Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

+3
Caedus
Jaq
Ashan101
7 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Colin Thursday evening:

You get the brands out of the oven and Beatrice hands you a kitchen towel to cover them with before she go and fetch the now finished salad and put it on the table as well.
"Hum...ah yes plates."
The young Verbena mutters as she tiptoes to be able to reach her cupboards and fetch he plates, most of them was mis matched as she did not have a set she had just bought whatever she could find that was cheap.
"I better ready one extra, I have not invited Mr Coawa, since this is a Cabal meeting, but it seam to me that Mr Karyak hardly go anywhere without his friend."
Beatrice said as she picked one more plate from the cupboard and then brought them to the table.
"My cutlery is silver though, it belonged to my grandmother, if Mr Coawa tags along...do you think he will be alright eating with them? I know nothing about weresharks but in the legends around werewolves they tend not to be to fond of the metal, and I have found that quite a few legends happen to be true."
The young Verbena said and scratched her head.
"I do not want to poison him or anything by accident."

Beatrice stopped fussing over the food and tableware when Colin said he now had an official rank in the Traditions she give the Orphan a big grin.
"That is wonderful, congratulations Colin."
The young Verbena said and smiles.
"Entropy hum...that is a useful Sphere, I would like to study it at some point, but I have focused on what the Hermetics call Life and Prime..."

Colin, Tane and Bianca Wednesday:

Ryan nodded as he started the car and started driving.
"What was that back there Tane?"
The Cultist asked.
"Did you find out anything more about what followed us?"

The two cars drove towards the marshes, nothing much happened during the drive though everyone was a bit on edge, there where no further signs than anyone where following you, but off course you never knew. The drive to the Belle Isle marshes do not take that long since both it and Logan's International are located in Eastern Boston, and soon both cars arrive at the state park and you leave the pavement roads and enter the dirt roads of the park.
"Well we are here, what now?"
Asks Ryan-
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:00 pm

--- Wednesday, Marshes ---
Colin stuck his head out the window and looked to the other car, "Well, then, this is where we find out if we're still being pursued. Coawa? Tane?"

--- Thursday, Beatrice's Apartment ---
Colin frowned, "I honestly have no idea how silver affects the changing folk. For all I know, it only affects werewolves when thoroughly embedded in them in the form of a blade or bullet, or it affects them all by the merest touch... However, I would suspect the purity of the silver may well be a factor, so if I may have a look?"
He picked out his box of monocles and plucked one out, propping it up against his eye.
"The thing with inherited silverware, you see, is that since it was traditionally made to be passed down for several generations, dishonest silversmiths would sometimes dilute the metal and charge full price, knowing all too well that when the scam might be discovered some seventy or eighty years later, they'd be dead, and their children would have inherited the money and the shop, but not the culpability."

((OOC: Matter 1, looking at the purity of the silver; Colin's singularly most used rote, for the single most used purpose of that rote. Do I even need to roll? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Thursday:

"For all I know they have no problem with silver at all but would die if you spilled blueberry tea on them, I know nothing about them, and that worry me, I do not want to hurt someone by accident."
Beatrice said and sigh.
"I mean sometimes magickal weaknesses can be strange, did you see that burn on Deaconess Mara's arm a few months ago? She got that when she tripped on the stairs and Adjan grabbed her arm to steady her, and you know how he wear a steel ring with his Tradition symbol, just that brief touch was enough to hurt her...she is fay blooded as you might know."
The young Verbena said then she continued.
"Also over at Riverside there is a women of my own Tradition who have strong Echoes so she is deadly allergic to salt."
Beatrice commented.
"It is sometimes hard to know what to do not to do anything wrong. Werewolves have this legend about them about silver though and so I though with any shapeshifter it would be wise to be better safe than sorry."

Beatrice nodded when the Orphan asked to have a look at her cutlery, she handed Colin an old fork, it was old and worn with a floral pattern at the handle, the fork had not been reserved for special occasions but had been used by several generations of Alexanders daily.
"Hum...that is interesting, I did not know that."
Beatrice said.

The fork are of decent quality, though it is not sterling, proper sterling silver should have about 92 percent silver, this fork however have 80 percent silver and the rest being copper.

(OOC: No I think we can let it pass without a roll, it seam that Colin is fond of that that rote yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:47 pm

--- Thursday, Beatrice's Apartment ---
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Deaconess Mara is... hum, I did not know that. That might explain part of why she seems a little... reclusive. So much iron in everything these days."
Looking over the cutlery, he squinted a little and put it down gently.
"Old German silver standard; 800 to 805 parts silver per thousand, I would say... Perfectly serviceable, and lovingly used, though less pure than you would find in reputable silver shops today. In terms of mystical properties, I would say your familial attachment is a stronger factor than the silver. As for how harmful it would be to shapechangers... We had better ask Coawa. If necessary, I can run down to my own apartment and fetch some disposable cutlery. I, um, sometimes make meals for which I don't feel like leaving dirty dishes... Plastic forks just seem more appropriate to microwave food, you know."
He looked a little bashful at the admission.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Beatrice nodded as she glanced at Colin.
"Yeah, there are iron everywhere, I imagine just going into the kitchen to make food have to be an danger to the Deaconess, but I think the real reason why she is reclusive is that this world must seam odd to her, I have heard it said, and this is more gossip than anything else, but that she is as strongly fay blooded as you can be and still have a human soul able to house an Avatar, I suspect we seam as odd to her as the sleepers do to us. I do not know though, I have never really spoken with the Deaconess beyond a few hellos and good mornings, she hardly ever leave her rooms save for Council meetings."
The young Verbena said.

Beatrice nodded about what Colin said about her silverware.
"Yeah they are lovingly used, my grandmother said she did not need nice cutlery to just sit in a drawer somewhere to be used for Christmas, so she used the set every day and when she died she left them to me, and now I use them daily."
The young Verbena nods when you mention asking Coawa if he would be alright with the cutlery.
"That is the best choice I think, to simply ask him, but I do not want to be rude, and perhaps asking about his weaknesses will be seen as such."
Beatrice muttered.
"Well it is better to be rude than to hurt him by accident I presume. Now about microwave food, well we all have eaten that at times when we have not had the chance to make something better, but I do not like it myself, the food from a microwave just seam so dead, as if there is no energy in it at all."
The blood witch said and wrinkled her nose at the thought.
"However yes if we need to we can get Coawa some plastic cutlery or go down to the kitchen and find something in steel."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:21 pm

"Very well if you think I need to give him to you right away, I will." Lenoe said sadly. "It do make sense for he have gotten worse quickly." He added then he asked in a soft, hesitant tone of voice. "What do you think his chances of survival are Mr Roth Hicks?"

"I cannot exactly say, but significantly more of a chance than if he did not receive treatment that much I can tell you is true."

"Yes Mr Roth Hicks I owe you a favor if you can help Tobias, such is our way, a favor owed for a favor given. But what do the favor I owe you have to do with you offering me a rather...uncomfortable, protection from others of your kind?" The vampire asked in a puzzled tone of voice.

"Not that it is my priority in the matter, like you that is Tobias's welfare, but it is rather hard to collect a favour from the dead, Mr Lenoe."

