Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 9 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Nicole:

'I know it.' Nicole replied. 'And I look at it the exact same way.'

"I guess we are well and fully in it now so there is little we can do but roll with it though."
Fran said and sigh.

'Yeah, I know... it's a shit sandwich and this is my bite.' she said. 'I'll do the bite, but no fucking way I'm gonna pretend I like it...' dropping to silence on hearing the noise behind the door, re-aiming her rifle so to get a good shot as soon as the door opened.

The Euthanathos nodded she gave you a bit of a frown though, then there where no more time to talk as the door to the room with the portal burst forward in pieces as a ball of flame burst tough it. Fran cast herself to the side with a shout, you where lucky and you where not hit by either the ball of flame or the splinters from the door, the ball had blown out all the windows though and blown glass shards and newspaper into the street.

Colin:

Colin almost smirked, "So it does. Odd how that is..."

"Yeah really odd, though I guess one type of silicone tubing will be similar to another type."
Anna said and nodded still looking scared but far more calm now.

He nodded, "I left the Anglican Church years ago, myself... I can't quite justify to myself worshiping a vindictive, petty god as is described in the Bible, and I have a few... issues with mortal organizations that govern worship, as well. To quote a movie from the eighties, though, Me and Jesus? We'd be mates."

Case looked rather horrified for a moment then she sigh.
"I do believe in God and in Jesus but some of the hate and the smiting and all of that is hard to swallow..."
The child said.

He nodded, "So he was, but he was not one of Christ's twelve disciples. Paul, or Saul as his given name was, was originally a persecutor of Christians, who had a vision one day. That was well after Christ ascended to Heaven. He never actually met Jesus in the flesh."

"But my mother says..."
Case protested then she nodded.
"So he wrote things afterwards then Sir?"

He nodded, "That would be useful, but... I was hoping for a personal introduction, as well."

"I can do that Sir if my mother lets me."
Case said and smiled.

He nodded, "She called me a liberal in a most accusing tone. I can assure you, with her attitude, your parents will not be receiving a Christmas card from me this year."

Case smiled a little at that.
"To my mother being a liberal is just about the worst thing you can be in the world. But I am not so sure I agree I have read about politics and some liberal ideas are really good."

He frowned, "Well, your father is not entirely wrong about books having a tendency to lead to liberalism... His particular brand of conservatism thrives on an ignorant populace; people who do not think for themselves are much easier to control and manipulate. Doing some form of sports, of course, is generally healthy, but I would recommend some caution in what sort of sport you choose. Try to avoid something that will earn you lasting damage, like football or boxing."

"It is hard to agree with my father when a boy in my school have a bad ankle but because his father do not have allot of money and he was born with this issue they can't afford to fix it that seams unfair to me for example."
Case said then she nodded.
I think basketball is rather fun but it is no fun being in the wardrobe with the boys.

He nodded, "Oh, I know you won't corrupt her. I just worry that either of you might pressure the other - consciously or not - outside your respective comfort zones. That sort of thing could cause some unpleasant rifts between people - I've seen it happen, and it was not necessarily sexual in nature. Hell, I've seen friendships broken over a rollercoaster, when one pressured the other into riding, despite pretty bad motion sickness..."

"I can understand that Mentor and I do not want to pressure Yu Die into anything she do not want to do, and I usually do not do things I do not want to do unless I really, really have to."
Anna said and smiled a little.

He frowned, "A bone marrow sample, then... Do you remember what the thing he was working on was supposed to do to an Avatar? Suppress it, Awaken it, sever it, something of that sort? This might be important..."

"Yeah they wanted to look at what is inside my bones it really, really hurt even if I where drugged."
Case said and she looked uneasy for a moment.
"I am not sure but he said he wanted to seperate the thing he call an Avatar from the host's soul. That he would make a drug or a gas or something that would do that."
She said.
"But like I said I where pretty drugged Sir."

He pondered momentarily, "I am in two points of time at once right now... I'm here with you now, but I am also sitting... somewhere else, a couple of months ago, on the day we battled Jace's group. A few of my friends went to kill him, and I am confident they will have succeeded as they already did in another timeline... but I know that in the first timeline where they fought him, we... lost people, as well. I don't know how well things went this time around, but I do know we had the means to ensure he went down, regardless of our own losses..."

"He said something about creating some sort of anti venom or something that would protect him from his own drug...other than that I do not know what I can tell you Sir other than that he have his offices here in this hospital."
Case said regretfully.
"Will your people be okey Sir?"

He grinned, "Perhaps he can arrange for Yu Die to train alongside you."

"I think that would make him look like he had swallowed a cactus Mentor."
Anna said and giggled.
"But I would really like to."

He shrugged, "Not thousands of millions, perhaps - that would be billions, and there are only about seven billion people on the planet... but, quite possibly several million people, perhaps tens of millions."

Case smiled happily at that.
"That is allot of people Sir."

He smiled to Anna, "Now, now, sweetie, there's no point in frowning - hiding here is not going to be productive. Holding a planning session, that might serve a purpose, but a defensive position can not be held forever, and the people on the outside can easily outlast us on the inside."

"But they might poke at Case with needles..."
Anna protested. Case sigh.
"It is ok...I will be ok."
She said and she looked down tired and scared.
"Be we should still go back."

He nodded, "It did hurt, very much. Now, though, there's a lingering stiffness and faint numbness in the scars, that's about it."

"I am glad you do not feel pain anymore Sir."
Case said and smiled.
"It is no fun to be hurting."

He frowned and mumbled, "He was trying to bottle... hum, I need to pass that message on in the past."
He shook his head, "I'm not a superhero, so much as a wizard. And yes, I do make some pretty things."

"I think a wizard is kind of like a superhero Sir."
Case said and grinned.

He nodded, "That's the colour of magic... in this case, the magic of directly manipulating the outcome of future events."

That is cool Sir...that is a real neat power to have."
Case said, there was a slight knock on the door, one that where light and careful so it would not scare the children. Anna rose she still looked rather pale and shaky but she gave the door a suspicious look.
"They have found us it seams."
She muttered.

(OOC: The man is a Nephandus did you expect him to be nice? But no it is more banishing the soul for a short moment but that will be bad enough to take those mages out of the equation for quite some time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 9 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:55 pm

"That sounds fun Sir."
Jane said and the others nodded.
"We can draw more of Princess Katie's kingdom later we can play a game now."
Cava said. Rosa smiled.
"I think I have a note book with small pages we can take those to draw on."
She said and got up a bit unsteady.
"I will go and get it."

"All right. Their's still a lot more places we need to draw in the kingdom." Serge said with a smile. Although he did really want to play the game....moreso for the chance to cheat at it than anything else.

"Their's still the Cinema and the market that Yu Die suggested. And perhaps a royal garden with exotic flowers and other things of that nature." he suggested takinga blank piece of paper and drawing

Jane begun to draw a pink, orange and silver fish.
"Thank you Sir."
She said and smiled.
"Thank you...ehm how do I draw gills Sir?"
She asked and pointed to the scrap of paper.
"My fish needs to be able to breathe or she will be very sad and we can't have that."

"Your right. No one wants a sad fish." Serge agreed.

"Gills are simple. Just a few lines along her fishy neck. They don't need to be overly detailed. And when people see them they'll know what they are." he said placing a small line along the neck of the fish that Jane had drawn to show her what he meant.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

"All right. Their's still a lot more places we need to draw in the kingdom." Serge said with a smile. Although he did really want to play the game....moreso for the chance to cheat at it than anything else.

"Their's still the Cinema and the market that Yu Die suggested. And perhaps a royal garden with exotic flowers and other things of that nature." he suggested takinga blank piece of paper and drawing

"Yeah there is allot of things to draw, but we can play the game first Sir."
Jane said and she smiled as Rosa returned with the note pad.
"Then we can draw the royal gardens and all of it."
Cava commented. Rosa smiled a little.
"So Serge who do we play this game of yours?"
She asked.

"Your right. No one wants a sad fish." Serge agreed.

