Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 15 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Adley Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:35 pm

"Very well this seam to have been set up by one of our Hermetics, they tend to be skilled in what they do."

"Quite, yes this was set up by a Hermetic. Ah, walking the circle...I suppose you might liken it to turning something on and off?" he said, though it was not quite that, either as the ward was still active. It was long habit of entering the circles in the proper way, acknowledging the quarters, even if he wasn't doing a full ritual. But it was as best an analogy as he could come up with at the time.

"I see and you need these documents moved in a way that you can be sure someone you do not want to do not get their hands on them...I could probably set up a small portal allowing you to reach through and deliver them to the hands of the recipient yourself."

"In this case, it is someone else that has the documents. They are one of the nightfolk, a vampire not a magus. I would like the documents transported from them, perhaps if they put it into a mailbox that we intend on putting the portal in so it stays out of sleeper view," he suggested.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 15 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Devon:

"Well we need the infestation out first, however I am just saying this to warn you Mr Miles that this place mat not be safe, now do not get me wrong it is a good Chantry but right now we are up to our eyeballs in trouble."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"So are you still interested in living here?"

Adley:

"Quite, yes this was set up by a Hermetic. Ah, walking the circle...I suppose you might liken it to turning something on and off?" he said, though it was not quite that, either as the ward was still active. It was long habit of entering the circles in the proper way, acknowledging the quarters, even if he wasn't doing a full ritual. But it was as best an analogy as he could come up with at the time.

"Hum...I see..."
Hans said he did not really seam to understand the basis of the ward but then it was very far from his own Paradigm.
"At least the Hermetics have more ordered Paradigms than the Verbena..."
He said and gave a slight grin.

"In this case, it is someone else that has the documents. They are one of the nightfolk, a vampire not a magus. I would like the documents transported from them, perhaps if they put it into a mailbox that we intend on putting the portal in so it stays out of sleeper view," he suggested.

"Hum...and you need the documents transported to us, is that right Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Virtual Adept said.
"Yes putting a portal in a mail box is doable as long as I have seen this mail box or at least have some indicators on where it is that should not be a problem."
He agreed and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:54 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"Well we need the infestation out first, however I am just saying this to warn you Mr Miles that this place mat not be safe, now do not get me wrong it is a good Chantry but right now we are up to our eyeballs in trouble."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"So are you still interested in living here?"

"it does... sounds like you need assistance tho... and i would be honoured to help"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:09 pm

"Well we will accept all the help we can get..."
The old Hermetic said and leaned back as he regarded Devon.
"So have you just left your Mentor's care? Also if you do not mind me asking what are your raking in our society, or to use common terms what do you study Mr Miles?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:12 pm

I study the reformation of matter into exciting components , using luck to make escapes where i find myself out of choices and the prime to power the matter

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:26 pm

"Hum...well that can come in handy."
The Hermetic said.
"I will get someone to show you to a room so you can settle in, but I might have use for you later Mr Miles."
He said then he asked.
"Do you have any questions?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:28 pm

Thank you for your time sir, What kind of "trouble have you been facing?
"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:46 pm

"While I can not go into all the detail before I know more about you Mr Miles, I do hope you understand."
The old magus said bluntly.
"We have one powerful Labyrinth that have been making their moves and we know they are planning a major ritual and that is never good for us, the members of this Labyrinth have become quite active in the city and among other things they have corrupted one of the Nodes belonging to this Chantry. Now we need to stop this band of Fallen before it is to late."
He added in a serious tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:55 pm

I understand, i did not intend any impropiety... merely to ave an understanding of the forces that are in motion in the situation

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:04 pm

"I understand Mr Miles, it is a powerful Labyrinth lead by a nasty piece of work called Lisa Larson, while I can not give you all the details at this point, I will say that this group of Nephandi are not to be trifled with."
Jeffry said and took a sip of his coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:43 pm

" Also drinks some coffee..... then with your permission.. may i see my rooms? " Devon asks

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Friday:

Better every day, she gets better quickly, wich is great because her pain eases and i don't know how much she could have endured. I fear that a little more and she might have given up, but her will is strong and i belive she'll get through.

