Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 7 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Adley Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:12 pm

"Thank you, sorry about this..." he said as pre-emptive for breaking out the Name-scrying rote he whipped up earlier from the bathroom. One hand drew a circle around his person, the other the hand gestured rego, auram, vim as he spoke them. No time for the lovely candle spell but at least it had spared him repeating a rote and gathering up potential dox.

// Sense Connection again, same as when he used it before P1,C1: 4, 0, 9. Seems like Adley really -really- learned that sphere when he nearly died.

lol oh man, Colin's danger scale - I think he needs one for amp'd to 11, camping out in Pompeii and deciding to roast marshmallows in the volcanic fires by wading up to your ass xDD

Adley

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 7 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:12 am

Friday:
Tane sat beside Beatrice to meditate on how to help her. He sang his song and her's through a sequence that was related with the number four, that in his culture had to do with healing and growth, as he meditated.

Saturday:
When Tane stopped singing and claping his rocks, they were nothing but dust and his hands were all bloodied. He had however made no real damage to himself and his efforts were well rewarded, as he rose the stone containing a lot of shards that had been parts of avatars. Now it was done.
He embraces the rock and turned to find Henrietta. I'm done, at last. I belive we can return.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:31 am

Colin nodded, "Quite; possibly less so at a single-Tradition Chantry, though. There is something to be said for having a broad range of methods and abilities available; conformity tends to foster a certain... inflexibility."

"Very true, very true Mr Wainwright, then again Awakening tend to come to unique individuals so even at an Ancestral Chantry there tend to be quite a bit of variation."
Min said and smiles.

He smiled, "I look forward to speaking with Madame Hastings again for the first time."

"You are right, you do sound like a member of the Cult of Ecstasy."
The old judge said and smiled.
"I will arrange it for you."

He grinned, "I'm sure Master Harris could show you how to get started - though I expect you are rather too busy much of the time to indulge in such entertainment."
He chuckled softly, "The Police Box is only the most iconic time machine in television history - it first appeared over fifty years ago now, and is known for appearing in unexpected places at unexpected times... It also happens to be significantly larger on the inside, so it's very much a complex means of travel. And usually a bit of a bumpy ride, come to think of it..."

"I ear I neither have the time for computer games nor do I watch much TV other than the news, what spare time I have I tend to dedicate to other pursuits, but I am sure it is a giving hobby for those who are so inclined Mr Wainwright."
Min said and raised and eyebrow.
"Making something that are bigger inside than on the outside though is quite possible using certain types of Sphere magick."

Colin snorted, "Well, I suppose they have easy ways to see how the mood of the Labyrinth or battlecruiser is at any given time... It's the sort of thing you don't want to be too happy, I suppose. I've... been on the internet; I would prefer not to speculate further..."

"The old mage that might be from the Victorian era just looks at you and do not reply.

He sighed, "Quite... The man seems to be firmly dedicated to being an expendable minion, but unlike someone such as Jodelle Jerkins in your own cells, he makes an effort to irritate his guards. There are few people who manage to aggravate me without leaving a shred of sympathy or compassion... essentially, he's it.

"Hum...the stereotypical Nephandus then...well he do not sound like someone I would enjoy spending any time talking with."
Master Min said and sigh.

Even... hum, that's also something I'm wondering about, actually... Let us say that a Tradition member is made a victim of Fallen extortion and cooperates under the erroneous assumption they will let the person dearest to him out alive and unharmed, and he assaults a Linear Mage, steals hair samples from another Mage, passes information to the Fallen and helps summon an Avatar Eater into his own Chantry to drive a former victim of the same creature to commit suicide from sheer panic and despair... on a scale from one to ten, where one is 'purchasing a ticket to the Titanic's maiden voyage' and ten is 'camping out in Pompeii to watch the volcanic eruption', how much of a chance to get out alive does he have?"

"I am not so sure I can reply in terms of scales of one to ten Mr Wainwright but this person do seam in your example to be rather fond of volcanoes. Such magnitude of crimes would mean he have to be sentenced by the Council itself as...something we have earlier discussed is not off the table. Branding and execution is the most likely thing, is is a small possibility that long time imprisonment might and I do stress might, be an option but generally such a person have dug their own grave and will be buried in it."
The old Quesitor said and frowned.

(OOC: I am working on the other replies.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:42 am

Adley:

"Thank you, sorry about this..." he said as pre-emptive for breaking out the Name-scrying rote he whipped up earlier from the bathroom. One hand drew a circle around his person, the other the hand gestured rego, auram, vim as he spoke them. No time for the lovely candle spell but at least it had spared him repeating a rote and gathering up potential dox.

"Off course, it is not a problem."
Joakim say before you begin your rote.

