Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 24 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 am

Friday:

Lily sigh and nods.
"I guess I have never really had much plans for my like, high school, collage, then what, the same life as everyone else? Perhaps a change from that will be good, very good in fact."
The young girl said.
"And it is not like I can stop seeing the spirits and if I have this...gift, I do want to develop it."

"Wait...you went to the spirit world and a ghost gave you a sword to protect the innocent?"
Lily asked her eyes wide.
"Is something like that even possible?"

Saturday:

Coawa nodded.
"The spirit of the house?"
He asked. Alessa glanced around.
"Charmed I am sure, but I take care of myself."
The Ananasi woman said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 24 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:30 am

Colin smiled as Adley seemed to lower his hackles and laugh a little, "No, I don't think that sort of scenario can be made up for with flowers. I believe the normal response to that sort of unfortunate circumstances is to marry a daughter off to someone she's never met and improve trade relations with Poland... Ah, sorry, that's a Scadian joke about women wanting to be treated like a princess. Irrelevant to the concerns at hand."
He stroked his chin, "By the way, how does a Hermes Portal work?"
He shrugged, "My rote is... hm, how to phrase it... Ah, have you ever seen an oil refinery flare? A large chimney-like structure with a fairly impressive fire burning at the top? Pretty much the same thing; my rote attaches to an available source of quintessence - a node, a tass storage, or a spell being unraveled and drained like the Abysmal Fireball at the Umbral Port. As it siphons away the quintessence, it ignites a shard of Primal energy, like the shimmering energy blade I've seen a few people here wield from time to time. The rote continually refreshes that shard, feeds into a blade that only grows stronger and more brutal with every second, with every mote of quintessence poured into the blade... but as soon as the source runs dry, the whole thing simply... fizzles. In essence, all it is at the moment is a very effective safety valve, drawing away available quintessence without the caster needing to touch it personally. And considering how the shard initially looked a lot like a pus-oozing, rotten scar in reality, I'm bloody glad it worked so well like that."
He thought for a moment, "Decapitation... I don't suppose either of you has a kukri I might borrow for this one? You know, the large, curved Gurkha blades? Or perhaps simply a sturdy machete? I'm not claiming to be particularly skilled with either, but I have been given the opportunity to try both - briefly, I'll admit - and I think such a heavy cutting blade might serve me well in a pinch. You know, I'd rather have one and not need it than vice versa."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:01 am

He stroked his chin, "By the way, how does a Hermes Portal work?"

"Well it is a fixed portal really, a permanent link between two places in space. However with the right workings one can link into it and open a portal on our side and exist through it. So it is just a portal, but it would spare Narim some Paradox as he would only need to open a portal on our end, as the exist is fixed over at Morningstar in Chicago."

He shrugged, "My rote is... hm, how to phrase it... Ah, have you ever seen an oil refinery flare? A large chimney-like structure with a fairly impressive fire burning at the top? Pretty much the same thing; my rote attaches to an available source of quintessence - a node, a tass storage, or a spell being unraveled and drained like the Abysmal Fireball at the Umbral Port. As it siphons away the quintessence, it ignites a shard of Primal energy, like the shimmering energy blade I've seen a few people here wield from time to time. The rote continually refreshes that shard, feeds into a blade that only grows stronger and more brutal with every second, with every mote of quintessence poured into the blade... but as soon as the source runs dry, the whole thing simply... fizzles. In essence, all it is at the moment is a very effective safety valve, drawing away available quintessence without the caster needing to touch it personally. And considering how the shard initially looked a lot like a pus-oozing, rotten scar in reality, I'm bloody glad it worked so well like that."

Jeffry grimaced.
"It saved me allot of Jhor that is for sure. You know there was this ancient Necromancer, the Mater of Tremere and Tytalus, she was called Guorna the Fetid, she was apparently vile and cruel towards her apprentices and her nickname, well let us say she is most likely a result of Jhor so I am most greatful not to have attracted much of it."
The old mage said and sigh.
"However you do have a point Mr Wainwright, emptying the Node, while it would not destroy it would make it far less useful for our enemies for a while."

He thought for a moment, "Decapitation... I don't suppose either of you has a kukri I might borrow for this one? You know, the large, curved Gurkha blades? Or perhaps simply a sturdy machete? I'm not claiming to be particularly skilled with either, but I have been given the opportunity to try both - briefly, I'll admit - and I think such a heavy cutting blade might serve me well in a pinch. You know, I'd rather have one and not need it than vice versa."

"No I do not have any of the blades you mention, I tend to favor European swords, especially Northen European ones, I do have a sword you can borrow but taking someone's head off it a sword without training is unlikely."
The old mage said as he glanced over at Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:17 am

Your mentor gave you a sympathetic look, but there where really little more to say about it, the truth was your Avatar could react to seeing it's old host's friend, but that was your burden to bare, all mages faces the consequences of actions, friendships and deeds in earlier lives in some way or another.

He sighed and looked back down at the bread crust, turning it over again and then dropped it onto the napkin in his lap suddenly. He reached out for another napkin and another sandwich instead and continued mowing food down at a considerable rate. "That is why I told you, just in case...there is something. I would not wish to leave you in the dark over why I've suddenly attracted the attention of a Tremere." He shrugged and took a bite of food.

Colin smiled as Adley seemed to lower his hackles and laugh a little, "No, I don't think that sort of scenario can be made up for with flowers. I believe the normal response to that sort of unfortunate circumstances is to marry a daughter off to someone she's never met and improve trade relations with Poland... Ah, sorry, that's a Scadian joke about women wanting to be treated like a princess. Irrelevant to the concerns at hand."

"Rather short on those too I'm afraid, in this life. Easier to find flowers blooming in November than to sprout a daughter, though I wouldn't want them to suffer a political marriage. Anyway...yes, back to the matters at hand."

"Yes, however before we have any idea of where this Abigail is, there is little we can do about her, we do have an idea now as to where Miss Bergen is located though so we can act on that and hope we will reduce the Nephandi influence and save the child in one fell swoop, we also know where this Node is, or we have a pretty good guess so we can start to plan what to do about that, we need more information about Abigail though."

"Grab someone from the apartments and hope they know something on Abigail's likely activities for the evening? First thing's to deal with that, then...Colin and Tyler's information seem to match up, at least. It does look like she has become an important part of the puzzle of Chicago." He looked up at them. "We also have not yet found the linear wizard that assisted with Bergen's little plan and didn't get a chance to 'talk' with him about it, and there was a Master of the art that got it here - from Horizon. Mr Dale's man with the accent, perhaps? "

"We have to do one thing at the time and hope it is enough, once we are done talking here I will put together a team that will go to Chicago and try to free Miss Bergen, as for the Node, using force is difficult, we are talking about an important landmark in the city it is very public and we have no idea how well guarded it is, we might have to try diplomacy over violence this time, but how to do that and get these Masassa to listen to us, that I do not know but I am open to suggestions, both for a diplomatic solution and a more violent one."

"I would assume very well protected, including the additional Nephandi protections. Though we don't have to go inside, which might be a little easier. I'm extremely reluctant to even entertain the idea of offering the vampire Prince a 'better deal'. Mr Lenoe said to stay well away from Prince Lodin and Abigail has had more time to infiltrate them and gain support. Plus, you know, the fact it would be a building full of vampires...you said though that one of the Chicago mages had erm...contacts, perhaps she would know more about the situation than we do. I know Abigail eradicated hunters that had been troubling them, probably as way to get their attention. Not exactly something I would be keen to replicate," he said with a scowl.

"I have considered that mea filius and it is an option, we can affect the Node from the Umbra and go there through it as well. I have never heard of anyone encountering vampires in the spirit world, werewolves yes, ghosts, even some peculiar creatures from Asia that seam to be able to manipulate raw Quintessence as if they where Awakened magi, but vampires no, taking out one party to this of the equation leaving us with the Nephandi. The problem is, the Fallen tend to be strong in the Umbra it being more natural to them than the physical world is."

"If they can have spirit protectors and assistance, so can we. They've chased out a lot of the natural denizens here though, which is very troubling...we don't know what the area around the tower might be like."

"It would not be me, not before I have a chance to rest, I hate to admit it but right now I would be a bad tactical choice."Jeffry said angrily, this was something he did not like to admit. "However once I get a chance to meditate at a Node I should be fine, yes I have attracted some Paradox, but not enough to be in danger, not yet. I will however bring another able to travel the spirit world if we go for such an approach, to be on the safe side."

He nodded at that. "That's a good idea."