Saturday:

Tane invoked Atonga's name and raised his sword. That won't do anything. Start this and the spiing of your blood will be the end. He ws firm in his state, he knew a normal, even a magical pistol couldn't hurt him with Atonga's blessing and technocrats never spect the strange techniques they used. Nor they spect a giant monster, either.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:19 am

"Hum...and you need the documents transported to us, is that right Mr Roth Hicks?" The Virtual Adept said. "Yes putting a portal in a mail box is doable as long as I have seen this mail box or at least have some indicators on where it is that should not be a problem." He agreed and nodded

"Eventually that and some other items need to go to my home, so it might mean a hop here and then collect them. Or send that one straight over, perhaps if I can coordinate it. What sort of indicators do you use for your ars? I've seen a phone used, or the gate of course. Hrm, what about a picture of the mailbox and the address?"

// *Waves at Ashan* wb!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:20 am

*OOC sorry been away a lot.. .away in an institution.. .tbh, life stress"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:48 am

Devon:

"Yes off course, let me find someone to show you."
The old mage said, he stood and led you out of his office, he stopped a pretty, plump teenager in a long tshirt and a short skirt and said.
"Miss Olsen, this is Mr Miles he will be joining us, would you mind showing him to one of the empty apartments up on the second floor?"
He asked and the girl nodded.
"Sure no problem."
She said and then smiles to you.
"Welcome to Steelhaven Hall Sir, if you would follow me?"

Adley:

"Well something electronic is better but a picture will do it just means more programming before the rote is done, with a phone I can just lock onto it, but yes a picture will do."
Hans said and nodded.
"Hum...So you need something collected from Steelhaven Hall and then something taken from a mailbox have I understood that right?"
He asked.

Tane:

Friday:

"I hope that Miss Alexander will recover, I can not imagine what kind of shock she have been through."
Henrietta said and sigh.
"I guess I can not understand what she almost lost, for it is more than just her powers, which is bad enough, but looking at everyone's faces yesterday when that ritual was going on...to see the horror at the thought of it...I can not imagine how Beatrice herself is feeling, poor girl..."
The hedge wizard muttered.
"I hope it is as you say that she will be alright."

Saturday:

"Oh it will do something I assure you."
The man with the gun said and he aimed the gun at you and pulled the trigger.

(OOC: Before I write up what everyone else in the scene is doing I would like to know what protection magick Tane is doing and see a roll for that.)

(OOC 2: The conversation on Friday as Tane is taking Henrietta home happens the day after the attempted Gilgul so it have not even been 24 hours so Bee is in pretty bad condition at this point, she gets a little bit better over the course of Saturday afternoon when she gets taken to the Chantry's Node.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:52 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"Yes off course, let me find someone to show you."
The old mage said, he stood and led you out of his office, he stopped a pretty, plump teenager in a long tshirt and a short skirt and said.
"Miss Olsen, this is Mr Miles he will be joining us, would you mind showing him to one of the empty apartments up on the second floor?"
He asked and the girl nodded.
"Sure no problem."
She said and then smiles to you.
"Welcome to Steelhaven Hall Sir, if you would follow me?"

"please, call me Devon.. .and please.. .lead on" He says... putting his backpack on

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:05 pm

"Devon...very well if you call me Rosa."
The young woman said and smiled, she begun to lead you up a set of stairs and down a long hallway filled with doors, she stopped before number seven.
"Here we are, it is rather sparsely decorated I am afraid, but it should have what you need...oh and there is a small grocery store around the corner to fill up your fridge, but Chief Morgan do not want anyone to go out alone until the current crisis is resolved."
Rosa said she opened the door to the apartment and handed you the keys.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:21 pm

"Well something electronic is better but a picture will do it just means more programming before the rote is done, with a phone I can just lock onto it, but yes a picture will do." Hans said and nodded.

"Very well, I'll see what I can do. If you use a phone, you take the phone with you as well, is that correct?" he asked. "There is one other thing, regarding teleportation. If you were to teleport someone that you did not know and could not see, what do you think you would need as a link to accomplish such a feat or would that simply not be possible with any reasonable chance for success?"

// sorry to hear that dude

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:43 pm

"Very well, I'll see what I can do. If you use a phone, you take the phone with you as well, is that correct?" he asked.

"Yes I would take the phone with me when executing the teleportation program, unless there where soe good reason to leave it behind."
Hans said and nodded.

