Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 22 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Chicago, Now:
"Ah yes the Seat of Forces can be a rather difficult man I hear, taking this to the former Technocrat Traditions might be a good idea though perhaps they will be able to shed enough light on the situation to make the Council launch an investigation."
The Verbena said and she nodded in agreement.
Colin smiled thinly, "Let us just say that the man's granddaughter was far less diplomatic in her description of him... But yes, collating as much evidence - unfortunately mostly hearsay and extrapolation - as possible and arguing the matter before the most technical-minded Primi is probably going to be the most productive course of action."

Kristina looked at you for a moment then she nodded, satisfied that you indented no harm to the vampires of her household.
"I see, good you are welcome to our home then Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "Thank you... Not for my sake, but for Anna's."

That made the blood mage smile.
"Ah well that would make a wonderful gift Mr Wainwright I remember when my husband was turned human for three days, that is how our twins happened, how much he enjoyed to eat normal food to savor the taste, I am sure he would enjoy such a stone very much."
He nodded, "That is part of what I wanted your, ah, dear uncle's contact information for, in fact - though I don't know how wise it would be to mention that I mean to gift them to a vampire..."

"Er...as you wish amicus," he said, doing as he asked, keeping close to him.
He smiled thinly and glanced at Kristina, "You were wondering about my visions? I'm about to have one."

Horizon, Near Future:
You stood on the busy main road of Horizon, the twin suns where warming your face, it felt good to finally be outside again for you had been coped up in Anna's hospital room for days, your apprentice was terrified and she needed you there to calm her so a new fright would not stop her fragile heart again. By now though she had calmed down enough to allow Freddy and Dr Lee to sit with her though allowing you some freedom to attend to other matters, matters that had become rather urgent.

Five days ago you had gone to visit Anna in the cell she had been put in while her trial where taking place, but when you came to the dark little room you had found the girl missing and that was when a voice from the neighboring cell had warned you.
"Are you the teacher of the little widderslainte girl? She was taken away on order of the prosecutor I heard Master D'Angelo's voice, and that of Dr Weris, he is on our payroll you know, I do not know what plans they have for the girl but you better hurry if you care for her."
You off course knew what was going on, you had foreseen it, however the owner of that voice clearly knew more about what was going on than she let on. Over the next few days though there was little time to find out who had spoken to you, one of the captured Nephandi clearly but you did not know who and Anna needed constant attention, every time she woke up she needed you to cast a rote to make sure no trace of the needles where left in her body, she refused to eat and where generally panicking, none of it good for her heart, finally though Freddy had found the information you needed, the woman in the cell next to Anna's was Sierra Bluehill a Nephandi woman you remember talking to at Steelhaven before she was sent to Horizon. Freddy had also found out that Sierra was sentenced and the sentence was to be carried out today, this was the last chance you had to speak with the woman and perhaps learn what she knew about the D'Angelos, this Dr Weris and how it all fit together. The problem was that Miss Bluehill had been tortured several times but had refused to say a word beyond what she had shared about Larson's Labyrinth, so the question was if she would talk to you once you reached Horizon Chantry and the dungeons.
He took a deep breath, patted the little pack of sugar free wine gums in his pocket, and strode through the entrance, heading straight toward the dungeons and stopping in front of the first guard who seemed to take notice of him, "Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall in Chicago. I need to question a prisoner, miss Sierra Bluehill, before her sentence is carried out today. Where can I find her?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 22 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Adley Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

"I seldom hold such a thing anymore either but trust me there is a certain feeling to it, though I suppose a pig's heart would be of similar shape and size." The Verbena said and raised and eyebrow. "Yes the sign for Intellego do seam similar to the sign for Benediction I do wonder if they could be related...hum..."

He made a slight face at the mention of a pig's heart, though it was hardly the grossest thing he'd seen lately.  But for the most part working in images and symbols was a lot less physically messy.

"Forms and Techniques are meant to work together Mr Roth Hicks and usually magi did not cast spells and swing weapons at the same time though I am sure the system can be adjusted for it, this spell however is not one you would use for combat so you should be fine to put your weapon down while casting...yes the verbal component are key, you will need that command."

"I have been using the ones I know that way, but they were for the most part battle or utility spells. I suppose this would not be used in such a time."

"If it is important to you and it matters to then it matters, just like I could not use Master Telar's computer to work magick if my life depended on it, for me it is the meaning behind the words that are important and not the words themselves. I can tell you what my teacher Llewellyn the last Primus of House Diedne taught me, though his words where in Gaelic but I will translate for you...The Gods formed man out of twigs and clay and breathed life into their creation, the power of the Gods flow through me and so I run my hands over the clay of my form to feel every strength and weakness under my fingers the knowlege I seek will not be denied me for I speak as a creator!"

"Interesting. Clay of my form...hum."

It took a little while, then your mind traveled back through the pain and into the core of your physical being, and then you saw...a pattern, a great pattern that was your body, you could see the bruise Julia's bullet had left on your head, and see your immune system work with the inert virus you had gotten through the tetanus shot you got yesterday, you saw every ache and pain most of them small but you also saw that the tapestry looked thin and worn as if thread had been shaved off it, there was just enough to maintain the pattern properly but it was clearly running on empty and if you lost much more of your vital energy your life would fall apart like a tapestry with it's threads cut.

It was a bit odd...seeing the Tellurian as threads made sense, and he understood that he was a part of that but having an internal view of it was another matter. Writing words upon his heart, to know it there. He had almost forgotten that he'd gotten shot by that Technocrat, that his hearing on that side was less than it used to be...but he could see the whole of himself was like a whisper of gossamer. After a moment he relaxed his hands and tipped his head at the Verbena. "You could tell how bad it was just by looking, I bet..." He seemed a bit more concerned about his body's welfare than he had previously.

He smiled thinly and glanced at Kristina, "You were wondering about my visions? I'm about to have one."

He raised an eyebrow at Kristina and then turned his attention back to his friend. He wasn't sure how he could help but kept an eye in case something should happen while he was questing.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Colin:

Steelhaven Now:

Colin smiled thinly, "Let us just say that the man's granddaughter was far less diplomatic in her description of him... But yes, collating as much evidence - unfortunately mostly hearsay and extrapolation - as possible and arguing the matter before the most technical-minded Primi is probably going to be the most productive course of action."

Kristina nodded at that.
"Where would you even begin with such a task if all you have are extrapolation and speculation Mr Wainwright? Then again perhaps what you have would be enough to make the Seats of Correspondence and Matter interested."

He smiled, "Thank you... Not for my sake, but for Anna's."

"No need to thank me, we will welcome your company Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "That is part of what I wanted your, ah, dear uncle's contact information for, in fact - though I don't know how wise it would be to mention that I mean to gift them to a vampire..."

"Many members of my Tradition hate vampires but I do not know my uncle's stance on them, how can he help with this gift though? Not that I know enough about his abilities to comment."
Kristina said.
"And my uncle if you are referring to Master Nassa lives here at Steelhaven so getting in contact with him should not be to hard for you."

"That is quite fascinating Mr Wainwright good luck."
Kristina said and she stopped halfway into the other hallway and looked at you with interest for a moment.

