Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 25 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 26, 2017 3:40 am

Crexia move past Matty Carlyle's chambers as quietly as she could, trying not to alert the chamber's occupant, the group of magic following behind. You see Cara glancing at the eyes, genitalia, bones and other random bits growing out of the wall with disgust, Leon looked like he needed to throw up again, this was much worse than the bits of Labyrinth flesh which had been seen before. There was a eerie silence as the group moved, your footsteps echoing in the empty hallway only now and again joined by some fleshy sound from the wall.

You where nearly at the bend in the corridor when you felt something watch you, there was a presence there, a presence you had felt before, powerful but broken, you could feel Matty's mad, mournful soul watching you, though now probably from inside of his host's soul, as some Avatars clearly could be more active and could sense the world with other means than the eyes of the host, but the presence was there and it knew the group of Traditionalists where close and then he seamed to focus on you, perhaps because he had sensed you before and you got that feeling of sorrow and destructiveness, of something so wrong, an abomination knowing how far it had fallen from what it was, you could nearly hear his screams as he watched you, or ore stared at you as your group passed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 25 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Tane Karyak Fri May 26, 2017 6:56 am

Oh, ok... I guess i'm a little jumpy then, that was a good call. He said and turned towards the big guy Ah!
Hello then, and pleased to meet you. I'm Tane Karyak.
He extended his hand for a shake I'm sorry, but i barely know my cabalmates. I'd like to meet all together, and know each other, maybe start any proyect, but as this shitstorm is raging i don't think we'll have much chance.

THen He faced Amadeus again I came to ask you something. We have fully healed Tobias of his poisoning, but now he has been depleted of quintessence. He needs rest and we wanted to move him down here. Looks like nobody wanted to make the sick bay but i'm building it all the same jajajja. So, i wanted to ask permition for that.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 26, 2017 7:31 am

Oh, ok... I guess i'm a little jumpy then, that was a good call. He said and turned towards the big guy Ah!

"I think we all are a little jumpy at the moment so that is no problem."
Amadeus said and smiled.

Hello then, and pleased to meet you. I'm Tane Karyak. He extended his hand for a shake I'm sorry, but i barely know my cabalmates. I'd like to meet all together, and know each other, maybe start any proyect, but as this shitstorm is raging i don't think we'll have much chance.

"I heard we had gotten a Dreamspeaker. I am Bruce King."
The man said and he shook her hand firmly.
"Yeah things have gone of the rails that is for sure, but once we have dealt with the bloody Nephandi when we can sit down over dinner."
He agreed and nodded.

THen He faced Amadeus again I came to ask you something. We have fully healed Tobias of his poisoning, but now he has been depleted of quintessence. He needs rest and we wanted to move him down here. Looks like nobody wanted to make the sick bay but i'm building it all the same jajajja. So, i wanted to ask permition for that.

"Well an infirmary are being considered but not here at the Node but rather ut in the attic where there is room."
Amadeus said then he nodded.
"Hum the kid we brought in, the poisoned one, good to hear he is better. Well I guess there is room for one more in the stone bowl at the center of the Node but bring some blankets and pillows for him, unless Bee gets scared by his presence I see no reason why he can not rest here as well."
The old Verbena said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 am

Boston, November:
"True that Sir but then the angry rock need some way to launch itself, generally they do not move on their own, no matter how angry they are, unless magick is involved."
Kyle said wryly.
Colin sighed, "True, but Paradox does strange things..."

The little girl shivered and looked down.
"So if I am sentenced that is it, I am done for? The ritual will happen?"
She asked fearfully.
He patted her back, "If you are sentenced - and that's still not certain - then you will receive an indefinite stay, owing to your health. If your Avatar is returned to its earlier state before that time, there'll be a retrial - one which will overturn the previous sentence. That's my hope for you - that I can manage to guide you back to the light, and to a long and good life."

Anna sigh and nodded.
"Well it is not the most dignified thing in the world, to be collared like a dog, but it is better than those injections by far."
She muttered.
He smiled wryly, "Well, I am a silversmith - there's a lot I can do to make it look like a fashion statement rather than, well, such a lock. But yes, it's better than the injections, and should manage to get around the worry that you might escape handcuffs. Plus, it would allow full freedom of motion."

The little girl seamed to consider this and found some wisdom in it.
"Yeah...you are right Mentor, if my Glass Dragon want friends being a beach would be a good thing, but he says he can not become one now, not that we have been to the Caul and he is changed...he is sad over that but no longer understand how to be beach I think."
She said softly.
"I do not want him to be sad, him being sad makes me sad as well."
He smiled, "I don't think the Caul is a one-way street. What it did... can be undone, with lots of effort. There are some people in power who wish to believe it to be irreversible, though, and that is a problem..."

Anna nodded and smiled.
"Gabriel was very wise..."
He nodded, "An enemy not entirely without merits."

Anna shook her head at that.
"No I think you have to still be a mage to be sent to MECHA, I do not know but I overheard some of the others at the Labyrinth say that it is one of the Technocracy's greatest sources of Quintessence, they send mages and sleepers they forcefully Awaken to MECHA and fit them with talismans that suck Quintessence out of them as they are forced to work, you have to have an Avatar to be able to channel Quintessence into such a talisman, even against your will."
The little girl said then she smiled a little and nodded.
"Ok, I could protect you Mentor, and Kyle as well, and Rosa and Andrew and Freddy to...perhaps Dr Lee and your Cabalmate as well if I am in a good mood."
She said proudly.
"I am very fast, Gabriel says so."
He nodded, "Yes, and the ones who are kept as Quintessence batteries are the lucky ones - they can be rescued. But not every Mage is someone they'll want to keep for that purpose... Some of us are deemed... too dangerous, perhaps."

Chicago, Now:
Olamide sigh and looked off into the distance.
"It is so hard to have helped to do...do that to...someone with feelings and hopes and dreams and not just some inhuman monster."
She said and shook his head.
"I am not sure if I can ever get that woman's screaming face, the look in her eyes as we...I am not sure I can ever get it out of my head...but yes we are told the Nephandi are just monsters, and I am sure they use that image to their advantage."
The Tytalus muttered sadly.
He sighed, "That goes both ways, too, you know... Fallen children in a Labyrinth have their Mentors look under the bed for Traditionalists... It's a sorry state of affairs."

"You are welcome young man, but we have no time to go around the room to pick up figurines, if need be new trinkets can be bought for the girl if she miss them, right now we have to deal with that portal before it is to late and we can not dally any longer."
Crexia said urgently and headed for the door.
"We are leaving now."
She said as she put away her embroidery cloth and the portal to her pocket realm closed as she walked out.
He nodded, "As you say, Milady. Then we have salvaged all that is to be salvaged."

"Yes indeed I do not want to have to deal with her and the portal at the same time."
Crexia said and frowned. She lead the group around the next bend in the spiraling Labyrinth, the corridor you now entered into was almost completely covered by fleshy bits with organs, eyes and bone growing out of the walls and roof, other than that the corridor was like the last one, with several doors leading to personal quarters. Crexia pointed at one of the doors.
"That would be Miss Carlyle's room..."
She whispered.
"At least according to the map."
He nodded and gave the door a wide berth.

((OOC: Well, vanishing into a book is one of the best excuses for this sort of thing. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 26, 2017 11:20 am

Boston November:

Colin sighed, "True, but Paradox does strange things..."

Kyle nodded.
"True Sir it do at that."

He patted her back, "If you are sentenced - and that's still not certain - then you will receive an indefinite stay, owing to your health.

"One very good reason not to try to get better then, and not let Dr Lee poke and prod at me."
Anna said sourly.

If your Avatar is returned to its earlier state before that time, there'll be a retrial - one which will overturn the previous sentence. That's my hope for you - that I can manage to guide you back to the light, and to a long and good life."

"Staying sick it is then...as sick as possible. I do not think I can...go back as I do not want to, i would only try out fear of that ritual, and then i doubt it would work. Less food and sleeping on the floor perhaps, this is a cellar so that should keep me sick."
The young Nephanda muttered fearfully.

He smiled wryly, "Well, I am a silversmith - there's a lot I can do to make it look like a fashion statement rather than, well, such a lock. But yes, it's better than the injections, and should manage to get around the worry that you might escape handcuffs. Plus, it would allow full freedom of motion."

"Yeah I guess you can make it pretty, and that is better but it is what it is. But I am not going to protest if I can avoid those injections, I will wear the thing."
Anna said sadly and played with her socks again.
"I miss my magick..."
She muttered sadly.

He smiled, "I don't think the Caul is a one-way street. What it did... can be undone, with lots of effort. There are some people in power who wish to believe it to be irreversible, though, and that is a problem..."

"Yeah but I want to be on a path of nothingness I...do not understand, what is this beach my Avatar are talking about...I do not understand!"
The little girl said sounding frustrated.

He nodded, "An enemy not entirely without merits."

Anna nodded and gave you a small smile at that.

He nodded, "Yes, and the ones who are kept as Quintessence batteries are the lucky ones - they can be rescued. But not every Mage is someone they'll want to keep for that purpose... Some of us are deemed... too dangerous, perhaps."

"I really do not like the Technocracy, they are scary and mean!"
Anna declared. Kyle just looked a little pale.
"Even more reason to avoid them like the plague."
He muttered and shuddered.

Chicago Now:

He sighed, "That goes both ways, too, you know... Fallen children in a Labyrinth have their Mentors look under the bed for Traditionalists... It's a sorry state of affairs."