"There is one other thing, regarding teleportation. If you were to teleport someone that you did not know and could not see, what do you think you would need as a link to accomplish such a feat or would that simply not be possible with any reasonable chance for success?"

The Virtual Adept considered for a moment then he sigh.
"It is possible for sure, but it might not be safe. I could probably plot the rote out if I had some decent coordinates to where this person was, but it is something used for an emergency where somewhat of a risk is an acceptable cost."
He explained.
"I would need as accurate coordinates as possible."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:15 pm

((OOC: Realizing I forgot to post after getting home from D&D last night, and then neglecting it this morning before heading out to dinner with the in-laws... Well, at least Adley got the time for a bit of catch-up. Wink ))

Colin grinned, "Well, I did have to readily admit the world of magic is insanity, after a fashion. She could do worse. Far worse. At least she accepts there's an underlying weirdness to it all. It... might help that magic helps explain a few oddities around mr. Silverberg and her daughter - such as how he healed her when she fell down the stairs during her pregnancy. She's still a bit unnerved about potentially seeing spirits around her."
He shook his head, "The gafflings don't have much to do with anything... nothing that I can share, at least. I mentioned them to take Egypt's mind off those 'angels' we managed to lose on the drive back; she might remember them later, and in case she asks, you now know where the spiders in question are."
He nodded, "One day at a time... We're working on a way, but until and unless that comes through, we're stuck with that deplorable ritual... and even if it works, it seems it requires some rather serious cooperation from the Fallen Mage in question."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Colin grinned, "Well, I did have to readily admit the world of magic is insanity, after a fashion. She could do worse. Far worse. At least she accepts there's an underlying weirdness to it all. It... might help that magic helps explain a few oddities around mr. Silverberg and her daughter - such as how he healed her when she fell down the stairs during her pregnancy. She's still a bit unnerved about potentially seeing spirits around her."

"Hum...at least she is not completely rejecting the idea of magic which is good, then there is a fundament there to build greater understanding on."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Hopefully she will come to accept magic one day, perhaps learn a bit of it herself, that will be a boon for her daughter."

He shook his head, "The gafflings don't have much to do with anything... nothing that I can share, at least. I mentioned them to take Egypt's mind off those 'angels' we managed to lose on the drive back; she might remember them later, and in case she asks, you now know where the spiders in question are."

"Very well I will keep it in mind, however if it is to keep the girl happy I am sure I can contact some friendly and ehm...cute spirits that would not mind playing with her, if her mother is a bit on edge about Umbroods though that might now be a good idea."

He nodded, "One day at a time... We're working on a way, but until and unless that comes through, we're stuck with that deplorable ritual... and even if it works, it seems it requires some rather serious cooperation from the Fallen Mage in question."

"Hum...yes unfortunately that...ritual is all we have at the moment and it is a...horror."
Joakim said softly.
"But until another method comes along...well, as for getting the cooperation of a Fallen for this cleaning method you hope will one day work, I guess most would be rather cooperative if the alternative is...well...you know."

(OOC: Not a problem I hope you enjoyed your game and your dinner visit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 pm

"Alright, that is pretty much as I thought; I will set up the exchange appointments soon and will let you know the details then .Thank you sur, for your help. As for the other matter, I will have to speak with the Chief, as well but will get back to you as soon as I can."

// hope your game was fun, Warp. Almost caught up, I think Adley might be with Joakim, since they will have to discuss Tyler involvement before calling her back.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Devon...very well if you call me Rosa."
The young woman said and smiled, she begun to lead you up a set of stairs and down a long hallway filled with doors, she stopped before number seven.
"Here we are, it is rather sparsely decorated I am afraid, but it should have what you need...oh and there is a small grocery store around the corner to fill up your fridge, but Chief Morgan do not want anyone to go out alone until the current crisis is resolved."
Rosa said she opened the door to the apartment and handed you the keys.

Devon gets settled in.. .searching through his back...... finding the things that are there... he then proceeds to strip down his gun and clean it meticulously.. .after making sure he will head downstairs looking for food... just realzing he hasn't ate in a while.

