Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:59 am

Devon:

"I find it unlikely it is a Minotaur, but we are all related."
Mara said and smiled.
"Well the Nephandi will want that man dead and that is most unfortunate..."
She said her eyes where on something else though, something you did not see.

Adley:

"Thank you, please keep an eye out for me, if you wouldn't mind. And I'll try not to bother either of you." He turned his attention inward, starting an energetic flow medication using the tree, serpent and lightning flash, with the intention to ground himself.

"I will keep and eye out, you can meditate safely."
Kristina said and gave you a smile before she settled down to keep watch out the windows. As you meditate you feel your energies and your Avatar settle down, though you feel the ache of that Umbrood shard that lived deep inside of your soul now that you where tired, the meditation helped but did not completely alleviate the problem.

"Until later," he said and then headed to the Chief's office, tapping on the door.

"Come in."
You hear the old hedge wizard say from inside the office. You see Kristina giving you a polite smile as she head past you to the stairs, probably to get back to her sleeping children.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Adley Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:48 am

He watched her go as he waited at the door. He had no idea how anyone managed to have children in the war...and actively fight it. Apprentices were hard enough, though he supposed it became similar. It gave them more to fight for, he imagined. And her children had come at some near divine intervention and despite odds. There was something hopeful there, even if he could not understand her arrangement.

When he heard Joakim's voice, he walked in and glanced around, noting him with a polite nod. "Sir. We've returned. It seems to have gone well and no incidents to report. I was looking for my cabalmate Colin as well; it seems that he wanted me to come back here so we can take care of the other matter. I was supposed to go back home first then come back, has something time-critical come up while I was gone?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:13 am

When he heard Joakim's voice, he walked in and glanced around, noting him with a polite nod. "Sir. We've returned. It seems to have gone well and no incidents to report.

Joakim nodded.
"Good that something go as it should at times, well that is one less thing we need to worry about."
The old hedge wizard said.

I was looking for my cabalmate Colin as well; it seems that he wanted me to come back here so we can take care of the other matter. I was supposed to go back home first then come back, has something time-critical come up while I was gone?"

"I suspect Mr Wainwright is up in the infirmary, he did manage to capture the Nephandi girl but have ended up ehm...sort of adopting her the way I understood it."
Joakim said and sigh.
"He said though that it might be wise to move on rescuing the Tremere Elder as soon as possible and he wanted you as part of that mission, I told him he should discuss it with Master Morgan, I do agree though that we should move on that soon. Nothing in particular have happened though. I am sorry if you became concerned Mr Roth Hicks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:20 am

"I suspect Mr Wainwright is up in the infirmary, he did manage to capture the Nephandi girl but have ended up ehm...sort of adopting her the way I understood it.

"Excuse me? That must be a misunderstanding...you can't adopt a Nephandus."

"He said though that it might be wise to move on rescuing the Tremere Elder as soon as possible and he wanted you as part of that mission, I told him he should discuss it with Master Morgan, I do agree though that we should move on that soon. Nothing in particular have happened though. I am sorry if you became concerned Mr Roth Hicks."

"That might be true but I was under the impression I was coming back to attend to rescuing him..after seeing to the other matter, which also is quite important. But as I am here, then I'll let him know." He still seemed confused as he took his phone out to text Colin, though whether it was over the girl or Bee or something else was less clear. "I was able to make a suitable arrangement with the spirits, by the way, thank you."

'I am in the office he wrote to Colin in a short text.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:33 am

"Excuse me? That must be a misunderstanding...you can't adopt a Nephandus."

"I do not have all of the details but yes chances are he will not get to keep her, but he have found a way to give her a bit of time the way I understand it."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Your Cabalmate is a frustrating man Mr Roth Hicks, often surprisingly brilliant but frustrating."

"That might be true but I was under the impression I was coming back to attend to rescuing him..after seeing to the other matter, which also is quite important. But as I am here, then I'll let him know." He still seemed confused as he took his phone out to text Colin, though whether it was over the girl or Bee or something else was less clear.

"So was my impression as well, but Mr Wainwright was quite insistent and I saw no good reason to stand against changing up the order of how the needed tasks are performed. I am sorry if it causes any problems to you."
Joakim said and sigh again.

"I was able to make a suitable arrangement with the spirits, by the way, thank you."

"That is good to hear Mr Roth Hicks. Like I said it seams that the Brothers like you."
The old linear magus said and nodded.

Colin as you sit beside Anna and watch her draw a map of the Labyrinth you hear your phone ping with a message from Adley.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:44 am

"I do not have all of the details but yes chances are he will not get to keep her, but he have found a way to give her a bit of time the way I understand it." Joakim said and sigh. "Your Cabalmate is a frustrating man Mr Roth Hicks, often surprisingly brilliant but frustrating."

"Frustrating...that's one word for it," he sighed and then gestured towards a seat. "May I?"

"So was my impression as well, but Mr Wainwright was quite insistent and I saw no good reason to stand against changing up the order of how the needed tasks are performed. I am sorry if it causes any problems to you." Joakim said and sigh again.

"It's not problems for me that concern me so much as the larger scope of what needs to be accomplished. Though he seems to have a better grasp on...timing than I do, perhaps he has had some kind of inspiration. Do you know what plans he's been up to, regarding getting him out?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:01 am

"Frustrating...that's one word for it," he sighed and then gestured towards a seat. "May I?"

