Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 26 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 29, 2017 6:38 am

Willie crossed the corridor at an angle heading for the first of the private bedrooms, the young man did not seam to see the group of Traditionalists, he knocked on that door and muttered.
"Ma'am are you there? Could I borrow your bathroom?"
He said softly then he sigh and shook his head.
"No I suppose you are out to defend the Labyrinth."
He muttered to himself. You saw the young man fish a compass in a silver case with several symbols in brass decorating it and he held it up towards the door for a moment then nodded to himself and checked the door to see if he could get in, probably he had been checking for wards to see if he could get in without getting fried, for now he seamed so obsessed with getting to a place to do his business as soon as possible and he was totally oblivious to the group of Traditionalists now basically right across the hall behind his back.

(OOC: And Willie botch his alertness roll...with two ones to no successes, he really is not doing this guarding thing very well now is he. Poor Willie. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 26 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Mon May 29, 2017 10:44 am

Boston, November:
Anna sigh and nodded looking frustrated.
"I know however while locked in here with my magick controlled it is not that much I can do when it comes to the getting powerful part, and not much I can do to keep the Traditions from Gilgulling me either so all I really can do at the moment is try to think positive and hope."
She muttered.
He nodded, "Yes, well, in your case, at the moment, we're still working like madmen on your behalf; positive thinking alone won't do the job... but it helps."

The little girl nodded then she smiled.
"That is awesome, it must be fun to be able to fly an Umbral ship, though I hear directions in the Umbra is all messed up that you have to guide by feelings and guideposts rather than up, down left and right."
She asked.
He nodded, "Surprisingly, it's a lot more intuitive than I'd thought - but then, I wasn't a stranger to the concept; there's plenty of similar descriptions in various Fantasy stories. And Mr. Terach has been giving me some basic lessons in Umbral navigation."

"You have allot of very strange old friends don't you Mentor?"
The young Nephanda said and grinned then she smiled.
"Hum and object from a cursed ship that can change the face of the war but which are no weapon, now that sounds like something from a fantasy book."
He smiled, "Yes, and those friends are the best... And yes, it does sound like something out of Fantasy. But it fits."

Chicago, Now:
Crexia glanced at what you had written and replied on her wax tablet.
"The idea is not a bad one, but I afraid I at least will not be able to assist you since changing the core elements of such an established spell on the fly is not my specialty, tell me though what would be the benefit of this wind wall over just killing them with fire?"
The old Tytalus showed you the note.
He borrowed Crexia's stylus and quickly scribbled a response on the tablet, "Seems they're not Nephandi, so not much."

Crexia looked a bit confused, there where door along the hallway but between your group and the guards there where just a turn in the road so she did not understand what you where getting at but she nodded, right now Willie needed to be taken down quietly so he could not alert his friends, and Abigail and there where no time to micro manage the situation, if you had a plan to deal with him then go for it.
Unfortunately, though Adley -thought- he got the gist of Colin's pantomime to close the guy in, he was unsure how to help him do so quietly, without magick which would be sure to be overheard if not felt. For his own part he seemed ready to clobber Willie. Crexia nodded to Collin's mime and so he figured she must know what he was going to do, and so he waited since he would have to be within closer range anyway.
Willie crossed the corridor at an angle heading for the first of the private bedrooms, the young man did not seam to see the group of Traditionalists, he knocked on that door and muttered.
"Ma'am are you there? Could I borrow your bathroom?"
He said softly then he sigh and shook his head.
"No I suppose you are out to defend the Labyrinth."
He muttered to himself. You saw the young man fish a compass in a silver case with several symbols in brass decorating it and he held it up towards the door for a moment then nodded to himself and checked the door to see if he could get in, probably he had been checking for wards to see if he could get in without getting fried, for now he seamed so obsessed with getting to a place to do his business as soon as possible and he was totally oblivious to the group of Traditionalists now basically right across the hall behind his back.
Colin arched an eyebrow as Willie obliviously lurched past, and double-checked to see if it would be likely to step up to the man undetected by those down the corridor.

((OOC: Poor Willie. And depending on whether the door is in line of sight of the others, his day is about to get so, so much worse... Razz ))

((OOC: Oh, the printroom wasn't too bad - ventilation's working pretty alright now. The outdoors bits between home and work, though, THAT was rather unpleasant. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 am

Boston November:

He nodded, "Yes, well, in your case, at the moment, we're still working like madmen on your behalf; positive thinking alone won't do the job... but it helps."

Anna nodded and looked down.
"I now Mentor and I am grateful, very grateful I am sorry I just get so frustrating at times you know."
She said apologetically.

He nodded, "Surprisingly, it's a lot more intuitive than I'd thought - but then, I wasn't a stranger to the concept; there's plenty of similar descriptions in various Fantasy stories. And Mr. Terach has been giving me some basic lessons in Umbral navigation."

"Yeah I have read it in some books I sneak read, and in books you have given me since I was captured Mentor. Perhaps I will get to pilot and Umbral ship as well one day."
The girl said and smiled then she nodded.
"Mr Terach he is the tall man with the sad gray eyes is he not? I remember him coming into the infirmary at Morningstar for stitches when all was chaos after the battle at the Labyrinth and I was freaking out after seeing that Mercere, Wolfgang...he helped me, told me something that helped me calm down a little...he seam to be kind but he...looks just so sad..."
Anna muttered.

He smiled, "Yes, and those friends are the best... And yes, it does sound like something out of Fantasy. But it fits."

Anna just smiled at that.

Chicago Now:

He borrowed Crexia's stylus and quickly scribbled a response on the tablet, "Seems they're not Nephandi, so not much."

Crexia read what you had written then she took the stylus and tablet back and wrote.
"Oh they are Nephandi alright but I suspect most of them are pawns, one of them spoke that damned language of theirs so I suspect he is a mage at least."

Colin arched an eyebrow as Willie obliviously lurched past, and double-checked to see if it would be likely to step up to the man undetected by those down the corridor.

Yes the rest of the guards are all the way around a bend in the corridor so they can not see Willie where he was trying to get into a room to borrow the loo.

(OOC: The other guards can not see Willie or the door. I will try to draw up how the corridors are placed to make it clearer. Also I will be going home to Sotra today so I will be on a train all day so I do hope it will not be as hot today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Boston, November:
Anna nodded and looked down.
"I now Mentor and I am grateful, very grateful I am sorry I just get so frustrating at times you know."
She said apologetically.
Colin nodded, "Patience is not easy. I can't blame you for getting impatient by now. Nevertheless, eat up, get healthier, and we can start moving a bit faster, I think."

"Yeah I have read it in some books I sneak read, and in books you have given me since I was captured Mentor. Perhaps I will get to pilot and Umbral ship as well one day."
The girl said and smiled then she nodded.
"Mr Terach he is the tall man with the sad gray eyes is he not? I remember him coming into the infirmary at Morningstar for stitches when all was chaos after the battle at the Labyrinth and I was freaking out after seeing that Mercere, Wolfgang...he helped me, told me something that helped me calm down a little...he seam to be kind but he...looks just so sad..."
Anna muttered.
He smiled, "Perhaps you'll become a pilot, indeed... Or perhaps you'll be serving some other function on an Umbral ship, such as an analyst or defensive operator. Who knows? You're certainly mentally agile enough to handle shields and weapons suites in case of a sudden hostile appearance."
He nodded, "And yes, that's Mister Terach. He's a member of the Euthanatos Tradition, you know - a Chakravanti. They carry the heaviest burden of all the Traditions, perhaps - they've taken on the mantle of protecting Fate and the Cycle. If they determine someone must die for the betterment of the world, then they've explored all other options already... and that person will die. Making that terrible decision, so cold and calculating, it's a dreadful burden on the soul. And whatever you do - never, ever call them assassins. They are so much more than that, and they take it as a crass insult."

Chicago, Now:
Crexia read what you had written then she took the stylus and tablet back and wrote.
"Oh they are Nephandi alright but I suspect most of them are pawns, one of them spoke that damned language of theirs so I suspect he is a mage at least."
He nodded, then tapped a finger against where she'd written 'Ignam'. Not much more to add, really...

Yes the rest of the guards are all the way around a bend in the corridor so they can not see Willie where he was trying to get into a room to borrow the loo.
He shrugged silently, then gestured to Adley the door opening motion, followed by pointing at Adley and making a clubbing gesture. If the guy was to be just rendered unconscious, might as well do it somewhere he could be hogtied and locked inside.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Boston November:

Colin nodded, "Patience is not easy. I can't blame you for getting impatient by now. Nevertheless, eat up, get healthier, and we can start moving a bit faster, I think."

