Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 18 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:31 pm

"Oh, good. Well, at least they will not be alone for too long then."

Ingmar gave you a nod.
"Hopefully yes she will be at his apartment soon and will keep an eye on things."

"Perhaps that is simply the way it will be for me and my avatar, there were alchemical illusions regarding refinement. As for how it went, while I hope some of what I experienced was purely metaphorical or allegorical, the main point seemed to be there is hope but the path was long and painful and would take further self-enlightenment."

"Hum I see well it is not a bad message in the end and oddly fitting to the situation we find ourselves in mea filius, we two will have a rather long and probably painful road ahead to clear up all of this mess but there is hope in the end...and it fit even better for the situation with Miss Alexander and young Kyle...perhaps there will be hope at the end of a long struggle for them as well."
Your Mentor said softly.

"Very well then; I have tried to be careful but it does not always work out. I've experienced enough strangeness regarding avatars this week..."

"Yes strangeness with Avatars do seam to be a theme this week...well just keep being careful fili mi, I do not want someone to happen upon this information about you and your...sister and end up harming you over it."
Your Mentor said sounding concerned.

"I don't know...I don't know how to let other people help me with this kind of stuff even if they could. And I don't want to burden them further, everyone is dealing with tons of shit right now. Just...help me stay sane and on the right path, with my head on my shoulders, my avatar in one piece and the same for my loved ones. And not go Maurauder, give up, or get stuck in a Quiet." He paused.

"I am here to do what I can for you fili mi...you are my student, you know it never burdens me when you or Helena...or now Kyle need my help, there are times where that help is a good kick it your behind... and there is times when all the help I can offer is to listen and to give what support I can, but your troubles are never a burden. I do not know if I can always protect you and your Avatar...but I sure as hell is going to try and all I can say is that you are doing good kid...I am proud of you."
Jeffry said and offered you a warm smile.

He paused. "How can I ask you to help me with controlling myself? I don't know that I should, it's my responsibility. Even if it is a taller order for trying times." He frowned.

"Hum...would it help for you to go down to one of the ritual rooms with stone walls and just let loose, Paradox is far more forgiving here at Steelhaven, and sometimes the only way to regain control, is to let go of it, even if it is only for a few minutes where you can let that rage and sorrow run wild before you collect yourself and carry on...that helps me though I have to go out into the Umbra to do the same...just letting loose inside the Chantry would be...bad..."
Jeffry suggested.

"I know. I wish I could have spared Freddy what happened, or Colin, many people that have suffered but none of us would be here if it weren't for our joint efforts."

"Sometimes we loose good people...like your brother Peter that died saving so many from the Union, death...happens it is horrible but it happens but we still have to go on and all we can do is protect people as well as we can, but we can not save them all mea filius. Now fortunately Miss Adlebloom looks to be recovering well, she will be fine and Mr Wainwright...well he is a durable man...your loved ones are alive...let us work to keep them that way."
The old war mage said sounding determined.

He gave him a faint smile. "While I think I deserve a drink after this, I don't know if I'll ever feel like I can let my guard down again. It costs too much. There's too much at stake. There always was."

"That is exactly why you need to take one night off and get off your ass drunk my young student, if you always shoulder the world, sooner or later you will go insane and then you are no good to anyone...it do not have to be drink Adley but once this is done you are going to have to find some way to blow some steam of...I need you vigilant yes, but I also need you sane."

"I'm not trying to," he said.

Jeffry looks at you for a moment but he says nothing.

"I don't know why you should say that. Though I've disagreed with some things that you kept from me, I understand why you did. But it's not like you knew about my past. And neither of us wanted this shitstorm the Nephandi are trying to rain down on us."

"I know and I know you are Flambeau now you are a war mage...and yet some part of me want to shelter you from all of it, even if I know I can not. Our House have it's proud purpose and you serve it well...it is just when I see you suffering Adley I want to help and when I do not know how...I get so frustrated."
The old mage admitted.
"And yes I have kept some things from you...and we will not always agree, but I would give my life to keep you safe if I could."

He shook his head. "I need to keep going. I just need a moment of peace and it looks like I'll have to fight for it."

"I am sorry I can not offer you any peace fili mi...but sooner or later this shitstorm will end, it have to, and then you will have time to sort things out...You are just going to have to shoulder the burden until then...it is what I trained you to do...though I did not imagine quite this situation when I instructed you."
He said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 18 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Just my point. Well, as i told you, it has never been tested on mages but it leaves werecreatures sore and weak for some time. I think the council could like that so you're under control until they can vouch that it worked definitelly. he said

"Sore and weak I can deal with Mr Karyak, I am more concerned about the ritual itself...what will it entail?"
Cadence asked sounding concerned and worried she was clearly very afraid.

You can lie down if you like, but i need you to be strong and tell me. This forcing into cauls thing is some kind of MO, so any info you can give me will eventually help us stop them. I also need it to presenta tour case and de do not have time.

The Nephandus sat down on the sofa with some difficulty given her bound hands and slowly laid down, wincing a little as she did so.
"Thank you."
She muttered then she said.
"I...can tell you why I went to the Caul but...I do not want to talk about...the Caul itself...the memory are to...painful...please...do not force me to."
She muttered sadly tears rolling down her cheeks again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 pm

"Hum I see well it is not a bad message in the end and oddly fitting to the situation we find ourselves in mea filius, we two will have a rather long and probably painful road ahead to clear up all of this mess but there is hope in the end...and it fit even better for the situation with Miss Alexander and young Kyle...perhaps there will be hope at the end of a long struggle for them as well."

He frowned and looked downward. "Pater, if...all does not go well for Kyle, or hell anything else that comes our way, despite our attempts please do not give up or give in. I know you could come to care about him, as I could if only for a little while. I think maybe he deserves to be cared about for all that he's done, even if we cannot save him. But we can't let it ruin us, or they'll win. I don't mean to make that sound...selfish or callous, but it's like you said. It is a kind of bravery to care yet the Nephandi keep trying to exploit it."

"Yes strangeness with Avatars do seam to be a theme this week...well just keep being careful fili mi, I do not want someone to happen upon this information about you and your...sister and end up harming you over it."

He frowned at him.

"I am here to do what I can for you fili mi...you are my student, you know it never burdens me when you or Helena...or now Kyle need my help, there are times where that help is a good kick it your behind... and there is times when all the help I can offer is to listen and to give what support I can, but your troubles are never a burden. I do not know if I can always protect you and your Avatar...but I sure as hell is going to try and all I can say is that you are doing good kid...I am proud of you."

He looked at him and nodded, seemed about to say something and then shook his head.

"Hum...would it help for you to go down to one of the ritual rooms with stone walls and just let loose, Paradox is far more forgiving here at Steelhaven, and sometimes the only way to regain control, is to let go of it, even if it is only for a few minutes where you can let that rage and sorrow run wild before you collect yourself and carry on...that helps me though I have to go out into the Umbra to do the same...just letting loose inside the Chantry would be...bad..."

"Maybe but I have acrrued enough that the resultant backlash might be...bad. Better than on the field. It would be a waste of my first fireball to chuck it at nothing though. I'd rather have a target that I really want to burn. Unfortunately some I have in mind are rather out of my league..."

"Sometimes we loose good people...like your brother Peter that died saving so many from the Union, death...happens it is horrible but it happens but we still have to go on and all we can do is protect people as well as we can, but we can not save them all mea filius. Now fortunately Miss Adlebloom looks to be recovering well, she will be fine and Mr Wainwright...well he is a durable man...your loved ones are alive...let us work to keep them that way."

"Yes sir."

"That is exactly why you need to take one night off and get off your ass drunk my young student, if you always shoulder the world, sooner or later you will go insane and then you are no good to anyone...it do not have to be drink Adley but once this is done you are going to have to find some way to blow some steam of...I need you vigilant yes, but I also need you sane."

"Yelling in Greek has worked well for me but lately I've had the urge to delve into other languages to find the appropriate swears..." he said trying at some humor. Blowing off steam seemed inappropriate - or at least, he wasn't sure what way to do it. Usually when he was troubled in the past he'd get away from people, go running, workout, or meditate. Read.

Jeffry looks at you for a moment but he says nothing.

He huffed. "Why does everyone look at me when I say that!"

"I know and I know you are Flambeau now you are a war mage...and yet some part of me want to shelter you from all of it, even if I know I can not. Our House have it's proud purpose and you serve it well...it is just when I see you suffering Adley I want to help and when I do not know how...I get so frustrated."

"It's probably no consolation then that I don't know how either."

"And yes I have kept some things from you...and we will not always agree, but I would give my life to keep you safe if I could."

'Pater, I would rather you stay alive than trade your life for mine. So we'll just have to stay alive."

"I am sorry I can not offer you any peace fili mi...but sooner or later this shitstorm will end, it have to, and then you will have time to sort things out...You are just going to have to shoulder the burden until then...it is what I trained you to do...though I did not imagine quite this situation when I instructed you."

He looked up at him and said, "It's been a humbling week. I am also concerned about Chicago...the Chief there is a very good man as are many of the people there but damned if that city isn't filled with vampires and Nephandi as well. I should go deal with my newest cabalmate so that I can go see Bee and the Mercere, in the event I'm needed back there." Then he looked down. "I will need to go back soon at any rate to finish something..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 pm

I do not know the details. We'll have to ask the Kitsune and the other shifters.

Tane took out his cellphone and started recording. That will be enough. I'd like to know Why you went, what happened to your avatar, how do you feel it has affected you and what was the reason you decided to go through the Cauls. Also, if you have any regrets and what would be your intentions if i can ask.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:06 pm

"I'll certainly try, as I said. But I would like to speak with him in absentia of the prisoner about several other important matters." He frowned. "Thank you Colin."
"You are welcome - I'll likely be getting the bigger headache."