You work your rote and as you start to work with Auram, feeling the power of Air, the clear, sharp father of intelligence come to your command there is as if it is easier than before, as if the magick obey you more hastily, new understandings swirl around in your head as you work your spell, how to get greater power over all the arts that others would call Forces. For a moment power swell in your body and soul as sudden realizations hit you, how to use just Quintessence to conjure a ball of flame, how to press someone against the wall using the air itself, how to manipulate lesser forces freely, you stand at the door to a new inner initiation, you can feel the handle in your hand and all you need do is step through.

Tane:

Friday:

You sit meditating beside Beatrice, now and again she twist and turn in bead and cry out in pain. You see your own Avatar for a moment reach out, and very gently touch the face of her broken forest God, and as he do the young Verbena calm down again, sleeping more peacefully. You feel it there, though your own soul, the corruption but also power of her own soul, and it's fear after being hurt by human mages twice now, it was a wounded, angry God that lived inside of this little woman, and yet your own delicate soul comforted it it seamed, at least to some degree.

Saturday:

Henrietta stand behind you, a wand in her hand, ready to defend you if need be, she nods when you say that you can go back then she looks at your bloodied hands.
"Are you alright Tane?"
She asks then she nods.
"Should I call for someone to pick us up? Also did you get them? The shards we came here for? Did you get them?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:35 am

Colin nodded, "Oh, I know, the volume-expansion trick seems a fairly simple one; not that I can pull it off yet, mind... the vehicle in question, though, is effectively infinite in interior volume, sentient and almost indestructible... Pure fiction, of course, but might be fun to replicate on a smaller scale."
He sighed with a bit of relief, "Oh, good... he might escape the worst, then. The person in question is... somewhat abrasive, and did something incredibly stupid, but... I don't know that many in his place would have the integrity to defy the kidnappers. He might have angered me at the time, but I do have some sympathy for the fellow... As the, hm, person who arrested him red-handed, I expect my testimony would be weighed in such a trial?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:45 am

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

Ingmar nods, you get down to the cellar corridor again where the unconscious prisoner have been laid on the floor, a pool of blood where gathering under his wounded hand. The Verbena sigh and kneel down by the wounded man's side.
"Have his magick been restrained in any way Arn?"
He asks one of those who dragged the man down and the young man asked shook his head.
"Hum...Mr Miles was it, if you would kindly inform Master Morgan of this prisoner and then request some way to contain his magick, the last thing we need is an angry mage loose in the building, tossing spells everywhere."
He muttered.
"I will tend to his hand in the meantime, but he have lost allot of blood.

Devon nods.. and heads out to inform cheif Morgan... and make the request.. .also to state his suspcions about some kinda trojan horse

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:51 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Oh, I know, the volume-expansion trick seems a fairly simple one; not that I can pull it off yet, mind... the vehicle in question, though, is effectively infinite in interior volume, sentient and almost indestructible... Pure fiction, of course, but might be fun to replicate on a smaller scale."

"It should be possible to do, I have seen such constructions but it would be quite a feat of magick to accomplish, but if you one day become a Archmage young Orphan, perhaps then such a creation will be within your power, that and many others."
Master Min said kindly.

He sighed with a bit of relief, "Oh, good... he might escape the worst, then. The person in question is... somewhat abrasive, and did something incredibly stupid, but... I don't know that many in his place would have the integrity to defy the kidnappers. He might have angered me at the time, but I do have some sympathy for the fellow... As the, hm, person who arrested him red-handed, I expect my testimony would be weighed in such a trial?"

"Gilgul is exceedingly rare Mr Wainwright when the defendant is not themselves corrupted by the Caul. There are some crimes where it can be the sentence but when the Avatar itself is not lost to inversion, the last time a non inverted Avatar was put though the ritual, unless Miss Florentine's soul was in fact clean, was in the 1980's and that was done to two men who had caused several innocent Avatars to die on an island on Horizon. Your Chantrymate's crimes are serious to be sure, but not enough to be likely to garner such a reaction. My guess is Branding and a very public execution."
The Enforcer said in a serious tone of voice.

Devon:

Devon nods.. and heads out to inform cheif Morgan... and make the request.. .also to state his suspcions about some kinda trojan horse

You get up to the lobby and to Jeffry Morgan's office, the man himself are on his way out of the office when he sees you.
"Ah Mr Miles...what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:32 pm

Colin smiled, "A more... compact version without all the frills might be workable far before then, though."
He nodded, "Quite. Well then, Sir, I'll take my leave and see if your Security Chief has more need for me; there was the potential of stabbing at the proverbial heart of darkness tonight, after all, as well as another rescue operation... Good night, Sir, and thank you for your counsel."
He bowed politely, and left the office to find Joakim again.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:00 pm

Colin smiled, "A more... compact version without all the frills might be workable far before then, though."

"Yes absolutely, the Adepts of Correspondence can make such spaces, so yes you do not have to wait that long to make for example ehm...Mary Poppins's bag."
Min said then he grinned.
"See Mr Wainwright I do pop culture references as well, though not that current ones...my daughter...used to love that book when she was a child, I would read it to her."

