Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 5 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Colin nodded sagely, "Yes, all we can do is our best... even if sometimes our hands are forced."

Rosa nodded at that.
"All we can do is try Sir."

He smiled wryly, "Believe me, miss Olsen, you certainly got the better deal of the two of us in that regard. Unless, of course, that one night stand was unbelievably bad."

The newly Awakened mage blushed.
"No...it was quite nice actually, to bad it can never be anything more, he says it would be unethical now that he is my Mentor, he is very concerned about what is ethical...well I suppose that is good."
She said and looked down.

He nodded, "We need popular pressure - and I think we can get that."

Rosa nodded at that.
"I hope we can achieve that then Sir."

He frowned at the chaos, then nodded to Jon, "Time to see if this works on everything corrupt, then, and not just the Fallen themselves. Sand's usually good to deal with oil spills in any case..."

"I would say that is crazy Colin but I am standing here waving my cellphone at creatures that look like walking oil dolls so who am I to judge."
Jon said though he looked a little confused.

He flung the handful of sand at the nearest oily thing and hoped for the best.

The thing pulled back and chittered at you angrily but it was wobbly where the hand had hit it and it shot out a tentacle of oil from it's midsection intent on hitting you in the chest.

(OOC: Dex plus Athletics perhaps? But I do not think we need a roll right now. A roll using the same stats to dodge away from the tentacle though is probably a good idea, if Colin feels like dodging that it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 5 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Narim was hurt, one arm was hanging down his side uselessly he was still moving towards Hanna though. Hildegard was singing as she desperately tried to fight with the creatures in there. George Steelhaven himself was dispatching the spirits with some efficiency but the mother mass was continuing to send more towards him to keep him pinned, Dion was on the floor clearly hurt but breathing. The rest of Steelhaven's magi where further into the room so it was hard to see what they where doing but there appeared to be at least two more inside the room fighting. The mother mass to hit after hit but appeared to be rather durable. Hannah was being held by the mass tentacles and was being dragged towards a wound in reality that was a portal in the back of the room.

Jeffry went first and he muttered a few words and quickly begun making swords out of the air itself to try to cut Hannah free.
"The Primus is even faster than me if we can get the enemies off him he might be able to close the portal."
He shouted afterwards.

Serge nodded at that. If there was one thing he knew his magick did, it was seriously piss off the oil-men. Even if his magick didn't work it might distract the oil men long enough for the Primus to seal off the portal.

Serge remembered back to the first couple off oil-men. When Nicole had shot one in the foot it had fallen over and flailed about. When it had taken enough damage it had tried to retreat....was that fear or a sense of self-preservation?

"I'm gonna hope its the former." Serge thought as he imagined the oil-men running in fear from the clearly superior Primus. Like he had done with Siege, he channeled that through his picture and sent it to the oil-men fighting the Primus in hopes to free him up enough to close the portal.

(OOC1: Is there anyplace the Serge could go to take cover from the oil-men? If there is he will go over and try and take cover from the oil-men's counterattacks)

(OOC2: Using a similar spell to the one Serge used against Siege. Mind 3 + Entropy 1 to try and bring up the fears and flaws of the oil-men and terrify them enough to distract it from the battle or cause it to flee in terror.

Arete Roll (difficulty lowered with the prepared drawing): 7, 8, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:43 pm

The dark forms fighting stopped for a moment as you cast your spell and they begun to retreat chittering in fear as they did so. The respite gave Jeffry the chance to cut of several of more the tendrils holding Hannah Larson, while the old man, or was he really old? In the room looked at the portal and started chanting, he used hand gestures though but their where simpler than the ones Jeffry used they appeared to be older in a way.

Master Sharaya got over to Hannah and lifted his wounded arm with a groan and pressed the screen of his phone with his good hand and the two of them just vanished leaving a popping sound as air rushed in to fill the space where the two mages had been. The mother mass did not like that though and she shrieked, a strange sound that was like when little marine animals was crushed between two large metal plates, and then she sort of collapsed into six of her children.
"Well then..."
Jeffry muttered and followed up with a stream of Latin words.
"Protect the Primus so he can work on the portal!"
He ordered. At least your spell had given Master Sharaya a chance to get away with Hannah and given Primus Steelhaven the chance to start the working to close the portal.

(OOC: I will describe what the rest of the magi in the room do once I let more player characters get a chance to respond.)

