Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 23 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Serge's Post:

'That answer all depends on what you think is "good" and "bad".' Nicole replied. 'For me, the pluses were I didn't spend all hours behind a desk, got to see a lot of cool gear and the instructors weren't as stuck-up... well, most of 'em, at least. The minuses... evil ex-Mirrorshade drill sergeant, prison comfort levels, a hundred miles away from the nearest bar and way too much reading. Though I didn't go to the Academy proper; only the prep-stage.' ending with a "and you?" glance.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 23 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Ty scratched his head and he looked a little uncomfortable.
"I ehm...well ok it is like this I ended up in a Paradox realm a while back and I was rather fucked up when I got up, if you excuse the language, and well your teacher helped me to be able to handle reality again."
He muttered and he sounded like he was not really comfortable talking about this.

"Sounds similar to what she did for me. Except it wasn't in a paradox realm. I was trapped....somewhere else. After she pulled me out, she helped me see the brighter side of reality." Serge said noticing Ty's discomfort and focusing the subject away from the Akashic and towards himself.

"Anyways, it's cool hearing about the good she did for other people. I can only hope to help as many people as she has." Serge said quickly dismissing the topic that made the Akashic uncomfortable. Although Serge was still very curious as to why Ty didn't like the topic .  

You hand out bowls of soup and Darrian sigh.
"Ok we are going to have to feed the prisoners...since they are tied down, the Marauders we can just hand bowls to but the others will need help."
Ry nodded at that.
"I will help out Master Haagen."
He said and as Henrietta returned from the vampire's room he said to you.
"Do not worry kid I was homesick as well the first few days after I left my Mentor's Chantry."

"How many tied down prisoner do we need to feed? I've met 3 of them...are their any others?" Serge asked.

Nicole wrote:'That answer all depends on what you think is "good" and "bad".' Nicole replied. 'For me, the pluses were I didn't spend all hours behind a desk, got to see a lot of cool gear and the instructors weren't as stuck-up... well, most of 'em, at least. The minuses... evil ex-Mirrorshade drill sergeant, prison comfort levels, a hundred miles away from the nearest bar and way too much reading. Though I didn't go to the Academy proper; only the prep-stage.' ending with a "and you?" glance.

"Me?" Serge said reacting to Nicole's glance. "What about me? You mean what I did for 5 years of training?"

Serge scratched his head and said, "Well, all of my training was done either with my Mentor's help or by myself. For the first couple of years it was a hassle. Had to balance high school and eventually college, parents, and magick training all at once. Whenever I got free time I would go to the local chantry and chat with the local mages. Got to see a lot of cool stuff over there." Serge said fondly remembering his first ventures into the magickal world.

"I loved hearing their stories and seeing their amazing spells or their cool gadgets. It was like my wildest dreams come true. Before then I could only imagine these awesome adventures and badass wizards and warriors and now I was actually meeting people like that!" Serge said with the same excitement as his 16-year old self had had so long ago.

"Anyways what did ya learn? Anything cool? I bet they taught you all kinds of neat stuff." Serge said now curious as to what the Ethrite had learned.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:57 pm

// I don't mind waiting, just fyi : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:26 pm

"Sounds similar to what she did for me. Except it wasn't in a paradox realm. I was trapped....somewhere else. After she pulled me out, she helped me see the brighter side of reality." Serge said noticing Ty's discomfort and focusing the subject away from the Akashic and towards himself.

"Your Mentor is very good at what she do, she have helped allot of people."
Ty said.
"And be glad it was not a Paradox realm you where trapped in kid, they can be bad places...really, really bad places."
He said and his gaze was far away for a moment.

"Anyways, it's cool hearing about the good she did for other people. I can only hope to help as many people as she has." Serge said quickly dismissing the topic that made the Akashic uncomfortable. Although Serge was still very curious as to why Ty didn't like the topic .

"Wanting to help people is a noble goal Mr Yager and I am sure that if you work on it you will be able to help others like your Mentor do."
The Akashic said and smiled.

"How many tied down prisoner do we need to feed? I've met 3 of them...are their any others?" Serge asked.

"There are five Mr Yager, the three you have met as well as Diego...and Mr Bergen a man who betrayed Steelhaven to the Nephandi."
Helga said and scowled deeply.
"In addition to them there are two Marauders in that cell over there."
She said and pointed towards one of the locked doors.
"But they are not as severely restrained and can eat on their own. If they understand what the food is that is."

(OOC: I understand but it is no bother to just split the scene so you do not have to wait either and then we can take as much time with the vision scene as needed without thinking about someone waiting for it to be done.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Serge's Post:

'Hmm?... oh, the usual stuff, y'know...' she replied in an offhand manner, a slight frown when the fact that Serge didn't know sank in. 'Didn't see no cool stuff at first, no way. In fact, it was so fucking dull that damn close to walking, I was. It was like being drawn in to the movie theatre with a killer film poster and review, only to discover after handing over the green it's actually "The History of Banking Regulations", goes on for eight hours, they've locked the doors and the seat you're in was designed for someone with no legs.'

Anja's Post:

A small, slightly irate sigh at this. 'Do we need to feed them by hand or something?' tone making it fairly clear she didn't like this idea.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
Victor nodded at that.
"Hum...that sounds really sensible actually but it is not how my Mentor told me to do it Mr Wainwright he said the best way is to force the truth out of prisoners."
He protested.
Colin smiled, "With all due respect, your Mentor is likely a wise old man, but in that particular matter, he is simply incorrect - and there are centuries of studies and analyses that prove him wrong."

"How can you genuinely care for a Nephandus, I mean one thing is a captured Technocrat but a Fallen?"
Victor asked doubtfully.
He frowned, "Because I pay attention. So many of us see only an enemy, anathema to all we hold as right and true... I see past that, to a frightened, abused person who, likely as not, went into the Caul either under duress or false pretenses. Some Fell in trying to spare someone they loved from torture or worse, some Fell after they had been brainwashed from infancy into believing that it was the right thing to do - and they never really believed that unmaking the world was right until they went into the Caul and had their everything wrung and twisted... And because I have seen evidence - even proof - that a Fallen Avatar can be untwisted and brought back to the Light."

"Damn that hardly seams fair now do it."
The young Enforcer commented.
He nodded, "No, but perfectly and specifically legal at the time... that's why looking at the intent behind the law - the spirit of it - is as important as the letter of the law. Note that I did not say it is more important."

"But he is my colleague I have to be on his side and surely he is not going to break the law he is of House Guernicus."
Victor protested and he shook his head in denial.
He shook his head, "You are an Officer of the Law; did you become that to protect civilians from criminals, or to protect your colleagues from the consequences of their actions? And how is being a member of House Guernicus a guarantee against his breaking the law? Take your time... No need to answer that today."

Nilda scoffed.
"The way I understand it the little bitch is to weak to be Gilgulled it is better then that she die so her widderslainte can be tracked down and dealt with."
He said seaming with no regard that he was talking about killing one child and Gilgulling another.
"However she did survive did she not so don't complain."
He shook his head, "Except she won't be Fallen forever. She even provided proof of that from the future - it is submitted as evidence in her trial - so no, her death would not be better. And yes, she did survive... so now it falls to me to do what I can to ensure not only that she remains safe, but that the same thing will not happen to anyone else in a similar situation."

"I ehm...sure she will ehm...despite what she is...how is she by the way? Anna that is her name is it not? How is she?"
Victor asked.
He frowned, "She is... recovering. I've got her an excellent therapist, but it will take time. But, oh, Anna will grow up to be magnificent."

"Did they torture her as they did me?"
Sierra asked bitterly and she looked up at you for a moment.
"Damn that doctor he have always been a sadistic fuck but at least thanks to him my Labyrinth fount out about that idiot Larson's plans."
He sighed, "They wouldn't call it torture, as such - but repeated blood drawings from a severely trypanophobic girl with a frail heart... we're still working on the attempted murder charge, trying to make it stick, and that doctor is probably not going to work again."

