Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 11 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 pm

"Yes we will," he agreed.

Nancy nodded at that and giggled again.

"Sometimes you need both to get what you need to do accomplished."

"Very true Sodalis, sometimes one need both the subtle and the more...direct approaches to get things done."
James said and smiled.

(OOC: I am sorry if I explained things poorly. Yes the Mentor, Mel is dead in bed, well her ashes in in the bed and over the floor, she is very dead, there is a wounded pawn on the floor who have been shot in the spine and he is screaming his lungs out, Edmund is standing next to his Mentor's bed, he have dropped the medicine on the floor and is talking to Colin, he seam rather shell shocked and angry but he have not made an aggressive move yet. The forth person is sitting on the bed next to the one the ash that once was Mel are in, he is just sitting there with his hands over his ears looking terrified and lost.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 11 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Noted, and will do. Great work, that was awesome. he said patting rising and hugging her. YOu're awesome! He waited taking the time for them to recover from the strong impression of a delicate work well done. Ok then, go to sleep,

Cita patted your back.
"Well thank you...it was close but we managed to save that soul..."
She said and smiled a bit at the praise.
"I will go to bed. I will sit with Tobias until you have spoken with Master Nassa though I do not want to leave him alone."

i'll go down, talk to Master Nassa, bring Tobias and his bed down and go off tot he library to seek some books about laws and jurisprudence.

"Very well, do you need any help getting the boy down to the basement? Ah and if you could check on security around...his friend, I would not want the boy to seek him out when they are on the same floor, not that I think Tobias will be up and walking so soon but just in case."
The Spirit Healer asked as she a bit unsteady got up and walked to the kitchenette to get a glass of water.
"Shit...I have been close to loosing patients before but...damn that tiny little Avatar is a fighter."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 am

Unfortunately, the man on the floor hadn't died outright and was now making a hell of a lot of noise, due to being shot. He needed to be quieted before he alerted the doctor there was a problem that couldn't be pinned to the now-dead-as-ash mage. Yet Edmund seemed keen on having him helped; killing him now would put him in worse position to talk to them willingly; his amicus had at least gotten him to speak to him. The man on the bed needed to be subdued or immobilized before he got his wits about him, too. Adley reached out with one hand and focused on the screaming man's voice, forming the right gestures for control of forces to silence (preferably him and only him) as he spoke. Assuming Edmund made no hostile moves, he turned his attention on the other man on the bed. He tried to put a forces press on him as he'd seen Fisher do but with his own methods, not hard enough to kill him but to keep him still and quiet for the time being.

// You're fine Anja, I get lost easy in combats, esp if there's a few posts that go by. Rather ask if I'm not sure, sorry if it slows up the game a little. Also whups, thought I hit enter but nope - I might be out for a bit but will try to post again before I hit the bed.

Anyway, here are the rolls for both Forces rotes, assuming he got to make both of them: 8, 9, 9 & 2,0,8, the first one he's trying to specifically target the screaming man's voice rather than an area of effect like before. If that's do-able, whatever difficulty or #sux you think is reasonable.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:44 am

You cast two quick spells, one on the screaming pawn on the floor, you can feel reality responding to your will this time and your words change reality, the unfortunate pawn are still screaming, but no sound escape his mouth, he do not seam to notice this himself, being to busy being in pain from the bullet in his spine to notice, Edmund though turned his head nervously in that direction, fearful you had harmed his friend but when he saw that he was as before but merely sound did not escape he glanced in your direction and said nothing about it, it was reasonable enough to stop the noise but it was clear he was concerned.

You cast your other spell on the man on the bed, you can feel his body as you work your magick and harden the air itself to press down on his body, suddenly the man looked up at you with terrified eyes.
"No...don't touch me....don't touch me!"
He yelled and struggled against your rote though you held him fairly firm, tears started running down his cheeks as he panicked.
"Shh calm down Velan, calm down...stay still...you are okey..."
Edmund muttered to the terrified man on the bed to try to soothe him but it did not help much as he seamed to just get more panicked.
"Shh you are out...you are out Velan, they might be our enemies and we are in danger but they are people ok, you are out..."
Edmund continued softly but it did not help and the terrified man cried out and continued to fight against his invisible bonds sobbing.
"You need to calm down or they will hurt you like they did Ruben...listen to me you are out...draw a deep breath..."
Edmund said and finally the man on the bed looked at him and did seam to calm down, at least a little though he still looked lost and terrified.
"Please don't hurt him...he is not going to harm you, he is far to traumatized to at the moment."
Edmund begged.
"Don't hurt him..."

(OOC: Oh not a problem we are not in a hurry, you are not slowing the game down. I am no good with describing combat either, one of the reasons why this game is more investigation than outright combat...something I think bored some of the players that left this game at the start.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 am

"No...don't touch me....don't touch me!" He yelled and struggled against your rote though you held him fairly firm, tears started running down his cheeks as he panicked...

Ah, dammit. Quiet one man and another started to yell. Edmund jumped in to try to calm him and he let him, still keeping an eye on things as best he could. He couldn't just let the man go, Velan...that was his name. He could not be let go, of course and killing him now wouldn't improve their chances with getting Edmund to talk.

"Please don't hurt him...he is not going to harm you, he is far to traumatized to at the moment." Edmund begged.
"Don't hurt him..."

"I did not mean to panic him, though I could not allow him the chance to slip away. The spell I cast is not harming him. It is holding him in place so he cannot attack us," he said to Edmund, though he suspected that he knew it already. Hopefully, the tone of his voice would have some small effect on Velan. "I think you should listen about your mother, what he has to say. It was not idle," he said, nodding a bit towards Colin, though still paying attention to those in the room. "And listen also to what he asked you to do. Will you speak with us?" he asked.

// well, we're getting good amount of practice in xD As long as you don't mind me asking a million questions

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 am

"I did not mean to panic him, though I could not allow him the chance to slip away. The spell I cast is not harming him. It is holding him in place so he cannot attack us," he said to Edmund, though he suspected that he knew it already. Hopefully, the tone of his voice would have some small effect on Velan.

"Yeah...I know the spell, perhaps not exactly the same but I know it, but Valen...he is fresh out of the Caul, some manage to get back on their feet quickly others...I do not know how much you know about it but...well it can be a...bad experience."
Edmund said and turned a little paler himself if that was possible. Turning back to Valen he muttered again.
"Shh you are out...do not panic I do not want them to hurt you as well...just stay calm...shhh...you are out..."
He said in a comforting tone of voice to try to keep the other man calm, Valen stopped shouting but he was still whimpering, he looked up at you now with terrified eyes as if he wanted to be completely sure you where not part of the Caul or where it brought people.

"I think you should listen about your mother, what he has to say. It was not idle," he said, nodding a bit towards Colin, though still paying attention to those in the room. "And listen also to what he asked you to do. Will you speak with us?" he asked.

"My mother..."
Edmund muttered.
"How? I saw her...killed when they came for me..."
The young Nephandus sigh and slowly sat down on his kneels on the floor.
"I...will talk with you...but if I do that, can you help Ruben?"
He said and glanced at the pawn on the floor who was still silently screaming.
"There are pain medication in that cabinet over there, please I know you will probably kill him and bring me and Valen in...I understand but in the meantime please do not let him suffer."
The young mage muttered, he shivered, he was in shock from seeing his Mentor killed, and terrified for his own life not to mention the life of his Avatar but he had to keep a level head to try to keep the other two as unharmed as possible.

(OOC: Oh I do not mind at all...)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:11 am

"Well if you can help clean up Nodes that the Nephandi have corrupted or the Technocracy have sanitized without anyone have to get affected by that Resonance that is an enormous boon."
Leon said and sigh.
"Well I guess using that shit against the Nephandi is better than leaving it laying around, but it sure are making me feel uneasy."
He muttered.
Colin nodded, "Node cleansing is the next step of practical application of the Node - we have one that was messed up in Boston. And you are right to feel uneasy about the stuff - I may put up a brave face, but it is bloody disgusting."

"I wonder if you can ward off Qyrl. At any rate, I suppose it's true they would be upset with us anyway. I might be upset to see someone using parts of people even if they were corrupted. I digress though, just be careful."
He nodded, "Depending, I just might encase the claws entirely, so that they're not immediately visible. But yes, I certainly don't mean to parade them before people in any case."

"That is quite...amazing..."
Leon said then he nodded.
"Yes the jellyfish that are an interesting bunch, I have not seen any of them though, it costs a bit to travel to the part of the ocean they live in, but they are said to be wise and powerful."
He announced.
"I would love to meet them. But yeah it comes to a point where nothing is surprising anymore."
He arched an eyebrow, "The jellyfish are actually Earthside?"

Edmund looked at you, there where stark shock on his face from seeing his Mentor be murdered right in front of him then he looked at the screaming young man on the floor.
"Merciful in how you...well I know what your kind do to captured Nephandi, I would prefer a bullet..."
Edmund muttered and looked at you angrily.
"The man you shot is just a pawn...he have no chance to fight against you please...help him."
He muttered then he seamed to realize what you where saying and half turned.
"My mother? Impossible she was...killed when I was little..."
He muttered uneasy, what he did not do was get down on the floor though, but he held his hands to the side and did not make any threatening moves there was little he could do against a whole group of other mages, and he looked confused, scared and ridden with grief.
You cast your other spell on the man on the bed, you can feel his body as you work your magick and harden the air itself to press down on his body, suddenly the man looked up at you with terrified eyes.
"No...don't touch me....don't touch me!"
He yelled and struggled against your rote though you held him fairly firm, tears started running down his cheeks as he panicked.
"Shh calm down Velan, calm down...stay still...you are okey..."
Edmund muttered to the terrified man on the bed to try to soothe him but it did not help much as he seamed to just get more panicked.
"Shh you are out...you are out Velan, they might be our enemies and we are in danger but they are people ok, you are out..."
Edmund continued softly but it did not help and the terrified man cried out and continued to fight against his invisible bonds sobbing.
"You need to calm down or they will hurt you like they did Ruben...listen to me you are out...draw a deep breath..."
Edmund said and finally the man on the bed looked at him and did seam to calm down, at least a little though he still looked lost and terrified.
"Please don't hurt him...he is not going to harm you, he is far to traumatized to at the moment."
Edmund begged.
"Don't hurt him..."
"I did not mean to panic him, though I could not allow him the chance to slip away. The spell I cast is not harming him. It is holding him in place so he cannot attack us," he said to Edmund, though he suspected that he knew it already. Hopefully, the tone of his voice would have some small effect on Velan. "I think you should listen about your mother, what he has to say. It was not idle," he said, nodding a bit towards Colin, though still paying attention to those in the room. "And listen also to what he asked you to do. Will you speak with us?" he asked.
"Yeah...I know the spell, perhaps not exactly the same but I know it, but Valen...he is fresh out of the Caul, some manage to get back on their feet quickly others...I do not know how much you know about it but...well it can be a...bad experience."
Edmund said and turned a little paler himself if that was possible. Turning back to Valen he muttered again.
"Shh you are out...do not panic I do not want them to hurt you as well...just stay calm...shhh...you are out..."
He said in a comforting tone of voice to try to keep the other man calm, Valen stopped shouting but he was still whimpering, he looked up at you now with terrified eyes as if he wanted to be completely sure you where not part of the Caul or where it brought people.
"My mother..."
Edmund muttered.
"How? I saw her...killed when they came for me..."
The young Nephandus sigh and slowly sat down on his kneels on the floor.
"I...will talk with you...but if I do that, can you help Ruben?"
He said and glanced at the pawn on the floor who was still silently screaming.
"There are pain medication in that cabinet over there, please I know you will probably kill him and bring me and Valen in...I understand but in the meantime please do not let him suffer."
The young mage muttered, he shivered, he was in shock from seeing his Mentor killed, and terrified for his own life not to mention the life of his Avatar but he had to keep a level head to try to keep the other two as unharmed as possible.
He nodded, casting a glance at the crippled man much like someone who accidentally kicked a puppy, "Ah, damn, I'd not want him to suffer. Er, yes, your mother was murdered when you were little. She's been haunting the place ever since, in between trying to get into the Labyrinth to find you. Today, we let her in, though - I'd actually have thought she might have found you first, but perhaps she ran into some difficulty with the little ambush party that was set up in our path?"
He sighed, "Mr. Tilder, if you would be so kind as to step away from the medical supplies and around the other side of your panicked companion there..."
He glanced backwards at Rosario, "I believe you are familiar with mundane medicine, would you kindly anaesthetize the unfortunate fellow?"
He turned his attention on Edmund again, "Now, we need a few questions answered, such as where were you supposed to be on guard duty, and who else is on guard nearby?"

