Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 4 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:01 pm

"Flambeau is a strong, noble House Sodalis." Rodger said and nodded a bit in recognition...

"Thank you," he said to him. He tried to keep his posture as non-aggressive as he could, after all he had no cause to be otherwise other than his spirit's general unease. "Perhaps we will find a moment to speak later on, if you wish once our crises have been resolved." He didn't want to press the man but he didn't want to appear completely standoffish either.

"Ah Adley, I was just bringing some more coffee up to Dr Lee who is watching over Miss Bergen at the moment so Fran can get some more rest, she needs it." He said and it was clear he was concerned about the other death magus. "How are you holding up after that...spirit...attacked us?" He asked in a softer tone of voice and shuddered his eyes getting darker. "Bloody thing..."

He frowned a little. "I'm glad to hear that she's getting some rest. There is something I would like to talk to you about for a few moments, in private, if you don't mind?" Then he nodded. "Yes, they are...well, they are disturbing. I hope you are alright my friend, I haven't had any time to speak with you, everything has kept happening so quickly. I hate to bother you with more troubles but...I do not think there is another that would be appropriate to discuss the matter with than you."

// I assume you meant Adley there xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 4 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:08 am

"I bet that would give some poor Enforcer a headache yes. Time travel while possible are dangerous though, it upsets reality to a great degree, the Paradox from such a feat are often quite unpleasant and most mages who have tried significant backwards time travel have not survived the attempts, at least their sanity have not survived."
Colin chuckled, "Some might argue I don't have much to lose in the first place... though I suspect a stable temporal loop - that is, a jump back to do something that was already done - would be less traumatic than a hop backwards to change something that already happened... In any case, I expect to someday answer for the information I have received, and that's going to be uncomfortable."

"Pattern damage that will soon manifest as wounds or illness in the afflicted area, that means there is indeed a good chance the young lady will die before her legal status becomes an issue, poor girl...how is she doing now?"
"Sleeping like an angel... A very disturbing, handcuffed angel, but nevertheless... I think it might count in her favour that she has provided some valuable intel, though."

"I more believe in a balance between the two, a law completely open to interpretation leaves the door wide open for injustice and judgments bases more on the ego and preferences of the judge than at the law that have been violated, but a to strict view with no room to suit punishments to the circumstances of the individual become to cold and there is then a risk that punishments will be doled out where they are not needed. Let us take an imagined example of a Hermetic who are trying to cross the road and a demon step up in front of her, she tell it to get out of her way and the demon complies, a Traditionalist will then say, this woman have dealt with demons as strictly speaking she have, and a Traditionalist will then not see any difference between telling a demon to get out of the way and it complying and sacrificing babies to make a demonic pact, both are dealing with demons and carry the same punishment. A Transitionalist however will say that the exchange between our imagined Hermetic and a demon in the street was not what was the intention behind the law against diabolism...there have to be a balance between the two."
"And that example is why I disagree with the Traditionalist view, taken to the logical extreme. Though, I would like to hear Master Tolle's opinion on the hypothetical Hermetic."

"She knows? Poor woman, still it makes it more impressive that she is managing to stay calm, I am just a linear mage but I know that if someone where going to try to snuff out my Gift I would be in a complete panic and I suspect a Awakned mage will fear it even more...well she is a tough cookie indeed...if only she had been on our side eh Sir..."
Colin grinned, "She expressed the same regret regarding my choice of allegiance, actually... They are a lot more like us than many would like to admit... for good or ill. It's their flavour of nihilism that makes the bulk of the difference..."

"Ah Matty...what sort of trouble have she gotten herself into? Is she head or captured?"
"Neither, actually. Though I expect she will find herself between a rock and a hard place any moment now - she, ah, managed to misplace something belonging to Prince Lodin, it seems. That, I fear, is going to cause some grievance between Abigail and Lodin, and poor Matty is at the center of it. I believe the poor girl is your apprentice? She seems to have the knack for spirits and the like; that Outsider Thing she sicced on us was remarkably swift, if inadequate."

"My Avatar is...afraid, I feel him less in here with the magick dampening wards on this room, but he is afraid...and and the same time he is elevated, he think you are here to consume him, and he would rather be eaten than to ripped apart in front of a leering crowd."
He frowned, "He fears I would eat it? That's... not the description I expected, but it does seem to corroborate the others. Add to that the implication I would tear apart a Caul, should I be put in one... Hm, it seems my Avatar is most remarkable..."

"So why do my soul think you are going to eat him Mr Wainwright...and are you?"
"I think... your colleague, miss Warden is the one to thank for this. She tried to... well, I'm given to understand she was a little bit too fond of flensing other people's Avatars. Long story short, I expect you're familiar with Friedrich Nietzche's comment about that which does not kill me? It would appear miss Warden unleashed the oncoming storm. And for what it is worth, I'm sorry, but no, I did not come to eat your Avatar. I'm actually not entirely certain as to how I would do so, and frankly, I'm none too eager to consider the potential consequences. The phrase "Eater of the Weak" has crossed my mind, and that's not a particularly reassuring notion for me."
He paused for a moment, "Just to confirm, by the way, you were born a widderslainte, and Matty Carlyle and Gabriel's darling little apprentice both went through the Caul in this life?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:01 am

Adley:

"Thank you," he said to him. He tried to keep his posture as non-aggressive as he could, after all he had no cause to be otherwise other than his spirit's general unease. "Perhaps we will find a moment to speak later on, if you wish once our crises have been resolved." He didn't want to press the man but he didn't want to appear completely standoffish either.