The Nephanda eyed the phone with suspicion.
"Like I told the others that came to question me you will get nothing out of me!"
She spat then she started coughing she was clearly not well.
"Terrified wench...Nilda did you do something to him?"
She asked and she looked like that amused her a little.
"Wine gums...you should have brought some full of sugar perhaps I would die before the ritual..."
She whispered and started crying again.
"I...I do not want that...ritual to happen, I please...."
She sobbed hysterically.
He smiled thinly, "I just told him what I would would do to him if I found evidence he was the one who handed my apprentice off to the Quaesitor and doctor that day. It would be... well, let's just say that his next incarnation would probably have some deep-seated issues with mistreating prisoners..."
He sighed, "I shall admit, I did briefly consider it. But unfortunately, they know I know of your medical condition, which would make it murder in their eyes - and I rather need to keep my head intact and still attached to my shoulders."
He frowned, "No, you don't want that... unfortunately, while my lawyer is trying to pull a few strings, there's not much that can be done, unless - and even this is not offering much of a chance right now - you can offer good evidence against the infiltrators in our midst, whoever you know to be on the payroll of the Nephandi, and whoever you know to be otherwise compromised. If you do so, there might be a way to save your Avatar, even, if you are willing, to try to guide it back to the light, to undo what was done in the Caul. It is possible, you see, but like everything important, it is difficult and unpleasant; you need to challenge your Avatar on everything - to untwist it, bring it back to Creation instead of Uncreation..."

"I...I am not very hungry...thank you..."
Sierra muttered and turned her head away.
"So you are taking in a Gilgulled Nephandus that is sure to be a depressive endeavor."
She spat then she sigh.
"Though I guess it is better than ending up as bloody Nilda's fucktoy. I should never have requested to be allowed to live at my trial...I guess I was just...scared."
Sierra muttered and started crying again curling up more and between sobs she managed to whisper.
"Though I guess I do not want...to be alone right now but I am not going to tell you anything...nothing...you hear that...nothing..."
She sobbed.
He nodded and pocketed the wine gums again, "Obviously, I will have to make some... arrangements for your care - depending on how withdrawn you let yourself become - but I owe you my apprentice's life, and I am not about to give Nilda any satisfaction if I can avoid it."
He sighed, "I'm not going to leave you alone until they come for you, though. If you prefer, I could recite Heylel Teomim's final speech - I've had to read it a few times, so I wound up memorizing it - or we could talk about any good books you might have read, or have wanted to read, or, well, we could just sit here and look at one another in an awkward sort of silence. But I would much prefer you would lower your hackles and talk to me rather than give me the silent treatment..."

The Nephanda was hyperventilating from fear.
"Y...you can...save me? How could you potentially save me...from..."
She muttered then she cried out in terror.
"Oh god they are...really going to...going to...I...can not stand this terror...please if you can help me then help me please...don't let them...don't let them..."
She begged desperately.
He laid a warm hand on her shoulder, looking straight into her eyes, "I can remember in the past what you tell me today, so i can change the future... Right now, even as I sit here with you on Horizon, I am standing over your sleeping body in Boston, as you are handcuffed to the radiator on the day we captured you. I don't know you, but I know you will be important to me, if only as the person who helped me save Anna a few days ago, and I am compelled to do what I can to protect you from harm... but even so, my direct influence is severely limited, however much my star is rising owing to some generous contributions to the Traditions. If you give me enough to work with, I stand a chance to save you, to twist the timeline in your favour... whatever it might cost me personally."

Steelhaven, Now:
Colin jerked a little more upright and smoothly put the monocle back in its case, "Miss Sierra Bluehill... hum... we will have to speak later... thank you for telling me about Anna..."
He shook his head and looked to Adley, "Ah, I found her in a cell, in her last hour as a Mage... I should rather not discuss it right now, but... she has provided me some important names that I need to pass along to my lawyer. Rope enough to hang themselves, indeed..."

((OOC: Splitting it is fine by me. Already started. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Nicole:

A small, slightly irate sigh at this. 'Do we need to feed them by hand or something?' tone making it fairly clear she didn't like this idea.

"They are tied down to wall fixtures, our choices really are either loosening their bonds or feeding them by hand yes unless you have some other idea Miss?"
Helga said and glanced over at you.

Colin:

Horizon Near Future:

Colin smiled, "With all due respect, your Mentor is likely a wise old man, but in that particular matter, he is simply incorrect - and there are centuries of studies and analyses that prove him wrong."

Victor looked a little insulted.
"My Mentor is a very effective Quesitor Mr Wanwright who have solved many cases and rooted out threats to the Order."
He protested.

He frowned, "Because I pay attention. So many of us see only an enemy, anathema to all we hold as right and true... I see past that, to a frightened, abused person who, likely as not, went into the Caul either under duress or false pretenses. Some Fell in trying to spare someone they loved from torture or worse, some Fell after they had been brainwashed from infancy into believing that it was the right thing to do - and they never really believed that unmaking the world was right until they went into the Caul and had their everything wrung and twisted... And because I have seen evidence - even proof - that a Fallen Avatar can be untwisted and brought back to the Light."

"It is impossible to save the Fallen Mr Wainwright a soul so twisted can not be healed!"
The young Enforcer protested.
"And I guess there can be sympathy for those Nephandi that where coerced into it but no matter how they become Fallen now they are just monsters are they not? They just want to destroy the world."

He nodded, "No, but perfectly and specifically legal at the time... that's why looking at the intent behind the law - the spirit of it - is as important as the letter of the law. Note that I did not say it is more important."

"True perhaps but would not the intent of the law as it was made be to let Englishmen kill others as they pleased with no legal repercussions, and in so doing that archer did follow the spirit of the law when it was written."
Victor commented.

He shook his head, "You are an Officer of the Law; did you become that to protect civilians from criminals, or to protect your colleagues from the consequences of their actions? And how is being a member of House Guernicus a guarantee against his breaking the law? Take your time... No need to answer that today."

"To protect the Order, I became a Quesitor to protect the Order of Hermes Mr Wainwright. However all members of my House are under intense scrutiny I just can not believe that another Quesitor would intentionally be breaking the law."
Victor said in a huff and he frowned.

He shook his head, "Except she won't be Fallen forever. She even provided proof of that from the future - it is submitted as evidence in her trial - so no, her death would not be better. And yes, she did survive... so now it falls to me to do what I can to ensure not only that she remains safe, but that the same thing will not happen to anyone else in a similar situation."

"You are a delusional fool Wainwright everyone knows the Fallen can not be saved."
Nilda scoffed.
"What similar situation needing a medical examination that is needed for prisoners at times you know."

He frowned, "She is... recovering. I've got her an excellent therapist, but it will take time. But, oh, Anna will grow up to be magnificent."

"You have seen that in your visions Mr Wainwright?"
Victor asked then he nodded.
"I hope she will recover soon."

He sighed, "They wouldn't call it torture, as such - but repeated blood drawings from a severely trypanophobic girl with a frail heart... we're still working on the attempted murder charge, trying to make it stick, and that doctor is probably not going to work again."

"Poor thing that must have been traumatic for the kid."
Sierra said and frowned.
"Phobias do kind of suck and especially when someone willingly exploit them, I hoe you get the bastards, be aware that the doctor can be an ripe asshole and he is resourceful so watch your back."

He smiled thinly, "I just told him what I would would do to him if I found evidence he was the one who handed my apprentice off to the Quaesitor and doctor that day. It would be... well, let's just say that his next incarnation would probably have some deep-seated issues with mistreating prisoners..."

That made Sierra grin a little.
"Good the asshole needs to be knocked down a peg or two. I do not know if he was on duty that day though and it was not only him, there where several of them who was in on handing the kid off the the Prosecutor and the doctor."

He sighed, "I shall admit, I did briefly consider it. But unfortunately, they know I know of your medical condition, which would make it murder in their eyes - and I rather need to keep my head intact and still attached to my shoulders."

"That is understandable, just wishful thinking on my part really."
The Nephanda muttered bitterly.

He frowned, "No, you don't want that... unfortunately, while my lawyer is trying to pull a few strings, there's not much that can be done, unless - and even this is not offering much of a chance right now - you can offer good evidence against the infiltrators in our midst, whoever you know to be on the payroll of the Nephandi, and whoever you know to be otherwise compromised. If you do so, there might be a way to save your Avatar, even, if you are willing, to try to guide it back to the light, to undo what was done in the Caul. It is possible, you see, but like everything important, it is difficult and unpleasant; you need to challenge your Avatar on everything - to untwist it, bring it back to Creation instead of Uncreation..."

"It is impossible to untwist a Fallen Avatar, what the Caul do...is quite permanent."
Sierra said and she was quiet for a moment and she looked quite drawn when she thought about the Caul.
"Ehm...but if it will keep you guys from...doing...that...to me I can jump through the hoops and try your method I can try I promise please save my Avatar...please..."
She sobbed then she looked up at you for a moment.
"So you are saying that if I...betray everything I hold dear they might...spare me?"
She ashed bitterly.