((OOC: Birtday celebration yesterday. I did a stupid at the bar and ordered a plate of their Hot Kicks - a dozen chili cheese pieces, 8 of which contain Habanero, and the four others contain Ghost Chili. They were shared around the table; tasty, but oh God I was grateful the bar had milk available for the brave fools who dared order that... I just might do it again someday. Wink Also, I'm getting older, it seems - only had a few beers and a B-52, and this morning my mouth feels like I fellated a desert elemental... Razz ))
((OOC2: Yeah, bits are going to get taken care of. It's more of a nuisance than outright painful, most of the time, but still... I guess I'm soon going to look like a Scotsman in the streets, and an American in the sheets. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:32 am

Colin nodded, "Node cleansing is the next step of practical application of the Node - we have one that was messed up in Boston. And you are right to feel uneasy about the stuff - I may put up a brave face, but it is bloody disgusting."

"It is disgusting...I just...well anyone who work with Entropy is in danger of Jhor, I have seen the effect of it in members of my brother's House."
Leon admitted and cast a worried glance over at James.
"In any case I hope you can find a method to clan up Nodes more easy and safely, that would be awesome."
He said and grinned. James cast a look in your direction but said nothing.

He arched an eyebrow, "The jellyfish are actually Earthside?"

"No...no, they live in an ocean, on Horizon."
Leon explained and his brother nodded.

He nodded, casting a glance at the crippled man much like someone who accidentally kicked a puppy, "Ah, damn, I'd not want him to suffer. Er, yes, your mother was murdered when you were little. She's been haunting the place ever since, in between trying to get into the Labyrinth to find you. Today, we let her in, though - I'd actually have thought she might have found you first, but perhaps she ran into some difficulty with the little ambush party that was set up in our path?"

"Well he is suffering..."
Edmund muttered he looked at Ruben with a concerned look in his eyes, then he glanced at you and his eyes widened when you spoke of his mother.
"Her spirit...is here? Fuck...Carlyle or Cotta might get her..."
He muttered and he looked like he wanted to run out of there and find her then glanced at his friend and at your group and made no move.
"Fuck...I had hoped she would be at peace..."
He muttered.

He sighed, "Mr. Tilder, if you would be so kind as to step away from the medical supplies and around the other side of your panicked companion there..."

Edmund nodded he got back up and walked to where you directed him he looked at you with apprehension in his eyes and said nothing.

He glanced backwards at Rosario, "I believe you are familiar with mundane medicine, would you kindly anaesthetize the unfortunate fellow?"

"Cleaning up a cut or you know first aid stuff. I am not a doctor...but I will try."
Rosario said, she walked to the medical cabinet and found a bottle of clear liquid after some rummaging around, and a syringe and sat down next to the screaming pawn. Loretta looked uneasy about letting her student that close to a Nephandus, even a servant one but she said nothing. The younger Cultist filled the syringe and said to Ruben.
"Ok...do not be scared, hopefully this will make you more comfortable."
She injected the unfortunate pawn and then reached up into the bed for a pillow to place under his head.
"That should do it...I just hope I did not give him to much."
Rosario muttered as Ruben slowly begun to calm down.

He turned his attention on Edmund again, "Now, we need a few questions answered, such as where were you supposed to be on guard duty, and who else is on guard nearby?"

"I guess that was the deal to help Ruben..."
Edmund muttered and looked at the pawn on the floor, he was still whimpering but had stopped screaming, his eyes where getting heavy and he seamed to have some trouble staying awake.
"Yeah fine...there is a patrol of us, six...well five of us now over by the cafeteria, one need to go through there to get to the next part of the Labyrinth...I do not know exactly who is on guard duty, some fera, and Elisabeth and Claus...two of our magi took a munch of paws to hold the attackers...that will be you I assume off by the main entrance...that you are here probably mean that did not go so well...Cotta and her Umbrood and prowling somewhere...I do not know where the rest is...I am just an apprentice."
He said and folded his arms across his chest and looked at you.
"What are you going to do to us?"
He asked softly and glanced at his friends.

(OOC: I hope you had a good time.)
(OOC 2: Good luck with it...)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:20 pm

"It is disgusting...I just...well anyone who work with Entropy is in danger of Jhor, I have seen the effect of it in members of my brother's House."
Leon admitted and cast a worried glance over at James.
"In any case I hope you can find a method to clan up Nodes more easy and safely, that would be awesome."
He said and grinned. James cast a look in your direction but said nothing.
Colin nodded, "The Rote won't clean up the Nodes themselves, but it can let the cleansers work in peace without any stray Quintessence floating around..."

"No...no, they live in an ocean, on Horizon."
Leon explained and his brother nodded.
He sighed with relief, "Oh, good... With the crap that's getting spewed into the sea, I'd be worried about their survival chances..."

"Well he is suffering..."
Edmund muttered he looked at Ruben with a concerned look in his eyes, then he glanced at you and his eyes widened when you spoke of his mother.
"Her spirit...is here? Fuck...Carlyle or Cotta might get her..."
He muttered and he looked like he wanted to run out of there and find her then glanced at his friend and at your group and made no move.
"Fuck...I had hoped she would be at peace..."
He muttered.
He shook his head, "She's not been at peace for two decades - who would, if the last thing they saw was someone murdering them and running off with their child? I... don't think Carlyle is up for capturing your mother right now, but Cotta... she's a concern, alright."

"Cleaning up a cut or you know first aid stuff. I am not a doctor...but I will try."
Rosario said, she walked to the medical cabinet and found a bottle of clear liquid after some rummaging around, and a syringe and sat down next to the screaming pawn. Loretta looked uneasy about letting her student that close to a Nephandus, even a servant one but she said nothing. The younger Cultist filled the syringe and said to Ruben.
"Ok...do not be scared, hopefully this will make you more comfortable."
She injected the unfortunate pawn and then reached up into the bed for a pillow to place under his head.
"That should do it...I just hope I did not give him to much."
Rosario muttered as Ruben slowly begun to calm down.
He nodded, "Thank you... at least hat should relieve him of suffering until he can be taken care of properly..."

"I guess that was the deal to help Ruben..."
Edmund muttered and looked at the pawn on the floor, he was still whimpering but had stopped screaming, his eyes where getting heavy and he seamed to have some trouble staying awake.
"Yeah fine...there is a patrol of us, six...well five of us now over by the cafeteria, one need to go through there to get to the next part of the Labyrinth...I do not know exactly who is on guard duty, some fera, and Elisabeth and Claus...two of our magi took a munch of paws to hold the attackers...that will be you I assume off by the main entrance...that you are here probably mean that did not go so well...Cotta and her Umbrood and prowling somewhere...I do not know where the rest is...I am just an apprentice."
He said and folded his arms across his chest and looked at you.
"What are you going to do to us?"
He asked softly and glanced at his friends.
He nodded, "Elisabeth, Claus, two werebears and a substantial number of pawns... They made a valiant effort, but we knew how the chokepoint they tried to hold looked, and were prepared for them. They... were not quite as prepared for us. For what it's worth, I'm sorry for your loss - I saw how fiercely your Mentor fought in her last battle... but I must ask, did she come back alone, or did she have any other survivors with her?"
He glanced over at Crexia, "As for what we're going to do to you - Your call, Ma'am. I'd recommend showing mercy, though..."

((OOC: I did, though the vengeance of those chili cheese things is a pain in the... well, you get the idea.)
((OOC2: Thanks.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Colin nodded, "The Rote won't clean up the Nodes themselves, but it can let the cleansers work in peace without any stray Quintessence floating around..."

"Hum...well that can be rather useful in and of itself, and might make it far safer to do the cleansing job, which is positive, for right now cleaning up a Node is a shit and dangerous job, any improvement of that would be a boon."
Leon said and nodded.

He sighed with relief, "Oh, good... With the crap that's getting spewed into the sea, I'd be worried about their survival chances..."

"Yeah here on earth they would be toast, if it is one thing we are good at it is fucking up the planet."
The Fortunae muttered.

He shook his head, "She's not been at peace for two decades - who would, if the last thing they saw was someone murdering them and running off with their child? I... don't think Carlyle is up for capturing your mother right now, but Cotta... she's a concern, alright."

Edmund looked down sadly.
"What can I do for her?"
He finally asked.
"H...have you seen her?"
He added then he sigh.
"Yeah last I saw Carlyle she said some Traditionalists had jumped her and tried to...well you know what you do to those like us."
He muttered and glanced at Valen clearly not wanting to say exactly what Traditionalists did to Nephandi to avoid another panic attack from the other man.
"I know that they do Ed...it is ok...it...would not be so bad I think..."
Valen muttered and Edmund gave the young man a concerned look then he turned back to you.
"Cotta...kills Umbrood just for the hell of it...if my mother is here...please Traditionalist, I am your enemy a Nephandus but she is an innocent, help her...please..."
The young man muttered.

He nodded, "Thank you... at least hat should relieve him of suffering until he can be taken care of properly..."

Rosario nodded she gently stroked the wounded man's head.
"Shh sleep now...there will not be more pain...sleep."
She told him before she looked up at you, she was clearly not sure about the dose she had administered. Ruben looked half asleep though and he clearly was not in as much pain any longer.
"What if he dies Sir...what if I gave him to strong a dose?"
The Cultist muttered to you nervously.

