Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:57 am

(TimeStop Labs, Cafeteria)

"Argh Again!" Serge said as he was dragged to the floor for the second time. Though he was still grateful as the wall exploded and he was shielded by the flames that came soo after.

"Thanks for the save. Man I had a cool idea to try and trap them in an endless maze. And then they just go ahead break the damn walls." he grumbled as scrunched up the page he was drawing on. "If you want I can teleport away from here so you don't have to focus on protecting me. Maybe even bring some help."

"That depend, if you can fight kid, then help me, if not get everyone back and get help."
The security guard said and she pressed another button and shouted.
"Jonas we need help in here Now."
The she had to focus on her shield as another burst of flame came out of the wall, she drew her gun and fired but the attackers was still in the walls and had good cover.

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

A short silence as she aborbed this. 'It occured to me.' she replied simply. 'Chances of a site-to-site transport?' looking to the security officer; clearly suggesting the teleportation of Serge so a third location, and thus safety.

Jonas nodded.
"Possibly but targeting one person in the cafeteria and kitchen is hard, it is easier for us to get teleported in there."
He said then his radio sounded and a female voice shouted.
"Jonas we need help in here NOW!"

Colin nodded to Nicole, "Good thing you've got great instincts - I was preoccupied with the other vampire who was trying to get to the Seat of Time at the same time as the one coming for Serge... Well, she's safe for now, though it was a close enough call, let's make sure that everyone in here are safe, too."

"I am heading back in, are you and your friend coming along Scientist?"
Jonas asked as he pulled up his radio and said.
"Cecile...I need to be teleported into the cafeteria and send everyone you can there and a medical team as well, just to be sure."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:36 am

[Concordia, Matter Ward]
Anja wrote:"I am heading back in, are you and your friend coming along Scientist?"
Jonas asked as he pulled up his radio and said.
"Cecile...I need to be teleported into the cafeteria and send everyone you can there and a medical team as well, just to be sure."
Colin nodded, "We're coming. Ah, manners... Colin Wainwright, Nick's Cabalmate, very long story."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Colin nodded, "We're coming. Ah, manners... Colin Wainwright, Nick's Cabalmate, very long story."

"Jonas Corte bani Sons of Ether I am in charge of security here at the convention."
The Etherite said and he looked to Nicole to see if she was coming along as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 pm

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Colin's Post:

Anja's Posts:

'Lock on to cell phone signal?' she hazarded, pulling out her phone with her free hand, while nodding to the security officer.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:01 pm

[Concordia, Matter Ward]
Anja wrote:"Jonas Corte bani Sons of Ether I am in charge of security here at the convention."
The Etherite said and he looked to Nicole to see if she was coming along as well.
Nicole wrote:'Lock on to cell phone signal?' she hazarded, pulling out her phone with her free hand, while nodding to the security officer.
Colin nodded, fishing out his own phone and dropping the Scrambler, "Works for me. Ah, the staff is brass, I trust that should not be as... threatened with sideways transmission as copper items?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:37 pm

Anja wrote:"That depend, if you can fight kid, then help me, if not get everyone back and get help."
The security guard said and she pressed another button and shouted.
"Jonas we need help in here Now."
The she had to focus on her shield as another burst of flame came out of the wall, she drew her gun and fired but the attackers was still in the walls and had good cover.

"You know that's a surprisingly complicated questions with no satisfying concrete answer. But leaving you here alone is actually kind of fucked up. So let's see if I can make this easier on ourselves." Serge said as he began flipping through his sketchbook and the pictures it held.

Within the bounds of his sketchbook were hundreds of different version of him. Leading countless different lives. There was one of him as a warrior. One of him riding a large spider. Another of him as a cyberpunk netrunner. And countless more.

As the pages fluttered he focused his mind. Willing the various different version of himself to come to life.

The creatures were sensing them somehow even through the walls. Thus he would confuse their senses with his countless lifetimes. Make it seem like he was everywhere all at once. So the the monsters would be confused on where exactly to strike.

(OOC: Mind 3, Corr 3 effect to cause the monsters to see a mental illusion of multiple Serge's spread out across the room. This is to make it harder for them to accurately shoot fire at us.