He nodded, "Quite. Well then, Sir, I'll take my leave and see if your Security Chief has more need for me; there was the potential of stabbing at the proverbial heart of darkness tonight, after all, as well as another rescue operation... Good night, Sir, and thank you for your counsel."

"Yes I heard that a strike was being planned, hopefully the Deacons will have decided to lend some Tass from our disputed Node to it."
Master Min said then he nodded politely.
"Good night young man, and giving counsel is what I am here for."
He said with a bit of a smile.

He bowed politely, and left the office to find Joakim again.

You found Joakim halfway up the stairs to the second floor where he had stopped to talk with a pretty young woman of perhaps 17 years, she had long, dark brown hair and large brown eyes.
"Yes, make sure watch is kept and that round are walked every fifteen minutes..."
Joakim instructed then he added.
"And be careful, Derrick would be heartbroken if he lost you."
He added and the girl bowed and gave you a smile and hurried on her way to complete her tasks. The Security Chief turned to you.
"Ah Mr Wainwright I hear retrieving the young Nephandus went smoothly? Did Master Min sort out what to do with her for now?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Colin grinned, "I always had the impression it was Mary Poppins' umbrella that was the impressive piece of equipment; her handbag seems quite par for the course."
He nodded, "And with a little luck, Master Harris might be able to assist with blowing up the Fallen's own tass stores. I've taught him a rote which can facilitate that - possibly even drain their Nodes for our purposes without affecting our own with the tainted Resonance."
Colin nodded to the young lady and Joakim, "Setting up the guard arrangements for the young ladies I brought in?"
He leaned a little closer to Joakim and lowered his voice, "Yes, the retrieval was as smooth as could be... though I fear it may have deprived young mr. Willis of some of his innocence. For now, Master Min will be using the girl's medical state as grounds for delaying the inevitable, followed by an examination and statement that her Avatar may be too dangerous to tamper with... I believe she might be brought around to our side - potentially restoring her Avatar. Facilitating that might take a little while, though, but... the girl has led a sheltered life; she might yet be sufficiently uncorrupted to make salvation possible. I believe she's being strapped into a bed in the infirmary for now; the cuffs still in place."
He pondered, "Also, she said something strange about how I must not be put into a Caul... that the sad lady like a broken glass doll in an egg would tear it apart..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Colin grinned, "I always had the impression it was Mary Poppins' umbrella that was the impressive piece of equipment; her handbag seems quite par for the course."

"Well yes an umbrella that make you fly is an impressive talisman indeed."
Master Min said and gave a grin.
"Well in either case let us all hope we end up as friendly as Mary Poppins if we go Marauder eh?"

He nodded, "And with a little luck, Master Harris might be able to assist with blowing up the Fallen's own tass stores. I've taught him a rote which can facilitate that - possibly even drain their Nodes for our purposes without affecting our own with the tainted Resonance."

"Hum...that is an interesting rote Mr Wainwright."
The judge said and nodded.
"That would be rather useful in a combat situation though working with corrupted Tass is always dangerous."

Colin nodded to the young lady and Joakim, "Setting up the guard arrangements for the young ladies I brought in?"

"Yes I am putting some of the other linear mages at the Chantry on the case to avoid problems with Paradox. My granddaughter there may be young, but she is reliable, she will keep the Brookes safe and sound."

He leaned a little closer to Joakim and lowered his voice, "Yes, the retrieval was as smooth as could be... though I fear it may have deprived young mr. Willis of some of his innocence.

"Yes we are in a war, unfortunately innocence is often the first victim."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Well at least you managed to get your hands on the girl, and no one got hurt, I hear she have been sent to the infirmary for care."

For now, Master Min will be using the girl's medical state as grounds for delaying the inevitable, followed by an examination and statement that her Avatar may be too dangerous to tamper with... I believe she might be brought around to our side - potentially restoring her Avatar. Facilitating that might take a little while, though, but... the girl has led a sheltered life; she might yet be sufficiently uncorrupted to make salvation possible. I believe she's being strapped into a bed in the infirmary for now; the cuffs still in place."

The hedge wizard frowned.
"Are you sure that is wise Mr Wainwright. I am not going to get into Master Min's way in this but there are a reason the Traditions do what we do to the Fallen, I am not so sure they can be saved even the young and naive of them...they are wrong Mr Wainwright, even the sweet among them..."
He said then he nodded.
"Good keep me apprenticed of her medical condition."

He pondered, "Also, she said something strange about how I must not be put into a Caul... that the sad lady like a broken glass doll in an egg would tear it apart..."