"I will try Mentor but when I get scared i am not hungry."
Anna said and sigh but she nodded.
"I will try."

He smiled, "Perhaps you'll become a pilot, indeed... Or perhaps you'll be serving some other function on an Umbral ship, such as an analyst or defensive operator. Who knows? You're certainly mentally agile enough to handle shields and weapons suites in case of a sudden hostile appearance."

"I do think fast Mentor, perhaps to fast at times."
The young Nephanda said and smiled at the praise.
"Umbral ships are wonderful things though, they can go so many places. Miss Warden said there are realms out there made out of nothing but crystal and some who are two dimensional and others you just could not wrap your head around, every though and imagination might spark a new realm, there are no end to them, and she said that out there is where the dragons went when Paradox forced them from earth."
The little girl said with wonder in her eyes.

He nodded, "And yes, that's Mister Terach. He's a member of the Euthanatos Tradition, you know - a Chakravanti. They carry the heaviest burden of all the Traditions, perhaps - they've taken on the mantle of protecting Fate and the Cycle. If they determine someone must die for the betterment of the world, then they've explored all other options already... and that person will die. Making that terrible decision, so cold and calculating, it's a dreadful burden on the soul.

Anna looked at you for a while and nodded.
"I...have heard of that Tradition Mentor the Euthanatos that must be a heavy burden indeed, I suspected that was the Traditions the man with the sad eyes belonged to, when I was freaking out that I would not want to end up like that Mercere...Wolfgang he looked at me and told me I would not, if things went wrong for me I...would either find something to live for and become like Mercere the Founder or my new teacher would make sure I did not end up dead alive, just sitting there and if you could not, then he would...I guess what he said was creepy, but there are some sense of comfort in it as well."
The little girl said softly.
"He must also be a very brave man for the doctor was stitching him up in the face and he did not twitch...I could never do that...ever."

And whatever you do - never, ever call them assassins. They are so much more than that, and they take it as a crass insult."

"Never calling them assassins...got it I will remember that Mentor..."
Anna said and nodded in agreement.

Chicago Now:

He nodded, then tapped a finger against where she'd written 'Ignam'. Not much more to add, really...

Crexia nodded and mouthed silently.
"Ignem it is then."
Then she looked at Willie as if to say for you and Adley to take care of him while she and Udella worked, Oldamide stood guard, her hands ready with elegant sigils, Leon glanced at Adley then he got between the Nephandi man and Cara, Nancy and Rosario. Rosario aimed her crossbow but did nothing and Cara also silently begun as spell as the two older magae begun their work to heat things up for the guards.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 29, 2017 7:32 pm

Adley watched with surprise as Willie crossed right by them and didn't see them, he must really have to take a leak.

(Colin) shrugged silently, then gestured to Adley the door opening motion, followed by pointing at Adley and making a clubbing gesture. If the guy was to be just rendered unconscious, might as well do it somewhere he could be hogtied and locked inside.

Adley nodded, gave an OK symbol and was ready to follow Colin's instructions, hoping to take him down as quietly as possible.

// thanks for the map, Anja. Helpful! Also, that's not the same room with the pet bird, right?

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue May 30, 2017 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *moves the ooc question to where it belongs)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 29, 2017 8:36 pm

You move in on Willie. The Nephandus was fiddeling woth the door by the time you caught up with him and he begun to open the door, you saw a bit of blue carpet inside. Pushing Willie inside should not be a problem.

(Ooc: If I cold have an appropriate roll for whatever Adley plan on trying to do to Willie.)

(Ooc 2: posted from my phone so sorry about spelling errors.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 am

It was a harder feat to pull off than it looked in the movies, to actually knock them out and not cause brain damage or death, especially trying to pull off the attack before the guy saw him or could let out a yelp and alert his friends. As he approached Willie, he tried to see if it was apparent he had any shields or anything in the room that would attack him or make a fuss. When the door was being opened, he aimed for the head with the intent to knock him out in one blow.

// no worries, sorry I was not up for gaming earlier I was a bit distracted but I wanted to put this up before I hit the bed. Wishing that tomorrow I did not have to go back to work.

Attempt to KO Willie as quietly and quickly as he can as he gets in the door, aiming for his head (+2 diff):
Dex+Mel: 0, 2, 3, 7, 2
Dmg: 2+str (3), called strike head (+2): 4, 0, 7, 8, 2, 0, 1 (bashing)

I assumed the diff is at least 8 due to the +2 for the strike.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 am

Boston, November:
"I will try Mentor but when I get scared i am not hungry."
Anna said and sigh but she nodded.
"I will try."
Colin nodded, sighing softly, "I know, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to make that easier for you..."

"I do think fast Mentor, perhaps to fast at times."
The young Nephanda said and smiled at the praise.
"Umbral ships are wonderful things though, they can go so many places. Miss Warden said there are realms out there made out of nothing but crystal and some who are two dimensional and others you just could not wrap your head around, every though and imagination might spark a new realm, there are no end to them, and she said that out there is where the dragons went when Paradox forced them from earth."
The little girl said with wonder in her eyes.
He nodded, grinning, "And to think, there are lost treasures out there, too; hidden Sanctums, pocket realms that Magi of old hid away, that nobody discovered since... Little hidden worlds that are only known from books, TV and movies, or perhaps even games... You know, I rather wonder what Narnia might look like today..."

Anna looked at you for a while and nodded.
"I...have heard of that Tradition Mentor the Euthanatos that must be a heavy burden indeed, I suspected that was the Traditions the man with the sad eyes belonged to, when I was freaking out that I would not want to end up like that Mercere...Wolfgang he looked at me and told me I would not, if things went wrong for me I...would either find something to live for and become like Mercere the Founder or my new teacher would make sure I did not end up dead alive, just sitting there and if you could not, then he would...I guess what he said was creepy, but there are some sense of comfort in it as well."
The little girl said softly.
"He must also be a very brave man for the doctor was stitching him up in the face and he did not twitch...I could never do that...ever."
He nodded, "They are... very good at offering the last mercy. Most, I suppose, find them a bit morbid - and they are by nature susceptible to Jhor - but they are by and large the kindest people you'll find."

Chicago, Now:
Crexia nodded and mouthed silently.
"Ignem it is then."
Then she looked at Willie as if to say for you and Adley to take care of him while she and Udella worked, Oldamide stood guard, her hands ready with elegant sigils, Leon glanced at Adley then he got between the Nephandi man and Cara, Nancy and Rosario. Rosario aimed her crossbow but did nothing and Cara also silently begun as spell as the two older magae begun their work to heat things up for the guards.
Adley nodded, gave an OK symbol and was ready to follow Colin's instructions, hoping to take him down as quietly as possible.
You move in on Willie. The Nephandus was fiddeling woth the door by the time you caught up with him and he begun to open the door, you saw a bit of blue carpet inside. Pushing Willie inside should not be a problem.
It was a harder feat to pull off than it looked in the movies, to actually knock them out and not cause brain damage or death, especially trying to pull off the attack before the guy saw him or could let out a yelp and alert his friends. As he approached Willie, he tried to see if it was apparent he had any shields or anything in the room that would attack him or make a fuss. When the door was being opened, he aimed for the head with the intent to knock him out in one blow.
He kept half an eye on Adley and Willie, and silently began to prepare his own barrage, in case the senior Magi's incineration proved insufficient, mentally repeating, "Multigladii ex malomagia" over and over, quietly opening the tanks' valves and preparing to step out behind the firestorm to machinegun down any survivors with prime bolts...

((OOC: Essentially, preparing to drain the rest of the tanks into a rapid-fire rain of pain and death (most likely) AFTER Crexia and Udella have crisped the crowd. Arete rolls: 4,5,8 - 5,6,8 - 1,3,0 - 5,8,0... That's more successes than I can stack up for improvisation, I think. No botches, one failure in there, but not a problem, I should think. First the old ladies' Boom, then Colin's Dakkadakkadakka. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 am

Boston November:

Colin nodded, sighing softly, "I know, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to make that easier for you..."

Anna gave a sigh and nodded she patted your hand.
"It is ok, you do what you can Mentor I know that, the situation is difficult but it is better than it could be."

He nodded, grinning, "And to think, there are lost treasures out there, too; hidden Sanctums, pocket realms that Magi of old hid away, that nobody discovered since... Little hidden worlds that are only known from books, TV and movies, or perhaps even games... You know, I rather wonder what Narnia might look like today..."

