Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 27 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:21 pm

Colin nodded, "Agreed. Freddy, the bag, if you please?"
He turned and extended his hand to Liv, switching back to Latin, "Come, dear child, and we'll see if we can't get you into a new set of clothes, just in case the Fallen or the vampires have some threads of your old clothes to track you with..."
Then he gently started leading her toward the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 27 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:43 am

Friday:

Tane gave the books to Lily. Ok, you have a lot to read! This is the thing the Hermetics base their ideas on. It's the base of their philosophy, really interesting. he said with a smile. You feel ready to keep going through the place or you're too tired?

Saturday:

The sacrifice will take place tomorrow? He asked, seriously. Why didn't you say that? We have to be ready and prepare a plan for the attack, and if we now know where they are.... We should attack with all we have. Shall i talk with the werepeople now? Ask them to come to a war council?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:12 am

Adley gave a wave back to Colin, glad they were back and all accounted for. Then he waited with Doctor Lee, covering him in the event that the Nephandi woman somehow managed to pull off any stunts. She was awake now, but she still looked very banged up, even as the doctor worked on her he wasn't sure how she was going to do, in the end. He hoped that she might know something though, since they needed to figure out what to do about Abigail as soon as they could. When she started mumbling in that cursed language he caught Richard's look and came over to help, but Francesca was there soon enough, offering to help. She had much better bedside manners and patience than he had to offer at that point, so he was glad for her assistance, but kept alert in case the woman became a threat.

"I will wait here until the security chief arrives to help, then we should all get our heads together," he said to Colin and Freddy as they went to leave with Liv and the two magii.

// and that's jury duty complete for one year!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:22 am

Colin, Richard and Adley:

Colin nodded, "Agreed. Freddy, the bag, if you please?"

Freddy nodded and handed you the bag of corrupted tass.

He turned and extended his hand to Liv, switching back to Latin, "Come, dear child, and we'll see if we can't get you into a new set of clothes, just in case the Fallen or the vampires have some threads of your old clothes to track you with..."
Then he gently started leading her toward the door.

Liv took Colin's hand and let him lead her into Morningstar, she looked around at all the new faces a little nervously, Suku and Eden joined you as well as Freddy.
"If you come with me we have some guest rooms and I will see what I can do about clothes."
She said.
"If the young lady needs a shift as well we have an apprentice around her age at the Chantry I will ask if she have something."

Suku led you up to the second floor and to the right and then down one corridor until she stopped up a room and opened it, the room inside was simple, it had a bed, a small bath room, a shelf, desk, table and two chairs, but just to change in, it would work well and it was neat and clean.
"You can use this room while you are here Sir, or if you prefer wait in on cafeteria while I help Fliss get some fresh clothing for you."

"I will wait here until the security chief arrives to help, then we should all get our heads together," he said to Colin and Freddy as they went to leave with Liv and the two magii.

Freddy nods to Adley before she leaves. Adjan to stays to guard the Nephandus and he looked ready to snap her neck if he had to. Soon the tall slender shape of Morningstar's security Chief appeared followed by a large bald man with ice blue eyes.
"What is the issue here."
Joakim asked then he looked at the prisoner.
"A Nephandus?"
He asked nothing her deformities.
"Theo get Alex or Kristina and tell someone to prepare one of the cells."
The large bald man just nodded and hurried back into the Chantry.

Tane:

Friday:

Tane gave the books to Lily. Ok, you have a lot to read! This is the thing the Hermetics base their ideas on. It's the base of their philosophy, really interesting. he said with a smile. You feel ready to keep going through the place or you're too tired?

Lily took the books and smiles.
"I will read them."
She said then she shook her head.
"I am not tired...are all these people we have met here mages as well, they can do...things?"
She asked.
"I never realized that there where so many."

Saturday:

The sacrifice will take place tomorrow? He asked, seriously. Why didn't you say that? We have to be ready and prepare a plan for the attack, and if we now know where they are.... We should attack with all we have. Shall i talk with the werepeople now? Ask them to come to a war council?

