Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 21 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:07 am

Allison sigh.
"The way I have been told the team going after the Nephandus known as Wallace Jace managed to knock him out, but that activated a security measure he had created bound to himself, a homonculus of fearsome fighting ability, it killed Miss Dawn on the spot and then your Mentor got in it's way to give Mr Roth Hicks the time to inject Jace with the magick blocking serum. The homonculus threw your Mentor int a wall with fearsome force, completely crushing the left side of her body, however Deactoness O'Conner quickly acted and managed to restore the Doctor's body before life left her, saving her life, the injuries she is left with are what is left after the Deaconess' extensive healing."
She explained then she added.
"I am so sorry for your Mentor's troubles Sir. But at least she will recover. And without her bravery it is likely the entire strike team would have perished, she saved them all."
She added softely.
"You should be very proud of her Sir."

"That..that is certainly something." Serge said slowly, not realizing how much had been going on during his time with the girls. "So she was out there fighting and got thrown into a wall. Of course she was. She always liked to help other people no matter what it might do to her."

He sighed as his thoughts went to his mentor. Brave enough to stand and fight something that could kill her in an instant while he was in the safety of the chantry, too scared to do anything that could harm him. It was that sort of bravery and selflessness that he had always admired and envied in his mentor.

"I am proud of her. She's everything I've always wanted to be. Brave, smart, funny, confident, powerful and fighting to protect those she cares about even if it'll put her in harm's way." Serge said with a depressed sigh.

"From the sounds of things, I have the Deaconess to thank for the fact that my mentor is still breathing. I should probably go thank her. Do you know where she is?" Serge asked softly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 21 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30]
"Yeah...I forgot about that, it must be hard for you to talk about, let us find another topic."
Brandon muttered clearly a bit uneasy abut the topic at hand. Then again so would most mages be.
Colin shrugged, "Less hard than one might think - it's no longer a slightly abstract fear for me... but yes, let's drop the subject anyway."

"A homonculus that activated when Jace became unconcious. Your Cabalmate had a syringe with the serum and the good Doctor got in the homonculus' way to give him a chance to inject the Nephandus...which did dispell the homonculus but not before it threw the good Doctor into a wall with fearsome force, without her bravery the entire team would have had been lost."
Richard said and nodded.
"I to hope she survives we do not have many who can tend to the mental health of Traditionalists in the area, we need her."
He frowned, "The bloody git was too clever by half..."

"Well I guess it could be worse but at times your...time traveling escapades give me a headache."
Your Cabalmate said wryly.
He grinned wryly, "If it were only time travel escapades..."

"Yeah it makes no sense, why would they shoot my wife's Mentor but leave him alive to tell the tale...it is like if they wanted him to tell everyone the Union did it."
Harmony said.
"She is headed towards Gary, she is about halfway between the location of Morningstar and Gary's airport."
She informed you.
"If they harm Heather I...swear they will live to regret it."
He frowned, "The Fallen have pawns everywhere, both among our ranks and among the Technocrats... These two may be Union fall guys, plain and simple. That... matters little right now; if she's headed for the airport... wait, is the Gary airport also an Umbral Port?"

"That is acceptable Mr Wainwright, if you help get her back I will owe you everything after all."
He smiled thinly, "Be careful with such promises... but I would have helped even if it might not profit me."

"What do you want me to do?"
Harmony asked, short and to the point, she only had concerns for getting Heather back safely now.
He focused on the strands linking himself, Anna, Harmony and Heather - the collar, the faith and trust, and the intertwined connections between the two pairs, and started tracking the link to Heather as fast as he could, closing his left eye to avoid the vertigo when his right eye started looking across hundreds of miles in a matter of seconds... "Concentrate on Heather, and your love for her. And hold the line open. I can try to piggyback on those links to find her with greater accuracy. Full disclosure, I only figured out how to reach through space a few minutes ago. But I may have an ace up my sleeve, all the same."

((OOC: So, Correspondence 2, perhaps with a touch of Time to pluck at the past and future connections as well, to find Heather about a thousand miles away... Piece of cake. Razz Close as I can figure, it should be Diff 7; (Vulgar w/o witnesses fast-cast 5+2, -1 for specialty focus, +1 for distance.) Arete rolls: 6,7,8 - 3,5,9 - 1,9,0 - 4,6,0 - 1,7,9, - 2,5,9. If I recall correctly, Colin's cap was at Willpower+Arete rolls? Still stopping at six rolls, seven successes by my counting. It will have to do. Razz ))

((OOC2: I'm not so worried about Mia masterminding this. Future Colin, on the other hand, can be something of a manipulative bastard, it seems. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:49 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole followed the group; one eye open for hostiles, the other on another of the group to help ID friendlies so to avoid "blue on blue" incidents. Positioned herself behind one of these, so she could automatically what or who they were attacking [and not].

Anja's Post:

'Their choice led to this situation.' Nicole retorted in a matter-of-fact tone. 'You fuck up, you pay for it.'

Anja's Post:

If Nicole notices this in time, she'll either push the prisoner out of the way or plant herself in between the two with a resigned look on her face.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:43 pm

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2 30)

Nicole followed the group; one eye open for hostiles, the other on another of the group to help ID friendlies so to avoid "blue on blue" incidents. Positioned herself behind one of these, so she could automatically what or who they were attacking [and not].

There where really no attacking going on right now, a rather large group of mages where standing outside a set of double doors discussing how to safely get into the room beyond, the rest where waiting or keeping watch, and the three Nephandi your group let go where long gone in the oposite direction by now.

'Their choice led to this situation.' Nicole retorted in a matter-of-fact tone. 'You fuck up, you pay for it.'

"Well Ma'am I would say there is a difference between taking them out in battle to stop what they are doing and torturing them. I understand why it was done, giving them a chance got them to surrender and the only way we could give them a chance was with making sure they could not turn around and attack us, but even so, we hurt them...badly...and I can not help but feel that...well that it is not right."
Violet said softly and looked down.

If Nicole notices this in time, she'll either push the prisoner out of the way or plant herself in between the two with a resigned look on her face.

You stepped out in front of the prisoner and the rather agitated man frowned at you, he was fairly tall, allmost as tall as you but you still had more muscle mass.
"Move...my Cabal lost three members in this fight...three I am going to teach the little bitch a lesson!"
He hissed clearly angry though he did not apear physically threathening towards you it was Cecilia he wanted not you who he assumed where a fellow Traditionalist.

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin shrugged, "Less hard than one might think - it's no longer a slightly abstract fear for me... but yes, let's drop the subject anyway."

"How...can it not be hard? I mean just the thought makes my skin crawl, and your remember your Avatar going through it...shit...yeah new topic would be good."
Brandon said, the young Nephandus had turned slightly pale.

He frowned, "The bloody git was too clever by half..."

"Indeed I keep half expecting him to pull some sort of stunt here, I will be glad when he is out of the Chantry and on his way to Horizon."
Richard commented.

He grinned wryly, "If it were only time travel escapades..."

"Yes well, whatever they are, keeping track of them and understanding them is not easy."

He frowned, "The Fallen have pawns everywhere, both among our ranks and among the Technocrats... These two may be Union fall guys, plain and simple. That... matters little right now; if she's headed for the airport... wait, is the Gary airport also an Umbral Port?"

"You may be right, well who they work for matters little right now, what is important is getting Heather back safely."
Harmony said quickly.
"No I do not think so, though any airport, train station or docks would have the Resonance of traveling so teleportation spells or anything to do with going from one location to another should be easier there."
The Cultist replied.

He smiled thinly, "Be careful with such promises... but I would have helped even if it might not profit me."

"I believe you Mr Wainwright, you want the collar my wife is wearing but I do think you would help her even if it was not something you wanted in the balance."
Harmony said.
"But yes if you save her I would really owe you and I do mean that."

He focused on the strands linking himself, Anna, Harmony and Heather - the collar, the faith and trust, and the intertwined connections between the two pairs, and started tracking the link to Heather as fast as he could, closing his left eye to avoid the vertigo when his right eye started looking across hundreds of miles in a matter of seconds... "Concentrate on Heather, and your love for her. And hold the line open. I can try to piggyback on those links to find her with greater accuracy. Full disclosure, I only figured out how to reach through space a few minutes ago. But I may have an ace up my sleeve, all the same."

