Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 17 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 11:32 am

You swing at the female briar spirit and she brings up her arm to block, your sword bite deep and true into that hand, removing the magick binding her together and as the spirit makes a rattling shriek her left hand fall to the floor like twigs, then she lounge at you in a rage, swinging her whip at you. The lunge are rather desperate though, and you think that if you maneuver the right way you can get her off balance, but that will also make it far harder to dodge her attack this time.

(OOC: That is quite possible yes, and yes blocking Adley and Udella's work might not be a good idea, then again Udella can probably inweave Colin's effects pretty easily if she had to but it is best if there is nothing in their way.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed May 10, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misunderstanding.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 17 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Wed May 10, 2017 12:12 pm

((OOC: Sorry if I was unclear, but Colin went in to smack with the "sword", not his bare hands. Or did that dissipate between striking the water elemental once and trying to lock her in?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 2:05 pm

(OOC: No the sword still have some juice left, let me just rewrite that, sorry I am hopeless with narrating battle situation.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm

You swing at the female briar spirit and she brings up her arm to block, your sword bite deep and true into that hand, removing the magick binding her together and as the spirit makes a rattling shriek her left hand fall to the floor like twigs, then she lounge at you in a rage, swinging her whip at you. The lunge are rather desperate though, and you think that if you maneuver the right way you can get her off balance, but that will also make it far harder to dodge her attack this time.
Colin let out a discomforted grunt as he reflexively tried to avoid the viny whip. Sidestepping was not a likely course of action with an injured leg like that, and getting hit was also unpalatable... He lurched forward, trying to get well inside of the whiplash's swing radius, the immaterial sword raised and ready to swing at the creature's approximate neck.

((OOC: Looking at the combat charts... there's no parry mechanic listed. That's weird. But, dodge roll comes to 3,6,7,8. Not horrible, but could've been a little better still.))

((OOC2: Quite alright; an easy detail to miss.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 4:25 pm

You suppress the natural urge to move away and lurch forward, and by that avoiding the whip, it missed it's target and fell harmlessly, you where now in close quarter with the spirit and she hissed at you. It seamed that you had managed to maneuver yourself into position to swing your sword at the creature's exposed neck, and with you this close her pain weapon was basically useless and she was left with kicking trying to hit your wounded leg, something which would probably hurt if the kick impacted, but she missed, only lightly brushing past your wounds, then again thorny wood scraping against your burned skin is not a plesant sensation.

(OOC: That have to be in there somewhere, perhaps they have called it something fancy so it is hard to find? I have to have a look.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 10, 2017 5:31 pm

"Nulwah." You see Cotta shot the Umbrood a glare she was not please that she had told you her name, she was not pleased at all. The water elemental looked at you. "Thank you one with liquid fire within...let me be destroyed rather than this...I am so sorry I do not want to crash my waves over anyone...I have no choice, this is not my purpose."

His eyes widened as he saw the Umbrood take a blow from Colin and not even try to defend itself, it probably had not been given orders to safeguard itself nor protect its Name. A lesson he was going to remember well, assuming they got out of this mess. Yet she kept attacking them anyway, whatever it was he had done to her.

"Sodalis, can you either assist me trying to free this Umbrood...or fulfill her other wish, or if you would rather try to keep the wounded out of harms way while I work?" The Quesitor asked.

The truth was it was difficult to protect others against such an attack, they were unpredictable and strong and there were wounded on the ground. But then a crazy idea came over him as he addressed the Umbrood as well as Udella, who was a smart woman and probably figure out what he was trying to do soon enough. "Were you given specific orders on attacking all of us? Because if not, just attack me!" This was going to take all his attention soon enough so he quickly added, "Someone, please keep defending against the other spirits," he requested. At least he had a shield on and he was about to pull out his best stops not to get bitten while the other, stronger magii took care of her. If he could keep her busy that was the best way he could think of defending the others for now. It didn't seem that the Umbrood had given specific instructions and so if she was able to use the same, admittedly strong, charm over and over he might be able to stay out of the way.

// OOC parry is under defensive maneuvers, defense phase, detail is on pg. 411 and it is on the summary combat chart on 445 of M20 and the mechanic is the same as block for dice pool, dex+melee (or martial arts).

The idea here is to keep out of the way of the others and lure the Umbrood to attack him instead of the prone people while the stronger mages try to get her free and the rest deal with the briar golems. Since I'm out the door, I'll leave some dodge rolls in case it works so I don't hold up the combat: 7, 6, 6, 9, 6; 4, 5, 6, 7, 0, 9 If he gets hit, he does have two shields on, the kinetic one and a spirit one

Also I'm just wondering did Colin's spell on his shoes have any sort of effect besides making him feel grounded? I'm wondering as Adley is about to do a whole lot of running around this room probably >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 7:12 pm

The truth was it was difficult to protect others against such an attack, they were unpredictable and strong and there were wounded on the ground. But then a crazy idea came over him as he addressed the Umbrood as well as Udella, who was a smart woman and probably figure out what he was trying to do soon enough. "Were you given specific orders on attacking all of us? Because if not, just attack me!"

The water elemental gave you a puzzled look for a moment then she gave a sad nod.
"Just attacking you carrier of the liquid flame is within my orders...I am sorry, forgive me."
She said as the ground begun to rumble under your feet again, at least there where some forewarning before her jaws appeared.

