Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Blake, Green Scales and Hidden Plots IC Thread 61

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jodi Blake, Green Scales and Hidden Plots IC Thread 61 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jodi Blake, Green Scales and Hidden Plots IC Thread 61

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:26 pm

[Horizon Jeffry's Town House]

Anja wrote:"I am not going to try to stop you Serge but be careful. Remember words can sometimes do real damage even if someone is prevented from using magick."
The young blood witch said.
"Before you teleport away though here bring this to Nick, due to how her arm works, the way I have been explained it she need to eat more often than we do, and with this much activity I suspect she is hungry."
Beatrice rose and found a neatly wrapped bundle, it was wrapped up in a kitchen towel but it looked like sandwiches.
"Until I fully recover I might not be much help, but at least I can make sure everyone is fed."

"I will, don't worry. It's not the first time I've talked with a group of highly dangerous individuals." Serge said standing up and taking the neatly wrapped lunch bundle. "Thanks. I'm sure Nick will love this. She's been through the wringer lately."

Colin wrote:He looked around and shrugged, replying, 'Things look clear, and you can probably help calm things down, bring people some reassurances. Also, there's a reveal scheduled I think you might wish to see, and you and I need to discuss a thing or two.'

"All right, ominously written but confirmation nonetheless." Serge said looking at the text from his Cabal Leader. Serge then climbed up onto the table and stood on his schematic drawing oft he TimeStop cafeteria.

"Looks like it's time for me go. Take care Bea. I'm sure we'll be back soon." he said, pausing to see if Beatrice had anything else to say to him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Jodi Blake, Green Scales and Hidden Plots IC Thread 61 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jodi Blake, Green Scales and Hidden Plots IC Thread 61

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 pm

[TimeStop Lab, Cafeteria]

Anja's Post:

Breathing a little heavily, Nicole looked around the room suspiciously, looking for more threats while acutely aware the adrenaline was starting to wear off. On seeing Colin, gave a confused little frown.

[I don't mind doing 'standing orders' in this kind of situation because even in possession of a map wouldn't give enough info in a PbP game for an accurate response in a mass brawl. In situations like this, I would argue that Brawl/Melee ratings would also represent the PC's knowledge-base on what moves would be best applied in the situation. Speaking of which, was Nicole able to ID the creatures attacking them; I asked earlier, but you didn't reply...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:48 am

Anja wrote:"Do you really think Master Morgan will know what any of those references mean Mr Wainwright?"
Jonas asked raising an eyebrow.
Colin grinned impishly, "No, not a chance - but I am fairly certain he heard me just now. Frankly, I should think a member of House Flambeau should be at least somewhat familiar with Die Hard; it seems rather pertinent to their philosophies."

Anja wrote:Jonas spoke into his radio again asking for the cafeteria to be unsealed and for medics to get to the wounded.
Nicole wrote:Breathing a little heavily, Nicole looked around the room suspiciously, looking for more threats while acutely aware the adrenaline was starting to wear off. On seeing Colin, gave a confused little frown.
He stepped back into the cafeteria proper and handed the ray gun back before collecting his staff, keys and all, "Stellar work, Nick. The would-be assassins from the present are in custody, and medics are en route. Are you hurt?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:59 am

"I will, don't worry. It's not the first time I've talked with a group of highly dangerous individuals." Serge said standing up and taking the neatly wrapped lunch bundle. "Thanks. I'm sure Nick will love this. She's been through the wringer lately."

"No I just worry Serge and remember there is a good chance you will not be alloved to directly read a prisoner's mind without them being sentenced first. Just be careful."
She said then she nodded.
"Yeah we all have just take care...oh and tell Colin word have spread he work with silver, already custom requests have come in."
Beatrice said waving a few paper she had made notes on.

All right, ominously written but confirmation nonetheless." Serge said looking at the text from his Cabal Leader. Serge then climbed up onto the table and stood on his schematic drawing oft he TimeStop cafeteria.

"Looks like it's time for me go. Take care Bea. I'm sure we'll be back soon." he said, pausing to see if Beatrice had anything else to say to him.

"Take care, tell the others hello for me."
Beatrice said waving to Serge.
"Safe teleporting."

Breathing a little heavily, Nicole looked around the room suspiciously, looking for more threats while acutely aware the adrenaline was starting to wear off. On seeing Colin, gave a confused little frown.

There did not seam to be any other enemies around and the situation seamed to be calming down.

He stepped back into the cafeteria proper and handed the ray gun back before collecting his staff, keys and all, "Stellar work, Nick. The would-be assassins from the present are in custody, and medics are en route. Are you hurt?"

The girl in the Star Wars shirt took a gun, checked in, clearly disarmed it and put it back in her belt.