"No that would be bad Sir."
Jane said and nodded as she gave her fish a smiling mouth.

"Gills are simple. Just a few lines along her fishy neck. They don't need to be overly detailed. And when people see them they'll know what they are." he said placing a small line along the neck of the fish that Jane had drawn to show her what he meant.

"Ahh that works, thank you Sir, now my fish can breathe and she will be happy."
Jane said and grinned as she colored in more brightly colored scales.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:52 pm

"Yeah there is allot of things to draw, but we can play the game first Sir."
Jane said and she smiled as Rosa returned with the note pad.
"Then we can draw the royal gardens and all of it."
Cava commented. Rosa smiled a little.
"So Serge who do we play this game of yours?"
She asked.

"Well I was thinking we could all write a couple of simple things on a pieces of paper." Serge began.

"Stuff like bird, cat, dog, girl. That sorta of stuff. Than one person picks something out of the pile of papers and then tries to draws it without saying a single word. As their drawing we all take turns trying to guess what their drawing." he explained taking a page from his sketchbook and placing it in the centre of all of the girls. He began to slowly draw on the page in clear view of everyone to show how the game was played. He began to draw a dinosaur, drawing it's large scaly tail first.

"If someone manages to guess what the drawer is sketching before they finish the picture then both the guesser and the drawer win the round. The drawer wins because she managed to draw well enough to have someone figure out what she's drawing. The guesser wins cause she managed to figure out what was being drawn." Serge said continuing his drawing of the dinosaur but being careful not too finish it too fast to give the girls a chance to figure out what he was drawing and to guess. He only drew the tail and the large feet, not wanting to give it away too fast.

"The guesser than becomes the drawers and chooses another paper from the pile. And we sorta continue like that until we get bored. You know it's sorta like hangman with pictures. Or charades with pictures.....you know I just noticed that a lot of these types of games involve a group of people trying to guess something." he mused.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:33 pm

"The man is getting to be worse than a Cultist but you have to admit that his time abnormalities have proven to be most useful."
Jeffry said and shrugged.

He gave a shrug and shake of his head. "No disagreements."

You did notice that you got tired quicker than usual while running however there where no pain...

Dammit…they couldn’t afford to let them get away and he couldn’t keep running either and separate too far from the others, that was becoming apparent pain or not. Once, when he was a kid, someone had relocated the clothesline in the yard and he didn't notice it till it was too late. Flung backwards off his bike, he'd been left stunned on the grass with a red mark across his neck that lasted for three days and the sting of embarrassment. He strafed across towards the building for some cover and kept the pair in line of sight so he could try to pull off a tripwire spell in front of them with auram aimed lower at their feet - less conspicuous, maybe there's a crack in the sidewalk. Maybe their shoe heel busted or the sidewalk was slippery. Maybe a lot of things, he didn't care exactly how changing that bit of air to thicken it would look to the universe's critical eye as long as it stopped or slowed them down and was not flashy enough to get a lot of sleeper attention. To that end he kept his hands tucked as close as he could, forming 'rego' and 'auram' in sequence as he spoke the words 'cespito.'

// Forces: 6, 5, 3

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:27 pm

"Yeah really odd, though I guess one type of silicone tubing will be similar to another type."
Anna said and nodded still looking scared but far more calm now.
Colin nodded, "I suppose it just might be the same type of tubing, just applied to different things - same thing with syringes; I keep a few in my workshop, they are the exact same type you get for medical purposes, but the needles are blunt and thick, and used for oiling fine machines like mechanical watches and the like, or rinsing filigree silver. No chance of them being used on people."

Case looked rather horrified for a moment then she sigh.
"I do believe in God and in Jesus but some of the hate and the smiting and all of that is hard to swallow..."
The child said.
He nodded, "Oh, Jehovah is real enough, but so are other gods. Some good, some bad, some utterly indifferent to humankind..."

"But my mother says..."
Case protested then she nodded.
"So he wrote things afterwards then Sir?"
He nodded, "Oh, he was not a bad person as such - and he did a lot of good founding churches and addressing injustices against Christians - but some of the arguments he makes are not explicitly founded in the recorded sermons of Christ."

"I can do that Sir if my mother lets me."
Case said and smiled.
He nodded, "Well... give me the number anyway - I might call her a bit sooner than one might expect."

"To my mother being a liberal is just about the worst thing you can be in the world. But I am not so sure I agree I have read about politics and some liberal ideas are really good."
He nodded, "A middle ground is the best, really - preserve what is good and works, and change that which is no longer serving the people and the country..."

"It is hard to agree with my father when a boy in my school have a bad ankle but because his father do not have allot of money and he was born with this issue they can't afford to fix it that seams unfair to me for example."
Case said then she nodded.
I think basketball is rather fun but it is no fun being in the wardrobe with the boys.
He nodded, "And there is the big problem with the so-called prosperity gospel. The latest statistics I saw clearly stated that it takes eighteen years of not a single problem to climb out of poverty, and the healthcare system here is utterly buggered beyond anything you'll find in any other developed country. Someone who has not had the good fortune to be born to rich parents has a severe disadvantage every step of the way..."

"I can understand that Mentor and I do not want to pressure Yu Die into anything she do not want to do, and I usually do not do things I do not want to do unless I really, really have to."
Anna said and smiled a little.
He grinned, "You understand my concerns perfectly, it seems."

"Yeah they wanted to look at what is inside my bones it really, really hurt even if I where drugged."
Case said and she looked uneasy for a moment.
"I am not sure but he said he wanted to seperate the thing he call an Avatar from the host's soul. That he would make a drug or a gas or something that would do that."
She said.
"But like I said I where pretty drugged Sir."
He frowned, "That's a worrisome prospect... Yes, a marrow extraction hurts a lot, even if you are sedated; having your bones drilled into isn't going to be comfortable by any stretch of the imagination."

"I think that would make him look like he had swallowed a cactus Mentor."
Anna said and giggled.
"But I would really like to."
He grinned wryly, "More like he swallowed a mouthful of some really bitter liquid... but then again, he might accept it as a good opportunity to keep an eye on the two of you."

Case smiled happily at that.
"That is allot of people Sir."
He nodded, "And still, that's just a couple of people out of a thousand..."

"But they might poke at Case with needles..."
Anna protested. Case sigh.
"It is ok...I will be ok."
She said and she looked down tired and scared.
"Be we should still go back."
He nodded, "They might... but I think calling in a second opinion will help restrain that."

"I am glad you do not feel pain anymore Sir."
Case said and smiled.
"It is no fun to be hurting."
He smiled wryly, "No, it's not fun... It's a good sign something is wrong with your body, but it's unfortunately not a very accurate diagnostic tool to determine precisely what is wrong..."

"I think a wizard is kind of like a superhero Sir."
Case said and grinned.
He grinned back, "Well, we have saved the world from time to time."

That is cool Sir...that is a real neat power to have."
Case said, there was a slight knock on the door, one that where light and careful so it would not scare the children. Anna rose she still looked rather pale and shaky but she gave the door a suspicious look.
"They have found us it seams."
She muttered.
He nodded, "So it seems... However, from the knocking, I'd surmise Case's mother is still a distance off, and that that might be Dr. Boudavich, actually... I must've let her know about this meeting weeks ago..."
He turned and slowly opened the door, slipping the wand back into his inside pocket, "Yes?"

((OOC: That's bad enough; we can't have that, can we?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:56 am

Serge:

"Well I was thinking we could all write a couple of simple things on a pieces of paper." Serge began.

"Stuff like bird, cat, dog, girl. That sorta of stuff. Than one person picks something out of the pile of papers and then tries to draws it without saying a single word. As their drawing we all take turns trying to guess what their drawing." he explained taking a page from his sketchbook and placing it in the centre of all of the girls. He began to slowly draw on the page in clear view of everyone to show how the game was played. He began to draw a dinosaur, drawing it's large scaly tail first.

"That sounds really fun Sir let us do that!"
Jane said as she paid attention to what you where drawing.
"So someone draw and the others guess what is being drawn?"
She asked.
"That is a dinosaur Sir!"
Cava exclaimed happily.

