Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

5 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 Empty The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:16 pm

(OOC: Oh my we are at the 50th in character thread. flower flower flower

Serge is checking wards with Helena, Adley, Nicole and Colin are with their strike teams ready to enter a Labyrinth. Have fun gaming all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:38 pm

[villa 2]

He waited as the last minute adjustments and decisions were finalized, noting who was shuffled around where and why and then fought at his antsyness.

// nice, thread number 50
// people are/were scared but trust me, some were also mean and selfish as hell, and probably were before the fear made it worse lol. They didn't implement limits on stuff early enough at some stores, so by the time they did it was empty shelves anyway. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50 Empty Re: The Nameless Spirit, Storming a Labyrinth and Two Tree Women IC Thread 50

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:27 pm

[villa 2]

Crexia took point then she headed towards the now open portal into the Labyrinth, she took a step over the treshold as if she was walking into a throne room and she was the queen. Tilly and Vanja followed her a bit more nervously then Coawa reached out a hand towards Anna before he to stepped through. Jeffry waited for Nicole to step through as well before he lead his team into the Labyrinth, the other teams following one by one.

(OOC 1: I think we need this here for one of the first posts on this thread:

5 - Amadeus's team (rear guard):
-Amadeus: healing, offensive support
-Adley: offenses and defenses
-Anna: counterspelling (She will be on Crexia's team in the start.)
-Grey, Hollower: stealth, ghosts
-Ryan: support with time magicks and correspondence (may also help Anna get a view of the battle)
-Tilly: communications, magick support (if he's not on Colin's team)

1 -Crexia's team (point):
-Crexia: offenses (magickal)
-Nicole: offenses (tactical and firepower)
-Vanja the Cultist of Mercury, Vanessa the Flambeau, and the Bonisagus: ritual magick
-Coawa: spirits and physical offenses
-Tilly: communications, magick support (if he's not on Adley's team)

3- Mara's team (support/flank):
-Mara: offenses, defenses, trickery
-Antonio for spirit stuff and distractions/illusions
- Marian for luck and dead things
-Catalina Holdenbridge, Celestial Chorus for prime
-Helga: offenses

2 -Jeffrey's team (flank):
-Bruce,: offensive firepower, other general assistance
-Henrietta: bear power
-Carlo the Cultist
-Fran - spirits and undead

4 -Colin's team: (general support, mobile counter strikers)
Darrian: potions, general support
Colin: offenses, tactical
Gaby: spirits and being a cat
Axel, weapons and a backup medic
Amber Rose Livingston: healing

6- Coordinating/door guard team:
-Davenport
-Mr Ameli and his goblin
- Jon

(OOC 2: Yeah I gyess some pepole just suck or have the me, me, me and only me bug. Yeah hopefully things will be calmer this time. I only plan on getting two extra of the ntoe books I prefer to use for my Book of Mirrors, I hate not having the note book I prefer to use, other than that and a few extra boxes of the food Vervain prefers we are good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:00 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:The imaginary spider chittered happily at you as you spoke to him, Helena stopped half way up from the second to the third floor.
"Ehm who is Rodrigo Mr Yager I know of no one by that name at Steelhaven?"
The older mage looked rather confused.

"He's my imaginary spider friend. I created him as an illusion to scare some of the Fallen when they attacked us a while back. Deaconess O'Connor then did something that made him a lot more permanent." Serge explained, "Dunno if he's a spirit or not. But he's on my shoulder if you want to try and see him."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:37 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