This was going to take all his attention soon enough so he quickly added, "Someone, please keep defending against the other spirits," he requested.

"We will do our best Sodalis...be careful."
Olamide said as she sent a bolt of fire against the briar spirit who where fighting with Colin, careful not to hit the Orphan with her rote, then she glanced out into nothing or rather the Umbra to look for the spirit's male friend, so she could banish him before he returned. The dark blob with the tentacles seamed to be gone, banished something dark and unpleasant, so it was the water elemental and the two briar spirits left, one of which had been forced to abandon his physical form and where lurking in the Umbra.

At least he had a shield on and he was about to pull out his best stops not to get bitten while the other, stronger magii took care of her. If he could keep her busy that was the best way he could think of defending the others for now. It didn't seem that the Umbrood had given specific instructions and so if she was able to use the same, admittedly strong, charm over and over he might be able to stay out of the way.

You run around the small corridor, there where not much room to dodge the water elemental's Charm, and not have her hit any of the others. You see Crexia and Udella begin their working, it was clear they had caught on to your idea and you hear Udella speak.
"Nulwah Fluctus ab domine Oceanum, ut sublevet a te vincula saeva!"
The Quesitor begun, her voice firm and authoritative as if she was passing judgment on a prisoner brought before her, in this case though the judgment fell on the magick binding Nulwah.
"Vincere verbis amplius, servitutis libere concedo!"
Udella continued, Crexia followed along and spoke the same words, the two working perfectly in sync as they battled Cotta's hold on the water elemental.
"Nulwah Illa liberata nomine appellem apparueris mihi servit. Per auctoritatem tui nominis vocare vobis faciam!"

As the two older maga worked to free or if that was not possible destroy Nulwah you get a bit of a workout dodging jaws that just keep coming up out of the floor, again and again, as soon as one set of razor sharp teeth snap shut as you dodge it another rumbles under your feet. It is the rumbling that save you, it give you time to dodge, but this jumping around is both nerve wrecking and tiring, there is a limit to how long you can do this...and then your shield is hit, you are saved but you are knocked of your feet, and then the rumbling start again, right under you and getting up again in time will be hard...but then the rumbling stops...it just stops as if it was never there...leaving you sitting on the floor, unharmed.

Nulwah's form drops to the floor and become a pool of salt water that splash as it hits the stone floor, and then you see her, now in her non corporal natural form standing before Udella and Crexia, the Umbrood wept but the attacks had stopped, and other than the grunts from Colin fighting with the remaining briar spirit, Olamide muttered some words for a spell, and the soft scraping of Engrave writing on the wall, the newly renamed spirit had completely ignored the fight as if it did not happen, perhaps busy with his task it did not happen for him, and the sound of Cotta struggling on the floor there where silence, at least for a moment a relief from the cacophony which had roared in the small corridor just a moment earlier. Udella looked a little tired and Crexia had grabbed her arm to keep her upright, the archmage herself though looked as unmoved as always, her eyes on the water elemental before them.

(OOC: Thank you, sorry for not always being good ar remembering rules, the metaphysics now those I can do, the rules though...those can get a bit jumbled up at times.)

(OOC: I do not think the spell on his shoes do much more than make him feel grounded it was sort of a rather failed rote, but I will leave that one up to Warp to decide. And yes Adley will be getting a work out. Razz Run Hermetic run. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 pm

You suppress the natural urge to move away and lurch forward, and by that avoiding the whip, it missed it's target and fell harmlessly, you where now in close quarter with the spirit and she hissed at you. It seamed that you had managed to maneuver yourself into position to swing your sword at the creature's exposed neck, and with you this close her pain weapon was basically useless and she was left with kicking trying to hit your wounded leg, something which would probably hurt if the kick impacted, but she missed, only lightly brushing past your wounds, then again thorny wood scraping against your burned skin is not a plesant sensation.
Colin spared a brief moment to give cotta a dirty look as the flora brushed againsy his slightly crisped skin, then swung at the thing's neck, hoping to separate it from its... concentration, for lack of a better term, before stumbling away so Olamide could get a clear shot again.

((OOC: Dex+Melee: 6,8. Missing those dice from health levels is a pain. But, he had those two levels of bashing coming. Razz ))

((OOC2: Yeah, no, Colin tried to give Adley's boots a magic-impairing cover - but most likely, the greatest effect is probably going to be the equivalent of a small spark of static electricity the first time a supernatural creature touches them. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Cotta was fighting desperately to get up but to no avail, she gave you a hateful but also pitifully frightened look as you swung at the briar spirit, you hit and the thing flailed around for a while, she did not loose her head but at least she was hurt. You step aside and a wave of heat shot past you as another of Olamide's fireballs flew past and impacted with the manifested spirit, twists caught fire and the thing screamed, if the sound of wood rubbing on wood could be said to be a scream, and then her from collapsed, she was no longer able to stay manifested.
"I will try to banish her now that she are weakened, could you please check on the others?"
The Tytalus asked as she begun another spell, she was getting a little tired, you all where by this constant use of magick, adrenaline was pumping high though so dangerous exhaustion was kept at bay, at least for now.

(OOC: He do have levels bashing from the punch to the nose face he took, but that is not to bad those two agg he got as a gift from Cotta though those really hurt.)