Arete Roll: 9, 4, 4, 8 -  5, 9, 8, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:23 am

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

'Lock on to cell phone signal?' she hazarded, pulling out her phone with her free hand, while nodding to the security officer.

"I don't have his number but if you have it I can get the kid teleported out, but I am going in first, there are more than one person in danger in there."
Jonas said firmly.
"Send me his number and I will get him out, I am heading in though so you can come with me or not."

Colin nodded, fishing out his own phone and dropping the Scrambler, "Works for me. Ah, the staff is brass, I trust that should not be as... threatened with sideways transmission as copper items?"

"No it should be fine."
Jonas said and he gave the final ok and you, Jonas and Nicole if she wanted to come along vanished with a whine and pop of rushing air.

"You know that's a surprisingly complicated questions with no satisfying concrete answer. But leaving you here alone is actually kind of fucked up. So let's see if I can make this easier on ourselves." Serge said as he began flipping through his sketchbook and the pictures it held.

Within the bounds of his sketchbook were hundreds of different version of him. Leading countless different lives. There was one of him as a warrior. One of him riding a large spider. Another of him as a cyberpunk netrunner. And countless more.

As the pages fluttered he focused his mind. Willing the various different version of himself to come to life.

The creatures were sensing them somehow even through the walls. Thus he would confuse their senses with his countless lifetimes. Make it seem like he was everywhere all at once. So the the monsters would be confused on where exactly to strike.

You performed your rote, making imaginary versions of yourself appear, the rote seamed to work when a new explosion sounded of right where an illusion was. The security guard fired at the hole in the wall again and you could hear the attackers drawing a bit more into cover and someone in the wall was chanting.

Colin and Jonas and Nicole if she wanted to come along appear in the cafeteria, terrified people where organizing Mages where getting the sleepers to hide behind a hastily constructed table and chair barricade as some of them took up position to defend the sleepers and others rushed towards the kitchen in the back where you heard the sound of combat taking place, there was an explosions and shots fired. Jonas glanced around.
"Keep the civilians here!"
He shouted to one of the Etherites before he rushed towards the kitchen. Somewhere a young child was bawling and several of the visitors was screaming at the shorts and explosions from the kitchen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:32 am

[TimeStop Labs, Cafeteria]
Anja wrote:Colin and Jonas and Nicole if she wanted to come along appear in the cafeteria, terrified people where organizing Mages where getting the sleepers to hide behind a hastily constructed table and chair barricade as some of them took up position to defend the sleepers and others rushed towards the kitchen in the back where you heard the sound of combat taking place, there was an explosions and shots fired. Jonas glanced around.
He shouted to one of the Etherites before he rushed towards the kitchen. Somewhere a young child was bawling and several of the visitors was screaming at the shorts and explosions from the kitchen.
Colin frowned and pulled out his gun, quickly checking the magazine to unload the Primium round, then strode to the kitchen after the Etherites, "What the devil are we dealing with, then? Shimmer, if you've seen what's been happening, could you give me a quick summary?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:56 pm

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Anja's Post:

Nicole quickly found Serge's number and sent it along to the officer.

[TimeStop Lab, Cafeteria]

Anja's Post:

A moment's hesitation before deciding to remain in the cafeteria for now; acutely aware that her little backup pistol had precious little stopping power. Looked around to see if any of the folks in the room were security officers, or failing that someone who looked like they knew what they were doing.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:12 pm

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Nicole quickly found Serge's number and sent it along to the officer.

Jonas just nodded at that and sent a message to his teleporter.

Colin frowned and pulled out his gun, quickly checking the magazine to unload the Primium round, then strode to the kitchen after the Etherites, "What the devil are we dealing with, then? Shimmer, if you've seen what's been happening, could you give me a quick summary?"

There was chaos in the kitchen, several explosions had thrown furniture, pots and pans around. One of the security officers stood with some sort of kinetic shield protecting Serge, another explosion sounded to your left. There was a big hole in the wall.

"Someone was in the wall, they blasted out and created quite a mess, the Artist and the Guard have been fighting them. The attackers are still in the wall."
You heard Shimmer whisper in your ear.