"I will assume then that immaginary means a bit more to you here than when I am dying for a coffee at the end of my shift back at Chantry Talana and can just imagine it right there in my hand."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow.
"It is more like the servant of that damned black eyes vampire that Mr Wainwright dragged in here?"
She continued then she nodded.
"Ah yes Deaconess O'Conner will do...strange things, she is part fay she will pull things from dreams and make them real, I believe he might be like a spirit but made of mental energies if you like rather than Ephemera, still a creature not fully decended into the Kingdom..."
She said then she made several hand gestures and looked at Serge's shoulder.
"I see something kid, but I have to admit that my ability with Mentem is limited at best I mostly know a little of it so that I can protect myself."
The Hermetic said then she started walking again.
"You believe that girl you saw earlier might be something similar then? Created by our friend the horror movie tree out there?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:36 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"It sounds like you have had far to much to do with Old Man Wrinkle."
Tilly muttered.
"But I will keep it in mind, peach blossom tea, if ever I piss that spirit off."
Colin shrugged, "Far too much... not yet. But I do try to avoid causing needless damage to causality; and he has visited to warn me of others' harmful tampering, as often as to chastise me about my own indiscretions, so so far, it's not been too worrisome."

Anja wrote:"You Awakened when you was shot down? Damn...well that is both impressive and deeply disburbing all at once. I am glad you and the other guys survived though."
The Etherite replied but his eyes wined a bit.
"Only the third most painful...good lord what have you been though man!"
He exclaimed.
"I am impressed you are still able to stand."
He grimaced, "There were a few hairy incidents two months back, in Chicago and here in Boston. Take my word for it, jumping in a Caul is not good for anyone's health, physical or mental... Desperate situations and all that, and I had good reason to expect the results I managed to get... Let's just say I have someone who's pretty good at keeping me alive and giving me the necessary lip if she thinks I'm being too reckless..."

Anja wrote:Crexia took point then she headed towards the now open portal into the Labyrinth, she took a step over the treshold as if she was walking into a throne room and she was the queen. Tilly and Vanja followed her a bit more nervously then Coawa reached out a hand towards Anna before he to stepped through. Jeffry waited for Nicole to step through as well before he lead his team into the Labyrinth, the other teams following one by one.
He gave the maps a last glance, then nodded to himself and showed the team, "Alright, once the perimeter wards are down, and we can move in relatively safely, we'll start clearing and barricading these single-door rooms, to prevent unexpected ambushes. Nothing fancy, just drag some furniture to block the doorways as far as possible. Most likely, these are broom cupboards or small storerooms or the like, rather than personal bedrooms, but no taking any chances... Any questions before we trail in?"

((OOC: Woo, XP! Colin spent six XP on buying another point of Willpower. Might come in handy. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:26 pm

[Villa 2]

Colin shrugged, "Far too much... not yet. But I do try to avoid causing needless damage to causality; and he has visited to warn me of others' harmful tampering, as often as to chastise me about my own indiscretions, so so far, it's not been too worrisome."

"It would seam you have made a very disturbing ally Mr Wainwright or at least aquientance."
Tilly said with a bit of a look on his face.
"There have to be safer ways to keep tohers from harm"

He grimaced, "There were a few hairy incidents two months back, in Chicago and here in Boston. Take my word for it, jumping in a Caul is not good for anyone's health, physical or mental... Desperate situations and all that, and I had good reason to expect the results I managed to get... Let's just say I have someone who's pretty good at keeping me alive and giving me the necessary lip if she thinks I'm being too reckless..."

"Yes I did hear that you where the crazy Orphan who humped in a Caul, hopefully that will not be neccesary to do again, but how on earth did you manage to do so and not get corrupted?"
The Etherite asked.
"Well sounds like you have been through the wringer, hopefully nothing as serious will happen this time."
He added sounding a bit uneasy.

He gave the maps a last glance, then nodded to himself and showed the team, "Alright, once the perimeter wards are down, and we can move in relatively safely, we'll start clearing and barricading these single-door rooms, to prevent unexpected ambushes. Nothing fancy, just drag some furniture to block the doorways as far as possible. Most likely, these are broom cupboards or small storerooms or the like, rather than personal bedrooms, but no taking any chances... Any questions before we trail in?"

"I have one question."
Axel said.
"How reliable are the maps, we where just told the Labyrinth at times changes it's configuration, are these maps current?"
The Etherite asked. No one else seamed to have any questions though.
"We should be about ready to head in then as soon as we hear back from the point teams."
Amber Rose said.
"Any paricular formation you want us to move in Mr Wainwright?"
The Verbena added.