He took the stone and held onto it, thinking about Beatrice. Then he gave a faint smile to Colin. "I will, amicus. I will tell her you sent it."
He smiled, "Tell her I got it for her in Chicago, and that a nurse told me it would help soothe her Avatar."

"Ah you plan on apprenticing this Nephandi child you are speaking about, yes that would give her more rights within the Traditions but, it would also make you responsible for her actions so it is a bit of a souble edged sword you know."
Colin nodded, "True, however, she is presently convinced that I am her best chance to be able to keep her magic - which just might be true. That alone is going to serve as well for restraining her as the handcuffs she is presently wearing..."

"Yes...hopefully the mages of Chantry Morningstar will be sensitive in finding the child a proper Mentor that will allow her to stay with her mother, if the woman becomes a True Believer then that should not be a problem, if she remains a regular sleeper though, then there might be difficulties..."
He grinned, "On our arrival in the Morningstar garage, she was introduced to a quite pleasant air spirit called Shimmer. We figured a bit of a polite shock would be the best way to show her the reality of magic; the summoning took a little time, courtesy of one of Joakim's apprentices - excellent Linear Magi, all of them - but we managed to provide her a crash course in coping with the supernatural, without any Paradox."

"Fair enough reasons that, I do not foresee Tribunal boundaries as being an issue in this matter as long as Master Min is willing to take the case."
Jeffry said and took a sip of his now slightly cooler coffee, you see a burnt ring in the worn glaze on his desk where the cup had stood though.
"Yes, provided he agrees... I think he's inclined to lend aid to that, though; quite the sympathetic fellow. Er, out of curiosity, how often do you have to repair your desk for burns like that?"

"Off course I see...well I do hope you get the gems you need for your work Mr Wainwright, though if you also think you can trade for some information about this ritual that would be quite useful and I am sure I can arrange for some compensation for your expenses with this. Though really I should balance it out against how much more troublesome my Longevity magick are to do with you around Mr Wainwright."
He grinned, then shook his head and looked a little more sober, "I'm certain we can work something out. In fact, depending on what deal I can make with the fellow, some such stones might be used to embellish the memorial plaque you commissioned, along with other works. Just because it's a punitive task doesn't mean I won't make it the finest memorial I can..."

"This is exquisite. My mother set a ring with a stone like that once."
"It is exquisite, and miss Alexander showed it to me when we visit Horizon for her retrial and the trial of mr. Dale... er, right, another vision; Horizon will come under attack that day... er... did I already let you know about that? No, I think that slipped by... but warnings have been issued of an upcoming attack. The more the better, though; there'll be destruction up past the Verbena clinic and all the way up to the Council Hall..."

"Very well I will make a note of the request but I am not in the habit of engaging in cruelty."
"Please don't - I said I would pass the request on, but I can't make myself genuinely support the idea... I've stood too close to that shit for comfort already, and I'm not about to casually force anyone else to do the same, even Diego..."

"I see, that is a shame that her son was attacked...and worrisome...considering everything that have happened, I wish there where something we could do for the young man. I am grateful he let my apprentice borrow his legal papers though...as for his mother I have heard her name but not much more."
He nodded, "She does have a certain royal air about her - much like I imagine Queen Victoria in her later years - one of dignity, experience and concern for others. Though I'll allow, the latter may have been exaggerated by her need to see her son at the time."

"There are some illustrations that...are troublesome to say the least and which are well suited for...shock therapy yes."
He grimaced, "Indeed; the ones at the introduction and the speech are quite fine, but when the Masters began their grisly work... Suffice to say I understand very well why Master Nassa forbade miss Alexander to read the book on account of the drawings... the text was fine, but the pictures... no."

"I see...well Master Steelhaven will know more than me when it comes to what can be done to get you that promotion...however as you say only one Nephandus have thus far been spared, and if the girl's health improves chances are she will not be, but off course getting to a trial will give her a chance...not a big one but a chance at least. However do be aware that if you officially become the Mentor of a Nephandus that might impact your status and many will look at you sideways for many years to come."
"I promised to try to treat the girl as mercifully as possible within the law... In many ways, I believe I am bound by the third protocol. I will try to lead her back to the light, as far as I am able to, but... I won't lie; I know it would be easier if she simply... suffered a heart failure in her sleep tonight. Still, such dedication to the Laws might at least lend me some recognition to offset any sideways glances... at least in part."

"Hum a collar then...cuffs worry me a little when used on a young female their thumbs tend to be very flexible and that tend to make it easy for them to get out of restraints like that, which is why I would recommend the serum injections, off course they can be comfortable...hum...let me see it costs about fifteen drams of tass plus material and a fee to a artificer to create the piece to create those cuffs so it would be something similar...the exact cost I would recommend you taking up with a member of House Verditius though or perhaps a Bonisagus."
He nodded, "A fairly steep price... though, I suppose providing instruction in a couple of novel rotes would offset it somewhat?"

"Yes...allot have happened Mr Wainwright...allot indeed and I hope we can end this craziness tomorrow..."
Jeffry said with a tired sigh before he sipped his coffee.
"Off course...you should get going and I should get a few words in private with my student...good luck Mr Wainwright."
"Tomorrow... When you say it like that, it almost feels like it's going to be soon..."
He nodded and rose, turning for the door, "Very well, Sir, I'll see you later, when the dust has settled a bit further, and I'll try to assemble a more complete and detailed report... By the way, I seem to be racking up a bit more Paradox than I am quite comfortable with... any suggestions for safely getting rid of it before the upcoming battles, just in case?"

After leaving Morgan's office, he headed straight down for the dining hall, sparing a brief moment to regret the lack of a talent like Morningstar's head cook in the kitchen...

((OOC: Aaaaaaaaand we're off to see the Cita, the powerful Cita Telar...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:34 am

Adley:

He frowned and looked downward. "Pater, if...all does not go well for Kyle, or hell anything else that comes our way, despite our attempts please do not give up or give in. I know you could come to care about him, as I could if only for a little while. I think maybe he deserves to be cared about for all that he's done, even if we cannot save him. But we can't let it ruin us, or they'll win. I don't mean to make that sound...selfish or callous, but it's like you said. It is a kind of bravery to care yet the Nephandi keep trying to exploit it."

"I...have had seven apprentices...all of them have been like my sons and daughters, but five of them are now dead at the hands of the Technocracy."
Jeffry said softly his eyes taking on a faraway look as he glanced sadly into the past.
"When your brother...was shot I did not think I would ever be able to take another student, I could not face the pain of loosing another. I do not know how I will react to loosing Kyle, I know I will care for him...he is a good kid and in many ways he reminds me of Peter, who was just a street urchin when I took him in, on the other hand I know there are small chances to save the boy, I can hope but probably all we can do is give him a fighting chance and a good few weeks or months before...so I am prepared this time...I would never just give up but how hard his loss will hit me...I do not know."
The old mage answered honestly.

"Maybe but I have acrrued enough that the resultant backlash might be...bad. Better than on the field. It would be a waste of my first fireball to chuck it at nothing though. I'd rather have a target that I really want to burn. Unfortunately some I have in mind are rather out of my league..."

"Yes better not to risk a backlash, I could help you out into the Umbra to blow of steam safely though..."
Your Mentor offered then he looked and you and his expression changed to exactly the same proud, contented look that your fellow teachers and staff at the university had on her faces when passing around pictures of their children's first steps.
"You cast fireballs now fili mi...now that Seeking must have gone well...you might want to get in some practice though, so you are sure about what to do when you meet one of those targets you really want to burn."
He said and you could so envision him sitting in a group of other Masters of the Art passing along pictures of Adley's first fireball, his delight and expression was exactly the same as the one James Venrick who thought archeology and ancient history had last Monday when passing around a picture of his baby girl standing up for the first time.

"Yelling in Greek has worked well for me but lately I've had the urge to delve into other languages to find the appropriate swears..." he said trying at some humor.

"Well both Mr Ruth and Master Nassa and at time young Miss Adlebloom seam to have some good ones in German...ah so many languages, so many ways to express one's dismay at the state of things."
The old mage said and he gave you a bit of a grin.

He huffed. "Why does everyone look at me when I say that!"

Your Mentor just gave you a bit of a grin at that.
"Oh nothing..."
He assured you.

"It's probably no consolation then that I don't know how either."

Jeffry gave a deep sigh.
"Let me know if there is something I can do Adley for all I know how to do right now is be there for you."

Pater, I would rather you stay alive than trade your life for mine. So we'll just have to stay alive."

"Well yes, us both staying alive would be preferable."
Your Mentor said with a bit of a smile but there was also an expression in his eyes that said that he was not lying, he would gladly trade his life for yours if he had to.

He looked up at him and said, "It's been a humbling week. I am also concerned about Chicago...the Chief there is a very good man as are many of the people there but damned if that city isn't filled with vampires and Nephandi as well.

"Oh we probably have our share of vampires as well Mea filius and unfortunately we have our share of Nephandi, we are going to root out the Fallen infestation though and I will not rest until Lisa Larson is dead or well on her way to Horizon under heavy guard to get what is coming to her."
He said firmly, fire in his eyes.

I should go deal with my newest cabalmate so that I can go see Bee and the Mercere, in the event I'm needed back there." Then he looked down. "I will need to go back soon at any rate to finish something..."

