remove the wall, but maybe I can push it out of phase... no... I can thrust it into a future state."

You started working as the chanting from the walls continued. One of the black spirits things most rudely bit you on the bum making focusing harder but at least it was not a serious bite.

(OOC: Let us say four successes to disintegrate the foam and wood of the walls into dust with age.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:22 pm

Anja wrote:The spirits still targeted you but now it was more by accidents the ones who happened to bump into you tried to bite you and Jonas, the majority of them focused on the other security guard though and she went down screaming under a mass of the black spirit things and Jonas rushed in to aid her.
Colin grimaced and muttered a "Bugger, sorry" to the swarmed guard.

Anja wrote:"Oh wonderful."
Jonas muttered as he tried to help his underling and get the shadow like spirits of her as more and more of them spawned in the dark corners.
He frowned, "Bright light... creatures of shadow, blast them with light!"

Anja wrote:You started working as the chanting from the walls continued. One of the black spirits things most rudely bit you on the bum making focusing harder but at least it was not a serious bite.
He grumbled, "Little bastard..."

Pointing the staff at the wall and drawing a perfect circle in the air, he aimed the spell at the wall, calculating the temporal acceleration to put the wall beyond its predicted lifespan.

((OOC: Arete rolls: 4,6,9 -3,4,8 - 1,7,3 - 3,4,3 - 2,7,0... I think that should do it? Barely enough...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:35 pm

Anja wrote:Jeffry got a dark look in his eyes and nodded.
"Please let Mr Wainwright know I am on my way."
He said as he stood and begun to chant in Greek and move his long, ring decorated fingers in complex patterns. Beatrice nodded and sent a message to Colin.

The Jeffry just vanished in a shimmer as he stepped into the Umbra.

Serge nodded as Master Morgan left. He was grateful that Bea sent the message as he was too preoccupied with his drawing.

Anja wrote:You got a detailed map of the cafeteria and kitchen area of Time Stop.

As the map was finished he took a deep another breath and in and closed his eyes. He clutched tightly at his phone which held the temporary bypass code needed to get past TimeStops wards.

He imagined what the battlefield now looked like. He reached out beyond the illusion of space and connected with the pieces of his mind.

The scattered drawings that he had thrown around the cafeteria, each a piece of his creativity.

The half-drawing that both Colin and Nicole possessed, each yearning to be brought together with the other halves in his possessions.

And of course his cabalmates themselves. Each a part of his story and he a part of theirs. No matter their distance they would always be together.

(OOC: Corr 3 to see the entirety of the battlefield in both the Timestop Cafeteria as well as Kitchen. I believe Correspondence allows Serge to see everything all at once.

Arete Roll: 2, 5, 10, 2 - 6, 3, 6, 4 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:13 am

Colin grimaced and muttered a "Bugger, sorry" to the swarmed guard.

The woman was a bit to busy slapping shadow creatures to get them away from her so she could stay alive to answer.

He frowned, "Bright light... creatures of shadow, blast them with light!"

"Good plan."
Jonas said and he pulled out a device from his pocket, fiddled with it and aimed it at the roof, suddenly the room flashed with bright sunlight, the shadow creatures screamed and some just exploded into dark dust while others retreated into the shadows. The swarmed guard was on the floor though, alive but badly hurt.

He grumbled, "Little bastard..."

Pointing the staff at the wall and drawing a perfect circle in the air, he aimed the spell at the wall, calculating the temporal acceleration to put the wall beyond its predicted lifespan.

You heard snapping and creaking from the wall as the wood and foam part degraded.
"It is time to leave."
You heard a woman say inside the wall.
"The target is gone anyway."

As the map was finished he took a deep another breath and in and closed his eyes. He clutched tightly at his phone which held the temporary bypass code needed to get past TimeStops wards.

He imagined what the battlefield now looked like. He reached out beyond the illusion of space and connected with the pieces of his mind.

The scattered drawings that he had thrown around the cafeteria, each a piece of his creativity.