"All I want for the boy is for him to find happiness, and I can not thank you enough for helping him Mr Roth Hicks, I just never imagined that the help would mean I could never see him again. I know he is not mine, but my presence triggered his abilities and I have taken care of him as if he was, Tobias means so much to me, but...I would rather never see him again than for him to continue to have those attacks of pain and then die."

"It is bitter, I know. I wish there was another way but I know not one," he said, not without some sympathy.

"I understand...well no I do not but I have my suspicions, I will not ask you to confirm them, I would not if it was something like that you asked about my kind. I have seen some of the Trem...the vampire wizards of our society...it is not all of them, but it is a few, so confident and powerful on the inside but something appear...broken inside of them if you look closely and I feared my blood was breaking Tobias the same way, anything I can do to prevent that from happening..."

He listened to the vampire talk about the Tremere. He appeared to be very skillful in seeing the truth that others hid. He did not know if it was strictly a vampiric ability on his part or natural perception that he had developed, but as he said, he would no more confirm nor deny what he said. But he was listening. And as he had thought, Mr Lenoe knew deep down that he was doing something to Tobias, that his blood was harming him even if he did not know why.

The Massasa said then he sigh and there was a clear, deep terror in his voice when he added softly. "I will...call work and tell them I have had an accident...put my affairs for the next month in order and I will...surrender to your custody Mr Roth Hicks...If you think it will aid the boy."

'Mr Lenoe, again I will say that you coming with us and submitting to the confinement is in no way dependent on the quality or kind of help that we will give Tobias. That will be provided to him regardless, as soon as you bring him to us and he is given to our care. The choice to stay with us is yours and for your own safety ironic as it seems; only that I think it would be easier for him to have a friendly face while this transition occurs. If this is acceptable I would ask you explain it to your ward lest he think we are acting violently against you. You will need to explain what is happening and why, that we are going to try to help him." He waited to see what Mr Lenoe's final say on the matter of being staked was going to be, since he needed to know who was expected to come back with them. "In the meanwhile, please take care and be alert for those like the woman that attacked you, in the event they attack again. Call me if something untoward happens otherwise 8:30 this evening."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:01 pm

"I cannot exactly say, but significantly more of a chance than if he did not receive treatment that much I can tell you is true."

"I...see"
The vampire muttered, he seamed quite concerned and clearly how serious the situation had become was beginning to hit home with him.

"Not that it is my priority in the matter, like you that is Tobias's welfare, but it is rather hard to collect a favour from the dead, Mr Lenoe."

"Well...ehm...that is an excellent point Mr Roth Hicks."

"It is bitter, I know. I wish there was another way but I know not one," he said, not without some sympathy.

Lenoe said nothing he only slightly sigh, he was clearly very sad over the thought of loosing his adopted son, no matter how insane it was that a vampire had adopted a mage.

'Mr Lenoe, again I will say that you coming with us and submitting to the confinement is in no way dependent on the quality or kind of help that we will give Tobias. That will be provided to him regardless, as soon as you bring him to us and he is given to our care.

"I...understand that."
The vampire said he drew a deep breath which was probably wasted on him.
"I understand that you will help him regardless, and I am grateful, it seams your society are more kind to it's own than ours are...however if I can help make the transitions easier for him I will suffer through the kind of protection you offer."
The Massasa sounded scared but determined.

The choice to stay with us is yours and for your own safety ironic as it seems; only that I think it would be easier for him to have a friendly face while this transition occurs. If this is acceptable I would ask you explain it to your ward lest he think we are acting violently against you. You will need to explain what is happening and why, that we are going to try to help him."

"I will explain it to him, heaven knows I do not know how, but I will explain the situation to him."
The vampire muttered.
"Yes he is very attached to me also due to my blood, having me around would probably make it easier for him and knowing I am at no risk will ease his mind, however seeing me in such a state might upset him no matter how much I explain, I do not know how much you know about my kind Mr Roth Hicks, and our weaknesses, but staking is not...pretty...it...hurts like hell, but worse than the pain is the fear and the complete helplessness. A staked vampire enters rigor rigor mortis, or at least that is how it feels, our bodies stiffen completely, the paralysis is complete, and we look like a grotesque, frozen corpse. We can not speak, though some are able to grunt or whimper, and generally do allot of it."
Lenoe muttered he did not sound particularly pleased about the prospect.
"The only thing we can move are our eyes, and we have our Beast...ehm...baser self I guess you can say, it is hard to explain, screaming in our minds the whole time telling us to run, to get away, that anyone can kill us, and in our kind that create a state of constant panic...I do not know if I can explain enough for the boy not to be upset at seeing that..."
The vampire sigh.
"However I agree that in the beginning having me around, even in that state would help him and if he know I am doing it willingly he will probably accept it, eventually."
Lenoe said he sounded like he was fighting to control his various emotions.

"In the meanwhile, please take care and be alert for those like the woman that attacked you, in the event they attack again. Call me if something untoward happens otherwise 8:30 this evening."

"I will keep him safe Mr Roth Hicks, and I will see you at 8:30."
The vampire said.
"I will keep my eyes and ears open."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:11 pm

"The only thing we can move are our eyes, and we have our Beast...ehm...baser self I guess you can say, it is hard to explain, screaming in our minds the whole time telling us to run, to get away, that anyone can kill us, and in our kind that create a state of constant panic...I do not know if I can explain enough for the boy not to be upset at seeing that..." The vampire sigh. "However I agree that in the beginning having me around, even in that state would help him and if he know I am doing it willingly he will probably accept it, eventually."

"Very well, if that is the case then..." He was not surprised that it was highly unpleasant, it sounded even worse than the magickal handcuffs in fact. Now they had to figure out the logistics of staking a vampire as well, if they should transport him in-state as it were.

"I will keep him safe Mr Roth Hicks, and I will see you at 8:30." The vampire said. "I will keep my eyes and ears open."

"Until then," he said and clicked the call off with a sigh.

Then he stood up, checked himself over for his tools and took the gun and the holster and gave them a check as well. The gun was not for the vampire, for that he would use fire. But in case the Nephandi returned or, with their run of luck, more Technocrats it might be prudent. He couldn't afford to take any more risks by not being prepared for as many potential eventualities as he reasonably could. Securing them safely on his person under his coat, he headed for Beatrice's room, aware of the clock ticking down and the need to eat something. It had been hours since he ate and even if the call had been unpleasant, he knew that it would be better to have something, even if it was turning out to be a working dinner. He knocked on Beatrice's door, waiting for her to open it and smelling fresh baked bread.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:26 pm

A spirit was being controlled by another parasitic spiritual snake. I think i have slaugthered it, and i'm bringing the poor spirit with us, bound to this necklace. Once it is recovered we'll ask it who is it.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Adley:

Beatrice hurried to the door when she heard a knock and opened it, she smiles when she sees Adley and motions for him to come in.
"Come in, dinner is ready, we are just waiting for the others."
The Verbena said, she was pale and did not look well, but compared to how she had been right after the sample was taken she was allot better.
"How did your meeting with Miss Telar go?"
The blood witch asked she was clearly worried about Adley's well being but she did not want to say to much in case this was not something he would want to talk about in front of others.
"I hope you are okey?"
Beatrice said, she supported herself a bit on the door frame, she needed to sit down, to rest but she was not ready to do that just yet.

Tane:

Ryan glances at you.
"So a one spirit was controlling another spirit to go after us? Got it, the question is have we lost our tail now or do we have more friends following us?"

