Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 28 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Colin snickered, "Colin Wainwright, shrugs off bullets and explosives to the face as though he were auditioning for the role of Superman, but watch him face his nemesis, the dreaded Man-Flu."
He grinned and pulled his jacket on outside the sweater, "It's no bespoke suit, but it will do quite nicely until I can get some new clothes of my own."
He glanced over at Liv and Anita, "Sounds like a less angry, more cheerful cousin of German. Do you understand any of it?"
Switching to Latin, he continued, "Miss Bergen, if you would kindly go change now, and we'll have your old clothes disposed of."
Switching back to English, he added, "Freddy, dear, would you be a sweetheart and run back to miss Mandis with the change of clothes for her? She might be as happy as a drenched cat by now..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 28 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Colin snickered, "Colin Wainwright, shrugs off bullets and explosives to the face as though he were auditioning for the role of Superman, but watch him face his nemesis, the dreaded Man-Flu."

Freddy giggled a little at this.
"Well you know what they say about men getting a cold, no one is more sick than a man with a cold."
She joked.

He glanced over at Liv and Anita, "Sounds like a less angry, more cheerful cousin of German. Do you understand any of it?"

"A word here and there, but not enough to get a grip on what they are talking about."

Freddy said as she watched the two girls talk.

Switching to Latin, he continued, "Miss Bergen, if you would kindly go change now, and we'll have your old clothes disposed of."

Liv nods and stands she smiles to Anita.
"Jeg må gå og skifte klær så ingen kan spore meg med de jeg har på meg."
She says to the other girl and grabs the dress and leggings that was for her and hurry into the bathroom.

Switching back to English, he added, "Freddy, dear, would you be a sweetheart and run back to miss Mandis with the change of clothes for her? She might be as happy as a drenched cat by now..."

"Yes off course, will you play babysitter while I am gone love?"
Freddy said and picked up the shift for Francesca.
"I should go then and give this to Fran."
She said before she headed out of the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:04 pm

"We have two cells that are warded against magick, it can not be used within them without great difficulty, we can take her there."
Joakim said and came over to look at the Nephandus.

"That's good., thank you I wouldn't let her use her hands or speak unless she is being overseen though. First thing is first, move her and then attend to her wounds."

"Yes a wounded prisoner can you do something about it?" The black haired woman nods she walks over to the Nephandus, Francesca moves so she get some room. "Hum...how was she injured?" The woman who is clearly a healer asks. "Ok let us get her inside and I will do what I can."

"She has taken some physical blows and then was captured," he said. "The doctor here can probably describe it better than I, however. We had to bind her take her in the trunk, out of necessity," he added. "Here, let's remove her to the cell," he agreed, moving to help do that. "I would like all the scraps binding her back," he added.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Colin grinned broader, "Well, my drill sergeant in basic training did claim that man-flu was our saving grace; if not for how it renders us completely helpless, we'd go out and do something more stupid than usual and get ourselves killed or mangled. Which is why a sick soldier is a smaller liability on a stretcher than standing up and holding a rifle."
He nodded, "I will keep an eye out here. It will give me a few moments to take notes on a few theoretical exercises, in any case... I'm wondering if I can safely burn the corrupted tass myself, or if I need to pass the duty on to someone stronger. No, I won't touch it without backup present."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Adley:

"That's good., thank you I wouldn't let her use her hands or speak unless she is being overseen though. First thing is first, move her and then attend to her wounds."

"Well no she will be kept in restraints."
Joakim said then he nods.
"Well then Mr...ehm ah Roth Hicks was it and Mr Terach if you could please help carry the prisoner inside."

"She has taken some physical blows and then was captured," he said. "The doctor here can probably describe it better than I, however. We had to bind her take her in the trunk, out of necessity," he added. "Here, let's remove her to the cell," he agreed, moving to help do that. "I would like all the scraps binding her back," he added.