He nodded and pocketed the wine gums again, "Obviously, I will have to make some... arrangements for your care - depending on how withdrawn you let yourself become - but I owe you my apprentice's life, and I am not about to give Nilda any satisfaction if I can avoid it."

"Arrangements for my care?"
Sierra asked then she looked down at the floor.
"Thank you I guess though I doubt there will be much point in it, as for your apprentice I only told you where they had taken her..."

He sighed, "I'm not going to leave you alone until they come for you, though. If you prefer, I could recite Heylel Teomim's final speech - I've had to read it a few times, so I wound up memorizing it -

"Heylel Teomim...the alchemist of betrayed his Cabal to the Order of Reason? His final speech before he was...shit I do wonder how anyone would be able to hold a speech when this afraid."
Sierra muttered.

or we could talk about any good books you might have read, or have wanted to read, or, well, we could just sit here and look at one another in an awkward sort of silence. But I would much prefer you would lower your hackles and talk to me rather than give me the silent treatment..."

"I...doubt I am...very good company right now...but I guess we can talk about...something though everything seams pointless...I just do not want to loose my Avatar."
The Nephands whispered and she curled up more and cried softly.

He laid a warm hand on her shoulder, looking straight into her eyes, "I can remember in the past what you tell me today, so i can change the future... Right now, even as I sit here with you on Horizon, I am standing over your sleeping body in Boston, as you are handcuffed to the radiator on the day we captured you.

Sierra jumped when you touched her then she settled down a little and looked up at you.
"I remember that radiator and the day I was captured...I had been up all night and I was so tired and scared, that blue eyes Hermetic who handled me as we went though the Umbra tried to be kind to me...but say what you are saying here is true...how can anything I say help my case in any way?"

I don't know you, but I know you will be important to me, if only as the person who helped me save Anna a few days ago, and I am compelled to do what I can to protect you from harm... but even so, my direct influence is severely limited, however much my star is rising owing to some generous contributions to the Traditions. If you give me enough to work with, I stand a chance to save you, to twist the timeline in your favour... whatever it might cost me personally."

"I but...I..."
The terrified Nephanda whimpered.
"If I give up those I know who are Nephandi working in the Traditions and Traditionalists on our payroll, not that I know that many can you...save my Avatar with that? I do not want to give up my Labyrinth...they are my friend and family I do not want to get them killed or worse, and you would really help someone for simply telling you where your apprentice have been taken?"
She asked, tears still rolled down her cheeks and every sound made her jump.

Steelhaven now:

Colin jerked a little more upright and smoothly put the monocle back in its case, "Miss Sierra Bluehill... hum... we will have to speak later... thank you for telling me about Anna..."

Sierra slept peacefully bound to the radiator her chest rising and falling evenly she did not hear what you said to her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 pm

"There are five Mr Yager, the three you have met as well as Diego...and Mr Bergen a man who betrayed Steelhaven to the Nephandi."
Helga said and scowled deeply.

"Mr. Bergen.....that name sounds familiar." Serge said slowly, trying to remember where he had heard that particular last name before.

"Is he, by any chance, a member of the Cult of Ecstasy? Perhaps a part of the Hagalaz faction?" Serge asked remembering his talk with Hannah and the Chief.

Nicole wrote:'Hmm?... oh, the usual stuff, y'know...' she replied in an offhand manner, a slight frown when the fact that Serge didn't know sank in. 'Didn't see no cool stuff at first, no way. In fact, it was so fucking dull that damn close to walking, I was. It was like being drawn in to the movie theatre with a killer film poster and review, only to discover after handing over the green it's actually "The History of Banking Regulations", goes on for eight hours, they've locked the doors and the seat you're in was designed for someone with no legs.'

"That's a very vivid description." Serge said chuckling at the idea of Nicole being lured into a boring movie using misleading movie posters. He did give Nicole a sideways glance, realizing that she had brushed aside his original question.

"Still it can't have been boring 24/7. Their must've been some times when you enjoyed it?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Colin jerked a little more upright and smoothly put the monocle back in its case, "Miss Sierra Bluehill... hum... we will have to speak later... thank you for telling me about Anna..." He shook his head and looked to Adley, "Ah, I found her in a cell, in her last hour as a Mage... I should rather not discuss it right now, but... she has provided me some important names that I need to pass along to my lawyer. Rope enough to hang themselves, indeed..."

He raised his eyebrow as his friend suddenly seemed to come back, almost as if he'd had an out of body experience, sending his energy body out into the world. Well, he supposed it was something not quite like that at all..."Bluehill...yes, let's discuss this in private, amicus. Perhaps in the Cheif's quarters, he is expecting me, would suit?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
Victor looked a little insulted.
"My Mentor is a very effective Quesitor Mr Wanwright who have solved many cases and rooted out threats to the Order."
He protested.
Colin smiled, "No offense was intended - nor any slight to his achievements - but I am willing to wager good silver on the assumption that most of those cases were solved not by torturing information from prisoners, but by acquiring and assessing evidence and witness testimonies..."

"It is impossible to save the Fallen Mr Wainwright a soul so twisted can not be healed!"
The young Enforcer protested.
"And I guess there can be sympathy for those Nephandi that where coerced into it but no matter how they become Fallen now they are just monsters are they not? They just want to destroy the world."
He shook his head, "A convenient truism used to justify routine Gilgul of Fallen Avatars - a strategy that diminishes us all and plays straight into the Nephandi's hands. Restoration is not only possible, it has happened and will happen again. But it requires the Fallen Mage in question to do the work - the Caul's desecration of the soul is not something even a circle of Spirit Masters could easily do... perhaps if Heylel Teomim worked in concert with Master Cita Telar and Master Ir, the three of them could quite literally unravel an inverted Avatar, but unfortunately, that's not really possible... so we must fall back on Miss Florentine's method. And not all Nephandi actively seek to destroy the world. There's one in Chicago, several thousand years old, who is content to wait for the inevitable entropic conclusion of everything, without interfering. Oh, I won't pretend the Jade Demon doesn't easily qualify as a monster, but he is at least a monster that won't stir unless provoked."

"True perhaps but would not the intent of the law as it was made be to let Englishmen kill others as they pleased with no legal repercussions, and in so doing that archer did follow the spirit of the law when it was written."
Victor commented.
He chuckled, "I'm given to understand the law was written at a time when England had trouble with raiders from Wales - England has no constitution, but primarily a complex set of added laws and legal precedents dating back to the twelfth century; in fact, the system of precedent is very similar to that of Tradition law, as far as I can tell - and the spirit of the law when written would most likely have been to allow the peasantry to defend themselves from raiders with deadly force without legal repercussions..."

"To protect the Order, I became a Quesitor to protect the Order of Hermes Mr Wainwright. However all members of my House are under intense scrutiny I just can not believe that another Quesitor would intentionally be breaking the law."
Victor said in a huff and he frowned.
He frowned, "I am really sorry for what you will learn in the near future... House Guernicus was founded on great ideals, but as with every mortal organization, there will be those who do not hold the founder's ideals in as high esteem as they should... Protecting the Order is a noble task, but remember, internal threats can be more deadly, and harder to spot than external ones..."

"You are a delusional fool Wainwright everyone knows the Fallen can not be saved."
Nilda scoffed.
"What similar situation needing a medical examination that is needed for prisoners at times you know."
He narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, "What everyone knows is surprisingly often wrong. I have a physical piece of ephemera to prove that Fallen can, indeed, be saved, verified as such by Master George Steelhaven Hermes ex Guernicus. What proof do you possess?"

"You have seen that in your visions Mr Wainwright?"
Victor asked then he nodded.
"I hope she will recover soon."
He smiled smugly, "Her future self visited a couple of months ago, during the Boston Troubles, a leap fifty years or so back in time to deliver a gift... So not merely my visions. But yes, she will get back on the path to recovery fairly soon."

"Poor thing that must have been traumatic for the kid."
Sierra said and frowned.
"Phobias do kind of suck and especially when someone willingly exploit them, I hoe you get the bastards, be aware that the doctor can be an ripe asshole and he is resourceful so watch your back."
He grinned, "Well, it does help that we were waiting for them to pull a stupid stunt like that - we just didn't know precisely who would do it... I suspect most of his resources are quite busy burning bridges, actually."