Coawa stepped out of the car and looked around.
"There are many spirits here but I do not sense anyone who is connected to the Qyrl, I can smell Garou though...I should not be on their territory for long...Tane if they attack us I can not guarantee I can protect you and the other mages..."
The wereshark said in a concerned voice.
"We should leave."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:01 pm

"Come in, dinner is ready, we are just waiting for the others." The Verbena said, she was pale and did not look well, but compared to how she had been right after the sample was taken she was allot better. "How did your meeting with Miss Telar go?" The blood witch asked she was clearly worried about Adley's well being but she did not want to say to much in case this was not something he would want to talk about in front of others."I hope you are okey?"

"That smells wonderful," he said, as he smelled food, suddenly hungry. He stepped in and looked around to see who else was there and seeing only Beatrice (and Colin?) he nodded. He was not sure Beatrice looked up for an outing later, he would have to tell his pater but she might be up to seeing to Tobias when he arrived. He sat down and addressed them, deciding it was better that they knew the truth. "I am fine for the time being but should I decide to keep this Umbrood with me until it has matured enough to be banished to its plane without being destroyed, there may be complications. I will need to be careful of acquiring too much resonance, or of one type...I will have to balance the energies or there is a risk I could go Marauder." He frowned. "I will decide if this is an acceptable risk with...input from my avatar. But if you should notice that I am acting...strangely, then you should tell my pater, especially if you note that my resonance leans heavily dynamic." Then he looked for a place to sit down. "There have been a number of developments, I assume there have been for you as well?"

"For my part, Master Telar told me she examined Susana's avatar herself and has retained a scan of the information she got which shows that Susanna's avatar was untainted. This scan was brought before the court at her trial but was...ignored by the two Seats in attendance, they did not wait to find someone who could interpret the information and instead did not consider it. This is highly unorthodox, as you can imagine. It may be a nail in the coffin as it were in that the trial was mishandled. If either of you speak to Susana, and it seems appropriate to ask for permission to use her scanned avatar as evidence, please do so. You may also ask her mentor, if she is unwell. Additionally, Master Telar will write a statement to the effect that her evidence was not considered. This may give us some way to shift things, if for the time being."

"And, as if there were not enough things to handle at the moment and speaking of nails and coffins, I have been contacted by a vampire on behalf of an orphaned mage that he unwisely adopted. The mage is heavily addicted to vampire blood and it is wrecking his avatar. They were attacked by Lisa the Nephandus earlier as the young man knows time magick. I will be sent at 8:30 to go pick up the magus to pick him up so that he may get care before there is too much damage, hopefully he can be saved by being separated from vampires. One or both of you may be asked to go as well as part of the team, but only if you are up for it. The vampire will be coming with us, though he will not be allowed in the chantry unless he is confined by the stake. He has agreed to do this. And as a last note, Beatrice if in the morning you can contact the dowser and ask her to go see the Chief tomorrow morning...it seems the Nephandi are using such on us, perhaps we can use it on them as you suggested."

// I will be going out for the afternoon and unable to reply till later tonight = )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Colin frowned, "Garou... That would be werewolves? Are they particularly likely to be hostile? In any case, if we've lost our tail, I concur - we should move on right away."

---Thursday, Dinner ---
Colin nodded to Adley, pocketing his monocles again and arching an eyebrow. "If you start behaving strangely? You are being trained as a field commander, of the Hermetic house of battlemages, we're mired in a free-for-all conflict with Technocrats, Nephandi, werebeasts, I've heard tales of vampires, and God only knows what else might decide to throw their lot in for or against any of the factions, we're currently dealing with a Human Resources nightmare that could lead to the magical gelding and, quite likely, death of a friend at the hands of a zealot, and this is largely par for the course. Would you kindly elaborate on how you might be 'acting strangely'?"
Frowning, he added, "I've spoken with Mister Gregario - he's sending the court documents immediately; I or Master Morgan ought to have them in the morning, quite possibly including the data from Madame Telar's scan."
As Adley explained the vampire situation, Colin's face settled in an emotionless expression; an unnerving look under most circumstances. "Half past eight? Will Master Morgan be in his office before then? I know he had a... dinner appointment after he had me formally ranked tonight, but I don't know when he might be back. If possible, I should like to make an unpleasant precautionary request from him before we head out."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:00 pm

"That smells wonderful," he said, as he smelled food, suddenly hungry. He stepped in and looked around to see who else was there and seeing only Beatrice (and Colin?) he nodded.

"It is only a simple stew and bread, I hope you will like it."
Beatrice said and smiles. It was only here and Colin who had arrived so far.

"I am fine for the time being but should I decide to keep this Umbrood with me until it has matured enough to be banished to its plane without being destroyed, there may be complications. I will need to be careful of acquiring too much resonance, or of one type...I will have to balance the energies or there is a risk I could go Marauder." He frowned.

"That sounds extremely risky."
Beatrice said nervously, the though of her friend going insane made her sad and the idea of a Flambeau Marauder terrified her, yes Adley was kind and he had never treated her with anything but kindness and gentleness, even when they where digging that grave, when she told him that he was a widderslainte had he raised a hand...or his magick against her and Beatrice would trust the Hermetic with her life and more, but still a Flambeau was a Flambeau, there was a reason why the House of war mages was feared.
"It would grieve me greatly to see you come to any harm Adley."
Beatrice said she looked up at Adley, she would be more than grieved if he went Marauder, again emotions she knew she could never act on flooded to the surface and the young Verbena looked away trying to force them back down.
"Can the rest of us help you in any way with balancing your energies and Resonance Adley?"
Beatrice asked, it was doubtful, but perhaps there was something she could do.

"I will decide if this is an acceptable risk with...input from my avatar. But if you should notice that I am acting...strangely, then you should tell my pater, especially if you note that my resonance leans heavily dynamic." Then he looked for a place to sit down. "There have been a number of developments, I assume there have been for you as well?"

Beatrice nodded, she did not know what to say, it was his choice, his and his Avatar, whatever o not to take that risk, but the young Verbena worried allot for her friend.

There are room to sit in the sofa and a couple of chairs gathered around an old, worn table that now hold the fresh baked bread and salad. Beatrice sat down for a while, something she sorely needed, as she listened to the news Adley brought with him.

"For my part, Master Telar told me she examined Susana's avatar herself and has retained a scan of the information she got which shows that Susanna's avatar was untainted. This scan was brought before the court at her trial but was...ignored by the two Seats in attendance, they did not wait to find someone who could interpret the information and instead did not consider it.

"Only two Primi and they ignored evidence...that, well is not that illegal?"
The Verbena said she looked quite shocked.
"Can the Traditions really sentence someone to Gilgul and not consider all evidence and with only two Primi in attendance, and a member of the Traditions at that, that is just wrong..."

This is highly unorthodox, as you can imagine. It may be a nail in the coffin as it were in that the trial was mishandled. If either of you speak to Susana, and it seems appropriate to ask for permission to use her scanned avatar as evidence, please do so. You may also ask her mentor, if she is unwell. Additionally, Master Telar will write a statement to the effect that her evidence was not considered. This may give us some way to shift things, if for the time being."