The half-drawing that both Colin and Nicole possessed, each yearning to be brought together with the other halves in his possessions.

And of course his cabalmates themselves. Each a part of his story and he a part of theirs. No matter their distance they would always be together.

Illusion screens, that only you could see showed up all around you, like in science fiction films and heist films when the hacker character have a screens all around them so they can keep an eye on everything. You saw the kitchen and a cafeteria from different angels and could zoom in as you pleased, all of it displayed on your "screens" making you feel like the eye in the sky character in a heist film.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:50 am

Anja wrote:"Good plan."
Jonas said and he pulled out a device from his pocket, fiddled with it and aimed it at the roof, suddenly the room flashed with bright sunlight, the shadow creatures screamed and some just exploded into dark dust while others retreated into the shadows. The swarmed guard was on the floor though, alive but badly hurt.
Colin nodded with satisfaction and glanced at the maimed guard with some visible concern, "Will she be okay?"

Anja wrote:You heard snapping and creaking from the wall as the wood and foam part degraded.
"It is time to leave."
You heard a woman say inside the wall.
"The target is gone anyway."
He frowned and leveled his gun at where there seemed to be weight in the vent shafts, squeezing off a few shots in a faint hope to at least wing one of the culprits, knowing the odds of a clean hit were slim... but a few drops of blood spatter from each would go far.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:03 pm

Colin nodded with satisfaction and glanced at the maimed guard with some visible concern, "Will she be okay?"

"She need a medic but yes I believe she will be okey."
Jonas said with a frown.
"Yeah I am fine just get them!"
The other guard groaned.

He frowned and leveled his gun at where there seemed to be weight in the vent shafts, squeezing off a few shots in a faint hope to at least wing one of the culprits, knowing the odds of a clean hit were slim... but a few drops of blood spatter from each would go far.

You fired at the wall but it was hard to hit since you did not know exactly where they where. At the same time the chanting grew and the shadow creatures started swarming again. An explosion hit near Jonas and he threw himself over the other guard to protect her from the blast.

(OOC: Can you give me a firearms roll to see how well you hit?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:45 am

Anja wrote:Illusion screens, that only you could see showed up all around you, like in science fiction films and heist films when the hacker character have a screens all around them so they can keep an eye on everything. You saw the kitchen and a cafeteria from different angels and could zoom in as you pleased, all of it displayed on your "screens" making you feel like the eye in the sky character in a heist film.

Serge's eyes widened with excitement as the screens flickered in front of him. "This is so cool!!!" he exclaimed as he looked around with his enhanced vision. This was more than cool. This was perfect. He had a cool 'guy in the chair' set up and the perfect situation to flex his magickal abilities and enforce his will on the world.

He came to a realization. This was a heist mission. But not just any kind. This was the one at the beginning of the movie. The one destined to fail. Either through incompetence, underestimation of the bank's defenses, or just straight up betrayal. To set up conflict for the rest of the movie. The two fallen mages failure was all but ensured.

He focused on that, quickly moving the screens around to see who needed his help. His cabal leader was attacking the mages, but Nicole and the civilians were having trouble with the shadow creatures in the kitchen. And more were swarming in. He decided to try and help everyone, recreating the spell he had tried before but through a new lens.

He went to work, drawing on the TimeStop cafeteria schematic. A picture of Mr. Wainwright hitting the shot, another one of Nicole successfully fending off the shadow creatures, and one of the Security Officers easily avoiding the shadow creatures that plagued them.

(OOC: Corr 2, Entropy 2 to decrease the difficulty of as many people [priority Colin, Nicole, Security Officers, Civilians] difficulty when trying to attack the two fallen mages [or their forces] or avoid attacks from them. This is the same 'good guy' vs 'bad guy' spell done before but now with the justification that the two fallen mages are doomed to fail their 'heist'.