(OOC: I thought I did answer that that they where some sort of spirit entity she do not know more than that about then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:15 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A moment as she assured herself that the place was devoid of enemies, then looked back at Colin, a face which made it clear it was trying to process a half-dozen topics at once. Then a scowl as Colin handed over the weapon. 'Where the fuck did that come from?!' tone half-accusitory.

(Well Nick is on Lethal 2, which if I remember right would represent in this case a fair amount of rather deep, though not major lacerations/bites. So I imagine there's quite a bit of blood going on now...)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm

Anja wrote:The girl in the Star Wars shirt took a gun, checked in, clearly disarmed it and put it back in her belt.
Nicole wrote:A moment as she assured herself that the place was devoid of enemies, then looked back at Colin, a face which made it clear it was trying to process a half-dozen topics at once. Then a scowl as Colin handed over the weapon. 'Where the fuck did that come from?!' tone half-accusitory.
Colin looked momentarily puzzled, "I would assume it came from an engineer somewhere, looks bespoke rather than mass produced..."

((OOC: Same, same, Colin's not going to sit comfortably for a while...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:44 pm

A moment as she assured herself that the place was devoid of enemies, then looked back at Colin, a face which made it clear it was trying to process a half-dozen topics at once. Then a scowl as Colin handed over the weapon. 'Where the fuck did that come from?!' tone half-accusitory.

"It is mine, Mr ehm...eh...Englishman over here asked about a light weapon and I had a spare."
The girl in the Star Wars shirt said.

Colin looked momentarily puzzled, "I would assume it came from an engineer somewhere, looks bespoke rather than mass produced..."

"Yeah I made it myself."
The girl said.
"Oh and my name is Sophie-Ann by the way Sophie-Ann Williams Ryce bani Sons of Ether."
She said then giggled as relief came over her and adrenaline left her body.
"Okey then yeah I should see if I can help the others yeah...*giggle* Sorry...I just...am not used to any of this."

As you stood speaking two teams of medics came rushing into he room, one went for the kitchen where the badly wounded security guard was located and the others spread around the room to offer aid. A handsome and slightly plump man headed over to Nicole.
"You look like you could use some aid Ma'am."
He asked.

A woman with green eyes headed over to Colin with the same question.
"You look hurt...hey I know you...you repaired my grand aunt Alice's candlesticks a few years ago...Mr Wainwright yes. Ah sorry...let me help patch you up."

(OOC: Yeah you would both be bleeding.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:58 pm

Anja wrote:"It is mine, Mr ehm...eh...Englishman over here asked about a light weapon and I had a spare."
Colin nodded, "Wainwright. Colin Wainwright. We determined the shadow creatures were photosensitive in the kitchen."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I made it myself."
The girl said.
"Oh and my name is Sophie-Ann by the way Sophie-Ann Williams Ryce bani Sons of Ether."
She said then giggled as relief came over her and adrenaline left her body.
"Okey then yeah I should see if I can help the others yeah...*giggle* Sorry...I just...am not used to any of this."
He chuckled wryly, "Consider that a long streak of good fortune, miss Ryce."

Anja wrote:A woman with green eyes headed over to Colin with the same question.
"You look hurt...hey I know you...you repaired my grand aunt Alice's candlesticks a few years ago...Mr Wainwright yes. Ah sorry...let me help patch you up."
He smiled, holding out the injured arm, "Ah, I'm afraid I don't recall that specific job, there have been a few dented candlesticks over the years. Hm, is she one of ours, perchance? And please do, though I wish I could show you a better side of myself. One of the little buggers caught me in my... dignity."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:36 pm

Anja wrote:"No I just worry Serge and remember there is a good chance you will not be alloved to directly read a prisoner's mind without them being sentenced first. Just be careful."
She said then she nodded.
"Yeah we all have just take care...oh and tell Colin word have spread he work with silver, already custom requests have come in."
Beatrice said waving a few paper she had made notes on.

"Oh damn really? I'll let him know." Serge said with a nod. "Seems like a lot of people are hearing about us lately."

Anja wrote:"Take care, tell the others hello for me."
Beatrice said waving to Serge.
"Safe teleporting."

Serge waved goodbye to Bea and then began to meditate. Space was an illusion and so technically he was already at TimeStop Cafeteria. He just needed reality to realize it. And what better way was there than through art, often used as gateways to other worlds. However instead of transporting him mentally to other worlds this time he would transport physically. The veil between mental and physical was also an illusion after all.

When he reached the appropriate state he would promptly jump into the schematic drawing and hopefully into TimeStop Cafeteria.

(OOC: Corr 3 to teleport back to TimeStop Cafeteria. Serge will continue rolling until he gets the necessary success or fails.

