Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:34 pm

"That is not enough Traditionalist, I will rip the souls out of their bodies and feed their children to my Labyrinth walls before their eyes before I slowly grind them to bone and blood stating with their toes."
Abigail roared.
Colin shrugged, "If you make it out, I guess I won't be able to stop you. If."

"Oh save me your self righteous speeches Traditionalist and go fuck yourself."
Abigail said and glared at you.
He smiled darkly, "Oh, I'm not so arrogant as to presume I've always been in the right, or always will be... but I'll never stop seeking to improve and build anew - I will always be here to pick up the pieces."

Abigail just screamed in rage at you and then followed a long series of shouted threads for things she would do to you that clearly would require quite advanced degrees of Ars Corpus to full of as most of them where medical impossibilities.
He listened patiently, arching an eyebrow at the most anatomically improbable suggestions, until Abigail finally stopped, "You know, a simple 'thank you for your consideration' would have sufficed, but I'll take your expression of gratitude as it is offered."

"Meaning perhaps, however that do not mean a life without magick is worth living, not when you have seen what wonders it can bring."
Abigail declared. Jerome who was busy taking aim at the man with the slug like skin a little ways from you just scoffed at that though he looked somewhat saddened.
"Martha will never talk, never it is just a shame she is to polite to tell the lot of you to go put your heads in a meat grinder."
Abigail continued, ignoring the scoffs from the Mercere.
He shrugged, "The loss of one's Avatar does not mean a life without magic. A different kind of magic, perhaps, but it's surprising what one can overcome."

"You keep telling yourself that Traditionalist it will make it far easier for my side to get to you eventually."
Abigail said and her scarred face twisted into a contented smile.
He shook his head, "There's only one reason why I would approach the Black Spiral, and that's to drag someone out of it. And for every Fallen Avatar I can help guide back to the light, another nail will be hammered into the coffin of the Nephandi. In the long run, you will lose."

"Vampirism do not frighten me Traditionalist, well not more than other forms of Gilgul do, and while somewhat limited a Massassa can still become quite powerful, as a vampire I would have a chance of vengeance and the thing is like I said I would rather thank a fifty, fifty chance of vampirism, than no chance being the captive of the cursed Traditions!"
He frowned, "I helped rescue the old Tremere you had set miss Carlyle to guard. He... spoke with me, of sorts. If you don't fear vampirism more than other forms of Gilgul, you're a fool."

((OOC: Yeah, I can take a little time to taunt Abigail, but the post-gunfire narrative can wait for Adley's reactions, too. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Colin shrugged, "If you make it out, I guess I won't be able to stop you. If."

"Oh I will make it out, I have no doubt about that."

He smiled darkly, "Oh, I'm not so arrogant as to presume I've always been in the right, or always will be... but I'll never stop seeking to improve and build anew - I will always be here to pick up the pieces."

Abigail just glared at you and scoffed.

He listened patiently, arching an eyebrow at the most anatomically improbable suggestions, until Abigail finally stopped, "You know, a simple 'thank you for your consideration' would have sufficed, but I'll take your expression of gratitude as it is offered."

The old Nephanda seethed she gave you all look that said that if she was not busy holding her protective barrier going she would gladly rip you in half with her magick, well that and a few other less comfortable things.
"I will collect my apprentices Traditionalist and then I am coming for vengeance!"
She declared in a soft, dangerous voice that made the other Fallen look a bit uneasy.

He shrugged, "The loss of one's Avatar does not mean a life without magic. A different kind of magic, perhaps, but it's surprising what one can overcome."

"Being given a few talismans to play with or perhaps learning some from of hedge magic is poor substitute for reshaping reality itself, it is not something someone can overcome."
The Lady of the Labyrinth declared. Jerome still gave her a sour look and muttered something about the Mercere not exactly playing with talismans.

He shook his head, "There's only one reason why I would approach the Black Spiral, and that's to drag someone out of it. And for every Fallen Avatar I can help guide back to the light, another nail will be hammered into the coffin of the Nephandi. In the long run, you will lose."

"You speak of things that are impossible and think it will worry me Traditionalist surely you can do better than that."
Abigail scoffed.
"And we will get you eventually, well if I let you live long enough to join that is."

He frowned, "I helped rescue the old Tremere you had set miss Carlyle to guard. He... spoke with me, of sorts. If you don't fear vampirism more than other forms of Gilgul, you're a fool."

"Gilgul is Gilgul at least vampirism offer the chance of revenge."
Abigail and and shrugged.
"And like I said I like my chances with that better than being hauled to Horizon if by some miracle you make it past my wards."

(OOC: Agreed poor Abigail she is being poked at. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:25 pm

"Oh I will make it out, I have no doubt about that."
Colin nodded briefly in the direction of the man who could only be the Jade Demon, "You might defeat us Traditionalists, but I very much doubt you can beat him. Just a hunch."

The old Nephanda seethed she gave you all look that said that if she was not busy holding her protective barrier going she would gladly rip you in half with her magick, well that and a few other less comfortable things.
"I will collect my apprentices Traditionalist and then I am coming for vengeance!"
She declared in a soft, dangerous voice that made the other Fallen look a bit uneasy.
He smiled thinly and replied in a calm, even voice, "It's all you can do to keep your defenses up. You may have had seventy years or more to prepare for your gambit this weekend... but you were not prepared for the Traditions catching on. Not when we managed to acquire help from the Union, and our attack here just happened to coincide with the honourable Jade Demon's not-so-cordial visit. You will reclaim no-one. And you have no claim on vengeance."

"Being given a few talismans to play with or perhaps learning some from of hedge magic is poor substitute for reshaping reality itself, it is not something someone can overcome."
The Lady of the Labyrinth declared. Jerome still gave her a sour look and muttered something about the Mercere not exactly playing with talismans.
He smiled thinly, "Only a fool would outright dismiss the capabilities of a single Mercere who walks the Founder's path - it's not about the raw power you can bring to the fight, it's the skill and creativity you can apply to what power you have. Whether that power is borrowed or one's own."

"You speak of things that are impossible and think it will worry me Traditionalist surely you can do better than that."
Abigail scoffed.
"And we will get you eventually, well if I let you live long enough to join that is."
He grinned, "Impossible, yes. About as impossible, I suppose, as calling down an Aswadim. Actually, less impossible, since an Avatar has already been restored from its Fallen state - now, it's only a matter of replicating the miracle; shouldn't take more than a few years."

"Gilgul is Gilgul at least vampirism offer the chance of revenge."
Abigail and and shrugged.
"And like I said I like my chances with that better than being hauled to Horizon if by some miracle you make it past my wards."
He shook his head, "Vampirism is Gilgul without the ability to let yourself die, from what I hear tell... A beast forcing you to stay alive when the loneliness in your soul tells you to let go and die; it's not a fate I would wish on anyone."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Colin nodded briefly in the direction of the man who could only be the Jade Demon, "You might defeat us Traditionalists, but I very much doubt you can beat him. Just a hunch."

Abigail glanced at the Jade Demon, she did not say anything but some of the bravado drained from her face it was clear she would much rather end up a prisoner of the Traditions than of the ancient Nephandus.

He smiled thinly and replied in a calm, even voice, "It's all you can do to keep your defenses up. You may have had seventy years or more to prepare for your gambit this weekend... but you were not prepared for the Traditions catching on. Not when we managed to acquire help from the Union, and our attack here just happened to coincide with the honourable Jade Demon's not-so-cordial visit. You will reclaim no-one. And you have no claim on vengeance."

"That makes me wonder how did you numb skulls catch on? Did Larson screw up in some way?"
Abigail asked then she gave you an angry look.
"Martha and Jodelle are my magickal daughters my students I have every right to vengeance and for their sister that your faction kill, that was in combat I might forgive that but for the other two there will be blood, if you have students yourself Traditionalist you will understand my anger."
She grumbled. The Jade Demon glanced in your direction, he was ancient, he had the same eyes as George Steelhavem, very old and very wise, you also notice he had no deformities, nor did most members of his Household have the typical extra organs and mutations you have seen in most senior Nephandi, the old man did not speak though and he soon returned his attention to Abigail.

He smiled thinly, "Only a fool would outright dismiss the capabilities of a single Mercere who walks the Founder's path - it's not about the raw power you can bring to the fight, it's the skill and creativity you can apply to what power you have. Whether that power is borrowed or one's own."

Jerome gave you a grateful smile for your words, the beautiful Mercere wielded a talisman gun with two silver feathered dangling from the hilt. Abigail just scoffed but she said nothing more about it.

He grinned, "Impossible, yes. About as impossible, I suppose, as calling down an Aswadim. Actually, less impossible, since an Avatar has already been restored from its Fallen state - now, it's only a matter of replicating the miracle; shouldn't take more than a few years."

"Larson was supposed to have her agents take care of that Flambeau brat!"
Abigail spat.
"Whatever rumors you have heard it have been years the girl have to be dead by now."
The Jade Demon frowned when you spoke about calling an Aswadim and some of his Household shifted in unease.

He shook his head, "Vampirism is Gilgul without the ability to let yourself die, from what I hear tell... A beast forcing you to stay alive when the loneliness in your soul tells you to let go and die; it's not a fate I would wish on anyone."

That gave Abigail pause she paled for a moment before she regained control of herself and glared at you.
"There is always a way to die once my vengeance have been completed if the worst should happen Traditionalist."
The tall, pale woman among her group looked rather uneasy over the topic though and she paused with a Prime bolt in her hand as she shot you an scared glance.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 pm

"That makes me wonder how did you numb skulls catch on? Did Larson screw up in some way?"
Abigail asked then she gave you an angry look.
"Martha and Jodelle are my magickal daughters my students I have every right to vengeance and for their sister that your faction kill, that was in combat I might forgive that but for the other two there will be blood, if you have students yourself Traditionalist you will understand my anger."
She grumbled. The Jade Demon glanced in your direction, he was ancient, he had the same eyes as George Steelhavem, very old and very wise, you also notice he had no deformities, nor did most members of his Household have the typical extra organs and mutations you have seen in most senior Nephandi, the old man did not speak though and he soon returned his attention to Abigail.
He nodded, "Her... man Ojan got himself killed by the Union. Unfortunately for him, the Primium rounds that killed him weren't immediately fatal, so he had the time to find one of our Nodes and corrupt it by sacrificing what seems to have been his apprentice in a futile attempt to heal himself. He... was no longer what you would consider conscious when we found him, and I did the only merciful thing and spared him maybe a couple hours' slow, feverish suffering. That started the ball rolling."
He looked sad for a moment, "I've killed so many this week, and there will be more to come when we take down Larson, as well... I'll have a lot of candles to light when I get home."
He smiled wryly, "As for apprentices, yes, I know precisely what you mean. I mean to be taking in Devourer of Fetuses as my own as soon as the paperwork is done... She's a brilliant girl, and I'm her one chance at life, I'm afraid. The least I could do since I, well... since I almost killed her in the first place. And completely killed Gabriel."
He gave the Jade Demon a silent nod; a simple one, like one might afford a respected enemy on neutral ground.