"Master Tolle promised Cita he would grant her every resource she needed to heal Miss Alexander, a prisoner is a resource, especially one who have never been a Traditionalist so he officially have no rights by Tradition law." Jeffry said then he glanced at his apprentice. "Cita need donor material from a Fallen, Primordial Avatar to repair the damage to Miss Alexander's soul, much like what she did with what you gave her, but as you do not match Miss Alexander's Essence it would not be a perfect match, and to heal the young Verbena, reducing her healing time from perhaps years to weeks, far larger pieces would need to be used. If Mr Dale have the correct Essence requesting him as a donor would probably be within the boundaries of Master Tolle's promise."

He frowned, troubled by that. "I don't know...first I think that Mr Dale has had rather a raw deal and one that is not going to get any better by poking at his avatar before it is given the rite. Yes, he's a Technocrat but...he has suffered and here he has gone to pain of trying to get us this information. And also...since I gave that part of my avatar, she has shared some of my dreams. She seems to be remembering things from our past lives. I'm hardly an expert on such things like Cita, but it seems that it's having some sort of effect on her. What if giving her a part of another fallen is bad for her? She's not exactly like most widderslainte." He looked worried. "I do want Beatrice to heal of course, I hate seeing her suffering..."

"Yes I do hope so as well, if I am not mistaken as to who Mr Bachmeir's mentor is, he is both powerful and quite respected and should be able to keep his former student safe. It is good that this Ian managed to protect his firend, it would have been a shame if the young man had been killed." The old Hermetic agreed.

"Do you think that he needs help getting out of the hospital? I assume Ian's probably there..." He frowned and then shook his head. "This keeps going from bad to worse."

"Narim have more contacts than you would know, he is a man it is easy to like, and with his mentor...well with his large network I am sure he can figure something out. The problem with acquiring blood for Mr Lenoe have been left with Narim and Miss Day, one of the tricks of delegating is to trust those one have delegated a task to, well to be able to handle it, I am sure I will be told if there is an issue on this front."

"Yes. I trust he will do his best, as will Mrs Day. I trust him."

He shrugged, "My rote is... hm, how to phrase it... Ah, have you ever seen an oil refinery flare? A large chimney-like structure with a fairly impressive fire burning at the top? Pretty much the same thing...In essence, all it is at the moment is a very effective safety valve, drawing away available quintessence without the caster needing to touch it personally. And considering how the shard initially looked a lot like a pus-oozing, rotten scar in reality, I'm bloody glad it worked so well like that."
"However you do have a point Mr Wainwright, emptying the Node, while it would not destroy it would make it far less useful for our enemies for a while."

Adley looked thoughtful. "Interesting. Of course I'm wondering how can we use it to disperse that node...I don't know if it's a wise idea, or how much attention it would gather and it might take a while...but back to Liv, since she seems to be what we can manage to plan around right now. We know she's in Daley Plaza, what apartment she's likely to be in and that there are Technocrats in a nearby building, the Title and Trust top floors. We don't know how strong the protections are, but we know there are Nephandi involved. We thought that Adjan might be good for this last time..." He folded up the napkins into a ball.

"No I do not have any of the blades you mention, I tend to favor European swords, especially Northen European ones, I do have a sword you can borrow but taking someone's head off it a sword without training is unlikely." The old mage said as he glanced over at Colin.

"There is probably someone that has a machete somewhere but whether they want to let you borrow it, knowing what you'll be doing with it," he shrugged. "Like you said, though...rather have it and not need it. That was my first lesson this week."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:08 am

"That is why I told you, just in case...there is something. I would not wish to leave you in the dark over why I've suddenly attracted the attention of a Tremere." He shrugged and took a bite of food.

"I appreciate your candor mea filius, just make sure that you stay safe through all of this."
Your mentor said kindly, he was concerned, but right now there was little he could do to help you with this matter.

"Grab someone from the apartments and hope they know something on Abigail's likely activities for the evening?

Your mentor smiles.
"That is a place to start."

First thing's to deal with that, then...Colin and Tyler's information seem to match up, at least. It does look like she has become an important part of the puzzle of Chicago." He looked up at them. "We also have not yet found the linear wizard that assisted with Bergen's little plan and didn't get a chance to 'talk' with him about it, and there was a Master of the art that got it here - from Horizon. Mr Dale's man with the accent, perhaps? "

"Yes I to think we should go after the girl first and then see where we go from there."
Jeffry said then he finished his food and leaned back in his chair.
"I am planning on having a...talk with Mr Bergen but there have not yet been time. If the man with the accent is who I think he is though than yes he might be the one that assisted with Mr Bergen's plans. The linear worry me though, that is a powerful hedge wizard, we need to find this person before they can do more harm."

"I would assume very well protected, including the additional Nephandi protections. Though we don't have to go inside, which might be a little easier. I'm extremely reluctant to even entertain the idea of offering the vampire Prince a 'better deal'. Mr Lenoe said to stay well away from Prince Lodin and Abigail has had more time to infiltrate them and gain support.

"I tend to agree, dealing with the vampires have to be an absolute last resort if we can not find any other way to deal with the Node."
The old Hermetic said.
"Yes Mr Lenoe did seam to think that this Lodin was far from trustworthy...I would heed his advice if at all possible, however if push come to show I would rather deal with Masassa then with the Nephandi."

Plus, you know, the fact it would be a building full of vampires...you said though that one of the Chicago mages had erm...contacts, perhaps she would know more about the situation than we do. I know Abigail eradicated hunters that had been troubling them, probably as way to get their attention. Not exactly something I would be keen to replicate," he said with a scowl.

"I am planning on having a talk with this woman, a Verbena apparently we seam to be overrun by them, a druidess so another descendant of the Diedne on top of that, but anyway I will see if she will be willing to help us. Now as for hunters, I would stay well clear of them, most mortal hunters is more aggressive towards other Awakened than us, but that do not mean that trouble with them is something we should invite."

"If they can have spirit protectors and assistance, so can we. They've chased out a lot of the natural denizens here though, which is very troubling...we don't know what the area around the tower might be like."

"Yes I know and that is going to be troubling, however none of the options we have for taking care of that Node will be safe. I would like to know what protections the Nephandi have in place though."

He nodded at that. "That's a good idea."

Jeffry just nodded at that.

He frowned, troubled by that. "I don't know...first I think that Mr Dale has had rather a raw deal and one that is not going to get any better by poking at his avatar before it is given the rite. Yes, he's a Technocrat but...he has suffered and here he has gone to pain of trying to get us this information.

"I agree, I would not want that boy to suffer more than he have to. It would be useful to have him as a witness but I am not sure the cost is worth it. Cita's operation would cause him...allot of pain, he do not deserve that."
Your mentor agreed.

And also...since I gave that part of my avatar, she has shared some of my dreams. She seems to be remembering things from our past lives. I'm hardly an expert on such things like Cita, but it seems that it's having some sort of effect on her. What if giving her a part of another fallen is bad for her? She's not exactly like most widderslainte." He looked worried. "I do want Beatrice to heal of course, I hate seeing her suffering..."

"Well you have to remember that Cita have a rather ehm...pragmatic view of Avatars, she is the best we have at dealing with them but she is still a technomancer."
The old Hermetic said diplomatically.
"Yes I am concerned about that to, Miss Alexander have not shown the signs of wanting destruction or violence that most of her kind, even Kyle have, I am not so sure adding something corrupted to her soul will be safe...I am just giving one option for getting Mr Dale her and preventing him from being killed off, I am not saying it was a good idea."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"I to hope Miss Alexander heals."
He muttered.

"Do you think that he needs help getting out of the hospital? I assume Ian's probably there..." He frowned and then shook his head. "This keeps going from bad to worse."

"I think his Cabal probably have that well in hand, Cita will be writing another letter of warning though to make sure they take their precautions, and yes things are turning to shit and quickly."

"Yes. I trust he will do his best, as will Mrs Day. I trust him."

"I do as well."
Jeffry said and nodded.

Adley looked thoughtful. "Interesting. Of course I'm wondering how can we use it to disperse that node...I don't know if it's a wise idea, or how much attention it would gather and it might take a while...

"It would get the attention of everyone able to feel Primal energies for miles, however I do believe the rote should be up to the task."
Jeffry said and sipped his coffee.

but back to Liv, since she seems to be what we can manage to plan around right now. We know she's in Daley Plaza, what apartment she's likely to be in and that there are Technocrats in a nearby building, the Title and Trust top floors. We don't know how strong the protections are, but we know there are Nephandi involved. We thought that Adjan might be good for this last time..." He folded up the napkins into a ball.