"Yes off course please sit."
Joakim said and nodded he indicated the half full coffee pot that stood in the self on the coffee maker.
"Would you like a cup of coffee while you wait Mr Roth Hicks?"

"It's not problems for me that concern me so much as the larger scope of what needs to be accomplished. Though he seems to have a better grasp on...timing than I do, perhaps he has had some kind of inspiration

"Hum...he might have, the man do seam to make rather good plans, insane plans yes but good ones."
Joakim said as he filled his own coffee mug and took a sip.
"I guess we will have to wait until he comes down here to hear what his plan is."

Do you know what plans he's been up to, regarding getting him out?"

"Not that I have heard just the plan we already have, he have made some idea for how to attack that Abigail woman's Labyrinth and where going to discuss the matter with Master Harris. His plan was to use liquid nitrogen to give the Nephandi a bit of a shock while most of the strike team sneak in the back door."

(OOC: My cat is miffed that I am writing a post instead of petting her.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:01 pm

((OOC: Gwak, what a day... Nag, nag, nag at work about getting as much work done quickly while prioritizing the small job that's going to take two days. Just one of those days... :/ ))
((OOC2: Aw, shit, my condolances, Ashan.))

Colin smiled, "I was twenty when they stitched my head back together. They didn't tell me how bad the damage was until much later, either - for which I'm glad. It's not about being treated like a child."
He grinned, "Well, I'll withhold snooping around until after the battle has died down. Combat distractions are a deadly thing, I've learned that much."
He nodded, "I think Alberto will be treated as... mercifully as is expedient. You're right, everything is complicated. That's just life. Gabriel may have done you a great disservice in simplicity, as such..."
He paid careful attention as Anna drew, "The little garden there - that would be her orchids, correct?"
He frowned at the phone, then nodded, "I have to go... Duty calls, but if you would be so sweet as to finish the map in the meantime? Let me just..."
He carefully tore out the pages he'd already written on, leaving Anna the book of blank pages, "If you like, you can use the rest of the book to draw in or start a little diary, perhaps. I'll return for the maps after I help with a rescue."
He stroked her hair gently and walked off, giving the nurse a small nod and leaning in to whisper to her, "The Nephandi girl has a ball point pen I lent her, to draw a map of the Labyrinth... Keep an eye on her; I don't think she can pick the cuffs, but if she puts down the notepad and starts fidgeting with the pen, well... I'm sure you know what to do."
Stepping outside to Alex, he sighed, "By your tone of voice, Mr. Horton, I expect her chances are... less than stellar. What's the immediate medical concern?"

((OOC3: Well, of course your cat is jealous of the keyboard. She's a cat. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:16 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"I find it unlikely it is a Minotaur, but we are all related."
Mara said and smiled.
"Well the Nephandi will want that man dead and that is most unfortunate..."
She said her eyes where on something else though, something you did not see.

Devon tries to see what Mara sees ... looking "with perc and awareness?"

(ooc thanks for the kind thoughts guys )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:47 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I was twenty when they stitched my head back together. They didn't tell me how bad the damage was until much later, either - for which I'm glad. It's not about being treated like a child."

"Well the doctors did a good job with your head."
Anna said as she looked at you.
"I like your scars, there must have been much destruction. In either case if I am in danger of dropping dead any moment I would sort of like to know."
She said and Alex gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
"Not any moment."
He said softly.
"But you are going to need rest."

He grinned, "Well, I'll withhold snooping around until after the battle has died down. Combat distractions are a deadly thing, I've learned that much."

"Yes it is very deadly. My Mentor have told me that."
Anna said and nodded.
"Well once the battle have died down then...though I do not know who to cheer for."
She muttered sadly.

He nodded, "I think Alberto will be treated as... mercifully as is expedient. You're right, everything is complicated. That's just life. Gabriel may have done you a great disservice in simplicity, as such..."

"Good Alberto is pretty nice, he do not deserve to suffer more than he already have."
The young Nephandus said then she sigh.
"Perhaps but life sure was easier with just doing what my Mentor said and not worrying about anything else."

He paid careful attention as Anna drew, "The little garden there - that would be her orchids, correct?"

"Yes Mistress Abigail love orchids though she seldom let anyone in there to see them."
Anna said then she pointed.
"There are usually a guard or two here right by the entrance, and through here you get to the main kitchen and dining room area and the barracks for the pawns...ehm...pawns are what we call what you call ehm...eh...Custos I think..."
The girl said and struggled to remember the term.

He frowned at the phone, then nodded, "I have to go... Duty calls, but if you would be so sweet as to finish the map in the meantime? Let me just..."
He carefully tore out the pages he'd already written on, leaving Anna the book of blank pages, "If you like, you can use the rest of the book to draw in or start a little diary, perhaps. I'll return for the maps after I help with a rescue."

"You are a busy man I see."
The young Nephandus said as she looked up from her map.
"Ok I can have it finished for later, but I do not think I can draw it all on one page, also some of the walls in the inner structure change position at times, when you get to the living portion so then I can only show ca what is there and not the exact configuration of rooms."
Anna said then she looked at bit helpless.
"I have never drawn anything for fun...Gabriel do not like me having hobbies..."

