Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 8 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:26 am

Friday:

Tane felt the tranquility through the nerves and the fear it had been feeling, and smiled. Now that they both were in peace, he understood that both him and beatrice would be united deeply from now on. It was not always that you could come to a relation so close between two souls, wether it would be the relationship Amadeus was specting or not.
Tane rumiated this for a long time, as he helped beatrice relax.

Your Avatar remained with Beatrice's broken forest god, gently stroking it's thorn wings and you feel the other Avatar relaxing, it was not used to kindness, and while it's corruption, it's wrongness could be felt, and it was a disgusting thing you could also feel it's love for it's small host and finally the acceptance of the presence of your own soul and this closeness did appear to help, probably it did not soothe it's pain but it helped with the fear and despair the forest god was feeling and that in turn helped the young Verbena get some rest, she still whimpered in her sleep but at least she was reasonably calm.

Saturday:

We can say we were atacked, or we could call the Solificato again. Tane proposed.

"We call Arn I think, we should not bring a taxi to close to the Chantry right now."
Henrietta said and fished her phone out of her pocket.

(OOC: Is Tane going to do anything else in the Friday storyline or are we going to end that there and say he have caught up to the rest of the game?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 8 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Adley Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:13 am

"Yes I think so I hear or sense no one in here so yes I should be alone." Tyler replied. "And the boy that where hiding in here the last time is playing out in the main area, I just passed him."

His eyes narrowed a little and he tried to concentrate on what he was doing. "Very well then. This is the address," he said. He gave her the apartment address and an ETA with a bit of a buffer to account for the unexpected. "Once this is taken care of, we'll have to keep each other apprised..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 am

"Very well, thank you, it will take my grandchilde and the ghoul about ten minutes give or take to get there."
Tyler informed you.
"I will send them so that they get there about the same time as your ETA, and yes I agree we need to keep one another appraised."
She said then her voice softened a bit.
"Mr Roth Hicks, please be kind to Karl...and to Dennis..."
She asked.
"I hate this situation."
The vampiress muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:28 am

"Very well, thank you, it will take my grandchilde and the ghoul about ten minutes give or take to get there." Tyler informed you. "I will send them so that they get there about the same time as your ETA, and yes I agree we need to keep one another appraised."

"If you can give me a few minutes, that would be good. Make sure everything is clear."

"Mr Roth Hicks, please be kind to Karl...and to Dennis..." She asked. "I hate this situation." The vampiress muttered.

"It's the best solution under the current unpleasant circumstances, at least of the choices we had at our disposal. I wish there was some other way but since there's not, we're doing what we can. And yes...the situation is hardly ideal but I have no cause to be unkind. Firm perhaps and considerate of the timing and other pressing issues we're all having, but not unkind. I know these are your children and it must be difficult, yet we both know what is at hand now and we've got to stop it. Which is why you'll need to excuse me. Do call if something turns up that's important and I will do the same."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 am

"If you can give me a few minutes, that would be good. Make sure everything is clear."

"Very well, I can do that."
Tyler agreed.

"It's the best solution under the current unpleasant circumstances, at least of the choices we had at our disposal. I wish there was some other way but since there's not, we're doing what we can.

"I know Mr Roth Hicks, at times there are no good solutions but at least Dennis and Karl will be safe."
The vampiress said and sigh then she added.
"And at least if I and my offspring get wiped out in the aftermath of this whole mess, there will be someone there to continue my bloodline."

And yes...the situation is hardly ideal but I have no cause to be unkind. Firm perhaps and considerate of the timing and other pressing issues we're all having, but not unkind.

"That is all I am asking."
Tyler said softly.

I know these are your children and it must be difficult, yet we both know what is at hand now and we've got to stop it. Which is why you'll need to excuse me. Do call if something turns up that's important and I will do the same."

"I know, I will be ready to move on Abigail and Khalid is working on what we discussed and are ready to act when you give signal for it. Be careful Mr Roth Hicks, mages are no more durable than regular human beings I hear, do not get yourself killed."
The vampiress said before she hung up on the call.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:56 am

"That is all I am asking." Tyler said softly.

"I'll do the best that I can."

"I know, I will be ready to move on Abigail and Khalid is working on what we discussed and are ready to act when you give signal for it. Be careful Mr Roth Hicks, mages are no more durable than regular human beings I hear, do not get yourself killed."
The vampiress said before she hung up on the call.

"Very well, until then," he said, and pressed the button to end the call. He sighed, pocketed his phone and looked over at Joakim before he turned to leave. "Wish us good luck and the same to you, sir."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:14 am

"I'll do the best that I can."

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."

"Very well, until then," he said, and pressed the button to end the call. He sighed, pocketed his phone and looked over at Joakim before he turned to leave. "Wish us good luck and the same to you, sir."