"Well sudden insights can be useful and if it works I will not complain."
Harmony said then she was silent on the phone as you worked, you felt the slight electrical buzzing of the phone line as your mind's eye traveled down it and then you could feel her, Heather was in a car, you felt movement and could see the car traveling down the busy road, her hands where chained behind her and you could see her chest rising and falling quickly she was scared, at least she was mostly unhurt, there was a bruise on her cheek but you saw no other wounds and her breathing while quick and scared where deep she was in good health. In the car with the Cultist where two men in black suits, they where not MiB's as they where nto identical, one was very large, dark skinned with black hair and eyes the other where tall and thin with copper hair and blue eyes, the large dark man where driving while the other man where in the back seat with Heather discretly holding a gun on her.

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"That..that is certainly something." Serge said slowly, not realizing how much had been going on during his time with the girls. "So she was out there fighting and got thrown into a wall. Of course she was. She always liked to help other people no matter what it might do to her."

"I have heard much good about your Mentor Sir."
Allison said softly.
"She did fight to protect us all and she is a brave, kind woman."

He sighed as his thoughts went to his mentor. Brave enough to stand and fight something that could kill her in an instant while he was in the safety of the chantry, too scared to do anything that could harm him. It was that sort of bravery and selflessness that he had always admired and envied in his mentor.

"I am proud of her. She's everything I've always wanted to be. Brave, smart, funny, confident, powerful and fighting to protect those she cares about even if it'll put her in harm's way." Serge said with a depressed sigh.

Allison nodded and she gave you an encouraging smile.
"She is someone to aspire to indeed Sir. But she choose you as her apprentice, as far as I know she is a Master of the Art of a fine liniage she could have had her pick of choice apprentices, but she choose you, that much mean she sees allot of potential in you."

"From the sounds of things, I have the Deaconess to thank for the fact that my mentor is still breathing. I should probably go thank her. Do you know where she is?" Serge asked softly.

"Yes you do have Deaconess O'Conner to thank for your Mentor's life Sir and I am sure she will appriciate your gratitude. If I am not mistaken though she is with one of the strike teams accosting the labyrinth at the moment, but I can inform her that you wish a word with her once she returns to Steelhaven if you wish."
The hedge wizard offered.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I have been out playing MtG today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:09 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30ish]
"How...can it not be hard? I mean just the thought makes my skin crawl, and your remember your Avatar going through it...shit...yeah new topic would be good."
Brandon said, the young Nephandus had turned slightly pale.
Colin frowned, "The fear of the unknown lets your imagination run wild... I'm not going to pretend it's a pleasant memory - in fact, it's one of the worst I have - but it does make the prospect less terrifying, having been through it... It is how it is with most things, really..."

"Indeed I keep half expecting him to pull some sort of stunt here, I will be glad when he is out of the Chantry and on his way to Horizon."
Richard commented.
He frowned, "Quite. Make sure he is kept well on the serum, and preferably sedated as well."

"Yes well, whatever they are, keeping track of them and understanding them is not easy."
"No objections there..."

"You may be right, well who they work for matters little right now, what is important is getting Heather back safely."
Harmony said quickly.
"No I do not think so, though any airport, train station or docks would have the Resonance of traveling so teleportation spells or anything to do with going from one location to another should be easier there."
The Cultist replied.
He nodded, "Right, so let's try to avoid them getting away entirely."

"I believe you Mr Wainwright, you want the collar my wife is wearing but I do think you would help her even if it was not something you wanted in the balance."
Harmony said.
"But yes if you save her I would really owe you and I do mean that."
He smiled, "Besides, if we can't rescue her, who would appreciate the set of runes I will be making?"

"Well sudden insights can be useful and if it works I will not complain."
Harmony said then she was silent on the phone as you worked, you felt the slight electrical buzzing of the phone line as your mind's eye traveled down it and then you could feel her, Heather was in a car, you felt movement and could see the car traveling down the busy road, her hands where chained behind her and you could see her chest rising and falling quickly she was scared, at least she was mostly unhurt, there was a bruise on her cheek but you saw no other wounds and her breathing while quick and scared where deep she was in good health. In the car with the Cultist where two men in black suits, they where not MiB's as they where nto identical, one was very large, dark skinned with black hair and eyes the other where tall and thin with copper hair and blue eyes, the large dark man where driving while the other man where in the back seat with Heather discretly holding a gun on her.
His eye narrowed a little, "I see them... They're not MIBs, at least - they look different from one another... and they've struck her in the face and chained her hands. The scrawny one is holding a gun aimed at her, too... I'm going to ask a friend to help now, please hold..."
He took out the monocle and turned to Dalisse, flipping the monocle around so she could see through the little scrying circle, "Milady, the woman is important; incredibly so, and she's kidnapped by the two men in the car... Can you piggyback on the connection to bring her here, to safety?"

((OOC: Quite alright. Did you win?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:32 pm

"You are probably right Sir." Violet said and she looked down. "I am not so sure what we did was right, even if it was neccesary...they where so afraid, I would have been as well if it had been me." The young Verbena said and she looked down at her thin fingers.

"Sometimes it seems like there are nothing but bad choices and you still have to choose anyway, something must be done so all we can do is try to make a choice that has the least harmful outcome. It sucks. I choose to do what we did so that would keep us safeguarded and so we could deal with the labyrinth, keep existence in motion. I did not want my pater or others to do all the dirty work and we needed to hurry. I could not think of an alternative to improve things. And as she says, they had their choices too. It is hard, especially as you are a healer. It is natural to feel the way you do. Later, when we're...out of here and recovering, we can talk if you wish. I may have nothing more in depth to say by then, but I can listen."

You notice some of West Chapel's mages scanned your group with their eyes noticing who was not there and their eyes widened. "Ehm...where not Brian with you guys?"
A little woman in her 40's in a purple weather and jeans with big round glasses that only made her round face seam rounder and her short curly hair did not help either. You think she is a Cultist if you remember right. "Are my Cabalmate wounded?"
You also saw a man, another Hermetic a House Fortunae named Stephen Callins on his way in the direction of Cecilia, he was clearly in rage and intent on letting it out on the prisoner, his right hand forming a fist as he moved.
You also saw a man, another Hermetic a House Fortunae named Stephen Callins on his way in the direction of Cecilia, he was clearly in rage and intent on letting it out on the prisoner, his right hand forming a fist as he moved.
You stepped out in front of the prisoner and the rather agitated man frowned at you, he was fairly tall, allmost as tall as you but you still had more muscle mass.
"Move...my Cabal lost three members in this fight...three I am going to teach the little bitch a lesson!"
He hissed clearly angry though he did not apear physically threathening towards you it was Cecilia he wanted not you who he assumed where a fellow Traditionalist.

He frowned with a pained look. "I'm very sorry, ma'am..." But he got no further in explaining about Brian's fate, because suddenly one of his sodalis was near throwing a punch and Nicole's body was solidly in the way. He shifted over as well so that his shield would offer protection. "Sodalis, this woman is currently in our custody and she will not be coming to undue harm while taking no offensive action. She has surrendered. I sympathize with your losses, truly, but there may be active targets yet to be had, more work to be done yet. And there is no lesson for this woman to learn that she has not already learned such here from the members of the Labyrinth."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 pm

"I have heard much good about your Mentor Sir."
Allison said softly.
"She did fight to protect us all and she is a brave, kind woman."
Allison nodded and she gave you an encouraging smile.
"She is someone to aspire to indeed Sir. But she choose you as her apprentice, as far as I know she is a Master of the Art of a fine liniage she could have had her pick of choice apprentices, but she choose you, that much mean she sees allot of potential in you."

"Yeah your right. But potential doesn't guarantee anything. I still have to live up to it." Serge said sadly.

"Yes you do have Deaconess O'Conner to thank for your Mentor's life Sir and I am sure she will appriciate your gratitude. If I am not mistaken though she is with one of the strike teams accosting the labyrinth at the moment, but I can inform her that you wish a word with her once she returns to Steelhaven if you wish."
The hedge wizard offered.

"Yeah that'd be helpful. Thanks." Serge said with a smile.

"So I guess that means we got Jace?" he said wanting to change the subject somewhat, not too mention a little curious as to the outcomes of all of the battles.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Anja's Post:

Adley's Post:

'Can't bitch when you leave a situation with mashed-up hands when you thought it would be in a bag.' Nicole replied in the same neutral tone. 'And at least they still have their hands.'

Anja's Post:

'That we're worse than cops? At least they wait 'till there's no witnesses. Usually.' Nicole replied in a resigned, rather curt tone; one often seen in someone tired, annoyed and really didn't wish to deal with this but would.

'Plus - we still need her. Intel on any safehouses and the like. We've broken the back, but the job's not done. Kinda hard to talk when you've got a cracked skull and jaw.'