"Larson was supposed to have her agents take care of that Flambeau brat!"
Abigail spat.
"Whatever rumors you have heard it have been years the girl have to be dead by now."
The Jade Demon frowned when you spoke about calling an Aswadim and some of his Household shifted in unease.
He snorted, "You and I both know Lisa Larson is reckless, sloppy and gives the Nephandi a bad name. Why you ever trusted her is something I might never comprehend - I'll give you that much; up until your alliance with her, you seem to have been most cautious and diligent where meticulous planning and precautions were concerned."
He smiled, "Ah, but the girl seemed to be in surprisingly good health last I saw her. Which was, hm, I think it was yesterday, well after that Avatar eater was let loose in a Chantry. Another poorly planned and poorly executed move on Larson's part, it seems."

That gave Abigail pause she paled for a moment before she regained control of herself and glared at you.
"There is always a way to die once my vengeance have been completed if the worst should happen Traditionalist."
The tall, pale woman among her group looked rather uneasy over the topic though and she paused with a Prime bolt in her hand as she shot you an scared glance.
He nodded slowly, "Yes, there is a way to die... but the Beast, it seems, won't let you do it yourself, and it won't let you ask a friend, so the only remaining option is to be defeated by an enemy... and that Beast won't allow you to surrender, so the defeat will likely be... extremely unpleasant and humiliating."
He looked the tall, pale woman straight in the eyes, "Ma'am, I am not the one you should fear right now... I am the one offering the closest thing to mercy you might receive today. Ask your Avatar if it truly wants to fight me. Your viable options are suicide or surrender, I'm afraid... and except for Abigail, we won't... pursue you further if you opt for the former."

((OOC: Manipulation+Intimidate on Morticia over there: 2,2,5,6... Ehh, not much. But worth a shot if she decides not to fling that prime bolt at Colin. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:53 pm

He nodded, "Her... man Ojan got himself killed by the Union. Unfortunately for him, the Primium rounds that killed him weren't immediately fatal, so he had the time to find one of our Nodes and corrupt it by sacrificing what seems to have been his apprentice in a futile attempt to heal himself. He... was no longer what you would consider conscious when we found him, and I did the only merciful thing and spared him maybe a couple hours' slow, feverish suffering. That started the ball rolling."

"Fuck...bloody Technocracy!"
Abigail swore and shook her head.
"Yeah Ojan had a young apprentice, damn so everything was discovered by accident the universe really hate us it seam, then again who can blame it."
She grumbled.
"Ojan is dead that would explain why Larson have been so hissy...hum..."

He looked sad for a moment, "I've killed so many this week, and there will be more to come when we take down Larson, as well... I'll have a lot of candles to light when I get home."

Abigail just shrugged at that. Udella gave you a compassionate look though before she was forced to duck out of the way of one fireball and cast a counterspell against some sort of ice spear sent against one of Morningstar's hedge wizards at the same time.
"I am getting to old for this."
The Quesitor muttered under her breath.

He smiled wryly, "As for apprentices, yes, I know precisely what you mean. I mean to be taking in Devourer of Fetuses as my own as soon as the paperwork is done... She's a brilliant girl, and I'm her one chance at life, I'm afraid. The least I could do since I, well... since I almost killed her in the first place. And completely killed Gabriel."

"You are taking a Fallen child as your apprentice will your damned Traditions really allow you to do such a thing?"
Abigail asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Well yes the girl is talented, I am glad she will be getting a chance as for her teacher, you seam to have cost me allot of good men and women today, you are a most frustrating man indeed. But since you will be taking a student of your own then you might understand my anger, what would you do if one of the other Factions took your apprentice prisoner?"
She said and scowled at you.

He gave the Jade Demon a silent nod; a simple one, like one might afford a respected enemy on neutral ground.

The Jade Demon returned the nod with a slight, measured nod of his own, his attention was on Abigail and her group now though looking for any opportunity to strike.

He snorted, "You and I both know Lisa Larson is reckless, sloppy and gives the Nephandi a bad name. Why you ever trusted her is something I might never comprehend - I'll give you that much; up until your alliance with her, you seem to have been most cautious and diligent where meticulous planning and precautions were concerned."

"Yes getting involved with that bitch might have been a mistake and if she have like you claim harmed Martha and my other widderslaintes she will pay, she will dearly."
Abigail swore.
"I take it she have not taken care of the Flambeau brat then?"

He smiled, "Ah, but the girl seemed to be in surprisingly good health last I saw her. Which was, hm, I think it was yesterday, well after that Avatar eater was let loose in a Chantry. Another poorly planned and poorly executed move on Larson's part, it seems."

"The Avatar Eater was my idea, it is to bad the foul thing did not do it's job...are you telling me the Island Creature when after the Flambeau girl? What was her name Florentine? Have she not been...fuck Larson said she had taken care of that."
She grumbled looking rather dismayed.
"Must I do everything myself."

He nodded slowly, "Yes, there is a way to die... but the Beast, it seems, won't let you do it yourself, and it won't let you ask a friend, so the only remaining option is to be defeated by an enemy... and that Beast won't allow you to surrender, so the defeat will likely be... extremely unpleasant and humiliating."

Abigail just hissed at you and tried to hide that this prospect scared her, scared her allot.

He looked the tall, pale woman straight in the eyes, "Ma'am, I am not the one you should fear right now... I am the one offering the closest thing to mercy you might receive today. Ask your Avatar if it truly wants to fight me. Your viable options are suicide or surrender, I'm afraid... and except for Abigail, we won't... pursue you further if you opt for the former."

The tall Nephanda looked at you she seamed rather pale and scared, she probably wanted to escape through death to be sure her Avatar would make it out of this but she was more scared of Abigail, that Primal bolt in her hand, a dark and twisted bolt of energy shivered and flickered as her attention grew unfocused though.
"I will never surrender..."
She said in a voice unused to speaking anything but the Nephandi language, and two extra eyes growing out of her shoulder near her collar bone turned to focus on you as well.
"Fuck this situation fuck it..."
She muttered then continued swearing in the Dragon's Tongue.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 am

"Fuck...bloody Technocracy!"
Abigail swore and shook her head.
"Yeah Ojan had a young apprentice, damn so everything was discovered by accident the universe really hate us it seam, then again who can blame it."
She grumbled.
"Ojan is dead that would explain why Larson have been so hissy...hum..."
Colin nodded, "Bloody Technocracy, indeed... Still, it was sloppy when a single seemingly accidental intrusion toppled thew whole bloody house of cards. As for the universe hating you... it's much like a sleeping dragon; it doesn't like being poked. And some poke it a little too enthusiastically and pay the price..."

Abigail just shrugged at that. Udella gave you a compassionate look though before she was forced to duck out of the way of one fireball and cast a counterspell against some sort of ice spear sent against one of Morningstar's hedge wizards at the same time.
"I am getting to old for this."
The Quesitor muttered under her breath.
He grinned to Udella, "Didn't you just say you cherished the opportunity to flex your metaphysical muscles a little?"

"You are taking a Fallen child as your apprentice will your damned Traditions really allow you to do such a thing?"
Abigail asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Well yes the girl is talented, I am glad she will be getting a chance as for her teacher, you seam to have cost me allot of good men and women today, you are a most frustrating man indeed. But since you will be taking a student of your own then you might understand my anger, what would you do if one of the other Factions took your apprentice prisoner?"
She said and scowled at you.
He smiled wryly, "It's not like I'll give them much of a choice in the matter. Well, more that she'll not survive a Gilgul attempt anyway. But the thing is, if someone were to capture her, I would move heaven and earth to bring her home... kill to rescue her if necessary. But vengeance afterwards? I don't think so - I remember the dead, but I fight for the living... Still, I'll admit I might leave behind a trail of rubble in the process... but dead people won't learn from their mistakes. Survivors... they can spread the word of how some people are unwise to target."

"Yes getting involved with that bitch might have been a mistake and if she have like you claim harmed Martha and my other widderslaintes she will pay, she will dearly."
Abigail swore.
"I take it she have not taken care of the Flambeau brat then?"
He nodded, "I'll gladly see to taking her down, as well. And no, the Flambeau girl yet lives, though not for Larson's lack of trying. But of course, I wouldn't trust her to plan her own lunch without some impressive blunder..."

"The Avatar Eater was my idea, it is to bad the foul thing did not do it's job...are you telling me the Island Creature when after the Flambeau girl? What was her name Florentine? Have she not been...fuck Larson said she had taken care of that."
She grumbled looking rather dismayed.
"Must I do everything myself."
He frowned, "It was... a clever move, I'll allow that, but no, the creature did not go after the Flambeau girl - she was not what it would consider food, after all. No, that was just me sorting the order of events; I did not see the beast myself, being too busy dealing with an idiot."

The tall Nephanda looked at you she seamed rather pale and scared, she probably wanted to escape through death to be sure her Avatar would make it out of this but she was more scared of Abigail, that Primal bolt in her hand, a dark and twisted bolt of energy shivered and flickered as her attention grew unfocused though.
"I will never surrender..."
She said in a voice unused to speaking anything but the Nephandi language, and two extra eyes growing out of her shoulder near her collar bone turned to focus on you as well.
"Fuck this situation fuck it..."
She muttered then continued swearing in the Dragon's Tongue.
He looked at the bolt as it wavered, and turned his ring toward it, willing the Quintessence in it to flare up and burn away on its own with a sharp snap of his fingers.

((OOC: A simple attempt at, well, usurping the prime bolt to burn itself out harmlessly instead of detonating, as a show of finesse more than brute strength. Arete roll: 5,7,0. Well, let's hope that's enough. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:02 am

Colin nodded, "Bloody Technocracy, indeed... Still, it was sloppy when a single seemingly accidental intrusion toppled thew whole bloody house of cards. As for the universe hating you... it's much like a sleeping dragon; it doesn't like being poked. And some poke it a little too enthusiastically and pay the price..."