"You do that..."
Jeffry said he looked at you as if he wanted to ask what it was you needed to finish in Chicago but he ended up saying nothing, he just nodded.
"You know where to find me if you need to talk fili mi..."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True, however, she is presently convinced that I am her best chance to be able to keep her magic - which just might be true. That alone is going to serve as well for restraining her as the handcuffs she is presently wearing..."

"It might indeed be true, then again it is loyalty by terror and that is always fickle but yes if she is convinced you are the only hope for her getting to keep her magick and her Avatar Mr Wainwright that might indeed make her rather susceptible to your control."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He grinned, "On our arrival in the Morningstar garage, she was introduced to a quite pleasant air spirit called Shimmer. We figured a bit of a polite shock would be the best way to show her the reality of magic; the summoning took a little time, courtesy of one of Joakim's apprentices - excellent Linear Magi, all of them - but we managed to provide her a crash course in coping with the supernatural, without any Paradox."

"A hedge wizard able to cast magick in front of sleepers, that is most impressive...hum but such a shock treatment tend to make True Believers or shake someone up enough to Awaken if they have that in them yes, and if the woman did not react to badly then I guess all is good."
The old war mage said and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, provided he agrees... I think he's inclined to lend aid to that, though; quite the sympathetic fellow. Er, out of curiosity, how often do you have to repair your desk for burns like that?"

Jeffry looked down at the burned and melted paint on his desk and frowned.
"Fairly often Mr Wainwright, that is where some skill in the Sphere known as Matter comes in handy though it is hardly my strong point...hum...well you will handle asking Master Min if he will assist you in this matter then?"

He grinned, then shook his head and looked a little more sober, "I'm certain we can work something out. In fact, depending on what deal I can make with the fellow, some such stones might be used to embellish the memorial plaque you commissioned, along with other works. Just because it's a punitive task doesn't mean I won't make it the finest memorial I can..."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Good..."
Was all he had to say to that.

"It is exquisite, and miss Alexander showed it to me when we visit Horizon for her retrial and the trial of mr. Dale... er, right, another vision; Horizon will come under attack that day... er... did I already let you know about that? No, I think that slipped by... but warnings have been issued of an upcoming attack. The more the better, though; there'll be destruction up past the Verbena clinic and all the way up to the Council Hall..."

At first Jeffry looked confused and then concerned.
"You had another vision Mr Wainwright? One about an attack on Horizon? Do you know who will be attacking, and how big our losses will be? What about the zeppelin fleet and other defenses? Where they not effective, when will this attack take place?"
He asked barely taking a breath between questions.
"Since your other visions have shown amazing accuracy, I think I better send a letter of warning to the Security Council about this, or talk with the man from that very Council currently guesting our home here..."

"Please don't - I said I would pass the request on, but I can't make myself genuinely support the idea... I've stood too close to that shit for comfort already, and I'm not about to casually force anyone else to do the same, even Diego..."

Jeffry gave a grim nod at that.
"Very well I will...consider the request passed on and leave it at that...no it is not something I would want to force someone to watch and especially someone who is headed for the same fate..."
He said and sigh.
"Not even that bastard."

He nodded, "She does have a certain royal air about her - much like I imagine Queen Victoria in her later years - one of dignity, experience and concern for others. Though I'll allow, the latter may have been exaggerated by her need to see her son at the time."

"Ah Queen Victoria, quite a lady that, she was a mage you know, she rose to some prominence within the Sons of Ether in her day, but choose not to use Longevity magick due to how much the public eye was on her, fine woman...as for our Orphan lady, I do hope her son will be ok."

He grimaced, "Indeed; the ones at the introduction and the speech are quite fine, but when the Masters began their grisly work... Suffice to say I understand very well why Master Nassa forbade miss Alexander to read the book on account of the drawings... the text was fine, but the pictures... no."

"Well it do show the horror of that ritual, which was I think Master Porthos' intent in including it. He wanted to show what happened to Teomim...the true horror of it, and it captures that...fairly well in all of it's gruesome detail."
The old mage said grimly.

"I promised to try to treat the girl as mercifully as possible within the law... In many ways, I believe I am bound by the third protocol. I will try to lead her back to the light, as far as I am able to, but... I won't lie; I know it would be easier if she simply... suffered a heart failure in her sleep tonight. Still, such dedication to the Laws might at least lend me some recognition to offset any sideways glances... at least in part."

"Perhaps Mr Wainwright but then again you are an Orphan and you will try to take a Nephandus as your apprentice, even if everything you do is perfectly legal many will...gossip or give you sidelong glances, you are setting yourself up to a dangerous situation and you should be aware of that before you take this action."
Jeffry warned you.

He nodded, "A fairly steep price... though, I suppose providing instruction in a couple of novel rotes would offset it somewhat?"

"Rotes, magickal instruction, Tass, labor all are valid currency in our society Mr Wainwright if you can not meet the price in Tass perhaps you have something else to pay with yes."

"Tomorrow... When you say it like that, it almost feels like it's going to be soon..."

Jeffry grinned a bit at that.

He nodded and rose, turning for the door, "Very well, Sir, I'll see you later, when the dust has settled a bit further, and I'll try to assemble a more complete and detailed report... By the way, I seem to be racking up a bit more Paradox than I am quite comfortable with... any suggestions for safely getting rid of it before the upcoming battles, just in case?"

"There is not many ways to get rid of Paradox safely, Masters of Prime can do some work on removing it for ourselves, I do not know of any methods to do so for others though, but I am sure there are some. Master Telar might know what to do about it, she knows more about stuff like that than me though, so asking her when you see her might yield some results."
The old mage suggested.

After leaving Morgan's office, he headed straight down for the dining hall, sparing a brief moment to regret the lack of a talent like Morningstar's head cook in the kitchen...

You find Ingmar and Liv playing chess in the kitchen and from how it looked the little girl was kicking the Verbena rune mage's ass. Freddy was sitting in a chair eating a bowl of ice cream she looked up when she heard your footsteps.
"Hello love...did the meeting with Master Morgan go well?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:49 am

I do not know the details. We'll have to ask the Kitsune and the other shifters.

"It is a work in progress then Mr Karyak..."
Cadence said an nodded.
"Well I still remember Ayumi's phone number I think."

Tane took out his cellphone and started recording. That will be enough. I'd like to know Why you went

"I...made a friend, a woman I thought was an Orphan, after a while I found out she was not but by then it was to late and she had so much dirt on me...and threatened to send pictures of us together to my Chantry...telling everyone that she was indeed a Nephandus which would be very bad for me, and so I stayed with her...and I got roped in more and more until...it felt like I had no choice...the Caul was my only option."
Cadence muttered and looked down.

what happened to your avatar,

"I...can't talk about what happened to it in the Cauls...I can't...I...can't...she wept and with difficulty turned away from you and started sobbing again, shivering more now repeating again and again that she did not want to talk about it..."

how do you feel it has affected you and what was the reason you decided to go through the Cauls.

"I...do not know...I feel like the same person. I am Primordial...well my Avatar is it have always been a bit on the fatalistic side but I guess it is more destructive...I am sorry I do not really know how to answer your question, I still want to evolve to the point where I stop existing and I join back with the One, my Avatar finally having learned all it needs to...that goal have not changed...so I am more destructive but other than that I just do not know. I went over because I got roped in, slowly, little by little and when I discovered how far I had gone they threatened to expose me to the Traditions if I did not go all the way."
Cadence muttered as she sobbed.
"I do not know how to answer your questions..."

Also, if you have any regrets and what would be your intentions if i can ask.

"I regret...getting involved with that Nephandi woman in the first place...I betrayed my Mentor...my Cabal...my Chantry all of it and after I have seen what the Eaters of the Weak are like I...hate it but I have nowhere else to go now...nowhere...everything good about me have been thorn to shreds and put back together again wrong."
The Nephandus muttered sadly.
"I want to go home...but I can't..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:38 am

"I...have had seven apprentices...I can hope but probably all we can do is give him a fighting chance and a good few weeks or months before...so I am prepared this time...I would never just give up but how hard his loss will hit me...I do not know.

He didn't know what he might say to that at first. It was true that he had convinced him to do this as he had been reminded and he felt responsible. After what he'd seen in his seeking he didn't want to see his pater suffer that way, at the heels of what had already happened to Kyle. But it had not yet happened. Here in this now, as he said to the spirits. He was starting to see why they and Coin too for that matter were confused over the issue of time because knowing it had not or had not yet happened didn't make the experience of it having had happened go away. "If it comes to that we will get though it. If we must. Together."

Your Mentor offered then he looked and you and his expression changed to exactly the same proud, contented look that your fellow teachers and staff at the university had on her faces when passing around pictures of their children's first steps. "You cast fireballs now fili mi...now that Seeking must have gone well...you might want to get in some practice though, so you are sure about what to do when you meet one of those targets you really want to burn."

At least he could give him something to smile about after that darker turn of topic. He felt a little embarrassed the way he was looking at him but also a bit pleased as well. "Theoretically, I believe I can yes," he said with a small smile, amused at his reaction. "I confide, it was getting embarrassing not to be able to do so when everyone expects you to be able to at a moment's notice. You make it look so easy, that's why I know how hard it is." Then he shrugged, "I don't think it's safe to cavort in the umbra right now...thank you though. I'll figure something out."

Your Mentor just gave you a bit of a grin at that. "Oh nothing..."

"I am being serious!"

"Oh we probably have our share of vampires as well Mea filius and unfortunately we have our share of Nephandi, we are going to root out the Fallen infestation though and I will not rest until Lisa Larson is dead or well on her way to Horizon under heavy guard to get what is coming to her."

"Yes, true enough."

"You do that..." Jeffry said he looked at you as if he wanted to ask what it was you needed to finish in Chicago but he ended up saying nothing, he just nodded. "You know where to find me if you need to talk fili mi..."