[Gary has an airport? Or anything, for that matter? Sorry... just read through the VtM 'Dust to Dust' book a week ago.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:50 pm

'Can't bitch when you leave a situation with mashed-up hands when you thought it would be in a bag.' Nicole replied in the same neutral tone. 'And at least they still have their hands.'

"Well yes they do still have them but even so. I do feel bad for them, but at least they are alive and with their souls intact so there is that...but did we just hurt them to let them delay capture for a few houers I can not imagine they will be able to fight back much in that condition when they are hunted down Ma'am."
Violet said and frowned.

"Sometimes it seems like there are nothing but bad choices and you still have to choose anyway, something must be done so all we can do is try to make a choice that has the least harmful outcome. It sucks. I choose to do what we did so that would keep us safeguarded and so we could deal with the labyrinth, keep existence in motion. I did not want my pater or others to do all the dirty work and we needed to hurry. I could not think of an alternative to improve things. And as she says, they had their choices too. It is hard, especially as you are a healer. It is natural to feel the way you do. Later, when we're...out of here and recovering, we can talk if you wish. I may have nothing more in depth to say by then, but I can listen."

Violet sigh and looked down.
"I am not saying...we had any choices and that this was not the best way to do it, but it still feels wrong, I mean at least we could have slowed down enough for Thorn or me to be able to cast a spell to ease the pain of all of them, making sure they felt nothing, or even to use magick to make their hands unmovable rather than break the bones, we can do that you know but it would take a little longer and while it is not my place as an apprentice to say so, I think we should have taken that time."
She said and shook her head.
"It is also hard that for allmost everyone...this is just a regular Sunday, I am expected to go to school tomorrow and the others will be busy discussing who was rude to who on Facebook and what movie to go watch and for me I have lost the most important person in my life and taken part in torturing pepole and capturing others for a fate worse than death...how...how do I deal with that? How do I deal with the fact that for my friends, tomorrow is just Monday?"
Violet asked tearswelling up in her eyes.

He frowned with a pained look. "I'm very sorry, ma'am..." But he got no further in explaining about Brian's fate, because suddenly one of his sodalis was near throwing a punch and Nicole's body was solidly in the way. He shifted over as well so that his shield would offer protection. "Sodalis, this woman is currently in our custody and she will not be coming to undue harm while taking no offensive action. She has surrendered. I sympathize with your losses, truly, but there may be active targets yet to be had, more work to be done yet. And there is no lesson for this woman to learn that she has not already learned such here from the members of the Labyrinth."

The Cultist looked at you confused but she did not protest as you turned to deal with the angry Fortunae, the man looked at you for a moment.
"That woman is a Nephanda, what do you care if she gets a few bruises?"
He demanded. Vittoria DeAngelo turned from discussing what to do about the ward with your Mentor and several tohers to say.
"Calm down Sodalis the woman will get more than a few bruises when she is interogated, and as the senior Quesitor of this Tribunal it is my right to demand to get to interogate any prisoner, I will make sure the woman's answers are verified with pain. There is no need to argue about her at the moment."
This calmed the Fortunae and he glanced at you and Nicole and then stepped away.
"Very well...forgive me Sodalis I meant no disrespect."
He muttered. Cecilia whimpered and stepped more behind you.
"I can not stop you interogating the woman Quesitor DeAngelo but she is my prisoner and I will want her back, alive."
Jeffry said sternly. Vittoria scoffed though.
"Ah you wish Master Morgan, you will get back what is left when I am done with her alive if you wish to execute her yourself."

'That we're worse than cops? At least they wait 'till there's no witnesses. Usually.' Nicole replied in a resigned, rather curt tone; one often seen in someone tired, annoyed and really didn't wish to deal with this but would.

Ty gave a snicker at your words though the Hermetic did not seam to get your point, he looked rather well of in his nice clothes, chances was he had never seen the shadow side of the police.
"I just want vengence for my Cabalmates."
He gumbeled.
"But I can step back and let the Quesitor get it for me instead."
He continued and Cecilia looked even more scared.

'Plus - we still need her. Intel on any safehouses and the like. We've broken the back, but the job's not done. Kinda hard to talk when you've got a cracked skull and jaw.'

"There is magick for that but I guess structured interogation is better."
The Hermetic agreed.
"I am going to cooperate...please I just want to live I will tell all I know."
Cecilia promised and the Fortunae glared at her and she hid behind Adley again looking terrified.

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah your right. But potential doesn't guarantee anything. I still have to live up to it." Serge said sadly.

"There are no guarentees in life Sir, but do you plan not to live up to your Mentor's expectations, it seams to me the short time you have been here everyone I have met who have talked about you speak well of you."
Allison said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah that'd be helpful. Thanks." Serge said with a smile.

"Then I will do so Sir."
The hedge wizard said and she returned the smile warmly.

"So I guess that means we got Jace?" he said wanting to change the subject somewhat, not too mention a little curious as to the outcomes of all of the battles.

"We did get him yes, he is taken alive and is being kept in the basement until he can be sent to Horizon."
Allison confirmed.

Colin frowned, "The fear of the unknown lets your imagination run wild... I'm not going to pretend it's a pleasant memory - in fact, it's one of the worst I have - but it does make the prospect less terrifying, having been through it... It is how it is with most things, really..."

"I guess I can see that on the other hand I would think experiencing such a thing would make you more afraid not less but I guess we all react differently to horrible things, but yes let us discuss something else I think I am going to become sick."
Brandon said and he did look rather pale.

He frowned, "Quite. Make sure he is kept well on the serum, and preferably sedated as well."

"That is neither your place to order nor mine Colin but I am sure it is being done, none of our superiors will want the man to escape."
Richard replied.

He nodded, "Right, so let's try to avoid them getting away entirely."

"Agreed."
Harmony said simply.

He smiled, "Besides, if we can't rescue her, who would appreciate the set of runes I will be making?"

"That is kind of you and yes...we can not let them get away with her, I will not let them have what is mine!"
The Cultist declared.

His eye narrowed a little, "I see them... They're not MIBs, at least - they look different from one another... and they've struck her in the face and chained her hands. The scrawny one is holding a gun aimed at her, too... I'm going to ask a friend to help now, please hold..."

"Very well, I will hold."
Harmony said, carefully keeping a lid on what she would like to do to the men who struck her wife and kidnapped her, getting angry right now would not help her get Heather back.

He took out the monocle and turned to Dalisse, flipping the monocle around so she could see through the little scrying circle, "Milady, the woman is important; incredibly so, and she's kidnapped by the two men in the car... Can you piggyback on the connection to bring her here, to safety?"

"I can try."
Dalisse said and glanced through the monocle and she egun to move her hands in quick hand gestures and chant softly in Latin then suddenly she stopped and shuddered as if she had gotten and electric shock.
"They are blocking me, they have blocked either the girl or the car itself from teleportation magick and they are quite good with their warding, I am not some new fresh apprentice exited about my first spell, that they manage to block my progress is...impressive, troublesome but impressive."
The ancient mage said and frowned but she did indeed look rather impressed at the two kidnappers.

(OOC: According to the original Ashes to Ashes story yes Gary got an airport whand the old Roman Gangrel, what was his named Lucian? Something like that controls it. I have not read up on the real town though, though Wikipedia to the rescue there are an airport there here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary/Chicago_International_Airport )

(OOC: I did indeed, seven wins and one loss, not satisfying onces for the most part though my oponent kept getting mana issues, I would rather loose after a game where I had to wring ideas out of my brain to do as well as possible, than win with several miss playes due to being tired becuase my oponent got mana screwed that is not as satisfying still fun to play though.)

(OOC 3: Sorry for slow posting I have not been feeling well today and I have been a bit lazy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:42 pm

"I guess I can see that on the other hand I would think experiencing such a thing would make you more afraid not less but I guess we all react differently to horrible things, but yes let us discuss something else I think I am going to become sick."
Brandon said and he did look rather pale.
Colin nodded, "If it makes you feel better, I am less fond of modern rocketry. At least, being on the receiving end of it."
He gestured to his face, "Believe me, if the surgeons have to staple your face back together because half of it is lying on your shoulder, that's... something that will stay with you for a long time."

"That is neither your place to order nor mine Colin but I am sure it is being done, none of our superiors will want the man to escape."
Richard replied.
He nodded, "Of course. Call it a recommendation from someone who has met the man."

"That is kind of you and yes...we can not let them get away with her, I will not let them have what is mine!"
The Cultist declared.
"Quite, so let's not give them the satisfaction."