(OOC: That works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:27 am

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"It would seam you have made a very disturbing ally Mr Wainwright or at least aquientance."
Tilly said with a bit of a look on his face.
"There have to be safer ways to keep tohers from harm"
Colin chuckled, "I don't expect to have him over for tea on a regular basis - though as Paradox Spirits go, I'd rather negotiate with one that can unmake me in an instant, but is willing to hear pleas, than a less powerful one who will pursue me like the bloody Masque of the Red Death. He'll give you a chance to make things right first, and that... is probably a far better deterrent against recklessness than many other possible interventions. The best thing to do, of course, is to be very, very careful, and make sure you don't leave loose ends and unresolved loops in your work."

Anja wrote:"Yes I did hear that you where the crazy Orphan who humped in a Caul, hopefully that will not be neccesary to do again, but how on earth did you manage to do so and not get corrupted?"
The Etherite asked.
"Well sounds like you have been through the wringer, hopefully nothing as serious will happen this time."
He added sounding a bit uneasy.
He smiled thinly, lowering his voice, "She's a shard cluster... I didn't come out completely unscathed; still got a touch of Jhor that's a right bitch to get rid of, but my Avatar is essentially untouchable. And she's growing stronger... And yes, let us hope nothing near as serious happens this time."

Anja wrote:"I have one question."
Axel said.
"How reliable are the maps, we where just told the Labyrinth at times changes it's configuration, are these maps current?"
The Etherite asked. No one else seamed to have any questions though.
"We should be about ready to head in then as soon as we hear back from the point teams."
Amber Rose said.
"Any paricular formation you want us to move in Mr Wainwright?"
The Verbena added.
He scratched his head, "The maps are current... as current as they can be, considering my daughter will be drawing them up after the battle, so I can copy them in the future... It's a bit loopy and non-linear, but it's consistently reliable. A greater concern is that the walls might bite, and that's not marked on the maps. As for formation - slightly dispersed, try to have as much cover as possible from doorways and the like, and of course, while the top priority is to cleanse this place, we'll want to avoid casualties on our side. No rushing blindly into rooms."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:"I will assume then that immaginary means a bit more to you here than when I am dying for a coffee at the end of my shift back at Chantry Talana and can just imagine it right there in my hand."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Nah, he's made of the same stuff as desperate coffee imagination." Serge said with a chuckle. "The desire for something and the minds ability to accurately visualize something to satiate it. Imagination is something we all possess, even if we use it in different ways."

Anja wrote:"It is more like the servant of that damned black eyes vampire that Mr Wainwright dragged in here?"
She continued then she nodded.

"I don't know about that. Everyone could see him, magickal vision or no. Only you can see your desperation coffee and I my imaginary friends." he mused.

Anja wrote:"Ah yes Deaconess O'Conner will do...strange things, she is part fay she will pull things from dreams and make them real, I believe he might be like a spirit but made of mental energies if you like rather than Ephemera, still a creature not fully decended into the Kingdom..."
She said then she made several hand gestures and looked at Serge's shoulder.
"I see something kid, but I have to admit that my ability with Mentem is limited at best I mostly know a little of it so that I can protect myself."
The Hermetic said then she started walking again.
"You believe that girl you saw earlier might be something similar then? Created by our friend the horror movie tree out there?"

"That was my initial thought. Though I doubt it now. They seem a lot more like separate entities. Unless the banshee called up her old imaginary friend for some reason." he said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:42 am

[Villa, 2.00]

Nicole looked around the room, to see if the others were ready to move out...

[Placeholding post...]

[No worries. While the PM is important, it is no way urgent.]

[Didn't that goblin appear as a little "Grey" alien to Nick?]

[Yes, there's always a few shits. But I hold they *are* just a few; that it only takes say fifteen people deciding to buy 100 rolls of paper each to seriously dent the stocks. The average UK supermarket has around 3,500 visitors daily, so the 'shit' cohort would be only ~0.4% of the entire customer base that day. The other 'shits' may in fact be non-shits, for reasons explained above. But the shits are visible, they're loud and have no shame.]