"Thank you." He looked at him for a moment and then seemed about to turn away to head to the door. But then he hugged him instead, somewhat spontaneously and clumsily, as if he'd been gone decades, hadn't known if he would ever see him again. Like family; except he'd never really wanted to be that close to his biological family and he wasn't particularly known for displays of physical affection. And then he stepped backwards, embarrassed and not entirely sure if he had embarrassed his mentor as well. "I will talk to you soon. I hope the news I bring will be better this time." Then he reached for the door to head out and up to the third floor, to see what could be done about the situation upstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:38 am

So you say you have not experienced any chamge in your behaviour ir your avatar's? Has your connection with your avatar changed?

You're doing good, ok? It's all good for now
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:40 am

Adley:

"If it comes to that we will get though it. If we must. Together."

"Yes fili mi...if we can not save Ryan then...we will give him what support we can to make his end...easier if we can and we will get over his loss...eventually."
The old magus said, though he did not sound completely sure about what he was saying.

At least he could give him something to smile about after that darker turn of topic. He felt a little embarrassed the way he was looking at him but also a bit pleased as well. "Theoretically, I believe I can yes," he said with a small smile, amused at his reaction. "I confide, it was getting embarrassing not to be able to do so when everyone expects you to be able to at a moment's notice. You make it look so easy, that's why I know how hard it is." Then he shrugged, "I don't think it's safe to cavort in the umbra right now...thank you though. I'll figure something out."

"Yes it is not easy and I was never a talented student, I frustrated my teachers many times with how look it took me to learn, you pick up things far quicker than I ever did Adley and you will catch up to your sister and then surpass me one day."
Jeffry said proudly.
"Ah yes the stereotype of our House...we true enough we are known for our fire magick, but that is not all we can do. I am glad you are getting better at magick though mea filius you make me proud."
The old mage considered then he nodded.
"Ah...yes the Umbra might not be the best of ideas right now you are right mea filius..."

"I am being serious!"

Your Mentor sigh.
"You say you are not trying to shoulder it all mea filius but you do, you feel responsible for all that go wrong, even the things that are outside of your control. It is good you want to protect everyone, that is a good quality fili mi, but not everything is your burden to carry and if you try to carry it all sooner or later you will break. And I think people look at you because just about everyone but you see you doing it."

"Thank you." He looked at him for a moment and then seemed about to turn away to head to the door. But then he hugged him instead, somewhat spontaneously and clumsily, as if he'd been gone decades, hadn't known if he would ever see him again. Like family; except he'd never really wanted to be that close to his biological family and he wasn't particularly known for displays of physical affection.

Your Mentor seamed surprised for a moment then he returned the hug, equally clumsily as he as well where not used to showing much physical affection beyond a pat on the shoulder now and again. It was clear from that somewhat awkward hug though that he cared for you very much. Jeffry Morgan had never had biological children and his apprentices where the children he had never had, he did not say anything, just held you for a moment before letting go.

And then he stepped backwards, embarrassed and not entirely sure if he had embarrassed his mentor as well. "I will talk to you soon. I hope the news I bring will be better this time."

You Mentor looked surprised and yes a little embarrassed but not in a negative way, he gave you a smile and nodded.
"Good, do that, we could use some good new fili mi."
He told you.

Then he reached for the door to head out and up to the third floor, to see what could be done about the situation upstairs.

You walk up the stairs and see Hildegaard on her way up as well, the Chorister gave you a polite nod.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
She said and she seamed to be heading to door 304 as well.

Tane:

So you say you have not experienced any chamge in your behaviour ir your avatar's? Has your connection with your avatar changed?

"I...like to take things apart...I buy puzzle games and put them together and get pleasure from taking them apart again or go to thrift stores and get some knitted things and take delight in unraveling them into balls of yarn again...that is a new habit...and I am more morbid, I found myself staring at a dead bird on the ground the other day, thinking it was beautiful, that is new...and my Aatar to are darker but no...other than that I have not changed...well there are the nightmares after...the Caul but..."
Cadence said softly.
"What do you mean with changes in my connection to my Avatar? Do you mean how it is fused with my soul? For...I would not know that...I...think I was put back together again fairly the same way I was before."
She muttered sadly.
"I mean it is there and magick work as it should...but Paradox is worse now and the backlashes are more severe."

You're doing good, ok? It's all good for now

Cadence nodded she still sobbed and seamed really upset, she curled together a bit on the sofa.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:59 am

"Yes fili mi...if we can not save Ryan then...we will give him what support we can to make his end...easier if we can and we will get over his loss...eventually." The old magus said, though he did not sound completely sure about what he was saying

He nodded a bit and then changed the topic. Lingering on it too long wouldn't help. Kyle was alive right now and maybe something else could come to pass. And if not, it would have to be dealt with somehow, hopefully better than what he'd already experienced.

"Ah yes the stereotype of our House...we true enough we are known for our fire magick, but that is not all we can do. I am glad you are getting better at magick though mea filius you make me proud."

"Thank you. I hope I do."

"You say you are not trying to shoulder it all mea filius but you do, you feel responsible for all that go wrong, even the things that are outside of your control. It is good you want to protect everyone, that is a good quality fili mi, but not everything is your burden to carry and if you try to carry it all sooner or later you will break. And I think people look at you because just about everyone but you see you doing it."

"I feel...I care when things go wrong and, yes responsible when what I do or didn't do impacts others I care about poorly. Or when I can't protect people. Though not everything is my fault, I still might have to carry some burdens that were made in a past that I did not have control over then, but now..."

You walk up the stairs and see Hildegaard on her way up as well, the Chorister gave you a polite nod. "Mr Roth Hicks." She said and she seamed to be heading to door 304 as well.

"Ma'am," he said nodding his head back and stepping up to join her. "I believe we are going the same way, as the saying goes."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 am

"Thank you. I hope I do."

Jeffry gave a warm smile at that, he was quite proud of both you and Helena.
"Always fili mi..."

"I feel...I care when things go wrong and, yes responsible when what I do or didn't do impacts others I care about poorly. Or when I can't protect people. Though not everything is my fault, I still might have to carry some burdens that were made in a past that I did not have control over then, but now..."

"Well burdens from former lives are often hard to avoid, as part of that life are with us, we are not the same as our past incarnations but at the same time we are them, but when it comes to what is happenings around you, caring is good Adley, never stop caring...but the more burdens you carry the less effective you are on the battlefield...care...fight and do what you can, but also accept that sometimes there is nothing you can do..."
Jeffry said softly.

"Ma'am," he said nodding his head back and stepping up to join her. "I believe we are going the same way, as the saying goes."

"I see I got a message about your new Cabalmate, I assume we are here in the same errand then Mr Roth Hicks...what about once we knock on the door, I will take care of the prisoner."
Hildegaard said and patted some neatly folded clothes she was carrying over her right arm.
"While you have a talk with your Cabalmate for if you forgive my assumptions that is the errand you are here for? Mr Rush was rather...ehm...indignant when he called me so I assume the Chief would send someone to handle the situation."
The Adeptus Majora said and gave you a measured smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:04 am

"It might indeed be true, then again it is loyalty by terror and that is always fickle but yes if she is convinced you are the only hope for her getting to keep her magick and her Avatar Mr Wainwright that might indeed make her rather susceptible to your control."
Colin nodded, "That's true enough - I will just have to hope I grow on her, despite that."

"Fairly often Mr Wainwright, that is where some skill in the Sphere known as Matter comes in handy though it is hardly my strong point...hum...well you will handle asking Master Min if he will assist you in this matter then?"
He nodded, "On the assumption I'll be permitted to take her in here, yes. If I'm not permitted to shelter her, that... will unfortunately be the end of that; I can hardly overrule the Deacon Council on such a matter, can I?"

"You had another vision Mr Wainwright? One about an attack on Horizon? Do you know who will be attacking, and how big our losses will be? What about the zeppelin fleet and other defenses? Where they not effective, when will this attack take place?"
He asked barely taking a breath between questions.
"Since your other visions have shown amazing accuracy, I think I better send a letter of warning to the Security Council about this, or talk with the man from that very Council currently guesting our home here..."
"Ah, there's a bit of the rub... the vision begins in the aftermath; I remember a few crucial snippets from the day of the attack, but I was attending proceedings in the Council Hall when the intruders burst in - and I'm afraid I don't even know who attacked. What I do remember is walking with miss Alexander to the Verbena clinic the next day, and looking at the path of destruction... oddly, I do believe my vision may have helped, as I recall numerous injuries in the general population, but not fatalities. I will bother Master Steelhaven about a more accurate testimony of it, in case there are details that have slipped my mind... but mr. Dale will save his soul in the attack by risking his life, so some good will come of it, strangely enough... Er, we have an actual guest from the Security Council now? Is... wait, is that the abducted Spirit Master, brought to safety? How did the rescue go, aside from mr. Karyak's improprieties?"

"Ah Queen Victoria, quite a lady that, she was a mage you know, she rose to some prominence within the Sons of Ether in her day, but choose not to use Longevity magick due to how much the public eye was on her, fine woman...as for our Orphan lady, I do hope her son will be ok."
He arched an eyebrow, "That is news to me... hang on, wait, that can't be right, she died in 1901; didn't the Etherites adopt that name when they joined us a few years after that?"

"Well it do show the horror of that ritual, which was I think Master Porthos' intent in including it. He wanted to show what happened to Teomim...the true horror of it, and it captures that...fairly well in all of it's gruesome detail."
"Well, one can't dispute his success in that regard."