"If someone manages to guess what the drawer is sketching before they finish the picture then both the guesser and the drawer win the round. The drawer wins because she managed to draw well enough to have someone figure out what she's drawing. The guesser wins cause she managed to figure out what was being drawn." Serge said continuing his drawing of the dinosaur but being careful not too finish it too fast to give the girls a chance to figure out what he was drawing and to guess. He only drew the tail and the large feet, not wanting to give it away too fast.

"That sounds really fun Sir!"
The little girls exclaimed. Rosa smiled.
"Sure I am game."

"The guesser than becomes the drawers and chooses another paper from the pile. And we sorta continue like that until we get bored. You know it's sorta like hangman with pictures. Or charades with pictures.....you know I just noticed that a lot of these types of games involve a group of people trying to guess something." he mused.

"Yeah they sort of do Sir."
Jane said and nodded.
"Well we have paper and art supplies."
Rosa said as she tore some pages from the note pad and put them on the table.
"We should get going."

Adley:

He gave a shrug and shake of his head. "No disagreements."

Your Mentor just smiled a little at that.

Dammit…they couldn’t afford to let them get away and he couldn’t keep running either and separate too far from the others, that was becoming apparent pain or not. Once, when he was a kid, someone had relocated the clothesline in the yard and he didn't notice it till it was too late. Flung backwards off his bike, he'd been left stunned on the grass with a red mark across his neck that lasted for three days and the sting of embarrassment. He strafed across towards the building for some cover and kept the pair in line of sight so he could try to pull off a tripwire spell in front of them with auram aimed lower at their feet - less conspicuous, maybe there's a crack in the sidewalk. Maybe their shoe heel busted or the sidewalk was slippery. Maybe a lot of things, he didn't care exactly how changing that bit of air to thicken it would look to the universe's critical eye as long as it stopped or slowed them down and was not flashy enough to get a lot of sleeper attention. To that end he kept his hands tucked as close as he could, forming 'rego' and 'auram' in sequence as he spoke the words 'cespito.'

It was a cleaver way to hide magick under the radar of reality, casting the spell, sending out the intent and the will but letting reality itself choose how it was implemented, it saved the caster from Paradox and sleepers from witnessing something they should not. To you it looked like the first woman's heel was caught on a rock in the path sending her tumbling to the ground, twisting her ankle painfully, she cried out but before the older woman could get to her she lost her footing on a branch and went to the ground as well, as if the air itself and pushed the branch into their path. You also notice that Adjan had his dice out and where rolling them in his hand, and for some reason the nearby sleepers did not look in the direction of the two women or your group who where chasing them. The pair got to their feet but the younger woman where now limping and the older one seamed unwilling to just leave her so instead she turned to face Jeffry and the others, crackling energy in her hands.
"Run Lily, run...leave me!"
The younger woman pleased but the older one shook her head and stood firm.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I suppose it just might be the same type of tubing, just applied to different things - same thing with syringes; I keep a few in my workshop, they are the exact same type you get for medical purposes, but the needles are blunt and thick, and used for oiling fine machines like mechanical watches and the like, or rinsing filigree silver. No chance of them being used on people."

Anna shivered at that and wrapped her arms around herself.
"That is a little scary...but Dr Boudawich says that an important step in my therapy is learning that needles have more uses than what...Gabriel did."
She said softly.
"But they are still scary...the tube thing is ok I guess. I am making a door mat with large, clear glass beads and then when I use clear tube to weave them all together with the door mat will be all transparent is not that cool. And Yu Die while she is afraid of needles to are not afraid of sewing."
Anna said and she smiled a little though she still looked a little scared.
"Have doctors ever used the ones with the tube on them on you Mentor?"
She asked nervously.

He nodded, "Oh, Jehovah is real enough, but so are other gods. Some good, some bad, some utterly indifferent to humankind..."

"There are other Gods Sir? I mean Katrina worship many Gods but my mother says that is evil."
Case said wide eyed.

He nodded, "Oh, he was not a bad person as such - and he did a lot of good founding churches and addressing injustices against Christians - but some of the arguments he makes are not explicitly founded in the recorded sermons of Christ."

"I understand Sir, one of my history teachers says that the texts of the Bible was written a long time after Jesus had gone to heaven and so not by anyone who ever met him, but my mother says the apostles wrote it and she got that teacher fired."
Case said and nodded.

He nodded, "Well... give me the number anyway - I might call her a bit sooner than one might expect."

Case nodded she pulled her iphone out of her pocket and brought up a contact and showed you the number.
"This is for Katrina Sir."
he said and flipped to another contact.
"And this is for her dad."
The contact being market simply as Leon Katrina's Dad.

He nodded, "A middle ground is the best, really - preserve what is good and works, and change that which is no longer serving the people and the country..."

"Yeah...I think I agree with that Sir."
Case said and smiled.

He nodded, "And there is the big problem with the so-called prosperity gospel. The latest statistics I saw clearly stated that it takes eighteen years of not a single problem to climb out of poverty, and the healthcare system here is utterly buggered beyond anything you'll find in any other developed country. Someone who has not had the good fortune to be born to rich parents has a severe disadvantage every step of the way..."

"I did not think it took that look Sir but it makes sense for if all it took was getting a job like my Dad says. John's Dad have two jobs and his Mom to and they are pretty bad of."
Case said sounding concerned.
"And my family have so much more than we will ever need, I wish we could give some to John could fix his ankle."

He grinned, "You understand my concerns perfectly, it seems."

Anna grinned at that.

He frowned, "That's a worrisome prospect... Yes, a marrow extraction hurts a lot, even if you are sedated; having your bones drilled into isn't going to be comfortable by any stretch of the imagination."

"Yeah...I was screaming...and I was so alone my mother just took me to the examination and left me there, saying she had thing to do...I was scared and my leg still hurts."
Case said and from the look in her eyes the examination had traumatized her. Anna took Case's hand gently and patted it to comfort the other child.

He grinned wryly, "More like he swallowed a mouthful of some really bitter liquid... but then again, he might accept it as a good opportunity to keep an eye on the two of you."

"Yeah he might but he is not going to like it but his Mentor says that Yu Die can visit me."
Anna said, and yes indeed Dr Wong seamed less concerned than his older student, and since both girls where in therapy for the same problem he might also think having one another they would be good for one another and able to support one another, in addition Yu Die tended to be rather gloomy at times a result of what she had experienced but being with Anna she seamed happier and her Mentor appreciated that.

He nodded, "And still, that's just a couple of people out of a thousand..."

"There sure are allot of people in the world Sir."
Case muttered.

He nodded, "They might... but I think calling in a second opinion will help restrain that."

"Ok...I guess so Mentor."
Anna said though she was clearly still concerned about her friend. Case gave a weak smile.
"I will be ok Anna though I might cry if they do it and my mother will yell at me but I will be ok."

He smiled wryly, "No, it's not fun... It's a good sign something is wrong with your body, but it's unfortunately not a very accurate diagnostic tool to determine precisely what is wrong..."

"I guess it was a good way to get early humans to not touch the spiky plant two times."
Case said and sigh.
"But I really do not like pain."

He grinned back, "Well, we have saved the world from time to time."

"See Sir...you are superheroes."
Case declared happily.

He nodded, "So it seems... However, from the knocking, I'd surmise Case's mother is still a distance off, and that that might be Dr. Boudavich, actually... I must've let her know about this meeting weeks ago..."
He turned and slowly opened the door, slipping the wand back into his inside pocket, "Yes?"

Dr Boudavich opened the door, she was a tall, beautiful woman she looked to be in her mid forties, with long hair around her shoulders with where impossible to say if where dark blond, light red or light blond. Her face where dramatic with pouty lips, high cheek bones and large brown eyes, and her make up had been applied to perfection, she where wearing a loose fitting white silk blouse over a black pencil skirt, an expensive looking row o pearls at her throat and her lily ring on her right index finger as well as classy high heeled pumps. You saw where she had removed the silver pin she usually wore, also a lily from her blouse before coming not to scare Anna.
"Good day Mer Wainwright...Anna and you must be Case?"
She said in a friendly tone of voice.
"You told me there was trouble and for me to come here Colin."
She said and looked at you.
"Shall we see if we can sort this mess out?"