[The thing I found annoying was buying small items became a bitch. Before, you pay £3 for item from a shop. But shop was closed; it became a choice of joining a website to buy the damn thing and have your details stuck on there forever or do Amazon and give Bezos more money. That's why Bezos is laughing every damn day; stupid online stores won't allow you to buy shit off them without registering.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:39 am

[Villa, 2.00]

Colin chuckled, "I don't expect to have him over for tea on a regular basis - though as Paradox Spirits go, I'd rather negotiate with one that can unmake me in an instant, but is willing to hear pleas, than a less powerful one who will pursue me like the bloody Masque of the Red Death. He'll give you a chance to make things right first, and that... is probably a far better deterrent against recklessness than many other possible interventions. The best thing to do, of course, is to be very, very careful, and make sure you don't leave loose ends and unresolved loops in your work."

"That is true enough Mr Wainwrigh, I had a Paradox spirit make me sick, thank the heavens I am up to date on my vaccines for if not it might have killed me, and one of my Cabalmates was hunted by Rune Feather but the Masters of my Chantry managed to banish her before she did any damage. Perhaps talking with a Paradox spirit that are willing to talk."
Tilly said with a sigh.
"But Paradox Spirits are best avoided I would not want to have tea with one if I can avoid it."

He smiled thinly, lowering his voice, "She's a shard cluster... I didn't come out completely unscathed; still got a touch of Jhor that's a right bitch to get rid of, but my Avatar is essentially untouchable. And she's growing stronger... And yes, let us hope nothing near as serious happens this time."

"A shard cluster? Oh my I have heard of them, there is this sleeper deck girl at a Ethership I ehard of, she was working on the outside of the sheep when a bunch of Avatar Shards stuck her, she is a mage now but not a very powerful one...well that is amazing so...you splint combed the Caul?"
Axel asked his eyes wide. Mia was quite pleased with the Etherite's amazement.
"So yours must be rather funcional then if you develop magically."
Your old friend asked.

He scratched his head, "The maps are current... as current as they can be, considering my daughter will be drawing them up after the battle, so I can copy them in the future... It's a bit loopy and non-linear, but it's consistently reliable. A greater concern is that the walls might bite, and that's not marked on the maps. As for formation - slightly dispersed, try to have as much cover as possible from doorways and the like, and of course, while the top priority is to cleanse this place, we'll want to avoid casualties on our side. No rushing blindly into rooms."

The others nodded at that.
"Well I guess that for now we can trust the maps then."
Axel said.
"We should also try to shield Amber Rose as she is the one who can keep up all going if we get hurt."

Nicole looked around the room, to see if the others were ready to move out...

Everyone seamed to be ready to move out yes and your team was beginning to head into the portal.

[Steelhaven 2]

"Nah, he's made of the same stuff as desperate coffee imagination." Serge said with a chuckle. "The desire for something and the minds ability to accurately visualize something to satiate it. Imagination is something we all possess, even if we use it in different ways."

"Hum...so it is a little like when I can taste Sally's coffee when I am just about to fall asleep on my feet immagining it so clearly?"
Helena asked.
"But I do not get a cup in my hand when immagining it."
She complained and yet Serge sort of saw a syrofoam cup in the older mage's hand with a red logo on it which said Sally's in bright, bold letters with the picture of a coffee cup in a heart under the letters.

"I don't know about that. Everyone could see him, magickal vision or no. Only you can see your desperation coffee and I my imaginary friends." he mused.

"Interesting, but could such immagination be used tactically?"
Helena asked.
"There have to be some difference between reality and what you just think up?"

"That was my initial thought. Though I doubt it now. They seem a lot more like separate entities. Unless the banshee called up her old imaginary friend for some reason." he said.

"Do you think this little girl could be a fae? Or some other kind of creature all together?"
Helena asked.
"Well I guess we have to check the wards first and then speculate."
You got up to the roof, no one was there now.
"Do you need anything to check your wards?"