"Good luck, stay safe."
Joakim said and nodded.

Once you left the office and got to the lobby you see Kristina standing there, her long hair neatly secured into a bun again to have it out of the way in case of trouble, beside of her stood a short, pretty woman with dyed dark hair in jaw length curls, very dark blue eyes and a nice smile, she was wearing a short black dress, thorn leggings and a black leather jacket.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
Kristina said and waved to you.
"Is all ready?"
She asked then she indicated the younger mage beside of her.
"This is Rosemary Cardell bani Verbena."
She said and the young witch offered her hand in greeting.
"Hi"
She said shyly.
"Nice to meet you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Colin sighed, "Alas, she is stuck quite some time away - the tenth or eleventh century. She had some difficulty understanding how we could afford so many spices in the food... Fortunately, I'm a capable cook with some old recipes from my mother's side, so I was able to provide her a hearty meal with mostly traditional European spices. I like the idea of looking up a, hm, time-skewed Chantry out there for assistance, though."
He smiled, "I would appreciate that - in fact, I have a second rote I should like to file as well, a cloak of sorts that bars magical detection. I'm still working on the formal description, mind."

He nodded to Joakim, "Offering kindness and mercy to an enemy is not the same as conspiring with them, after all - especially not when that enemy might become an ally. I trust you've read Sun Tzu's comments on wasting valuable resources and personnel?"
He bowed swiftly and respectfully to Lady Arden, "Milady, well met again. Some of my Chantrymates and myself came here to rescue a child from the Fallen. A mission which, it seems, has taken on multiple complications in the process, I'm afraid. There's... rather a lot going on, between internecine squabbles among the vampires of Chicago, backstabbing among the Fallen, and the unfortunate loss of a Mercere Chantry... It's been a very long day."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Colin sighed, "Alas, she is stuck quite some time away - the tenth or eleventh century. She had some difficulty understanding how we could afford so many spices in the food... Fortunately, I'm a capable cook with some old recipes from my mother's side, so I was able to provide her a hearty meal with mostly traditional European spices. I like the idea of looking up a, hm, time-skewed Chantry out there for assistance, though."

"Hum...there are a couple of old Covenants, that is what my Order called Chantries before we formed the Traditions, as modern times and the reality that the Union have formed for us came rolling these old centers of magick got pushed out into the Umbra, in some of them life have not changed much since those days, that might be an option and might be a place where this Marauder of yours can live a happy life, would you like me to send the two Covenants I am thinking about a letter and inquire about the possibilities of taking on a house guest?"
The old judge offered.

He smiled, "I would appreciate that - in fact, I have a second rote I should like to file as well, a cloak of sorts that bars magical detection. I'm still working on the formal description, mind."

Min nodded he rummaged around in one of his drawers and found two sheets of paper.
"Alright, if you would fill out this paperwork and get the signature of two witnesses that have seen the two rotes in question I will send the paperwork out in the morning together with the copied documents you wanted."
The old Quesitor said and handed you the papers that contained space to write a short description of the rote, your name, place for signatures and the signature of a preceding Enforcer.
"Or if you want to wait until you have the description thought out you can do that as well, it will then be sent to my House's Domus Magna Magvillus in Italy where there will be examined if anything similar have been registered and if not the rotes will be registered to your name. If you prefer though as you are not Hermetic the paperwork can also be sent to Horizon for the same process."
He explained.

He nodded to Joakim, "Offering kindness and mercy to an enemy is not the same as conspiring with them, after all - especially not when that enemy might become an ally. I trust you've read Sun Tzu's comments on wasting valuable resources and personnel?"

"You are correct Mr Wainwright, and yes I have read Sun Tzu's comments, let us hope that is what the girl turns out to be, a resource...well at the very least showing her kindness if she is as naive as you say might inspire her to let slip information we can use about our enemies."

He bowed swiftly and respectfully to Lady Arden, "Milady, well met again. Some of my Chantrymates and myself came here to rescue a child from the Fallen. A mission which, it seems, has taken on multiple complications in the process, I'm afraid.

Philippa smiles a little and give you a polite nod.
"I see, well I hope the rescuing of this child go well then, as well as your complications. Let me guess the reason why we again are discussing the contested Node I am sure you have heard about are these complications of yours?"

There's... rather a lot going on, between internecine squabbles among the vampires of Chicago, backstabbing among the Fallen, and the unfortunate loss of a Mercere Chantry... It's been a very long day."

"We have lost the Post Office oh dear that is not good."
The old verbena said and sounded regretful.
"And problems with vampires I do hope...my apprentice's husband is not involved, you see one of my students have had the ill sense to marry one of the creatures."
She said and sigh.
"I come from trouble at Cerberus and it seams there is trouble brewing here as well, I better speak with my fellow Deacons and find out what is going on."
She said sounding dismayed.
"If you will excuse me gentlemen."
She said and gave both you and Joakim a polite smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:18 pm

((Let's say they slept there. We start monday?))

