Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Adley:

"Perhaps, or not. Has he ever given you anything? A present for example?"

"He did actually."
Danielle said and took of the necklace she was wearing, it was one of the cheap peaces often sold by street vendors, just a pewter pendant in the shape of a cat's paw print on a faux leather cord.
"He gave me this a few months ago."
The ghost girl said and held the pendant out for you so you could see it.

"Goodbye Danielle." He went outside with the Verbena, glancing around and heading for Adjan and the car. "We need to get back home as soon as we can."

Adjan was on the phone and you hear him say.
"Very well I will tell him."
Then he hung up and nodded.
"Very well then let us drop Mr Achermann of at Westchapel then and head right back to Steelhaven...one thing though Adley Mr Rush contacted me looking for you, apparently Master Morgan and some magi from
Lux Itineris have managed to save the Quaesitor...however the Nephandus was killed in the process. I am sure they will have more details at home but your mentor wanted you to know...however Master Morgan was hurt in the operation, though the way I understand it he is going to be okey."
Adjan said in a serious tone of voice.

Colin:

You get most of the work that do not have to be done right before the food is to be served done.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:26 pm

He did actually." Danielle said and took of the necklace she was wearing, it was one of the cheap peaces often sold by street vendors, just a pewter pendant in the shape of a cat's paw print on a faux leather cord. "He gave me this a few months ago."

He looked at the necklace, seeing if there was a prime signature residue on it that he could tell. The boy may have given it to her before the Nephandi found him but it was something. That he was important to Sunday in some way felt possible, given what they knew so far. And if nothing else he might have more information. "This may seem an odd and impertinent request but may I have this? It might help prevent further tragedy. I would not ask for a personal item from you such as this if it were not important."

"Very well then let us drop Mr Achermann of at Westchapel then and head right back to Steelhaven...one thing though Adley Mr Rush contacted me looking for you, apparently Master Morgan and some magi from Lux Itineris have managed to save the Quaesitor...however the Nephandus was killed in the process. I am sure they will have more details at home but your mentor wanted you to know...however Master Morgan was hurt in the operation, though the way I understand it he is going to be okey."

"Dammit, couldn't they even form their own team? Now our Chief of security is hurt...shit. At least we have good news for Mr Padilla. Did he say how bad it was?" He scowled, slamming the door shut and cursing in Latin a moment as he got his seatbelt on. He was of course worried, glad that his pater was not dead but he was also angry, angry that they might be again down in power when it came to Sunday. Then he added in a terse tone, "I have gotten information from Danielle that could prove to be important for what is coming next. Perhaps it is a red herring, but either way we need to find out and fast."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Colin hummed softly to himself, contemplating Adley's phone problems as the food rested... then he quickly washed his hands and picked up his phone, glancing at the clock as he called Freddy. "Freddy, I just had a thought... Are you a good mundane hacker?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:12 am

Adley:

He looked at the necklace, seeing if there was a prime signature residue on it that he could tell. The boy may have given it to her before the Nephandi found him but it was something. That he was important to Sunday in some way felt possible, given what they knew so far. And if nothing else he might have more information. "This may seem an odd and impertinent request but may I have this? It might help prevent further tragedy. I would not ask for a personal item from you such as this if it were not important."

There was no magick on the necklace that you can tell, not at a glance at least, a full analysis might reveal something but there was nothing obvious there.
"I guess...but can I have it back when you are done with it?"
Danielle asked hesitant to part with the necklace.
"I mean it was a gift from a friend."
The Risen still handed the simple necklace to you though she clearly did not like doing that.

"Dammit, couldn't they even form their own team? Now our Chief of security is hurt...shit. At least we have good news for Mr Padilla. Did he say how bad it was?" He scowled, slamming the door shut and cursing in Latin a moment as he got his seatbelt on.

"No he did not say how bad it was Adley, he only said he had been told to inform you that your mentor was hurt, but that he was receiving treatment and would be fine, so I am thinking it is bad enough to mention, but not so mad as to take the Chief out of commission, but that is just my guess off course, we will have to see once we get back to the Chantry."
Adjan said in a sympathetic tone of voice as he started driving.

He was of course worried, glad that his pater was not dead but he was also angry, angry that they might be again down in power when it came to Sunday. Then he added in a terse tone, "I have gotten information from Danielle that could prove to be important for what is coming next. Perhaps it is a red herring, but either way we need to find out and fast."