(OOC: Yes Mr Crowell now look like a gray alien.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:29 am

[villa 2]

He gave a glance towards Amadeus, to see if he had any instructions for him or the rest of their team to add to that, other than his obvious default.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:19 am

[villa 2]

"Our job is to be a rear guard, if anyone is injured try to get them to me or me to them, other than that there are few instructions, not before we know what the situation is in there."
Amadeus said.
"Once Anna Waunwright joins us we are going to have to keep her safe, we should move in, help clearing in whatever entrance room there are and then move out after the two first teams."
The Verbena said as he stepped towards the Labyrinth portal before he headed inside seamingly unnafraid, his sickle in one hand.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:30 pm

[Villa, 2.00]
Anja wrote:"That is true enough Mr Wainwrigh, I had a Paradox spirit make me sick, thank the heavens I am up to date on my vaccines for if not it might have killed me, and one of my Cabalmates was hunted by Rune Feather but the Masters of my Chantry managed to banish her before she did any damage. Perhaps talking with a Paradox spirit that are willing to talk."
Tilly said with a sigh.
"But Paradox Spirits are best avoided I would not want to have tea with one if I can avoid it."
Colin nodded, "Best to avoid them, as a general rule, yes... hence the call for using our power wisely and with restraint, rather than indiscriminately. Not just for the Law of Shade..."

Anja wrote:"A shard cluster? Oh my I have heard of them, there is this sleeper deck girl at a Ethership I ehard of, she was working on the outside of the sheep when a bunch of Avatar Shards stuck her, she is a mage now but not a very powerful one...well that is amazing so...you splint combed the Caul?"
Axel asked his eyes wide. Mia was quite pleased with the Etherite's amazement.
"So yours must be rather funcional then if you develop magically."
Your old friend asked.
He nodded, "It was a... quite unique experience, one I'd rather avoid repeating... but yes, she's highly functional and aware; I was born with her, rather than picking up a confused, random cluster still trying to form a cohesive consciousness. That might be a factor... I'm suspecting she's not unique in that regard, it's just that she might be the first to be noticed as such."

Anja wrote:The others nodded at that.
"Well I guess that for now we can trust the maps then."
Axel said.
"We should also try to shield Amber Rose as she is the one who can keep up all going if we get hurt."
He nodded, "We'll... want to avoid friendly casualties in any case, but especially the healer, yes."

Anja wrote:"Our job is to be a rear guard, if anyone is injured try to get them to me or me to them, other than that there are few instructions, not before we know what the situation is in there."
Amadeus said.
"Once Anna Waunwright joins us we are going to have to keep her safe, we should move in, help clearing in whatever entrance room there are and then move out after the two first teams."
The Verbena said as he stepped towards the Labyrinth portal before he headed inside seamingly unnafraid, his sickle in one hand.
He nodded to his team as Amadeus strode through the portal, "Alright, then we're up... Come up on the flank, and prepare to respond to any calls for assistance; we're roaming support, but initially... we clear the smaller rooms I indicated."

((OOC: Heh, interesting typo, the sleeper girl on the Ethership was working on the outside of the sheep? Sounds a lot better than the alternative... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:22 pm

[Villa, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

Ready to go, Nicole moved towards the portal... [Assume Nick and Cowra are the 'first wave' of their group, but are they the 'first wave of the first wave'?]

[Sickles are are rather poor weapon, unless Nassa's one has had it's outer side sharpened.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:12 pm

[Villa, 2.00]

Colin nodded, "Best to avoid them, as a general rule, yes... hence the call for using our power wisely and with restraint, rather than indiscriminately. Not just for the Law of Shade..."

"That is true, those more strict and with more power than the Quesitors are watching our every move, and reality herself are often not happy when we rearrange her furniture."
Tilly said with a little smile.

He nodded, "It was a... quite unique experience, one I'd rather avoid repeating... but yes, she's highly functional and aware; I was born with her, rather than picking up a confused, random cluster still trying to form a cohesive consciousness. That might be a factor... I'm suspecting she's not unique in that regard, it's just that she might be the first to be noticed as such."