"Yeah or some of the worlds of my favorite games...but yes we could try to find Narnia. I would love to explore the Umbra Mentor, that would be allot of fun."
The girl said with her eyes full of wonder.
"I guess I could still go even if my trial go...wrong, I would not be able to move around out there on my own but I could be on a ship."
She muttered.

He nodded, "They are... very good at offering the last mercy. Most, I suppose, find them a bit morbid - and they are by nature susceptible to Jhor - but they are by and large the kindest people you'll find."

"I do not find them morbid but then again I used to live in a Labyrinth so my perspective on that might be a bit off."
Anna said and smiled a little.
"Jhor is not fun though, not fun at all, not for the mage getting it or those that are around them either."
She commented then she nodded.
"If...things go wrong...Mentor I will...try to live I guess...try to learn hedge magic but if I end up...just sitting there, staring into nothing and not getting better than...I would not want to remain like that."
She muttered fearfully.

Chicago Now:

You can see some sort of magic on Willie, linear you think, a protection against spells and magick used against him but not any physical protections you think. You aim with your club and hit the Nephandus over the head, he gave a soft groan and hit the floor, there was a bit of bleeding from where skin on his scalp had split, but you do not think he was seriously hurt, not that it would matter that much Crexia would probably have the young Nephandus killed after the others where dealt with after all though off course being able to question him would be a boon.

You see old scars after restraints around Willie's wrist where his shirt had been pushed out of the way as he fell, you also see other scars, marks of torture, the young man was now laying half way on the blue carpet on the bedroom that lay beyond the door, this room was larger than Anna's, there where several book cases full of books, a sitting group with a chair, table and sofa, a bed, a desk and a wardrobe, there was also a second door that probably led to the bathroom. Several male genitalia was growing out of the wall in one corner, and some bone spikes that was growing on another wall was used to hang pictures, one was of the woman that had to be Abigail sitting in a chair with three women standing beside her, one of them was Jodelle Jerkins standing tall and proud, then where was a pretty woman in her 40's with big brown eyes, and a woman you recognized or not you...not really but the part of you that came from Sylan, that was her the Labyrinth's security chief. There was another picture with those three women together with Abigail and with the young Nephandus Victor the Cyborg had captured and who had been killed in his bathtub. The third picture was the same group picture of Labyrinth members that Anna had. Next to the TV there was several swords, knives and other weapons handing on display on the wall. The carpet was blue and the roof was stone but the walls where covered in pink, diseased flesh with eyes, mouths and tumors growing out of it.

Willie started moving a little he was dazed but not unconscious, at least he made no sounds, not yet he just moved a little, looking completely confused.

He kept half an eye on Adley and Willie, and silently began to prepare his own barrage, in case the senior Magi's incineration proved insufficient, mentally repeating, "Multigladii ex malomagia" over and over, quietly opening the tanks' valves and preparing to step out behind the firestorm to machinegun down any survivors with prime bolts...

Crexia and Udella quickly stepped around the corner and before the guards had time to react let their effect loose, there was a flash of white as forge hot flames flared up, there where one or two screams but most of the Nephandi had no time to even feel either pain or fear before they died. The fire did not last long and when it was gone as that was left was ash, even personal jewelry had been reduced to droplets on the floor, and the flesh was completely burned off the walls in the small area where the spell had been focused, there was one Nephandus left though, a man, he had formed some sort of shield around himself, even so he was badly burned, his clothes had melted into his flesh and one side of his face was just gone, he was still holding onto the wand, something mad out of metal, that he had used to cast his spell with and it had fused with his hand, the man's remaining eye was big, he was in to much shock to scream and he just stood there looking like he could not fathom what had just happened. It would be easy for Colin to release his spell and cut the sole survivor down with your Prime bolts. where he stook among the ash and melted clothes and weapons of his friends.

(OOC: Not a problem at all, if you do not feel like posting a day that is not an issue. I hope you feel better soon.)

(OOC: Poor Nephandi things are not going to well for them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 30, 2017 5:27 pm

He was surprised that it seemed to work as well as it did, even if he wasn't completely knocked out. He was dazed and the guy didn't make too much noise. After scanning the room quickly to make sure he was not going to face any immediate problems, he started tying Willie down using his own clothing and shoelaces, if he had any and a sock for keeping him from shouting until he could be dealt with properly, one way or the other. He stripped him of his tools and weapons. The decor was, if anything, more hideous in here - the picture with the Nephandi security chief gave him pause. Where was she? Up to no good...no doubt. Wherever Abigail was, perhaps where Cotta had been. He wondered if this was her room, the thought made him more cautious. Nearby, he felt the flare of heat and sizzling prime, the a few cries of surprise of those near the node.

// I'm ok, mostly just a case of really don't want it to be Monday-itis (more like Tuesdayitis, from a holiday but still).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 30, 2017 5:50 pm

He was surprised that it seemed to work as well as it did, even if he wasn't completely knocked out. He was dazed and the guy didn't make too much noise. After scanning the room quickly to make sure he was not going to face any immediate problems, he started tying Willie down using his own clothing and shoelaces, if he had any and a sock for keeping him from shouting until he could be dealt with properly, one way or the other.

Willie did not have shoelaces as he wore a more formal outfit, he had black socks though and you could tear up his shirt to make rope, as you cut up some of his clothing to make restraints you see more scars on his skinny upper body, marks from rather severe torture, including cuts, cuts, burns, marks from a whip and allot of tiny round scars, the Nephandus got scared and started resisting a bit but he was still to dazed and he could only really just make soft groans of protest while he tried to make his head stop spinning so he could understand what was going on.
"Please...don't..."
He managed weakly and he fought feebly against you and his own dizziness, one of his own socks stopped those feeble protests as well and all he could do was grunt and try to twist out of your grip with uncoordinated movements.

He stripped him of his tools and weapons.

Willie had on him the copper and silver compass he had already used, several metal Key of Solomon style talismans, a simple brass and silver wand and a ritual dagger, a gun with an extra clip, keys to his room, a comb, and a Iphone.

The decor was, if anything, more hideous in here - the picture with the Nephandi security chief gave him pause. Where was she? Up to no good...no doubt. Wherever Abigail was, perhaps where Cotta had been. He wondered if this was her room, the thought made him more cautious. Nearby, he felt the flare of heat and sizzling prime, the a few cries of surprise of those near the node.

As you carefully look around the room you see there is very little magickal residues here to be a mage's bedroom, there is some around the bed, morning and evening rituals perhaps, but probably the owner of the room was either very careful with her magick or she had a working chamber somewhere else. Willie's eyes grew wide when he heard the cried and felt the flames, realizing what had happened as his head suddenly cleared from the shock of it and he started shaking his head from side of his in protest and struggling with his bonds for all he had but for now they held, he gave you a horrified look, just horrified.

(OOC: Good to hear you are ok but yeah the start of a week can be tiresome.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 30, 2017 7:29 pm

Boston, November:
"Yeah or some of the worlds of my favorite games...but yes we could try to find Narnia. I would love to explore the Umbra Mentor, that would be allot of fun."
The girl said with her eyes full of wonder.
"I guess I could still go even if my trial go...wrong, I would not be able to move around out there on my own but I could be on a ship."
She muttered.
He grinned, "Actually, there's an explorer vessel I'm hoping to set out with in not too long. I think that for such a daring adventure, with your trial out of the way, bringing you along for a research trip could be a good idea - a bit of change of scenery, and an excellent opportunity for you to spend some time away from anywhere I'd have to suppress your Avatar. You, ah, would probably have the role of mascot or similar, I'm afraid, but I think I could persuade the crew to tolerate your presence. All that needs to be done is finish the cleaning of the ship."

"I do not find them morbid but then again I used to live in a Labyrinth so my perspective on that might be a bit off."
Anna said and smiled a little.
"Jhor is not fun though, not fun at all, not for the mage getting it or those that are around them either."
She commented then she nodded.
"If...things go wrong...Mentor I will...try to live I guess...try to learn hedge magic but if I end up...just sitting there, staring into nothing and not getting better than...I would not want to remain like that."
She muttered fearfully.
He nodded and patted Annas' hand gently, "On the off chance the worst happens, you wil lhave the final say in the matter. If you decide you don't want to live on without your dragon and learn linear magic, or you drift off to a vegetative state, you have my word, I will do what I can to ensure you a painless, quick passing. I won't force you to live like that... But, let's carry on with the assumption that won't happen, shall we?"