Saturday:
Tañe noded and they both got their ride. Once on the Chantry, he went to see Master Çita
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Colin smiled, "That might be appreciable... If you could have the, er, addresses of those old Covenants forwarded to Chief Jeffry Morgan of Steelhaven Hall, that would perhaps be the most expedient, since he is the, well, resident officer in charge, as it were."
He pondered briefly, "I think i should prefer to take my time properly describing the rotes in question - that way, I could also include cross-Paradigm explanations; the quintessence funnel as I use it should be understandable enough for a Hermetic, but I also managed to teach it to Master Harris, whose Paradigm is... by a different sort of logic. The scrambling cloak, well, I managed to teach that to a Euthanatos, which as well is a very different Paradigm. As such, verification that I managed to teach the rotes to others should certainly speak in my favour... and I think I should prefer having them sent directly to Horizon. The first rote, at least, should be of immeasurable value to researchers."

He pondered and smiled smugly, "I don't think she's so much naive as innocent of the world, if that term can be applied. That said, she seems quite sincere, and that does have merit in and of itself. Besides, I would hardly call miss Jerkins downstairs naive, yet she let slip valuable information quite nicely in the face of kindness."
He smiled to Lady Arden, "The abducted girl is safe and sound. She was intended as a vampire's child bride, but we managed to rescue her in time, and take a prisoner which has proven helpful in unraveling Nephandi activities in both Chicago and Boston."
He sighed, "The loss of the Mercere Chantry was... less tragic than it might have otherwise been - what is lost is essentially bricks and mortar; though their Deacon Primus is in... poor health, everyone else is essentially well, the portal on the premises is removed from play, and the Nephandi lost at least half a dozen of their members, including at least a couple of Masters, maybe more. All magical equipment and mail was safely evacuated, as far as I know. All in all, I think we came out on top of that debacle."
He shook his head, "Mrs. Knox' husband is not implicated. It revolves around the boy Nicolai, who is casting his lot with the Fallen and trying to convince the Prince that it is a good idea..."
He bowed, "By your leave, Milady."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Tane:

(OOC: No one is at Monday yet, so we will just be continuing with the Saturday storyline as everyone else is at the game is currently late evening on Saturday.)

Henrietta nodded she made the call, and after a short while the Solificato returned to pick you up.
"Are you both ok?"
He asked as you and Henrietta got in. The hedge wizard nodded.
"Yeah are fine, thank you, did the prisoner get delivered ok and what about Coawa?"
She said.
"Yeah the Nephandus is in the basement, and Mr Coawa is being taken care of."
Arn said as he begun to drive towards the Chantry.

Once you where back at Steelhaven you found Cita on her way back up the stairs, she was carrying a cup of coffee that she had been down to the kitchen to get.
"Ah Tane, hello, how did things go? You did not get injured did you?"
She asked as she noticed the blood on your clothing.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "That might be appreciable... If you could have the, er, addresses of those old Covenants forwarded to Chief Jeffry Morgan of Steelhaven Hall, that would perhaps be the most expedient, since he is the, well, resident officer in charge, as it were."

"Very well I can do that, it is not so much addresses as locations in the Umbra, the cipher to figuring out the way to get to them though the byroads of the spirit world, but I guess you can call that an address as well, I will contact Master Morgan with the information."

He pondered briefly, "I think i should prefer to take my time properly describing the rotes in question - that way, I could also include cross-Paradigm explanations; the quintessence funnel as I use it should be understandable enough for a Hermetic, but I also managed to teach it to Master Harris, whose Paradigm is... by a different sort of logic. The scrambling cloak, well, I managed to teach that to a Euthanatos, which as well is a very different Paradigm.

"That is quite impressive it is hard to work with a willworker of such differing Paradigms."
Min said and nodded in acknowledgement.
"Very well, then you have the paperwork at least and any Enforcer should be able to help you file them when you are ready."

As such, verification that I managed to teach the rotes to others should certainly speak in my favour... and I think I should prefer having them sent directly to Horizon. The first rote, at least, should be of immeasurable value to researchers."

"Well the signatures of those you have thought the rotes to should certainly do for witnesses, again you can either file the finished paper work with me, or another Enforcer of your choice when you are ready for it and then just ask them to have it sent to Horizon."

He pondered and smiled smugly, "I don't think she's so much naive as innocent of the world, if that term can be applied. That said, she seems quite sincere, and that does have merit in and of itself. Besides, I would hardly call miss Jerkins downstairs naive, yet she let slip valuable information quite nicely in the face of kindness."