He nodded, "Elisabeth, Claus, two werebears and a substantial number of pawns... They made a valiant effort, but we knew how the chokepoint they tried to hold looked, and were prepared for them. They... were not quite as prepared for us.

"Fuck...well I guess Abigal made her bed when she got into it with that crazy bitch from Boston...well to bad the rest of us have to lie in it to...dammit and this was a nice Labyrinth as well."
Edmund grumbled in a tone of voice that said, oh we got Traditionalists, there go the neighborhood.
"You know I have grown up here among the Nephandi and I used to have nightmares that the Traditions would come for us all...I guess dreams do come true."
He muttered sarcastically trying to hide some of his fear.

I'm sorry for your loss - I saw how fiercely your Mentor fought in her last battle... but I must ask, did she come back alone, or did she have any other survivors with her?"

Edmund looked at the ash that used to be his Mentor and nodded.
"She was...a good teacher...and yes she was...fierce..."
He muttered and suppressed a sob before he nodded.
"Yeah...two others came back with her...one of them died...he had been hit by a piece of Primium from an explosion and with all that Dox, even Doctor could not save him, the other survivor are with Cotta, he would never survive that around of Paradox so she is trying to...ehm get the Dox out of his Avatar."
Edmund gave a grimace at that which said that in his opinion death would be preferable.

He glanced over at Crexia, "As for what we're going to do to you - Your call, Ma'am. I'd recommend showing mercy, though..."

Crexia sigh and looked at the three men.
"I have no desire to create more widderslaintes, but bringing prisoners along right now is risky unless you have an idea for how to do so young man...we could potentially tie their powers down and drug them but even so leaving prisoners here is leaving potential enemies at our back. Unless you have a good idea for how to hold them safely the only mercy we can offer is a painless death, at least for the magi...for the grog...or pawn as they call him...he is not going anywhere, he I can take the chance od drugging and coming back for later, see if we can patch him up and decide what to do with him then."
The old archmaga said and she looked rather bothered at the idea of executing a traumatized young man in a bed and a man who was just here to visit his Mentor, the Mentor she herself had killed.

Edmund cringed a little and shivered.
"At least death is better than...what I have been told the Traditions do to our kind..."
He muttered, just like Raymond he had probably grown up with horror stories about the Traditions and he looked rather pale and terrified.
"But please...spare the others...I mean Valen have not harmed anyone yet and Ruben is just a pawn...please..."
He begged.

(OOC: And that is why I do not eat spicy food, unless it is the spice melange, then I will have plenty of it. Razz )

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:09 pm

"I see." Well, either Valen was unlucky and had been captured and turned through the caul quickly for vengeance or they were getting desparate for replacements - or both.

"You are not in the caul any longer, Mr Valen. The sensation of time passing may have been disturbed temporarily to you but you have been...returned back into the material world, where you are able to distinguish before and after."

"I guess that was the deal to help Ruben..."Edmund muttered and looked at the pawn on the floor, he was still whimpering but had stopped screaming, his eyes where getting heavy and he seamed to have some trouble staying awake.

"We cannot make any sort of deal with you, Mr Tilder. However, we do not wish the man to suffer either," he said. "Things might go easier if you were willing to discuss some matters with us," he added carefully, in similar vein to the previous man they'd captured.

Cotta and her Umbrood and prowling somewhere...I do not know where the rest is...I am just an apprentice."
He said and folded his arms across his chest and looked at you. "What are you going to do to us?"

"What can you tell us of Cotta's Umbrood? And where did the doctor go? When should we expect the doctor's return?" he asked.

"Cotta...kills Umbrood just for the hell of it...if my mother is here...please Traditionalist, I am your enemy a Nephandus but she is an innocent, help her...please..."

He frowned at that. "Mr Tilder, we cannot say for sure we can help her, simply due to the fact we're not sure where she is right now. And it might be difficult, seeing as how she is stuck in a loop trying to find you," he mused, looking thoughtful. Again, he wished Adjan was here, he knew more about ghosts than he did by far. "However, we would not wish her undue harm."

but I must ask, did she come back alone, or did she have any other survivors with her?"
"Yeah...two others came back with her...one of them died...he had been hit by a piece of Primium from an explosion and with all that Dox, even Doc could not save him, the other survivor are with Cotta, he would never survive that around of Paradox so she is trying to...ehm get the Doc out of his Avatar."

"Pardon, get the Doc out of his avatar? I do not understand."

// Happy birthday Warp! : ) and lol...xD You know it's hot stuff when it burns both directions. Braver than me.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:25 pm

"You are not in the caul any longer, Mr Valen. The sensation of time passing may have been disturbed temporarily to you but you have been...returned back into the material world, where you are able to distinguish before and after."

"A...are you sure...I am out I can...feel them...oh god...the screaming...my scream...their...the whispers I...I...please..."
Valen muttered and looked up and you and started sobbing.
"T...time...I...there is time...yes...but..."
He muttered confused.

"We cannot make any sort of deal with you, Mr Tilder. However, we do not wish the man to suffer either," he said. "Things might go easier if you were willing to discuss some matters with us," he added carefully, in similar vein to the previous man they'd captured.

"I...understand...well as long as Ruben get help I do not care what you call it."
Edmund said and looked at his friend with worried eyes.
"I can talk about some things, but this is my home, and you are the enemy there is a limit to what I am willing to say."

"What can you tell us of Cotta's Umbrood? And where did the doctor go? When should we expect the doctor's return?" he asked.

"I can not say anything about that, Cotta and her Umbrood are the best hope our Labyrinth have of a defense other than Abigail herself..."
Edmund said then he shrugged.
"I don't know, to help defend the Caul perhaps, the Doctor is one of the most powerful members we have here, I have no idea when he will be back, when the danger is over perhaps, or if someone get hurt badly enough to need his immediate aid."

He frowned at that. "Mr Tilder, we cannot say for sure we can help her, simply due to the fact we're not sure where she is right now. And it might be difficult, seeing as how she is stuck in a loop trying to find you," he mused, looking thoughtful. Again, he wished Adjan was here, he knew more about ghosts than he did by far. "However, we would not wish her undue harm."

"I...have no idea how to deal with spirits...I have never been able to learn that so I do not know how to help her either."
Edmund said and sigh.
"But if she is here I know I do not want Cotta to get her and I would want her to find peace...damn it is so long ago...I can barely remember her face...I remember her voice, and that she read to me in the evenings, but I do not remember what she looked like."
The young Nephandus muttered sadly.
"What can I do for her?"

(OOC: Oops that was dox which is also a problem to have in one's Avatar but not as problematic as a whole Fallen mage, which sound quite icky to have stuck in your soul, not to mention painful. Sorry for the mispelling I will go and fix it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:16 pm

"Hum...well that can be rather useful in and of itself, and might make it far safer to do the cleansing job, which is positive, for right now cleaning up a Node is a shit and dangerous job, any improvement of that would be a boon."
Leon said and nodded.
Colin smiled, "And now, almost any Initiate of Prime can do this safely. That frees up an astounding amount of manpower, I should think."

"Yeah here on earth they would be toast, if it is one thing we are good at it is fucking up the planet."
The Fortunae muttered.
He frowned, "Yes... but it seems that we weren't so good at itbefore the Union took over the show..."

Edmund looked down sadly.
"What can I do for her?"
He finally asked.
"H...have you seen her?"
He added then he sigh.
"Yeah last I saw Carlyle she said some Traditionalists had jumped her and tried to...well you know what you do to those like us."
He muttered and glanced at Valen clearly not wanting to say exactly what Traditionalists did to Nephandi to avoid another panic attack from the other man.
"I know that they do Ed...it is ok...it...would not be so bad I think..."
Valen muttered and Edmund gave the young man a concerned look then he turned back to you.
The young man muttered.
He nodded, "We do it to you, the Union does it to you, you do it to you, you do it to us and the Union, we do it to ourselves and the Union, the Union does it to themselves and us... None of our factions are innocent of it, really."
He sighed, "I don't know exactly what you can do for your mother; I'm not particularly skilled with spirits... but try calling for her. You are her precious son, and that's a powerful link as any. We shut down the Aegis and let her in, she can probably navigate the Labyrinth freeer than most."

Rosario nodded she gently stroked the wounded man's head.
"Shh sleep now...there will not be more pain...sleep."
She told him before she looked up at you, she was clearly not sure about the dose she had administered. Ruben looked half asleep though and he clearly was not in as much pain any longer.
"What if he dies Sir...what if I gave him to strong a dose?"
The Cultist muttered to you nervously.
He sighed, "If you did... at least his passing will be painless. He seemed a hardy fellow, though, and I do believe most such painkillers require some quite powerful doses to reach lethal potential..."

"I...understand...well as long as Ruben get help I do not care what you call it."
Edmund said and looked at his friend with worried eyes.
"I can talk about some things, but this is my home, and you are the enemy there is a limit to what I am willing to say."
He nodded, "Perfectly reasonable, I would hardly expect you to simply roll over backwards like a dog in the hope of a tummy scratch. Still, I think we can both agree that the less suffering here, the better."

"Fuck...well I guess Abigal made her bed when she got into it with that crazy bitch from Boston...well to bad the rest of us have to lie in it to...dammit and this was a nice Labyrinth as well."
Edmund grumbled in a tone of voice that said, oh we got Traditionalists, there go the neighborhood.
"You know I have grown up here among the Nephandi and I used to have nightmares that the Traditions would come for us all...I guess dreams do come true."
He muttered sarcastically trying to hide some of his fear.
He nodded, "If it helps, many Traditionalists fear the same thing about the Nephandi or the Technocrats... But yes, aligning yourselves with Larson was a grave mistake - not, of course, that there would not be a reckoning for Abigail anyway, but the Larson debacle gave us the means to hunt you down... and motivation for the Jade Demon to come shut you down, as well, which is impressive."

Edmund looked at the ash that used to be his Mentor and nodded.
"She was...a good teacher...and yes she was...fierce..."
He muttered and suppressed a sob before he nodded.
"Yeah...two others came back with her...one of them died...he had been hit by a piece of Primium from an explosion and with all that Dox, even Doctor could not save him, the other survivor are with Cotta, he would never survive that around of Paradox so she is trying to...ehm get the Dox out of his Avatar."
Edmund gave a grimace at that which said that in his opinion death would be preferable.
He nodded, "Surviving a HIT-Mark blowing itself up in the first place is impressive enough... Requiescat in pace."

"I...have no idea how to deal with spirits...I have never been able to learn that so I do not know how to help her either."
Edmund said and sigh.
"But if she is here I know I do not want Cotta to get her and I would want her to find peace...damn it is so long ago...I can barely remember her face...I remember her voice, and that she read to me in the evenings, but I do not remember what she looked like."
The young Nephandus muttered sadly.
"What can I do for her?"
He sighed, "Like I suggested, try calling for her. Unless there's a strong summoner here who is better at that, that's the best suggestion I have."