"Yes I am thinking of sending Mr Terach, probably one or both of you since I know I can trust you, and possibly one more of the Euthanatoi, that should be a useful team, I do not want the team to get to large, a small group can more easily slip in and out without attracting the attention of the Union."
Jeffry said.
"And Mr Terach do have the ability to bring you all back through the Umbra if need be."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:29 am

Friday:

Seeing things in a different way is one of the things that makes you get awakened. That explains a lot. AS your future... you can get totally out of the normal system of the world and find new ways to win money and do as you like, or you can do normal things. The thing is, you can and you should follow your passions. I myself, for example, am a writter. I have never in my life created an story, i just put some stories the spirits tell me in words and make them stories. I sell that, and the world needs so much the spirit's wisdom that i make good money.
I found a way to get money, help the world, fight the things i don't like and give a voice tot he speechless. You could do something like that, too, aside from the traditional ways.
He explained and encouraged her

Not exactly a ghost, but yes, i did and obviously yes, it's possible. I'm an advanced student on spiritual magic and Prime, that's the face of reality that is translated as the basic manipulation of magickal energy. I simply made my own body out of magickal energy and went there. Easier to say than to do, i was sick for a year from the paradox.

Saturday:

It's primarly so you both don't kill each other. Confessed to both of them But please people... While i'm not around help me to work against this monsters and work together. I can't babysit you both so you don't fight, and we might see some pretty intense things soon. So please... Be careful.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 am

Friday:

Seeing things in a different way is one of the things that makes you get awakened. That explains a lot. AS your future... you can get totally out of the normal system of the world and find new ways to win money and do as you like, or you can do normal things. The thing is, you can and you should follow your passions.

"I guess that is the problem, I do not really know what my passion is, I have been so concerned with being opposed to what my mother want for me that I have forgotten to think about what I want for myself."
Lily said and smiles.
"Hum...so I have the option of having what you call magick as my main profession or have a normal life?"
The young girl asks.

I myself, for example, am a writter. I have never in my life created an story, i just put some stories the spirits tell me in words and make them stories. I sell that, and the world needs so much the spirit's wisdom that i make good money.

"Spirits tell stories?"
Lily asked then she gave a big smile.
"That is a cool job you have Tane, I would love to read some of your stories at some point if you would let me read them."

I found a way to get money, help the world, fight the things i don't like and give a voice tot he speechless. You could do something like that, too, aside from the traditional ways. He explained and encouraged her

"When I was a little girl I wanted to become a vet, to help animals. Perhaps I can use these abilities for that? Perhaps there is a way to learn to communicate with animals, is that possible?"
The young woman asked.

Not exactly a ghost, but yes, i did and obviously yes, it's possible. I'm an advanced student on spiritual magic and Prime, that's the face of reality that is translated as the basic manipulation of magickal energy.

"Wait, wait? Are you saying there are more things that can be done with magick than just talking with spirits?"
Lily asked and sounded quite surprised.
"And what are these magickal energies you talk about?"

I simply made my own body out of magickal energy and went there. Easier to say than to do, i was sick for a year from the paradox.

"Paradox? What is that? And illness? And you became energy? I...well this sounds to fantastical to believe, but I am not going to become my mother and say it is impossible but really that is...well I do not know what to say."
The young woman said her eyes wide with wonder.

Saturday:

It's primarly so you both don't kill each other. Confessed to both of them

"It would not be us killing one another Tane it would be me crushing a bug."
Coawa grunted and Alessa hissed at him.
"Dream on fish soup."
She retorted.

But please people... While i'm not around help me to work against this monsters and work together. I can't babysit you both so you don't fight, and we might see some pretty intense things soon. So please... Be careful.

"We are not children mage, if we fight it will be our choice, not yours."
Alessa said and Coawa nodded his agreement to that.
"But we will not do it in your home and we will not do it before the Formori and my sister is dealt with, that I can promise you, beyond that...well we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it."
The werewspider continued and again Coawa nodded, at least they agreed on some things.
"You be careful as well Tane."
Coawa told you and put a large hand on your shoulder.
"And if you get into any trouble call me and you know I will come and fight at your side my brother, live or die you have my jaws and my strength."
The fera said as he looked at you for a moment before he moved his hand to let you go.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 am

Friday:

Lily wrote:"I guess that is the problem, I do not really know what my passion is, I have been so concerned with being opposed to what my mother want for me that I have forgotten to think about what I want for myself."
Lily said and smiles.
"Hum...so I have the option of having what you call magick as my main profession or have a normal life?"
The young girl asks.

You're young, there's much you've not experienced. Once you try it, you'll know it's your passion. But in any case, that is the first thing you can do about all this, start concerning on what you want for you. And yes, you can be full magick. Imagine doing a favor to an spirit and then you ask it to spy on the lottery so you can win or anything like that. Once you're economically independant you'll be able to do anything else. Or nothing.

Lily wrote:
"Spirits tell stories?"
Lily asked then she gave a big smile.
"That is a cool job you have Tane, I would love to read some of your stories at some point if you would let me read them."

Spirits know things. Spirits see, hear and know things. You turn it a story, you translate it to Human and you voice spirits. Not a great effort, i might say. In any case, yes, i gave a book to a 8 year old girl in the chantry, and told her to leave it in the library, so you can find it there.

Lily wrote:"When I was a little girl I wanted to become a vet, to help animals. Perhaps I can use these abilities for that? Perhaps there is a way to learn to communicate with animals, is that possible?"
The young woman asked.

The ways of the mind can turn you in doctor Dolittle, yes, and the Verbena's art of manipulate life can help you heal. I'm learning to heal spirits, souls, avatars and bodies as much as protecting them. Maybe you could join me.

Lily wrote:"Wait, wait? Are you saying there are more things that can be done with magick than just talking with spirits?"
Lily asked and sounded quite surprised.
"And what are these magickal energies you talk about?"

Ok, wait, didn't i tell you? reality is a song with 9 harmonies. Some would say that 10, but let's not mind that. These 9 are Spirit, which concerns souls, spirits and "dimensions" if you wish, Mind wich controls or manipulates every sapient mind, can put a mind on things and such, Prime that's the control of the basic form of energy that is the base of everything, Forces that refers to all the forces of nature, be it gravity, light, fire or lightning, Matter that is the control of anything material without the soul and the energy, Life that concerns itself with the manipulation of everything that's alive and the form of it, Correspondence that is basicly space, direction, proportion, etc., Time that is the ability to bend time, see ahead or back and the like, and Entrophy that concerns itself with all that has to do with chance, destruction, reincarnation and lack in general, like cold or shadow. This things we call Spheres. The basic energy of the universe is called QUintessence and is the brick and the concrete of existence, the basic song, the notes if you wish of the cosmic song.

Lily wrote:"Paradox? What is that? And illness? And you became energy? I...well this sounds to fantastical to believe, but I am not going to become my mother and say it is impossible but really that is...well I do not know what to say."
The young woman said her eyes wide with wonder.

Paradox is... Tane considered like a sociopathic kindergarten teacher punishing you for leaving the room untidy. It's the reality mankind creates with it's unability to belive in magic attacking back the mage for doing things that, supposedly, are imposible. Sounda like yo' mamma', right? Tane said playfully.

Saturday:

Tane felt like if he was talking to the wall. But then he remembered his wall in fact would answer with a formulaic saying.
Fucking feras.

I know i can count on you, and you know the strenght of a thousand ancestors is just waiting to aid you. You're my brother after all, you know it. And you, Alessa, i count you among my friends, i spect you to be well and work hard so we can clean the city.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 am

Colin nodded, "I think the simplest improvement on the rote would be to add some sort of focusing arrangement and turn it into the equivalent of an automated turret... A continuing series of Primal Bolts shooting wildly into the Prince's courtroom might prove a rather blatant display of why he would not want the Nephandi to have free access to his rooftop... But yes, I expect everyone in Chicago would notice that flare. Tallest building in the city, I think, and crackling with energy... It would likely pull in the Union, as well. Not a good thing to add to a Mexican standoff."
He frowned, "I have no delusions about how easy it is to sever a head in combat. Once the target is incapacitated, though, it should be a simple enough thing; preferably with a heavy blade. Obviously, I should like some fencing lessons in the long run, but no time for that today."
He pondered, "Might it prove faster to go by the shuttle, if we can find it at the Umbra Docks? I didn't precisely have the opportunity to search for it earlier today, but it seems it might be useful to make a faster trip to Chicago than walking would be, even walking through the Umbra..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:11 pm

"I appreciate your candor mea filius, just make sure that you stay safe through all of this." Your mentor said kindly, he was concerned, but right now there was little he could do to help you with this matter.

"I will try," he said. It was a variation of 'be careful' but he knew he was worried. Nothing much this week and been exactly safe, or easy to stay safe, and it was his job to protect other people, or help to do so. Not exactly the safest job even at better times.

Your mentor smiles. "That is a place to start."

"We're going to need more room. Though perhaps we can have Chicago to assist us, there."