"I hope you can avoid such an experience again Colin."
Axel said then he nodded.
"That is facinating I did not know shard clusters could be that advanced and functional. I would love to discuss it further if you are willing to when we are not about to go into battle."
The Etherite replied.

He nodded, "We'll... want to avoid friendly casualties in any case, but especially the healer, yes."

"Protecting the healer is something that can help us avoid greater casualties among our own."
Axel commented.

He nodded to his team as Amadeus strode through the portal, "Alright, then we're up... Come up on the flank, and prepare to respond to any calls for assistance; we're roaming support, but initially... we clear the smaller rooms I indicated."

Ready to go, Nicole moved towards the portal... [Assume Nick and Cowra are the 'first wave' of their group, but are they the 'first wave of the first wave'?]

You got through the portal and into a large, square chamber, it had white tiles on the floor, arranged with what looked like teeth that had been put into the mortar to form a complex circle. The walls was marble with three doors heading out from it, and the mages already in the room was full on in battle with...something, marcle spears shot out of the smooth walls aiming for the mages, so far serious injuries had been avoided, but this whole room was live, a mass of spikes and moves like water and struck when it wanted to, all the time there was a constant anguished scream, the walls rang with them.
"Name...name...I have no name...I have no name...you are all to blame...I have no name I will destroy you all, name, name I have no name!"

One of the spikes hit Coawa and the wershark shouted in pain but recovered and he moved in front of Tilly to protect the technomage.
"Keep Anna covered!"
Amadeus shouted and he sliced his own arm open with his sickle and started drawing symbols up his arm in his own blood.

(OOC: Well you would not have her working insid eof a sheep now, that would be bad, especially for the sheep. Razz)

(OOC 2: It appear Nicole was the last of her group to move out.)

(OOC 3: Amadeus is not going to use the sicke to stab enemies with it is a ritual tool he is a blood witch after all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:10 pm

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

Nicole ran her eyes over the scene while continuing to move, trying to work out if there was actually anything to attack here - after all, it may simply be akin to a minefield; something to merely cross, not fight per se...

[Are the spikes shooting out from a single direction, or is it happening haphazardly?]

[Well, if it was a double-edged sickle at least it could be used as a weapon in a pinch.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:10 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:"Hum...so it is a little like when I can taste Sally's coffee when I am just about to fall asleep on my feet immagining it so clearly?"
Helena asked.
"But I do not get a cup in my hand when immagining it."
She complained and yet Serge sort of saw a syrofoam cup in the older mage's hand with a red logo on it which said Sally's in bright, bold letters with the picture of a coffee cup in a heart under the letters.

"I..ummm..can see it clear as day. It's right there in your hands." Serge said pointing to the cup in Helena's hands. "Styrofoam cup with a red logo that says Sally right? Don't know what a Sally is but I'm assuming their symbol is a coffee cup in a heart right? I can see that on the cup as well even though you failed to mention it."

Anja wrote:"Interesting, but could such immagination be used tactically?"
Helena asked.
"There have to be some difference between reality and what you just think up?"

"If you start thinking of such dull things as tactics or practicality you'll never access the infinite power your imagination holds." Serge said. "What I think of becomes my reality. Whether it becomes everyone else's reality is a matter of perspective, consensus, and the ability to move past the shackles we've binded ourselves in."

Anja wrote:"Do you think this little girl could be a fae? Or some other kind of creature all together?"
Helena asked.
"Well I guess we have to check the wards first and then speculate."
You got up to the roof, no one was there now.
"Do you need anything to check your wards?"

"I think she's a ghost or a dark spirit. That fits with the enemies we've seen today." he replied.

When the two got up to the roof Serge made his way to the center of it. "I'll just check if the magick is still present in my drawings. All of my drawings in my ward are connected so I might only need to check the first one to get a feel for them all."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:35 pm

[Villa 2]

"Our job is to be a rear guard, if anyone is injured try to get them to me or me to them, other than that there are few instructions, not before we know what the situation is in there."
Amadeus said.
The Verbena said as he stepped towards the Labyrinth portal before he headed inside seamingly unnafraid, his sickle in one hand

He nodded. "Yes, sir."