That made Sierra grin a little.
"Good the asshole needs to be knocked down a peg or two. I do not know if he was on duty that day though and it was not only him, there where several of them who was in on handing the kid off the the Prosecutor and the doctor."
He nodded, "We've got ongoing investigations... Filing the complaint is one thing, but it's not very helpful without names to put to the offense."

"That is understandable, just wishful thinking on my part really."
The Nephanda muttered bitterly.
He sighed, "I'm sorry, but it's one thing I can't do for you now. If the pain of living on afterwards gets too much, though... I can promise I will take care of you."

"It is impossible to untwist a Fallen Avatar, what the Caul do...is quite permanent."
Sierra said and she was quiet for a moment and she looked quite drawn when she thought about the Caul.
"Ehm...but if it will keep you guys from...doing...that...to me I can jump through the hoops and try your method I can try I promise please save my Avatar...please..."
She sobbed then she looked up at you for a moment.
"So you are saying that if I...betray everything I hold dear they might...spare me?"
She ashed bitterly.
He nodded, "The Caul's damage is extensive... but it can be reversed. I don't know why you went into it when you did, but... something tells me you were either tricked or pressured. Threats against a loved one, perhaps? Or perhaps you made a friend who suggested some interesting alternative philosophies, and all of a sudden you had been hanging around with a Nephandus for months or years, and if you did not enter the Caul, they would cheerfully turn you in to the Traditions to be, well... suffice to say, the Fallen use a few cheap tricks for recruitment, and they've gotten very good at them. But I'm quite certain you did not believe the world was completely rotten and in need of unmaking before you came out of that... oversized set of lady bits."
He frowned, "It's possible, if we can move quickly enough... but not very probable this late. Had I been able to locate you sooner, I might have had a chance to do more... But it is certainly worth the attempt, if only to stall."

"Arrangements for my care?"
Sierra asked then she looked down at the floor.
"Thank you I guess though I doubt there will be much point in it, as for your apprentice I only told you where they had taken her..."
He nodded, "A nurse, if necessary, and of course accommodations... And perhaps, just perhaps, I could arrange for a Mentor for you, someone to train you Linearly... I might know a few people who can help."

"Heylel Teomim...the alchemist of betrayed his Cabal to the Order of Reason? His final speech before he was...shit I do wonder how anyone would be able to hold a speech when this afraid."
Sierra muttered.
He nodded, "The very one. If ever anyone deserved Gilgul, I suppose they were it... They were brilliant, arrogant, essentially the original Magnificent Bastard by all accounts..."

"I...doubt I am...very good company right now...but I guess we can talk about...something though everything seams pointless...I just do not want to loose my Avatar."
The Nephands whispered and she curled up more and cried softly.
He sighed softly, "I did not come to seek good company. I came to offer it. And I can promise this, if stalling is impossible, I will be there to help you up afterwards... I will be there to pick up the pieces."

Sierra jumped when you touched her then she settled down a little and looked up at you.
"I remember that radiator and the day I was captured...I had been up all night and I was so tired and scared, that blue eyes Hermetic who handled me as we went though the Umbra tried to be kind to me...but say what you are saying here is true...how can anything I say help my case in any way?"
He smiled, "Blue eyes, and a complete lack of indoor voice? That would be my Cabalmate. And how can anything you say help? If you tell me something to gain your confidence two months ago, something you've told no-one else, something that can convince you to cooperate with me, we can shift the outcome of your trial, possibly get it reduced to a Branding and a chance to return to the Light. But that won't be possible without your sincere cooperation - the Seekings needed to help your Avatar find its way back are painful, exhausting... and insincere efforts will gain nothing."

"I but...I..."
The terrified Nephanda whimpered.
"If I give up those I know who are Nephandi working in the Traditions and Traditionalists on our payroll, not that I know that many can you...save my Avatar with that? I do not want to give up my Labyrinth...they are my friend and family I do not want to get them killed or worse, and you would really help someone for simply telling you where your apprentice have been taken?"
She asked, tears still rolled down her cheeks and every sound made her jump.
He nodded, "If I can bring your testimony up in time, it might be able to at least postpone your sentence, pending investigation. And I would help anyone save themselves, if they're willing to accept my help - but such help can't come without sacrifice. It's a long shot, but I'm willing to try, if you are. Besides... I know how Gilgul feels; I've shared in the memory of another who experienced it... I would not wish it on anyone else, friend or foe..."

Steelhaven, Now:
He raised his eyebrow as his friend suddenly seemed to come back, almost as if he'd had an out of body experience, sending his energy body out into the world. Well, he supposed it was something not quite like that at all..."Bluehill...yes, let's discuss this in private, amicus. Perhaps in the Cheif's quarters, he is expecting me, would suit?"
He nodded, "Yes, he is expecting me, too. We should hurry."
He shook his head slightly and headed for the stairs.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:49 pm

He nodded, "Yes, he is expecting me, too. We should hurry." He shook his head slightly and headed for the stairs.

He nodded, giving Colin a concerned look and then turned to follow him. He lagged a bit but it was not as if he did not know where he was going...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:50 am

Serge:

"Mr. Bergen.....that name sounds familiar." Serge said slowly, trying to remember where he had heard that particular last name before.

"Is he, by any chance, a member of the Cult of Ecstasy? Perhaps a part of the Hagalaz faction?" Serge asked remembering his talk with Hannah and the Chief.

"That is the man, do you know him?"
Ty asked as he handed a bowl of soup to Helga, he frowned a bit though, betrayal in their ranks had cut deeply at Steelhaven and everyone where upset about it.

Colin:

Horizon Near Future:

Colin smiled, "No offense was intended - nor any slight to his achievements - but I am willing to wager good silver on the assumption that most of those cases were solved not by torturing information from prisoners, but by acquiring and assessing evidence and witness testimonies..."

"That is true enough most of the cases where solved as you say Sir but torture do work if it did not why would so many governments, our own included still be using it?"
Victor said and he raised an eyebrow still not convinced of your claim nor that you had not intended some slight towards his Mentor.

He shook his head, "A convenient truism used to justify routine Gilgul of Fallen Avatars - a strategy that diminishes us all and plays straight into the Nephandi's hands. Restoration is not only possible, it has happened and will happen again. But it requires the Fallen Mage in question to do the work - the Caul's desecration of the soul is not something even a circle of Spirit Masters could easily do... perhaps if Heylel Teomim worked in concert with Master Cita Telar and Master Ir, the three of them could quite literally unravel an inverted Avatar, but unfortunately, that's not really possible...

"Master Telar is that Virtual Adept who made the Heart of Horizon right an Master Ir that Nephandus it is to dangerous to Gilgul so he lives at a Chantry now? Them and Thoabath working together sounds like quite an unholy trinity. But no unless you can show me a cleansed former Fallen I am sorry Sir but I am not going to believe what you claim here."
The young Enforcer said and shook his head.

so we must fall back on Miss Florentine's method. And not all Nephandi actively seek to destroy the world. There's one in Chicago, several thousand years old, who is content to wait for the inevitable entropic conclusion of everything, without interfering. Oh, I won't pretend the Jade Demon doesn't easily qualify as a monster, but he is at least a monster that won't stir unless provoked."

"Who is this Miss Florentine? The Jade Demon? I can not claim to know of him really but a several thousand year old Nephandus that sounds really terrifying. He still want the world to be destroyed though from what you say even if he do not take an active part in it."

He chuckled, "I'm given to understand the law was written at a time when England had trouble with raiders from Wales - England has no constitution, but primarily a complex set of added laws and legal precedents dating back to the twelfth century; in fact, the system of precedent is very similar to that of Tradition law, as far as I can tell - and the spirit of the law when written would most likely have been to allow the peasantry to defend themselves from raiders with deadly force without legal repercussions..."

"That do sound a little but similar to our laws yes."
Victor said then he nodded.
"You may be right about the spirit of the law in this case Mr Wainwright."

He frowned, "I am really sorry for what you will learn in the near future... House Guernicus was founded on great ideals, but as with every mortal organization, there will be those who do not hold the founder's ideals in as high esteem as they should... Protecting the Order is a noble task, but remember, internal threats can be more deadly, and harder to spot than external ones..."

Victor gave you and angry, insulted look and just snorted.
"If that is what you believe Sir, well if you would please follow me to the cells."
He said and marched on just trying to to make a rude comeback to what he saw as an insult to his House.

He narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, "What everyone knows is surprisingly often wrong. I have a physical piece of ephemera to prove that Fallen can, indeed, be saved, verified as such by Master George Steelhaven Hermes ex Guernicus. What proof do you possess?"