Horizon Near Future:

He took a deep breath, patted the little pack of sugar free wine gums in his pocket, and strode through the entrance, heading straight toward the dungeons and stopping in front of the first guard who seemed to take notice of him, "Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall in Chicago. I need to question a prisoner, miss Sierra Bluehill, before her sentence is carried out today. Where can I find her?"

Te guard Victor Reynolds gave you a measure bow.
"I see, you have been visiting several prisoners these past few months have you not Mr Wainwright...Miss Bluehill is in cell three over there but I warn you she is in pretty bad condition, understandably she is scared and you know how Mr Nilda likes to torment the prisoners."
He said referring to another guard that you had to have a stern word with after he struck Anna for really no reason other than the child talking back to him.
"I will open the door for you, if you will follow me Mr Wainwright."

Adley:

He made a slight face at the mention of a pig's heart, though it was hardly the grossest thing he'd seen lately. But for the most part working in images and symbols was a lot less physically messy.

Amadeus grinned he seamed to find your discomfort to be amusing.

"I have been using the ones I know that way, but they were for the most part battle or utility spells. I suppose this would not be used in such a time."

"If it works for you to form both sigils with the same hand an hold a weapon in the other then by all means feel free to do so, I can only teach what I have been taught though."
The old Verbena commented.

"Interesting. Clay of my form...hum."

"That is how my teacher saw it."

After a moment he relaxed his hands and tipped his head at the Verbena. "You could tell how bad it was just by looking, I bet..." He seemed a bit more concerned about his body's welfare than he had previously.

"I could yes, I did not examine you with magick as you had not given your permission for that but I have seen those who have used the Heart's Blood rote many a time and I could see it is bad yes."
Amadeus confirmed and nodded.
"Hurts like a bitch do it not?"
He said and frowned.
"But do not worry you are not going to die, not yet not unless you get further injured."

He raised an eyebrow at Kristina and then turned his attention back to his friend. He wasn't sure how he could help but kept an eye in case something should happen while he was questing.

Colin just seamed to drift off for a moment, seeing something that was not there as his mind was in another time joined with a future self.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Steelhaven, Now:
Kristina nodded at that.
"Where would you even begin with such a task if all you have are extrapolation and speculation Mr Wainwright? Then again perhaps what you have would be enough to make the Seats of Correspondence and Matter interested."
Colin smiled wryly, "We have a little more than that - not much, but enough to point us to where to start looking - samples of the serum, and now a few scans that show the Primium clumping in the brain. Testimonies of things that have happened - unfortunately, some of those testimonies, if provided as direct evidence, would endanger the witnesses. But we are making progress, all the same."

"Many members of my Tradition hate vampires but I do not know my uncle's stance on them, how can he help with this gift though? Not that I know enough about his abilities to comment."
Kristina said.
"And my uncle if you are referring to Master Nassa lives here at Steelhaven so getting in contact with him should not be to hard for you."
He grinned, "I meant the gemcutter. Your more, ah, hirsute associate. Who better to get quality stones from?"

"That is quite fascinating Mr Wainwright good luck."
Kristina said and she stopped halfway into the other hallway and looked at you with interest for a moment.
He smiled enigmatically and drifted off to the future.

Horizon, Near Future:
Te guard Victor Reynolds gave you a measure bow.
"I see, you have been visiting several prisoners these past few months have you not Mr Wainwright...Miss Bluehill is in cell three over there but I warn you she is in pretty bad condition, understandably she is scared and you know how Mr Nilda likes to torment the prisoners."
He said referring to another guard that you had to have a stern word with after he struck Anna for really no reason other than the child talking back to him.
"I will open the door for you, if you will follow me Mr Wainwright."
He nodded and crisply saluted Victor, "I suppose I have been... but we all need to pull our weight in defense of the Traditions, especially if we're going to have a real shot at cleaning up our ranks."
He frowned, "It's a sad thing when I have to hope Nilda is just an ass, and not compromised..."
He smoothly fell into step behind Victor, "Lead the way, Mr. Reynolds."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Steelhaven Now:

Colin smiled wryly, "We have a little more than that - not much, but enough to point us to where to start looking - samples of the serum, and now a few scans that show the Primium clumping in the brain. Testimonies of things that have happened - unfortunately, some of those testimonies, if provided as direct evidence, would endanger the witnesses. But we are making progress, all the same."

Kristina nodded at that.
"Well let me know if you need any assistance Mr Wainwright."

He grinned, "I meant the gemcutter. Your more, ah, hirsute associate. Who better to get quality stones from?"

Kristina smiled fondly.
"Off course my adopted uncle. I have given you his card have I not? As for vampires most of his kind hates them but my uncle is rather tolerant of anyone who treat him fairly."

Horizon Future:

He nodded and crisply saluted Victor, "I suppose I have been... but we all need to pull our weight in defense of the Traditions, especially if we're going to have a real shot at cleaning up our ranks."

Victor nodded at that.
"I suppose you are right at that Sir and perhaps talking with these prisoners can gain us some more insight that can help he war efforts."
He agreed.

He frowned, "It's a sad thing when I have to hope Nilda is just an ass, and not compromised..."
He smoothly fell into step behind Victor, "Lead the way, Mr. Reynolds."

"I am sure Mr Nilda are true to the Traditions."
Victor said as he begun to lead the way into the now familiar dungeons, it was a small hallway two three cells on each side it was a place you now knew well from visiting the various prisoners you had shown some kindness to and from visiting Anna and Kyle down here...and you also saw the cell Teomim had called home the last few days of their life, you felt Mia getting uneasy every time you stepped down into the dungeons.

By one of the cells stood Nilda he was a tall, lanky man with greasy dark hair an small gray eyes he stood next to the door of the cell and spoke to a woman who was hysterically crying inside.
"One hour Miss Bluehill and then well...you know what is coming. I hear you have chosen to live afterwards...good you will be cast to the streets to find a place to curl up and die or perhaps I will come and find you...after all you are pretty and you will no longer be a mage and you will be less than a sleeper, but you will be warm, and alive for a while and that might be better than an inflatable doll."
The guard said with a cruel grin.
"Yes indeed I do think I will come and find you after...you will not live long but you will be entertaining for as long as you are breathing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:00 pm

Steelhaven, Now:
Kristina nodded at that.
"Well let me know if you need any assistance Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "There may be some need to protect evidence or witnesses. Your family could be an immeasurable asset there... Confidentially, of course."

Kristina smiled fondly.
"Off course my adopted uncle. I have given you his card have I not? As for vampires most of his kind hates them but my uncle is rather tolerant of anyone who treat him fairly."
Colin nodded, "That's reassuring, then - and I suppose he won't complain too much if the intended recipients are your friends and family, in any case."

Horizon, Near Future:
Victor nodded at that.
"I suppose you are right at that Sir and perhaps talking with these prisoners can gain us some more insight that can help he war efforts."
He agreed.
He smiled thinly, "Some can help with the future war efforts, some will help with events in the past, at some point in the future... Ah, sorry, I'm speaking like a Cultist again. Hm, I'd have hoped at some point the idea of trying the carrot instead of the stick with prisoners would sink in, though... We want reliable information, not what the prisoners think their torturers want to hear..."