"Well considering what we would do to those Fallen children if we catch them, their fear is understandable...poor kids, then again Fallen is Fallen and something have to be done."
Olamide said and sigh.
"How do you know this though? The little Nephandi prisoner you are adopting? I heard about that."

He nodded, "As you say, Milady. Then we have salvaged all that is to be salvaged."

Crexia just nodded at that.

He nodded and gave the door a wide berth.

"I think we are being watched."
Crexia said softly and glanced around in the empty corridor.
"Stay on your toes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Boston, November:
"One very good reason not to try to get better then, and not let Dr Lee poke and prod at me."
Anna said sourly.
"Staying sick it is then...as sick as possible. I do not think I can...go back as I do not want to, i would only try out fear of that ritual, and then i doubt it would work. Less food and sleeping on the floor perhaps, this is a cellar so that should keep me sick."
The young Nephanda muttered fearfully.
Colin grimaced, "I'd rather you didn't make an effort to get sicker... that would make you even more uncomfortable, and that would be new conditions that could likely be healed, regardless of your heart and lungs... Remember, much as you might get better, it's an incredibly long way to 'well enough' for... that. And the Council will likely find it very difficult to prove to satisfaction that you're ever healthy enough, in any case..."
He tapped the side of his nose, "Your dragon is, after all, quite powerful, and they'd have good reason to worry about it being unleashed in a rage at a half-dozen Masters, if your heart can't take the strain... To quote Captain Kirk, I don't believe in the no-win scenario. Besides, there is one other Nephandus, Master Ir, who has a comparable situation, which might serve as adequate precedent."

"Yeah I guess you can make it pretty, and that is better but it is what it is. But I am not going to protest if I can avoid those injections, I will wear the thing."
Anna said sadly and played with her socks again.
"I miss my magick..."
She muttered sadly.
He nodded, "I'll see how soon I can arrange something... It will, obviously, be a trial run; a leap of faith... but I think it can be done. And that could well open the door for more magic later, up to the point where you're free to work on your own. Even if that'll mean regular check-ins with the Security Office..."

"Yeah but I want to be on a path of nothingness I...do not understand, what is this beach my Avatar are talking about...I do not understand!"
The little girl said sounding frustrated.
He pondered, "The beach is... an intersection, where the sea meets the land; it's an in-between place; not fully one or the other. It's a vast expanse of sand... the stuff from which glass is made. There might be something there that your glass dragon longs for; an earlier state of existence."

"I really do not like the Technocracy, they are scary and mean!"
Anna declared. Kyle just looked a little pale.
"Even more reason to avoid them like the plague."
He muttered and shuddered.
He nodded, "Very much so... There are a few locations, like the Umbral Port here, where they can be essentially trusted not to shoot or capture you on sight... but that's the extent of how far you can trust them. Oh, certainly, their Void Engineers are less hostile toward us, but that's no assurance of safety."

Chicago, Now:
"Well considering what we would do to those Fallen children if we catch them, their fear is understandable...poor kids, then again Fallen is Fallen and something have to be done."
Olamide said and sigh.
"How do you know this though? The little Nephandi prisoner you are adopting? I heard about that."
He nodded, "Yes, she told me this in two months' time, at the same time as she told me of the magical marble..."
He paused for a moment, forehead wrinkling up a bit, "Bah, the grammar of it all..."

"I think we are being watched."
Crexia said softly and glanced around in the empty corridor.
"Stay on your toes."
He frowned and whipped out his Chaos Wand, quickly throwing up the scryward on himself, in case things came to battle... and cast a glance through his monocle at Matty's door, to check for wards.

((OOC: So, the scryward, which might suffice to make Matty's Halfatar overlook him - Arete roll: 5,8,0. Schweet; that should help. Hopefully, it won't have to... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Boston November:

Colin grimaced, "I'd rather you didn't make an effort to get sicker... that would make you even more uncomfortable, and that would be new conditions that could likely be healed, regardless of your heart and lungs... Remember, much as you might get better, it's an incredibly long way to 'well enough' for... that. And the Council will likely find it very difficult to prove to satisfaction that you're ever healthy enough, in any case..."

Anna sigh and seamed like she was considering what you where saying.
"Yeah but while I guess the last few months have not been good, the pills Dr Lee is giving me do help when my chest hurt and it is hard to breathe though, even if they taste horribly, and sometimes they help with not being so tired all the time, so I can get better and...and...what if they think...I am well enough and...well I guess you are right my chest and belly still hurt and I feel week all the time and when I am let out for exercise just walking up the steps make me short of breath so I guess I am not very well and Dr Lee still scowl at you when you will not let him do the...examinations and treatments he think is needed, the ones involving needles and I am grateful that you do not let him unless I would die if he did not but there have to be a reason for his scowling so I guess my health is not likely to be excellent anytime soon."
She muttered and touched the spot right under her chest where the bullet had hit her.
"Dr Lee says my pattern is damaged but I do not completely understand and that is why I so easily get sick and I might get worse illnesses later unless he watch for them..."
She said and looked down.
"I guess that mean they can not risk putting me through that much stress..."
She said and seamed seamed a little relieved though also a bit worried she did not want to die after all. Richard was indeed somewhat frustrated in you he was not that understanding of Anna's phobia and he just wanted to keep his patient alive and he was complaining that you here hamstringing him, while explaining that one problem was the girl's left lung and heart but that with that much pattern damage, any illness that could take root in her body would, from a cold to cancer and he reminded you how important catching illnesses early was and prevention and that in her current state a strong cold or an influenza cold kill the young Nephanda. Richard had done what he could he had managed to get some of the vaccines he felt she needed in to form of drops that could be taken orally, and Darrian Haagen had created two more that normally could not be ingested, and Anna had gladly swallowed the foul tasting liquids down when she heard an alchemist had made them for her as that the child found cool and interesting, that still left several vaccines, treatments and examinations Richard felt she needed but which was not absolutely necessary for her survival right at the moment and he clearly did not approve of you leaving those up to Anna herself if she would accept them or not, and so far she had denied them all. It was likely though that if she survived it would be a very long time until she could survive something as stressful as a Gilgul, quite possibly never even if she got better with time.

He tapped the side of his nose, "Your dragon is, after all, quite powerful, and they'd have good reason to worry about it being unleashed in a rage at a half-dozen Masters, if your heart can't take the strain... To quote Captain Kirk, I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

"Yeah he would be very angry if he was disturbed, he likes staying in my soul and be left alone."
Anna said and nodded, she seamed to be calming down you had clearly managed to alleviate the worst of her fears for now, she was clearly tired now with having been upset all day and she generally tired out easily.
"Who is Captain Kirk Mentor? Do he live here."
Kyle gave a slight laugh.
"No I fear that if Captain Slut lived here your Mentor would have a few extra locks on the door, a supernatural being in distress who happen to be female, he would be all over you in a micro second."
He muttered and Anna just looked confused.
"Huh?"

Besides, there is one other Nephandus, Master Ir, who has a comparable situation, which might serve as adequate precedent."

"Yes Master Udella mentioned that...and recommended it as a defense that he had been spared since he is to dangerous to try to...Gilgul, and he have proven himself loyal to the Traditions."
Anna said she seamed a bit hopeful.
"You really think that defense would work Mentor?"

He nodded, "I'll see how soon I can arrange something... It will, obviously, be a trial run; a leap of faith... but I think it can be done. And that could well open the door for more magic later, up to the point where you're free to work on your own. Even if that'll mean regular check-ins with the Security Office..."

"Really Mentor? You think the Deacon Council will allow me to work magick one day?"
Anna asked happily.
"I can be trusted, I will show them...who are the Security Office though?"
She asked a bit skeptically.

He pondered, "The beach is... an intersection, where the sea meets the land; it's an in-between place; not fully one or the other. It's a vast expanse of sand... the stuff from which glass is made. There might be something there that your glass dragon longs for; an earlier state of existence."

"You make glass from sand Mentor? Really?"
The little girl asked interesting.
"Can you make glass Mentor?"
She inquired eagerly.
"So...sand is like my Glass Dragon when he was a baby?"
She muttered sounding confused.

He nodded, "Very much so... There are a few locations, like the Umbral Port here, where they can be essentially trusted not to shoot or capture you on sight... but that's the extent of how far you can trust them. Oh, certainly, their Void Engineers are less hostile toward us, but that's no assurance of safety."

"Why do they want to kill us or worse Mentor? It makes no sense."
Anna asked.
"The Void Engineers that are the ones that fly the Umbral ships right? I have heard of our ships encountering theirs in the Umbra, that usually do not end well for the Union ships."
The girl said then she sigh.
"I guess I should not say our ships anymore..."

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "Yes, she told me this in two months' time, at the same time as she told me of the magical marble..."
He paused for a moment, forehead wrinkling up a bit, "Bah, the grammar of it all..."

Olamide looked rather confused but Rosario grinned a bit.
"You sound like my Mentor Sir..."
She said then she turned serious.
"Heavens I hope she will be alright..."

He frowned and whipped out his Chaos Wand, quickly throwing up the scryward on himself, in case things came to battle... and cast a glance through his monocle at Matty's door, to check for wards.

