Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 8 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Adley Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:30 am

There was a story that he had never forgotten when he was learning about what one might call, in modern terms, the late and great members of the various Order Houses. The story went that there was a magus that was just not very powerful no matter how muc he progressed. He could not breach any shields or the parma magicka of others; often they overcame him in various combat exercises when it came to brute power alone. So, he became an expert of the field itself instead and used it to whatever advantage he could. In one fight, he had caused a rockslide to fall and so became known for indirect attacks. Adley was not nearly as powerful as many of the older magii on either of their sides and many were well protected with various ars that made it hard to target them. But when the viscous slime presented itself he was glad that they could make an opportunity of it, allowing them some way to gain a foothold fast on what was a precarious situation. He was glad too to have Francis's help since it made the work much more effective than it could have been, he was sure. That was one of the benefits of sharing Tradition practices.

"Fuck...fuck get me loose without my hand I can't cast!" He called to his allies with a sudden alarm. "If my sheild fail I can's recast it." The Nephandus said as he jerked at his hand but it was frozen in the good pretty good.

Francis gave you a bit of nod. "Get ready...I will counter our sitting friend there's spell, I want the rest dead before they can cast anything else!"
Jeffry ordered and he held his hands in a gesture that indicated that his spell was ready and was being hold before it would be cast and manifested.

He nodded back to Francis with a bit of grim satisfaction and then took up position to fire on the group as soon as the Nephandi's shield was down.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 8 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 am

[Adley and Nicole] Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth 2 30 in the afternoon.)

Doing her best to deny the pain's existence, Nicole focused on only her weapon and target - the one who'd pointed at her. She was good, the weapon was good, distance damn good... there was no reason for it to fail. Let rip, firing repeatedly at the target, working the bolt as fast as she could manage.

Your first few bullets hit the Nephandi's protective shield but then as Jeffry picked that sield apart using some sort of mystical mumbo jumbo and allot of chanting and hand gestures the bullets went through and hit the Nephandi woman you where aiming at in the chest, she looked suprised at first and looked down at her bleeding chest her eyes growing wide and then she collapsed on the floor.

He nodded back to Francis with a bit of grim satisfaction and then took up position to fire on the group as soon as the Nephandi's shield was down.

Jeffry begun another working, this time chanting in Greek, you recognized the words and his hand gestures, Perdo Vim...I destroy magic...The poor Nephandus that was frozen on his butt on the floor looked rather alarmed.
"Guys...guys Bin Laden over there is trying to pick my shield apart stop him!"
At his shout the Asian woman and the man who had managed to get to his feet targeted Jeffry the woman aiming a gun at him and fierring, hitting your Mentor in the arm, through the wound was not deep, the old Hermetic was so engrossed in his working though that he continued undisturbed. The man did something with three straws of wheat, clearly some sort of spell, but whatever it was it never manifested for Darrian acted quickly and poured the contents of a small, brown glass bottle all around Jeffry as he worked.

And then time was up for the Nephandi, the man on the floor gave a cry of alarm, and in the next moment Nicole shot the woman who had attacked her, showing that the shield was down. Jeffry glanced at his bleeding arm and grunted before he started yet another spell, Creo Ignem this time, just in case bullets would not take the Nephandi down.

The Asian woman aimed at you and fired, the man on the floor did his best to cast a spell with just one hand which slowed him down quite a bit, the man with the straws started weaving the three of them togehter.

(OOC: And I assume Adley want to dodge so please roll Dex and Atheletics, diff 8 due to it being rather close range.)

[Serge] (Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2:30 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah sorry about that. Don't worry I'm fine though." Serge said wincing in pain as he came to the realization that he was injured. He tried not looking at the injury in hopes that he could forget about it.

"It is not your fault I guess we can't control when our Avatars want to have a little chat with us."
Rosa said and looked at your arm.
"Would you like some ice for that bruise?"
She asked then she shook her head.
"I am still trying to wrap my head around some higher conciousness living inside of me...what was it like? Talking with yours?"

"Anyway seekings are different for everyone. But your right, they typically involve communicating with your avatar in some sort of spiritual journey." he began to explain.