"I am sure Mr Nilda are true to the Traditions."
Victor said as he begun to lead the way into the now familiar dungeons, it was a small hallway two three cells on each side it was a place you now knew well from visiting the various prisoners you had shown some kindness to and from visiting Anna and Kyle down here...and you also saw the cell Teomim had called home the last few days of their life, you felt Mia getting uneasy every time you stepped down into the dungeons.
He glanced at the cells, sending a reassuring thought to Mia, as he replied to Victor, "True to the political structure, perhaps, but I've little faith in his dedication to the spirit of the law, to the ideals we're supposed to uphold... Ah, well, there are misanthropes and sadists in every organization; it's a sad fact of humanity that the worst individuals gravitate to positions where they can abuse power..."

By one of the cells stood Nilda he was a tall, lanky man with greasy dark hair an small gray eyes he stood next to the door of the cell and spoke to a woman who was hysterically crying inside.
"One hour Miss Bluehill and then well...you know what is coming. I hear you have chosen to live afterwards...good you will be cast to the streets to find a place to curl up and die or perhaps I will come and find you...after all you are pretty and you will no longer be a mage and you will be less than a sleeper, but you will be warm, and alive for a while and that might be better than an inflatable doll."
The guard said with a cruel grin.
"Yes indeed I do think I will come and find you after...you will not live long but you will be entertaining for as long as you are breathing."
He took a step forward and gave Victor a sour sideways look, as if to say 'and here he is, proving my point', and cleared his throat, "Funny you should speculate on what comes next for Miss Bluehill, Nilda. I am making arrangements for sheltering her after the ritual - she won't be merely cast aside on the streets. While I can't keep you from seeking the poor woman out after her ordeal, I would remind you of our previous conversation - what goes around comes around. But of course, as I told you last time, if you will not take my advice regarding treatment of prisoners, I am sure Lady Crexia Hermes ex Tytalus, per antea Tremere, would be more than willing to provide some hands-on instruction in my place..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:55 pm

"I could yes, I did not examine you with magick as you had not given your permission for that but I have seen those who have used the Heart's Blood rote many a time and I could see it is bad yes." Amadeus confirmed and nodded. "Hurts like a bitch do it not?" He said and frowned. "But do not worry you are not going to die, not yet not unless you get further injured."

"I'm going into a battle soon, probably," he said with a sigh. "But I will try to prepare, that is all we can do. Yes, it does hurt but pain is a strange one. I understood what I was doing when I did it, of course but seeing the results puts it back into perspective. Well, thank you again, sir. That will come in useful, in all likelihood."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:38 pm

"The Deaconess O'Connor went into the kitchen to cook...shit she really should not be in there. I do not doubt that the soup is good but I worry for the Deaconess' safety."
Henrietta said and frowned.

"I was worried too. She was a bit dizzy when we met here. I asked her to go and rest and said that we would handle bringing in the food for the basement people." Serge said with his own frown, worried about the Deaconess's well-being.

"I am watching over two men frozen in their own bodies, they are terrified an in pain and all I can do is try to make the whole thing a little less horrible by keeping them company."
The Hollower said and frowned.
"Yes if they could eat regular food that would make things easier indeed."

"Yeah you don't need to tell me. I wish I could help out our undead guests. I can only imagine the pain their going through." Serge said sadly having seen first hand the terror their undead guests were feeling .

"I have no doubt that she is Mr Yager but I was more thinking help with filling bowls and distributing them."
Henrietta said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Right!" Serge said as if he had always known that.

"Of course. That would be amazing help, thank you. I'm sure everyone could use a good meal today."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:31 am

Colin:

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, "There may be some need to protect evidence or witnesses. Your family could be an immeasurable asset there... Confidentially, of course."

"I will have to talk with my husband and Mr Drake off course but yes I am pretty sure I could arrange for someone or something to be kept safe and out of view for the Traditions."
Kristina said and she nodded.

Colin nodded, "That's reassuring, then - and I suppose he won't complain too much if the intended recipients are your friends and family, in any case."

"No he will not, he is not happy that I married a vampire but he have accepted it, so he might grumble but it will not mind to much, but he do allot of that my uncle, he grumbles."
The Verbena said and again she smiled fondly.

Horizon Near Future:

He smiled thinly, "Some can help with the future war efforts, some will help with events in the past, at some point in the future... Ah, sorry, I'm speaking like a Cultist again. Hm, I'd have hoped at some point the idea of trying the carrot instead of the stick with prisoners would sink in, though... We want reliable information, not what the prisoners think their torturers want to hear..."

Victor looked rather confused.
"Help...in the past I am not sure I understand Mr Wainwright."
He muttered but he did look like he thought the Cult of Ecstasy where a good fit for you and that you might already have smoked some of their stash.
"Ehm possibly but how do you make them talk without forcing them?"

He glanced at the cells, sending a reassuring thought to Mia, as he replied to Victor, "True to the political structure, perhaps, but I've little faith in his dedication to the spirit of the law, to the ideals we're supposed to uphold... Ah, well, there are misanthropes and sadists in every organization; it's a sad fact of humanity that the worst individuals gravitate to positions where they can abuse power..."

"I guess you are right. I am hoping to become a legal representative for my home Chantry and doing a stint working for the Security Council will look good on my resume, but many who work for the Council are not...kind to prisoners, though off course they are still loyal to the Traditions, it is just that most of us tend to be Traditionalists, as in the faction within House Guernicus and care more about the letter of the law than the spirit of it."
The young Quesitor said as he head the way down to the dungeons.

Mia calmed down, she always did but she clearly did not like being down her, she remembered the fear, the torture and the indignities that had happened to Teomim, she remembered very well.

He took a step forward and gave Victor a sour sideways look, as if to say 'and here he is, proving my point', and cleared his throat, "Funny you should speculate on what comes next for Miss Bluehill, Nilda. I am making arrangements for sheltering her after the ritual - she won't be merely cast aside on the streets. While I can't keep you from seeking the poor woman out after her ordeal, I would remind you of our previous conversation - what goes around comes around. But of course, as I told you last time, if you will not take my advice regarding treatment of prisoners, I am sure Lady Crexia Hermes ex Tytalus, per antea Tremere, would be more than willing to provide some hands-on instruction in my place..."

Averio Nilda turned to look at your sourly when you spoke to him.
"Sheltering her, why on earth would you do that Wainwright, she is trash now and after the ritual she will just be a husk, a shell and it is better to put that shell to good use."
He said and grinned.
"Oh and how are the little ehm...apprentice of yours, I hear she got treated as a pincushion and reacted rather poorly, what a shame."
The Quesitor gave you a cruel smile though when you mentioned Crexia's name his smile faded and he sort of took a step back.
"What do you want here Wainwright?"
He demanded.

Adley:

"I'm going into a battle soon, probably," he said with a sigh. "But I will try to prepare, that is all we can do. Yes, it does hurt but pain is a strange one. I understood what I was doing when I did it, of course but seeing the results puts it back into perspective. Well, thank you again, sir. That will come in useful, in all likelihood."

"We are all preparing for the fight ahead,"
Amadeus said then he nodded.
"The pain of draining your own life patterns are a strange one indeed, I know very well I was nearly sacrificed by that rote once, my life hanging on by a thread."
He said and grimaced.
"That was...fun...in either case I am glad you found the spell useful, see it as a gift for being kind to Beatrice...oh and take care of yourself Mr Roth Hicks, it would make my apprentice very sad if you died, and we do not want to make her sad now do we."
The old Verbena said as he patted Beatrice's hair gently. Bee was still sleeping, she did not seam to have been disturbed by your chanting, as if she just knew you would not harm her.