"Sloppy indeed, Larson have allot to answer for when next I meet her."
Abigail said darkly then she gave you a wry look.
"Well I can not deny that we poke at reality, I will allow her anger, she will still be brought to non existence though."

He grinned to Udella, "Didn't you just say you cherished the opportunity to flex your metaphysical muscles a little?"

The old Enforcer griped at you.
"Well it is more my physical muscles not liking being flexed as I have to get out of the way of projectiles that is the problem not the metaphysical ones."

He smiled wryly, "It's not like I'll give them much of a choice in the matter. Well, more that she'll not survive a Gilgul attempt anyway.

"Ah I see and if she dies while her soul is pulled out of her body so the Spirit Masters can get to it...well that might not be plesant for them now will it, if suddenly it is freed to wield it's power."
Abigail said and smiled darkly.

But the thing is, if someone were to capture her, I would move heaven and earth to bring her home... kill to rescue her if necessary. But vengeance afterwards? I don't think so - I remember the dead, but I fight for the living... Still, I'll admit I might leave behind a trail of rubble in the process... but dead people won't learn from their mistakes. Survivors... they can spread the word of how some people are unwise to target."

The old Nephanda looked like she was gearing up for some sharp retort, then she sigh and shook her head.
"That is...a good answer I suppose."
She admitted grudgingly.

He nodded, "I'll gladly see to taking her down, as well. And no, the Flambeau girl yet lives, though not for Larson's lack of trying. But of course, I wouldn't trust her to plan her own lunch without some impressive blunder..."

"I would prefer to take her down myself but if something should prevent me from that I will welcome that...how bloody hard can it be to kill one bloody Hermetic though...one Gilgulled Hermetic that really should be about as hard as murdering a kitten, perhaps you are right that Larson can not even plan her own lunch without fucking it up, she have run a Labyrinth successfully for some time though."
The Lady of the Labyrinth sounded rather frustrated.

He frowned, "It was... a clever move, I'll allow that, but no, the creature did not go after the Flambeau girl - she was not what it would consider food, after all. No, that was just me sorting the order of events; I did not see the beast myself, being too busy dealing with an idiot."

"I will assume it did not get the target, that Verbena widderlainte either then, again how hard is it to take out a wounded witch, it seams no one I send to kill or in this case Gilgul anyone are able to finish the job. As for an idiot I assume that was Mr Bergen as he have stopped contacting me...well yes he is a bit of an idiot, I admit that."
Abigail said and sigh.
"I am surrounded by idiots!"

He looked at the bolt as it wavered, and turned his ring toward it, willing the Quintessence in it to flare up and burn away on its own with a sharp snap of his fingers.

The tall Nephanda with the extra eyes where a more powerful mage than you, but she was scared and upset and distracted and she looked surprised as the Prime bolt flared up and then vanished out of existence then she gave you a sour, and slightly scared look, at least she was concerned about what would happen if Abigail lost her barrier, if her allies lost this.

(OOC: Somehow this comes to mind in this situation for Abigail. Razz http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/00/Megatrong2idiot.jpg )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 am

"Perhaps you are right Traditionalist but that would not be an easy thing to admit, to be wrong about all of this would be...far more painful than any torture you could put me through." He muttered. "I am not sure if I could handle that."

"I know," he said to the reply that it was worse than torture, not unkindly but as if he recognized that it was painful to him. "But I think, given the amount of time you've got, you should consider trying."

"Perhaps but if I can not trust the direction of my Avatar what can I go by? I would be like a ship out at sea with no stars or no lighthouses to navigate by, just adrift and lost, I need something to believe in Traditionalist, some path to walk, for if not what good am I?"

"Quite, what /good/ -are- you? Ironic question don't you find? You still can make your own choices. It's harder, but you do still know right from wrong. Soat  least stop walking the path that you know is wrong, don't keep walking on it just because it's there and the only one you can see."

...You felt your will cutting through the link between that blood an it's owner banishing it, making it no longer a proxy for the man it had been drawn from...you could feel this magick straining you to the limit and then, that arcane connection was gone, there was a look of complete horror on Abigail's face and then suddenly one of Hayden's fireballs hit Agnes straight in the chest, the little Nephanda looked compeltely shocked as she was sent into the wall and she did not even scream.

Over fifty mages now had access to the six Nephandi and the whole battle turned into a bloodbath... but ripped the group of Nephandi save Abigail apart, there where a moment of just screams and then the Lady of the Labyrinth was alone.
He raised his gun, taking quick aim at Abigail's gun hand, "Never thought I'd envy a wall for its intestinal fortitude..."
He took the shot at her hand, to more or less literally disarm her.
You shot, and hit but not before Abigail was able to fire off her own bullet, your own projectile hitting her gun hand just before or at the same time as she fired though disrupted her aim a little, the bullet still went through her head, but not cleanly and not it the place she had intended, the Nephanda still hit the floor with a soft grunt, bleeding badly from both her head and her badly wounded hand, but she was not dead, not yet and it might be possible to safe her life with magickal healing.

It was probably the hardest thing that he'd ever tried to pull off so far and he threw everything he had into it, to make it work and it did - he felt a flash of relief followed by schadenfreude at seeing Abigail's distress. No more smirk. Chicago not in immediate danger - or at least not from that vial. The satisfaction was short-lived; by the time he recovered from the spell, she'd brought a gun to bear on herself and Colin shot at her, nearly at the same time and she slumped to the ground. His entire body tensed up, she was going to get away - after all of this, she couldn't just /die/, not now! He checked to see if she still had the gun, was still in fact, in any way capable of thoughtful action, if the rest of her barrier had collapsed as she was wounded. "We need to get her medical attention, she might still be alive..."

// I figure that Colin got his shot off and Abigail went down, to Adley around the same time - so keeping her from acting further and getting her medical attention before she dies is probably primary if possible, now unless something else happens. Anyway, I didn't want to hold things up so I thought a short post was better than none.

ooc2: lol that comic xD Reminds me of Ren and Stimpy, also. It would be funny, if it weren't so dire.

ooc3: nice shot, Warp! 'A simple thank you for your consideration' made me laugh too, unfailingly polite, even to Abigail.

ooc4: took dogger to his vet appointment, which he thinks is basically Disneyland, despite getting a shot and poked at, since he also gets pets from everyone and cookies. And more gardening on the way for tomorrow unless my back is still tweaked from today. I lifted properly and everything...soon there will be cake though and I hear cake fixes most things xD

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicate quote block)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:54 am

"I know," he said to the reply that it was worse than torture, not unkindly but as if he recognized that it was painful to him. "But I think, given the amount of time you've got, you should consider trying."

Flavio sigh.
"Perhaps you are right since both me and my...Avatar is set to die, it would be nice to make my peace with the lioness before...before I loose her, even if going though the process of making that peace will be...uncomfortable."
He muttered softly and gave you a fearful look and sigh.

"Quite, what /good/ -are- you? Ironic question don't you find? You still can make your own choices. It's harder, but you do still know right from wrong. Soat  least stop walking the path that you know is wrong, don't keep walking on it just because it's there and the only one you can see."

"I do not know how Traditionalist, I do not know how to stop walking this path, once the lioness illuminated my path, and the guidance of my Mentor, I was a warrior defending my Chantry, I wanted to leave the world a little more than it was when I entered it and I wanted to die in a final blaze of glory, simple desires...now I...I do not know what I want or what path is there for me, I can protect no one not anymore."
He said sadly and shook his head.

He checked to see if she still had the gun, was still in fact, in any way capable of thoughtful action, if the rest of her barrier had collapsed as she was wounded. "We need to get her medical attention, she might still be alive..."

Abigail's gun lay in a corner broken and bloodied from her broken hand as it had been thorn out of it by Colin's bullet, she lay on the floor, unconscious on the floor, barely breathing with a bullet in her brain, right now she was not a threat to anyone and all her friends where dead, no the Gilledian Abigail was not smirking any longer.

Andy nodded and rushed over to Abigail, the barrier was gone she did not seam to care that she was stepping in the guts of dead Nephandi as she knelt down beside the wounded Lady of the Labyrinth.
"Fuck head wounds are always hard Moonwater, Enrique please assist me."
She said and a short plump woman in white with a sickle in her belt and big blue eyes and a elderly Latino man with very dark skin, kindly black eyes and tinning gray hair moved up, both Verbena, probably members of Andy's Coven. Andy quickly stripped out of her jacked and removed her top showing no sighs of embarrassment at revealing her scarred torso, marked by both fights and ritual cuts. Andy nodded to Enrique and then she and the woman that seamed to by Moonwater as a Craft name started working, both of them muttering words and Moonwater placing crystals around Abigail while Andy carved runes deep into her skin while Enrique cut her back using many of the same symbols that Kristina had instructed you to cut into her own flesh, and that you had seen Beatrice carve into her Mentor's flesh during what would have been her final rote if you had not saved her. The three Verbena was clearly pulling out all the stops to try to keep Abigail alive long enough to face justice. Andy grunted in pain as she worked, sweat rolled down her exposed skin and mixed with her blood even if the Caul chamber was rather cold.

When you look down you see that one of the purplish tentacles of the Caul had wrapped itself around your ankle and had gone noticed as you worked the magick that took Abigail down, the creature was neither pulling or attacking though, it had just placed it's tentacle there.

Udella looked at Colin.
"You better get that thermos ready in case the Verbena healers fail."
She said darkly.

(OOC: Your post works very well and yes those are probably the best actions to take at the moment.)

(OOC 2: Unfailingly polite that actually fit very well. I have been working on a short campaign in Sorcerer's Campaign where the player characters play Heylel's defense. Udella's character came from my ideas for that game. Anyway I asked Phil how I should roleplay Heylel and one of his point was that they where unbeliably courteous in all situations so that fit very well.)

(OOC 3: I hope your dog is ok. Maude my cat is always angry when we take her to the vet, she is not as active as she used to be so we go every other month to have her claws trimmed now as she will not let us do and they get to long and can end up hurting her it and she make her displeasure quite known she is a very vocal cat. Also cake do fix everything. Have fun gardening I so want to plant herbs in pots on my veranda but plants hate me. I even kill my cacti.)

