Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 20 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 15, 2017 10:21 am

"Thank you," he said with a nod. "The resonance on the necklace might be useful...after, so it might do to retrieve it before that. But for now..."

Udella nodded.
"It might be an idea to bring it along for later yes, but for now...it is not much mercy we can offer this woman, but we can let her have her lover's gift with her through this, and offer a quick, painless death when it is done."
The Quesitor gave Cotta a sad look for a moment then drew a deep breath to steel herself and gather her determination.

He looked at Cotta, then took the necklace, showed it to her so she knew what he was doing, and put it back in her pocket for the time being. The rest of the items he tied back up and kept out of the way, as instructed.

The Nephandi gave you a puzzled look, she had not expected even a hint of kindness from a Traditionalist, she hesitated and ceased her struggling for just one moment as you gave her the necklace back, you notice how fast her pulse was when you put the pendant in her pocket, it was racing along like the pule of a scared bird and she was hyperventilating, she did manage to give you a ever so light nod of her head in thanks though, the hateful, pleading look in her eyes never left but she did show a bit of gratitude to have the necklace returned to her before her ordeal.

"There is no need to apologize," he said.

Cara nodded but she still looked self conscious and apologetic.

"For the Nephandi, until we find another way..." he said with a frown, as he held her. "She was too powerful and we could not take her to trial...yet it is a terrible thing." He paused. "Someday, we will find a better way; at least for some of them. Soon, I hope."

"I know...I know but it is still...a terrible thing I..."
The Criamon started to protest then she nodded.
"I hope you are right...that we can find some other way to deal with the Nephandi...this is to cruel...oh heavens we do this...we do it to children, widderslainte children..."
She muttered and fresh tears rolled down her marked cheeks.

As she realised what might happen to any mage, her panic rose and he tried to calm her. "Breathe. Your avatar is understandably upset..." he said. "But this is a bad place to lose control, sodalis. Breathe."

Cara closed her eyes and tried to draw a few deep breaths that did not help to much and she shivered.
"I...I know Sodalis I am...I will try to get a hold of myself. Again I am sorry I do not know how to...deal with something like...that...I...it just terrify me...and it terrify my Avatar as well."

"There is no need to apologize," he said again. "I will watch over you while you center yourself," he said to her. "And then we will continue with what we must do, given what is at stake."

"Thank you Sodalis I owe you one."
The young sage said in a shaking tone of voice.
"You still have about five minutes before the time bubble ends, take the time to center yourself young one."
Crexia said kindly and Cara nodded but she almost jumped when the older maga spoke, suddenly reminded of what the Tytalus could do.

Cara steadied herself, took one step away from you and started the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, it was a good ritual to do to regain one's composure and focus and centering oneself, and besides your Avatar at least liked the slight, soft movement of Quintessence during the ritual and it might calm the Criamon's frightened soul as well. For the first Cabalistic Cross the young mage was shaking so much she almost could not pronounce the right words but then as the ritual continued her breath evened out and her voice steadied and when she was done she nodded to you.
"Thank you Sodalis...for keeping watch and giving me the time to center myself...you are right, we must continue, and do what we came here to do, to protect anyone, now is not the time to crawl under the bed and cry."
She said, still upset but now in control of herself and with a clear purpose in her voice.

(OOC: Thank you, and then I am off to the train. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 20 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Mon May 15, 2017 12:47 pm

"Well the Technocracy have their HIT-Marks, that is basically that idea just without free will."
Rosario said and frowned.
"And yes they are a force to be reckoned with."
Colin smiled, "And we have one with her free will intact... a far more impressive ally."

"I wish I could help you Sir."
Rosario said she was hesitant to leave your side in such a state...but you she could not help, Nancy however she could.
"Forgive me...my Cabalmate needs me..."
He nodded, "Nothing to forgive; she is in distress, and I should not confiscate you any longer."

"I understand. Too much is at stake to stop," he agreed. "However, if I can help, you only need to ask me."
He nodded, "If I need to use two hands for something, you'll be the first to know."

As Colin drew closer to her, he glanced at him and then offered his hand to draw Cara away. She had done all she could for Cotta now, and Colin seemed ready to end the pain. This task had fallen to him an uncomfortable number of times over the last days.
He nodded, waiting for a bit of distance between the two women before ending the former Nephandus.

Cotta did not seam to register that you where there, she was just screaming, somewhere in it all she managed to press out Warden's name, calling for her lover in desperation between the screams. When you shot her she convulsed once, then she was finally still, at least her suffering had ended. You hear Cara sobbing where Adley had gotten her out of the way. The room was oddly silent now, only Nancy's terrified mutterings of numbers and Cara and Olamide crying was left, Crexia and Udella looked severa and regretful but said nothing. Leon coughed and seamed like he was fighting the urge to be sick and Rosario at least for now seamed to be busy calming Nancy, being busy was good after having seen something like this.
He sighed and bowed his head before rising to his feet - a little stiffly on the left side, perhaps - and looked at Cotta's still form, "May the two lovers find one another in the afterlife... Having played my part in ending both, it's the least I could wish for on their behalf..."

He limped over to the stone wall, away from where the water elemental and Engrave were standing, and leaned against a fleshless spot, casting his cleansing rote with unusual intensity, "Scoria expurgate..."

((OOC: Safe trip!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 15, 2017 5:24 pm

"It might be an idea to bring it along for later yes, but for now...it is not much mercy we can offer this woman, but we can let her have her lover's gift with her through this, and offer a quick, painless death when it is done."

"Mmm if it's her lover's...and yes, it is likely," he gave a small shake of his head.

Cara closed her eyes and tried to draw a few deep breaths that did not help to much and she shivered.
"I...I know Sodalis I am...I will try to get a hold of myself. Again I am sorry I do not know how to...deal with something like...that...I...it just terrify me...and it terrify my Avatar as well."

"It is a terrifying thing," he said. He wondered if he could get Colin to tell him that mantra he used. It seemed to help, but he sifted through his thoughts and found something. "May I?" he asked, putting one hand, palm up out to her questioningly.

"Thank you Sodalis I owe you one." The young sage said in a shaking tone of voice.

He shook his head. "I am performing my duty. And we are friends and sodalis, are we not?"

"Thank you Sodalis...for keeping watch and giving me the time to center myself...you are right, we must continue, and do what we came here to do, to protect anyone, now is not the time to crawl under the bed and cry."
She said, still upset but now in control of herself and with a clear purpose in her voice.

He gave her a nod and looked at the others, hearing Colin cast his cleansing rote.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Colin smiled, "And we have one with her free will intact... a far more impressive ally."

"Ah yes, yes she is most impressive indeed I have worked with her before."
Rosario said and nodded.

He nodded, "Nothing to forgive; she is in distress, and I should not confiscate you any longer."

The Cultist nodded she gave you an apologetic smile, she did not like to leave you alone but she hurried over to Nancy to tend to the Hollower.

He nodded, waiting for a bit of distance between the two women before ending the former Nephandus.

Cara jumped a little at the sound of the gunshot and Rosario glanced in that direction pain over Edmund and his friend still in her eyes but none of them said anything as Cotta died.

He sighed and bowed his head before rising to his feet - a little stiffly on the left side, perhaps - and looked at Cotta's still form, "May the two lovers find one another in the afterlife... Having played my part in ending both, it's the least I could wish for on their behalf..."