You think your scrying ward work quite well, your spell felt like it worked as it should. You take a look at Matty Carlyle's door had a ward on it, but it was rather crude and did not look like it would be to hard to take down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 pm

You where nearly at the bend in the corridor when you felt something watch you, there was a presence there, a presence you had felt before, powerful but broken, you could feel Matty's mad, mournful soul watching...your group passed.
"I think we are being watched." Crexia said softly and glanced around in the empty corridor. "Stay on your toes."

Adley felt it there...watching, assessing, agonizing...seeing him somehow. All the alert warning feelings that came with it made his skin prickle as it focused on him and it seemed it was not only him. When Crexia spoke, he nodded to her and glanced at the door again pointedly. Oh, she was in there alright. Or -it- was, at any rate. Chances are they were both there though, girl and her weaponized avatar.

He kept a lookout in case it decided to make a debut and try to attack them, he did not like leaving it behind them but they needed to make sure they all did not get sucked into Oblivion.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Crexia looked like she was considering going after Carlyle now, she would not want to be attacked by the girl and her altered Avatar when the group advanced further into the Labyrinth but at the same time there was an urgency in getting to the Node and dealing with the portal to Oblivion before it could be activated.
"We press on...and hope."
She muttered but while her face showed not uncertainty her eyes certainly did.
"Then we return..."
She muttered as she quickly stepped towards the next bed in the serpentine hallway. You several of the others, Udella, Olamide and Cara looked around uneasy, they felt that presence as well.

Matty's Avatar did not attack the group, not yet at least and if you continue to follow Crexia you get around the next bend, you could feel the Node now, it was massive, Entropic and it felt close. This was the corridor that held Gabriel's chambers, his play room, the kitchens, the rec room and several other personal rooms, in the end of the corridor there was a split, with one corridor going to the left and another continuing the serpentine path. It was from the corridor to the left that the feeling of the nearby Node came from, but it was clearly guarded for there was the sound of voices from there, the sound of voices and the feeling of some powerful spirit being present, Abigail had not left the Node unguarded and moving to the left passage would mean you would all get noticed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Boston, November:
Anna sigh and seamed like she was considering what you where saying.
"Yeah but while I guess the last few months have not been good, the pills Dr Lee is giving me do help when my chest hurt and it is hard to breathe though, even if they taste horribly, and sometimes they help with not being so tired all the time, so I can get better and...and...what if they think...I am well enough and...well I guess you are right my chest and belly still hurt and I feel week all the time and when I am let out for exercise just walking up the steps make me short of breath so I guess I am not very well and Dr Lee still scowl at you when you will not let him do the...examinations and treatments he think is needed, the ones involving needles and I am grateful that you do not let him unless I would die if he did not but there have to be a reason for his scowling so I guess my health is not likely to be excellent anytime soon."
She muttered and touched the spot right under her chest where the bullet had hit her.
"Dr Lee says my pattern is damaged but I do not completely understand and that is why I so easily get sick and I might get worse illnesses later unless he watch for them..."
She said and looked down.
"I guess that mean they can not risk putting me through that much stress..."
She said and seamed seamed a little relieved though also a bit worried she did not want to die after all. Richard was indeed somewhat frustrated in you he was not that understanding of Anna's phobia and he just wanted to keep his patient alive and he was complaining that you here hamstringing him, while explaining that one problem was the girl's left lung and heart but that with that much pattern damage, any illness that could take root in her body would, from a cold to cancer and he reminded you how important catching illnesses early was and prevention and that in her current state a strong cold or an influenza cold kill the young Nephanda. Richard had done what he could he had managed to get some of the vaccines he felt she needed in to form of drops that could be taken orally, and Darrian Haagen had created two more that normally could not be ingested, and Anna had gladly swallowed the foul tasting liquids down when she heard an alchemist had made them for her as that the child found cool and interesting, that still left several vaccines, treatments and examinations Richard felt she needed but which was not absolutely necessary for her survival right at the moment and he clearly did not approve of you leaving those up to Anna herself if she would accept them or not, and so far she had denied them all. It was likely though that if she survived it would be a very long time until she could survive something as stressful as a Gilgul, quite possibly never even if she got better with time.
Colin nodded, "It would take a miracle for you to become completely healed again... and there's another miracle I hope to see first. As for Dr. Lee's wishes, well... he may be insistent about shots, but I'm adamant not to traumatize you any more than absolutely necessary. Fortunately, Master Haagen is an excellent alchemist, and very good at preventative formulae."

"Yeah he would be very angry if he was disturbed, he likes staying in my soul and be left alone."
Anna said and nodded, she seamed to be calming down you had clearly managed to alleviate the worst of her fears for now, she was clearly tired now with having been upset all day and she generally tired out easily.
"Who is Captain Kirk Mentor? Do he live here."
Kyle gave a slight laugh.
"No I fear that if Captain Slut lived here your Mentor would have a few extra locks on the door, a supernatural being in distress who happen to be female, he would be all over you in a micro second."
He muttered and Anna just looked confused.
"Huh?"
Colin arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "Well, now, someone's been reading either the fan fiction or the comments section, I see... He was never quite as bad as that, really. Had she been a grown woman, that would be a different matter, and I would be ready with a swift conclusion to his career if necessary, but the Original Series Kirk would never have gotten himself entangled with a minor. I'll allow, I can't say for certain about the rebooted version, but... just, no."
He gave Anna a grin, "It's a Star Trek reference. The Original Series' captain, James Kirk, didn't believe in the no-win scenario... He didn't always win, or at least, he didn't always get a clean victory, but a defining aspect of the man was that he never for a moment believed that victory was impossible. And, of course, some times, the victory came at a terrible cost..."

"Yes Master Udella mentioned that...and recommended it as a defense that he had been spared since he is to dangerous to try to...Gilgul, and he have proven himself loyal to the Traditions."
Anna said she seamed a bit hopeful.
"You really think that defense would work Mentor?"
He nodded, "I think it has an excellent chance to work, all things considered. Best case scenario, it will be used as precedent, and you'll be given conditional liberties, including for example such things as regular Resonance examinations and Truthfindings to make sure you haven't been consorting with Nephandi, but it would mean you'd be free to study and practice magic under my tutelage."

"Really Mentor? You think the Deacon Council will allow me to work magick one day?"
Anna asked happily.
"I can be trusted, I will show them...who are the Security Office though?"
She asked a bit skeptically.
He nodded, "Ultimately, it won't be the Deacon Council's decision, but quite likely that of the Council of Nine - the highest authority. But yes, I'm optimistic about that, though it may take some time. As for the Security Office - well, they're essentially that, I suppose. At the fundamental level, they do for Horizon what the security office in a shopping centre does; keep an eye on thing and call in the Enforcers if necessary."

"You make glass from sand Mentor? Really?"
The little girl asked interesting.
"Can you make glass Mentor?"
She inquired eagerly.
"So...sand is like my Glass Dragon when he was a baby?"
She muttered sounding confused.
He shrugged, "I've never actually made glass - but I think it should be a fairly simple thing to learn the basics of. Mind you, it would be fairly crude, low-quality glass at first, and sculpting it would be an entirely different kettle of fish... but I think I could do it, yes. And it seems fairly plausible your glass dragon could have been a sand dragon before... or some other sand entity."

"Why do they want to kill us or worse Mentor? It makes no sense."
Anna asked.
"The Void Engineers that are the ones that fly the Umbral ships right? I have heard of our ships encountering theirs in the Umbra, that usually do not end well for the Union ships."
The girl said then she sigh.
"I guess I should not say our ships anymore..."
He sighed, "The Union's ideal world is one without... magic, without creativity and spontaneity. One extremely static and structured; everything becoming a stagnant mire, of sorts... And yes, the Void Engineers are the ones who deal with the Umbral Ships... and I'll allow, the great polyps are disturbingly powerful; I... remember being inside one, in some twenty years' time. I will take it down, too, essentially singlehandedly, and... it's one of the most ruthless things I'll ever do..."
He frowned, "Perhaps the guilt over that was part of what made me decide to take you in, too..."

Chicago, Now:
Olamide looked rather confused but Rosario grinned a bit.
"You sound like my Mentor Sir..."
She said then she turned serious.
"Heavens I hope she will be alright..."
He smiled wryly, "Yes, I fear there's a bit of Cultist in me, as well... And I think she'll make it; you did some pretty damn impressive work back there. She might be a bit uncomfortable for a bit, but I believe she'll pull through."

You think your scrying ward work quite well, your spell felt like it worked as it should. You take a look at Matty Carlyle's door had a ward on it, but it was rather crude and did not look like it would be to hard to take down.
He frowned slightly, "Well, that ward's not going to stop much, at least..."

Matty's Avatar did not attack the group, not yet at least and if you continue to follow Crexia you get around the next bend, you could feel the Node now, it was massive, Entropic and it felt close. This was the corridor that held Gabriel's chambers, his play room, the kitchens, the rec room and several other personal rooms, in the end of the corridor there was a split, with one corridor going to the left and another continuing the serpentine path. It was from the corridor to the left that the feeling of the nearby Node came from, but it was clearly guarded for there was the sound of voices from there, the sound of voices and the feeling of some powerful spirit being present, Abigail had not left the Node unguarded and moving to the left passage would mean you would all get noticed.
He frowned and fished out his notepad, quickly noting down a question and showing it to Crexia, "Go for the Node first, or try to take out the guards? If someone can propel the marble into the room, I can help provide cover fire."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 27, 2017 5:01 am

Boston November:

Colin nodded, "It would take a miracle for you to become completely healed again... and there's another miracle I hope to see first. As for Dr. Lee's wishes, well... he may be insistent about shots, but I'm adamant not to traumatize you any more than absolutely necessary.