(OOC 4: Me and my mother are going to take a road trip over to Sweden today so I probably will not be able to post again before tonight.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:10 am

Flavio sigh."Perhaps you are right since both me and my...Avatar is set to die, it would be nice to make my peace with the lioness before...before I loose her, even if going though the process of making that peace will be...uncomfortable." He muttered softly and gave you a fearful look and sigh.

"Think how uncomfortable you were trying to make the universe for literally every other being in existence."

"I do not know how Traditionalist, I do not know how to stop walking this path, once the lioness illuminated my path, and the guidance of my Mentor, I was a warrior defending my Chantry, I wanted to leave the world a little more than it was when I entered it and I wanted to die in a final blaze of glory, simple desires...now I...I do not know what I want or what path is there for me, I can protect no one not anymore."

"Untrue; tell us what we want and need to know, help us to stop this. You would be protecting quite a few people. That is a way to stop walking it, if briefly. Stop perpetuating this disaster."

Abigail's gun lay in a corner broken and bloodied from her broken hand as it had been thorn out of it by Colin's bullet, she lay on the floor, unconscious on the floor, barely breathing with a bullet in her brain, right now she was not a threat to anyone and all her friends where dead, no the Gilledian Abigail was not smirking any longer...

Even with three Verbena on hand, he wasn't sure at all if the woman would make it, it looked that bad. "If she comes around, she's going to try to fight, or escape again. She needs to be bound before then--" he said, perhaps mostly talking to himself through things as they appeared in his mind. He had been about to take a step to help the trio when he looked down and saw the tentacle. Wrapped around his ankle. He froze in place, a wave of disgust and dismay rooting him there, staring down at his boot. It was touching him...it was /touching/ him! Something so dangerous to his avatar. The caul was...not pulling him in...thank gods. For all that it could try to if it wanted to, it was more like a toddler pulling on a pant leg for attention at the moment. Just /there/. Until he noticed it. How the hell had he not noticed that happening? He swallowed and fought at the fear and the writhing feeling of loathing inside that made him want to pull away. This was once a girl named Adele...now this vile thing. He took a breath and said in Enochian, "Please, let my ankle go...you know we will not join you willingly and you have gotten my attention. Yes, I know who you were...once, before you were destroyed, malformed into...this...painful state. You were a child once, a girl with a Name of your own, all you were taken cruelly by the same woman who gave birth to you to unmake you into...this. I grieve for that girl...for you, who are also a victim. But it is time to let my leg go - now."

// Adley doesn't like to be touched all that much; he's gotten better with friends, or in situations that call for it but strangers are still a nah but a caul made out of his former unwilling avatar-host's genes are a hard pass, there's a lot of 'nope to the grope' going on. So much nope. Also I figure he's talked out Flavio there, so I think that scene is done-ish, don't want to drag it on.

ooc 2: that's pretty cool that Phil gave you some insight directly on how he pictured Heylel. My dog is fine, just had to get his preventatives against bad critters to keep him well, we have heartworms in the US. Have a good time in Sweden!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:27 am

"Sloppy indeed, Larson have allot to answer for when next I meet her."
Abigail said darkly then she gave you a wry look.
"Well I can not deny that we poke at reality, I will allow her anger, she will still be brought to non existence though."
Colin shrugged, "Perhaps you'll succeed... perhaps we'll succeed and make the world a better place instead. I do note, though, that it seems to me like the world has been unmade several times already - and yet it keeps coming back. So perhaps your side is guilty of as much of an exercise in futility as you think we are..."

The old Enforcer griped at you.
"Well it is more my physical muscles not liking being flexed as I have to get out of the way of projectiles that is the problem not the metaphysical ones."
He nodded sagely, "Yes, well, we might be able to get some ointment for that."

"Ah I see and if she dies while her soul is pulled out of her body so the Spirit Masters can get to it...well that might not be plesant for them now will it, if suddenly it is freed to wield it's power."
Abigail said and smiled darkly.
He nodded, "Pretty much. And I wouldn't want to see her glass dragon roused for something like that."

"I would prefer to take her down myself but if something should prevent me from that I will welcome that...how bloody hard can it be to kill one bloody Hermetic though...one Gilgulled Hermetic that really should be about as hard as murdering a kitten, perhaps you are right that Larson can not even plan her own lunch without fucking it up, she have run a Labyrinth successfully for some time though."
The Lady of the Labyrinth sounded rather frustrated.
He grinned, casting a quick glance at the assorted Magi he knew to be Hermetics in the room, "Hermetics may be a bit more pampered and privileged than Orphans, but they're still surprisingly resilient. Keep in mind, Larson decided to take Diego into her fold; that should have been your first warning she's not the brightest of your number. I can only assume Larson had a lot of help from her Handler. I already know how to remove her from the equation."

"I will assume it did not get the target, that Verbena widderlainte either then, again how hard is it to take out a wounded witch, it seams no one I send to kill or in this case Gilgul anyone are able to finish the job. As for an idiot I assume that was Mr Bergen as he have stopped contacting me...well yes he is a bit of an idiot, I admit that."
Abigail said and sigh.
"I am surrounded by idiots!"
He nodded, "You forget that the wounded witch in question has some very capable and powerful friends. Mr. Bergen is not going to be communicating with anyone for some time. The wards on his apartment were a nasty piece of work - you would have though he might have realized those were there as much to keep him confined as to keep anyone else out..."

The tall Nephanda with the extra eyes where a more powerful mage than you, but she was scared and upset and distracted and she looked surprised as the Prime bolt flared up and then vanished out of existence then she gave you a sour, and slightly scared look, at least she was concerned about what would happen if Abigail lost her barrier, if her allies lost this.
He smiled thinly, "Pardon me, ma'am, but that thing was becoming a little too unstable - wouldn't want you to accidentally hit the wrong person, would we?"

You shot, and hit but not before Abigail was able to fire off her own bullet, your own projectile hitting her gun hand just before or at the same time as she fired though disrupted her aim a little, the bullet still went through her head, but not cleanly and not it the place she had intended, the Nephanda still hit the floor with a soft grunt, bleeding badly from both her head and her badly wounded hand, but she was not dead, not yet and it might be possible to safe her life with magickal healing.
It was probably the hardest thing that he'd ever tried to pull off so far and he threw everything he had into it, to make it work and it did - he felt a flash of relief followed by schadenfreude at seeing Abigail's distress. No more smirk. Chicago not in immediate danger - or at least not from that vial. The satisfaction was short-lived; by the time he recovered from the spell, she'd brought a gun to bear on herself and Colin shot at her, nearly at the same time and she slumped to the ground. His entire body tensed up, she was going to get away - after all of this, she couldn't just /die/, not now! He checked to see if she still had the gun, was still in fact, in any way capable of thoughtful action, if the rest of her barrier had collapsed as she was wounded. "We need to get her medical attention, she might still be alive..."
He nodded and scurried after Adley, "She bloody well better be... MEDIC!"

Udella looked at Colin.
"You better get that thermos ready in case the Verbena healers fail."
She said darkly.
He nodded and, as the healers started working, fished out the thermos, the bottle of serum and a syringe. "If she lives, she gets the suppressant. If she dies... God have mercy on our souls..."
He looked from Abigail and up to the Jade Demon, thinking fast, "Venerable one, I am not allowed to barter with you, or even make deals. Even accepting your offered sacrifice earlier today would have been a risky proposal at best. Abigail, though, we want alive, even if undead is a practical alternative... Do you consider one living Nephandus a fair price for another?"
He glanced at Udella, "That... question can pass legal scrutiny, can't it?"

((OOC: Hm, that unfailing politeness might prove interesting when Colin is asked to testify before the Council... Someone like Porthos might recognize something. Razz ))

((OOC2: Awww, the widdle tentacled genital abomination recognizes daddy and wants pettings. Wink ))

((OOC3: Okay, that actually made my skin crawl a bit after I read what I typed. Shocked ))

((OOC4: Safe trip to Sweden.))

((OOC5: Skirting the Sixth Protocol here, obviously... but it seems a gray enough area to be worth that risk.))

Last edited by Warpmind on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought of something; added that last two lines of dialogue.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 pm

"Think how uncomfortable you were trying to make the universe for literally every other being in existence."

Flavio nodded at that and sigh sadly.
"You are probably right, but I do not know if I can deal with thinking about that."
He muttered softly.

"Untrue; tell us what we want and need to know, help us to stop this. You would be protecting quite a few people. That is a way to stop walking it, if briefly. Stop perpetuating this disaster."

The Nephandus hesitated for a moment then he looked down and sigh.
"Very well, I will...tell you what I know, perhaps cooperation can...well nothing can make up for the things I have done but perhaps it is a start and it would be protecting...others...it would."
He agreed.
"What do you want to know?"

Even with three Verbena on hand, he wasn't sure at all if the woman would make it, it looked that bad. "If she comes around, she's going to try to fight, or escape again. She needs to be bound before then--" he said, perhaps mostly talking to himself through things as they appeared in his mind.

"We are a little busy right now, you can mind her if you are careful she is very fragile if you want her to live."
Moonwater muttered between cuts into er arms.

He had been about to take a step to help the trio when he looked down and saw the tentacle. Wrapped around his ankle. He froze in place, a wave of disgust and dismay rooting him there, staring down at his boot. It was touching him...it was /touching/ him! Something so dangerous to his avatar. The caul was...not pulling him in...thank gods. For all that it could try to if it wanted to, it was more like a toddler pulling on a pant leg for attention at the moment. Just /there/. Until he noticed it. How the hell had he not noticed that happening? He swallowed and fought at the fear and the writhing feeling of loathing inside that made him want to pull away. This was once a girl named Adele...now this vile thing. He took a breath and said in Enochian, "Please, let my ankle go...you know we will not join you willingly and you have gotten my attention. Yes, I know who you were...once, before you were destroyed, malformed into...this...painful state. You were a child once, a girl with a Name of your own, all you were taken cruelly by the same woman who gave birth to you to unmake you into...this. I grieve for that girl...for you, who are also a victim. But it is time to let my leg go - now."

The tentacle let go of your leg and slithered away a few meters you got a feeling from the thing, some sort of non verbal communication, pain grief, endless torment and pleasure, uncontrollable desire, twisted beauty, regret and the image of a small, child's tombstone with little marble doves on top. The thing did not try to touch you again though and the images and sensations soon faded.