Adjan nodded.
"Very well I am hurrying back then."
He said and drove as far as the speed limit would allow, it would not do to be arrested.
"If it is important for the safety of the Tribunal gentlemen, there are no need to drop me off at my Chantry first, you can go straight home and then someone can take me back to Westchapel later."
Duncan suggested from the back seat.

Colin:

The clock say 3:15. You call Freddy and she picks up.
"Hi...hum well yes I would say that I am in my own not so humble opinion, why do you ask?"
The Virtual Adept asks.
"Do you need help with something?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:07 am

"I guess...but can I have it back when you are done with it?" Danielle asked hesitant to part with the necklace. "I mean it was a gift from a friend."

"If I can return it, I shall. I know it has meaning to you." He took something out of a pocket, a small pouch and opened it for her to drop it inside. He wasn't sure if it would come to anything or not...nor if her friend was salvageable but there was a chance. A slim, small one while doubt still remained. He knew that Danielle didn't want her friend hurt but the truth was he probably already was hurt. And what would happen Sunday if nothing stopped Lisa...well, whatever it was would be beyond what had already happened to him. He remembered Embra's warning that there was something wrong with him though and frowned. "One last thing, what does he look like?"

"No he did not say how bad it was Adley, he only said he had been told to inform you that your mentor was hurt, but that he was receiving treatment and would be fine, so I am thinking it is bad enough to mention, but not so mad as to take the Chief out of commission, but that is just my guess off course, we will have to see once we get back to the Chantry." Adjan said in a sympathetic tone of voice as he started driving.

"Thank you." It was not the first time he'd been hurt, he reminded himself and it wouldn't be the last.

"If it is important for the safety of the Tribunal gentlemen, there are no need to drop me off at my Chantry first, you can go straight home and then someone can take me back to Westchapel later." Duncan suggested from the back seat.

"I was unsure if we should drive all the way back, as what it concerns me is actually near Danielle. However, you need to be somewhere safe first Mr Achermann. You might get stuck for a while however, there is much going on," he warned. "But I do think it might help save us some time which we do need to conserve. What I found could be important...or it might only pan out so much. But it is new information. Perhaps Mr Padilla can give you a ride later on, he will be glad to hear the news of his relative, I imagine." He then started wondering what had transpired with the planning for Lisa's daughter, if anything. Frowning, he started watching the ride again as he had before.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:16 am

"If I can return it, I shall. I know it has meaning to you." He took something out of a pocket, a small pouch and opened it for her to drop it inside. He wasn't sure if it would come to anything or not...nor if her friend was salvageable but there was a chance. A slim, small one while doubt still remained.

Danielle nodded she hesitantly put the necklace into the pouch.

"One last thing, what does he look like?"

"Well he is fifteen, he is rather lanky and his hair is short and black and untidy like yours. He have a thin nose and lips and brown eyes, his skin i fairly fair. He usually just wears jeans and a tshirt."
Denialle explained.

"Thank you." It was not the first time he'd been hurt, he reminded himself and it wouldn't be the last.

"The Chief is made of stern stuff I am sure he will be alright."
Adjan said and gave you an encouraging smile.

"I was unsure if we should drive all the way back, as what it concerns me is actually near Danielle. However, you need to be somewhere safe first Mr Achermann. You might get stuck for a while however, there is much going on," he warned.

"I can take care of myself Mr Roth Hicks so if there is something near here you need to do, then do not worry about me just get whatever is needed done."
The Verbena said.

he warned. "But I do think it might help save us some time which we do need to conserve. What I found could be important...or it might only pan out so much. But it is new information. Perhaps Mr Padilla can give you a ride later on, he will be glad to hear the news of his relative, I imagine." He then started wondering what had transpired with the planning for Lisa's daughter, if anything. Frowning, he started watching the ride again as he had before.

Duncan nodded.
"I will stay with your for a while then Mr Roth Hicks do not worry I will always find a way home. Are you thinking about what Miss Danielle said about your young mage friend?"
The Verbena asked. Adjan raised an eyebrow.
"Young mage friend?"
He asked then he added.
"Where to? If we are driving somewhere near here than I should change direction perhaps?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:17 am

Colin grinned, "Well, I thought about how Adley lost his phone last night, and one detail added to the next... We cannot scry on Lisa Larson; the best we have managed is to narrow it down to the suburbs. However, she has a mobile phone... If - and it's a big if - it is registered in her own name, do you think you could try to find her number and trace it like the Sleeper police would? Triangulate by means of cell towers? It seems to me it might have a decent chance of functioning, since mobile phone technology is no longer magical, in a manner of speaking, nor is hacking."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:03 am

Colin grinned, "Well, I thought about how Adley lost his phone last night, and one detail added to the next... We cannot scry on Lisa Larson; the best we have managed is to narrow it down to the suburbs. However, she has a mobile phone... If - and it's a big if - it is registered in her own name, do you think you could try to find her number and trace it like the Sleeper police would?