"Hum...you want the scraps back, you are Hermetic or Verbena then?"
The raven haired woman said.
"I should be no problem we have some chains...we need to just get her inside first no one can use magick in those cells, it makes it much harder to try to heal her."
She continued as Adjan gently lifted the Nephandus, resting her head against his shoulder to try to keep it from being jumbled about he might want to kill the woman but doing so meant a child would have to suffer under her Avatar from the time it was born and beside she might have some useful information.

The dark haired healer looked at Richard.
"Blunt force trauma then...very well I might not have the skill of my mentor but in her absence I think I should be able to keep this woman alive, though she might have one hell of a headache, well then if you would follow me."
She said and lead the way out of the garage and towards the Chantry itself.
"My the way my name is Kristina Knox bani Verbena filia Phillipa Arden, I am pleased to make your acquaintances."
The healer said as she lead the group from Steelhaven back into Morningstar.

Colin:

Colin grinned broader, "Well, my drill sergeant in basic training did claim that man-flu was our saving grace; if not for how it renders us completely helpless, we'd go out and do something more stupid than usual and get ourselves killed or mangled. Which is why a sick soldier is a smaller liability on a stretcher than standing up and holding a rifle."

Freddy grinned at that.
"You know your drill sergeant might just have a point about that."
She said.
"Well that being said none of us have time to be sick right now so stay warm and I will be right back."

He nodded, "I will keep an eye out here. It will give me a few moments to take notes on a few theoretical exercises, in any case... I'm wondering if I can safely burn the corrupted tass myself, or if I need to pass the duty on to someone stronger. No, I won't touch it without backup present."

The Virtual Adept gave Colin a stern look.
"You are not touching that tass at all unless you are absolutely sure you can deal with it safely, it is far better if you give it to someone who have experience in dealing with that sort of thing."
She said.
"You do not have to deal with everything yourself Colin, do not put yourself in danger needlessly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Colin nodded, "Unless and until I am certain I can dispose of it safely and I have someone to keep watch over me present, or I hand the bag over to someone better qualified to destroy it, the bag remains closed. I will only be reviewing what I already know of the Sphere of Prime, and make extrapolations and hypotheses based on that; no practical experiments. And any experiments on fueling tass directly into an effect without first... processing it personally will be done with untainted tass. Which, under the circumstances, might be a hard thing to requisition."
He grinned, "Besides, how else would I get experience in that sort of thing, luv? You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, but prepare well enough before you start, you have a good shot at controlling whose eggs take the beating."

((OOC: FFS, the forum's eaten my post THREE times already! Timed out my tail! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:24 am

"Hum...you want the scraps back, you are Hermetic or Verbena then?" The raven haired woman said. "I should be no problem we have some chains...we need to just get her inside first no one can use magick in those cells, it makes it much harder to try to heal her."

"Should you try to heal her wounds outside of it then?" he asked. Then he said, in reference to her first question, "The belt has the benefit of its intended use," he said, a touch wryly but did not elaborate on his faction. No use giving a prisoner anything they might use just in case. "I can of course wait until she is healed first."

She said and lead the way out of the garage and towards the Chantry itself. "My the way my name is Kristina Knox bani Verbena filia Phillipa Arden, I am pleased to make your acquaintances." The healer said as she lead the group from Steelhaven back into Morningstar.

"Thank you for your assistance. You will forgive me for temporary rudeness, I will be glad to introduce myself when the prisoner is contained and her health has been attended to," he said.

// is Joakim still with them? And yikes, the forum is hungry today D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:21 am

(ooc have i missed anything..... pertaining to me.. .been fighting a virus on my computer all day)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:39 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Unless and until I am certain I can dispose of it safely and I have someone to keep watch over me present, or I hand the bag over to someone better qualified to destroy it, the bag remains closed.

Freddy nodded at that.
"Good, be aware thought that once we leave here that bag might make you a target for the Nephandi, they might get attracted by that shitty Tass."