A moment's hesitation before deciding to remain in the cafeteria for now; acutely aware that her little backup pistol had precious little stopping power. Looked around to see if any of the folks in the room were security officers, or failing that someone who looked like they knew what they were doing.

None of them where security officers but a plump woman in a Star Wars tshirt was trying to organize the building of cover, while a tall, dark man was leading the civilians and the protection of the sleepers.

Serge at this point you notice Colin and a man in security officer uniform rush into the kitchen, you also notice someone trying to teleport you.
"Are you Serge? If so the teleport will take you to safety if you will let it."
The security officer shouted as he tried to get a clear grip of the situation.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:33 pm

Anja wrote:You performed your rote, making imaginary versions of yourself appear, the rote seamed to work when a new explosion sounded of right where an illusion was. The security guard fired at the hole in the wall again and you could hear the attackers drawing a bit more into cover and someone in the wall was chanting.
Colin wrote:Colin and Jonas and Nicole if she wanted to come along appear in the cafeteria, terrified people where organizing Mages where getting the sleepers to hide behind a hastily constructed table and chair barricade as some of them took up position to defend the sleepers and others rushed towards the kitchen in the back where you heard the sound of combat taking place, there was an explosions and shots fired. Jonas glanced around.
Colin wrote:Colin frowned and pulled out his gun, quickly checking the magazine to unload the Primium round, then strode to the kitchen after the Etherites, "What the devil are we dealing with, then? Shimmer, if you've seen what's been happening, could you give me a quick summary?"
Anja wrote:Serge at this point you notice Colin and a man in security officer uniform rush into the kitchen, you also notice someone trying to teleport you.
"Are you Serge? If so the teleport will take you to safety if you will let it."
The security officer shouted as he tried to get a clear grip of the situation.

"There's two bad guys in the walls! One of them's casting a spell." Serge shouted to his cabal leader as he saw him rush into the room. "Can you teleport the Civilians out first? They should probably take priority over me!" he said to the Security Officer trying to teleport him.

This likely looked quite odd to the people in the walls, as to them, all of the illusions of Serge spoke simultaneously in order to maintain the mystery of where exactly Serge was.

He pulled out his phone and opened up to a picture of a a battle between a knight and a dragon. A classic image of good vs evil. He focused on that image and willed his imagination through it and into the real world. Strengthening and reinforcing the ancient rule that good should prevail over evil.

(OOC: Entropy 2, Corr 2 to increase the chances of the 'Good Guys' hitting the 'Bad Guys'. This is to make it easier for the Security Guards and anyone around Serge to hit the wall people with attacks.

Arete Roll: 8, 7, 10, 2 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:41 pm

Anja's Post:

An inward sigh, then drew herself up. Nobody was in charge, defences were minimal and with no means of offensive action. 'Anyone know if there's any weapons in this place?' she said loudly to the room in general, hoping that at least one would be part of the lab's staff and would be able to lead to the places' armoury or weapons cabinet. The concept that it might not have any didn't pass her mind...

[Leadership/Persuasion roll? Nick's trying to take charge without having authority. However, it's a crisis and nobody is doing it - people often respond well to a firm voice which suggests that they 'have a plan'...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:01 pm

"There's two bad guys in the walls! One of them's casting a spell." Serge shouted to his cabal leader as he saw him rush into the room. "Can you teleport the Civilians out first? They should probably take priority over me!" he said to the Security Officer trying to teleport him.

"No I can not, this transport was requested by Scientist Bouchard, it will take time to set something up for the others."
The security officer replied.

This likely looked quite odd to the people in the walls, as to them, all of the illusions of Serge spoke simultaneously in order to maintain the mystery of where exactly Serge was.

He pulled out his phone and opened up to a picture of a a battle between a knight and a dragon. A classic image of good vs evil. He focused on that image and willed his imagination through it and into the real world. Strengthening and reinforcing the ancient rule that good should prevail over evil.

"No you don't."
You head from the wall and you felt your effect being resisted by someone while the other person was still changing in there. Appernatly both could use magick and one of them countered your effect fairly smoothly, which was impressive as you felt yourself throwing a fair bit of power behind that rote.