(OOC 2: There are furniture in the apartment you are in, and a bathroom you can run and hide in)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 pm

The screen came alive with little dots and maps of Steelhaven, you could see that the non combatants where hiding in the cafeteria, you saw the correct amount of people in the basement rooms, the vampires where not marked out on the map though. There where three spirits in the Chief's office, probably he had asked his imps to hide there. You saw the currently two spirits outside in the hallway and three along with the center mass inside the bedroom, across the hall where Antonio's room where though there where no guardian spirit. You saw some other rooms had one or two spirits which was as it should be, there was one spirit down in the basement which would be Truth, and Mundi had a dot and a whole mass of tiny dots around you marked the little spiderlings. "That is actually quite useful mea filius..." Jeffry said and nodded approvingly.
"Tell you who to thank later," he said, quickly looking to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. "Hrm, vampires don't show up."
Narim was hurt, one arm was hanging down his side uselessly he was still moving towards Hanna though. Hildegard was singing as she desperately tried to fight with the creatures in there. George Steelhaven himself was dispatching the spirits with some efficiency but the mother mass was continuing to send more towards him to keep him pinned, Dion was on the floor clearly hurt but breathing. The rest of Steelhaven's magi where further into the room so it was hard to see what they where doing but there appeared to be at least two more inside the room fighting. The mother mass to hit after hit but appeared to be rather durable. Hannah was being held by the mass tentacles and was being dragged towards a wound in reality that was a portal in the back of the room.
The room was packed and he didn't like what he saw, too many people injured and Hannah screaming - not a lot of room to maneuver and not a great scene to try to use a firearm, either.
Jeffry went first and he muttered a few words and quickly begun making swords out of the air itself to try to cut Hannah free.  "The Primus is even faster than me if we can get the enemies off him he might be able to close the portal." He shouted afterwards.
Like he had done with Siege, he channeled that through his picture and sent it to the oil-men fighting the Primus in hopes to free him up enough to close the portal.
Master Sharaya got over to Hannah and lifted his wounded arm with a groan and pressed the screen of his phone with his good hand and the two of them just vanished leaving a popping sound as air rushed in to fill the space where the two mages had been. The mother mass did not like that though and she shrieked, a strange sound that was like when little marine animals was crushed between two large metal plates, and then she sort of collapsed into six of her children.

"Well then..." Jeffry muttered and followed up with a stream of Latin words. "Protect the Primus so he can work on the portal!"
A huff of relief that Hannah got away from the damn thing with Narim. He wasn't sure what happened but there was now a bit of space in the aftermath of that. He moved to get into the room to a spot where he could flank the Primus, checking out to see what the chantry leader was doing exactly - if it would be useful to send in the spiderlings to help with the wards, or they'd be in the way of his working or hurt by the oil-slime spirit, which was reforming itself.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:46 pm

"Tell you who to thank later," he said, quickly looking to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. "Hrm, vampires don't show up."

"Good you do that and I can thank them when the current crisis is over..."
Jeffry said and looked at the map, squinting at the screen.
"No it seams the massassa do indeed not show up, have they been properly restrained by the way do I need to worry more about them at the moment mea filius?"
He said and frowned.

A huff of relief that Hannah got away from the damn thing with Narim. He wasn't sure what happened but there was now a bit of space in the aftermath of that. He moved to get into the room to a spot where he could flank the Primus, checking out to see what the chantry leader was doing exactly - if it would be useful to send in the spiderlings to help with the wards, or they'd be in the way of his working or hurt by the oil-slime spirit, which was reforming itself.

George gave you a friendly nod but he was focused on his working, it was Perdo Vim from the old hand gestures he so expertly used, you believe he was picking apart the portal, and he was getting rather close to destroying it, if so then strengthening the Gauntlet should only help his efforts. As George worked you saw two of the oil like creatures rush towards the Primus trying to mow you down to get to him, both of them trying to tackle you to the ground.

Hildegard sang, a beautiful clear melody, a reverent plea to god and one of the creatures begun to melt before it struck out to try to stop the Chorister but Bianca, Master Nassa's former student that he had to let go since he could not lead her to Awakening reacted quickly and dragged Hildegard out fo the way, the creature the singer had attacked with her song was wounded though.