"For example, I was just Serge Yager, Legendary Swordsmen!" Serge declared pulling out a pencil and raising it high into the air as if it were a sword. "That was a lot of fun while it lasted. But I'm glad to be Serge Yager, Ecstatic extraordinaire. Who knew swinging a sword so fast could be so tiring. he said lowering the pencil and looking at it with renewed interest.

"So you...thought you where a swordsman in your Seeking? I am sorry but I don't understand."
Rosa said and Jane spoke up from where she was giving "tea" to one of her dolls.
"Seeking usually have some sort of lesson for us...the one Seeking I had I was an adult and I had to learn to forgive...myself and my parents for not wanting me anymore..."
She muttered softly and looked down.

"So, how long was I out?" he asked curiously.

"About half an hour...I was so scared for you...you where just laying there completely out."
The young Cultist said.
"Are you sure you are ok Cousin?"

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse in the Labyrinth at 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin frowned, "My people are capable - and for what it's worth, I hope they're given the... scant mercy they can be afforded; a quick death rather than capture."

"I hope so as well, no one deserve what will happen if they are taken captive."
Dalisse said and looked down.
"But I do hope your pepole win...these five are...well they are more embracing the stereotype of the Nephandi to say it like that."

He fixed the tea like before, and brought the cups over to the table, "I'm curious, though; you said the fluid through the ship's veins was not exactly blood, so what would be a more accurate description? Seeing as it does not seem to have the same function of constantly transporting oxygen, nutrients and antibodies throughout the body?"

Dalisse accepted the cup of tea with thanks and sipped it, her cup smaller than yours, it was hard for her to lift a large, hot cup.
"It do in a way send nutrients through the ship, but those nutrients are Vis...Quintessence, it transport Quintessence from the stores down in the engine rooms to wherever is needed, about two or three pulses of the stuff are sent through my ship each hour."
Dalisse explained.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was not feeling well last night and wanted to have a nap and ended up sleeping until morning.)

(OOC 2: When you mention it yeah I guess it is a bit similar. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:17 am

A clunk as Nicole pulled out the empty clip, a grunt as she shoved a new one in. Then raised the rifle and opened fire on the Asian woman shooting at Adley.

[No worries.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30PM]
"I hope so as well, no one deserve what will happen if they are taken captive."
Dalisse said and looked down.
"But I do hope your pepole win...these five are...well they are more embracing the stereotype of the Nephandi to say it like that."
Colin nodded, "It's not a good stereotype, is it? I suppose it's rather deserved, but all the same, it's got to be frustrating for those who don't quite embrace it..."

Dalisse accepted the cup of tea with thanks and sipped it, her cup smaller than yours, it was hard for her to lift a large, hot cup.
"It do in a way send nutrients through the ship, but those nutrients are Vis...Quintessence, it transport Quintessence from the stores down in the engine rooms to wherever is needed, about two or three pulses of the stuff are sent through my ship each hour."
Dalisse explained.
He nodded thoughtfully as he sat down, "So liquid Quintessence, of sorts... is it in a volatile or stable form? I mean, I'm presuming that little trick I taught you could be used on it, but how much power is there generally in a handful or so?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Colin nodded, "It's not a good stereotype, is it? I suppose it's rather deserved, but all the same, it's got to be frustrating for those who don't quite embrace it..."

"One of them have the habit of kidnapping a family and getting them to torture one another to death...so no not a good stereotype really no."
Fran said and frowned.

He nodded thoughtfully as he sat down, "So liquid Quintessence, of sorts... is it in a volatile or stable form? I mean, I'm presuming that little trick I taught you could be used on it, but how much power is there generally in a handful or so?"

"The fluid itself is not Quintessence but it carry it, just like in the modern point of view, our blood is not oxygen but it do carry it. The Vis carried is not very volatile though."
The handler informed you.

[Adley and Nicole] Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth 2 30 in the afternoon.)

A clunk as Nicole pulled out the empty clip, a grunt as she shoved a new one in. Then raised the rifle and opened fire on the Asian woman shooting at Adley.

You hit the woman in the leg, but it was not a very good hit, she groaned in pain but she remained standing, she amied her gun at you and fired, hitting you in the side, which hurt pretty badly but you do not think you where extremely seriously wounded but with the spell cast on your guts earlier it was beginning to pile up.