"I can try."
Dalisse said and glanced through the monocle and she egun to move her hands in quick hand gestures and chant softly in Latin then suddenly she stopped and shuddered as if she had gotten and electric shock.
"They are blocking me, they have blocked either the girl or the car itself from teleportation magick and they are quite good with their warding, I am not some new fresh apprentice exited about my first spell, that they manage to block my progress is...impressive, troublesome but impressive."
The ancient mage said and frowned but she did indeed look rather impressed at the two kidnappers.
He frowned, "Bugger, I should have figured they'd have somesuch security in place... Did you get a sense of the magic powering the ward? Fallen? Static? Anything of the sort?"

((OOC: Of course it wouldn't be that simple... Razz ))

((OOC2: Ech, fluke wins are never satisfying. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:43 pm

"There are no guarentees in life Sir, but do you plan not to live up to your Mentor's expectations, it seams to me the short time you have been here everyone I have met who have talked about you speak well of you."
Allison said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" Serge said giving Allison a surprised look. "Oh wait yeah I guess that makes sense. I've done a lot since coming here. Still cool to hear people are talking about me. And not in a negative way." he said with a shrug.

"We did get him yes, he is taken alive and is being kept in the basement until he can be sent to Horizon."
Allison confirmed.

"Wait that guy is in our basement? Damn....really?" he said in slight disbelief. After hearing all of the trouble he had cause Serge had half-expected them to execute Jace right then and their.

"Is that safe though? What if the serum wears off and we have a homunculus rampaging around the basement? Wasn't Jace a progenitor? One of those freaky mad scientist doctor guys that love to mess with living things? Finding ways to counteract stuff put into your body sounds like something they'd do." he said a little worried.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:04 am

"Well yes they do still have them but even so. I do feel bad for them, but at least they are alive and with their souls intact so there is that...but did we just hurt them to let them delay capture for a few houers I can not imagine they will be able to fight back much in that condition when they are hunted down Ma'am."
Violet said and frowned.

"It is understandable to feel bad for them, it means you're still human."

Violet sigh and looked down.
"I am not saying...we had any choices and that this was not the best way to do it, but it still feels wrong, I mean at least we could have slowed down enough for Thorn or me to be able to cast a spell to ease the pain of all of them, making sure they felt nothing, or even to use magick to make their hands unmovable rather than break the bones, we can do that you know but it would take a little longer and while it is not my place as an apprentice to say so, I think we should have taken that time."
She said and shook her head.

"Perhaps you are correct. With at least one of them in such a state, it does serve to slow them down and ensure they will not be fighting against us. That does not make me feel better about it, either - and I wished that I hadn't mangled the spell. But haste does sometimes take precedence. It is good to think through these things, perhaps if...such a thing ever must happen again, we can be better prepared with another solution."

"It is also hard that for allmost everyone...this is just a regular Sunday, I am expected to go to school tomorrow and the others will be busy discussing who was rude to who on Facebook and what movie to go watch and for me I have lost the most important person in my life and taken part in torturing pepole and capturing others for a fate worse than death...how...how do I deal with that? How do I deal with the fact that for my friends, tomorrow is just Monday?"

He sighed. "I know how you feel. The way I'm dealing with it...is that for our friends and all the other unwitting sleepers, they get to have a normal Monday, even if we don't ever have another one for ourselves. Let us get through this, and leave this place...we can't let our sorrows or regrets stall us, later we can come to our own reckoning. And as I said, you can call me...if you wish."

"That woman is a Nephanda, what do you care if she gets a few bruises?"
He demanded. Vittoria DeAngelo turned from discussing what to do about the ward with your Mentor and several tohers to say.
"Calm down Sodalis the woman will get more than a few bruises when she is interogated, and as the senior Quesitor of this Tribunal it is my right to demand to get to interogate any prisoner, I will make sure the woman's answers are verified with pain. There is no need to argue about her at the moment."
This calmed the Fortunae and he glanced at you and Nicole and then stepped away.
"Very well...forgive me Sodalis I meant no disrespect."
He muttered. Cecilia whimpered and stepped more behind you.
"I can not stop you interogating the woman Quesitor DeAngelo but she is my prisoner and I will want her back, alive."
Jeffry said sternly. Vittoria scoffed though.
"Ah you wish Master Morgan, you will get back what is left when I am done with her alive if you wish to execute her yourself."

He frowned at the man and as the Quesitor interjected only to make things worse, his frown deepened a bit. Cecelia hid behind him and Nicole, out of the way but there was little he could do against the higher ups for now that he had not already done.

Ty gave a snicker at your words though the Hermetic did not seam to get your point, he looked rather well of in his nice clothes, chances was he had never seen the shadow side of the police.
"I just want vengence for my Cabalmates."
He gumbeled.
"But I can step back and let the Quesitor get it for me instead."
He continued and Cecilia looked even more scared.

"I cannot see how beating up a defenseless, terrified hedge wizard would be any sort of vengeance for those you have lost, especially when there are still parts of this labyrinth that need attention. Your anger is better served directing it towards our remaining problems, sodalis, of which we must somehow overcome together." Even Nicole's pragmatic retorts hadn't diffused him, only the promise of later pain and suffering for Cecelia, though there was not time to argue about it at the moment.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:06 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

We'd gladly join our voices to your howls if you would have us. We'd like to honour them. Tane said before moving out

Not a nephandus makes it one of ours. Not either a technocrat and you make yourself an ally. Tane said, disgusted before turning to Amadeus Yeah, this guys will need a strong arm to help them. I agree, this gal was strong but, yeah, not so smart as she thinks.
I am lately finding a good way to make use of the mana. I burn the pieces, take the ashes and with a little fat i can make grey warpaint. Fire cleanses the corruption and i can have a strong aid in battle without any of the corrupted resonance. Aaaand is nice to have a little Tass. I can change it for magickal traps, as was the deal with the chantry, so i can protect better the node.
There have been things lurking around. I got a great deal of fera there, so nothing can get cute with it, but i haven't been able to turn it into a place of healing as was my first intention
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:56 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

We'd gladly join our voices to your howls if you would have us. We'd like to honour them. Tane said before moving out

"I think they would like that, you are welcome."
Dino said after a bit of consideration.

Not a nephandus makes it one of ours. Not either a technocrat and you make yourself an ally. Tane said, disgusted before turning to Amadeus

"The situation where different back then, there where no Technocrazy and not even a Nephandi though I guess there where infernalists, there where other wards for the Awakened do not speak of wards you know nothing about child."
Alphonse said sharply, Amadeus still gave him a stern look clearly not liking what he was saying.
"These old wars can be discussed when we hav won Master Dupre."
He commented curtly.

Yeah, this guys will need a strong arm to help them. I agree, this gal was strong but, yeah, not so smart as she thinks.

"Oh she is quite inteligent Mr Karyak she would not have the abilities she do, if she was not, it is never wise to underestimate your enemies."
Amadeus warned.

I am lately finding a good way to make use of the mana. I burn the pieces, take the ashes and with a little fat i can make grey warpaint. Fire cleanses the corruption and i can have a strong aid in battle without any of the corrupted resonance. Aaaand is nice to have a little Tass. I can change it for magickal traps, as was the deal with the chantry, so i can protect better the node.

"Well it is not a bad idea that should carry the energies across yes, however make sure you are careful of bringing things to your home or to Steelhaven which have arcane connections that the Nephandi can track, there will likely be those who come looking into what happened to this Labyrinth and you do not want to be in the way when that happens."
Amadeus warned.

There have been things lurking around. I got a great deal of fera there, so nothing can get cute with it, but i haven't been able to turn it into a place of healing as was my first intention

This made the old Verbena frown.
"Are you sure your shapechanger friends are safe in your home then, if there is something of unknown origin or intent luring around the walls?"
He asked sounding concerned as he begun to carve runes into the palm of his left hand, grimancing slightly from the pain and then making gestures over your wounds with his hand once done. You felt warmth and then a bit of stinging as the wounds knit themselves back together but in the end all that was left was a bit of soreness where there once had been pain.

(OOC: You can remove all of Tane's damage.)

"It is understandable to feel bad for them, it means you're still human."

Violet looked at you, then she nodded sadly to your words.

"Perhaps you are correct. With at least one of them in such a state, it does serve to slow them down and ensure they will not be fighting against us. That does not make me feel better about it, either - and I wished that I hadn't mangled the spell. But haste does sometimes take precedence. It is good to think through these things, perhaps if...such a thing ever must happen again, we can be better prepared with another solution."