Anna looked at you and smiled slightly she looked down at her hands.
"I do appreciate that Mentor. I do not think Dr Lee want to harm me either but to him me surviving is more important than anything...me not becoming a widderslainte and harming an innocent person, and innocent family I guess."
She added then she glanced at you again.
"So you think that they are not going to...destroy my magick unless I become completely well? I am safe for now?"

Fortunately, Master Haagen is an excellent alchemist, and very good at preventative formulae.

Anna nodded at that and grinned she suddenly looked interested and eager.
"He is...he is, do he have a real alchemist's laboratory with bottles and vials to refine substances and such."
She asked.

Colin arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "Well, now, someone's been reading either the fan fiction or the comments section, I see... He was never quite as bad as that, really. Had she been a grown woman, that would be a different matter, and I would be ready with a swift conclusion to his career if necessary, but the Original Series Kirk would never have gotten himself entangled with a minor. I'll allow, I can't say for certain about the rebooted version, but... just, no."

Kyle grinned.
"I don't know Sir, the man did seam to end up in bed with just about every female alien encounter and his shirt was made of wet paper so he would end up shirtless more often than a Twilight character, and hey Anna can easily look fourteen he might think that is old enough, it was the 1960's the show was made in after all."
He added and Anna gave you both a confused look.
"Ehm what are you to on about?"
She asked and scratched her head.

He gave Anna a grin, "It's a Star Trek reference. The Original Series' captain, James Kirk, didn't believe in the no-win scenario... He didn't always win, or at least, he didn't always get a clean victory, but a defining aspect of the man was that he never for a moment believed that victory was impossible. And, of course, some times, the victory came at a terrible cost..."

Anna nodded at that.
"I see. I have to see this series with the tactical but apparently shirtless captain at some point."
She commented.

He nodded, "I think it has an excellent chance to work, all things considered. Best case scenario, it will be used as precedent, and you'll be given conditional liberties, including for example such things as regular Resonance examinations and Truthfindings to make sure you haven't been consorting with Nephandi, but it would mean you'd be free to study and practice magic under my tutelage."

The young Nephanda's mood seamed to brighten at that prospect.
"Really? I would like that and I would not consorting with the Nephandi, they can check that if they want to, and read my Resonance that is ok."
She said and gave a big smile.

He nodded, "Ultimately, it won't be the Deacon Council's decision, but quite likely that of the Council of Nine - the highest authority. But yes, I'm optimistic about that, though it may take some time.

"So you think I will be allowed to use my magick again? My last spell was that bolt of energy I tried to toss at you in the car when the blond Virtual Adept with the gummy worms teleported me out of the hospital and those bloody cuffs stopped that, it would have been a sorry excuse for a last rote."
The girl said now more hopeful and as she relaxed and some of the tension went away she yawned before she ate the last of her dessert and put the bowl away, she was now full and in a far better mood and condition and she looked like she might fall asleep where she sat. Kyle looked at the girl and nodded to himself.
"Yeah a last rote should be, spectacular."
He muttered.
"I have something planned...before I go to Horizon...just in case."
He muttered softly more to himself than to you.

As for the Security Office - well, they're essentially that, I suppose. At the fundamental level, they do for Horizon what the security office in a shopping centre does; keep an eye on thing and call in the Enforcers if necessary."

Anna nodded at that and played with the hole in her sock again.
"Do you think they will hate me for being what I am Mentor?"
She asked nervously then she added.
"Are they located on Horizon?"

He shrugged, "I've never actually made glass - but I think it should be a fairly simple thing to learn the basics of. Mind you, it would be fairly crude, low-quality glass at first, and sculpting it would be an entirely different kettle of fish... but I think I could do it, yes.

Anna clapped her hands together enthusiastically at that.
"Really...that would be cool Mentor."
She said and grinned.

And it seems fairly plausible your glass dragon could have been a sand dragon before... or some other sand entity."

"That sounds rather cool...a sand dragon..."
Anna said and nodded.
"That would be a cool critter."
The she was silent for a moment before she said.
"He is looking at you my Glass Dragon, he sort of shifted and is looking at you Mentor."

He sighed, "The Union's ideal world is one without... magic, without creativity and spontaneity. One extremely static and structured; everything becoming a stagnant mire, of sorts...

"That really suck, I am going to kick the next Technocrat I see in the balls."
Anna declared. Kyle looked at her and raised an eyebrow.
"What if it was a lady Technocrat?"
The young Nephanda sigh.
"I would still kick, it would still hurt."
Kyle shock his head.
"Well I think running away might be a more tactical option Mini Jace though I am sure your kicking is quite effective."

And yes, the Void Engineers are the ones who deal with the Umbral Ships... and I'll allow, the great polyps are disturbingly powerful; I... remember being inside one, in some twenty years' time. I will take it down, too, essentially singlehandedly, and... it's one of the most ruthless things I'll ever do..."
He frowned, "Perhaps the guilt over that was part of what made me decide to take you in, too..."

Anna looked at you wide eyed.
"Really you will get inside one of the Battle Cruisers Mentor?"
She asked.
"They wanted to test me to see if I could...connect with one but then Gabriel promised that if they tried he would cut them to shreds with a Primium coated egg slicer, starting with the toes and give what was left to Miss Warden to play with and that was the end of that."
She declared then she patted your arm gently.
"You took down a whole ship, that is impressive Mentor...but did you have to do something bad to do it?"

Chicago Now:

He smiled wryly, "Yes, I fear there's a bit of Cultist in me, as well... And I think she'll make it; you did some pretty damn impressive work back there. She might be a bit uncomfortable for a bit, but I believe she'll pull through."

Rosario gave a soft, sad smile.
"Thank you Sir I could not have done so without Le...ehm the Verditius...Hermetics and their names eh."
She said as Leon who was on guard duty raised an eyebrow.
"I hope she will be ok...I care about her deeply."
The young Cultist muttered.

He frowned slightly, "Well, that ward's not going to stop much, at least..."

Crexia glanced in that direction and nodded in agreement.
"No it will not."

He frowned and fished out his notepad, quickly noting down a question and showing it to Crexia, "Go for the Node first, or try to take out the guards? If someone can propel the marble into the room, I can help provide cover fire."

Crexia glanced at the note then took out her tablet and wrote back.
"We need to go through the guards before we get to the Node, if one or two of us can go for the none with the marble the rest can deal with the guards."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Boston, November:
Anna looked at you and smiled slightly she looked down at her hands.
"I do appreciate that Mentor. I do not think Dr Lee want to harm me either but to him me surviving is more important than anything...me not becoming a widderslainte and harming an innocent person, and innocent family I guess."
She added then she glanced at you again.
"So you think that they are not going to...destroy my magick unless I become completely well? I am safe for now?"
Colin nodded, "Odds are certainly in your favour. All we need is to get you a little more liberty here, and we can make a little magic, hmm?"

Anna nodded at that and grinned she suddenly looked interested and eager.
"He is...he is, do he have a real alchemist's laboratory with bottles and vials to refine substances and such."
She asked.
He nodded, "I've tried to learn a bit of it, but... it's not my strongest suit in this life."

Kyle grinned.
"I don't know Sir, the man did seam to end up in bed with just about every female alien encounter and his shirt was made of wet paper so he would end up shirtless more often than a Twilight character, and hey Anna can easily look fourteen he might think that is old enough, it was the 1960's the show was made in after all."
He added and Anna gave you both a confused look.
"Ehm what are you to on about?"
She asked and scratched her head.
Anna nodded at that.
"I see. I have to see this series with the tactical but apparently shirtless captain at some point."
She commented.
He nodded, "I believe Freddy might have the series on DVD, actually... If not, it should be an easy thing to obtain."

The young Nephanda's mood seamed to brighten at that prospect.
"Really? I would like that and I would not consorting with the Nephandi, they can check that if they want to, and read my Resonance that is ok."
She said and gave a big smile.
He grinned wryly, "They'll be a bit bureaucratic, though... it'll take a bit of time, each time. But yes, I think it'll be an overall painless experience, so long as you remember to bring a packed lunch."

"So you think I will be allowed to use my magick again? My last spell was that bolt of energy I tried to toss at you in the car when the blond Virtual Adept with the gummy worms teleported me out of the hospital and those bloody cuffs stopped that, it would have been a sorry excuse for a last rote."
The girl said now more hopeful and as she relaxed and some of the tension went away she yawned before she ate the last of her dessert and put the bowl away, she was now full and in a far better mood and condition and she looked like she might fall asleep where she sat. Kyle looked at the girl and nodded to himself.
"Yeah a last rote should be, spectacular."
He muttered.
"I have something planned...before I go to Horizon...just in case."
He muttered softly more to himself than to you.
He arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "I hope you have something flashy rather than dangerous in mind? I suppose something like a fireworks display at the Umbral Port might be tolerated, though - and Paradox would likely be far less of an issue there, too."

Anna nodded at that and played with the hole in her sock again.
"Do you think they will hate me for being what I am Mentor?"
She asked nervously then she added.
"Are they located on Horizon?"
He pondered for a moment, "I don't think they would necessarily hate you for what you are... Fear what you might do, on the other hand, is a viable concern, but there'll be little they can legally do about that. And yes, I believe they have a tidy office near the Umbral Port there."