"A innocent Nephandus that is about as logical as dry water, then again I have seen stranger things made by Adepts of Matter."
Joakim said with a bit of a smile then he nodded.
"Yeah I remember once a New World Order man was captured, he refused to speak and eventually there was little choice but to try to force it out of him, and yet the information he gave under torture was useless, he did however let slip several important pieces of information to the mere first level apprentice that was tending to his wounds afterwards..."
The old hedge wizard said.
"Indeed kindness can be a weapon."

He smiled to Lady Arden, "The abducted girl is safe and sound. She was intended as a vampire's child bride, but we managed to rescue her in time, and take a prisoner which has proven helpful in unraveling Nephandi activities in both Chicago and Boston."

"A vampire child bride...that is...horrible..."
Philippa exclaimed.
"You and your group have done a good thing in rescuing her then and a prisoner willing to talk can be most useful."
She added and gave you a polite smile.

He sighed, "The loss of the Mercere Chantry was... less tragic than it might have otherwise been - what is lost is essentially bricks and mortar; though their Deacon Primus is in... poor health, everyone else is essentially well, the portal on the premises is removed from play, and the Nephandi lost at least half a dozen of their members, including at least a couple of Masters, maybe more. All magical equipment and mail was safely evacuated, as far as I know. All in all, I think we came out on top of that debacle."

"It do indeed seam that the Fallen took this piece at a cost so great that it's loss was a boon to us, the Post Office was a symbolically important building, but we can get the Mercere a new building to house them and contract a Verditius to make a new portal for them...I do feel bad about poor Wolfgang, he is such a kind man, I will have to arrange to visit him...but the others are well then? That is a relief."
Philippa said then she nodded.
"Taking some of the Nephandi's Masters of the table is a good thing Mr Wainwright, they seldom have many of them."

He shook his head, "Mrs. Knox' husband is not implicated. It revolves around the boy Nicolai, who is casting his lot with the Fallen and trying to convince the Prince that it is a good idea..."

"Thank the gods for that. I see I have heard the name of this Nicolai before, a little trouble maker, if he have allied himself with the Fallen though, perhaps it is starting to be about time to do something about him."
The fine old Verbena lady said.

He bowed, "By your leave, Milady."

"Off course Mr Wainwright...Chief Joakim..."
Philippa said and inclined her head to you both before she left to go and see what the other Deacons where up to in their meeting.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:21 pm

"Mr Roth Hicks." Kristina said and waved to you. "Is all ready?" She asked then she indicated the younger mage beside of her.
"This is Rosemary Cardell bani Verbena."
She said and the young witch offered her hand in greeting. "Hi" She said shyly. "Nice to meet you."

He raised a hand back to Kristina and then nodded to Rosemary. "Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. My pleasure to meet you as well," he said as he took her hand and gave it a small squeeze and let it go. "If you don't mind we'll discuss things on the way? We're on the clock," he said apologetically.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:04 pm

No, i didn't but Coawa was hurt with silver. I'm heading to see him. We found two nephandi and we killed one and captured the other. I got this, a lot of shard of avatar. The nephandus were placing them.

What could you tell of the one i brought earlier? Might it have been poisoned?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Colin nodded, "I think I would find it extremely difficult to work in concert with either of the two gents in question. Fitting my explanation to what I understand of their respective Paradigms, however, is far easier. In fact, I find the programming logic of the Virtual Adepts quite straightforward, even if I can't even write a workable mundane computer program to pick random lottery numbers anymore... Or rather, I can still write such a program, but the computers for which I learned those skills haven't really been available for nearly thirty years. Plus, you just don't get the cassette tapes anymore..."
He smiled, "I expect you'll receive the paperwork within the week, then."

He grinned to Joakim, "A nice simile, but there are several forms of innocence. She does seem less... familiar with the ways of the world, even though she's a bit too comfortable with what passes for light evening entertainment in the Labyrinth."
He grimaced, "Yes, kindness can be sharper than a serpent's tooth at times..."
He nodded to Philippa, "We were in luck. Doubly so, as I was... informed by an old friend that there was a renegade HIT-Mark in the building willing to help us save a child. That's a long and convoluted story, though."
He smiled, "There is another bit of good news... I was able to rescue a young Awakened girl and her mother - it would appear the girl's Avatar may be the same as resided in Wolfgang previously. It... may be possible that letting the girl visit him in the morning will be good for him, or at least ease some of his pain. In either case, the girl is a quite powerful addition to your honorable Chantry in spite of her young age."
He looked briefly enbarassed, "I, er, may be subject to some harsh criticism in regards to the post office, and quite well deservedly so, but I stand by my actions."
He gave Joakim a smile as they turned back toward his office, "A lady of grace and nobility. And exquisite taste in tea."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Devon:

hello chief... we apparently have another injured Nephandus downstair and i was asked to get some magical restraining cuffs, for him if you would be so kind.. he is being tended to at this moment by Mr Rush"

"I see, thank you I had not been informed, another prisoner we seam to be stacking up quite a collection."
Jeffry said and his brow knitted into a frown.
"Well then come into my office I do not have any spare cuffs to use but there are other means to restrain his magick that we can use."
He said and turned towards his office door.