Arete Roll: 5, 1, 8, 8 - 1, 10, 7, 6 - 7, 1, 4, 6 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:52 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

'And you didn't think of mentioning this earlier, like when I gave up my own backup to someone who was unarmed?' Nicole replied in an icily sarcastic tone, turning to be face-on to the woman, allowing them to notice the she'd taken a bit of a beating due to her lack of a weapon.

Spoiler:

'Are the civilians...' she began, but then lurched sidewards a little as the remaining adrenaline passed out of her system, pointing out that she'd used her body's energy on shocking several of the creatures earlier. 'Think... a little sit might be, like in order. Is the building locked down now?' giving the group in the room the mildly amusing sight of person trying to pick up a chair off the floor with a hand with claw-blades attached but was too fuzzy to work out why it wasn't working.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:23 am

Oh damn really? I'll let him know." Serge said with a nod. "Seems like a lot of people are hearing about us lately."

"Yeah so it would seam."
Beatrice said with a nod.

[quote][Serge waved goodbye to Bea and then began to meditate. Space was an illusion and so technically he was already at TimeStop Cafeteria. He just needed reality to realize it. And what better way was there than through art, often used as gateways to other worlds. However instead of transporting him mentally to other worlds this time he would transport physically. The veil between mental and physical was also an illusion after all.

When he reached the appropriate state he would promptly jump into the schematic drawing and hopefully into TimeStop Cafeteria./quote]

It is a pretty smooth teleport and you stand in the cafeteria. Some of the people scream when someone just show up though and the girl in the Star Wars shirt jump and aim her weapon at you before she realize you are not a shadow creature.
"Ohh sorry."

Colin nodded, "Wainwright. Colin Wainwright. We determined the shadow creatures were photosensitive in the kitchen."

"Nice to meet you Mr Wainwright."
The girl said after she had settled down from Serge suddenly appearing out of the blue.

And you didn't think of mentioning this earlier, like when I gave up my own backup to someone who was unarmed?' Nicole replied in an icily sarcastic tone, turning to be face-on to the woman, allowing them to notice the she'd taken a bit of a beating due to her lack of a weapon.

"Yeah sure if it had been a completely calm situation that would have been a good idea."
Sophie-Ann said.
"But like I already said I am not a trained soldier. It was a tense situation and I did not think about the second weapon before it was mentioned these things have a problem with light. Sorry I did what I could to help with what I had."
She replied defensibly. No one had escaped completely unharmed and she had some scratches as well.

He chuckled wryly, "Consider that a long streak of good fortune, miss Ryce."

"Yeah I suppose it is."
The girl said with a nod.

He smiled, holding out the injured arm, "Ah, I'm afraid I don't recall that specific job, there have been a few dented candlesticks over the years. Hm, is she one of ours, perchance? And please do, though I wish I could show you a better side of myself. One of the little buggers caught me in my... dignity."

"Oh I am sure we can preserve your dignity, my device work through clothing but remove any metal over the areas please."
The medic said and she pulled out a small device and fiddle with it, you had seen Helen have a similar one, she use it to knit together small cuts and wounds.
"Ah no my grand aunt is not a mage, but she love those candlesticks, she got them from her grandmother who claim to be the daughter of a Scottish Laird who had to flee their home during some sort of clan conflict, those candlesticks was all that was left of the family fortune. I think it is probably just a fanciful tale but my aunt swear by it."
The Etherite said while she worked.

'Are the civilians...' she began, but then lurched sidewards a little as the remaining adrenaline passed out of her system, pointing out that she'd used her body's energy on shocking several of the creatures earlier. 'Think... a little sit might be, like in order. Is the building locked down now?' giving the group in the room the mildly amusing sight of person trying to pick up a chair off the floor with a hand with claw-blades attached but was too fuzzy to work out why it wasn't working.

"The civilians are begin tended to but due to the quick action of you and the others who rose to defend them most of them escaped with very minor injuries."
The medic said as he helped you right a chair.
"Ok let us have a look at you...first of all you need fuel for that arm."
He said taking a chocolate and caramel protein bar from his bag and handing it over. The he started scanning you with something that looked like a Star Trek tricorder and then said.
"I can heal your injuries with a hand device I have with me if you will allow me."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply. I was not feeling well yesterday so I just played a JRPG and chilled.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm

Jeremy wrote:When he reached the appropriate state he would promptly jump into the schematic drawing and hopefully into TimeStop Cafeteria.
Anja wrote:It is a pretty smooth teleport and you stand in the cafeteria. Some of the people scream when someone just show up though and the girl in the Star Wars shirt jump and aim her weapon at you before she realize you are not a shadow creature.
"Ohh sorry."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Please do not shoot my Cabalmate, he's a delicate soul."

Anja wrote:"Nice to meet you Mr Wainwright."
The girl said after she had settled down from Serge suddenly appearing out of the blue.
He nodded, "Quite, likewise. And my apologies for my Cabalmate's penchant for abruptly popping up like some cartoonish weasel."

