Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 8 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 pm

"Are you sure Sir?"
Jane asked nervously.

"Of course! You've seen how strong the mages at this chantry are. We're well-protected within in these walls." Serge reasoned.

"Also the Nephandi won't be quick try and attack us again. Especially after their last attack failed. Don't worry Jane." Serge said sympathetically, knowing that the Nephandi probably worried her a great deal more than she let others know about.

"I am drawing a green dog with wings and allot of heart clouds Sir."
Cava said and she held up the drawing, the multi colored heart clouds where easy to pick up but the green doodle that where supposed to be a dog with wings needed some imagination to make out.

"Wow that is an amazing looking dog." Serge said, having plenty of imagination to morph the green doodle into a dog with wings within his mind.

"What's the dog's name? And why is he green? Is he like a superdog?" Serge asked wondering what answers the little girl would come up with.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 8 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm

The woman glowered at you.
"It is typical of liberals to play at knowing the Bible just to try to discredit Christians, that will not work with me!"
She announced and scoffed.
He smiled thinly, "I can assure you, ma'am, that was not an attempt to discredit you. If you are unfamiliar with the verse, you might wish to look it up."

"Good...see to it that you do...damned boy he is nothing but trouble."
The large woman grumbled.
He nodded and turned.

"I...don't want the crash kit!"
Anna shouted now suddenly afraid, she was not the most trusting of medical procedures, then she glanced at you for a moment.
"Ehm...what is a crash kit?"
She asked before she drew a labored breath and coughed with a grimace, trying to ignore how much her chest hurt so she could protect her new friend.
"I guess we can talk to Case about it Mentor...but I am not letting them have him if he do not want to go!"
She declared firmly.
He shook his head, "You don't want to need the crash kit is more accurate... It is the set of tools and machines used when someone's heart stops. We don't have Mrs. Knox here to help us this time... but the doctors here are skilled, all the same. Calm breaths, sweetie..."

There was a slight scraping sound from one of the shelves.
"Anna is sick Sir?"
Came Case's voice from behind several stacks of sheets, then after some shuffling he came out and crawled down from the shelf he had been hiding on, he gave you a nervous look and walked over to Anna and held her up.
"Here...sit down...your dad says you are sick."
The boy said and he took a stack of sheets and put them on the floor and urged Anna to sit on them, the young Nephanda though shook her head.
He smiled sadly, "She's injured, actually... but the end result is largely the same; she needs to calm down. I'm here to protect you now, she can relax a little."

"No...I will stay alert and keep you safe!"
She declared and Case gave a hopeless sigh.
"It is no use, we are kids we are powerless, our wishes means nothing."
He muttered and looked away bitterly.
"Just sit down please I do not want you to get worse because of me."
He urged Anna shook her head.
"I have fought adults before...I...I..."
She seamed to forget what she was saying mid sentence and she looked confused for a moment and Case managed to get her down on the stack of sheets he gave the young Nephanda a concerned look then he turned to you.
He smiled warmly, "True enough, you are children, but that does not invalidate your wishes in any manner. And thank you for your concern. There's little enough of it these days..."
He frowned at Anna's expression and fished out his glasses, putting them on and seeing the Magic, glancing from Anna's aura over to Case, "Are you quite alright, sweetie? You looked disoriented there for a moment."

"I...know Sir...but it never ends...there have been so many painful tests, and for most of them I am held down and my wishes are never heard, and when I protests my parents..."
He did not complete that sentence and just gave you a bitter, hurt look.
"But I guess I am helpless they will find me and force me, my wishes means nothing, and I have to endure it for eight more years, then I am free and I will never set foot in a doctor's office again!"
He swore sadly.
"Ehm will Anna be okey Sir?"
He asked and he gave your apprentice a concerned look.
He frowned, "Eight more years... the day you come of age and can move out on your own? Hum... I want you to answer a few questions for me, and be as accurate as you can... Have you always been sickly and unwell, and the doctors unable to find anything wrong, or have you felt fine and then suddenly taken ill only for the doctors to find nothing definite? Or have you perhaps never really been sick, just dragged to examination after examination?"
He frowned, "Anna will be fine, I believe, but I don't think she'll agree to be moved until you are ready to come along."

((OOC: Just to observe magic like that isn't going to require a roll, is it? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:00 pm

Serge:

"Of course! You've seen how strong the mages at this chantry are. We're well-protected within in these walls." Serge reasoned.

"Only most of those powerful magi will not be at the Chantry, they will be out fighting the Nephandi that is why they have an evacuation plan as we will be fairly unprotected until the battle is over."
Rosa whispered so the girls would not hear.

"Also the Nephandi won't be quick try and attack us again. Especially after their last attack failed. Don't worry Jane." Serge said sympathetically, knowing that the Nephandi probably worried her a great deal more than she let others know about.

"I do not think one failed attack will deter them much Sir, and in addition I am more concerned about the Technocracy though, they might decide to strike while the Chantry are weakened."
Jane said and frowned.

"Wow that is an amazing looking dog." Serge said, having plenty of imagination to morph the green doodle into a dog with wings within his mind.

Cava smiled to you beaming over the praise as she continued drawing.
"Thank you Sir. I am going to give him a pink collar and draw some flowers as well."
She declared.

"What's the dog's name? And why is he green? Is he like a superdog?" Serge asked wondering what answers the little girl would come up with.

"I will call him chocolate and he is green because I where trying to draw a green house but that did not work out so it became a dog."
Cava said and she grabbed a pink crayon firmly.
"And he got wings and can fly so he can be a superdog, perhaps he is a dragon dog."
She commented and grinned happily at you.

Colin:

He smiled thinly, "I can assure you, ma'am, that was not an attempt to discredit you. If you are unfamiliar with the verse, you might wish to look it up."

"Off course I know it!"
The large woman raged, clearly lying.
"I know my Bible quite well thank you very much both me and my husband is god fearing Christians!"

He shook his head, "You don't want to need the crash kit is more accurate... It is the set of tools and machines used when someone's heart stops. We don't have Mrs. Knox here to help us this time... but the doctors here are skilled, all the same. Calm breaths, sweetie..."

Anna looked at you and she looked terrified.
"Is there needles in such a kit Mentor?"
She asked and backed away.
"For I do not want that!"
The young Nephanda cried.
"The other stuff is ok, but not needles..."

He smiled sadly, "She's injured, actually... but the end result is largely the same; she needs to calm down. I'm here to protect you now, she can relax a little."

"Are you going to protect him from his mother and those nurses Mentor...ehm dad...?"
Anna said she was still rather tense and scared and trying to catch her breath. Case looked at young then he glanced at Anna and he looked rather defeated.
"You should not put yourself in danger to protect me Anna, I...it is not the first time I have been forced to do things at a hospital."
He said and the way he said hospital made it clear that such places where things of pain and horror for the kid.

He smiled warmly, "True enough, you are children, but that does not invalidate your wishes in any manner. And thank you for your concern. There's little enough of it these days..."

"I have never really experienced my wishes in anything being listened to really."
Case said bitterly.
"Anna is nice Sir off course I am concerned.

He frowned at Anna's expression and fished out his glasses, putting them on and seeing the Magic, glancing from Anna's aura over to Case, "Are you quite alright, sweetie? You looked disoriented there for a moment."

Anna's aura was far to pale indicating that she was straining herself to much and where getting far to weak. Case's aura where full of color especially around his head, perhaps he was sensitive to the supernatural, many children where. Your apprentice looked at you.
"It...is just hard to...think and my chest hurts."
She finally admitted.

He frowned, "Eight more years... the day you come of age and can move out on your own?

"Yes Sir as soon as I can get a job and move out on my own I am gone."
Case said bitterly.

Hum... I want you to answer a few questions for me, and be as accurate as you can...

"Sure Sir I can try..."
The young boy said and he looked at you a bit confused clearly wondering what you meant as he dragged another sheet out of one of the shelves and put it around Anna who where shivering.

Have you always been sickly and unwell, and the doctors unable to find anything wrong, or have you felt fine and then suddenly taken ill only for the doctors to find nothing definite? Or have you perhaps never really been sick, just dragged to examination after examination?"

Case scratched his head a bit.
"I do not think I have been more sick than others Sir, I mean I get a cold now and again and I get eczema under my feet when I swim in pools, that have a fancy name you know...but I do not remember what it is, but it is ok I do not really like swimming at school...or gym really."
The boy said.
"But then my mother told me I was sick and she have taken me to doctors allot the last two years, all since I told her...a secret, but they never find anything wrong...not really and many of the examinations hurt and and I tired of them...I do not want to do them anymore Sir."
The boy said and looked down.

He frowned, "Anna will be fine, I believe, but I don't think she'll agree to be moved until you are ready to come along."

Case looked defeated.
"I will come along Sir they will break down the door and drag me out of here soon anyway, and if I come along perhaps I will be punished less at home...but I really do not want to do this."
He muttered.
"Then we will stay here and I will hold of anyone who come for you!"
Anna declared though now rather weakly.
"I will kick their asses!"

(OOC: Well technically it is a Prime 1 effect but we can skip the roll for now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:48 pm

"Off course I know it!"
The large woman raged, clearly lying.
"I know my Bible quite well thank you very much both me and my husband is god fearing Christians!"
He nodded, the sarcasm in his voice barely noticeable, "Evidently, you know that passage well."

Anna looked at you and she looked terrified.
"Is there needles in such a kit Mentor?"
She asked and backed away.
"For I do not want that!"
The young Nephanda cried.
"The other stuff is ok, but not needles..."
He nodded, "There are, but they are not always used. The most important things are a breathing mask and a heart starter - an electric shock - to get the heart pumping again. Not much use with an injection in the blood stream if the blood is not moving, is there?"

"Are you going to protect him from his mother and those nurses Mentor...ehm dad...?"
Anna said she was still rather tense and scared and trying to catch her breath. Case looked at young then he glanced at Anna and he looked rather defeated.
"You should not put yourself in danger to protect me Anna, I...it is not the first time I have been forced to do things at a hospital."
He said and the way he said hospital made it clear that such places where things of pain and horror for the kid.
He nodded, "I might not be able to avoid the examination today... but I have planted a few seeds of concern, I think. The nurses are aware that your mother has your father beat you - which just might be criminal."

"I have never really experienced my wishes in anything being listened to really."
Case said bitterly.
"Anna is nice Sir off course I am concerned.
He nodded, "You're not the first whose wishes have been dismissed like that... nor the last... and that still does not make it right. And Anna is magnificent."

Anna's aura was far to pale indicating that she was straining herself to much and where getting far to weak. Case's aura where full of color especially around his head, perhaps he was sensitive to the supernatural, many children where. Your apprentice looked at you.
"It...is just hard to...think and my chest hurts."
She finally admitted.
He gave Anna a wary look, "You are straining yourself... I want you to start the meditation exercise Dr. Lee taught you; calm your heart, steady your mind..."