(OOC: The Nephandi can't have nice things? Razz )
(OOC 2: Lily are my husband's current character in the game I run for him and I describe her as the reason why widderslaintes can't have nice things or Avatars...let us just say she is not a very nice person. And yes I re use NPCs and characters from other games to have flashed out NPCs in this one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:12 am

"That sounds really fun Sir let us do that!"
Jane said as she paid attention to what you where drawing.
"So someone draw and the others guess what is being drawn?"
She asked.
"That is a dinosaur Sir!"
Cava exclaimed happily.

"Yeah you got it! You win the first round Cava!" Serge said cheering the young girl on.

"That sounds really fun Sir!"
The little girls exclaimed. Rosa smiled.
"Sure I am game."
"Yeah they sort of do Sir."
Jane said and nodded.
"Well we have paper and art supplies."
Rosa said as she tore some pages from the note pad and put them on the table.
"We should get going."

"Alright let's go. Everyone grab a handful of paper and start writing down some stuff. Don't show anyone what you've written. And make sure their things we can actually draw. No one put down something weird and abstract like the 5th amendment." Serge said reaching forward and grabbing a couple of pieces of paper.

On the first three pieces he wrote down simple things. A school, a castle, and a ghost.

On his last piece of paper Serge thought for a while before a certain monocled British man creeped into his mind. On his final piece of paper he wrote down 'Mr.Wainwright." and secretly added it to the rest of the pile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:24 am

"Yeah you got it! You win the first round Cava!" Serge said cheering the young girl on.

"Jay I like dinosaurs I have a dinosaur toy."
Cava said and grinned.

"Alright let's go. Everyone grab a handful of paper and start writing down some stuff. Don't show anyone what you've written. And make sure their things we can actually draw. No one put down something weird and abstract like the 5th amendment." Serge said reaching forward and grabbing a couple of pieces of paper.

The others grabbed papers and started writing. Jane translated for Liv. Liv asked about something and then Jane said.
"Sir what is an amendment? Liv want to know."
She asked as she put her papers in the pile, Liv gave you a little smile.

On the first three pieces he wrote down simple things. A school, a castle, and a ghost.

On his last piece of paper Serge thought for a while before a certain monocled British man creeped into his mind. On his final piece of paper he wrote down 'Mr.Wainwright." and secretly added it to the rest of the pile.

"Well then we should be ready to start."
Rosa said and Liv raised her hand and waited for your attention and Jane translated for her.
"She asks if she can use an online dictionary during the game as she might not be able to read the notes."
She asked.
"I see no problem with that."
Rosa said and she handed Liv her phone. Liv smiled.
"Thank you ma'am."
She said in broken English.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:37 am

Anna shivered at that and wrapped her arms around herself.
"That is a little scary...but Dr Boudawich says that an important step in my therapy is learning that needles have more uses than what...Gabriel did."
She said softly.
"But they are still scary...the tube thing is ok I guess. I am making a door mat with large, clear glass beads and then when I use clear tube to weave them all together with the door mat will be all transparent is not that cool. And Yu Die while she is afraid of needles to are not afraid of sewing."
Anna said and she smiled a little though she still looked a little scared.
"Have doctors ever used the ones with the tube on them on you Mentor?"
She asked nervously.
Colin nodded, "And that is why I've kept that drawer in the workshop closed the couple of times I've brought you over."
He sighed, "Yes, doctors have used the ones with tubes on me a few times... Mostly when I was in the hospital getting my face reattached, but a few times for necessary check-ups, when making sure I was still qualified to pilot a helicopter. It's almost surprising, the range of things they check for when you're going to be transporting people through the air, in a machine that could do a lot of damage to whatever it lands on if the pilot passes out..."

"There are other Gods Sir? I mean Katrina worship many Gods but my mother says that is evil."
Case said wide eyed.
He nodded, "I think we have already established that your mother has a highly skewed understanding of good and evil."

"I understand Sir, one of my history teachers says that the texts of the Bible was written a long time after Jesus had gone to heaven and so not by anyone who ever met him, but my mother says the apostles wrote it and she got that teacher fired."
Case said and nodded.
He nodded, "Your history teacher was not entirely accurate, I'm afraid - but more right than your mother. The Old Testament predates Christ, but the New Testament, well... let's see, the Gospels were written down over the course of some sixty years after the ascension of Christ, if I recall correctly. The Acts of the Apostles were written down later, after some debate and, well, preaching. The letters were written over a span of several decades to various churches around the middle east, and Revelation, well... few Bible scholars think John the Apostle and John the Prophet were the same person."

Case nodded she pulled her iphone out of her pocket and brought up a contact and showed you the number.
"This is for Katrina Sir."
he said and flipped to another contact.
"And this is for her dad."
The contact being market simply as Leon Katrina's Dad.
He narrowed his eyes ever so slightly and quickly memorized the numbers, "Thank you... I'll see if I can give them a call shortly."

"I did not think it took that look Sir but it makes sense for if all it took was getting a job like my Dad says. John's Dad have two jobs and his Mom to and they are pretty bad of."
Case said sounding concerned.
"And my family have so much more than we will ever need, I wish we could give some to John could fix his ankle."
He arched an eyebrow, "Now, think carefully, why can you not simply give away the money to get John the medical help he needs? What reason could there be for not doing that?"

"Yeah...I was screaming...and I was so alone my mother just took me to the examination and left me there, saying she had thing to do...I was scared and my leg still hurts."
Case said and from the look in her eyes the examination had traumatized her. Anna took Case's hand gently and patted it to comfort the other child.
He nodded, "A friend of mine needed something surgically removed from his leg... they couldn't go to the hospital with it, and had it done at home. But at least his parents never left his side for it, painful though it was..."

"Yeah he might but he is not going to like it but his Mentor says that Yu Die can visit me."
Anna said, and yes indeed Dr Wong seamed less concerned than his older student, and since both girls where in therapy for the same problem he might also think having one another they would be good for one another and able to support one another, in addition Yu Die tended to be rather gloomy at times a result of what she had experienced but being with Anna she seamed happier and her Mentor appreciated that.
He smiled warmly, "Dr. Wong, it seems, is a little more understanding of why your relationship is a healthy thing than Dr. Lee is..."

"There sure are allot of people in the world Sir."
Case muttered.
He nodded, "And that's just the people on Earth... Ah, we might get to that later..."

"Ok...I guess so Mentor."
Anna said though she was clearly still concerned about her friend. Case gave a weak smile.
"I will be ok Anna though I might cry if they do it and my mother will yell at me but I will be ok."
He sighed, "There's no shame in crying out in pain, whether you are a boy or a girl... Unless you are hiding from something hostile, of course."

"I guess it was a good way to get early humans to not touch the spiky plant two times."
Case said and sigh.
"But I really do not like pain."
He nodded, "Or not to eat the unripened fruit. Very few like pain, whether receiving or inflicting..."

Dr Boudavich opened the door, she was a tall, beautiful woman she looked to be in her mid forties, with long hair around her shoulders with where impossible to say if where dark blond, light red or light blond. Her face where dramatic with pouty lips, high cheek bones and large brown eyes, and her make up had been applied to perfection, she where wearing a loose fitting white silk blouse over a black pencil skirt, an expensive looking row o pearls at her throat and her lily ring on her right index finger as well as classy high heeled pumps. You saw where she had removed the silver pin she usually wore, also a lily from her blouse before coming not to scare Anna.
"Good day Mer Wainwright...Anna and you must be Case?"
She said in a friendly tone of voice.
"You told me there was trouble and for me to come here Colin."
She said and looked at you.
"Shall we see if we can sort this mess out?"
He nodded, "Dr. Bodavich... Ah, I did tell you, didn't I? How long ago was... never mind, I can pick a time to tell you later... earlier... one of the two. Yes, the harridan in the waiting room sent me to chase down her son, but I found her daughter instead. It seems mother dearest found out Case is a girl, and that is not quite compatible with her understanding of Republican Jesus..."
He frowned, "Actually... if you wouldn't mind keeping an eye on them for a moment, I think I shall weave a little gift for Case's mother - a simple reinforcement of the Golden Rule..."
He fished out the wand again, and drew some tight, neat circles in the air, "Quod ambulat lectitantur..."