(OOC: Ok I rolled and you did one lethal on the woman, and she gave you two back after dodging and damage rolling.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30 PM]
"One of them have the habit of kidnapping a family and getting them to torture one another to death...so no not a good stereotype really no."
Fran said and frowned.
Colin frowned, "Well, that one has got to go, then..."

"The fluid itself is not Quintessence but it carry it, just like in the modern point of view, our blood is not oxygen but it do carry it. The Vis carried is not very volatile though."
The handler informed you.
He nodded, "Right... Good; I would not want high quantities of volatile Quintessence on the battlefield next to a powerful Flambeau. There's another stereotype for you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Colin frowned, "Well, that one has got to go, then..."

"They all have to go..."
Dalisse said dakly.
"The others are not a hair better."

He nodded, "Right... Good; I would not want high quantities of volatile Quintessence on the battlefield next to a powerful Flambeau. There's another stereotype for you..."

"The Arab? Yes I have seen his power though the fight, his magick is magnificent."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"There are no Quintessence in the fluid now, I just used to flush out the ones traveling in my ship's veins."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Someone did not just call his pater Bin Laden...he aimed at the caster who was busily braiding straws even though he wanted to shoot the face off the one that had insulted his mentor, if they were not the same person. But in turn he saw that the Asian woman had aimed at him. He had Violet and the prisoner to think of besides himself, even if he knew even with his shield he might not live through a good shot, especially not at this range. He grabbed them quickly and tried to haul them all out of the way.

// Dex+Athletics: 1, 9, 8, 5, 6

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Someone did not just call his pater Bin Laden...he aimed at the caster who was busily braiding straws even though he wanted to shoot the face off the one that had insulted his mentor, if they were not the same person.

They where not the same person, the one who had insluted your Mentor was the gentleman with his butt and one had frozen to the floor who where trying to cast with one hand and finding it rather cumbersome. The man with the straws where standing and where busy braiding away.

But in turn he saw that the Asian woman had aimed at him. He had Violet and the prisoner to think of besides himself, even if he knew even with his shield he might not live through a good shot, especially not at this range. He grabbed them quickly and tried to haul them all out of the way.

You where about to shoot at the man braiding straws when you had to try to get out of the way of the Asian woman's bullets, you managed to grab Cecilia and Violet and get out of the way and your shield stopped the bullets, but but that was it...the shield had given all it could leaving you and the two women unprotected until it was recast.

Cecilia gave you a strange look, she had not expected you to save her.
"Thank you..."
She muttered softly.

The man braiding straws where apperantly done braiding for he lifted the finished product in a good immitation of a JRPG character finding something, over his head and then wind started to howl through the corridors of the great ship..
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Felt the jolt and sting; didn't look - didn't need to. Did her best to keep her head, merely scowling at the Asian woman and continuing to fire, focusing on that over everything else...

[Attempting 'Fifth Limb']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Felt the jolt and sting; didn't look - didn't need to. Did her best to keep her head, merely scowling at the Asian woman and continuing to fire, focusing on that over everything else...

You fired at the Asian woman and hit her in the shoulder, sending her to the floor in a heap, she was not dead and was trying to get back you but she was pretty wounded.
"Fucking bitch I will feast on your entrails!"
She anounced as she tried to get back up.

(OCC: You did four lethal on the Nephanda.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:51 pm

"It is not your fault I guess we can't control when our Avatars want to have a little chat with us."
Rosa said and looked at your arm.
"Would you like some ice for that bruise?"
She asked then she shook her head.
"I am still trying to wrap my head around some higher conciousness living inside of me...what was it like? Talking with yours?"

"My guy isn't very talkative." Serge said talking about the entity that gave him reality-warping abilities in a very terse manner.

"He likes to create things. Craft entire worlds to send me a message. Although technically I guess he was talking to me since I assume he was controlling everyone in the world. Even that dumb sorceress..." Serge said, grumbling at the mention of the sorceress whose words were still burned into his mind.

"Anyways it was a lot of fun before it got personal. Seekings can be scary things. Your avatar tends to know everything about you....everything. And mine wasn't afraid to let me know about my less desirable qualities." he mentioned sadly.

