Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 23 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am

Boston, November:
Anna sigh and looked up at the roof tears in her eyes.
"I...will not have reverted my Avatar Mentor, I do not want to as I see nothing wrong with it. I like my Avatar as it is. I will cooperate but something tell me I will need more than fear of that ritual to...do such and impossible feat so to me what you are saying is that there is little hope...just an extension before...that happens..."
Colin sighed softly, "I won't stop trying to convince you, of course - and I have a few things I want to show you for arguments, once you're in a bit better shape. But yes, all I can arrange for you unless you're willing to chance your mind is an extension. But, that's an extension that can go for years and decades. You might well yet have your chance to work some impressive magic, maybe even find a boy or girl you like and start dating before that time comes."

The young Nephanda looked at you concerned.
"Miss Warden hurt you did she not?"
She muttered then she looked down.
"Well considering I freak out over needles, scream, shout and hide under the bed I doubt I will react much better to something much, much, much worse."
She said mournfully.
"Is that why Bee is...hurt, they tried to...Gilgul her?"
The girl said and winced at the word, as did Kyle.
"Was she brave when...they tried?"
Kyle said nothing but he was shivering and had balled his hands into firsts, how he would face the potential of his trial not ending well also weighted heavily on his mind.
He frowned, "Warden... caused me pain, but instead of harming me, she unleashed me. And Bee was the bravest... she held on like a tigress protecting her cubs. She lasted long enough for the ritual to be aborted, and that was the important thing... but she was hurt, physically, mentally and spiritually..."

"I...I did not know..."
Anna muttered.
"I will not mention it to her or ask any questions, she must have been terrified...will she be able to work her magick again?"
She asked with a compassionate look in her eyes.
"They came for her since she is a widderslainte?"
She asked and then cast a worried look at Kyle.
He frowned, "They came because she had a sloppily worded sentence against her, one which did not follow precedent. As it happens, Master Tolle was the one to verify her past sentence was incorrect and abort the ritual, and with him as your advocate, you should be very much safe. And Bee will work her magic soon enough, I'm sure. All she needs is a bit of rest..."

"Yeah it must be a complicated thing to sort out."
Kyle said and sigh.
"What then happens if you take my advice about using a venom blade for Anna's serum doses, and therefore she do not need comfort today and so we never talk about it so I never have the idea and mention it...how will that work out Sir?"
Kyle asked and Anna gave you a confused look.
He smiled wryly, stroking Anna's upper back gently, "Even if the shots don't discomfort her as much, do you really think she won't need friends and moral support, all things considered? I can try to manipulate a conversation to cover the necessities, at least..."

Chicago, Now:
"Yes you will have no argument from me Sir, but do let me say that these Nephandi are effing insane."
Rosario muttered grumpily.
He nodded, "That would serve to explain why the Jade Demon is turning on Abigail, too. He seems to agree with that sentiment."

Adley showed Colin and Crexia the map on his phone, pointing out the two rooms and then put it back away.
Crexia glanced at the phone and nodded.
"Very well let us hope Miss Carlyle are to hurt to notice us, luckily the girl's room are before hers, but once we have the marble we have to move past Carlyle's chambers to get to the Node."
She commented.
He glanced at the map and nodded, "Very good."

Crexia considered for a moment as the sounds of combat continued, there was another scream, a man this time, then a low groan of pain and she nodded.
"Do it young man but be careful, it is a risk but we have to figure out who is fighting and with who."
She ordered and frowned.
He frowned, hearing a battle raging on and thinking back to the map and what the area ahead looked like. He put himself in a defensive stance to protect Cara, Nancy and Rosario behind his sheilds, gun drawn and watchful. He didn't say anything, not wanting to give their position away yet but was ready to move in case something happened while Colin was spying.
Rosario put another arrow on her crossbow. Cara formed her hands into the starting position of a spell, the same did Udella and Olamide. Leon drew his gun and made ready. Crexia did nothing but you could see the woman was tense and ready to move and Nancy flipped her knife open. The sounds continued, screams, shouts, gunshots, chanting in the Nephandi Language and in Chinese and the sound of a body hitting a wall...hard.
He nodded and fished out a monocle, "Ah, bugger... That's probably the Jade Demon's people fighting Abigail's on the other side... Per murum spectare."

((OOC: So, see through stonework - or rather, to not see the stone wall. Arete roll: 3,7,9. Hoping there's not too much Labyrinth flesh in the way...))

Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 23 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2017 10:33 am

Boston November:

Colin sighed softly, "I won't stop trying to convince you, of course - and I have a few things I want to show you for arguments, once you're in a bit better shape. But yes, all I can arrange for you unless you're willing to chance your mind is an extension. But, that's an extension that can go for years and decades.

"I will do whatever you say Mentor, I will try all I can, I am just saying that I doubt it will work when I am only doing that to avoid...you know."
Anna said and she curled a bit together and wrapped her thin arms around her knees.
"Well an extension is better than nothing..."
She muttered.

You might well yet have your chance to work some impressive magic, maybe even find a boy or girl you like and start dating before that time comes."

"But the time will...come..."
The young Nephandus muttered and started softly sobbing again.
"I...I would like to work some...impressive magick you but as for someone to date...what would be the point when all I am doing is waiting to be Gilgulled?"
She muttered bitterly. Kyle sigh and gently put his hand on Anna's shoulder.

He frowned, "Warden... caused me pain, but instead of harming me, she unleashed me.

"That have to really eat at her in whatever afterlife she is having."
Anna muttered then she looked at you.
"I am glad you where not seriously hurt though Mentor."
She muttered and put a small hand on your arm.

And Bee was the bravest... she held on like a tigress protecting her cubs. She lasted long enough for the ritual to be aborted, and that was the important thing... but she was hurt, physically, mentally and spiritually..."

Anna looked down and said nothing for a moment she shivered slightly.
"Will Bee be ok again Mentor...she is so nice but there is this deep fear and sadness in her eyes, and she jumps when she hears an unexpected sound...but I guess at least she have kept her Avatar...so...she will be able to work magick again."
She muttered.

He frowned, "They came because she had a sloppily worded sentence against her, one which did not follow precedent. As it happens, Master Tolle was the one to verify her past sentence was incorrect and abort the ritual, and with him as your advocate, you should be very much safe. And Bee will work her magic soon enough, I'm sure. All she needs is a bit of rest..."

Kyle smiles a little and nodded.
"Yeah Master Tolle is scary but he is good at his job."
He said.
"Perhaps he can help Anna as well if there is some legal way to save her."
He commented. Anna smiled a little.
"I hope Bee will be able to work her magick again and that she will get well."
She commented.

He smiled wryly, stroking Anna's upper back gently, "Even if the shots don't discomfort her as much, do you really think she won't need friends and moral support, all things considered? I can try to manipulate a conversation to cover the necessities, at least..."

Kyle nodded he looked at Anna and frowned after all she had lost her Mentor and all her friends, her entire Labyrinth and she was living on borrowed time, yes she would need friends and moral support.
"Yes I suppose you are right, you could arrange it so the loop would still hold Sir."
He said and nodded. Anna gave you a little smile.
"I do like that I have made friends Mentor, and such a knife would be better."
She muttered.

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "That would serve to explain why the Jade Demon is turning on Abigail, too. He seems to agree with that sentiment."

"Yeah, it do not seam like Abigail is making any friends."
Rosario said and frowned.

He nodded and fished out a monocle, "Ah, bugger... That's probably the Jade Demon's people fighting Abigail's on the other side... Per murum spectare."

You look though the stone and saw a scene of horror unfolding before you, here and there where places you could not see though, probably where the Labyrinth's flesh had covered the stone walls, what you saw where enough though, five mages, all of Asian decent was fighting one of Jodelle Jerkins' children. One more of the Jade Demon's Household lay on the ground, one of the abomination's tentacles had made a ragged hole right through his heart, one more mage, this a woman lay broken again the wall, she was alive but just barely. You see a woman shoot at the monstrosity while a young, plump man tried to toss a fireball at the child, who ate it. Two more women, tall and beautiful chanted in Chinese while a fifth person, the same elegant man who had come to Morningstar's doorstep used his cane as a foci to shoot out dark, corrupted primal bolts to try to keep the thing away from the two chanting women as they worked, all of the Nephandi had bruises, cuts and wounds as they fought for their lives and if they noticed your scrying none of them had any time to deal with it right now.

(OOC: Then I will head of to a local museum who are opening a new exhibit and have free tickets for locals today. I will post more when I get back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 21, 2017 6:23 pm

Boston, November:
"I will do whatever you say Mentor, I will try all I can, I am just saying that I doubt it will work when I am only doing that to avoid...you know."
Anna said and she curled a bit together and wrapped her thin arms around her knees.
"Well an extension is better than nothing..."
She muttered.
Colin smiled thinly, "Have faith, sweetie. I never bought into the whole religious 'suffer today to be rewarded in the afterlife' deal; every good day you can get is a bonus, right? There'll be better days yet."

"But the time will...come..."
The young Nephandus muttered and started softly sobbing again.
"I...I would like to work some...impressive magick you but as for someone to date...what would be the point when all I am doing is waiting to be Gilgulled?"
She muttered bitterly. Kyle sigh and gently put his hand on Anna's shoulder.
He nodded, "The point is holding the darkness at bay. I hope to see a change in the law coming, and fairly soon, where gilgul is no longer such a go-to ritual for anyone who is found to be... not squeaky clean. Once we can convince the Council that Fallen Avatars can be reverted, the justification for destroying them is no longer there..."