((OOC: The Nephandi can have *nice* things. Disrupting a Mage's connection to their Avatar is not nice. Razz ))
((OOC: So, I think Entropy 2 should do the trick here - a little Fatework to make sure whatever Case's mother does unto others will be done unto her over the next... let's call it half a year. Razz Not actually releasing the spell until he sees the woman again, just priming it and holding it until he can lay it on her, so to speak. No Rote, so diff 4? Arete rolls: 4,8,8 - 2,3,9 - 5,5,8 - 9,0,0, and Colin hits the cap of 9. Five successes designated to duration - six months - and the four others to effect. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Colin nodded, "And that is why I've kept that drawer in the workshop closed the couple of times I've brought you over."

"Thank you Mentor...I would not want to see those things..."
Anna muttered with disgust in her voice.

He sighed, "Yes, doctors have used the ones with tubes on me a few times... Mostly when I was in the hospital getting my face reattached, but a few times for necessary check-ups, when making sure I was still qualified to pilot a helicopter. It's almost surprising, the range of things they check for when you're going to be transporting people through the air, in a machine that could do a lot of damage to whatever it lands on if the pilot passes out..."

Anna gave you a very concerned look she glanced at your hands and arms for a moment then she looked down.
"Dit it hurt allot Mentor?"
She asked.
"I could never do that to get a flying license ever..."
She muttered and shivered.

He nodded, "I think we have already established that your mother has a highly skewed understanding of good and evil."

"I guess you are right about that Sir."
Case said.
"I do not think Katrina's religion is evil."

He nodded, "Your history teacher was not entirely accurate, I'm afraid - but more right than your mother. The Old Testament predates Christ, but the New Testament, well... let's see, the Gospels were written down over the course of some sixty years after the ascension of Christ, if I recall correctly. The Acts of the Apostles were written down later, after some debate and, well, preaching. The letters were written over a span of several decades to various churches around the middle east, and Revelation, well... few Bible scholars think John the Apostle and John the Prophet were the same person."

"That is really interesting Sir...have you learned all of that from a book?"
Case said her eyes wide.
"How do you know that you are right?"

He narrowed his eyes ever so slightly and quickly memorized the numbers, "Thank you... I'll see if I can give them a call shortly."

Case nodded and she put her phone away.
"No problem at all Sir."

He arched an eyebrow, "Now, think carefully, why can you not simply give away the money to get John the medical help he needs? What reason could there be for not doing that?"

Case thought for a moment then she shook her head.
"I do not know Sir, sorry. I mean if I had control over my own bank account I would have paid for John's operation but I do not. I do not know why my parents do not want to help."

He nodded, "A friend of mine needed something surgically removed from his leg... they couldn't go to the hospital with it, and had it done at home. But at least his parents never left his side for it, painful though it was..."

"It would all be easier if someone where there for the examinations someone who did not yell at me, but someone to just hold my hand you know...it would make it easier."
Case said and looked down.
"Allot easier."

He smiled warmly, "Dr. Wong, it seems, is a little more understanding of why your relationship is a healthy thing than Dr. Lee is..."

"Yeah I think he do...I like Dr Wong Mentor, I like Dr Lee to but Dr Wong is really nice."
Anna said and nodded.
"Dr Lee is a member of your Cabal is he not?"
She asked.

He nodded, "And that's just the people on Earth... Ah, we might get to that later..."

Case looked at you wide eyed.
"There are people who do not live on earth Sir?"
She asked looking confused.
"Like on Mars or something."

He sighed, "There's no shame in crying out in pain, whether you are a boy or a girl... Unless you are hiding from something hostile, of course."

"Really Sir? But my mother say that show weakness and that especially for a boy crying out in pain is shameful. I try so hard not to do it but sometimes when the nurses and doctors do things it really hurts."
She said sadly.
"And I can't help it."

He nodded, "Or not to eat the unripened fruit. Very few like pain, whether receiving or inflicting..."

"No that would be bad Sir to eat unripened fruit I did that once and it made my tummy hurt."
Case said.
"Do doctors like causing pain?"
She asked.
"For they do so allot."

He nodded, "Dr. Bodavich... Ah, I did tell you, didn't I? How long ago was... never mind, I can pick a time to tell you later... earlier... one of the two. Yes, the harridan in the waiting room sent me to chase down her son, but I found her daughter instead. It seems mother dearest found out Case is a girl, and that is not quite compatible with her understanding of Republican Jesus..."

"Yes indeed you did tell me Mr Wainwright just now in my office, but yes the details can wait."
The Cultist said then her eyes darkned when you explained the situation.
"And that is the reason for all the tests Mrs Taldor have been insisting on...I will see to it there is an end to that."
She promised. Case looked at her a bit shyly and Dr Bodavich smiled to the child.

He frowned, "Actually... if you wouldn't mind keeping an eye on them for a moment, I think I shall weave a little gift for Case's mother - a simple reinforcement of the Golden Rule..."

"Off course Colin, but once you are done I have brought a pedtriatric heart specialist with me, he is waiting in the examination room just across the hall, I was thinking it would be wise for him to have a look at Anna after all this exitement, I will arrange for the cost to be covered, he is one of our best and perhaps young Case can go with her and keep her company I have a few things I must tell you for you to take with you to the past."
She said and she gave you a look at that that whatever she had to say might not be fit for children to hear.
Anna looked nervvous.
"I do not want to talk with this doctor."
She muttered nervously and the Cultist said and hunched down beside the young mage.
"Listen Anna I have told him about your fears, he is not going to do anything to you that you are not ok with. At first what he will do is to put electrodes on your chest and a clip on your fingertip, and also he is going to listen to your heart, perhaps he will ask you to breathe into a mask...he will not harm you at all."
She said and Anna looked at you a bit uncertain.
"The doors can even be open so you can see your Mentor across the hall."
Dr Bodavich said and pointed.

He fished out the wand again, and drew some tight, neat circles in the air, "Quod ambulat lectitantur..."

You felt your magick forming and completing ready to be released on your whim. Both Anna and Case where looking at you with interest and curiosity as you worked.

(OOC: But doing that is nice from a Nephandi point of view. Razz )

(OOC 2: That will do it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 pm

"Thank you Mentor...I would not want to see those things..."
Anna muttered with disgust in her voice.
Colin nodded, "Perhaps one day you will feel ready to see them, when you are comfortable with the presence of needles that are not supposed to be used on people... When that day comes, you can ask me to unlock that drawer."

Anna gave you a very concerned look she glanced at your hands and arms for a moment then she looked down.
"Dit it hurt allot Mentor?"
She asked.
"I could never do that to get a flying license ever..."
She muttered and shivered.
He shook his head, "A slight stinging sensation in the arm, then a little pressure, and that was about it... And you won't be put through that, sweetie - I'm afraid there's no way you could get a flying license, owing to your heart."

"That is really interesting Sir...have you learned all of that from a book?"
Case said her eyes wide.
"How do you know that you are right?"
He nodded, "When I was in the military, I had some... difficulties. I participated in some Bible studies, because I had trouble reconciling what had happened with the message of God's love... a few weeks later, I broke with the Anglican Church for good; I could no longer resolve the contradictions and inconsistencies. Oh, I still try to emulate Christ; he was a good and kind man, but I have little time or patience for people who are Christian in word, but not in deed... Do I know I am right? No, not precisely; the evidence against the literal accuracy of the Bible is overwhelming, though - and as such, it is more likely to be inaccurate."