Chicago, Now:
Crexia and Udella quickly stepped around the corner and before the guards had time to react let their effect loose, there was a flash of white as forge hot flames flared up, there where one or two screams but most of the Nephandi had no time to even feel either pain or fear before they died. The fire did not last long and when it was gone as that was left was ash, even personal jewelry had been reduced to droplets on the floor, and the flesh was completely burned off the walls in the small area where the spell had been focused, there was one Nephandus left though, a man, he had formed some sort of shield around himself, even so he was badly burned, his clothes had melted into his flesh and one side of his face was just gone, he was still holding onto the wand, something mad out of metal, that he had used to cast his spell with and it had fused with his hand, the man's remaining eye was big, he was in to much shock to scream and he just stood there looking like he could not fathom what had just happened. It would be easy for Colin to release his spell and cut the sole survivor down with your Prime bolts. where he stook among the ash and melted clothes and weapons of his friends.
He watched Adley deal with the poor, oblivious man, gave an approving nod as he tied and drisked the guy, and stepped around the corner, and gave the poor man a sympathetic look before cutting loose with a rapid burst of prime bolts, cutting the spell off once the man no longer stood, "Requiescat in pace... Poor man, the last seconds must've been quite painful. Wait, wasn't there a spirit here, too?"
He glanced back at Adley, "Let me guess, not a Mage of any kind, but a simple minion issued a sett of magical tools to be useful?"

((OOC: Yeah, I'm a bit fatigued here, but whether that's the heat or just nerves regarding surgery tomorrow, I can't say for certain... Either way, here comes a six-day weekend drugged to the gills. Razz Might not post much for a couple of days.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Boston November:

He grinned, "Actually, there's an explorer vessel I'm hoping to set out with in not too long. I think that for such a daring adventure, with your trial out of the way, bringing you along for a research trip could be a good idea - a bit of change of scenery, and an excellent opportunity for you to spend some time away from anywhere I'd have to suppress your Avatar.

"Really? I would like that Mentor. You do not think you would have to suppress my abilities on board a Umbral ship?"
Anna asked with wonder in her eyes.
"I can help out, I mean I can cook and clean...well actually I can't I never have beyond sandwiches but I can learn."
She promised eagerly.

You, ah, would probably have the role of mascot or similar, I'm afraid, but I think I could persuade the crew to tolerate your presence. All that needs to be done is finish the cleaning of the ship."

"That works for me but like I said Mentor I can help out in some way."
Anna said then she looked a bit puzzled.
"The ship is dirty and need cleaning Mentor?"

He nodded and patted Annas' hand gently, "On the off chance the worst happens, you wil lhave the final say in the matter. If you decide you don't want to live on without your dragon and learn linear magic, or you drift off to a vegetative state, you have my word, I will do what I can to ensure you a painless, quick passing. I won't force you to live like that...

Anna looked at you and shivered then she gave you a weak smile.
"Thank you I...will try...to learn hedge magic if...that happens...I will try but if...I...can not live it it...I appreciate that you will not force me to live."
She muttered.
"I...would like you there...if that happened...at the end, even if I might not be able to...reply or be a part of the world around me anymore I would like you there."
The young Nephanda whispered sadly.
"But nothing done to my head please...even if...I am out of it...no damage to my head, not like my first Mentor did with..."
She stopped talking and shuddered.

But, let's carry on with the assumption that won't happen, shall we?"

Anna seamed to cheer up a little at that and she nodded.
"Yeah...it wont happen...it can't...it just can't!"
She muttered and squeezed your hand hard.

Chicago Now:

He watched Adley deal with the poor, oblivious man, gave an approving nod as he tied and drisked the guy, and stepped around the corner, and gave the poor man a sympathetic look before cutting loose with a rapid burst of prime bolts, cutting the spell off once the man no longer stood, "Requiescat in pace... Poor man, the last seconds must've been quite painful. Wait, wasn't there a spirit here, too?"

Indeed it was likely that the last few seconds of the Nephandus life was probably indeed painful and chances where that if he was the Awakened among the group there would be born a widderslainte with a strong fear of fire at some point, the man protecting himself with magick really had not been a boon to him and had made his death horrible rather than quick but he fell quickly when you unleashed your prime bolts at him, one of them hitting him in the face and while they did not really have any kinetic energy behind them it did seam to end him for he fell to the ground and did not move any more.

"There is...it is not fully manifested but she is there."
Udella said and she sounded somewhat concerned as she let her hands drop from the Ignem rote, she was concerned what the Umbrood might do.
"Quite a powerful one as well a noble...hum...for now she is just standing there looking at us though."
She said and for a moment you think you saw a glimpse though those abilities you had inherited from Cotta of a beautiful woman, her eyes where made of green and blue glass shards from bottles, her dress was elegant but sewn from scrap cloth her skin was the color of spoiled milk and her hair was made out of leftovers of various types, the spirit turned to look at you for a moment but she did nothing, at least not yet.

(OOC: I can certainly understand nerves over surgery. I hope it will all go well and take care of yourself Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed May 31, 2017 4:25 am

Even so, if there's any danger you got to know we got your back. he said nodding.
I was planning on bringing his bed and letting him sleep here. He won't be getting better right now, and he's aout of danger with no special trauma like Bee. He can wait by the side.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 31, 2017 6:03 am

He knew it wouldn't do any good to tell Willie to calm down or be quiet, but he seemed too dazed to make much of his growing panic at least by the time he'd got him tied down. He tried not to hurt him if he could help it, but there was only so much that could done for comfort given he didn't want him to get away. The guy was covered in scars...that looked like punishments. He didn't understand, or want to understand why someone would stay but he figured there must be a reason, if not just duress or being forced to do so. Any of his tools could have been used for hermetic magick, but instead here he was. Terrified, staring at him as the other man burned away. "Cease struggling or you will only end up injuring yourself," he said, not unkindly. He wished that he'd been ordered to kill him, at least he would have been spared terror. He took the tools from him so he couldn't get them and glanced at the phone.

He glanced back at Adley, "Let me guess, not a Mage of any kind, but a simple minion issued a sett of magical tools to be useful?"

"He might be a linear magician, he has some type of magick-proofing shielding on himself and ritual tools," he said, careful to keep control over him until he was told what to do with him.

"There is...it is not fully manifested but she is there." Udella said..."Quite a powerful one as well a noble...hum...for now she is just standing there looking at us though."

"Is she the captured entropy spirit of the landfill? Hm, perhaps none of that went against her commands." He frowned, something wasn't adding up.

// Fingers crossed Warp that everything goes as best it can and you're back in action asap.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 31, 2017 6:46 am

Tane:

Even so, if there's any danger you got to know we got your back. he said nodding.

Amadeus and Bruce nodded at that.

I was planning on bringing his bed and letting him sleep here. He won't be getting better right now, and he's aout of danger with no special trauma like Bee. He can wait by the side.

"I am not sure taking a bed down here is the best idea there is not that much room around the Node itself and the ground is uneven with the larger boulders around it that we will not move, a bedroll or sleeping bag though that you can bring."
The old Verbena said and nodded.

Adley:

"Cease struggling or you will only end up injuring yourself," he said, not unkindly. He wished that he'd been ordered to kill him, at least he would have been spared terror. He took the tools from him so he couldn't get them and glanced at the phone.

Willie glanced at you, terrified but he did not stop struggling against his bonds, the make shift rope digging into his flesh as he strained and a soft whimper escaped his lips, his head was a little clearer now but he was fairly well restrained and there was little he could do to escape. The phone was well used with some scratches at the side, the background picture that came up as it asked for the pin code was from some computer game so it looked like the phone of any young person might have.

"He might be a linear magician, he has some type of magick-proofing shielding on himself and ritual tools," he said, careful to keep control over him until he was told what to do with him.

"Bind his fingers just to be sure it is likely the Nephandi have their fair share of linear magicians as well, do he have any Investment Marks that you can see Sodalis? Keep him alive for now if possible once this spirit is dealt with I want to ask him a few questions."
Crexia said softly as her eyes was fixed on the Umbrood before her. From what you had seen as you took the man's west and shirt to make rope he did not have anything that looked like Investment Marks on his upper body at least, just the scars that was everywhere on his body.

"Is she the captured entropy spirit of the landfill? Hm, perhaps none of that went against her commands." He frowned, something wasn't adding up.