(OOC 2: And as Colin had to few successes to get that magic impairment going for Adley's boots instead I had him just get a grounding feeling, something did happen but the spell just did not go off very well so there was just that feeling of grounding.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Cotta was fighting desperately to get up but to no avail, she gave you a hateful but also pitifully frightened look as you swung at the briar spirit, you hit and the thing flailed around for a while, she did not loose her head but at least she was hurt. You step aside and a wave of heat shot past you as another of Olamide's fireballs flew past and impacted with the manifested spirit, twists caught fire and the thing screamed, if the sound of wood rubbing on wood could be said to be a scream, and then her from collapsed, she was no longer able to stay manifested.
"I will try to banish her now that she are weakened, could you please check on the others?"
The Tytalus asked as she begun another spell, she was getting a little tired, you all where by this constant use of magick, adrenaline was pumping high though so dangerous exhaustion was kept at bay, at least for now.
Colin nodded to Olamide and swiftly limped from person to person to check their condition - first the Hermetic brothers, then the Cultists...

((OOC: Well, yeah. But it all ends up adding together to form a glorious bundle of pain.))

((OOC2: Sounds about right. Good idea, but the delivery fell through.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 11, 2017 2:17 am

You run around the small corridor, there where not much room to dodge the water elemental's Charm, and not have her hit any of the others. You see Crexia and Udella begin their working, it was clear they had caught on to your idea...As the two older maga worked to free or if that was not possible destroy Nulwah you get a bit of a workout dodging jaws that just keep coming up out of the floor, again and again...but then the rumbling stops...it just stops as if it was never there...leaving you sitting on the floor, unharmed. Nulwah's form drops to the floor and become a pool of salt water that splash as it hits the stone floor

For the next moments, he was totally absorbed in evading the elemental's attacks, trying to keep literally one step ahead or out of the way. He was just aware that it wasn't attacking the others, that his idea was working, even as his body was protesting the effort faster than he'd liked. Then he was bowled over, saved from being bitten in half from the blow by the shield but temporarily prone, with the next attack coming. Even as he hurried to gain his footing, unsure if he even would be able to get away, it simply stopped. He still got out of the way instinctively before his mind caught up and pensively looked for the next eruption. Nothing. He stood sweating, panting for breath, chest burning, glancing at everyone else to see if they were alright. James was still down and Loretta...her student trying to save her life. Colin was limping. And then he looked back to Cotta and for the elemental, who he did not spot at first now being a puddle, before looking back to Crexia for instructions.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 11, 2017 4:01 am

Colin nodded to Olamide and swiftly limped from person to person to check their condition - first the Hermetic brothers, then the Cultists...

James where sitting slumped over on the ground, groaning in pain, he still held his gun though, his finger well away from the trigger and the weapon pointing down, the Hermetic looked up his eyes swam with pain and a deep trauma but at least he was beginning to get back to his senses. Leon was fine, he glanced at his brother and clearly wanted to go to him but then decided that he should keep guarding that door, just in case.

Rosario did not seam to notice your presence she was in a deep trance, desperately trying to save the life of her Mentor. Loretta though, she lay in a pool of her own blood and she was pale as ash, the jaws had nearly cut her in two, her spine was intact but she was just...open. The blood had stopped flowing and some tissue was starting to knit back together but this was not a easy healing job, it would not have been easy for the best Verbena and it might be more than Rosario could handle, and yet she put every bit of her will into trying to save the older Cultist. Loretta looked up at you, she was conscious though rather dazed.
"A...are we winning?"
She managed, she was weak, so weak but she did not look like she was in any pain...which was not really a good sign.

Colin was limping. And then he looked back to Cotta and for the elemental, who he did not spot at first now being a puddle, before looking back to Crexia for instructions.

Crexia looked back at you but she did not reply right away, she and the Quesitor where talking with the elemental then finally she turned to you, if she was tired she was hiding it.
"We have freed the water elemental."
The old archmage said.
"The honored Quesitor is negotiating with her to help us now rather than the Nephandi...are you alright?"
She asked then she glanced around the room and looked at Loretta and sigh, then her eyes fell to Cotta and they hardened.
"We can not let that woman create a widderslainte."
She said simply with steel in her voice.
"It will not be an easy job with two Masters of the Art once the honored Quesitor is done with the elemental...well we are going to have to hope some among the group who studies Ars Spiritus are willing to assist, not as good as others with a Mastery of it but it will still cut down the time...it will take...in the meantime secure this room, we must keep the Cultists safe for now, we do not leave anyone behind until we know they are beyond saving."
She ordered and glanced around again.

(OOC: Colin need a hug...well after he have been healed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 11, 2017 4:42 am

"We have freed the water elemental." The old archmage said. "The honored Quesitor is negotiating with her to help us now rather than the Nephandi...are you alright?"

"Yes ma'am," he said, though he still sounded winded. He was glad that Boston was a jogging city now and that he'd kept in relatively good shape. But he was not pleased that so many had been hurt, and worried about them.

"We can not let that woman create a widderslainte." She said simply with steel in her voice.It will not be an easy job with two Masters of the Art once the honored Quesitor is done with the elemental...well we are going to have to hope some among the group who studies Ars Spiritus are willing to assist, not as good as others with a Mastery of it but it will still cut down the time...it will take...in the meantime secure this room, we must keep the Cultists safe for now, we do not leave anyone behind until we know they are beyond saving."