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Colin nodded and grinned, "Hopefully. And hopefully, she won't be woken up by the sight of spirit birds stomping around her bed; I may have made a promise in half-jest. Nothing severe, but it may cause a bit of a temporary dent in my dignity."
He smiled thinly, "I don't think the child is used to physically interacting with spirits, just to seeing them. She seemed unusually delighted when mr. Johnson convinced the air spirit Shimmer to manifest in the garage. Very pleasant spirit, mind, if a bit abrasive at first. Made me long for my cookpots for a moment."
He nodded, "A Sword of Damocles, of sorts... Comply and your Avatar lives, and you might get a clean, painless death, refuse and you'll be executed, and your reincarnation will be eventually given the same choice... Less gruesome, I suppose, but still a bit nasty. Nevertheless, I suspect the ritual serves to increase Entropy in the long run, while an alternative would counter it..."

((OOC: Game was awesome. Dinner was delicious - venison is always a winner. :3 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:15 am

Adley:

"Alright, that is pretty much as I thought; I will set up the exchange appointments soon and will let you know the details then .Thank you sur, for your help. As for the other matter, I will have to speak with the Chief, as well but will get back to you as soon as I can."

"Very well, you know where you will find me when you have it all sorted out Mr Roth Hicks."
The Virtual Adept Master said and gave you a polite nod.
"I shall return to the computer room then, in times like these it is always wise to have some Programs ready, not all of us can whip out a rote on the fly."
He said and gave you a polite nod.
"Unless there was anything else?"

Devon:

Devon gets settled in.. .searching through his back...... finding the things that are there... he then proceeds to strip down his gun and clean it meticulously.. .after making sure he will head downstairs looking for food... just realzing he hasn't ate in a while.

The apartment is simple, there is a living room and kitchenette in one, a bathroom with a shower and a small bedroom, the walls in the living room have blue and white flowers on the wallpaper the other walls are white, there is the bare essentials of furniture here, an old sofa and a table and two chairs, what is needed in the kitchen, and a bed in the bedroom though you can probably get more later to spruce things up.

You realize that since there is a kitchen in the apartment for the most part members of the Chantry make their own food but heading downstairs you do find a common room of sorts, a large room filled with tables and chairs, several inhabitants of the Chantry are already there, you see Ryan and Rosa sitting at one table having a cup of coffee and a conversation and a sour looking blond man was sitting at another table all three of the mages glanced up at you when you come in, you do see there is a door to a larger kitchen at the end of the common room.
"Do you need anything Devon?"
Rosa asks sweetly.

Colin:

Colin nodded and grinned, "Hopefully. And hopefully, she won't be woken up by the sight of spirit birds stomping around her bed; I may have made a promise in half-jest. Nothing severe, but it may cause a bit of a temporary dent in my dignity."

"Spirit birds Mr Wainwright?"
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.
"I see I will not inquire then what your promise to Miss Brooke is as long as it do not concern Chantry security."

He smiled thinly, "I don't think the child is used to physically interacting with spirits, just to seeing them. She seemed unusually delighted when mr. Johnson convinced the air spirit Shimmer to manifest in the garage. Very pleasant spirit, mind, if a bit abrasive at first. Made me long for my cookpots for a moment."

"Ah Shimmer, yes she can be a bit standoffish in the beginning but she is a delightful entity."
The old hedge wizard said and nodded.
"My apprentice have worked with her several times. In either case I was not so much thinking of making spirits manifest for the little girl, just summon them, if she have a talent for working with them she needs to learn early that they are living thinking beings to be treated as friends."

He nodded, "A Sword of Damocles, of sorts... Comply and your Avatar lives, and you might get a clean, painless death, refuse and you'll be executed, and your reincarnation will be eventually given the same choice... Less gruesome, I suppose, but still a bit nasty. Nevertheless, I suspect the ritual serves to increase Entropy in the long run, while an alternative would counter it..."

"Yes or more likely they would straight up be given the choice between cooperation or Gilgul, no one would want them to become a widderslainte...but yes I suspect the same thing, we do not know if Avatars are a finite resource or if new souls are formed, so yes destroying one might mean that there is one less possible mage for all eternity and that is not a pleasant prospect."
Joakim said sourly.

(OOC; Strife did you want Adley to be getting that message from Colin now then or when he go to see the Chief.)

(OOC 2: Yes indeed it is.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next