"If rushing in blindly would be effective Tane, we would have already done so, we need information about their defenses and wards. We know to some degree where their Labyrinth is, but that do not mean we are ready to rush in, we need to know more remember when a mage have the time to prepare she is the most dangerous at all, as such being the attacker in a siege against willworkers put one at an enormous disadvantage. However there is a good chance they are not keeping their prisoners at the same place as they are have their main Labyrinth, meaning if we can free their prisoners, we might be able to put a stick in their plans and at the same time perhaps capture prisoners to get information from."
The old Verbena said.
"But yes the time of attack is near so getting in touch with the fera are a good idea and ask if they are willing to help us, have them send a representative here to join in when we plan the attack."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:33 am

Colin nodded, "Yes, the young lady rather needs a new change of clothes... The poor girl has been held captive, and we do not wish to risk her captors being able to track her by the clothes she wears. I don't expect we'll be here long - but could either of you let my colleagues yet in the garage know which room we're borrowing for the interim, in case there's an urgent message?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:47 am

"I see, yes clothing can be a good way to track someone, you just keep a thread from their outfit and then you have an arcane connection to it without it being directly magickal before you use it so it is hard to discover, I will arrange for some new clothes for her."
Suku said and smile.
"I will let your friends know where you are."
She said then she turned to Eden.
"Can you go and find Anita and ask her for a shift of clothing and then tell our other guests where Mrs Wainwright and his friends are?"
She asked and the shy looking young woman nodded and hurried off.
"Is there anything else you need for now Mr Wainwright?"
Your young hostess asks.
"There is a shower in the bathroom and I will come by with clothes for you as well once Felicity find some."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:36 am

Colin shook his head, "I believe we will be good for now... Thank you, and enjoy your movie. Oh, and before I forget..."
He handed her a three business cards, "If any of you three ladies need anything in Boston, feel free to drop by; my shop is open Monday through Friday, but I always have my mobile phone with me."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:58 am

Colin shook his head, "I believe we will be good for now... Thank you, and enjoy your movie.

"Very well Mr Wainwright and thank you, we will, it is just a girl's night out."
Suku said and smiled.

Oh, and before I forget..."
He handed her a three business cards, "If any of you three ladies need anything in Boston, feel free to drop by; my shop is open Monday through Friday, but I always have my mobile phone with me."

Suku took the business cards and smiles then she scribble her own number on a piece of paper and hands it to Colin.
"Thank you Sir, I will get the cards to the others, I am not planing any visit to Boston but you never know and one of my Cabalmates and her mentor have relatives there."
The Dreamspeaker said and smiled.
"Well I should leave you in peace, fresh clothes should be forthcoming soon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Colin bowed politely to Suku, and turned to Liv, smiling and switching to Latin, "Well, then, they should bring some new clothes shortly. Would you like to tell me what happened to you, from before you left your Mentor, or would you prefer to bathe first?" He indicated the bathroom door and produced his notebook and pen, settling down at the table, "Your choice, miss Bergen."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:33 pm

"I am not dirty I bathed this morning and if the information can help it is more important to tell it."
Liv said in the eerily adult manner that some kids, especially those that where given allot of responsibility took on.
"Every Friday I leave my Master's Chantry to go to the nearby pool to swim, I had just left the pool and was hurrying home to catch dinner and then someone grabbed me from behind, then all went dark."
The little girl said and sat down cross legged on the rug on the floor.
"I woke up to some terrible sounds, like if words where being destroyed or small animals killed, I realized that the sounds where people talking. I was afraid for I suspected they where Nephandi but they did not harm me. First I was locked up in a cell with a strange girl a few years older than me and a very ill old man, I could not understand the girl but the man spoke a little Latin he said he was a Son of Ether. A few times I was taken out of the cell and I got to talk with my father over skype. Then after some time, I do not know how much one of those who held me captive came in, they gave me a shot, I did not like it...it hurt and then all went dark again and when I woke up I was in the apartment you rescued me from. Several of those I think are Nephandi have been guarding me, and those who work for the vampire boy. That boy visited me a few times, he ordered that I should be treated well and gave me toys and clean clothes."
The little girl said.
"At first it just looked like he wanted a friend...but I guess that was not what he wanted with me."
She muttered and shivered.
"And that is really all I have to tell Sir."
She said.