Serge:

"I was worried too. She was a bit dizzy when we met here. I asked her to go and rest and said that we would handle bringing in the food for the basement people." Serge said with his own frown, worried about the Deaconess's well-being.

"Are she alright now Mr Yager? Deaconess O'Connor I mean?"
Henrietta asked and she looked concerned.
"Ah basement people are we? Well it was kind of you and your friend to help te Deaconess out."
She said then she looked at Nicole.
"Forgive me Miss, but I do not think I have caught your name yet I am Henrietta Day hedge wizard member of the Hollow Ones."
The slender Goth girl informed the Etherite and she added a friendly smile.

"Yeah you don't need to tell me. I wish I could help out those vampires. I can only imagine the pain their going through." Serge said sadly having seen first hand the terror their undead guests were feeling .

The Hollower nodded sadly.
"Unless you can occupy their minds with something or reduce their pain and terror there is little you can do for them Mr Yager, at least they are going though this willingly but it still sucks that we have to treat them like this because some at the Chantry are afraid of them."

"Right!" Serge said as if he had always known that.

Henrietta just smiled at that.

"Of course. That would be amazing help, thank you. I'm sure everyone could use a good meal today."

"Agreed it will do everyone good...ok let me just check on our guests and I will be right out and I will offer a helping hand."
She said as she put the blankets and coffee down on the floor and then hurried into the room the vampires where kept.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:05 am

"Are she alright now Mr Yager? Deaconess O'Connor I mean?"
Henrietta asked and she looked concerned.
"Ah basement people are we? Well it was kind of you and your friend to help te Deaconess out."
She said then she looked at Nicole.

"She's fine, she's fine." Serge assured her. "Just a bit of dizziness. She's probably resting up in her room now."

The Hollower nodded sadly.
"Unless you can occupy their minds with something or reduce their pain and terror there is little you can do for them Mr Yager, at least they are going though this willingly but it still sucks that we have to treat them like this because some at the Chantry are afraid of them."

"I could do all of that and much more. It wouldn't be the first time I used my magick to calm them down and ease their pain. The thing is....if I'm sloppy and they realize magick is being used on them, it may cause them even more stress. They haven't had the best experience with magick today." Serge said with a sigh.

"Agreed it will do everyone good...ok let me just check on our guests and I will be right out and I will offer a helping hand."
She said as she put the blankets and coffee down on the floor and then hurried into the room the vampires where kept.

"Sure thing." Serge said as he watched Henrietta hurrying to the vampires room. As he waited for the Hollower, he placed the tray of bowls on the ground next to her blankets and watched Colin's 'vision' with renewed interest. It reminded him of the trances that the members of the Cult of Ecstasy member could go on.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:33 am

"She's fine, she's fine." Serge assured her. "Just a bit of dizziness. She's probably resting up in her room now."

"That is good to hear, she should be more careful with her health though, but it is off course not for me to say what a Deacon should or should not do."
Henrietta said and frowned.

"I could do all of that and much more. It wouldn't be the first time I used my magick to calm them down and ease their pain. The thing is....if I'm sloppy and they realize magick is being used on them, it may cause them even more stress. They haven't had the best experience with magick today." Serge said with a sigh.

"We can ask them when they are awake if they are willing to be helped with such magick. I agree it is not good to mess with someone's mind against their will but we can ask."
Henrietta said and smiled.
"As for your magick the way I have been told it seam to have worked quite well and been quite useful today kid, do not put yourself down so much."

"Sure thing." Serge said as he watched Henrietta hurrying to the vampires room. As he waited for the Hollower, he placed the tray of bowls on the ground next to her blankets and watched Colin's 'vision' with renewed interest. It reminded him of the trances that the members of the Cult of Ecstasy member could go on.

Helga and Darrian looked at you as you started to prepare the bowls. Mundi looked at the pot of soup hopefully and wagged his tail. Ty walked over to you.
"Should I help you out until Miss Day returns?"
He offered with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 am

Steelhaven, Now:
"No he will not, he is not happy that I married a vampire but he have accepted it, so he might grumble but it will not mind to much, but he do allot of that my uncle, he grumbles."
The Verbena said and again she smiled fondly.
Colin smiled, "I guess he has realized that so long as you're happy, well..."

Horizon, Near Future:

Victor looked rather confused.
"Help...in the past I am not sure I understand Mr Wainwright."
He muttered but he did look like he thought the Cult of Ecstasy where a good fit for you and that you might already have smoked some of their stash.
"Ehm possibly but how do you make them talk without forcing them?"
He smiled, "I have had visions of the future, where some of these individuals have given me information on the immediate problems I was facing - temporal loops yet to be closed. And how to make them talk without force - you catch more flies with honey, you know. The Fallen use torture for sport and casual entertainment, they are prepared for that. Being treated like human beings with kindness and respect... things start to slip. Some of them even willingly offered me their protection from... certain defenses at home. You don't want to know the details of those defenses; they were pretty gruesome to watch in action..."

"I guess you are right. I am hoping to become a legal representative for my home Chantry and doing a stint working for the Security Council will look good on my resume, but many who work for the Council are not...kind to prisoners, though off course they are still loyal to the Traditions, it is just that most of us tend to be Traditionalists, as in the faction within House Guernicus and care more about the letter of the law than the spirit of it."
The young Quesitor said as he head the way down to the dungeons.
He nodded, "While I myself lean more toward the spirit of the law, the sort of individuals I had in mind are not quite Traditionalists in that sense - they tend to be less concerned with upholding the law than with what abuses they themselves can get away with. And so long as there is a bigger threat on the, hm, horizon, they are unfortunately left to their own devices... The bad apples that spoil the bunch."

Mia calmed down, she always did but she clearly did not like being down her, she remembered the fear, the torture and the indignities that had happened to Teomim, she remembered very well.
He sighed softly and thought to Mia, 'What happened to Teomim was both deserved and necessary, but it won't happen to us again... Much as I hate it, it looks like we're becoming the bloody Messiah Julius had ambitions of being, and you can't stop a Messiah, can you?"

Averio Nilda turned to look at your sourly when you spoke to him.
"Sheltering her, why on earth would you do that Wainwright, she is trash now and after the ritual she will just be a husk, a shell and it is better to put that shell to good use."
He said and grinned.
"Oh and how are the little ehm...apprentice of yours, I hear she got treated as a pincushion and reacted rather poorly, what a shame."
The Quesitor gave you a cruel smile though when you mentioned Crexia's name his smile faded and he sort of took a step back.
"What do you want here Wainwright?"
He demanded.
His expression was a blank slate, showing no emotion, and his voice was even, "Part of it is gratitude, I suppose - she did save my apprentice, after all, when someone, somehow, decided to circumvent the law to let her be used as a pincushion, as you put it. Of course, the full investigation into that is underway, so when I find out whoever handed her over to the Quaesitor and doctor, well... I am not usually a vengeful person, but exceptions happen. Believe me, Mr. Nilda, I am not prone to cruelty, but if the investigation shows that it was you who ignored protocol and let my apprentice be put at such risk, I will hunt you down and have a capable telepath implant someone's memory of being Gilgulled into your brain, a loop to play over and over in your mind every minute of every day. Oh, your Avatar will not be touched, that would be clearly illegal - but you would go through the agony and loss continuously, and never truly know whether it was real or not... as you phrased it, you are trash now, and after that, you would be a husk, a shell..."
His expression still did not budge, "I am here to question the prisoner, to see if I can make her talk with some more efficient methods than... what others have tried. In fact, you might want to stay and watch in silence, you might learn a few things about the power of human decency."