"I am sure such a thing can be faked, if it was real and presented before the Council it would be so big news everyone would have heard about it, my knowledge is based on common knowledge so keep your hippie illusions to yourself Orphan!"
Nilda said dismissively and scoffed at you.

He smiled smugly, "Her future self visited a couple of months ago, during the Boston Troubles, a leap fifty years or so back in time to deliver a gift... So not merely my visions. But yes, she will get back on the path to recovery fairly soon."

"Hum...time travel hurts my head...but good then...that the girl will be okey I mean."
Victor said and scratched his head.

He grinned, "Well, it does help that we were waiting for them to pull a stupid stunt like that - we just didn't know precisely who would do it... I suspect most of his resources are quite busy burning bridges, actually."

"If you where waiting for it, could you not have stopped it or protected the kid better?"
Sierra asked.

He nodded, "We've got ongoing investigations... Filing the complaint is one thing, but it's not very helpful without names to put to the offense."

"I gave you the name of the doctor and the Prosecutor though the latter you probably already knoew."
The Nephanda said and sigh.

He sighed, "I'm sorry, but it's one thing I can't do for you now. If the pain of living on afterwards gets too much, though... I can promise I will take care of you."

The prisoner looked at you sadly then she looked away.
"I guess there are some comfort in that Mr Wainwright, but by then my Avatar will be dead and there will be no point in life, or death."

He nodded, "The Caul's damage is extensive... but it can be reversed. I don't know why you went into it when you did, but... something tells me you were either tricked or pressured. Threats against a loved one, perhaps? Or perhaps you made a friend who suggested some interesting alternative philosophies, and all of a sudden you had been hanging around with a Nephandus for months or years, and if you did not enter the Caul, they would cheerfully turn you in to the Traditions to be, well... suffice to say, the Fallen use a few cheap tricks for recruitment, and they've gotten very good at them. But I'm quite certain you did not believe the world was completely rotten and in need of unmaking before you came out of that... oversized set of lady bits."

"If you need to rationalize some noble sacrifice on my part then sure but no I joined for power...I wanted to protect my Cabal against the Union and...the Nephandi offered that power...but once I had been in...the Caul my world view changed I..."
Sierra turned away bitterly.
"I do not like talking about it Traditionalist!"

He frowned, "It's possible, if we can move quickly enough... but not very probable this late. Had I been able to locate you sooner, I might have had a chance to do more... But it is certainly worth the attempt, if only to stall."

The Nephanda started crying again she was so terrified and she was still hyperventilating and she looked like she might faint at any moment.
"O...ok if you think there is a chance...I will not betray my Labyrinth, but anything else you want to know...ask your questions then..."
She whispered.

He nodded, "A nurse, if necessary, and of course accommodations... And perhaps, just perhaps, I could arrange for a Mentor for you, someone to train you Linearly... I might know a few people who can help."

"You want me to become a hedge wizard?"
Sierra spat and fresh tears rolled down her cheeks.
"I...well I guess it is something but I am not sure what is worse, no magick at all, or practicing some pale imitation knowing I can never again use the real thing."

He nodded, "The very one. If ever anyone deserved Gilgul, I suppose they were it... They were brilliant, arrogant, essentially the original Magnificent Bastard by all accounts..."

"I do not really know much about the guy...guys whatever they where...I am not sure anyone deserve this though."
Sierra muttered bitterly.

He sighed softly, "I did not come to seek good company. I came to offer it. And I can promise this, if stalling is impossible, I will be there to help you up afterwards... I will be there to pick up the pieces."

"There will not be any pieces to pick up but...thank you."
Sierra said and she looked down at the floor and whimpered in fear.
"Will it hurt as much as they say? W...will it take long?"
She asked hesitantly.

He smiled, "Blue eyes, and a complete lack of indoor voice?

"That would be the one."

That would be my Cabalmate. And how can anything you say help? If you tell me something to gain your confidence two months ago, something you've told no-one else, something that can convince you to cooperate with me, we can shift the outcome of your trial, possibly get it reduced to a Branding and a chance to return to the Light. But that won't be possible without your sincere cooperation - the Seekings needed to help your Avatar find its way back are painful, exhausting... and insincere efforts will gain nothing."

"I can be sincere though I have no belief in this claim you are making that a Fallen Avatar can be cleansed nor do I wish to be cleansed there is nothing wrong with my Avatar, nothing!"
Sierra muttered then she sigh.
"But if it means it gets to live I will do anything."
She hesitated then she said.
"Something that could have only come from me...hum...The Lord of the Labyrinth's own apprentice came onto me in the hallways of the place, he tried to drag me into his room...I defended myself and by accident managed to push him into one of the wall mouths...it ate him alive. The Labyrinth have been looking for the guy for months and our leader thinks one of the other Factions got him, I have been terrified of it being discovered since then, if the Labyrinth leader finds out I killed his apprentice I am done, my death with be legendary for it's brutality."
Sierra said in a whisper and she shuddered as she spoke.

He nodded, "If I can bring your testimony up in time, it might be able to at least postpone your sentence, pending investigation. And I would help anyone save themselves, if they're willing to accept my help - but such help can't come without sacrifice. It's a long shot, but I'm willing to try, if you are. Besides... I know how Gilgul feels; I've shared in the memory of another who experienced it... I would not wish it on anyone else, friend or foe..."

"That...bad eh?"
Sieraa muttered bitterly.
"Ok if you think it might save my Avatar ask your questions Traditionalist and I will see which one I am able to answer."

Steelhaven Now Colin and Adley:

The two of you got up to the Chief's office, there where few people in the hallway just Dion walking up the stairs, she gave you both a nod before she hurried up to the second floor a sad look on her face. You knock on the door to the Chief's office and the old mage opened the door and glanced out.
"Mea filius...Mr Wainwright, please come in."
He said and stepped to the side to the two of you could do so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:43 am

"That is the man, do you know him?"
Ty asked as he handed a bowl of soup to Helga, he frowned a bit though, betrayal in their ranks had cut deeply at Steelhaven and everyone where upset about it.

"Not personally. I sort of figured it out. I may have just drawn his.....child's mother. Some freaky trap-maker who's within Lisa Larson's inner circle." Serge said, not sure if the red-haired Norwegian was actually Mr. Bergen's wife.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:30 am

The two of you got up to the Chief's office, there where few people in the hallway just Dion walking up the stairs, she gave you both a nod before she hurried up to the second floor a sad look on her face. You knock on the door to the Chief's office and the old mage opened the door and glanced out. "Mea filius...Mr Wainwright, please come in."

He nodded to Ms Dion as she passed, recalling that the bad news must have come to her about what had happened to some of theirs during the last attack. As the door opened, he walked in after Colin and shut the door. "May I put the coffee pot on for some boiling water, sir?" he requested.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:44 am

Serge;

"Not personally. I sort of figured it out. I may have just drawn his.....child's mother. Some freaky trap-maker who's within Lisa Larson's inner circle." Serge said, not sure if the red-haired Norwegian was actually Mr. Bergen's wife.

"Hum I see I heard about that, how Mr Bergen's kid got kidnapped and that is why he betrayed us. I guess I can sympathize with that, if something happened to my little brother I would be devastated but his betrayal still stings he should have told us what was going on and asked for help and not worked with the Nephandi."
Ty grumbled.
"I personally find it a worse crime that he struck Miss Day though."
He said and glanced up at the Hollower who looked away.
"I am quite alright I assure you."
She commented though she did look angry.

Adley:

He nodded to Ms Dion as she passed, recalling that the bad news must have come to her about what had happened to some of theirs during the last attack. As the door opened, he walked in after Colin and shut the door. "May I put the coffee pot on for some boiling water, sir?" he requested.

You see that Richard was already in the office, the Akashic gave you a polite nod. Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Off course but it will taste coffee of the water, if you need some water boiled mea filius I can just boil some for you, how much do you need?"
Your Mentor said as he found a bottle of fresh water from the shelf.
"I am just finishing things up with Dr Lee and would like a word with Mr Wainwright as well but it is not a private matter and should not take long."
He informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 am

Serge's Post:

'Yeah... when another noticed how close I was to jacking it all in, that what I was being put through was all wrong. "Only a technician" my ass; old Zel was the smartest person there.' ending with a respectful nod.