You get a glimpse of Cotta's memories, probably because Mia had integrated a part of her Avatar into herself, since you had not had flashes from other parts of the shard collective that made up your Avatar, perhaps memories from other than the core shard did not last long or perhaps there was some other reason. You see yourself standing there, gently tending to a bit of Pyramid flesh, a eye was growing out of the wall and a little further up a mouth complete with a tongue, you sprayed the flesh with a solution you had created yourself of a number of herbs, it helped keep the Labyrinth healthy and then lovingly massaged the solution into the wall. Suddenly a gold necklace dangled before you with an inscription in Swahili, your mother's homeland, we will dance the spiral of oblivion together forever, the inscription said, you turned to see your lover stand there, Warden smiled and wrapped her arms around you and muttered in the Dragon's Tongue, which you understood perfectly.
"Did I get the words right love?"
The flash of memory faded from your view but you think you might be able to get more flashes from Cotta's life which might give some insight into the Labyrinth if you opened up for it...off course what you get might be alike this memory as well, important for the now dead woman on the floor but not of tactical value.

He limped over to the stone wall, away from where the water elemental and Engrave were standing, and leaned against a fleshless spot, casting his cleansing rote with unusual intensity, "Scoria expurgate..."

You felt cleaner and more centered as you cast your rote, it could not remove the guilt you felt over the lives you had taken, but it did focus your mind for the task ahead, it pushed the darker thoughts a little to the background, at least for now but off course those thoughts had to be dealt with eventually but for now your rote helped you regain your equilibrium.

"Mmm if it's her lover's...and yes, it is likely," he gave a small shake of his head.

"It is likely the piece have some sentimental value at least even if it is not from her lover and if it can give her some small comfort, I will allow her that."
Udella said and gave the Nephandus an mournful look.

"It is a terrifying thing," he said. He wondered if he could get Colin to tell him that mantra he used. It seemed to help, but he sifted through his thoughts and found something. "May I?" he asked, putting one hand, palm up out to her questioningly.

"Yes it is...terrifying."
Cara said and shivered she was sobbing softly then she nodded and accepted your gesture tentatively.
"Y...yes...ok..."
She muttered still crying.

He shook his head. "I am performing my duty. And we are friends and sodalis, are we not?"

Cara nodded.
"We are at that."
The Criamon said and nodded.
"I still appreciate it Sodalis, thank you for not letting me...freak out completely."
She muttered and looked down she seamed rather scared and frail right now.

He gave her a nod and looked at the others, hearing Colin cast his cleansing rote.

Cara gave you a nod back. A few minutes passed and then there was that slightly disorienting feeling as the time bubble ended and your group rejoined the regular time flow, it was not as bad as with longer bubbles though.
"We should move out."
Crexia said. Rosario nodded she helped the still scared Nancy to her feet. Cara gave you another grateful look and then went to help out with her Cabalmate. Leon nodded and sigh.
"Yeah...right...ok..."
He muttered. Udella had recovered some and had taken Cotta's pendant back and she was now in the middle of a Creo Ignem rote to burn the dead Nephanda's body. Olamide still sobbed but she had managed to get back to her feet anyway and Crexia was supporting her and stroking her hear in a comforting manner.
"We did what we had to Sodalis...shh we did what we had to..."

(OOC: Thank you, well now I am safely home.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Start with opening your eyes and freing yourself. Stop being blinded by hate, and then we shall see how that plays out.

The hedge wizard said she stood up streigther and dried her tears.
"I do not have his talent with healing, I know a few healing spells but nothing major, but I can do other things to help."
Tane let her go now that she had found the strenght to face her life again. Healing is not reserved for the flesh, Henrietta. You, here, at this moment, have healed, at least a little. Magick can't do a thing without love, care and the predisposal to heal. Those that doesn't want to heal start to turn into gangrene, and have to be severed, but most of the time you can actually help people.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Start with opening your eyes and freing yourself. Stop being blinded by hate, and then we shall see how that plays out.

"Emotions are emotions Tane. I can not just stop hating the Union."
Henrietta said and sigh.

Tane let her go now that she had found the strenght to face her life again. Healing is not reserved for the flesh, Henrietta. You, here, at this moment, have healed, at least a little.

"Well I suppose you are right about that Tane, healing of the mind is just as important as healing the flesh and yes I have healed...a little."
The hedge wizard muttered.

Magick can't do a thing without love, care and the predisposal to heal. Those that doesn't want to heal start to turn into gangrene, and have to be severed, but most of the time you can actually help people.

"Perhaps so, then again I am not sure that love and light are the only way to heal either, sometimes there are no love to give but yes offering help when one can, can feels nice."
She said then she gave you a small smile.
"And talking about that I should probably continue distracting our guests."
She said and indicated the two confused vampires.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 16, 2017 2:13 am

You get a glimpse of Cotta's memories, probably because Mia had integrated a part of her Avatar into herself, since you had not had flashes from other parts of the shard collective that made up your Avatar, perhaps memories from other than the core shard did not last long or perhaps there was some other reason. You see yourself standing there, gently tending to a bit of Pyramid flesh, a eye was growing out of the wall and a little further up a mouth complete with a tongue, you sprayed the flesh with a solution you had created yourself of a number of herbs, it helped keep the Labyrinth healthy and then lovingly massaged the solution into the wall. Suddenly a gold necklace dangled before you with an inscription in Swahili, your mother's homeland, we will dance the spiral of oblivion together forever, the inscription said, you turned to see your lover stand there, Warden smiled and wrapped her arms around you and muttered in the Dragon's Tongue, which you understood perfectly.
"Did I get the words right love?"
The flash of memory faded from your view but you think you might be able to get more flashes from Cotta's life which might give some insight into the Labyrinth if you opened up for it...off course what you get might be alike this memory as well, important for the now dead woman on the floor but not of tactical value.
Colin looked down at Cotta in silence for a moment, then frowned.

You felt cleaner and more centered as you cast your rote, it could not remove the guilt you felt over the lives you had taken, but it did focus your mind for the task ahead, it pushed the darker thoughts a little to the background, at least for now but off course those thoughts had to be dealt with eventually but for now your rote helped you regain your equilibrium.
He took a deep breath, shaking his head to loosen the last cobwebs, "Right... I'm balanced again..."

Cara gave you a nod back. A few minutes passed and then there was that slightly disorienting feeling as the time bubble ended and your group rejoined the regular time flow, it was not as bad as with longer bubbles though.
"We should move out."
Crexia said. Rosario nodded she helped the still scared Nancy to her feet. Cara gave you another grateful look and then went to help out with her Cabalmate. Leon nodded and sigh.
"Yeah...right...ok..."
He muttered. Udella had recovered some and had taken Cotta's pendant back and she was now in the middle of a Creo Ignem rote to burn the dead Nephanda's body. Olamide still sobbed but she had managed to get back to her feet anyway and Crexia was supporting her and stroking her hear in a comforting manner.
"We did what we had to Sodalis...shh we did what we had to..."
He stepped slowly over to Udella and watched her work, carefully trying to get a glimpse of the pendant without interrupting.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 4:19 am

He took a deep breath, shaking his head to loosen the last cobwebs, "Right... I'm balanced again..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Good we should move out as soon as the prisoner's remains are dealt with.

He stepped slowly over to Udella and watched her work, carefully trying to get a glimpse of the pendant without interrupting.