He stroked her hair gently and walked off, giving the nurse a small nod and leaning in to whisper to her, "The Nephandi girl has a ball point pen I lent her, to draw a map of the Labyrinth... Keep an eye on her; I don't think she can pick the cuffs, but if she puts down the notepad and starts fidgeting with the pen, well... I'm sure you know what to do."

The nurse, the same woman that had been in the infirmary earlier that day nodded.
"I will keep an eye on her Mr Wainwright, both for her trying to get free with the pen and also for her trying to hurt herself with it."
The nurse whispered back.

Stepping outside to Alex, he sighed, "By your tone of voice, Mr. Horton, I expect her chances are... less than stellar. What's the immediate medical concern?"

Alex sigh and shook his head.
"I do not know her exact chances of survival, but she is far more fragile than she looks."
He said then continued.
"I estimate that if she had not been healed she would not have survived until she reached the hospital, there where massive damage to the right lung and some to the left and heart as well as her stomach region. Now her stomach is swollen and sore but for the most part that only cause some discomfort, I am giving her some medication for the pain and to get the swelling down and putting her on a mostly liquid diet for the next few days, soups, smoothies and soft foods, that should settle that down...her lungs and heart though, it is healed but not well and there are damage to the pattern itself, at times she struggle for breath and this is what I worry about, when a pattern is this weak, even if there are no thorn flesh right now, that tend to quickly manifest as illness, wounds or cancers, and since those patterns are fixed now we really only have two courses of action. One is to keep her comfortable and warm and make sure she eat healthily and get enough rest, she might pull through then and once the weakness in her life pattern manifest it might be something that is not to serious, but...there is a fair chance she could die or develop crippling illness, the other option is more dangerous but might heal her completely, that is to put her under to avoid her feeling any of it and recreating the damage done, tear her open in other words, and then have a skilled healer, Lady Arden perhaps heal her again, that can repair the damage to her life pattern but the process stand a good chance of killing her, and the longer we wait, the more set the weakened pattern around her lungs get the more difficult this option will be."
The Etherite said sounding concerned.
"Also I have examined her and the bullet that did the damage is not in her body, I assume that is information you would want."

Devon:

At first it is hard to see anything but stone floor and painted wood doors and the faces of the other guards down here, but perhaps if you looked even closer.

(OOC: Please give me a Perception plus Awareness roll diff Cool
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:25 pm

Colin chuckled, "There are some of the more... traditional Traditionalists who would consider my head rather a botched job, scarring notwithstanding. I'll admit, a Stinger missile to the face is rather cataclysmic, though..."
He smiled sadly, "Cheer for your dragon. Right now, it might need as much comfort and reassurance as you do..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Sounds to me like Gabriel trained you too much as an automaton, and too little as a soldier."
He nodded, "Pawns would be guests at the Labyrinth; friends, family and retainers of the members, then? Such as Jodelle's, er, children?"
He smiled, "I look forward to seeing what you draw. I'll be back in a little while."

He nodded thoughtfully to Alex, "I... rather suspected as much. To be honest, I was surprised her companion was even able to keep her alive until the paramedics arrived. I, hm, seem to be rather a crack shot. And much as I loathe violence, I did shoot with an undiluted intent to kill. If her pain is kept in check, it might be the more merciful to let her slip away in her sleep if she can't manage to recover..."
He sighed, lowering his voice to a softer whisper, "Keep in mind, I am not asking you to merely let her die; I would wish to see her live on, preferably long enough to see her Avatar redeemed, if we can pull that off... If she were to be healed completely overnight, any chance to stall the... thing would be forfeit, as well. I can't order you, one way or the other, all I can do is ask you nicely to treat her with as much kindness as you can. She's seen far too little of that in her life."
He grimaced, "I rather expected the bullet would have been removed... Did it look like it had been removed before the healing, or surgically after the healing began? That might be crucial to how we deal with it... The gun that fired the bullet is a burner, but if the Fallen have the bullet, they could potentially sense the gun approaching, even though I did sever what attachments I could from the pistol itself..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Devon:

At first it is hard to see anything but stone floor and painted wood doors and the faces of the other guards down here, but perhaps if you looked even closer.

(OOC: Please give me a Perception plus Awareness roll diff Cool[/quote]

Per+Awareness 8 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 6 - 9

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:03 pm

How can you stop awakening? It just... happens he said curious.
Shhhh baby, shhh don't think on that. Think on all the thinks you can do once you're better. He said, trying to keep her focused on somethign that doesn't hurt. It will recover, baby, it's already on it's way. he said, and closed his eyes.

Again, Tane sat and started to chant the songs of healing, mixed with the songs of Beatrice and his own, imploring the spiritual masters to help him to heal Beatrice's little god. She didn't looked too changed by the experience, other than stress and fear, she didn't looked like being changed, angry or anything like that. Just tired and affraid, so he thought she didn't need a great deal of healing. His little god needed it. SO like the other day, Gandjiya went with it, to comfort it and make him sleep-
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Colin:

Colin chuckled, "There are some of the more... traditional Traditionalists who would consider my head rather a botched job, scarring notwithstanding. I'll admit, a Stinger missile to the face is rather cataclysmic, though..."