Beatrice looked hesitant.
"Colin...set it up for me to speak with Susannah, but...I am afraid to do so..."
The young Verbena said she looked down, she did not need to explain why she feared, it should be clear enough, if things did not go well for her, how Susannah Florentine was now would be...Beatrice pushed those thoughts away.
"It do seam like I have to give her a call though."
The young Verbena mutters.
"I just hope asking about a scan of her now dead Avatar will not...hurt her, it must be a painful question to get from her...poor woman."
Beatrice whispered then she look up at Adley.
"You think this can delay D'Angelo? Give me more time?"
She asked hopeful and at the same time shameful that she would benefit from Susannah Florentine's misery.

"And, as if there were not enough things to handle at the moment and speaking of nails and coffins, I have been contacted by a vampire on behalf of an orphaned mage that he unwisely adopted.

Beatrice could not hide her surprise.
"Ehm...a vampire adopted a mage...how could that happen? And there is vampires? I guess I always suspected there where since there are fay, werewolves and dragons but still...a real, flesh and blood undead? That is...both terrifying and amazing."
The young Verbena muttered with an astonished look in her dark eyes.

The mage is heavily addicted to vampire blood and it is wrecking his avatar.

"Vampire blood harms Avatars?"
Beatrice whispered her astonishment turned to fear.
"I...am not sure I would like to meet such a creature..."
"Can the Orphan be saved?"

They were attacked by Lisa the Nephandus earlier as the young man knows time magick.

"Damned that woman seam to be everywhere."
Beatrice muttered and sigh.
"I will sleep allot better at night when she is dead or captured."

I will be sent at 8:30 to go pick up the magus to pick him up so that he may get care before there is too much damage, hopefully he can be saved by being separated from vampires. One or both of you may be asked to go as well as part of the team, but only if you are up for it.

"I will help if I can...I think I should be able to."
Beatrice said eager to help but she did not look quite up to it, she was not as terrified as before but the kind of fear and pain she had experienced was fatiguing, though the Verbena seamed determined to do her part.
"If it can help that Orphan..."

The vampire will be coming with us, though he will not be allowed in the chantry unless he is confined by the stake. He has agreed to do this.

"We are bringing the nice man who's blood kill Avatars into a Chantry full of mages? Are you sure that is wise Adley?"
Beatrice said and sounded skeptical.
"What will a stake do to a vampire?"

And as a last note, Beatrice if in the morning you can contact the dowser and ask her to go see the Chief tomorrow morning...it seems the Nephandi are using such on us, perhaps we can use it on them as you suggested."

"Julia von Hess? Yes sure I can drop by and see her tomorrow morning, perhaps she can help us find out some more about our unwelcome city guests.
Beatrice said and nodded.

(OOC: Enjoy Strife, and Warp and I am working on a reply for you now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Colin Wednesday:

Coawa nods.
"Yes Garou are werewolves. I do not know if they would be hostile towards you kind mage, but since they also use what you call Nodes it is possible. They are highly likely to be aggressive towards me, the various changing breeds are generally not the best of friends in most cases."
The wereshark said.
"Or so my mother tells me."
Coawa nods and points towards the car.
"I can sense no one following us, there might be off course but I do not feel anyone, we should leave, it is better not to risk a conflict with Garou right now."

Colin Thursday:

Beatrice glanced at Colin and grimaced.
"I wish you would not refer to it as if D'Angelo are attempting to have me...ehm castrated."
The young Verbena said and shuddered.
"However the point is well made we are in an insane situation, how are going to avoid acting strange under such pressure?"
The young Verbena commented.
"However if someone attract allot of Resonance there are certain signs to look for I am told."

Beatrice nodded when Colin said that Mis Florentine's court documents would be in their hands tomorrow, that was good news, then the young Verbena noticed Colin's look when Adley spoke about the vampire and she got a concerned look in her eyes, she wondered what precautionary request the Orphan had to make of Master Morgan, she did not like that look on Colin's face.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:40 am

Colin nodded. "Right, then. Tane, if you agree we're not being followed, we're heading home immediately."

--- Thursday, Dinner ---
Colin shook his head, "Of course, sorry, Beatrice. I'm afraid I could think of no more accurate terms for it... Hmm... There are things by which to recognize resonance build-ups? Actually, I wonder if Bruce could design something with which we could monitor your condition, Adley - something similar to a bracelet with a pulse tracker, perhaps?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:03 am

"It is only a simple stew and bread, I hope you will like it." Beatrice said and smiles. It was only here and Colin who had arrived so far.

"I'm sure it is much better than what I would provide for myself with the time that I have; I meant it when I said it smelled very good. Fresh bread? Very good." He nodded to Colin and took a seat in front of the couch on the floor for the moment.

Colin nodded to Adley, pocketing his monocles again and arching an eyebrow. "If you start behaving strangely? You are being trained as a field commander, of the Hermetic house of battlemages, we're mired in a free-for-all conflict with Technocrats, Nephandi, werebeasts, I've heard tales of vampires, and God only knows what else might decide to throw their lot in for or against any of the factions, we're currently dealing with a Human Resources nightmare that could lead to the magical gelding and, quite likely, death of a friend at the hands of a zealot, and this is largely par for the course. Would you kindly elaborate on how you might be 'acting strangely'?"

"Fair comment," he replied, running a hand through his hair as he tried to characterize it better. These last few days had thrown everything it had at them, it was true. "The high Umbrood shard is of a protector nature and dynamic, so to an extent there will be some similarities in my behaviour and its own - at first. However it is a spirit and as such, of much a purer state than I am and it is different than my avatar. I would expect that those qualities we might share in common would first be enhanced and become more extreme, to protect you all and the chantry. And there is the issue of my Echoes, which may lend a clue, perhaps before physical or other manifestations of quiet or worse. To the extent the echoes have not been much of an issue compared to what some have to deal with, but my general inability to whisper, a carrying voice, changes in my voice when I use magick for example, are examples. If I gain resonance they will likely become more noticeable. They may also vary when I gain different resonances than I have now."

"That sounds extremely risky...It would grieve me greatly to see you come to any harm Adley. Can the rest of us help you in any way with balancing your energies and Resonance Adley?"

"There are things by which to recognize resonance build-ups? Actually, I wonder if Bruce could design something with which we could monitor your condition, Adley - something similar to a bracelet with a pulse tracker, perhaps?"

He frowned a little and then added, "My pater will also be keeping an eye on me and I would learn techniques to forestall imbalance. However I had not thought of an item to do so. That is a good idea, possibly. I do not know if he could do that or not. Has he awakened?" Then he looked between them. "I do not wish to put you all at risk or out of your way for this, so I invite your opinions on the matter. You are my cabal mates. I would not pursue this path without your input knowing it may bring you or the chantry harm.

Frowning, [Colin] added, "I've spoken with Mister Gregario - he's sending the court documents immediately; I or Master Morgan ought to have them in the morning, quite possibly including the data from Madame Telar's scan."

"Good, that is good. Perhaps we will not need to ask then."

Beatrice: "Only two Primi and they ignored evidence...that, well is not that illegal?" The Verbena said she looked quite shocked. "Can the Traditions really sentence someone to Gilgul and not consider all evidence and with only two Primi in attendance, and a member of the Traditions at that, that is just wrong..."

"I think we shall soon see if such is 'legal'..." He gave her a look. "If we can show that there was injustice done in Susanna's case it may also help your own. We can only try. At least we may bring to light what has happened to Susanna."