Nicole wrote:'And you didn't think of mentioning this earlier, like when I gave up my own backup to someone who was unarmed?' Nicole replied in an icily sarcastic tone, turning to be face-on to the woman, allowing them to notice the she'd taken a bit of a beating due to her lack of a weapon.
Anja wrote:"Yeah sure if it had been a completely calm situation that would have been a good idea."
Sophie-Ann said.
"But like I already said I am not a trained soldier. It was a tense situation and I did not think about the second weapon before it was mentioned these things have a problem with light. Sorry I did what I could to help with what I had."
She replied defensibly. No one had escaped completely unharmed and she had some scratches as well.
He nodded sagely, not adding anything further.

Anja wrote:"Oh I am sure we can preserve your dignity, my device work through clothing but remove any metal over the areas please."
The medic said and she pulled out a small device and fiddle with it, you had seen Helen have a similar one, she use it to knit together small cuts and wounds.
"Ah no my grand aunt is not a mage, but she love those candlesticks, she got them from her grandmother who claim to be the daughter of a Scottish Laird who had to flee their home during some sort of clan conflict, those candlesticks was all that was left of the family fortune. I think it is probably just a fanciful tale but my aunt swear by it."
The Etherite said while she worked.
He sighed, "Alas, unless that device can stitch up the seat of my trousers, my dignity will take a smidgeon longer to salvage."
He thought for a moment, "Ah, and I am inclined to believe there's a kernel of truth to it. Bear in mind, a 'laird' is just a minor rural landowner, not a peer of the realm, and the title follows the plot of land, not the family tree. And possession is, of course, nine-tenths of the law."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:32 pm

Anja wrote:
It is a pretty smooth teleport and you stand in the cafeteria. Some of the people scream when someone just show up though and the girl in the Star Wars shirt jump and aim her weapon at you before she realize you are not a shadow creature.
"Ohh sorry."
Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, "Please do not shoot my Cabalmate, he's a delicate soul."

Serge was slightly startled with having the gun pointed at him but was quickly relieved to see it withdrawn. "Honestly I deserve to be shot just a little bit. Everyone else got a little banged up. Don't worry though. This is the moment of reprieve after a fight."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Quite, likewise. And my apologies for my Cabalmate's penchant for abruptly popping up like some cartoonish weasel."

"I can only do it in Horizon. So I gotta take the chance when they come up." Serge said with a chuckle. "By the way. Bea wanted me to let you know that a bunch of people are making custom requests for your silverwork."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 pm

Anja's Post:

'If there'd been a completely calm situation there wouldn't have been a need.' Nicole replied, more incredulous than angry. With that she shook hear head and left it at that, though it was clear from the eye-roll she didn't think much of their judgement.

Serge's Post:

Serge would have encountered the vision of a Nicole with rather torn-up and bloody clothing about to launch a chair at his head, which she then put on the floor and sat on with a sigh. 'I take it the building has not been locked down, then.' she replied glumly.

Anja's Post:

'Only if there's nobody with more pressing injuries.' she replied with a tired nod, using a blade on her finger to slice off the top of the pack and squeeze the gel into her mouth. 'Think they ain't poisoned nor anything...'

[I changed the bar to an glucose gel; if the guy is medically trained he'd know Nick needed an instant influx of simple sugars, not nutrition.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Please do not shoot my Cabalmate, he's a delicate soul."

"I will try to avoid it then again teleporting straight into a group of people who have just been attacked with no warning is a famously good way to get yourself shot."
The young woman replied.

Serge was slightly startled with having the gun pointed at him but was quickly relieved to see it withdrawn. "Honestly I deserve to be shot just a little bit. Everyone else got a little banged up. Don't worry though. This is the moment of reprieve after a fight."

"Ehm...."
"Okey then...."

He nodded, "Quite, likewise. And my apologies for my Cabalmate's penchant for abruptly popping up like some cartoonish weasel."

Sophie-Ann nodded but she still looked a bit confused.

He sighed, "Alas, unless that device can stitch up the seat of my trousers, my dignity will take a smidgeon longer to salvage."
He thought for a moment, "Ah, and I am inclined to believe there's a kernel of truth to it. Bear in mind, a 'laird' is just a minor rural landowner, not a peer of the realm, and the title follows the plot of land, not the family tree. And possession is, of course, nine-tenths of the law."

"No not this device but I have one that can repair cloth."
The medic said as she started working with her device, a pleasant warmth followed where it's beam went.
"Maybe you are right, my great aunt's grandmother was from Scotland that we know and she came first to England to stay with relatives after the death of her family and later she and her family went to Canada where most of my family live today...ah but look at me talking...there that should take care of your wounds. They will be a little bit sore for a few days but the skin should have knitted together. Let me just see to the wounded and I will fix your clothes afterwards Sir."