[The Labyrinth 2]

Adley went with his group into the Labyrinth, peering ahead of him through the portal to see if he could get a glimpse of what lay ahead.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:15 pm

[Villa, 2.00]
Anja wrote:"That is true, those more strict and with more power than the Quesitors are watching our every move, and reality herself are often not happy when we rearrange her furniture."
Tilly said with a little smile.
Colin grimaced, "I'd rather contend with Paradox Spirits than some particular Quaesitors, to be honest, but yes."

Anja wrote:"I hope you can avoid such an experience again Colin."
Axel said then he nodded.
"That is facinating I did not know shard clusters could be that advanced and functional. I would love to discuss it further if you are willing to when we are not about to go into battle."
The Etherite replied.
He nodded, "Mars willing, we'll be able to kick back with a pint or two later."

Anja wrote:You got through the portal and into a large, square chamber, it had white tiles on the floor, arranged with what looked like teeth that had been put into the mortar to form a complex circle. The walls was marble with three doors heading out from it, and the mages already in the room was full on in battle with...something, marcle spears shot out of the smooth walls aiming for the mages, so far serious injuries had been avoided, but this whole room was live, a mass of spikes and moves like water and struck when it wanted to, all the time there was a constant anguished scream, the walls rang with them.
"Name...name...I have no name...I have no name...you are all to blame...I have no name I will destroy you all, name, name I have no name!"

One of the spikes hit Coawa and the wershark shouted in pain but recovered and he moved in front of Tilly to protect the technomage.
"Keep Anna covered!"
Amadeus shouted and he sliced his own arm open with his sickle and started drawing symbols up his arm in his own blood.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley went with his group into the Labyrinth, peering ahead of him through the portal to see if he could get a glimpse of what lay ahead.
His eyes widened at the sight, then he stalked up to Adley and quickly handed him the old ring, "Amicus, it can't sense me... You know how I dealt with my two other friends, do you think you can come up with the same offer?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:08 pm

[Villa 2]

He nodded. "Yes, sir."

Amadeus just nodded before he headed into the portal

Colin grimaced, "I'd rather contend with Paradox Spirits than some particular Quaesitors, to be honest, but yes."

"Well tastes vary."
Tilly said with a scoff.

He nodded, "Mars willing, we'll be able to kick back with a pint or two later."

"Mars willing indeed."
Axel said.
"I am not much of a religious person myself but I guess Mars is as good a Deity to pray to before going into war as any."

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Nicole ran her eyes over the scene while continuing to move, trying to work out if there was actually anything to attack here - after all, it may simply be akin to a minefield; something to merely cross, not fight per se...

The spikes seamed to come from the walls itself, and from every direction.
"It is a spirit...the walls, the marble walls and the spikes it is a spirit?"
Tilly yelled his eyes on his phone and Jon's app before Coawa had to drag him to the side to avoid the young mage getting impaled on another stone spike.

Adley went with his group into the Labyrinth, peering ahead of him through the portal to see if he could get a glimpse of what lay ahead.

You could not really see into the portal and on the inside all you saw was the marble room and three doors and then you had to dive to the side as a stone spike tried to impale you, your fellow mages seamed to have the same problems and you caught Tilly's shoults of it being a spirit.

[Steelhaven at 2]

"I..ummm..can see it clear as day. It's right there in your hands." Serge said pointing to the cup in Helena's hands. "Styrofoam cup with a red logo that says Sally right? Don't know what a Sally is but I'm assuming their symbol is a coffee cup in a heart right? I can see that on the cup as well even though you failed to mention it."

"Sally's is a coffee shop near Talana. It is just a one single shop, not a franchise I like their coffee and also I prefer to support local buessinesses over big franchises and yes you do describe their cups perfectly...but how?"
Helena asked she sounded half supicious half curious.