He frowned a little at her as the implications sank in, sweat dripping down the neck of his clothing. It wasn't as if he didn't think Cotta might not have earned punishment and maybe there wasn't currently anything else to be done about her. But he found he didn't want to do it, didn't want to know how to do it, didn't want to participate in it being done. That was understandable enough, he knew, no one should want to do such a thing. He also remembered what those that had done it said about the process, complications, how it changed them. And although he and his avatar did want to burn Cotta right back to whatever hells there might be, right along with Abigail and -that woman- it was another to see -that- judgement carried out in the field, with wounded and his amicus there, while they might be attacked again. But he had been given a task to do and he put his mind on that instead; it wouldn't do to let Cotta slip away or them to be jumped. Secure the room. Protect them. "Yes ma'am," he replied again with a nod and moved to try to cover the two women, as well as his two other charges Nancy and Cara. He wanted to ask if Colin was okay but it was a pointless question. He wouldn't be limping if he was unhurt. He just hoped it was not too bad.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu May 11, 2017 5:11 am

We could have suffered way more. This is war, and it has not felt like it until recently, and still is not as bloody as it could be. We will endure, but we need to keep pushing if we want to do so.He said, determined. New Zealand and the monsters they fought had been truly disastrous for everyone, their survival compromised by those abominations. This was not nearly as bad.

I've already moved, to stay close to Bae. She feels her avatar fading and needs to see it, i can make that happen without much effort so she needs me, and i won't be far if someone tries to fuck with her again. TAne stopped and looked down That didn't sound like i intended. He said, considering if to reformulate In any case, my home is a node, i need them to protect it. I refered to the moving for Tobias to the node, but i suppose i haven't told you i moved in too.

If you want to tell me, i'll be able to know if i hapen to have a free moment.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 11, 2017 6:38 am

Adley:

"Yes ma'am," he said, though he still sounded winded. He was glad that Boston was a jogging city now and that he'd kept in relatively good shape. But he was not pleased that so many had been hurt, and worried about them.

Udella looked over at you, she had been muttering with the water elemental in Enochian for a while.
"Sodalis the Umbrood is willing to help us, she is regretful of what she was forced to do, but she have one request, for a bottle of water to be poured into the sea at Boston harbor while her name is spoken so she can go home to her charge, who she is very concerned for, would you be willing to do her that favor?"
The old Quesitor asked.

"Yes ma'am," he replied again with a nod and moved to try to cover the two women, as well as his two other charges Nancy and Cara. He wanted to ask if Colin was okay but it was a pointless question. He wouldn't be limping if he was unhurt. He just hoped it was not too bad.

Crexia gave you a solemn nod, there was a determination her eyes but also regret, she did not like this, she waited until Olamide was done banishing the briar spirits then walked over to her fellow Tytalus to speak with her in a hushed tone of voice.

You see that Nancy seamed to be fine, she was picking up her knife from where it had landed and was inspecting the edge, Cara was a little shaken but she was more concerned about Loretta and Rosario, she walked over to her Cabalmate and took what looked like flakes of old paint out of her pocket, Tass perhaps and put it in the Cultist's hand without saying anything.

Loretta was nearly cut in two, she had bled...allot but the bleeding had stopped and some of the tissue was beginning to knit itself together but the damage was just so massive, you could see the organs and guts of the Cultist flowing out of her and it was not easy to look at. Loretta did not seam to be in pain though, she was awake but fading, the shock was so great she felt nothing.

For now everything was quiet but who knew what might come for your group next.
"Ehm should I continue guarding the door?"
Leon asked then he muttered in a softer tone of voice.
"Is the Cultist going to be alright?"
He asked concerned for his Chantrymate.

Tane:

We could have suffered way more. This is war, and it has not felt like it until recently, and still is not as bloody as it could be. We will endure, but we need to keep pushing if we want to do so.He said, determined. New Zealand and the monsters they fought had been truly disastrous for everyone, their survival compromised by those abominations. This was not nearly as bad.

"It could have been worse yes...allot worse. I guess you have heard about what happened at the Umbral docks, that could have been very...very bad...damned Nephandi."
Henrietta muttered and sigh.
"But yes for now we are all alive and we have to be thankful for that, and you are right, this is war and we have to keep pushing and take these bloody wyrm...sorry spent to much time with shapeshifters, these bloody Nephandi down!"

I've already moved, to stay close to Bae. She feels her avatar fading and needs to see it, i can make that happen without much effort so she needs me, and i won't be far if someone tries to fuck with her again.

"Yeah...she must be scared, poor Bee."
The hedge wizard muttered.
"I can not relate to her relationship with her Avatar but nearly loosing her magick like that...it is scary. I am glad you are being a friend to her."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"Well on a more lighthearted note let me know if you need any help getting set up in your new apartment."

TAne stopped and looked down That didn't sound like i intended. He said, considering if to reformulate

"Well for me it is ok, just be careful not to let the Masters hear you say it like that."
Henrietta said with a bit of a wry smile.

In any case, my home is a node, i need them to protect it. I refered to the moving for Tobias to the node, but i suppose i haven't told you i moved in too.

"I see well fera make good guards, you have some good friends in them...and welcome to the Chantry Tane."
She said and smiled.

If you want to tell me, i'll be able to know if i hapen to have a free moment.