"I believe that to be likely Sodalis but she is not acting like our new water elemental friend who was resisting all she could, this one is...calculating, which do worry me."
Udella said sounding concerned.
"Other than the Umbrood we have the guards under control, try to see if the prisoner can be of any help in figuring out who this entity is and why she is just standing there, regarding us rather than doing...well anything."
The Quesitor suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:30 am

Boston, November:
"Really? I would like that Mentor. You do not think you would have to suppress my abilities on board a Umbral ship?"
Anna asked with wonder in her eyes.
"I can help out, I mean I can cook and clean...well actually I can't I never have beyond sandwiches but I can learn."
She promised eagerly.
Colin smiled, "I might be able to extricate an excemption for that - even here, the restraint on your powers is primarily on Chantry grounds while awaiting the outcome of a trial. As for cooking... I think that might be my department, but I'd be all too happy to teach you... It seems Freddy's not too inclined to do the kitchen work."

"That works for me but like I said Mentor I can help out in some way."
Anna said then she looked a bit puzzled.
"The ship is dirty and need cleaning Mentor?"
He frowned, "Not dirty in the usual sense... It went to a... bad place. It was found adrift in the Umbra, crew dead and captain in a coma from which he may never awaken. The entire ship is saturated with highly corrupt Quintessence - though, at least I managed to empty the fuel tanks of the tainted stuff sloshing about there, to great utility. Removing the taint from the ship will take some elbow grease, as they say, and likely a bit of help, as well... but I think I can pull it off. Er, I don't suppose you've seen a movie called Event Horizon? That's pretty much what seems to have happened to the ship in question..."

Anna looked at you and shivered then she gave you a weak smile.
"Thank you I...will try...to learn hedge magic if...that happens...I will try but if...I...can not live it it...I appreciate that you will not force me to live."
She muttered.
"I...would like you there...if that happened...at the end, even if I might not be able to...reply or be a part of the world around me anymore I would like you there."
The young Nephanda whispered sadly.
"But nothing done to my head please...even if...I am out of it...no damage to my head, not like my first Mentor did with..."
She stopped talking and shuddered.
He nodded, "There are... available means that are painless, and won't leave visible damage... Your head will be unharmed."

Anna seamed to cheer up a little at that and she nodded.
"Yeah...it wont happen...it can't...it just can't!"
She muttered and squeezed your hand hard.
He smiled and squeezed her hand back lightly.

Chicago, Now:
Indeed it was likely that the last few seconds of the Nephandus life was probably indeed painful and chances where that if he was the Awakened among the group there would be born a widderslainte with a strong fear of fire at some point, the man protecting himself with magick really had not been a boon to him and had made his death horrible rather than quick but he fell quickly when you unleashed your prime bolts at him, one of them hitting him in the face and while they did not really have any kinetic energy behind them it did seam to end him for he fell to the ground and did not move any more.

"There is...it is not fully manifested but she is there."
Udella said and she sounded somewhat concerned as she let her hands drop from the Ignem rote, she was concerned what the Umbrood might do.
"Quite a powerful one as well a noble...hum...for now she is just standing there looking at us though."
She said and for a moment you think you saw a glimpse though those abilities you had inherited from Cotta of a beautiful woman, her eyes where made of green and blue glass shards from bottles, her dress was elegant but sewn from scrap cloth her skin was the color of spoiled milk and her hair was made out of leftovers of various types, the spirit turned to look at you for a moment but she did nothing, at least not yet.
"I believe that to be likely Sodalis but she is not acting like our new water elemental friend who was resisting all she could, this one is...calculating, which do worry me."
Udella said sounding concerned.
"Other than the Umbrood we have the guards under control, try to see if the prisoner can be of any help in figuring out who this entity is and why she is just standing there, regarding us rather than doing...well anything."
The Quesitor suggested.
He blinked and frowned, "Hum, I think I glimpsed her... don't quite have that under control just yet, but... I think I saw a beautiful woman with blue and green bottleshard eyes, a dress of scraps, and hair of various... Hum, she sort of looks like a combination of Marjory the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock and Snow White, from the Disney movie... I wonder, wasn't she said to be forced to follow orders owing to Abigail holding her children? If she's not under direct control like the water spirit, she's likely rebelling by being extremely literal-minded and interpretive to orders, rather than obeying through her tears..."

((OOC: Operation went well; I'm circumcised, the stitches ache a bit, and I'm never doing that again. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:46 am

Boston November:

Colin smiled, "I might be able to extricate an excemption for that - even here, the restraint on your powers is primarily on Chantry grounds while awaiting the outcome of a trial.

Anna smiled at that.
"I would love that, to be in the Umbra and be allowed to use my magick, that would be neat."
She said and smiled happily.

As for cooking... I think that might be my department, but I'd be all too happy to teach you... It seems Freddy's not too inclined to do the kitchen work."

The young Nephanda nodded.
"I would not mind learning to cook Mentor, that would be a useful skill to have, and I guess Freddy is very busy with her programming."

He frowned, "Not dirty in the usual sense... It went to a... bad place. It was found adrift in the Umbra, crew dead and captain in a coma from which he may never awaken. The entire ship is saturated with highly corrupt Quintessence - though, at least I managed to empty the fuel tanks of the tainted stuff sloshing about there, to great utility. Removing the taint from the ship will take some elbow grease, as they say, and likely a bit of help, as well... but I think I can pull it off. Er, I don't suppose you've seen a movie called Event Horizon? That's pretty much what seems to have happened to the ship in question..."

"I have not been allowed to see allot of movies but I do think I get your point Mentor, the ship needs to be spiritually cleansed then. I guess that will take some time and can be dangerous work, even for a Nephandus there is a limit to how much Jhor we can safely attract though some of us seam to think otherwise. I have gotten Jhor a few times I did not like it."
She muttered.
"Was it not dangerous to use the Quintessence in the fuel tanks though? That have to have been corrupted as well."
The little girl asked in a concerned tone of voice.

He nodded, "There are... available means that are painless, and won't leave visible damage... Your head will be unharmed."

"Viable damage do not matter, but I do not want my...brain hurt, I do not want to stop being...me before I am...dead..."
Anna said sadly and looked down and shuddered again then she looked up and nodded.
"But let us hope that would be necessary."

He smiled and squeezed her hand back lightly.

Anna gave you a slightly encouraged smile.

Chicago Now:

He blinked and frowned, "Hum, I think I glimpsed her... don't quite have that under control just yet, but... I think I saw a beautiful woman with blue and green bottleshard eyes, a dress of scraps, and hair of various... Hum, she sort of looks like a combination of Marjory the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock and Snow White, from the Disney movie...

Crexia nodded at glanced at the Umbrood.
"It is not a bad description of the entity."
She commented as she frowned.
"I do wonder why she is just observing us though and not doing anything, it worries me."

I wonder, wasn't she said to be forced to follow orders owing to Abigail holding her children? If she's not under direct control like the water spirit, she's likely rebelling by being extremely literal-minded and interpretive to orders, rather than obeying through her tears..."

"That is what the Nephandus we interrogated in the sewers said that there was a powerful Umbrood Lord who where forced to cooperate with the Nephandi since Abigail have her child, and it might be that she is rebelling by being extremely liberal in her interpretation of her orders, at least I do not think it is likely she will set the portal of, that would damage her child as well."
Udella said as she observed the Umbrood.
"She do seam to be missing something though...something I can not put my finger on."
She said and frowned.

Rosario glanced at both you and the elder Hermetics.
"So ehm...should I go and toss the marble into the Node now or wait considering that Umbrood?"
She asked and Crexia nodded.
"Yes go, but be careful...young man if you would go with her and make sure she is safe?"
She asked you while still keeping her eyes on the spirit before her.

(OOC: Glad to hear the operation went well. Are you alright Warp? No I think that unless you develop regenerative powers you are never doing that again. Smile Take care of yourself. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:09 am

"Bind his fingers just to be sure it is likely the Nephandi have their fair share of linear magicians as well, do he have any Investment Marks that you can see Sodalis? Keep him alive for now if possible once this spirit is dealt with I want to ask him a few questions."

"Yes ma'am," he replied, checking to make sure his fingers were well secured and then any likely areas he could access for signs of investment. "I didn't see any in passing, he has many scars though...Some areas will be hard to check with him bound." For the moment he put the phone away with the rest of his items.

He blinked and frowned, "Hum, I think I glimpsed her... don't quite have that under control just yet, but... I think I saw a beautiful woman with blue and green bottleshard eyes, a dress of scraps, and hair of various... Hum, she sort of looks like a combination of Marjory the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock and Snow White, from the Disney movie... I wonder, wasn't she said to be forced to follow orders owing to Abigail holding her children? If she's not under direct control like the water spirit, she's likely rebelling by being extremely literal-minded and interpretive to orders, rather than obeying through her tears..."