If there'd been a completely calm situation there wouldn't have been a need.' Nicole replied, more incredulous than angry. With that she shook hear head and left it at that, though it was clear from the eye-roll she didn't think much of their judgement.

Sophie-Ann took a deep breath then she said evenly.
"Yeah shake your head at me and judge me. I am not a fucking soldier, so excuse me for not being able to think of everything and react perfect in a combat situation. I did the fucking best I could. I fought for my life and I fought to protect others but no in a stressed situation I forgot my secondary weapon until a need for a light weapon was mentioned because I and I repeat is not a fucking soldier. If you are looking for professional soldiers then you might want to make sure you are at a War Chnatry or a garrison in case something happens, but then again if you did then you would not get to look down your nose at those who just do the best they fucking can...and yes I know stress is making me more angry than I should have but damn what do you expect lady?"
The young Etherite said.
"Now I will go and help the others and you know what I will probably not do that perfectly either but at least I try."
She said before she wandered back to the folks who had hid in the force field and under the table.

Serge would have encountered the vision of a Nicole with rather torn-up and bloody clothing about to launch a chair at his head, which she then put on the floor and sat on with a sigh. 'I take it the building has not been locked down, then.' she replied glumly.

"It have but I gave the kid the access codes so he could continue to assist us at a distance."
Jonas said he and his cullauge was heading in from the kitchen.

'Only if there's nobody with more pressing injuries.' she replied with a tired nod, using a blade on her finger to slice off the top of the pack and squeeze the gel into her mouth. 'Think they ain't poisoned nor anything...'

"No the others are being seen to."
The young medic said before he started working with another device that you had seen as standard equipment among many Etherite medics, it knitted flesh back together which felt hot and itch but did not hurt and left your flesh whole but a bit pink and sore.
"I am going to perscribe a cream that will help on the itching and sorceness of freshly healed skin.
The medic said.

(OOC: That works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 pm

Anja wrote:"I will try to avoid it then again teleporting straight into a group of people who have just been attacked with no warning is a famously good way to get yourself shot."
The young woman replied.
Anja wrote:"Ehm...."
"Okey then...."

"She's right. I'm not gonna blame her. I didn't exactly aim where I was going." Serge said with a shrug, "I saw the entire fight by the way. You're a pretty crack shot. Took down a lot of those creatures on your own. Han Solo would be proud."

Anja wrote:Sophie-Ann took a deep breath then she said evenly.
"Yeah shake your head at me and judge me. I am not a fucking soldier, so excuse me for not being able to think of everything and react perfect in a combat situation. I did the fucking best I could. I fought for my life and I fought to protect others but no in a stressed situation I forgot my secondary weapon until a need for a light weapon was mentioned because I and I repeat is not a fucking soldier. If you are looking for professional soldiers then you might want to make sure you are at a War Chnatry or a garrison in case something happens, but then again if you did then you would not get to look down your nose at those who just do the best they fucking can...and yes I know stress is making me more angry than I should have but damn what do you expect lady?"
The young Etherite said.
"Now I will go and help the others and you know what I will probably not do that perfectly either but at least I try."
She said before she wandered back to the folks who had hid in the force field and under the table.

Serge took a heavy breathe in, really not wanting to have raised tension right now. "Hey Rodrigo. There's some more people here that could use a victory dance as well." he thought, wanting to make sure his chimeric companions dance could be felt subtly by everyone.

Nicole wrote:Serge would have encountered the vision of a Nicole with rather torn-up and bloody clothing about to launch a chair at his head, which she then put on the floor and sat on with a sigh. 'I take it the building has not been locked down, then.' she replied glumly.
Anja wrote:"It have but I gave the kid the access codes so he could continue to assist us at a distance."

"Thanks for that by the way. Also give that other Security Guard a raise. And a promotion. She saved my life. Or at the very least saved me from third-degree burns. Wish I'd done a better job protecting her though..." Serge said looking slightly disheartened remembering how much that other guard had been injured.

He pulled himself out of it quickly and handed over the wrapped bundle to Nicole, "Thanks for not hitting me with a chair. You were pretty amazing as well Nick. I tried to help here and there but don't hold a candle to fending off 4 shadow beasts on my own. Anyways Bea thought that you could use some sustenance after such a fight. She made some sandwiches for you."

(OOC: In my head there's two areas. Cafeteria and Kitchen. Rodrigo is currently dancing in the Cafeteria and Serge wants him in the Kitchen with everyone else. If that isn't the case and everyone's already in the presence of his glorious victory dance please ignore that section)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:38 am

"She's right. I'm not gonna blame her. I didn't exactly aim where I was going." Serge said with a shrug, "I saw the entire fight by the way. You're a pretty crack shot. Took down a lot of those creatures on your own. Han Solo would be proud."