I will only be reviewing what I already know of the Sphere of Prime, and make extrapolations and hypotheses based on that; no practical experiments. And any experiments on fueling tass directly into an effect without first... processing it personally will be done with untainted tass. Which, under the circumstances, might be a hard thing to requisition."

"Well as long as you are not taking and unnecessary chances and are keeping to theory and not practice then all should be fine."
She commented.
"If you actually figure out how to do such a thing it would be quite useful."

He grinned, "Besides, how else would I get experience in that sort of thing, luv? You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, but prepare well enough before you start, you have a good shot at controlling whose eggs take the beating."

"I just do not want to see you broken like an egg love."
Freddy said and put a hand on Colin's shoulder.
"Well then I should find Francesca"
She said and hurried off as soon as she had given Colin one more look.

Liv came out of the bathroom now dressed in a simple purple knee length dress and black leggings, she smiles and hand the clothes she had been wearing to Colin.
"Here Sir you wanted to burn them?"

Adley:

"Should you try to heal her wounds outside of it then?" he asked.

"Inside, there are tall walls around this Chantry but even so it is safer to work magick inside away from any prying eyes."
The Verbena commented.

Then he said, in reference to her first question, "The belt has the benefit of its intended use," he said, a touch wryly but did not elaborate on his faction. No use giving a prisoner anything they might use just in case. "I can of course wait until she is healed first."

"Well yes I suppose your belt have other uses than tying up Nephandi."
The healer said as she group got into Morningstar's lobby Kristina made a motion for Adjan to put the Nephandus down on the star mosaic floor.
"Very well then I will see what I can do for her."

"Thank you for your assistance. You will forgive me for temporary rudeness, I will be glad to introduce myself when the prisoner is contained and her health has been attended to," he said.

"And she can not hear your name? Wise enough, wise enough."
Kristina said as she fetched stones out of a small pouch at her belt and put them in a complex pattern around the Nephandus, mostly rock quarts but also hematite, carnelian, amethyst and a few that was not that easy to identify. Once the grid of crystals was complete the Verbena sat down next to the prisoner and pressed a large, smooth rock crystal to her forehead. About a minute passed without anything happening but then slowly the Nephandus took deeper breaths and color returned to her cheeks, well as much color as someone that affected by Jhor got and she opened her eyes and focused. Kristina pulled away and begun to pick up her stones again.
"She will live, I can do nothing about her arm, I suspect whatever hit her was enchanted or Primium but I have healed her brain...of the physical injuries at least whatever is wrong with her that made her go to the Cauls I think is beyond anyone to fix."
Kristina said and Joakim nods.
"Thank you Mrs Knox, well then we should get her to the cells for now and see if she will talk with us, can she be moved?"
Kristina nodded she dropped her stones back into their pouch and pulled out a dagger instead holding onto it now that the Nephandus was healed.
"Yes, like I said she will have a headache but she should be fine to move, be careful though she is awake and alert."
She warned and Joakim nodded as he reached down and hauled the prisoner to her feet.

Unless anyone protested Joakim lead the way across the entrance hall and towards a door that lead to the basement, there he cross several turns until he get to two small rooms, the rooms where comfortable enough with a bed, a table, a toilet and a sink, though everything was more or less bolted down, these cells was intended for Morningstar's own members when they got into uncontrollable Quiets much like Steelhaven's cell back in Boston.
"Be aware of any of you have not had your magick blocked from you at any point, stepping into this cell will feel...odd to say the least."
Joakim said as he stepped into one of the cells after opening the door and placing the Nephandus on the bed, he was not brutal in the way he handled her, though he was clearly cautious. Once the prisoner was inside he removed her gag and with a frown of disgust handed the rag back to Adley. The Nephandus glared at the mages around her though she still seamed rather confused.
"What the fuck happened? Where am I?"
She demanded in a hoarse voice.

(OOC: Yes Joakim is with you.)

(OOC 2: Ashan Joakim Morningstar's security chief and Kristina a healer showed up and took the Nephandus inside. Kristina asked Richard how the Nephandus got hurt other than that you did not miss anything.)