Freddy mulled it over for a while then she said.
"Well yes if the phone is registered in her name or I can get her number in some other way I can track it, well there are ways to prevent it but generally yes I can then track her. That is why it is at time dangerous to use our phones where the Union can get our numbers, because then they can track us."

Triangulate by means of cell towers? It seems to me it might have a decent chance of functioning, since mobile phone technology is no longer magical, in a manner of speaking, nor is hacking."

"I can snope around a bit and see what I can find out, if I can find her number and then see what I can do."
Freddy said then she sigh.
"However cell phone signals are energy and magick can be used to piggy back on that so chances are that she can find us as well if Larson become aware of what I am doing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:10 am

"The Chief is made of stern stuff I am sure he will be alright." Adjan said and gave you an encouraging smile

He nodded. "Yes, of course." It wouldn't do to fret.

"I will stay with your for a while then Mr Roth Hicks do not worry I will always find a way home. Are you thinking about what Miss Danielle said about your young mage friend?"
Adjan raised an eyebrow."Young mage friend?" He asked then he added. "Where to? If we are driving somewhere near here than I should change direction perhaps?"

"Danielle's 15 year old mage friend lives in the apartment complex across from her with his parents. He may be a widderslainte of unknown power targeted by the Nephandi. I'm not sure if they put him through the caul yet but he is supposed to be involved in Sunday's ritual and the Nephandi are coming back for him. However, the area could be under heavy surveillance, it is the middle of the afternoon and his mother may be at the apartment. Assuming he is there himself, getting him to come along back has its risks. Normally I would call in but I don't want the Technocrats to pick him up first, which was why I was going to call on the landline at Westchapel when we dropped you off." Adley picked apart the pro-con but the feeling remained that the kid needed to be brought in before the Nephandi came back. He looked to where the next turnoff would be to tell Adjan, assuming they were about to re-route while they digested what he'd said for a second.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:51 am

He nodded. "Yes, of course." It wouldn't do to fret.

Adjan nodded at that and gave you an encouraging smile.

"Danielle's 15 year old mage friend lives in the apartment complex across from her with his parents. He may be a widderslainte of unknown power targeted by the Nephandi. I'm not sure if they put him through the caul yet but he is supposed to be involved in Sunday's ritual and the Nephandi are coming back for him. However, the area could be under heavy surveillance, it is the middle of the afternoon and his mother may be at the apartment. Assuming he is there himself, getting him to come along back has its risks.

Adjan nodded then he said.
"I see, we it do have both risks and benefits, if we can nab the boy before the Nephandi comes back for him, if this information is correct, well then we can throw a wrench in their ritual or at least disrupt it, and the boy himself might have information for us...getting him to come along however, how where you planning on accomplishing that? He would have no reason to trust us, especially given what the Traditions do to his kind...hopefully though he will not know about that though."
The Euthanatos muttered.

Normally I would call in but I don't want the Technocrats to pick him up first, which was why I was going to call on the landline at Westchapel when we dropped you off."

Duncan nodded.
"Well to Westchapel we go then."

Adley picked apart the pro-con but the feeling remained that the kid needed to be brought in before the Nephandi came back. He looked to where the next turnoff would be to tell Adjan, assuming they were about to re-route while they digested what he'd said for a second.

There was a crossroad coming up that would allow the car to be taken back towards Westchapel, Adjan glances at you in the rear view mirror.
"So do I take of here Adley? Do we go to Steelhaven or to Westchapel or right back to where you said this boy lives?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, if you at least look into the possibilities, rather than go ahead and trace the phone, you could offer the idea to Chief Morgan in the morning; perhaps we could arrange some offsite computer system to use; perhaps an internet café or somesuch."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:46 pm