"If you start thinking of such dull things as tactics or practicality you'll never access the infinite power your imagination holds." Serge said. "What I think of becomes my reality. Whether it becomes everyone else's reality is a matter of perspective, consensus, and the ability to move past the shackles we've binded ourselves in."

"If it have no tactical applications Mr Yager then i have no need of my immagination."
Helena said firmly.
"I left behind flights of fancy in my girlhood.
"If only you see what you create with your immagination what use is it then?"

"I think she's a ghost or a dark spirit. That fits with the enemies we've seen today." he replied.

"Well I guess she can be one of Wallace Jace's agents, but for now all we can do is speculate, perhaps we will ahve to risk going out there to further investigate though once we have checked on the wards."
The young Hermetic said with a frown.

When the two got up to the roof Serge made his way to the center of it. "I'll just check if the magick is still present in my drawings. All of my drawings in my ward are connected so I might only need to check the first one to get a feel for them all."

"Very well you do that Mr Yager and I will do my own examinations of the regular wards mr Yager."
The Flambeau said as she closed her eyes and begun to make complicated hand sigils while chanting.

(OOC: Everyone make dodge rolls for me please just to see if you avoid the spikes. Nicole I roleld for you and you did fine, for now at least.)

(OOC 2: The spikes comes from all around the walls and roof, and they aim for the intruding mages with some intelligence behind them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 pm

[Labyrinth, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'Find it's eyes, sensors or whatever!' Nicole will bark out, now looking for anything which could be a sensory organ or device while continuing to move, also trying to see if there was any pattern behind the spikes.

[Nick is wearing her Spirit 1 glasses, FYI.]

[The spikes are being aimed at mages with intelligence, or it's using intelligence to aim at mages? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:41 pm

[Labyrinth 2]

All you saw was the smooth surface of the marble walls and roof turning liquid and then shooting towards a target, well yes there was a pattern the spirit clearly law targets and aimed for them.
"It is a spirit it might nto ahve eyes or anything similar i might sense simply by magic."
Tilly said as he jumped away from another attack. A plant suddenly curst out of the floor and started slapping at the spikes trying to give the mages some respite.
"We have to take it down!"
Jeffry declared as he let loose a blast of fire at the wall, careful to avoid hitting Amadeus' plant friend int he process but the fire did nto seam to do much.

(OOC: Yes but this spirit is already fully manifested it appear like marble walls that form into spikes.)

(OOC 2: The spikes are part of a living, thinking spirit who knows what to aim at.]
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:52 pm

[Labyrinth 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'It is sensing us somehow!' Nicole replied, continuing to look for something, anything which was a sensor somehow. Floor, ceiling, walls - even wondering for a moment whether it was using sound to locate. An on/off switch perhaps? Plus, seeing if there was any exit to which they can simply exit the place...

[It was more a joke; that *stupid* mages would be safe...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:03 pm

[Labyrinth 2]

"Well it is a spirit it can ahve any number of ways it sense."
Amadeus replied, already he was busy drawing new designs in blood on his own skin.

As noted before there was three doors in the walls, so it was possible to leave through any of those assuming they where nto locked. Seaming to notice what you where thinking Crexia called out.
"I will begin a banishing but Miss Bouchard please check if we can leave through any of those doors, Miss Wainwright assist her please and check for any wards or traps."
The Tytalus ordered as she begun to chant in Latin and move her hands in elegant motions, powers growing around her as she worked.

Anna begun to move towards one of the doors she did her own hand gestures, different from the ones Crexia used and still similar as she spoke in greek.
"The door is not warded Miss Bocuhard."
The girl said then she yelped as she jumped to the side as one of the stone spears vrached into the door right where she had stood a moment earlier.
"This thing is not happy!"
The girl anounded.
"I will check the other door as well, if anyone can cover me long enough to give me a chance to work."
The girl said as she had to jump out of the way again and she was clearly nto used to this much jumping around and physical excertion.

(OOC: Perhaps they would be.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next