Colin shrugged, "Perhaps you'll succeed... perhaps we'll succeed and make the world a better place instead. I do note, though, that it seems to me like the world has been unmade several times already - and yet it keeps coming back. So perhaps your side is guilty of as much of an exercise in futility as you think we are..."

Abigail just scoffed.
"Yes the world have been unmade many times, but sooner or later there will not be a new reality rising from the ashes, everything go towards entropy that is one of the laws of this universe."

He nodded sagely, "Yes, well, we might be able to get some ointment for that."

"I will settle for this Labyrinth destroyed and Abigail in custody and a cup of tea."
Udella muttered and grinned as she unwove another fireball sent towards Adjan this time.

He nodded, "Pretty much. And I wouldn't want to see her glass dragon roused for something like that."

"A glass dragon, interesting, but no meeting a pissed of Avatar outside of the host is not a plesant experience, just ask Miss Carlyle if you have not killed her yet."
Abigail said and nodded.

He grinned, casting a quick glance at the assorted Magi he knew to be Hermetics in the room, "Hermetics may be a bit more pampered and privileged than Orphans, but they're still surprisingly resilient. Keep in mind, Larson decided to take Diego into her fold; that should have been your first warning she's not the brightest of your number. I can only assume Larson had a lot of help from her Handler. I already know how to remove her from the equation."

"Well their Order have survived for some centuries perhaps they have some durability this particular Hermetic though should not be that hard to kill."
Abigail grumbled then she sigh.
"Ah yeah Diego I did get Larson tricked into taking that idiot of my hands, please tell me something horrible have happened to him."
She said before she raised and eyebrow.
"So you know about the nature of Larson's Labyrinth and her Handler, I have to say I hope you fail at that it would be most unfortunate if you harmed her."

He nodded, "You forget that the wounded witch in question has some very capable and powerful friends.

"Ah yes, there is that...how...irritating."

Mr. Bergen is not going to be communicating with anyone for some time. The wards on his apartment were a nasty piece of work - you would have though he might have realized those were there as much to keep him confined as to keep anyone else out..."

Abigail just shrugged.
"I do not really care, the man is no longer of any use to me."

He smiled thinly, "Pardon me, ma'am, but that thing was becoming a little too unstable - wouldn't want you to accidentally hit the wrong person, would we?"

The Nephanda raised an eyebrow at your politeness.
"Ehm...that is...ok I guess..."
She said not really knowing what to say.
"Would you mind if I continue trying to smite your friends now? If that is not to inconvenient."
She asked, the situation and conversation getting rather absurd. Udella glanced at you for a moment and gave you a knowing look.

He nodded and scurried after Adley, "She bloody well better be... MEDIC!"

"We are on our way."
Andy said as she was on her way towards Abigail.

He nodded and, as the healers started working, fished out the thermos, the bottle of serum and a syringe. "If she lives, she gets the suppressant. If she dies... God have mercy on our souls..."

Udella gave you a tired but hard look and nodded.
"Agreed."

He looked from Abigail and up to the Jade Demon, thinking fast, "Venerable one, I am not allowed to barter with you, or even make deals. Even accepting your offered sacrifice earlier today would have been a risky proposal at best. Abigail, though, we want alive, even if undead is a practical alternative... Do you consider one living Nephandus a fair price for another?"
He glanced at Udella, "That... question can pass legal scrutiny, can't it?"

The Jade Demon turned to you and and said.
"You are asking me to heal this Labyrinth's Gilledian in exchange for letting my student go this night?"
He asked in a soft voice that demanded respect.
"If I do this can you guarantee she will not escape to be a problem for me and my household again young Sir?"

Udella frowned.
"I would say it is allowed but it might be frowned upon."
She said as she glanced at the Jade Demon.

(OOC: I will write a post for the OOC questions in the OOC section since it is so many of them so I can get this posted now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Abigail just scoffed.
"Yes the world have been unmade many times, but sooner or later there will not be a new reality rising from the ashes, everything go towards entropy that is one of the laws of this universe."
Colin smiled, "Funny thing, that - the Laws of Thermodynamics state that entropy cannot be reduced in a closed system... I'm not convinced the universe is a closed system."

"I will settle for this Labyrinth destroyed and Abigail in custody and a cup of tea."
Udella muttered and grinned as she unwove another fireball sent towards Adjan this time.
He sighed, "Yes, that could probably be arranged."

"A glass dragon, interesting, but no meeting a pissed of Avatar outside of the host is not a plesant experience, just ask Miss Carlyle if you have not killed her yet."
Abigail said and nodded.
He shrugged, "We've met. Poor thing was rather depressed... so we got rid of the spirit that had been grafted to it. Miss Carlyle is in custody."

"Well their Order have survived for some centuries perhaps they have some durability this particular Hermetic though should not be that hard to kill."
Abigail grumbled then she sigh.
"Ah yeah Diego I did get Larson tricked into taking that idiot of my hands, please tell me something horrible have happened to him."
She said before she raised and eyebrow.
"So you know about the nature of Larson's Labyrinth and her Handler, I have to say I hope you fail at that it would be most unfortunate if you harmed her."
He grimaced, "Nothing truly horrible has happened to Diego... yet. Though he tries to provoke us into something rash with that preposterous opera performance of his - the man has an unfortunate degree of vocal stamina... And yes, I am aware of that little detail of Larson's labyrinth... My knowledge of Handlers is a long story, though... and I... know how to get close and end them."

Abigail just shrugged.
"I do not really care, the man is no longer of any use to me."
He nodded, "I thought not... He may yet live, though - the consequences of his actions were... well, let's just say his performance seems to be lacking."

The Nephanda raised an eyebrow at your politeness.
"Ehm...that is...ok I guess..."
She said not really knowing what to say.
"Would you mind if I continue trying to smite your friends now? If that is not to inconvenient."
She asked, the situation and conversation getting rather absurd. Udella glanced at you for a moment and gave you a knowing look.
He smiled warmly, "I would prefer you didn't, actually. I'm rather fond of them, as I'm sure you can imagine - but of course, war is war, and one must do as one must, but I would rather not lose anyone, if it's all the same to you."

Even with three Verbena on hand, he wasn't sure at all if the woman would make it, it looked that bad. "If she comes around, she's going to try to fight, or escape again. She needs to be bound before then--" he said, perhaps mostly talking to himself through things as they appeared in his mind.
"We are a little busy right now, you can mind her if you are careful she is very fragile if you want her to live."
Moonwater muttered between cuts into er arms.
He glanced at Abigail's hands, "Ring... the spirit hostage, we can't let her... harm it..."

The Jade Demon turned to you and and said.
"You are asking me to heal this Labyrinth's Gilledian in exchange for letting my student go this night?"
He asked in a soft voice that demanded respect.
"If I do this can you guarantee she will not escape to be a problem for me and my household again young Sir?"
He lowered his eyes for a moment, then met the Jade Demon's gaze, "I don't think i can legally ask you for a favour, or offer a deal - but if she lives this day, there's no way in Hell she will be given the first chance to escape before her Avatar is torn apart and she is executed. If she dies... apparently, she does not think vampirism is a certain outcome, and I should rather not gamble on it if it's not guaranteed to work in the first place... There are those of us with old grudges against her, who will see her stand trial and be subsequently sentenced - her escape through death will satisfy no-one... perhaps not even you."

Udella frowned.
"I would say it is allowed but it might be frowned upon."
She said as she glanced at the Jade Demon.
He nodded, "Frowned upon, I can take... frowned upon is better than... plan V."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Colin smiled, "Funny thing, that - the Laws of Thermodynamics state that entropy cannot be reduced in a closed system... I'm not convinced the universe is a closed system."

"I do not hold much stock in science it is the tool of the bloody Technocracy so fuck that."
Abigail said simply.

He sighed, "Yes, that could probably be arranged."

Udella smiled a little.
"Ah that would be lovely."
She said as she ducked under a ice bolt, grunted and started on another rote.

He shrugged, "We've met. Poor thing was rather depressed... so we got rid of the spirit that had been grafted to it. Miss Carlyle is in custody."

Abigail gave you a angry look.
"You have really decided to piss in my cereal have you not, fucking Traditionalists."
What followed was a new list of impossible things the old Nephanda vowed to do to you, most of them involving your ass in one way or another.

He grimaced, "Nothing truly horrible has happened to Diego... yet. Though he tries to provoke us into something rash with that preposterous opera performance of his - the man has an unfortunate degree of vocal stamina...

"It is not just to provoke you, the man sings opera in the Dragon's Tongue...or throw insults around randomly or generally make a nuisance of himself when not captured by our enemies as well...when he is not raping apprentices and pawns that is or generally fucking up missions. You can have him we do not want him back...my poor Caul had to...swallow that man!"
Abigail said and groaned.

And yes, I am aware of that little detail of Larson's labyrinth... My knowledge of Handlers is a long story, though... and I... know how to get close and end them."

"I see, I guess warnings will have to be sent then."
The old Nephanda said and frowned.
"You are a troublesome man."

He nodded, "I thought not... He may yet live, though - the consequences of his actions were... well, let's just say his performance seems to be lacking."

"Sometimes you have to take what you can get, and besides Mr Bergen is a good looking enough man, if gagged he might provide some amusement once his mission was done...though that might create problems with Lisa Larson's trap master."
The Lady of the Labyrinth said and smiled a little.

He smiled warmly, "I would prefer you didn't, actually. I'm rather fond of them, as I'm sure you can imagine - but of course, war is war, and one must do as one must, but I would rather not lose anyone, if it's all the same to you."

The Nephanda sigh.
"Well I do not want to be killed or worse captured and taken to Horizon for what unpleasantness would await my kind there and then I sort of do have to fight, I am terribly sorry so unless you have another good suggestion I will continue doing my job now Sir."
She said and cocked her head to the side and regarded you as she spoke.

He glanced at Abigail's hands, "Ring... the spirit hostage, we can't let her... harm it..."

There where three rings on her hands, two on her good hand and one on the wounded one, there was an elaborate silver ring in the form of a filigree dragon, then there was a green stone set in gold and a large orange agate set in silver.
"Agreed we should take them and figure out which one is the one that holds the spirit child."
Udella said and nodded in agreement.