"That have to really eat at her in whatever afterlife she is having."
Anna muttered then she looked at you.
"I am glad you where not seriously hurt though Mentor."
She muttered and put a small hand on your arm.
He frowned, "There are many things that might grieve her in the afterlife, I fear... and I'm glad I came out alright, too."

Anna looked down and said nothing for a moment she shivered slightly.
"Will Bee be ok again Mentor...she is so nice but there is this deep fear and sadness in her eyes, and she jumps when she hears an unexpected sound...but I guess at least she have kept her Avatar...so...she will be able to work magick again."
She muttered.
He nodded, "I think perhaps most of what's holding her back now is her own fear... that's the highest hurdle of them all..."

Kyle nodded he looked at Anna and frowned after all she had lost her Mentor and all her friends, her entire Labyrinth and she was living on borrowed time, yes she would need friends and moral support.
"Yes I suppose you are right, you could arrange it so the loop would still hold Sir."
He said and nodded. Anna gave you a little smile.
"I do like that I have made friends Mentor, and such a knife would be better."
She muttered.
He smiled, "Chin up, sweetie; things are coming around. Good things, as well."

Chicago, Now:
You look though the stone and saw a scene of horror unfolding before you, here and there where places you could not see though, probably where the Labyrinth's flesh had covered the stone walls, what you saw where enough though, five mages, all of Asian decent was fighting one of Jodelle Jerkins' children. One more of the Jade Demon's Household lay on the ground, one of the abomination's tentacles had made a ragged hole right through his heart, one more mage, this a woman lay broken again the wall, she was alive but just barely. You see a woman shoot at the monstrosity while a young, plump man tried to toss a fireball at the child, who ate it. Two more women, tall and beautiful chanted in Chinese while a fifth person, the same elegant man who had come to Morningstar's doorstep used his cane as a foci to shoot out dark, corrupted primal bolts to try to keep the thing away from the two chanting women as they worked, all of the Nephandi had bruises, cuts and wounds as they fought for their lives and if they noticed your scrying none of them had any time to deal with it right now.
He frowned, "Bugger, seven of the Jade Demon's household, one of which is dead and another likely dying, are fighting one of miss Jerkins' little hellspawn. And they're feeding it prime bolts and offensive magic... We need to help them stop that thing; if they keep feeding it..."
He grimaced, "Also, I recognize the chap who came by Morningstar to inform us. Pleasant fellow, prepared to be captured and... well, handed over to us as a willing sacrifice; a token of good faith. He might be busy regretting his relief at our unwillingness to spare the manpower to take him in and guard him for the duration of the attack..."

((OOC: Was exhibit fun? Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Boston November:

Colin smiled thinly, "Have faith, sweetie. I never bought into the whole religious 'suffer today to be rewarded in the afterlife' deal; every good day you can get is a bonus, right? There'll be better days yet."

Yes each day I get to keep my glass dragon is a bonus, but good days, I do not know, locked in here, kept from my magick and injected with that serum daily...there are very few good days Mentor and I am so scared."
Anna muttered sadly.
"And I do not know how long I can stand this fear."
She muttered sadly.

He nodded, "The point is holding the darkness at bay. I hope to see a change in the law coming, and fairly soon, where gilgul is no longer such a go-to ritual for anyone who is found to be... not squeaky clean. Once we can convince the Council that Fallen Avatars can be reverted, the justification for destroying them is no longer there..."

"You really think so Mentor? That the law will be changed so I might be able to keep my glass dragon even if I do not manage to cleanse him?"
Anna said and looked up and dried her tears.
"You really think so?"

He frowned, "There are many things that might grieve her in the afterlife, I fear... and I'm glad I came out alright, too."

"You are probably right..."
The young Nephanda muttered.
"Well as long as you are alright I never liked Miss Warden anyway."

He nodded, "I think perhaps most of what's holding her back now is her own fear... that's the highest hurdle of them all..."

"Yeah I can certainly empathize with that, fear is a strange thing is not not."
The girl muttered softly and played with her piercing.

He smiled, "Chin up, sweetie; things are coming around. Good things, as well."

Anna looked at you, she did not seam like she completely believed it but then she gave you a slight smile and nodded.

Chicago Now:

He frowned, "Bugger, seven of the Jade Demon's household, one of which is dead and another likely dying, are fighting one of miss Jerkins' little hellspawn. And they're feeding it prime bolts and offensive magic... We need to help them stop that thing; if they keep feeding it..."

"Damnation!"
Crexia exclaimed.
"Well I guess that attacking that abomination can not be seen as cooperating with the Nephandi even if a few of them are attacking it as well."
She grumbled.

He grimaced, "Also, I recognize the chap who came by Morningstar to inform us. Pleasant fellow, prepared to be captured and... well, handed over to us as a willing sacrifice; a token of good faith. He might be busy regretting his relief at our unwillingness to spare the manpower to take him in and guard him for the duration of the attack..."

"A horrible death in combat is still better than Gilgul young man."
Udella said and Olamide winced.
"Please ma'am can we avoid saying that word right now."
She said. Crexia spoke up.
"Enough both of you...we will assist the Household members with taking out Miss Jerkins' child, but we can not help their wounded or do anything but deal with this threat...and quickly before it grow to powerful byt the magick they are feeding it."
She said and started moving in that direction.
"Be careful, let us avoid loosing anyone else to these things."
She said and Udella looked down sadly for a moment.

(OOC: It was and there where free food, however far to many people.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Adley made a face at them as Colin described the situation, part frustration and part a barely restrained swear. Maybe he should be partly relieved the Jade Demon had met the child and not them but it was a shit situation, nevertheless. Another thing that stood between them and their goal - goals.

"Enough both of you...we will assist the Household members with taking out Miss Jerkins' child, but we can not help their wounded or do anything but deal with this threat...and quickly before it grow to powerful byt the magick they are feeding it." She said and started moving in that direction. "Be careful, let us avoid loosing anyone else to these things."

He nodded to her, then glanced back to the others and to Crexia again. He would try to protect them as best he could and help to get rid of the damn thing.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Crexia slowly lead the group around the bend in the spiral like structure, and as you make it around the bend you see one of the children, it looked like the others, a black mass with tentacles and tendrils oozing out of its body, this one was slightly longer but thinner than the other two you had seen and it was fully manifested.

You see two women chanting in Mandarin, a tall, very handsome, very well dressed man stood before them, tossing Prime bolts with his staff at the creature though this did little but feed it, though it had kept the monstrosity's extremities away from the two women. Two more people, a man and a woman stood trying to distract the thing my firing into it, the women had a shotgun and the man a automatic and the bullets did do damage, just not enough and a tentacle was shot out and it swiped the woman off her feet and she gave a slight yell but did not seam to be hurt.

Rosario sent an arrow into the child and it made a mournful sound and shot a tentacle at her but missed. Nancy stepped in from of Cara with her knife drawn and Leon aimed at the tentacle that went after the Cultist and shot it clean of, the child roared in pain but it did not stop it's attack.
"Watch your back and take it down...try to avoid using magick!"
Crexia ordered as she readied her whip.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 22, 2017 1:24 am

Boston, November:
Yes each day I get to keep my glass dragon is a bonus, but good days, I do not know, locked in here, kept from my magick and injected with that serum daily...there are very few good days Mentor and I am so scared."
Anna muttered sadly.
"And I do not know how long I can stand this fear."
She muttered sadly.
Colin frowned, "I have... something which can show you hope, or break your heart. I've been hesitant to bring it forth, since I don't know for certain how you'll react, especially since you're still... unwell. But Christmas is coming, and shortly after that, the new year. This year's not been too kind to you, but next year will be a fresh start, and new opportunities and possibilities."

"You really think so Mentor? That the law will be changed so I might be able to keep my glass dragon even if I do not manage to cleanse him?"
Anna said and looked up and dried her tears.
"You really think so?"
He nodded, "I certainly will work toward that - and I have a few aces up my sleeve to that end. I just hope I won't be forced to play them..."

"You are probably right..."
The young Nephanda muttered.
"Well as long as you are alright I never liked Miss Warden anyway."
He sighed, reminiscing over the brief memories Cotta's Avatar fragments had given him, "Warden was... ruthless, perhaps, but I believe she truly loved Cotta. The two were... well, a lovely couple, all things considered, and there's a bit of me that regrets the ruthlessness of this damned war..."

"Yeah I can certainly empathize with that, fear is a strange thing is not not."
The girl muttered softly and played with her piercing.
He nodded, "Allow fear to overtake you, and you can do nothing. Control it, and you act normally. Acknowledge your fear as though the worst has already happened, or is inevitable... and nothing can stop you while you still draw breath. For me, pain and death hold no terror, not for many years. Threats to my loved ones - and that includes you - on the other hand... Well, suffice to say, I'm not immune to strong emotional triggers, much as I'd like to believe I were."