An inward sigh, then drew herself up. Nobody was in charge, defences were minimal and with no means of offensive action. 'Anyone know if there's any weapons in this place?' she said loudly to the room in general, hoping that at least one would be part of the lab's staff and would be able to lead to the places' armoury or weapons cabinet. The concept that it might not have any didn't pass her mind...

"Well some of us are Awakened that makes us weapons."
The plump science fiction fan said.
"I have a taser built into my hands."
A man with clearly artificial hands replied.
"I mean this is the cafeteria so other that hot coffee and cutlery not much, the doors to the rest of the building is still sealed."
The large man who seamed to be a sort of leader for this group replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:59 pm

Anja's Post:

'Fuck.' she spat out; she'd had no idea they were sealed in. No escape, no provision of any more weapons. Ran a quick eye around the ceiling and doors, doing her best to work out the most likely points of being 'invaded'.'If anyone here is capable of defending others, please make yourself known.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:19 pm

Fuck.' she spat out; she'd had no idea they were sealed in. No escape, no provision of any more weapons. Ran a quick eye around the ceiling and doors, doing her best to work out the most likely points of being 'invaded'.'If anyone here is capable of defending others, please make yourself known.'

Seven of the people in the cafeteria, including the three who had spoken up identified themselves as Awakened, four of them was Etherites, in addition a rather big man with dark red hair spoke up and said.
"I am a security guard back home, I did a stint in the military to but I am unarmed."
A small woman spoke up.
"I am Custos at a Akashic Chantry I have been studying Martial Arts all my life."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:47 pm

Anja wrote:There was chaos in the kitchen, several explosions had thrown furniture, pots and pans around. One of the security officers stood with some sort of kinetic shield protecting Serge, another explosion sounded to your left. There was a big hole in the wall.

"Someone was in the wall, they blasted out and created quite a mess, the Artist and the Guard have been fighting them. The attackers are still in the wall."
You heard Shimmer whisper in your ear.
Colin nodded, "Thank you, Shimmer... Stay safe."

Jeremy wrote:"There's two bad guys in the walls! One of them's casting a spell." Serge shouted to his cabal leader as he saw him rush into the room. "Can you teleport the Civilians out first? They should probably take priority over me!" he said to the Security Officer trying to teleport him.
Anja wrote:"No I can not, this transport was requested by Scientist Bouchard, it will take time to set something up for the others."
He frowned, "Don't send him just anywhere, he's a Person of Interest... Can you send him to Jeffry Morgan's house?"
He quickly rattled off the address.

Jeremy wrote:He pulled out his phone and opened up to a picture of a a battle between a knight and a dragon. A classic image of good vs evil. He focused on that image and willed his imagination through it and into the real world. Strengthening and reinforcing the ancient rule that good should prevail over evil.
Anja wrote:"No you don't."
You head from the wall and you felt your effect being resisted by someone while the other person was still changing in there. Appernatly both could use magick and one of them countered your effect fairly smoothly, which was impressive as you felt yourself throwing a fair bit of power behind that rote.
He narrowed his eyes at where the sound came from and holstered his gun again, reaching for one of the large kitchen knives and felt the weight before drawing on the vampiric Tass in his pocket to extend the knife blade into something more like a longsword, the edge almost dripping with the Resonance of vampirism, and tried driving the tip into the wall where the sound originated.

((OOC: So, P3M2 to extend the already-present metal? Throw in a Willpower for success, Arete roll: 6,7,7,8 + WP. Big, nasty stabby thing ready to go into wall, or does that fizzle, too? I'm guessing Dex+Melee for the impalement attempt? Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:30 am

Anja wrote:"No I can not, this transport was requested by Scientist Bouchard, it will take time to set something up for the others."
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Don't send him just anywhere, he's a Person of Interest... Can you send him to Jeffry Morgan's house?"

"What...but...I was...." Serge began to stammer before hearing his Cabal Leader confirm that request. Having one of his cabalmates order his own retreat, especially with Nicole's last strict command stinging at the back of his head, was already enough. Having two of them sealed the deal and Serge looked a little defeated at his own lack of agency.