Case thought for a moment then she shook her head.
"I do not know Sir, sorry. I mean if I had control over my own bank account I would have paid for John's operation but I do not. I do not know why my parents do not want to help."
He nodded, "And there's the crux of it - it's not that your parents can't help, but that they don't want to..."

"It would all be easier if someone where there for the examinations someone who did not yell at me, but someone to just hold my hand you know...it would make it easier."
Case said and looked down.
"Allot easier."
He smiled, "Well, if you have to get another such examination done, I would be glad to help comfort you through it all. If Anna permits me to disappear out of sight for a little while."

"Yeah I think he do...I like Dr Wong Mentor, I like Dr Lee to but Dr Wong is really nice."
Anna said and nodded.
"Dr Lee is a member of your Cabal is he not?"
She asked.
He chuckled, "He is. And some day, if you and Yu Die stay together, he might wind up your brother-in-law. And that would be amusing to see..."

Case looked at you wide eyed.
"There are people who do not live on earth Sir?"
She asked looking confused.
"Like on Mars or something."
He nodded, "In a manner of speaking. You... had best not speak too much of that, especially not in your parents' presence, though."

"Really Sir? But my mother say that show weakness and that especially for a boy crying out in pain is shameful. I try so hard not to do it but sometimes when the nurses and doctors do things it really hurts."
She said sadly.
"And I can't help it."
He arched an eyebrow, "Is it wrong for a man to show his friends that he is hurt, that he might receive help and compassion? Is it wrong for a man to show that he is fond of someone, and ready to protect them? Is it wrong for a man to show anger when someone hurts someone defenseless, or to show kindness when a kitten comes to have its neck scratched?"
He shook his head, "A doctor should try to minimize the pain they cause whenever possible... but if the patient doesn't let them know it hurts, how can they?"

"No that would be bad Sir to eat unripened fruit I did that once and it made my tummy hurt."
Case said.
"Do doctors like causing pain?"
She asked.
"For they do so allot."
He shook his head, "Most doctors - the vast majority - doesn't like causing pain, and will go to great lengths to avoid it. Some are a little indifferent regarding the pain they cause, except as a practical diagnostic tool. And a very few, like Dr. Jace, actually enjoy it."

"Yes indeed you did tell me Mr Wainwright just now in my office, but yes the details can wait."
The Cultist said then her eyes darkned when you explained the situation.
"And that is the reason for all the tests Mrs Taldor have been insisting on...I will see to it there is an end to that."
She promised. Case looked at her a bit shyly and Dr Bodavich smiled to the child.
He nodded, "Ah... er, did I tell you when I dropped by from? Actually, don't tell me - spoilers - I'm sure I'll get around to it as soon as I figure out how to do it. I seem to be meddling a lot in my own timeline these past couple of months..."
He pondered, "Mrs. Taldor... I see, she threatened to sue me for every last penny over Anna... ruffling her feathers. I managed to convince her to let it slide by pointing out the inconvenience of trying to press such a civil case while CPS runs a criminal case over the same incident... It does indeed seem like the CPS will have a field day here."

"Off course Colin, but once you are done I have brought a pedtriatric heart specialist with me, he is waiting in the examination room just across the hall, I was thinking it would be wise for him to have a look at Anna after all this exitement, I will arrange for the cost to be covered, he is one of our best and perhaps young Case can go with her and keep her company I have a few things I must tell you for you to take with you to the past."
She said and she gave you a look at that that whatever she had to say might not be fit for children to hear.
Anna looked nervvous.
"I do not want to talk with this doctor."
She muttered nervously and the Cultist said and hunched down beside the young mage.
"Listen Anna I have told him about your fears, he is not going to do anything to you that you are not ok with. At first what he will do is to put electrodes on your chest and a clip on your fingertip, and also he is going to listen to your heart, perhaps he will ask you to breathe into a mask...he will not harm you at all."
She said and Anna looked at you a bit uncertain.
"The doors can even be open so you can see your Mentor across the hall."
Dr Bodavich said and pointed.
He nodded and glanced down at the girls, "I think they would like that; Anna seems to have picked up the knack for making friends quickly."
He sighed, "I was wondering when the information dump would show up... I suppose your Tradition also missed a great opportunity when I came in below the radar?"
He gave Anna a thin smile, "I told you needles will be avoided as much as at all possible. Now, Case, I'm going to trust you to keep an eye on the examination room when Anna gets checked out - make sure there are no needles in plain sight, you hear? Someone might have missed something, so make sure there are no needles on counter tops or anything of the sort, alright?"

You felt your magick forming and completing ready to be released on your whim. Both Anna and Case where looking at you with interest and curiosity as you worked.
He smiled confidently and slipped the wand up his right shirtsleeve, so he could point it easily and unobserved, "I'm afraid Mrs. Taldor is going to have a rough few months unless she starts treating people decently... Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Shall we, then?"
He stepped up next to the door and held his hand out toward the opening, looking toward the girls, "Come along, then, ladies, let us go face the gorgon."

((OOC: I don't think Nephandi would appreciate it, either...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:54 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole righted herself, readying herself to shoot down whatever was going to come through the door - though ready to dodge any other nasties. Flashy fireball good for getting folk to hit the deck, allowing them to enter the place...

[Attempting 'Deadaim' if needs be]

[Sorry about delay; ISP being flaky at the moment]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:58 pm

The others grabbed papers and started writing. Jane translated for Liv. Liv asked about something and then Jane said.
"Sir what is an amendment? Liv want to know."
She asked as she put her papers in the pile, Liv gave you a little smile.

"The're rules and changes that are added to the US constitution." Serge said as he wrote his objects on the pieces of paper.

"And the constitution is basically a set of rules that the people living in the US have to follow. It might be a bit more complicated than that but that's the gist of it. That was the first example that came to my head." Serge said with a smile.

"Well then we should be ready to start."
Rosa said and Liv raised her hand and waited for your attention and Jane translated for her.
"She asks if she can use an online dictionary during the game as she might not be able to read the notes."
She asked.
"I see no problem with that."
Rosa said and she handed Liv her phone. Liv smiled.
"Thank you ma'am."
She said in broken English.

"Remember no cheating." Serge said fully ready to cheat if the need arose.

"Since Cava won the imaginary round and is the youngest, I think she can draw from the pile first.
"
he said gesturing over to the pile of paper.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Perhaps one day you will feel ready to see them, when you are comfortable with the presence of needles that are not supposed to be used on people... When that day comes, you can ask me to unlock that drawer."

Anna looked a little uncertain.
"I am not sure that day will come Mentor, what if I trip or something and poke myself with them."
She muttered nervously.

He shook his head, "A slight stinging sensation in the arm, then a little pressure, and that was about it... And you won't be put through that, sweetie - I'm afraid there's no way you could get a flying license, owing to your heart."

"That do not...sound to bad Mentor..."
Anna muttered then she got a dark look in her eyes.
"But all I can see when thinking of needles piercing skin is what Gabriel did...all those people...how they screamed, what he did to them when they finally where to weak to survive more..."
She shivered and looked away. Case looked rather shocked but she did not ask.

He nodded, "When I was in the military, I had some... difficulties. I participated in some Bible studies, because I had trouble reconciling what had happened with the message of God's love... a few weeks later, I broke with the Anglican Church for good; I could no longer resolve the contradictions and inconsistencies. Oh, I still try to emulate Christ; he was a good and kind man, but I have little time or patience for people who are Christian in word, but not in deed... Do I know I am right? No, not precisely; the evidence against the literal accuracy of the Bible is overwhelming, though - and as such, it is more likely to be inaccurate."

"There is evidence against the literal accuracy of the Bible Sir?"
Case asked and she looked like you had just told her that the sky is green.
"I ehm...well how would one emulate Jesus and not do what the preachers say?"
She inquired.

He nodded, "And there's the crux of it - it's not that your parents can't help, but that they don't want to..."

"Yeah, and they are against taxes and such but I mean it would not change our lives if we paid a bit more taxes, we would still have a big house with a pool and several cars, cabins and all of that stuff but if taxes could be used to make health care cheaper perhaps John could get his ankle fixed."
Case said and sigh.
"I do not know why my parents are against that Sir."