Chicago, Now:
"Damnation!"
Crexia exclaimed.
"Well I guess that attacking that abomination can not be seen as cooperating with the Nephandi even if a few of them are attacking it as well."
She grumbled.
He frowned, "Well, from what I can see, they're technically feeding it rather than doing damage... so for most literal and practical purposes, it would be a long stretch to consider it cooperating with them if we try to take the thing out in the first place..."

"A horrible death in combat is still better than Gilgul young man."
Udella said and Olamide winced.
"Please ma'am can we avoid saying that word right now."
She said. Crexia spoke up.
"Enough both of you...we will assist the Household members with taking out Miss Jerkins' child, but we can not help their wounded or do anything but deal with this threat...and quickly before it grow to powerful byt the magick they are feeding it."
She said and started moving in that direction.
"Be careful, let us avoid loosing anyone else to these things."
She said and Udella looked down sadly for a moment.
He nodded grimly and reloaded Adjan's gun with the clip containing the last two Primium rounds, "So, I'll try to restrain it a bit; will you be trying to banish it, or tear it apart?"

Crexia slowly lead the group around the bend in the spiral like structure, and as you make it around the bend you see one of the children, it looked like the others, a black mass with tentacles and tendrils oozing out of its body, this one was slightly longer but thinner than the other two you had seen and it was fully manifested.

You see two women chanting in Mandarin, a tall, very handsome, very well dressed man stood before them, tossing Prime bolts with his staff at the creature though this did little but feed it, though it had kept the monstrosity's extremities away from the two women. Two more people, a man and a woman stood trying to distract the thing my firing into it, the women had a shotgun and the man a automatic and the bullets did do damage, just not enough and a tentacle was shot out and it swiped the woman off her feet and she gave a slight yell but did not seam to be hurt.

Rosario sent an arrow into the child and it made a mournful sound and shot a tentacle at her but missed. Nancy stepped in from of Cara with her knife drawn and Leon aimed at the tentacle that went after the Cultist and shot it clean of, the child roared in pain but it did not stop it's attack.
"Watch your back and take it down...try to avoid using magick!"
Crexia ordered as she readied her whip.
He grimaced at the sight and opened one of the Quintessence tanks, aiming his ring at the demonspawn, "Impetus tempestatis silencio mundanus ex malomagia!"

((OOC: So, trying to wrap a small whirlwind of mundance silence around the tentacly thing, fueled by the corrupt Quintessence in the tanks... Arete rolls: 4,4,8 - 1,8,9 - 7,0,0. That's all the time Colin can spare on charging the thing up. Should be enough, I think...))

((OOC: Oh, jeeze, I just realized, the "next year that will be better" that Colin promised Anna... will be 2016. That's so going to come back and bite him in the ass. Sad Crying or Very sad ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 22, 2017 5:13 am

Boston November:

Colin frowned, "I have... something which can show you hope, or break your heart. I've been hesitant to bring it forth, since I don't know for certain how you'll react, especially since you're still... unwell. But Christmas is coming, and shortly after that, the new year. This year's not been too kind to you, but next year will be a fresh start, and new opportunities and possibilities."

"I could use some hope Mentor."
Anna said and looked up at you.
"So if you have something to show me I would like to see it...though how can something you show me bring me hope that the Traditions wont...well anyway I want to see it, and I am sure my health can handle it and if I get sick, well that have happened before..."

He nodded, "I certainly will work toward that - and I have a few aces up my sleeve to that end. I just hope I won't be forced to play them..."

The young Nephanda cocked her head to the side.
"I do not understand Mentor..."

He sighed, reminiscing over the brief memories Cotta's Avatar fragments had given him, "Warden was... ruthless, perhaps, but I believe she truly loved Cotta. The two were... well, a lovely couple, all things considered, and there's a bit of me that regrets the ruthlessness of this damned war..."

"I do think you are right that Miss Warden loved Cotta Mentor, they where tender towards one another. I guess we all need someone to keep us warm in the dark nights and yes I do not like this war, but with several factions each wanting something different for reality, how could we avoid one?"

He nodded, "Allow fear to overtake you, and you can do nothing. Control it, and you act normally. Acknowledge your fear as though the worst has already happened, or is inevitable... and nothing can stop you while you still draw breath.

Anna sigh and glanced at you.
"It is good advice Mentor, but not easy to do in practice. I saw Wolfgang acknowledging that have already happened to me or will happen, that makes me not want to draw breath much less do anything. I do not want to loose my Avatar or my magick, everything that I am I can not imagine life if that happens and the only thing that do keep me going is the small hope that it can be avoided."

For me, pain and death hold no terror, not for many years. Threats to my loved ones - and that includes you - on the other hand... Well, suffice to say, I'm not immune to strong emotional triggers, much as I'd like to believe I were."

Anna gave a slight smile then she sigh again.
"I do fear death and pain but that fear is tolerable, pain while uncomfortable will eventually pass and at death there will be a new rebirth but...what the Traditions do to those like me, that I fear beyond words, and I do not know how to stop fearing that."
She muttered. Kyle sigh and put a hand on the girl's should again.
"I know how you feel Anna..."
He muttered softly.
"I knew it would be the likely outcome of surrendering when my brother too me in and I as terrified, but I wanted to preserve a world where Danielle and my parents could be happy, where they could have another child, one born right...so I still came here and told what I knew...now I stand a good chance of getting out of this intact but still at time I...am paralyzed with fear of what might happen I do not know how to advice you Mini Jace other than to say you have friends and family now that will take care of you no matter what happens."

Chicago Now:

He frowned, "Well, from what I can see, they're technically feeding it rather than doing damage... so for most literal and practical purposes, it would be a long stretch to consider it cooperating with them if we try to take the thing out in the first place..."

Crexia nodded and Udella said.
"I doubt anyone would find fault with such an action."

He nodded grimly and reloaded Adjan's gun with the clip containing the last two Primium rounds, "So, I'll try to restrain it a bit; will you be trying to banish it, or tear it apart?"

"That is the plan young man."
Crexia said she took Udella's hand and the two of them started softly chanting.

He grimaced at the sight and opened one of the Quintessence tanks, aiming his ring at the demonspawn, "Impetus tempestatis silencio mundanus ex malomagia!"

The abomination shrieked as it was hit and quickly two tentacles shot towards you. Olamide managed to shoot one of them of with her elegant, pearl handled pistol but the other one headed straight for you aiming for your head.

(OOC: Please roll dodge, well if Colin wish to dodge which I assume that he do, but you never know he can have a thing for being tentacle whipped by some abomination that should not be. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 am

"That is the plan young man." Crexia said she took Udella's hand and the two of them started softly chanting.

He changed his ammo out as well, not wishing to waste the enchanted bullets on something that would only eat them.

"Watch your back and take it down...try to avoid using magick!" Crexia ordered as she readied her whip.

He nodded and moved with the others, trying to keep some of them at least out of harms way. He raised his gun, ready to shoot the damn thing since it was apparently fully manifested. Which was bad news, along with the bad news of the Jade Demon feeding it prime magi-snacks instead of getting rid of it.

He grimaced at the sight and opened one of the Quintessence tanks, aiming his ring at the demonspawn, "Impetus tempestatis silencio mundanus ex malomagia!
The abomination shrieked as it was hit and quickly two tentacles shot towards you. Olamide managed to shoot one of them of with her elegant, pearl handled pistol but the other one headed straight for you aiming for your head.

He shot at the damn thing as well, minding the crowded room for crossfire, trying to plug the tentacle going for Colin.

// dex+firearms: 2, 3, 8, 6, 8, 6 - I think we said the diff was 8 last time when the thing was moving around, if so then the dmg roll is: 1, 4, 5, 8, 5. Not the best but not nothing or a miss >.<

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 am

You aim an hit the tentacle that where trying to hit Colin and crush the Orphan's arguably hard skull, it was not easy to hit the small, moving appendage but you did manage and while your bullet did not sever it the monstrosity did scream and flailed the tentacle meaning it was no longer going for Colin, another tentacle then when for you, trying to hit your chest, the beast was angry now. The Nephandi woman with the gun tried to shoot at the tentacle going for you but she missed and she gave you and apologetic look. Another tendril went for the tall man with the cane but he dodged, a third aimed for Cara but where stopped by your kinetic shield, hard and the creature did not like that, it did not like it at all.

(OOC: The Jade Demon himself is not here, seven member of his Household are.)

(OOC: Colin no longer need to roll dodge, Adley get to do so instead and yes 8 was the diff to hit such small moving targets.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 22, 2017 11:34 am

"I could use some hope Mentor."
Anna said and looked up at you.
"So if you have something to show me I would like to see it...though how can something you show me bring me hope that the Traditions wont...well anyway I want to see it, and I am sure my health can handle it and if I get sick, well that have happened before..."
Colin smiled wryly, "A little more meat on your bones first, sweetie; it's bound to be something of a shock, and the better your constitution at the time, the better."

The young Nephanda cocked her head to the side.
"I do not understand Mentor..."
He grimaced, and filled his voice with as much vehemence as he could muster, "Politics."

"I do think you are right that Miss Warden loved Cotta Mentor, they where tender towards one another. I guess we all need someone to keep us warm in the dark nights and yes I do not like this war, but with several factions each wanting something different for reality, how could we avoid one?"
He nodded, "Oh, the war was ever inevitable, but it's just so bloody uncivil at times..."