The Security Chief raised an eyebrow.
"A sad lady, a broken glass doll in an egg? And Cauls are allergic to you? I have never heard about anything like that..."
He said sounding confused.
"Also how would the girl know this?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Colin grimaced, "Let's hope we don't end up quite as... flashy, though. I had to... defend myself and some Chantrymates against a quite powerful but misled Marauder the other day... Suffice to say, it was unpleasant to feel the Paradox hitting me when she shredded the street. She's a very pleasant, noble old lady, though, and how she was tricked into attacking us is a tragedy."
He nodded, "It's very efficient in combat - more so since the trick itself circumvents the need for the Mage to absorb the quintessence it uses. I'm a little concerned with the potential long-term consequences of burning off massive amounts of quintessence like that - but for now, it seems it leaves no resonance of note, as can be verified by your own mrs. Knox. If nothing else, I have found a safer method of disposing of it than the current harrowing practice, it seems."

He arched an eyebrow at the departing young woman, "I take it you mean granddaughter in the magical lineage sense, and not the blood kin sense?"
He nodded, "It's unfortunate, but inevitable, I suppose... I just hope he manages to cope with it before long; he's a good kid, I'd hate to see him drift into despair over it."
He shook his head, "Of course I'm not sure it is wise. He is interceding by my request; I... don't know if I can save the girl, but I feel I owe it to mr. Silverberg to try. If I can help her restore her Avatar, it will be glorious. If I can't... at least I will have tried instead of merely condemning a child to the cruelest fate. I'm sympathetic, Sir, but not delusional. If I'm able to take her under my wing and try to lead her... home, as it were, it is her one chance."
He sighed, "By his own reassurance, he's not the one taking a risk in that regard."
He smiled thinly, "The girl... didn't know that, by herself. It appears her Avatar is the chatty sort; it told her as much. How much we can trust such a statement, of course, is up for debate, but she did seem puzzled rather than deceitful."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Devon:

You get up to the lobby and to Jeffry Morgan's office, the man himself are on his way out of the office when he sees you.
"Ah Mr Miles...what can I do for you?"[/quote]

" hello chief... we apparently have another injured Nephandus downstair and i was asked to get some magical restraining cuffs, for him if you would be so kind.. he is being tended to at this moment by Mr Rush"

:Thank you"

"also i have a concern...i know i am knew to all of this.... but ... this strokes me as a trojan horse scenario.. i could be way off the Mark... but that's my concern ! " Devon finishes

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Friday:
Gandija's ejes turned green, as parts of a green hill, and it's slendender body moved as a shadow through the floor beneath Beatrice's forest god to make a round Zone on the floor. The white and iridiscent colors on Gandija's skin shone gently. It was a circle of peace that no one could break, a place to rest for the broken soul.

Saturday:
My hands are alright, just a skin wound, and i got the shards. Call a cab or something so i can give this to Master Cita. Hopefully we can heal Beatrice's avatar with this.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Colin:

Colin grimaced, "Let's hope we don't end up quite as... flashy, though. I had to... defend myself and some Chantrymates against a quite powerful but misled Marauder the other day... Suffice to say, it was unpleasant to feel the Paradox hitting me when she shredded the street. She's a very pleasant, noble old lady, though, and how she was tricked into attacking us is a tragedy."

"That do sound dangerous, yes the Mad Ones can be difficult to deal with, it is a terrifying thought to think that we can all end up like that, insane and dangerous, it is a shame this Marauder was manipulated as you say though, it put whatever Traditionalists deal with her in a very difficult situation, on one end harming an innocent is never pleasant, on the other hand such a Marauder is very dangerous."
The old judge said with a sigh.

He nodded, "It's very efficient in combat - more so since the trick itself circumvents the need for the Mage to absorb the quintessence it uses. I'm a little concerned with the potential long-term consequences of burning off massive amounts of quintessence like that - but for now, it seems it leaves no resonance of note, as can be verified by your own mrs. Knox. If nothing else, I have found a safer method of disposing of it than the current harrowing practice, it seems."

"Everything you do, magickal or otherwise leaves Resonance Mr Wainwright. However if you do not pull the Quintessence in question into you it will not to put it simply, rub off on you."
Master Min said.
"But it might still be an effective weapon indeed."

He arched an eyebrow at the departing young woman, "I take it you mean granddaughter in the magical lineage sense, and not the blood kin sense?"

"Yes she is Derrick's apprentice."
Joakim explained.

He nodded, "It's unfortunate, but inevitable, I suppose... I just hope he manages to cope with it before long; he's a good kid, I'd hate to see him drift into despair over it."

"Joe is stronger than he looks, he will be fine, let us just hope he do not loose to much of his innocence in the process."
The old hedge wizard said and looked regretful at having sent the young Virtual Adept out on such a difficult mission.

He shook his head, "Of course I'm not sure it is wise. He is interceding by my request; I... don't know if I can save the girl, but I feel I owe it to mr. Silverberg to try. If I can help her restore her Avatar, it will be glorious. If I can't... at least I will have tried instead of merely condemning a child to the cruelest fate. I'm sympathetic, Sir, but not delusional. If I'm able to take her under my wing and try to lead her... home, as it were, it is her one chance."