Crexia sigh and looked at the three men.
"I have no desire to create more widderslaintes, but bringing prisoners along right now is risky unless you have an idea for how to do so young man...we could potentially tie their powers down and drug them but even so leaving prisoners here is leaving potential enemies at our back. Unless you have a good idea for how to hold them safely the only mercy we can offer is a painless death, at least for the magi...for the grog...or pawn as they call him...he is not going anywhere, he I can take the chance od drugging and coming back for later, see if we can patch him up and decide what to do with him then."
The old archmaga said and she looked rather bothered at the idea of executing a traumatized young man in a bed and a man who was just here to visit his Mentor, the Mentor she herself had killed.

Edmund cringed a little and shivered.
"At least death is better than...what I have been told the Traditions do to our kind..."
He muttered, just like Raymond he had probably grown up with horror stories about the Traditions and he looked rather pale and terrified.
"But please...spare the others...I mean Valen have not harmed anyone yet and Ruben is just a pawn...please..."
He begged.
He frowned, "I am sorry, but my hands are quite tied, then... the best I can offer you and Valen is a quick, painless death. But for your mother's sake, I may be able give you a moment to see her again first... if you can reach her."

((OOC: Yeah, the burnination was bad... I'm not going to do that again for a while. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 pm

Colin smiled, "And now, almost any Initiate of Prime can do this safely. That frees up an astounding amount of manpower, I should think."

"Yes, well off course most Chantries take good care of their Nodes it is rare for one to be corrupted or sanitized, but yes once one are then this method should help deal with it more safely."
Leon said and nodded acknowledging.
"And discovered by an Orphan no less."
He muttered and his brother gave him a warning scowl.

He frowned, "Yes... but it seems that we weren't so good at itbefore the Union took over the show..."

"Yeah and I am sure the Verbena have a thing or two to say about that and about how the Union fuck things up for everyone, but I doubt they are the only ones who are to blame however the Syndicate among other certainly have allot to answer for."

He nodded, "We do it to you, the Union does it to you, you do it to you, you do it to us and the Union, we do it to ourselves and the Union, the Union does it to themselves and us... None of our factions are innocent of it, really."

"Well we do not generally do...that to Union men we capture, they are not Fallen..."
Olamide commented dryly. Edmund looked at you and shivered.
"So you are saying that is not what would happen to me and Valen if we where captured by the Traditions?"
He asked softly.

He sighed, "I don't know exactly what you can do for your mother; I'm not particularly skilled with spirits... but try calling for her. You are her precious son, and that's a powerful link as any. We shut down the Aegis and let her in, she can probably navigate the Labyrinth freeer than most."

"You mean calling her name? I have no idea how to call out to spirits."
Edmund muttered a bit uncertain.
"And if she is trapped, will she even recognize me?"
He asked.
"And if she hears me, what then...can you get her out of here safely?"

He sighed, "If you did... at least his passing will be painless. He seemed a hardy fellow, though, and I do believe most such painkillers require some quite powerful doses to reach lethal potential..."

Rosario nodded and checked Ruben's pulse.
"I guess you are right, his pulse is strong and he is breathing ok at least, though his wound is...pretty bad..." she muttered as she gently patted the wounded man on the head trying to get him calm enough to sleep.

He nodded, "Perfectly reasonable, I would hardly expect you to simply roll over backwards like a dog in the hope of a tummy scratch. Still, I think we can both agree that the less suffering here, the better."

Edmund looked at you and nodded he said nothing though.

He nodded, "If it helps, many Traditionalists fear the same thing about the Nephandi or the Technocrats...

"I suspected as much, and I mean we where told tales about the Technocracy as well...but at least they only kill you, or you know experiment on you and then kill you..."
The young Nephandus muttered sourly.

But yes, aligning yourselves with Larson was a grave mistake - not, of course, that there would not be a reckoning for Abigail anyway, but the Larson debacle gave us the means to hunt you down... and motivation for the Jade Demon to come shut you down, as well, which is impressive."

"Yeah...that the bloody Jade Demon are turning against us are fucked up, and lowers our chances drastically. Larson though...she is nuts..."
Edmund muttered.
"Completely nuts, but who listens to me, I am just an apprentice..."

He nodded, "Surviving a HIT-Mark blowing itself up in the first place is impressive enough... Requiescat in pace."

"Yeah he was a tough old coot alright..."
The young man muttered.
"Bloody Union getting involved..."

He sighed, "Like I suggested, try calling for her. Unless there's a strong summoner here who is better at that, that's the best suggestion I have."

"Yeah...I can try that I guess."
Edmund said. Udella sigh.
"I can find the wraith, not a problem, however I am concerned about her perhaps trying to defend her son. I can stop her off course but I would not want to end up in a situation where I would have to harm her."
She said and Edmund looked uncertain.

He frowned, "I am sorry, but my hands are quite tied, then... the best I can offer you and Valen is a quick, painless death. But for your mother's sake, I may be able give you a moment to see her again first... if you can reach her."

Edmund cleansed his teeth together and nodded he was shivering slightly from fear now. Valen started whimpering again nervously.
"Shhh Valen it is ok...calm...shhh..."
The young man muttered to clam the other mage and he looked at you.
"I...can try to call to her, but as...your friend said, she might then decide to defend me or something I do not want her harmed."
The he looked away.
"How are you going to...do it? Killing us I mean?"
He asked and looked at the ashes of his Mentor and shivered again.

Rosario looked up from where she was tending to Ruben.
"This is not right...."
She said angrily.
"One thing is taking out a Master of the Art who could be a threat, but these men are no threat, we could restrain them, we do not have to kill them, we are in an infirmary, if it had been us who where invaded what would we have felt if non combatants in the infirmary just got executed?"
The young Cultist demanded and Crexia sigh again.
"If the alternative was...Gilgulling them I would see their execution as a mercy yes."
She said firmly and Rosario looked down.
"Oh..."
She muttered.
"I will take a bullet over...that alternative..."
Edmund muttered fearfully.
"Anyone would..."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 pm

"Yes, well off course most Chantries take good care of their Nodes it is rare for one to be corrupted or sanitized, but yes once one are then this method should help deal with it more safely."
Leon said and nodded acknowledging.
"And discovered by an Orphan no less."
He muttered and his brother gave him a warning scowl.
Colin smirked, "Indeed, and when that Orphan is so brazen as to gladly distribute to the whole of the Traditions, virtually free of charge, that's going to leave a lot of senior Magi with some remarkably ambivalent feelings, I think..."

"Well we do not generally do...that to Union men we capture, they are not Fallen..."
Olamide commented dryly. Edmund looked at you and shivered.
"So you are saying that is not what would happen to me and Valen if we where captured by the Traditions?"
He asked softly.
He inclined his head slightly to Olamide, "Well, point, that's probably the one exception, and a slip of the tongue..."
He shook his head to Edmund, "No, I'm saying that's a far too plausible grim outcome, whichever faction you ran afoul... and believe me, I don't like it, either."

"You mean calling her name? I have no idea how to call out to spirits."
Edmund muttered a bit uncertain.
"And if she is trapped, will she even recognize me?"
He asked.
"And if she hears me, what then...can you get her out of here safely?"
He shrugged, "Her name... might be less effective than calling her 'Mom'. And if seeing you gives her some closure... I don't know, it might let her finally pass on."

"I suspected as much, and I mean we where told tales about the Technocracy as well...but at least they only kill you, or you know experiment on you and then kill you..."
The young Nephandus muttered sourly.
He grimaced, thinking back to the Umbral Port, "No... the Union could well decide to lobotomize you and use you for cheap labour and raw material for their medical supplies... And that, I think, is a fate far more horrid than the Traditions would condemn you to..."

"Yeah...that the bloody Jade Demon are turning against us are fucked up, and lowers our chances drastically. Larson though...she is nuts..."
Edmund muttered.
"Completely nuts, but who listens to me, I am just an apprentice..."
He smiled wryly, "Well, I am listening, for one."

"Yeah he was a tough old coot alright..."
The young man muttered.
"Bloody Union getting involved..."
He coughed lightly, "Ah, yes, funny how they should show up to hit your second team, just after the last Traditionalist got out."

"Yeah...I can try that I guess."
Edmund said. Udella sigh.
"I can find the wraith, not a problem, however I am concerned about her perhaps trying to defend her son. I can stop her off course but I would not want to end up in a situation where I would have to harm her."
She said and Edmund looked uncertain.
He pondered for a moment and looked over at Crexia, "I've got to admit, I don't have a good feel for the odds on this one... There's clearly a risk, and there's clearly a potential benefit, but I can't say how they're balanced."

Edmund cleansed his teeth together and nodded he was shivering slightly from fear now. Valen started whimpering again nervously.
"Shhh Valen it is ok...calm...shhh..."
The young man muttered to clam the other mage and he looked at you.
"I...can try to call to her, but as...your friend said, she might then decide to defend me or something I do not want her harmed."
The he looked away.
"How are you going to...do it? Killing us I mean?"
He asked and looked at the ashes of his Mentor and shivered again.
He raised his pistol, pointing it away from anyone, "An enchanted bullet through the base of the skull, straight through the spinal cord... You'll be dead before you hit the floor. It's the best I can offer..."

Rosario looked up from where she was tending to Ruben.
"This is not right...."
She said angrily.
"One thing is taking out a Master of the Art who could be a threat, but these men are no threat, we could restrain them, we do not have to kill them, we are in an infirmary, if it had been us who where invaded what would we have felt if non combatants in the infirmary just got executed?"
The young Cultist demanded and Crexia sigh again.
"If the alternative was...Gilgulling them I would see their execution as a mercy yes."
She said firmly and Rosario looked down.
"Oh..."
She muttered.
"I will take a bullet over...that alternative..."
Edmund muttered fearfully.
"Anyone would..."
He nodded, "As the good lady said, with that as the alternative, a quick, clean death is a mercy. More importantly, it's the mercy we can get away with legally, however barely... You're correct, it's not right, but it's the least cruel option we have."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 am

Colin smirked, "Indeed, and when that Orphan is so brazen as to gladly distribute to the whole of the Traditions, virtually free of charge, that's going to leave a lot of senior Magi with some remarkably ambivalent feelings, I think..."

"Well it will cause some stir that is for sure I can see some of the old magi up at Horizon choking on their morning coffee when they hear about that, then again, a useful spell is a useful spell, even if we might wish a proper Hermetic came up with it."
Leon said and shrugged.

He inclined his head slightly to Olamide, "Well, point, that's probably the one exception, and a slip of the tongue..."

Olamide nodded and Leon raised and eyebrow and whispered.
"What is this discussion a who Gilguls who? Is not that a bit macabre?"

He shook his head to Edmund, "No, I'm saying that's a far too plausible grim outcome, whichever faction you ran afoul... and believe me, I don't like it, either."

Edmund shuddered and nodded.
"Yeah I know, trust me I know."
He muttered wryly.
"And it scare the shit out of me. I have no reservations about admitting to that."

He shrugged, "Her name... might be less effective than calling her 'Mom'. And if seeing you gives her some closure... I don't know, it might let her finally pass on."

"I could try that...it might work...I would want her to find some peace."
The young Nephandus said and smiled.