"I would like that Mr Roth Hicks if the opportunity should be found once this current crisis are resolved. Me and my Chantrymates are here to help with the Nephandi situation though, so I would not want to keep you from tasks that needs to be done Sodalis."
Rodger said before he looked nervously down again. Anat just looked at you fearfully as if she expected you to attack her any moment she said nothing.

He frowned a little. "I'm glad to hear that she's getting some rest. There is something I would like to talk to you about for a few moments, in private, if you don't mind?"

"Yes off course my friend, let me just drop this pot off to Dr Lee and we can find one of the sitting rooms I am sure no one will mind if we have a chat in one of them. If the matter is urgent I can drop the pot of later as well."
Adjan said and looked at you a moment before nodding.

Then he nodded. "Yes, they are...well, they are disturbing. I hope you are alright my friend, I haven't had any time to speak with you, everything has kept happening so quickly. I hate to bother you with more troubles but...I do not think there is another that would be appropriate to discuss the matter with than you."

"They are disturbing."
The death magus said and sigh.
"I am fine my friend...or rather I will be. I am Euthanatos there is plenty for that bloody spirit to dredge up but I know that while I grieve for every one I have ever brought the good death to, I did the right thing, and after some time I will remember that but yes such a creature is not one I would fancy meeting again."
He added with a sad smile.
"Oh do not worry about it you are my friend and I am here for you, let us find a proper place for you to tell me what you need."
Adjan said softly and headed upstairs, dropping the pot of or not that would be the direction to find somewhere to talk as well.

Colin:

Colin chuckled, "Some might argue I don't have much to lose in the first place... though I suspect a stable temporal loop - that is, a jump back to do something that was already done - would be less traumatic than a hop backwards to change something that already happened...

"I do not study Time other than the lowest degrees Mr Wainwright so I would not know but yes if there is really a stable time loop that the Consensus partway accept and which is a part of reality then following it even if that means time travel would be less of an offense to reality than just time traveling willy nilly yes. Now as for whatever or not you have something to loose, well it is not for certain these visions of yours are set in stone, you might have a far longer life ahead of you than twenty years Mr Wainwright, so the you at the time where you have the ability to do such time travel, and getting there are likely to take longer than twenty years anyway, are likely to have quite a few things to loose if he performs such magick."

In any case, I expect to someday answer for the information I have received, and that's going to be uncomfortable."

"Yes...perhaps some day the mystery will reveal itself indeed."

"Sleeping like an angel... A very disturbing, handcuffed angel, but nevertheless... I think it might count in her favour that she has provided some valuable intel, though."

"Now that is quite an image you paint Mr Wainwright, as for how much cooperation will get her, well it certainly will not hurt her chances but she is a Nephandus that is what the Tribunal will put the most weight on, she is Fallen."

"And that example is why I disagree with the Traditionalist view, taken to the logical extreme. Though, I would like to hear Master Tolle's opinion on the hypothetical Hermetic."

"I think I might imagine what his reply would be, but perhaps you will have a chance to meet Master Tolle again under better circumstances than last time and ask him one day."

Colin grinned, "She expressed the same regret regarding my choice of allegiance, actually... They are a lot more like us than many would like to admit... for good or ill. It's their flavour of nihilism that makes the bulk of the difference..."

"They are people like we are I know that Mr Wainwright."
Patricia said rather bitterly.
"But their desire to destroy the world...had it only been their own oblivion they sought I would have to problem with it, to each their own but they want to actually end the world and that is...well yes disturbing, also cruelty run rampant in their ranks, many of them are monsters or have allowed themselves to be so."

"Neither, actually. Though I expect she will find herself between a rock and a hard place any moment now - she, ah, managed to misplace something belonging to Prince Lodin, it seems.

"Good I hate loosing apprentices, I am sure you can understand that Mr Wainwright...though that girl was always a bit on the broken side, poor kid her life have not been easy. I see you got the vampire back then, this do not please me but I guess that is the nature of war, you win some, and you loose some."
Jodelle said and frowned.

That, I fear, is going to cause some grievance between Abigail and Lodin, and poor Matty is at the center of it. I believe the poor girl is your apprentice? She seems to have the knack for spirits and the like; that Outsider Thing she sicced on us was remarkably swift, if inadequate."

"That is unfortunate, I doubt Abigail will seriously hurt her we are not Marvel villain you know killing our own people because some plan was foiled but my leader will not be to pleased...but she might show her displeasure. Yes Matty is my apprentice and she is a quick, talented spellcaster yes but I can not take credit for that, I did not Awaken her and her first Mentor laid the ground work."
Jodelle said then she sigh.
"She should not be messing with the Outsiders though, not even the little insects among them that she are able to summon, there is always a chance that when you reach in though a window to grab a fly that the home owner would notice and that would not be good, no that would not be good at all."
The Nephandus said and frowned again.
"Fool girl."

He frowned, "He fears I would eat it? That's... not the description I expected, but it does seem to corroborate the others. Add to that the implication I would tear apart a Caul, should I be put in one... Hm, it seems my Avatar is most remarkable..."

"He fears it, and he hopes for it...he would prefer a noble end rather than to be senselessly executed."
Jodelle said then she had to take a moment to regain her composure afterwards.
"Tear apart a Caul you say? I would not know about that, and it would be to bad if it where true, it would dash my hopes you would one day join us Mr Wainwright."
The Nephandus said with a wry smile.