(OOC: Please give me the appropriate rolls for Adley fighting with the two oil spirits.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:12 pm

"No it seams the massassa do indeed not show up, have they been properly restrained by the way do I need to worry more about them at the moment mea filius?"
"There were three people, at least, including my amicus, trying to get them into the room and settled after being terrified, one of them expert on vampires though she won't be staying. They're being watched over as well but I do not think they've been staked again yet. You can give additional instructions via the 'dog'," he said with a nod to Mundi. He didn't sound happy about the situation but unsure how far along the idea to chain them up had gotten. "Essentially, reserve a worry."
George gave you a friendly nod but he was focused on his working, it was Perdo Vim from the old hand gestures he so expertly used, you believe he was picking apart the portal, and he was getting rather close to destroying it, if so then strengthening the Gauntlet should only help his efforts.
*To Harry and his swarm, he directed a feeling of what he had shown Harry to do before, and said in Enochian, 'Repair the wards and strengthen the Gauntlet; beware the hostile spirit and stay on this side with us, please.'
As George worked you saw two of the oil like creatures rush towards the Primus trying to mow you down to get to him, both of them trying to tackle you to the ground.
His eyes widened as he saw the pair try to bull rush them and instinctively took a defensive stance, lowering his center of gravity so they would have a harder time of it. He brought up his free hand, fingers squared off to the palm for 'rego' and then moving his fingers flat and front and out as he gave the command for 'auram', and said 'verso' in Latin, trying to reflect them away off of his shield from their own energy.

// *if there is time for this, turnwise, or it will wait until he is not about to be bowled over obviously

Forces 2: 8, 6, 6 (then take -2) - he is trying to turn the energy in their charge back against them so they don't get trampled

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:28 pm

"There were three people, at least, including my amicus, trying to get them into the room and settled after being terrified, one of them expert on vampires though she won't be staying. They're being watched over as well but I do not think they've been staked again yet. You can give additional instructions via the 'dog'," he said with a nod to Mundi. He didn't sound happy about the situation but unsure how far along the idea to chain them up had gotten. "Essentially, reserve a worry."

"I see, well for now the situation is under control then. I would prefer if they where staked again, but I will let them settle down properly first."
Jeffry said after a moment's hesitation.
"I do not relish the idea of causing them pain but the Chantry needs to be protected, for now though let us worry about these spirits."
He said before he turned his attention back to the fight.

*To Harry and his swarm, he directed a feeling of what he had shown Harry to do before, and said in Enochian, 'Repair the wards and strengthen the Gauntlet; beware the hostile spirit and stay on this side with us, please.'

Uragi's children chittered happily and stomped their tiny legs exited over having been given a task as they rushed out from behind you to start repairing the Gauntlet, the oil like creatures was to busy fighting with the gathered magi that they ignored the tiny gafflings for now though that could change when they realize what the spiderlings where up to.

His eyes widened as he saw the pair try to bull rush them and instinctively took a defensive stance, lowering his center of gravity so they would have a harder time of it. He brought up his free hand, fingers squared off to the palm for 'rego' and then moving his fingers flat and front and out as he gave the command for 'auram', and said 'verso' in Latin, trying to reflect them away off of his shield from their own energy.

The two spirits both took swings at you, one at your guts and the other at your nose but it was reflected by your shield, your counter attack did push the spirits back and one of them lost his footing, the other got up and stared to try to get past you to get at George again while the other creature was trying to get to it's feet clumsily, your hasty spell had earned you a respite at least.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:36 pm

The newly Awakened mage blushed.
"No...it was quite nice actually, to bad it can never be anything more, he says it would be unethical now that he is my Mentor, he is very concerned about what is ethical...well I suppose that is good."
She said and looked down.
Colin nodded, "Your Tradition does seem to have an exceedingly solid foundation in ethics, despite the, hm, unfortunate stereotyping."

"I would say that is crazy Colin but I am standing here waving my cellphone at creatures that look like walking oil dolls so who am I to judge."
Jon said though he looked a little confused.
He grinned, "Oh, it gets better, my apprentice dropped in from circa year 2060 to deliver this sand."

The thing pulled back and chittered at you angrily but it was wobbly where the hand had hit it and it shot out a tentacle of oil from it's midsection intent on hitting you in the chest.
He frowned and twisted to the side, "Hup, seems to work, and annoyed the thing, too..."