"There's something off," he agreed. He couldn't quite spare Colin a look, given he was busy with William but he replied, "That seems to fit. I don't like it though there's something we're missing."

"That is what the Nephandus we interrogated in the sewers said that there was a powerful Umbrood Lord who where forced to cooperate with the Nephandi since Abigail have her child, and it might be that she is rebelling by being extremely liberal in her interpretation of her orders, at least I do not think it is likely she will set the portal of, that would damage her child as well." Udella said as she observed the Umbrood. "She do seam to be missing something though...something I can not put my finger on." She said and frowned.

"Would our water elemental friend be able to assist us here, she might have some insight. Or, perhaps we can try talking with her," he said with a frown.

The Quesitor suggested.

"Very well," he said to her and then to Willie, "William, correct? Please stop fighting like that, you are hurting yourself unnecessarily. I would like to ask you a few questions about the elemental. It would be prudent for you to answer them and cooperate. Blink twice if you agree to answer those questions and to not scream for help. That would be a poor choice."

// Glad to hear that you are ok, Warp! Erm, you shouldn't have to ever do it again, if that's any consolation!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:40 am

"Yes ma'am," he replied, checking to make sure his fingers were well secured and then any likely areas he could access for signs of investment. "I didn't see any in passing, he has many scars though...Some areas will be hard to check with him bound." For the moment he put the phone away with the rest of his items.

When you begin to secure the young man's fingers he whimpers and you can feel when touching them that the fingers had been broken, and then time had healed the breaks, what's more they had been broken in the same way you vaguely remember your past life had been taught to do it so the victim would not even be able to form the simplest of the old hand sigils. Willie's fingers had healed but some of the healed breaks where a little of, he had to be in quite a bit of discomfort, quickly he balled his hands into fists when you touched then to protect them, which made it hard to bind his fingers together without using force, which his badly healed fingers might not be able to withstand, two of the man's fingers where not quite able to ball up with the rest, but the others formed tight fists, he was not going to let you touch his fingers.

"There's something off," he agreed. He couldn't quite spare Colin a look, given he was busy with William but he replied, "That seems to fit. I don't like it though there's something we're missing."

"Yes there is something we are missing and it is making me uneasy, very uneasy."
Udella said.
"And if this Umbrood decide to fight against us, we will have a problem om our hands."
She commented in a concerned tone of voice.

"Would our water elemental friend be able to assist us here, she might have some insight. Or, perhaps we can try talking with her," he said with a frown.

"I will ask the elemental for what she knows, and also see if the Umbrood will be willing to talk with me."
Udella said and she begun to mutter softly in Enochian.

"Very well," he said to her and then to Willie, "William, correct?

The bound man nodded slightly than groaned, his head was probably not feeling to great right now and he should try to to make to sudden movements.

Please stop fighting like that, you are hurting yourself unnecessarily.

Willie looked at you he tried a few more times to pull loose from the make shift ropes but he did settle down a little, but considering he had just head the entire group of guards he was with be roasted alive in an instant he was understandably rather terrified.

I would like to ask you a few questions about the elemental. It would be prudent for you to answer them and cooperate. Blink twice if you agree to answer those questions and to not scream for help. That would be a poor choice."

The young man looked at you, he was afraid, very afraid and he probably assumed you would torture the answers out of him, he hesitated then he shook his head and groaned again, he then squeezed his eyes shut waiting for whatever you would do to him and shivering, again you get flashes of memories from your past life, you see yourself standing over that captured Diedne who lay shivering on the ground before you, his hands broken, the worst was you knew him, he had lived at a Covenant not that far from the one you and Carmon had made your homes in, at Tribunal meetings you had seen him, tall, handsome and proud with skin that to your eyes was unbelievably pale, olive green eyes and long red hair flowing down his backs and a long equally red beard split into two braids, his Latin was not so good, many of the Germanic magi had a problem with Latin and Greek but his words had been wise, then the war came and he was now an enemy. You remember hunching down and spontaneously cast a spell, using Auram to form a field of cold air around the man's hands to try to ease the pain and the Diedne glanced up at you, anger and fear in his olive colored eyes, he was just as beautiful as you remembered him but you tried to put that thought out of your mind, he was a prisoner now it would not do to think of him like that and you understood why Diedne had to be destroyed even if the war to accomplish it was horrible, then you was suddenly back in the Labyrinth, Willie looked at you confused as you must have zoned out for a moment during your throwback so he had taken the chance to open his eyes to see what was going on since the torture he expected had not come he could not understand how his hands and the situation had made your soul remember another prisoner from so long ago.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Boston, November:
Anna smiled at that.
"I would love that, to be in the Umbra and be allowed to use my magick, that would be neat."
She said and smiled happily.
He nodded, "It would be a good opportunity, I think, for you to get some practice in; I think your skills could well prove useful in the defense of an Umbral ship."

The young Nephanda nodded.
"I would not mind learning to cook Mentor, that would be a useful skill to have, and I guess Freddy is very busy with her programming."
He grinned, "I'm afraid Freddy's extensive grasp of cuisine extends to premade meals that can be microwaved... Not much flavour or nutrients in that. Whereas I prefer starting from scratch with a good cut of meat and fresh vegetables. Takes a little more time, but i think it is worth it."

"I have not been allowed to see allot of movies but I do think I get your point Mentor, the ship needs to be spiritually cleansed then. I guess that will take some time and can be dangerous work, even for a Nephandus there is a limit to how much Jhor we can safely attract though some of us seam to think otherwise. I have gotten Jhor a few times I did not like it."
She muttered.
"Was it not dangerous to use the Quintessence in the fuel tanks though? That have to have been corrupted as well."
The little girl asked in a concerned tone of voice.
He nodded, speaking softly, "Not just spiritually cleansed - it's saturated with tainted Quintessence, more than merely haunted... I've seen... some of what happened on board. It was not pleasant."
He grinned, "And using that tainted Quintessence wasn't dangerous for me. I've devised a rote which could have made me ridiculously wealthy, if not for my decision to publish it for the greater public good - it allows a Mage to funnel Quintessence directly into a spell from an external source, rather than processing it through the Avatar first. It's a safe way to burn off any highly resonated Quintessence, but the spell is, of course, utterly affected by such Resonance, rather than your own. I suppose it will at some point cause a lot of confusion for various forensic examiners when someone starts finding traces of highly Dynamic spells flung around by what happens to be a very Static Mage, for example... Once you've got a bit of freedom to work your own magic, it's going to be one of the first things I teach you, in terms of magical application. And, of course, I'm going to ask for a bit of instruction from you, as well; you've got some tricks up your sleeve I haven't uite mastered yet."

"Viable damage do not matter, but I do not want my...brain hurt, I do not want to stop being...me before I am...dead..."
Anna said sadly and looked down and shuddered again then she looked up and nodded.
"But let us hope that would be necessary."
He nodded and patted Anna's hand lightly.

Chicago, Now:
Crexia nodded at glanced at the Umbrood.
"It is not a bad description of the entity."
She commented as she frowned.
"I do wonder why she is just observing us though and not doing anything, it worries me."
He pondered for a moment, then grinned, "Ten dollars say she's been given specific orders to watch the corridor for intruders and follow the orders of said guards..."

"That is what the Nephandus we interrogated in the sewers said that there was a powerful Umbrood Lord who where forced to cooperate with the Nephandi since Abigail have her child, and it might be that she is rebelling by being extremely liberal in her interpretation of her orders, at least I do not think it is likely she will set the portal of, that would damage her child as well."
Udella said as she observed the Umbrood.
"She do seam to be missing something though...something I can not put my finger on."
She said and frowned.
He frowned, "Missing... something?"

Rosario glanced at both you and the elder Hermetics.
"So ehm...should I go and toss the marble into the Node now or wait considering that Umbrood?"
She asked and Crexia nodded.
"Yes go, but be careful...young man if you would go with her and make sure she is safe?"
She asked you while still keeping her eyes on the spirit before her.
He nodded and stepped up to flank Rosario, then glanced over at Leon, "Ah, would you be so kind as to provide additional cover for her? I'm not as swift on my feet as I'd normally be, so if someone a little more agile than me could help, I'd appreciate that."
He carefully led Rosario toward the Node chamber, making sure to take a few steps away from where he'd glimpsed the spirit, allowing Udella and Crexia a clear shot at her if necessary.