"You where hit by a missile? That sounds painful. You have a pretty though skull though since it did not shatter for that would have been bad."
Anna said and nodded.
"Well I think scars look good and the important part is that your face works right?"

He smiled sadly, "Cheer for your dragon. Right now, it might need as much comfort and reassurance as you do..."

"Yes...if it knows the danger it is in it might need that...though I do not know if an Avatar can get scared."
The young Nephandus said softly and looked down.

He arched an eyebrow, "Sounds to me like Gabriel trained you too much as an automaton, and too little as a soldier."

"I do not understand..."
Anna said and looked confused.
"He trained me to be useful for the Labyrinth and he was always kind to me."

He nodded, "Pawns would be guests at the Labyrinth; friends, family and retainers of the members, then? Such as Jodelle's, er, children?"

"Not Miss Jerkin's children they are more spirits, but yes servants, those who are not Awakned but have sold themselves to demons and other such beings, two shapeshifters, the guests and allies and servants of the Labyrinth that are not themselves mages."

He smiled, "I look forward to seeing what you draw. I'll be back in a little while."

"It will not be any good..."
Anna said hesitantly and smiles to you.

He nodded thoughtfully to Alex, "I... rather suspected as much. To be honest, I was surprised her companion was even able to keep her alive until the paramedics arrived. I, hm, seem to be rather a crack shot. And much as I loathe violence, I did shoot with an undiluted intent to kill. If her pain is kept in check, it might be the more merciful to let her slip away in her sleep if she can't manage to recover..."

Alex nodded he sigh.
"The healing done was a rush job and done poorly the shot would have been fatal and if it makes you feel better I doubt she would have felt much more than shock from the original injury, it ruptured several organs in her abdomen and splinters from her ribcage ripped apart her lung and pierced her heart...that is allot to heal and when not done properly there will be issues..."
The Etherite commented.
"Keeping her comfortable might be all I can do, she might survive but yes she react well to pain medication, so giving her that and medicine to stop swelling and boost her immune system and keeping her calm is all I can do for now until the damaged life patterns manifests as some complication or another and then hoping that can be treated. I will have to try to save her life, but yes slipping away in her sleep might very well be what will happen."

He sighed, lowering his voice to a softer whisper, "Keep in mind, I am not asking you to merely let her die; I would wish to see her live on, preferably long enough to see her Avatar redeemed, if we can pull that off... If she were to be healed completely overnight, any chance to stall the... thing would be forfeit, as well. I can't order you, one way or the other, all I can do is ask you nicely to treat her with as much kindness as you can. She's seen far too little of that in her life."

"It is possible to redeem a Fallen Avatar? I never thought such a thing was even possible."
The veterinarian said and raised an eyebrow.
"Very well, as it is now though she will not survive any attempts to...well you know, if she get to upset or...well scream to much the degradation of her lungs will go faster and most likely manifest fatal complications and then you will be left with a pissed off Avatar freed of it's host, and that will not be pretty...we will go for trying to see what rest can accomplish then but be aware that some sort of complication or illness will come, all we can hope is that it will not be to bad, and chances are she will have some permanent damage."

He grimaced, "I rather expected the bullet would have been removed... Did it look like it had been removed before the healing, or surgically after the healing began? That might be crucial to how we deal with it... The gun that fired the bullet is a burner, but if the Fallen have the bullet, they could potentially sense the gun approaching, even though I did sever what attachments I could from the pistol itself..."

"It is hard to say there have not been any surgery done save stitches as her wounds have on the surface been healed. Let me try to explain better. Imagine I have a crack in the wall and I then paint over it, the wall will appear whole for a little while but sooner or later the layer of paint will give way and the crack will reappear, I suspect the one who healed her either took the bullet or more likely used it to generate new bone tissue, this I can scan for though, to see if any of her healed bones have once been metal."
Alex offered.

Devon:

You see something there, but it is hard to really know what, like if there is another reality just beyond view, a more beautiful, softer reality, a summer filled forest with greens that are to green and lights that are to bright and Mara seamed to see this land beyond space and time just as clearly as she saw the reality you saw around you, as if she was living with one leg in both worlds.

Tane:

How can you stop awakening? It just... happens he said curious.

"No most...are lead to an Awakening Tane, through guidance and studies or the right questions a Mentor lead a sleeper to Awaken, that is more common than the spontaneous Awakenings you and I had, however yes there is always the chance my mother will one day Awaken now that she is half way there."
Beatrice said with a tired smile, she could talk more now but it still tired her out to focus through the pain enough to hold a conversation.

Shhhh baby, shhh don't think on that. Think on all the thinks you can do once you're better. He said, trying to keep her focused on somethign that doesn't hurt. It will recover, baby, it's already on it's way. he said, and closed his eyes.

"I...want to use magick again..."
The young Verbena muttered and looked at Tane with pain filled eyes.
"I...am so scared I just...want it to recover..."
She muttered softly and sobbed.
"I just want...it to recover..."