((OOC: Dex+Athletics: 3,4,6,8,9,0. Not too bad. Throwing the sand seemed a little underwhelming, though.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:50 pm

The dark forms fighting stopped for a moment as you cast your spell and they begun to retreat chittering in fear as they did so.

"Wow! That's the second time that's worked." Serge said to himself in the same surprised voice as when he had first cast the spell on Siege.

He quickly observed the room, trying to find some other way to help. Defeating the oil-men were the least of his concerns, he needed to distract them long enough for the Primus to close the portal.

The two spirits both took swings at you, one at your guts and the other at your nose but it was reflected by your shield, your counter attack did push the spirits back and one of them lost his footing, the other got up and stared to try to get past you to get at George again while the other creature was trying to get to it's feet clumsily, your hasty spell had earned you a respite at least.

Looking towards the Primus, Serge noticed the two oil-men that Adley had forced onto the ground and saw one of them getting back onto it's feet.

"It worked once maybe it'll work again." Serge thought as he placed his hand onto the picture of the oil men and continued imagining them running away in fear, vastly outnumbered and outmatched. Channeling his will through his art, Serge sent the emotions to the oil-men currently trying to get past Adley, reshaping his mind so that it matched his vision.

(OOC: Same spell as before. Mind 3+Entropy 1 to try and bring up the fears and flaws of the oil-men and terrify them enough to distract it from the battle or cause it to flee in terror away from the Primus and Adley.

Arete Roll (difficulty lowered with the prepared drawing): 9, 3, 7)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Your Tradition does seem to have an exceedingly solid foundation in ethics, despite the, hm, unfortunate stereotyping."

Rosa nodded.
"Yes it do seam so Sir and I guess that is what many do not understand, that we do things that are often seen as unethical or hedonistic but there are rules to keep it from getting completely out of hand."

He grinned, "Oh, it gets better, my apprentice dropped in from circa year 2060 to deliver this sand."

Jon looked at you and blinked.
"Your future apprentice dropped in from the future to give you a bag of sand, well now that would be something to write about on Facebook...well if that would not get you hunted down and shot by the Technocracy that is."
He grunted. as he pressed a few times on his pone and one of the other oil like creatures started missing every time they hit as well and the Virtual Adept smirked.

He frowned and twisted to the side, "Hup, seems to work, and annoyed the thing, too..."

"You got it mad, are you alright?"
Jon asked and you where for you managed to side step the thing rater effectively then as Mara continued to chant in her beautiful yet strange language it turned into a little black kitten as well, identical to the one on her arm save for white spots in it's oily fur exactly where the sand had hit. The kitten looked confused for a moment then it playfully pounced on your shoe.

Ryan stood clearly focusing on the music he was listening to and one of the two remaining creatures slowed down considerably, his Akashic Cabalmate shot a Primal bolt out of the palm of his hand which damaged the creature but not much, you just got a feeling that these things took more damage from physical attacks than magick, a suspicion which was confirmed when Adjan fired into the slowed one and it chittered in pain and seamed to have problems using one of it's arms afterwards. Arn where pretty bruised up and hurt but he got to his feet and out of the way to where he could draw his own gun.

"Wow! That's the second time that's worked." Serge said to himself in the same surprised voice as when he had first cast the spell on Siege.

Jeffry glanced in your direction but he was a little to busy fighting to say anything, one of the oil men had cornered him, but he burned it's head of. You saw that the last person in where where Dr Lee, he had managed to get one of the creatures down on the floor with a series of hits and kicks though, physical attacks did seam to be more effective on them, something the woman who looked very much like a stereotypical witch who had just dragged the singing woman out of harms way seamed to notice as well for she drew a dagger and jumped one of the creatures stabbing at it wildly.

Looking towards the Primus, Serge noticed the two oil-men that Adley had forced onto the ground and saw one of them getting back onto it's feet.

"It worked once maybe it'll work again." Serge thought as he placed his hand onto the picture of the oil men and continued imagining them running away in fear, vastly outnumbered and outmatched. Channeling his will through his art, Serge sent the emotions to the oil-men currently trying to get past Adley, reshaping his mind so that it matched his vision.

One of the oil men seamed to ignore your spell completely and continued to try to get past Adley while the other though stopped, looked at the two Hermetics before it and decided ehm nope fuck this and turned and headed for the portal at some speed.