Anna sigh and glanced at you.
"It is good advice Mentor, but not easy to do in practice. I saw Wolfgang acknowledging that have already happened to me or will happen, that makes me not want to draw breath much less do anything. I do not want to loose my Avatar or my magick, everything that I am I can not imagine life if that happens and the only thing that do keep me going is the small hope that it can be avoided."
He nodded, "Nothing important is ever easy... But, that outcome can yet be avoided, and you're not defeated until you give up."

Anna gave a slight smile then she sigh again.
"I do fear death and pain but that fear is tolerable, pain while uncomfortable will eventually pass and at death there will be a new rebirth but...what the Traditions do to those like me, that I fear beyond words, and I do not know how to stop fearing that."
She muttered. Kyle sigh and put a hand on the girl's should again.
"I know how you feel Anna..."
He muttered softly.
"I knew it would be the likely outcome of surrendering when my brother too me in and I as terrified, but I wanted to preserve a world where Danielle and my parents could be happy, where they could have another child, one born right...so I still came here and told what I knew...now I stand a good chance of getting out of this intact but still at time I...am paralyzed with fear of what might happen I do not know how to advice you Mini Jace other than to say you have friends and family now that will take care of you no matter what happens."
He hesitated, "My Avatar was gilguled, centuries ago... She pieced herself back together. The ritual, as horrible as it is, is still not able to completely obliterate an Avatar. It's little comfort, I suppose, but it's not the end... It will take work and patience to change the practice, but I think we're on the right side of history in this - the change will come, and Avatars will no longer be torn to pieces just for being Fallen."

He shot at the damn thing as well, minding the crowded room for crossfire, trying to plug the tentacle going for Colin.
You aim an hit the tentacle that where trying to hit Colin and crush the Orphan's arguably hard skull, it was not easy to hit the small, moving appendage but you did manage and while your bullet did not sever it the monstrosity did scream and flailed the tentacle meaning it was no longer going for Colin, another tentacle then when for you, trying to hit your chest, the beast was angry now. The Nephandi woman with the gun tried to shoot at the tentacle going for you but she missed and she gave you and apologetic look. Another tendril went for the tall man with the cane but he dodged, a third aimed for Cara but where stopped by your kinetic shield, hard and the creature did not like that, it did not like it at all.
Colin flinched as the tentacle approached, and then it was gone. He gave Adley a grateful nod, and raised the gun to return the favor, still trying to wrap the tentacled blob in an anti-magical whirlwind.

((OOC: Naughty baby, trying to tentacle mommy? On the assumption Colin's got the whirlwind of mundane silence up and running (seems likely since the thing reacted), he's squeezing off a shot of Primium at the tentacle aiming for Adley. Dex+Firearms: 6,8. Schweet. Damage roll: 3,7,8,0... Okay, I almost feel a little sorry for the baby now. Razz Also, technically, it's not Diff 8 for small targets, but a +2 Diff adjustment for specific part of target - not an important distinction right now, but could prove relevant if the conditions around the battle change dramatically.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Boston November:

Colin smiled wryly, "A little more meat on your bones first, sweetie; it's bound to be something of a shock, and the better your constitution at the time, the better."

Anna sigh then she nodded.
"Ok Mentor if you say so."
She muttered.

He grimaced, and filled his voice with as much vehemence as he could muster, "Politics."

"Ah...yes, that can be a hassle sometimes."
The little girl agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "Oh, the war was ever inevitable, but it's just so bloody uncivil at times..."

"It is and so many are dead or worse, I do not like it."
The little girl said unhappily.
"There is not much that can be done about it though."

He nodded, "Nothing important is ever easy... But, that outcome can yet be avoided, and you're not defeated until you give up."

"I guess you are right Mentor, my Avatar is still there, I can feel him inside my soul, and there is still a chance."
Anna agreed with a small nod.

He hesitated, "My Avatar was gilguled, centuries ago... She pieced herself back together. The ritual, as horrible as it is, is still not able to completely obliterate an Avatar. It's little comfort, I suppose, but it's not the end...

Anna gasped and looked at you.
"But how Mentor? I thought no one came back from...from that..."
She said sounding shocked then she added softly.
"D...do you have memories of it?"
She asked and shivered. Kyle looked at you his eyes just as wide as Anna's.
"How is that even possible Sir?"
He muttered.

It will take work and patience to change the practice, but I think we're on the right side of history in this - the change will come, and Avatars will no longer be torn to pieces just for being Fallen."

"You really think such a change will come Mentor?"
Anna asked and Kyle looked a bit doubtful.
"Changing a practice that have been done for hundreds of years and which have some merit to it is not easy Sir. I mean if my dad had not kept me on my toes and he and my mom had not shaped me to be a good person I would be a little monster, literary with fireballs, I can see why the Traditions want to avoid that.

Boston Now:

Colin flinched as the tentacle approached, and then it was gone. He gave Adley a grateful nod, and raised the gun to return the favor, still trying to wrap the tentacled blob in an anti-magical whirlwind.

You aim at the tentacle going for Adley and shoot it clean of, the thing fall to the ground and turn to black goo, other than getting some of that good splashed on him...again Adley are not touched by the thing. It do seam like you got the whirlwind running and it seamed to be confusing the monstrosity and it now attacked when attacked but did not seam to be initiating attacks of it's own and now it was flailing about clearly upset at having been shot at.

(OOC: I was more thinking with that whirlwind going the child can no longer sense Jodelle's dagger so anything attacking it will get a tentacle as a thank you, though the thing is running out of tentacles fast. Yes the Diff if 6 and we modified it up since a moving tentacle is hard to hit. I tend to modify the diff up and down as I see fit when I feel it is needed and otherwise go with the regular diff of 6, so yes it could get harder or easier as things change.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Boston, November:
"It is and so many are dead or worse, I do not like it."
The little girl said unhappily.
"There is not much that can be done about it though."
Colin smiled wryly, "We can try to be honourable. Fight fiercely, and be gracious and merciful in victory, even if we can't expect the same from the enemy. Perhaps, just perhaps, earning the moral high ground on the battlefield can give us an edge, as well."

Anna gasped and looked at you.
"But how Mentor? I thought no one came back from...from that..."
She said sounding shocked then she added softly.
"D...do you have memories of it?"
She asked and shivered. Kyle looked at you his eyes just as wide as Anna's.
"How is that even possible Sir?"
He muttered.
He nodded, "I'm afraid I remember more than I should like... It seems that whoever flayed my Avatar back then missed a piece. Just one piece, big enough to retain a glimmer of consciousness, but that was enough for it to start picking itself together and... mend itself with whatever was available. She's still picking up and gluing together pieces as we go, and someday... my Avatar might become the most powerful Avatar ever, surpassing any Mage past or present in terms of raw ability. To be honest, that's a prospect that frightens me a little. That's a lot of potential power for one person to wield, and with a bit of ingenuity and quick thinking, well..."

"You really think such a change will come Mentor?"
Anna asked and Kyle looked a bit doubtful.
"Changing a practice that have been done for hundreds of years and which have some merit to it is not easy Sir. I mean if my dad had not kept me on my toes and he and my mom had not shaped me to be a good person I would be a little monster, literary with fireballs, I can see why the Traditions want to avoid that.
He nodded, "I expect in not too long, there will be sufficient public outcry and disagreement with the practice. And honestly, Kyle, your parents did a fine job of raising you; there are plenty of children who grow up as little monsters from miserably failed parenting, and they don't need fireballs to be horrid little shits..."

Chicago, Now:
You aim at the tentacle going for Adley and shoot it clean of, the thing fall to the ground and turn to black goo, other than getting some of that good splashed on him...again Adley are not touched by the thing. It do seam like you got the whirlwind running and it seamed to be confusing the monstrosity and it now attacked when attacked but did not seam to be initiating attacks of it's own and now it was flailing about clearly upset at having been shot at.
He grimaced at the ill wind blowing around the monster, "Hold your fire, people, it's confused and only responds to attacks! I'll hold it contained as long as I can, just get your dismissals ready!"

((OOC: That sounds very much appropriate; so magical a creature would be rather blinded by a whirlwind like that.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Boston November:

Colin smiled wryly, "We can try to be honourable. Fight fiercely, and be gracious and merciful in victory, even if we can't expect the same from the enemy. Perhaps, just perhaps, earning the moral high ground on the battlefield can give us an edge, as well."

Anna listened to what you had to say and nodded.
"How are one honorably and gracious and merciful in victory Mentor?"
She asked, clearly thinking you had all the answers, you where after all her teacher and she looked up to you, in many ways she was naive and where quick to believe the words and wisdom of her caretaker.

He nodded, "I'm afraid I remember more than I should like... It seems that whoever flayed my Avatar back then missed a piece. Just one piece, big enough to retain a glimmer of consciousness, but that was enough for it to start picking itself together and... mend itself with whatever was available. She's still picking up and gluing together pieces as we go, and someday... my Avatar might become the most powerful Avatar ever, surpassing any Mage past or present in terms of raw ability. To be honest, that's a prospect that frightens me a little. That's a lot of potential power for one person to wield, and with a bit of ingenuity and quick thinking, well..."