Anna clapped her hands together enthusiastically at that.
"Really...that would be cool Mentor."
She said and grinned.
He smiled, "Perhaps, when you're a little better and more mobile, you can join me in my workshop, learn a bit of silverwork and we can study glassmaking together? I should be able to fit a few more of the relevant machines and tools in there."

"That sounds rather cool...a sand dragon..."
Anna said and nodded.
"That would be a cool critter."
The she was silent for a moment before she said.
"He is looking at you my Glass Dragon, he sort of shifted and is looking at you Mentor."
He arched an eyebrow, "And what does he say about what he's looking at?"

"That really suck, I am going to kick the next Technocrat I see in the balls."
Anna declared. Kyle looked at her and raised an eyebrow.
"What if it was a lady Technocrat?"
The young Nephanda sigh.
"I would still kick, it would still hurt."
Kyle shock his head.
"Well I think running away might be a more tactical option Mini Jace though I am sure your kicking is quite effective."
He grinned, "While that just might work remarkably well, wait for the first hostile one. Wouldn't want to kick one who was oblivious to your presence; that might make you a target needlessly. Hum... a Technocrat might well be prepared for getting shot at or have spells flung at them - a sweet little girl rushing up for a nut shot might well take them by an immense amount of surprise. Just don't stick around to get shot at afterward."

Anna looked at you wide eyed.
"Really you will get inside one of the Battle Cruisers Mentor?"
She asked.
"They wanted to test me to see if I could...connect with one but then Gabriel promised that if they tried he would cut them to shreds with a Primium coated egg slicer, starting with the toes and give what was left to Miss Warden to play with and that was the end of that."
She declared then she patted your arm gently.
"You took down a whole ship, that is impressive Mentor...but did you have to do something bad to do it?"
He frowned, "Another reason for me to grudgingly approve of Gabriel, then... If they'd made you connect with such a ship, your soul and mind would have been grafted to its, giving you even less freedom of movement than you have here... your entire world would have been essentially a small chamber near the polyp's brain. And... yes, I did something bad. Necessary, but bad. I... manage to make my way to the Handler - the brain of the ship, so to speak - and... she'll be the reincarnation of an old friend. I'll remind her Avatar of our friendship, of the kindness I'd shown her in her previous life... and once she lowers her guard, I kill her with her own dagger, without hesitation. Thus, the polyp stops heeding commands and turns away from the battle, and... our ships open fire at the suddenly defenseless battlecruiser..."
He looked down, "Seeing that future was... not pleasant. It might be my last moments, as well, though I hope to find some means to avoid that possibility..."

Chicago, Now:
Rosario gave a soft, sad smile.
"Thank you Sir I could not have done so without Le...ehm the Verditius...Hermetics and their names eh."
She said as Leon who was on guard duty raised an eyebrow.
"I hope she will be ok...I care about her deeply."
The young Cultist muttered.
He nodded, smiling thinly, "I know... I saw... and she cares as much for you."

"We need to go through the guards before we get to the Node, if one or two of us can go for the none with the marble the rest can deal with the guards."
He nodded and wrote again, 'Given a moment to power up, I can unleash a horrible tempest of Mundane Silence at the group, and once the portal is dealt with, it should be safe to draw on the Node directly to unleash everything we might care to throw at them down the corridor.'
He showed the page to Crexia, and once she'd read it, showed it to the rest of the group, gesturing for silence.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 pm

As they approached, he turned towards the others. He pointed up ahead and made the hand gesture for 'spirit' and then put his hands together and drew them apart: large. At least in his opinion, it seemed big. Which meant it could be the trash heap spirit or another child. He wasn't sure which would be worse, but none there would be preferable, really.

"We need to go through the guards before we get to the Node, if one or two of us can go for the node with the marble the rest can deal with the guards."
He nodded and wrote again, 'Given a moment to power up, I can unleash a horrible tempest of Mundane Silence at the group, and once the portal is dealt with, it should be safe to draw on the Node directly to unleash everything we might care to throw at them down the corridor.' He showed the page to Crexia, and once she'd read it, showed it to the rest of the group, gesturing for silence.

Adley waited, keeping a lookout as Colin and Crexia exchanged communications. Offered out the tablet to read, he pointed at the two main tasks: chuck the marble or defend the group/fight the guards and then himself with a questioning look. There weren't an overabundance of mages left in the group to fight now, so figured he would be fighting or defending but best to ask. Then he pointed at the Mundane Silence written down and glanced at the water elemental, gesturing that she would need to keep back and then at himself as well. He definitely did not want to be in the way of that...nor any of their allies.

// I'll be out for a bit until later this afternoon! See you then!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Boston November:

Colin nodded, "Odds are certainly in your favour. All we need is to get you a little more liberty here, and we can make a little magic, hmm?"

Anna nodded at that happily and smiled.
"Yes..."
She said she seamed allot more positive now.

He nodded, "I've tried to learn a bit of it, but... it's not my strongest suit in this life."

"Have you been better at it in other lives Mentor?"

He nodded, "I believe Freddy might have the series on DVD, actually... If not, it should be an easy thing to obtain."

Anna nodded at that.
"I would like to see it Mentor, I will ask Freddy about it then."

He grinned wryly, "They'll be a bit bureaucratic, though... it'll take a bit of time, each time. But yes, I think it'll be an overall painless experience, so long as you remember to bring a packed lunch."

The little girl sigh.
"I hate red tape, but I guess they invented tablet computers and netflix for that."
She said and nodded.

He arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "I hope you have something flashy rather than dangerous in mind? I suppose something like a fireworks display at the Umbral Port might be tolerated, though - and Paradox would likely be far less of an issue there, too."

"Yeah Sir...I have no need to get a huge backlash. My teacher have promised to take me out into the Umbra so I can ehm...let loose somewhere safe...before we go."
Kyle assured you and nodded. Anna smiled.
"That will probably be fun Kyle."
She said and the boy grinned.
"Yes I suspect that it will."

He pondered for a moment, "I don't think they would necessarily hate you for what you are... Fear what you might do, on the other hand, is a viable concern, but there'll be little they can legally do about that. And yes, I believe they have a tidy office near the Umbral Port there."

Anna looked at you, she looked rather concerned.
"They sound scary but I guess if they can not legally hurt me, I do not need to be afraid of them if I end up having to go and see them regularly."
The girl said then she nodded.
"There is an Umbra port at Horizon Mentor?"

He smiled, "Perhaps, when you're a little better and more mobile, you can join me in my workshop, learn a bit of silverwork and we can study glassmaking together? I should be able to fit a few more of the relevant machines and tools in there."

The young Nephanda nodded eagerly and clapped her hands again.
"I would like that very much Mentor, I like making thing and I like glass."
She said before she threw her arms around you and hugged you again.

He arched an eyebrow, "And what does he say about what he's looking at?"

"He do not really say anything he just look at you, as if he reacted to some of what you said or found it strange or interesting or perhaps he remembered something...I don't know."
Anna said and shook her head.
"He do not speak very often you know, but I get these images in my head, more like feelings really but I do not know how to describe them."

He grinned, "While that just might work remarkably well, wait for the first hostile one. Wouldn't want to kick one who was oblivious to your presence; that might make you a target needlessly. Hum... a Technocrat might well be prepared for getting shot at or have spells flung at them - a sweet little girl rushing up for a nut shot might well take them by an immense amount of surprise. Just don't stick around to get shot at afterward."

Anna gave a big grin at that and stuck her tongue out at Kyle playfully.
"I would run away afterwards, but they deserve a good kick in the balls."
She declared.

He frowned, "Another reason for me to grudgingly approve of Gabriel, then... If they'd made you connect with such a ship, your soul and mind would have been grafted to its, giving you even less freedom of movement than you have here... your entire world would have been essentially a small chamber near the polyp's brain.

"I would not have wanted that Mentor...not at all...I like being me, my own person and I do want to move around. I am very glad my first Mentor protected me from such a fate."
Anna said and nodded.
"Our ships are cool but I would not want to be grafted to one permanently, that would not be fun."

And... yes, I did something bad. Necessary, but bad. I... manage to make my way to the Handler - the brain of the ship, so to speak - and... she'll be the reincarnation of an old friend. I'll remind her Avatar of our friendship, of the kindness I'd shown her in her previous life... and once she lowers her guard, I kill her with her own dagger, without hesitation. Thus, the polyp stops heeding commands and turns away from the battle, and... our ships open fire at the suddenly defenseless battlecruiser..."
He looked down, "Seeing that future was... not pleasant. It might be my last moments, as well, though I hope to find some means to avoid that possibility..."

Anna nodded solemnly and patted your hand.
"It must have been a bad vision to have Mentor, it is not something anyone would want to do, but if you had no choice...then you did the only thing you could, and perhaps the vision will not come true, that you will find a way to avoid it."
The little girl said comfortingly.
"Also I would not want you to die, and Freddy would not want you to die either, she would be very angry if you did."

Chicago Now:

He nodded, smiling thinly, "I know... I saw... and she cares as much for you."

Rosario nodded and gave you a thin smile.
"She is a good teacher, when she took me in I was just a kid, I was just thirteen so she have been even more of a mother to me than many, besides I had been raised by the Society of Leopold and my Uncle who always told me it was a weakness of him that he could not bring himself to put me down, so my Mentor managed to get me to accept being a mage, I owe her allot."
The Cultist said and smiled a little.