"also i have a concern...i know i am knew to all of this.... but ... this strokes me as a trojan horse scenario.. i could be way off the Mark... but that's my concern ! " Devon finishes

"Hum...well the two Nephandi we have now where captured in completely different situations. I do not think you have to worry but better safe than sorry. I have sent a communication to Horizon to get Diego transported to Horizon, we might want to speed that up."
The old mage agreed.

"thank you sire... now about those restraints?" Devon queries

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Adley:

He raised a hand back to Kristina and then nodded to Rosemary. "Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. My pleasure to meet you as well," he said as he took her hand and gave it a small squeeze and let it go. "If you don't mind we'll discuss things on the way? We're on the clock," he said apologetically.

Kristina nodded to you. Rosemary smiles.
"Sure we can talk on the way, all I have been informed of is that we are picking up a vampire or something."
The young Verbena said as she begun to walk towards the garage.
"Are we taking my car?"
She inquired and Kristina nodded.
"Sure that works."

You and the two women got to the garage and Rosemary went to a dark green Ford ad unlocked the door and got into the front seat.
"So what do I need to know?"
She asked.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I think I would find it extremely difficult to work in concert with either of the two gents in question. Fitting my explanation to what I understand of their respective Paradigms, however, is far easier. In fact, I find the programming logic of the Virtual Adepts quite straightforward, even if I can't even write a workable mundane computer program to pick random lottery numbers anymore... Or rather, I can still write such a program, but the computers for which I learned those skills haven't really been available for nearly thirty years. Plus, you just don't get the cassette tapes anymore..."

"Hum...how can you explain a working to someone you can not work with Mr Wainwright?"
Master Min asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Ah yes I remember those computers you speak of...everything seam to go so fast these days, and every year development go faster."
He said with a bit of a sigh.

He smiled, "I expect you'll receive the paperwork within the week, then."

"Very well."
The judge said and nodded.

He grinned to Joakim, "A nice simile, but there are several forms of innocence. She does seem less... familiar with the ways of the world, even though she's a bit too comfortable with what passes for light evening entertainment in the Labyrinth."

"Light evening entertainment in a Labyrinth, now that do not sound good."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Even so if her mentor have kept her mostly chained to the books so to say she might not be used to dealing with the world, making her rather helpless, something that is sadly easy to exploit.Hopefully though when we exploit it something good will come of it."

He grimaced, "Yes, kindness can be sharper than a serpent's tooth at times..."

"That it can, that it can."
The old hedge wizard agreed.

He nodded to Philippa, "We were in luck. Doubly so, as I was... informed by an old friend that there was a renegade HIT-Mark in the building willing to help us save a child. That's a long and convoluted story, though."

"Hum...that is indeed good fortune Mr Wainwright."
Philippa said and nodded though she did frown a bit at the renegade HIT-Mark part.

He smiled, "There is another bit of good news... I was able to rescue a young Awakened girl and her mother - it would appear the girl's Avatar may be the same as resided in Wolfgang previously. It... may be possible that letting the girl visit him in the morning will be good for him, or at least ease some of his pain. In either case, the girl is a quite powerful addition to your honorable Chantry in spite of her young age."

"It seams you are in the habit of rescuing young Awakened children Mr Wainwright, well that is not a bad habit to have. Wolfgang's ehm...reincarnation you say, well indeed seeing that his Avatar is well might lift his spirit, though it might also be a painful reminder. I do hope it work out for the best, he is a good man Wolfgang, he do not deserve to suffer. It is fortunate that we now have this young mage at our Chantry though."
Philippa said and she looked quite pleased.

He looked briefly enbarassed, "I, er, may be subject to some harsh criticism in regards to the post office, and quite well deservedly so, but I stand by my actions."

"I do not know you well Mr Wainwright, but something tell me that you are a good man, I am sure you will weather this storm, and if you got the Mercere out alive, that should be good enough."
The old Verbena said softly.

He gave Joakim a smile as they turned back toward his office, "A lady of grace and nobility. And exquisite taste in tea."

"Lady Arden is quite the Lady indeed Mr Wainwright, Morningstar is lucky to have her as one of our Deacons."
Joakim said as he opened the door to his office and invited you inside.