"Well I hope it will work out Mr Wainwright. I am not sure I have much faith in your success but yes showing this kindness to the girl is a good thing and perhaps you can accomplish the impossible, you are a mage after all, just promise me that you will be careful, after all she is a Nephandus, for everything else she is, so watch your back she can not be trusted."

He sighed, "By his own reassurance, he's not the one taking a risk in that regard."

The old hedge wizard nodded.

He smiled thinly, "The girl... didn't know that, by herself. It appears her Avatar is the chatty sort; it told her as much. How much we can trust such a statement, of course, is up for debate, but she did seem puzzled rather than deceitful."

"An Inverted Avatar told you this? I do not know how much faith we can place in this message but in either case it is rather interesting. I would like to know what the girl's soul meant."
Joakim said then he added.
"What is the girl's name by the way, we can not continue to just refer to her as the young Nephandus."

Devon:

hello chief... we apparently have another injured Nephandus downstair and i was asked to get some magical restraining cuffs, for him if you would be so kind.. he is being tended to at this moment by Mr Rush"

"I see, thank you I had not been informed, another prisoner we seam to be stacking up quite a collection."
Jeffry said and his brow knitted into a frown.
"Well then come into my office I do not have any spare cuffs to use but there are other means to restrain his magick that we can use."
He said and turned towards his office door.

"also i have a concern...i know i am knew to all of this.... but ... this strokes me as a trojan horse scenario.. i could be way off the Mark... but that's my concern ! " Devon finishes

"Hum...well the two Nephandi we have now where captured in completely different situations. I do not think you have to worry but better safe than sorry. I have sent a communication to Horizon to get Diego transported to Horizon, we might want to speed that up."
The old mage agreed.
"Just to be sure."

Tane:

Friday:

Gandija's ejes turned green, as parts of a green hill, and it's slendender body moved as a shadow through the floor beneath Beatrice's forest god to make a round Zone on the floor. The white and iridiscent colors on Gandija's skin shone gently. It was a circle of peace that no one could break, a place to rest for the broken soul.

The broken, old forest God glared at Gandija for a moment, hesitant and nervous if such beings could feel such human emotions but then it settled down, convinced the other Primordial soul would not harm him, and he slowly found some rest and peace, at least some as his host slept.

Saturday:

My hands are alright, just a skin wound, and i got the shards. Call a cab or something so i can give this to Master Cita. Hopefully we can heal Beatrice's avatar with this.

"You are soaked in blood Tane, from that Nephandus you fought, we can not call a cab like this."
Henrietta said.
"I could run over to a gas station or something and get you a clean shirt, but I do not want to leave you alone around here."
He said sounding worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Colin sighed, "I think if we could rescue the well-loved ward of the Marauder in question, she would be very eager to disappear into a pocket realm far from Earth and never show her face here again... but as you say, she will likely not get to enjoy that luxury, since she actually did attack us."
He pondered, "I do wonder, though, if using the entropic tass to fuel directly into a dynamic spell might serve to cancel out the resonances - it would explain the visible results of the rather hideous shards of primal energy; looks disgusting there and then, but leaves little enough mark on the immediate surroundings that any residual resonance will wash away with the sunrise, figuratively speaking. Obviously, some further research needs to be done, preferably not in the field."

He nodded to Joakim, "I think... if I can help give the girl an extension, a delay or possibly even a pardon from execution, it will help mr. Willis greatly. He performed commendably despite his moral objections - which I share - but the poor man's soul is all the heavier for knowing he helped capture a child who will be sent to... well..."
He smiled, "I'm not so daft as to give her a knife on the first day and then turn my back... I will make damn sure I have reliable help, as a safety measure. She can not be trusted, true; she can however be predicted, even manipulated with the odd temptation and distraction. I... hope I can make something work."
He nodded, "The statement doesn't seem to make sense - but that's likely because we are not privy to one or more crucial pieces of the puzzle. It will likely be made clear soon enough. And... she doesn't remember her birth name, her Fallen name isn't something we can pronounce, but... she'd like to be called Anna."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Colin sighed, "I think if we could rescue the well-loved ward of the Marauder in question, she would be very eager to disappear into a pocket realm far from Earth and never show her face here again... but as you say, she will likely not get to enjoy that luxury, since she actually did attack us."

"Hum...what do you need to rescue this ward then?"
Master Min said then he sigh.
"Well that is the problem, there is no law that demand the death of this Marauder woman, but she is a danger if she have come back to our physical reality and created trouble."

He pondered, "I do wonder, though, if using the entropic tass to fuel directly into a dynamic spell might serve to cancel out the resonances - it would explain the visible results of the rather hideous shards of primal energy; looks disgusting there and then, but leaves little enough mark on the immediate surroundings that any residual resonance will wash away with the sunrise, figuratively speaking. Obviously, some further research needs to be done, preferably not in the field."