"I think... your colleague, miss Warden is the one to thank for this. She tried to... well, I'm given to understand she was a little bit too fond of flensing other people's Avatars. Long story short, I expect you're familiar with Friedrich Nietzche's comment about that which does not kill me? It would appear miss Warden unleashed the oncoming storm.

"Ah Miss Warden you speak of her in the past tens I assume she is no more then, yes she was always a woman that where to grabby to say it like that. I am sorry she tried to harm you in such a way Mr Wainwright...that ritual makes me uneasy...especially now."
She added bitterly.
"So Miss Warden tried to Gilgul you and something went wrong and now your soul have gained some new abilities...interesting...most interesting, disturbing for my side but still yes well interesting."
She muttered and did not even flinch as she used that word.

And for what it is worth, I'm sorry, but no, I did not come to eat your Avatar. I'm actually not entirely certain as to how I would do so, and frankly, I'm none too eager to consider the potential consequences. The phrase "Eater of the Weak" has crossed my mind, and that's not a particularly reassuring notion for me."

"I see, I guess him and me are going to have to put on a good show before the crowds of Horizon then."
Jodelle muttered with fear and bitterness in her voice but also a good deal of defiance.
"I would not know how could could do it Mr Wainwright or even if you can, my soul seam to think that you can, and as for the Eaters of the Weak...the phrase might not give you much reassurance but it do for me, it gives me meaning."

He paused for a moment, "Just to confirm, by the way, you were born a widderslainte, and Matty Carlyle and Gabriel's darling little apprentice both went through the Caul in this life?"

"Yes I was born a widderslainte yes, though I was not a Nephandus at the start I joined later, but both Matty and Gabriel's, well her name is in the Nephandi language but would translate as Strangler of Fetuses, some of my faction like to be overly dramatic with their names...but yes both of the girls are barrabi, those who have gone through the Caul in this life yes."
Jodelle confirmed.
"Why where you wondering Mr Wainwright, also since you know Gabriel the insufferable bastard, have an apprentice I assume one or both of them are caught then...that is unfortunate."

(OOC: I assume so yes, can you point out to me where I used the wrong name so I can edit it and fix it?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:20 am

"Yes off course my friend, let me just drop this pot off to Dr Lee and we can find one of the sitting rooms I am sure no one will mind if we have a chat in one of them. If the matter is urgent I can drop the pot of later as well."

"Certainly, I think you can drop it off on the way. It's somewhat urgent, just as time is precious and I don't know when I'll have a chance to speak of it until...later," he said, walking alongside him. "However, there's other matters that need seeing to, as well so I can't stay too long."

"I am fine my friend...or rather I will be. I am Euthanatos there is plenty for that bloody spirit to dredge up but I know that while I grieve for every one I have ever brought the good death to, I did the right thing, and after some time I will remember that but yes such a creature is not one I would fancy meeting again."

He nodded at that, leaving it be for the moment.

"Oh do not worry about it you are my friend and I am here for you, let us find a proper place for you to tell me what you need."
Adjan said softly and headed upstairs, dropping the pot of or not that would be the direction to find somewhere to talk as well.

He smiled a little at that. "Thank you, that means quite a bit to me, actually." He headed upstairs, looking for somewhere to talk.

// Re: (OOC: I assume so yes, can you point out to me where I used the wrong name so I can edit it and fix it?)

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Today at 2:50 pm
Daisy nodded.
"It is no bother Mr Wainwright."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:48 am

"Certainly, I think you can drop it off on the way. It's somewhat urgent, just as time is precious and I don't know when I'll have a chance to speak of it until...later," he said, walking alongside him. "However, there's other matters that need seeing to, as well so I can't stay too long."

"I will just drop it of then."
Adjan said he gave you a bit of a tired smile.
"Yes things have been hectic and are probably not going to slow down tomorrow. I will be glad when this crisis is over."
He muttered.

He smiled a little at that. "Thank you, that means quite a bit to me, actually." He headed upstairs, looking for somewhere to talk.

Adjan just gave you a warm smile to that.
"Always...well then I will just drop the pot of to Dr Lee and you find a sitting room ok?"
He asked before he ducked into the room your group had been given for a moment, coming back after a few seconds. and closing the door.
"Both Liv and Fran are sleeping well and are safe."
He said as he thought you would want to know.

There where no one awake up here at the moment it seamed and other than you and the blond Euthanatos there where no one else around, so pretty much any of the sitting rooms should be free you think.

(OOC: Thank you and it is fixed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:06 am

"I do not study Time other than the lowest degrees Mr Wainwright so I would not know but yes if there is really a stable time loop that the Consensus partway accept and which is a part of reality then following it even if that means time travel would be less of an offense to reality than just time traveling willy nilly yes. Now as for whatever or not you have something to loose, well it is not for certain these visions of yours are set in stone, you might have a far longer life ahead of you than twenty years Mr Wainwright, so the you at the time where you have the ability to do such time travel, and getting there are likely to take longer than twenty years anyway, are likely to have quite a few things to loose if he performs such magick."
Colin smiled, "Well, I do have an idea for escaping at the end... it will require a little better understanding of a few Spheres, but I think I might be able to pull it off just when the shields fall... But that's for another time and place."

"But their desire to destroy the world...had it only been their own oblivion they sought I would have to problem with it, to each their own but they want to actually end the world and that is...well yes disturbing, also cruelty run rampant in their ranks, many of them are monsters or have allowed themselves to be so."
"They believe the world is fundamentally broken and needs to be unmade... With that belief, every act of cruelty and destruction becomes a means to an end. And it gives us more work to mend what is broken..."