"Perhaps Mr Wainwright but then again you are an Orphan and you will try to take a Nephandus as your apprentice, even if everything you do is perfectly legal many will...gossip or give you sidelong glances, you are setting yourself up to a dangerous situation and you should be aware of that before you take this action."
He nodded, "I am aware - though, there's a fair chance the poor light I risk will be somewhat diminished if there's enough outrage over the bloody ritual already, due for example to the... mass flayings that may well come if we are successful at live captures from both Labyrinths. It's a slim chance, but I'll take it... Again, pending the goodwill of the Deacon Council."

"Rotes, magickal instruction, Tass, labor all are valid currency in our society Mr Wainwright if you can not meet the price in Tass perhaps you have something else to pay with yes."
He smiled, "A meta-rote which can draw resonated quintessence directly from tass and into a spell, and neutralize the resonance from it in the process should be deemed quite valuable to most, I would think..."

"There is not many ways to get rid of Paradox safely, Masters of Prime can do some work on removing it for ourselves, I do not know of any methods to do so for others though, but I am sure there are some. Master Telar might know what to do about it, she knows more about stuff like that than me though, so asking her when you see her might yield some results."
"Well, I suppose indulging in triggering a deliberate backlash would be swift enough... but I won't risk that until after the fighting's died down. Heavens know what sort of difficulty that would give me, or how long it would last."

"Hello love...did the meeting with Master Morgan go well?"
Colin grinned, "And you said you needed sight and your equipment for magic, luv... Well enough; I'm unscathed, though his coffee mug boiled over a couple of times, and he needs to repair his desk. Again. I'll need to address Master Steelhaven about a couple of details as well, and the Deacon Council... but one headache at a time. Shall we head up to Master Telar's room, then?"
He glanced at the chessboard and switched to Latin, "So, sweetie, is he letting you win, is he that distracted, or is he just not that good at Chess?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:37 am

Colin nodded, "That's true enough - I will just have to hope I grow on her, despite that."

"Treat the child well and she probably will eventually."
Jeffry said.

He nodded, "On the assumption I'll be permitted to take her in here, yes. If I'm not permitted to shelter her, that... will unfortunately be the end of that; I can hardly overrule the Deacon Council on such a matter, can I?"

"No you can not, the Deacon Council can not refuse you taking an apprentice once you have the rank of Adept, but they can deny that apprentice living here and getting another Chantry to accept her will not be easy. I will take it up with the Deacons though, and as long as she is kept safely and locked up they might be persuaded to allow you to keep her."

"Ah, there's a bit of the rub... the vision begins in the aftermath; I remember a few crucial snippets from the day of the attack, but I was attending proceedings in the Council Hall when the intruders burst in - and I'm afraid I don't even know who attacked. What I do remember is walking with miss Alexander to the Verbena clinic the next day, and looking at the path of destruction... oddly, I do believe my vision may have helped, as I recall numerous injuries in the general population, but not fatalities.

"Hum...well if we can avoid fatalities then property damage can be repaired...but you say the courtroom itself was attacked, what about the Nine, where they injured?"
Jeffry asked and frowned.

I will bother Master Steelhaven about a more accurate testimony of it, in case there are details that have slipped my mind... but mr. Dale will save his soul in the attack by risking his life, so some good will come of it, strangely enough...

"I would appreciate getting to read a copy of that testimony if you do not mind once it is done...Mr Dale avoided...his heroics must have been impressive if the Council decided to spare his Avatar as that would make him the second Nephandus spared after Master Ir...hum..."
The old Hermetic did not look like he knew if he should be pleased about that or not.

Er, we have an actual guest from the Security Council now? Is... wait, is that the abducted Spirit Master, brought to safety? How did the rescue go, aside from mr. Karyak's improprieties?"

"Yes Master Temaris the missing Spirit Master...the rescue did go well, the three hostages are safe with us, including the young Etherite from the Umbra Dock's Mentor and...Lady Ceres' friend Maya...they have not been treated well...but will be alright I am told."
The old war mage said then he frowned.
"I think we need to be careful to not let Miss Alexander know that Master Temaris is at the Chantry...that might...upset her..."

He arched an eyebrow, "That is news to me... hang on, wait, that can't be right, she died in 1901; didn't the Etherites adopt that name when they joined us a few years after that?"

"The lady got to see two name changes of the Etherites first they where the Voltarian Order and then the Electrodyne Engineers and they had just started becoming the Sons of Ether at that time...but no she was never a Traditionalist, I can admire her skill but would have killed her if I saw her, she was a Technocrat to the day she died."
Jeffry explained.

"Well, one can't dispute his success in that regard."

"Indeed...the drawings are...ehm...rather...effective at that."
The old mage said and swallowed hard.

He nodded, "I am aware - though, there's a fair chance the poor light I risk will be somewhat diminished if there's enough outrage over the bloody ritual already, due for example to the... mass flayings that may well come if we are successful at live captures from both Labyrinths. It's a slim chance, but I'll take it... Again, pending the goodwill of the Deacon Council."

The old Hermetic's eyes darkened.
"Yes well Horizon is going to be a bad place for a while with all the trials and all the...no one is going to be thrilled at that ritual happening to so many magi even if they are Nephandi so yes with enough outcry some might see you as a bit of a hero protecting that child from a fate worse than death...though others will still be against you and think there should be only one fate for a Nephandus...but yes we have to see what the Deacon Council says first...do you want to address them in this matter or should I?"
Jeffry inquired.

He smiled, "A meta-rote which can draw resonated quintessence directly from tass and into a spell, and neutralize the resonance from it in the process should be deemed quite valuable to most, I would think..."

"The rote you used at the Umbral dock when you saved me from all of that Jhor? Something I am grateful for by the way...yes instruction in that rote should be able to cover most of the cost of having such a talisman made, though off course the more who know it the less valuable it will be for you over time...be careful with how you spend this resource Mr Wainwright."

"Well, I suppose indulging in triggering a deliberate backlash would be swift enough... but I won't risk that until after the fighting's died down. Heavens know what sort of difficulty that would give me, or how long it would last."

"The Consensus carry a cruel whip Mr Wainwright and it is not easy to escape it's bite...yes trying to trigger a backlash now would probably not be wise and doing so deliberately is not that easy either."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Paradox is what it is young man."

Colin grinned, "And you said you needed sight and your equipment for magic, luv... Well enough; I'm unscathed, though his coffee mug boiled over a couple of times, and he needs to repair his desk. Again. I'll need to address Master Steelhaven about a couple of details as well, and the Deacon Council... but one headache at a time.

"It is not the kind of magick you are thinking about love, it is more a guess and you have rather heavy boots."
Freddy said and grinned.
"Well as long as nothing exploded I would say you did good considering what you had to talk to the Chief about...offering to fix his desk for him might be a nice gesture though, but yes one headache at the time...you can have mine if you want...it is irritating."
The Virtual Adept said and grinned at you.

Shall we head up to Master Telar's room, then?"

"Yes, I am sure Ingmar can take care of Liv for now."
Freddy said and slowly stood a little unsteady on her feet.

He glanced at the chessboard and switched to Latin, "So, sweetie, is he letting you win, is he that distracted, or is he just not that good at Chess?"

"Mr Rush is distracted, he makes mistakes, but I think he is good at it if he focused on the game Sir."
Liv said and smiled to you a bit of ice cream around her mouth. Ingmar looks up from the game and says.
"I can watch over the girl for now if you two have things to do, I do not mind."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:44 am

"Well burdens from former lives are often hard to avoid, as part of that life are with us, we are not the same as our past incarnations but at the same time we are them, but when it comes to what is happenings around you, caring is good Adley, never stop caring...but the more burdens you carry the less effective you are on the battlefield...care...fight and do what you can, but also accept that sometimes there is nothing you can do..."

He frowned, looking disconcerted. "I know I cannot save everyone."

"I see I got a message about your new Cabalmate, I assume we are here in the same errand then Mr Roth Hicks...what about once we knock on the door, I will take care of the prisoner."

"That would be much appreciated. I do not believe she has had any of her belongings checked over or weapons and tools confiscated for the time being when she came in."

"While you have a talk with your Cabalmate for if you forgive my assumptions that is the errand you are here for? Mr Rush was rather...ehm...indignant when he called me so I assume the Chief would send someone to handle the situation."

"Yes, he certainly was..." Adley sighed. "I have been asked to talk with Mr Karyak and I would also like to talk with her for a few moments as well, afterward. Let's go see if we can sort this out."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:23 am

He frowned, looking disconcerted. "I know I cannot save everyone."

"Yes...we can not save everyone fili mi and you can not blame yourself for everyone you can not save...down that path lies only sorrow."
The old mage said sounding worried.

"That would be much appreciated. I do not believe she has had any of her belongings checked over or weapons and tools confiscated for the time being when she came in."

"I see that is most unwise, I will make the assumption then it was not your honored Mentor that handled Miss Getwater when she was brought in, I have never known him to make such a mistake, well for now I intend to give the young woman some new clothes and unless anyone have some purpose for what she is wearing I recommend burning them, I will also make sure that she is not carrying any weapons or tools, and check for Investment marks."
Hildegard said as she walked beside you.

"Yes, he certainly was..." Adley sighed. "I have been asked to talk with Mr Karyak and I would also like to talk with her for a few moments as well, afterward. Let's go see if we can sort this out."

The elderly Chorister nodded and knocked on the door to Tane's room.
"Off course Mr Roth Hicks, let us see what we can sort out, it should not take me to long to clean the young woman up and change her clothes there should be time for you to talk with her as well."

Tane as you sit talking with Cadence you hear a knocking at your door, your prisoner jump a little as if the sound scarred her.