"Yes I to think we should go after the girl first and then see where we go from there." Jeffry said then he finished his food and leaned back in his chair. "I am planning on having a...talk with Mr Bergen but there have not yet been time. If the man with the accent is who I think he is though than yes he might be the one that assisted with Mr Bergen's plans. The linear worry me though, that is a powerful hedge wizard, we need to find this person before they can do more harm."

"He might know something about Chicago too, though he or she might not...but at any rate we do need to find them if they're still around."

"Yes Mr Lenoe did seam to think that this Lodin was far from trustworthy...I would heed his advice if at all possible, however if push come to show I would rather deal with Masassa then with the Nephandi."

"Vampires that are already caught in a deal with the Nephandi are a bit more complicated...anyway I'm not sure what we would offer that would be better than what they're offering, as Abigail is apparently offering to try to teach him magick. While she's offering the moon, and we've only got the sun at our disposal..." He shrugged, finishing the other half of his food and coffee.

"I am planning on having a talk with this woman, a Verbena apparently we seam to be overrun by them, a druidess so another descendant of the Diedne on top of that, but anyway I will see if she will be willing to help us. Now as for hunters, I would stay well clear of them, most mortal hunters is more aggressive towards other Awakened than us, but that do not mean that trouble with them is something we should invite."

"Another Diedne? With a vampire?" He looked surprised and given all the shit that had happened it was getting harder to faze him. "Yes, I don't want to deal with hunters, I was using it as an example of Abigail's tactics."

"Yes I know and that is going to be troubling, however none of the options we have for taking care of that Node will be safe. I would like to know what protections the Nephandi have in place though.

"Yes, otherwise we might find ourselves in a world of pain, even if we got over there...Colin, you said that Mrs Von Hess had something planned that might deal with wards, right?"

"Well you have to remember that Cita have a rather ehm...pragmatic view of Avatars, she is the best we have at dealing with them but she is still a technomancer." The old Hermetic said diplomatically. "Yes I am concerned about that to, Miss Alexander have not shown the signs of wanting destruction or violence that most of her kind, even Kyle have, I am not so sure adding something corrupted to her soul will be safe...I am just giving one option for getting Mr Dale her and preventing him from being killed off, I am not saying it was a good idea."

"I will talk to Cita when I get a chance about what's been happening and my concerns...Beatrice is different, Coawa said she was not wholly corrupted and I think that is important to preserve. Of course, Beatrice too should have a say in something like that if she is able to. At any rate, it will only prevent Mr Dale from being dealt with for so long and then Cita will have to go to Horizon, which means she will not be here to care for Tobias or Bee." He sighed.

"I think his Cabal probably have that well in hand, Cita will be writing another letter of warning though to make sure they take their precautions, and yes things are turning to shit and quickly."

"Good."

"It would get the attention of everyone able to feel Primal energies for miles, however I do believe the rote should be up to the task."
Jeffry said and sipped his coffee.
Colin nodded, "I think the simplest improvement on the rote would be to add some sort of focusing arrangement and turn it into the equivalent of an automated turret... A continuing series of Primal Bolts shooting wildly into the Prince's courtroom might prove a rather blatant display of why he would not want the Nephandi to have free access to his rooftop... But yes, I expect everyone in Chicago would notice that flare. Tallest building in the city, I think, and crackling with energy... It would likely pull in the Union, as well. Not a good thing to add to a Mexican standoff."

"I'm fairly certain that would get us bitch-slapped by paradox if it went wrong but aside from that I wonder if a show like that would have the intended effect or just piss off the vampires enough to make their alliance with Abigail's like stronger." He looked thoughtful. "It reminds me of an old Greek war machines, like the Archimedes heat ray. But maybe something a bit more subtle..." Then he looked as if he just remembered something important and dug through is pocket. "Here, Colin..." he said, offering him back the lens he had given him.

"Yes I am thinking of sending Mr Terach...And Mr Terach do have the ability to bring you all back through the Umbra if need be."

"Alright, so what do we need to do to get Liv," he said, sitting up a bit. "Every time we plan too far in advance we end up having to switch our tactic. Hm, we could use a map of the apartment complex in Daley Plaza, and the familiarize ourselves with the area. Weapons fit for the occasion, and we do need more intelligence on the protections of the area..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Colin gave a quick nod, "Yes, Mrs. Von Hess has made something of a breakthrough - she believes herself able to penetrate wards with her scrying. She requires a custom pendulum for it, though, which she has commissioned from me. It will take a few hours of work, at least - preparing the mold to exact measurements, casting the pendulum and doing the finer work on it - and I meant to get started on it just before we had to save the Umbral Port. It won't deal with wards, per se, just circumvent them for information gathering."
He grinned, "I do believe setting up such a rather... blatant display of energy waste would earn me the hairiest of eyeballs from Reality, yes. However, and this is merely a hypothesis at this stage, I might be able to interface the funneling effect with someone else's spell; drain a node to rapidly power up a protective shield or something similar. I have a few ideas for how to make practical use of the quintessence siphoned with the rote, I just don't know how to apply it. Well, except one idea, that is... A little bit of Fate to give someone a very persistent streak of bad luck, constantly fueled by a vast source of power. But that's not a nice thing to do, and would likely require quite a bit of work to set up in the first place."
He accepted the monocle, "Ah, thank you, I was about to ask. I... might have to modify my set; make them a little less specialized for the next version. Now, as far as rescuing Miss Bergen, I would presume handguns and melee weaponry to be best suited. We'll likely be facing Nephandi guards and whatever they've scared up to assist them - probably some spirits of various sorts, I'd wager, they seem to like those - but probably not vampires. Changing folk, perhaps? I think I could cast some silver bullets fairly quickly, but if we're not expecting them, silver might be seriously impractical - too lightweight slugs to properly penetrate..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Tane:

Friday:

You're young, there's much you've not experienced. Once you try it, you'll know it's your passion. But in any case, that is the first thing you can do about all this, start concerning on what you want for you. And yes, you can be full magick. Imagine doing a favor to an spirit and then you ask it to spy on the lottery so you can win or anything like that. Once you're economically independant you'll be able to do anything else. Or nothing.

"Would not asking a spirit to find the right lottery numbers be cheating? I would feel bad if I won money that could have gone to someone that really need it?"
Lily said then she sigh.
"But I guess that one need money to live but still, are there not a danger in doing things like that, one can end up harming others by accident that way it seams."
The young girl said.
"However yes I guess you are right that the first step might be to discover what I want, it is just that no one have ever asked me that before, my mother have a plan for me and expect me to follow it, I have never really considered doing anything but what she want, and the only dream I then could keep was to become a vet, she would have preferred a lawyer or a doctor, but a veterinarian is good enough, if barely in her eyes."

Spirits know things. Spirits see, hear and know things. You turn it a story, you translate it to Human and you voice spirits. Not a great effort, i might say. In any case, yes, i gave a book to a 8 year old girl in the chantry, and told her to leave it in the library, so you can find it there.

"Yes it do seam like the spirits know things, and I guess that they would have things to tell if one know how to listen."
Lily said then she nods.
"I will have to check that book out then. Hum...one question, these spirits, do they think like us, I mean do they have emotions, do they want things, fall in love, get sad or happy, all the things that we do?"
The young mage asked.

The ways of the mind can turn you in doctor Dolittle, yes, and the Verbena's art of manipulate life can help you heal. I'm learning to heal spirits, souls, avatars and bodies as much as protecting them. Maybe you could join me.

"I can learn to talk with animals? That would be cool...hum healing spirits, yeah I think I would like to learn to do that...what area Verbena though? I assume you do not mean the herb."
Lily asked.

Ok, wait, didn't i tell you? reality is a song with 9 harmonies. Some would say that 10, but let's not mind that. These 9 are Spirit, which concerns souls, spirits and "dimensions" if you wish, Mind wich controls or manipulates every sapient mind, can put a mind on things and such, Prime that's the control of the basic form of energy that is the base of everything, Forces that refers to all the forces of nature, be it gravity, light, fire or lightning, Matter that is the control of anything material without the soul and the energy, Life that concerns itself with the manipulation of everything that's alive and the form of it, Correspondence that is basicly space, direction, proportion, etc., Time that is the ability to bend time, see ahead or back and the like, and Entrophy that concerns itself with all that has to do with chance, destruction, reincarnation and lack in general, like cold or shadow. This things we call Spheres. The basic energy of the universe is called QUintessence and is the brick and the concrete of existence, the basic song, the notes if you wish of the cosmic song.

"That...is quite overwhelming, so you are saying that with the right knowledge and training every aspect of reality can be changed and manipulated?"
"That is both awesome and terrifying, if there not a chance that with that kind of power, that one would be tempted to abuse it?"
The girl asked then she gave a grin when you spoke about Quintessence.
"Like the Force in Star Wars then? Or Chi that Eastern philosophers and such speak about?"