"Yes Sir as soon as I can get a job and move out on my own I am gone."
Case said bitterly.
He nodded, "Well, I might be able to help in that regard, at least... I know some people who can keep an eye on you, give things a little nudge in respect to actually getting a job; that's not too easy in today's market..."

Case scratched his head a bit.
"I do not think I have been more sick than others Sir, I mean I get a cold now and again and I get eczema under my feet when I swim in pools, that have a fancy name you know...but I do not remember what it is, but it is ok I do not really like swimming at school...or gym really."
The boy said.
"But then my mother told me I was sick and she have taken me to doctors allot the last two years, all since I told her...a secret, but they never find anything wrong...not really and many of the examinations hurt and and I tired of them...I do not want to do them anymore Sir."
The boy said and looked down.
He looked at Case for a long moment then frowned, not a trace of judgement or recrimination in his voice, "...You've grown fond of another boy, haven't you? That's what set your mother off? A classmate, which is part of why you don't like gym or swimming, because you are afraid of what he might say if he catches you looking?"

Case looked defeated.
"I will come along Sir they will break down the door and drag me out of here soon anyway, and if I come along perhaps I will be punished less at home...but I really do not want to do this."
He muttered.
"Then we will stay here and I will hold of anyone who come for you!"
Anna declared though now rather weakly.
"I will kick their asses!"
He shook his head to Anna, "You are in no shape to kick anyone's asses, young lady, and a hospital is not a place for fighting. In fact, you are going to apologize to the nurses you hurt; that was a brutal attack, and completely inappropriate... I think I can see where this battle is going, and it cannot be won with fists or fireballs - this is one fight that must be won with words and laws. And I think we stand a good chance to win."

((OOC: A Prime 1 effect, with Foci, needing a single success and in a calm, relaxed situation... It's hardly as though there is a realistic chance of botching that. Wink Colin'll probably use some effective magic soon enough, though - that I'll be rolling for. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:46 am

"Only most of those powerful magi will not be at the Chantry, they will be out fighting the Nephandi that is why they have an evacuation plan as we will be fairly unprotected until the battle is over."
Rosa whispered so the girls would not hear.

"They don't need to know or be reminded of that. We're trying to get their mind off of all of this right? Better for them to believe things that will ease their worry rather than say things that'll just increase it." Serge whispered quietly back, wishing that Rosa could help him instead of reminding him why his words were so hollow.

"I do not think one failed attack will deter them much Sir, and in addition I am more concerned about the Technocracy though, they might decide to strike while the Chantry are weakened."
Jane said and frowned.

"The Technocracy want the Nephandi gone just as badly as we do. If they attack us then we'll have to defend against them and that'll delay the completion of our missions. That might delay the destruction of their greatest enemy. They wouldn't do something to risk the destruction of the Nephandi." Serge reasoned.

"And while the chantry may be weakened, it is by no means defenseless. They'll still be people and spirits here to defend the chantry and who knows how many magickal defense systems this old place has." Serge said offering a reassuring smile knowing full well that Jane was right to worry.

"I will call him chocolate and he is green because I where trying to draw a green house but that did not work out so it became a dog."
Cava said and she grabbed a pink crayon firmly.
"And he got wings and can fly so he can be a superdog, perhaps he is a dragon dog."
She commented and grinned happily at you.

"Ohhhh a dragon dog! I like the sound of that. Perhaps he should have some shiny green scales that glitter in the sunlight as he flies past." Serge said excitedly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:50 am

Colin:

He nodded, the sarcasm in his voice barely noticeable, "Evidently, you know that passage well."

"Off course I know it well. I go to church every Sunday and keep my house clean."
The woman declared and she glared at you.
"And this is why I so dislike hippie liberals they always try to discriminate against us good Christians!"
She said and from the expression on her face she fully believed what she was saying.

He nodded, "There are, but they are not always used. The most important things are a breathing mask and a heart starter - an electric shock - to get the heart pumping again. Not much use with an injection in the blood stream if the blood is not moving, is there?"

"An electric shock is fine..."
Anna said and she took another step backwards fearfully.
"Y...you won't let them use needles on me will you Mentor?"
She asked and she nervously picked at the fabric of her green sweater.

He nodded, "I might not be able to avoid the examination today... but I have planted a few seeds of concern, I think. The nurses are aware that your mother has your father beat you - which just might be criminal."

Case looked at you then he wrapped his arms around himself with a hurt look.
"My parents say that Jesus tells them that it is good to beat disobedient children."
He said then Anna who really had no idea what he was talking about chimed in.
"Well then Jesus is a bit of a dick!"
Case looked at her horrified.
"You can't say that Anna you will go to hell?"
He declared now afraid for his new friend. Anna again looked confused.
"No no it is much harder to cross over to the spirit world ad get to the Low Umbra and find a hell than speaking some words."
She said matter of factly.
"And some of them can be really nice."
Case's jaw just sort of fell agape as he regarded the Nephanda at this point.
"Wait...what?"

He nodded, "You're not the first whose wishes have been dismissed like that... nor the last... and that still does not make it right. And Anna is magnificent."

"No...it is not right, no matter what the Bible say...it is not right..."
Case agreed bitterly then he smiled slightly.
"Yeah...she is."
He agreed and Anna blushed a little at that.

He gave Anna a wary look, "You are straining yourself... I want you to start the meditation exercise Dr. Lee taught you; calm your heart, steady your mind..."

"But Case...they will come for him Mentor, just like Gabriel did...I have to protect him!"
She protested weakly clearly the young boy's struggles had reminded her to much of what she had seen in the Labyrinth and she was not easy to calm.
"If I meditate Mentor will you protect Case and not let the nurses have him?"
She asked.

He nodded, "Well, I might be able to help in that regard, at least... I know some people who can keep an eye on you, give things a little nudge in respect to actually getting a job; that's not too easy in today's market..."

"Thank you Sir...I really appreciate that."
Case said and he gave you another slight smile.

He looked at Case for a long moment then frowned, not a trace of judgement or recrimination in his voice, "...You've grown fond of another boy, haven't you? That's what set your mother off? A classmate, which is part of why you don't like gym or swimming, because you are afraid of what he might say if he catches you looking?"

Case looked at you for a moment then he looked down and nodded.
"Yeah...there is a boy in my class and I like him...in the wrong way and...and it feels wrong to...be in the wardrobe with the other boys for I...feel like a girl."
He admitted and flinched as if he expected that you would hit him for admitting it.
"My mother say I am sick, I see colors around people I always have she says this is related and that there is something wrong with me so she have taken me to allot of doctors and I hate it some of them are really mean like Dr Jace but I have not been to see him in a while but I...I...well I mean I know it is wrong but I can't stop feeling what I feel and my mother think I have a tumor or something do you think I have a tumor or something Sir?"
Case asked and he glanced up at you fearfully again.

He shook his head to Anna, "You are in no shape to kick anyone's asses, young lady, and a hospital is not a place for fighting. In fact, you are going to apologize to the nurses you hurt; that was a brutal attack, and completely inappropriate...

"No!"
Anna declared and she crossed her little arms across her chest and pouted.
"The nurses wanted to hurt Case they where violent against him and I defended him I do not think I should have to apologize for that!"
She declared, the little girl certainly did have a will of her own.

I think I can see where this battle is going, and it cannot be won with fists or fireballs - this is one fight that must be won with words and laws. And I think we stand a good chance to win."

"I don't understand Mentor."
Anna said giving you a confused look.
"Won with words and laws but how?"

Serge:

"They don't need to know or be reminded of that. We're trying to get their mind off of all of this right? Better for them to believe things that will ease their worry rather than say things that'll just increase it." Serge whispered quietly back, wishing that Rosa could help him instead of reminding him why his words were so hollow.

"I do not believe in lying to children Serge, sooner or later that will come back to haunt you, comfort them yes, trying to ease their worried yes but not rose painting things for them, children see though such lies quite often and besides you can only get caught in them once and then they will no longer believe you. It is like this when I was a little girl I dislocated my arm my father told me it would not hurt when it was put right, off course it did, so when when a few months later I got a scrape on my knee and my father wanted to clean it, and he told me it would not hurt I did not believe him and did not let him clean up the scrape and it got infected. We do not have to present all the grim details to the girls but telling them things that are not true is not good either."
Rosa whispered.

"The Technocracy want the Nephandi gone just as badly as we do. If they attack us then we'll have to defend against them and that'll delay the completion of our missions. That might delay the destruction of their greatest enemy. They wouldn't do something to risk the destruction of the Nephandi." Serge reasoned.

"The Technocracy hunt us down Sir why would they trust us to be able to destroy the Nephandi, and besides they want both us and the Nephandi gone it would make sense for them to let us fight one another and the pick us both off when we are weakened from the fight."
Jane said simply.
"I have studied about the War in my Mentor's lessons Sir."

"And while the chantry may be weakened, it is by no means defenseless. They'll still be people and spirits here to defend the chantry and who knows how many magickal defense systems this old place has." Serge said offering a reassuring smile knowing full well that Jane was right to worry.

"Yeah maybe Sir."
The young Chorister said, she was to polite to argue but she was clearly worried.
"I just hope this fight will be over soon."

"Ohhhh a dragon dog! I like the sound of that. Perhaps he should have some shiny green scales that glitter in the sunlight as he flies past." Serge said excitedly.

"Yeah shiny scales he have to have that!"
Cava said happily.
"But I do not know how to draw that Sir."
She said and pouted.
"I have glitter glue."
Jane suggested and Cava clapped her hands together excitedly.
"Jay...glitter glue...!"
She declared then she glanced and you and gave you a mischievous look.
"And he poops emeralds."
She declared and all of the little girls giggled at her saying a bad word, children tended to find that really fun. Yu Die looked up from the roses she was drawing though and raised an eyebrow.

(OOC: Some of the mages of Boston are concerned with defeating the Nephandi and saving the world, others are concerned with glitter glue. Razz )

(OOC: Yeah it is no problem not rolling. Like I have said for me the rules system is a way to avoid pang, pang you are dead, no I am not problems and nothing else. Then again we do have the don't prime scan the coffee Bob issue. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 am

"An electric shock is fine..."
Anna said and she took another step backwards fearfully.
"Y...you won't let them use needles on me will you Mentor?"
She asked and she nervously picked at the fabric of her green sweater.
Colin nodded, "I won't let them use needles unless there is no other choice - and if so, I will make absolutely sure the needle is intact to the very last molecule when they pull it out. If that happens, though, you will not be conscious at the time..."