"I hope to never have to take part in something like that again."
Violet said and sigh.
"But I guess you are right Sir there where no other choice but it is still sad...that we had to hurt them like that I feel bad for them and seeing what happened to them it makes me more afraid of ever being captured by one of the other factions, afraid of what they then will do to me if they are as brutal to prisoners as we where just now."
The teenager continued and she looked down at her hands and shivered.

He sighed. "I know how you feel. The way I'm dealing with it...is that for our friends and all the other unwitting sleepers, they get to have a normal Monday, even if we don't ever have another one for ourselves. Let us get through this, and leave this place...we can't let our sorrows or regrets stall us, later we can come to our own reckoning. And as I said, you can call me...if you wish."

"That...is a nice way to look at it actually Sir, and I guess it is ok that we will not have a normal Monday again if what we do can ensure that all the sleepers in the city can, that makes it worth it...perhaps that is the price of our magick to...have to do what we do to keep the rest safe."
Violet said and nodded.
"O...ok...I can continue my Mentor would have wanted me to continue...and I might take you up on that offer to talk Sir...thank you."
She muttered softly but there was more determination in her voice now but it was clear this was hard for her, she was just a teenager after all and it would have been hard for anyone.

He frowned at the man and as the Quesitor interjected only to make things worse, his frown deepened a bit. Cecelia hid behind him and Nicole, out of the way but there was little he could do against the higher ups for now that he had not already done.

"Let us not argue about the young woman's fate just yet Quesitor DeAngelo there are wrk yet to be done, then once this have been acomplished we can decide what is to be done with her."
Jeffry said darkly, while Cecilia where with the Nephandi had had more or less promised to get a good outcome for her or try, the Quesitor getting involved in that did not please him one bit.
"As you wish Master Morgan, we will discuss it after the fight...come to think of it I might have some use of the wench."
Vittoria spitefully agreed. Cecilia wimpered and looked at you with her eyes big with fear.

"I cannot see how beating up a defenseless, terrified hedge wizard would be any sort of vengeance for those you have lost, especially when there are still parts of this labyrinth that need attention. Your anger is better served directing it towards our remaining problems, sodalis, of which we must somehow overcome together." Even Nicole's pragmatic retorts hadn't diffused him, only the promise of later pain and suffering for Cecelia, though there was not time to argue about it at the moment.

The Fortunae shot a angry look at Cecilia but then his eyes softened somewhat.
"She is a hedge wizard and not Awakened? So with the Nephandi that makes her in effect a slave?"
He asked his anger diminished a bit and he sigh.
"I guess...that attacking her would be misplaced vengenced but someone have to pay I lost three Cabalmates and I could do nothing...nothing to help them they just...died before my eyes and we could not even bring their bodies...we had to burn them we would not leave them to rot in this foul place...they where good pepole Sodalis someone have to pay for their deaths!"
The very angry magus declared pain and rage in his eyes.

Colin nodded, "If it makes you feel better, I am less fond of modern rocketry. At least, being on the receiving end of it."
He gestured to his face, "Believe me, if the surgeons have to staple your face back together because half of it is lying on your shoulder, that's... something that will stay with you for a long time."

"That must have been absoutely horrible, I can not even imagine."
Brandon said his eyes widening a bit.
"Even so if I had to choose I would rather go through that than loose my Avatar you know. I mean she is always there...a part of my very soul...that is important, and my magick is important."

He nodded, "Of course. Call it a recommendation from someone who has met the man."

"I will deliver your recomendation when I go down to the basement to check on Kyle next and on one of the prisoners who are suffering from diabetes.."
Richard agreed with a sigh.
"And I will breathe easier when that man is no longer at the Chantry damn we have more Nephandi under the room at the moment than a small Labyrinth that is not a good thing."

"Quite, so let's not give them the satisfaction."

"Agreed."
The Cultist said firmly.
"They will regret taking what I own and what I love."

He frowned, "Bugger, I should have figured they'd have somesuch security in place... Did you get a sense of the magic powering the ward? Fallen? Static? Anything of the sort?"

"I did indeed, Static Resonated Qlipothic magick."
Dalisse said and frowned.
"I do believe these men are likely Technocrats but that is not all they are."

As you stand talking with Dalisse it was as if for a moment time froze around you and you coudl feel Mia in her simple gown standing beside you.
"Fate can be defeated Colin but it do not easilly change course and you stand at the crossroads."
She whisperd in your ear.
"Changing the way time flows is like wrangeling a litter of kittens into a cage, if you get one of them in another is likely to have already escaped, remember that. If you save your apprentice from the months on the Serum...you are likely to give that fate to another, you can think of a way to save the Cultist I am sure you can but if that is done in a way that will leave you with her collar or not...that is up to you...time is fighting the changes the future you are making and another kitten is about to leave the cage while you are struggeling to get another one in...and another river to let time flow as intended are being dug, she is a young woman...a mother who sold her soul to save her child...then she was experimented upon and tortured by the Fallen doctor...she was saved by your friends but forces are in play to give her a similar fate with the serum as your apprentice should have had if time had unfolded as it did in the future...she is the escaping kitten the new river being dug, but unlike your student she do not have a Mentor to stay by her side as she suffers, she is just a prisoner, perhaps one day a Custos...well my dear rebel you have done the impossible before perhaps you can dem a river and give it no new way to flow, but this is not easy...save the Cultist, save your apprentice, damn the young mother, let time flow as it did in the future and the child you saved will suffer. The choice is yours."
Then the pressence beside you where gone, and you where back to hearing Dalisse discussing the Resonance of the wards the kidnappers' car.

"Really?" Serge said giving Allison a surprised look. "Oh wait yeah I guess that makes sense. I've done a lot since coming here. Still cool to hear people are talking about me. And not in a negative way." he said with a shrug.

"You seam to be considered a kind and helpful young man, I just thought you would like to know that Sir."
Allison said politely.

"Wait that guy is in our basement? Damn....really?" he said in slight disbelief. After hearing all of the trouble he had cause Serge had half-expected them to execute Jace right then and their.

"Is that safe though? What if the serum wears off and we have a homunculus rampaging around the basement? Wasn't Jace a progenitor? One of those freaky mad scientist doctor guys that love to mess with living things? Finding ways to counteract stuff put into your body sounds like something they'd do." he said a little worried.

"I m concerned as well Sir but he is being kept under the serum, and then using a pair of magick supresent cuffs and several wards, but I have to admit that his pressence scare me, there are so many prisoners in the basement now. However my employer Master Steelhaven have chartered a ship to take them to Horizon it leaves later this afternoon though no one know exactly when for security reasons."
The hedge wizard said and frowned.
"We are just goign to have to hope that our superiors know what they are doing and that we are quite safe."
She said and she tried to add a reassuring smile but she did not quite get it right she was clearly nervous about the same things that you where.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 pm

"That must have been absoutely horrible, I can not even imagine."
Brandon said his eyes widening a bit.
"Even so if I had to choose I would rather go through that than loose my Avatar you know. I mean she is always there...a part of my very soul...that is important, and my magick is important."
Colin nodded, "Obviously, I was unable to stay conscious through the pain of it... but yes, physical pain remains preferable, even if the distinction is small..."

"I will deliver your recomendation when I go down to the basement to check on Kyle next and on one of the prisoners who are suffering from diabetes.."
Richard agreed with a sigh.
"And I will breathe easier when that man is no longer at the Chantry damn we have more Nephandi under the room at the moment than a small Labyrinth that is not a good thing."
He nodded, "Agreed, it will be good to have him out of our hair and into a warded cell on Horizon..."

"I did indeed, Static Resonated Qlipothic magick."
"I do believe these men are likely Technocrats but that is not all they are."
He frowned, "Technocrat Barabbi, like Jace, then... Bloody brilliant. Still, that does give me a few clearer options..."