Sophie-Ann gave a chuckle at that.
"Thank you. Well I am sorry I aimed at you but be careful where you pop up, it is like when my brother sneaked up on his friend and grabbed him in the middle of the night, his friend snapped his head back and hit my brother in the nose, breaking it.Lessons was learned, painful ones."
She said with a smile.
"I am just glad we made it though this though."

Serge took a heavy breathe in, really not wanting to have raised tension right now. "Hey Rodrigo. There's some more people here that could use a victory dance as well." he thought, wanting to make sure his chimeric companions dance could be felt subtly by everyone.

Rodrigo came running, he jumped up on a table and danced away trying to lift the mood.

Thanks for that by the way. Also give that other Security Guard a raise. And a promotion. She saved my life. Or at the very least saved me from third-degree burns. Wish I'd done a better job protecting her though..." Serge said looking slightly disheartened remembering how much that other guard had been injured.

"I am sure she is happy to hear you are ok Mr Yeager...was it? She is being tended to by medics right now but they say she will be ok, once her wounds have been healed she will be sore for a few days but otherwise ok."
Jonas informed you.

(OOC: It is a bit the other way around. The cafeteria area is one large cafeteria with tables with an attached kitchen to service it. Most of the people either fighting or hiding from the shadow creatures was in the dining area, but the two attackers where trying to crawl in through ventilation shafts into the kitchen. Basically Colin, Jonas and the other security guard and later also Jeffry fought the two attackers and some shadow creatures in the kitchen while Nick, the defenders and later Colin held the Shadow creatures at bey in the cafeteria. Now everyone but the wounded security guard is int he cafeteria section while the wounded guard is still being treated in the kitchen. Jeffry is in the ventilation shafts to look for more enemies.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am

Nicole wrote:'If there'd been a completely calm situation there wouldn't have been a need.' Nicole replied, more incredulous than angry. With that she shook hear head and left it at that, though it was clear from the eye-roll she didn't think much of their judgement.
Anja wrote:Sophie-Ann took a deep breath then she said evenly.
The young Etherite said.
Colin shook his head, "Nick... let it go, please. She's a civilian, not trained to think clearly and tactically when a firefight breaks out, the way you are. Let us all just get patched up for now, and enjoy more of the conference. I want to catch the Big Reveal happening soon, when the new ship is announced. And I'm taking you out for a couple drinks after, my treat."

Anja wrote:"I will try to avoid it then again teleporting straight into a group of people who have just been attacked with no warning is a famously good way to get yourself shot."
The young woman replied.
Jeremy wrote:Serge was slightly startled with having the gun pointed at him but was quickly relieved to see it withdrawn. "Honestly I deserve to be shot just a little bit. Everyone else got a little banged up. Don't worry though. This is the moment of reprieve after a fight."
Anja wrote:"Ehm...."
"Okey then...."
Jeremy wrote:"She's right. I'm not gonna blame her. I didn't exactly aim where I was going." Serge said with a shrug, "I saw the entire fight by the way. You're a pretty crack shot. Took down a lot of those creatures on your own. Han Solo would be proud."
He frowned, "Never say that, Serge. You do not deserve to be shot. A headlock and a noogie on occasion, perhaps, but not getting shot."

Jeremy wrote:"I can only do it in Horizon. So I gotta take the chance when they come up." Serge said with a chuckle. "By the way. Bea wanted me to let you know that a bunch of people are making custom requests for your silverwork."
He grinned, "A fair point, and thank you, I look forward to taking on those commissions."

Nicole wrote:Serge would have encountered the vision of a Nicole with rather torn-up and bloody clothing about to launch a chair at his head, which she then put on the floor and sat on with a sigh. 'I take it the building has not been locked down, then.' she replied glumly.
Anja wrote:"It have but I gave the kid the access codes so he could continue to assist us at a distance."
He nodded, "And on that note, Serge - I appreciate the little boost you sent my way, but in the future, don't waste effort on targeting me without letting me know in advance. I assumed - correctly in this case - that that was your little morale booster that tapped at my wards, but it did take a moment of conscious thought to permit it through my wards. If I had had reason to assume it was an ally of the intruders who was trying to interfere, your efforts would have been wasted."
He smiled wryly, "It's part of why most members of the healing profession ask permission to cast a spell on their patients, so wards can be lowered to permit the treatment to go through. It's such a pain to try to dig through a huge mountain just to put a band-aid on a knee, figuratively speaking."