"It do seam like I have to give her a call though." The young Verbena mutters. "I just hope asking about a scan of her now dead Avatar will not...hurt her, it must be a painful question to get from her...poor woman." Beatrice whispered then she look up at Adley. "You think this can delay D'Angelo? Give me more time?"

"It may, at least it will bring things to a boil in Horizon. I think that our Primus may use it to build support as well, but if you think it is too severe a thing to ask her, then you may try her mentor instead. I do not wish to bring her more harm than has come to her already."

As Adley explained the vampire situation, Colin's face settled in an emotionless expression; an unnerving look under most circumstances. "Half past eight? Will Master Morgan be in his office before then? I know he had a... dinner appointment after he had me formally ranked tonight, but I don't know when he might be back. If possible, I should like to make an unpleasant precautionary request from him before we head out."

"I believe he will be yes however if you need him and tell him I am sure he would come back to take care of what is needed...is there something we should know, Colin?"

"Ehm...a vampire adopted a mage...how could that happen? And there is vampires? I guess I always suspected there where since there are fay, werewolves and dragons but still...a real, flesh and blood undead? That is...both terrifying and amazing."

He frowned. "Oh, yes there are vampires." He frowned, thinking of the massasa. "Assuming he is telling true, he was going to turn this young man into a vampire but when he showed his true self, Tobias tried to incinerate him. He awakened very suddenly and violently. Instead of finding another mage, he tried to raise him himself but could not understand the source of his power. Unfortunately, this turned out poorly for Tobias."

"Vampire blood harms Avatars?" Beatrice whispered her astonishment turned to fear. "I...am not sure I would like to meet such a creature..." "Can the Orphan be saved?"

"That is apparently the case, that the avatar can become addicted to it, but it harms it in the process, eventually diminishing the light altogether. Again, assuming Mr Lenoe is not lying to me, then he did not know this. He only knows that some of us are mages by a process that may be similar to aura-reading. That is how he contacted me, he works at the university. As far as I -know,- he has not caused any difficulties aside from what has transpired with Tobias. Which was that the young man was injured trying to protect him and would have died, so he gave him his blood to heal him, without realising it would cause him this problem. As for if he can be saved, the answer is maybe. If he can overcome the addiction with proper help, which I have asked Master Telar to secure and to be away from vampires."

"Damned that woman seam to be everywhere." Beatrice muttered and sigh. "I will sleep allot better at night when she is dead or captured."

"Indeed."

"I will help if I can...I think I should be able to." Beatrice said eager to help but she did not look quite up to it, she was not as terrified as before but the kind of fear and pain she had experienced was fatiguing, though the Verbena seamed determined to do her part. "If it can help that Orphan..."

"Beatrice, if you are still feeling off it may be better for you to stay here and then help Tobias with his transition. It will not be easy for him and I know you can help. Please honestly ask yourself if you are up for something that may turn out to be rather...difficult before you answer the Chief's request."

"We are bringing the nice man who's blood kill Avatars into a Chantry full of mages? Are you sure that is wise Adley?" Beatrice said and sounded skeptical. "What will a stake do to a vampire?"

"Render him inert. Essentially he will not be able to move anything but his eyes in a state or rigor mortis. There will be other mages that might look for him for what has happened with Tobias - and if not them, Lisa may come back for him. However, Mr Lenoe does possess another talent that may come in handy and that is that he can tell regular mages apart from Nephandi."

"Julia von Hess? Yes sure I can drop by and see her tomorrow morning, perhaps she can help us find out some more about our unwelcome city guests.
Beatrice said and nodded.

"Yes, that is her name. Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:07 am

Colin shook his head, "Of course, sorry, Beatrice. I'm afraid I could think of no more accurate terms for it... Hmm... There are things by which to recognize resonance build-ups? Actually, I wonder if Bruce could design something with which we could monitor your condition, Adley - something similar to a bracelet with a pulse tracker, perhaps?"

Beatrice gave a wry smile though there where worry in her eyes.
"Oh do not apologize perhaps the comparison is not that inaccurate though giving up my reproductive ability would not really harm me, my magick though..."
The young Verbena muttered and her hands shook a little and she quickly jumped to another topic being discussed.
"Well you can recognize Resonance with magick, however after a while you can see it in a mage's behavior and then even body as well, but then it have often gone rather far."
The Verbena muttered.
"Yeah if Bruce know how to work with Quintessence well enough he should be able to make such a device, I am not completely aware of the limits to his abilities though."

"I'm sure it is much better than what I would provide for myself with the time that I have; I meant it when I said it smelled very good. Fresh bread? Very good." He nodded to Colin and took a seat in front of the couch on the floor for the moment.

"Yes it is fresh bead..and thank you Adley."
Beatrice said and smiles a little, accepting the Hermetic' compliment.

"The high Umbrood shard is of a protector nature and dynamic, so to an extent there will be some similarities in my behaviour and its own - at first. However it is a spirit and as such, of much a purer state than I am and it is different than my avatar. I would expect that those qualities we might share in common would first be enhanced and become more extreme, to protect you all and the chantry. And there is the issue of my Echoes, which may lend a clue, perhaps before physical or other manifestations of quiet or worse. To the extent the echoes have not been much of an issue compared to what some have to deal with, but my general inability to whisper, a carrying voice, changes in my voice when I use magick for example, are examples. If I gain resonance they will likely become more noticeable. They may also vary when I gain different resonances than I have now."

"I did not know you had Echos Adley."
Beatrice said thoughtfully, it was a condition some mages suffered from, a general weakness to the myths, qualities and beliefs about magick users, she had suspected that Adley's voice changes could be something like that though, or a Paradox flaw.
"It is difficult then if the Umbrood shard is so much like you for then it is hard to discover the Resonance before it get so pronounced that it harms you."
The young Verbena said in a concerned tone of voice.

Has he awakened?" Then he looked between them. "I do not wish to put you all at risk or out of your way for this, so I invite your opinions on the matter. You are my cabal mates. I would not pursue this path without your input knowing it may bring you or the chantry harm.

"Yes I got a text message a few hours ago that Bruce is out of his Seeking and I invited him here if he feels up to it, I do not know if he is in a epiphany or not right now, and we all know those can be confusing so I do not know if he is coming, I did not ask how his Seeking went, it is not my place to do so."
Beatrice commented then she scratched her head.
"I could probably feel your Resonance with magick, what your Hermetics call Prime is my best Sphere, I could not make a device to do so though if my life depended on it."
The young Verbena smiles a little.
"Could you not balance Dynamic resonance with Static? I mean it involves walking a fine line but the two of them tend to balance once another out."

"I think we shall soon see if such is 'legal'..." He gave her a look. "If we can show that there was injustice done in Susanna's case it may also help your own. We can only try. At least we may bring to light what has happened to Susanna."

"Yes...none one can restore Susannah's Avatar, that is a magickal feat as of yet beyond the abilities of anyone the Traditions know about, but perhaps justice will give her some peace. But can we truly do that? I mean there where two Primi involved...two of the Nine...we are so insignificant next to them, would they not just sweep ours or even Master Morgan's protest of the playing field as if it was nothing?"
Beatrice asked in a concerned tone of voice.

"It may, at least it will bring things to a boil in Horizon. I think that our Primus may use it to build support as well, but if you think it is too severe a thing to ask her, then you may try her mentor instead. I do not wish to bring her more harm than has come to her already."