((OOC: Manipulation+Intimidation roll here comes to: 3,6,6,8,0... Ouch, Nilda's not going to rest easy for a few days. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 am

Steelhaven Now:

Colin smiled, "I guess he has realized that so long as you're happy, well..."

"I think sending me away from the pack when I was a teenager was particularly hard on him so now he just want me to be happy yes."
Kristina said and she smiled sadly.

Horizon Near Future:

He smiled, "I have had visions of the future, where some of these individuals have given me information on the immediate problems I was facing - temporal loops yet to be closed.

"Hum..."
Was all the young guard had to say to that.

And how to make them talk without force - you catch more flies with honey, you know. The Fallen use torture for sport and casual entertainment, they are prepared for that. Being treated like human beings with kindness and respect... things start to slip. Some of them even willingly offered me their protection from... certain defenses at home. You don't want to know the details of those defenses; they were pretty gruesome to watch in action..."

"Why would they talk if you are kind to them Mr Wainwright I do not see how that would work. My Mentor always told me the key to interrogation is to hurt them enough that they are to scared of being hurt again to not obey you while you do not hurt them enough to break them completely. I have to admit thought that it have been hard to tie Miss Bluehill down for torture and hear her scream though and she did not really give of anything of value...in addition her wounds do not seam to heal very well, perhaps she got Jhor."
Victor mushed then he sigh.
"No I suspect those security measures are not plesant no."

He nodded, "While I myself lean more toward the spirit of the law, the sort of individuals I had in mind are not quite Traditionalists in that sense - they tend to be less concerned with upholding the law than with what abuses they themselves can get away with. And so long as there is a bigger threat on the, hm, horizon, they are unfortunately left to their own devices... The bad apples that spoil the bunch."

"I guess that do happen Mr Wainwright, though those such as Nilda do keep within the letter of the law."
Victor commented.

He sighed softly and thought to Mia, 'What happened to Teomim was both deserved and necessary, but it won't happen to us again... Much as I hate it, it looks like we're becoming the bloody Messiah Julius had ambitions of being, and you can't stop a Messiah, can you?"

"It was a just punishment, we accepted that but it still fills me with dread."
Mia thought back then she added sadly.
"No you can not stop a messiah and yes that is perhaps what we will become, that is indeed perhaps what we will become."

His expression was a blank slate, showing no emotion, and his voice was even, "Part of it is gratitude, I suppose - she did save my apprentice, after all, when someone, somehow, decided to circumvent the law to let her be used as a pincushion, as you put it. Of course, the full investigation into that is underway, so when I find out whoever handed her over to the Quaesitor and doctor, well...

"Your apprentice Mr Wainwright have a defense based on her state of health, off course the prosecutor would want to have her examined that the little Nephandi brat where afraid of needles well, that happens, we can not avoid locking up a claustrophobic prisoner now can we and the validity of your claim about her health had to be tested!"
Nilda defended himself.

I am not usually a vengeful person, but exceptions happen. Believe me, Mr. Nilda, I am not prone to cruelty, but if the investigation shows that it was you who ignored protocol and let my apprentice be put at such risk, I will hunt you down and have a capable telepath implant someone's memory of being Gilgulled into your brain, a loop to play over and over in your mind every minute of every day. Oh, your Avatar will not be touched, that would be clearly illegal - but you would go through the agony and loss continuously, and never truly know whether it was real or not... as you phrased it, you are trash now, and after that, you would be a husk, a shell..."

All color drained from Nilda's face and he gave you a look of utter horror, there was a smell from him that indicated he might have soiled himself and he worked his mouth open and closed again and again without making a sound as he gave you a shocked look.

His expression still did not budge, "I am here to question the prisoner, to see if I can make her talk with some more efficient methods than... what others have tried. In fact, you might want to stay and watch in silence, you might learn a few things about the power of human decency."

Nilda moved mechanically, he unlocked the door to Sierra's cell then he said in a very thin voice to Victor.
"Mr Reynolds, please cover for me for a moment I have to go and...I have to go..."
He said then he hurried for the stairs in the direction of where the toilets where located.

Inside the cell you saw Sierra but she looked very different from when you had talked to her at Steelhaven months before, she was now dangerously grunt, and her skin was so pale every vein could be seen through it, she sat in a corner of the cell curled into a ball, bruises and cuts from torture marked her pale body, her arms where locked behind her and she looked weak and sick, her hair hung in matted clumps to her shoulders. There was a bucket in the corner that had not been emptied for a long time which stank and a plate with her last meal, just placed on the floor so she would have to bend over it to eat stood cold and untouched. Sierra looked up for a moment when the door opened her eyes unused to the light then she whimpered and drew further into the corner, she was completely naked probably in preparation for the ritual.

(OOC: Nilda is having nightmares that night and Colin gets to save one success for later. What have we said about terrifying Quesitors? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:51 pm

"Why would they talk if you are kind to them Mr Wainwright I do not see how that would work. My Mentor always told me the key to interrogation is to hurt them enough that they are to scared of being hurt again to not obey you while you do not hurt them enough to break them completely. I have to admit thought that it have been hard to tie Miss Bluehill down for torture and hear her scream though and she did not really give of anything of value...in addition her wounds do not seam to heal very well, perhaps she got Jhor."
Victor mushed then he sigh.
"No I suspect those security measures are not plesant no."
Colin smiled, "Ah, you are at least enlightened enough to ask rather than outright dismiss... Torture may get people to talk, but it's not reliable in getting to the truth, as I'm sure you've noticed. The victim is more likely to tell you what they think you want to hear than the actual truth. If the victim is used to pain and torture, the chance of their giving up anything useful seems to shrink further, increasing the risk of breaking them utterly before they speak. But if instead of torture you treat them like another human being - allow them a measure of dignity and compassion, feed them, make sure they feel like there's at least one person who gives a damn whether they live or die... They will latch on to that one person who cares and protects them. It's perhaps a little cynical, but it is effective - and with far less work than torture."

"I guess that do happen Mr Wainwright, though those such as Nilda do keep within the letter of the law."
Victor commented.
He frowned, "They do... and that's the danger - some laws are perhaps well-intended at the time, but linguistic drift is a thing, circumstances change... In England, up to only a few years ago, it was legal for an Englishman, armed with a longbow, to shoot a Welshman on a Friday. It was completely overlooked until one unrepentant bastard did just that. It took something like 48 hours for that law to be nullified, but by then the damage had been done... There will always be officers of the law who use their position to deliberately harm whoever they can get away with harming, not because it is the lawful thing to do, or the right thing, but because they enjoy doing it and can get away with it... That's what all 'good cops' need to be vigilant against, lest they all be tainted."