(OOC 3: Hungry, hungry forum.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:24 am

Richard looks at Kristina...." collateral damage"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:27 am

"Well I am the last person to offer any judgment on that."
The black haired woman said and smiles to Richard.
"Collateral damage happens."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:07 am

Colin smiled and gave Freddy's hand a light squeeze, "You worry perhaps a little too much, luv... I do take risks, true, but I try to avoid taking them when I have a safer option."
As Liv came back out, he nodded, "Yes, help me see if you can find a bag to put them in, would you? And my trousers should go with them - there are bound to be fabric fibers from them back where I got shot. After that... tell me, how much do you know about the Sphere called Prime?"
He started looking around the apartment for a simple plastic bag or something similar - something disposable.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:27 am

"It is hard not to worry about just about everyone these days love...however I do know and I do not want to change you, take the risks you have to Colin, but be careful."
Freddy said and gave the Orphan a bit of a smile before she left.

Liv nodded she turned to Anita.
"Vi må finne en pose til klærne som skal kastes."
She said and the other little girl nodded and the two of them looked around, eventually they would a roll of bags intended for garbage in the bathroom and Liv came back with it holding it towards Colin proudly.
"Will this do Sir?"
She asked and she cocked her head to the side when Colin asked about Prime.
"I am an Apprentice of Prime, Forces and Entropy."
She said and smiled happily.
"So I know a little but I can only use it to sense and see things yet, but my Master says that I am improving quickly."
The little girl said sounding quite proud.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Colin smiled, "That should be excellent. Now we just bundle up the clothes in there - check the pockets for any valuables - and find some place to burn them."
He checked the pockets of his own trousers - not that he expected to find anything there - and chucked them and the shirt into the bag. "Clever girl. I myself am, well... formally ranked as an Initiate of Entropy, and I expect to get my Initiate rank in Prime as soon as there is time for a ranking; I remain technically unranked in everything else, but I do have what seems to be Apprentice capability with Matter, Forces, Time and Correspondence. However, you might have a little more theoretical knowledge of Prime than I do, seeing as you have a Mentor to explain things, so if you don't mind, perhaps I could go over a few ideas with you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Liv nodded she checked the pockets of her dress and came up with two pieces of orange flavored gum but nothing valuable, she held the pieces up to Colin.
"Do we burn these to Sir?"
She asked at bit miffed, one did not just burn candy!
"You are studying allot of Spheres Sir, what Tradition are you? Are you Flambeau?"
The girl said and glanced at Colin's scars, a magickal conflict with fireballs flying could probably do that damage as well.
"Well my Master have me read these big books all the time, but I don't mind I like reading."
Liv said.
"Ok I will try to help with your ideas if I can."
She said happy to be asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Burn candies? I think those would normally be quite safe from tracking, unless they were handmade by a Mage of some sort. If they were purchased in a normal shop, they should be fine."
He smiled, perhaps a bit sadly, "I am of no single Tradition... I am an Orphan, but I am quite alright with that. I've learned most of my abilities from books - though, probably those books were somewhat less intended for formal education than your Master's library. Actually, the Security Chief back at my Chantry suggested that I would have made a fine Tremere, back when they were still a Hermetic House. But that, alas, is not to be, it seems."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:02 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Burn candies? I think those would normally be quite safe from tracking, unless they were handmade by a Mage of some sort. If they were purchased in a normal shop, they should be fine."

"No they are bought in a store I think."
The little girl said and smiles then she looked at Anita.
"Can I share them with my new friend then Sir?"

He smiled, perhaps a bit sadly, "I am of no single Tradition... I am an Orphan, but I am quite alright with that. I've learned most of my abilities from books - though, probably those books were somewhat less intended for formal education than your Master's library. Actually, the Security Chief back at my Chantry suggested that I would have made a fine Tremere, back when they were still a Hermetic House. But that, alas, is not to be, it seems."