(OOC: Well the sand is not really meant to be a spirit repellent.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 am

"I see, well for now the situation is under control then. I would prefer if they where staked again, but I will let them settle down properly first."
Jeffry said after a moment's hesitation. "I do not relish the idea of causing them pain but the Chantry needs to be protected, for now though let us worry about these spirits."
"Agreed."
One of the oil men seamed to ignore your spell completely and continued to try to get past Adley while the other though stopped, looked at the two Hermetics before it and decided ehm nope fuck this and turned and headed for the portal at some speed.
Adley tried to block the path of the one that was trying to get past him to go for the Primus, taking a swing at him with his club.

//melee: 4, 3, 6, 5, 5, 3 - that's a whole lotta nothing right there - feel free to put my action in where it should go turn wise if it is still relevant, I didn't want to hold everyone up while I went to bed, I think there's still one action left in the previous round.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:53 am

You move in to try to hit the oil man going for George with your club, you raise it and strike but the creature blocks your arm and then rudely throw you to the floor, giving of your own life to the pine cone had weakened you and while it might not be comfortable you really where thrown aside as if you where an offending child. The thing moved further towards George who tried to keep his focus on one spell even as he split it off to cast a ball of energy at the creature, which knocked it back, the Primus then looked at you to see that you where ok before he continued chanting as the oil man got back to his feet.

(OOC: The oil spirit is not impressed. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Jon looked at you and blinked.
"Your future apprentice dropped in from the future to give you a bag of sand, well now that would be something to write about on Facebook...well if that would not get you hunted down and shot by the Technocracy that is."
He grunted. as he pressed a few times on his pone and one of the other oil like creatures started missing every time they hit as well and the Virtual Adept smirked.
Colin nodded, "And that's without taking into account that she's no longer Fallen at that time... Very long story. Sweet girl, but long story."

"You got it mad, are you alright?"
Jon asked and you where for you managed to side step the thing rater effectively then as Mara continued to chant in her beautiful yet strange language it turned into a little black kitten as well, identical to the one on her arm save for white spots in it's oily fur exactly where the sand had hit. The kitten looked confused for a moment then it playfully pounced on your shoe.
He looked down at the little kitten, briefly bending down to give it a little scritch, "I'm fine... and I prefer it in this form. Well, the sand was not the most effective thing, but it had an effect... Time for the magic bullets made from it instead."
He wiped the last bit of sand off his hand and drew the gun again, moving for the door to Hannah's room, and trying to dispatch the oil men one by one.

((OOC: Dex+Firearms: 3,6,6,8. So, sub one for the hit, damage roll comes to 1,2,6,6,6,0. Okay then. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Colin nodded, "And that's without taking into account that she's no longer Fallen at that time... Very long story. Sweet girl, but long story."

"You are taking a Fallen apprentice Colin? Are you sure that is safe? And would not Fallen usually be...well I guess she can be saved from that fate like with Bee, it seams this Chantry will be lively."
Jon said and frowned.

He looked down at the little kitten, briefly bending down to give it a little scritch, "I'm fine... and I prefer it in this form. Well, the sand was not the most effective thing, but it had an effect... Time for the magic bullets made from it instead."

The kitten rubbed it's head against your palm and purred which made Mara smile. Jon groaned and rubbed the bruise on his throat.
"Oh yes I would say it is magick bullets time for sure."
He grumbled before he turned to the Hermetic.
"Please Deaconess you really can not keep those kittens they are after all still corrupted spirits!"
He exclaimed but the large Hermetic just smiled joyfully and ignored the Virtual Adept as she picked the white spotted kitten up into her arms as well.

He wiped the last bit of sand off his hand and drew the gun again, moving for the door to Hannah's room, and trying to dispatch the oil men one by one.

One of the oil men where coming towards you but you planted a bullet in his chest, the thing staggered backwards and screamed in that strange chittering voice and then he just vanished, unable to keep his physical form any longer. You got into Hannah's room and it was chaos, there where no mother mass anymore but there where allot of oil men. George stood chanting while Adley had just been thrown to the floor like a rag doll. Bianca, Richard and Hildegard where fighting the oil like creatures and you saw Nicole there ready to gun some of them down. You did not see Serge but a few of the oil men where fleeing for their lives towards a portal that looked like a hole in reality. Bianca was trying to stab one of the creatures while Hildeguard was signing, Richard was just ducking away from a blow from one of them. You did not see either Hannah herself nor Narim but you did hear a pop earlier that could be air rushing in to fill space where someone had just teleported.