Anna patted your hand gently.
"Those can not be plesant memories Mentor."
She said softly.
"Can that happen again...I mean if I am...if a piece is left?"
She asked then she sigh.
"I guess that is pretty rare..."
She said then she looked at you her eyes growing wide.
"Do that mean that if I am sentenced and...that ritual happens and you are there with me...will part of my Avatar become a part of yours?"
She asked and shivered. Kyle still just looked at you and shivered.

He nodded, "I expect in not too long, there will be sufficient public outcry and disagreement with the practice. And honestly, Kyle, your parents did a fine job of raising you; there are plenty of children who grow up as little monsters from miserably failed parenting, and they don't need fireballs to be horrid little shits..."

"My lawyer says that there are demonstrations against the ritual on Horizon, so you might be right that change will happen."
Kyle said then he smiled a little.
"My parents did a good job yes, it was not always easy and my dad can be strict but yes they have taught me allot. And horrid little shits with magick are more dangerous than horrid little shits without magick."
He commented.

Chicago Now:

He grimaced at the ill wind blowing around the monster, "Hold your fire, people, it's confused and only responds to attacks! I'll hold it contained as long as I can, just get your dismissals ready!"

The group from the Jade Demon's Household looked at you and nodded and stopped their attack as did your own group everyone was tense though as Crexia and Udella and the two Nephandi women chanting, the monster trashed around but seamed to be completely confused.

(OOC: We should wait for Strife before taking the fight further.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 22, 2017 5:24 pm

He started to get out of the way when Colin rendered the tentacle to slime. He glanced at Cara to see if she was okay, he'd felt the thump on the shield. Then took aim only to find the thing thrashing about as if it had been electrocuted.

He held back at Colin's order, staying ready in case it decided to lash out again at someone. He listened to the mix of magick and if it the teams were trying to banish and not destroy the damn thing, he'd have to use Cita's program again. Granted he was trying to eke them out so that he didn't use them all up but if he needed to use it, that's what they were for, after all. He hoped they got rid of it, and soon. He wasn't prone to nightmares but he was just about done with tentacle horrors from beyond. Depending on if he thought he could assist or not, he provided cover or aided the other Hermetics to hasten getting rid of it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 22, 2017 6:41 pm

He started to get out of the way when Colin rendered the tentacle to slime. He glanced at Cara to see if she was okay, he'd felt the thump on the shield. Then took aim only to find the thing thrashing about as if it had been electrocuted.

Cara had gasped when the tentacle come for her but she gave you a smile and a thumbs up to show that she was okey. The monstrosity continued to trash seemingly completely confused.

He held back at Colin's order, staying ready in case it decided to lash out again at someone. He listened to the mix of magick and if it the teams were trying to banish and not destroy the damn thing, he'd have to use Cita's program again. Granted he was trying to eke them out so that he didn't use them all up but if he needed to use it, that's what they were for, after all.

Well what the two Nephandi women where doing was hard to say, they where chanting and doing rapid, controlled hand gestures but it was hard to say what they where doing other than that the man with the cane seamed to think it important enough to stand and guard them as they worked. Crexia and Udella though was going in for a kill, their words and gestures not that different than what they had used against Cotta a few minutes ago, only not executed on such a high plane.

He hoped they got rid of it, and soon. He wasn't prone to nightmares but he was just about done with tentacle horrors from beyond. Depending on if he thought he could assist or not, he provided cover or aided the other Hermetics to hasten getting rid of it.

There was hard to just jump into a fairly complex working without instruction but you guard the two older Hermetics as they chant, a couple of minutes go by but strangely enough the two workings done by two separate duos of magi that shared neither Paradigm or type of magick found some strange elegance to it, a strange form of cooperation and suddenly the monstrosity screamed, and the scream was more of a feeling in the marrow of your bone than a sound, it was almost painful and it tore through the room and then all that was left of Jodelle's child was something wet and slimy and unpleasant on the floor.

Udella collapsed from exhaustion and Crexia had to hold her up, one of the Nephandi women sank down to her knees panting and the other one looked rather exhausted as well, the man with the cane stepped out in front of the two of them placing himself between your group and the women. The two other Nephandi rushed to check on her dead and badly wounded friends. Crexia looked at the group of Nephandi, they where tired, worn down from battle and would be easy prey, then she sigh.
"We should move on."
She muttered, right now taking out someone of the Jade Demon's Household would be more trouble than it was worth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Boston, November:
Anna listened to what you had to say and nodded.
"How are one honorably and gracious and merciful in victory Mentor?"
She asked, clearly thinking you had all the answers, you where after all her teacher and she looked up to you, in many ways she was naive and where quick to believe the words and wisdom of her caretaker.
Colin smiled, "I don't have all the answers to that - no-one does - but allowing for circumstance, it generally boils down to not being cruel to one's captives, avoid collateral damage, and treat your enemy as a fellow human being, owed a certain amount of decency. Jodelle was quite surprised and receptive to being treaded with politeless and sincerity, and being offered meals of her own choice. That... provided a wealth of information we'd not have been able to gain using torture. And, as it happens, I believe it helped her avoid the darkest of terrors toward the end, knowing there was at least one who thought well of her in the crowd..."

Anna patted your hand gently.
"Those can not be plesant memories Mentor."
She said softly.
"Can that happen again...I mean if I am...if a piece is left?"
She asked then she sigh.
"I guess that is pretty rare..."
She said then she looked at you her eyes growing wide.
"Do that mean that if I am sentenced and...that ritual happens and you are there with me...will part of my Avatar become a part of yours?"
She asked and shivered. Kyle still just looked at you and shivered.
He nodded slowly, "I'll have to hold you to secrecy on this, but... yes. The memories are dreadful, if dampened by the ages, I fully believe it can be done again, and... yes, if that happens, and I am there with you, then I will quite literally pick up the pieces. A part of your dragon will live on, perhaps forever. But I would sincerely prefer to avoid that in any case."

"My lawyer says that there are demonstrations against the ritual on Horizon, so you might be right that change will happen."
Kyle said then he smiled a little.
"My parents did a good job yes, it was not always easy and my dad can be strict but yes they have taught me allot. And horrid little shits with magick are more dangerous than horrid little shits without magick."
He commented.
He nodded, "There was a recent... trial, that shook up the population. The condemned in that trial was... a person of high profile and great valour."
He smiled wryly, "A horrid little shit without magic, well... it's rather impressive what such an individual can do with some carefully selected chemicals and a box of matches, or a few feet of electrical wire..."

Chicago, Now:
The group from the Jade Demon's Household looked at you and nodded and stopped their attack as did your own group everyone was tense though as Crexia and Udella and the two Nephandi women chanting, the monster trashed around but seamed to be completely confused.
There was hard to just jump into a fairly complex working without instruction but you guard the two older Hermetics as they chant, a couple of minutes go by but strangely enough the two workings done by two separate duos of magi that shared neither Paradigm or type of magick found some strange elegance to it, a strange form of cooperation and suddenly the monstrosity screamed, and the scream was more of a feeling in the marrow of your bone than a sound, it was almost painful and it tore through the room and then all that was left of Jodelle's child was something wet and slimy and unpleasant on the floor.

Udella collapsed from exhaustion and Crexia had to hold her up, one of the Nephandi women sank down to her knees panting and the other one looked rather exhausted as well, the man with the cane stepped out in front of the two of them placing himself between your group and the women. The two other Nephandi rushed to check on her dead and badly wounded friends. Crexia looked at the group of Nephandi, they where tired, worn down from battle and would be easy prey, then she sigh.
"We should move on."
She muttered, right now taking out someone of the Jade Demon's Household would be more trouble than it was worth.
He closed the valve with a stern expression, dismissing the whirlwind as the tentacled beast disappeared, and gave the tall gentleman a small, polite bow, "We meet again. I am glad we caught up with your fight before that creature had time to kill you all - I'm afraid such a magic eater would have been a far more formidable opponent when fully gorged on Magi. If you meet another of those children, I would advise you not to feed it in such a manner again."
He gave Udella and Crexia a quick glance, "A fight between us now would not be expedient; my party is headed down in that direction," he gestured toward Devourer of Fetuses' room, and Matty's room, and the main Node chamber beyond that, "and I believe it would convenience us both if you chose another path; one which does not cross ours."

((OOC: Oh, and that surgery I had scheduled for October? Got a phone call today from the hospital - they rescheduled to the 31st of this month. Which means six-day weekend while high as a kite for me. Wink Well, probably not quite high as a kite, but certainly drugged so well as to not feel pain for some time... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 23, 2017 4:49 am

Boston November:

Colin smiled, "I don't have all the answers to that - no-one does - but allowing for circumstance, it generally boils down to not being cruel to one's captives, avoid collateral damage, and treat your enemy as a fellow human being, owed a certain amount of decency.

Anna nodded to what you where saying.
"So no torturing of captives, trying not to harm those around you when you fight and treating your enemies as human beings? But what when your enemy is not human Mentor? Also what do you mean with decency I do not understand."

Jodelle was quite surprised and receptive to being treaded with politeless and sincerity, and being offered meals of her own choice. That... provided a wealth of information we'd not have been able to gain using torture. And, as it happens, I believe it helped her avoid the darkest of terrors toward the end, knowing there was at least one who thought well of her in the crowd..."