"Dynamic and Static Resonance cancel one another out and balance one another, Entropic not so much, but the Dynamic influence can soften the forces of destruction."
The old Hermetic said.
"However as I have not seen your rote in person I can not comment to much on what it do, or how, I agree that it is worth further research though, and yes not in the field."

He nodded to Joakim, "I think... if I can help give the girl an extension, a delay or possibly even a pardon from execution, it will help mr. Willis greatly. He performed commendably despite his moral objections - which I share - but the poor man's soul is all the heavier for knowing he helped capture a child who will be sent to... well..."

"Avoiding execution for the child should not be to hard, avoiding...that ritual though is harder. I agree though this will probably weigh heavily on young Mr Willis' soul, I should probably go find him and see how he is doing. As for the girl, I am sure Joe would feel better about it if she was not Gilgulled, but the question is if that should be avoided and if show how to avoid it."

He smiled, "I'm not so daft as to give her a knife on the first day and then turn my back... I will make damn sure I have reliable help, as a safety measure. She can not be trusted, true; she can however be predicted, even manipulated with the odd temptation and distraction. I... hope I can make something work."

Joakim nodded at that.
"Hum...well I wish you good luck, though I have my doubts. What will you do though if the girl gets...well you know...if you connect to her loosing her in such a way will be quite painful and tragic."

He nodded, "The statement doesn't seem to make sense - but that's likely because we are not privy to one or more crucial pieces of the puzzle. It will likely be made clear soon enough. And... she doesn't remember her birth name, her Fallen name isn't something we can pronounce, but... she'd like to be called Anna."

"Anna it is then...hum...yes it seams that Founts these days are rather chatty and also tend to have enough information to speak frustratingly in riddles."
He said with some sadness in his voice.
"I hope you figure it out good man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Colin frowned, "To rescue her friend, well... a precise location would be helpful. We are, of course, working toward that end, but it's tricky to pinpoint the damnable place. And, well, there is the fact that she attacked with intent to kill or maim - it was only good luck and a well placed primium bullet that saved us. We... are working on how to put her case in a sympathetic light, but the laws are hardly the most flexible, unfortunately."
He grinned, "Well, it would be my pleasure to show you, but I seem to be running low on the entropic tass I confiscated from miss Jerkins downstairs. It's proven quite useful for a makeshift grenade, in fact... though it creates a prime blade that looks like a pus-oozing sore in Reality."

He gave Joakim a weak smile, "Well, we'd just have to find the girl a Mentor, wouldn't we? If that can be arranged, if she can get a guide to bring her Avatar back to the light, well... a Tradition member would stand a slightly better chance than a Nephandus."
Colin's face shifted for a moment, a mask of steely resolve, "If that happens, there will be one more ghost haunting my dreams... I have lost people before; it will not stop me from forging new bonds. That way, well... let's just say that there are many forms of harmful isolation and solitude - not all of them need an absence of other people... I nearly lost one dear friend that way this week; I can handle fighting to protect those I can from that deplorable ritual."
He nodded, "Seems that they've attained somewhat more personality since they became, hm, more distinct individuals, I suppose. And riddles seems to be rather necessary to gain enlightenment; to drive us to find answers and explanations before the conundrums drive us up the wall. I'm sure I'll figure it out, I just don't know whether or not I will like the answer."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Colin frowned, "To rescue her friend, well... a precise location would be helpful. We are, of course, working toward that end, but it's tricky to pinpoint the damnable place. And, well, there is the fact that she attacked with intent to kill or maim - it was only good luck and a well placed primium bullet that saved us. We... are working on how to put her case in a sympathetic light, but the laws are hardly the most flexible, unfortunately."

"I see well that can be a problem, when it comes to Marauders though, the law is more a tradition than hard and fast rules, you see there are still considerable debate on whatever or not the Mad Ones are indeed enemies of Ascension."
The old judge said.
"It is wisdom more than law that would command that such a person as this Marauder med killed, what if she comes back and attacks someone again? Mercy is a good quality but it have to be ruled by reason."
He said softly.

He grinned, "Well, it would be my pleasure to show you, but I seem to be running low on the entropic tass I confiscated from miss Jerkins downstairs. It's proven quite useful for a makeshift grenade, in fact... though it creates a prime blade that looks like a pus-oozing sore in Reality."

"Off course, off course...save the weapons you have for the Nephandi Mr Wainwright, I merely meant that since I have not observed the spell, I can not comment to much about it, nor it's effect on Resonance, but I am sure it is quite inventive."
Master Min said and waved the suggestion away with a hand.
"Do not give it another thought, I am sure I will learn more about your rote in time."

He gave Joakim a weak smile, "Well, we'd just have to find the girl a Mentor, wouldn't we? If that can be arranged, if she can get a guide to bring her Avatar back to the light, well... a Tradition member would stand a slightly better chance than a Nephandus."