Udella finished her spell and a flash of white hot flame consumed Cotta's remains and her tools in an instant, a moment later nothing was left but a ash shape of her body and then that crumbled to dust. Noticing your interest the Quesitor handed you the pendant, you notice she have redness in her eyes and where holding back tears. The pendant itself was oval and made of gold, there where just a pattern of bumps and unevenness on the front of it with an inscription in a language you could not read but which currently felt so familiar on the back. As you look at the pendant you get another flash, it felt less real and Mia's own memories but was still there, you stood in a dark chamber, here the walls where all pink, bloated flesh, a boil where growing out of one corner, a mouth was forming on the floor and a large eye looked at you from the wall, you where playing with the necklace your lover had given you as you where arguing with Gabriel.
"I can do what you and Abigail ask, but I am not sure it is a good idea, such a spell while it might protect us, might turn right around and bite us in the ass as well."
You complain in the Nephandi language. Gabriel shrugs and takes another needle from his workbench and push it into the left eye of the woman bound to table in the middle of the room, she tried to scream but her mouth had been sewn shut, and besides she had screamed so much there was unlikely she had any voice left anyway.
"Perhaps so but we are vulnerable Cotta, several of the Chantries in the city are larger than us, currently our best protection other that Jodelle's children are secrecy and there is only one mis step needed to shatter that, we need something else."
The Nephandus argued as he put another needle into the eye of his prisoner, it was no longer about getting information from the Traditionalist, she had given up all she knew long ago, he was just playing now, burning her skin, crushing her bones and off course his favorite needles.
"We are also pretty vulnerable if this thing turn around and attack us Gabriel, and placing it that close to the Node...that is less of a protection and more of an insurance our enemies will go down with us if the Labyrinth is taken."
Your protest and again Gabriel shrug.
"It is the boss' orders there is nothing I can do about it."
He said then he turned and looked at something hidden in one of the corners, a little girl with blond hair and he went to lift her up and place her next to the torture table, the child who could hardly be older than six or seven started crying, a big, blue marble clutched in her little, cubby hand.
"Beautiful is it not my dear, a vision in suffering."
Gabriel said and indicated the bound woman who weekly mewled on the table, there where hardly an inch of skin on her body not marked by cuts, burns and bruises.
"But I think it is time to end her, there is only so much more fun she can give...watch closely now Stranger of Fetuses."
He said lovingly as he took a large, thick needle and a hammer and begun hammering it through the prisoner's eye and into her brain. The little girl was screaming in terror over what she was seeing and you where getting annoyed over being ignored.
"You are a bloody Prelate Gabriel you can talk to Abigail, stop playing with your toy and your apprentice and listen to me!"
You demanded as the other Nephandus decided the prisoner was still alive and he got out another needle to repeat the process in the other eye of the woman on the table.
"I can try Cotta but once the boss make up her mind...there is little anyone can do really so I would get your spell ingredients ready, and talk with Warden as well, she can assist you."
He ordered as he hammered the needle down, the little girl at his side looking over the edge of the table and screaming in horror. You sigh.
"Fine I just think it is a bad idea...also for fuck sake why are you making your apprentice watch this, you usually dote on her but she is clearly upset."
Gabriel shrugged and went for another long needle.
"She needs to get stronger...one day she will have your job Cotta and she needs to know to to subjugate her enemies."
He said but he still patted the head of the crying, terrified child with a bloody hand.
"She will enjoy this as much as I do one day."
He said and hammered a third needle into the prisoner's brain, the woman had stopped trying to scream and was just convulsing now and the little girl who was forced to watch fell to her knees, vomiting on the floor. You sigh and shake your head.
"It is none of my business how you treat your student, but she do not have it in her and I fear that if you continue with this you will turn her against us one day...but back to what we where discussing, I will do as you ask, but know it is against my better judgment and under protest, sometimes I wonder about our boss...wonder if she is all right in the head."
You said as you turn to leave the chamber with Gabriel gleefully hammering more needles into his prisoner's brain until she died and his little apprentice screaming in terror.

The vision ended but it left you with a feeling of unease, whatever it was Cotta had been ordered to create as a protection, it made her uneasy and angry as she feared for the Labyrinth she was tasked with protecting.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 16, 2017 6:19 am

"Yes it is...terrifying."Cara said and shivered she was sobbing softly then she nodded and accepted your gesture tentatively. "Y...yes...ok..." She muttered still crying.

He took her hand and gently held it, thinking of the crystalline water like feeling of her resonance he had sensed when they had worked magick together before. It had been focused, cool and strong, a clean feeling in a different way than his own. "We will get through this together."

A few minutes passed and then there was that slightly disorienting feeling as the time bubble ended and your group rejoined the regular time flow, it was not as bad as with longer bubbles though. "We should move out."

He blinked as he felt time shift again and then Crexia was informing them they needed to move on. He nodded, took a deep breath and looked at the others in the group. Morale was flagging after that ordeal and to boot the elder mages were tired as well as distressed. They'd lost people and had not been sent replacements, though time for the outside world would not have passed as quickly. But they could not stop now, they had not reached their objective. He straightened his shoulders and replied, "Yes ma'am..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 7:54 am

He took her hand and gently held it, thinking of the crystalline water like feeling of her resonance he had sensed when they had worked magick together before. It had been focused, cool and strong, a clean feeling in a different way than his own. "We will get through this together."

That clean. clear crystalline feeling was there still but now her energy was also nervous and very sad. You can feel one of the girl's imprints against your skin, and for a moment feel a Primordial Avatar the way it should be, a perfect en to a cycle, so a new could start, this was the way Beatrice's Forest God had been before...the Cauls, that imprint and the Avatar it was a part of slightly hummed to you but it felt upset now to, scared by seeing one of it's own kind destroyed. Cara gave a slight nod.
"Y...yeah...we have to..."
She muttered though she glanced at Cotta's still form now and again.
"I...never want to see something like that again."
The Criamon muttered.

He blinked as he felt time shift again and then Crexia was informing them they needed to move on. He nodded, took a deep breath and looked at the others in the group. Morale was flagging after that ordeal and to boot the elder mages were tired as well as distressed. They'd lost people and had not been sent replacements, though time for the outside world would not have passed as quickly. But they could not stop now, they had not reached their objective. He straightened his shoulders and replied, "Yes ma'am..."

"I will take point since I am the most durable, quite frankly...please keep our healer and guides safe...I did not expect reinforcements we are spread thin as it is, but we are getting low on manpower, everyone stay alert."
Crexia said as she begun to move, out of the hallway, expecting the rest of the group to come along. Cara and Rosario supported Nency and started moving as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am