Case looked at you then he wrapped his arms around himself with a hurt look.
"My parents say that Jesus tells them that it is good to beat disobedient children."
He said then Anna who really had no idea what he was talking about chimed in.
"Well then Jesus is a bit of a dick!"
Case looked at her horrified.
"You can't say that Anna you will go to hell?"
He declared now afraid for his new friend. Anna again looked confused.
"No no it is much harder to cross over to the spirit world ad get to the Low Umbra and find a hell than speaking some words."
She said matter of factly.
"And some of them can be really nice."
Case's jaw just sort of fell agape as he regarded the Nephanda at this point.
"Wait...what?"
He frowned, "As I recall, Jesus never argued for hitting children. In fact, the only case Jesus condoned using violence was when he flogged money changers in the temple. Jesus was a good man; I just wish more so-called Christians would emulate him instead of worship him..."
He bit back a chuckle at Anna's straightforward remarks about going to Hell and Case's confusion, "Anna, what have we said about discussing such matters in public?"

"No...it is not right, no matter what the Bible say...it is not right..."
Case agreed bitterly then he smiled slightly.
"Yeah...she is."
He agreed and Anna blushed a little at that.
He frowned, "I'm afraid your mother relies on a few misinterpreted passages of the Bible, along with what she's been told, rather than what she has read. If she had truly taken the message to heart, well... she would have been a lot more quiet, for starters."

"But Case...they will come for him Mentor, just like Gabriel did...I have to protect him!"
She protested weakly clearly the young boy's struggles had reminded her to much of what she had seen in the Labyrinth and she was not easy to calm.
"If I meditate Mentor will you protect Case and not let the nurses have him?"
She asked.
He nodded, "I will do as much as I can to protect him. But right now, you are in greater immediate danger. We have a few minutes, I think."

"Thank you Sir...I really appreciate that."
Case said and he gave you another slight smile.
He smiled, "I thought you might. Exactly what sort of job we can help you with depends, of course, on what sort of education you decide on - no need to decide now - but I think, perhaps, we can find a few good options for you."

Case looked at you for a moment then he looked down and nodded.
"Yeah...there is a boy in my class and I like him...in the wrong way and...and it feels wrong to...be in the wardrobe with the other boys for I...feel like a girl."
He admitted and flinched as if he expected that you would hit him for admitting it.
"My mother say I am sick, I see colors around people I always have she says this is related and that there is something wrong with me so she have taken me to allot of doctors and I hate it some of them are really mean like Dr Jace but I have not been to see him in a while but I...I...well I mean I know it is wrong but I can't stop feeling what I feel and my mother think I have a tumor or something do you think I have a tumor or something Sir?"
Case asked and he glanced up at you fearfully again.
He gave the boy a light pat on the shoulder, "There's no wrong way to like someone, Case... the only thing wrong with you is that you were born with a few incorrect fleshy bits. And I don't think you have a tumor. As for Dr. Jace, I don't think he'll be able to hurt anyone again... I notice you are a sensitive child; tell me, what sort of auras do you see around me or Anna?"

"No!"
Anna declared and she crossed her little arms across her chest and pouted.
"The nurses wanted to hurt Case they where violent against him and I defended him I do not think I should have to apologize for that!"
She declared, the little girl certainly did have a will of her own.
He smiled, "I didn't ask you to apologize for defending your new friend, I told you to apologize for hurting the nurses in the process. There's a difference."

"I don't understand Mentor."
Anna said giving you a confused look.
"Won with words and laws but how?"
He smiled, "There are legal protections in place for transgender children. I think Dr. Boudavich might be able to help - she might be able to change his mother's mind about a few things. And even if that takes too long, we have a few options in place... Tell me, Case, do you believe in magic?"

((OOC: Oooh, glitter glue - best keep that out of the Labyrinth, the poor creature might have an allergic reaction to the stuff. Razz ))

((OOC: Hey, if you're going to get prime scanning into rote memorization, looking deep into the coffee isn't a bad thing. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:56 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole ran a practised eye over the place, being familiar and all - then got to work. Firstly, she'll deal with the windows; drawing the blinds or whatnot if they hadn't been already so to reduce the chances of being spotted from outside. External door needs to be locked or secured shut. Then the internal door to the Labyrinth; if it opens out into the store, placing a heavy-ish object beside it to provide a precious second or so's warning if opened. Finally, her field of fire; removing any easily removable cover, then placing herself in the best spot - either behind cover herself or at least in a spot where she'll notice them before vice-versa.

All the time remaining acutely aware of any traps or early company. Running off training and experience; if the enemy knew they'd taken the shop, might launch a spoiling counter-attack, hoping to catch them on the hop. Realised that they should have asked that Fallen whether they had to call in to base and how often - well, too late for that now... hopefully the main force won't take too long to arrive...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:36 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I won't let them use needles unless there is no other choice - and if so, I will make absolutely sure the needle is intact to the very last molecule when they pull it out. If that happens, though, you will not be conscious at the time..."

Anna seamed to calm down a little at that though she was still nervous.
"Do you promise Mentor...to make sure that if they use needles that all of it comes out, that nothing of it is left inside?"
She asked and plucked at her sweater, she was a plucker when nervous.
"What if it is absolutely necessary and I am not unconscious Mentor? What if the doctors say it is necessary?"
She muttered and glanced at you.
"Perhaps you should listen to them then Anna I do not want you to die."
Case said and Anna looked towards the other child then she looked away.
"I do not want to die but..."

He frowned, "As I recall, Jesus never argued for hitting children. In fact, the only case Jesus condoned using violence was when he flogged money changers in the temple. Jesus was a good man; I just wish more so-called Christians would emulate him instead of worship him..."

"Jesus was against money changers Sir? But my father worked in a bank before he became a politician and now he hold meetings and kiss babies and try to get money from rich people."
Case said clearly not completely sure what a politician did.
"I that wrong Sir?"
The child asked.

He bit back a chuckle at Anna's straightforward remarks about going to Hell and Case's confusion, "Anna, what have we said about discussing such matters in public?"

"That I should not do it Mentor...ehm dad..."
Anna said and sigh.
"I will try not to."

He frowned, "I'm afraid your mother relies on a few misinterpreted passages of the Bible, along with what she's been told, rather than what she has read. If she had truly taken the message to heart, well... she would have been a lot more quiet, for starters."

"I do not think it is possible for my mother to be quiet...other than when she is watching her soaps."
Case said and he scratched his head again.
"The Bible tell you to be quiet? There is a Wiccan girl in my class and she says that the poem that tells about the morality in her religion tell people to talk little and listen much but do the Bible do so to? For if so perhaps my mother will not dislike Katrina so much."
The boy said hopefully.
"For she is pretty nice even if she is a witch...and my mother say she is evil."

He nodded, "I will do as much as I can to protect him. But right now, you are in greater immediate danger. We have a few minutes, I think."

"O...ok a couple of minutes then Mentor but I will defend Case if they come for him."
Anna said before she took a deep breath and started the meditation Richard hard taught her, you noticed her aura evening out a little but it was still very weak indicating she was in ill health.

He smiled, "I thought you might. Exactly what sort of job we can help you with depends, of course, on what sort of education you decide on - no need to decide now - but I think, perhaps, we can find a few good options for you."

"I will do any job if I can move out on my own Sir, tend a store, wash toilets anything."
Case said with conviction.
"I...have an education i want but my mother would not approve."
He said and looked down.
"She want me to study economics, that is money I think, so I can work in a bank and get rich."

He gave the boy a light pat on the shoulder, "There's no wrong way to like someone, Case... the only thing wrong with you is that you were born with a few incorrect fleshy bits. And I don't think you have a tumor.

"You don't think it is anything wrong with me Sir?"
Case said sounding shocked.
"Off course not...I like a girl, there is nothing wrong with that."
Anna said and she smiled a little, you had noticed that Richard's young sister had talked her Mentor into allowing her to visit Anna quite a few times and the two of them got along very well, to Richard's great despair. Case looked even more shocked then he looked at you again.
"You...do not think...it is something wrong with me thinking I am a girl either Sir?"
The child asked wide eyed.

As for Dr. Jace, I don't think he'll be able to hurt anyone again... I notice you are a sensitive child; tell me, what sort of auras do you see around me or Anna?"

"You have the same auras as Dr Jace, they are shimmering like rainbows, you know those metal rings with aluminum stuff on it that make it shimmer in all sort of colors, that is how they look, I see those sometimes but they are rare. Yours are very bright but Anna's are really pale and sort of flickering but it was not so pale when I met her in the waiting room but it is now, also there are these sort of black...things in her aura that are not in yours but they where in Dr Jace's, also she have bright, dark blue bubbles in her aura. Katrina and her parents have rainbows in her aura as well but they are less bright and sort of more defined insead of the colors just floating around."
Case explained.
"You do not think Dr Jace will hurt anyone again Sir are you sure?"

He smiled, "I didn't ask you to apologize for defending your new friend, I told you to apologize for hurting the nurses in the process. There's a difference."

Anna sigh at that.
"I had to in order to get them to let him go."
She protested then she looked down.
"Ok...I will apologize Mentor if you want me to but I don't like it!"
She said and pouted.

He smiled, "There are legal protections in place for transgender children.

"What are that Sir?"
Case asked and the child looked like he had never heard the term before.

I think Dr. Boudavich might be able to help - she might be able to change his mother's mind about a few things. And even if that takes too long, we have a few options in place...

"Dr Boudavich are great she might be able to help."
Anna said and she seamed a bit more hopeful.
"What options do we have if that do not work though Mentor."
The girl asked.

Tell me, Case, do you believe in magic?"

Case considered for a moment then he nodded.
"My mother believes in magic Sir, she think it is evil and my friend Katrina believe in magic, she put her hands on my feet when my eczema got really bad once and it got allot better...so yeah I think I do believe in it Sir but I am not so sure I think it is evil."
The boy said as he glanced up at you.

Nicole:

Nicole ran a practised eye over the place, being familiar and all - then got to work. Firstly, she'll deal with the windows; drawing the blinds or whatnot if they hadn't been already so to reduce the chances of being spotted from outside.

The windows where taped over with newspapers so there where no chance of anyone peeking in there, the newspapers where yellow they had been on the windows for a while.

External door needs to be locked or secured shut. Then the internal door to the Labyrinth; if it opens out into the store, placing a heavy-ish object beside it to provide a precious second or so's warning if opened.

There where a old freezer that would have been a display for ice cream but which looked like it had not worked in years, you could use that to block one of the doors, there where some heavy boxes on someo of the shelves that could be used for the other door.

Finally, her field of fire; removing any easily removable cover, then placing herself in the best spot - either behind cover herself or at least in a spot where she'll notice them before vice-versa.

Other than the old ice cream display and the counter there where few places of cover in the room, you got yourself placed behind the counter though and got ready.

All the time remaining acutely aware of any traps or early company. Running off training and experience; if the enemy knew they'd taken the shop, might launch a spoiling counter-attack, hoping to catch them on the hop. Realised that they should have asked that Fallen whether they had to call in to base and how often - well, too late for that now... hopefully the main force won't take too long to arrive...