"Hum...an internet cafe some distance from here, that is actually a very good idea Colin."
Freddy said.
"To bad so many of them are going out of business now that there are broadband everywhere, but I should be able to find one evilly enough. I do not think I will wait for morning enough, I will take this up with Chief Morgan as soon as he is back on his feet, and knowing him that will not be to long."
She said.
"The first step however is to see if I actually can trance her phone, find out if I can find her number, though if it is not listed there is always be brute force method with Entropy, not the most reliable but it could work, for that however I will need some help, I do study Entropy but I am not to good at it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "If you cannot find her number directly, you might be able to locate Hannah Larson's phone number and get call records from there? An automated elimination process of the incoming numbers should be feasible, I believe? That would likely be safer, with no relying on magic. What's this about Chief Morgan needing to get back on his feet? He seemed perfectly fine when I saw him last, just before we went shopping."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:18 pm

"Hum...that I might be able to do yes, hacking the university's records should not be to hard."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I was down in the hall a few moments ago, he had taken part in some sort of scuffle, some of our healers where working on him but it looked like he had taken a fireball or something like that."
Freddy said then she added.
"He as already barking orders though so I have this feeling he is going to be fine."
She said.
"Now as for relying on magick...well we are mages my dear, it is what we do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Colin frowned, "Hm, sounds like he's been on a rescue mission then, for... Ah, well, I'm sure we'll hear more about it later. And yes, we are Mages, but perhaps there's some wisdom in cultivating mundane skills so we can manage should we be in situations where magic is... unadvisable, such as when the Fallen or Technocrats might take notice and do unpleasant things in response."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:26 pm

"Yeah mundane skill have their uses, and yes I guess you are right, there are times when it can be wise to be able to not attract the attention of other mages, it is just that mundane means often are so...impractical compared to just using rotes."
Freddy says.
"And as or Chief Morgan, yes I am sure we will eventually hear more about what have happened eventually, I can not help but be a bit curious though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Colin nodded, "True, magic is often more effective, and more convenient... But mundane methods have the merit of being tried and true, and less liable to unpleasant side effects. It's why we have so many cars and guns in the Chantry, I suppose."
He shook his head, "In any case, I just thought I'd mention the idea to you before dinner; things are shaping up quite nicely here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:42 am

Freddy sat down on her bed as she spoke on the phone.
"Well yes often we have to use mundane means to avoid Paradox, or because it is simply the best solution, I use a gun because A it do not cause me Paradox and B because my offensive magick is not the best, however combining a gun with a rote or two and I can do some damage."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.
"Well I like the idea and will discuss it with the big boys as soon as I have the chance Colin...now as for dinner...I am really looking forward to that."
The young Technomancer said with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:16 am

He was back in his car again with the NWO agent pointing a gun at his head. Fuck it all but overthinking was getting him nowhere and taking them along for the ride. He was a Flambeau, he was supposed to be bold, decisive. Maybe fortune would favour them better that way. Better to do something than not. Catching Adjan’s eyes in the mirror, he said "Let's go check it out, as long as you know it’s risky, Mr Achermann, Adjan. You have until that turn to tell me -no-, taking it brings us toward Westchapel. I will abide.”

// This is looking to be a busy week for me, just FYI I might be a bit slow.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 am

"Checking it out it is then."
Adjan said and found a bus stop to turn the car around in. Duncan smiles to you.
"I am aware there are risk Mr Roth Hicks, but there are risk in every choice I believe it is wise to check this lead out."

Adjan drove the car towards the apartment buildings and parked the car some distance from it, quickly h checked his daggers.
"Let us see if we can talk with the kid, perhaps bring him in, for now we need to know who he is, and how he is involved."
The Euthanatos said as he finished with his knives.

Duncan nodded he to carried a blade you notice, not so strange perhaps he was Verbena though he did not seam to be practicing blood magick, then he just nodded that he was ready.
"Keep in mind this is a residential area gentlemen, and let us hope we do not run into trouble."
The healer said.
"Ok I am ready, I guess we should try to approach the boy in a friendly manner first."

(OOC: No problem real life comes first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:10 am

Colin smiled, "Well, see you in a while, then; bring a healthy appetite."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:01 am

"I always do Colin, I always do."
Freddy said with a laugh.
"I will see you then."
She added before she hung up the phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:09 am

((OOC: Commence the remainder of dinner prep, unless something comes up in the meantime. Also, I'll be off from Thursday to Sunday; in Oslo for Weird Al concert. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:50 am

(OOC: Well Colin is a few hours before Adley then, so it is your choice if you want me to start the dinner with Freddy scene, or wait until Adley catch up in case something he do cause things to happen that Colin might want to react to. Oh and have fun at the concert.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:26 pm

((OOC: I'll wait. I'll keep an eye on things, in any case - from my cell phone, while in Oslo. No need to rush me through things "just to keep me busy". Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next