Freddy did not understand what the two of you where talking about, but she did stand and found a blanket that she put around the little girl's shoulders.
"Here kid so you do not get cold."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Colin nodded and took notes, giving Freddy a small, grateful smile for the blanket, "I am given to understand your Master lives on Horizon? Or am I mistaken? Also, the Son of Ether, did he give you his name, by any chance? And as a side note... how common knowledge do you think your swimming practice is?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:18 pm

"No my Master live in Turkey in the city of Bursa, though he often visits Horizon, I have been there as well Sir it have two suns, did you know that?"
The little girl asked and smiled.
"I only know the old man's first name he said Uric, he said he had an apprentice but he seamed confused for at times he spoke of her like a little girl my age and then as an adult woman working at an Umbra dock."
Liv said
"He was very ill but kind, the other girl in the cell tended to him."
She said then she added.
"Everyone at the Chantry that would bother with the habits of an apprentice might know that I went swimming of Fridays, it is no secret and many at the Chantry both magi and Custos use that swimming hall, it is fairly popular."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Colin smiled, "I've seen it, twenty years in the future. Haven't visited yet, though, but I'll have to go fairly soon to save a life, I think. A good kid, actually, who just made a couple of mistakes when in a bad place... I think you just might meet soon, too."
He frowned, "Uric, and his apprentice worked... Ah, I've met his apprentice, I believe; unfortunate business... I don't suppose you have any idea where this cell was located? Any clue will help..."
He looked up at Freddy, "Liv was abducted on her way home from swimming, in Bursa, Turkey. She shared a cell with Uric, the mentor of the captive from the Boston Umbra Dock and another girl a few years older than herself. Liv's abduction would be a reasonably simple affair; an easily observable set schedule of Friday swimming. I must admit, the simplicity of grabbing a small girl from behind and drugging her to drag her to America is... surprisingly smooth and subtle, for what we've seen of the Fallen's work to date..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Colin smiled, "I've seen it, twenty years in the future. Haven't visited yet, though, but I'll have to go fairly soon to save a life, I think. A good kid, actually, who just made a couple of mistakes when in a bad place... I think you just might meet soon, too."

"You can see the future Sir? That is neat."
Liv said and grinned.
"You have to save someone? You seam to do allot of that."

He frowned, "Uric, and his apprentice worked... Ah, I've met his apprentice, I believe; unfortunate business... I don't suppose you have any idea where this cell was located? Any clue will help..."

"It was near water for the air smelled salty, we were down in a basement, I do not think we where in the Umbra, the walls where damp and was made of brick."
Liv said.
"I only saw that one cell though so I have no idea where it was, my magick was blocked so I could not use that to find out either."
The little girl said apologetically.

He looked up at Freddy, "Liv was abducted on her way home from swimming, in Bursa, Turkey. She shared a cell with Uric, the mentor of the captive from the Boston Umbra Dock and another girl a few years older than herself. Liv's abduction would be a reasonably simple affair; an easily observable set schedule of Friday swimming. I must admit, the simplicity of grabbing a small girl from behind and drugging her to drag her to America is... surprisingly smooth and subtle, for what we've seen of the Fallen's work to date..."