Anja's Post:

A short silence, then a shrug of resignation.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:49 am

Helga sigh.
"If you would prefer standing guard while I, Ty and Miss Day feed the prisoners that is fine by my I do not particularly mind feeding them, other than that asshole Diego that is he can starve for all I care however letting him go without food would not be to nice now would it."
Helga muttered and frowned. Ty shook his head.
"I will deal with Diego I am not letting a woman close to him."
Helga gave her Cabalmate a stern look.
"Do I look like some delicate flower to you Ty?"
The Akashic sigh.
"No but even so I am not letting you close to him Helga..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"That is true enough most of the cases where solved as you say Sir but torture do work if it did not why would so many governments, our own included still be using it?"
Victor said and he raised an eyebrow still not convinced of your claim nor that you had not intended some slight towards his Mentor.
Colin frowned, "Because most of the governments still using torture care less about finding the truth, and more about getting someone punished for a crime, preferably with an extorted confession, whether truthful or not... Most civilized countries don't actually accept confessions or testimony acquired through torture as evidence in a trial."

"Master Telar is that Virtual Adept who made the Heart of Horizon right an Master Ir that Nephandus it is to dangerous to Gilgul so he lives at a Chantry now? Them and Thoabath working together sounds like quite an unholy trinity. But no unless you can show me a cleansed former Fallen I am sorry Sir but I am not going to believe what you claim here."
The young Enforcer said and shook his head.
He smiled wryly, "An unholy trinity might be going a bit far - a dangerous one, to be certain, and one where mistakes could have ridiculously destructive consequences - but no, I suppose it is a good thing, on the whole, that that particular team can never be assembled... As for the cleansed Fallen, well... we're working on it; I will be happy to introduce you later."

"Who is this Miss Florentine? The Jade Demon? I can not claim to know of him really but a several thousand year old Nephandus that sounds really terrifying. He still want the world to be destroyed though from what you say even if he do not take an active part in it."
He frowned, "Miss Florentine was the first widderslainte I heard of who managed to restore her Avatar. Unfortunately, there was a mistrial and things were swept under the rug. But we're piecing things together again to repeat the miracle... As for the Jade Demon, we met in the battle against the other Labyrinth in Chicago - a most polite gentleman, but he quite literally radiates power, and I'm not afraid to admit I was terrified when I spoke with him. It turned out he and his household attacked Abigail at the same time as we did, so we... parted cordially afterwards with a hope to never meet again under different circumstances."

"That do sound a little but similar to our laws yes."
Victor said then he nodded.
"You may be right about the spirit of the law in this case Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "I may indeed be right about the spirit of the law. But of course, I may also be wrong about it, and it was indeed written as a vindictive act against the Welsh. Either way, it was not a good law to keep in the books..."

Victor gave you and angry, insulted look and just snorted.
"If that is what you believe Sir, well if you would please follow me to the cells."
He said and marched on just trying to to make a rude comeback to what he saw as an insult to his House.
He smiled sadly, "My country, right or wrong - when right, to keep it right, and when wrong, to set it right... I say this as a warning; no organization, however noble, is immune to corruption - but a vigilant organization has a better chance of stopping corruption quickly. That goes for the Traditions as a whole, that goes for the Order of Hermes, and for each House under the Order... That is not a critique against House Guernicus or the Order, it is a depressing observation on human nature..."

"I am sure such a thing can be faked, if it was real and presented before the Council it would be so big news everyone would have heard about it, my knowledge is based on common knowledge so keep your hippie illusions to yourself Orphan!"
Nilda said dismissively and scoffed at you.
He smiled, ever so thinly, "Do tell, how would one fake a piece of Ephemera - a fragment of an Avatar - in such a way that it appears pristine where the Avatar itself is presently Fallen? No matter, the news might not have spread that far by jungle telegraph yet, but... well, perhaps by the end of the week."

"Hum...time travel hurts my head...but good then...that the girl will be okey I mean."
Victor said and scratched his head.
He smiled wryly, "I'm afraid time travel hurts time travelers worse, especially the ones going backwards. Paradox is not fond of such things, even when the temporal loops are stable..."

"If you where waiting for it, could you not have stopped it or protected the kid better?"
Sierra asked.
He shook his head, frowning, "The forces of evil are persistent. Much as I hate myself for letting it happen like it did... it was inevitable that they would try something of the sort. Knowing the how and where in advance allowed us to set a trap where we could react in time to save Anna. If we protected her from that... if we stopped that attempt prematurely, we might never have reached her in time."

"I gave you the name of the doctor and the Prosecutor though the latter you probably already knoew."
The Nephanda said and sigh.
He nodded, "And I'm not expecting you to know every guard here by name - like i said, we're investigating - cross-referencing guard schedules, that sort of thing."

The prisoner looked at you sadly then she looked away.
"I guess there are some comfort in that Mr Wainwright, but by then my Avatar will be dead and there will be no point in life, or death."
He frowned, "I trust you know of House Mercere... They are quite good at finding and creating purpose in life, especially those who have... well, walked the Founder's path. It would be an end, not necessarily the end..."

"If you need to rationalize some noble sacrifice on my part then sure but no I joined for power...I wanted to protect my Cabal against the Union and...the Nephandi offered that power...but once I had been in...the Caul my world view changed I..."
Sierra turned away bitterly.
"I do not like talking about it Traditionalist!"
He nodded, "Well, I will admit that's not the usual sob story - but all the same, your intent was noble, if ill informed..."

The Nephanda started crying again she was so terrified and she was still hyperventilating and she looked like she might faint at any moment.
"O...ok if you think there is a chance...I will not betray my Labyrinth, but anything else you want to know...ask your questions then..."
She whispered.
He nodded, "I'll not ask about your Labyrinth's location or inhabitants, but... what can you tell me about those on your payroll among the Traditions?"

"You want me to become a hedge wizard?"
Sierra spat and fresh tears rolled down her cheeks.
"I...well I guess it is something but I am not sure what is worse, no magick at all, or practicing some pale imitation knowing I can never again use the real thing."
He tilted his head to the side, "I'm putting it on the table. If you want to pursue that path after... I will help you in that pursuit."

"I do not really know much about the guy...guys whatever they where...I am not sure anyone deserve this though."
Sierra muttered bitterly.
He frowned, "They had delusions of being a Messiah, and betrayed the First Cabal to the precursors of the Technocracy... their beloved partner was tortured to the point where she gave up magic, and several of their Cabalmates were killed as well... A betrayal of that scope was perhaps necessary to shock the Traditions into banding together, but... it was no less wrong, and they deserved every piece of punishment they received."

"There will not be any pieces to pick up but...thank you."
Sierra said and she looked down at the floor and whimpered in fear.
"Will it hurt as much as they say? W...will it take long?"
She asked hesitantly.
He smiled sadly, "There are always pieces to pick up... and yes, it will hurt as much, and it will take forever, until it suddenly stops. If you wish, though, I will be there to steady you."

"I can be sincere though I have no belief in this claim you are making that a Fallen Avatar can be cleansed nor do I wish to be cleansed there is nothing wrong with my Avatar, nothing!"
Sierra muttered then she sigh.
"But if it means it gets to live I will do anything."
She hesitated then she said.
"Something that could have only come from me...hum...The Lord of the Labyrinth's own apprentice came onto me in the hallways of the place, he tried to drag me into his room...I defended myself and by accident managed to push him into one of the wall mouths...it ate him alive. The Labyrinth have been looking for the guy for months and our leader thinks one of the other Factions got him, I have been terrified of it being discovered since then, if the Labyrinth leader finds out I killed his apprentice I am done, my death with be legendary for it's brutality."
Sierra said in a whisper and she shuddered as she spoke.
He arched an eyebrow, "You pushed the Gilledian's... Oh, dear. I would probably laugh if it weren't such a gruesome end. I just hope the poor Labyrinth creature didn't contract indigestion from it. Hum, it does remind me a little of what happened to Violator of Rats - he decided to take advantage of the Labyrinth's... features. His death was slow and undignified when... bits were bitten off... Hum, I will see what I do for you with this knowledge in the past."

"That...bad eh?"
Sieraa muttered bitterly.
"Ok if you think it might save my Avatar ask your questions Traditionalist and I will see which one I am able to answer."
He nodded, "That bad... Let's see, how long has that doctor been on your payroll, do you know?"