"It was a just punishment, we accepted that but it still fills me with dread."
Mia thought back then she added sadly.
"No you can not stop a messiah and yes that is perhaps what we will become, that is indeed perhaps what we will become."
He smiled thinly to himself, thinking back, 'Perhaps if we can save a few souls from that fate, we will deserve the title, even if we might not use it in public...'

"Your apprentice Mr Wainwright have a defense based on her state of health, off course the prosecutor would want to have her examined that the little Nephandi brat where afraid of needles well, that happens, we can not avoid locking up a claustrophobic prisoner now can we and the validity of your claim about her health had to be tested!"
Nilda defended himself.
He nodded sagely, "Of course that claim was to be tested. It's the way it was done that was outright illegal, according to my lawyer - neither her nor I, as the defendant's Advocate and Mentor respectively, were informed. Had we not been able to resuscitate Anna when her heart failed, well... I am given to understand the murder charges would be likely to stick to everyone who had a hand in the incident."

All color drained from Nilda's face and he gave you a look of utter horror, there was a smell from him that indicated he might have soiled himself and he worked his mouth open and closed again and again without making a sound as he gave you a shocked look.
His expression didn't even shift into the smallest hint of a smile, as though Nilda's state was beneath notice and concern.

Nilda moved mechanically, he unlocked the door to Sierra's cell then he said in a very thin voice to Victor.
"Mr Reynolds, please cover for me for a moment I have to go and...I have to go..."
He said then he hurried for the stairs in the direction of where the toilets where located.
Equally expressionlessly, he turned to Victor, "If you would care to observe my methods in Mr. Nilda's stead, then, Mr. Reynolds? You might even be able to offer some advice to your Mentor about treatment of prisoners..."

Inside the cell you saw Sierra but she looked very different from when you had talked to her at Steelhaven months before, she was now dangerously grunt, and her skin was so pale every vein could be seen through it, she sat in a corner of the cell curled into a ball, bruises and cuts from torture marked her pale body, her arms where locked behind her and she looked weak and sick, her hair hung in matted clumps to her shoulders. There was a bucket in the corner that had not been emptied for a long time which stank and a plate with her last meal, just placed on the floor so she would have to bend over it to eat stood cold and untouched. Sierra looked up for a moment when the door opened her eyes unused to the light then she whimpered and drew further into the corner, she was completely naked probably in preparation for the ritual.
He frowned at the cell's condition, then stepped inside, feeling for the sensation of magic being blocked, then looked down at Sierra with a soft expression, "Hello, Sierra. I never got to thank you properly for saving Anna the other day. My name is Colin Wainwright, and I would like to speak with you... can you sit up?"

((OOC: That the ends justify the means? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:03 pm

"We can ask them when they are awake if they are willing to be helped with such magick. I agree it is not good to mess with someone's mind against their will but we can ask."
"As for your magick the way I have been told it seam to have worked quite well and been quite useful today kid, do not put yourself down so much."

Serge smiled at that.

"Thanks, your right. Being self-deprecating won't help anyone. You know my mentor would be really mad at me if she heard me putting myself down." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

Helga and Darrian looked at you as you started to prepare the bowls. Mundi looked at the pot of soup hopefully and wagged his tail. Ty walked over to you.
"Should I help you out until Miss Day returns?"
He offered with a smile.

"That'd be awesome. Make sure to get a bowl of soup for yourself as well. You've all worked so hard." Serge said as Ty offered him some help.

"And don't worry Mundi. You'll probably get some soup as well." Serge said with a smile at the spirit-dog.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Serge's Post:

'Pittsburgh, originally.' Nicole replied. 'Clearly, I did move out.' the tone that of an answer, but not actually answering anything.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod in return.

Serge's Post:

'Quit fussing like when a kid is given scissors. Not going to stab meself or nothing.' she replied, rolling her eyes.

Anja's Post:

A blink of comprehension. 'Yeah, remember you. Pulled you off the floor last, right?'

[There... think I've re-sync'd Nicole with everyone else..]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Ah, you are at least enlightened enough to ask rather than outright dismiss... Torture may get people to talk, but it's not reliable in getting to the truth, as I'm sure you've noticed. The victim is more likely to tell you what they think you want to hear than the actual truth. If the victim is used to pain and torture, the chance of their giving up anything useful seems to shrink further, increasing the risk of breaking them utterly before they speak.

"I have noticed that with torture often the information the prisoners give up are unreliable or outright wrong but why would it be so? Would they not want to be truthful to stop further pain?"
Victor asked then he sigh.
"And yes with some prisoners it seams breaking them completely so they are not able to talk is a very real risk."
He agreed though he looked somewhat doubtful still over what you where saying.

But if instead of torture you treat them like another human being - allow them a measure of dignity and compassion, feed them, make sure they feel like there's at least one person who gives a damn whether they live or die... They will latch on to that one person who cares and protects them. It's perhaps a little cynical, but it is effective - and with far less work than torture."

"You are saying you try to get them to get some sort of Stockholm syndrome towards your Sir?"
The young Enforcer asked.
"I guess that could be effective."

He frowned, "They do... and that's the danger - some laws are perhaps well-intended at the time, but linguistic drift is a thing, circumstances change... In England, up to only a few years ago, it was legal for an Englishman, armed with a longbow, to shoot a Welshman on a Friday. It was completely overlooked until one unrepentant bastard did just that. It took something like 48 hours for that law to be nullified, but by then the damage had been done... There will always be officers of the law who use their position to deliberately harm whoever they can get away with harming, not because it is the lawful thing to do, or the right thing, but because they enjoy doing it and can get away with it... That's what all 'good cops' need to be vigilant against, lest they all be tainted."

Victor looked at you for a moment then he asked.
"What happened to the guy who shot someone with a longbow then?"
He sigh and nodded.
"I guess at times we get some bad seeds like Nida who is just sadistic but most just want to uphold the law and serve the Traditions an just get a bit over eager at times."
He protested.

He smiled thinly to himself, thinking back, 'Perhaps if we can save a few souls from that fate, we will deserve the title, even if we might not use it in public...'

"Using it in public will not be a good idea for a long time Colin but yes we might deserve the title if we can save some souls from that fate."
Mia whispered from inside of your soul and she was clearly still upset.

He nodded sagely, "Of course that claim was to be tested. It's the way it was done that was outright illegal, according to my lawyer - neither her nor I, as the defendant's Advocate and Mentor respectively, were informed. Had we not been able to resuscitate Anna when her heart failed, well... I am given to understand the murder charges would be likely to stick to everyone who had a hand in the incident."

"Murder charges? But well ehm...the girl was just given a medical examination I mean how else would one do it I am sure...ehm it was perfectly legal and I ehm..."
The guard stuttered suddenly unsure of himself but then he bit back.
"And besides who care if a Nephanda gets hurt the little bitch deserved it!"

His expression didn't even shift into the smallest hint of a smile, as though Nilda's state was beneath notice and concern.

Nilda looked at you and he looked absolutely terrified.

Equally expressionlessly, he turned to Victor, "If you would care to observe my methods in Mr. Nilda's stead, then, Mr. Reynolds? You might even be able to offer some advice to your Mentor about treatment of prisoners..."