Henrietta looked at the vampires a bit hesitantly, the problem she needed help with where obviously private but then she sigh and nodded.
"Well...it is that I em...I think I am Awakening Tane...I...have seen signs of that lately and...I was wondering is it possible to tell my sleeping soul just to go on sleeping?"
She muttered and glanced over at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 11, 2017 11:28 am

James where sitting slumped over on the ground, groaning in pain, he still held his gun though, his finger well away from the trigger and the weapon pointing down, the Hermetic looked up his eyes swam with pain and a deep trauma but at least he was beginning to get back to his senses. Leon was fine, he glanced at his brother and clearly wanted to go to him but then decided that he should keep guarding that door, just in case.
Colin patted James encouragingly on the shoulder, and gave Leon a thumbs up, "You'll be fine."

Rosario did not seam to notice your presence she was in a deep trance, desperately trying to save the life of her Mentor. Loretta though, she lay in a pool of her own blood and she was pale as ash, the jaws had nearly cut her in two, her spine was intact but she was just...open. The blood had stopped flowing and some tissue was starting to knit back together but this was not a easy healing job, it would not have been easy for the best Verbena and it might be more than Rosario could handle, and yet she put every bit of her will into trying to save the older Cultist. Loretta looked up at you, she was conscious though rather dazed.
"A...are we winning?"
She managed, she was weak, so weak but she did not look like she was in any pain...which was not really a good sign.
He nodded cautiously, "We seem to have the upper hand. Looks like you've been slightly roughed up in the process, though, but your Apprentice is hard at work patching you up... I don't suppose you've got the healing skills to lend a hand with that? I mean, I'd offer some Quintessence, but I don't think either of you would want the baggage associated with what I've got on hand..."
He took her hand and held it gently, "I think the others are about to deal with the Labyrinth Keeper... for now, you've got to stay conscious, let your girl work, and help if you can..."

For now everything was quiet but who knew what might come for your group next.
"Ehm should I continue guarding the door?"
Leon asked then he muttered in a softer tone of voice.
"Is the Cultist going to be alright?"
He asked concerned for his Chantrymate.
He looked up at Leon, voice disturbingly calm, "They're both... holding together as best they can. But honestly, I'm no medic, whether magical or mundane. They could do with all the help they can get, I think."

((OOC: Colin's gonna need a hug and a bodyguard. Freddy's gonna be PISSED when she sees how he's managed to get himself hurt. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 11, 2017 11:50 am

Colin patted James encouragingly on the shoulder, and gave Leon a thumbs up, "You'll be fine."

James gave you a thin tired smile and nodded.
"Ouch!"
He muttered weakly, his voice hoarse from screaming.
"I do not want to do that again."
Leon gave a bit smile when he head his brother talking and nodded.
"Thank the gods."

He nodded cautiously, "We seem to have the upper hand. Looks like you've been slightly roughed up in the process, though, but your Apprentice is hard at work patching you up... I don't suppose you've got the healing skills to lend a hand with that? I mean, I'd offer some Quintessence, but I don't think either of you would want the baggage associated with what I've got on hand..."

"I am afraid not I...have never been good with healing."
Loretta said with a sad smile.
"Please...can I ask you a favor...if...I do not make it, can you get a message delivered to Molly?"
The wounded Cultist muttered weakly.
Rosario never took her eyes of her Mentor or replied she just held out her hand, she would accept any Tass and the cost of using it to save her teacher, she stayed in her trance and did not speak as she moved. Loretta shook her head.
"No...not that Tass Rosario...I will not see you injured."

He took her hand and held it gently, "I think the others are about to deal with the Labyrinth Keeper... for now, you've got to stay conscious, let your girl work, and help if you can..."

Loretta gave you a thin smile, her hand was so very cold and unmoving.
"I...fell no pain, I am just numb..."
She muttered.
"But I am so tired...so tired I...know you are right I will try to stay awake...thank you."
The wounded mage whispered but her eyes where closing slowly.

He looked up at Leon, voice disturbingly calm, "They're both... holding together as best they can. But honestly, I'm no medic, whether magical or mundane. They could do with all the help they can get, I think."

Leon nodded he glanced at the Cultists.
"I am...know a little healing and I have done trancework...perhaps I can help."
He said sounding a bit uncertain and nervous at the thought of trying to save someone's life with magick he was not sure of.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 pm

James gave you a thin tired smile and nodded.
"Ouch!"
He muttered weakly, his voice hoarse from screaming.
"I do not want to do that again."
Leon gave a bit smile when he head his brother talking and nodded.
"Thank the gods."
Colin nodded, then grinned impishly "You and me both... Heh, you're tough, for a Hermetic."

"I am afraid not I...have never been good with healing."
Loretta said with a sad smile.
"Please...can I ask you a favor...if...I do not make it, can you get a message delivered to Molly?"
The wounded Cultist muttered weakly.
Rosario never took her eyes of her Mentor or replied she just held out her hand, she would accept any Tass and the cost of using it to save her teacher, she stayed in her trance and did not speak as she moved. Loretta shook her head.
"No...not that Tass Rosario...I will not see you injured."
He nodded, "I can't guarantee I reach her in person, but I can certainly get word delivered."
He shook his head to Rosario, shifting around to keep the tank valves out of her reach.

Loretta gave you a thin smile, her hand was so very cold and unmoving.
"I...fell no pain, I am just numb..."
She muttered.
"But I am so tired...so tired I...know you are right I will try to stay awake...thank you."
The wounded mage whispered but her eyes where closing slowly.
He frowned, then fished out his phone and tried to load up YouTube, hoping to Heaven the Adepts' link would suffice to get the necessary bandwidth, and hastily searched for Molly's opera channel, picking the first and best video he might find to play for Loretta, "Stay with us... Let's see if Molly's voice helps you focus..."