Steelhaven, Now:
The two of you got up to the Chief's office, there where few people in the hallway just Dion walking up the stairs, she gave you both a nod before she hurried up to the second floor a sad look on her face. You knock on the door to the Chief's office and the old mage opened the door and glanced out.
"Mea filius...Mr Wainwright, please come in."
He said and stepped to the side to the two of you could do so.
You see that Richard was already in the office, the Akashic gave you a polite nod. Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Off course but it will taste coffee of the water, if you need some water boiled mea filius I can just boil some for you, how much do you need?"
Your Mentor said as he found a bottle of fresh water from the shelf.
"I am just finishing things up with Dr Lee and would like a word with Mr Wainwright as well but it is not a private matter and should not take long."
He informed you.
He nodded politely to Dion, "Miss Blackwell, all is well?"
He bowed lightly to Morgan, "Sir, I expect Dr. Lee has largely filled you in on what happened, including the... complications?"
He sighed and glanced sideways at Adley, "I fear just filling your mug with water will do - it may come to boil on its own..."

((OOC: Ack, a bit rushed toward the end - I'm off to dinner with the outinlaws. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Horizon Near Future:

Colin frowned, "Because most of the governments still using torture care less about finding the truth, and more about getting someone punished for a crime, preferably with an extorted confession, whether truthful or not... Most civilized countries don't actually accept confessions or testimony acquired through torture as evidence in a trial."

Victor still looked doubtful.
"I see Mr Wainwright well far be it for me to argue against your ideas but I just do not see that working, at times you have to use force to get information out of a prisoner."

He smiled wryly, "An unholy trinity might be going a bit far - a dangerous one, to be certain, and one where mistakes could have ridiculously destructive consequences - but no, I suppose it is a good thing, on the whole, that that particular team can never be assembled... As for the cleansed Fallen, well... we're working on it; I will be happy to introduce you later."

"Lucky indeed. Well as I said if ever I see proof of Nephandi being cleansed then I will believe it Sir but not before."
The young Enforcer said and frowned.

He frowned, "Miss Florentine was the first widderslainte I heard of who managed to restore her Avatar. Unfortunately, there was a mistrial and things were swept under the rug.

"A mistrial? I do not understand where she executed or something and had bad representation?"
Victor asked and he raised an eyebrow.

But we're piecing things together again to repeat the miracle...

The young guard just gave you a doubtful look he was just not buying it.

As for the Jade Demon, we met in the battle against the other Labyrinth in Chicago - a most polite gentleman, but he quite literally radiates power, and I'm not afraid to admit I was terrified when I spoke with him. It turned out he and his household attacked Abigail at the same time as we did, so we... parted cordially afterwards with a hope to never meet again under different circumstances."

"You met a several thousand years old Nephandus Mr Wainwright...fuck I would have pissed...ehm sorry language anyway damn I do not fault you for being terrified, and he just let your group leave and did not attack you or anything? Why would he be going after a Labyrinth by the way are they not all Nephandi?"
Victor asked and he looked rather shocked.

He nodded, "I may indeed be right about the spirit of the law. But of course, I may also be wrong about it, and it was indeed written as a vindictive act against the Welsh. Either way, it was not a good law to keep in the books..."

"I agree it was not a good law Sir."
He said and frowned again.

He smiled sadly, "My country, right or wrong - when right, to keep it right, and when wrong, to set it right... I say this as a warning; no organization, however noble, is immune to corruption - but a vigilant organization has a better chance of stopping corruption quickly. That goes for the Traditions as a whole, that goes for the Order of Hermes, and for each House under the Order... That is not a critique against House Guernicus or the Order, it is a depressing observation on human nature..."

The young Enforcer still looked rather insulted.
"If you wish to make such claims please send a letter to my House's Prima, now if you would follow me Sir?"
He said with strained politeness.

He smiled, ever so thinly, "Do tell, how would one fake a piece of Ephemera - a fragment of an Avatar - in such a way that it appears pristine where the Avatar itself is presently Fallen? No matter, the news might not have spread that far by jungle telegraph yet, but... well, perhaps by the end of the week."

"I have no idea how it was done Wainwright then again nor can I build a TV that do not mean they do not exist, now stop sprouting nonsense."
Nilda scoffed.

He smiled wryly, "I'm afraid time travel hurts time travelers worse, especially the ones going backwards. Paradox is not fond of such things, even when the temporal loops are stable..."

"You may be right about that Sir, hopefully it will not be to bad a backlash for you."
Victor said in a strained tone of voice he was still insulted by the earlier conversation.

He shook his head, frowning, "The forces of evil are persistent. Much as I hate myself for letting it happen like it did... it was inevitable that they would try something of the sort. Knowing the how and where in advance allowed us to set a trap where we could react in time to save Anna. If we protected her from that... if we stopped that attempt prematurely, we might never have reached her in time."

"Yeah I guess that makes sense. Why would those on our payroll want the girl dead though? I mean sure they would rather see a dead Nephandus than a Gilgulled one widderslainte children are useful but they do not actively try to kill the rest of us."
Sierra said and frowned.

He nodded, "And I'm not expecting you to know every guard here by name - like i said, we're investigating - cross-referencing guard schedules, that sort of thing."

She just nodded at that.
"I think I heard Nilda's voice but I can't be sure."
She informed you.

He frowned, "I trust you know of House Mercere... They are quite good at finding and creating purpose in life, especially those who have... well, walked the Founder's path. It would be an end, not necessarily the end..."

"Being a servant to the Traditions and delivering mail to those who hurt me do not sound very tempting Mr Wainwright."
Sierra said bitterly and more tears rolled down her cheeks.

He nodded, "Well, I will admit that's not the usual sob story - but all the same, your intent was noble, if ill informed..."

The Nephanda scoffed.
"Well it is what it is."

He nodded, "I'll not ask about your Labyrinth's location or inhabitants, but... what can you tell me about those on your payroll among the Traditions?"

"Very well, I do not know about many I mean that would be stupid if we all knew of all the agents...I know of a pair of Quesitors the D'Angelo siblings they worked for Larson, then there is the Doctor, a member of the Security Council named Ivan Hedil, a member of Chantry Riverside a Dreamspeaker by the name of Alma Bellva those are the ones I know of."
Sierra muttered and looked away.
"I know of one thing that could be useful though, you say you travel in time if that is true I know the Traditions lost seven members against Wallace Jace before he was taken down, Larson's second in command, including one of the Deacons of Steelhaven Hall, if I could give you information about where you could find a strong arcane connection to Mr Jace in the past when it was still relevant, would that be of value to you? Enough value to save my Avatar?"
She asked and looked at you.
"Perhaps you will not loose that many this time."

He tilted his head to the side, "I'm putting it on the table. If you want to pursue that path after... I will help you in that pursuit."

Sierra looked rather lost and sad then she sigh and nodded.
"T....thank you...I guess it is better...than nothing."
She muttered but she looked rather hopeless.

He frowned, "They had delusions of being a Messiah, and betrayed the First Cabal to the precursors of the Technocracy... their beloved partner was tortured to the point where she gave up magic, and several of their Cabalmates were killed as well... A betrayal of that scope was perhaps necessary to shock the Traditions into banding together, but... it was no less wrong, and they deserved every piece of punishment they received."

"Well ehm yeah that was sort of a douche move."
Sierra agreed.
"Perhaps they deserved it...I don't know but...it sounds so...horrible."
She whimpered and curled up more.

He smiled sadly, "There are always pieces to pick up... and yes, it will hurt as much, and it will take forever, until it suddenly stops.

Sierra panicked she pulled at her bound hands and you could hear the rope cutting into her flesh as she tried to get loose while she sobbed hysterically.
"No...please don't do this...to me!"
She cried desperately as she struggled with her bonds.

If you wish, though, I will be there to steady you."

The Nephanda just looked at you, she was scared out of her wits and was not able to reply to you as she hyperventilated and twisted around on the floor trying to get loose, trying to find some way to get away, any way making small, terrified whimpers all the time.

He arched an eyebrow, "You pushed the Gilledian's... Oh, dear. I would probably laugh if it weren't such a gruesome end. I just hope the poor Labyrinth creature didn't contract indigestion from it.

"They...they eat just about anything..."
Sierra managed but she was to afraid to properly follow what you where saying.
"I just tried to defend myself..I just tried to defend myself..."

Hum, it does remind me a little of what happened to Violator of Rats - he decided to take advantage of the Labyrinth's... features. His death was slow and undignified when... bits were bitten off... Hum, I will see what I do for you with this knowledge in the past."

"Do not show your junk into Labyrinth parts, that is the first thing a Pawn learns...this Violator of Rats where to stupid to live."
Sierra muttered as she shivered.