(OOC: Well then let us see if the forum will let me keep this post. Also sorry for my late reply I had a tiresome and rather fruitless doctor's visit so when I got back home I went to sleep for several hours.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 pm

The thing moved further towards George who tried to keep his focus on one spell even as he split it off to cast a ball of energy at the creature, which knocked it back, the Primus then looked at you to see that you where ok before he continued chanting as the oil man got back to his feet.

'Well that's one more. Although it might have chosen to retreat on its own." Serge muttered to himself as he pulled out a pencil and began modifying his drawing further. Changing the body language of the oil-men so that it looked like they were weak and frightened. Serge had been using a lot of magick and its effects were starting to get to him, but still he continued his mental onslaught, this time directed at the oil-men who had attempted to attack the Primus. He needed to distract the oil-men so that the Primus could focus on sealing the portal.  

(OOC: Mind 3 + Entropy 1 to terrify the oil-men who just attempted to attack the Primus. Trying to distract him from the Primus or get him to retreat.

Arete Roll (difficulty lowered using prepared drawing): 7, 7, 5)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:00 pm

The oil man you where focusing on stopped just as it tossed Bianca of his back, the woman was young, pretty with long messy hair and looking really like a hippy escaped from the 1960's. Once it had thrown the witch and her dagger of him he stopped and then begun to flee towards the portal as well as quick as as it's oily legs could carry it, clearly terrified out of it's wits.

You had used more magick than you used to and you felt almost like a strain somewhere inside a place you could not put your finger on, but it was the place of you that where the center of everything you where, it was no uncomfortable really, it more felt like you had used a muscle more than usual, though it felt a bit weird.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Jeffry said after a moment's hesitation. "I do not relish the idea of causing them pain but the Chantry needs to be protected, for now though let us worry about these spirits."
"Agreed."

As he turned to move, he added, "That's not my main worry, that's if there's hostile vampires in the chantry that worked with Larson, some kind of corrupted vampire, we wouldn't know."
You move in to try to hit the oil man going for George with your club, you raise it and strike but the creature blocks your arm and then rudely throw you to the floor, giving of your own life to the pine cone had weakened you and while it might not be comfortable you really where thrown aside as if you where an offending child.
If it were hockey, that would have been an illegal cross check and a penalty call. He was thrown to the floor with an oomph, more out of surprise at being tossed so readily than anything. He then tried to get back to his feet to attack the thing again.

// I  forgot to write something in my last post, if it's ok to put it in then thanks, if not then can wait - did Adley take bashing dmg for being dumped on his butt?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:22 pm

As he turned to move, he added, "That's not my main worry, that's if there's hostile vampires in the chantry that worked with Larson, some kind of corrupted vampire, we wouldn't know."

"You are right mea filius that would be bad, they would only be able to move around in the basement though since there are windows everywhere else however enough damage can be done in the basement though so that is not a good thing hopefully this is not a problem we are facing at the moment."

If it were hockey, that would have been an illegal cross check and a penalty call. He was thrown to the floor with an oomph, more out of surprise at being tossed so readily than anything. He then tried to get back to his feet to attack the thing again.

By the time you had gotten up on your feet the oil man you had fought with had started feeling in terror towards the portal as if something was scaring it horribly. Bianca who had been deposited on the floor not far from you as the thing ran got back on her feet as well.
"Well damn..."
The witch muttered before she rushed towards the next target.

(OOC: Nicole have asked me to write a post to get her character up to speed, really it have only been a couple of rounds and I am sorry we moved past her, we may have been a bit to loose on the turns at times.)

Nicole calmly took aim of one of the new oil like figures which had appeared as the mother mass more or less exploded into several of her spawn, the Etherite's aim was true and she delivered one bullet to the head of the manifested entity and another to it's torso. The cryptid let out a chittering scream and collapsed on the ground it was still there but badly wounded. Nicole took two steps into the room, careful not to let herself be flanked by any of the creatures then she took aim at the downed spirit and put two more bullets into it's form. It was sort of disturbing how the spirits just de manifested when they where damaged enough, bursting into a mass of gore would have seamed more...natural, but this just vanishing had an eerie feel to them as if they had not even been there to begin with.