As you checked the store the old black phone on the counter rang, the sound piercing through the relative silence of the locale that had settled once the fight was over.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:54 pm

"I do not believe in lying to children Serge, sooner or later that will come back to haunt you, comfort them yes, trying to ease their worried yes but not rose painting things for them, children see though such lies quite often and besides you can only get caught in them once and then they will no longer believe you. It is like this when I was a little girl I dislocated my arm my father told me it would not hurt when it was put right, off course it did, so when when a few months later I got a scrape on my knee and my father wanted to clean it, and he told me it would not hurt I did not believe him and did not let him clean up the scrape and it got infected. We do not have to present all the grim details to the girls but telling them things that are not true is not good either."
Rosa whispered.

Serge sighed. He began to whisper back "Yeah your right. But I'm not hiding anything from them or lying to them. They know very well the dire situation were in. I'm just trying to tell them things that might ease their worry."

Serge looked down at his sketchbook and began to draw to ease his own worry, although this time was a little different. His hands were a lot shakier than usual. He seemed anxious as if only now realizing the dire situation they were in.

"I live off of lies and imaginary circumstances Rosa. Ever since I was a child. Believed in them until they become real or I made them real. Made others believe in them as well. Perhaps you'd like to comfort them as well Rosa? Or at least help me. Like you said I haven't been doing a very good job at doing it." Serge asked.

"The Technocracy hunt us down Sir why would they trust us to be able to destroy the Nephandi, and besides they want both us and the Nephandi gone it would make sense for them to let us fight one another and the pick us both off when we are weakened from the fight."
Jane said simply.
"I have studied about the War in my Mentor's lessons Sir."

"While I doubt the Technocracy trusts in any capacity they won't waste resources fighting a battle they don't have to. They'll wait and watch us destroy the Nephandi." he said believing that part to be at least somewhat true.

"But your right about that last part Jane. I won't deny that. And their's not really a good answer I can give you. We'll just have to hope that we're strong enough to fight them off when the time comes." Serge said with a sigh wishing that Jane wasn't as smart as she was.

"But let's worry about one thing at a time." Serge said sympathetically

"Yeah maybe Sir."
The young Chorister said, she was to polite to argue but she was clearly worried.
"I just hope this fight will be over soon."

"Hopefully after today." Serge said with a sigh.

"Yeah shiny scales he have to have that!"
Cava said happily.
"But I do not know how to draw that Sir."
She said and pouted.
"I have glitter glue."
Jane suggested and Cava clapped her hands together excitedly.
"Jay...glitter glue...!"
She declared then she glanced and you and gave you a mischievous look.
"And he poops emeralds."
She declared and all of the little girls giggled at her saying a bad word, children tended to find that really fun. Yu Die looked up from the roses she was drawing though and raised an eyebrow.

"I can draw the scales if you want. And you can place the glitter glue in each of them so that every scale shines individually." Serge offered.

(OCC: Or you can be Serge and worry about both. After all both are equally dangerous things that are a constant threat to the world Razz.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Anja's Post:

Instantly discounted the freezer; there was no way she'd have been able to move that one-handed, even... before. Checked the exterior door itself; if it opens, to lock or bolt it shut. If that's impossible, she'll simply shove two or three of the larger boxes in the way. Puts the boxes in front of the other door; after all it was there to merely slow any attacker, just in case they burst in while her mind had drifted for a moment.

Unless the counter was directly visible from anyone entering the room from the Labyrinth - such as being directly in front of it, Nicole will place herself behind it, rifle at the ready. Having just a second or two where she can see them but not vice-versa might be the margin between victory and learning if the shit she'd been told as a kid about death was right...

Eyes widened on hearing the phone. Could be to check in to see if they were fine. Or, a customer wanting a booking, cold caller selling crap or even a con-artist wanting to tell them that they're their bank and "need to confirm their identity". Debated what to do for a second, decided nothing was best. Though it would be a little interesting to see just how insistent the caller was.

[Me and my big... word-typing fingers!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Anna seamed to calm down a little at that though she was still nervous.
"Do you promise Mentor...to make sure that if they use needles that all of it comes out, that nothing of it is left inside?"
She asked and plucked at her sweater, she was a plucker when nervous.
"What if it is absolutely necessary and I am not unconscious Mentor? What if the doctors say it is necessary?"
She muttered and glanced at you.
"Perhaps you should listen to them then Anna I do not want you to die."
Case said and Anna looked towards the other child then she looked away.
"I do not want to die but..."
Colin nodded, "If you are still conscious, the sight of needles will hurt more than heal... It's a sad state of affairs, but you'll need much more therapy yet to overcome that fear... I will do everything I can to avoid exacerbating it further."
He gave Anna a stern look, "You won't die, that's an order, sweetie... Besides, if you don't get a good, long life, how will I get the crystal scale and the sand?"

"Jesus was against money changers Sir? But my father worked in a bank before he became a politician and now he hold meetings and kiss babies and try to get money from rich people."
Case said clearly not completely sure what a politician did.
"I that wrong Sir?"
The child asked.
He shook his head, "Context is important - Jesus reacted with rage against money changers - bankers, if you will - working in a House of God. Profiteers using the Temple for their own profit rather than for the glory of God. Suffice to say, if He came back today, the preachers in Mega-Churches would not have much skin left on their backs... You cannot serve both God and Mammon at the same time. Your father... eh, so long as he does not try to do banking in the church or preach in Congress, I won't protest his work."

"That I should not do it Mentor...ehm dad..."
Anna said and sigh.
"I will try not to."
He nodded, "I will let it slide this time..."

"I do not think it is possible for my mother to be quiet...other than when she is watching her soaps."
Case said and he scratched his head again.
"The Bible tell you to be quiet? There is a Wiccan girl in my class and she says that the poem that tells about the morality in her religion tell people to talk little and listen much but do the Bible do so to? For if so perhaps my mother will not dislike Katrina so much."
The boy said hopefully.
"For she is pretty nice even if she is a witch...and my mother say she is evil."
He grinned, "Actually, the Bible verse I referenced to her say women should not speak in Church... Not one of Jesus' statements, so not quite as Word of God as a few other things... As for talking little and listening much - the world would be a better place if more people were wise enough to practice that. That tenet advocated trying to learn about an issue before stating an opinion on it; it promotes wisdom and understanding, and compassion, too. I very much doubt Katrina is evil, whatever your mother says."

"O...ok a couple of minutes then Mentor but I will defend Case if they come for him."
Anna said before she took a deep breath and started the meditation Richard hard taught her, you noticed her aura evening out a little but it was still very weak indicating she was in ill health.
He nodded, "As will I, sweetie. You calm down and relax for now."

"I will do any job if I can move out on my own Sir, tend a store, wash toilets anything."
Case said with conviction.
"I...have an education i want but my mother would not approve."
He said and looked down.
"She want me to study economics, that is money I think, so I can work in a bank and get rich."
He nodded thoughtfully, "What would you like to study, then? Mere money is... well, I find it convenient to have enough money, but it doesn't make me happy. Enough money merely offsets distress, too much causes either more distress or a sort of detached madness..."

"You don't think it is anything wrong with me Sir?"
Case said sounding shocked.
"Off course not...I like a girl, there is nothing wrong with that."
Anna said and she smiled a little, you had noticed that Richard's young sister had talked her Mentor into allowing her to visit Anna quite a few times and the two of them got along very well, to Richard's great despair. Case looked even more shocked then he looked at you again.
"You...do not think...it is something wrong with me thinking I am a girl either Sir?"
The child asked wide eyed.
He chuckled, "You know, poor Dr. Lee is still upset over that... Still, the heart will want what the heart will want, and none of us has any right to interfere with that, so long as no one is harmed..."
He shook his head, "I know men who are women, women who are men, and even a few individuals who are both... It's a lot less confusing if you just take a moment to see them as simply people, without getting hung up on specific parts of them."

"You have the same auras as Dr Jace, they are shimmering like rainbows, you know those metal rings with aluminum stuff on it that make it shimmer in all sort of colors, that is how they look, I see those sometimes but they are rare. Yours are very bright but Anna's are really pale and sort of flickering but it was not so pale when I met her in the waiting room but it is now, also there are these sort of black...things in her aura that are not in yours but they where in Dr Jace's, also she have bright, dark blue bubbles in her aura. Katrina and her parents have rainbows in her aura as well but they are less bright and sort of more defined insead of the colors just floating around."
Case explained.
"You do not think Dr Jace will hurt anyone again Sir are you sure?"
He nodded, "Dr. Jace is dead, not two months ago..."

Anna sigh at that.
"I had to in order to get them to let him go."
She protested then she looked down.
"Ok...I will apologize Mentor if you want me to but I don't like it!"
She said and pouted.
He smiled, "You are a dragon, sweetie - a bit lazy and docile, but a terror when roused in anger. But even so, sometimes that anger ends up hurting the wrong people, and those nurses were just doing their job. Next time, might I suggest something less damaging and more precise? A well-aimed tap at the elbows or wrists can get people to drop whatever they are holding without injuring them in the process..."

"What are that Sir?"
Case asked and the child looked like he had never heard the term before.
He smiled, "That's the term for boys and girls who were born with the wrong physical bits, like you. There is a word for it, believe it or not."

"Dr Boudavich are great she might be able to help."
Anna said and she seamed a bit more hopeful.
"What options do we have if that do not work though Mentor."
The girl asked.
He smiled, "Remember when I had your adoption expedited for Sleeper law? I had some excellent help from an understanding woman in the Child Protection Services - an acquaintance of Dr. Boudavich, in fact. She has just the perfect position to swiftly intercede on Case's behalf if necessary."

Case considered for a moment then he nodded.
"My mother believes in magic Sir, she think it is evil and my friend Katrina believe in magic, she put her hands on my feet when my eczema got really bad once and it got allot better...so yeah I think I do believe in it Sir but I am not so sure I think it is evil."
The boy said as he glanced up at you.
He nodded, "Dr. Jace, Anna and I are what is called Awakened Mages - we have the power to change Reality by sheer force of will and whim, though at a cost of Reality kicking back. By your description, Katrina and her parents are what is called Linear Mages, less flexible when put on the spot, but they exploit the loopholes and subtle flexibilities of Reality instead of outright changing it. Neither is more powerful than the other, really, it's a difference in kind more than in scale. As for Jace, he was an evil Mage who used children and spirits as playthings and weapons... and for that, he has been... dealt with. Magic itself is neither good nor evil, though there are good and evil uses for it. It's a lot like a hammer; if used to build houses, it's a force for good, if used to bludgeon people, it's a force for evil. Or if Christianity is used to give people hope and shelter the poor and sick, it's a force for good, but if it's used to justify oppressing the poor for not being loved enough by God to be successful, it's a force for evil."
He pulled out the Chaos Wand with a sly smile, "Would you like to experience a little magic, perhaps? I can try to give you a little protection, a dose of luck to protect you from those meaning to hurt you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Serge:

Serge sighed. He began to whisper back "Yeah your right. But I'm not hiding anything from them or lying to them. They know very well the dire situation were in. I'm just trying to tell them things that might ease their worry."