Again, Tane sat and started to chant the songs of healing, mixed with the songs of Beatrice and his own, imploring the spiritual masters to help him to heal Beatrice's little god. She didn't looked too changed by the experience, other than stress and fear, she didn't looked like being changed, angry or anything like that. Just tired and affraid, so he thought she didn't need a great deal of healing. His little god needed it. SO like the other day, Gandjiya went with it, to comfort it and make him sleep-

You can feel it there, the broken forest God, once it had been beautiful, a winged totem of a great, wast wood, a soul of green trees and narrow streams, old and wise, but now it was corrupted and broken and yet a sliver of what it had been was still there. You feel your own Avatar touch that broken God, gently caressing it, though off course touch was just the way your human mind could understand their contact, and it did seam to help Beatrice stopped crying and after a while she fell asleep, her breath strong and even, as your own soul offered hers comfort and strength to help heal the damage done to it, or at least calm it's fears.

(OOC: Ashan as per our house rules when you roll that many more successes than needed you get to store away a free success that you can add to a later roll.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Devon:

You see something there, but it is hard to really know what, like if there is another reality just beyond view, a more beautiful, softer reality, a summer filled forest with greens that are to green and lights that are to bright and Mara seamed to see this land beyond space and time just as clearly as she saw the reality you saw around you, as if she was living with one leg in both worlds.

Devon curiously raises an eyebrow at the different version of this reality that he says and says "hmm. perception filter?"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:19 pm

"Perception filter? I am afraid I do not understand what you mean Mr Miles."
Mara says and smiles to you, she seams oblivious to her reality being in any way different to yours.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Perception filter? I am afraid I do not understand what you mean Mr Miles."
Mara says and smiles to you, she seams oblivious to her reality being in any way different to yours.

devon nods" an ability to see other things that are there... beyond simple UV and IR to see other views....... Sorry, never mind"

"is there any further help i can be to you?" Devon inquires politely

Last edited by Ashan101 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:48 pm

"Yes off course please sit." Joakim said and nodded he indicated the half full coffee pot that stood in the self on the coffee maker. "Would you like a cup of coffee while you wait Mr Roth Hicks?"

Adley sat down and then nodded at the coffee. "That sounds good right about now, thank you sir."

"Not that I have heard just the plan we already have, he have made some idea for how to attack that Abigail woman's Labyrinth and where going to discuss the matter with Master Harris. His plan was to use liquid nitrogen to give the Nephandi a bit of a shock while most of the strike team sneak in the back door."

"Liquid nitrogen? I don't really know what that would do, to be frank. Something I learned though is that some of the Nephandi seem to thrive on pain or use it to increase their power. Rather than be something that disrupts them...which in retrospect I suppose, living in a Labyrinth under...their conditions could propagate such methods. But maybe pain is not what he's after." He sighed then looked at Joakim. "One more thing, my avatar has taken quite a bit of distaste at working around the chronically and severely entropic...vampires, to put it mildly. It did not much like being around our guest." He drank some of the coffee down as he spoke.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Colin grinned, "Well, I was in a helicopter at the time. The cockpit glass did provide a small measure of protection."
He pondered, "A good question. I don't know if mine was scared when your miss Warden tried to assault it. It's entirely possible it just became cranky."
He smiled, "An automaton would be trained to do without evaluating the methods used - a soldier would be trained to look for more effective ways to accomplish the goals."
He shrugged, "I've seen one of miss Jerkins' darling little hellspawn. I'm afraid I find it difficult to determine what it might be defined as - all I could tell was that it was hungry. And not a particularly picky eater. As for whether or not your drawing might be good... Practice makes perfect. It took me several years before I managed to draw an acceptable circle in freehand; it's not something you simply figure out overnight."

He grimaced at Alex' description of the internal damage, "It's kind of terrible to think that a little metal ball, scarcely a centimeter across, can do so much damage..."
He nodded somberly, "It is possible... There's proof it was done by one widderslainte; for an Avatar that has not yet reincarnated after the Caul, though - that's yet to be tried... but I believe there's a chance. It will not be an easy path, though - and probably not a pleasant one, either."
He sighed, "Let us at least hope that whatever complication arises, it won't be painful, fatal or not... Hum, I had not considered the possibility of transmuting the bullet into living tissue - but I suppose it's within the realms of possibility. I need to return to Chief Joakim's office - if you'd be so kind as to let him know of the status of the bullet, that would probably be the most expedient."
He gave Alex a quick bow, and sprinted back downstairs to the office, "I'm glad to report that Anna is drawing an approximate map of the Labyrinth... The nurse is keeping an eye on her, hm, use of the pen, just in case, but... she might not have long, according to doctor Horton. Very severe injuries, and a fairly rough and clumsy healing process... We might at least keep her comfortable for the duration. Good to see you back, Adley. Er, have you spoken with Chief Morgan yet?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:11 pm

"I'm glad to report that Anna is drawing an approximate map of the Labyrinth... The nurse is keeping an eye on her, hm, use of the pen, just in case, but... she might not have long, according to doctor Horton. Very severe injuries, and a fairly rough and clumsy healing process... We might at least keep her comfortable for the duration. Good to see you back, Adley. Er, have you spoken with Chief Morgan yet?"

"Colin," he said. "Yes, I spoke with him briefly but there were no details. That's why I'm here, he told me you wanted me to come back here instead of going home. What's this about you adopting a Nephandus?" he said, sounding somewhat outraged and frowning at him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Adley:

Adley sat down and then nodded at the coffee. "That sounds good right about now, thank you sir."