((OOC: Oh, I know that patch of leather won't grow back. That aside, it hurts a lot like a moderate toothache. And if there's any place in or on my body I don't want a toothache... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 pm

"Please, I do not wish to break your fingers to secure them. You have had this done before. I think we'd both rather not make you suffer through that, " he tried, as he balled up his hands. "I am going to look for investment marks," he told him, but then the memory of the Diedne crept into his mind when he...or not him, Carmon's friend had to do something much like this before to another prisoner. He blinked and suddenly the Nephandi was in front of him and now confused as well as terrified, the memory of the spell he had cast on the other man felt almost as if he had just cast it himself. As if he had been in another battle from another war.

"I am not going to torture you," he said to him, as he searched him. "You've had enough of that here, in this place." He paused and then said, "But I need you to hear me out. What you know could prevent a disaster. Certainly, you know that we don't want your masters to reach their goals. But I doubt that you know what many of those goals are or what your Mistress had in mind when she told you to guard this node, William. You and your compatriot were token guards, meant to window-dress a larger trap, that when triggered will not only kill all of us, but open a portal into Oblivion that will take us, the Labyrinth, everyone in it, out with it. This spirit could well be part of that trap. One wrong step here and it could be triggered. Perhaps you agree with this plan?" He waited to see what the man thought of that, and then continued. "If not, I ask you to reconsider discussing what you know about the elemental and the node."

// lol, hell of a way to explain it. A moderate toothache in an unmentionable place ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Boston November:

He nodded, "It would be a good opportunity, I think, for you to get some practice in; I think your skills could well prove useful in the defense of an Umbral ship."

Anna nodded at that.
"Yeah I think I might be able to help out a bit at least, in a fight in the Umbra someone who is good at stopping magick could be a boon, and any chance to use my powers right now would feel wonderful...I feel so restricted I mean if this what I am feeling right now is what it is like to be a sleeper, how do they manage to get through their lives?"
The girl said and shook her head with a frustrated sigh.

He grinned, "I'm afraid Freddy's extensive grasp of cuisine extends to premade meals that can be microwaved... Not much flavour or nutrients in that. Whereas I prefer starting from scratch with a good cut of meat and fresh vegetables. Takes a little more time, but i think it is worth it."

"Yeah I have had a few of those premade frozen dinners they are not that tasty, Gabriel often did not have the time to cook, the pawns would cook at times but often they where busy with tasks, I like food that are made from scratch best."
Anna said then she smiled.
"I can make an omelette and pancakes to, fluffy ones."
She declared proudly.

He nodded, speaking softly, "Not just spiritually cleansed - it's saturated with tainted Quintessence, more than merely haunted... I've seen... some of what happened on board. It was not pleasant."

The young Nephanda sigh and nodded sagely.
"There are allot of dangerous places in the Umbra and horrible things can happen, it will be quite a job then to get than ship usable again."

He grinned, "And using that tainted Quintessence wasn't dangerous for me. I've devised a rote which could have made me ridiculously wealthy, if not for my decision to publish it for the greater public good - it allows a Mage to funnel Quintessence directly into a spell from an external source, rather than processing it through the Avatar first. It's a safe way to burn off any highly resonated Quintessence, but the spell is, of course, utterly affected by such Resonance, rather than your own. I suppose it will at some point cause a lot of confusion for various forensic examiners when someone starts finding traces of highly Dynamic spells flung around by what happens to be a very Static Mage, for example...

You got two very interested young mages paying attention to what you where saying all of a sudden, both looking at you with twinkling eyes, both had grown up as mages, magick was what they knew, what they where it was very much the basis of their lives and hearing about some new, existing magick was quite a treat.
"That is amazing Sir so you are not affected by the Vimused for the spells this rote is used with at all then only the action itself will affect your own energetic system?"
Kyle asked and Anna nodded.
"That is very claver Mentor, but how would that rote work with your own Resonance would it still be harder to work magick on something that go against your own personal favor as it where when using that rote or would it be the Resonance of the Quintessence itself that would determine that?"
Anna said and cocked her head to the side.

Once you've got a bit of freedom to work your own magic, it's going to be one of the first things I teach you, in terms of magical application. And, of course, I'm going to ask for a bit of instruction from you, as well; you've got some tricks up your sleeve I haven't uite mastered yet."

Anna clapped her hands together joyfully again and bounced where she sat.
"I would love to learn that rote Mentor and teaching you as well, I know some neat tricks, I do, that will be fun."
She declared happily and giggled like if she had been promised a treat.

Chicago Now:

He pondered for a moment, then grinned, "Ten dollars say she's been given specific orders to watch the corridor for intruders and follow the orders of said guards..."

Crexia looked at you and raised an eyebrow then she gave a wry smile.
"Very well then young man I can accept that bet, I do think there is something more going on here than that though, but yo could be right off course, let us hope it is as simple as that."

He frowned, "Missing... something?"

Udella nodded.
"Yes but I...am not quite sure what, I can not put my finger on it."

He nodded and stepped up to flank Rosario, then glanced over at Leon, "Ah, would you be so kind as to provide additional cover for her? I'm not as swift on my feet as I'd normally be, so if someone a little more agile than me could help, I'd appreciate that."

Leon nodded and walked up to Rosario on the opposite side form you and kept careful watch over the area as you walked, his gun at the ready in case of trouble. Rosario looked at you both for a moment and nodded as she headed towards the Node you all felt.

He carefully led Rosario toward the Node chamber, making sure to take a few steps away from where he'd glimpsed the spirit, allowing Udella and Crexia a clear shot at her if necessary.

You walk past the Umbrood and into the Node chamber, the entrance was a large, stone arch you then got into a chamber that had a spiral pattern on the floor made in gold colored rocks, in the center of the spiral sat a rack made of old, creaky wood, it looked old enough to be from the middle ages and many victims over countless years had stained the once brown wood red, on top of the old torture instrument lay a woman, she was blond though that hair was mostly red from her own blood now, her eyes was closed, she was naked and there was hardly an inch of flesh that was not covered in cuts, bruises and burns and she was stretched so her shoulders and ships had been pulled out of their sockets, blood dripped from the rope burns around her wrists and ankles. An IV in each of her thin arms kept her alive, at least for a little while longer, extending her life and suffering. The woman could not scream, a pear of anguish had been forced into her mouth and it was open so far her jaw had to be dislocated or broken, she could do nothing but grunt and moan and suffer. On the floor around the rack lay the former victims, rotting bodies...piles of decaying flesh...bones...so many bones, they piled up in the corners stacking as high as the roof, it seamed people was brought her, tortured and broken on the rack and then left to suffer for a long as possible and when they died they where dumped on the floor to rot, and a new unfortunate soul was brought in, a never ending flow of victims to feed the Node, feed the old rack...Rosario have to bite back a cry as she stepped into the room and she took a step back and shook her head in horror over what she was seeing she continued to shake her head and stepped slowly away, it was just to much for her to see this...blatant cruelty.

Other than the rack and the bones there was little else in the Node that you could see save braziers with irons ready to touch skin, and hooks from which there hung whips, tongs, knives and other torture instruments. The chamber reverberated with power though it was a very powerful Node though Mia turned away in disgust in your soul, the Resonance did not suit her, it did not suit her one little bit.

"Please, I do not wish to break your fingers to secure them. You have had this done before. I think we'd both rather not make you suffer through that, " he tried, as he balled up his hands.

The Nephandus gave a horrified whimper when you talked about breaking his fingers, he hesitated and relaxed his hands a little, but he was still very tense and he clearly hated having his hands touched, and with how much he tensed up and twisted his fingers out of the was, and with those badly healed breaks using the force needed to bind the would hurt him and it was clear he had to fight not to ball his hands up again as you worked on him, he tried to comply but really it was not making it that much easier, he was terrified and the earlier breaking of his fingers had traumatized him, he was to scared to relax and with his fingers taunt and stiff from his fear manipulating them without harming him was not an easy task.

"I am going to look for investment marks," he told him, but then the memory of the Diedne crept into his mind when he...or not him, Carmon's friend had to do something much like this before to another prisoner. He blinked and suddenly the Nephandi was in front of him and now confused as well as terrified, the memory of the spell he had cast on the other man felt almost as if he had just cast it himself. As if he had been in another battle from another war.

Willie looked at you his eyes wide, he had not moved while you had the throwback, he probably found it safest to comply as much as he could and hope that would make things easier on him, he did look very confused though and nervous, not really knowing if you where entering a Quiet, or what was happening and he could not help but give a soft, terrified whimper.