Udella finished her spell and a flash of white hot flame consumed Cotta's remains and her tools in an instant, a moment later nothing was left but a ash shape of her body and then that crumbled to dust. Noticing your interest the Quesitor handed you the pendant, you notice she have redness in her eyes and where holding back tears. The pendant itself was oval and made of gold, there where just a pattern of bumps and unevenness on the front of it with an inscription in a language you could not read but which currently felt so familiar on the back. As you look at the pendant you get another flash, it felt less real and Mia's own memories but was still there, you stood in a dark chamber, here the walls where all pink, bloated flesh, a boil where growing out of one corner, a mouth was forming on the floor and a large eye looked at you from the wall, you where playing with the necklace your lover had given you as you where arguing with Gabriel.
"I can do what you and Abigail ask, but I am not sure it is a good idea, such a spell while it might protect us, might turn right around and bite us in the ass as well."
You complain in the Nephandi language. Gabriel shrugs and takes another needle from his workbench and push it into the left eye of the woman bound to table in the middle of the room, she tried to scream but her mouth had been sewn shut, and besides she had screamed so much there was unlikely she had any voice left anyway.
"Perhaps so but we are vulnerable Cotta, several of the Chantries in the city are larger than us, currently our best protection other that Jodelle's children are secrecy and there is only one mis step needed to shatter that, we need something else."
The Nephandus argued as he put another needle into the eye of his prisoner, it was no longer about getting information from the Traditionalist, she had given up all she knew long ago, he was just playing now, burning her skin, crushing her bones and off course his favorite needles.
"We are also pretty vulnerable if this thing turn around and attack us Gabriel, and placing it that close to the Node...that is less of a protection and more of an insurance our enemies will go down with us if the Labyrinth is taken."
Your protest and again Gabriel shrug.
"It is the boss' orders there is nothing I can do about it."
He said then he turned and looked at something hidden in one of the corners, a little girl with blond hair and he went to lift her up and place her next to the torture table, the child who could hardly be older than six or seven started crying, a big, blue marble clutched in her little, cubby hand.
"Beautiful is it not my dear, a vision in suffering."
Gabriel said and indicated the bound woman who weekly mewled on the table, there where hardly an inch of skin on her body not marked by cuts, burns and bruises.
"But I think it is time to end her, there is only so much more fun she can give...watch closely now Stranger of Fetuses."
He said lovingly as he took a large, thick needle and a hammer and begun hammering it through the prisoner's eye and into her brain. The little girl was screaming in terror over what she was seeing and you where getting annoyed over being ignored.
"You are a bloody Prelate Gabriel you can talk to Abigail, stop playing with your toy and your apprentice and listen to me!"
You demanded as the other Nephandus decided the prisoner was still alive and he got out another needle to repeat the process in the other eye of the woman on the table.
"I can try Cotta but once the boss make up her mind...there is little anyone can do really so I would get your spell ingredients ready, and talk with Warden as well, she can assist you."
He ordered as he hammered the needle down, the little girl at his side looking over the edge of the table and screaming in horror. You sigh.
"Fine I just think it is a bad idea...also for fuck sake why are you making your apprentice watch this, you usually dote on her but she is clearly upset."
Gabriel shrugged and went for another long needle.
"She needs to get stronger...one day she will have your job Cotta and she needs to know to to subjugate her enemies."
He said but he still patted the head of the crying, terrified child with a bloody hand.
"She will enjoy this as much as I do one day."
He said and hammered a third needle into the prisoner's brain, the woman had stopped trying to scream and was just convulsing now and the little girl who was forced to watch fell to her knees, vomiting on the floor. You sigh and shake your head.
"It is none of my business how you treat your student, but she do not have it in her and I fear that if you continue with this you will turn her against us one day...but back to what we where discussing, I will do as you ask, but know it is against my better judgment and under protest, sometimes I wonder about our boss...wonder if she is all right in the head."
You said as you turn to leave the chamber with Gabriel gleefully hammering more needles into his prisoner's brain until she died and his little apprentice screaming in terror.

The vision ended but it left you with a feeling of unease, whatever it was Cotta had been ordered to create as a protection, it made her uneasy and angry as she feared for the Labyrinth she was tasked with protecting.
Colin frowned at the pendant, then looked from Udella to Crexia, "I... have a concern about this... A moment in approximate private, miladies?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 11:07 am

Colin frowned at the pendant, then looked from Udella to Crexia, "I... have a concern about this... A moment in approximate private, miladies?"

Crexia was about to protect but then Udella held up her hand and the archimage sigh and nodded.
"Private might be hard but if you want to be alone for a minute I will allow it, but we can not spare more time than that."
She said as she regarded you and then sent the Quesitor a questioning look but the old Enforcer said nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Crexia was about to protect but then Udella held up her hand and the archimage sigh and nodded.
"Private might be hard but if you want to be alone for a minute I will allow it, but we can not spare more time than that."
She said as she regarded you and then sent the Quesitor a questioning look but the old Enforcer said nothing.
Colin nodded and waited until Crexia came over before showing the pendant and whispering, "My Avatar sort of... collects shards with which to rebuild herself. Theoretically, she could piece herself together into something larger and more powerful than any Mage has ever seen... and I just caught a few fragments of Cotta. This pendant was a gift from Warden; the inscription is Swahili, and says 'We will dance the spiral of oblivion together forever'... that bit is not important at the moment. I saw a memory, from seven or eight years back, perhaps, when Cotta was ordered to place... something near a Node. A spell, allegedly for defense, but judging by Cotta's concerns, more of a nuclear option - an insurance that when the Labyrinth goes, so does the neighbourhood, and the attackers."
He scratched the back of his neck, "There are... a few other details that worry me, but those are more of a personal nature, and I will look into those later. The important thing is, Cotta and Warden placed some sort of trap that will presumably kill everything in the area. Precisely what it is I can't say, but I would guess it is something within the realm of Spirits..."
He frowned at the pendant, "She really loved this... and Warden. I... wonder if perhaps I should hold on to it; I might be able to fish out more of her memories, though I suspect they would be mostly very... personal, and not so much strategic. She was really frightened by what she was ordered to do, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Colin nodded and waited until Crexia came over before showing the pendant and whispering, "My Avatar sort of... collects shards with which to rebuild herself.

"A shard...collective I have...heard of such souls but not in someone who have not spent a long time as an Umbreal traveler, some sleeper crew on Technocracy ships develop such Avatars...though I guess in theory one could be reborn."
Crexia said when she had come over to you and listened to what you had to say.

Theoretically, she could piece herself together into something larger and more powerful than any Mage has ever seen... and I just caught a few fragments of Cotta. This pendant was a gift from Warden; the inscription is Swahili, and says 'We will dance the spiral of oblivion together forever'... that bit is not important at the moment. I saw a memory, from seven or eight years back, perhaps, when Cotta was ordered to place... something near a Node. A spell, allegedly for defense, but judging by Cotta's concerns, more of a nuclear option - an insurance that when the Labyrinth goes, so does the neighbourhood, and the attackers."

"Hum...we did suspect the pendant was a keepsake from her lover. One moment young man."
The archmage said and she touched her head for a moment and muttered something in Latin then she opened her eyes and looked at the pendant and her eyes widened just a little.
"By the gods, you are right, that is Swahili and the wording of the inscription is right..."
She muttered.
"Very well you have my full attention, do you have any idea what this nuclear option might be? And where it might be placed?"
She said now suddenly concerned.

He scratched the back of his neck, "There are... a few other details that worry me, but those are more of a personal nature, and I will look into those later. The important thing is, Cotta and Warden placed some sort of trap that will presumably kill everything in the area. Precisely what it is I can't say, but I would guess it is something within the realm of Spirits..."

"Hum...we are going to have to perched with caution then, and what worry me is that we are not the only team down here."
The archmage said.
"For now all we can do is continue and pray we find this...trap before it is to late."

He frowned at the pendant, "She really loved this... and Warden. I... wonder if perhaps I should hold on to it; I might be able to fish out more of her memories, though I suspect they would be mostly very... personal, and not so much strategic. She was really frightened by what she was ordered to do, though..."