Nicole ignored the fleeing cryptids for now, sure she ha not pity to offer them but as long as they where fleeing and not fighting she would prefer to save her bullets for the beings that where an actual threat. One of the oil men was lurking up on the singing elderly woman, whatever the mystic's song was doing it was weakening the creatures so that had to be stopped, so the young Etherite took another careful aim at the creature trying to get the old woman and fired, this time the bullet did less damage though half the cyptid's head was shot of, it did turn to return the favor though and shot out a long, black tendril at the young woman which she just managed to avoid by the skin of her teeth, hitting the floor and rolling she came back up with her gun aimed at her enemy ready to fire.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:34 pm

'Get rid of them now, wonder about them later' Nicole thought to herself, turning to look at the Slick with the damn tentacle and allowing her training to take over as she aimed the pistol at what was left of it's head.

[Attempting 'Deadaim' Rote]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 pm

You let muscle memory take over as you have been trained to and you feel a familiarity with the desert eagle even if it was not your chosen weapon, you could feel it's machine parts clicking into place and responding to you through the perfect symmetry of the machine realm and your bullet found the target, the spirit that had attacked you, with a chittering scream it vanished as it's physical form took to much damage to maintain it's from, the beings where resistant to magick but your bullet where not enhanced science only the means to deliver it was, you could probably have done better with a weapon you had modified yourself though, these machine parts where cold and ordinary, there was no inspiration in them.

(OOC: Arete roll 2,5,7 After all the back and forth with rolling and soaking the manifested spirit took 9 points of lethal damage.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 pm

The oil man you where focusing on stopped just as it tossed Bianca of his back, the woman was young, pretty with long messy hair and looking really like a hippy escaped from the 1960's. Once it had thrown the witch and her dagger of him he stopped and then begun to flee towards the portal as well as quick as as it's oily legs could carry it, clearly terrified out of it's wits.

"I have got to give this spell a name!" Serge thought as he saw another ink man run away in terror. Although his spells had succeeded, Serge still had doubts about doing it again. He was starting to feel a bit strange, likely from the overuse of magick. Not only that but the sounds of battle began to become shockingly apparent to him. Between the loud gun shots, the chittering, the chanting, and the singing it was getting harder to concentrate and Serge didn't want to risk messing up the spell and being on the spirits bad list.

He began to look around, trying to figure out the state of Hannah's room through the chaos without actually going into the room. Trying to figure out what was the state of the portal, what was going on now and how many more oil-creatures were left.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:48 am

"You are taking a Fallen apprentice Colin? Are you sure that is safe? And would not Fallen usually be...well I guess she can be saved from that fate like with Bee, it seams this Chantry will be lively."
Jon said and frowned.
Colin shrugged, "Safe is a relative concern... Safe from her, yes, I'm fairly certain. Safe from... certain other individuals, not so much - and as for the usual procedure, that's simply not an option. She'd not survive it - it's too dangerous to try."

The kitten rubbed it's head against your palm and purred which made Mara smile. Jon groaned and rubbed the bruise on his throat.
"Oh yes I would say it is magick bullets time for sure."
He grumbled before he turned to the Hermetic.
"Please Deaconess you really can not keep those kittens they are after all still corrupted spirits!"
He exclaimed but the large Hermetic just smiled joyfully and ignored the Virtual Adept as she picked the white spotted kitten up into her arms as well.
He arched an eyebrow, "Corrupted spirits can be restored, you know. I have a friend in the basement who is, er, living proof of that..."

One of the oil men where coming towards you but you planted a bullet in his chest, the thing staggered backwards and screamed in that strange chittering voice and then he just vanished, unable to keep his physical form any longer. You got into Hannah's room and it was chaos, there where no mother mass anymore but there where allot of oil men. George stood chanting while Adley had just been thrown to the floor like a rag doll. Bianca, Richard and Hildegard where fighting the oil like creatures and you saw Nicole there ready to gun some of them down. You did not see Serge but a few of the oil men where fleeing for their lives towards a portal that looked like a hole in reality. Bianca was trying to stab one of the creatures while Hildeguard was signing, Richard was just ducking away from a blow from one of them. You did not see either Hannah herself nor Narim but you did hear a pop earlier that could be air rushing in to fill space where someone had just teleported.
He frowned, and shot at one of the oil men that was still fighting rather than fleeing, "Bugger, where's miss Larson, did they get her? Or did Master Narim evacuate her?"