"That is alright, we have two Orphans in my Master's Chantry and one who are from a Craft."
Liv said then she looked a little confused.
"I do not know allot about House Tremere Sir, only that they where a House that fell from the original Order, I have not been allowed to read allot about them my Master say that I have to wait that their story is not for little girls."
Liv said and grimaced.
"I am however not that that little am I?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Colin nodded, "That would be up to you... And your Mentor is probably right, the tale of the Tremere is not a happy one. And their tale is not over, either, I'm afraid... Hopefully, though, you won't encounter them again, or at least, not for a long time. You came close enough to... well, best not dwell on that. Let us rather discuss a more cheerful topic."
He grimaced a little and turned the page to make a few notes, and gently pulled off his signet ring, "If you look at the signet here, I made this as a Focus for the Sphere of Prime. I initially used this octagram to focus, to help shake loose my system, as it were. I've since figured out how to create an effect to draw out available quintessence into a spell without it going through me. Very useful for creating a safety valve for unpleasant quintessence, such as highly Entropic types."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:34 pm

"Well I am the last person to offer any judgment on that." The black haired woman said and smiles to Richard. "Collateral damage happens.
Richard looks at Kristina...." collateral damage"

Adley looked at Richard briefly with a keen glance and a frown. From what it had looked like to him, from what Colin had said, the attack was anything -but- unintended, but he didn't say anything, focusing on what they had to do now.

"Inside, there are tall walls around this Chantry but even so it is safer to work magick inside away from any prying eyes."
The Verbena commented.

"As you wish," he said. Though he'd meant outside the cell but either way she'd know where best suited so he followed the others. He looked at Adjan to see if he needed help carrying the woman, otherwise staying alert as he could. Surreptitiously, he checked the time to get an idea how much time he had left. There had been word that these Nephandi were going to move around 7, he recalled from the one in the bathtub and he hoped to have something for Tyler when she woke up. Which would be soon. He turned to Joakim and requested, "After this is taken care of I will need to see the rest of my people and have a secure place to speak. And we should talk about what happened. But first this."

"And she can not hear your name? Wise enough, wise enough." Kristina said as she fetched stones out of a small pouch...

He didn't answer but it was true enough. Even a part of his shadow name was not something he wanted a Nephandi to have and there wasn't any reason to give her anything to work with at all.  He followed along, seeing which way the chantry was laid out and where they were going, wondering where Colin and the others had spirited themselves off to.

"Be aware of any of you have not had your magick blocked from you at any point, stepping into this cell will feel...odd to say the least."
Joakim said...

Adley glanced at Adan and nodded for him to go ahead, coming in last and preparing himself to take action if the prisoner acted out. The feeling of being closed as he stepped across the threshold off was entirely unwelcome, he did not like the sense of limitation but he knew that it was necessary to deal with the woman. And Kyle and Bee had faced the same, so he would have to as well, even though he did not like it at all. It was as if he was a house with locked doors and now he was locked inside with an umbrood shard as well. There was a feeling in his his hands he could not describe as if they'd suddenly become enervated as he reached out and took the rag back, stowing it away to deal with later along with the rest. He wondered if this place would make him sound differently, a field of anti-magick this strong...

"What the fuck happened? Where am I?" She demanded in a hoarse voice.

"You sustained injuries during an attack. They have been seen to and you have been taken prisoner. What is your name?" he began, glancing at the chief - he didn't want to overstep his boundaries.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "That would be up to you... And your Mentor is probably right, the tale of the Tremere is not a happy one. And their tale is not over, either, I'm afraid... Hopefully, though, you won't encounter them again, or at least, not for a long time. You came close enough to... well, best not dwell on that. Let us rather discuss a more cheerful topic."

"Close enough to...oh...the boy was one of them?"
Lily asked then she glanced up.
"What would have happened to me if I had been turned into what he is?"
She asked as she sat down and handed one of the orange flavored gums to Anita then held out her hand to offer the other to Colin.