"So you...thought you where a swordsman in your Seeking? I am sorry but I don't understand."
Rosa said.

"I didn't just think I was swordsmen. I was a swordsmen. I had no knowledge of my real life. I even had the skills to back it up." Serge said, believing that the world his avatar had crafted was just as real as any other.

Jane spoke up from where she was giving "tea" to one of her dolls.
"Seeking usually have some sort of lesson for us...the one Seeking I had I was an adult and I had to learn to forgive...myself and my parents for not wanting me anymore..."
She muttered softly and looked down.

"Like Jane said, seekings are not bound by silly rules. Anything can happen. You can be anything, anyone, in any situation. Your fate and what you see is up to your Avatar." Serge explained to Rosa. "Of course it's up to you to interpret the lesson and decide whether or not you want to accept it."

"About half an hour...I was so scared for you...you where just laying there completely out."
The young Cultist said.
"Are you sure you are ok Cousin?"

"Yeah yeah yeah don't worry. I'm back now and I"m perfectly fine. Hell I feel stronger than ever!" Serge said flexing his fingers, a new rush of confidence flowing through him. "I feel like I could do anything! Wanna see if I can turn this whole room orange?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:05 pm

"My guy isn't very talkative." Serge said talking about the entity that gave him reality-warping abilities in a very terse manner.

"He likes to create things. Craft entire worlds to send me a message. Although technically I guess he was talking to me since I assume he was controlling everyone in the world. Even that dumb sorceress..." Serge said, grumbling at the mention of the sorceress whose words were still burned into his mind.

"Anyways it was a lot of fun before it got personal. Seekings can be scary things. Your avatar tends to know everything about you....everything. And mine wasn't afraid to let me know about my less desirable qualities." he mentioned sadly.

"Sorceress? You met a sorceress in your Seeking?"
Your Cousin said then she noticed your expression and said.
"Yeah...they do sound scary and you do not have to talk about it you know. I might just have been a mage for a month but I have understood that one's Avatar and Seekings are rather private, as long as you are ok you do not have to speak about it."
She assured you.

"I didn't just think I was swordsmen. I was a swordsmen. I had no knowledge of my real life. I even had the skills to back it up." Serge said, believing that the world his avatar had crafted was just as real as any other.

"That sounds rather fun actually, what did you do?"
Rosa asked.
"Did you fight in a war?"

"Like Jane said, seekings are not bound by silly rules. Anything can happen. You can be anything, anyone, in any situation. Your fate and what you see is up to your Avatar." Serge explained to Rosa. "Of course it's up to you to interpret the lesson and decide whether or not you want to accept it."

"Hum..."
Rosa said and nodded.
"I am not sure if I should be scared or exited about going on my own first Seeking. Is it dangerous? What if you get lost in a world of your own making?"

"Yeah yeah yeah don't worry. I'm back now and I"m perfectly fine. Hell I feel stronger than ever!" Serge said flexing his fingers, a new rush of confidence flowing through him.

"That is a relief, do you want anything to drink perhaps?"
Rosa said as she held down a hand to you to help you sit up.

"I feel like I could do anything! Wanna see if I can turn this whole room orange?"

"Jay!"
The young mage girls exclaimed clearly favoring the idea though Rosa looked far more skeptical.
"If you are sure you can turn the room back to normal again afterwards, I would not want to live in an all orange room."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 pm

"Sorceress? You met a sorceress in your Seeking?"
Your Cousin said then she noticed your expression and said.
"Yeah...they do sound scary and you do not have to talk about it you know. I might just have been a mage for a month but I have understood that one's Avatar and Seekings are rather private, as long as you are ok you do not have to speak about it."
She assured you.
"That sounds rather fun actually, what did you do?"
Rosa asked.
"Did you fight in a war?"

"Me and my party had to go save the lighthouse keeper's family from a sorceress and her horde of bandits." Serge said happily seeing no reason to keep that part of his adventure a secret.

"Let me think. In my party their was Sarah the elven cleric, Ivan the knight, Demar the Dwarf, and Erissa the mage." he said listing off the names of his partymembers.