Anja wrote:"No you don't."
Colin wrote:He narrowed his eyes at where the sound came from and holstered his gun again, reaching for one of the large kitchen knives and felt the weight before drawing on the vampiric Tass in his pocket to extend the knife blade into something more like a longsword, the edge almost dripping with the Resonance of vampirism, and tried driving the tip into the wall where the sound originated.

"That spell probably wasn't going to do anything anyways! You just wasted your time vent gremlin #1." Serge grumbled as he tore multiple random pages from his sketchpad and tossed them around haphazardly within the cafeteria.

He looked over at the teleporting Security Guard and said, "Fine. Due to my unsubstantiated importance, I give you permission to teleport me wherever you deem necessary. Let's see if I can get off one last spell before I leave though."

Seeing his Cabal Leader attack the counterspelling mage, Serge focused on the other one. Knowing their location thanks to his previous scrying and illusion spells. He threw the weight of his imagination at the fluttering pages around him and brought their contents to reality, commanding the menagerie of drawings to attack his enemies.

(OOC: Mind 3, Corr 3 mental attack against the other hostile enemy that Colin isn't attacking. Hoping to deal some damage as well as distract him with the numerous illusions

Arete Roll: 6, 5, 2, 7

Assuming the difficulty is 6 that's two successes which means two bashing damage resisted by Willpower)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:40 am

Anja's Post:

A moment's hesitation, then Nicole gave a nod. 'Ten rounds' she said to the former guard, handing over her pistol. 'Our job is to get between the enemy and everyone else. Others; if you're capable, grab a chair, fire extinguisher, anything. If you see something not right, call it out.' giving a little internal sigh as she flicked out the blades out of her artificial hand, looking around the room, trying to work out how many "points of entry" they were going to need to watch.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:55 am

Colin nodded, "Thank you, Shimmer... Stay safe."

"I an in no danger my friend not in this now."
Shimmer replied.

He frowned, "Don't send him just anywhere, he's a Person of Interest... Can you send him to Jeffry Morgan's house?"

"If he is willing to go, yes I can do that."
Jonas replied.

He narrowed his eyes at where the sound came from and holstered his gun again, reaching for one of the large kitchen knives and felt the weight before drawing on the vampiric Tass in his pocket to extend the knife blade into something more like a longsword, the edge almost dripping with the Resonance of vampirism, and tried driving the tip into the wall where the sound originated.

The enemy's counterspeller was good, really good but they did not manage to completely counter your effect, instead of a sword you got a dagger, you got it into the wall but the walls was thick and you could not reach the one who was chanting. You saw something dark and terrible starting to gather in the corners and a stink of rot was starting to fill the room.

"What...but...I was...." Serge began to stammer before hearing his Cabal Leader confirm that request. Having one of his cabalmates order his own retreat, especially with Nicole's last strict command stinging at the back of his head, was already enough. Having two of them sealed the deal and Serge looked a little defeated at his own lack of agency.

"Listen the kid have done a good job keeping the enemy off balance I could use hum."
The female security guard said as she fired into the hole in the wall but to little effect as the gathering darkness continued to grow in tune with the ominous chanting in there.
"I get he is young but he have fight in him."

"That spell probably wasn't going to do anything anyways! You just wasted your time vent gremlin #1." Serge grumbled as he tore multiple random pages from his sketchpad and tossed them around haphazardly within the cafeteria.

He looked over at the teleporting Security Guard and said, "Fine. Due to my unsubstantiated importance, I give you permission to teleport me wherever you deem necessary. Let's see if I can get off one last spell before I leave though."

Jonas nodded and said over the radio.
"Teleport the target to the address given in a few seconds."

Seeing his Cabal Leader attack the counterspelling mage, Serge focused on the other one. Knowing their location thanks to his previous scrying and illusion spells. He threw the weight of his imagination at the fluttering pages around him and brought their contents to reality, commanding the menagerie of drawings to attack his enemies.

The counterspeller was good, but there was a limit to the amount of magick they where able to get out in a given amount of time and having already blocked Colin's attempt to make a sword there was not much they could do as illusions of monsters attacking affected their mind, you heard some shouts of survive and weaving around in the wall, the chanting faltered for a moment but picked up again, but clearly the two mages was pretty distracted.