He nodded and wrote again, 'Given a moment to power up, I can unleash a horrible tempest of Mundane Silence at the group, and once the portal is dealt with, it should be safe to draw on the Node directly to unleash everything we might care to throw at them down the corridor.'
He showed the page to Crexia, and once she'd read it, showed it to the rest of the group, gesturing for silence.

Crexia read the page then wrote down in her tablet.
"Until we have dealt with the portal I do not think a Wind of Mundane Silence is a good idea nor drawing from the Node, we do not know how the two are connected.
The old Tytalus showed the tablet to you and then to the others.

As they approached, he turned towards the others. He pointed up ahead and made the hand gesture for 'spirit' and then put his hands together and drew them apart: large. At least in his opinion, it seemed big. Which meant it could be the trash heap spirit or another child. He wasn't sure which would be worse, but none there would be preferable, really.

Crexia nodded she wrote up.
"They have a large spirit with them."
In her tablet and showed it to the non Hermetics who would not understand your hand sign. Some of the others seamed a bit uneasy, so far powerful spirits had done allot more damage than the actual Nephandi had.

Adley waited, keeping a lookout as Colin and Crexia exchanged communications. Offered out the tablet to read, he pointed at the two main tasks: chuck the marble or defend the group/fight the guards and then himself with a questioning look. There weren't an overabundance of mages left in the group to fight now, so figured he would be fighting or defending but best to ask.

Crexia wrote on her tablet.
"I need you on defense, possibly attack Sodalis. Our Cultist will throw the marble she have the best aim among us, if throwing it do not do the trick we will try an effect or shooting the marble. The rest of us will try to take the guards out, quickly since if they get to alert their superiors that the Node is about to be taken, then Abigail might activate her trap."
She wrote and showed it to you and then the others.

Then he pointed at the Mundane Silence written down and glanced at the water elemental, gesturing that she would need to keep back and then at himself as well. He definitely did not want to be in the way of that...nor any of their allies.

"I am not sure that is safe to use this close to the portal."
Crexia wrote and showed you.Olamide motioned for the tablet and wrote down.
"Perhaps Ma'am, but if we worked together for that Wind, we could take anything supernatural out quick, they would not die but they would be in to much pain to act for a while and it would take out any defense spells they have and perhaps banish their spirit in the same fell swoop."
The young Tytalus wrote and handed the tablet back, Crexia frowned she did not look convinced but she showed the tablet to the rest of you anyway.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Boston, November:
"Have you been better at it in other lives Mentor?"
Colin paused, ever so briefly, "The best. They wrote books about that incarnation, even... Had a bit of hubris back then, though; didn't end well..."

Anna nodded at that.
"I would like to see it Mentor, I will ask Freddy about it then."
He grinned, "Well, if we're setting up a movie night, anyway, sneaking in an episode or two shouldn't be difficult."

The little girl sigh.
"I hate red tape, but I guess they invented tablet computers and netflix for that."
She said and nodded.
He shrugged, "Yes, well, perhaps that, too..."

"Yeah Sir...I have no need to get a huge backlash. My teacher have promised to take me out into the Umbra so I can ehm...let loose somewhere safe...before we go."
Kyle assured you and nodded. Anna smiled.
"That will probably be fun Kyle."
She said and the boy grinned.
"Yes I suspect that it will."
He chuckled, "You know, the Flambeau throw the wildest parties - every so often, they all get together and show off how ridiculously able they are at destroying stuff. You just might raise a few eyebrows when the Chief lets you come along for the first time."

Anna looked at you, she looked rather concerned.
"They sound scary but I guess if they can not legally hurt me, I do not need to be afraid of them if I end up having to go and see them regularly."
The girl said then she nodded.
"There is an Umbra port at Horizon Mentor?"
He grinned, "A sweetling like you? You'll win them over quickly enough."
He smiled, "Well, of course there is - you wouldn't want to land a huge passenger ship on someone's doormat, would you? Obviously, they need some designated landing and docking areas for passenger and cargo transfers, as well as repairs and maintenance..."

"He do not really say anything he just look at you, as if he reacted to some of what you said or found it strange or interesting or perhaps he remembered something...I don't know."
Anna said and shook her head.
"He do not speak very often you know, but I get these images in my head, more like feelings really but I do not know how to describe them."
He nodded, "Mine was mostly silent, before... For a quarter century, she posed as an unscarred mirror image communicating with approving, disapproving or concerned expressions. Then, the same weekend we met... 'Out flew the web and floated wide'..."

"I would not have wanted that Mentor...not at all...I like being me, my own person and I do want to move around. I am very glad my first Mentor protected me from such a fate."
Anna said and nodded.
"Our ships are cool but I would not want to be grafted to one permanently, that would not be fun."
He nodded, "It would be a very... sheltered existence, in a whole other way."

Anna nodded solemnly and patted your hand.
"It must have been a bad vision to have Mentor, it is not something anyone would want to do, but if you had no choice...then you did the only thing you could, and perhaps the vision will not come true, that you will find a way to avoid it."
The little girl said comfortingly.
"Also I would not want you to die, and Freddy would not want you to die either, she would be very angry if you did."
He nodded soberly, then grinned and chuckled, "If I died, Freddy would murder me..."

Chicago, Now:
Crexia read the page then wrote down in her tablet.
"Until we have dealt with the portal I do not think a Wind of Mundane Silence is a good idea nor drawing from the Node, we do not know how the two are connected.
The old Tytalus showed the tablet to you and then to the others.
He nodded silently.

Crexia wrote on her tablet.
"I need you on defense, possibly attack Sodalis. Our Cultist will throw the marble she have the best aim among us, if throwing it do not do the trick we will try an effect or shooting the marble. The rest of us will try to take the guards out, quickly since if they get to alert their superiors that the Node is about to be taken, then Abigail might activate her trap."
She wrote and showed it to you and then the others.
He nodded and handed Rosario the little marble - so tiny and insignificant-looking, yet so potentially crucial to survival...

"I am not sure that is safe to use this close to the portal."
Crexia wrote and showed you.Olamide motioned for the tablet and wrote down.
"Perhaps Ma'am, but if we worked together for that Wind, we could take anything supernatural out quick, they would not die but they would be in to much pain to act for a while and it would take out any defense spells they have and perhaps banish their spirit in the same fell swoop."
The young Tytalus wrote and handed the tablet back, Crexia frowned she did not look convinced but she showed the tablet to the rest of you anyway.
He thought for a moment, and scribbled back, "I think she is right - the wind should be perfectly possible, with a bit of adaptation and planning, be confined to a limited volume of space, carefully excluding the Node chamber. I have the extra Quintessence to follow such a wind with a barrage of prime bolts, and of course we can't risk drawing on the Node before the portal is gone - but afterwards, I say we should cut loose."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Boston November:

Colin paused, ever so briefly, "The best. They wrote books about that incarnation, even... Had a bit of hubris back then, though; didn't end well..."

"They wrote books about your earlier incarnation Mentor, and that incarnation was a alchemist, can I read those books?"
Anna asked.

He grinned, "Well, if we're setting up a movie night, anyway, sneaking in an episode or two shouldn't be difficult."

Anna smiled happily.
"Thank you Mentor."

He chuckled, "You know, the Flambeau throw the wildest parties - every so often, they all get together and show off how ridiculously able they are at destroying stuff. You just might raise a few eyebrows when the Chief lets you come along for the first time."

"Yeah the yearly contest to see who can make the most destructive spell. I would really like to attend."
Kyle said then he shivered.
"If I am still a mage by the time the contest comes around again though."
He muttered softly and looked down. Anna looked at him and reached up and took his hand but she said nothing, she knew his fears.

He grinned, "A sweetling like you? You'll win them over quickly enough."

Anna giggled a little at that.

He smiled, "Well, of course there is - you wouldn't want to land a huge passenger ship on someone's doormat, would you? Obviously, they need some designated landing and docking areas for passenger and cargo transfers, as well as repairs and maintenance..."

"You do have a good point Mentor...that must be an amazing place, an Umbral dock, I want to see one."
The young Nephandus commented.

He nodded, "Mine was mostly silent, before... For a quarter century, she posed as an unscarred mirror image communicating with approving, disapproving or concerned expressions. Then, the same weekend we met... 'Out flew the web and floated wide'..."

Anna nodded.
"Well with me it is generally emotions, I feel what he want me to feel, or sort of see him inside of me. But now I sort of feel strange images and ideas. Two women stand in a field, one is made of bits of colored pottery, like those pictures and table plates you can find on etsy that use allot of different pottery shards to make a picture, the other is a general, for girls can be generals dressed all in red with armor and a sword, they are digging in the ground with a scale from my Dragon, planting something and fertilizing it with crystal white sand."
The girl muttered.
"But I do not understand what it means."

He nodded, "It would be a very... sheltered existence, in a whole other way."

Anna grimaced at that and nodded.

He nodded soberly, then grinned and chuckled, "If I died, Freddy would murder me..."

"Yeah...she would, she definitively would."
The young Nephanda said with a wry smile.

Chicago Now:

He nodded and handed Rosario the little marble - so tiny and insignificant-looking, yet so potentially crucial to survival...

Rosario took the marble carefully and looked at it for a moment and nodded.

He thought for a moment, and scribbled back, "I think she is right - the wind should be perfectly possible, with a bit of adaptation and planning, be confined to a limited volume of space, carefully excluding the Node chamber.