Paradox is... Tane considered like a sociopathic kindergarten teacher punishing you for leaving the room untidy. It's the reality mankind creates with it's unability to belive in magic attacking back the mage for doing things that, supposedly, are imposible. Sounda like yo' mamma', right? Tane said playfully.

"Yeah that really do sound like my mother."
Lily said and grimaced.
"So what happens if you get Paradox then? You get sick? Is it dangerous?"
She asked a little concerned.

Saturday:

I know i can count on you, and you know the strenght of a thousand ancestors is just waiting to aid you. You're my brother after all, you know it. And you, Alessa, i count you among my friends, i spect you to be well and work hard so we can clean the city.

Coawa nodded he gave you a big grin.
"Do not let those mages give you shit Tane, you tell them."
He encouraged. Alessa raised an eyebrow.
"Well you and flipper here saved my life so I guess I am at least friendly towards you but no one but my Queen have the right to expect anything of me, however I will work to take down my sister, and as long as our goal is the same I will aid you."
Coawa growled when Alessa called him flipper again and she sent him and overly sweet smile in return.

Adley and Colin:

There was a twinkling in the old Flambeau's eyes, there was something to the stereotype about his House and destructive rotes.
"A Prime bolt gatling gun...now there are a certain poetry to that."
The Hermetic said and grinned then he turned serious.
"Unfortunately yes doing so would almost certainly attract unwanted attention not to mention what sort of Paradox backlash it would cause so let us try something a little less vulgar."
Jeffry said then he added.
"Not that it would not have been fun."

He frowned, "I have no delusions about how easy it is to sever a head in combat. Once the target is incapacitated, though, it should be a simple enough thing; preferably with a heavy blade. Obviously, I should like some fencing lessons in the long run, but no time for that today."

"The problem is more actually getting a vampire incapacitated Mr Wainwright, they are fairly durable creatures."
The old Hermetic said.
"I am sure fencing lessons can be arranged once the current crisis is passed."

He pondered, "Might it prove faster to go by the shuttle, if we can find it at the Umbra Docks? I didn't precisely have the opportunity to search for it earlier today, but it seems it might be useful to make a faster trip to Chicago than walking would be, even walking through the Umbra..."

"Finding the shuttle is not difficult Mr Wainwright, we just ask one of the Umbra dock's personnel where it is, and yes it would be faster than walking...but who is going to pilot it, no one at Steelhaven know how to fly and Umbra ship and bringing in someone from another Chantry...well let us just say that right now I am a little low on trust, so unless you remember enough from your Seeking to actually pilot the shuttle safely, then option might not be viable.

"I will try," he said. It was a variation of 'be careful' but he knew he was worried. Nothing much this week and been exactly safe, or easy to stay safe, and it was his job to protect other people, or help to do so. Not exactly the safest job even at better times.

"Good."
Was all Jeffry had to say to that.

"We're going to need more room. Though perhaps we can have Chicago to assist us, there."

"I do think they will be willing to assist us with that yes."

"He might know something about Chicago too, though he or she might not...but at any rate we do need to find them if they're still around."

"It would be nice if they had information we can use mea filius, but first and foremost we need to take them down because they are a threat to this Chantry, they have attacked us or rather helped in an attack once, I would prefer they not be allowed to do so again."
Jeffry said sternly.
"So yes we need to find them."

"Vampires that are already caught in a deal with the Nephandi are a bit more complicated...anyway I'm not sure what we would offer that would be better than what they're offering, as Abigail is apparently offering to try to teach him magick. While she's offering the moon, and we've only got the sun at our disposal..." He shrugged, finishing the other half of his food and coffee.

"Her promises are false if all I know about the topic is anything to go by it would be impossible for a Masassa to learn out Ars, but off course as long as this Lodin believe in the lie. Yes all we have to offer is the sun...no negotiations is not likely to work, but every avenue have to be considered to find the best way to deal with this situation."

"Another Diedne? With a vampire?" He looked surprised and given all the shit that had happened it was getting harder to faze him. "Yes, I don't want to deal with hunters, I was using it as an example of Abigail's tactics."

"Well at least a Diedne descendant or relative and yes apparently married to a vampire though how that works do not ask me, I do not want to know."
Your mentor said and shook his head.
"Now as for the hunters, for all we know Abigail was manipulating them as well."

"Yes, otherwise we might find ourselves in a world of pain, even if we got over there...Colin, you said that Mrs Von Hess had something planned that might deal with wards, right?"

"Ah yes I have heard something about Mrs Von Hess's plans for how to scry on the Nephandi, that would be most useful for we really need more information for right now we are looking at jumping in blindly."

"I will talk to Cita when I get a chance about what's been happening and my concerns...Beatrice is different, Coawa said she was not wholly corrupted and I think that is important to preserve.

"Hum...it is possible I guess that a small shard of light could have been preserved inside of her Fallen soul, somehow and yes if so then we do not want to disturb that."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"It would explain why she is so different from others of her kind. Yes do talk with Cita about it when you get the chance, get her opinion on the matter, if not Mr Dale then there is after all some chance that we will capture a Nephandus or two before this is done, though they are hard to take down alive, no wonder I guess knowing what we do with them I to would make sure I was not taken alive, however with this massive a infestation chances are there will be prisoners and Primordial Avatars are more common among the Fallen than with other factions, we might as well make a decision about this ahead of time if possible."

Of course, Beatrice too should have a say in something like that if she is able to. At any rate, it will only prevent Mr Dale from being dealt with for so long and then Cita will have to go to Horizon, which means she will not be here to care for Tobias or Bee." He sighed.

"Very true and that would be a problem."
Your mentor said about Cita leaving for Horizon.
"And yes such a solution would be temporary but that is perhaps all we need to gather evidence against the Italian man. However yes it is not a good solution in either case, and certainly not in Mr Dale's best interest."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"I think Miss Alexander would refuse such a treatment outright, first of all I do not think she would want anyone to suffer like that for her, even if it saved her pain and healed her. Secondly I think that she would not deal well with anything being done to her Avatar for a good long while, poor child, I can not imagine her fear, no if left up to her I think she will refuse."
The old mage said in a serious tone of voice.

"I'm fairly certain that would get us bitch-slapped by paradox if it went wrong but aside from that I wonder if a show like that would have the intended effect or just piss off the vampires enough to make their alliance with Abigail's like stronger." He looked thoughtful.

"Mea filius something like that would get us bitch slapped by Paradox if all went well to, it is just the slap would be harder if it went wrong. Hum...yes with such an attack...it would be a deceleration of war, something that would be extremely dangerous and which could drive the Massasa deeper into the Nephandi's arms."

"Alright, so what do we need to do to get Liv," he said, sitting up a bit. "Every time we plan too far in advance we end up having to switch our tactic. Hm, we could use a map of the apartment complex in Daley Plaza, and the familiarize ourselves with the area. Weapons fit for the occasion, and we do need more intelligence on the protections of the area..."

"Yes I am not thinking we should have to detailed a plan. Basically get a map, the public library might have one, then sending the team to Chicago, go to the apartments and examine it, move in as discreetly as possible, eliminate opposition and get the girl, keep it simple. I will be sending with you some tass, weapons though I do not have allot of so that you will have to gather other places."
Jeffry said as he laid out the rough draft for a plan.

She requires a custom pendulum for it, though, which she has commissioned from me. It will take a few hours of work, at least - preparing the mold to exact measurements, casting the pendulum and doing the finer work on it - and I meant to get started on it just before we had to save the Umbral Port. It won't deal with wards, per se, just circumvent them for information gathering."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow then he nodded.
"Good, go and find one of our students of Ars Temporis and get them to create a time bubble for you to make the work go faster, get Mrs Von Hess that pendulum and let us see what information she can gather, we will have to give that some priority as I do not like to go in blind in this."
The old mage ordered.

Now, as far as rescuing Miss Bergen, I would presume handguns and melee weaponry to be best suited. We'll likely be facing Nephandi guards and whatever they've scared up to assist them - probably some spirits of various sorts, I'd wager, they seem to like those - but probably not vampires. Changing folk, perhaps? I think I could cast some silver bullets fairly quickly, but if we're not expecting them, silver might be seriously impractical - too lightweight slugs to properly penetrate..."

"Shapeshifters are highly unlikely, Massasa do not go well with them, Nephandi Awakened or their pawns is likely, Umbroods yes and vampire blood slaves who have some of their master's abilities is likely, so are just plain old sleeper security guards and they are best avoided. Yes Mr Wainwright I would recomend concealable hand weapons, nothing that will stand out to much, this mission will reply on stealth and precision as you will be in a highly populated area, remembers the Protocols...Protect the sleepers for they are ignorant of what they do, I do not want collateral damage and sleeper casualties if I can avoid it, and I do not want trouble with sleeper law enforcement."
The Security Chief warned.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, it was at my support group meeting today and played some MtG and when I got home I could not access the forum for several hours.)