"I will tell Udella to hand it over to you, do see what you can find out and tell me immediately, what you saw of a more personal nature are you sure they are not relevant for our survival?"
She asked then she sigh.
"Well anything that scare a powerful old Nephandus are generally worth being afraid of...see what you can find out that is all we can do for the moment."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 16, 2017 12:54 pm

"A shard...collective I have...heard of such souls but not in someone who have not spent a long time as an Umbreal traveler, some sleeper crew on Technocracy ships develop such Avatars...though I guess in theory one could be reborn."
Crexia said when she had come over to you and listened to what you had to say.
Colin nodded, "She's a meticulous builder..."

"Hum...we did suspect the pendant was a keepsake from her lover. One moment young man."
The archmage said and she touched her head for a moment and muttered something in Latin then she opened her eyes and looked at the pendant and her eyes widened just a little.
"By the gods, you are right, that is Swahili and the wording of the inscription is right..."
She muttered.
"Very well you have my full attention, do you have any idea what this nuclear option might be? And where it might be placed?"
She said now suddenly concerned.
He shook his head, "I can only guess at either - the latter is the easier guess; it's close to a Node, which at least somewhat limits the probable locations... But from what I know of Abigail's penchant for subtlety, well... what would happen if a Ball of Abysmal Flame was detonated atop a reasonably powerful Node?"

"Hum...we are going to have to perched with caution then, and what worry me is that we are not the only team down here."
The archmage said.
"For now all we can do is continue and pray we find this...trap before it is to late."
He nodded, "We do have an advantage, though - as I understand it, we're the only team liable to engage in meddling with the Nodes. We're the ones most likely to find the trap, and since we're aware it's supposed to be there, we'll know to look."

"I will tell Udella to hand it over to you, do see what you can find out and tell me immediately, what you saw of a more personal nature are you sure they are not relevant for our survival?"
She asked then she sigh.
"Well anything that scare a powerful old Nephandus are generally worth being afraid of...see what you can find out that is all we can do for the moment."
He nodded, "Fairly certain... It was Gabriel torturing a Traditionalist prisoner and trying to toughen his apprentice by showing her... No wonder she hates that, ah, playroom of his... Cotta used an herbal solution of her own creation to treat the fleshy bits of the Labyrinth; bugger if I know what sort of herbs, though... and... I can see Spirits now; I'll have to research a little more, but I saw the water elemental over there," he nodded toward the corner where she stood, "and the bloody, jagged stones here... and... I understand what the Fallen said, even if they spoke in their own... way. I hope that was Cotta's memory translating, though..."
He frowned at the pendant, "I... can try to scry across time; I discovered I can do that under... unpleasant circumstances. Cotta's fragments, her pendant, and the approximate year should be able to serve as a... reliable homing beacon. I might be able to at least determine the location, if not the exact nature of what they did..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Colin nodded, "She's a meticulous builder..."

"Crafty little bugger then."
Crexia said with a small smile.

He shook his head, "I can only guess at either - the latter is the easier guess; it's close to a Node, which at least somewhat limits the probable locations... But from what I know of Abigail's penchant for subtlety, well... what would happen if a Ball of Abysmal Flame was detonated atop a reasonably powerful Node?"

Only Crexia's carefully practiced demeanor saved her from showing her worry.
"That would be...catastrophic...it could take out...the city and kill everyone within it's limits...all of the city, if it was crafted well enough but surly, not even Abigail would be crazy enough for something like that."
She muttered.
"We are going to have to carefully scan around the Nodes then..."

He nodded, "We do have an advantage, though - as I understand it, we're the only team liable to engage in meddling with the Nodes. We're the ones most likely to find the trap, and since we're aware it's supposed to be there, we'll know to look."

"You do have a good point, hopefully we can find this trap and deal with it before it go off and hope Abigail do not consider the Labyrinth lost and try to activate it before we can find it."

He nodded, "Fairly certain... It was Gabriel torturing a Traditionalist prisoner and trying to toughen his apprentice by showing her... No wonder she hates that, ah, playroom of his... Cotta used an herbal solution of her own creation to treat the fleshy bits of the Labyrinth; bugger if I know what sort of herbs, though... and... I can see Spirits now; I'll have to research a little more, but I saw the water elemental over there," he nodded toward the corner where she stood, "and the bloody, jagged stones here... and... I understand what the Fallen said, even if they spoke in their own... way. I hope that was Cotta's memory translating, though..."

Crexia raised an eyebrow.
"You understood the Dragon's Tongue...I would not speak to loud about that if I where you, and yes let us hope it was the memory translating."
She said and glanced around to see who could have overheard and found no one close enough.
"It seams this Gabriel had a...unique way to train apprentice, poor girl she have to be traumatized...but yes you are correct those details are not as relevant right at the moment."
She said and nodded.

He frowned at the pendant, "I... can try to scry across time; I discovered I can do that under... unpleasant circumstances. Cotta's fragments, her pendant, and the approximate year should be able to serve as a... reliable homing beacon. I might be able to at least determine the location, if not the exact nature of what they did..."

The archmage nodded her approval.
"It is not a bad idea, try it we will wait until you are done, but be careful and do not get lost in what you see."
She said and held up a hand to get you to wait before she walked over to Udella to retrieve Cotta's pendant, then she walked over to you and handed you the little gold trinket.
"Here see what you can make of it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 16, 2017 2:17 pm

"Crafty little bugger then."
Crexia said with a small smile.
Colin grinned, "The best, though the long-term concerns are... worrying."

Only Crexia's carefully practiced demeanor saved her from showing her worry.
"That would be...catastrophic...it could take out...the city and kill everyone within it's limits...all of the city, if it was crafted well enough but surly, not even Abigail would be crazy enough for something like that."
She muttered.
"We are going to have to carefully scan around the Nodes then..."
He nodded, "So likely something of slightly lesser magnitude. This would be something that has ripened and been left undisturbed for seven years or so - so likely, it's some working which does not suck up additional Quintessence from sources in close proximity. Most likely, I think, it's either an attack on every Avatar in the complex, powered by the closest Node and on a hair trigger, hopefully only accessible by Cotta and Warden, but most likely Abigail, too, or it's some sort of berserk button for the Labyrinth creature. Either way, it's not going to be a pleasant thing to find..."

"You do have a good point, hopefully we can find this trap and deal with it before it go off and hope Abigail do not consider the Labyrinth lost and try to activate it before we can find it."
He nodded.

Crexia raised an eyebrow.
"You understood the Dragon's Tongue...I would not speak to loud about that if I where you, and yes let us hope it was the memory translating."
She said and glanced around to see who could have overheard and found no one close enough.
"It seams this Gabriel had a...unique way to train apprentice, poor girl she have to be traumatized...but yes you are correct those details are not as relevant right at the moment."
She said and nodded.
He scratched the back of his head, "I understood... the meaning of the conversation, but I don't... think I understood a single word of it. I hope I didn't. The implications of that would be unpalatable... and I already knew I had a number of Fallen fragments in my soul, which I'll need to try to straighten out. I... might have an easier time of it than a Mage with a fully Fallen Avatar, actually - though I'm going to need help."
He sighed, "Gabriel doted on her like none other, but he was harsh when it came to preparing her for... adulthood, I suppose. At least this does give me a few... fair warnings for when I take her on, myself."

The archmage nodded her approval.
"It is not a bad idea, try it we will wait until you are done, but be careful and do not get lost in what you see."
She said and held up a hand to get you to wait before she walked over to Udella to retrieve Cotta's pendant, then she walked over to you and handed you the little gold trinket.
"Here see what you can make of it."
He nodded and fished out his Time-attuned monocle, and began, clasping the precious piece of jewelry gently, "Videre praeterita, metu opus prope nodi in memoriae..."