Joakim nodded and filled another mug that he handed you.
"Here, some days it seams like I run on this stuff."
He said with a bit of a grin and sipped his cup.

"Liquid nitrogen? I don't really know what that would do, to be frank. Something I learned though is that some of the Nephandi seem to thrive on pain or use it to increase their power. Rather than be something that disrupts them...which in retrospect I suppose, living in a Labyrinth under...their conditions could propagate such methods. But maybe pain is not what he's after."

"I think the plan was to do as much damage as possible as quickly as possible as an distraction, the Nephandi might be used to pain and I suspect many of them are but they and part of their abode is alive and wounded or dead they are less of a threat, my main concern is how Mr Wainwright is planning to get the nitrogen from the area around the entrance that we know of and spread over a larger area before the Fallen have time to react with countermeasures."

He sighed then looked at Joakim. "One more thing, my avatar has taken quite a bit of distaste at working around the chronically and severely entropic...vampires, to put it mildly. It did not much like being around our guest." He drank some of the coffee down as he spoke.

"Hum...I can understand it's distaste, but as vampires are involved in our issues of late it's reaction might become a problem, I fear this is a matter between you and your Avatar though Mr Roth Hicks for frankly there is little I can do about the matter save ask Lady Crexia to give it a good spanking and tell it to behave and I doubt that you would want that."
The hedge wizard said with a wry smile.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Well, I was in a helicopter at the time. The cockpit glass did provide a small measure of protection."

"So your helicopter was shot down...well that was quite rude, those things are expensive I hear."
Anna said and nodded sagely.

He pondered, "A good question. I don't know if mine was scared when your miss Warden tried to assault it. It's entirely possible it just became cranky."

"Well they can get cranky, that I know, and when mine do, I tend to get cranky as well."
The young Nephandus said.
"I hope Miss Warden did not hurt you to badly, she can be nasty."

He smiled, "An automaton would be trained to do without evaluating the methods used - a soldier would be trained to look for more effective ways to accomplish the goals."

"I think I understand...but do not an army require loyalty and obeying orders?"
Anna asked, still seaming confused.

He shrugged, "I've seen one of miss Jerkins' darling little hellspawn. I'm afraid I find it difficult to determine what it might be defined as - all I could tell was that it was hungry. And not a particularly picky eater.

"No they will go for the easiest accessible source of magick and gobble it up. I do not know exactly what they are, Miss Jerkins created them by forking a contract with and Outsider Thing and mating with it. I guess that might have been uncomfortable, and then she gave birth to those things...so they are literary her children."

As for whether or not your drawing might be good... Practice makes perfect. It took me several years before I managed to draw an acceptable circle in freehand; it's not something you simply figure out overnight."

"I guess I will just have to start and see then, and perhaps read books about it, I like books."
Anna said and nodded to herself.

He grimaced at Alex' description of the internal damage, "It's kind of terrible to think that a little metal ball, scarcely a centimeter across, can do so much damage..."

"Yes indeed, physics can be a bitch at times."
Alex said and frowned.

He nodded somberly, "It is possible... There's proof it was done by one widderslainte; for an Avatar that has not yet reincarnated after the Caul, though - that's yet to be tried... but I believe there's a chance. It will not be an easy path, though - and probably not a pleasant one, either."

"What? But if something like that have been done why was it not posted about in the Paradigma? Why are not all of the Traditions a buzz with the news, something like that would be the biggest fuck you to the Nephandi we could manage to give, if you excuse my language."
The Etherite looked both doubtful and rather surprised.

He sighed, "Let us at least hope that whatever complication arises, it won't be painful, fatal or not...

"Yes let us hope so, she might be a Nephandus but she is also a child, she do not deserve to suffer."

Hum, I had not considered the possibility of transmuting the bullet into living tissue - but I suppose it's within the realms of possibility. I need to return to Chief Joakim's office - if you'd be so kind as to let him know of the status of the bullet, that would probably be the most expedient."

"I will do the scan and rapport my findings to Chief Joakim."
Alex agreed.
"Oh it is very possible if you have the right knowledge, I can do it myself."

He gave Alex a quick bow, and sprinted back downstairs to the office, "I'm glad to report that Anna is drawing an approximate map of the Labyrinth... The nurse is keeping an eye on her, hm, use of the pen, just in case, but... she might not have long, according to doctor Horton. Very severe injuries, and a fairly rough and clumsy healing process... We might at least keep her comfortable for the duration.

Alex return your bow and then walks back into the infirmary to see to his patients. You get to Joakim's office and see that Adley is already there. Joakim raise and eyebrow at your flow of words.
"How on earth did you get a recently captured Nephandus to draw us a map of her Labyrinth?"
He asked then he sigh.
"I see so her chances of survival are slim?"
He asked then he indicated a chair.
"Please have a seat Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Joakim nodded and filled another mug that he handed you. "Here, some days it seams like I run on this stuff." He said with a bit of a grin and sipped his cup.

"Thank you sir. This place is starting to feel like second home, right down to the need for coffee."