"I see, well I am glad she was not mistreated though I am not glad she gave up information about the Labyrinth, and yes I do think it helped, I know I would think it was worse to have to face...that...all alone."
Anna said and looked down and shivered. Jodelle you remember had gone into the Sentencing Hall, her head held high, she was bound and naked and yet behaved like a queen in court, a few times she had looked at the crowd seeking your face, especially as she spoke her final words, and then when it was over she hand tried to stand, if the Black Cabal had not ended her the second she got to her feet she would have fallen over again, but she tried to stand, showing herself never to be broken.

He nodded slowly, "I'll have to hold you to secrecy on this, but... yes. The memories are dreadful, if dampened by the ages, I fully believe it can be done again, and... yes, if that happens, and I am there with you, then I will quite literally pick up the pieces. A part of your dragon will live on, perhaps forever. But I would sincerely prefer to avoid that in any case."

Anna looked at you for a long time then she squeezed your hand.
"I am sorry you have those memories Mentor and I am not going to say anything to anyone."
She commented and Kyle nodded.
"I am not going to say anything Sir."
Anna then gave a weak smile.
"At least there is some comfort in that, knowing that something of my glass dragon will survive no matter what, but no I would rather keep him healthy and happy for myself."

He nodded, "There was a recent... trial, that shook up the population. The condemned in that trial was... a person of high profile and great valour."

Kyle looked at you for a moment then looked down.
"I see, so when it is not just captured Nephandi and Orphan widderslainte kids but one of the Traditions favorite then everyone get worried for their own spiritual hides...and those of their Cabalmates and apprentices."
He muttered.

He smiled wryly, "A horrid little shit without magic, well... it's rather impressive what such an individual can do with some carefully selected chemicals and a box of matches, or a few feet of electrical wire..."

"Well true, you do have a point there Sir."
Kyle said and grimaced.

Chicago Now:

He closed the valve with a stern expression, dismissing the whirlwind as the tentacled beast disappeared, and gave the tall gentleman a small, polite bow, "We meet again. I am glad we caught up with your fight before that creature had time to kill you all - I'm afraid such a magic eater would have been a far more formidable opponent when fully gorged on Magi. If you meet another of those children, I would advise you not to feed it in such a manner again."

The tall, elegant man returned your bow with a bit of a flurry.
"Ah yes it was beginning to dawn on us that the monstrosity ate magick by the time you arrived."
He said and nodded.
"We will keep in in mind if we encounter such a beast again, though I hope not, they are proving to be quite a hassle to deal with. I assume thanking your for your aid would not go over well Sir so let me just say I am glad we got rid of it."
He said, still keeping himself between the two tired spirit mages and the party of Traditionalists.

He gave Udella and Crexia a quick glance, "A fight between us now would not be expedient; my party is headed down in that direction," he gestured toward Devourer of Fetuses' room, and Matty's room, and the main Node chamber beyond that, "and I believe it would convenience us both if you chose another path; one which does not cross ours."

Mr Zhang nodded as he glanced at his wounded companion and spoke something in Mandarin to the woman tending to the two fallen members of the party and she replied and shook her head, then he turned to you.
"Ah yes I quite agree kind Sir such a fight would be unnecessary, we have not passed the main Node but have been in several of the corridors leading that direction and they seam fairly clear for now, but there are heavy fighting further into the Labyrinth."
He informed you then he said.
"We will be healing our wounded and dealing with the body of our dead and then press on in an other direction than your group then ladies and gentlemen."
He agreed with another elegant bow.

(OOC: I am glad you are getting it taken care of sooner. Good luck.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 23, 2017 5:45 am

He allowed himself a breath of relief as he saw it finally go down, noting how much it had taken out of the elder mages and giving a look to everyone to make sure they were alright. He also gave Colin a nod of thanks, as well. But his attention was not fully diverted from the other Nephandi in the room. Different Household or not, the fellow they'd seen before had stepped between both groups, and both groups were vulnerable while they recovered. He eyed them warily then the rest of the area they were in until they were able to continue, keeping a quiet backup for Colin and the others while his cabalmate exchanged a few words and they could move onward.

// glad to hear that you are going to get that seen to sooner than later!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 am

Everyone in your own group seamed to be alright but Udella was weakening, she had done to much complicated magick for her own good in to short a time and she needed a rest, which there where no time for. The group of Nephandi was worse of, they where exhausted, and one of them where dead with another badly wounded. One of them a woman was tending to the wounded mage while the other two who where fairly alright stood guard over their Spirit Ars practitioners while they recovered.

Crexia eyed the group of Nephandi but said nothing instead she lead her group past them, and into a new corridor, there where several men and women on the floor here, dead, four in all, they had been shot, burned and ripped up, it looked like they had run into the group from the Jade Demon's Household and things had not gone well for them. A fifth person, a woman was badly wounded, she was pretty, chubby with long dark hair in a ponytail, she had taken two bullets to her midsection though and had one arm badly burned, even so she was trying to use her phone, probably to call for help or to rapport what had taken place, the woman was in to much pain and to out of it from blood loss to really notice that your group entered the corridor she was in, this might the patrol that Edmund was a part of before he left to see to his Mentor.

This is the corridor that have Devour of Fetuses aka Anna's room as well as several other bedrooms, Matty's room are round the next bend.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 23, 2017 11:21 am

Boston, November:
Anna nodded to what you where saying.
"So no torturing of captives, trying not to harm those around you when you fight and treating your enemies as human beings? But what when your enemy is not human Mentor? Also what do you mean with decency I do not understand."
Colin nodded, "When your enemy is not human... well, that rather depends. Is it a thinking being? Then it should be treated as such - spirits can be negotiated with, even coaxed into a new form after everything's taken from them, like the one I befriended in the Labyrinth. Cyborgs aren't entirely human anymore, on a physical level, but one can still deal with them on a personal level. Be polite, show some compassion and empathy. If the enemy is a ravening monstrosity that can't be communicated with, of course, then there's little to do except offer a clean death as soon as possible, but... if you take a prisoner who knows what that means, don't keep them as playthings. Give them a measure of privacy, a measure of actual protection, food and shelter, treat them almost like a guest instead of a captive - that's a show of superior strength and superior ethics; treating your enemies as well as your allies."

"I see, well I am glad she was not mistreated though I am not glad she gave up information about the Labyrinth, and yes I do think it helped, I know I would think it was worse to have to face...that...all alone."
Anna said and looked down and shivered. Jodelle you remember had gone into the Sentencing Hall, her head held high, she was bound and naked and yet behaved like a queen in court, a few times she had looked at the crowd seeking your face, especially as she spoke her final words, and then when it was over she hand tried to stand, if the Black Cabal had not ended her the second she got to her feet she would have fallen over again, but she tried to stand, showing herself never to be broken.
He nodded, "She stood upright, even after it was all over, she stood up by her own power. I should have liked to know her under more peaceful circumstances, but... such was not Fate."

Anna looked at you for a long time then she squeezed your hand.
"I am sorry you have those memories Mentor and I am not going to say anything to anyone."
She commented and Kyle nodded.
"I am not going to say anything Sir."
Anna then gave a weak smile.
"At least there is some comfort in that, knowing that something of my glass dragon will survive no matter what, but no I would rather keep him healthy and happy for myself."
He smiled, "Thanks, kids... And yes, I should rather see your glass dragon hale and hearty than to hold a few pieces and a world of grief..."

Kyle looked at you for a moment then looked down.
"I see, so when it is not just captured Nephandi and Orphan widderslainte kids but one of the Traditions favorite then everyone get worried for their own spiritual hides...and those of their Cabalmates and apprentices."
He muttered.
He nodded, "She made the decision for herself, knowing the consequences. I think, perhaps, she innately understood that her sacrifice would give the Traditions the shock we needed. It's cynical, it's heartbreaking, but it can lead us to a better tomorrow."

Chicago, Now:
The tall, elegant man returned your bow with a bit of a flurry.
"Ah yes it was beginning to dawn on us that the monstrosity ate magick by the time you arrived."
He said and nodded.
"We will keep in in mind if we encounter such a beast again, though I hope not, they are proving to be quite a hassle to deal with. I assume thanking your for your aid would not go over well Sir so let me just say I am glad we got rid of it."
He said, still keeping himself between the two tired spirit mages and the party of Traditionalists.
He nodded, "I've had the distinct experience to meet two of these things before, as well as their human mother. They prove a very nasty surprise for the uninformed, I'm afraid."

Mr Zhang nodded as he glanced at his wounded companion and spoke something in Mandarin to the woman tending to the two fallen members of the party and she replied and shook her head, then he turned to you.
"Ah yes I quite agree kind Sir such a fight would be unnecessary, we have not passed the main Node but have been in several of the corridors leading that direction and they seam fairly clear for now, but there are heavy fighting further into the Labyrinth."
He informed you then he said.
"We will be healing our wounded and dealing with the body of our dead and then press on in an other direction than your group then ladies and gentlemen."
He agreed with another elegant bow.
He nodded, and took a small bow, "Very well, Mr. Zhang. I can't wish you luck - legally - but I believe I can state that I should not like to meet you again, as I expect I would be bound by law and honour to seek your immediate demise or capture at such a time. I do not think that would be a pleasant encounter, for either of us."