He grimaced a little and turned the page to make a few notes, and gently pulled off his signet ring, "If you look at the signet here, I made this as a Focus for the Sphere of Prime. I initially used this octagram to focus, to help shake loose my system, as it were. I've since figured out how to create an effect to draw out available quintessence into a spell without it going through me. Very useful for creating a safety valve for unpleasant quintessence, such as highly Entropic types."

The little girl looked at the ring and smiles.
"You made this Sir? it is beautiful."
She said then she listened to what Colin had to say about his new effect and nodded.
"That sounds very useful if you do not what highly resonated Quintessence into your system yes."
She said.
"How do you do that Sir?"

Adley:

As you wish," he said. Though he'd meant outside the cell but either way she'd know where best suited so he followed the others. He looked at Adjan to see if he needed help carrying the woman, otherwise staying alert as he could.

Adjan did not seam like he needed help with the Nephandus for now, off course if he was carrying her far that might change, but for now at least he could handle her just fine as gathering of mages walked into the Chantry.

Surreptitiously, he checked the time to get an idea how much time he had left.

The time was 16:50 it was starting to darken outside but would not be fully dark for about an hour.

He turned to Joakim and requested, "After this is taken care of I will need to see the rest of my people and have a secure place to speak. And we should talk about what happened. But first this."

"I shall arrange a room for you to have such a meeting with your Chantrymates Mr Roth Hicks."
The tall, thin security chief said and nodded.
"Yes this do indeed need to be taken care of first."

He didn't answer but it was true enough. Even a part of his shadow name was not something he wanted a Nephandi to have and there wasn't any reason to give her anything to work with at all. He followed along, seeing which way the chantry was laid out and where they were going, wondering where Colin and the others had spirited themselves off to.

The Chantry had one ground floor with a large central hall, there where two staircases that went up to other floors, your group was taken to a basement though which seamed to have three corridors, so far the Chantry's lay out was pretty easy to follow, the place had been a mansion once and more sections had later been added to it making it a bit of a crow's nest but so far the layout was logical enough.

Adley glanced at Adan and nodded for him to go ahead, coming in last and preparing himself to take action if the prisoner acted out.

Adjan nodded he shivered slightly as he stepped into the cell and his magick was blocked off but he still stood ready to deal with the Nephandus if he had to.

The feeling of being closed as he stepped across the threshold off was entirely unwelcome, he did not like the sense of limitation but he knew that it was necessary to deal with the woman. And Kyle and Bee had faced the same, so he would have to as well, even though he did not like it at all. It was as if he was a house with locked doors and now he was locked inside with an umbrood shard as well. There was a feeling in his his hands he could not describe as if they'd suddenly become enervated as he reached out and took the rag back, stowing it away to deal with later along with the rest. He wondered if this place would make him sound differently, a field of anti-magick this strong...

It did not exactly make you sound differently when you spoke, but since your voice was so much both a part of your magick and effected by echos, it felt...uncomfortable to speak and if you had to struggle to get the words out as if the effect on this room was fighting your voice and there was a bit of strain in it when it came out.

"You sustained injuries during an attack. They have been seen to and you have been taken prisoner. What is your name?" he began, glancing at the chief - he didn't want to overstep his boundaries.