Freddy nodded.
"Perhaps the Middlemost got all the competent Nephandi and we got the bottom of the barrel."
The Virtual Adept said then she grinned.
"Not that I am complaining. In either case perhaps we can find out where the Etherite and this other captive is being held, for if so getting them out sounds like a good idea to me, no one deserve to remain imprisoned by the Nephandi."
She said then she turned serious.
"Can you ask Liv if she digested any of the vampire's blood for if so we need to deal with that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "More like the future is revealing itself to me without any say on my part. Or maybe my future self is telling me what I need to know to make sure I survive to pass the message back from the future. It gets... complicated. And yes, I seem to be doing a lot of rescues... But then, I was a pilot in the military, and I did so then, too, for a little while."
He pondered and looked up at Freddy, "Could you send a message to the Chief back home; suspect Fallen have hostages in Boston, in basement by the sea. Two hostages besides miss Bergen were there; Uric the Etherite, mentor to our Umbral Port captive, and a girl of perhaps thirteen to fifteen years of age."
He looked back to Liv, "Freddy here had a good question... Did you drink any vampire blood while you were held captive? Or consume anything which could have contained blood?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "More like the future is revealing itself to me without any say on my part. Or maybe my future self is telling me what I need to know to make sure I survive to pass the message back from the future. It gets... complicated. And yes, I seem to be doing a lot of rescues... But then, I was a pilot in the military, and I did so then, too, for a little while."

"My Master can see the future in books."
Liv said proudly.
"You fly helicopters, that is neat, do they fly very fast?"
She asked sounding impressed.

He pondered and looked up at Freddy, "Could you send a message to the Chief back home; suspect Fallen have hostages in Boston, in basement by the sea. Two hostages besides miss Bergen were there; Uric the Etherite, mentor to our Umbral Port captive, and a girl of perhaps thirteen to fifteen years of age."

Freddy nodded and fetched her phone out of her pocket.
"Ok...I am writing it now."
She said.
"The teenage girl, could she be the Marauder we have been looking for?"
She asked as her fingers danced over her smart phone.

He looked back to Liv, "Freddy here had a good question... Did you drink any vampire blood while you were held captive? Or consume anything which could have contained blood?"

Liv look down.
"The boy tried to get me to drink his blood but that is yucky and the scroll inside of me did not like it so I refused, he did not try to force me. I was served regular food though so I guess blood could have been hid in that."
She said and made a grimace of disgust.
"Do you think there was blood in the pasta sauce Sir?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Colin smiled, "Helicopters fly... at varying speeds. It depends on how it was designed; some are built for heavy cargo, others for speed. The ones I'm more familiar with were built for moderate to high speed and a rather violent cargo."
He looked up at Freddy again, "That sounds very plausible, and would help narrow down the location, as well... I don't think she drank any vampire blood, whether knowingly or not."
Looking back at Liv, he continued, "No, I don't think they hid any in the pasta sauce. Your... scroll would likely have complained if they had."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Colin smiled, "Helicopters fly... at varying speeds. It depends on how it was designed; some are built for heavy cargo, others for speed. The ones I'm more familiar with were built for moderate to high speed and a rather violent cargo."

"Are they fun to fly Sir?"
Liv asked and smiles.
"I have been in a plane and a Umbra ship but not in a helicopter."

He looked up at Freddy again, "That sounds very plausible, and would help narrow down the location, as well... I don't think she drank any vampire blood, whether knowingly or not."

"Good the last thing we need is another patient for Master Telar."
Freddy said and shuddered.
"Yes...well I am sending the text now and perhaps we can use this information to find those prisoners and get them back...is there not also a chance that if we get the Marauder then Lady Ceris will be more willing to cooperate with us?"
She asked as she sent the message to Chief Morgan and then put her phone away.

Looking back at Liv, he continued, "No, I don't think they hid any in the pasta sauce. Your... scroll would likely have complained if they had."

"That is good."
Liv said and made a grimace again.
"I do not want to eat vampire blood."
She said and shook her head to show that she really, really did not want to eat it.

As you sit there talking there was a soft tap at the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:27 pm

Colin grinned, "There is a saying among pilots; flying is long stretches of tranquility interrupted by brief moments of excitement. If possible, I could probably take you flying some day. I know where to rent a helicopter for a few hours."
He nodded to Freddy, "If we can get Maya to safety, we might be able to get Lady Ceris to aid us tactically. She is a powerhouse, and in the Umbra, her, hm, paradoxal nature should be less of a problem for us."
He glanced at the door, "Yes? It is open."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Colin grinned, "There is a saying among pilots; flying is long stretches of tranquility interrupted by brief moments of excitement. If possible, I could probably take you flying some day. I know where to rent a helicopter for a few hours."