"I am not going to torture you," he said to him, as he searched him. "You've had enough of that here, in this place."

Willie looked confused again, he had fully expected to be tortured, he did not relax much though as he did not know if he could trust you, nor did he protest you searching him. You did not find any investment marks as you searched, only more scars and marks of torture, the gold plated steel bracelet around one of his wrists though where locked on and it read in Latin:
"I am the property of Dancer of Screams."
Probably a Nephandi's Craft name, on the young man's left shoulder you found a scar in the shape of two triangles inside a circle, you had seen the same symbol on a jewelry box inside this very room, the chamber's owner's personal sigil perhaps, which she had burned into Willie's flesh as if he was a cow at auction, other than that non of his marks and scars seamed to be anything other than scars, marks of torment but not infernal contracts.

He paused and then said, "But I need you to hear me out. What you know could prevent a disaster. Certainly, you know that we don't want your masters to reach their goals. But I doubt that you know what many of those goals are or what your Mistress had in mind when she told you to guard this node, William. You and your compatriot were token guards, meant to window-dress a larger trap, that when triggered will not only kill all of us, but open a portal into Oblivion that will take us, the Labyrinth, everyone in it, out with it.

The Nephandus' eyes widened as you spoke and he made a fearful noise and shook his head in disbelief and worry, it seamed your words where reaching him at least and he did not seam to keep on a trip through a portal to Oblivion.

This spirit could well be part of that trap. One wrong step here and it could be triggered. Perhaps you agree with this plan?" He waited to see what the man thought of that, and then continued. "If not, I ask you to reconsider discussing what you know about the elemental and the node."

Willie looked at you, his eyes big and scared, then he looked at the wall where Abigail's picture with her three students where located and he winced terrified of what his mistress might do to him if he betrayed her but then he looked back and you again and seamed to believe what you had said about what would happen, about the trap on the Node and finally he blinked twice to show you he would talk, perhaps Oblivion scared him more than his Mistress, after all Nephandus or not if he was not Awakened he had not been through the Cauls and there would be a limit to how much he would be able to long for such a thing, he looked so scarred though that his cooperation would be fragile, and with all of those scars, his fear was well founded, pressing him to much might make him shut down and say nothing.

(OOC: You better not become a Nephandus then for Paradox with the Fallen can easily learn to a little mouth developing in certain places and then you might really get a toothache well...ehm Razz I hope you feel better soon though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Boston, November:
Anna nodded at that.
"Yeah I think I might be able to help out a bit at least, in a fight in the Umbra someone who is good at stopping magick could be a boon, and any chance to use my powers right now would feel wonderful...I feel so restricted I mean if this what I am feeling right now is what it is like to be a sleeper, how do they manage to get through their lives?"
The girl said and shook her head with a frustrated sigh.
Colin smiled, "There's a saying, 'Ignorance is Bliss'. I was a man grown before I experienced magic, myself, and it was only then that I started realising how much I'd never known before..."

"Yeah I have had a few of those premade frozen dinners they are not that tasty, Gabriel often did not have the time to cook, the pawns would cook at times but often they where busy with tasks, I like food that are made from scratch best."
Anna said then she smiled.
"I can make an omelette and pancakes to, fluffy ones."
She declared proudly.
He grinned, "A good omelette is an excellent place to start. I'm sure you'll become a fine cook in due time."

The young Nephanda sigh and nodded sagely.
"There are allot of dangerous places in the Umbra and horrible things can happen, it will be quite a job then to get than ship usable again."
He nodded, "On the positive side, I don't think there's any structural damage to the ship whatsoever, so she's just lying in dock, scaring everyone..."

You got two very interested young mages paying attention to what you where saying all of a sudden, both looking at you with twinkling eyes, both had grown up as mages, magick was what they knew, what they where it was very much the basis of their lives and hearing about some new, existing magick was quite a treat.
"That is amazing Sir so you are not affected by the Vimused for the spells this rote is used with at all then only the action itself will affect your own energetic system?"
Kyle asked and Anna nodded.
"That is very claver Mentor, but how would that rote work with your own Resonance would it still be harder to work magick on something that go against your own personal favor as it where when using that rote or would it be the Resonance of the Quintessence itself that would determine that?"
Anna said and cocked her head to the side.
He nodded, "Simpler things, such as a bolt of primal fire, are easy enough. But to be honest, I haven't used such resonated Quintessence for complicated work much, since I haven't really had the opportunity to test it in, er, controlled circumstances. But yes, I expect any working that runs counter to my own personal inclinations would prove slightly harder to conjure up, regardless of the extra Quintessence procured to fuel it. It's a simple way to increase power drastically, but control, oh, now that is the one part that must come from within to begin with. Sort of like a Ball of Abysmal Flame; I'm given to understand that is left to soak up a ridiculous amount of Quintessence over an extended period of time before it is detonated? Same basic principle; the casting depends on the skill and power of the Mage, but the extra Quintessence can be forcibly pumped into further damage. Most importantly, though - it is an efficient way to burn off highly resonated Quintessence, in case one should come to, say, confiscate a carload of Qlippothic Tass, and is disinclined to chew through it all and contract Jhor in the process."
He arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "I'd almost have thought your Mentor would have shown you this already, though... But I suppose he decided to wait until your trial."

Anna clapped her hands together joyfully again and bounced where she sat.
"I would love to learn that rote Mentor and teaching you as well, I know some neat tricks, I do, that will be fun."
She declared happily and giggled like if she had been promised a treat.
He grinned, "Like a carefully woven ward on the door? The sort a half-demonspawn might find tasty? I'd love to see what you can teach me about that."

Chicago, Now:
Crexia looked at you and raised an eyebrow then she gave a wry smile.
"Very well then young man I can accept that bet, I do think there is something more going on here than that though, but yo could be right off course, let us hope it is as simple as that."
He nodded, turning serious again, "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, Ma'am."

Udella nodded.
"Yes but I...am not quite sure what, I can not put my finger on it."
He frowned, "Well, warn us if you spot it, would you?"

Leon nodded and walked up to Rosario on the opposite side form you and kept careful watch over the area as you walked, his gun at the ready in case of trouble. Rosario looked at you both for a moment and nodded as she headed towards the Node you all felt.
You walk past the Umbrood and into the Node chamber, the entrance was a large, stone arch you then got into a chamber that had a spiral pattern on the floor made in gold colored rocks, in the center of the spiral sat a rack made of old, creaky wood, it looked old enough to be from the middle ages and many victims over countless years had stained the once brown wood red, on top of the old torture instrument lay a woman, she was blond though that hair was mostly red from her own blood now, her eyes was closed, she was naked and there was hardly an inch of flesh that was not covered in cuts, bruises and burns and she was stretched so her shoulders and ships had been pulled out of their sockets, blood dripped from the rope burns around her wrists and ankles. An IV in each of her thin arms kept her alive, at least for a little while longer, extending her life and suffering. The woman could not scream, a pear of anguish had been forced into her mouth and it was open so far her jaw had to be dislocated or broken, she could do nothing but grunt and moan and suffer. On the floor around the rack lay the former victims, rotting bodies...piles of decaying flesh...bones...so many bones, they piled up in the corners stacking as high as the roof, it seamed people was brought her, tortured and broken on the rack and then left to suffer for a long as possible and when they died they where dumped on the floor to rot, and a new unfortunate soul was brought in, a never ending flow of victims to feed the Node, feed the old rack...Rosario have to bite back a cry as she stepped into the room and she took a step back and shook her head in horror over what she was seeing she continued to shake her head and stepped slowly away, it was just to much for her to see this...blatant cruelty.
He took in the sight without even twitching a muscle, then patted Rosario on the shoulder, "Miss, would you..."
He swallowed, only for an instant, "Would you kindly throw the marble into the node, as hard as possible, and shatter it? Then, after that is done, I'll... burn it all out."

Other than the rack and the bones there was little else in the Node that you could see save braziers with irons ready to touch skin, and hooks from which there hung whips, tongs, knives and other torture instruments. The chamber reverberated with power though it was a very powerful Node though Mia turned away in disgust in your soul, the Resonance did not suit her, it did not suit her one little bit.
He laid his left hand against his chest, almost in a cradling gesture, and thought inward, 'I know, it's horrible... But we'll use the Node to burn itself and the chamber out, once the portal is dealt with... Primal fire should clean the room quite well... and perhaps even make some headway in purifying the Node?'

((OOC: I had no intention of crawling into a Caul to begin with, no. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next