Rosa sigh at that.
"I understand that Serge but some of the things you are telling the girls are not exactly realistic."
She said with a frown.
"We should not scare them further but also at the same time stick with reality."

Serge looked down at his sketchbook and began to draw to ease his own worry, although this time was a little different. His hands were a lot shakier than usual. He seemed anxious as if only now realizing the dire situation they were in.

"I live off of lies and imaginary circumstances Rosa. Ever since I was a child. Believed in them until they become real or I made them real. Made others believe in them as well. Perhaps you'd like to comfort them as well Rosa? Or at least help me. Like you said I haven't been doing a very good job at doing it." Serge asked.

Rosa noticed your hands shaking and she put a hand on your arm gently, you could feel that she was still a little cold.
"First of all Cousin I have not said that you are not doing a good job in taking care of the girls or comforting them, they are drawing, and reasonably happy, you are doing a good job, I just want to make sure that what we tell them, while it might be a bit toned down...is the actual truth."
She whispered then she added.
"As for your inner world Serge embrace it, I mean it is part of you even if it is hard for the rest of us to understand at times...but yes let us good and keep the girls happy shall we?"
She said and she got to her feet a bit unsteady and walked over to the kitchen table.
"Is there room for one more?"
Se asked and Jane smiled and pulled out a chair for her.

"While I doubt the Technocracy trusts in any capacity they won't waste resources fighting a battle they don't have to. They'll wait and watch us destroy the Nephandi." he said believing that part to be at least somewhat true.

"But your right about that last part Jane. I won't deny that. And their's not really a good answer I can give you. We'll just have to hope that we're strong enough to fight them off when the time comes." Serge said with a sigh wishing that Jane wasn't as smart as she was.

Jane looked at you for a moment then she muttered.
"I am afraid of them...the Technocracy you know Sir, that they will come for me and my Mentor and my friends. But I guess you are right Sir, all we can do is prepare and hope it will be enough."
The mage child said softly.

"But let's worry about one thing at a time." Serge said sympathetically

Jane smiled a little sadly at that.
"Are you afraid of anything Sir?"

"Hopefully after today." Serge said with a sigh.

"Yeah...hopefully, stupid stupid Nephandi they all deserve a time out!"
Jane declared and the other little girls nodded in agreement. Yu Die looked skeptical.
"They deserve a hell of allot more than that but yes sure let us go with a time out for now Jane."
She said and the little Chorister smiled.

"I can draw the scales if you want. And you can place the glitter glue in each of them so that every scale shines individually." Serge offered.

"Yeah I would like that Sir...you are really good at drawing."
Cava agreed and she handed you the dark green crayon and Jane pulled the cork of the glitter glue so it was good and ready.

Nicole:

Instantly discounted the freezer; there was no way she'd have been able to move that one-handed, even... before. Checked the exterior door itself; if it opens, to lock or bolt it shut. If that's impossible, she'll simply shove two or three of the larger boxes in the way. Puts the boxes in front of the other door; after all it was there to merely slow any attacker, just in case they burst in while her mind had drifted for a moment.

No you would need to put both your hands and your back into pushing the freezer across the floor, there where plenty of boxes though. The exterior door did open, it had a lock but the door had a large glass window so it was not the most secure door in the world, this window to as covered in newspapers. You could always get Fran to help with the freezer though.

Unless the counter was directly visible from anyone entering the room from the Labyrinth - such as being directly in front of it, Nicole will place herself behind it, rifle at the ready. Having just a second or two where she can see them but not vice-versa might be the margin between victory and learning if the shit she'd been told as a kid about death was right...

The counter was placed one and a half meters from the same wall as the door to the portal room was in, so you could not both hide behind it and cover the door, if someone came through it then they would come otu sideways compared to you if you hid behind it.

Eyes widened on hearing the phone. Could be to check in to see if they were fine. Or, a customer wanting a booking, cold caller selling crap or even a con-artist wanting to tell them that they're their bank and "need to confirm their identity". Debated what to do for a second, decided nothing was best. Though it would be a little interesting to see just how insistent the caller was.

The phone kept on ringing, Fran glanced at you but said nothing. After the ringing ended there where only a few seconds before it started ringing again.
"Someone really want someone here to pick up."
The Euthanathos commented.
"What do we do now Miss Bouchard?"

(OOC: I will reply to your post soon Warp I just have a few things to do then I will sit down and get a post out for you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Nicole locked the external door and left it at that: it was only to stop random folk wandering in and getting mixed up in this. Chose to simply stand behind the counter; being able to squeeze off the first round before the enemy noticed they were there was the best - plus could always dive behind it if needs be...

Gave a nod to Fran on her arrival. 'I think... it might be the Fallen downstairs calling in to check. Answer if it you wish... but either way, be prepared for company any second now.' shouldering her rifle and aiming at the door.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Nicole:

Nicole locked the external door and left it at that: it was only to stop random folk wandering in and getting mixed up in this. Chose to simply stand behind the counter; being able to squeeze off the first round before the enemy noticed they were there was the best - plus could always dive behind it if needs be...

You got the exterior doors locked and got into position, you would be able to see someone coming through the door to the room with the portal before they saw you even if you did not have much cover.

Gave a nod to Fran on her arrival. 'I think... it might be the Fallen downstairs calling in to check. Answer if it you wish... but either way, be prepared for company any second now.' shouldering her rifle and aiming at the door.

Fran nodded she checked her gun again and took cover behind the old freezer.
"I am not so sure answering it will get us anything other than them perhaps learning our position or the chance they use the phone lines as a means of attack, Fallen Technomancers do happen after all."
The Euthanathos said and scoffed.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "If you are still conscious, the sight of needles will hurt more than heal... It's a sad state of affairs, but you'll need much more therapy yet to overcome that fear... I will do everything I can to avoid exacerbating it further."

Anna looked at you for a moment then she settled down she trusted you fully, if you said no one would be allowed to use needles on her while she was awake she knew that would be the case.
"I do not...want to die Mentor...but only if there is no other option ok...and tell tell them...to use the ones inside the little tubes of plastic so only the tip of the actual needle touch me."
She said finally still plucking at her swathes.

He gave Anna a stern look, "You won't die, that's an order, sweetie... Besides, if you don't get a good, long life, how will I get the crystal scale and the sand?"

The young Nephanda smiled at that.
"I am going to live Mentor...I will live for a long time."
She promised.

He shook his head, "Context is important - Jesus reacted with rage against money changers - bankers, if you will - working in a House of God. Profiteers using the Temple for their own profit rather than for the glory of God. Suffice to say, if He came back today, the preachers in Mega-Churches would not have much skin left on their backs... You cannot serve both God and Mammon at the same time. Your father... eh, so long as he does not try to do banking in the church or preach in Congress, I won't protest his work."

"Well he is in favor of laws that force others to follow our religion so that is a little like preaching in congress..."
Case said nervously.
"But it makes sense that one should not make money on religion but allot of people do anyway."

He nodded, "I will let it slide this time..."

"I will be more careful Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.

He grinned, "Actually, the Bible verse I referenced to her say women should not speak in Church... Not one of Jesus' statements, so not quite as Word of God as a few other things...

"I do not think it is fair that women can not speak in church if men can."
The boy said and he shook his head.

As for talking little and listening much - the world would be a better place if more people were wise enough to practice that. That tenet advocated trying to learn about an issue before stating an opinion on it; it promotes wisdom and understanding, and compassion, too. I very much doubt Katrina is evil, whatever your mother says."

"That seams like an good idea Sir to learn about an issue before talking about it...I think that is a good idea to live by."
Case said then he looked down.
"Katrina hides my girly things for me...I have a doll...and a lipstick and a pair of clip on earrings...she hides them for me so my parents won't find out, but if I am wrong and evil for being this way perhaps she is evil for helping me."
He said softly and he looked confused and scared.

He nodded, "As will I, sweetie. You calm down and relax for now."

Anna nodded and she begun meditating, her breath evening out, her little hands moving through the mudras Dr Lee had taught her and it seams the meditation where helping her calm down and let her heart settle down.
"My mother says that meditation is evil."
Case muttered and looked down.

He nodded thoughtfully, "What would you like to study, then? Mere money is... well, I find it convenient to have enough money, but it doesn't make me happy. Enough money merely offsets distress, too much causes either more distress or a sort of detached madness..."

"I want to study psychology, perhaps become a school conseler or something when I grow up I want to help others."
Case said.
"But my parents say that I need to choose something more high status, my own wishes matters little."
He said and he sigh sadly.

He chuckled, "You know, poor Dr. Lee is still upset over that... Still, the heart will want what the heart will want, and none of us has any right to interfere with that, so long as no one is harmed..."

"I know, Dr Lee thinks I will hurt his sister but I would never harm Yu Die...I really like Yu Die."
Anna said. Case looked big eyed at you and your apprentice talking not understanding how you could be so accepting of this.

He shook his head, "I know men who are women, women who are men, and even a few individuals who are both... It's a lot less confusing if you just take a moment to see them as simply people, without getting hung up on specific parts of them."

Case looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Seeing people as people yeah that makes sense Sir. I just want to be who I am rather than who my mother wants me to be."
The kid said firmly.

He nodded, "Dr. Jace is dead, not two months ago..."

"It is wrong to be glad that someone is dead...I know it is wrong Sir so I will not be but...he was not a good man."
Case said solemnly.

He smiled, "You are a dragon, sweetie - a bit lazy and docile, but a terror when roused in anger. But even so, sometimes that anger ends up hurting the wrong people, and those nurses were just doing their job. Next time, might I suggest something less damaging and more precise? A well-aimed tap at the elbows or wrists can get people to drop whatever they are holding without injuring them in the process..."

"They should not have held him down, and dragged him into the examination room Mentor...that someone is doing their job do not make it right."
The little girl declared.
"But if you teach me less harmful ways to fight I can use them next time."
She promised..
"And I am a dragon."
She agreed happily.

He smiled, "That's the term for boys and girls who were born with the wrong physical bits, like you. There is a word for it, believe it or not."

"There is word for it Sir...that...I never knew that. Do that mean there is others who feel like this?"
Case said eyes wide.
"I have never heard someone else describe it before Sir but you are right I was born with the wrong...bits."
She said and smiled a little at the acceptance you gave her.