((OOC: A shot at the "safest" target, Dex+Firearms, 2,5,8,0 - sub 1 for hit, damage comes to 4,5,6,7,9.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:06 am

"You are right mea filius that would be bad, they would only be able to move around in the basement though since there are windows everywhere else however enough damage can be done in the basement though so that is not a good thing hopefully this is not a problem we are facing at the moment."
He hoped not either. At this point, he'd forgotten it was daytime, only that it seemed to be a very long Sunday with the promise of Monday and after still being secured.
By the time you had gotten up on your feet the oil man you had fought with had started feeling in terror towards the portal as if something was scaring it horribly. Bianca who had been deposited on the floor not far from you as the thing ran got back on her feet as well. "Well damn..." The witch muttered before she rushed towards the next target.
He shared Bianca's sentiment but was glad to see the things go, whatever had set their spiritual asses on fire had done the trick of getting them off their case. He too looked for the next target to keep the Primus covered while he worked on finishing closing the portal.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:27 am

Another small smile, then quickly looked to see what was happening - and the remaining targets.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 am

He began to look around, trying to figure out the state of Hannah's room through the chaos without actually going into the room. Trying to figure out what was the state of the portal, what was going on now and how many more oil-creatures were left.

Your side was winning, there where six of the oil like creatures left and two of them where fleeing. The portal looked a little less solid now as if what George was doing was about to take it down. A pretty black woman was on the floor wounded, the other member of the Chantry seamed fine or they had minor wounds and bruises.

Colin shrugged, "Safe is a relative concern... Safe from her, yes, I'm fairly certain. Safe from... certain other individuals, not so much - and as for the usual procedure, that's simply not an option. She'd not survive it - it's too dangerous to try."

"Why would she not survive it, not that it looked like anything you would want to try to survive frankly...poor Bee I have been sitting with her."
Jon muttered and shuddered.
"What happens if someone dies in the middle of...that?"

He arched an eyebrow, "Corrupted spirits can be restored, you know. I have a friend in the basement who is, er, living proof of that..."

Jon raised an eyebrow over that.
"We have a corrupted spirit in the basement?"
He asked. Mara just smiled and petted the kittens.

He frowned, and shot at one of the oil men that was still fighting rather than fleeing, "Bugger, where's miss Larson, did they get her? Or did Master Narim evacuate her?"

There was one that was standing still for a moment looking confused as Richard had just elegantly ducked under it's attack. You hit the creature in the chest and it went down, it was wounded now though and trying to get back up chittering desperately. Richard delivered two kicks to it's head in rapid succession though and the oil man stopped moving.

Jeffry cast another white hot fireball, the things where resistant to magick but the thing did allot of damage even from where you stood you could feel the heat and that was one less oil man leaving four, two of which where fleeing. George could work in peace now and the portal was starting to flicker it would soon be gone.

"Yeah ehm...Master Sharaya teleported Hannah away I have no idea where his office perhaps."
Bianca said as she was busy trying to stab one of the remaining oil men.

He shared Bianca's sentiment but was glad to see the things go, whatever had set their spiritual asses on fire had done the trick of getting them off their case. He too looked for the next target to keep the Primus covered while he worked on finishing closing the portal.

Currently there where one oil man that Bianca was fighting with, one moving towards George and two who where fleeing and the portal was loosing integrity. The one going towards the Primus shot out a bit of a black tendril towards the old mage but Richard jumped in the way, the hit cut the skin on his chest but did not seam to do any damage probably the Akashic had ways to strengthen himself.

Hildegard was still singing but now that the battle was calming down she was bending down to check on Dion, and her song changed to a plea for healing from above, her voice strong and beautiful and yet also desperate.

Another small smile, then quickly looked to see what was happening - and the remaining targets.

One of the oil men was still fighting and he had just attacked the old man who where working on closing the portal, a young good looking Asian man had stepped between though and a attack you had seen break bones and shoot through a body like a spear earlier just cut his skin, nothing more as if the man was a rock, strong and unmoving, the second fighting oil man where duking it out with a knife wielding hippie girl, she was doing pretty well against it though mundane means worked better than advanced science against these beings it seamed. The two remaining cryptids where fleeing towards the failing portal.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next