He nodded, "That bad... Let's see, how long has that doctor been on your payroll, do you know?"

"Longer than I have been Fallen, that is all I know so for several years at least, probably longer, he have helped me with my medical condition many times and have been called at times when we needed someone to check on injuries caused by Paradox that happens allot after all, or other stuff that are hard to heal by magick. I know he worked for Larson as well, treated her for allergies he said, I guess he was not supposed to tell me that."
Sierra muttered.
"He is not that reliable though I know my Labyrinth have had plans to kidnap the apprentice of this Akashic doctor in Boston to try to get him to work for us instead."

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded politely to Dion, "Miss Blackwell, all is well?"

Dion stopped and looked at you sadly for a moment then she shook her head.
"No Mr Wainwright all is not well I...have gotten it confirmed that two of my contracted spirits where destroyed during the attack, they might be Umbroods but I see them as friends."
The Chorister muttered and sigh.

He bowed lightly to Morgan, "Sir, I expect Dr. Lee has largely filled you in on what happened, including the... complications?"
He sighed and glanced sideways at Adley, "I fear just filling your mug with water will do - it may come to boil on its own..."

Jeffry gave you a stern look then he nodded.
"Dr Lee have given me the general gist of it yes but why do not you tell me what happened as well Mr Wainwright."
He said and the temperature in the room was already rather high.

(OOC: Have fun Warp. Also let us see if we can finish up with the guards and focus on the scene with Sierra just so the posts do not get to long if that is ok it is a little hard for me right now to focus for an hour long post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... when another noticed how close I was to jacking it all in, that what I was being put through was all wrong. "Only a technician" my ass; old Zel was the smartest person there.' ending with a respectful nod.

"yeah good old Zel. What a good guy. So smart. Remind me.....who's Zel?" Serge asked humorously as he slowly began to piece together what Nicole was going through.

"Hum I see I heard about that, how Mr Bergen's kid got kidnapped and that is why he betrayed us. I guess I can sympathize with that, if something happened to my little brother I would be devastated but his betrayal still stings he should have told us what was going on and asked for help and not worked with the Nephandi."
Ty grumbled.
"I personally find it a worse crime that he struck Miss Day though."
He said and glanced up at the Hollower who looked away.
"I am quite alright I assure you."
She commented though she did look angry.

"From what I understand apparently she was being sold as a child bride...for a vampire." Serge said sadly remembering his talk with Hannah. He wondered how difficult the choice must've been for Mr. Bergen. What consequences he must've faced if he didn't betray his loyalties. What was going through his head when he attacked his former allies.

Helga sigh.
"If you would prefer standing guard while I, Ty and Miss Day feed the prisoners that is fine by my I do not particularly mind feeding them, other than that asshole Diego that is he can starve for all I care however letting him go without food would not be to nice now would it."
Helga muttered and frowned. Ty shook his head.
"I will deal with Diego I am not letting a woman close to him."
Helga gave her Cabalmate a stern look.
"Do I look like some delicate flower to you Ty?"
The Akashic sigh.
"No but even so I am not letting you close to him Helga..."

Serge took notice of everyone's anger and said, "I can help with the soup as well. I'm not much of a guard person and I've already technically fed one of the prisoners already. Sort of..."

Scratching his head Serge said, "Perhaps I'll bring some food to Mr. Bergen. I still haven't met the guy yet I feel like I know so much about him."

In reality Serge knew nobody in the room was fond of the man. They probably weren't fond of any of the prisoners but they probably disliked their former ally even more and weren't keen on meeting him again and especially feeding. Not only that but Serge really did want to meet the man who betrayed his own, perhaps to hear his side of the story.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:51 pm

"From what I understand apparently she was being sold as a child bride...for a vampire." Serge said sadly remembering his talk with Hannah. He wondered how difficult the choice must've been for Mr. Bergen. What consequences he must've faced if he didn't betray his loyalties. What was going through his head when he attacked his former allies.

"I heard that as well, poor kid, I am glad our guys managed to rescue her."
Ty said and frowned.
"Well that is one dysfunctional family if I have ever heard of one at least."

Serge took notice of everyone's anger and said, "I can help with the soup as well. I'm not much of a guard person and I've already technically fed one of the prisoners already. Sort of..."

"Good thank you Mr Yager your help is appreciated."
Helga said and smiled.

Scratching his head Serge said, "Perhaps I'll bring some food to Mr. Bergen. I still haven't met the guy yet I feel like I know so much about him."

"Not a bad idea, do not loosen his bonds, offer him off and help him eat if he want it but do not force him."
Your fellow Cultist said as she pointed towards one of the door.
"He is in there Mr Yager."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:13 pm

"No Mr Wainwright all is not well I...have gotten it confirmed that two of my contracted spirits where destroyed during the attack, they might be Umbroods but I see them as friends." The Chorister muttered and sigh

"I am sorry to hear that," he said. That was two of them, then. Hers and Antonio's.

You see that Richard was already in the office, the Akashic gave you a polite nod. Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he nodded. "Off course but it will taste coffee of the water, if you need some water boiled mea filius I can just boil some for you, how much do you need?" Your Mentor said as he found a bottle of fresh water from the shelf. "I am just finishing things up with Dr Lee and would like a word with Mr Wainwright as well but it is not a private matter and should not take long." He informed you.

"Dr Lee," he said with a nod to him. Then he looked back to the Cheif. "Ah, better not contaminate it, it is for a medicine. One mug should do, for now thank you. And a coffee filter, please. I can take the time preparing that and writing up some things," he said.

He bowed lightly to Morgan, "Sir, I expect Dr. Lee has largely filled you in on what happened, including the... complications?" He sighed and glanced sideways at Adley, "I fear just filling your mug with water will do - it may come to boil on its own..."

"What do you mean complications? What happened?" he said with a confused but worried frown.

"Dr Lee have given me the general gist of it yes but why do not you tell me what happened as well Mr Wainwright." He said and the temperature in the room was already rather high.

He gave look at Colin and pulled the free chair away from the desk to sit a bit away from them nearer to the wall.

// have a good dinner, Warp

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:43 pm

"I am sorry to hear that," he said. That was two of them, then. Hers and Antonio's.

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Dion said sadly she looked at you and sigh sadly.
"They where noble beings."

"Dr Lee," he said with a nod to him. Then he looked back to the Cheif. "Ah, better not contaminate it, it is for a medicine. One mug should do, for now thank you. And a coffee filter, please. I can take the time preparing that and writing up some things," he said.

Jeffry nodded he filled a clean mug with water and muttered some words over it and it started bubbling, then he handed it and a coffee filter to you.
"Here you go, do you need anything else mea filius?"

"What do you mean complications? What happened?" he said with a confused but worried frown.

Richard looked at you and sigh.
"First of all the boy have very bad veins, I would recommend that he is sent to see an expert, I had to use his foot for the contrast medium and had to try several times and dig around quite a bit to hit a vein, which was painful for the boy. Then he consented to allow me to try a cure to get the Primium residue from the serum safely out of him so I can treat others who have been on it longer, the experiment consisted of injecting a bit of the catalyst into his spine and later do a spinal tap to see the result, the problem was that while the injection was near painless, the catalyst...affected the boy's spine, making some of his cells undead and immune to pain management drugs, the result was a rather painful experience and the cure worked to well and all the residue is on it's way out into his spine, it will go over into the bloodstream and later in urine and be shed harmlessly but until that happens the boy will be in quite a bit of pain, meaning we both scared him and hurt him quite a bit and I regret that it was never my intention."
The Akashic said and you noticed the air in the room getting even warmer as your Mentor's eyes darkened.

He gave look at Colin and pulled the free chair away from the desk to sit a bit away from them nearer to the wall.

You found a place to sit and prepare your tea and write some things down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Serge's Post:

'He was the janitor at the Lab.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'He'd also sort out the kit and do the shit nobody else wanted to.'

Anja's Post:

'Don't mind, either way, me.' Nicole replied, giving another little shrug.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:06 pm

"Not a bad idea, do not loosen his bonds, offer him off and help him eat if he want it but do not force him."
Your fellow Cultist said as she pointed towards one of the door.
"He is in there Mr Yager."

"Alright got it." Serge said nodding his head in agreement. He took some soup and began to head towards the indicated door.

Nicole wrote:'He was the janitor at the Lab.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'He'd also sort out the kit and do the shit nobody else wanted to.'

"Huh, the wise old janitor." Serge said with a smile. "Were you friends with him?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next