Crexia wrote back.
"It is a wind young man, a wind, it blows where it will, how can you confine it to a narrow area, we are rather close to the Node, changing a ritual that complex usually takes more time when we have available."

I have the extra Quintessence to follow such a wind with a barrage of prime bolts, and of course we can't risk drawing on the Node before the portal is gone - but afterwards, I say we should cut loose."

"If we can get to the Node before taking out all the guards and take out the portal and anyone is left then we can let loose unless the Node itself are corrupted. Your plan is not a bad one but I will have to know you you plan to restrain a wind to a narrow area before I even consider moving forward with it."
Crexia wrote and she showed the tablet to you and the other magi. Olamide made a spiral motion with her long, elegant, ring decorated right hand to sign the ideal of a tornado but Crexia looked rather skeptical of that idea.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Boston, November:
"They wrote books about your earlier incarnation Mentor, and that incarnation was a alchemist, can I read those books?"
Anna asked.
Colin nodded slowly, "Eventually, you will. For now, though, there are other priorities. I've... said too much, in any case. I seem to be doing that a lot."

"Yeah the yearly contest to see who can make the most destructive spell. I would really like to attend."
Kyle said then he shivered.
"If I am still a mage by the time the contest comes around again though."
He muttered softly and looked down. Anna looked at him and reached up and took his hand but she said nothing, she knew his fears.
He smiled and gave Kyle a reassuring pat on the shoulder, "I've got faith in you, son. You might not be ready to really cut loose by the time the contest comes around again next time, but the time after that... Well, it depends on what you have to learn, and how quickly. Chief Morgan is a good teacher, though."

"You do have a good point Mentor...that must be an amazing place, an Umbral dock, I want to see one."
The young Nephandus commented.
He smiled, "You will, soon enough. The one here in Boston is pretty impressive. And there are some magnificent ships in dock from time to time."

Anna nodded.
"Well with me it is generally emotions, I feel what he want me to feel, or sort of see him inside of me. But now I sort of feel strange images and ideas. Two women stand in a field, one is made of bits of colored pottery, like those pictures and table plates you can find on etsy that use allot of different pottery shards to make a picture, the other is a general, for girls can be generals dressed all in red with armor and a sword, they are digging in the ground with a scale from my Dragon, planting something and fertilizing it with crystal white sand."
The girl muttered.
"But I do not understand what it means."
He pondered, "A composite image like that is called a mosaic... hum... I'll ask Adley if he thinks it's time yet; I've been waiting for you to be ready, mind, body and soul, to see a magical pine cone. Perhaps your dragon is ready. He is, after all, as much your guide as you are his - and as I am yours."

Chicago, Now:
Crexia wrote back.
"It is a wind young man, a wind, it blows where it will, how can you confine it to a narrow area, we are rather close to the Node, changing a ritual that complex usually takes more time when we have available."
"If we can get to the Node before taking out all the guards and take out the portal and anyone is left then we can let loose unless the Node itself are corrupted. Your plan is not a bad one but I will have to know you you plan to restrain a wind to a narrow area before I even consider moving forward with it."
Crexia wrote and she showed the tablet to you and the other magi. Olamide made a spiral motion with her long, elegant, ring decorated right hand to sign the ideal of a tornado but Crexia looked rather skeptical of that idea.
He smiled slyly and wrote, 'The wind itself is a fairly simple thing. The interesting question of immediate interest would be how quickly can it be combined with the wind wall that was so expertly applied to box in the guards and the werebears earlier? Within such confines, it would be quite unpleasant, I should think.'
He showed the reply to Crexia and the others, then pondered for a moment, and added a note, 'Memo to self: Light attack craft with Mundane Silence cannons.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 28, 2017 5:01 am

Boston November:

Colin nodded slowly, "Eventually, you will. For now, though, there are other priorities. I've... said too much, in any case. I seem to be doing that a lot."

Anna gave you an curious look but she did not ask further as you would not walk about it she just nodded. Kyle glanced over at you but he to decided not to ask.

He smiled and gave Kyle a reassuring pat on the shoulder, "I've got faith in you, son. You might not be ready to really cut loose by the time the contest comes around again next time, but the time after that... Well, it depends on what you have to learn, and how quickly. Chief Morgan is a good teacher, though."

Kyle looked at you for a moment then smiled.
"Yeah, think positively eh Sir? I will make it and one day become powerful."
The young mage said and nodded. Anna smiled and patted his hand.

He smiled, "You will, soon enough. The one here in Boston is pretty impressive. And there are some magnificent ships in dock from time to time."

"Ohh that sounds exiting, have you been there often Mentor?"
Anna asked an in fact you had. Jeffry Morgan had hired an Etherite named Renee Darit to instruct you in how to pilot Umbral ships. Renee was usually a combat pilot and part of Horizon's defenses but as she was currently pregnant with her second child she had to take a break and she saw instruction as a good way to earn a little extra while she could not do her regular job. Twice a week for the last two months you had driven out the Umbral port to be instructed in how to pilot the shuttle Jeffry had inherited.

He pondered, "A composite image like that is called a mosaic... hum...

"A mosaic...I did not know that..."
The little girl said and nodded.

I'll ask Adley if he thinks it's time yet; I've been waiting for you to be ready, mind, body and soul, to see a magical pine cone. Perhaps your dragon is ready. He is, after all, as much your guide as you are his - and as I am yours."

"A magickal pine cone Mentor I do not understand."
Anna said she seamed rather confused then she nodded.
"My Glass Dragon is my guide he is very wise."
She said proudly.

Chicago Now:

He smiled slyly and wrote, 'The wind itself is a fairly simple thing. The interesting question of immediate interest would be how quickly can it be combined with the wind wall that was so expertly applied to box in the guards and the werebears earlier? Within such confines, it would be quite unpleasant, I should think.'

Crexia read the note and shook her head.
"You forget that the Wind of Mundane Silence do just that, create mundane silence and those Auram walls where magick, if the Wind is made powerful enough to take down those guards it would cut right through any magickal walls created to contain it."
She wrote in her tablet and showed you and the other and raised a eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 28, 2017 8:48 am

He gave her a nod and an 'OK' sign to her instructions, he would try to provide cover, defend and protect. Fight as needed. But then frowned over the back and forth over the Wind. He tapped at the following part of her comment:

He glanced at Cara briefly and then requested the stylus. 'I used an ars conj. spell to aim MS wind someone else made as it was being cast, but in these close quarters it would be much harder to control before it blew itself out so I don't think that would work for this. There is some danger too if the wind affects the throwing of the item or the node itself. Any Plan B?' He then returned the stylus and waited to see what they would make of their plan together, keeping an ear out for the trouble brewing itself around the corner.

// grumble grumble, hungry forum nommed by previous post xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 28, 2017 9:05 am

He glanced at Cara briefly and then requested the stylus. 'I used an ars conj. spell to aim MS wind someone else made as it was being cast, but in these close quarters it would be much harder to control before it blew itself out so I don't think that would work for this.

Crexia handed you the wax tablet and the stylus then she glanced at what you wrote it was Olamide who signaled for the tablet though when you where done and she wrote out.
"That could work but what if we made a portal, would the wind dispell it or go through?"
The Tytalus wrote. Crexia took over and wrote.
"It depends, it would dispel most portals."
Cara looked through her pockets and found a scrap of paper and scribbled on it.
"What if we aim the wind from above and down? It would blow through the floor after hitting the guards but not hit the Node. If you can aim."
The Criamon wrote and handed you the scrap with a questioning look.

There is some danger too if the wind affects the throwing of the item or the node itself. Any Plan B?' He then returned the stylus and waited to see what they would make of their plan together, keeping an ear out for the trouble brewing itself around the corner.

Crexia wrote one word to reply on your question about a plan B.
"Ignem."
Both she and Udella could incinerate a whole area if need be, and it would be damn quick, the danger was hitting the Node, but presumably the two older magi also had a bit of finesse.

Since you where actively listening you hear a man from the direction of where the guards where standing declare to his comrades.
"Fuck I really need to go an take a piss."
Another person swore in the Dragon's Tongue then replied in English.
"No Willie, we where told not to leave this spot, hold it."
"I really can't."
"We are in the middle of being attacked, we have Traditionalists or Technocrats or some such shit in the Labyrinth we have to protect the Node."
"Tell that to my bladder."
"Fuck...ok but be quick or the boss lady will have your hide!"

(OOC: The forum is working for Abigail. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 28, 2017 6:52 pm

"That could work but what if we made a portal, would the wind dispell it or go through?" The Tytalus wrote. Crexia took over and wrote. "It depends, it would dispel most portals." Cara looked through her pockets and found a scrap of paper and scribbled on it. "What if we aim the wind from above and down? It would blow through the floor after hitting the guards but not hit the Node. If you can aim."

'Can direct up or down from casting point. Using Auram to direct wind will give it an area of effect different than its natural one. But hitting the enemies and evading the node is trickier, like telling a bullet to change its set course after you aimed and shot someone, then telling it to go up. That may be outside my ability to ensure.'

Crexia wrote one word to reply on your question about a plan B. "Ignem."

Adley nodded at that. Well, his House was known for fire being Plan A for most things so he was not really surprised or against the idea.

Since you where actively listening you hear a man from the direction of where the guards where standing declare to his comrades...