"I...I do not know, I have never seen anyone who have been...through that ritual...I can not imagine what she must be feeling but I fear such a question might be to much for her."
Beatrice said sadly.
"I think it is best to ask her mentor."

He frowned. "Oh, yes there are vampires." He frowned, thinking of the massasa. "Assuming he is telling true, he was going to turn this young man into a vampire but when he showed his true self, Tobias tried to incinerate him. He awakened very suddenly and violently. Instead of finding another mage, he tried to raise him himself but could not understand the source of his power. Unfortunately, this turned out poorly for Tobias."

"Do he not understand that ehm...supernatural not not mean interchangeable? Granted we call all supernatural beings the Awakened for all are to some degree or another in their own ways, but I doubt that if we found a...ehm...a let us say a wereshark baby I doubt we would do a very good job at training it to be a wereshak. I guess he did not want to abandon the newly Awakened one but from what you said perhaps even that would have been better. Though the survival rates of mages alone..."
Beatrice sigh.
"I hope we can help this young man then."

"That is apparently the case, that the avatar can become addicted to it, but it harms it in the process, eventually diminishing the light altogether. Again, assuming Mr Lenoe is not lying to me, then he did not know this. He only knows that some of us are mages by a process that may be similar to aura-reading.

"Our Avatars can become addicted to their blood? And slowly die from it? Yikes now that is some nightmare fuel right there."
Beatrice commented with a shocked expression on her face.
"Dare I ask what would happen if a mage where to...become a vampire?"
Beatrice asked a bit nervously, she would have to make sure she stayed well away from these creatures she decided.

That is how he contacted me, he works at the university. As far as I -know,- he has not caused any difficulties aside from what has transpired with Tobias. Which was that the young man was injured trying to protect him and would have died, so he gave him his blood to heal him, without realising it would cause him this problem. As for if he can be saved, the answer is maybe. If he can overcome the addiction with proper help, which I have asked Master Telar to secure and to be away from vampires."

"Ah so we have a similar situation as with my cutlery only more severe."
Beatrice muttered then she gave a slight smile as she explained.
"I and Colin was just discussing before you arrived Adley that Tane might bring Coawa with him here, I did not invite the wereshark but the two seams all bit glued together and there is food enough, but all my cutlery are silver, and I was worrying that I might harm a shape changer with it by accident if the legends are true, not to mention my friend over at Riverside you could die from table salts, now there you have Echos. Some Awakened just have weaknesses it is possible to trigger without wanting to."
The young Verbena muttered then she nodded.
"It is good this mage adopted by a vampire have a chance at least."

"Beatrice, if you are still feeling off it may be better for you to stay here and then help Tobias with his transition. It will not be easy for him and I know you can help. Please honestly ask yourself if you are up for something that may turn out to be rather...difficult before you answer the Chief's request."

The young Verbena sigh and looks downs.
"I...can both fight and handle a difficult situation but you are right, I am running on my reserves, giving that sample was...difficult and not so much the pain of it which where brief, but the fear that came before and the way my Avatar reacted, the last time someone touched it...well it was burned, it did not relish being touched again."
Beatrice said and the memory of her Branding made her shudder and she pulled her arms away from the arm rests of the chair she was sitting in instinctively as her body remembered the restraints they had placed her in when Branding her.
"I...I think I can function, I am upset but I can function...but if you think it is better I stand by to help this Tobias I will listen to your advice Adley."
Beatrice said, she sigh and looks down at her hands that now rested in her lap.

"Render him inert. Essentially he will not be able to move anything but his eyes in a state or rigor mortis. There will be other mages that might look for him for what has happened with Tobias - and if not them, Lisa may come back for him. However, Mr Lenoe does possess another talent that may come in handy and that is that he can tell regular mages apart from Nephandi."

Beatrice nodded.
"Yes if he have harmed an Avatar...when that becomes known he is a goner, there are plenty of mages who would want to take him out, and I do not think he deserve to die for what he have done if he truly did not know."
The young Verbena said then she gave a wry smile.
"Ah so that is why I was requested for this task, Chief Morgan want to see if this Vampire can see that I am Fallen?"
Beatrice asked.
"Well if he can tell regular mages from Nephandi then this man might be very useful to us, very useful indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:18 pm

--- Thursday, Dinner ---
Colin nodded sagely, "Echoes, eh? That might explain why you occasionally use your outdoor voice indoors. Alright, so I would guess a predilection for jumping into the line of fire and throwing up shields for others would be one thing you might do in your... influenced state? I'll be certain to be on the lookout for rash behavior. Hm, if you'll excuse me for a moment..."
Colin stepped aside, picked out his phone, and sent a quick message to Morgan, "I hope I am not interrupting your dinner, but as it seems I will be joining a retrieval mission at 8:30, might I requisition the confiscated ammunition as a precaution? If I reached you at an awkward time, I am dreadfully sorry, but the issue seemed urgent."
Colin sighed, hoping that he wouldn't need those bullets.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:03 pm

Beatrice said nothing but she wondered if both Adley and Colin where not already the kind of men who would risk their own lives by jumping into the line of fire to throw up a shield for others, they where both good honorable men, perhaps to good at times.

You get a reply back from Chief Morgan.
"To Mr Colin Wainwright.
Since Mrs Larson have been proven to be hunting for this Massasa and his charge I will authorize it. I will take the ammunition out of storage for you once I return, before the retrieval team leave, do however be very careful Mr Wainwright, it is not sure than even Master Nassa could heal a wound caused by those bullets. Now if you excuse me I have a lovely lady and a good meal waiting.
Be well
Jeffry Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:06 pm

"I did not know you had Echos Adley." Beatrice said thoughtfully...

"As I said, they have not proven to be a concern so far. I have not made a secret of it, my mentor knows of them but I had no cause to explain more about it to you until now."

Colin nodded sagely, "Echoes, eh? That might explain why you occasionally use your outdoor voice indoors. Alright, so I would guess a predilection for jumping into the line of fire and throwing up shields for others would be one thing you might do in your... influenced state? I'll be certain to be on the lookout for rash behavior. Hm, if you'll excuse me for a moment..."

He looked slightly embarrassed but then nodded. "Yes, if you needed someone to sneak around and whisper sweet nothings into ears I am not that one best suited," he said, with a wry smile. "I am not currently influenced but assuming that it may happen, possibly. Though under normal conditions currently, I am not able to shield others with an extension of magick onto them but I might go into battle directly do those things in any case to protect others, yes. This is the tricky part, as you both stated. As I understand more of this Umbrood's nature I will tell you both but as an Umbrood it does have differences to me and my own avatar.  I don't expect you to have to watch me, exactly. Only note that if something seems off to you, to not ignore it. And I still not have decided what to do but I will be taking in both of your reactions to it." Then seeing as he was about to leave without further explanation, he added, "Colin, if you are going to contact my pater can you ask him for some stakes? I'm not sure where those would be kept..."he mused.

"Yes I got a text message a few hours ago that Bruce is out of his Seeking and I invited him here if he feels up to it, I do not know if he is in a epiphany or not right now, and we all know those can be confusing so I do not know if he is coming, I did not ask how his Seeking went, it is not my place to do so."