"Hum..."
Rosa said and nodded.
"I am not sure if I should be scared or exited about going on my own first Seeking. Is it dangerous? What if you get lost in a world of your own making?"

"It can seem dangerous but as long as you follow your Avatar's lesson it should be fine. I doubt you'd get lost unless it related to the lesson your Avatar wanted to teach you." Serge assured the inexperienced cultist. "But remember I can't give you a concrete answer. We're all different and so are our seeking and avatars. What I experienced might be wholly different from what you experience."

"That is a relief, do you want anything to drink perhaps?"
Rosa said as she held down a hand to you to help you sit up.

"That'd be swell." Serge said, grunting a little as he brought himself up. The pains of battle seemed to have been passed on from seeking to reality and while the pain was merely in his head Serge had a very active imagination.

"Jay!"
The young mage girls exclaimed clearly favoring the idea though Rosa looked far more skeptical.
"If you are sure you can turn the room back to normal again afterwards, I would not want to live in an all orange room."
His thoughts went to the lesson he had just learned. How a seemingly insignificant action can have a myriad of effects. He didn't need to be Serge Yager interrogator extraordinaire piercing the minds of all his victims. Simply being Serge the guy who makes people see things was good enough for him. And showing the girls a bit more of his magick was something he had wanted to do anyways.

"All right! Everyone! I'm too lazy to walk over and get a colored pencil so let's all think about the color orange! What's your favorite orange things! Orange skies? Orange cats? Orange Soda? Oranges? Don't be afraid to shout it out loud!" Serge said rather excitedly.

Manipulating the masses was a thing the cult of Ecstasy did often. Manipulating party-goers to ensure that everyone had a good time, causing yourself to become the center of attention, or ensuring everyone was looking elsewhere so that you could buy your 'medicinal' marijuana in private. What Serge was doing wasn't any different although it was much more age-appropriate.

As Serge talked he weaved his magick through his words. Just a simple action of repeating the word 'orange' was enough to get him started. It allowed him to influence the minds of the children. Bringing the thought of the bright color to the forefront of every bodies mind so that he could manipulate it further. As he talked excitedly his thoughts went to the room around them. He painted a clear picture of the room in his mind and then with little more than a thought turned it and it's surrounding wall to orange.

As the girls shouted their favorite orange object he attempted to touch everyone's mind and reshaped them altering everyone's perceptions so that they would see the same thing he was seeing, a bright orange room.

(OOC: Attempting a Mind 2 effect for a simple mental illusion to make the room turn orange.

I think I need a minimum of 6 successes (2 for simple sight illusion + 4 to target a total of 5 people within the room)

First Roll: 9, 6, 1, 2  Second Roll: 6, 5, 3, 9 Third Roll: 4, 10, 4, 7 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 am

"They all have to go..."
Dalisse said dakly.
"The others are not a hair better."
Colin nodded silently, sipping his tea.

"The Arab? Yes I have seen his power though the fight, his magick is magnificent."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"There are no Quintessence in the fluid now, I just used to flush out the ones traveling in my ship's veins."
He frowned, "I don't think he's an Arab, actually, but yes, he's a credit to his House. Even if his temper does affect the ambient temperature."
He nodded, "So you can adjust on the fly whether the fluid is inert or enriched... Very useful, that. I imagine it would take quite the capable Life Mage to quickly adjust their own blood contents..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 am

You where about to shoot at the man braiding straws when you had to try to get out of the way of the Asian woman's bullets, you managed to grab Cecilia and Violet and get out of the way and your shield stopped the bullets, but but that was it...the shield had given all it could leaving you and the two women unprotected until it was recast.

Cecilia gave you a strange look, she had not expected you to save her.
"Thank you..."
She muttered softly.

The man braiding straws where apperantly done braiding for he lifted the finished product in a good immitation of a JRPG character finding something, over his head and then wind started to howl through the corridors of the great ship

He didn't have time to reply to Cecilia at the moment, he again took aim at the man who was braiding, stop him from finishing but he was too late in any case. By the time that he had gotten out of the way, whatever he had started, was working he could hear it as well as see him holding the figure over his head triumphantly. It sounded like a tornado - he wasn't sure if it were the wind of mundane silence or something else, perhaps the Air Elemental but he didn't really waste time wondering either. He shot at the man holding the figure before he got any other bright ideas...