He smiled, "Well, if you have to get another such examination done, I would be glad to help comfort you through it all. If Anna permits me to disappear out of sight for a little while."

"I would appreciate that allot Sir it would make it easier."
She said and Anna nodded.
"If it helps Case Mentor that is ok."

He chuckled, "He is. And some day, if you and Yu Die stay together, he might wind up your brother-in-law. And that would be amusing to see..."

"It would make Dr Lee shit bricks Mentor, and with hos good he is with Life magick he might just actually do that."
Anna said while Case gave her a stern look about her language.

He nodded, "In a manner of speaking. You... had best not speak too much of that, especially not in your parents' presence, though."

"I am not going to speak about that with anyone Sir."
Case said.
"Least of all my parents, but people on other planets wow...are they green?"

He arched an eyebrow, "Is it wrong for a man to show his friends that he is hurt, that he might receive help and compassion? Is it wrong for a man to show that he is fond of someone, and ready to protect them? Is it wrong for a man to show anger when someone hurts someone defenseless, or to show kindness when a kitten comes to have its neck scratched?"

"According to my mother other than anger then yes all of those emotions are unmanly."
Case said and frowned.

He shook his head, "A doctor should try to minimize the pain they cause whenever possible... but if the patient doesn't let them know it hurts, how can they?"

"Well it do not usually help to let doctors know that it hurts in my experience Sir."
Case said and frowned.
"They just continue with whatever they are doing."

He shook his head, "Most doctors - the vast majority - doesn't like causing pain, and will go to great lengths to avoid it. Some are a little indifferent regarding the pain they cause, except as a practical diagnostic tool. And a very few, like Dr. Jace, actually enjoy it."

"I do not think I like doctors very much Sir..."
Case said and frowned.

He nodded, "Ah... er, did I tell you when I dropped by from? Actually, don't tell me - spoilers - I'm sure I'll get around to it as soon as I figure out how to do it. I seem to be meddling a lot in my own timeline these past couple of months..."

"I think it is best only to reveal what your current placement in time have to know Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist said and she raised and eyebrow.

He pondered, "Mrs. Taldor... I see, she threatened to sue me for every last penny over Anna... ruffling her feathers. I managed to convince her to let it slide by pointing out the inconvenience of trying to press such a civil case while CPS runs a criminal case over the same incident... It does indeed seem like the CPS will have a field day here."

"Mrs Taldor is, if you excuse me Case, a most unpleasant woman and yes CPS will have a field day indeed and I will do my very best to make sure Case comes out on top in this and that these uneeded examinations stop, what she need is a therapist to figure out her body and gender image and then whatever treatment might later come from that, she do not need to be traumatized and terrified by being put though all sorts of tests."
Ange said in an annoyed tone of voice. Case smiled a little but she also looked down.

He nodded and glanced down at the girls, "I think they would like that; Anna seems to have picked up the knack for making friends quickly."

"Well that is a very good thing."
The Cultist commented.

He sighed, "I was wondering when the information dump would show up... I suppose your Tradition also missed a great opportunity when I came in below the radar?"

"Yes indeed it seams that we did."
She said with a slight smile.
"You would have been a good Cultist Mr Wainwright."

He gave Anna a thin smile, "I told you needles will be avoided as much as at all possible.

"Yeah but what if the doctor say that they are absolutely necessary?.."
Anna asked nervously.

Now, Case, I'm going to trust you to keep an eye on the examination room when Anna gets checked out - make sure there are no needles in plain sight, you hear? Someone might have missed something, so make sure there are no needles on counter tops or anything of the sort, alright?"

Case gave you a proud nod.
"You can count on me Sir I will look around the examination room and make sure it is safe for Anna and then stay with her and keep her company while she is being checked out."
She said, proud of the task she had been given.

He smiled confidently and slipped the wand up his right shirtsleeve, so he could point it easily and unobserved, "I'm afraid Mrs. Taldor is going to have a rough few months unless she starts treating people decently... Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Shall we, then?"

"You are not going to hurt my mother seriously are you Sir?"
Case asked nervously since she despite it all after all cared greatly about her mother.

He stepped up next to the door and held his hand out toward the opening, looking toward the girls, "Come along, then, ladies, let us go face the gorgon."

"Ok Mentor..."
Anna said but she did not look happy. Case took her hand and gently lead her towards the door and the two of them let you lead them back though both of them looked a bit nervous over the whole thing.

Nicole:

Nicole righted herself, readying herself to shoot down whatever was going to come through the door - though ready to dodge any other nasties. Flashy fireball good for getting folk to hit the deck, allowing them to enter the place...

There where footsteps and then another fireball flew into the room. Fran had just enough time to yell and toss herself out of the way as the freezer where hit and the old thing few out though one of the broken windows. There where a tall, dark haired man in the room, wearing neat, black clothes, with a ring in one nose and spike cuffs at his wrists, there where two others in the room of the portal, you saw a black woman in a dress and the third where still a bit hard to make out clearly as he was hidden behind a wall still but you could hear him moving around.

Serge:

"The're rules and changes that are added to the US constitution." Serge said as he wrote his objects on the pieces of paper.

Jane translated and Liv smiled and gave you a thumbs up.

"And the constitution is basically a set of rules that the people living in the US have to follow. It might be a bit more complicated than that but that's the gist of it. That was the first example that came to my head." Serge said with a smile.

Liv said something to Jane in Latin and Jane translated for her.
"Liv say they have a constitution in Norway as well and in Turkey."

"Remember no cheating." Serge said fully ready to cheat if the need arose.

The girls giggled at that.

"Since Cava won the imaginary round and is the youngest, I think she can draw from the pile first.
" he said gesturing over to the pile of paper.

Cava drew one of the papers, read it and then started drawing a long blue google with little triangles on it and something red in the end.

(OOC: Do not worry about it the game is not running away.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Cava drew one of the papers, read it and then started drawing a long blue google with little triangles on it and something red in the end.

"Hmmmm." Serge hummed as he placed his hands around his chin and thought about the drawing. After a while Serge was completely lost and wished he had given the girls better art lessons.

When his turn came, Serge gave his best guess. "I'm going to say it's a....blue.....snake....with a red tail?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Cava shook her head and drew lines around her doodle to indicate movement then added a sort of a tree, a brown doodle with a green doodle on top cut in half.
"Oh if is a chainsaw."
Rosa said and Cava smiled.
"Yes it is."
She said happily and showed her note that said chainsaw.
"Well then I guess I am next."
Rosa said and she took a note from the pile and started drawing a toe tip shoe with long pink ribbons.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:20 pm

The pair got to their feet but the younger woman where now limping and the older one seamed unwilling to just leave her so instead she turned to face Jeffry and the others, crackling energy in her hands. "Run Lily, run...leave me!" The younger woman pleased but the older one shook her head and stood firm.

They were gaining on them now but that spell on hand was going to draw attention neither of them wanted to have on them. Technocrat, orphan or Fallen the Reckoner would start looking if she loosed that spell. "You don't want to to that, stand down," he said, as he brought up a hand to start counterspelling the energy she was building between her hands.

//Arete: (countermagick): 5, 5, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Cava shook her head and drew lines around her doodle to indicate movement then added a sort of a tree, a brown doodle with a green doodle on top cut in half.
"Oh if is a chainsaw."
Rosa said and Cava smiled.
"Yes it is."
She said happily and showed her note that said chainsaw.
"Well then I guess I am next."
Rosa said and she took a note from the pile and started drawing a toe tip shoe with long pink ribbons.

Serge thought for a moment. Their was only one thing he could think of when it came to toe tipped shoes and long pink ribbons. When his turn came, he guessed "Is it a ballerina?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Adley:

They were gaining on them now but that spell on hand was going to draw attention neither of them wanted to have on them. Technocrat, orphan or Fallen the Reckoner would start looking if she loosed that spell. "You don't want to to that, stand down," he said, as he brought up a hand to start counterspelling the energy she was building between her hands.