He smiled, "Remember when I had your adoption expedited for Sleeper law? I had some excellent help from an understanding woman in the Child Protection Services - an acquaintance of Dr. Boudavich, in fact. She has just the perfect position to swiftly intercede on Case's behalf if necessary."

Anna smiled at that.
"Yeah I remember that Mentor...that would help, but it might not stop the examination today."
She said sounding concerned. Case looked down.
"I...it is ok I am just scared...and tired it have been so many tests...and sometimes I am not able to not make a sound, and when I make a sound my mother yells at me, tells me that boys don't cry and that I am making her ashamed of me...it makes me sad."
The kid said and she wiped several tears that had rolled down her cheeks.

He nodded, "Dr. Jace, Anna and I are what is called Awakened Mages - we have the power to change Reality by sheer force of will and whim, though at a cost of Reality kicking back. By your description, Katrina and her parents are what is called Linear Mages, less flexible when put on the spot, but they exploit the loopholes and subtle flexibilities of Reality instead of outright changing it. Neither is more powerful than the other, really, it's a difference in kind more than in scale.

Case looked really surprised.
"You are both...mages...but how can this be?"
She asked then she nodded accepting what you said.
"So is that why Anna calls you Mentor, she is not your daughter she is your apprentice?"

As for Jace, he was an evil Mage who used children and spirits as playthings and weapons... and for that, he has been... dealt with.

Case got a really strange look on her face.
"That would make it...that would make what he said make sense."
She said and shook her head.
"Sir is there something called an Avatar...I mean i thought Dr Jace where talking nonsense..."

Magic itself is neither good nor evil, though there are good and evil uses for it. It's a lot like a hammer; if used to build houses, it's a force for good, if used to bludgeon people, it's a force for evil. Or if Christianity is used to give people hope and shelter the poor and sick, it's a force for good, but if it's used to justify oppressing the poor for not being loved enough by God to be successful, it's a force for evil."

Case nodded.
"That do make sense Sir."
She agreed.

He pulled out the Chaos Wand with a sly smile, "Would you like to experience a little magic, perhaps? I can try to give you a little protection, a dose of luck to protect you from those meaning to hurt you..."

The kid grinned at that.
"I would like that Sir...I would like that allot."
She agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to herself on getting into position; she was now ready as she could be. 'True enough. Know how long before the cavalry show up?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Jeffry hung up and noting you look he said. "Apparently your Cabalmate had dropped in from the future to tell the good Deaconess that we would be needing our aid, she will come down from her office to meet us." Your Mentor informed you.

"I really hope that I'm not supposed to help him keep track off all his shenanigans," he said.

There was little time to respond and Jeffry just sprinted after the two women, it looked to you like they might be headed around the building along the riverside, perhaps in the hope of getting in through another annex or to get completely around and find escape there in some way, they did seam to you to be mostly interested in fleeing rather than setting up an ambush

Running wasn't the best thing for him to do, and he knew he had to keep the urge to go full out on everything in check. He was still hurt. He tried to figure out if there was a way to either cut them off before they got too far and if he could use a bit of ars to help without being noticed.

// busy weekend ahead! Ahoy! Also lol, glitter gets in everything!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Rosa noticed your hands shaking and she put a hand on your arm gently, you could feel that she was still a little cold.
"First of all Cousin I have not said that you are not doing a good job in taking care of the girls or comforting them, they are drawing, and reasonably happy, you are doing a good job, I just want to make sure that what we tell them, while it might be a bit toned down...is the actual truth."
She whispered then she added.
"As for your inner world Serge embrace it, I mean it is part of you even if it is hard for the rest of us to understand at times...but yes let us good and keep the girls happy shall we?"

"Your right we should tell them the actual truth. Let's focus on keeping the girls happy." Serge whispered softly. "Also thanks for the kind words Rosa."

She said and she got to her feet a bit unsteady and walked over to the kitchen table.
"Is there room for one more?"
Se asked and Jane smiled and pulled out a chair for her.

"Hey! I'm still in this." Serge smiled as he put his cheerful facade back on and joined the group.

Jane smiled a little sadly at that.
"Are you afraid of anything Sir?"

"I'm afraid of almost everything Jane. Not only of the Technocracy and the Nephandi but simple things like talking to people or just simply making a mistake. Hell I was afraid of girls at one point." Serge said with a small chuckle in his voice.

"It's OK to be afraid. Just don't let the fear overwhelm you." Serge said.

"Yeah...hopefully, stupid stupid Nephandi they all deserve a time out!"
Jane declared and the other little girls nodded in agreement. Yu Die looked skeptical.
"They deserve a hell of allot more than that but yes sure let us go with a time out for now Jane."
She said and the little Chorister smiled.

"If that fight with the Nephandi's spirits is any indication, they are probably going to get a lot worse than a time out if all goes well." Serge said with a grin. "Their was a lot of fire involved in that battle. It's fun watching Master Morgan fight."

"Yeah I would like that Sir...you are really good at drawing."
Cava agreed and she handed you the dark green crayon and Jane pulled the cork of the glitter glue so it was good and ready.

"All right then. Pay attention so that you can learn how to draw your own scaly beasts. All you have to do is this...." Serge said with a smile as he began to draw the scales. He made sure to move his hand slower than usual, so that the girls could focus on how he drew the individual scales.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 pm

Serge:

"Your right we should tell them the actual truth. Let's focus on keeping the girls happy." Serge whispered softly. "Also thanks for the kind words Rosa."

"Agreed on both accounts and you deserve the praise Cousin."
Rosa said and smiled.
"But yes let us focus on keeping the kids happy for now."

"Hey! I'm still in this." Serge smiled as he put his cheerful facade back on and joined the group.

"Jay let us draw some more Sir."
Jane said as you sat down. Rosa smiled and took a clean sheet of paper.
"So what should we be drawing?"
The other Cultist asked.

"I'm afraid of almost everything Jane. Not only of the Technocracy and the Nephandi but simple things like talking to people or just simply making a mistake. Hell I was afraid of girls at one point." Serge said with a small chuckle in his voice.

"You are shy Sir but that is ok, I am shy to with strangers, girls are not scary though."
Jane said and smiled as she reached for a blue crayon.

"It's OK to be afraid. Just don't let the fear overwhelm you." Serge said.

The young Chorister looked at you profoundly for a moment then she nodded.
"I will try Sir but that is not easy...there where a monster outside my window last night I was terrified of it, it was really scary but Master Morgan and Mr Roth Hicks killed the monster."
The little girl told you.

"If that fight with the Nephandi's spirits is any indication, they are probably going to get a lot worse than a time out if all goes well." Serge said with a grin. "Their was a lot of fire involved in that battle. It's fun watching Master Morgan fight."

"Master Morgan is really powerful Sir."
Jane said and nodded.
"Yeah our guys will win and the Nephandi will be sorry!"
She said happily.

"All right then. Pay attention so that you can learn how to draw your own scaly beasts. All you have to do is this...." Serge said with a smile as he began to draw the scales. He made sure to move his hand slower than usual, so that the girls could focus on how he drew the individual scales.

The four young mage girls paid attention to what you where doing.
"Wow, that is cool, I want to draw a fish now."
Jane exclaimed as she watched you draw scales.
"Fish got scales."
She said as Cava started adding glitter glue to her drawing.

Nicole:

A nod to herself on getting into position; she was now ready as she could be. 'True enough. Know how long before the cavalry show up?'

"Let me see, how long did it take us to get here? Half an hour or so...since they will be standing at the ready and would have started driving before getting word from us, fifteen minutes perhaps."
Fran said.
"Do you think the Fallen will send someone through to try to retake this place?"
She asked as she scowled at the door to the room where the portal where located.

Adley:

"I really hope that I'm not supposed to help him keep track off all his shenanigans," he said.

"The man is getting to be worse than a Cultist but you have to admit that his time abnormalities have proven to be most useful."
Jeffry said and shrugged.

Running wasn't the best thing for him to do, and he knew he had to keep the urge to go full out on everything in check. He was still hurt. He tried to figure out if there was a way to either cut them off before they got too far and if he could use a bit of ars to help without being noticed.

You did notice that you got tired quicker than usual while running however there where no pain. Gaining advantage on the two running women would be hard unless you correctly predicted their path and ran through the hospital itself to take a shortcut, magick though might help, Auram could create a fine tripwire which might allow your Mentor to overtake the two women, or you could go less advanced and pull a branch in front of the women's feet. More vulgar options might cause Paradox but where possibilities making them run into a wall of air perhaps, off course all of these ideas depended on your speed in casting and whatever or not they would be able to discover the effect before falling for the trap.

(OOC: Have a nice weekend Strife, and the rest of you as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Anja's Post:

A low snarl-groan on hearing the ETA. 'If they do, that's a good thing. Unless they go all-out on us. The other option is that they're using every second to bunker down and provide lots of gifts for us.'

'Who the fuck decided to leave us hanging for a quarter-hour anyways? We're giving 'em time to think and plan.' clearly a bit annoyed at this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:28 pm

"Jay let us draw some more Sir."
Jane said as you sat down. Rosa smiled and took a clean sheet of paper.
"So what should we be drawing?"
The other Cultist asked.

"I mean we could continue to draw aimlessly. Or we could play a game." Serge suggested.

"We could play pictionary. Write a bunch of stuff down on pieces of paper and one person picks one of those pieces of paper and attempted to draw it. The first person to guess what the drawer is drawing wins the round." he explained giving a very rough explanation of the game he had in mind.

"Or maybe some other game? Of course we could continue to draw Princess Katie's kingdom. It's up to you girls." Serge said with a smile.

The four young mage girls paid attention to what you where doing.
"Wow, that is cool, I want to draw a fish now."
Jane exclaimed as she watched you draw scales.
"Fish got scales."
She said as Cava started adding glitter glue to her drawing.

"Go right ahead!" Serge exclaimed ripping a blank piece of paper out of his sketchbook and handing it to Jane.

"I'll be right here if you need any help."

(OOC: You have a nice weekend too Anja. As well as to everyone else.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:03 am

Anna looked at you for a moment then she settled down she trusted you fully, if you said no one would be allowed to use needles on her while she was awake she knew that would be the case.
"I do not...want to die Mentor...but only if there is no other option ok...and tell tell them...to use the ones inside the little tubes of plastic so only the tip of the actual needle touch me."
She said finally still plucking at her swathes.
Colin nodded, "Of course. I will make every viable effort to avoid needless needling - requesting they use the encapsulated ones is the least trouble."

The young Nephanda smiled at that.
"I am going to live Mentor...I will live for a long time."
She promised.
He grinned, "I know you will."

"Well he is in favor of laws that force others to follow our religion so that is a little like preaching in congress..."
Case said nervously.
"But it makes sense that one should not make money on religion but allot of people do anyway."
He frowned, "Well, this country was founded on freedom of religion, to worship or not as one pleases. Not freedom to follow his beliefs or be damned... Your parents are of the Dominionist branch of Republicans, aren't they?"