"I think the plan was to do as much damage as possible as quickly as possible as an distraction, the Nephandi might be used to pain and I suspect many of them are but they and part of their abode is alive and wounded or dead they are less of a threat, my main concern is how Mr Wainwright is planning to get the nitrogen from the area around the entrance that we know of and spread over a larger area before the Fallen have time to react with countermeasures."

"I suppose we'll just have to see what he has in mind."

"Hum...I can understand it's distaste, but as vampires are involved in our issues of late it's reaction might become a problem, I fear this is a matter between you and your Avatar though Mr Roth Hicks for frankly there is little I can do about the matter save ask Lady Crexia to give it a good spanking and tell it to behave and I doubt that you would want that."

He gave him a wry grin. "I don't think it would appreciate that, but thanks anyway. Truth be told we have been through a bit this week, I don't think we could suffer the indignity without creating a scene." He turned to him and said more seriously, "I was letting you know as a potential...well problem, sir. As the security chief and having final say on such matters I felt it was only the right thing to do."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:36 pm

"Thank you sir. This place is starting to feel like second home, right down to the need for coffee."

"I am glad, well at times coffee is the only thing that keeps me awake, especially at times like this."
Joakim said with a grin.

"I suppose we'll just have to see what he has in mind."

"Yes indeed."

He gave him a wry grin. "I don't think it would appreciate that, but thanks anyway. Truth be told we have been through a bit this week, I don't think we could suffer the indignity without creating a scene."

"Well considering who your Mentor is and that he tend to take students with much potential...let us try to avoid that scene, I have a feeling your soul young man could be quite deadly when angry."
The old hedge wizard said and grinned.

He turned to him and said more seriously, "I was letting you know as a potential...well problem, sir. As the security chief and having final say on such matters I felt it was only the right thing to do."

"I appreciate your candor on the matter Mr Roth Hicks and yes it is a good thing to keep in mind, just in case there is a situation where it might cause an issue, thank you for telling me."
Joakim said and nodded approvingly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Colin snorted, "Quite expensive. The RAF is docking me twenty dollars per month; with interest, I should have it paid up sometime in the thirty-fourth century..."
He grinned, "Well, no, not really... It was war; materiel losses are inevitable, and I managed to land the wreck without any more casualties..."
He sighed, "No, I... grew stronger, actually - I have no idea how, though. For all I know, I may be a unique case..."
He nodded, "An army needs loyalty and discipline, absolutely. But an army where soldiers only obey orders without any independent thought is no combat unit, it's a shooting gallery. A good soldier needs to think on their feet, orders must be given with enough leeway for the soldier to evaluate the best and safest way to accomplish a mission in response to a changing situation."
He carefully avoided making a disgusted grimace, "I would prefer not to think of that particular form of... family planning. I think it would be better for you not to think too much about it, either..."
He smiled, "I might see if I can't find a book or two about drawing techniques before I leave town..."

He nodded, "On the other hand, physics is delightfully predictable, so I guess it's a matter of taking the good with the bad, or vice versa."
He grimaced, "Kindly keep your voice down... There was a miscarriage of justice; a judicial abomination which was subsequently swept under the rug for years... The matter has recently resurfaced, though - while we can't undo what was done, we can try to repeat the miracle that happened, and make it stick this time... Being able to tell the Nephandi to suck it in such a manner would change the face of the entire bloody war."
He nodded, "While I myself don't have the necessary understanding of living tissue, I can certainly see the usefulness of adapting whatever materials are present into repairing damage. And if the bullet has been used in such a manner, it would simplify things greatly..."

He sighed, sinking into the offered chair, "Adley, let me first say I did not wish to overrule you, but I have a nasty feeling getting the vampire out of, hm, the cauldron is marginally more time critical than Beatrice's condition, specifically if there's someone at home who can use a method which does not distress Beatrice like Chief Morgan's chanting did - which may be the case; Chief Morgan believed Mr. Riez might be able to do safely. This way also saves the extra Paradox for the round trip, though that's merely a convenience in comparison... I merely can't shake the feeling you'll be needed for handling Carmon."
He rubbed his eyes with two fingers, "The girl... Anna... She is convinced that cooperating with me, trusting me, gives her the best chance to save her Avatar from the... hatchet man. It's a bit of a stretch to say I've adopted her, though, but Master Min informed me there is precedent for Nephandi to have joined the Traditions... barely enough. The important thing is I can try to give her a chance to break the Black Spiral, however infinitessimal, and that motivates her to try. She... hasn't been told how severely I injured her when I shot her, though. She might not live long enough to be told; doctor Horton will do what he can for her... But as he put it, her pattern is severely weakened, with substantial stress to her lungs, heart and abdominal cavity"
He frowned, "Oh, yes, and he raised the possibility that the bullet was used to generate additional tissue to repair bone damage et cetera - he's going to check and inform you right away, Sir."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Colin snorted, "Quite expensive. The RAF is docking me twenty dollars per month; with interest, I should have it paid up sometime in the thirty-fourth century..."

"Hum...it should be the other way around getting to buy a helicopter for twenty dollars per month, that could be quite fun I think."
Anna said and grinned.

He grinned, "Well, no, not really... It was war; materiel losses are inevitable, and I managed to land the wreck without any more casualties..."