"Good I hate loosing apprentices, I am sure you can understand that Mr Wainwright...though that girl was always a bit on the broken side, poor kid her life have not been easy. I see you got the vampire back then, this do not please me but I guess that is the nature of war, you win some, and you loose some."
"Quite, being forced to see her Mentor... executed over that travesty with the Avatar Eaters on the island... she should have been spared that, at least, poor child."

"She should not be messing with the Outsiders though, not even the little insects among them that she are able to summon, there is always a chance that when you reach in though a window to grab a fly that the home owner would notice and that would not be good, no that would not be good at all."
"Ah, that would be why her room is marked as a 'do not go' zone, then? Too fond of picking... flies? I didn't notice any investment marks on her when I saw her, but twenty feet of concrete and a ward does make details tricky to make out."

"He fears it, and he hopes for it...he would prefer a noble end rather than to be senselessly executed."
He smiled sadly, "A gruesome end though it is, you can still face it with dignity. You are a warrior, after all; I very much doubt you are going to cower at the end."

"Tear apart a Caul you say? I would not know about that, and it would be to bad if it where true, it would dash my hopes you would one day join us Mr Wainwright."
"I'd rather not put it to the test, myself. I'm sure you can guess at why."

"Ah Miss Warden you speak of her in the past tens I assume she is no more then, yes she was always a woman that where to grabby to say it like that. I am sorry she tried to harm you in such a way Mr Wainwright...that ritual makes me uneasy...especially now."
"Quite so. It seems my little group has exacted a high death toll on your Labyrinth this day... Adding the loss of your widderslaintes to Larson, things do not look promising for you."

"So Miss Warden tried to Gilgul you and something went wrong and now your soul have gained some new abilities...interesting...most interesting, disturbing for my side but still yes well interesting."
"That's essentially it, yes. Or if not abilities, then at least some new properties. Or it has just been forced to reveal ones it had kapt hidden in its shell. It is difficult to say, really."

"I would not know how could could do it Mr Wainwright or even if you can, my soul seam to think that you can, and as for the Eaters of the Weak...the phrase might not give you much reassurance but it do for me, it gives me meaning."
"I know what the phrase means... and it does give me some unease. Still, concerns for another day, I expect."

"Why where you wondering Mr Wainwright, also since you know Gabriel the insufferable bastard, have an apprentice I assume one or both of them are caught then...that is unfortunate."
He nodded grimly, "Gabriel is dead by my hand... He died quickly while fighting. The poor girl... I had to shoot her, too. Nasty piece of business... An excellent counterspeller, very unfortunate situation..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:37 am

Colin smiled, "Well, I do have an idea for escaping at the end... it will require a little better understanding of a few Spheres, but I think I might be able to pull it off just when the shields fall... But that's for another time and place."

"I hope you will be successful at escaping Mr Wainwright if you end up on that Battle Cruiser in twenty years, but yes it is not the time to discuss it now, we have to make sure there will be an actual twenty years into the future first."

"They believe the world is fundamentally broken and needs to be unmade... With that belief, every act of cruelty and destruction becomes a means to an end. And it gives us more work to mend what is broken..."

"Yes, they tend to contribute heavily to what is wrong in the world inst instead of trying to fix it and that do indeed create more trouble for the rest of us."
Cita muttered in a grumble.

"Quite, being forced to see her Mentor... executed over that travesty with the Avatar Eaters on the island... she should have been spared that, at least, poor child."

"It is not something a child should have to see no."
Jodelle muttered and shivered a little, that Matty had been driven half mad by seeing something that would be done to her was not lost on the captured Nephandus.
"She have not dealt with what she saw well. Also yes those Avatar eaters, nasty creatures, why have not your side wiped them out?"
Jodelle asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Ah, that would be why her room is marked as a 'do not go' zone, then? Too fond of picking... flies? I didn't notice any investment marks on her when I saw her, but twenty feet of concrete and a ward does make details tricky to make out."

"Indeed she is to fond of picking flies and that Avatar of hers...let us just say she have investment marks though she might have them where they are not that easy to see. In any case my apprentice have her good sides and are talented but she is damaged goods...why are you so concerned with my apprentice though Mr Wainwright?"

He smiled sadly, "A gruesome end though it is, you can still face it with dignity. You are a warrior, after all; I very much doubt you are going to cower at the end."

Jodelle had a scared but firm look in her eyes and she nodded.
"No I will not cower and beg for my life, I will not give them the satisfaction and I do not want any pity. Yes you are right Mr Wainwright I am a warrior and I will die as one, my Avatar and me both will..."
She said firmly then she gave you a slight smile.
"Thank you."
She muttered.

"I'd rather not put it to the test, myself. I'm sure you can guess at why."

"Yes well, I am not so eager to risk our Caul either."
Jodelle said with a bit of a wry grin.

"Quite so. It seems my little group has exacted a high death toll on your Labyrinth this day... Adding the loss of your widderslaintes to Larson, things do not look promising for you."

"No it do not look good, Larson have played this one wrong, we do not have the numbers to be effective in an open conflict and work better from the shadows, damned Larson...but I doubt we are out yet and you can be damned sure those who are left are not going to just lay down an play dead, we still have a chance to pull this off and then perhaps there will not be a world by the time they get around to ripping my soul asunder."
Jodelle said confidently.
"You and your group have proven to be quite a problem though Mr Wainwright, you are quite a warrior yourself."