"I do not think it is fair that women can not speak in church if men can."
The boy said and he shook his head.
He nodded, "Oh, by all means, I agree - that argument was provided by Paul in the first Corinthian letter, and Paul never knew Christ during Jesus' lifetime... I find that some of Paul's teachings are... contrary to, or at least not entirely aligned with those of Christ."

"That seams like an good idea Sir to learn about an issue before talking about it...I think that is a good idea to live by."
Case said then he looked down.
"Katrina hides my girly things for me...I have a doll...and a lipstick and a pair of clip on earrings...she hides them for me so my parents won't find out, but if I am wrong and evil for being this way perhaps she is evil for helping me."
He said softly and he looked confused and scared.
He shook his head, "Katrina is helping you be the best you you can be - healthy, happy and sane. I should like to meet her family, though - perhaps you can introduce us one day."

Anna nodded and she begun meditating, her breath evening out, her little hands moving through the mudras Dr Lee had taught her and it seams the meditation where helping her calm down and let her heart settle down.
"My mother says that meditation is evil."
Case muttered and looked down.
Colin snorted derisively, "Your mother is, if you will pardon me, an ignorant fool. The Bible itself includes passages that tell the reader to meditate on God and Scripture. At least a dozen times in the Psalms, I believe, and several other books, as well. Meditation is a practice - a method of focusing your mind on something of importance - not a heathen concept."

"I want to study psychology, perhaps become a school conseler or something when I grow up I want to help others."
Case said.
"But my parents say that I need to choose something more high status, my own wishes matters little."
He said and he sigh sadly.
He pondered for a moment, "Well, it might add a little to your courseload, but psychology and a few related courses could probably be easily justified to tack on to economics studies, at least to appease your mother temporarily. Understanding how people think can easily be defended as a means of manipulating their financial decisions... Not, of course, that I expect you would use it for such a nefarious purpose, but I'm sure you could convince your mother of that. Although, if you were to aim a little higher, I would suggest Psychiatry - it requires an understanding of psychology, and does offer a higher pay grade."

"I know, Dr Lee thinks I will hurt his sister but I would never harm Yu Die...I really like Yu Die."
Anna said. Case looked big eyed at you and your apprentice talking not understanding how you could be so accepting of this.
He smiled warmly, "Just make sure you don't pressure her into anything she is not comfortable with... and don't let her pressure you, either."

Case looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Seeing people as people yeah that makes sense Sir. I just want to be who I am rather than who my mother wants me to be."
The kid said firmly.
He nodded, "I'll drink to that."

"It is wrong to be glad that someone is dead...I know it is wrong Sir so I will not be but...he was not a good man."
Case said solemnly.
He nodded sagely, "I am not glad he is dead... Relieved, though, I will admit to that. He was a dangerous man, and he did not care who he hurt..."

"They should not have held him down, and dragged him into the examination room Mentor...that someone is doing their job do not make it right."
The little girl declared.
"But if you teach me less harmful ways to fight I can use them next time."
She promised..
"And I am a dragon."
She agreed happily.
He nodded, "I will ask Dr. Lee to give you some supplemental instruction."

"There is word for it Sir...that...I never knew that. Do that mean there is others who feel like this?"
Case said eyes wide.
"I have never heard someone else describe it before Sir but you are right I was born with the wrong...bits."
She said and smiled a little at the acceptance you gave her.
He nodded, "There are thousands... probably even millions of people like you. Not all of them live in countries where they can safely admit that, though..."

Anna smiled at that.
"Yeah I remember that Mentor...that would help, but it might not stop the examination today."
She said sounding concerned. Case looked down.
"I...it is ok I am just scared...and tired it have been so many tests...and sometimes I am not able to not make a sound, and when I make a sound my mother yells at me, tells me that boys don't cry and that I am making her ashamed of me...it makes me sad."
The kid said and she wiped several tears that had rolled down her cheeks.
He nodded, "We might not be able to stop the examination today... then again, we might be able to. With the information of Case being transgender, information which was withheld by his mother, the whole need for an examination will likely be immediately reconsidered in favour of a psychiatric evaluation. Which is why we need Dr. Boudavich's help, and her CPS associate."

Case looked really surprised.
"You are both...mages...but how can this be?"
She asked then she nodded accepting what you said.
"So is that why Anna calls you Mentor, she is not your daughter she is your apprentice?"
He grinned, "Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I took a surface-to-air missile to the face... Not everyone Awakens under such traumatic circumstances, though - and Anna is both my daughter and my apprentice. I formally adopted her, as a formal precaution."

Case got a really strange look on her face.
"That would make it...that would make what he said make sense."
She said and shook her head.
"Sir is there something called an Avatar...I mean i thought Dr Jace where talking nonsense..."
He nodded, "It is a real thing - a part of your soul, a companion who is your closest and oldest friend, and which enables a Mage to directly force their will on the world. I can conjure harmful energies or unravel the works of others, I can look into someone's past and future, and drastically shift their fortunes, too... And I am, if I may be so frank, a fairly skilled silversmith, as well."

The kid grinned at that.
"I would like that Sir...I would like that allot."
She agreed.
He grinned and gave the wand a little twirl, "Well, then, let's see if we can't give you a little luck for the next few days... Specifically, a bit of luck to defend you against those who would harm you. Try to follow this incantation: Fortuna, stamus contra malo... Fortuna, stamus contra malo..."
He repeated the line a few times until Case caught on, and lightly tapped the end of the wand against her head and chest - reinforcing the luck protecting the mind and the body, over and over, light as a feather...

((OOC: So, essentially an overpowered Games of Luck - a Rote which Colin has. So, assuming this can go by as Coincidental, that's a base diff of 5, -2 for unique Focus...so 3. Wink Arete rolls: 3,5,7 - 1,3,9 - 3,9,9 - 3,3,0. That brings me past the Arete+Willpower threshold of 9, so I'm setting aside four successes for duration (1 Story), and the rest into Effect. Sound good? Very Happy ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Latin fix.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:56 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Of course. I will make every viable effort to avoid needless needling - requesting they use the encapsulated ones is the least trouble."

Anna plucked at her light blue sweater again.
"Thank you Mentor, I have seen them on pictures Dr Boudavich have shown me, I am scared of them as well but when they have that tubing around them they are a little less scary."
Your apprentice muttered.
"The tubing look like the one that Mr Horton gave me that I have been making things with."
She commented and indeed she had, you currently had two key chains your apprentice had made with the tubing she still had no idea what was."

He grinned, "I know you will."

Anna smiled happily at that.

He frowned, "Well, this country was founded on freedom of religion, to worship or not as one pleases. Not freedom to follow his beliefs or be damned... Your parents are of the Dominionist branch of Republicans, aren't they?"

Case nodded.
"Yeah they are, and they say that the freedom of religion part refer to the freedom to chose what type of Christianity you want to follow."
She said and sigh.
"But I am not sure I...fit in any of them. I mean I believe in God, but...there is so much hate in what my parents believe."

He nodded, "Oh, by all means, I agree - that argument was provided by Paul in the first Corinthian letter, and Paul never knew Christ during Jesus' lifetime... I find that some of Paul's teachings are... contrary to, or at least not entirely aligned with those of Christ."

Case looked confused.
"But Sir my mother say that Paul was one of the apostles."
The kid protested.

He shook his head, "Katrina is helping you be the best you you can be - healthy, happy and sane. I should like to meet her family, though - perhaps you can introduce us one day."

"I have Katrina's phone number I could give you that Sir and the phone number to her dad. I have visited her family for dinner once but then my mother found out and..."
Case stopped talking and looked down and shivered.

Colin snorted derisively, "Your mother is, if you will pardon me, an ignorant fool. The Bible itself includes passages that tell the reader to meditate on God and Scripture. At least a dozen times in the Psalms, I believe, and several other books, as well. Meditation is a practice - a method of focusing your mind on something of importance - not a heathen concept."

"I guess that she is...at times but she is nice to."
Case said feeling the need to defend her mother.
"But she says meditation are just for hippies and witches and quite a few groups she use very bad words for...she use very bad words about people allot."
She said and sigh.

He pondered for a moment, "Well, it might add a little to your courseload, but psychology and a few related courses could probably be easily justified to tack on to economics studies, at least to appease your mother temporarily. Understanding how people think can easily be defended as a means of manipulating their financial decisions... Not, of course, that I expect you would use it for such a nefarious purpose, but I'm sure you could convince your mother of that. Although, if you were to aim a little higher, I would suggest Psychiatry - it requires an understanding of psychology, and does offer a higher pay grade."

"That are really good advice Sir...I might be able to talk my mother into that and I could do it I get good grades in school and I read two books a week, though my father said I should stop and do sports instead, he says that books lead to liberalism."
Case said and sigh.

He smiled warmly, "Just make sure you don't pressure her into anything she is not comfortable with... and don't let her pressure you, either."

"I do not think it is that thing Dr Lee is afraid of Mentor. I mean I am twelve and she is thirteen it will be some time yet, I think he is afraid I will corrupt her you know, but I am not a Nephandus anymore."
Anna said and sigh.
"And when we get old enough no I will not pressure her towards anything, I am more used to things like that for I have seen the others have sex in the Labyrinth all the time so I will let her come to me ad suggjest it and not the other way around if we are together when we get old enough that is."
The apprentice said without a hint of shame. Case looked like her eyes where about to roll out of her head though that something like that could be talked about that openly.

He nodded, "I'll drink to that."

The kid smiled a little at that.

He nodded sagely, "I am not glad he is dead... Relieved, though, I will admit to that. He was a dangerous man, and he did not care who he hurt..."

"No he did not, and once when I was on the operating table...my mother wanted a sample of what is inside my bones to be taken. I was pretty drugged though and scared so I can not be sure about what he said, but I think he spoke with two women and said that he needed at least five healthy adults to be able to make this...thing he was working on that would affect...ah I am not sure Sir he said the word Avatar."
Case said and scratched her head.
"I was afraid of him are you sure he is dead Sir?"

He nodded, "I will ask Dr. Lee to give you some supplemental instruction."

"That you Mentor, that will be fun."
Anna said happily.

He nodded, "There are thousands... probably even millions of people like you. Not all of them live in countries where they can safely admit that, though..."

"That is...are you sure Sir...thousands or millions but I thought only I felt this way I...I..."
Case said then she smiled, she seamed relieved to not be alone.

He nodded, "We might not be able to stop the examination today... then again, we might be able to. With the information of Case being transgender, information which was withheld by his mother, the whole need for an examination will likely be immediately reconsidered in favour of a psychiatric evaluation. Which is why we need Dr. Boudavich's help, and her CPS associate."