Arete Roll: 6, 5, 2, 9 - 7, 1, 7, 5 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:15 am

Serge's eyes widened with excitement as the screens flickered in front of him. "This is so cool!!!" he exclaimed as he looked around with his enhanced vision. This was more than cool. This was perfect. He had a cool 'guy in the chair' set up and the perfect situation to flex his magickal abilities and enforce his will on the world.

He came to a realization. This was a heist mission. But not just any kind. This was the one at the beginning of the movie. The one destined to fail. Either through incompetence, underestimation of the bank's defenses, or just straight up betrayal. To set up conflict for the rest of the movie. The two fallen mages failure was all but ensured.

He focused on that, quickly moving the screens around to see who needed his help. His cabal leader was attacking the mages, but Nicole and the civilians were having trouble with the shadow creatures in the kitchen. And more were swarming in. He decided to try and help everyone, recreating the spell he had tried before but through a new lens.

He went to work, drawing on the TimeStop cafeteria schematic. A picture of Mr. Wainwright hitting the shot, another one of Nicole successfully fending off the shadow creatures, and one of the Security Officers easily avoiding the shadow creatures that plagued them.

Beatrice looked a bit confused over your outburst as she did not see the screens but she did not comment. You did your working, it was a bit complicated since it had three targets but you somehow managed. It seamed like Jonas did a bit better fending the black shadow creatures of himself and the other security guard.

(Colin you feel something touch your Parma, you are not sure what it is you can let it though if you want to. The spell got through your scrambler with difficulty.

Nicole you get minus one diff on your next two rolls against the shadow creatures.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:17 pm

Anja wrote:"She need a medic but yes I believe she will be okey."
Jonas said with a frown.
"Yeah I am fine just get them!"
The other guard groaned.
Colin nodded and let out a quick breath of relief.

Jeremy wrote:He went to work, drawing on the TimeStop cafeteria schematic. A picture of Mr. Wainwright hitting the shot, another one of Nicole successfully fending off the shadow creatures, and one of the Security Officers easily avoiding the shadow creatures that plagued them.
He squinted briefly and let the spell through, gambling on it being Serge doing his scenario manipulations again, and making a mental note to have a word with the kid about that sort of thing later...

Anja wrote:You fired at the wall but it was hard to hit since you did not know exactly where they where. At the same time the chanting grew and the shadow creatures started swarming again. An explosion hit near Jonas and he threw himself over the other guard to protect her from the blast.
He grimaced at the blast, adding to the holes in the vent shafts.

((OOC: Dex 3 + Firearms 2 - Wound penalty 1: 1,7,8,9 - 3,5,7,0 - 1,4,5,7 - 3,4,9,9. Should be good for squeezing off four shots. Not expecting serious wounds inflicted, obviously...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:32 pm

He grimaced at the blast, adding to the holes in the vent shafts.

You heard a bang as the bullets went through the wall and then a wet thud and screaming from inside the wall and the chanting suddenly stopped, it seams you where extremely lucky. You heard a male voice in the wall.
"Daliah...shit...are you alive? Shit..."
As the chanting stopped the shadow creatures that was already summoned kept attacking but no new ones seamed to spawn.

(OOC: Serge's rote took the diff from 9 to 7 meaning Colin scored some solid hits.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:38 pm

Anja wrote:You heard a bang as the bullets went through the wall and then a wet thud and screaming from inside the wall and the chanting suddenly stopped, it seams you where extremely lucky. You heard a male voice in the wall.
"Daliah...shit...are you alive? Shit..."
As the chanting stopped the shadow creatures that was already summoned kept attacking but no new ones seamed to spawn.
Colin shifted his aim after the man's voice and squeezed off a couple more shots.

((OOC: Rinse and repeat: 2,3,8,8 - 2,3,4,0. Not letting the guy get away with his accomplice unmolested. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Colin shifted his aim after the man's voice and squeezed off a couple more shots.