"Now kid?"
Jonas asked.

A moment's hesitation, then Nicole gave a nod. 'Ten rounds' she said to the former guard, handing over her pistol. 'Our job is to get between the enemy and everyone else. Others; if you're capable, grab a chair, fire extinguisher, anything. If you see something not right, call it out.' giving a little internal sigh as she flicked out the blades out of her artificial hand, looking around the room, trying to work out how many "points of entry" they were going to need to watch.

The former guard took the gun with a nod, quickly checked it and put himself between the kitchen and the make shift barricade, the Awakened and several of the others did the same with their foci at the ready or make shift weapons. You heard the chaos in the kitchen increase as dark shadows popped up around the cafeteria...something that looked really like a lump of shadows with claws throe itself from the darkness and flew at you, it bit at you but got it's teeth stuck in your clothing. It's touch felt wrong though as if prolonged contract would make you ill. A second spirit manifested and rushed the barricade though the former guard shot it, which dispersed the shadows for now.
"Fuck."
He muttered.
"All I wanted was to have a look at some new tech for a quiet afternoon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:08 am

Anja's Post:

As the... thing came at her, Nicole tried to rake her claw across it, hoping it would do some damage or at very least, keep it's attention away from the more squishy people.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:39 pm

Anja wrote:"I an in no danger my friend not in this now."
Shimmer replied.
Colin smiled, "Consider it an incarnate concern."

Jeremy wrote:"What...but...I was...." Serge began to stammer before hearing his Cabal Leader confirm that request. Having one of his cabalmates order his own retreat, especially with Nicole's last strict command stinging at the back of his head, was already enough. Having two of them sealed the deal and Serge looked a little defeated at his own lack of agency.
Anja wrote:"If he is willing to go, yes I can do that."
Jonas replied.
He nodded, "Your call to stay and fight or get clear, Serge. You'll not be judged for either choice."

Anja wrote:The enemy's counterspeller was good, really good but they did not manage to completely counter your effect, instead of a sword you got a dagger, you got it into the wall but the walls was thick and you could not reach the one who was chanting. You saw something dark and terrible starting to gather in the corners and a stink of rot was starting to fill the room.
He frowned, "That's not right... any way to seal and empty the ventilation shafts?"

Jeremy wrote:He looked over at the teleporting Security Guard and said, "Fine. Due to my unsubstantiated importance, I give you permission to teleport me wherever you deem necessary. Let's see if I can get off one last spell before I leave though."
Anja wrote:Jonas nodded and said over the radio.
Jeremy wrote:Seeing his Cabal Leader attack the counterspelling mage, Serge focused on the other one. Knowing their location thanks to his previous scrying and illusion spells. He threw the weight of his imagination at the fluttering pages around him and brought their contents to reality, commanding the menagerie of drawings to attack his enemies.
Anja wrote:The counterspeller was good, but there was a limit to the amount of magick they where able to get out in a given amount of time and having already blocked Colin's attempt to make a sword there was not much they could do as illusions of monsters attacking affected their mind, you heard some shouts of survive and weaving around in the wall, the chanting faltered for a moment but picked up again, but clearly the two mages was pretty distracted.

"Now kid?"
Jonas asked.
He arched an eyebrow, "Don't sell yourself short, Serge, but if you do pop over, let the Chief know that it seems we have Nephandi in the walls here, not vampires... He's welcome to join the hunt."

Frowning at the wall, and the blade stuck in it, he pondered, "How thick is this wall, and... where do those passages go?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:08 pm

Anja wrote:"Listen the kid have done a good job keeping the enemy off balance I could use hum."
The female security guard said as she fired into the hole in the wall but to little effect as the gathering darkness continued to grow in tune with the ominous chanting in there.
"I get he is young but he have fight in him."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Your call to stay and fight or get clear, Serge. You'll not be judged for either choice."

"Ahhhh, Nick has enough on her plate. I'm not gonna ignore her and piss her off more than she already is." Serge replied. "Besides, I can help from anywhere. Unless there are wards...."