He grimaced, thinking back to the Umbral Port, "No... the Union could well decide to lobotomize you and use you for cheap labour and raw material for their medical supplies... And that, I think, is a fate far more horrid than the Traditions would condemn you to..."

Edmund shuddered again and shook his head.
"Well...it is worse than a clean death...but worse than...that? I would rather have my Avatar intact, but do not get me wrong I have seen what this guy we have here at the Labyrinth named Gabriel do to his prisoners...and I saw my mother when...she was dying...I would not want something happening to my brain, trust me I would not want to be captured by the Union either but the Traditions are still worse....though not by that many points."
He muttered and turned a little paler.
"Ehm...yeah...well this is a...interesting topic..."
He muttered with a nervous little laugh.

He smiled wryly, "Well, I am listening, for one."

"Yeah well she is nuts...I am not sure i should rant about my superiors to well, the enemy but fuck...have you ever read the TV trope kicking the dragon...yeah that...so much that, and a very big...bad dragon it is to, let us just say I am so fucking glad I was not sent to Boston..."
Edmund said and he almost forgot his fear and grief for one moment in his frustration...almost.

He coughed lightly, "Ah, yes, funny how they should show up to hit your second team, just after the last Traditionalist got out."

"You...you..."
The boy muttered angrily and looked away.
"I know we are at war so I understand why...but if you where not holding me at gunpoint I would give you a bloody nose."
He muttered.

He pondered for a moment and looked over at Crexia, "I've got to admit, I don't have a good feel for the odds on this one... There's clearly a risk, and there's clearly a potential benefit, but I can't say how they're balanced."

"I would prefer to not have more trouble than we have to, taking this risk is something we do not have to, this will be risky enough without antagonizing a spirit we do not have to, now like my Sodalis are saying we can handle a ghost...but it is one more problem we do not need right now."
Crexia said sternly.

He raised his pistol, pointing it away from anyone, "An enchanted bullet through the base of the skull, straight through the spinal cord... You'll be dead before you hit the floor. It's the best I can offer..."

The young Nephandus started shaking and his legs gave out on him and he fell to the floor on his butt shaking his head.
"No...please...I would rather it hurt...I do not want to be shot in the head...I saw my mother...I don't want..."
He started sobbing fearfully, all the stress of the situation finally taking it's toll and he did not manage to be strong anymore and so he just wept on the floor hysterically and pulled as far away from you as he could.

Valen noticed Edmund's fear and started to whimper terrified, you where not sure the traumatized man really understood what was going on but seeing his friend so scared terrified him and he tried to curl into a ball though Adley's rote prevented him from doing so so he screamed from fear again and mewled softly while tears run down his cheeks, his mind still there in the caul, with horrors few could imagine happening to his body, soul and mind for hundreds of years.

He nodded, "As the good lady said, with that as the alternative, a quick, clean death is a mercy. More importantly, it's the mercy we can get away with legally, however barely... You're correct, it's not right, but it's the least cruel option we have."

Rosario looked from you to Edmund who now was terrified to the mewling Valen.
"Can't we just...let them go...please they...we can't do this, it is not right, we just can't."
The Cultist said and Udella sigh.
"It is death...or taking them in...those are our only options young lady, this is war...I am sorry."
Rosario shook her head.
"No...taking out an enemy that is there tying to kill you...that is fine...or going after them and taking out those that are a threat to you, this is a sick, scared man in a bed and now a begging...sobbing man on the floor...No...if we just...kill them, we are no better than the Technocracy or the Nephandi...we can not do this."
She said sounding angry.
"We just can not do this! Listen my uncle kills vampires, he do not care who they are, if they are a threat or not, he track them down, kill them or stake them and bring them home for torture and then kills them. I said growing up I would not become him...I will kill to defend myself and my Chantry, and I am aware that we are at war...but not like this, they are helpless...this is not right!"
The Cultist pleaded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 am

"Well it will cause some stir that is for sure I can see some of the old magi up at Horizon choking on their morning coffee when they hear about that, then again, a useful spell is a useful spell, even if we might wish a proper Hermetic came up with it."
Leon said and shrugged.
Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, it rather is a wonder nobody else came up with it before, isn't it?"

Olamide nodded and Leon raised and eyebrow and whispered.
"What is this discussion a who Gilguls who? Is not that a bit macabre?"
He sighed, "Yes, it is..."

Edmund shuddered and nodded.
"Yeah I know, trust me I know."
He muttered wryly.
"And it scare the shit out of me. I have no reservations about admitting to that."
He nodded, "It takes some courage to admit being terrified, I'll give you that."

Edmund shuddered again and shook his head.
"Well...it is worse than a clean death...but worse than...that? I would rather have my Avatar intact, but do not get me wrong I have seen what this guy we have here at the Labyrinth named Gabriel do to his prisoners...and I saw my mother when...she was dying...I would not want something happening to my brain, trust me I would not want to be captured by the Union either but the Traditions are still worse....though not by that many points."
He muttered and turned a little paler.
"Ehm...yeah...well this is a...interesting topic..."
He muttered with a nervous little laugh.
He nodded, "Thing is, lobotomy is how the Union performs... that. So yes, it is worse than that; losing your Avatar and higher brain functions all in one go, and facing a potentially long life of slavery... I would not wish that even on my worst enemy... Not even Abigail or Larson. So in that regard, we are perhaps the lesser evil, from your perspective, with that slight margin in our favor after all..."

"Yeah well she is nuts...I am not sure i should rant about my superiors to well, the enemy but fuck...have you ever read the TV trope kicking the dragon...yeah that...so much that, and a very big...bad dragon it is to, let us just say I am so fucking glad I was not sent to Boston..."
Edmund said and he almost forgot his fear and grief for one moment in his frustration...almost.
He arched an eyebrow, "You're... a widderslainte, perhaps? If so, you would probably have been... flayed and killed already, by Larson or her accomplices. We discovered she's been sacrificing widderslainte left and right, and blaming us for it."

"You...you..."
The boy muttered angrily and looked away.
"I know we are at war so I understand why...but if you where not holding me at gunpoint I would give you a bloody nose."
He muttered.
He lowered his pistol and nodded slowly, a glint of remorse in his eyes, "And you would be entirely justified in doing so... I'm not proud of sending so many people to their deaths like that, even if they were Technocrats or Nephandi... but it was a necessary maneuver at the time. I... will light a candle for everyone's passing, even if none of them would have done the same for me. To be honest, I think a punch to the face would hurt less and be more cathartic for me..."

"I would prefer to not have more trouble than we have to, taking this risk is something we do not have to, this will be risky enough without antagonizing a spirit we do not have to, now like my Sodalis are saying we can handle a ghost...but it is one more problem we do not need right now."
Crexia said sternly.
He nodded silently.

The young Nephandus started shaking and his legs gave out on him and he fell to the floor on his butt shaking his head.
"No...please...I would rather it hurt...I do not want to be shot in the head...I saw my mother...I don't want..."
He started sobbing fearfully, all the stress of the situation finally taking it's toll and he did not manage to be strong anymore and so he just wept on the floor hysterically and pulled as far away from you as he could.

Valen noticed Edmund's fear and started to whimper terrified, you where not sure the traumatized man really understood what was going on but seeing his friend so scared terrified him and he tried to curl into a ball though Adley's rote prevented him from doing so so he screamed from fear again and mewled softly while tears run down his cheeks, his mind still there in the caul, with horrors few could imagine happening to his body, soul and mind for hundreds of years.
He nodded slowly, "The heart, then... It will take a few more seconds, but it should still be quick... And I am sorry, truly. But... for want of alternatives, this is how it must be."

Rosario looked from you to Edmund who now was terrified to the mewling Valen.
"Can't we just...let them go...please they...we can't do this, it is not right, we just can't."
The Cultist said and Udella sigh.
"It is death...or taking them in...those are our only options young lady, this is war...I am sorry."
Rosario shook her head.
"No...taking out an enemy that is there tying to kill you...that is fine...or going after them and taking out those that are a threat to you, this is a sick, scared man in a bed and now a begging...sobbing man on the floor...No...if we just...kill them, we are no better than the Technocracy or the Nephandi...we can not do this."
She said sounding angry.
"We just can not do this! Listen my uncle kills vampires, he do not care who they are, if they are a threat or not, he track them down, kill them or stake them and bring them home for torture and then kills them. I said growing up I would not become him...I will kill to defend myself and my Chantry, and I am aware that we are at war...but not like this, they are helpless...this is not right!"
The Cultist pleaded.
He sighed, "We are presented with two alternatives; one is ruthless now and will be cruel in years to come, the other will be cruel now and horrible in a few days, and that will be the end of it... If we are ruthless now, we might be able to change the law and precedent to give them a chance at living in their next incarnation, though... Legally, that's the best we can do without going on trial ourselves for aiding and abetting the enemies of Creation... I like it no more than you do; not one bit... but for the sake of everyone I try to protect, I will go through with it. And I'll hate myself for it for the rest of my life..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 01, 2017 2:00 am

Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, it rather is a wonder nobody else came up with it before, isn't it?"

"Yes well that is probably what everyone else said when they saw the wheel for the first time as well, why did not anyone else come up with it before...however I would have liked such a discovery to have been made by a Hermetic but, let that be as it may, better it be discovered by an Orphan than not at all."
Leon muttered.

He sighed, "Yes, it is..."

Leon sigh.
"Well I guess we are in a macabre situation..."

He nodded, "It takes some courage to admit being terrified, I'll give you that."

Edmund nodded.
"Well it is better to admit it with words than making it obvious by having a puddle form under me."
He muttered wryly.

He nodded, "Thing is, lobotomy is how the Union performs... that. So yes, it is worse than that; losing your Avatar and higher brain functions all in one go, and facing a potentially long life of slavery... I would not wish that even on my worst enemy... Not even Abigail or Larson. So in that regard, we are perhaps the lesser evil, from your perspective, with that slight margin in our favor after all..."

"Oh...shit..."
Edmund muttered and paled.
"I did not know that...fuck...ok yes that is worse...allot worse...no I agree no one deserve that...well congratulations there is now someone to be more scared of than Traditionalists...do the Union do that...ehm allot?"
He asked and he looked but rather shocked and rather queasy at the prospect.

He arched an eyebrow, "You're... a widderslainte, perhaps? If so, you would probably have been... flayed and killed already, by Larson or her accomplices. We discovered she's been sacrificing widderslainte left and right, and blaming us for it."

Edmund nodded.
"Yes I am a widderslainte...hum...Larson do what...so those we sent to Boston? She can not have? I mean the boss even sent one of her own apprentices down there, she have been frantic since she have not been able to get into contact with her...why would Larson do that?"
He said his eyes growing wide.

He lowered his pistol and nodded slowly, a glint of remorse in his eyes, "And you would be entirely justified in doing so... I'm not proud of sending so many people to their deaths like that, even if they were Technocrats or Nephandi... but it was a necessary maneuver at the time. I... will light a candle for everyone's passing, even if none of them would have done the same for me. To be honest, I think a punch to the face would hurt less and be more cathartic for me..."