"Yes...ehm...ok I can observe Mr Wainwright."
Victor said then he looked in the direction Nilda had ran.
"Ehm remind me if I ever see you apprentice again Sir to be very, very kind to the girl."
He muttered clearly rather shocked as well.

He frowned at the cell's condition, then stepped inside, feeling for the sensation of magic being blocked, then looked down at Sierra with a soft expression, "Hello, Sierra. I never got to thank you properly for saving Anna the other day. My name is Colin Wainwright, and I would like to speak with you... can you sit up?"

You felt the claustrophobic feeling of your magic being blocked as you stepped into the cell.
"Is she...ok? The girl I mean?"
Sierra muttered she was just as curled up as before and she whimpered softly tears rolling down her cheeks.
"I...met you at Steelhaven Hall did I not?"
She muttered.
"Are you here to hurt me like the rest...it is just an hour until...until..."
The prisoner broke down sobbing and did not continue what she was saying.
"Go away!"

Serge and Nicole:

Serge smiled at that.

"Thanks, your right. Being self-deprecating won't help anyone. You know my mentor would be really mad at me if she heard me putting myself down." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

"You should listen to your Mentor then."
"You are contributing and doing a good job kid."

"That'd be awesome. Make sure to get a bowl of soup for yourself as well. You've all worked so hard." Serge said as Ty offered him some help.

"Oh I will thank you."
Ty said as he begun to fill soup in the bowls.
"You are Mr Yager right, if so I know your teacher, how is she these days?"

"And don't worry Mundi. You'll probably get some soup as well." Serge said with a smile at the spirit-dog.

Mundi's tail increased in wagging speed at that.
"Off course he will get a bowl, but it will have to cool down a bit first."
Darrian said and smiled he and Helga kept an eye out as the food was being prepared.

A blink of comprehension. 'Yeah, remember you. Pulled you off the floor last, right?'

"Yeah thanks for that, I sort of got knocked out."
Henrietta said and scratched her head before she went to check on the vampires.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Nicole wrote:'Pittsburgh, originally.' Nicole replied. 'Clearly, I did move out.' the tone that of an answer, but not actually answering anything.

"Ahh Pittsburg. Always thought that was a funny name." Serge said with a smile.

"Why'd you move out anyways?" Serge continued with his line of questioning.

"You should listen to your Mentor then."
"You are contributing and doing a good job kid."

Serge gave her a look as if he didn't quite believe her but gave her a friendly smile all the same.

"Oh I will thank you."
Ty said as he begun to fill soup in the bowls.
"You are Mr Yager right, if so I know your teacher, how is she these days?"

"She's OK. Worried about me while doing her therapist thing and helping out whoever she can, while simultaneously chatting their ears off." Serge said remembering his Mentor fondly.

"Wish she was here..." Serge said sadly as he helped Ty fill up the bowls himself.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:27 pm

"I have noticed that with torture often the information the prisoners give up are unreliable or outright wrong but why would it be so? Would they not want to be truthful to stop further pain?"
Victor asked then he sigh.
"And yes with some prisoners it seams breaking them completely so they are not able to talk is a very real risk."
He agreed though he looked somewhat doubtful still over what you where saying.
Colin smiled thinly, "Loyalty and spite. So long as those are stronger than the pain inflicted, torture gets you nothing. Befriend them, shift their loyalties, and they are yours."

"You are saying you try to get them to get some sort of Stockholm syndrome towards your Sir?"
The young Enforcer asked.
"I guess that could be effective."
He nodded, "Cynically speaking, that would be accurate. With the exception that unlike the hostage takers in the actual cases, I genuinely care for the person rather than try to convert someone to the cause."

Victor looked at you for a moment then he asked.
"What happened to the guy who shot someone with a longbow then?"
He sigh and nodded.
"I guess at times we get some bad seeds like Nida who is just sadistic but most just want to uphold the law and serve the Traditions an just get a bit over eager at times."
He protested.
He shook his head, "As far as I know, nothing happened to the archer, as his actions were completely legal at the time, and he had with him the book of laws to prove it. And yes, zealotry can be harsh, but necessary at times. Nilda's the sort who goes above and beyond the call of duty to hurt others simply because he can. Keep an eye on that one... sooner or later, he will slip and do something he can't get away with..."

"Murder charges? But well ehm...the girl was just given a medical examination I mean how else would one do it I am sure...ehm it was perfectly legal and I ehm..."
The guard stuttered suddenly unsure of himself but then he bit back.
"And besides who care if a Nephanda gets hurt the little bitch deserved it!"
He shook his head, "The girl was not simply given a medical examination - the so-called doctors spoke right over hear, ignoring her state of distress, and completely ignored the information in her medical file, leading to her heart stopping from the stress. It was neither legal, ethical nor properly performed, and had she died... not only would I, as well as several Archmagi including Master Porthos have cared about her passing, but having her reincarnated as a widderslainte would have been more trouble in the future, and her loss would not be something I could forgive."

"Yes...ehm...ok I can observe Mr Wainwright."
Victor said then he looked in the direction Nilda had ran.
"Ehm remind me if I ever see you apprentice again Sir to be very, very kind to the girl."
He muttered clearly rather shocked as well.
He smiled warmly, "I would appreciate that. As would she. And I'm sure she would be an absolute darling in response."

You felt the claustrophobic feeling of your magic being blocked as you stepped into the cell.
"Is she...ok? The girl I mean?"
Sierra muttered she was just as curled up as before and she whimpered softly tears rolling down her cheeks.
"I...met you at Steelhaven Hall did I not?"
She muttered.
"Are you here to hurt me like the rest...it is just an hour until...until..."
The prisoner broke down sobbing and did not continue what she was saying.
"Go away!"
He nodded, "She is... well, traumatized by what they did, but she is alive."
He smoothly set his phone to record the conversation, "Yes, we met at Steelhaven Hall, though it seems we never got the time to really talk. Like the terrified wretch in the corridor said, it's just an hour left, and I would like to discuss a few matters with you. No pain, no force, I even brought some wine gums if you'd like them - sugar free, owing to your diabetes."
He knelt down beside her, holding up the bag of candy, "Now, I'm not planning to leave for another hour, and I'm not planning to let you face what is coming friendless and alone... you saved my apprentice - my adopted daughter - and a soul more precious than you could possibly know, so I mean to offer you shelter with my family; protection from Nilda and his like."
He frowned, "I can't save your Avatar now, but time is not entirely linear for me these days - my past self is listening in on the conversation even as we speak, and what I learn here now can be used to save people in the past. And possibly, just maybe, I can change the timeline and save you, as well..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Serge:

Serge gave her a look as if he didn't quite believe her but gave her a friendly smile all the same.

Henrietta just looked at you for a while.

"She's OK. Worried about me while doing her therapist thing and helping out whoever she can, while simultaneously chatting their ears off." Serge said remembering his Mentor fondly.

"Ah yes she certainly do know how to talk and knows what to say for you to figure out the solution for yourself."
Ty said and smiled.
"Give her my regards when next you see her will you Mr Yager?"
He requested.

"Wish she was here..." Serge said sadly as he helped Ty fill up the bowls himself.

"At least your Mentor is just half an hour drive away."
Ty Said as he filled a bowl with soup.

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "Loyalty and spite. So long as those are stronger than the pain inflicted, torture gets you nothing. Befriend them, shift their loyalties, and they are yours."