Anna nodded at that.
"Dr Boudavich is great she will be able to help."
The girl agreed and Case looked at you.
"Do you really think this will change anything Sir?"
She asked then she took your hand.
"We should go back then so Anna can get help from the doctor."
The kid said and she smiled a little though your apprentice still looked like she wanted to protest.

He grinned, "Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I took a surface-to-air missile to the face... Not everyone Awakens under such traumatic circumstances, though - and Anna is both my daughter and my apprentice. I formally adopted her, as a formal precaution."

"That must have hurt allot Sir."
Case said and she looked up at your scars.
"But if you got magic from it perhaps it was not a complete loss...do it hurt now?"
She asked then she looked at Anna.
"That is nice Sir."

He nodded, "It is a real thing - a part of your soul, a companion who is your closest and oldest friend, and which enables a Mage to directly force their will on the world. I can conjure harmful energies or unravel the works of others, I can look into someone's past and future, and drastically shift their fortunes, too... And I am, if I may be so frank, a fairly skilled silversmith, as well."

"That is just amazing Sir...you are a superhero!"
Case said and she looked at you and Anna with wonder.
"I think Dr Jace wanted to hurt those Avatar things though, he said he was making a....ehm it is hard to remember but he was making some drug that would drive it from the soul of a host...it makes no sense really perhaps it was just the painkillers talking."
She said and scratched her head.
"You are a silversmith Sir? That is cool you make pretty things."

He grinned and gave the wand a little twirl, "Well, then, let's see if we can't give you a little luck for the next few days... Specifically, a bit of luck to defend you against those who would harm you. Try to follow this incantation: Fortuna, stamus contra malo... Fortuna, stamus contra malo..."
He repeated the line a few times until Case caught on, and lightly tapped the end of the wand against her head and chest - reinforcing the luck protecting the mind and the body, over and over, light as a feather...

Case looked like she was focusing intently and she soon caught onto the words and repeated them then she giggled.
"It feels warm Sir and the colors around you are swirling."
She commented, you got the feeling your spell worked pretty well, it was a sense of satisfaction as you completed the rote.

(OOC: That sounds good.)

Serge:

"I mean we could continue to draw aimlessly. Or we could play a game." Serge suggested.

"We could play pictionary. Write a bunch of stuff down on pieces of paper and one person picks one of those pieces of paper and attempted to draw it. The first person to guess what the drawer is drawing wins the round." he explained giving a very rough explanation of the game he had in mind.

"Or maybe some other game? Of course we could continue to draw Princess Katie's kingdom. It's up to you girls." Serge said with a smile.

"That sounds fun Sir."
Jane said and the others nodded.
"We can draw more of Princess Katie's kingdom later we can play a game now."
Cava said. Rosa smiled.
"I think I have a note book with small pages we can take those to draw on."
She said and got up a bit unsteady.
"I will go and get it."

"Go right ahead!" Serge exclaimed ripping a blank piece of paper out of his sketchbook and handing it to Jane.

Jane begun to draw a pink, orange and silver fish.
"Thank you Sir."
She said and smiled.

"I'll be right here if you need any help."

"Thank you...ehm how do I draw gills Sir?"
She asked and pointed to the scrap of paper.
"My fish needs to be able to breathe or she will be very sad and we can't have that."

Nicole:

A low snarl-groan on hearing the ETA. 'If they do, that's a good thing. Unless they go all-out on us. The other option is that they're using every second to bunker down and provide lots of gifts for us.'

"Yeah...that would be a problem, then again I am not sure I would want to play tower defense with myself as a tower...ehm sorry it is a computer game genre where you...ah I guess it do not matter."
Fran said and sigh.
"Well every Nephandus we kill now is one less Nephandus to fight later..."

Who the fuck decided to leave us hanging for a quarter-hour anyways? We're giving 'em time to think and plan.' clearly a bit annoyed at this.

"Well there is allot of locations that needs to come together...in either case things are as they are and we have to do the best out of it."
Fran said, then there where a sound from the room with the portal and Fran swore and glanced over at you.
"Shit!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:05 am

'I know it.' Nicole replied. 'And I look at it the exact same way.'

'Yeah, I know... it's a shit sandwich and this is my bite.' she said. 'I'll do the bite, but no fucking way I'm gonna pretend I like it...' dropping to silence on hearing the noise behind the door, re-aiming her rifle so to get a good shot as soon as the door opened.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:44 am

Anna plucked at her light blue sweater again.
"Thank you Mentor, I have seen them on pictures Dr Boudavich have shown me, I am scared of them as well but when they have that tubing around them they are a little less scary."
Your apprentice muttered.
"The tubing look like the one that Mr Horton gave me that I have been making things with."
She commented and indeed she had, you currently had two key chains your apprentice had made with the tubing she still had no idea what was."
Colin almost smirked, "So it does. Odd how that is..."

Case nodded.
"Yeah they are, and they say that the freedom of religion part refer to the freedom to chose what type of Christianity you want to follow."
She said and sigh.
"But I am not sure I...fit in any of them. I mean I believe in God, but...there is so much hate in what my parents believe."
He nodded, "I left the Anglican Church years ago, myself... I can't quite justify to myself worshiping a vindictive, petty god as is described in the Bible, and I have a few... issues with mortal organizations that govern worship, as well. To quote a movie from the eighties, though, Me and Jesus? We'd be mates."

Case looked confused.
"But Sir my mother say that Paul was one of the apostles."
The kid protested.
He nodded, "So he was, but he was not one of Christ's twelve disciples. Paul, or Saul as his given name was, was originally a persecutor of Christians, who had a vision one day. That was well after Christ ascended to Heaven. He never actually met Jesus in the flesh."

"I have Katrina's phone number I could give you that Sir and the phone number to her dad. I have visited her family for dinner once but then my mother found out and..."
Case stopped talking and looked down and shivered.
He nodded, "That would be useful, but... I was hoping for a personal introduction, as well."

"I guess that she is...at times but she is nice to."
Case said feeling the need to defend her mother.
"But she says meditation are just for hippies and witches and quite a few groups she use very bad words for...she use very bad words about people allot."
She said and sigh.
He nodded, "She called me a liberal in a most accusing tone. I can assure you, with her attitude, your parents will not be receiving a Christmas card from me this year."

"That are really good advice Sir...I might be able to talk my mother into that and I could do it I get good grades in school and I read two books a week, though my father said I should stop and do sports instead, he says that books lead to liberalism."
Case said and sigh.
He frowned, "Well, your father is not entirely wrong about books having a tendency to lead to liberalism... His particular brand of conservatism thrives on an ignorant populace; people who do not think for themselves are much easier to control and manipulate. Doing some form of sports, of course, is generally healthy, but I would recommend some caution in what sort of sport you choose. Try to avoid something that will earn you lasting damage, like football or boxing."

"I do not think it is that thing Dr Lee is afraid of Mentor. I mean I am twelve and she is thirteen it will be some time yet, I think he is afraid I will corrupt her you know, but I am not a Nephandus anymore."
Anna said and sigh.
"And when we get old enough no I will not pressure her towards anything, I am more used to things like that for I have seen the others have sex in the Labyrinth all the time so I will let her come to me ad suggjest it and not the other way around if we are together when we get old enough that is."
The apprentice said without a hint of shame. Case looked like her eyes where about to roll out of her head though that something like that could be talked about that openly.
He nodded, "Oh, I know you won't corrupt her. I just worry that either of you might pressure the other - consciously or not - outside your respective comfort zones. That sort of thing could cause some unpleasant rifts between people - I've seen it happen, and it was not necessarily sexual in nature. Hell, I've seen friendships broken over a rollercoaster, when one pressured the other into riding, despite pretty bad motion sickness..."

"No he did not, and once when I was on the operating table...my mother wanted a sample of what is inside my bones to be taken. I was pretty drugged though and scared so I can not be sure about what he said, but I think he spoke with two women and said that he needed at least five healthy adults to be able to make this...thing he was working on that would affect...ah I am not sure Sir he said the word Avatar."
Case said and scratched her head.
"I was afraid of him are you sure he is dead Sir?"
He frowned, "A bone marrow sample, then... Do you remember what the thing he was working on was supposed to do to an Avatar? Suppress it, Awaken it, sever it, something of that sort? This might be important..."
He pondered momentarily, "I am in two points of time at once right now... I'm here with you now, but I am also sitting... somewhere else, a couple of months ago, on the day we battled Jace's group. A few of my friends went to kill him, and I am confident they will have succeeded as they already did in another timeline... but I know that in the first timeline where they fought him, we... lost people, as well. I don't know how well things went this time around, but I do know we had the means to ensure he went down, regardless of our own losses..."

"That you Mentor, that will be fun."
Anna said happily.
He grinned, "Perhaps he can arrange for Yu Die to train alongside you."

"That is...are you sure Sir...thousands or millions but I thought only I felt this way I...I..."
Case said then she smiled, she seamed relieved to not be alone.
He shrugged, "Not thousands of millions, perhaps - that would be billions, and there are only about seven billion people on the planet... but, quite possibly several million people, perhaps tens of millions."

Anna nodded at that.
"Dr Boudavich is great she will be able to help."
The girl agreed and Case looked at you.
"Do you really think this will change anything Sir?"
She asked then she took your hand.
"We should go back then so Anna can get help from the doctor."
The kid said and she smiled a little though your apprentice still looked like she wanted to protest.
He smiled to Anna, "Now, now, sweetie, there's no point in frowning - hiding here is not going to be productive. Holding a planning session, that might serve a purpose, but a defensive position can not be held forever, and the people on the outside can easily outlast us on the inside."

"That must have hurt allot Sir."
Case said and she looked up at your scars.
"But if you got magic from it perhaps it was not a complete loss...do it hurt now?"
She asked then she looked at Anna.
"That is nice Sir."
He nodded, "It did hurt, very much. Now, though, there's a lingering stiffness and faint numbness in the scars, that's about it."

"That is just amazing Sir...you are a superhero!"
Case said and she looked at you and Anna with wonder.
"I think Dr Jace wanted to hurt those Avatar things though, he said he was making a....ehm it is hard to remember but he was making some drug that would drive it from the soul of a host...it makes no sense really perhaps it was just the painkillers talking."
She said and scratched her head.
"You are a silversmith Sir? That is cool you make pretty things."
He frowned and mumbled, "He was trying to bottle... hum, I need to pass that message on in the past."
He shook his head, "I'm not a superhero, so much as a wizard. And yes, I do make some pretty things."

Case looked like she was focusing intently and she soon caught onto the words and repeated them then she giggled.
"It feels warm Sir and the colors around you are swirling."
She commented, you got the feeling your spell worked pretty well, it was a sense of satisfaction as you completed the rote.
He nodded, "That's the colour of magic... in this case, the magic of directly manipulating the outcome of future events."

((OOC: Well, shit, Gilgul in a bottle, not good. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next