(OOC 2: Tane that is an awesome definition of Paradox. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Colin closed his eyes, and let his memories from the future play across his mind's eye, hands moving as if to flip switches and press buttons, "Engine to power, engage stabilizers one, two, three, four, Close and seal shuttle door, open throttle and direct quintessence flow to vertical thrusters, raise landing gear, plot in course and... full power to main drives"
He opened his eyes, "I believe... I am certain I can pilot her. The insurmountable problem, though, is that my memories of operating the old girl do not include the actual navigation. I could probably perform some highly spectacular acrobatics just clear of the Umbral port - much to any passengers' personal dismay, no doubt - but unless the shuttle has any other destinations stored in the navigational computer, I need someone to point the way."
He nodded, "Actually, send the address to Miss Adelbloom; she's got her feelers on the plaza area as it is. As for my recommendation of handguns and the like - I was thinking as much of Liv Bergen as the surrounding sleepers; we do not want automatic fire and explosives to accidentally hit the hostage, after all. But yes, sleeper law enforcement should not be given a cause for concern; we'd not be able to protect them."
He pondered, "One of our chronomancers... Anyone particular in mind? If possible, I could get some more work done than just the pendant, too, while it sets... Hum, I could have the time to engrave a new Focus, actually. Anything of immediate strategic or tactical value you two can think of needing doing while I'm at it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Colin closed his eyes, and let his memories from the future play across his mind's eye, hands moving as if to flip switches and press buttons, "Engine to power, engage stabilizers one, two, three, four, Close and seal shuttle door, open throttle and direct quintessence flow to vertical thrusters, raise landing gear, plot in course and... full power to main drives"

Jeffry looked at Adley with a puzzled look in his eyes as if to ask his apprentice what in the world Colin was babbling about, the Orphan was certainly...unconventional at times.

He opened his eyes, "I believe... I am certain I can pilot her. The insurmountable problem, though, is that my memories of operating the old girl do not include the actual navigation. I could probably perform some highly spectacular acrobatics just clear of the Umbral port - much to any passengers' personal dismay, no doubt - but unless the shuttle has any other destinations stored in the navigational computer, I need someone to point the way."

"Very well Mr Wainwright, we will try using the shuttle...without impressive acrobatics if you don't mind and if you are sure you can pilot her safely."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"I am already sending Mr Terach, he have a ranking test in the Adept degree of Spirit scheduled, he shall be your navigator."
Jeffry said then he gave Colin a serious look.
"If you are absolutely sure you can do this, there will be allot riding on you remembering your future skills correctly, and your allies will be in the vessel with you, their lives will then be in your hands."

He nodded, "Actually, send the address to Miss Adelbloom; she's got her feelers on the plaza area as it is. As for my recommendation of handguns and the like - I was thinking as much of Liv Bergen as the surrounding sleepers; we do not want automatic fire and explosives to accidentally hit the hostage, after all. But yes, sleeper law enforcement should not be given a cause for concern; we'd not be able to protect them."

"Yes well I do want the young apprentice returned to her Mentor in one piece, if said mentor did not have anything to do with her kidnapping that is. Also remember Mr Wainwright, yes sleeper police caught up in our war might get hurt, but they are also a danger to us, as sleepers their witness causes Paradox, and a bullet kills a mage just as easily as it do a sleeper, not to mention that the Union have their metal claws in law enforcement and an arrested mage are likely to get a visit from agents claiming to be of some high ranking branch or bureau that non have ever heard about before but that non the less checks out and allow them to take over the custody of a certain prisoner, under the cover of secrecy off course. Discretion is key in this operation."
The old mage said sternly.
"However yes having Miss Adlebloom investigate the address Miss Bergen is supposed to be held at is a good idea, let us see what she can find out."

He pondered, "One of our chronomancers... Anyone particular in mind? If possible, I could get some more work done than just the pendant, too, while it sets... Hum, I could have the time to engrave a new Focus, actually. Anything of immediate strategic or tactical value you two can think of needing doing while I'm at it?"

"Creating a time bubble is demanding and always carry the risk of Paradox, even here at this sanctum, what you do while the pendulum have the time to set is up to you, I would probably suggest rest as you do not know when next you will get such a chance, however there have to be an overwhelmingly good reason to extend the duration of the bubble past what is absolutely needed to complete your task."
Jeffry said his stern expression remaining.
"As for who to ask...let me think, Mr Darehill is an Adept of Time, Deaconess Mara is a Master of that art, though finding her is always a challenge, then off course we have Master Stelhaven but he is busy setting up defenses for the Chantry. I am not sure about Miss Gottschalk's rank in Time, I know she have several Adept degrees, but I have not been informed on which ones other than Prime."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Colin nodded, "If we're using it to get to, say, the apartment directly, I'm certain I could maneuver the shuttle quicker than we could walk. I do not know whether it would be as good for a visit to the Sears Tower rooftop, though... Oh, and we'll still need to get to and from the Umbral Port without the shuttle; I seem to recall it as... inconveniently taller than the basement ceiling, and parking it outside the building proper is just not a good idea at all."
He pondered, "The question, then, is which of them would be willing to accompany me outside the Chantry, and into my workshop Sanctum? Hmmm... Well, if there is anything to my family legend, I might actually have some luck with the Deaconess. Or the polar opposite. It is worth asking if I should happen to see her first, at least."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:35 am

It will take a few hours of work, at least - preparing the mold to exact measurements, casting the pendulum and doing the finer work on it - and I meant to get started on it just before we had to save the Umbral Port. It won't deal with wards, per se, just circumvent them for information gathering."

"Still quite incredibly useful, especially given what we're facing."

He grinned, "I do believe setting up such a rather... blatant display of energy waste would earn me the hairiest of eyeballs from Reality, yes. However, and this is merely a hypothesis at this stage, I might be able to interface the funneling effect with someone else's spell; drain a node to rapidly power up a protective shield or something similar. I have a few ideas for how to make practical use of the quintessence siphoned with the rote, I just don't know how to apply it. Well, except one idea, that is... A little bit of Fate to give someone a very persistent streak of bad luck, constantly fueled by a vast source of power. But that's not a nice thing to do, and would likely require quite a bit of work to set up in the first place."

"So, empower their rote. That would also be useful, yes...something like what Master Nassa did with Beatrice the other day, perhaps when he needed her help to do his working?"

"A Prime bolt gatling gun...now there are a certain poetry to that." The Hermetic said and grinned then he turned serious. "Unfortunately yes doing so would almost certainly attract unwanted attention not to mention what sort of Paradox backlash it would cause so let us try something a little less vulgar." Jeffry said then he added."Not that it would not have been fun."

"I always got the impression things were more fun when you were a kid," he said to his mentor, a bit amused. "These days just a single prime bolt is hard enough."

He accepted the monocle, "Ah, thank you, I was about to ask. I... might have to modify my set; make them a little less specialized for the next version. Now, as far as rescuing Miss Bergen, I would presume handguns and melee weaponry to be best suited. We'll likely be facing Nephandi guards and whatever they've scared up to assist them - probably some spirits of various sorts, I'd wager, they seem to like those - but probably not vampires. Changing folk, perhaps? I think I could cast some silver bullets fairly quickly, but if we're not expecting them, silver might be seriously impractical - too lightweight slugs to properly penetrate..."

"Certainly," he said as he handed it over. "Toting around swords is difficult to hide, at least without some additional rotes to hide it or a jacket with magicakally deep pockets. And though June mentioned werespiders, I don't know if they have anything to do with Chicago. It seemed a separate issue, another bit of tidbit she heard. But it shows how wide the Nephandi have been able to cast their net, if nothing else."

"It would be nice if they had information we can use mea filius, but first and foremost we need to take them down because they are a threat to this Chantry, they have attacked us or rather helped in an attack once, I would prefer they not be allowed to do so again." Jeffry said sternly. "So yes we need to find them."

"Who is left that we can get on that, if we're busy dealing with Chicago?" he mused.

"Hum...it is possible I guess that a small shard of light could have been preserved inside of her Fallen soul, somehow and yes if so then we do not want to disturb that." Jeffry said and nodded."It would explain why she is so different from others of her kind. Yes do talk with Cita about it..."I think Miss Alexander would refuse such a treatment outright... if left up to her I think she will refuse."

"There is something different about her, perhaps some of the others I don't know but at least they too fight it. At any rate, yes...I will if I can have a few minutes to do so. And I think she would too, but there is also her mentor to consider." It was frustrating, the lack of time...but at least they'd stopped the port from going up.