As you stand talking with Dalisse it was as if for a moment time froze around you and you coudl feel Mia in her simple gown standing beside you.
"Fate can be defeated Colin but it do not easilly change course and you stand at the crossroads."
She whisperd in your ear.
"Changing the way time flows is like wrangeling a litter of kittens into a cage, if you get one of them in another is likely to have already escaped, remember that. If you save your apprentice from the months on the Serum...you are likely to give that fate to another, you can think of a way to save the Cultist I am sure you can but if that is done in a way that will leave you with her collar or not...that is up to you...time is fighting the changes the future you are making and another kitten is about to leave the cage while you are struggeling to get another one in...and another river to let time flow as intended are being dug, she is a young woman...a mother who sold her soul to save her child...then she was experimented upon and tortured by the Fallen doctor...she was saved by your friends but forces are in play to give her a similar fate with the serum as your apprentice should have had if time had unfolded as it did in the future...she is the escaping kitten the new river being dug, but unlike your student she do not have a Mentor to stay by her side as she suffers, she is just a prisoner, perhaps one day a Custos...well my dear rebel you have done the impossible before perhaps you can dem a river and give it no new way to flow, but this is not easy...save the Cultist, save your apprentice, damn the young mother, let time flow as it did in the future and the child you saved will suffer. The choice is yours."
Then the pressence beside you where gone, and you where back to hearing Dalisse discussing the Resonance of the wards the kidnappers' car.
He frowned at Mia, righteous anger beginning to rise, "There's always some hidden consequence, isn't there? However I work to ease someone's suffering, someone else has to get it instead? I cannot go back on my promises to Anna - to Louis' heir - I have to save the Cultist, and my apprentice... but in you, I inherited the best parts of Heylel Teomim, and so many others, Fallen or not... We have already done the impossible so many times over; the Cultist and Anna versus the mother is not a choice, it's a bloody arrangement of a to-do list. First, we get Heather to safety, and that should save Anna, so we can see what can be done for this young mother. There's always something..."
He paused for a moment, anger backpedalling for a moment as his mind puzzled things together, "The woman is Cava's mother, the one who carried Jace's clone, is she not? I'll have to work out a few possibilities, but first, we save Heather..."
He fished out his Prime monocle, muttering a quick "Magia Spectare!" and fixing it into place before extending his hand toward Dalisse again, "If I could have another look at the car; I might get a better view of those wards... Qlippothic magic can be undone by reintroducing possibility; that might be enough."

((OOC: So, casting the usual observational Rote - but while the other spell is active, I'd say it counts as Distracted, requiring a Willpower roll... 4,5,9,9,0 - well, that should certainly be enough. O.o Arete roll for the scan (base diff 5, since I haven't written down the Rote - will do so once we get to downtime): 5,6,9, and I toss in the extra success for good measure.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Colin nodded, "Obviously, I was unable to stay conscious through the pain of it... but yes, physical pain remains preferable, even if the distinction is small..."

"It soubds horrible, I have never been seriously injured...other than...the...the Caul."
Brandon said softly.
"But yeah physical pain is pereferable to spiritual one."

He nodded, "Agreed, it will be good to have him out of our hair and into a warded cell on Horizon..."

"Oh I agree to that, and better yet when he have been...dealt with...and executed."
Richard said solemnly.

He frowned, "Technocrat Barabbi, like Jace, then... Bloody brilliant. Still, that does give me a few clearer options..."

"Yes we needed some more of those...I have not seen these men before though."
"They are not assosiaed with this Labyrinth."

He frowned at Mia, righteous anger beginning to rise, "There's always some hidden consequence, isn't there? However I work to ease someone's suffering, someone else has to get it instead?

"I fear my dear host that often you will play the role of herald of pain and often there is a price, for everything."
Mia said sadly.

I cannot go back on my promises to Anna - to Louis' heir - I have to save the Cultist, and my apprentice... but in you, I inherited the best parts of Heylel Teomim, and so many others, Fallen or not... We have already done the impossible so many times over; the Cultist and Anna versus the mother is not a choice, it's a bloody arrangement of a to-do list. First, we get Heather to safety, and that should save Anna, so we can see what can be done for this young mother. There's always something..."

The Avatar simply nodded this was your choice to make not hers but she would support whatever choice you made.

He paused for a moment, anger backpedalling for a moment as his mind puzzled things together, "The woman is Cava's mother, the one who carried Jace's clone, is she not? I'll have to work out a few possibilities, but first, we save Heather..."

"This is information I can not give you, I can not directly affect the world only offer guidence."
Mia said solenly then she gave a mishievious and yet ladylike smile.
"Anything else would be cheating."

He fished out his Prime monocle, muttering a quick "Magia Spectare!" and fixing it into place before extending his hand toward Dalisse again, "If I could have another look at the car; I might get a better view of those wards... Qlippothic magic can be undone by reintroducing possibility; that might be enough."

Dalisse handed you the monocle and you looked through the threads of your other Rote, you saw a complex ward around the car, it was quite well done and intricate with the purpose of inweaving any magick used to teleport Heather or pull her into the Umbra.
"Can you figure it out Colin?"
Dalisse asked.

(OOC: Well there is a Node nearby so the diff is 4 so that is more than enough Colin have a very good grasp of that ward, what it do and how it is set up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:34 pm

"It soubds horrible, I have never been seriously injured...other than...the...the Caul."
Brandon said softly.
"But yeah physical pain is pereferable to spiritual one."
Colin nodded, "It was pretty bad... Fortunately, i got a good surgeon."

"Yes we needed some more of those...I have not seen these men before though."
"They are not assosiaed with this Labyrinth."
He nodded, "Probably some of Abigail's pawns, seeing as they're in Chicago."

"I fear my dear host that often you will play the role of herald of pain and often there is a price, for everything."
Mia said sadly.
He frowned, "Then let me be called Láthspell; I suppose the title fits. I can live with being known for showing up when suffering comes knocking, so long as I know I did what I could to diminish the pain..."

"This is information I can not give you, I can not directly affect the world only offer guidence."
Mia said solenly then she gave a mishievious and yet ladylike smile.
"Anything else would be cheating."
He grinned, "Of course. Cheating seems to be my job, not yours. That's something I can find out through other means, in any case..."

Dalisse handed you the monocle and you looked through the threads of your other Rote, you saw a complex ward around the car, it was quite well done and intricate with the purpose of inweaving any magick used to teleport Heather or pull her into the Umbra.
"Can you figure it out Colin?"
Dalisse asked.
He nodded, "It's well done, I'll give them that - the body of the car is warded to prevent anyone from transporting the woman away in any manner... It's clever, but there are always threads to pull at and possibilities to reintroduce..."
He flipped up his Chaos wand and helt it in his left hand, making sure the signet ring touched the wood, beginning to draw simple, then increasingly complex geometric shapes in the air to counter the Qlippothic destruction of potential; Dot, Line, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Septagon, and so on, charging the Reraveling up before releasing it all in a single burst to peel the ward away, "Restituet quaestum potentiale, protego nihil..."

((OOC: Node, right, that helps... So, E2P2 to start unraveling the Qlippothic ward, not sure whether it would be Vulgar or Coincidental, but it won't be apparent to Sleepers that something happens, so Diff 4 or 5. Willpower first for distraction: 5,6,6,7,8,0... that oughtta do it, alright. Arete rolls: 1,6,6 - 1,6,7 - 7,9,0 - 3,5,5. Stopping there; that'll have to be big enough...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Colin nodded, "It was pretty bad... Fortunately, i got a good surgeon."

"That is good, I am glad you are okey Colin even if you are a Traditionalist."
Brandon said and sigh.

He nodded, "Probably some of Abigail's pawns, seeing as they're in Chicago."

"That would seam likely yes, though with her Labyrinth gone I wonder why these would continue to follow her orders."

He frowned, "Then let me be called Láthspell; I suppose the title fits. I can live with being known for showing up when suffering comes knocking, so long as I know I did what I could to diminish the pain..."

"I am afraid it is a title we will have to carry my dear host, in this case we do not show up with the suffering through, we cause it but changing the flow of time, though perhaps...there will also be some way to help the young mother, perhaps."
Mia said softly.

He grinned, "Of course. Cheating seems to be my job, not yours. That's something I can find out through other means, in any case..."

"Indeed, all I can do is guide you cheating or not...then again my former host, they cheated to.."
Misa said sounding amused.
"Perhaps I have that effect on those that I am."

He nodded, "It's well done, I'll give them that - the body of the car is warded to prevent anyone from transporting the woman away in any manner... It's clever, but there are always threads to pull at and possibilities to reintroduce..."
He flipped up his Chaos wand and helt it in his left hand, making sure the signet ring touched the wood, beginning to draw simple, then increasingly complex geometric shapes in the air to counter the Qlippothic destruction of potential; Dot, Line, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Septagon, and so on, charging the Reraveling up before releasing it all in a single burst to peel the ward away, "Restituet quaestum potentiale, protego nihil..."