"I would like that very much Sir if my Master will let me."
Liv said and grinned.

He nodded to Freddy, "If we can get Maya to safety, we might be able to get Lady Ceris to aid us tactically. She is a powerhouse, and in the Umbra, her, hm, paradoxal nature should be less of a problem for us."

"Well any ally against the Nephandi are most welcome love and besides Lady Ceris even if she is a Marauder do seam to be rather stable, she might at least be safer to work with than many of her kind, and what she can do with Paradox would be a real problem for our Fallen friends."
She said.

He glanced at the door, "Yes? It is open."

The door opens and a young girl, perhaps a year or two older than Liv comes into the room, she was very blond with pale skin and blue eyes and wearing a tshirt with horse print and a knee length blue skirt.
"Ehm hello..."
She said with a bit of a smile.
"I am Anita Wargheim apprentice to Martin Hermansønn I wast sent with some clothing."
She said she was carrying a rather large tower of cloth in her thin arms.
"I have some for a man from a guy named Alex, and some of my old clothes and something for a woman as well...where should I put them?"
Anita said she looks at Liv and smiles, children had a tendency to be curious about one another and they where fairly close in age.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Colin bowed, "Thank you; I am Colin Wainwright, and this is Liv Bergen. I believe the lady's outfit is for my lady friend Freddy's Cabalmate, who remained in the garage... I can take the pile here, if you please. Er, I don't suppose you speak Latin? Or perhaps Norwegian or Turkish?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Anita handed you the pile of clothing.
"I speak a little Latin, my Master is trying to teach me. I do not speak Norwegian but I am from Sweden and our two languages are basically like dialects of the same thing in a way."
The young girl said then she smiles to Liv again.
"She do not speak English?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Colin grinned as he sorted out the man's clothes, "Well, why don't you ask her? Freddy, dear? Keep an eye out while I get changed, will you?"
With that, he slipped into the bathroom with the new clothes to change into at least new trousers and shirt.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:01 pm

"What is the issue here." Joakim asked then he looked at the prisoner. "A Nephandus?" He asked nothing her deformities. "Theo get Alex or Kristina and tell someone to prepare one of the cells."

'Yes, she also has serious injuries that need to be attended to by a healer as soon as possible. I have taken the items from her that I could find, but she uses chants in part to do her workings, so be sure she is not allowed to speak. If possible constrain her magick entirely," he explained to Jokakim.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Adley:

"We have two cells that are warded against magick, it can not be used within them without great difficulty, we can take her there."
Joakim said and came over to look at the Nephandus.

Soon another person came hurrying out of the Chantry, a beautiful woman with long black hair, green eyes and wearing a long green dress.
"You sent for me Joakim?"
She asked the hedge wizard and he nodded.
"Yes a wounded prisoner can you do something about it?"
The black haired woman nods she walks over to the Nephandus, Francesca moves so she get some room.
"Hum...how was she injured?"
The woman who is clearly a healer asks.
"Ok let us get her inside and I will do what I can."

Colin:

Colin grinned as he sorted out the man's clothes, "Well, why don't you ask her? Freddy, dear? Keep an eye out while I get changed, will you?"

Freddy gave you a smile and nodded.

Anita walked over to Liv and sat down.
"Hei..."
She told her and after a few moments they where chatting away in a language you did not understand but which had some words similar to English.

With that, he slipped into the bathroom with the new clothes to change into at least new trousers and shirt.

You have gotten a pair of blue jeans, a off white sweater, and a tshirt, the clothes fit you reasonably well. When you where done changing the two child mages where still eagerly talking between themselves where they sat on the rug. Freddy gave you a smile.
"You look dryer love."
She said and grinned.
"Good we can not have you getting sick."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next