// Dex+Firearms: 0, 1, 6, 2, 9, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 am

He didn't have time to reply to Cecilia at the moment, he again took aim at the man who was braiding, stop him from finishing but he was too late in any case. By the time that he had gotten out of the way, whatever he had started, was working he could hear it as well as see him holding the figure over his head triumphantly. It sounded like a tornado - he wasn't sure if it were the wind of mundane silence or something else, perhaps the Air Elemental but he didn't really waste time wondering either. He shot at the man holding the figure before he got any other bright ideas...

You aimed at the man with the straws, but for some reason the bullets where blown away from him, he glared at you though and pointed the straws at you sending you tumbling aross the floor as if caught by a strong wind. Violet looked angry and she tried to cast a spell at the man with the straws but she to where just thrown across the floor. Cecilia shouted at the man.
"Leave them alone Maxwell!"
She hissed and he glared at her.
"You dare speak to me like that? You will regret that."

He frowned, "I don't think he's an Arab, actually, but yes, he's a credit to his House. Even if his temper does affect the ambient temperature."
He nodded, "So you can adjust on the fly whether the fluid is inert or enriched... Very useful, that. I imagine it would take quite the capable Life Mage to quickly adjust their own blood contents..."

"Hum...yes he is quite skilled, and as long as he do not lash out at others with his anger I do not think there is a problem."
The Handler said then she nodded.
"Doing so with a human body would be quite hard, but my ship do not work quite like a human body it is more like..."
She trailed of and then looked alarmed.
"Something are wrong."
She muttered as you felt the breeze of the air elemental again.
"My domain in the ship are being disturbed."
The spirit said in her slight whisper.

"Me and my party had to go save the lighthouse keeper's family from a sorceress and her horde of bandits." Serge said happily seeing no reason to keep that part of his adventure a secret.

"Let me think. In my party their was Sarah the elven cleric, Ivan the knight, Demar the Dwarf, and Erissa the mage." he said listing off the names of his partymembers.

"That sounds allmost like a JRPG party."
Rosa said and smiled a little.
"At least you had some fun during your Seeking, so how did it go, did you defeat the bandits and save the lighthouse keeper's family?"

"It can seem dangerous but as long as you follow your Avatar's lesson it should be fine. I doubt you'd get lost unless it related to the lesson your Avatar wanted to teach you." Serge assured the inexperienced cultist. "But remember I can't give you a concrete answer. We're all different and so are our seeking and avatars. What I experienced might be wholly different from what you experience."

Rosa smiled at that but she still looked concerned.
"What if you are not able to follow your Avatar's lessons?"
She asked then she sigh.
"But I assume you are right just like our Awakenings it will be different for every one of us."

"That'd be swell." Serge said, grunting a little as he brought himself up. The pains of battle seemed to have been passed on from seeking to reality and while the pain was merely in his head Serge had a very active imagination.

Rosa gave you another concerned look then she went to the fridge and filled a glass of soda and brought it back to you.
"Here you go."
She said.
"Are you ok Sir?"
Jane asked.

His thoughts went to the lesson he had just learned. How a seemingly insignificant action can have a myriad of effects. He didn't need to be Serge Yager interrogator extraordinaire piercing the minds of all his victims. Simply being Serge the guy who makes people see things was good enough for him. And showing the girls a bit more of his magick was something he had wanted to do anyways.

"All right! Everyone! I'm too lazy to walk over and get a colored pencil so let's all think about the color orange! What's your favorite orange things! Orange skies? Orange cats? Orange Soda? Oranges? Don't be afraid to shout it out loud!" Serge said rather excitedly.

"I like big fat orange cats."
Cava said.
"I like to eat oranges."
Jane said.
"Orange soda..."
Said Yu Die.
Liv said something and Jane translated.
"She says she likes pumpkins."

Manipulating the masses was a thing the cult of Ecstasy did often. Manipulating party-goers to ensure that everyone had a good time, causing yourself to become the center of attention, or ensuring everyone was looking elsewhere so that you could buy your 'medicinal' marijuana in private. What Serge was doing wasn't any different although it was much more age-appropriate.