You worked the spell and you felt the ward weakening or rather it becoming, that the possibility that it did not exist where returning, but not fully, the thing was powerful and well made and you had an effect on it but not quite enough to take it down.
"Some asshole is tampering with the firewall."
The tall thin man said and frowned he flipped up his phone in the other hand than the one he was holding the gun in and he looked down at the screen and frowned.
"Is it that Virtual Adept from the bitch's Chantry or that fat guy at Morningstar?"
The black man asked but his skinny friend shook his head,
"Nah this do not seam to be Virtual Adept signals, it had more Deviancy than that...let me see if I can do something about it."
He said and he tapped at his phone.
"I found this nice program om Facebook let me test it out."
He said and he tapped a few times more, you just had time to see Dalisse get a alarmed look in her eyes and then your head hurt, allot, it felt like someone had smashed you over the head with the butt of a gun and you where just bearly awake, though somehow you felt that Dalisse took of the majority of the blow with the quick spell you heard her casting if you ahd gotten the full blow you think it might have killed you, you felt blood trickle out of your nose and felt rather like throwing up though others might not notice just how nausious you where.

(OOC: five bashing here you go, and be happy that Dalisse is a quick counterspeller and reduced some of the nice man's sucsesses. Also the Rote Colin cast where not Vulgar. It did piss of the Fallen Technomancer though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:20 pm

"That would seam likely yes, though with her Labyrinth gone I wonder why these would continue to follow her orders."
Colin glowered briefly, "Possibly the Italians, then - they seem to be implicated in a lot of this, and they could likely have called in a favour from some escapee... But it doesn't matter right now."

"I am afraid it is a title we will have to carry my dear host, in this case we do not show up with the suffering through, we cause it but changing the flow of time, though perhaps...there will also be some way to help the young mother, perhaps."
Mia said softly.
He frowned, "Cause it, or merely shift it to someone else? The distinction is... very important, however small it may seem. And there's always a way, I just have to find it."

"Indeed, all I can do is guide you cheating or not...then again my former host, they cheated to.."
Misa said sounding amused.
"Perhaps I have that effect on those that I am."
He grinned, "Or maybe you're just drawn to people with that particular knack or inclination..."

You worked the spell and you felt the ward weakening or rather it becoming, that the possibility that it did not exist where returning, but not fully, the thing was powerful and well made and you had an effect on it but not quite enough to take it down.
"Some asshole is tampering with the firewall."
The tall thin man said and frowned he flipped up his phone in the other hand than the one he was holding the gun in and he looked down at the screen and frowned.
"Is it that Virtual Adept from the bitch's Chantry or that fat guy at Morningstar?"
The black man asked but his skinny friend shook his head,
"Nah this do not seam to be Virtual Adept signals, it had more Deviancy than that...let me see if I can do something about it."
He said and he tapped at his phone.
"I found this nice program om Facebook let me test it out."
He said and he tapped a few times more, you just had time to see Dalisse get a alarmed look in her eyes and then your head hurt, allot, it felt like someone had smashed you over the head with the butt of a gun and you where just bearly awake, though somehow you felt that Dalisse took of the majority of the blow with the quick spell you heard her casting if you ahd gotten the full blow you think it might have killed you, you felt blood trickle out of your nose and felt rather like throwing up though others might not notice just how nausious you where.
He let out a loud cough as he felt the impact, then brought up a handkerchief to his nose, catching the blood flow before it ruined too much of his shirt, "Son of a bitch... that hurt. Thank you, Milady, for catching that in time. I was hoping to settle this peacefully, but it seems they will not cooperate with that. So be it..."
He groaned as the pain still rattled around in his skull, squinting through the monocles to make sure the connection was still intact before pocketing the wand again and drawing the pistol, "The ward prevents us from bringing Heather out... but that's all it seems to do... Let's see if I still can reach the car..."

((OOC: Well, fucking ow. Razz Someone remind Colin to drop off a nice bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates next time he's flying through the Umbra. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Anja's Post:

'Folk are capable of amazing things when their back is to the wall.' Nicole replied thoughtfully, giving a slow nod.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, you are expected to do that.' the large woman replied. 'Just like folk who have seen shit in war are expected to just come back and be all normal. The way to deal?... fuck knows. You do what works for you. But right now - turn off your brain. Thinking about shit like that is for later, when we're all back at base.'

Anja's Post:

'Wailing on someone who can't fight back? Sure, it feels good at the time, but you feel like shit afterwards.'
Nicole replied, giving a rather knowing nod. 'Well, you might not... but that's a more serious problem within you.'

Anja's Post:

'Y'know what you can do?' she continued, moving a step towards the Hermetic, dropping her voice a little and with an underscore of a snarl. 'You learn from this. Work out how you can get better so the next time you're in the shit you know how to save them.' After staring at him for a moment, the woman continued.

'Now, we done now? Just that the job ain't finished yet and it'll be a fucking good move if we can be away from here before the Mirrorshades turn up to wipe everybody out.'

[Intimidation roll?]

[Dust to Dust is where Gary's gone properly down the pan, all the other Kindred have left, and Modius is a total out-of-date has-been. Didn't like the story itself much, but liked the setting]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Colin glowered briefly, "Possibly the Italians, then - they seem to be implicated in a lot of this, and they could likely have called in a favour from some escapee... But it doesn't matter right now."

"The Italians have no prower among the Fallen, they are just pawns, it is very unlikely someone would act on their order but you are right getting the young lady to safety is what is important now not the who and why of it. That can wait for later."
Dalisse said in agreement.

He frowned, "Cause it, or merely shift it to someone else? The distinction is... very important, however small it may seem. And there's always a way, I just have to find it."

"You shift the child's fate to someone else, and that is one way to cause the suffering my dear host, though you did not create it in the first place, without your actions the young mother would not end up down this path as time would not need a new path to flow down. You might save your apprentice but that woman will be paying the price."
Mia said solemnly.

He grinned, "Or maybe you're just drawn to people with that particular knack or inclination..."

"So it might be indeed one might allmost think I was looking for a suitable host before incarnating."
The shard cluster said sounding amused.

He let out a loud cough as he felt the impact, then brought up a handkerchief to his nose, catching the blood flow before it ruined too much of his shirt, "Son of a bitch... that hurt. Thank you, Milady, for catching that in time. I was hoping to settle this peacefully, but it seems they will not cooperate with that. So be it..."

Dalisse gave you a concerned look.
"Are you injured, I lessened their spell as much as I could when I saw it coming but there was only so much I could do."
She asked.
"No it do not seam like they want to back down...what do you need me to do?"
She asked as Brandon got to his feet.
"What on earth happened?"
He asked as Harmony asked just about the same thing over the phone with some alarm in her voice.

He groaned as the pain still rattled around in his skull, squinting through the monocles to make sure the connection was still intact before pocketing the wand again and drawing the pistol, "The ward prevents us from bringing Heather out... but that's all it seems to do... Let's see if I still can reach the car..."

You still had the connection.
"Did you get him."
The black man asked and she slender friend replied.
"No shit...stupid phone I know I should have gone with a Samsung...but he is still looking at us I am getting him up in my feed there, ugly bastard to, here let me try that program again."
The thin man as he started tapping away at his not Samsung phone to try again to do unhealthy things with your head.

Brandon flinched when you draw your gun and Dalisse muttered.
"Crude, but effective, watch out one of them are casting something again.

'Folk are capable of amazing things when their back is to the wall.' Nicole replied thoughtfully, giving a slow nod.

"That is true Ma'am. Shit...I do not know if I should cheer for them to get away because I feel bad for them or hope they get taken down since they after all are Nephandi."
Violet said sounding a bit frustrated then she apologized.
"Ah ehm...forgive me for swearing Ma'am."

'Yeah, you are expected to do that.' the large woman replied. 'Just like folk who have seen shit in war are expected to just come back and be all normal. The way to deal?... fuck knows. You do what works for you. But right now - turn off your brain. Thinking about shit like that is for later, when we're all back at base.'

"Yeah...it...sucks."
The young Verbena said then she sigh and took a deep breath, shuddering a bit.
"You are right Ma'am, we need to see this though, I can still be of use if someone is wounded...I need to focus on that and nothing else until we are home and then I can fall apart."
She agreed with just a hint of a smile to you.

'Wailing on someone who can't fight back? Sure, it feels good at the time, but you feel like shit afterwards.' Nicole replied, giving a rather knowing nod. 'Well, you might not... but that's a more serious problem within you.'

The Hermetic looked at you then he ran a hand through his messy hair and sigh.
"I...guess you are right Miss...but she is a Nephandus and...fuck...you are right, you are right I know but I am just...fuck!"
He said clearly still to angry to really do much thinking past wanting to let those responsible pay for the deaths of his Cabalmates.