You fired, there was less supernatural luck this time but even so you heard the man's voice to aim by and as you squeeze of the shots you heard a scream of pain. Flames suddenly started erupting all over the kitchen as the wounded mage got desperate and a inferno was building up but then just stopped and you heard's Jeffry's voice as the older mage slowly stepped out of the Umbra.
"No...I do not think we will have any of that."
You felt a bit hot but the flames had been cut off before any real damage had been done. Jonas looked confused though and aimed his gun at Jeffry.
"Why the fuck are you!"
The security guard demaned.
"Jeffry Amaris Morgan Deacon of Chantry Steelhaven Hall Master of the Art my good man...what is the situation?"
Oh...yeah...ehm sorry...attackers in the walls, both wounded it sound like and one of my pepole are down."
Jonas said as he aimed his gun back as the wall.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:13 pm

Anja's Post:

'Dimensional creatures partly poking through to attack.' Nicole replied loudly, moving to stamp on the creature angrily; didn't they fucking know how expensive dress pants were when you were her size and build? 'Keep at it!' she continued, knowing that unless they got help sharpish or someone knew how to put up a dimensional field or something, they'd be screwed... all the while, trying to search through her training and experience to what the hell they were. With her free hand she reached for her multi-tool; so she could cut off the palm off her artificial hand quick so she could use her electrical jolt facility with the blade.

[Yeah, got completely snowballed at work and posting from a phone blows majorly, so sorry. Great One; feel free to fast-forward this bit so Nick is back in sync with everyone else; she will continue to keep the attackers interested in her (so they don't go for the squishier people), if she works out a way to attack them will tell the group and if anyone suggests a method to do similar will try it if she can.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:14 am

'Dimensional creatures partly poking through to attack.' Nicole replied loudly, moving to stamp on the creature angrily; didn't they fucking know how expensive dress pants were when you were her size and build? 'Keep at it!' she continued, knowing that unless they got help sharpish or someone knew how to put up a dimensional field or something, they'd be screwed... all the while, trying to search through her training and experience to what the hell they were. With her free hand she reached for her multi-tool; so she could cut off the palm off her artificial hand quick so she could use her electrical jolt facility with the blade.

"Doing my best."
The Star Wars fan said as she shot at another creature with her ray gun. Things was pretty touch and go for a while as the creatures kept coming, and while each creature was fairly fragile and easy to stop there was just so many of them. Nicole and the other combatants had to work their asses of to keep the things way from the civilians and everyone was covered with bites and cuts eventually, but then first your attacks just connected more often as if you where extra lucky for a while, that clearned up a while as your charged hand blasted though the creatures. But then you heard shots, and screams from the kitchen and the shadow creatures stopped coming, the oens already in our world stayed and kept attacking but the summoning of new ones slowed toa trickle and then stopped as the summoner appeared to have taken a bullet. You felt heat bloom in the kitchen but then be cut off abruptly.

The other combatants did what they could and all was tired but now that the number of creatures was reduced and no new ones was showing up the task of getting rid of them was allot easier.

(OOC: Not a problem at all. Ok then you should be caught up with the others, there was some back and forth in the kitchen but for Nicole and the others in the caffeteria it have basically been like those computer games when there is wave and wave of enemies and one have to desperatly smack them back to keep them from swarming you. Some of the civillians have taken bites and all of the defenders are hurt but no one have died or seam to be in danger of doing so.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:23 pm

Anja wrote:You fired, there was less supernatural luck this time but even so you heard the man's voice to aim by and as you squeeze of the shots you heard a scream of pain. Flames suddenly started erupting all over the kitchen as the wounded mage got desperate and a inferno was building up but then just stopped and you heard's Jeffry's voice as the older mage slowly stepped out of the Umbra.
"No...I do not think we will have any of that."
You felt a bit hot but the flames had been cut off before any real damage had been done. Jonas looked confused though and aimed his gun at Jeffry.
"Why the fuck are you!"
The security guard demaned.
"Jeffry Amaris Morgan Deacon of Chantry Steelhaven Hall Master of the Art my good man...what is the situation?"
Oh...yeah...ehm sorry...attackers in the walls, both wounded it sound like and one of my pepole are down."
Jonas said as he aimed his gun back as the wall.
Colin grinned, "Welcome to the party, Chief. I might have killed one of the two, the other sounded unhappy about the situation... Think we can take him alive?"