He lowered his eyes for a moment, then met the Jade Demon's gaze, "I don't think i can legally ask you for a favour, or offer a deal - but if she lives this day, there's no way in Hell she will be given the first chance to escape before her Avatar is torn apart and she is executed. If she dies... apparently, she does not think vampirism is a certain outcome, and I should rather not gamble on it if it's not guaranteed to work in the first place... There are those of us with old grudges against her, who will see her stand trial and be subsequently sentenced - her escape through death will satisfy no-one... perhaps not even you."

The ancient Nephandus nodded after a moment of consideration.
"The curse of the Western vampires is an old one but it's transference is not always a simple matter, if a person die of any cause that do not destroy the body then there is the chance the blood of such a creature will wake them, but your best chance of such a transformation would come from conditions as close to the intended method of cursing someone as possible so she would have to be bled and then vampire blood introduced to her system, much like with Hermetic liches and their potions, that should better your chances considerably."
The Jade Demon said then he nodded again.
"Indeed I would rather see her power and cultivation destroyed so she will not come back to be a problem in the future, however right now your witches are trying to heal the woman, meaning I would have to intercept their spell with one of my own, a quite difficult task though possible, however remember that once someone have been healed that same injury can not be healed again without further injury there is some risk in me interfering at this point. Your best chance is to have your witches keep the Lady alive while you bleed her and then give her the content of your canister there, that is the best chance of not letting her escape though death, but I am willing to interfere if you so wish young Sir."
The Jade Demon said politely.

He nodded, "Frowned upon, I can take... frowned upon is better than... plan V."

Udella frowned and nodded.
"Agreed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:50 pm

"I do not hold much stock in science it is the tool of the bloody Technocracy so fuck that."
Abigail said simply.
Colin shrugged, "For all the Technocracy's faults... science works. If nothing else, it's a reliable framework to plan around, and understanding it helps one to be subtle..."

Abigail gave you a angry look.
"You have really decided to piss in my cereal have you not, fucking Traditionalists."
What followed was a new list of impossible things the old Nephanda vowed to do to you, most of them involving your ass in one way or another.
He grinned wryly, "Well, you rather started it. What goes around..."

"It is not just to provoke you, the man sings opera in the Dragon's Tongue...or throw insults around randomly or generally make a nuisance of himself when not captured by our enemies as well...when he is not raping apprentices and pawns that is or generally fucking up missions. You can have him we do not want him back...my poor Caul had to...swallow that man!"
Abigail said and groaned.
He grimaced, "Yes, your poor Caul... I rather pity it for that. You know, for all of Gabriel's cruelty, I can't quite find him entirely irredeemable, owing to his savagely defending Devourer of Fetuses from Diego. As a mercy, he at least died before he knew what hit him. Diego... is not so fortunate. Heh, I suppose you would have loved to see his expression when I let him know miss Jerkins requested Diego be forced to watch all the other Gilguls before being sentenced as the last in line. Not really a request that can be granted, but at least it shut him up for a little bit..."

"I see, I guess warnings will have to be sent then."
The old Nephanda said and frowned.
"You are a troublesome man."
He smiled thinly, "No need to trouble yourself with that on my account. In fact, I would prefer you didn't - the polyps are unpleasant enough as they are."

"Sometimes you have to take what you can get, and besides Mr Bergen is a good looking enough man, if gagged he might provide some amusement once his mission was done...though that might create problems with Lisa Larson's trap master."
The Lady of the Labyrinth said and smiled a little.
He snorted, "I don't know how much you could get out of someone so unable to... finish the job. Thank you for confirming that the Hagalaz Barabbi is Larson's trap master, by the way."

The Nephanda sigh.
"Well I do not want to be killed or worse captured and taken to Horizon for what unpleasantness would await my kind there and then I sort of do have to fight, I am terribly sorry so unless you have another good suggestion I will continue doing my job now Sir."
She said and cocked her head to the side and regarded you as she spoke.
He nodded, "Of course, you do you, as they say. But I'm afraid the only ones of your Labyrinth to get out alive and free have already departed. Well, when this lull ends, I suppose the fighting won't take long..."

The ancient Nephandus nodded after a moment of consideration.
"The curse of the Western vampires is an old one but it's transference is not always a simple matter, if a person die of any cause that do not destroy the body then there is the chance the blood of such a creature will wake them, but your best chance of such a transformation would come from conditions as close to the intended method of cursing someone as possible so she would have to be bled and then vampire blood introduced to her system, much like with Hermetic liches and their potions, that should better your chances considerably."
The Jade Demon said then he nodded again.
"Indeed I would rather see her power and cultivation destroyed so she will not come back to be a problem in the future, however right now your witches are trying to heal the woman, meaning I would have to intercept their spell with one of my own, a quite difficult task though possible, however remember that once someone have been healed that same injury can not be healed again without further injury there is some risk in me interfering at this point. Your best chance is to have your witches keep the Lady alive while you bleed her and then give her the content of your canister there, that is the best chance of not letting her escape though death, but I am willing to interfere if you so wish young Sir."
The Jade Demon said politely.
He frowned and looked down at the healers working, then gave Andy a light tap on the shoulder, "Do you think you can mend her in time, or will you let... him mend her?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 am

Colin shrugged, "For all the Technocracy's faults... science works. If nothing else, it's a reliable framework to plan around, and understanding it helps one to be subtle..."

"When I was young we did not need such nonsense, at least not the modern kind of science."
Abigail scoffed.

He grinned wryly, "Well, you rather started it. What goes around..."

"Oh shut up you little imp!"
The Lady of the Labyrinth exclaimed and gave you a poisonous look.

He grimaced, "Yes, your poor Caul... I rather pity it for that. You know, for all of Gabriel's cruelty, I can't quite find him entirely irredeemable, owing to his savagely defending Devourer of Fetuses from Diego. As a mercy, he at least died before he knew what hit him. Diego... is not so fortunate.

"Gabriel was a good soldier he did his job and he did it well, and yes he did dote on that apprentice of his, not that I can blame him, I dote on mine."
Abigail said and a sad look fluttered across her hard eyes.
"Good let that little shit Diego suffer."

Heh, I suppose you would have loved to see his expression when I let him know miss Jerkins requested Diego be forced to watch all the other Gilguls before being sentenced as the last in line. Not really a request that can be granted, but at least it shut him up for a little bit..."

Abigail gave a short laugh at that.
"I can imagine and Jodelle would request that...she would at that."
She said fondly.
"I imagine that shut him up for a bit yes a pity it can not be arranged."
She said then she fell silent for a moment when remembering that one of those Gilguls would be Jodelle.

He smiled thinly, "No need to trouble yourself with that on my account. In fact, I would prefer you didn't - the polyps are unpleasant enough as they are."

"Oh but I insist, and those ships are or pride and joy, the source of our dominance in the Umbra so you should show them some respect Traditionalist."
Abigail said and she gave you a level look.

He snorted, "I don't know how much you could get out of someone so unable to... finish the job. Thank you for confirming that the Hagalaz Barabbi is Larson's trap master, by the way."

"You do have a point, Mr Bergen might just be fit to be fed to my walls."
The old Nephanda scoffed then she raised an eyebrow.
"I thought you already knew that, well no matter."
She said but she was clearly anoyed with herself for letting that one slip.

He nodded, "Of course, you do you, as they say. But I'm afraid the only ones of your Labyrinth to get out alive and free have already departed. Well, when this lull ends, I suppose the fighting won't take long..."

The Nephanda took a step backwards your words frightened her despite being protected by a ward.
"No...I guess they will not take long Sir, and no matter how this ends I am not going to let myself be taken alive...ehm...well nice talking to you."
She muttered the situation still rather absurd before she took a better hold of a crystal she was holding and used it like a pencil to draw up another Prime Bolt like if she was drawing something on paper.

He frowned and looked down at the healers working, then gave Andy a light tap on the shoulder, "Do you think you can mend her in time, or will you let... him mend her?"

Andy glanced up her eyes where glazed over, Enrique had been carving deep symbols into her back and her arms where full of runes.
"Moonwater is holding her life patterns, holding her alive while I try to knit them together, but it is like working on an old sweater with rotten yarn, the stitches just keep coming undone and falling away...if...he are able to take over the rote we have begun he is probably more powerful than we are and that might be a good idea but is not able to take over a rote in progress worked with our Paradigm it is probably better for us to keep working and hoping for the best."
The Verbena said softly.
"Now not to be rude but I have to concentrate."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am

"We are a little busy right now, you can mind her if you are careful she is very fragile if you want her to live." Moonwater muttered between cuts into er arms

"Of course..."

The tentacle let go of your leg and slithered away a few meters you got a feeling from the thing, some sort of non verbal communication, pain grief, endless torment and pleasure, uncontrollable desire, twisted beauty, regret and the image of a small, child's tombstone with little marble doves on top. The thing did not try to touch you again though and the images and sensations soon faded.

He let a breath out as the tentacle released him, the sensations washing over him and leaving him feeling horrified and not a little sick. Warily, he went to see how to help with Abigail, but it was clear that the thing touching him, the resultant emotions it evoked, had shaken him.

// it's probably a good thing that Adley's got blinders of a sort on while doing that spell, rather than hear Colin talk about Gabriel to Abigail >.>

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:11 am

"When I was young we did not need such nonsense, at least not the modern kind of science."
Abigail scoffed.
Colin nodded, "No, I suppose not... but the Union has rather gained control of the battlefield of Earth, and so we must be able to adapt to their rules and find the loopholes if we're to keep up the fight. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is."

Abigail gave a short laugh at that.
"I can imagine and Jodelle would request that...she would at that."
She said fondly.
"I imagine that shut him up for a bit yes a pity it can not be arranged."
She said then she fell silent for a moment when remembering that one of those Gilguls would be Jodelle.
He nodded thoughtfully, then caught her expression, "It might not be much consolation, but I've been given a glimpse of the future... Jodelle will go to her end proud, fearless and defiant... she will not be broken before the end comes. You have good reason to be proud of her, at least."

"Oh but I insist, and those ships are or pride and joy, the source of our dominance in the Umbra so you should show them some respect Traditionalist."
Abigail said and she gave you a level look.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, but I do respect them, in the same manner I respect a shark. I do not dispute their power, but I prefer to have them in the Umbral depths where they belong rather than to find myself inside one again. Well, I suppose the latter is inevitable now, but nevertheless..."