Adley frowned and fished out his phone to check his messages. "Damn," he muttered "Well, I will send him a reply...let him know we are here," he muttered, tapping away at the screen.

<txt to Bruce: I am glad you are well. We are currently having dinner in B.'s room, if you wish to join us>

"I could probably feel your Resonance with magick, what your Hermetics call Prime is my best Sphere, I could not make a device to do so though if my life depended on it." The young Verbena smiles a little. "Could you not balance Dynamic resonance with Static? I mean it involves walking a fine line but the two of them tend to balance once another out."

He nodded. "Yes, that is the general idea of what I mean by balancing. Luckily, I may have some assistants in that matter." He smiled a little. "The Gate Guardian at Lux Iternis sent its 'children' to ah...help protect the shard. There are a number of small pattern jagglings, very small spirits, now at the chantry. So I shall work with them, which should be a good start. Well, there will be time to discuss this later. It is not as time-critical as the other matters at hand."

Bee: ..."perhaps justice will give her some peace. But can we truly do that? I mean there where two Primi involved...two of the Nine...we are so insignificant next to them, would they not just sweep ours or even Master Morgan's protest of the playing field as if it was nothing?"

"It is not just us, or Susanna now, Beatrice but your mentor, our Primus, Master Telar, Susanna's cabal mates, my own mentor who was in a fuming temper as soon as he found this out...he does not make idle words, Beatrice."

"I...I do not know, I have never seen anyone who have been...through that ritual...I can not imagine what she must be feeling but I fear such a question might be to much for her." Beatrice said sadly. "I think it is best to ask her mentor."

"Very well, if you or Colin could contact him again, see if the information we are getting can include that. It also is quite possible that stirring all this up may affect them. My mentor is trying to see if there is a way that they can get sanctuary here, in the event things become...heated."

"Do he not understand that ehm...supernatural not not mean interchangeable?...I hope we can help this young man then."

Adley spread his hands and sighed. "If he is telling true, I believe he meant well but his ignorance and loneliness have combined to prove ill. He did not know who to contact in mage society, he knows nothing about us. Under the rules of his own, he was afraid that Tobias would be killed or...worse should he meet the vampires who can use sorcery. He did not want them to take him or for him to be killed."

"Our Avatars can become addicted to their blood? And slowly die from it? Yikes now that is some nightmare fuel right there." Beatrice commented with a shocked expression on her face. "Dare I ask what would happen if a mage where to...become a vampire?"

"Apparently so. As for what happens, from what I have learned recently...we cease being a mage when the avatar dies... the avatar extinguishes or shatters, just as if it were gilglulled. And then the mage is left with that emptiness...if they are turned, I would imagine that they become vampires. And I cannot imagine a worse fate then knowing what you have lost for the rest of your immortal life."

"I and Colin was just discussing before you arrived Adley that Tane might bring Coawa with him here, I did not invite the wereshark but the two seams all bit glued together and there is food enough, but all my cutlery are silver, and I was worrying that I might harm a shape changer with it by accident if the legends are true, not to mention my friend over at Riverside you could die from table salts, now there you have Echos. Some Awakened just have weaknesses it is possible to trigger without wanting to."

Adley blinked. "Salt?" Silver possibly affecting a werecreature made sense. Salt, however was everywhere. At least he had nothing nearly so severe. "I have yet to meet either of them, so I do hope they come. I've been asked to discuss chantry manners to them," he said, rubbing an ear.

"I...can both fight and handle a difficult situation but you are right, I am running on my reserves, giving that sample was...difficult and not so much the pain of it which where brief, but the fear that came before and the way my Avatar reacted, the last time someone touched it...well it was burned, it did not relish being touched again.I...I think I can function, I am upset but I can function...but if you think it is better I stand by to help this Tobias I will listen to your advice Adley."

"I understand."

"Yes if he have harmed an Avatar...when that becomes known he is a goner, there are plenty of mages who would want to take him out, and I do not think he deserve to die for what he have done if he truly did not know." The young Verbena said then she gave a wry smile. "Ah so that is why I was requested for this task, Chief Morgan want to see if this Vampire can see that I am Fallen?" Beatrice asked."Well if he can tell regular mages from Nephandi then this man might be very useful to us, very useful indeed."

"That is not the only reason; he previously -also- said that you had an ability with plants and battle magick, plus you are a healer which is always useful. However, seeing how terrified Mr Lenoe is of the Nephandii, it may not be the best time to bait him into seeing if he can tell the differences between you. Although I do believe you would be helpful to Tobias, if Mr Lenoe thinks you are a danger he might attack you and I don't know the extend of his reading ability." He looked at the food and then at Beatrice. "Is it extremely rude of me to ask for some bread? I'm very hungry," he said with an apologetic look.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:09 pm

"As I said, they have not proven to be a concern so far. I have not made a secret of it, my mentor knows of them but I had no cause to explain more about it to you until now."

"Oh no no, I did not mean I think you should have told us Adley, I just found it interesting, I meant no offense."
Beatrice said hurriedly and gave the Hermetic an apologetic smile.

"I am not currently influenced but assuming that it may happen, possibly. Though under normal conditions currently, I am not able to shield others with an extension of magick onto them but I might go into battle directly do those things in any case to protect others, yes. This is the tricky part, as you both stated. As I understand more of this Umbrood's nature I will tell you both but as an Umbrood it does have differences to me and my own avatar. I don't expect you to have to watch me, exactly. Only note that if something seems off to you, to not ignore it.

Beatrice nodded to that, what the Hermetic said made sense.
"I am sure we both will do what we can Adley."
The young Verbena muttered.

"Colin, if you are going to contact my pater can you ask him for some stakes? I'm not sure where those would be kept..."he mused.

Beatrice raised an eyebrow.
"We have a storage of stakes? In either case I do not think we need to bother Master Morgan with that, I have wooden practice daggers would not they do if they are sharpened a bit, they are make of some sort of hardwood as far as I know."
The Verbena rose from her seat and went to open a drawer in her kitchen, she rummaged around in it for a while and came back with two, finely carved wood daggers in a hard, dark brown stock.
"We use these so we will not cut one another to badly when training, but unlike most practice weapons they are fairly pointy to make them feel more like a real weapon."
Beatrice said and tested one of the points with her thumb.
"It should not be needed to do much with these to make the points sharp enough."
Beatrice said and handed the practice daggers to Adley.
"If you need wood with any special qualities or that is harder and more able to hold and edge than natural wood though I could grow some for you."
The blood witch offered.

He nodded. "Yes, that is the general idea of what I mean by balancing. Luckily, I may have some assistants in that matter." He smiled a little. "The Gate Guardian at Lux Iternis sent its 'children' to ah...help protect the shard. There are a number of small pattern jagglings, very small spirits, now at the chantry. So I shall work with them, which should be a good start. Well, there will be time to discuss this later. It is not as time-critical as the other matters at hand."

"Aww, th gate guardian sent it's offspring? I did not know that Umbrood even had children...but then I can neither see nor interact with Spirits so what do I know."
Beatrice said then she gave a slight smile.
"I heard Hildegaard's little apprentice speak about baby spirits outside the Chantry when they passed me in the hallway though, it must have been them.

"It is not just us, or Susanna now, Beatrice but your mentor, our Primus, Master Telar, Susanna's cabal mates, my own mentor who was in a fuming temper as soon as he found this out...he does not make idle words, Beatrice."