"Yes I am not thinking we should have to detailed a plan. Basically get a map, the public library might have one, then sending the team to Chicago, go to the apartments and examine it, move in as discreetly as possible, eliminate opposition and get the girl, keep it simple. I will be sending with you some tass, weapons though I do not have allot of so that you will have to gather other places."

"You make it sound so easy," he said with a wry grin. "It's the move in discreetly part I'm still pondering."

Colin closed his eyes, and let his memories from the future play across his mind's eye, hands moving as if to flip switches and press buttons, "Engine to power, engage stabilizers one, two, three, four, Close and seal shuttle door, open throttle and direct quintessence flow to vertical thrusters, raise landing gear, plot in course and... full power to main drives...
Jeffry looked at Adley with a puzzled look in his eyes as if to ask his apprentice what in the world Colin was babbling about, the Orphan was certainly...unconventional at times.

Adley watched Colin and then looked back at his mentor. "I think he's flying the ship..." He tapped the side of his head to indicate what he meant.

"If you are absolutely sure you can do this, there will be allot riding on you remembering your future skills correctly, and your allies will be in the vessel with you, their lives will then be in your hands."
He pondered, "The question, then, is which of them would be willing to accompany me outside the Chantry, and into my workshop Sanctum? Hmmm... Well, if there is anything to my family legend, I might actually have some luck with the Deaconess. Or the polar opposite. It is worth asking if I should happen to see her first, at least."

"Is it actually easier to go, get the ship from the dock, bring someone here to your Sanctum, all the logistics that have to do with your flying it, or take a walk through the umbra? Plus, if something should happen to it we won't have it later, and they'll know we have an umbral ship, so some of the element of surprise for later is gone. One thing, though it -would- give us protection if there's any spirits that are out there that would attack us...but it would also be a rather obvious target to be attacked in turn." He looked at them both and then stuck the bread crust end into his empty cup of coffee, setting the latter down with a fidgety air. "Ask Freddy to check out the apartment. See if Bergen will finally roll on the hedge wizard. Try to get the pendulum made and if that can get us any information about the apartments and later our other targets. Consider getting the umbral ship and what our final approach will be. We should also see if Mr Terach is still available, and anyone else we want in on this, they might have some good ideas to contribute."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:46 am

Colin nodded, "If we're using it to get to, say, the apartment directly, I'm certain I could maneuver the shuttle quicker than we could walk. I do not know whether it would be as good for a visit to the Sears Tower rooftop, though... Oh, and we'll still need to get to and from the Umbral Port without the shuttle; I seem to recall it as... inconveniently taller than the basement ceiling, and parking it outside the building proper is just not a good idea at all."

"It would need to be parked in the Umbra itself since well taking an Umbral ship into the physical world is begging for trouble. It might be better to go to the apartment by car as we do not know if the place is warded or how, so the best thing if you are using the shuttle is to go to Morningstar, or a nearby Umbral dock, get a car and use it from there."
Jeffry said.

"Very well I will leave that to you Mr Wainwright, just if it is Mara you get to help you make sure she is kept safe from anything made of Iron, we do not need one of our Masters of the Art wounded right now."

"Still quite incredibly useful, especially given what we're facing."

"My thoughts exactly."
Jeffry said with a smile.

"So, empower their rote. That would also be useful, yes...something like what Master Nassa did with Beatrice the other day, perhaps when he needed her help to do his working?"

"Hum...yes well that I think was more that he used more Quintessence than his Avatar could hold and so he needed her to perform his working, leaving both of them drunk on magick."
Jeffry said.
"But yes you can do the same with a rote, flood so much Quintessence into it that it is ripped to shreds."

"I always got the impression things were more fun when you were a kid," he said to his mentor, a bit amused. "These days just a single prime bolt is hard enough."

"Well yes things where indeed more fun back then...however I grew up on Horizon and then at Mus so when I was a child a lived in realms where Paradox really where not an issue as it was the Consensus of the realm not science."
Jeffry said and sadly shook his head.
"Damned Technocracy it is not what they directly do against us that is the worse but that they slowly drive magick from the this realm, every year it is harder for me to remain on earth and sooner or later I will have to go back to Horizon or some other realm where magick is still the ruling Paradigm."
The old mage said then he gave a bit of a smirk.
"It is just that I do not know what is worse, the Paradox on earth or the politicians on Horizon."

Toting around swords is difficult to hide, at least without some additional rotes to hide it or a jacket with magicakally deep pockets. And though June mentioned werespiders, I don't know if they have anything to do with Chicago. It seemed a separate issue, another bit of tidbit she heard. But it shows how wide the Nephandi have been able to cast their net, if nothing else."

"Hum...I really must get around to making you that pocket realm mea filius as soon as I have the time."
Jeffry said then he nodded about the werespiders.
"I have not forgotten about them but we do not even know if they would be affected by silver, and I doubt the Nephandi have many of them or that they would be brought in on the same guard assignment as anyone connected to vampires...not that we can be sure of that off course, we can not be sure about anything."

"Who is left that we can get on that, if we're busy dealing with Chicago?" he mused.

"Master Steelhaven and Narim in addition to whoever of the younger magi they deem fit for the task, Narim is currently investigating our two unwanted guests."

"There is something different about her, perhaps some of the others I don't know but at least they too fight it. At any rate, yes...I will if I can have a few minutes to do so. And I think she would too, but there is also her mentor to consider." It was frustrating, the lack of time...but at least they'd stopped the port from going up.

"Try to arrange it."
Jeffry said he shook his head and sipped his coffee, there was so much to do and so little time to do it.
"As for Master Nassa, he would want the operation is my guess, whatever helps his apprentice and he fears, and so do I, how she will handle months of such agony in addition to the trauma she have already experienced, it might drive her insane or into a Quiet she is not likely to return from, so there is always that danger to consider as well."
The old made said and he sounded concerned.

"You make it sound so easy," he said with a wry grin. "It's the move in discreetly part I'm still pondering."

"Easy no, however in this case I do not think over thinking it will serve us well mea filius."
Jeffry said before he rose to get the coffee pot en refill his cup, he lifted the pot towards you to ask if you wanted any more.
"As for the discretion part very often that you will have to decide as you observe the situation and then find a way to blend in and get to that apartment."

Adley watched Colin and then looked back at his mentor. "I think he's flying the ship..." He tapped the side of his head to indicate what he meant.

"Ah..."
Your mentor said to that as he sat down again, a little smile forming on his lips.

One thing, though it -would- give us protection if there's any spirits that are out there that would attack us...but it would also be a rather obvious target to be attacked in turn."

"Well protection from Umbroods and other dangers in the Umbra are the main reason why one would use such a ship, however it also indeed do make a bigger target."
Jeffry said.

He looked at them both and then stuck the bread crust end into his empty cup of coffee, setting the latter down with a fidgety air. "Ask Freddy to check out the apartment. See if Bergen will finally roll on the hedge wizard. Try to get the pendulum made and if that can get us any information about the apartments and later our other targets. Consider getting the umbral ship and what our final approach will be.

"Yes mea filius that do seam to be our most pressing to do list. I am planning on leaning on Mr Bergen as soon as I get a chance to."
The Security Chief said.

We should also see if Mr Terach is still available, and anyone else we want in on this, they might have some good ideas to contribute."

"Good idea. I will contact Mr Terach, as for others to send, I hear Miss Mundis is now back on her feet if she is strong enough to take part in an mission her combat abilities are quite good, if not I am considering Mr Rush, a healer might be useful. I am also considering sending Miss Adlebloom, her scrying abilities might come in handy."
Jeffry said as he picked up his old, worn cell phone to send a message to Adjan.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 am

Friday:

"Would not asking a spirit to find the right lottery numbers be cheating? I would feel bad if I won money that could have gone to someone that really need it?"
Lily said then she sigh.
"But I guess that one need money to live but still, are there not a danger in doing things like that, one can end up harming others by accident that way it seams."
The young girl said.
"However yes I guess you are right that the first step might be to discover what I want, it is just that no one have ever asked me that before, my mother have a plan for me and expect me to follow it, I have never really considered doing anything but what she want, and the only dream I then could keep was to become a vet, she would have preferred a lawyer or a doctor, but a veterinarian is good enough, if barely in her eyes."

It would be.... Using your resourses. Beyond that, many people cheat worse than that and harm other peope in the process, don't you get bottered for that.

You are yours, Lily. Her frustrated dreams will die with her, and your life will go on, and you'll need to have lived your life. Don't let her drag her.
He advised and almost begged her.

"Yes it do seam like the spirits know things, and I guess that they would have things to tell if one know how to listen."
Lily said then she nods.
"I will have to check that book out then. Hum...one question, these spirits, do they think like us, I mean do they have emotions, do they want things, fall in love, get sad or happy, all the things that we do?"
The young mage asked.