"That's essentially it, yes. Or if not abilities, then at least some new properties. Or it has just been forced to reveal ones it had kapt hidden in its shell. It is difficult to say, really."

"Well it seams you have a mystery on your hands then Mr Wainwright, I wish you the best in figuring it out."
Jodelle said earnestly.

"I know what the phrase means... and it does give me some unease. Still, concerns for another day, I expect."

The bound Nephandus gave a delighted laugh.
"Perhaps you will end up having more in common with us than you would like to admit then Mr Wainwright."
She said sounding quite amused.

He nodded grimly, "Gabriel is dead by my hand... He died quickly while fighting. The poor girl... I had to shoot her, too. Nasty piece of business... An excellent counterspeller, very unfortunate situation..."

"Good riddance the man was a menace, a good fighter but stupid and needlessly brutal which just created trouble. The way you say it though it sounds like you have Strangler of Fetuses in captivity, you shot her but did not kill her...poor girl one thing is me I am an adult and I went to the Nephandi fully knowing what I did, she was kidnapped as a child, even by your side's standards she should not deserve to be Gilgulled."
The prisoner said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:59 pm

As he tries to headbut me, i put my head against his chest and then rise it, not only preventing him from attacking me with a headbutt but alzó headbutting him on the jaw so that he would bite his own tongue or clenched his teeth together so that he would become dazzled
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:07 pm

The Nephandus grunted in pain as you hit your head against his jaw and you hear his teeth clack together and he do indeed seam to be dazed for a moment though he shake his head trying to gather his wits to defend himself against you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:27 pm

As he is dazzled tane came back to ríp his neck so that he has no more air. At the same time tane kept the stabbing, now trying ti go as deep into his chest as posible.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:44 pm

You fell the sword stabbing deeper into the Nephandus' body, it was not a sword that worked that well for stabbing since it was designed for cutting but you do manage to get the sword into his chest cavity while you gnaw at his throat something that would have gone so much better if you had been Coawa however since you are not it is a pretty slow and bloody process. The Nephandus groan but the stab wound is weakening him and his hands fall down at his sides, then finally he is still, the sword having cut up something important inside him and slowly he stopped breathing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:55 pm

I rose, bloodied but victorious and swallow the meat and blood, talking the sword out. Tell me we can save this one. he told the others as he looked at them I'm sure this is the one that knows more
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Darrian looked down at the Nephandus.
"I am not sure, his injuries are severe, our best healer is Antonio I work mostly with inanimate substances, and like I said with the one that went down in the hallway back there we have to prioritize getting the hostages out but since according to your magick and what Miss Alessa said there are no one else in the building we might have time to try to save him but not much as he might have called for help, go and see if you can find the hostages and I will call Antonio and get him down here though if he leaves the woman he was trying to save and she have been healed there is a chance she will manage to run if he leaves her."
Darrian said and picked his phone out of his pocket.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:26 pm

I'll take the hostages back to the cars. Some one please tell Alessa and Strawberry to come and help me get the bodies and anything else useful to the cars. Good job, everyone. Tane said, since none of them have been really wounded, they got all the people they needed and took out a nephandus cell.
Tane rested and took a minute to breathe and feel the mana around him, and he got into the new área, sword in hand to get the hostages.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:00 pm

"Very well but be careful. As for the shapechangers I do not have their number, are they not waiting for us by the cars or keeping lookout?"
Darrian asked as he sent a text message to Antonio presumably.
"We also do not know what defenses are around the hostages do not get yourself or anyone else killed Mr Karyak."
The Alchemist said as he bent down over the Nephandus on the floor frowning.

You get into a large open storage area, it was fairly empty now but would once have housed hundreds if not thousands of crates, you feel the disgusting essence of Nephandic magick, mostly from a door on one end of the large chamber, you feel magick around it but nothing from beyond so it might be warded and might be the inaccessible place that Alessa had warned you about, the most likely place for where the prisoners where kept.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:15 pm

First Tane tried to locate all the magick on the place and dispell it, with a moment of concentration, resonating songs and calm, using up all the time he needed. There's still magick here... Maybe there's some one hidden, be careful

Arete 81 5

That's more thanks enough time
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:22 pm

You begin to sing the songs of this place, this old building that had been a place of work for many through the years it had existed, the resonance you hear from the wards you are trying to dispel though are disgusting, it is as if the ward warp reality or destroy it by it's mere presence, little by little your song do seam to have an effect though and the Nephandic spell weakens, and then after you had been working on it for a good five minutes you finally feel the foul sorcery give way and the resonance of the storehouse again sing pure and sweet.

You think you have managed to get the ward down and now you hear a voice from behind that door, a tired, perhaps elderly man's voice.
"Hello...is anyone out there."
He asked carefully...fearfully that it would just be another of the Nephandi who where outside the door, and yet he could not completely give up on the hope of rescue.
"We are in here...please help us..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:47 pm

"Always...well then I will just drop the pot of to Dr Lee and you find a sitting room ok?"

He smiled back at him, and gave a nod. "Alright, I'll do that." He was glad that someone was watching them though and if coffee helped, well he wasn't going to complain. Meanwhile, he looked for a room that he could try to secure for them so they wouldn't easily be overheard and wouldn't be too far from the others, something with a fireplace preferably - if it had one he will start up another small fire while waiting for Adjan.

"Both Liv and Fran are sleeping well and are safe."
"Good," he said, ducking his head out of one of the rooms. He looked glad to know that. "I think this room will work," he said.