Adley's eyes widened and he turned to the others, waving for their attention, to relay the following in pantomime: he put a hand up to his ear, pointed at the node area, then put up two fingers. Then he made a sign for 1 and then a figure walking across his hand towards them.

// I knew it, Abigail spoils everything! Also lol, poor Willie. He is all of us that have ever had to bust a piss so badly in the worst possible time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 28, 2017 9:07 pm

'Can direct up or down from casting point. Using Auram to direct wind will give it an area of effect different than its natural one. But hitting the enemies and evading the node is trickier, like telling a bullet to change its set course after you aimed and shot someone, then telling it to go up. That may be outside my ability to ensure.'

Crexia nodded and wrote on her tablet.
"It could work, but I am starting to think using a Wind for this is more trouble than it is worth, using Ignem will take the guards out just as quickly and allow us far more control, since then wall to contain the effect will work."
The archmage wrote and then showed you and the rest of the group the note before she scraped it out of the wax.

Adley's eyes widened and he turned to the others, waving for their attention, to relay the following in pantomime: he put a hand up to his ear, pointed at the node area, then put up two fingers. Then he made a sign for 1 and then a figure walking across his hand towards them.

Crexia nodded and gave a signal for everyone to get in towards the wall, near the turn that would lead to the Node and the guards, that way the group would not be seen at once, she then quickly wrote down.
"Knock the guard out...silently, we can not afford to use magick before we are ready to strike, that could be discovered."
She showed the note to you as she hurried in towards the wall together with the others.

Soon you heard footsteps and you saw a man in his early 30's round the corner, he had the gait of someone who needed a toilet very, very badly as he hurried along. Willie was tall and thin, with pale, freckled skin and shoulder length carrot red hair in a ponytail, he wore a white shirt, black west and black pants with nicely polished shoes, a cold bangle on his left wrist and a gold ring in his ear. He did not seam to have noticed you and the rest yet, he was mostly concerned with getting to a place where he could answer nature's call quickly.

(OOC: Well that is Abigail's job, and yes poor Willie, he just need to do his thing and not be executed by the boss for it...or killed by invading Traditionalists. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Boston, November:
Kyle looked at you for a moment then smiled.
"Yeah, think positively eh Sir? I will make it and one day become powerful."
The young mage said and nodded. Anna smiled and patted his hand.
Colin grinned broadly, "That's the spirit. Just remember, positive thinking won't do all the work."

"Ohh that sounds exiting, have you been there often Mentor?"
Anna asked an in fact you had. Jeffry Morgan had hired an Etherite named Renee Darit to instruct you in how to pilot Umbral ships. Renee was usually a combat pilot and part of Horizon's defenses but as she was currently pregnant with her second child she had to take a break and she saw instruction as a good way to earn a little extra while she could not do her regular job. Twice a week for the last two months you had driven out the Umbral port to be instructed in how to pilot the shuttle Jeffry had inherited.
He nodded, "Twice weekly, the past two months, getting flying lessons for the Chief's shuttle. She's a sweet little bird, and handles fairly well. In fact, I rather suspect I'll be serving as the pilot for the next trip to Horizon."

"A magickal pine cone Mentor I do not understand."
Anna said she seamed rather confused then she nodded.
"My Glass Dragon is my guide he is very wise."
She said proudly.
He smiled, "Something I picked up on board a cursed ship in Chicago... A gift from an old friend, in another life... A powerful gift, that might well change the face of the war, in time... It's no weapon, though."

Chicago, Now:
Crexia read the note and shook her head.
"You forget that the Wind of Mundane Silence do just that, create mundane silence and those Auram walls where magick, if the Wind is made powerful enough to take down those guards it would cut right through any magickal walls created to contain it."
She wrote in her tablet and showed you and the other and raised a eyebrow.
He glanced at Cara briefly and then requested the stylus. 'I used an ars conj. spell to aim MS wind someone else made as it was being cast, but in these close quarters it would be much harder to control before it blew itself out so I don't think that would work for this. There is some danger too if the wind affects the throwing of the item or the node itself. Any Plan B?' He then returned the stylus and waited to see what they would make of their plan together, keeping an ear out for the trouble brewing itself around the corner.
Crexia handed you the wax tablet and the stylus then she glanced at what you wrote it was Olamide who signaled for the tablet though when you where done and she wrote out.
"That could work but what if we made a portal, would the wind dispell it or go through?"
The Tytalus wrote. Crexia took over and wrote.
"It depends, it would dispel most portals."
Cara looked through her pockets and found a scrap of paper and scribbled on it.
"What if we aim the wind from above and down? It would blow through the floor after hitting the guards but not hit the Node. If you can aim."
The Criamon wrote and handed you the scrap with a questioning look.
Colin frowned, and noted down on his pad, "I was thinking more of making a Wind Wall of Mundane Silence; the wind can be shaped as a solid-ish structure, like the blade I made earlier. I think shaping such a solid block around the"

Since you where actively listening you hear a man from the direction of where the guards where standing declare to his comrades.
"Fuck I really need to go an take a piss."
Another person swore in the Dragon's Tongue then replied in English.
"No Willie, we where told not to leave this spot, hold it."
"I really can't."
"We are in the middle of being attacked, we have Traditionalists or Technocrats or some such shit in the Labyrinth we have to protect the Node."
"Tell that to my bladder."
"Fuck...ok but be quick or the boss lady will have your hide!"
Crexia nodded and gave a signal for everyone to get in towards the wall, near the turn that would lead to the Node and the guards, that way the group would not be seen at once, she then quickly wrote down.
"Knock the guard out...silently, we can not afford to use magick before we are ready to strike, that could be discovered."
She showed the note to you as she hurried in towards the wall together with the others.

Soon you heard footsteps and you saw a man in his early 30's round the corner, he had the gait of someone who needed a toilet very, very badly as he hurried along. Willie was tall and thin, with pale, freckled skin and shoulder length carrot red hair in a ponytail, he wore a white shirt, black west and black pants with nicely polished shoes, a cold bangle on his left wrist and a gold ring in his ear. He did not seam to have noticed you and the rest yet, he was mostly concerned with getting to a place where he could answer nature's call quickly.
He frowned and pocketed the notebook and pen, gesturing as if to say, "Forget it, then."
He glanced in Willie's direction, then gestured a closing door with his right hand, and a locking motion with the left, followed by sliding his left hand across the right in a barring gesture.

((OOC: Bah, fatigue day today. Sleep Did a bit of OT work today, to make sure I could actually get the job finished uninterrupted, which is a generally big problem for large jobs with folding, stapling, cutting and trimming involved... and it's been peaking at about 18 degrees today. This is not going to be cooler, and I suffer already. Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 29, 2017 4:32 am

Boston November:

Colin grinned broadly, "That's the spirit. Just remember, positive thinking won't do all the work.

Anna sigh and nodded looking frustrated.
"I know however while locked in here with my magick controlled it is not that much I can do when it comes to the getting powerful part, and not much I can do to keep the Traditions from Gilgulling me either so all I really can do at the moment is try to think positive and hope."
She muttered.

He nodded, "Twice weekly, the past two months, getting flying lessons for the Chief's shuttle. She's a sweet little bird, and handles fairly well. In fact, I rather suspect I'll be serving as the pilot for the next trip to Horizon."

The little girl nodded then she smiled.
"That is awesome, it must be fun to be able to fly an Umbral ship, though I hear directions in the Umbra is all messed up that you have to guide by feelings and guideposts rather than up, down left and right."
She asked.

He smiled, "Something I picked up on board a cursed ship in Chicago... A gift from an old friend, in another life... A powerful gift, that might well change the face of the war, in time... It's no weapon, though."

"You have allot of very strange old friends don't you Mentor?"
The young Nephanda said and grinned then she smiled.
"Hum and object from a cursed ship that can change the face of the war but which are no weapon, now that sounds like something from a fantasy book."

Chicago Now:

Colin frowned, and noted down on his pad, "I was thinking more of making a Wind Wall of Mundane Silence; the wind can be shaped as a solid-ish structure, like the blade I made earlier. I think shaping such a solid block around the"

Crexia glanced at what you had written and replied on her wax tablet.
"The idea is not a bad one, but I afraid I at least will not be able to assist you since changing the core elements of such an established spell on the fly is not my specialty, tell me though what would be the benefit of this wind wall over just killing them with fire?"
The old Tytalus showed you the note.

He frowned and pocketed the notebook and pen, gesturing as if to say, "Forget it, then."
He glanced in Willie's direction, then gestured a closing door with his right hand, and a locking motion with the left, followed by sliding his left hand across the right in a barring gesture.

Crexia looked a bit confused, there where door along the hallway but between your group and the guards there where just a turn in the road so she did not understand what you where getting at but she nodded, right now Willie needed to be taken down quietly so he could not alert his friends, and Abigail and there where no time to micro manage the situation, if you had a plan to deal with him then go for it.

(OOC: It have been really hot over here as well I do not do well with heat but yes that do sound stressful.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 29, 2017 5:58 am

He nodded and took out his club, shifting it so he could hit him with the blunt end.

Unfortunately, though Adley -thought- he got the gist of Colin's pantomime to close the guy in, he was unsure how to help him do so quietly, without magick which would be sure to be overheard if not felt. For his own part he seemed ready to clobber Willie. Crexia nodded to Collin's mime and so he figured she must know what he was going to do, and so he waited since he would have to be within closer range anyway.

// blech working in a hot shop OT to finish stuff doesn't sound too awesome : /

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next