"Oh I do think I want to do so, and the day I let a little Hermetic brat counter my magick is the day I will surrender to your damned Traditions."
The older woman hissed at you and your counterspell did seam to do rather little, it was like taking a cup of water and tossing it at a bonfire.
"While the way you speak to my Sodalis might be a little insulting Madam, however not all of us are young you might want to give my magick a little more regard."
Jeffry said clearly annoyed at how the woman spoke to you, it awoke his need to protect you but at the same time he saw no need to divulge to the enemy that you where teacher and student.
"No...I do think that disregarding you would indeed be foolish...I will answer you questions if you let my companion leave in peace then I will leave I am no one's prisoner and especially not of the Traditions however I do not have a dog in this fight and in fact I would prefer if the world did not end up tomorrow so it do not bother me to answer your questions."
The woman said but she kept the crackling energy in her hands going as she regarded you and your group with anger and suspicion.

Serge:

Rosa smiled.
"You are very close, think what a ballerina would wear."
She said and tapped at the drawings of the shoes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Rosa smiled.
"You are very close, think what a ballerina would wear."
She said and tapped at the drawings of the shoes.

"Just ballet shoes than? Or maybe the whole ballerina ensemble? " Serge said amending his answer.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:53 pm

"Ballet shoes it is."
Rosa said and she showed you the note that say ballet shoes.
"Well then Cousin your turn then."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:53 pm

Anna looked a little uncertain.
"I am not sure that day will come Mentor, what if I trip or something and poke myself with them."
She muttered nervously.
He shrugged, "Then you will have already decided it's going to be alright to poke yourself with them. If you don't think that's going to be the case, well, then you won't ask me to open that drawer. It's not a tool I need frequently, so even if you spend a workday with me there, it's unlikely I will need them that day."

"That do not...sound to bad Mentor..."
Anna muttered then she got a dark look in her eyes.
"But all I can see when thinking of needles piercing skin is what Gabriel did...all those people...how they screamed, what he did to them when they finally where to weak to survive more..."
She shivered and looked away. Case looked rather shocked but she did not ask.
He nodded, "Some day, soon I hope, you will be able to put that behind you... not forget them; never that - but not feeling that terror whenever you remember them..."

"There is evidence against the literal accuracy of the Bible Sir?"
Case asked and she looked like you had just told her that the sky is green.
"I ehm...well how would one emulate Jesus and not do what the preachers say?"
She inquired.
He nodded, "The best example that comes immediately to mind is the Jews' stay in Egypt. The Egyptians were excellent chroniclers, yet there's not a single instance found in their records anywhere ever mentioning a Jewish population. No word of Moses, that one would be understandable, since his name was struck from everywhere, but the Jews were supposedly there for a long time before he brought them out..."

"Yeah, and they are against taxes and such but I mean it would not change our lives if we paid a bit more taxes, we would still have a big house with a pool and several cars, cabins and all of that stuff but if taxes could be used to make health care cheaper perhaps John could get his ankle fixed."
Case said and sigh.
"I do not know why my parents are against that Sir."
He nodded, "I am going out on a limb to speculate - your parents think they worked hard for their money that they inherited from their parents, and don't see why anyone else deserves access to that... I would suggest you ask them, but I don't want them to spank you for the impertinence."

"I would appreciate that allot Sir it would make it easier."
She said and Anna nodded.
"If it helps Case Mentor that is ok."
He nodded and stuck out his hand, "So be it, if you need to be poked and prodded, I'll be there to hold your hand."

"I am not going to speak about that with anyone Sir."
Case said.
"Least of all my parents, but people on other planets wow...are they green?"
He shrugged, "Well, I suppose some of them could be, if they want to. But most of them look like perfectly ordinary humans."

"According to my mother other than anger then yes all of those emotions are unmanly."
Case said and frowned.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Then your mother is the reason why men have a higher suicide rate than women, among other problems - you are better off as a girl."

"Well it do not usually help to let doctors know that it hurts in my experience Sir."
Case said and frowned.
"They just continue with whatever they are doing."
He sighed, "You've not had luck with the medical staff, then... though I will acknowledge, doctors and nurses are often overworked, and that does tend to breed a certain callousness..."

"I do not think I like doctors very much Sir..."
Case said and frowned.
He nodded, "Well, there are other kinds of healers, like your friend Katrina. Some pretend they can heal like she can, and those are called charlatans - many of them are preachers, in fact... but I think you can tell by the glow whether they are the real thing or not."

"I think it is best only to reveal what your current placement in time have to know Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist said and she raised and eyebrow.
He nodded, "Well, even my current placement in time is two for one... but yes."

"Mrs Taldor is, if you excuse me Case, a most unpleasant woman and yes CPS will have a field day indeed and I will do my very best to make sure Case comes out on top in this and that these uneeded examinations stop, what she need is a therapist to figure out her body and gender image and then whatever treatment might later come from that, she do not need to be traumatized and terrified by being put though all sorts of tests."
Ange said in an annoyed tone of voice. Case smiled a little but she also looked down.
He nodded and lowered his voice slightly, "There is a small complication; Case can see auras - I don't think she's Awakened, but she can tell Awakened and Linear Magi from the general population, possibly others, too. She gave me a crucial bit of information about Dr. Jace's preparations, which I must also warn the Chief of... but my past self is in a time bubble, I am not entirely sure I can get a text message out right away... worth a shot, though. I think it's possible she could have a future with us."

"Well that is a very good thing."
The Cultist commented.
He grinned, "Well, her... closest friend's brother might disagree, but yes, that seems to be the consensus."

"Yes indeed it seams that we did."
She said with a slight smile.
"You would have been a good Cultist Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Then again, perhaps not - while temporal manipulation comes ever easier to me, I've never been particularly skilled at shifting my mental or emotional state around, except to stabilize myself... Kind of a tall hurdle for me."

"Yeah but what if the doctor say that they are absolutely necessary?.."
Anna asked nervously.
He shook his head sagely, "Then you'll have to send for me, and the doctor will have to be very convincing as to why preventing a heart attack necessitates risking causing one..."

Case gave you a proud nod.
"You can count on me Sir I will look around the examination room and make sure it is safe for Anna and then stay with her and keep her company while she is being checked out."
She said, proud of the task she had been given.
He grinned and snapped to attention, crisply saluting Case, "Well, then, I entrust my daughter in your care for a few minutes. If anything happens, come get me."

"You are not going to hurt my mother seriously are you Sir?"
Case asked nervously since she despite it all after all cared greatly about her mother.
He shook his head, "I will do nothing to her that she doesn't do to anyone else. My spell will not cause her injury unless she injures another, it will not cause money to be taken from her unless she takes money away from someone else... and respectively, if she shows kindness and grace, the same will be offered to her. Like I said, do unto others what you would have others do unto you... It should not bleed over on you or your father, only her."

"Ok Mentor..."
Anna said but she did not look happy. Case took her hand and gently lead her towards the door and the two of them let you lead them back though both of them looked a bit nervous over the whole thing.
He smiled and followed the girls back to the waiting room and, once Mrs. Taldor came in sight, casually pointed at her, and released the spell, "Ah, there's your mother, Case. As I said, Do unto others, as you would have others do unto you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:57 pm

"Ballet shoes it is."
Rosa said and she showed you the note that say ballet shoes.
"Well then Cousin your turn then."

"Yay! My turn. All right let's see what we got here." Serge said as he reached forwards and plucked one of the pieces of paper out of the pile and opened it to see what he would be drawing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole felt a little jolt of rather macabre pleasure as the fireball flew far too wide to get her; this was perfect. A least from a tactical position. The enemy forced to go through the doorway to get at her single-file. Partial cover. Own, trusted weapon with military-grade rounds. Enough room to work the bolt easy. Foam padding for the stock, to absorb recoil and to fit her larger frame perfectly. And the other two surely on the way now to provide assistance. Listened to her instincts, aimed the weapon - if close enough at the head - of the nearest Fallen and opened fire.

[Attempting 'Fifth Limb']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next