Leon nodded he glanced at the Cultists.
"I am...know a little healing and I have done trancework...perhaps I can help."
He said sounding a bit uncertain and nervous at the thought of trying to save someone's life with magick he was not sure of.
He looked up and fixed him with a stern look, "You're a proud Hermetic, man; uncertainty doesn't become you. At this point, I think every last bit will help..."

((OOC: So, I think Manipulation+... eh, if any of Colin's abilities were relevant, I suppose it would be Etiquette to know how to stroke Hermetic pride, but outside of that, I got nuthin'... So, trying to push Leon into confidence gives a Manipulation roll of 8... Whew. And should you think Etiquette applies, that's a 7, as well, though I'm not going to press that one. We really do need all the help we can get for Loretta. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Colin nodded, then grinned impishly "You and me both... Heh, you're tough, for a Hermetic."

"Yeah...I mean we are rather...pampered."
James said with a small luagh then he groaned.
"Ouch, fuck...how in the world can anything hurt as much as being hit but that...wind...thing."
He muttered. Leon gave his brother a concerned look, he was to afraid for James' well being to even react to your for a Hermetic comment.

He nodded, "I can't guarantee I reach her in person, but I can certainly get word delivered."
He shook his head to Rosario, shifting around to keep the tank valves out of her reach.

"T...thank you...tell Molly...it do not matter to me, finding out she is...a...widderslainte, I care for her just as much as before and I am just as proud of her, whatever happens with her, I never stopped seeing her as my apprentice."
Loretta said weakly and gave you a small smile. Rosario did not insist about the Tass, to do so might risk snapping her out of her trance and she needed to stay focused to keep her Mentor alive so she just continued her work, using the Tass Cara had given her.

He frowned, then fished out his phone and tried to load up YouTube, hoping to Heaven the Adepts' link would suffice to get the necessary bandwidth, and hastily searched for Molly's opera channel, picking the first and best video he might find to play for Loretta, "Stay with us... Let's see if Molly's voice helps you focus..."

Actually, there where a wifi line here, it was named Orchid741 you needed a password to use it though, there did not seam to be any other connection to the internet there, the Adepts line might be able to let you get a call through but it would not load YouTube. Loretta looked looked at you as you searched with your phone.
"She do have...a beautiful voice."
The Cultist muttered in a tired voice.

He looked up and fixed him with a stern look, "You're a proud Hermetic, man; uncertainty doesn't become you. At this point, I think every last bit will help..."

Leon looked at you then he seamed to snap out of it.
"Yes...of course you are right...what would my Pater say."
He muttered as he hurried over to Rosario and took the young Cultist's delicate and now blood covered and and begun to breathe deeply, you heard the words of the lesser banishing ritual softly muttered, most Hermetics knew it and it was a good way for the Jerbiton to focus his mind and get into a trance.

(OOC: I will give you Manipulation there yes. As for Freddy yes she will be most cross with Cotta for returning Colin in a damaged condition, how rude.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 11, 2017 4:56 pm

"Yeah...I mean we are rather...pampered."
James said with a small luagh then he groaned.
"Ouch, fuck...how in the world can anything hurt as much as being hit but that...wind...thing."
He muttered. Leon gave his brother a concerned look, he was to afraid for James' well being to even react to your for a Hermetic comment.
Colin smiled at the retort, then turned serious again, "You've still got your sense of humour - that's the best sign I know of. But... getting physically bruised, that goes numb fairly quickly, when the nerves stop sending signals; they get tired or overridden after a fashion, as I recall it... You've got a bruise on your soul, and that doesn't have nerves that can tire or be shut down by neurotransmitters, which means that the pain keeps going until the damage is mostly healed... I was lucky and passed out for a couple of days when it happened to me, and I've been itching all over my soul since I woke up... The arm and leg sting a bit more now, though."

"T...thank you...tell Molly...it do not matter to me, finding out she is...a...widderslainte, I care for her just as much as before and I am just as proud of her, whatever happens with her, I never stopped seeing her as my apprentice."
Loretta said weakly and gave you a small smile. Rosario did not insist about the Tass, to do so might risk snapping her out of her trance and she needed to stay focused to keep her Mentor alive so she just continued her work, using the Tass Cara had given her.
He nodded with a small smile, "That I will let her know, if necessary - but I'd rather see you tell her yourself."

Actually, there where a wifi line here, it was named Orchid741 you needed a password to use it though, there did not seam to be any other connection to the internet there, the Adepts line might be able to let you get a call through but it would not load YouTube. Loretta looked looked at you as you searched with your phone.
"She do have...a beautiful voice."
The Cultist muttered in a tired voice.
He frowned at the phone and fished out his wand, "She does... hum... It will work on a polyp; might work here, too..."
He poked at the password prompt with the wand, tapping the touch keyboard lightly, "Tessera administrator..."

Leon looked at you then he seamed to snap out of it.
"Yes...of course you are right...what would my Pater say."
He muttered as he hurried over to Rosario and took the young Cultist's delicate and now blood covered and and begun to breathe deeply, you heard the words of the lesser banishing ritual softly muttered, most Hermetics knew it and it was a good way for the Jerbiton to focus his mind and get into a trance.
He nodded and kept working the phone as Leon started helping Rosario.