((OOC: So, Time 2, and with what pretty much should count as one hell of a sympathetic focus... Arete rolls: 3,4,0 - 5,9,9 - 8,9,0... That should be well over the success cap already... If Colin had a chance to see it, he sees it. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Colin grinned, "The best, though the long-term concerns are... worrying."

Crexia nodded then she frowned.
"Yes try not to pick up to many Nephandi...pieces..."
She muttered.
"That can't be good for you."

He nodded, "So likely something of slightly lesser magnitude. This would be something that has ripened and been left undisturbed for seven years or so - so likely, it's some working which does not suck up additional Quintessence from sources in close proximity. Most likely, I think, it's either an attack on every Avatar in the complex, powered by the closest Node and on a hair trigger, hopefully only accessible by Cotta and Warden, but most likely Abigail, too, or it's some sort of berserk button for the Labyrinth creature. Either way, it's not going to be a pleasant thing to find..."

"Well let us hope for option two and not option one, though I doubt Abigail would do something that would endanger Fallen souls in the area as well."
The old Tytalus said.
"Well there is little point in speculating in what sort of trap it is, we can however be sure that whatever it is will be dangerous so we are going to have to find it quickly and yes I agree it is likely that Abigail can activate the trap as well, which worries me for things are not looking good for the Labyrinth at the moment."

He scratched the back of his head, "I understood... the meaning of the conversation, but I don't... think I understood a single word of it. I hope I didn't. The implications of that would be unpalatable... and I already knew I had a number of Fallen fragments in my soul, which I'll need to try to straighten out. I... might have an easier time of it than a Mage with a fully Fallen Avatar, actually - though I'm going to need help."

"Hum yes let us hope you did not understand the words and those fallen shards...take my advice young man and do not let anyone you do not explicitly trust examine your Avatar, not that I would assume you would do that willy nily but even so, if you get enemies those shard might end up becoming very dangerous for you."

He sighed, "Gabriel doted on her like none other, but he was harsh when it came to preparing her for... adulthood, I suppose. At least this does give me a few... fair warnings for when I take her on, myself."

"Fair warning? You are thinking the girl might attack you due to how she was raised and trained?"
Crexia said as she regarded you.
"Do be careful, even if the girl is a child, she is still a Nephandus, and a traumatized and scared Nephandus it seams she will not be safe to be around."

He nodded and fished out his Time-attuned monocle, and began, clasping the precious piece of jewelry gently, "Videre praeterita, metu opus prope nodi in memoriae..."

You stand in the middle of the Labyrinth's main Node, a spine grow up the wall and a heart is beating in the floor, several deformed gentianella where slowly moving in one corner, you felt at home in this room, but right now you where scared. You see your lover across the room from you, sweat was running down her face, your chanting was in tune with hers as you carved symbols into your arm, that hurt but the pain helped to keep you sharp and focuses.
"The connection is complete...I can activate the spell..."
Warden muttered and you nodded.
"Are you sure we should do this...a portal into Oblivion...if this go wrong we will all be sucked in."
You protest.
"It is this or being given to Gabriel for his playtime and I would rather cease to exist in the center of the underworld than that."
Your lover commented but she to was scared.
"When this is done I am so getting drunk..."
She commented and you nodded, when this was done, assuming you lived you would curl up with the woman you loved and enough acohol to down an elephant.
"Yeah...I hear you...for now let us finish this working...and pray that we do not mess it up...fuck this is insane..."
You complained and you started to cut your own flesh again.

The vision ended abruptly but some of Cotta's fear remained as you stood there recovering, and now you felt something else there, a small presence a bubble of something dancing around you, just like Mara had described before you went with her to your workshop, something attracted by the time bubble a moment earlier and your own time magick.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Crexia nodded then she frowned.
"Yes try not to pick up to many Nephandi...pieces..."
She muttered.
"That can't be good for you."
Colin nodded, "I don't know that I can prevent it - and I do have the advantage that unlike most, I won't be... injured by them. Fragments that might otherwise stick in someone's Avatar and cause damage will just be scooped up by me, and that's another reason for me to want to accomplish Avatar cleansing. The power is irrelevant, but being able to mend twisted and broken fragments, even if only within myself... that'd be an incredible asset in the war, wouldn't you think?"

"Hum yes let us hope you did not understand the words and those fallen shards...take my advice young man and do not let anyone you do not explicitly trust examine your Avatar, not that I would assume you would do that willy nily but even so, if you get enemies those shard might end up becoming very dangerous for you."
He smiled wryly, "There's one I trust to look; anyone else trying to look without permission, well... she prefers a measure of privacy, and she's liable to respond harshly. Likely not as harshly as the... particular Master in town, but harshly nonetheless..."

"Fair warning? You are thinking the girl might attack you due to how she was raised and trained?"
Crexia said as she regarded you.
"Do be careful, even if the girl is a child, she is still a Nephandus, and a traumatized and scared Nephandus it seams she will not be safe to be around."
He shook his head, "No, I don't think she'd be liable to attack... She's an excellent counterspeller, but she doesn't seem to have the necessary aggression for the direct damage-dealing sort of spells... I'm more worried that she might be triggered into a flight reflex, which would be far worse in many ways..."

You stand in the middle of the Labyrinth's main Node, a spine grow up the wall and a heart is beating in the floor, several deformed gentianella where slowly moving in one corner, you felt at home in this room, but right now you where scared. You see your lover across the room from you, sweat was running down her face, your chanting was in tune with hers as you carved symbols into your arm, that hurt but the pain helped to keep you sharp and focuses.
"The connection is complete...I can activate the spell..."
Warden muttered and you nodded.
"Are you sure we should do this...a portal into Oblivion...if this go wrong we will all be sucked in."
You protest.
"It is this or being given to Gabriel for his playtime and I would rather cease to exist in the center of the underworld than that."
Your lover commented but she to was scared.
"When this is done I am so getting drunk..."
She commented and you nodded, when this was done, assuming you lived you would curl up with the woman you loved and enough acohol to down an elephant.
"Yeah...I hear you...for now let us finish this working...and pray that we do not mess it up...fuck this is insane..."
You complained and you started to cut your own flesh again.

The vision ended abruptly but some of Cotta's fear remained as you stood there recovering, and now you felt something else there, a small presence a bubble of something dancing around you, just like Mara had described before you went with her to your workshop, something attracted by the time bubble a moment earlier and your own time magick.
He paled, eyes wide, "Oh, bloody hell... it's not a bomb... at the main Node, there's a... portal straight to Oblivion. We've got to find a way to close that before the Labyrinth is demolished, we can't leave that thing open..."
He looked down at the backs of his hands, the hairs there bristling with fear, then he glanced up toward the bubble and gave it a dirty look, "And now there's another time bubble trying to tell me something, it seems... C'mere, you..."
He reached out to try to touch the bubble, "Let's see what I need to see this time..."

((OOC: A portal to Oblivion. Colin's after-action report is going to be... interesting. Razz Morgan's going to have kittens. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Colin nodded, "I don't know that I can prevent it - and I do have the advantage that unlike most, I won't be... injured by them. Fragments that might otherwise stick in someone's Avatar and cause damage will just be scooped up by me, and that's another reason for me to want to accomplish Avatar cleansing. The power is irrelevant, but being able to mend twisted and broken fragments, even if only within myself... that'd be an incredible asset in the war, wouldn't you think?"