As Serge talked he weaved his magick through his words. Just a simple action of repeating the word 'orange' was enough to get him started. It allowed him to influence the minds of the children. Bringing the thought of the bright color to the forefront of every bodies mind so that he could manipulate it further. As he talked excitedly his thoughts went to the room around them. He painted a clear picture of the room in his mind and then with little more than a thought turned it and it's surrounding wall to orange.

As the girls shouted their favorite orange object he attempted to touch everyone's mind and reshaped them altering everyone's perceptions so that they would see the same thing he was seeing, a bright orange room.

It took some doing and some consentration and where allot harder to acomplish without your foci, but eventually you did manage to make the girls see every item in the apartment as bright orange. The young mage girls giggeled.
"It is all orange Sir."
Jane said and clapped.
"Yes indeed so it is."
Yu Die commented and giggeled.
"So it is indeed."
Cava and Liv looked around and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:39 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2.30 PM]
Hum...yes he is quite skilled, and as long as he do not lash out at others with his anger I do not think there is a problem."
The Handler said then she nodded.
"Doing so with a human body would be quite hard, but my ship do not work quite like a human body it is more like..."
She trailed of and then looked alarmed.
"Something are wrong."
She muttered as you felt the breeze of the air elemental again.
"My domain in the ship are being disturbed."
The spirit said in her slight whisper.
Colin smiled wryly, "He is not prone to lash out recklessly, no... but it is usually a very clear indicator of his patience when his coffee boils in his cup. Hm, come to think of it, that's been happening more frequently of late..."
He glanced in the direction the spirit's voice seemed to come from, "Oh, dear... As you restored air to the one who could not breathe, can you revoke the same privileges from the one who is usurping your domain?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:04 am

Colin smiled wryly, "He is not prone to lash out recklessly, no... but it is usually a very clear indicator of his patience when his coffee boils in his cup. Hm, come to think of it, that's been happening more frequently of late..."

"Well with the conflict with our faction lately it is not strange that this powerful old Hermetic gets more stressed as well."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He glanced in the direction the spirit's voice seemed to come from, "Oh, dear... As you restored air to the one who could not breathe, can you revoke the same privileges from the one who is usurping your domain?"

"Not as long as I am bound to this place, she refuse me harming anyone in this ship even when they interfare with my domain."
The spirit whispered.
"It is irritating and wrong I am air, and air should not be wrong!"
She continued angrily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

"Well with the conflict with our faction lately it is not strange that this powerful old Hermetic gets more stressed as well."
Dalisse said and nodded.
Colin scritched idly at his ear, "Ah, yes, well, it is entirely likely that I may have been the cause of a few of those caffeinated eruptions as well, the war notwithstanding..."

"Not as long as I am bound to this place, she refuse me harming anyone in this ship even when they interfare with my domain."
The spirit whispered.
"It is irritating and wrong I am air, and air should not be wrong!"
She continued angrily.
He frowned, "Perhaps we can find a loophole... what, precisely, is the nature of the wrongness influenced on your domain? Aside, obviously, from the magic being an affront to Reality, that is?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Anja's Post:

While the straw-weaving guy was clearly the largest threat, Nicole wasn't the sort to leave another still in-play. So fired again at the Asian woman, intending to end her resistance, then to start shooting at the straw-guy.

Speed was of the essence here...

[Attempting 'Deadaim']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:22 pm

While the straw-weaving guy was clearly the largest threat, Nicole wasn't the sort to leave another still in-play. So fired again at the Asian woman, intending to end her resistance, then to start shooting at the straw-guy.

You aimed at the Asian woman and pulled the trigger but the bullets somehow missed the wounded Nephanda, perhaps somewhat the same spell that had protected the middleaged, dark haired woman a few moments ago. The man with the straws pointed at you with those three braided straws and you where knocked off your feet and sent tumbling, something that was not fun with your injuries, by a strong gust of wind, and that storm howling in the hallways where getting closer.

Colin scritched idly at his ear, "Ah, yes, well, it is entirely likely that I may have been the cause of a few of those caffeinated eruptions as well, the war notwithstanding..."

"Well you are the man who came here to a labyrinth to speak with it's handler alone, I can imagine you can be a bit of a stress factor for your leaders."
Daliss said sounding a bit amused.