"Indeed a Tradition member would have the right for a trial for one and there are ways to stall that can be used, the question is who would be mad enough to apprentice a lost Nephandi child?"
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.

Colin's face shifted for a moment, a mask of steely resolve, "If that happens, there will be one more ghost haunting my dreams... I have lost people before; it will not stop me from forging new bonds. That way, well... let's just say that there are many forms of harmful isolation and solitude - not all of them need an absence of other people... I nearly lost one dear friend that way this week; I can handle fighting to protect those I can from that deplorable ritual."

"Hum...well if you can handle the heartache then your endeavor is noble, it is insane if you allow me to say so and do not take offense, but it is noble."
The old hedge wizard said.
"Just as long as you know that down the path you walk...there is probably tragedy."
Then he sigh and shook his head and gave you and apologetic smile.
"Ah forgive me Mr Wainwright, your actions are not for me to counsel, you walk your own path, and while I doubt the outcome I do wish you the best."

He nodded, "Seems that they've attained somewhat more personality since they became, hm, more distinct individuals, I suppose. And riddles seems to be rather necessary to gain enlightenment; to drive us to find answers and explanations before the conundrums drive us up the wall. I'm sure I'll figure it out, I just don't know whether or not I will like the answer."

"Often it is the answers we do not like, that impart the most wisdom my good man, but yes, they do seam to be guides but they show the path, rather than lead the way directly."
Joakim said then he looked away.
"As such my Gift is simpler...and yet I wish..."
He took a deep breath.
"Well now, that is neither here nor there...so since you have completed one part of the plan we have for the evening, shall we discuss the other parts?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:24 pm

For a moment, he looked as if he'd just looked at bright light, or had a great idea, or fitted all the disparate concepts banging around in the back of his head into something workable, dazzled with a touch of splendor. Things he'd seen others demonstrate. How to turn his Words into fire like his pater (and what most expected out of his House). Hold someone down under an air wall as Hayden had. Other ideas swept over him, an entire new scope of sounds and vibrations at his fingertips, stranger combinations of the forces, of sound. He already knew Words for some of them, had seen the rotes done. They were at the tip of his tongue, at the tips of his fingers.

The insight was heady and tempting but he had been pummeled by revelations both good and bad the entire week (it felt like more, and it was) and had survived his Seeking which had burned away some of the baser impulses (not all of them). That nascent, fickle desire to try it and see what he could do now, what the new limitations were, to open the door (right now) had to be captured and put to use. In this moment of sizzling thoughts, divergent trails burned brightly through is mind but he had no course to follow right then. He was at some kind of threshold. The door was there but it was no longer locked to him, his hand was firmly upon it and he was going to open it when he needed to go through it. Which was not standing in his sodalis' office making a clandestine phone call. At least he hoped not. But perhaps he would have course to craft such ars soon. He blinked as he pushed the return as phone call option on Tyler's (not her true Name's) text, feeling the flex of his working around him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:35 pm

You can feel just a flicker of emotion inside of you, yours and yet not yours, not words but an emotion of being pleased from your Avatar, it was just a flicker, the grand angel did not praise often or much, but it was pleased over your new understanding, and more pleased yet over your restraint, then that flicker of the consciousness of your Gift, your Holy Guardian Angel retreated back into the deepest core of your being.

"Yes, it is I."
You hear Tyler reply and this time you hear the sounds of her followers moving around her, you hear a man shout something about a car that needed some work done on the gear box and a child was laughing.
"Let me just go to another room Mr Roth Hicks."
The vampiress said and you hear a door open and close and then she spoke again.
"Then no one should be overhearing."

(OOC: Then you can mark Forces 3 on Adley's character sheet if you have not already done so. We have another Disciple.)

(OOC: Sorry for my late replies today, I ended up with doing something wrong when washing my near ankle length hair and have spent the day untangling it. Razz Tomorrow I might be a bit slow as well as I am going home and will be on a train all day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:56 pm

Colin nodded, "The woman is dangerous... however, her madness is not the sort that makes her unpredictable or violent, she merely lives in a different time. She is perfectly rational. She was, in fact, quite deliberately provoked when the Nephandi butchered her entire little clan of Marauders in their pocket realm and framed Steelhaven Hall for the atrocity..."
He grinned, "Well, in lieu of an immediate demonstration, I'm sure Master Harris will be delighted to show off given opportunity - I asked him not to pass it on before I've had it properly registered and patented, for lack of a more accurate term, but he is certainly free to develop further applications for it."