"It would be an assert indeed and if it can then be expended to cleansing fully healthy Avatars then it would be even better if the damage the Caul do could be undone..."
Crexia said and her eyes wandered to a faraway place for a moment then she sigh.
"This is something many would use against you though so be careful who you tell or you might not get the chance to see what good you can do with it."
The archmage said with a concerned look in her eyes.

He smiled wryly, "There's one I trust to look; anyone else trying to look without permission, well... she prefers a measure of privacy, and she's liable to respond harshly. Likely not as harshly as the... particular Master in town, but harshly nonetheless..."

"I see, well that is probably a good thing."
Crexia said.
"Just keep it in mind to be careful."

He shook his head, "No, I don't think she'd be liable to attack... She's an excellent counterspeller, but she doesn't seem to have the necessary aggression for the direct damage-dealing sort of spells... I'm more worried that she might be triggered into a flight reflex, which would be far worse in many ways..."

"I see, well she is a captured Nephandus she is likely to try to flee flee if she are able, she probably know what we do with captured Fallen."
Crexia said and looked at Cotta's ashes.
"Try to avoid her fleeing though, it will spoil any tiny chance you might be able to buy her."

He paled, eyes wide, "Oh, bloody hell... it's not a bomb... at the main Node, there's a... portal straight to Oblivion. We've got to find a way to close that before the Labyrinth is demolished, we can't leave that thing open..."

Crexia gave a long string of words in Greek that would have made Jeffry Morgan blush.
"Damned crazy Nephandi bitch! Well then we have our work cut out for us it seams, do you know anything more about this portal? I doubt it will just let us waltz up to it and close it."
She muttered outwardly calm but her eyes showed some stress.

He looked down at the backs of his hands, the hairs there bristling with fear, then he glanced up toward the bubble and gave it a dirty look, "And now there's another time bubble trying to tell me something, it seems... C'mere, you..."

Crexia gave you a confused look.
"A time bubble? You mean like when you had the vision when I watched you sleep after Warden's attempt on your Avatar?"

He reached out to try to touch the bubble, "Let's see what I need to see this time..."

Boston November:

Your hand reached the bubble and then you where no longer standing in the Labyrinth corridor, you where on your way down the stairs to Steelhaven's basement a plate of food in your hands, some pasta, a bit of the lime green yellow Anna liked, a glass of milk and a bright blue marble, a peace offering. Things had not been easy since you took over the responsibility for the young Nephandus, first of all being locked up all day was not fun for a child, even if you had gotten her some games and books, things to do and you tried to spend as much time with her as possible, Freddy helped out to with that, as did Beatrice on her good days when she could leave her bed, but even so the girl spent far to much time alone down here...then there where the trial and possible...result of that and Anna was terrified, some days she would smile and play with her games or read, other times you found her in corners of her small cell terrified out of her mind, and then there was the nightmares...and the injections which where not going...well. This morning negotiation to get her to sit still willingly had failed and you had to drag her out from her hiding spot in the closet and give her the serum while holding her down, the child had cried herself to sleep after that and refused to eat breakfast or lunch, that was common enough, if she got to upset she simply would refuse to eat and she would get sick. The whole situation was not good for her, not the constant fear of what was likely to happen to her, not the stress over the injections, not being locked in a cellar room and her poor health was getting worse. You found young Kyle outside the girl's door, he had probably heard her being upset and had gone to check on her, he could not open the door though, only you and Freddy had keys, but you could hear him softly speaking with Anna though the door.
"Listen I got a new game here the other day...you can bowwow it..."
The young mage offered then he sigh.
"I know...the trial stress you out...it do me as well I...got my summons to Horizon...yesterday I..."
He said and tried to hide his fear from the girl on the other side of the door.
"But it is going to be okey...I am sure about it...you will be fine."
He said then looked up when you came into the corridor and moved away from the door.
"I am in your way...sorry Sir..."
He commented and gave you a small, drawn smile, the fear of what might happen in the future where no easier to handle for the young widderslainte than it was for Anna.
"I just heard her crying when passing by here, I thought she could do with someone to talk with."
The kid commented and scratched his hair.

(OOC: Many, many kittens. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 pm

"Y...yeah...we have to..." She muttered though she glanced at Cotta's still form now and again. "I...never want to see something like that again."

"I hope you do not have to; for now though let us try to calm down so we can fulfill our duties," he said in a mild tone. "It is a shame but I do not speak German yet but I have found part of this poem to be helpful in hard times," he said. "'Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Only press on: no feeling is final. Don't let yourself be cut off from me. Nearby is a country known as Life.'" He hoped if he could feel her avatar's sadness and fear then perhaps hers could sense some measure of the conviction of his own.

"I will take point since I am the most durable, quite frankly...please keep our healer and guides safe...I did not expect reinforcements we are spread thin as it is, but we are getting low on manpower, everyone stay alert."

He retrieved the other items if they had not been taken from the floor and handed them over to the elder maga. Then he took a defensive position.

He glanced at Colin a moment, wondering what was going on but then waited, keeping watch until they had concluded their business. He turned to the others and said, "I know what we just witnessed was...terrible and it will weigh heavily upon us all in due time. But we will need to stay together to complete our task, our mind our bodies and our spirits, united in purpose. It might seem like I am exaggerating when I say the world is at stake but I am not. We must stop the Nephandi from completing their plans and we must not relinquish hope. If anyone has any words to lift our spirits so we may complete the necessary task, I welcome them."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue May 16, 2017 5:32 pm

"Emotions are emotions Tane. I can not just stop hating the Union."
I didn't say that. Just don't be rash and give anyone not trying to kill you the benefit of doubt
Tane smiled and patted her head. You go do that. Sorry gentlemen, i won't take more of your time. he said readying to leave
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Adley:

"I hope you do not have to; for now though let us try to calm down so we can fulfill our duties," he said in a mild tone.

Cara looked at you and nodded she was still shivering a bit and she looked miserable but she was at least calmer.

"It is a shame but I do not speak German yet but I have found part of this poem to be helpful in hard times," he said. "'Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Only press on: no feeling is final. Don't let yourself be cut off from me. Nearby is a country known as Life.'" He hoped if he could feel her avatar's sadness and fear then perhaps hers could sense some measure of the conviction of his own.

The Criamon looked at you.
"That is...beautiful Sodalis."
She muttered. You could feel her Avatar calming down, could feel it though her imprints as it observed you though his host and the pair of them seamed to stop panicking.
"Thank you Sodalis, I think I am ok now, that I can continue..."
Cara said softly.

He retrieved the other items if they had not been taken from the floor and handed them over to the elder maga. Then he took a defensive position.

Udella nodded her thanks to you and put the items with the dead Nephandus before she burned her body so her tools burned with their owner.

He glanced at Colin a moment, wondering what was going on but then waited, keeping watch until they had concluded their business. He turned to the others and said, "I know what we just witnessed was...terrible and it will weigh heavily upon us all in due time. But we will need to stay together to complete our task, our mind our bodies and our spirits, united in purpose. It might seem like I am exaggerating when I say the world is at stake but I am not. We must stop the Nephandi from completing their plans and we must not relinquish hope. If anyone has any words to lift our spirits so we may complete the necessary task, I welcome them."