Joakim just nodded this woman was connected to what was happening in Boston as well he would not protest to you interrogating her. The Nephandus looked up at Adley.
"You are Traditionalists?"
She asked, sounding like she did not want to know the answer.
"Jodelle Jerkins is my name, I assume you think you will get something useful out of me...I am afraid I will have to disappoint you there. What happened to Tanya, the woman who was with me?"
She asked.
"Did she get herself killed?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Colin smiled and held up a hand, "I will pass... I am not fond of chewing gum; it is better if you enjoy it. I am not entirely sure what would have happened if you had been... changed, but from the descriptions, I suspect your... scroll would have withered away and ceased to be, and you would have been forced to spend eternity with the memory of the magic you had lost. It sounds horrible, really..."
He shook his head, "Best not dwell on it; better avoid the scenario entirely. Now, the ring, yes, I made that - I am a silversmith by trade, and I make a tolerable living among the Sleepers that way. As for how I do it... First, I prepare the spell I want, the two times I've done so have been a simple shard of Primal energy, nothing fancy. What I figured out to do..." He drew up a pattern on the page, shaped like a hose and a funnel, "is that when a storage of quintessence, such as a hanging spell, a ward or a Node is opened to release its power, I can latch on to that opening and shove the magical equivalent of a hose in the pool. It is a bit complicated to explain, but I think I can teach it to other Initiates without too much difficulty, if we can only agree on some basic principles. The important thing is, whatever I want powered, I can power with quintessence from someone else; I've yet to try to latch on to someone casting a spell, but if I can pull that off, I might have the nastiest counter to pompous, over-the-top, flashy Mages one could imagine, using their own gathered power against them."
He smiled, "I suppose a Janissary might be interested in such a trick, wouldn't you say? The most important part of this trick, of course, is to know how to create the spell you are casting outside yourself, whether it is a healing spell under a Cabalmate's skin, or a fireball blossoming inside a crystal at the end of a staff, or just a shard of the flames of Creation burning suspended in midair. I surmise that any object, any pattern through which the quintessence is drawn would suffer unwanted Resonance, which is why I'm disinclined to create anything I'm expected to hold with this rote..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm

"Jodelle Jerkins is my name, I assume you think you will get something useful out of me...I am afraid I will have to disappoint you there. What happened to Tanya, the woman who was with me?" She asked. "Did she get herself killed?"

"Mrs Jerkins, was your group meeting anyone, or going anywhere this evening?" he asked. He frowned; he sounded as if he'd suddenly caught the flu or strep throat, as if he was fighting off losing his voice. The suppression of the magick in the room was making him feel like every word was having to be eked out.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Friday:

All of Boston has less than a hundred mages, but yeah, we're a lot for our numbers. he admitted. With 20 people or so in every chantry they had around 50 people, wich was a lot, not counting the nephandis and their minions.

there are other two chantries in the city but they're not so many, in fact, they are a little less people and not having a good time right now.

Ok then, I'm the only Dreamspeacker, the verbena... i'd like to take you to the life tree, we got no Akhashick brothers, choristers and euthanatos out of reach, the hermetics we've talked with, also virtual adepts... Only Sons of ether left, but i don't know any, so... let's go see Miss day.

Saturday:

Ok, i'll talk to them. We'll see how we could help you get there... THey used a little wood's spirit to attack and spy others, maybe it knows something else.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled and held up a hand, "I will pass... I am not fond of chewing gum; it is better if you enjoy it.

The little girl smiled then she took the wrapper of the gum and begun chewing on it.

I am not entirely sure what would have happened if you had been... changed, but from the descriptions, I suspect your... scroll would have withered away and ceased to be, and you would have been forced to spend eternity with the memory of the magic you had lost. It sounds horrible, really..."

Liv turned pale she sat down on the floor and shivered.
"Oh..."
She said and looked rather frightened.
"I...thank you for saving me."
She muttered.

He shook his head, "Best not dwell on it; better avoid the scenario entirely.

That is probably best yes..."
Liv said but she sounded rather shook up. Anita looked up and looked at Liv, she did not understand what the two of you where talking about but she could see that Liv was upset and she seamed a bit concerned for her new friend.

Now, the ring, yes, I made that - I am a silversmith by trade, and I make a tolerable living among the Sleepers that way. As for how I do it... First, I prepare the spell I want, the two times I've done so have been a simple shard of Primal energy, nothing fancy. What I figured out to do..." He drew up a pattern on the page, shaped like a hose and a funnel, "is that when a storage of quintessence, such as a hanging spell, a ward or a Node is opened to release its power, I can latch on to that opening and shove the magical equivalent of a hose in the pool. It is a bit complicated to explain, but I think I can teach it to other Initiates without too much difficulty, if we can only agree on some basic principles.