He frowned, "Perhaps we can find a loophole...

"There are many holes on this ship."
The spirt whispered on the light breeze.

what, precisely, is the nature of the wrongness influenced on your domain? Aside, obviously, from the magic being an affront to Reality, that is?"

"A storm of sadness and despair roam these halls, a wind that should not be, made of pain and scream and the pieces of nothingness that should never be."
The Air elemental whispered.

(OOC: My spell checker wanted to correct the misspelled word scream with scat, a wind made of pain and scat sounds...unsanitary. Thanks spellchecker. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm

You aimed at the man with the straws, but for some reason the bullets where blown away from him, he glared at you though and pointed the straws at you sending you tumbling aross the floor as if caught by a strong wind. Violet looked angry and she tried to cast a spell at the man with the straws but she to where just thrown across the floor.

Cecilia shouted at the man. "Leave them alone Maxwell!" She hissed and he glared at her.
"You dare speak to me like that? You will regret that."

Suddenly, even as he missed a good shot, he was blown away like nothing more than a tumbleweed. He kept a hold of his weapon as best he could. Soon enough Violet others soon joined him in being bowled over.  "'Maxwell' can't target us all of us at once," he said in an irritated tone as he was recovering from being blown about. He was fast, yes and there was whatever was on it's way, yes but it wasn't here yet. Bullets wouldn't work, they were being blown about, and a wind was on its way. It was some type of air spell probably an ongoing one or ongoing focus through the straw man. He decided to try to target the spellwork itself then instead of the man, focusing on rebuilding the normal primal structure of the air using the counterspelling technique he and Colin had used on the wind wall previously. He projected his voice as loudly as he could, trying to fill the chamber they were in and beyond where that wind was coming from with words calling upon the Name of the Power of the cavalry cross angel's Enochian Name, he who protected the Air of the Air...a request to come lend them aid to put things right his domain.

// Prime - 0, 1, 7 - 8, 7, 5 - 8, 3, 7 (feel free to stop wherever makes sense if Adley gets stopped or the wind comes in or w/e, I'm just going to be away from my PC at some point so I thought I'd put up a few rolls just in case).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Anja's Post:

Resisting the urge to either curl up or just stay down, Nicole pulled herself up off the floor, perhaps moving to a wall or pillar for support/partial wind cover.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 pm

"That sounds allmost like a JRPG party."
Rosa said and smiled a little.
"At least you had some fun during your Seeking, so how did it go, did you defeat the bandits and save the lighthouse keeper's family?"

"Oh no I technically lost that fight horribly." Serge said with a sad shake of his head. "I did manage to save the lighthouse keepers family but I didn't beat the bandit sorceress. The sorceress....had some harsh words for me and managed to dodge all of my sword swings. I only managed to get one hit on her." Serge said remembering the scene vividly.

"But the lesson didn't involve winning the fight. The lesson was realizing that just because I'm not some well-known hero doesn't mean I can't do any good in the world." The lesson had been a bit more complicated than that, but Serge didn't feel like going into his own flaws in too much detail.

Rosa smiled at that but she still looked concerned.
"What if you are not able to follow your Avatar's lessons?"
She asked then she sigh.
"But I assume you are right just like our Awakenings it will be different for every one of us."

"Than you fail." Serge said bluntly with a shrug of his shoulders. "And you try again later. I nearly failed mine as well. It's not so easy to give up a life of fame and glory."

Rosa gave you another concerned look then she went to the fridge and filled a glass of soda and brought it back to you.
"Here you go."
She said.
"Are you ok Sir?"
Jane asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. It just feels like I've swung a sword a thousand times." Serge assured the young girl as he took the drink and drank it happily.

It took some doing and some consentration and where allot harder to acomplish without your foci, but eventually you did manage to make the girls see every item in the apartment as bright orange. The young mage girls giggeled.
"It is all orange Sir."
Jane said and clapped.
"Yes indeed so it is."
Yu Die commented and giggeled.
"So it is indeed."
Cava and Liv looked around and smiled.

"Behold my power!" Serge boasted humorously like an over the top evil necromancer. "Of changing room colors! Fear me!"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next