((OOC: So, Entropy 2 to get lucky with tapping in the password: Arete roll 4,7,8 . Can't risk more time than that if Colin's to try to keep Loretta focused on the music - without any clues to what Abigail (or one of her minions) might have set as the password, it could as well be the randomly generated default password to the wi-fi.))

((OOC2: Yeah; it's not like Colin hurt Cotta first in any way... except the two or three very literal ways in which he did hurt her, emotionally and physically... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Udella looked over at you, she had been muttering with the water elemental in Enochian for a while.
"Sodalis the Umbrood is willing to help us, she is regretful of what she was forced to do, but she have one request, for a bottle of water to be poured into the sea at Boston harbor while her name is spoken so she can go home to her charge, who she is very concerned for, would you be willing to do her that favor?"

He replied in Enochian so that the elemental would hear him as well. "I must first participate in these battles to protect us from the Qyrl ones, however I will do this if I am able to do so," he agreed. He had no idea what state any of them might be in after the happenings here and then going back home for more, but he didn't want to leave the elemental stranded.

"Ehm should I continue guarding the door?" Leon asked then he muttered in a softer tone of voice. "Is the Cultist going to be alright?"

He frowned, wishing there was more to do to help. "We should still keep a look out," he said to Leon. "And I hope so," he said.

"I am...know a little healing and I have done trancework...perhaps I can help." He said sounding a bit uncertain
Leon looked at you then he seamed to snap out of it. "Yes...of course you are right...what would my Pater say."

Adley felt his eyebrow twitch in surprise but he didn't say anything, just subtly shifted his attention to include the doors that Leon was set to guard as well as the man himself, as best he could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Colin smiled at the retort, then turned serious again, "You've still got your sense of humour - that's the best sign I know of. But... getting physically bruised, that goes numb fairly quickly, when the nerves stop sending signals; they get tired or overridden after a fashion, as I recall it... You've got a bruise on your soul, and that doesn't have nerves that can tire or be shut down by neurotransmitters, which means that the pain keeps going until the damage is mostly healed... I was lucky and passed out for a couple of days when it happened to me, and I've been itching all over my soul since I woke up... The arm and leg sting a bit more now, though."

"Oh wonderful...ouch...yeah well it could have been worse, I am not dead and my Avatar is mostly fine, I do fear I might not be able to help out with magick very much for the rest of this run though."
James said and grimaced, his hands still shook with the endorphin rush in his body, not that those natural chemicals would do much for his condition.
"Are anyone else hurt though?"
He asked in a concerned tone of voice.
"I fear I did not catch allot about what was happening around me after...it happened."
Then he looked at you.
"Yeah your leg do not look to good."

He nodded with a small smile, "That I will let her know, if necessary - but I'd rather see you tell her yourself."

"Thank you, and so would I...I have no desire to die...but if it happens...I do not want Molly to wonder whatever or not I still accept her, now that I know what she is."
Loretta said and closed her eyes for a moment though she opened them again after a little while.

He frowned at the phone and fished out his wand, "She does... hum... It will work on a polyp; might work here, too..."
He poked at the password prompt with the wand, tapping the touch keyboard lightly, "Tessera administrator..."

You work your rote and then tap your fingers randomly over the screen of your phone, it turns out the Labyrinth's wifi password are Silas575. You now have a good and stable internet connection and you find a video of Molly singing, the young Cultist stand in a room full of book cases in a simple summer dress singing Dido's Lament in a clear, beautiful voice, perhaps a bit of a macabre song for a dying woman but it do seam to make Loretta smile and she listened closely to the song.
"Do you think my students will be fine?"
She suddenly asked.
"I do care so much for all of them."

He nodded and kept working the phone as Leon started helping Rosario.

It seams some progress was happening now that Leon was helping out and there where two magi working in concert to heal Loretta, they did not have the skill of Lady Arden or her student though and it was slow going.

He replied in Enochian so that the elemental would hear him as well. "I must first participate in these battles to protect us from the Qyrl ones, however I will do this if I am able to do so," he agreed. He had no idea what state any of them might be in after the happenings here and then going back home for more, but he didn't want to leave the elemental stranded.

Udella nodded, she turned to the elemental then she looked at you.
"She have agreed to fight for us on those terms, and she wish to thank you for your role in freeing her, I will call her when and if we need her aid."
The old Quesitor said, for a moment she leaned against the wall with a tired look in her eyes then she glanced over at Cotta and winced.
"And now we must deal with the Labyrith Keeper."
She muttered, she looked at Crexia and Olamide, the younger Tytalus just gave Udella a grim nod though she looked slightly nauseous, she was in it seamed. Crexia looks at you and are about to say something but Udella shook her head.
"He is far to young for such a burden, it will be the three of us Sodalis."
She muttered sadly. Crexia sigh.
"That will not be easy."
"No it will not, but it is doable, and being part of such an act is more than such a young man should have to face."

He frowned, wishing there was more to do to help. "We should still keep a look out," he said to Leon. "And I hope so," he said.

Leon nodded, he kept a lookout until Colin recruited him for healing work.

Adley felt his eyebrow twitch in surprise but he didn't say anything, just subtly shifted his attention to include the doors that Leon was set to guard as well as the man himself, as best he could.