// no prob

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm a dreamspeacker, i'll open. Get ready, there's no more nephandus out here. he said and opened the door, sword in hand because he thought maybe there was a nephandi inside.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:30 pm

Adley:

He smiled back at him, and gave a nod. "Alright, I'll do that." He was glad that someone was watching them though and if coffee helped, well he wasn't going to complain. Meanwhile, he looked for a room that he could try to secure for them so they wouldn't easily be overheard and wouldn't be too far from the others, something with a fireplace preferably - if it had one he will start up another small fire while waiting for Adjan.

You can always use the same room that you and Cara used a little while ago, that one have a fireplace and there is no one else there and it is close to the sitting room the delegation from Steelhaven had been given for their stay at Morningstar. You can also find another room if you prefer.

You get to the sitting room and start a small fire in the fireplace.

"Good," he said, ducking his head out of one of the rooms. He looked glad to know that. "I think this room will work," he said.

Adjan gave you a smile then headed into the room you had selected.
"This looks like it should do yes."
He said then he noticed the fire and gave another smile.
"Another set of notes needs to be burned?"
The Euthanatos asked before set settled down into one of the well used chairs.

Tane:

"Oh thank the heavens..."
You hear the tired elderly man exclaim when you said you where a Dreamspeaker and that there where no Nephandi around. You open the door inside was a dimly lit room, there where a bare light bulb in the roof but that was it. You saw one man sitting leaned against the wall, he looked to be in his 40's or 50's he was fairly handsome with blond hair and pale skin, his hands where bound behind his back and he was rather bruised but did not look seriously injured. There was a young woman there as well, her nationality was a little hard to determine, somewhere in Southern Europe perhaps, or Southern America, her skin was a light brown color and her hair was light brown, slightly curly and was held in two ponytails and really needed a brush, the girl to was tied up and she looked to be in far worse condition than the man beside her, her clothes was thorn and there was strong indications that the Nephandi guards or their Black Spiral Dancer ally had their fun with her, she also had deep purple bruises in her face and bore the marks of torture. The man you had been speaking with was a tall grunt man in his 60's, he had gray eyes, a large nose and a week or so of beard growth. This man to had bruises and cuts and looked to have been tortured and he looked to be in pain and just very very tired, his hands as well was bound and he gave you a fearful look as you came into the makeshift cell.
"P...please help us...I am Jack Middelburg bani Sons of Ether, this man here is Averius Bruticus Temaris Hermes bani Guernicus and the girl call herself Maya, she is a Marauder I think, either that or in a deep Quiet but please do not harm her she is not dangerous."
The Etherite muttered.
"Please get us out of here if you really are with the Traditions..."
He pleaded desperately.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:49 pm

"I hope you will be successful at escaping Mr Wainwright if you end up on that Battle Cruiser in twenty years, but yes it is not the time to discuss it now, we have to make sure there will be an actual twenty years into the future first."
Colin nodded, "True. One world-shattering crisis at a time."

"Yes, they tend to contribute heavily to what is wrong in the world inst instead of trying to fix it and that do indeed create more trouble for the rest of us."
He smiled, "Spot on, miss Tavo... and the frustrating part about it is that they believe themselves to be in the right... They desire a nonexistence with no pain or suffering for everyone... in essence to turn back Reality to before there was consciousness, before there was life and discomfort. A noble goal, if not for the fact that they dismiss how everyone else do not want that... Therefore, we fight..."

"She have not dealt with what she saw well. Also yes those Avatar eaters, nasty creatures, why have not your side wiped them out?"
He frowned, "That is an excellent question... One I cannot answer; I didn't even know something like that existed until this week. I suspect some bureaucratic fuckery, though; that seems to be the most common explanation why something hasn't been done yet in any society..."

"Indeed she is to fond of picking flies and that Avatar of hers...let us just say she have investment marks though she might have them where they are not that easy to see. In any case my apprentice have her good sides and are talented but she is damaged goods...why are you so concerned with my apprentice though Mr Wainwright?"
He lowered his voice a little, "I would think that was obvious - I expect to run into her again, and want to know how to minimize damage. For both sides. I... can't guarantee she won't be captured alive, but I can't guarantee I'll manage to get her suicide pill away in time, either. I'm afraid that's the only mercy I can offer, if her death won't cause us to have to deal with a disembodied, raging, insane Avatar."

"Thank you."
He smiled, "We are both old warriors; you carry yourself with a measure of dignity, even as a POW. That... earns a measure of respect, even if our convictions and morals are such polar opposites. Under other circumstances, we might have gone into battle together, and I think perhaps we both lost something there."

"No it do not look good, Larson have played this one wrong, we do not have the numbers to be effective in an open conflict and work better from the shadows, damned Larson...but I doubt we are out yet and you can be damned sure those who are left are not going to just lay down an play dead, we still have a chance to pull this off and then perhaps there will not be a world by the time they get around to ripping my soul asunder."
"Indeed, although in fairness, it was not Larson who initially screwed the pooch. That particular... distinction goes to her husband Ojan, who decided to mess up our spare Node and die there after getting mortally wounded by a Technocrat. I... was the one to offer him the last relief, as it happens; saved him perhaps a few hours of suffering. But his death forced Larson's hand, and we were able to counter her rushed maneuvers. Sure, you still have a chance... but now the momentum is in our favour."

"You and your group have proven to be quite a problem though Mr Wainwright, you are quite a warrior yourself."
He smiled, "I will convey your compliments to my Cabalmates and companions; I couldn't have done it without them, obviously."