(OOC: Strife if you could post a copy of what you write to Tane into his little thread so he can find it that would be great or I can do it. Also since Tane's player usually play a little slower than the rest of us would you like for us to just run some scenes of Adley's other errands at Steelhaven that follow his meeting with Tane simultaneously so you do not have to wait?)

(OOC 2: Well then I am off to play some MtG, I will be posting more later today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:49 pm

I mean, maybe in the way it communicates with you? Maybe in the way your resonance sends you messages? He asked, but soon the door was knocked. I'll leave this recording, ok? he said and pened the door to find ms Hildegaard and mr Hicks.
Ah, please, come in. How's everything, Hildegaard?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:31 pm

"Treat the child well and she probably will eventually."
Colin smiled sadly, "She's a rather sweet child; I hope she gets the chance, despite the outlook..."

"No you can not, the Deacon Council can not refuse you taking an apprentice once you have the rank of Adept, but they can deny that apprentice living here and getting another Chantry to accept her will not be easy. I will take it up with the Deacons though, and as long as she is kept safely and locked up they might be persuaded to allow you to keep her."
"That's fair - the Deacon Council can easily, however, simply not grant me early rank advancement. Which would reduce my potential authority over the poor dear to warden at most..."

"Hum...well if we can avoid fatalities then property damage can be repaired...but you say the courtroom itself was attacked, what about the Nine, where they injured?"
"I would appreciate getting to read a copy of that testimony if you do not mind once it is done...Mr Dale avoided...his heroics must have been impressive if the Council decided to spare his Avatar as that would make him the second Nephandus spared after Master Ir...hum..."
"No, none of the Nine were harmed, thanks to Mr. Dale; while I know to bring my own weapon into the chamber to help fend off the attackers, he moves to shield Marianna of Balador with his own body, catching a Primium bullet meant for her... between that bit of heroism and the massive bloodshed on that day in two months, he gets away with Branding. So for the visit to the clinic the next day, miss Alexander and I walk on our own..."

"Yes Master Temaris the missing Spirit Master...the rescue did go well, the three hostages are safe with us, including the young Etherite from the Umbra Dock's Mentor and...Lady Ceres' friend Maya...they have not been treated well...but will be alright I am told."
The old war mage said then he frowned.
"I think we need to be careful to not let Miss Alexander know that Master Temaris is at the Chantry...that might...upset her..."
He nodded, smiling, "I think Lady Ceris will be relieved to hear Maya is safe... and never fear, I will try to not get too close to miss Alexander for a few days; telling her Master Temaris is here would be difficult then."

"The lady got to see two name changes of the Etherites first they where the Voltarian Order and then the Electrodyne Engineers and they had just started becoming the Sons of Ether at that time...but no she was never a Traditionalist, I can admire her skill but would have killed her if I saw her, she was a Technocrat to the day she died."
He smiled wryly, "Not to dispute your confidence, but I suspect your killing her would have been a great loss for us all... I doubt you would have been able to get away, and I might be honourbound to take some offense now if you had. I must, after all, frown upon Regicide."

"Yes well Horizon is going to be a bad place for a while with all the trials and all the...no one is going to be thrilled at that ritual happening to so many magi even if they are Nephandi so yes with enough outcry some might see you as a bit of a hero protecting that child from a fate worse than death...though others will still be against you and think there should be only one fate for a Nephandus...but yes we have to see what the Deacon Council says first...do you want to address them in this matter or should I?"
"I think... I should like you to give them a rough outline of the matter as you assemble them, and let me plead the case itself. It seems only fair that they have some warning of what my request will be so they don't react with complete shock and surprise upon the petition itself. You know, to avoid an immediate knee-jerk reaction there and then."

"The rote you used at the Umbral dock when you saved me from all of that Jhor? Something I am grateful for by the way...yes instruction in that rote should be able to cover most of the cost of having such a talisman made, though off course the more who know it the less valuable it will be for you over time...be careful with how you spend this resource Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "To be honest, Sir, I don't mind a short, er, economic lifespan for that rote. If it sees general adoption in a couple of years to promote safety in disposing of heavily resonated quintessence, I think that would be far preferable to me merely getting wealthy from it. I have the necessary paperwork to fill in to ensure I retain credit for the development of it, of course, but I consider the rote to be on par with Salk's polio vaccine - too important and potentially life-saving to put a lid on for personal profit."

"The Consensus carry a cruel whip Mr Wainwright and it is not easy to escape it's bite...yes trying to trigger a backlash now would probably not be wise and doing so deliberately is not that easy either."
He shrugged, "I don't know about the 'not that easy' part. It would seem to me that deliberately screwing up a simple spell that badly should be roughly as easy as shooting myself in the foot, only far less pleasant..."

"Well as long as nothing exploded I would say you did good considering what you had to talk to the Chief about...offering to fix his desk for him might be a nice gesture though, but yes one headache at the time...you can have mine if you want...it is irritating."
He smiled, "I do believe he's got the desk issue under control; apparently he has a little rote for that purpose at hand. It would seem leaving scorch marks on the finish is a common occurrence. As for your headache, ahh, I'm sorry, luv, but I must decline. I fear it would interfere with my aim for the next couple of clashes, and we can't have that, can we?"

"Mr Rush is distracted, he makes mistakes, but I think he is good at it if he focused on the game Sir."
Liv said and smiled to you a bit of ice cream around her mouth. Ingmar looks up from the game and says.
"I can watch over the girl for now if you two have things to do, I do not mind."
He grinned at Liv, "He's got a nasty frustration; quite understandable... unfortunately, his frustration is my problem, but you should be safe with him..."
He looked over at Ingmar and arched an eyebrow, speaking in a humorless tone, "I have to have my Avatar examined; it has done something bizarre in response to assault... it's unharmed, mind; no damage, it's just done something strange. However, your game is a little off... perhaps it would help you focus if you visualize miss Bergen's king as mr. Karyak?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Tane:

I mean, maybe in the way it communicates with you? Maybe in the way your resonance sends you messages?

"I guess I deal with Entropic Resonance better, and my Avatar have never been that communicative really, I do not have one of those that talk non stop...sometimes I feel sad and the sadness is not from me, and sometimes when I sing I get a discordant tone in there but other than that I have not been feeling much Mr Karyak...I think it was scarred though...before...I went in..."
Cadence muttered sadly.

He asked, but soon the door was knocked. I'll leave this recording, ok? he said and pened the door to find ms Hildegaard and mr Hicks.

Cadence nodded though she still looked scarred. Hildegaard give you a polite nod when she see you.
"Mr Karyak good evening, I was asked by Mr Rush to help your prisoner clean up, may we come in?"
The Chorister asked politely.

Hildegard gave another polite nod and stepped into your apartment.
"Thank you Mr Karyak, I am well I hope this evening find you in good health."
She said as she glanced at the Nephandus on the sofa and her eyes narrowed a bit.
"One thing though Mr Karyak, while you are a charming young man and have been kind to my student, I do not yet feel familiar enough with you to share such informal address. I have to admit I do not know much about the customs in your homeland, I do know some nations, Norway for example tend to favor first name address for everyone, friend or stranger, I however is not accustomed to this, to be on first name basis with me means the person is one of my closest friends, I prefer to be addressed either by title or as Miss Gottschalk or if you have to use my first name, Sister Hildegard will do."
The Chorister admonished gently but firmly.
"So Mr Karyak, I hope you do not mind if I take your prisoner with me to the bathroom and give her a clean shift of clothing."
She said and indicated the clothes she was carrying over one arm.

Adley inside the Dreamspeaker's apartment, which looked very similar to other apartments in the Chantry though the furniture was some of the old bits and pieces that had been stored in the basement indicating that Tane had not yet moved in. On the sofa in the living room lay a woman, her arms where bound behind her back and she was shivering as if cold and was clearly upset. The woman looked to be about the same age as you plus or minus a few years, her hair was dark honey blond and fell in jaw length curls around a plain face made pretty by large blue eyes, she was covered in blood though and was rather pale though her skin tone was rather dark for so fair hair.

Colin:

Colin smiled sadly, "She's a rather sweet child; I hope she gets the chance, despite the outlook..."

"Hum...we will see I am hesitant to see a Nephandus as sweet, but at least then we might arrange it so she get a trial and it is not just done in some Chantry basement before she is then dumped on the street to fend for herself."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"That's fair - the Deacon Council can easily, however, simply not grant me early rank advancement. Which would reduce my potential authority over the poor dear to warden at most..."

"Yes they can but you can also protest such a decision to a higher court if you think you can prove that you deserve to be named Adept, but the Deacon Council giving you a no would make things harder for you, considerably harder, and unless you get that Adept rank or find someone else to apprentice the girl then she have no rights and we are back to basements and dumping on the streets..."

"No, none of the Nine were harmed, thanks to Mr. Dale; while I know to bring my own weapon into the chamber to help fend off the attackers, he moves to shield Marianna of Balador with his own body, catching a Primium bullet meant for her... between that bit of heroism and the massive bloodshed on that day in two months, he gets away with Branding. So for the visit to the clinic the next day, miss Alexander and I walk on our own..."

"Good...there is always chaos when one of the Primi die...and we do not need more chaos right now. So Mr Dale was pardoned for heroism...again I am not sure I approve but there are worse things that could happen...this attack though do worry me, but I guess we have to deal with one crisis at the time Mr Wainwright...at least in your vision Miss Alexander is back on her feet in two months which is good, I know Master Telar is very worried about her."

He nodded, smiling, "I think Lady Ceris will be relieved to hear Maya is safe... and never fear, I will try to not get too close to miss Alexander for a few days; telling her Master Temaris is here would be difficult then."