Edmund sigh and looked at you for a moment.
"I see...I guess you are going to have to add my Mentor to that list to light candles for then...and me...and Valen..."
He muttered bitterly.
"What about Ruben will he be...spared? And yes you still deserve a punch in the face..."

He nodded slowly, "The heart, then... It will take a few more seconds, but it should still be quick... And I am sorry, truly. But... for want of alternatives, this is how it must be."

Edmund looked up at you and he seamed to calm down a little, though he still sobbed slightly, he lifted a hand to wipe the tears away from his face.
"It is not...much...I can do about it now is there."
He muttered fearfully and wrapped his arms around his knees.
"I can now fight a whole group of magi on my own..."

He sighed, "We are presented with two alternatives; one is ruthless now and will be cruel in years to come, the other will be cruel now and horrible in a few days, and that will be the end of it... If we are ruthless now, we might be able to change the law and precedent to give them a chance at living in their next incarnation, though... Legally, that's the best we can do without going on trial ourselves for aiding and abetting the enemies of Creation...

"Then we go to trial...or at least we should, this is wrong, they are our enemies yes they are Nephandi but one of them are sick and the other have cooperated, we can not just kill them, we should let them go and if they attack us...if they go against us then yes we defend ourselves and reality and we take them out, but not like this...they are terrified and helpless...if we just kill them what do that make us, we need to do what is right and that is letting them go..."
Rosario muttered firmly and shook her head.

I like it no more than you do; not one bit... but for the sake of everyone I try to protect, I will go through with it. And I'll hate myself for it for the rest of my life..."

"But it protect no one to kill these men, we can send them running, even should they turn back and turn again us...they are not a huge threat and we can bind their magick for now...tell them to get out of the Labyrinth and run....that is what would be right, we would still be protecting everyone, they are in an infirmary, they are scared and we can not just either kill them or drag them in for...for...that...it is not right we should not do it no matter what the law says!"
The young Cultist protested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 01, 2017 3:52 am

"A...are you sure...I am out I can...feel them...oh god...the screaming...my scream...their...the whispers I...I...please..." Valen muttered and looked up and you and started sobbing. "T...time...I...there is time...yes...but..."

'Mr Valen, I am most sure that you are not in the caul right now. However, what has been done to your avatar makes it difficult for you differentiate time. Focus on the present, as best as you are able," he suggested.

"I can not say anything about that, Cotta and her Umbrood are the best hope our Labyrinth have of a defense other than Abigail herself..." Edmund said then he shrugged. "I don't know, to help defend the Caul perhaps, the Doctor is one of the most powerful members we have here, I have no idea when he will be back, when the danger is over perhaps, or if someone get hurt badly enough to need his immediate aid."

He frowned. "You said there were others on your

"I...have no idea how to deal with spirits...I have never been able to learn that so I do not know how to help her either." Edmund said and sigh. "But if she is here I know I do not want Cotta to get her and I would want her to find peace...damn it is so long ago...I can barely remember her face...I remember her voice, and that she read to me in the evenings, but I do not remember what she looked like." The young Nephandus muttered sadly. "What can I do for her?"

"I know you will not like to hear this, but if you are concerned that Cotta will find her first, telling us how to neutralize her would at least give us some time." He sighed. "I am able to speak with spirits, though I am not used to speaking with ghosts."

"You mean calling her name? I have no idea how to call out to spirits." Edmund muttered a bit uncertain. "And if she is trapped, will she even recognize me?" He asked. "And if she hears me, what then...can you get her out of here safely?"
"Yeah...I can try that I guess."Edmund said.
Udella sigh."I can find the wraith, not a problem, however I am concerned about her perhaps trying to defend her son. I can stop her off course but I would not want to end up in a situation where I would have to harm her."
[quote] He shrugged, "Her name... might be less effective than calling her 'Mom'. And if seeing you gives her some closure... I don't know, it might let her finally pass on."
"I could try that...it might work...I would want her to find some peace."The young Nephandus said and smiled.

Adley was quiet while he considered what might be able to help the ghost and Edmund, so that at least there would be closure for them. He was not sure the ghost would not attack them if it realised what was going to happen to Edmund,for her the last thing she understood was her child being taken away and being shot. "I could give her a message for you, if we found her," he offered. "Something to set her at peace...hrm. Did she ever give you anything? A charm, toy, or something that you still carry?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 01, 2017 8:48 am

'Mr Valen, I am most sure that you are not in the caul right now. However, what has been done to your avatar makes it difficult for you differentiate time. Focus on the present, as best as you are able," he suggested.

"I am cold...everything is cold...my Avatar is screaming at me, she is so angry, so angry and she is crying, those things in there...so much pain...beyond pain..."
The young mage muttered then he looked at you.
"Present...yeah...perhaps...ehm...a bed...I am on a bed...something is holding me down...my leg i cramping...the roof is white...yes present..."
He muttered and seamed a calm down a little he gave you a hint of a grateful smile.
"T...thank you..."

He frowned. "You said there were others on your

"You are thinking about the group I am with, well was with?"
Edmund asked and looked puzzled.

"I know you will not like to hear this, but if you are concerned that Cotta will find her first, telling us how to neutralize her would at least give us some time." He sighed. "I am able to speak with spirits, though I am not used to speaking with ghosts."

That put the young Nephandus on the spot as he was forced to choose between the safety of his mother's spirit and his Labyrinth, he looked up and you could see the choice was agonizing to him.
"I...I...but...well...I..."
He said making fists of his hands as he tried to decide what to do.
"But...I live here...these are my friends...I...but my mother...she might..."
He turned away slightly and ran a hand nervously through his hair.
"Fuck..."

"I could give her a message for you, if we found her," he offered. "Something to set her at peace...hrm. Did she ever give you anything? A charm, toy, or something that you still carry?" he asked.

Edmund nodded sadly.
"Yeah I...would like that...tell her...tell her I missed her every day but I was not mistreated, I got to see things others do not even dream of, I got to teleport and feel gravity gravity change to my will, I got to feel the very life blood of existence flow through me. I have friends, and my teacher while strict was never unreasonable, some Nephandi are cruel to their students, Mel never was, it might be hard for you to believe this Traditionalist...but my life have been happy...well for the most part, tell her that, and tell her thank you for looking for me all these years, but that she should go now, I do not know if we will have the same afterlife, probably not I have done some terrible things, but tell her I will never forget her and that she should go and be at peace..."
The young man muttered.
"I have...a small toy she gave me, it is on my keyring in my pocket, I could...reach for it though I guess you can also take it off my body when...when I am dead..."
He muttered and tears of fear started filling his eyes again.
"It is a pretty beat up, red toy car, I just put a jump ring around the fender so I could put it on my keyring...she gave me that a few weeks before...she was killed..."
The Nephandus said and looked up at you with tear filled eyes.
"Thank you..."
He muttered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 01, 2017 3:49 pm

"Oh...shit..."
Edmund muttered and paled.
"I did not know that...fuck...ok yes that is worse...allot worse...no I agree no one deserve that...well congratulations there is now someone to be more scared of than Traditionalists...do the Union do that...ehm allot?"
He asked and he looked but rather shocked and rather queasy at the prospect.
Colin shrugged and grimaced, "I don't know how often... but conversing with one of their doctors on neutral ground, I got the distinct impression it's... a matter of routine more than exception if they capture live Magi, Fallen or not..."

Edmund nodded.
"Yes I am a widderslainte...hum...Larson do what...so those we sent to Boston? She can not have? I mean the boss even sent one of her own apprentices down there, she have been frantic since she have not been able to get into contact with her...why would Larson do that?"
He said his eyes growing wide.
He shook his head, "We haven't been able to determine the why with certainty... Not yet... but we managed to rescue Abigail's favoured apprentice in Boston afterwards - she got away alive - and she's being questioned now, poor thing... A hypothesis is that Larson is sacrificing them to strengthen her Caul, or to power the summoning of an Aswadim."

Edmund sigh and looked at you for a moment.
"I see...I guess you are going to have to add my Mentor to that list to light candles for then...and me...and Valen..."
He muttered bitterly.
"What about Ruben will he be...spared? And yes you still deserve a punch in the face..."
He nodded, "It'd be the least I could do for you, after... And I deserve so much more than a punch. You... have no idea."

Edmund looked up at you and he seamed to calm down a little, though he still sobbed slightly, he lifted a hand to wipe the tears away from his face.
"It is not...much...I can do about it now is there."
He muttered fearfully and wrapped his arms around his knees.
"I can now fight a whole group of magi on my own..."
He shook his head, "You're looking an inevitable death square in the eye, and not trying to run and hide... That's courage, and for that, you have my respect."
He paused, only for a moment, and lowered the gun, "Mr. Tilder, before the end, you'll have your punch. That, at least, won't be an unresolved matter on the way... that much I can do for you. No magic, no tricks, just a good, honest fist to the face."

"Then we go to trial...or at least we should, this is wrong, they are our enemies yes they are Nephandi but one of them are sick and the other have cooperated, we can not just kill them, we should let them go and if they attack us...if they go against us then yes we defend ourselves and reality and we take them out, but not like this...they are terrified and helpless...if we just kill them what do that make us, we need to do what is right and that is letting them go..."
Rosario muttered firmly and shook her head.
"But it protect no one to kill these men, we can send them running, even should they turn back and turn again us...they are not a huge threat and we can bind their magick for now...tell them to get out of the Labyrinth and run....that is what would be right, we would still be protecting everyone, they are in an infirmary, they are scared and we can not just either kill them or drag them in for...for...that...it is not right we should not do it no matter what the law says!"
The young Cultist protested.
He shook his head, speaking softly, "If there was a legal way to let them go, I would gladly reach for that... but there isn't - not without each and every one of us facing gilgul in their stead. You cannot imagine the pain; even a slight bruising of your Avatar, without any actual damage inflicted is more painful than the human mind can withstand. To actually have it torn to shreds... no, if I can at all avoid it, I won't condemn anyone to that... The law is wrong and inflexible, but it is the Law, and we can't work to change it if we're condemned by it. I'm sorry, but unless our present Quaesitor can offer an alternative, our hands are bound in Primium..."

Edmund nodded sadly.
"Yeah I...would like that...tell her...tell her I missed her every day but I was not mistreated, I got to see things others do not even dream of, I got to teleport and feel gravity gravity change to my will, I got to feel the very life blood of existence flow through me. I have friends, and my teacher while strict was never unreasonable, some Nephandi are cruel to their students, Mel never was, it might be hard for you to believe this Traditionalist...but my life have been happy...well for the most part, tell her that, and tell her thank you for looking for me all these years, but that she should go now, I do not know if we will have the same afterlife, probably not I have done some terrible things, but tell her I will never forget her and that she should go and be at peace..."
The young man muttered.
"I have...a small toy she gave me, it is on my keyring in my pocket, I could...reach for it though I guess you can also take it off my body when...when I am dead..."
He muttered and tears of fear started filling his eyes again.
"It is a pretty beat up, red toy car, I just put a jump ring around the fender so I could put it on my keyring...she gave me that a few weeks before...she was killed..."
The Nephandus said and looked up at you with tear filled eyes.
"Thank you..."
He muttered softly.
He glanced from Edmund to Adley, then gave an approving nod and stepped inside the infirmary, finder outside the trigger loop and gun pointed to the floor, offering his left hand to help the younger man off the floor, "Mr. Tilder, I believe have one last important thing to do... Your mother would be proud of your valour, as would your Mentor. But I'm afraid it's time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Colin shrugged and grimaced, "I don't know how often... but conversing with one of their doctors on neutral ground, I got the distinct impression it's... a matter of routine more than exception if they capture live Magi, Fallen or not..."