Turning his head to shout out to the adjoining hall, "What's the situation out there, Nick?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:30 pm

Colin grinned, "Welcome to the party, Chief. I might have killed one of the two, the other sounded unhappy about the situation... Think we can take him alive?"

"Not if he is smart but we can certainly try."
Jeffry said and you saw him moving his hands and chanting as he set up the Shield of Mars that Adley so loved and once so armored he bent down to look in through the hole in the wall, you heard a weapon being fired and the Chief did not react allot.
"One woman dead or severely wounded, a man alive and holed up there, I see wards."
He said and he fired of some sort of spell that included the words Creo Ignem before pulling his head back out of the hole.
"He will be hard to get at to take him alive, but if you can get someone to stand ready with a teleport spell I can disable the wards."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:37 pm

Anja wrote:"Not if he is smart but we can certainly try."
Jeffry said and you saw him moving his hands and chanting as he set up the Shield of Mars that Adley so loved and once so armored he bent down to look in through the hole in the wall, you heard a weapon being fired and the Chief did not react allot.
"One woman dead or severely wounded, a man alive and holed up there, I see wards."
He said and he fired of some sort of spell that included the words Creo Ignem before pulling his head back out of the hole.
"He will be hard to get at to take him alive, but if you can get someone to stand ready with a teleport spell I can disable the wards."
Colin nodded and turned to Jonas, "Can you coordinate that, Mr. Corte? Might want to try to get the woman to a medic quickly, as well - she might yet make it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:54 pm

Colin nodded and turned to Jonas, "Can you coordinate that, Mr. Corte? Might want to try to get the woman to a medic quickly, as well - she might yet make it."

"I will see what I can do."
Jonas said he picked up his radio.
"Can you arrange for a teleport of two suspects from here to a holding cell and call for a medic for one of them? Ok standing by"
Jeffry nodded and he started his working. Another explosion came out of the tunnel as the survivor did not feel like going down quietly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:27 pm

Anja wrote:Beatrice looked a bit confused over your outburst as she did not see the screens but she did not comment. You did your working, it was a bit complicated since it had three targets but you somehow managed. It seamed like Jonas did a bit better fending the black shadow creatures of himself and the other security guard.
Anja wrote:"Not if he is smart but we can certainly try."
Anja wrote:"I will see what I can do."
Jonas said he picked up his radio.
"Can you arrange for a teleport of two suspects from here to a holding cell and call for a medic for one of them? Ok standing by"
Jeffry nodded and he started his working. Another explosion came out of the tunnel as the survivor did not feel like going down quietly.

Serge was happy with his spell and the fact that the fighting seemed to have died down and the fallen mages seemed to have been mostly taken out. With the arrival of Master Morgan their victory was all but assured.

Now he was watching the screens intently, constantly switching between monitors to ensure that everyone was all right. Nicole and civilians seemed to be able to fight back against the shadow creatures, though Serge kept an eye out in case they needed his help.

What he wanted to focus on was the two fallen mages who had attacked them. Specifically what they looked like. He searched for a screen that showed what the inside of the ventilation system looked like and the state of the two fallen mage.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:24 pm

Anja's Post:

'Fuck...' she replied to nobody in particular, swiping away another of the beings, using her artificial arm as a bat. In exercise terms, this wasn't that strenuous, but she was acutely aware that not only did she not know how much longer they needed to hold out but her 'load' was increasing as others ran out of energy, ammo or both. When it looked like there was a pause in new enemies to deal with, she very quickly looked around the room to see how everyone else was holding up.

[Erm, can Nick hear Colin from another room via a closed door?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next