"She was Mr Wainwright I placed Miss Maya in her cell...after dosing the girl with the serum...I had to we can not have Marauders free to use magick in the Chantry but as the injection was followed by allot of tears I do feel rather bad about it, the Mad One are rather child like, she believe herself stuck in a storybook where she is the main character and the narrator."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"But yes Lady Ceres was most pleased to get the girl back though she did give me quite a scowl for having caused the girl discomfort."
He added.
"Hum...you are right, and staying away from Miss Alexander until we know the extent of your soul's threat to Fallen Avatars are probably wise."

He smiled wryly, "Not to dispute your confidence, but I suspect your killing her would have been a great loss for us all... I doubt you would have been able to get away, and I might be honourbound to take some offense now if you had. I must, after all, frown upon Regicide."

"She was a mage in my eyes like any other, her sleeper status mattering little, but yes had I met her and been forced to fight her the cost would likely be great as she was a skilled willworker and her sleeper guards but also be quite an issue. I do not put much stock in aristocracy or inn a monarchy, favoring a meritocracy where those with skill and ability rule and leaders are chosen on merit and not blood...then again it would be hypocritical of me to say that such things do not matter in the Traditions at all, doors are opened for my apprentices that are not for many apprentices of Adepts for example."
Jeffry commented.
"But yes Queen Victoria to me was just another Order of Reason agent, an enemy, though a skilled and admirable enemy."

"I think... I should like you to give them a rough outline of the matter as you assemble them, and let me plead the case itself. It seems only fair that they have some warning of what my request will be so they don't react with complete shock and surprise upon the petition itself. You know, to avoid an immediate knee-jerk reaction there and then."

"And more desks in need of repair?"
The old war mage commented wryly.
"Certainly I can do so. I will ask for a meeting of the Deacon Council as soon as the immediate threat is dealt with, if the girl can be kept where she is until Monday morning that is."
He asked and nodded.

He nodded, "To be honest, Sir, I don't mind a short, er, economic lifespan for that rote. If it sees general adoption in a couple of years to promote safety in disposing of heavily resonated quintessence, I think that would be far preferable to me merely getting wealthy from it. I have the necessary paperwork to fill in to ensure I retain credit for the development of it, of course, but I consider the rote to be on par with Salk's polio vaccine - too important and potentially life-saving to put a lid on for personal profit."

Jeffry gave you a short, approving nod.
"An admirable attitude Mr Wainwright, I would prefer if you got some compensation for your work though, opportunities like this do not come along that often for an Orphan."

He shrugged, "I don't know about the 'not that easy' part. It would seem to me that deliberately screwing up a simple spell that badly should be roughly as easy as shooting myself in the foot, only far less pleasant..."

"Then again if you intent to screw something up as you so delicately put it, will you tend be able to let go and loose control to the degree that invite such a rush of Paradox into your system...also you never know when you will get a backlash, it can come from a minuscule amount of the stuff in your system or build up until a backlash is fatal...you could end up with just more Paradox by just intentionally messing up a spell."
The old mage said as he regarded the Orphan.

He smiled, "I do believe he's got the desk issue under control; apparently he has a little rote for that purpose at hand. It would seem leaving scorch marks on the finish is a common occurrence. As for your headache, ahh, I'm sorry, luv, but I must decline. I fear it would interfere with my aim for the next couple of clashes, and we can't have that, can we?"

"It would not surprise me if some scorch marks here and there is common in the Chief's office no love...the man have a hot temper, he will probably be able to fix that himself then."
Freddy said then she gave you a friendly smile.
"And I was just joking Colin I would never wish pain on you...well...perhaps a little bit for special occasions but not a headache from newly healed brain when you are going to fight the Nephandi."

He grinned at Liv, "He's got a nasty frustration; quite understandable... unfortunately, his frustration is my problem, but you should be safe with him..."

Liv nodded and looked up at you.
"Mr Rush was scary when he was yelling and shouting Sir, but he turns out to be rather nice...I think he might be a big softie underneath all of that prickliness."
She observed.

He looked over at Ingmar and arched an eyebrow, speaking in a humorless tone, "I have to have my Avatar examined; it has done something bizarre in response to assault... it's unharmed, mind; no damage, it's just done something strange. However, your game is a little off... perhaps it would help you focus if you visualize miss Bergen's king as mr. Karyak?"

"Yes that might help Mr Wainwright...it might help indeed..."
Ingmar said then he glanced at you.
"Well as long as you are fine...but another Avatar doing strange things...with that kid with the vampire problem, that bloody Avatar that had to be chased from Deacon Sharaya's office, Bee's...ehm...yeah...and that dude with his...well the rumor say that girl with him was his manifested soul...odd Avatar stuff seam to be the theme of the day...good luck with your examination though..."
He said then he realized that his mutterings about odd Avatars might have been rude.
"Ehm...sorry...no offense...meant."
He added apologetically.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:22 pm

"Hum...we will see I am hesitant to see a Nephandus as sweet, but at least then we might arrange it so she get a trial and it is not just done in some Chantry basement before she is then dumped on the street to fend for herself."
Colin's voice cooled sharply, "Whatever happens, 'dumped on the street' will not be an option. That much I will see to, one way or the other..."

"Yes they can but you can also protest such a decision to a higher court if you think you can prove that you deserve to be named Adept, but the Deacon Council giving you a no would make things harder for you, considerably harder, and unless you get that Adept rank or find someone else to apprentice the girl then she have no rights and we are back to basements and dumping on the streets..."
He shook his head, "There's too much at stake for such a path. I don't think I can prove I deserve Adept rank - at best, I can ask nicely and point to corroborated visions as supporting evidence - but really, I need it to save a soul, not to inflate my own worth. Asking for help from another senior Mage would..."
He blinked, "Bugger me... in two months, miss Alexander told me Master Nassa needs to be strong for her new sister... that..." He shook his head, "...that actually still seems like an unreasonably long shot, but might be worth keeping in mind as a possibility."

"Good...there is always chaos when one of the Primi die...and we do not need more chaos right now. So Mr Dale was pardoned for heroism...again I am not sure I approve but there are worse things that could happen...this attack though do worry me, but I guess we have to deal with one crisis at the time Mr Wainwright...at least in your vision Miss Alexander is back on her feet in two months which is good, I know Master Telar is very worried about her."
He nodded, "There'll be enough maneuvering over the next few years with regular peaceful succession, I think. But yes, one crisis at a time."

"She was Mr Wainwright I placed Miss Maya in her cell...after dosing the girl with the serum...I had to we can not have Marauders free to use magick in the Chantry but as the injection was followed by allot of tears I do feel rather bad about it, the Mad One are rather child like, she believe herself stuck in a storybook where she is the main character and the narrator."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"But yes Lady Ceres was most pleased to get the girl back though she did give me quite a scowl for having caused the girl discomfort."
He smiled, "Well, I suppose I'll have to bring them a decent meal tomorrow, then, since this new-fangled influx of precious spices seems to disagree with their digestion. Hm, in a storybook, you say? That's an interesting delusion... has she been questioned about her captivity yet?"

"She was a mage in my eyes like any other, her sleeper status mattering little, but yes had I met her and been forced to fight her the cost would likely be great as she was a skilled willworker and her sleeper guards but also be quite an issue. I do not put much stock in aristocracy or inn a monarchy, favoring a meritocracy where those with skill and ability rule and leaders are chosen on merit and not blood...then again it would be hypocritical of me to say that such things do not matter in the Traditions at all, doors are opened for my apprentices that are not for many apprentices of Adepts for example."
He nodded, "Oh, I do agree that a meritocracy is inherently preferable to aristocracy or monarchy as a basis for government - but killing the Queen of England, and the Empress of the world's largest empire at the time would be, well... I believe you said something about the loss of a Primi?"

"And more desks in need of repair?"
"I was actually more concerned with life and limb, but yes, preserving the furniture would also be a good reason for easing them into the matter."

"Certainly I can do so. I will ask for a meeting of the Deacon Council as soon as the immediate threat is dealt with, if the girl can be kept where she is until Monday morning that is."
He nodded, "Thank you... I will confer with Joakim about that."

"An admirable attitude Mr Wainwright, I would prefer if you got some compensation for your work though, opportunities like this do not come along that often for an Orphan."
"True enough - but the academic recognition for it might well open more doors than bags of Tass and Primium. Besides, I rather suspect I've got more than one such surprise up my sleeve..."

"Then again if you intent to screw something up as you so delicately put it, will you tend be able to let go and loose control to the degree that invite such a rush of Paradox into your system...also you never know when you will get a backlash, it can come from a minuscule amount of the stuff in your system or build up until a backlash is fatal...you could end up with just more Paradox by just intentionally messing up a spell."
He nodded, "I did not mean to imply it would be a cakewalk; it would be the equivalent of handing Reality a brass knuckle and telling it to take its best shot... In any case, I would not want to consider such extreme resorts until all of my current affairs are in order. Working silver while my merest touch causes metal to turn into a fudge-like consistency, for example, would be rather bothersome."

"And I was just joking Colin I would never wish pain on you...well...perhaps a little bit for special occasions but not a headache from newly healed brain when you are going to fight the Nephandi."
He winked to Freddy and squeezed her hand lightly, "I'll hold you to that when Master Telar is doing her scans, then."

"Mr Rush was scary when he was yelling and shouting Sir, but he turns out to be rather nice...I think he might be a big softie underneath all of that prickliness."
He smiled, "Not knowing how good mr. Rush is with Latin, I will refrain from commenting on that... but he has good reason for being angry right now. He's usually quite calm and collected."