Victor nodded at that.
"Hum...that sounds really sensible actually but it is not how my Mentor told me to do it Mr Wainwright he said the best way is to force the truth out of prisoners."
He protested.

He nodded, "Cynically speaking, that would be accurate. With the exception that unlike the hostage takers in the actual cases, I genuinely care for the person rather than try to convert someone to the cause."

"How can you genuinely care for a Nephandus, I mean one thing is a captured Technocrat but a Fallen?"
Victor asked doubtfully.

He shook his head, "As far as I know, nothing happened to the archer, as his actions were completely legal at the time, and he had with him the book of laws to prove it.

"Damn that hardly seams fair now do it."
The young Enforcer commented.

And yes, zealotry can be harsh, but necessary at times. Nilda's the sort who goes above and beyond the call of duty to hurt others simply because he can. Keep an eye on that one... sooner or later, he will slip and do something he can't get away with..."

"But he is my colleague I have to be on his side and surely he is not going to break the law he is of House Guernicus."
Victor protested and he shook his head in denial.

He shook his head, "The girl was not simply given a medical examination - the so-called doctors spoke right over hear, ignoring her state of distress, and completely ignored the information in her medical file, leading to her heart stopping from the stress. It was neither legal, ethical nor properly performed, and had she died... not only would I, as well as several Archmagi including Master Porthos have cared about her passing, but having her reincarnated as a widderslainte would have been more trouble in the future, and her loss would not be something I could forgive."

Nilda scoffed.
"The way I understand it the little bitch is to weak to be Gilgulled it is better then that she die so her widderslainte can be tracked down and dealt with."
He said seaming with no regard that he was talking about killing one child and Gilgulling another.
"However she did survive did she not so don't complain."

He smiled warmly, "I would appreciate that. As would she. And I'm sure she would be an absolute darling in response."

"I ehm...sure she will ehm...despite what she is...how is she by the way? Anna that is her name is it not? How is she?"
Victor asked.

He nodded, "She is... well, traumatized by what they did, but she is alive."

"Did they torture her as they did me?"
Sierra asked bitterly and she looked up at you for a moment.
"Damn that doctor he have always been a sadistic fuck but at least thanks to him my Labyrinth fount out about that idiot Larson's plans."

He smoothly set his phone to record the conversation, "Yes, we met at Steelhaven Hall, though it seems we never got the time to really talk. Like the terrified wretch in the corridor said, it's just an hour left, and I would like to discuss a few matters with you. No pain, no force, I even brought some wine gums if you'd like them - sugar free, owing to your diabetes."

The Nephanda eyed the phone with suspicion.
"Like I told the others that came to question me you will get nothing out of me!"
She spat then she started coughing she was clearly not well.
"Terrified wench...Nilda did you do something to him?"
She asked and she looked like that amused her a little.
"Wine gums...you should have brought some full of sugar perhaps I would die before the ritual..."
She whispered and started crying again.
"I...I do not want that...ritual to happen, I please...."
She sobbed hysterically.

He knelt down beside her, holding up the bag of candy, "Now, I'm not planning to leave for another hour, and I'm not planning to let you face what is coming friendless and alone... you saved my apprentice - my adopted daughter - and a soul more precious than you could possibly know, so I mean to offer you shelter with my family; protection from Nilda and his like."

"I...I am not very hungry...thank you..."
Sierra muttered and turned her head away.
"So you are taking in a Gilgulled Nephandus that is sure to be a depressive endeavor."
She spat then she sigh.
"Though I guess it is better than ending up as bloody Nilda's fucktoy. I should never have requested to be allowed to live at my trial...I guess I was just...scared."
Sierra muttered and started crying again curling up more and between sobs she managed to whisper.
"Though I guess I do not want...to be alone right now but I am not going to tell you anything...nothing...you hear that...nothing..."
She sobbed.

He frowned, "I can't save your Avatar now, but time is not entirely linear for me these days - my past self is listening in on the conversation even as we speak, and what I learn here now can be used to save people in the past. And possibly, just maybe, I can change the timeline and save you, as well..."

The Nephanda was hyperventilating from fear.
"Y...you can...save me? How could you potentially save me...from..."
She muttered then she cried out in terror.
"Oh god they are...really going to...going to...I...can not stand this terror...please if you can help me then help me please...don't let them...don't let them..."
She begged desperately.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Serge's Post:

A short, meaningful silence before she replied. 'Because I was an idiot.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 pm

"Ah yes she certainly do know how to talk and knows what to say for you to figure out the solution for yourself."
Ty said and smiled.
"Give her my regards when next you see her will you Mr Yager?"
He requested.

"Sure thing. I'll tell her that the next time I see her." Serge said.

"You said you knew my Mentor right? How so?" Serge asked wanting to know more about his mentor and her past life.

"At least your Mentor is just half an hour drive away."
Ty Said as he filled a bowl with soup.

"That's true. I"m being over dramatic. I make it sound like I'll never see her again." Serge said with a chuckle as he continued to fill up multiple bowls with soup to hand out to the people within the basement.  

Nicole wrote:A short, meaningful silence before she replied. 'Because I was stupid.' the self-contempt clear.

"O-Oh...I see then." Serge managed to stammer out, clearly not expecting that answer or the contempt that it came with. He tried to think of something to say but decided he had ventured far enough into an aspect of her life that Nicole clearly wasn't fond off.

"Soooo, what's ethernaut training like?" Serge asked nonchalantly trying to quickly change the subject.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 pm

"Sure thing. I'll tell her that the next time I see her." Serge said.

"Thank you kid I appreciate it."
The Akashic said and smiled a little.

"You said you knew my Mentor right? How so?" Serge asked wanting to know more about his mentor and her past life.

Ty scratched his head and he looked a little uncomfortable.
"I ehm...well ok it is like this I ended up in a Paradox realm a while back and I was rather fucked up when I got up, if you excuse the language, and well your teacher helped me to be able to handle reality again."
He muttered and he sounded like he was not really comfortable talking about this.

"That's true. I"m being over dramatic. I make it sound like I'll never see her again." Serge said with a chuckle as he continued to fill up multiple bowls with soup to hand out to the people within the basement.

You hand out bowls of soup and Darrian sigh.
"Ok we are going to have to feed the prisoners...since they are tied down, the Marauders we can just hand bowls to but the others will need help."
Ry nodded at that.
"I will help out Master Haagen."
He said and as Henrietta returned from the vampire's room he said to you.
"Do not worry kid I was homesick as well the first few days after I left my Mentor's Chantry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:37 pm

...in either case I am glad you found the spell useful, see it as a gift for being kind to Beatrice...oh and take care of yourself Mr Roth Hicks, it would make my apprentice very sad if you died, and we do not want to make her sad now do we." The old Verbena said as he patted Beatrice's hair gently. Bee was still sleeping, she did not seam to have been disturbed by your chanting, as if she just knew you would not harm her.

It was probably as close as the man was about to say directly to him don't get killed. "I will do my best."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Amadeus gave a grunt and a nod.
"See to it that you do Mr Roth Hicks."
He commented.

(OOC: Warp perhaps we should split the scene like we have done before playing out Colin's future vision in one part of it but having him wake up so we can continue the rest of the story as well so the others do not have to wait for us to finish up?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next