Devon:

"Ah yes off course."
Jeffry said, he sent to a locked drawer in his desk and took out a small bottle with some green liquid and a small syringe.
"One dose of this into muscle every 24 hour, it is the piss of satan, made from a Union patent, but it do work and will keep our new guest from using magick."
He informed you.

Tane:

No, i didn't but Coawa was hurt with silver. I'm heading to see him. We found two nephandi and we killed one and captured the other. I got this, a lot of shard of avatar. The nephandus were placing them.

Cita accepted the stone containing the shards.
"I will see what I can do with this."
She said then she gave you a concerned look.
"Silver you say? That is quite serious for his kind is it not?"
The Spirit Healer asked.
"So we have another captive eh, it seams we are getting quite a collection, I better check his Avatar as well to see if he is a match for Miss Alexander, the shard you already brought me is not, I can not use that to heal her unfortunately."

What could you tell of the one i brought earlier? Might it have been poisoned?

"Why would it be poisoned? It is just a shard from a broken Avatar, an inverted Avatar."
Cita said and raised an eyebrow.

(OOC: The train lines broke down and I am stuck in a hotel not an ideal situation since I do not like to change plans suddenly so I am rather stressed. I will post when I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:11 pm

Colin smiled, "I cannot replicate Master Harris' methods, but I understand the basics of programming logic well enough to outline the, er, program structure. Sort of like if you know some basic biology and have examined an animal you don't know what is, and describe its distinguishing features to a zoologist. I could probably, well, hack together some sort of arcane interface for us to cooperate on an effect... but it would truly be a mighty feat of communication to do so. It does require some unusual mental calisthenics."

He nodded, "Well, if it helps, she did look forward to spending some time in a place with fewer... genitalia on the walls."
He smiled sadly to Philippa, "I try my best to be a good man. The Fates do seem to conspire to force me into some... colder pragmatism, but I try..."
He nodded, following Joakim inside.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:38 pm

"Ah yes off course."
Jeffry said, he sent to a locked drawer in his desk and took out a small bottle with some green liquid and a small syringe.
"One dose of this into muscle every 24 hour, it is the piss of satan, made from a Union patent, but it do work and will keep our new guest from using magick."
He informed you.

"thank you... Chief Morgan" Devon Departs an goes back to the holding area...with the solution and the syringe ,
which when he gets back he offers to Rush after explaining what it is.

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:08 am

He'll live. Can i help you with something? he asked with a tired smile The shards wouldn't make much of a damage. I mean, yeah, they would, but not thaaaat much. NOw, if they might strt to take the avatars in their path down or something like that, then that could be much more problematic.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:39 am

"Sure we can talk on the way, all I have been informed of is that we are picking up a vampire or something." The young Verbena said as she begun to walk towards the garage. "Are we taking my car?" She inquired and Kristina nodded.

"I'll explain when we're in the car," he said. As they got to the garage, he looked around to see if anyone was there. Then he said to Kristina, "do you think your car got spotted outside yet from our last trip?"

// Oh dear that doesn't sound very fun at all, I'm sorry you got stuck Anja - I hate when travel plans get messed up too, it's stressful enough as it is.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:26 am

Adley:

You see a woman in her mid 40's that are carrying bags of groceries in from her car, Kristina gave the woman a friendly wave of her hand, other than that there where no one around and for the most part the garage lay in silence. The two other mages got into the green Ford and Rosemary just waited for you to get in as well.
"As you will, you can explain on the way."
She said.

Devon:

Jeffry give you a nod.
"Put the guy in the wine cellar for now, we are running out of room."
He instructed before you leave.
"Thank you for informing me about this Mr Miles."

You get back to the basement and Rush give a sour look to the green solution in the bottle.
"I see, very well then I will use it."
He said you see that he for the most part have healed the prisoner's hand, there where only an area of soft, pink skin that looked a bit puffy where there once had been a big gash.
"Can you help me move him somewhere we can lock him up once I am done?"
Rush said as he started to fill the syringe.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I cannot replicate Master Harris' methods, but I understand the basics of programming logic well enough to outline the, er, program structure. Sort of like if you know some basic biology and have examined an animal you don't know what is, and describe its distinguishing features to a zoologist. I could probably, well, hack together some sort of arcane interface for us to cooperate on an effect... but it would truly be a mighty feat of communication to do so. It does require some unusual mental calisthenics."

"I see, well that do seam to make sense Mr Wainwright."
Master Min said.
"Even so you do seam to have a talent with this, with being able to explain things so other mages of vastly different methods and Paradigms can understand you, I have seen a few Orphans being able to do this, it is most impressive."

He nodded, "Well, if it helps, she did look forward to spending some time in a place with fewer... genitalia on the walls."