"The Union do not really have a good idea of what an Avatar is, well you could argue neither do we, but they do not believe in reincarnation so as such they are not more likely to...ehm...do that to a Nephandus and any other mage. Most of their captives are kept intact, a mage is valuable to outright destroy, so if you are captured you are more likely to be experimented upon, sent to MACHA for slave labor, or you know if they have no use for you then you will be just plain executed, the ehm...process in question is as resource consuming as the one we have so they only do that when they capture a mage they are not able to control and they need the person alive for something or...when they are trying to be...kind..."
Loretta said and it was clear the topic made her uneasy.
"You see the Technocrazy well they see nothing spiritual in magick, they understand it is the Avatar that give us these abilities, but they only see it as a function in the brain, that give Awakened a sort of brilliant intellect in addition to a form of mild schizophrenia in the form of unexplained voices in your head...as such when they find a mage they think are innocent, a young apprentice perhaps, some bleeding hearth Technocrat might decide that this person do not deserve death and slave labor is to harsh so simply removing what makes the captive dangerous...well...as my own teacher said, if you are cornered by the Union unable to escape and your students are with you...use what little time you have to kill your own apprentices before the Technocrats get them."
The Cultist continued with a sad look in her eyes.
"Never let the Union men take your apprentices alive..."
She added in a mutter and Edmund's eyes widened a bit and he scratched his head nervously.
"O...ok then...ehm....fuck the Technocracy."
He muttered uneasily.

He shook his head, "We haven't been able to determine the why with certainty... Not yet... but we managed to rescue Abigail's favoured apprentice in Boston afterwards - she got away alive - and she's being questioned now, poor thing... A hypothesis is that Larson is sacrificing them to strengthen her Caul, or to power the summoning of an Aswadim."

"Martha? She have been? But she can't be...she is such a skilled mage she...are you sure?"
Edmund asked his eyes growing even bigger.
"Dammit Abigail is going to freak out when she finds out if this is true..."
He muttered and Valen turned his head, just about the only thing not locked in place by Adley's spell and looked at you fearfully when you mentioned the Caul.
"It...rips apart, tear pieces of it...."
He muttered and started sobbing again.
"Are you going to eat me?"
The traumatized Nephandus suddenly asked.
"My Avatar say you can eat her...she is not afraid...she is just curious..."
He muttered and Edmund sigh.
"He is a Traditionalist Valen he is not going to eat you or any part of you physical or spiritual...do not worry."
He tried and Valen shook his head.
"I am not worried..."
He muttered in reply.

He nodded, "It'd be the least I could do for you, after... And I deserve so much more than a punch. You... have no idea."

Edmund looked at you and then down and then he nodded.
"Well there are few others that will remember me...Ruben perhaps...if he lives...I would...appreciate that candle..."
He muttered nervously.

He shook his head, "You're looking an inevitable death square in the eye, and not trying to run and hide... That's courage, and for that, you have my respect."

"Well there is not much I can do...trying to fight will only lead to more pain, and I can not run from all of you, and besides Valen is in no condition to run...I am scared enough that i fear I might piss myself though."
The young mage admitted sullenly.

He paused, only for a moment, and lowered the gun, "Mr. Tilder, before the end, you'll have your punch. That, at least, won't be an unresolved matter on the way... that much I can do for you. No magic, no tricks, just a good, honest fist to the face."

Edmund gave you a surprised look and Crexia did not look like she like the notion but she did not protest she did motion for the others in the group to be alert though and she addressed the Nehandus in a warning tone of voice.
"Mr Tilder, a word of advice, I can not afford mage prisoners at this point...but try anything and you will not be a...mage...prisoner, I will take the time to do the ritual...on the sport, am I clear...take that one punch my young associate here offers but anything else..."
Edmund paled, but he nodded and slowly balled his right hand into a fist and looked at you.
"Ehm...are you sure?"
He muttered he still looked angry, and scared but he did give you a bit of a nod of respect.

He shook his head, speaking softly, "If there was a legal way to let them go, I would gladly reach for that... but there isn't - not without each and every one of us facing gilgul in their stead. You cannot imagine the pain; even a slight bruising of your Avatar, without any actual damage inflicted is more painful than the human mind can withstand. To actually have it torn to shreds... no, if I can at all avoid it, I won't condemn anyone to that... The law is wrong and inflexible, but it is the Law, and we can't work to change it if we're condemned by it. I'm sorry, but unless our present Quaesitor can offer an alternative, our hands are bound in Primium..."

Rosario's eyes flooded with tears.
"But it is not right..."
She repeated.
"No...I would not want to risk my Avatar hurt but...it is not right...it just is not right."
She sobbed then she looked pleadingly at Udella who sigh and shook her head.
"We are taking a chance as it is young lady by not bringing them in, the decision can be defended by us not knowing what is up ahead and having prisoners will be a liability, however me and your Deaconess are going to have to answer before an internal Tribunal for why we did not use some of the drugs here to knock them out, or call in for a teleport to get them back to your Chantry we can talk our way out of it by saying we need to conserve how much Paradox our teleporters get or the small chance restrained prisoners would be freed...it is a gray enough legal area, but it is stretching it and I am not sure we are doing the right thing, when these young men die they will become widderslainte, there are a reason for the laws...we are taking a risk and stretching it very far to show them the mercy of not bringing them in, like we should, there is nothing more that can be done. The only other option is to bring them in alive...there is a small, a minute chance that the one called Valen could be saved if a strong Mentor decided to protect him, but no Nephandus in a similar situation have been spared before, with Mr Tilder...there is no hope...being taken alive would mean Gilgul..."
The Queistor said softly and Rosario looked away.
"But..."
She protested. Edmund looked at Rosario.
"It is okey Miss...I....do not want to die...I am scarred but it is allot better than...the alternative, please let it go before it get to the point where your superiors decide taking me and Valen in are a safe enough option...I do not want that...please I do not want to be Gilgulled..."
He muttered and his voice failed him as he begged. Rosario looked at the young Nephandus.
"I...I am sorry...fine...I will let it go but...I am so sorry I enchanted those bullets I..."
Edmund sigh and forced a slight, sad smile.
"I...it is ok...it do not matter..."
He muttered and looked down again and tried to stop his hands from shaking.

He glanced from Edmund to Adley, then gave an approving nod and stepped inside the infirmary, finder outside the trigger loop and gun pointed to the floor, offering his left hand to help the younger man off the floor, "Mr. Tilder, I believe have one last important thing to do... Your mother would be proud of your valour, as would your Mentor. But I'm afraid it's time."

Edmund took your hand and accepted your help up, he was hyperventilating now and clearing terrified and he looked at the gun and whimpered.
"A...are you sure it won't hurt?"
He asked fearfully. Then he looked at Valen.
"W...wait...he...he should not see it coming...he is...scared enough...let me...distract him while...you do it...I will go second."
He muttered and looked at the traumatized man in the bed.
"Please he should not be left alone with just enemies around him know he will be killed..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 01, 2017 5:12 pm

"I am cold...everything is cold...my Avatar is screaming at me, she is so angry, so angry and she is crying, those things in there...so much pain...beyond pain..." The young mage muttered then he looked at you. "Present...yeah...perhaps...ehm...a bed...I am on a bed...something is holding me down...my leg i cramping...the roof is white...yes present..." He muttered and seamed a calm down a little he gave you a hint of a grateful smile. "T...thank you..."

He felt bad for him, or at least for his avatar. He didn't know the circumstances that had put him through the caul, perhaps he had truly gone willingly. Or perhaps not. But there was not much he could do for him at the moment but give him a few words. "I am sorry that you...went through that. For your avatar, as well. But continue to think of the room, or the cramp in your leg, things like that will keep you grounded."

"But...I live here...these are my friends...I...but my mother...she might..." He turned away slightly and ran a hand nervously through his hair. "Fuck..."

He did not seem inclined to push him further, he would either say something or not. Adding more might tip him in the other direction.

"Pardon?" Adley muttered; he didn't sound like he much agreed with it but wasn't about to argue. Crexia could order him to stand down, he supposed. But he wasn't quite able to keep his surprise to himself.

"Yeah I...would like that...Thank you..."

He tried to capture all the young man told him, the tone of his voice, listening carefully. The were words that could have come from any apprentice, anywhere. "For what it is worth, Mr Tilder, I am sorry that we have met under these circumstances. I hope that your avatar can recover what it has lost and become whole again. If I am able to do so, given what is going on, I will deliver your message to your mother and I do hope it brings her peace."

"Does it look clear still?" he asked, and then looked back to Colin briefly. If he was sure he wanted to be the one to...well, do it. But it was probably the same as he had felt with the other one in the Umbra. And he understood Rosario's anger and sadness as well, though there was nothing he could do. There was no way they could leave them alive, he knew it and had known it and he understood very well how Rosario felt. But even if they were left, someone would find them and they would die, or worse. And time shortened.

//
"You are thinking about the group I am with, well was with?" Edmund asked and looked puzzled.
* whups meant to finish that sentence. Sometimes if there are a few posts I grab all the ones and group them and forgot that one. He was asking about the group he was with, which I think Colin already got an answer to that.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 01, 2017 5:49 pm

He felt bad for him, or at least for his avatar. He didn't know the circumstances that had put him through the caul, perhaps he had truly gone willingly. Or perhaps not. But there was not much he could do for him at the moment but give him a few words. "I am sorry that you...went through that. For your avatar, as well. But continue to think of the room, or the cramp in your leg, things like that will keep you grounded."

"Thank you I...my head spins I...she is so sad...my Avatar and angry and it hurts...in the Caul it hurts."
Valen sobbed then he glanced at you and nodded.
"Room right...the cramp in my leg....that is here...now...I...yes that is now..."
He muttered a bit uncertain.

He did not seem inclined to push him further, he would either say something or not. Adding more might tip him in the other direction.

Edmund seamed to consider for a moment then he sigh.
"The walls...I mean the flesh on the walls, that is her weakness...Cotta's I mean, she is connected to the Labyrinth, can use the Nodes as if the Quintessence was stored in her own soul...but when the Labyrinth get hurt, so do she...that is all I really can tell you, she is a powerful mage, more powerful than the boss even...but she do not really understand the outside world, she was born in a Labyrinth, she do not speak English only the Dragon's Tongue and a little Latin, she is completely ruthless and while some of us might have doubt at times...about the cause she do not, she will slaughter every last one of you and literary play with your entrails if you give her half a chance.
The young Nephandus muttered then he sigh.
"And I am only telling you since the Labyrinth is fucked anyway...it do not matter to much for it but I want to save my mother. Cotta likes to torment and kill Spirits...Avatars though though usually she is not allowed to play with captured mages as they are to be interrogated for information or recruited but with someone invading the Labyrinth...and with her lover now dead...she will be on a warpath and you all will look mighty tasty."
He warned.
"Oh great, she sounds like a lovely lady."
Leon muttered sarcastically behind you.