Crexia eyed the group of Nephandi but said nothing instead she lead her group past them, and into a new corridor, there where several men and women on the floor here, dead, four in all, they had been shot, burned and ripped up, it looked like they had run into the group from the Jade Demon's Household and things had not gone well for them. A fifth person, a woman was badly wounded, she was pretty, chubby with long dark hair in a ponytail, she had taken two bullets to her midsection though and had one arm badly burned, even so she was trying to use her phone, probably to call for help or to rapport what had taken place, the woman was in to much pain and to out of it from blood loss to really notice that your group entered the corridor she was in, this might the patrol that Edmund was a part of before he left to see to his Mentor.
He followed Crexia and, spotting the surviving Nephanda, sighed and pulled out James' pistol and stepped over to finish the poor woman before she could report; a single shot, point blank, to the head...

((OOC: Augh, more euthanasia. :/ Am I going to have to roll for that one? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Boston November:

Colin nodded, "When your enemy is not human... well, that rather depends. Is it a thinking being? Then it should be treated as such - spirits can be negotiated with, even coaxed into a new form after everything's taken from them, like the one I befriended in the Labyrinth. Cyborgs aren't entirely human anymore, on a physical level, but one can still deal with them on a personal level. Be polite, show some compassion and empathy.

"Like our werbears, I liked them, they would give me piggy back rides."
Anna said then she sigh.
"But then I had to bathe, they had lice, and worse...but I miss them...I think I understand if my enemy is thinking and feeling I should try to reason with them rather than try to kill them outright?"
She asked.

If the enemy is a ravening monstrosity that can't be communicated with, of course, then there's little to do except offer a clean death as soon as possible, but... if you take a prisoner who knows what that means, don't keep them as playthings. Give them a measure of privacy, a measure of actual protection, food and shelter, treat them almost like a guest instead of a captive - that's a show of superior strength and superior ethics; treating your enemies as well as your allies."

Anna looked and you and nodded she tapped her feet on the floor and played with a hole in her bright red socks.
"That is not how prisoners where treated in the Labyrinth, Tian tried at times but generally they where...not treated well."
She said then she considered it for a moment.
"But I can see how it could be a show of strength to not have to treat someone nice but to do so anyway, and I guess I would be more likely to say something to someone who where nice to me, than someone who hurt me and I decided to try all I could to stay silent just to spite them."
She said then she glanced up again.
"What are superior ethics I do not understand Mentor? Keeping to a law better?"

He nodded, "She stood upright, even after it was all over, she stood up by her own power. I should have liked to know her under more peaceful circumstances, but... such was not Fate."

"She stood after...that...I did not think anyone could do that. Miss Jerkins was quite something."
Anna said sounding impressed.
"I doubt many can manage that feat..."
She nodded.
"She could be nice, she would make waffles sometimes but her children are scary."

He smiled, "Thanks, kids... And yes, I should rather see your glass dragon hale and hearty than to hold a few pieces and a world of grief..."

Anna looked at you and nodded then she seamed surprised.
"You would grieve for me Mentor?"
Then she smiled a little.

He nodded, "She made the decision for herself, knowing the consequences. I think, perhaps, she innately understood that her sacrifice would give the Traditions the shock we needed. It's cynical, it's heartbreaking, but it can lead us to a better tomorrow."

Kyle sigh and nodded.
"If it helps and her sacrifice save us...then we will have more to thank her for than...I can express it must have taken...allot of bravery to do that."
He muttered softly.
"Poor girl..."

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "I've had the distinct experience to meet two of these things before, as well as their human mother. They prove a very nasty surprise for the uninformed, I'm afraid."

"Ah yes...I thought these would be...contract gifts...most horrible and I am sure my group will be better able to handle it it the future."
Mr Zhang said and gave you a smile though his eyes went to their wounded member and the two mages trying to help.

He nodded, and took a small bow, "Very well, Mr. Zhang. I can't wish you luck - legally - but I believe I can state that I should not like to meet you again, as I expect I would be bound by law and honour to seek your immediate demise or capture at such a time. I do not think that would be a pleasant encounter, for either of us."

"Ah yes indeed such an encounter would be most unfortunate, but we can not always control the will of fate, if it should happen then know I bare you no ill will Sir, but yes it is much preferable to avoid that, and know I to would hate to be forced to kill you to defend myself or my Master's Household, the world have to few of such civilized men."
He said and bowed again, with a bit of a flurry this time as well, he was very good looking and he knew it, he enjoyed it, but he managed to do so without being haughty or arrogant about it.

He followed Crexia and, spotting the surviving Nephanda, sighed and pulled out James' pistol and stepped over to finish the poor woman before she could report; a single shot, point blank, to the head...

The woman was fairly helpless, she hardly knew you where there in the pain of her injuries, she made a slight whimpering sound as you shot her, but whatever or not that was due to a brief flash of pain or due to small contractions in her body as her dying brain protested to the shock was hard to know, then she lay still. Crexia looked at the woman and hardly made any expression, Cara and Rosario flinched from the gunshot though.
"So much...death..."
Rosario whispered. Crexia sigh.
"Unfortunately yes child..such is war...now we need to get that marble I do believe that door over there lead to the young prisoner's chambers."
She said and pointed at Anna's door.

(OOC: No the woman is on the ground helpless killing her is not something you can really fail at. Colin is not going to be a happy mage after all of this is said and done...poor Colin.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Boston, November:
"Like our werbears, I liked them, they would give me piggy back rides."
Anna said then she sigh.
"But then I had to bathe, they had lice, and worse...but I miss them...I think I understand if my enemy is thinking and feeling I should try to reason with them rather than try to kill them outright?"
She asked.
Colin nodded, "Something like that... Your enemy might not be willing to reason, but that's rather irrelevant; besides, treating prisoners right leaves less of a... burden on yourself, in the long run."

Anna looked and you and nodded she tapped her feet on the floor and played with a hole in her bright red socks.
"That is not how prisoners where treated in the Labyrinth, Tian tried at times but generally they where...not treated well."
She said then she considered it for a moment.
"But I can see how it could be a show of strength to not have to treat someone nice but to do so anyway, and I guess I would be more likely to say something to someone who where nice to me, than someone who hurt me and I decided to try all I could to stay silent just to spite them."
She said then she glanced up again.
"What are superior ethics I do not understand Mentor? Keeping to a law better?"
He nodded, "More to the point, holding the spirit of the law to a higher standard than merely the letter of it would suggest; just because something is techically legal owing to, say, an omission in the text due to something that was developed later doesn't mean it's ethical or right to do so. If, for example, a law on narcotics has an extensive list of prohibited drugs, and someone develops a new, potent formula not on that list, it's technically legal, but just as unethical and wrong to manufacture and sell it on the streets as any of the illegal drugs. There are unfortunately a lot of people, Mage and Sleeper alike, who consider something quite alright if there's no explicit law against it, even if it's obviously contrary to the spirit of the law. Then again, there are a lot of people who don't care for the letter of the law, either, and only worry about whether or not they can get away with it without being caught... Those people have severely failing ethics."

"She stood after...that...I did not think anyone could do that. Miss Jerkins was quite something."
Anna said sounding impressed.
"I doubt many can manage that feat..."
She nodded.
"She could be nice, she would make waffles sometimes but her children are scary."
He nodded, "A true warrior's spirit, worthy of respect. And yes, her children are the scariest I've ever met - and if I never encounter their like again, that'll be just fine by me."

Anna looked at you and nodded then she seamed surprised.
"You would grieve for me Mentor?"
Then she smiled a little.
He smiled, "Of course. I'm quite fond of you, little grasshopper."

Kyle sigh and nodded.
"If it helps and her sacrifice save us...then we will have more to thank her for than...I can express it must have taken...allot of bravery to do that."
He muttered softly.
"Poor girl..."
He nodded, "And she did it to save another, quite immediately, from such a fate. You've heard Molly's opera performances, haven't you?"

Chicago, Now:
The woman was fairly helpless, she hardly knew you where there in the pain of her injuries, she made a slight whimpering sound as you shot her, but whatever or not that was due to a brief flash of pain or due to small contractions in her body as her dying brain protested to the shock was hard to know, then she lay still. Crexia looked at the woman and hardly made any expression, Cara and Rosario flinched from the gunshot though.
"So much...death..."
Rosario whispered. Crexia sigh.
"Unfortunately yes child..such is war...now we need to get that marble I do believe that door over there lead to the young prisoner's chambers."
She said and pointed at Anna's door.
Colin sighed and picked up the woman's phone, making sure it wasn't calling anyone and shut it off, "I suppose this should be taken in for analysis later... I've turned it off, though; shall I just pocket it for now, or does anyone have a pocket realm they want to stick it in for safety?"
He then took a quick round to close the fallen Nephandi's eyes, as a last courtesy, muttering a brief, half-forgotten prayer for their souls before straightening up and facing Anna's door, fishing out his Prime monocle again, "Well, best make sure before I touch this... Magia spectare!"

((OOC: Simple P1 check to see if there is any magic on the door, like a ward of any sort. Arete roll: 5,7,7. Should be good.))
((OOC2: After these fights are done, Colin's going to ask Adjan about his personal and Traditional recommendations for coping with the taking of so many lives in short order. And then, perhaps, they'll both go and get good and drunk. :/ ))
((OOC3: Also, thanks, guys, I'm quite happy getting four months cut off the wait, in addition to the foreskin. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Boston November:

Colin nodded, "Something like that... Your enemy might not be willing to reason, but that's rather irrelevant; besides, treating prisoners right leaves less of a... burden on yourself, in the long run."