Anja wrote:"No not this device but I have one that can repair cloth."
The medic said as she started working with her device, a pleasant warmth followed where it's beam went.
"Maybe you are right, my great aunt's grandmother was from Scotland that we know and she came first to England to stay with relatives after the death of her family and later she and her family went to Canada where most of my family live today...ah but look at me talking...there that should take care of your wounds. They will be a little bit sore for a few days but the skin should have knitted together. Let me just see to the wounded and I will fix your clothes afterwards Sir."
He nodded, "Thank you, I should be fine, so long as I stand upright for a while. Sitting is going to be less delightful, I fear... well, I have the time to wait for the other wounded, take the time you need."

Finding a table, he meticulously began picking the keys off the staff and snapped off a thin branch, threading all the keys onto it and reshaping it into a conveniently-sized key ring. Then he started working on the staff itself, drawing in the branches, smoothing out the length, filling in the hollow segments, and magically stamping in various glyphs and runes in precise circles around the now more innocuous-looking walking cane, a finely tapered brass rod with a smooth, spherical knob at the top, suitable as a Focus, or as part of a gentleman's accouterments.

((OOC: Presuming wound penalties are taken care of, then? Also, do I need to roll for that working, since he takes his time while the others receive treatment? Should be a simple Matter 2/Forces 2 working to just reshape a twisted, hollow piece of metal into a straight, massive one...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 pm

He smiled wryly, "It's part of why most members of the healing profession ask permission to cast a spell on their patients, so wards can be lowered to permit the treatment to go through. It's such a pain to try to dig through a huge mountain just to put a band-aid on a knee, figuratively speaking."

"Plus it is the polite thing to do. I always ask before using what you call magick on someone. I guess if someone way dying and it was act or watch them die I would assume they wanted me to save their lives but if at all possible asking permission is the right thing to do."
The medic that was working on Colin commented.

He nodded, "Thank you, I should be fine, so long as I stand upright for a while. Sitting is going to be less delightful, I fear... well, I have the time to wait for the other wounded, take the time you need."

"I will get you a salve that will help with the post healing soreness."
The medic said then she headed over to the next person, a woman with a bite on her arm to help her.

Finding a table, he meticulously began picking the keys off the staff and snapped off a thin branch, threading all the keys onto it and reshaping it into a conveniently-sized key ring. Then he started working on the staff itself, drawing in the branches, smoothing out the length, filling in the hollow segments, and magically stamping in various glyphs and runes in precise circles around the now more innocuous-looking walking cane, a finely tapered brass rod with a smooth, spherical knob at the top, suitable as a Focus, or as part of a gentleman's accouterments.

You managed to shape the staff into a walking stick though it was not the easiest of work to do.

(OOC: That makes for a hell of allot of keys on that key chain. Let us say you can make the cane but you can roll to see how fine a job you do for how well it will look. He can re shape it and it will keep the same effects but it might look rough.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 pm

Anja wrote:"Plus it is the polite thing to do. I always ask before using what you call magick on someone. I guess if someone way dying and it was act or watch them die I would assume they wanted me to save their lives but if at all possible asking permission is the right thing to do."
The medic that was working on Colin commented.
Colin nodded, "That's the other major part. Emergency does trump politeness, of course."

Anja wrote:You managed to shape the staff into a walking stick though it was not the easiest of work to do.
He held up the cane to aim down its length and nodded in satisfaction, "A good start to straightening out all of Rust's twisted works, I suppose..."

((OOC: 4,4,5,7 - 2,3,8,9 - 6,6,6,8 - 2,6,7,8 - 5,7,0,0... Four rolls, taking his sweet time shaping it. Should be a decent look for it. Also, I'm thinking something line a decimeter-diameter keyring, something to hook onto the belt or something, not a tiny thing to slip in a pocket. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 pm

Colin nodded, "That's the other major part. Emergency does trump politeness, of course."

The medic nodded at that.

He held up the cane to aim down its length and nodded in satisfaction, "A good start to straightening out all of Rust's twisted works, I suppose..."

You got the cane shaped the way you wanted it and it looked pretty good by the time the young medic returned.
"Making yourself a walking stick Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
"Ehm...I can fix your clothes now if you want, everyone with bites, cuts and bruises have been taken care of, the wounded guard will be taken to the clinic overnight for observation and rest but she should be fine as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 pm

Anja wrote:Sophie-Ann gave a chuckle at that.
"Thank you. Well I am sorry I aimed at you but be careful where you pop up, it is like when my brother sneaked up on his friend and grabbed him in the middle of the night, his friend snapped his head back and hit my brother in the nose, breaking it.Lessons was learned, painful ones."
She said with a smile.
"I am just glad we made it though this though."

"With enough skill and luck, we can survive anything." Serge said with a warm smile. "Glad I could provide the latter."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "And on that note, Serge - I appreciate the little boost you sent my way, but in the future, don't waste effort on targeting me without letting me know in advance. I assumed - correctly in this case - that that was your little morale booster that tapped at my wards, but it did take a moment of conscious thought to permit it through my wards. If I had had reason to assume it was an ally of the intruders who was trying to interfere, your efforts would have been wasted."