"Pardon?" Adley muttered; he didn't sound like he much agreed with it but wasn't about to argue. Crexia could order him to stand down, he supposed. But he wasn't quite able to keep his surprise to himself.

"I will keep your Cabalmate safe young man...but do feel free to shot Mr Tilder if he tried anything other than that one punch, I understand why your Cabalmate is doing this but I am not taking any chances...and if you shoot him, try to shoot him where he will survive...for if he use this to cause trouble all attempts to show mercy will be of."
Crexia said sternly. Edmund looked at her for a moment and muttered in a terrified tone of voice.
"I am not stupid I know I have no chance...I am not going to try anything...please just ehm...leave my Avatar alone..."
He replied to her threat and Crexia nodded.

He tried to capture all the young man told him, the tone of his voice, listening carefully. The were words that could have come from any apprentice, anywhere. "For what it is worth, Mr Tilder, I am sorry that we have met under these circumstances. I hope that your avatar can recover what it has lost and become whole again. If I am able to do so, given what is going on, I will deliver your message to your mother and I do hope it brings her peace."

"I am whole Sir...there is nothing wrong with my Avatar...I...do not like allot of what the Nephandi do, I see no reason to being a dick to everyone and try to be monsters, but my soul wants Entropic Desencion...and so do I...she is a fine, healthy, strong Avatar..."
Edmund protested proudly and a little hurt that you had said his soul was not whole, after all he was probably as proud of and fond of his Avatar as any mage was.
"I do thank you though, if something can bring my mother peace...I would want that...I do not remember everything but I remember that she was kind, and smart and a good person."
He said and gave a hesitant smile before the smile drained away again by how scared he was.

"Does it look clear still?" he asked, and then looked back to Colin briefly. If he was sure he wanted to be the one to...well, do it. But it was probably the same as he had felt with the other one in the Umbra. And he understood Rosario's anger and sadness as well, though there was nothing he could do. There was no way they could leave them alive, he knew it and had known it and he understood very well how Rosario felt. But even if they were left, someone would find them and they would die, or worse. And time shortened.

"Yeah it is...still clear but you know where we are, we are far from safe."
James replied he and Cara where on guard duty, both had a serious look in their eyes, both of them understood it as well, the two Nephandi could not be left alive, that was the very reason why they where not being taken captive, but even if they understood it, that did not mean it was a plesant situation, killing someone trying to kill you that was one thing but a traumatized man in a hospital bed and a terrified young man was was fighting with every fiber of his being to keep from panicking, that was something else. Cara glanced at Rosario.
"We...could need an extra pair of eyes...out here..."
She muttered she did not want her Cabalmate to see the two men killed. Rosario was not that easy to fool though.
"I enchanted the bullets...I should see them used, we are all to blame for this...we all have to carry this with us, and see their faced in the dark of the night..."
She muttered angrily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 02, 2017 1:40 am

"The Union do not really have a good idea of what an Avatar is, well you could argue neither do we, but they do not believe in reincarnation so as such they are not more likely to...ehm...do that to a Nephandus and any other mage. Most of their captives are kept intact, a mage is valuable to outright destroy, so if you are captured you are more likely to be experimented upon, sent to MACHA for slave labor, or you know if they have no use for you then you will be just plain executed, the ehm...process in question is as resource consuming as the one we have so they only do that when they capture a mage they are not able to control and they need the person alive for something or...when they are trying to be...kind..."
Loretta said and it was clear the topic made her uneasy.
"You see the Technocrazy well they see nothing spiritual in magick, they understand it is the Avatar that give us these abilities, but they only see it as a function in the brain, that give Awakened a sort of brilliant intellect in addition to a form of mild schizophrenia in the form of unexplained voices in your head...as such when they find a mage they think are innocent, a young apprentice perhaps, some bleeding hearth Technocrat might decide that this person do not deserve death and slave labor is to harsh so simply removing what makes the captive dangerous...well...as my own teacher said, if you are cornered by the Union unable to escape and your students are with you...use what little time you have to kill your own apprentices before the Technocrats get them."
The Cultist continued with a sad look in her eyes.
"Never let the Union men take your apprentices alive..."
She added in a mutter and Edmund's eyes widened a bit and he scratched his head nervously.
"O...ok then...ehm....fuck the Technocracy."
He muttered uneasily.
Colin nodded, "Indeed; fuck the Technocracy."

"Martha? She have been? But she can't be...she is such a skilled mage she...are you sure?"
Edmund asked his eyes growing even bigger.
"Dammit Abigail is going to freak out when she finds out if this is true..."
He muttered and Valen turned his head, just about the only thing not locked in place by Adley's spell and looked at you fearfully when you mentioned the Caul.
"It...rips apart, tear pieces of it...."
He muttered and started sobbing again.
"Are you going to eat me?"
The traumatized Nephandus suddenly asked.
"My Avatar say you can eat her...she is not afraid...she is just curious..."
He muttered and Edmund sigh.
"He is a Traditionalist Valen he is not going to eat you or any part of you physical or spiritual...do not worry."
He tried and Valen shook his head.
"I am not worried..."
He muttered in reply.
He turned and looked at Valen, arching an eyebrow, "It tears the Avatar apart, and puts it back together twisted, wrong... I won't eat you, no - but one day, I might help discover the means to pluck the twisted fragments apart and reassemble them correctly again. This life did not turn out for the best... but we might be able to improve on the next."

Edmund looked at you and then down and then he nodded.
"Well there are few others that will remember me...Ruben perhaps...if he lives...I would...appreciate that candle..."
He muttered nervously.
"Well there is not much I can do...trying to fight will only lead to more pain, and I can not run from all of you, and besides Valen is in no condition to run...I am scared enough that i fear I might piss myself though."
The young mage admitted sullenly.
Edmund gave you a surprised look and Crexia did not look like she like the notion but she did not protest she did motion for the others in the group to be alert though and she addressed the Nehandus in a warning tone of voice.
"Mr Tilder, a word of advice, I can not afford mage prisoners at this point...but try anything and you will not be a...mage...prisoner, I will take the time to do the ritual...on the sport, am I clear...take that one punch my young associate here offers but anything else..."
Edmund paled, but he nodded and slowly balled his right hand into a fist and looked at you.
"Ehm...are you sure?"
He muttered he still looked angry, and scared but he did give you a bit of a nod of respect.
"I will keep your Cabalmate safe young man...but do feel free to shot Mr Tilder if he tried anything other than that one punch, I understand why your Cabalmate is doing this but I am not taking any chances...and if you shoot him, try to shoot him where he will survive...for if he use this to cause trouble all attempts to show mercy will be of."
Crexia said sternly. Edmund looked at her for a moment and muttered in a terrified tone of voice.
"I am not stupid I know I have no chance...I am not going to try anything...please just ehm...leave my Avatar alone..."
He replied to her threat and Crexia nodded.
He nodded, "As you said, I deserve it... and so much more."
He looked over at Adley, "You know there is red in my ledger... So much of it. If I can help provide just a little catharsis for someone, I must..."

Rosario's eyes flooded with tears.
"But it is not right..."
She repeated.
"No...I would not want to risk my Avatar hurt but...it is not right...it just is not right."
She sobbed then she looked pleadingly at Udella who sigh and shook her head.
"We are taking a chance as it is young lady by not bringing them in, the decision can be defended by us not knowing what is up ahead and having prisoners will be a liability, however me and your Deaconess are going to have to answer before an internal Tribunal for why we did not use some of the drugs here to knock them out, or call in for a teleport to get them back to your Chantry we can talk our way out of it by saying we need to conserve how much Paradox our teleporters get or the small chance restrained prisoners would be freed...it is a gray enough legal area, but it is stretching it and I am not sure we are doing the right thing, when these young men die they will become widderslainte, there are a reason for the laws...we are taking a risk and stretching it very far to show them the mercy of not bringing them in, like we should, there is nothing more that can be done. The only other option is to bring them in alive...there is a small, a minute chance that the one called Valen could be saved if a strong Mentor decided to protect him, but no Nephandus in a similar situation have been spared before, with Mr Tilder...there is no hope...being taken alive would mean Gilgul..."
The Queistor said softly and Rosario looked away.
"But..."
She protested. Edmund looked at Rosario.
"It is okey Miss...I....do not want to die...I am scarred but it is allot better than...the alternative, please let it go before it get to the point where your superiors decide taking me and Valen in are a safe enough option...I do not want that...please I do not want to be Gilgulled..."
He muttered and his voice failed him as he begged. Rosario looked at the young Nephandus.
"I...I am sorry...fine...I will let it go but...I am so sorry I enchanted those bullets I..."
Edmund sigh and forced a slight, sad smile.
"I...it is ok...it do not matter..."
He muttered and looked down again and tried to stop his hands from shaking.
"Yeah it is...still clear but you know where we are, we are far from safe."
James replied he and Cara where on guard duty, both had a serious look in their eyes, both of them understood it as well, the two Nephandi could not be left alive, that was the very reason why they where not being taken captive, but even if they understood it, that did not mean it was a plesant situation, killing someone trying to kill you that was one thing but a traumatized man in a hospital bed and a terrified young man was was fighting with every fiber of his being to keep from panicking, that was something else. Cara glanced at Rosario.
"We...could need an extra pair of eyes...out here..."
She muttered she did not want her Cabalmate to see the two men killed. Rosario was not that easy to fool though.
"I enchanted the bullets...I should see them used, we are all to blame for this...we all have to carry this with us, and see their faced in the dark of the night..."
She muttered angrily.
He nodded, "As we sentence these two men to death, we sentence ourselves to a far harsher punishment: we get life. You're right, their faces will haunt us... and we'll not receive parole."

Edmund took your hand and accepted your help up, he was hyperventilating now and clearing terrified and he looked at the gun and whimpered.
"A...are you sure it won't hurt?"
He asked fearfully. Then he looked at Valen.
"W...wait...he...he should not see it coming...he is...scared enough...let me...distract him while...you do it...I will go second."
He muttered and looked at the traumatized man in the bed.
"Please he should not be left alone with just enemies around him know he will be killed..."
He nodded and stepped around Valen, raising the gun carefully outside Valen's field of view, "As you wish... and... I am sorry, and wish you the best in the next life."
He waited until Valen turned his head away, and smoothly leveled the pistol at the young man's neck, shooting twice in rapid succession, severing the brainstem and spinal cord before the pain had time to properly register...

((OOC: Do I have to roll for hit and damage for this, or can the guy just be allowed to die with a minimum of pain? :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next