"I see...my first Mentor wanted to teach me to torture prisoners but...I could not do it, not to a person bound down and helpless, they screamed so much when he...I...do not want to do that...ever..."
Anna said and her eyes grew wide with fear.
"He put...needles into...their brains..."
She muttered and touched her eyes after closing them and suppressed a sob.

He nodded, "More to the point, holding the spirit of the law to a higher standard than merely the letter of it would suggest; just because something is techically legal owing to, say, an omission in the text due to something that was developed later doesn't mean it's ethical or right to do so. If, for example, a law on narcotics has an extensive list of prohibited drugs, and someone develops a new, potent formula not on that list, it's technically legal, but just as unethical and wrong to manufacture and sell it on the streets as any of the illegal drugs.

"I was always taught that...the world is wrong and a terrible place so I should do what I please only bound by the rules of my Labyrinth."
Anna said.
"And drugs should not that be up to the individual whatever they what to take them or not? But I guess I see what you mean but I do not really understand."
She said and played some more with the hole in her sock.
"What are your ethics Mentor? What are mine?"

There are unfortunately a lot of people, Mage and Sleeper alike, who consider something quite alright if there's no explicit law against it, even if it's obviously contrary to the spirit of the law. Then again, there are a lot of people who don't care for the letter of the law, either, and only worry about whether or not they can get away with it without being caught... Those people have severely failing ethics."

"But would not personal right and wrong sometime be different than law Mentor? I do not think taking drugs is wrong, or really doing anything that do not hurt someone, but some laws still are against it. Sleeper law prohibits you from holding me here as I am a minor and should be turned over to...to...ehm..."
Anna said and searched for the word.
"Child protective services."
Kyle commented and the girl nodded.
"Yeah those, but Tradition law would punish you harshly if you let me go, what do you do when laws clash?"
She asked looking confused then she got a faraway look in her eyes.
"There was a woman once, she came home with two hares she had hunted, we ate...and then she went out to plant seeds in the ground, saying that when you take, you should give back twice as much...I...well it is perhaps just a dream, it is so foggy..."
The little girl muttered.

He nodded, "A true warrior's spirit, worthy of respect. And yes, her children are the scariest I've ever met - and if I never encounter their like again, that'll be just fine by me."

"Yeah she...was strong and brave...but no I would not want to meet her children again, they eat magick you know, one of them ate the ward to my room once...and I spent hours on that...it was a good ward to, the meanies..."
Anna said and pouted.

He smiled, "Of course. I'm quite fond of you, little grasshopper."

Anna gave you a big smile.
"I am fond of you to Mentor..."
She said, need for a protector, fear and the need for comfort and that you had treated her kindly had made her quite quickly accepted you as a father figure.

He nodded, "And she did it to save another, quite immediately, from such a fate. You've heard Molly's opera performances, haven't you?"

"I do not know who this Molly is so no, is that the one the woman you speak of saved Sir?"
Kyle asked then he nodded.
"Perhaps I will get the chance to put flowers on her grave, if she is dead that is, I guess she could be with the messengers, the Mercere that is their name right, I assume..."

Chicago Now:

Colin sighed and picked up the woman's phone, making sure it wasn't calling anyone and shut it off, "I suppose this should be taken in for analysis later... I've turned it off, though; shall I just pocket it for now, or does anyone have a pocket realm they want to stick it in for safety?"

The phone was not calling anyone though the woman had almost managed to call someone named BK. The background image of her phone was a picture taken of what had to be Labyrinth flesh, a well, ehm...male organ with eyes down the side, the woman had clearly found it a very attractive picture since she had made it her wallpaper. Crexia nodded and held her hand out for the phone.
"Did she manage to call anyone young man? And I will take care of the phone."

He then took a quick round to close the fallen Nephandi's eyes, as a last courtesy, muttering a brief, half-forgotten prayer for their souls before straightening up and facing Anna's door, fishing out his Prime monocle again, "Well, best make sure before I touch this... Magia spectare!"

The little counterspeller's door was warded with a powerful, complicated ward, the spell was beautifully woven, well as beautiful as the dark magick of the Nephandi could be and quite complex seaming to protect both against magickal attacks from the outside and also give a nasty curse to whoever entered the little girl's room without permission.

(OOC: Yes Mini Jace's door is warded what did you expect it is her specialty.)
(OOC 2: Yeah that might be wise...both of the ideas.)
(OOC 3: I hope it will go well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Boston, November:
"I see...my first Mentor wanted to teach me to torture prisoners but...I could not do it, not to a person bound down and helpless, they screamed so much when he...I...do not want to do that...ever..."
Anna said and her eyes grew wide with fear.
"He put...needles into...their brains..."
She muttered and touched her eyes after closing them and suppressed a sob.
Colin frowned and hugged Anna close, "You won't have to... and Gabriel won't do it again, either."

"I was always taught that...the world is wrong and a terrible place so I should do what I please only bound by the rules of my Labyrinth."
Anna said.
"And drugs should not that be up to the individual whatever they what to take them or not? But I guess I see what you mean but I do not really understand."
She said and played some more with the hole in her sock.
"What are your ethics Mentor? What are mine?"
He pondered for a moment, "The world is flawed, I'll grant that - but that's not a good reason for nihilism, I think. It's a call to action to improve that which is flawed. And I don't really object much to recreational drug use on a personal level, but I have to warn you that there's always a risk of addiction - and that risk is the reason why the manufacture and distribution of narcotics is illegal. But if you want a clearer explanation of the dangers of drug abuse, I can certainly point you toward the Cult of Ecstasy; they know how to act responsibly in that regard."
He took a deep breath, "As for my ethics - and perhaps yours, as well - Truth, Honesty and Kindness form the cornerstones. I'll admit, I haven't given much thought to formally codifying it, though, and I should certainly get around to that."

"But would not personal right and wrong sometime be different than law Mentor? I do not think taking drugs is wrong, or really doing anything that do not hurt someone, but some laws still are against it. Sleeper law prohibits you from holding me here as I am a minor and should be turned over to...to...ehm..."
Anna said and searched for the word.
"Child protective services."
Kyle commented and the girl nodded.
"Yeah those, but Tradition law would punish you harshly if you let me go, what do you do when laws clash?"
He smiled wryly, "Now you're getting clever in your questions. Yes, there are laws that are unjust, and those laws need to be corrected, though that's a slow process. As for CPS, true, if they were to learn of you, they'd have certain things to say - and I'm afraid any such official agent would have to have their memories tampered with for it, for their own protection as well as yours. Pragmatically, if you have to choose between breaking two laws, break the one which will have less negative consequences overall. Not just to yourself, but to others affected by your decision.

She asked looking confused then she got a faraway look in her eyes.
"There was a woman once, she came home with two hares she had hunted, we ate...and then she went out to plant seeds in the ground, saying that when you take, you should give back twice as much...I...well it is perhaps just a dream, it is so foggy..."
The little girl muttered.
He arched an eyebrow, "That sounds like a parable. Perhaps a memory or a bit of guidance from your dragon. There's truth and wisdom in it, though - one who only takes what they need to live, but gives nothing back will eventually starve, while the one who plants anew and prepares for the future will have plenty."

"Yeah she...was strong and brave...but no I would not want to meet her children again, they eat magick you know, one of them ate the ward to my room once...and I spent hours on that...it was a good ward to, the meanies..."
Anna said and pouted.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, I'm sure your ward was quite excellent. How would you permit others to bypass it?"

Anna gave you a big smile.
"I am fond of you to Mentor..."
She said, need for a protector, fear and the need for comfort and that you had treated her kindly had made her quite quickly accepted you as a father figure.
He stroked her upper back gently, "Thank you."

"I do not know who this Molly is so no, is that the one the woman you speak of saved Sir?"
Kyle asked then he nodded.
"Perhaps I will get the chance to put flowers on her grave, if she is dead that is, I guess she could be with the messengers, the Mercere that is their name right, I assume..."
He nodded, "I'll make sure to get you the link to her YouTube channel."

Chicago, Now:
The phone was not calling anyone though the woman had almost managed to call someone named BK. The background image of her phone was a picture taken of what had to be Labyrinth flesh, a well, ehm...male organ with eyes down the side, the woman had clearly found it a very attractive picture since she had made it her wallpaper. Crexia nodded and held her hand out for the phone.
"Did she manage to call anyone young man? And I will take care of the phone."
He shook his head, handing the phone over to Crexia "She never managed to hit dial... She was trying to reach someone called BK... Hum, presumably not Burger King. And that's a rather impressive bit of interior decor she chose for her wallpaper..."

The little counterspeller's door was warded with a powerful, complicated ward, the spell was beautifully woven, well as beautiful as the dark magick of the Nephandi could be and quite complex seaming to protect both against magickal attacks from the outside and also give a nasty curse to whoever entered the little girl's room without permission.
He let out a low whistle, "I've picked a brilliant apprentice, it seems... this is magnificent work, even if it's so wrong... Let me see now..."

((OOC: Well, I knew her specialty was counterspells; not necessarily wards. But, yeah, clever girl. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next