"Ohhh you where making a joke with me..."
The girl said and pouted.
"It is good that you saved yourselves and whoever was riding with you at least, do you still fly helicopters?"

He sighed, "No, I... grew stronger, actually - I have no idea how, though. For all I know, I may be a unique case..."

"I have never heard about that happening, perhaps there is a reason why my glass dragon is afraid of your Avatar...I do not mean to be rude, but it is quite odd at least that is what my glass dragon says, that it is odd."

He nodded, "An army needs loyalty and discipline, absolutely. But an army where soldiers only obey orders without any independent thought is no combat unit, it's a shooting gallery. A good soldier needs to think on their feet, orders must be given with enough leeway for the soldier to evaluate the best and safest way to accomplish a mission in response to a changing situation."

"I see, that is not how Gabriel generally put it, he just want me to do what he say and stop others from using magick, that is my job, find magick and stop it from happening and otherwise keep my head down and not get hit..."
Anna said then she sigh.
"I guess I failed at that last one."

He carefully avoided making a disgusted grimace, "I would prefer not to think of that particular form of... family planning. I think it would be better for you not to think too much about it, either..."

"Yeah...I doubt even hentai artists could envision how that where to work...and it is probably best not to dwell on, they are effective creatures to put on the battlefield though, Miss Jerkins' children, I mean though they are a risk for they will gladly eat the Quint right out of your soul if you give them half a chance, also I guess we will lose them now if your side kill or...well worse Miss Jerkins, I do not know for sure but I doubt those things could exist in any level of reality without some sort of anchor."
Anna said as she looked thoughtful.

He smiled, "I might see if I can't find a book or two about drawing techniques before I leave town..."

"Thank you."
The girl said then she looked rather worried.
"What happens when you leave Chicago? Will I be thrown in a dungeon?"

He nodded, "On the other hand, physics is delightfully predictable, so I guess it's a matter of taking the good with the bad, or vice versa."

"Well we do need some sort of laws governing reality so I guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright."
Alex said and nodded.

He grimaced, "Kindly keep your voice down... There was a miscarriage of justice; a judicial abomination which was subsequently swept under the rug for years... The matter has recently resurfaced, though - while we can't undo what was done, we can try to repeat the miracle that happened, and make it stick this time... Being able to tell the Nephandi to suck it in such a manner would change the face of the entire bloody war."

"Ehm...yeah sorry..."
The Etherite said and lowered his voice.
"I...how could the Traditions do something like that? If what you say is true then that is indeed a miracle and we need something like that or the Nephandi will win, think about it, the Union we can fight head on, and the one with the most resources, personell and support leads but the Nephandi, all they have to do is corrupt a few mages now and again, only a few and then those Avatars either work for them or get destroyed permanently taking them out of the loop, literary, all they have to do is wait until they outnumber us and they win by default..."
He said and nodded.
"We need to find a way to tell them to suck it indeed."

He nodded, "While I myself don't have the necessary understanding of living tissue, I can certainly see the usefulness of adapting whatever materials are present into repairing damage. And if the bullet has been used in such a manner, it would simplify things greatly..."

"I will get right on examining it, and if you wonder no the girl will not feel anything, I will just scan her with one of my tools, look like a Star Trek tricorder, it beeps and shines a light on the target, nothing more to tell me what I need to know."

He rubbed his eyes with two fingers, "The girl... Anna... She is convinced that cooperating with me, trusting me, gives her the best chance to save her Avatar from the... hatchet man. It's a bit of a stretch to say I've adopted her, though, but Master Min informed me there is precedent for Nephandi to have joined the Traditions... barely enough. The important thing is I can try to give her a chance to break the Black Spiral, however infinitessimal, and that motivates her to try.

"Well if you find someone to apprentice her then she will have the right to a trial, the result of the trial however is just about given, bar flying pigs on MECHA all you can do is delay what must be done, at least what must be done in the eyes of the Traditions."
Joakim said and frowned.
"And are you sure you should get attached to her considering what will happen to her?"
He asked then he sigh.
"Though having her cooperation will be useful."

She... hasn't been told how severely I injured her when I shot her, though. She might not live long enough to be told; doctor Horton will do what he can for her... But as he put it, her pattern is severely weakened, with substantial stress to her lungs, heart and abdominal cavity"

"Hum...I see so chances are even if she is sent to Horizon trying to...well the result will only be an wounded, infuriated soul released from it's host and free to act as it pleases...that is not good, and pattern damage...even if that have not manifested yet it is just a matter of time...not good at all..."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Well the girl is in good hands with Mr Horton."

He frowned, "Oh, yes, and he raised the possibility that the bullet was used to generate additional tissue to repair bone damage et cetera - he's going to check and inform you right away, Sir."

"Well if that is the case, it would simplify matters. There have not been time yet to do the divination to find the lost bullet, I will await until hearing from Dr Horton then."
The old hedge wizard said and nodded.

(OOC: Ohh I got the new Black Hand book today and it have mages in it, mages than have Founts instead of Avatars I bet Cita want to get her hands on one of those. In either case there is also rules for how a vampire, given the right rituals can borrow the Avatar of a mage to cast true magick...remind me that I must not immediately find ways to bring cool things from a new book into my existing games. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next