Beatrice looked ad Adley then she nodded, she was beginning to feel a bit more hopeful, wheels where in motion and if that many mages where involved, it was not as easy as taking out a widderslainte anymore, there was a chance she could survive this.
"No...no he do not."
Beatrice said and she added a little smile.

"Very well, if you or Colin could contact him again, see if the information we are getting can include that. It also is quite possible that stirring all this up may affect them. My mentor is trying to see if there is a way that they can get sanctuary here, in the event things become...heated."

"We should probably contact them right after dinner then."
Beatrice said then she turned to Colin.
"Should you or I call them?"
The young Verbena said though her voice told that she was still a bit afraid of talking with Susannah.
"Yes if they will become a target, it would be nice if this Chantry could protect them, though seeing...someone that...well seeing them will be rather terrifying, however they do not deserve to suffer any more, they should be protected."

Adley spread his hands and sighed. "If he is telling true, I believe he meant well but his ignorance and loneliness have combined to prove ill. He did not know who to contact in mage society, he knows nothing about us. Under the rules of his own, he was afraid that Tobias would be killed or...worse should he meet the vampires who can use sorcery. He did not want them to take him or for him to be killed."

"There are vampires who can use sorcery?"
Beatrice said her eyes wide with astonishment.
"In either case it sounds like he did what he thought was best but it ended up very wrong."
The young Verbena said and nodded.
"If he is telling the truth."

"Apparently so. As for what happens, from what I have learned recently...we cease being a mage when the avatar dies... the avatar extinguishes or shatters, just as if it were gilglulled. And then the mage is left with that emptiness...if they are turned, I would imagine that they become vampires. And I cannot imagine a worse fate then knowing what you have lost for the rest of your immortal life."

Beatrice turned even paler than she had been.
"That...is horrible."
The blood witch mutters.
"That would be worse than...that ritual...and these creatures can do this to our kind? I...think I will try my best to stay as far away from vampires as I can."
The young Verbena said, she could not hide her fear over what the Hermetic was telling her, did such horrible creatures truly exist? That was just...no wonder mage society had nothing to do with these Awakened.

Adley blinked. "Salt?" Silver possibly affecting a werecreature made sense. Salt, however was everywhere. At least he had nothing nearly so severe. "I have yet to meet either of them, so I do hope they come. I've been asked to discuss chantry manners to them," he said, rubbing an ear.

"Yeah salt, she can not swim in the sea, eat anything with added salt, it is lethal to her, she also have many of the other folklore weaknesses of witches."
Beatrice muttered.
"I can send Mr Karyak a message asking him to bing Coawa with him if you want since you wanted to meet him and there is plenty of food."

Beatrice picked her phone up from the table and sent a message to Tane:
"Mr Kayak we are gathering here in my apartment for dinner, do feel free to bring Coawa with you and come have a meal with us."

"That is not the only reason; he previously -also- said that you had an ability with plants and battle magick, plus you are a healer which is always useful.

"Yes I can use plants as a weapon in a fight, it is pretty vulgar stuff though, think people growing roots into the ground or a briar bush suddenly braking though the asphalt and impaling someone, however if the myth about wood through the heart really works with these creatures I should be able to do that...I will have to remember to bring some seeds with me, I can manipulate plants, I can not create life."
Beatrice explained.

However, seeing how terrified Mr Lenoe is of the Nephandii, it may not be the best time to bait him into seeing if he can tell the differences between you. Although I do believe you would be helpful to Tobias, if Mr Lenoe thinks you are a danger he might attack you and I don't know the extend of his reading ability."

Beatrice swallowed, she did not want to be attacked by a creature that apparently was Gilgul on a stick, in addition Adley's words did make sense.
"Very well, I agree in a tense situation it is probably best not to add something that could spook him and if you think I would be more useful taking care of Tobias then I will do that."
Beatrice said and smiles.

He looked at the food and then at Beatrice. "Is it extremely rude of me to ask for some bread? I'm very hungry," he said with an apologetic look.

Beatrice smiles.
"No you are not rude at all, help yourself, I will go and get you some butter."
The young Verbena said and went to fetch the butter and a knife from her kitchen before she sat down again.
"I hope you will like it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:39 pm

--- Thursday, Dinner --
Colin nodded to Beatrice, "I agree - the wooden training daggers should probably suffice. The folklore and, well, popular culture seems fairly consistent - a useful stake needs two specific properties; it needs to be made of wood, and it needs a pointy end. I suspect a billiards cue would suffice in a pinch, though you might need to break the chalked cap off it first. And should the wooden daggers be deemed inadequate, it's a three-minute job to cut and sharpen a stakes from the blocks in my workshop."
He grinned cheerfully at the reply from Morgan, "And besides, I would really hate to interrupt his date again over some easily procured bits of kindling. As for salt... it's probably the most common supernatural weakness or tool throughout history. Warding circles against assorted incorporeal spirits, tossed in the face of witches to reveal them as such, a little spilled salt thrown over the left shoulder to banish bad luck, and so on. And, of course, it works wonders on mundane slugs, as an extra bonus."
"Regarding Mister Gregario and Miss Florentine... If you wish to call them, you should. If not, I will. If offering them shelter is that urgent, we should make haste, as well. Might not wish to wait until after we've eaten, in fact."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:09 pm

"Actually I would think my daggers would be more useful as they have more of a chance to hit between ribs than then force them apart like a wedge than to have to apply just blunt trauma enough and hope to get it through."
Beatrice commented.
"However if we like Adley said are going to imprison someone with these stakes, someone who is coming with us willingly, making them as sharp as possible is probably the most humane thing we can do, I mean the sharper the less damage is done and the quicker it can be done, I can not imagine being impaled to be comfortable and we do not want to cause more pain than needed."
The young Verbena said.

"Salt yes it is a common tool, but for weakness, yes some Spirits and energies will avoid it but that have more to do with the user's belief in it's effectiveness."
Beatrice commented.
"Here we are more talking the toss in the face of witches part, which for most of us will do nothing but possibly annoy us, I would for example not recommend trying that with my mentor."
The young blood witch said and grinned.
"However to someone with strong Echoes such superstitions often have an effect."

Beatrice considered for a moment then she looked at Colin.
"Would you mind calling them Collin? And you are right it should probably be done sooner rather than later, and since the rest is not here yet perhaps calling them now will be wise."
The young blood witch said then she added in a shameful voice.
"I will talk to them...I will but I have to...man myself up for that."
Beatrice sigh and look down and sigh.
"They do not deserve to be shunned, but...I do not yet have the courage to."
The young Verbena added softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:21 pm

--- Thursday, Dinner ---
Colin nodded and stepped into the kitchen for a bit, calling Micah Gregario again and making a quick mental run-through of the salient points - that the Florentine trial was a kangaroo court proceeding, that the scans by Cita Telar might be vital information, that the D'Angelos might try to suppress the records of that trial, and that they might be safer, at least temporarily, given sanctuary at Steelhaven Hall.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:30 pm

We lost them, but the parasite was being controlled, or at least i suppose so. Commented Tane.
Tane touched Coawa's arm. We'll leave. Let's go to the chantry. But you should still warn them of the Fomorian and the corrupted Mage. ANd warn them not to mystake our Qyrl-smelling girl.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next