"You do have a point, Mr Bergen might just be fit to be fed to my walls."
The old Nephanda scoffed then she raised an eyebrow.
"I thought you already knew that, well no matter."
She said but she was clearly anoyed with herself for letting that one slip.
He nodded, "Third-party confirmation is always good."

The Nephanda took a step backwards your words frightened her despite being protected by a ward.
"No...I guess they will not take long Sir, and no matter how this ends I am not going to let myself be taken alive...ehm...well nice talking to you."
She muttered the situation still rather absurd before she took a better hold of a crystal she was holding and used it like a pencil to draw up another Prime Bolt like if she was drawing something on paper.
He nodded, "Quite so."

Andy glanced up her eyes where glazed over, Enrique had been carving deep symbols into her back and her arms where full of runes.
"Moonwater is holding her life patterns, holding her alive while I try to knit them together, but it is like working on an old sweater with rotten yarn, the stitches just keep coming undone and falling away...if...he are able to take over the rote we have begun he is probably more powerful than we are and that might be a good idea but is not able to take over a rote in progress worked with our Paradigm it is probably better for us to keep working and hoping for the best."
The Verbena said softly.
"Now not to be rude but I have to concentrate."
He nodded to Andy, pondered for an instant, then looked up at the Jade Demon again, "I thank you for your advice, then, and I shall have faith in our own healers - whether they can manage to save her life or just hold her together long enough to... well... let us hope for the former."
He gave a small, simple bow, "Then I bid you good day, and I hope we never meet across a battlefield again - I do not think that would go as well for me."

((OOC: Oh, please, oh, please, keep Abigail alive. Higher brain functions aren't as necessary, so long as her body can endure the rest. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:56 am

"Of course..."

The Verbena nodded and continued their work.

He let a breath out as the tentacle released him, the sensations washing over him and leaving him feeling horrified and not a little sick. Warily, he went to see how to help with Abigail, but it was clear that the thing touching him, the resultant emotions it evoked, had shaken him.

Abigail was crumpled, halfway onto her belly so grabbing her arms and binding them should probably not be to hard. Adjan gave you a concerned look he could see the condition you where in. You also notice the Deaconess Darnell move so that she was between the Caul and it's tentacles and Abigail just in case the thing decided to end it's mistress before the healers could finish their work.

Colin nodded, "No, I suppose not... but the Union has rather gained control of the battlefield of Earth, and so we must be able to adapt to their rules and find the loopholes if we're to keep up the fight. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is."

"Ripping the battlefield apart is preferable to playing the Union's game, I do not care what ground they have won it can all be destroyed."
Abigail spat.

He nodded thoughtfully, then caught her expression, "It might not be much consolation, but I've been given a glimpse of the future... Jodelle will go to her end proud, fearless and defiant... she will not be broken before the end comes. You have good reason to be proud of her, at least."

Abigail gave a slight smile at that and she was silent for a moment.
"It do bring...comfort to know she will not be broken and I know she would never submit, she is a proud warrior and will remain so, until the end."
She whispered and looked at you for a moment.
"Thank you...for telling me."

He smiled thinly, "Oh, but I do respect them, in the same manner I respect a shark. I do not dispute their power, but I prefer to have them in the Umbral depths where they belong rather than to find myself inside one again. Well, I suppose the latter is inevitable now, but nevertheless..."

The old Nephanda seamed to be satisfied with that answer and she nodded.
"Well I supposed you would prefer them to be at a distance and I would not recomend trying to take Larson's Labyrinth that will not be such an easy task."
She muttered.

He nodded, "Third-party confirmation is always good."

Abigail just scoffed at you.

He nodded, "Quite so."

The Nephanda gave you a slight smile before she tossed her Prime Bolt at one of Morningstar's hedge wizards the woman named Betty who screamed as she was hit in the gut, she was still on her feet though but just barely as the Nephanda started to draw up another Prime Bolt.

He nodded to Andy, pondered for an instant, then looked up at the Jade Demon again, "I thank you for your advice, then, and I shall have faith in our own healers - whether they can manage to save her life or just hold her together long enough to... well... let us hope for the former."

The Jade Demon just gave you a slight nod at that.

He gave a small, simple bow, "Then I bid you good day, and I hope we never meet across a battlefield again - I do not think that would go as well for me."

The old Nephandus nodded he made a signal to one of his Hosehold, an elegantly dressed older woman who begun to move her hands in quick hand gestures that looked nothing like the ones the Hermetics used and a black portal was thorn into reality. The Jade Demon gave you a bow.
"I am not yet arrogant enough to assume the outcome of any battle, no man is undefetable even if my cultivation are greater than yours young Sir. I do hope we will not meet again though, if we do and we meet in battle I will do you the honor of killing you in the fight, so you can die with honor with a weapon in your hand, rather than as an defeated prisoner."
He promised, his voice sounded like the groaning of an old house in a storm.
"Ah one thing young Sir if your laws permit you to deliver a message from me if you would grant the request on an old man and do so can you tell the man known as Min James Alistair that while I do not regret taking her into my household I regret the pain taking Bi Ling from him caused him, I know I owe him blood and if he should desire such a vengeance I will meet him on the battlefield wielding no greater magick than he himself use and should he defeat me I will submit to whatever fate he decide for me...I repay my debt young Sir, tell him that, it be a debt of coin or of blood."
The old man said before he usured his Household through the portal, the man who had come to Morningstar stopped to give an elegant bow to you all before he went through, and then the Jade Demon himself left and closed the portal behind him. Just about every Traditionalist in the room drew a breath of relief when the ancient Nephandus and his group had gone, everyone knew just how powerful the old man was.

Suddenly Andy collapsed on the floor she was blooding badly from her back and arms and was very pale, the two other Verbena rushed to her.
"The prisoner will live...I do not know if or when she will regain consciousness and how much she will remember when she do but she will live."
Moonwater said as she sat down by her Covenmate to tend to her wounds seaming quite concerned.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 am

"Ripping the battlefield apart is preferable to playing the Union's game, I do not care what ground they have won it can all be destroyed."
Abigail spat.
Colin smiled thinly, "Ah, but there we're back to our underlying philosophical difference - I want to make a better world by fixing that which is broken, rather than throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater."

Abigail gave a slight smile at that and she was silent for a moment.
"It do bring...comfort to know she will not be broken and I know she would never submit, she is a proud warrior and will remain so, until the end."
She whispered and looked at you for a moment.
"Thank you...for telling me."
He nodded, "You are welcome. She... would not want you to worry about that, I think. She's a bit too proud for that."

The old Nephanda seamed to be satisfied with that answer and she nodded.
"Well I supposed you would prefer them to be at a distance and I would not recomend trying to take Larson's Labyrinth that will not be such an easy task."
She muttered.
He shrugged, "Getting in will be the tricky part, I suppose. After that... as soon as I find Larson's Tass stockpiles and Nodes, I will have all the power I need to tear everything apart, if need be. Speaking of which, that Oblivion portal in your main Node was a clever idea. Lucky for us, Cotta didn't think it was a good idea. Also, I set the Node to burn itself out - I hope you don't have anything crucial needing to draw power from it."

Abigail just scoffed at you.
He smiled thinly, "Now, now, it's better than trying to find out through torture."

The old Nephandus nodded he made a signal to one of his Hosehold, an elegantly dressed older woman who begun to move her hands in quick hand gestures that looked nothing like the ones the Hermetics used and a black portal was thorn into reality. The Jade Demon gave you a bow.
"I am not yet arrogant enough to assume the outcome of any battle, no man is undefetable even if my cultivation are greater than yours young Sir. I do hope we will not meet again though, if we do and we meet in battle I will do you the honor of killing you in the fight, so you can die with honor with a weapon in your hand, rather than as an defeated prisoner."
He promised, his voice sounded like the groaning of an old house in a storm.
"Ah one thing young Sir if your laws permit you to deliver a message from me if you would grant the request on an old man and do so can you tell the man known as Min James Alistair that while I do not regret taking her into my household I regret the pain taking Bi Ling from him caused him, I know I owe him blood and if he should desire such a vengeance I will meet him on the battlefield wielding no greater magick than he himself use and should he defeat me I will submit to whatever fate he decide for me...I repay my debt young Sir, tell him that, it be a debt of coin or of blood."
The old man said before he usured his Household through the portal, the man who had come to Morningstar stopped to give an elegant bow to you all before he went through, and then the Jade Demon himself left and closed the portal behind him. Just about every Traditionalist in the room drew a breath of relief when the ancient Nephandus and his group had gone, everyone knew just how powerful the old man was.
He smiled thinly, "I would far prefer to walk away from such an encounter, alive and free... but I thank you for your consideration all the same."
He pondered for a moment, then grinned, "I do not know for certain if delivering such a message is quite legal. I shall have to ask Master Min's legal advice in the matter."
As the portal closed, he let his shoulders sag a little, "If I never meet anyone from his household again, that might be too soon..."
He frowned, "Wait, 'western vampires'? There are other wholly different kinds?"

Suddenly Andy collapsed on the floor she was blooding badly from her back and arms and was very pale, the two other Nephandi rushed to her.
"The prisoner will live...I do not know if or when she will regain consciousness and how much she will remember when she do but she will live."
Moonwater said as she sat down by her Covenmate to tend to her wounds seaming quite concerned.
He quickly knelt down beside Abigail and administered a dose of the serum, giving Andy a grateful smile, "Her staying alive is the important thing... Perhaps it's a small mercy if nothing else if she never wakes up before... the end."

((OOC: The two other Nephandi rushed to Andy's aid? Typo much? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:45 am

Colin was conversing with the others, some of the men from what he presumed to be the Jade Demon's labyrinth. He almost missed Adjan's look as he stepped by, not for lack of caring so much as trying to focus on the present again and what needed to happen, giving him a flat sort of stare back. Then he saw Darnell moving in front of the caul to protect them and it prompted him back towards action. He could not afford to stop, or get stuck, but he was now even more wary of the caul than he had been. Seeing Abigail as she was, near-death with three people trying to heal her reminded him to be careful as he bound and searched her. He found that he did not want to so much as touch her, but he he knelt down anyway, out of the way of the Verbena as much as he could, to tie her up with out putting her closer to death. He used some of the rope Andy gave him if there was any left, or shoelaces, something similar that was not from any of their party or covered in blood. He also looked for the ring that held bound the spirit-children of the spirit of the dump, so that Colin could fulfill his promise. As well as anything else that might have to be removed before she was taken in, that he could see to check for magick that he could access in her current state. All the things he would do with a dangerous prisoner who was to be taken into custody, he focused on doing each of them properly, having not said a word since the caul had touched him. Then he looked over at Colin as he gave her a shot of the serum and realised that Andy and the others had finished her healing work - she looked in agony and in a bad way herself now for all her trouble.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:51 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Ah, but there we're back to our underlying philosophical difference - I want to make a better world by fixing that which is broken, rather than throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater."