Yes, they feel the same way we do, but have in mind they also feel from the place they are in. A Fire elemental will think and exist and feel as a flame. It might burn to death a baby, but it will not feel bad because maybe it was just eating. It might get happy with a forest fire and sad with a flood, for example.

"That...is quite overwhelming, so you are saying that with the right knowledge and training every aspect of reality can be changed and manipulated?"
"That is both awesome and terrifying, if there not a chance that with that kind of power, that one would be tempted to abuse it?"
The girl asked then she gave a grin when you spoke about Quintessence.
"Like the Force in Star Wars then? Or Chi that Eastern philosophers and such speak about?"

That's exactly what im saying: WIth enough power and instruction, you can alter every aspect of reality.

Many are tempted, many have tried, but that paradox i talked about controls them, and groups like mine control these people too, so it's not so easy in a big scope.

Yeah... if the force can turn into a sandwich, a flower or life itself.

"Yeah that really do sound like my mother."
Lily said and grimaced.
"So what happens if you get Paradox then? You get sick? Is it dangerous?"
She asked a little concerned.

Is better to not take paradox, but if you do it can disipate without problems, you can burn for no particular reason, a gas station might blow up into flowers, a great murderous spirit can attempt to kill you or you can get what we call Echoes. Echoes are a lot of things, but generally are alterations of reality. When i got my sword, i got a big deal of paradox. Then, it went to my skin. My tatoos change place, order, they even move when people look at me by night. THat might go on until i die or stop tomorrow, but it's due to that. So, really, please don't break reality. Not much, anyway.

Saturday:

Please stop calling him flipper. He hated the dolphin back in the aquarium. Not to mention it was a rapist dolphin with an instinct to eat baby sharks
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:50 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "That is the rub, is it not? The shuttle will get us from Boston to Chicago faster than walking, but if we need to travel mundanely from the Chicago port to the target anyway, the Hermetic Portal might be quicker yet, saving us the round trip to the Umbral port here. Someone more familiar with Umbral travel and Chicago needs to do the math on that one."
He considered the layout of his shop and workshop, "I think it would be fairly hard to expose anyone to much iron in my shop... I'd have to open the doors, of course - metal handles - but most of the shop's surface is wood and glass, or wood and ceramics in the workshop itself. She would have to avoid my workbench, obviously; most of my tools themselves contain steel, and I expect that's troublesome enough... but outside of that, there's no exposed iron I can think of."
He took a deep breath, "So, I find someone who can set me up a time bubble in the workshop, make the pendulum and a few other necessities, try to sneak in a catnap, and come back here to see what the ultimate decision on travel arrangements will be?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:26 am

Tane:

Friday:

It would be.... Using your resourses. Beyond that, many people cheat worse than that and harm other peope in the process, don't you get bottered for that.

"I do get bothers when others hurt people as well, but that do not mean I want to add to that and do harm myself."
Lily said softly.
"Though I guess you are right that it would be using a resource I have, still, I am not sure how I feel about using connecting with spirits for personal monetary gain, I mean like you do it is fine but with winning lotteries and such."

You are yours, Lily. Her frustrated dreams will die with her, and your life will go on, and you'll need to have lived your life. Don't let her drag her. He advised and almost begged her.

"I know and I want to live my own life."
The young girl said and sigh.
"But it is not always easy, I mean I love my mother and she love me and I know she is pushing me because she think she know what is best for me, it is just that at times I feel I am living her life and not mine."

Yes, they feel the same way we do, but have in mind they also feel from the place they are in. A Fire elemental will think and exist and feel as a flame. It might burn to death a baby, but it will not feel bad because maybe it was just eating. It might get happy with a forest fire and sad with a flood, for example.

"I think I understand...perhaps...they feel but they are not human and they are whatever type of spirit they are and think from that perspective, not a human one?"

That's exactly what im saying: WIth enough power and instruction, you can alter every aspect of reality.

"That is...incredible..."
Lily muttered.
"Can you do allot of things Tane?"

Many are tempted, many have tried, but that paradox i talked about controls them, and groups like mine control these people too, so it's not so easy in a big scope.

"This Paradox thing is starting to sound more and more scary."
Lily said and widened her eyes.
"Groups like yours control those that would do harm with magick? Do that there are laws among those that can do such things?"

Yeah... if the force can turn into a sandwich, a flower or life itself.

"I am not sure I understand all of this."
The young girl said as she stood at the bus stop with you waiting for the next bus.

Is better to not take paradox, but if you do it can disipate without problems, you can burn for no particular reason, a gas station might blow up into flowers, a great murderous spirit can attempt to kill you or you can get what we call Echoes. Echoes are a lot of things, but generally are alterations of reality. When i got my sword, i got a big deal of paradox. Then, it went to my skin. My tatoos change place, order, they even move when people look at me by night. THat might go on until i die or stop tomorrow, but it's due to that. So, really, please don't break reality. Not much, anyway.

"It sounds like there are some really hefty cost to doing magick then...but I have been seeing spirits since the fire and I have never gotten ill or anything."
Lily said.
"Your tattoos move that is so cool, there is a Marvel Superhero that do that."
The young girl exclaimed.

Saturday:

Alessa sigh then she shrugs.
"Fine..."
She muttered then she glanced at Coawa.
"You where born in an aquarium?"
Coawa nods.
"Yes what about it?"
Alessa shrugs again.
"Ah nothing I just can not imagine a Rokea putting up with being a attraction for humans to gawk at for very long."
The wereshark grinned.
"I an my mother escaped, Tane helped me, and no I will never live in captivity again, if anyone tries to capture me, I will eat them."
He promised and Alessa nodded.
"A sensible sentiment."

Colin:

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "That is the rub, is it not? The shuttle will get us from Boston to Chicago faster than walking, but if we need to travel mundanely from the Chicago port to the target anyway, the Hermetic Portal might be quicker yet, saving us the round trip to the Umbral port here. Someone more familiar with Umbral travel and Chicago needs to do the math on that one."

"The portal is pretty instantaneous, but might carry greater risk, it is no doubt it is faster though."
Jeffry said then he nods.
"Yes well getting around inside a realm, especially a city in an Umbral ship might be impractical."

He considered the layout of his shop and workshop, "I think it would be fairly hard to expose anyone to much iron in my shop... I'd have to open the doors, of course - metal handles - but most of the shop's surface is wood and glass, or wood and ceramics in the workshop itself. She would have to avoid my workbench, obviously; most of my tools themselves contain steel, and I expect that's troublesome enough... but outside of that, there's no exposed iron I can think of."

"I have been told that Mara is about as fay blooded as it gets if a person is still going to be born with a human soul, it is possible the presence of iron itself will weaken her, but then she do not ask Master Nassa to remove his dagger before Council meetings so I think she should probably be fine in your workshop, you will have to ask her though."

He took a deep breath, "So, I find someone who can set me up a time bubble in the workshop, make the pendulum and a few other necessities, try to sneak in a catnap, and come back here to see what the ultimate decision on travel arrangements will be?"

"Yes that would be about it Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Colin nodded and pulled his Chaos Wand from his inner pocket, "Right, then, I will see you in an as yet indeterminate amount of time... I think I will need a bit of luck to find the right help quickly. If you will excuse me..."
He saluted quickly, and stepped outside the office, waving his wand in a quick circle and muttering a simple incantation for a fortuitous encounter with a Chronomancer...

((OOC: Arete roll for an Entropy 2 effect, basically Beginner's Luck kind of thing: 5, 7, 8. Not going for a particularly complex spell with a lot of power behind it, just giving Colin a little nudge in the right direction.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Jeffry nodded.
"Very well, deliver the pendulum directly to Mrs Von Hess if you would be so kind and tell her that any information she van get us will be most helpful."
The old mage said before you left.

As you walk through the Chantry you see Mara O'Connor on her way out of the common room, as usually the woman hardly looked at anyone around her and she seamed to sort of be in her own little world.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Colin picked up his pace a little, only barely raising his voice, "Ah, Lady Mara? A little of your time, if you please?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:48 pm

The Deaconess stopped and turned to look at you, she seamed surprised to be spoken to.
"Mr Wainwright...yes how may I help you?"
The rather large woman said, her eyes seamed to follow something behind your head rather than actually seeing you, and that something seamed to provide a bit of a amusement for she was smiling slightly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Colin bowed smoothly, "Ah, I am in urgent need of a little help; I need to craft a pendulum for Mrs. Von Hess, and fairly urgently at that. Unfortunately, that's several hours' work, and it needs to be done rather sooner than that, as a matter of life and death... Could you be persuaded to accompany me to my workshop Sanctum and give me the time I need for this task?"
He briefly followed her gaze, "Er, is there something following me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next