"Ehm...sorry...no offense...meant."
"None taken. Having Fallen prisoners recoil in fear because their Avatars are afraid mine will eat them certainly adds credence to your theme of the day suggestion. To quote The Bard, If this were play'd upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. And thank you."
He grinned, and led Freddy out of the dining hall and up the stairs to Cita's room.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Colin's voice cooled sharply, "Whatever happens, 'dumped on the street' will not be an option. That much I will see to, one way or the other..."

"No...I assume you will save her from that indignity at least and I doubt anyone at Steelhaven will begrudge you...helping the child after...well if it comes to that."
Jeffry said softly.

He shook his head, "There's too much at stake for such a path. I don't think I can prove I deserve Adept rank - at best, I can ask nicely and point to corroborated visions as supporting evidence - but really, I need it to save a soul, not to inflate my own worth. Asking for help from another senior Mage would..."

"Well you can not present what you have as visions for that is an Initiate degree, you have to present them as minor time travel...but yes I do see your point...and let us see what the Deacon Council says first...then you can decide on your further course of action Mr Wainwright."

He blinked, "Bugger me... in two months, miss Alexander told me Master Nassa needs to be strong for her new sister... that..." He shook his head, "...that actually still seems like an unreasonably long shot, but might be worth keeping in mind as a possibility."

"An apprenticeship with Master Nassa would give the girl a better chance at least, he is highly respected and powerful and known to be able to keep in check a very magickally talented widderslainte however there are no precedent to act in this Nephandi girl's advantage and she is a fully fledged Nephandus so even if Master Nassa should agree, which is unlikely, that still do not give the girl much of a shot."

He nodded, "There'll be enough maneuvering over the next few years with regular peaceful succession, I think. But yes, one crisis at a time."

"Yes there will always be time for more trouble once Lisa Larson and her plot are dealt with and what you have seen in your vision will keep for now."
Jeffry said.
"And anything that do not need to be handled right this instance is a boon."

He smiled, "Well, I suppose I'll have to bring them a decent meal tomorrow, then, since this new-fangled influx of precious spices seems to disagree with their digestion. Hm, in a storybook, you say? That's an interesting delusion... has she been questioned about her captivity yet?"

"I am sure they would appreciate a good meal and yes today's plethora of spices are very different from what I am used to from my childhood and my parents where well to do...Lady Ceres' Mindscape is a time long before even my childhood, I understand her discomfort at modern food."
Jeffry said then he shook his head.
"Not yet...the girl got so upset from that injection I thought it best to let her rest a bit with her friend before asking her questions as she is hard to understand at times for she speaks like the narrator in a story."

He nodded, "Oh, I do agree that a meritocracy is inherently preferable to aristocracy or monarchy as a basis for government - but killing the Queen of England, and the Empress of the world's largest empire at the time would be, well... I believe you said something about the loss of a Primi?"

"You have a point in that it would create chaos...then again a Technocrat is a Technocrat though it might violate the Protocol about protecting sleepers and keeping them from harm...well it is a moot point now anyway as the woman have been dead for over a century."
Jeffry muttered and shrugged.

"I was actually more concerned with life and limb, but yes, preserving the furniture would also be a good reason for easing them into the matter."

The old war mage grinned at that.
"Exactly, furniture is expensive Mr Wainwright..."

He nodded, "Thank you... I will confer with Joakim about that."

"Very well, let me know what the good man have to say about the matter once you have done so then"

"True enough - but the academic recognition for it might well open more doors than bags of Tass and Primium. Besides, I rather suspect I've got more than one such surprise up my sleeve..."

"You are right among our kind academic recognition is not a resource to scoff at...and no it would not surprise me if you have more rabbits in your hat Mr Wainwright, it would not surprise me at all."
Jeffry said and smiled.

He nodded, "I did not mean to imply it would be a cakewalk; it would be the equivalent of handing Reality a brass knuckle and telling it to take its best shot... In any case, I would not want to consider such extreme resorts until all of my current affairs are in order. Working silver while my merest touch causes metal to turn into a fudge-like consistency, for example, would be rather bothersome."

"The problem is my good man that reality do not always listen, it might take that weapon you offer and store it for later until it have enough force behind it to snap your neck like a twig when it hits...and there are worse things than can happen than an unfortunate effect on metal, you internal organs liquefying for example would be a far more bothersome outcome..."
The old war mage warned.

He winked to Freddy and squeezed her hand lightly, "I'll hold you to that when Master Telar is doing her scans, then."

"Well it would be a special occasion love."
Freddy joked and gave you a wry smile.

He smiled, "Not knowing how good mr. Rush is with Latin, I will refrain from commenting on that... but he has good reason for being angry right now. He's usually quite calm and collected."

"I hope I did not insult him Mr Wainwright..."
Liv said apologetically and glanced at Ingmar.
"He is a healer is he not...he have runes on him but not used the same way that my father do...is he Verbena?"

"None taken. Having Fallen prisoners recoil in fear because their Avatars are afraid mine will eat them certainly adds credence to your theme of the day suggestion. To quote The Bard, If this were play'd upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. And thank you."

"Well yes...then again we are mages Mr Wainwright, I guess odd is our bread and butter...good luck though I will keep the little one safe and occupied in the meantime so do not worry about it."
Ingmar said and gave you a smile.

He grinned, and led Freddy out of the dining hall and up the stairs to Cita's room.

You see Cita on her way out of Tobias's room as you come up the stairs with Freddy. The Spirit Master carefully close the boy's door not to wake him then turn and when she sees you she smiles.
"Mr Wainwright...Miss Adlebloom..."
She said in greeting then she looked at you.
"Are you here for that personal matter?...You better come into my room then where we can have some privacy..." she said and opened the door to her small guest apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:20 pm

"I see that is most unwise, I will make the assumption then it was not your honored Mentor that handled Miss Getwater when she was brought in, I have never known him to make such a mistake, well for now I intend to give the young woman some new clothes and unless anyone have some purpose for what she is wearing I recommend burning them, I will also make sure that she is not carrying any weapons or tools, and check for Investment marks."

'Thank you. Mr Rush did try to acquire some assistance earlier but...things did not seem to go well, hence our imminent arrival. The Verbena was healing her and didn't see any investment marks but he was not really looking for such problems, busy as he was. It's a good idea to burn the clothing too, just in case, I agree."

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks, let us see what we can sort out, it should not take me to long to clean the young woman up and change her clothes there should be time for you to talk with her as well."

He sighed and then waited quietly by the Chorister's side, waiting to see if Mr Karyak would answer.

I mean, maybe in the way it communicates with you? Maybe in the way your resonance sends you messages? He asked, but soon the door was knocked. I'll leave this recording, ok? he said and pened the door to find ms Hildegaard and mr Hicks.
Hildegaard give you a polite nod when she see you. "Mr Karyak good evening, I was asked by Mr Rush to help your prisoner clean up, may we come in?" The Chorister asked politely.

He raised an eyebrow at the Dreamspeaker's familiar use of the Chorister's first name and glanced at her. After she had told him to use her surname and they'd been let in, he explained, "Mr Karyak. The Chief has sent me to discuss recent events with you. May we speak in private please?"

// Sounds good, I've put the reply in that thread. Which scene would go next? Seeing Bee or the Mercere?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:33 pm

In Tane's Chambers:

'Thank you. Mr Rush did try to acquire some assistance earlier but...things did not seem to go well, hence our imminent arrival. The Verbena was healing her and didn't see any investment marks but he was not really looking for such problems, busy as he was. It's a good idea to burn the clothing too, just in case, I agree."

"Yes it seams there might have been some misunderstandings between several parties involved in this matter, let us see if we can sort that out Mr Roth Hicks."
Hildegard said then she nodded.
"Cleansing the used clothes with Primal forces and then burning them as soon as possible would be my advice, I generally do not like to let a prisoner keep any material object or keep them in the Chantry unless they are of high sentimental value to the prisoner in question."
She said firmly.

After the meeting with Tane:

You left your new Cabalmate's chambers a few minutes ago to attend to several other errands that needed doing before the question of returning to Chicago could be addressed, which of those errands to attend to first though are up to you.

(OOC: That is up to you whichever one Adley think needs attending to first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:49 pm

"Cleansing the used clothes with Primal forces and then burning them as soon as possible would be my advice, I generally do not like to let a prisoner keep any material object or keep them in the Chantry unless they are of high sentimental value to the prisoner in question."

He nodded to that. "I'm sure a fresh set of clothing will be preferable if she was hurt."

Later:

He headed downstairs towards the node room to see Beatrice, stopping off at the library and skimming for a book on sign language - preferably one with good pictures.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Tane's scene:

"Yes I would assume so, blood drenches clothing both get stiff and uncomfortable and are unsanitary."
Hildegard said.
"A quick shower might be appreciated as well, I know I would have liked that if I had been a prisoner with one of the other factions and had been soiled with blood, and making the change of clothes seam like a kindness allow me to confiscate her old clothes and see what she have on her, without making it feel for her like use of force against her allowing her to keep a bit of dignity, a win for everyone."
The Chorister said as she waited for Tane to open the door.

Later:

You get to the library, there are no one there now, there are actually several books on sign language and the same Chantry member seam to have donated them all since Ryan Darehill's name can be seen written in soft pencil not to damage the book on the inside of the cover to mark ownership on several of them. One book in particular have pretty clear instructions and images.

You get down to the magickal part of the basement and the Node. You see Jon outside of the Node chamber sitting on the floor with his computer keeping an eye on who was coming and going in the corridor, the Virtual Adept gave you a wave as you came down the hallway.
"Are you here to see Beatrice?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next