"Ah I see, well that is a sentiment I can understand, the Nephandi sense of style is somewhat...oh what was the name of that brilliant young Cultist of Ecstasy that became such a famous artist...Geiger...Giger...something..."
Joakim muttered as he tried to remember the name.

He smiled sadly to Philippa, "I try my best to be a good man. The Fates do seem to conspire to force me into some... colder pragmatism, but I try..."

There is a time for cold pragmatism Mr Wainwright and a time for compassion, most of the time though, in my humble opinion we need a balance of both. Look at Cabala, you have the pillar of mercy and the pillar of severity, but often the shortest path to enlightenment is to walk the golden path between them."
Philippa said and offered a small, polite smile.

He nodded, following Joakim inside.

Joakim went inside he lifted the coffee pot.
"Please sit Mr Wainwright, and would you like a cup?"
He asked then he said.
"Mr Roth Hicks should be well on his way to retrieving his vampire contact's relative, that leaves us with getting the Tremere elder out of Nephandi hands...and we have a basic plan for that...the question is do we wait for Mr Roth Hicks and also how do we get enough information about their wards to properly act?"

Tane:

He'll live. Can i help you with something? he asked with a tired smile

"Good to hear...well you could check up on Beatrice she had a bit of a shock earlier and I am quite concerned about her."
Cita said and frowned.

The shards wouldn't make much of a damage. I mean, yeah, they would, but not thaaaat much. NOw, if they might strt to take the avatars in their path down or something like that, then that could be much more problematic.

"One shard of glass do not do much damage Tane, a thousand of them in a whirlwind however. That being said I am not so sure that is is meant as a trap, it is more likely to be leftover of some internal fight or punishment among the Nephandi...in either case I found no poison."
The Spirit Healer said.

(OOC: Yeah and I have Aspergers syndrome I do not deal well with stress, but my mother have come to get me to drive me back to her house and I will have to try to get home again later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 am

The two other mages got into the green Ford and Rosemary just waited for you to get in as well. "As you will, you can explain on the way."

Adley followed and took up a seat, offering the keys out to someone else if they wanted to drive unless one of them already had. "Otherwise someone will have to play navigator a bit with me, I'm afraid." Once situated, he put the belt on and began to explain. "Essentially, on the face of it the mission is simple. We go to the apartment, do our best to make it secure so we can receive guests, one a vampire the other a ghoul. The ghoul is there for support and to ensure that the vampire can get to us in one piece, though he cannot come with us to the final destination. And I did check on your concern," he said with a nod to Kristina. "It has been accounted for." Then he said, "We have a signal to exchange, to make sure we are who we all say we are. The vampire has agreed to be confined to the stake in exchange for protection. He will then be escorted or transported elsewhere. You both will return home with this vehicle.  Now, that is assuming everything is at face value and there are no problems. It's always best to be cautious though, in the event things turn up. So I've asked for backup and help in case our enemies find us or if it turns out to be some other kind of trap. Also to assist me with the task, given I have no particular cause to do more harm than is needed. The vampire should at least be given a check over before he is transported as well. Those are the basics," he said, waiting to see if they had any questions before they spoke more about what had to be done to get all of that accomplished.

// No fun, glad to hear you got a ride out of that mess. FYI, I may be very busy tomorrow and the next day but I will do my best to keep pace.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:25 am

Colin smiled, "Thank you, Sir. If I am to have any chance at fulfilling my personal ambitions, I'm going to have to be able to explain things well across paradigms."

He arched an eyebrow ever so slightly, "H.R. Giger? Good God, that man gave me nightmares when I was ten... Hm, I seem to recall his death was reported sometime over the past two years... Was that for real, then, or was that just to cover up his leaving Earth for Horizon or some other distant safe location?"
He smiled and inclined his head a little, "The shortest path, perhaps... but if my walk curves toward the Pillar of Mercy, I'll be yet content to take a little longer."
He sat down and pondered, "A bit of caffeine now would be good, thank you... I think we will need Mr. Roth Hicks for this one - he may have picked up some more information about the place from his contact than he's quite aware of. Or he may learn some more from his retrieval run now. As for obtaining more information... Master Harris might be able to do some long-range scans of the place to look for magical protections and alarms. Might trigger some wards against scrying, if there are any, but he's the person i can think of offhand who might be the best person for the task."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Adley:

Adley followed and took up a seat, offering the keys out to someone else if they wanted to drive unless one of them already had. "Otherwise someone will have to play navigator a bit with me, I'm afraid."

"I can drive, it is what I do for a living anyway."
Rosemary said and took the keys and got into the drivers seat.

Once situated, he put the belt on and began to explain. "Essentially, on the face of it the mission is simple. We go to the apartment, do our best to make it secure so we can receive guests, one a vampire the other a ghoul. The ghoul is there for support and to ensure that the vampire can get to us in one piece, though he cannot come with us to the final destination.