"You are a silversmith so you make jewelry and such?"
The little girl said and perked up.
"That is rather neat Sir."
She added then she listened to the explanation about your rote and nodded.
"I do not understand all of what you said Sir but it do sound rather cleaver, however the problem in the Traditions have always been a lack of common principles."

The important thing is, whatever I want powered, I can power with quintessence from someone else; I've yet to try to latch on to someone casting a spell, but if I can pull that off, I might have the nastiest counter to pompous, over-the-top, flashy Mages one could imagine, using their own gathered power against them."

"Well it would be a good way not to get hit by a fireball...or anything else of the sort."
Liv said and nodded.
"You are very smart Sir."
She said and smiled.

He smiled, "I suppose a Janissary might be interested in such a trick, wouldn't you say? The most important part of this trick, of course, is to know how to create the spell you are casting outside yourself, whether it is a healing spell under a Cabalmate's skin, or a fireball blossoming inside a crystal at the end of a staff, or just a shard of the flames of Creation burning suspended in midair. I surmise that any object, any pattern through which the quintessence is drawn would suffer unwanted Resonance, which is why I'm disinclined to create anything I'm expected to hold with this rote..."

"Yes my House who often assist House Guernicus in keeping order would find such a spell most useful Spell. I am sure my Master would love to talk with you."
Liv said and nodded.
"So you can use your rote not to get the resonance from whatever you are working with yourself?"

Adley:

"Mrs Jerkins, was your group meeting anyone, or going anywhere this evening?" he asked. He frowned; he sounded as if he'd suddenly caught the flu or strep throat, as if he was fighting off losing his voice. The suppression of the magick in the room was making him feel like every word was having to be eked out.

Adjan raised an eyebrow over how his friend sounded but he said nothing. The captured Nephandus just looked at Adley for a moment then she said calmly.
"Now why should I answer your questions? You are going to haul me to Horizon and Gilgul me anyway, what possible motivation would I have for betraying my own for you?"
She asked then she added, the Nephandus was afraid that was clear from the look in her dark eyes, but she kept outwardly calm for now.
"Also I have noticed you asked for my name but have not given yours in return."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Tane:

Friday:

All of Boston has less than a hundred mages, but yeah, we're a lot for our numbers. he admitted. With 20 people or so in every chantry they had around 50 people, wich was a lot, not counting the nephandis and their minions.

"There are only one hundred mages in all of Boston?"
Lily asked her eyes widened.
"How many mages are there in the world?"

there are other two chantries in the city but they're not so many, in fact, they are a little less people and not having a good time right now.

"There are three places like this in the city?"
The young woman asked.
"What are those places like?

Ok then, I'm the only Dreamspeacker, the verbena... i'd like to take you to the life tree, we got no Akhashick brothers, choristers and euthanatos out of reach, the hermetics we've talked with, also virtual adepts... Only Sons of ether left, but i don't know any, so... let's go see Miss day.

"I do not know who Miss day are or what most of the names you just said are Tane but sure, let us go and speak with this woman."
Lily said.
"What are the Dreamspeakers by the way, are that your Tradition?"

Saturday:

Ok, i'll talk to them. We'll see how we could help you get there... THey used a little wood's spirit to attack and spy others, maybe it knows something else.

"Thank you, any aid is welcome."
Amadeus said.
"It is not getting there that is the problem, it is surviving the attack long enough to do some good."
He added.
"Hum...well if this spirit you speak about might know something, would you please talk with it and see what it knows?"

(OOC: There are five Chantries in Boston in this game. Steelhaven which have a little under thirty members, Riverside which have about fifteen, Lux Itineris which have about 45 Awakened members, Westchapel which have about 20 and Five Sisters which have about ten members. In addition there are thirty five Nephandi though Tane do not know that, and whoever many Marauders, Orphans, Craft members and Technocrats there might be.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next