"I guess we are back to our basic difference indeed."
Abigail scoffed.

He nodded, "You are welcome. She... would not want you to worry about that, I think. She's a bit too proud for that."

"Yes I suspect she would be for proud for that."
She said and nodded sadly.
"She have always been proud."

He shrugged, "Getting in will be the tricky part, I suppose. After that... as soon as I find Larson's Tass stockpiles and Nodes, I will have all the power I need to tear everything apart, if need be.

"You think quite highly of yourself now don't you Traditionalist...I think you might find that old ship to be a bit more of a challenge..."

Speaking of which, that Oblivion portal in your main Node was a clever idea. Lucky for us, Cotta didn't think it was a good idea. Also, I set the Node to burn itself out - I hope you don't have anything crucial needing to draw power from it."

"Yes well That Dread Thing That Crawled Out Of It's Mother's Dead Cunt was always more fond of the Labyrinth itself than she should...I assume she is dead as well then seeing how the walls are upset."
Abigail said angrily.
"As for the Node...that you and your friends here will get to pay for dearly."

He smiled thinly, "Now, now, it's better than trying to find out through torture."

"Oh you think you could break me?"
The Mistress of the Labyrinth asked and raised an eyebrow.

He smiled thinly, "I would far prefer to walk away from such an encounter, alive and free... but I thank you for your consideration all the same."

The Jade Demon nodded.
"Well if we where to meet as foes that would not be likely to happen unless you figured out a way to kill me young Sir."

He pondered for a moment, then grinned, "I do not know for certain if delivering such a message is quite legal. I shall have to ask Master Min's legal advice in the matter."

That made the old Nephandus grin a little, he said nothing though.

As the portal closed, he let his shoulders sag a little, "If I never meet anyone from his household again, that might be too soon..."
He frowned, "Wait, 'western vampires'? There are other wholly different kinds?"

Bess who stood a ways behind you and to the right nodded.
"There are some beings that can be called vampires, they drink blood and are undead but they are nothing like...our Custos."
She said.
"They can channel raw Quintessence like we can, use Nodes and can be quite lifelike."
The Virtual Adept added. Crexia raised an eyebrow at that information.
"Well now that is a topic for debate at some later time..."
She commented.

He quickly knelt down beside Abigail and administered a dose of the serum, giving Andy a grateful smile, "Her staying alive is the important thing... Perhaps it's a small mercy if nothing else if she never wakes up before... the end."

Abigail was pale and still, her head had been knitted back together though but she was deeply unconscious or in a coma. Andy was in a pretty bad condition herself she nodded to you but she was not able to do more she just lay on the ground struggling for breath completely worn out as the other Verbena tended to her.

Colin was conversing with the others, some of the men from what he presumed to be the Jade Demon's labyrinth. He almost missed Adjan's look as he stepped by, not for lack of caring so much as trying to focus on the present again and what needed to happen, giving him a flat sort of stare back.

You reaction did not make the Euthanathos look any less concerned but he left you alone for now to deal with things in your own time, but it was clear that your friend was worried very worried.

Then he saw Darnell moving in front of the caul to protect them and it prompted him back towards action. He could not afford to stop, or get stuck, but he was now even more wary of the caul than he had been. Seeing Abigail as she was, near-death with three people trying to heal her reminded him to be careful as he bound and searched her. He found that he did not want to so much as touch her, but he he knelt down anyway, out of the way of the Verbena as much as he could, to tie her up with out putting her closer to death. He used some of the rope Andy gave him if there was any left, or shoelaces, something similar that was not from any of their party or covered in blood.

There where more left of the rope from Andy's bracelet the things contained quite allot of it. Touching Avigail though was hard, memories from Dylan, memories of pain and being touched by those hands in ways that was very far from welcome came to the surface and you could feel your Avatar's anger flaring up, you got the Lady of the Labyrinth restrained though.

He also looked for the ring that held bound the spirit-children of the spirit of the dump, so that Colin could fulfill his promise. As well as anything else that might have to be removed before she was taken in, that he could see to check for magick that he could access in her current state.

Abigail had on her room keys, a wand, several small vials of various substances, a mirror, a lipstick, a phone. She was wearing gold earrings, a gold pendant with an agate stone in it, and three rings on her fingers, it was a intricate silver one you could feel contained the bound spirit child. You also feel personal protections on her and several active spells though what they where was harder to know.

All the things he would do with a dangerous prisoner who was to be taken into custody, he focused on doing each of them properly, having not said a word since the caul had touched him. Then he looked over at Colin as he gave her a shot of the serum and realised that Andy and the others had finished her healing work - she looked in agony and in a bad way herself now for all her trouble.

You got Abigail secured, her active protections and rotes might have to be dispelled though. You saw that the two other Verbena was working on healing Andy's cuts but the blood witch seamed to be completely exhausted and she just lay there still and shivering as the other worked on her.

(OOC: Ooops well a mage is a mage. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:01 pm

"You think quite highly of yourself now don't you Traditionalist...I think you might find that old ship to be a bit more of a challenge..."
Colin smiled darkly, "I have no doubt the old ship is sturdy... but I have a few ideas. I may not have much power on my own, but I have figured out how to safely employ your particular flavour of Quintessence without putting myself at risk... It would be unfortunate to tear such a normally docile creature apart, of course, but I do believe I could do it."

"Yes well That Dread Thing That Crawled Out Of It's Mother's Dead Cunt was always more fond of the Labyrinth itself than she should...I assume she is dead as well then seeing how the walls are upset."
Abigail said angrily.
"As for the Node...that you and your friends here will get to pay for dearly."
Colin shook his head slowly, "Much as she loved the Labyrinth, she loved Warden more... Regrettably, Warden's Avatar will be reborn alone, and for that, I truly am sorry. There's little enough love in the world as it is... And don't blame the others for the Node, that was all my doing."

"Oh you think you could break me?"
The Mistress of the Labyrinth asked and raised an eyebrow.
He shook his head, "No, I don't - but more importantly, I don't trust information gained through torture. I might interrogate you, but I would not apply torture."
He smiled thinly and held up Jodelle's dagger, "Jodelle was quite talkative after I bought her dinner, you know - I don't think she expected to be treated with kindness and respect... She even offered me a small gift for the raid."

The Jade Demon nodded.
"Well if we where to meet as foes that would not be likely to happen unless you figured out a way to kill me young Sir."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I've figured out at least one way that should work already - I just don't think I'm quite able to execute it."

Bess who stood a ways behind you and to the right nodded.
"There are some beings that can be called vampires, they drink blood and are undead but they are nothing like...our Custos."
She said.
"They can channel raw Quintessence like we can, use Nodes and can be quite lifelike."
The Virtual Adept added. Crexia raised an eyebrow at that information.
"Well now that is a topic for debate at some later time..."
She commented.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Much, much later..."

Abigail was pale and still, her head had been knitted back together though but she was deeply unconscious or in a coma. Andy was in a pretty bad condition herself she nodded to you but she was not able to do more she just lay on the ground struggling for breath completely worn out as the other Verbena tended to her.
He gave Andy a pat on the shoulder, "Good work... thank you. I'm going to step away now - you don't want this near you."
He quickly picked up the thermos and took a few steps away from everyone else, setting it on the floor and opening it with a few quick gestures before taking a step back and pointing at it with his ring, "Gladius ex Sangromagia!"

((OOC: So, Arete roll to burn out the vampire blood: 6,9,0. Yep, I think that thermos is toast. too. Razz So, how messed up does THAT shard look?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Colin smiled darkly, "I have no doubt the old ship is sturdy... but I have a few ideas. I may not have much power on my own, but I have figured out how to safely employ your particular flavour of Quintessence without putting myself at risk... It would be unfortunate to tear such a normally docile creature apart, of course, but I do believe I could do it."

"Even if you have figured out such a method, which is impressive in itself Traditionalist that do not mean you can get through the ship's defenses."
Abigail said and shrugged.
"Your bravado do not concern me much."

Colin shook his head slowly, "Much as she loved the Labyrinth, she loved Warden more... Regrettably, Warden's Avatar will be reborn alone, and for that, I truly am sorry. There's little enough love in the world as it is... And don't blame the others for the Node, that was all my doing."

"I see, your group Gilgulled the woman that is a shame, and you are right she loved Warden, and it is sad in a way that Warden will be reborn alone."
Abigail said and frowned then she fixed you with a hard look.
"That is double reason to torture your companions Traditionalist, hurting your friends for your actions will cause you allot more pain than if I just hurt you."
She said and gave you a cruel smile.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, I've figured out at least one way that should work already - I just don't think I'm quite able to execute it."

"Well then you better hope that if we meet again as foes young Sir that it is far enough down the river of time that you have time to actualize your ideas then."
The Jade Demon said before he walked into the portal.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Much, much later..."

Crexia smiled a little and nodded. Bess looked at you.
"It is not like I know allot, but in Asia supernaturals tend to be more connected to one another than we are here, instead we form one extended society in most of the Asian nations so I have met a few of their kind."

He gave Andy a pat on the shoulder, "Good work... thank you. I'm going to step away now - you don't want this near you."

Andy gave you a tired nod, she eyed the thermos wearily.
"No...I do not...want it...near me..."
She managed weakly.

He quickly picked up the thermos and took a few steps away from everyone else, setting it on the floor and opening it with a few quick gestures before taking a step back and pointing at it with his ring, "Gladius ex Sangromagia!"

A violent flash of Primal flames burst to life as Isabella's blood and the thermos burned, well not so much burned as became nothing, the flame was red, angry with thick black smoke and as it burned there was a feeling of pain, regret and death in the air. Several of the mages turned away in disgust. You saw Chief Joakim stand there and look at the burning thermos in shock then he turned over and got sick, shivering. Crexia quickly moved so she could cover Joakim a bit from the eyes of the others he was a proud man and would not like to be seen in a moment of weakness.

(OOC: Bye bye thermos.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next