'Y'know what you can do?' she continued, moving a step towards the Hermetic, dropping her voice a little and with an underscore of a snarl. 'You learn from this. Work out how you can get better so the next time you're in the shit you know how to save them.' After staring at him for a moment, the woman continued.

'Now, we done now? Just that the job ain't finished yet and it'll be a fucking good move if we can be away from here before the Mirrorshades turn up to wipe everybody out.'

The Fortunae looked like he could not decide if he wanted to punch you in the face, or agree with you or both and he kept clenching and uncleanching his fists, his breaths quick and a bit raspy then he finally let his arms fall down to his sides.
"You are right...fuck...fine yes let us finish the job and get out of here...for now at least but someone still have to pay my Cabalmates can not just be dead, they just can't!"
He said pitifully.

(OOC: I liked Dust to Dust better, it is actually a pretty good intro story to get players into the game. It is a bit fun the old Sullivan Dane is still hunting in Ashes to Ashes not many vampire hunters last 20 years plus on the job, then again his True Faith rating is insane.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh at her apology, but said nothing.

Anja's Post:

'Job in hand, and just that.' Nicole replied, ending with a glance and nod which implied that perhaps she'd be open to talk further on this later. That is if the teenager wanted an explanation which was lighter on the psycho-babble and philosophical navel-gazing.

Anja's Post:

Nicole stared him down, with a "don't try me" look on her face. When he apparently caved, she gave a nod. 'Let's move on.'

[Dane might have survived because it is Gary - lack of Kindred to actually respond. If he'd tried that in Chicago itself he'd have half the Kindred there ripping him to shreds within a couple of months, True Faith or no. And that book has given me an idea for a VtM character concept I may use one day...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:39 pm

"You seam to be considered a kind and helpful young man, I just thought you would like to know that Sir."
Allison said politely.

"Yeah, I do like knowing that." Serge said with a smile remembering how he was denied applause in his seeking. This was as close to applause as he was going to get but Serge was willing to accept it.

"I m concerned as well Sir but he is being kept under the serum, and then using a pair of magick supresent cuffs and several wards, but I have to admit that his pressence scare me, there are so many prisoners in the basement now. However my employer Master Steelhaven have chartered a ship to take them to Horizon it leaves later this afternoon though no one know exactly when for security reasons."
The hedge wizard said and frowned.
"We are just goign to have to hope that our superiors know what they are doing and that we are quite safe."
She said and she tried to add a reassuring smile but she did not quite get it right she was clearly nervous about the same things that you where.

"It make sense to assume that the higher ups know what their doing." Serge said sheepishly, realizing that he was doubting the efforts of people who had likely had far more experience in imprisoning mages than he did. "Their's probably nothing to worry about. I guess it's just my nerves talking. he added, this time reassuring Allison noticing that she was just as nervous as him about the whole thing.

He then sighed and said, "I shouldn't be taking up to much of your time. You probably have a lot of work to be doing. Thanks for letting me know about my mentor and what's going on around here. Is their anything else that I should know about?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:01 pm

'Job in hand, and just that.' Nicole replied, ending with a glance and nod which implied that perhaps she'd be open to talk further on this later. That is if the teenager wanted an explanation which was lighter on the psycho-babble and philosophical navel-gazing.

Violet glanced at you when you gave a chuckle at her apology then she nodded when you told her to focus just on the job in hand.
"Yes Ma'am."
She said and she gave you another soft smile.
"I will try to do that."

Nicole stared him down, with a "don't try me" look on her face. When he apparently caved, she gave a nod. 'Let's move on.'

The Hermetic gave a sad nod.
"Yeah...as soon as we get the doors open..."
Seeing that there where to many pepole gathered here with tensions running high and nothing being done one of the magi you had seen at Steelhaven, Ryan you think the others had called him, a tall man with shaggy, brown hair, a worn tunic and jeans and allot of silver rings on his fingers spoke up.
"Ok guys, let us let the reserchers figure out how the deal with that ward while some of us try to find our way towards the calls to free the prisoners we have been told are there, we can not leave anyone in a Labyrinth."
The Cultist said and Jeffry Nodded.
"Yes that is a good idea Mr Darehill I will be taking a group towards a lab that are supposed to be around here for the same purpose, freeing prisoners. Let us not all hang around here pepole."
He said then he went to explain to several other Hermetics how the blood in the vials in his pocket might be used for the ward.

(OOC: I don't know Dane is a damn good hunter and he is not just working out of Gary he is mentioned in other books as well and 8 points of True Faith seriously that makes him really, really hard to kill as miracles tend to keep him alive. I am glad they toned that down a little bit in Ashes to Ashes.)

"Yeah, I do like knowing that." Serge said with a smile remembering how he was denied applause in his seeking. This was as close to applause as he was going to get but Serge was willing to accept it.

Allison just gave you a smile at that but she said nothing further on the matter.

"It make sense to assume that the higher ups know what their doing." Serge said sheepishly, realizing that he was doubting the efforts of people who had likely had far more experience in imprisoning mages than he did. "Their's probably nothing to worry about. I guess it's just my nerves talking. he added, this time reassuring Allison noticing that she was just as nervous as him about the whole thing.

"Yes ehm...off course they know what they are doing."
The hedge wizard said a bit nervously.
"And soon the captured Nephandi will be out of our hair, we just have to keep them prisoner for a few more hours and then they will be sent to Horizon where the Security Council themselves will deal with them."
She said to reassure both you and herself.

He then sighed and said, "I shouldn't be taking up to much of your time. You probably have a lot of work to be doing. Thanks for letting me know about my mentor and what's going on around here. Is their anything else that I should know about?"

"No that should be it, and off course Dr Wong said I should speak with you that you where probably eager to hear news about your Mentor, ah yes he also said to say that she is sleeping right now and needs her rest but once she wakes up you are free to say hello to her if you wish."
Allison said then she smiled a little.
"Yes I should get back to the infirmary and help out, there are to many wounded and to few to care for them, well if you excuse me then Mr Yager."
She said politely and bowed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:18 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30]
"The Italians have no prower among the Fallen, they are just pawns, it is very unlikely someone would act on their order but you are right getting the young lady to safety is what is important now not the who and why of it. That can wait for later."
Dalisse said in agreement.
Colin shrugged, "No formal power, perhaps, but their position does likely allow them some negotiation leverage."

"You shift the child's fate to someone else, and that is one way to cause the suffering my dear host, though you did not create it in the first place, without your actions the young mother would not end up down this path as time would not need a new path to flow down. You might save your apprentice but that woman will be paying the price."
Mia said solemnly.
He nodded, "So be it, then, and to me falls the task of reducing the price she pays... There's no way I can simply dismiss that as unfortunate collateral damage while she yet lives, after all."

"So it might be indeed one might allmost think I was looking for a suitable host before incarnating."
The shard cluster said sounding amused.
He grinned, "And here I thought you picked me just for my good looks."

Dalisse gave you a concerned look.
"Are you injured, I lessened their spell as much as I could when I saw it coming but there was only so much I could do."
She asked.
"No it do not seam like they want to back down...what do you need me to do?"
She asked as Brandon got to his feet.
"What on earth happened?"
He asked as Harmony asked just about the same thing over the phone with some alarm in her voice.
He grimaced, switching the phone to speaker mode, "I'm alright... well, not entirely; there was a bit of the counterattack that got through - the bastard tried to pull a Scanners on me. If not for a lady of nobility and grace here, my head would probably have exploded. It left me with a bit of a headache; nothing a good cup of tea and a bit of rest will help mend, I think. Fair warning, things might get a little louder now."

You still had the connection.
"Did you get him."
The black man asked and she slender friend replied.
"No shit...stupid phone I know I should have gone with a Samsung...but he is still looking at us I am getting him up in my feed there, ugly bastard to, here let me try that program again."
The thin man as he started tapping away at his not Samsung phone to try again to do unhealthy things with your head.

Brandon flinched when you draw your gun and Dalisse muttered.
"Crude, but effective, watch out one of them are casting something again.
He sneered a little as he raised the Parma again, and looking at the man through the monocle, opened a small portal from the muzzle of the pistol to half an inch up underneath the thinner man's chin, and pulled the trigger, "Spatia nihil."

((OOC: Willpower roll: 5,5,6,7,9,0 - Colin's stubborn, it seems. Razz Arete roll: 3,5,6. That should be two successes(?), I hope that's enough - assuming it works, the Dex+Firearms-2 roll comes to 3,6 - leaving a damage roll of 4,9,9,0, and the sand bullet's side effect... Colin's firearms skill REALLY doesn't like the Fallen. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next