"Well it seams you have a mystery on your hands then Mr Wainwright, I wish you the best in figuring it out."
"Thank you. With luck... it might someday help change the gilgul practice; who knows?"

"Perhaps you will end up having more in common with us than you would like to admit then Mr Wainwright."
He grinned, "Oh, I think we are pretty similar, by and large... Our differences begin with your nihilism; if the Nephandi would consider mending what is broken and trying to make the world a better place to live in, rather than to scrap it all for its flaws and grievances, well... you would be us. People with good and bad sides, just trying to get by in a crazy world."

"Good riddance the man was a menace, a good fighter but stupid and needlessly brutal which just created trouble. The way you say it though it sounds like you have Strangler of Fetuses in captivity, you shot her but did not kill her...poor girl one thing is me I am an adult and I went to the Nephandi fully knowing what I did, she was kidnapped as a child, even by your side's standards she should not deserve to be Gilgulled."
"Keen observation. She is dying, though. But we could not risk her falling into the Union's hands, or back to Abigail's care, so we had to secure her... her Etherite companion messed up the healing, though; she lives for now, but odds are her vital organs will fail. If she survives, though... well, here's the bizarre thing; if there are enough Fallen being sentenced at once, her age and frailty may spare her by virtue of public outcry. It may seem counterintuitive, but if you wish for her to be saved... you might want to pray we send numerous Fallen prisoners to Horizon... I'd say she's Gabriel's one saving grace - he has sheltered her to an unexpected extent, it seems. She is a lot more like a normal 12-year-old girl than one would expect..."

He pondered, "It's a strange situation, to tell a Nephandus I would sacrifice the many to save the one..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Since the embers were still likely to be warm in the room he'd just been in, he'll use that one.

Adjan gave you a smile then headed into the room you had selected. "This looks like it should do yes." He said then he noticed the fire and gave another smile. "Another set of notes needs to be burned?" The Euthanatos asked before set settled down into one of the well used chairs

"Well, that and it brings me some comfort which I admit I could use right now." He moved a chair over next to him and brought out his notebook and wrote a short message, handing it over to Adjan. 'Assuming that the outsider thing has not affected us all, I may be in need of your professional assistance at some point. Though I believe I should be the one to assume the main duty I will need help. It is likely to upset my soul and me by extension and there will be things that will need to be taken care of. Regarding the person in question, I do not wish to name out of respect and concern for security but I believe you understand it was their desire that leads me to voice it now.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True. One world-shattering crisis at a time."

"Agreed Mr Wainwright one crisis at the time."
Cita agreed.

He smiled, "Spot on, miss Tavo... and the frustrating part about it is that they believe themselves to be in the right... They desire a nonexistence with no pain or suffering for everyone... in essence to turn back Reality to before there was consciousness, before there was life and discomfort. A noble goal, if not for the fact that they dismiss how everyone else do not want that... Therefore, we fight..."

"Yes indeed and nothing is more dangerous than a fanatic that they they are in the right and think the groal justify the means. Now like I said if someone want such a Entropic Asencion...or Decision if you like for themselves then I say to each their own, but it is wrong to force it on others and yes that is why we fight and we will win."
Patricia said firmly.

He frowned, "That is an excellent question... One I cannot answer; I didn't even know something like that existed until this week. I suspect some bureaucratic fuckery, though; that seems to be the most common explanation why something hasn't been done yet in any society..."

"Well that makes sense, you may be right about that Mr Wainwright, bureaucrats have always been a blight on any society, they make good tools for us though, they are easy to use to cause decay and stagnation."
Jodelle said and shrugged.

He lowered his voice a little, "I would think that was obvious - I expect to run into her again, and want to know how to minimize damage. For both sides. I... can't guarantee she won't be captured alive, but I can't guarantee I'll manage to get her suicide pill away in time, either. I'm afraid that's the only mercy I can offer, if her death won't cause us to have to deal with a disembodied, raging, insane Avatar."

"I see, well obviously I do not hope the girl is not captured or killed, but if she ends up on the loosing side I hope she will not suffer the fate awaiting me..."
The Nephandus said and looked at you for a moment then she sigh.
"I honestly do not know what would happen with her soul should Matty die, I hope that if someone kills her or she managed to take her suicide pill after being defeated it is someone else who have been her opponent and not you who I hope will make it out of this conflict alive."
She muttered.

He smiled, "We are both old warriors; you carry yourself with a measure of dignity, even as a POW. That... earns a measure of respect, even if our convictions and morals are such polar opposites. Under other circumstances, we might have gone into battle together, and I think perhaps we both lost something there."

"I would have liked that Mr Wainwright, a honest fight with you would have been a glorious way to die if I lost and a good victory if I won, it is a shame that will not come to pass."
The Nephandus said and inclined her head towards you.

"Indeed, although in fairness, it was not Larson who initially screwed the pooch. That particular... distinction goes to her husband Ojan, who decided to mess up our spare Node and die there after getting mortally wounded by a Technocrat. I... was the one to offer him the last relief, as it happens; saved him perhaps a few hours of suffering. But his death forced Larson's hand, and we were able to counter her rushed maneuvers. Sure, you still have a chance... but now the momentum is in our favour."

"I see so Ojan is dead then? That is a shame, he was a devout follower of our ideals, it is also unfortunate that Larson's hand was forced, we should have continued to operate in the shadows until our plans where ready to be put into action. I still hold hope though Mr Wainwright that we will win this, do not count your chickens just yet my good man, we are not done."
Jodelle said proudly.

He smiled, "I will convey your compliments to my Cabalmates and companions; I couldn't have done it without them, obviously."