There where slight suckling and other soft sounds that was far from plesant as some of Loretta's guts pulled itself back together, suddenly the woman cried out and gritted her teeth groaning. Leon looked like he was about to apologize but Loretta shook her head.
"No...no...pain is good, it will keep me awake."
She managed.
"Fuck! Oh ok well at least I am feeling it now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 11, 2017 7:53 pm

"Oh wonderful...ouch...yeah well it could have been worse, I am not dead and my Avatar is mostly fine, I do fear I might not be able to help out with magick very much for the rest of this run though."
James said and grimaced, his hands still shook with the endorphin rush in his body, not that those natural chemicals would do much for his condition.
"Are anyone else hurt though?"
He asked in a concerned tone of voice.
"I fear I did not catch allot about what was happening around me after...it happened."
Then he looked at you.
"Yeah your leg do not look to good."
Colin nodded, "You might be out of this fight, yes; unless you can get a couple days of R&R squeezed into a few moments, you probably shouldn't try to cast spells. On the other hand, if you feel able to move and aim a gun with acceptable accuracy, we'll still need the extra firepower."
He frowned, "And while my leg looks bad, the younger Cultist has a larger task on her hands with her Mentor; she took something of a nasty blow..."

"Thank you, and so would I...I have no desire to die...but if it happens...I do not want Molly to wonder whatever or not I still accept her, now that I know what she is."
Loretta said and closed her eyes for a moment though she opened them again after a little while.
He nodded, "I think she might already know, on some level, but I'll certainly make sure she gets the message."

You work your rote and then tap your fingers randomly over the screen of your phone, it turns out the Labyrinth's wifi password are Silas575. You now have a good and stable internet connection and you find a video of Molly singing, the young Cultist stand in a room full of book cases in a simple summer dress singing Dido's Lament in a clear, beautiful voice, perhaps a bit of a macabre song for a dying woman but it do seam to make Loretta smile and she listened closely to the song.
"Do you think my students will be fine?"
She suddenly asked.
"I do care so much for all of them."
He smiled, "If the two I've met are any indication, they'll be magnificent, every one."

It seams some progress was happening now that Leon was helping out and there where two magi working in concert to heal Loretta, they did not have the skill of Lady Arden or her student though and it was slow going.
There where slight suckling and other soft sounds that was far from plesant as some of Loretta's guts pulled itself back together, suddenly the woman cried out and gritted her teeth groaning. Leon looked like he was about to apologize but Loretta shook her head.
"No...no...pain is good, it will keep me awake."
She managed.
"Fuck! Oh ok well at least I am feeling it now."
He grinned with relief and looked over at Adley, "Battle-brother, if you're not too busy, would you send word to the Adepts that the Labyrinth's wi-fi is called Orchid741, and the password is Silas575? First letter capitalized on both. If necessary, they can go via my phone, as I'm already logged in, but I'd rather they not tamper with the music until the good lady is mended."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Colin nodded, "You might be out of this fight, yes; unless you can get a couple days of R&R squeezed into a few moments, you probably shouldn't try to cast spells. On the other hand, if you feel able to move and aim a gun with acceptable accuracy, we'll still need the extra firepower."

"I think I will be able to walk at least so I will not slow the rest of the group down."
James said and groaned.
"I can aim...sort of, my I can not seam to keep my hands from shaking so how reliable a shot I am right now, that is the question...I would not want to try to aim in any direction where allies are nearby at least."
He said then he gave a long, pained groan again.
"Fuck...dammit...I have a friend who have been Branded...I suddenly feel allot more sympathy for him."
He complained as he tried to struggle, shakily to his feet.

He frowned, "And while my leg looks bad, the younger Cultist has a larger task on her hands with her Mentor; she took something of a nasty blow..."

James looked in the direction of the wounded Loretta and he frowned.
"Oh no...do you think she will pull through?"

He nodded, "I think she might already know, on some level, but I'll certainly make sure she gets the message."

Loretta gave you a weak smile.
"Thank you...I appreciate it, you are a kind man."
She muttered softly.

He smiled, "If the two I've met are any indication, they'll be magnificent, every one."

Loretta gave a proud smile then she looked at Rosario.
"Yes...yes they will be."
She said sounding relieved.

He grinned with relief and looked over at Adley, "Battle-brother, if you're not too busy, would you send word to the Adepts that the Labyrinth's wi-fi is called Orchid741, and the password is Silas575? First letter capitalized on both. If necessary, they can go via my phone, as I'm already logged in, but I'd rather they not tamper with the music until the good lady is mended."

"They will need to teleport the Adeptus Majora out of here as well, even if her student and my Sodalis manage to stabilize her, she will not be fit to fight I reckon and she will need more healing work, preferably they should have someone at the Chantry standing by to take over the working being used now to avoid her patterns locking in a damaged configuration...I know the Lady of the Verbena might be able to do it, or help her in some way at least."
Cara said as there was talk about calling home.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 pm

They're minions of the wyrm, they just don't know.

Tane looked at her confused. Why wouldn't you want it to awaken? It probably is an adaptation over necessity, it's probably feeling all this ruckus and awakening to help you. Or maybe you're going past the things that made you stay dormant.
My advise as a friend is to let it happen and learn to live with it, but if you really need it sleeping, i can try to talk to it... although maybe that weakes it up. I'd say that it will probably be better to talk to Cita.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next