"The apartment? Morningstar's apartment? The one we use when we do not want to take someone to the Chantry itself but we want a safe place to meet them non the less?"
Rosemary asked.
"I know where that is, it should not be to long of a drive, are we meeting the vampire and the what now there at the apartment or somewhere else and then dropping the what now of somewhere and taking the vampire to the apartment? That was a bit unclear."
She said as she started the car and maneuvered it out of the basement and onto the road.

And I did check on your concern," he said with a nod to Kristina. "It has been accounted for." Then he said,

Kristina nodded at that.
"Good, that should make things safer for everyone."
She said.
"Thank you."

Then he said, "We have a signal to exchange, to make sure we are who we all say we are. The vampire has agreed to be confined to the stake in exchange for protection. He will then be escorted or transported elsewhere. You both will return home with this vehicle.

"How will we ensure we all are who we say we are Mr Roth Hicks?"
Rosemary said.
"And staking do not that kill them."
Kristina shook her head.
"No it do not, it make them far easier to deal with though."
Rosemary nodded.
"Very well, picking up vampire, take him to the apartment, you do your thing and get sent somewhere else by Correspondence airlines and me and Kris go back home, sounds easy enough."

Now, that is assuming everything is at face value and there are no problems. It's always best to be cautious though, in the event things turn up. So I've asked for backup and help in case our enemies find us or if it turns out to be some other kind of trap. Also to assist me with the task, given I have no particular cause to do more harm than is needed.

"Yeah hope for the best, but prepare for there being three drunk Nephandi making sport out of you by manipulating fate."
Rosemary said and grinned.
"Roger that."
Kristina nodded.
"I will take care of the staking itself, it should be done quickly and as easily as I can manage, I will need one of you to keep guard while I work though and preferably the other to distract him and make sure he do not see the stake before it is in, it go easier that way."

The vampire should at least be given a check over before he is transported as well. Those are the basics," he said, waiting to see if they had any questions before they spoke more about what had to be done to get all of that accomplished.

"Any physical searches should be done before he is staked as moving him around afterwards will hurt him like hell, as for magickal searches yes it should be done but be aware that vampires have rather corrupted Resonance, if you work to much magick around them you will get Jhor, trust me on that."
Kristina said.
"Not that it is dangerous to work one spell on a vampire, not at all but it will feel...icky, to use a rather base term, imagine a Iteration X man gone Nephandi, corrupted stasis, that is what they feel like to work magick on them."
She warned.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Thank you, Sir. If I am to have any chance at fulfilling my personal ambitions, I'm going to have to be able to explain things well across paradigms."

"It could be profitable for you as well translating one spell to someone of another Paradigm, however please forgive me if I pry but what are your ambitions Mr Wainwright?"
Master Min inquired.

He arched an eyebrow ever so slightly, "H.R. Giger? Good God, that man gave me nightmares when I was ten... Hm, I seem to recall his death was reported sometime over the past two years... Was that for real, then, or was that just to cover up his leaving Earth for Horizon or some other distant safe location?"

"Yes that would be the man. I am not sure though, I did not know him and only know that he was a Cultist, it might be that he is dead, mages die as well, but he could also have left due to to much Paradox."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I have always found his work to be a little obscene."

He smiled and inclined his head a little, "The shortest path, perhaps... but if my walk curves toward the Pillar of Mercy, I'll be yet content to take a little longer."

"Well we all must find the path best suited for ourselves, not all of us need to walk the same steps."
Philippa said and smiles.
"And kindness and mercy have thier own wisdom Mir Wainwright."

He sat down and pondered, "A bit of caffeine now would be good, thank you... I think we will need Mr. Roth Hicks for this one - he may have picked up some more information about the place from his contact than he's quite aware of. Or he may learn some more from his retrieval run now. As for obtaining more information...

"Very well."
Joakim said and filled a green mug for you and handed you before he filled his own.
"I tend to agree, we want your Chantrymate for this task, and beside my good friends, the Umbroods I introduced him to do seam to like working with him and they can be useful for this."

Master Harris might be able to do some long-range scans of the place to look for magical protections and alarms. Might trigger some wards against scrying, if there are any, but he's the person i can think of offhand who might be the best person for the task."

"Very well, that might be a good idea and if his rotes trigger any wards then at least we know they are there, we have to ask Master Harris to help with that."
Joakim said and nodded.

(OOC: Yeah I am back home at my mother's place but I was rather stressed I do not deal with situations like that, I function well as long as all go according to plan but not otherwise. Ok just take your time, the game is not running away...unless it have become an Umbrood by so much posting and attention and do just than and we have to capture it again and tie it down. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next