"Hum...you do that, we are not on the same side and I wish you where not this effective...but you are and that deserve some recognition, if our roles had been reversed I would take great pleasure in killing you and your Cabalmates and Companions knowing it was men and women of value I ended."

"Thank you. With luck... it might someday help change the gilgul practice; who knows?"

"I hope you succeed I would like to hope fewer of my fellow Eaters of the Weak will suffer that fate in the future."
Jodelle said and shuddered slightly.

He grinned, "Oh, I think we are pretty similar, by and large... Our differences begin with your nihilism; if the Nephandi would consider mending what is broken and trying to make the world a better place to live in, rather than to scrap it all for its flaws and grievances, well... you would be us. People with good and bad sides, just trying to get by in a crazy world."

The Nephandus chuckled slightly.
"Ah you assume it is due to the evils of the world we want to return to non existence Mr Wainwright? Yes sure for some that is the reason they come to us and begin to walk our path but for others we simply believe a state of complete non existence, the only way to be one with all possibility to be the most beautiful goal one can have. I do not wish to fix the world, even if it was perfect I would want it to end, existence is not natural, nothing should exist, the true state of the world is nothingness."
She said with conviction in her hard eyes.

"Keen observation. She is dying, though. But we could not risk her falling into the Union's hands, or back to Abigail's care, so we had to secure her... her Etherite companion messed up the healing, though; she lives for now, but odds are her vital organs will fail. If she survives, though... well, here's the bizarre thing; if there are enough Fallen being sentenced at once, her age and frailty may spare her by virtue of public outcry.

"I see...ah yes I do think I know who the Etherite you speak of is, he is not a great healer to say the least...hum I hope she dies then so she do not get...well you know..."
Jodelle said and raised an eyebrow.
"You might be spared? But she is a Nephandus, how can your faction let her be? Are you saying she will be welcomed among your ranks?"

It may seem counterintuitive, but if you wish for her to be saved... you might want to pray we send numerous Fallen prisoners to Horizon... I'd say she's Gabriel's one saving grace - he has sheltered her to an unexpected extent, it seems. She is a lot more like a normal 12-year-old girl than one would expect..."

"I hope that Stranger of Fetuses' Avatar is spared but I can not pray for more of my kind to be captured that would lower our chances, but if it do happen and many are taken prisoner and that lead to the girl being spared then at least some good came of it...but tell me why would your Traditions spare here even if there are many others sentenced to that rite? Will your Masters of Spirit get to tired? For I for once certainly intend to give them a fight even if it is a hopeless one."
Jodelle looked at you puzzled then she added.
"Now when that is said yes Gabriel cared for that girl and he did keep her safe and in many ways she is a normal twelve year old child. It was strange to see him care for someone though, especially one who he had kidnapped and then tortured to death her mother...but I guess something about the kid reached him in some ways."

He pondered, "It's a strange situation, to tell a Nephandus I would sacrifice the many to save the one..."

"Like I said you would make a good Nephandus Mr Wainwright, a very good one."

Adley:

Since the embers were still likely to be warm in the room he'd just been in, he'll use that one.

The embers are warm so it is easy to light the fire back up again.

"Well, that and it brings me some comfort which I admit I could use right now."

Adjan nodded at that a dark sadness in his eyes.
"Yes I imagine we all could do with some of that right now."
He said softly after a while.

He moved a chair over next to him and brought out his notebook and wrote a short message, handing it over to Adjan. 'Assuming that the outsider thing has not affected us all, I may be in need of your professional assistance at some point. Though I believe I should be the one to assume the main duty I will need help. It is likely to upset my soul and me by extension and there will be things that will need to be taken care of. Regarding the person in question, I do not wish to name out of respect and concern for security but I believe you understand it was their desire that leads me to voice it now.'

Adjan took the note and read it he gave a nod and fished a pen out of his pocked and wrote.
"I understand, getting such a request is always hard, perhaps even harder than when it have to be done against the person's will. I will help if I can. Are you sure though my friend you want to be the one that take the main responsibility for this, such an action never leave you and it is different than taking a life when it is you or them in the fight...it is...just different, even if it was requested."
The Euthanatos looked up from the note he was writing and looked at you for a moment then he added.
"What can I do to help? And also are you sure this is their will and not a result of the Outsider's influence?"
The death magus handed you the notebook back with his own neatly scribbled reply to your message.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:28 pm

He took the note and read it. Then he added, 'I agree we should make sure it is not recent events that trigger this request. Maybe you can help there. But if it persists then yes, it is part of the request. And I will need help coping with that, I think as well as going through with it. Afterward. I'm not sure the best timing on this given other troubles either but I wanted to discuss it briefly now while I could.' He handed the notebook back to him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:46 pm

Adjan took the notebook and read your note and again he looked at you for a moment before he wrote.
"It the wish of this person remains, one thing you can do to cope with it is knowing you did the best you could for them. As for going through with it well that is...the hard part I was the one to give the Good Death to my Mentor, he had become lost to Jhor, but as I prepared to go and do the deed I did not know how I would manage to pull the trigger...I still do not know how I did years later. It is not an easy task this you are contemplating, and I can not help you make it easier, but I can be here to support you before you do it, and after it is done. As for timing I would normally recommend waiting for a few days at least, you need to be focused for the fight ahead and it also allow this person you speak of time to consider if this is what they really want."
Adjan handed you the notebook back but he looked thoughtful and sad, he hesitated then he briefly put his hand on your arm in a show of support.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next