"Huh.....I didn't realize that. I was just trying to hit as many people as I possibly could." Serge said, realizing that in his magickal frenzy he hadn't even sense one of his spells being partially blocked. "Oh well. Lesson Learned. I'll remember that for the future. I'm just glad you let it through."

Anja wrote:"I am sure she is happy to hear you are ok Mr Yeager...was it? She is being tended to by medics right now but they say she will be ok, once her wounds have been healed she will be sore for a few days but otherwise ok."
Jonas informed you.

"That's good to hear." Serge said with a relieved sigh.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:13 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole simply gave a 'whatever' shrug to this; in this moment in time she didn't give a fuck, had only pitched in because it had been quite literally in front of her eyes.

Colin's Post:

'Can't. Have plans.' she replied automatically.

Colin's Post:

'That reminds me. Mister, can I have my gun back now?' she said to the former security guard who Nicole had leant her backup piece to.

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, as the medical person was doing their thing. Almost as an afterthought, began to check her artificial arm to see if there had been any damage.

Anja's Post:

'Any way you can tell if they damaged my TEG modules in my back?' she replied, leaning forward on the chair and using her floor to push her blades back into her fingers. After all, a dermal regenerator wouldn't fix any damage done to the gossamer-thin fibres laid underneath her skin...

Serge's Post:

'Oh... thanks.' she replied, giving a little smile, while taking the bundle. Serge might notice that part of the palm of the 'skin' he'd decorated had been ripped off.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm

With enough skill and luck, we can survive anything." Serge said with a warm smile. "Glad I could provide the latter."

"Hum...interesting."
Sophie-Ann said.
"But yeah we pulled through, thanks for the help kid."

"That's good to hear." Serge said with a relieved sigh.

Jonas nodded at that.

'That reminds me. Mister, can I have my gun back now?' she said to the former security guard who Nicole had leant her backup piece to.

"Off course, sorry had my arm tended to."
The large man said, he check that the gun was secured and then handed it back.
"Thanks for the help."

Nicole nodded to this, as the medical person was doing their thing. Almost as an afterthought, began to check her artificial arm to see if there had been any damage.

You found a small scratch on some exposed metal, your skin like sleeve needed some repairs but the damage was just cosmetic.

Any way you can tell if they damaged my TEG modules in my back?' she replied, leaning forward on the chair and using her floor to push her blades back into her fingers. After all, a dermal regenerator wouldn't fix any damage done to the gossamer-thin fibres laid underneath her skin...

"Yeah I can do that."
The medic said and he found another device holding one part in his hand while running a small pen like device over you.
"No it seam there is not any damage to your cybernetics, it's power supplies or attachment points beyond superficial scratches to the limb itself."

Oh... thanks.' she replied, giving a little smile, while taking the bundle. Serge might notice that part of the palm of the 'skin' he'd decorated had been ripped off.

The bundle, wrapped in a kitchen towel felt like it contained several sandwiches, toasted there was still a bit of heat in them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:32 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Huh.....I didn't realize that. I was just trying to hit as many people as I possibly could." Serge said, realizing that in his magickal frenzy he hadn't even sense one of his spells being partially blocked. "Oh well. Lesson Learned. I'll remember that for the future. I'm just glad you let it through."
Colin nodded, "Something to keep in mind, is all; helpful though your magic may be, Magi tend to have some wards up to make them harder to hit with hostile spells - and those wards don't distinguish between friend or foe. Hum, I think we might be able to work out a small bypass, perhaps - a small trinket enchanted with your Resonance, to permit your personal spells through. But it won't be an easy thing to make..."

Nicole wrote:'Can't. Have plans.' she replied automatically.
He frowned, "Ah, too bad... A few friends have commended you for things you'll accomplish, and I'd like to discuss some possibilities with you. Hum, not going alone, I hope?"

Anja wrote:You got the cane shaped the way you wanted it and it looked pretty good by the time the young medic returned.
"Making yourself a walking stick Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
"Ehm...I can fix your clothes now if you want, everyone with bites, cuts and bruises have been taken care of, the wounded guard will be taken to the clinic overnight for observation and rest but she should be fine as well."
He smiled thinly at the cane and nodded, "A gift from a certain old man. A wrinkly one. I took out a rather nasty Fallen Chronomancer, by his request... a cane is a bit more inconspicuous than a many-branched staff on the streets of Boston, and a massive brass cane makes a girthy mace in a pinch."
He shook his head, "But please, if you have the time and opportunity, my shirt and jacket sleeve, as well as my trousers, could do with a bit of stitchwork. And I'm glad no-one seems to suffer lasting injuries."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next