You notice that Crexia looked rather concerned while she was talking with Colin, something was worrying the old Tytalus. Rosario glanced up as you spoke.
"I want to run away and never look back. I do not want to see something like that again and we know if we do capture any of the Nephandi here, that is what will happen to them, only it will be on Horizon but that do not make it better. I want to run but I can not for I have a Mentor, and two sisters and one of my sisters have a little girl. I have an uncle and a mother and all of them are in danger if the Nephandi win. I hate what this war make us do. I hate it, we should not have to do these things and I might never forgive myselves for what we do down here, but we have to...for everyone."
The Cultist muttered and Cara nodded.
"My Cabalmate are right...we have to do this, for my little apprentice...for my old Mentor and the sleepers who do not know that factions of mages fight one another for the fate of the world...so we...have to continue no matter what it will personally cost us...no matter if the price will be high."
The Criamon said. Olamide nodded she dried her tears.
"We do...what we must..."
She muttered.

Tane:

I didn't say that. Just don't be rash and give anyone not trying to kill you the benefit of doubt

"Perhaps but that would not include the Union, they have the Pogrom, they want us all dead, individual Technocrats though...perhaps some of them have some redeeming qualities."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"And perhaps I should see them as individuals, we are at war though...and we can not forget that either."

Tane smiled and patted her head. You go do that. Sorry gentlemen, i won't take more of your time. he said readying to leave

The two vampires looked at you, still looking confused, and pained. Henrietta gave you a smile.
"Come find me when I am not on duty Tane...I have something else to discuss with you as well, but it concerns our society and is not something I would bother strangers with."
She added softly and gave the vampires an apologetic look.
"No offense of course gentlemen."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Chicago, Today:
"It would be an assert indeed and if it can then be expended to cleansing fully healthy Avatars then it would be even better if the damage the Caul do could be undone..."
Crexia said and her eyes wandered to a faraway place for a moment then she sigh.
"This is something many would use against you though so be careful who you tell or you might not get the chance to see what good you can do with it."
The archmage said with a concerned look in her eyes.
Colin smiled wryly, "Oh, I do believe I am fairly cautious with who I can trust with such information..."

"I see, well she is a captured Nephandus she is likely to try to flee flee if she are able, she probably know what we do with captured Fallen."
Crexia said and looked at Cotta's ashes.
"Try to avoid her fleeing though, it will spoil any tiny chance you might be able to buy her."
He nodded, "Scaring her off would probably be the worst thing I could accidentally do."

Crexia gave a long string of words in Greek that would have made Jeffry Morgan blush.
"Damned crazy Nephandi bitch! Well then we have our work cut out for us it seams, do you know anything more about this portal? I doubt it will just let us waltz up to it and close it."
She muttered outwardly calm but her eyes showed some stress.
He shook his head, "Cotta and Warden set it up in the main Node chamber... There was a spine on the wall and a heart in the floor there, and they promised themselves to get good and drunk afterwards..."
He frowned, "The portal is in the main Node chamber... As a fairly easily testable hypothesis, the Node powers the portal directly; if we try to tamper with the portal, it might blow... but what if we use my Rote to drain the Node, to cut the power?"

Crexia gave you a confused look.
"A time bubble? You mean like when you had the vision when I watched you sleep after Warden's attempt on your Avatar?"
He nodded, "Yes, or like I had earlier, when I was working in another time bubble to make... an item for a Chantrymate, and one of our Deacons said there was a bubble of the future following me."

Boston, November:
Your hand reached the bubble and then you where no longer standing in the Labyrinth corridor, you where on your way down the stairs to Steelhaven's basement a plate of food in your hands, some pasta, a bit of the lime green yellow Anna liked, a glass of milk and a bright blue marble, a peace offering. Things had not been easy since you took over the responsibility for the young Nephandus, first of all being locked up all day was not fun for a child, even if you had gotten her some games and books, things to do and you tried to spend as much time with her as possible, Freddy helped out to with that, as did Beatrice on her good days when she could leave her bed, but even so the girl spent far to much time alone down here...then there where the trial and possible...result of that and Anna was terrified, some days she would smile and play with her games or read, other times you found her in corners of her small cell terrified out of her mind, and then there was the nightmares...and the injections which where not going...well. This morning negotiation to get her to sit still willingly had failed and you had to drag her out from her hiding spot in the closet and give her the serum while holding her down, the child had cried herself to sleep after that and refused to eat breakfast or lunch, that was common enough, if she got to upset she simply would refuse to eat and she would get sick. The whole situation was not good for her, not the constant fear of what was likely to happen to her, not the stress over the injections, not being locked in a cellar room and her poor health was getting worse. You found young Kyle outside the girl's door, he had probably heard her being upset and had gone to check on her, he could not open the door though, only you and Freddy had keys, but you could hear him softly speaking with Anna though the door.
"Listen I got a new game here the other day...you can bowwow it..."
The young mage offered then he sigh.
"I know...the trial stress you out...it do me as well I...got my summons to Horizon...yesterday I..."
He said and tried to hide his fear from the girl on the other side of the door.
"But it is going to be okey...I am sure about it...you will be fine."
He said then looked up when you came into the corridor and moved away from the door.
"I am in your way...sorry Sir..."
He commented and gave you a small, drawn smile, the fear of what might happen in the future where no easier to handle for the young widderslainte than it was for Anna.
"I just heard her crying when passing by here, I thought she could do with someone to talk with."
The kid commented and scratched his hair.
Colin smiled warmly to Kyle, "You're not at all in my way, son. In fact... I think your friendship is one of the best things Anna can get right now; the work on a less terrifying way to restrain her is going much too slow, and she'll need someone roughly her own age for comfort."
He gave the kid a mock-hairy eyeball, "I trust you aren't planning on any untoward advances to my sweet little girl?"
He chuckled softly for a moment, "Ah, don't worry; I expect your father and your Mentor have already given you that talk, and I'm not the sort to wave a shotgun around threateningly."
He fished up the key from the chain around his neck and unlocked the cell, "We're coming in, Anna; I've got a treat and a present for you... It's a sorry excuse for an apology, but I hope you'll like it."
He looked down at Kyle, "By the way, Kyle, what sort of game did you get? I do have some standards as to what I'll easily allow, after all... You are familiar with the concept of trigger warnings, I hope?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 am

"That is...beautiful Sodalis." She muttered. You could feel her Avatar calming down, could feel it though her imprints as it observed you though his host and the pair of them seamed to stop panicking.
"Thank you Sodalis, I think I am ok now, that I can continue..."
Cara said softly.

"There is a duality in it, I feel...I don't believe the words to advocate unresponsive passivity but a kind of necessary perseverance, but the poem evokes much personal reflection," he said in a thoughtful tone. "I take heart in that aspect," he said and then as he let her hand go, drawing his hand back down to his side.

You notice that Crexia looked rather concerned while she was talking with Colin, something was worrying the old Tytalus.

Rosario glanced up as you spoke."I want to run away and never look back... I hate it, we should not have to do these things and I might never forgive myselves for what we do down here, but we have to...for everyone." The Cultist muttered and Cara nodded. "My Cabalmate are right... Olamide nodded she dried her tears. "We do...what we must..."

He didn't like the look on Crexia's face. For something to worry her it did not bode well. He glanced at Udella and then returned his attention towards Rosario as she began to speak. He listened to each of them as they spoke and nodded. "Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next