Anja wrote:Jonas nodded and said over the radio.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Don't sell yourself short, Serge, but if you do pop over, let the Chief know that it seems we have Nephandi in the walls here, not vampires... He's welcome to join the hunt."
Anja wrote:The counterspeller was good, but there was a limit to the amount of magick they where able to get out in a given amount of time and having already blocked Colin's attempt to make a sword there was not much they could do as illusions of monsters attacking affected their mind, you heard some shouts of survive and weaving around in the wall, the chanting faltered for a moment but picked up again, but clearly the two mages was pretty distracted.

"Now kid?"
Jonas asked.

"Yup. Hit me. And make it look cool." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:15 pm

As the... thing came at her, Nicole tried to rake her claw across it, hoping it would do some damage or at very least, keep it's attention away from the more squishy people.

You clawed at the Shadow Creature and it blew apart into shadows, however as soon as one was off you another headed towards you trying to bite your left leg, but again you where lucky and it only ripped your clothes. You saw more of the things attacking the others and the Awakened and the two sleeper combatants had their hands full trying to repel them.
"What are these things?"
The girl in the Star Wars shift asked as she aimed what looked like a ray gun at one of the creatures and fired.

Colin smiled, "Consider it an incarnate concern."

"I am many places where there is conflict my friend, it sadden me but all I can do is watch, the conflict can not touch me, there will always be new cook fires."
Shimmer whispered to you.

He frowned, "That's not right... any way to seal and empty the ventilation shafts?"

"Yes unless they have messed with the mechanisms somehow, I can call it in but it will take a bit of time."
Jonas replied.

Frowning at the wall, and the blade stuck in it, he pondered, "How thick is this wall, and... where do those passages go?"

The ventilation shafts are a connected networks that go through the entire building, there are air intake fans in to locations at the front and back of the buildings. The dining area of this building is meant to be a safe room there are 15 cm thick walls, foam and wood, on this side and another ten of magickally reinforced steel on the other side of the shaft."
Jonas explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:21 pm

"Ahhhh, Nick has enough on her plate. I'm not gonna ignore her and piss her off more than she already is." Serge replied. "Besides, I can help from anywhere. Unless there are wards...."

"There are but I will send you temporary override codes to the wards kid."
Jonas said and he fired his gun into the hole in the wall before doing something on his phone and your phone dinged.

"Yup. Hit me. And make it look cool." Serge said with a nod.

Jonas chuckle and the world around you vanished in a flash of green light that looked a bit like old fashioned scanner...

[Horizon Jeffry's Town House]

...and then you stood in Jeffry's town house. The old hermetic as well as Tragedy, Morrigan and Beatrice looked at you, it seamed you had ended up sitting in a chair in the kitchen.
"Mr Yager."
Jeffry said before sipping his coffee.
"I take it there are news?"
The old Hermetic asked. Beatrice looked more concerned.
"Are you hurt Serge? What about Nicole and Colin are they safe?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:30 pm

Anja wrote:"I am many places where there is conflict my friend, it sadden me but all I can do is watch, the conflict can not touch me, there will always be new cook fires."
Shimmer whispered to you.
Colin nodded, "Could you let Lady Marianna's handmaidens know that the building has been infiltrated? Perhaps Admiral Hastings or her aide?"

Jeremy wrote:"Ahhhh, Nick has enough on her plate. I'm not gonna ignore her and piss her off more than she already is." Serge replied. "Besides, I can help from anywhere. Unless there are wards...."
He nodded, "A valid point - can you keep up the... illusory yous from outside?"

Anja wrote:"Yes unless they have messed with the mechanisms somehow, I can call it in but it will take a bit of time."
Jonas replied.
He frowned, "Your call, I guess... pump in tear gas, perhaps?"

Anja wrote:The ventilation shafts are a connected networks that go through the entire building, there are air intake fans in to locations at the front and back of the buildings. The dining area of this building is meant to be a safe room there are 15 cm thick walls, foam and wood, on this side and another ten of magickally reinforced steel on the other side of the shaft."
Jonas explained.
He paused, "...The foam is highly fire retardant, is it not? Hmmm, but there might be something there..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next