Colin arched an eyebrow to mirror Joakim's expression, and smiled, "Who indeed... I do have someone in mind, if he's able."
He shook his head, "Your counsel is appreciated. I do believe, though, that avoiding good deeds for fear of tragedy is worse than trying to do something noble and failing. Failing without even trying is probably the worst one could do..."
He smiled sadly, "Your Gift may appear simpler, but it's no weaker, no lesser than mine. I do not claim to wish to tread your path, but should I end up in the same circumstances... I should hope to live up to your example."
He nodded, "Right, One Night in Chicago, Stage... five? Six? I've lost count... Your office for further planning, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:40 am

Friday:
Tane felt the tranquility through the nerves and the fear it had been feeling, and smiled. Now that they both were in peace, he understood that both him and beatrice would be united deeply from now on. It was not always that you could come to a relation so close between two souls, wether it would be the relationship Amadeus was specting or not.
Tane rumiated this for a long time, as he helped beatrice relax.

Saturday:
We can say we were atacked, or we could call the Solificato again. Tane proposed.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:27 am

"Yes, it is I." You hear Tyler reply and this time you hear the sounds of her followers moving around her, you hear a man shout something about a car that needed some work done on the gear box and a child was laughing. "Let me just go to another room Mr Roth Hicks." The vampiress said and you hear a door open and close and then she spoke again. "Then no one should be overhearing."

"Very well," he said with a small frown as he heard his name. He waited until the door closed and asked, "You're alone?" After all, last time she'd had a stray ear hiding out. Assuming she was being legitimate, it was to her own benefit to be careful.

// Nice! I'll mark it out then, thanks. Lol another Disciple, or from our earlier conversation with how the rankings are all different not just in game but out of game, a 6th degree Adept within the order ; )

Also that sounds like a PITA, de-tangling that much hair. Ouch D: Have a safe trip!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The woman is dangerous... however, her madness is not the sort that makes her unpredictable or violent, she merely lives in a different time. She is perfectly rational. She was, in fact, quite deliberately provoked when the Nephandi butchered her entire little clan of Marauders in their pocket realm and framed Steelhaven Hall for the atrocity..."

"Hum...a Marauder with her mind stuck in another time, quite interesting, what time is it this woman believe that she live in? I mean there are some rather stuck in time Chantries out there, realms as well, if she is close in her perceptions and beliefs to one of them I might be able to arrange something for her, and then she will be watched over by others."
Master Min suggested.

He grinned, "Well, in lieu of an immediate demonstration, I'm sure Master Harris will be delighted to show off given opportunity - I asked him not to pass it on before I've had it properly registered and patented, for lack of a more accurate term, but he is certainly free to develop further applications for it."

"Yes that is wise, such a rote can gain you both resources and status Mr Wainwright. I can handle the paperwork if you wish, registering that rote to your name as you say, for a lack of a better term."
The Enforcer offered.

Colin arched an eyebrow to mirror Joakim's expression, and smiled, "Who indeed... I do have someone in mind, if he's able."

Joakim just gave a nod at that.
"Very well then Mr Wainwright."

He shook his head, "Your counsel is appreciated. I do believe, though, that avoiding good deeds for fear of tragedy is worse than trying to do something noble and failing. Failing without even trying is probably the worst one could do..."

"I agree young man, I agree, and hopefully your endeavor will work out and if it do not then at least it might give young Miss Anna a few months of happiness rather than her just lingering in a cell somewhere, which is a good thing in itself."

He smiled sadly, "Your Gift may appear simpler, but it's no weaker, no lesser than mine. I do not claim to wish to tread your path, but should I end up in the same circumstances... I should hope to live up to your example."

"Well let us hope that do not happen, but thank you."
The old hedge wizard gave you a warm smile.
"It is not power I miss though then again most linear mages have never been Awakened and are perfectly fine with what they got, but at time I wish I to had such a inner voice."
He said sadly.
"Well that is neither here nor there and reality is what it is...I do appreciate your kindness and your words though."

He nodded, "Right, One Night in Chicago, Stage... five? Six? I've lost count... Your office for further planning, then?"

"Yes my office it is."
Joakim begun then the front doors swung open and Philippa Arden came in, she was back from her trip to Cerberus and she looked somewhat dismayed. Joakim bowed to the old Verbena woman and she inclined her head to him.
"Lady Philippa, how where your trip...oh the Deacons are in session, all but Master Harris he probably just left his vote and left the room like usual."
Philippa glanced up a Joakim.
"It was...eventful Joakim...hum...ah hello again Mr Wainwright..."
She said as she saw you.
"It is a surprise to see you here."
Then she turned to Joakim again.
"What are the others discussing?"
"The building site Node my Lady."
"I see, I should probably join them, but what on earth is going on here?"
Philippa asked sounding rather tired.

Adley:

"Yes I think so I hear or sense no one in here so yes I should be alone."
Tyler replied.
"And the boy that where hiding in here the last time is playing out in the main area, I just passed him."

(OOC: Indeed a 6th degree adept within the Order, and to make it even more confusing each Tradition have their own name for the Spheres as well, or operate with their own system internally. Also thank you, hopefully the trains will run today though since there is a warning of flooding apparently trains do not run well under water. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next