Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 12 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:52 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, Monday September 28th]

He nodded, "I understood; you don't want to join if the cost is your uniqueness and independence... and please, be careful."

"That would be correct and thank you Mr Wainwright, we will be careful, all of us."
Captain Welder agreed.

He frowned, then nodded, placing a hand lightly on Anna's shoulder, "Mind your excitement, Sweetie, it's not good for your heart rate... I heard."
He looked up at Captain Welder, "I know what happened to her, yes... you just gave me her name; that gives me something more to work with. Damaris was... captured by a Nephandus in Chicago, a Prelatus of a Labyrinth there. He... tortured her to death, and tricked Anna... Anthea into the Caul. Anthea became the treasured apprentice of Gabriel, and then, this past weekend, Gabriel died in battle, I... crossed paths with Anna here for the first time in my timeline, then a little later, I was projected into the past to meet her for the first time in her timeline, and I made a promise to protect her from the worst, and I was asked to try to save her mother... Some day, I may be able to do that without disrupting the timeline too much - but it will require a perfect copy of Damaris, and with her name... that suddenly became a lot more viable."

"Yes...yes I know dad but Captain Welder knew my mother."
Anna said and she stopped jumping up an down but that was about as much as she managed to curb her entusiasm. Captain Welder smiled a little at the girl then she turned serious as you told her what had happened to Demaris.
"Hum that is horrible."
She said and Anna looked down.
"Yeah Gabriel did...horrible things and I had to watch."
She muttered and Captain Welder looked a ittle shocked.
"That is...dreadful...I hope you are able to save Damaris in the past then Mr Wainwright and I am sorry that all I am able to do to help is offer you her name...as for the girl if she is Fallen will she be...I know what the Traditions do to...ehm..."
She asked and she gave Anna a concerned look.

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

Colin smiled, "Thank you. Anna's restraining collar is merely a loan; I shall need to have a duplicate made as soon as possible, so the rightful owner gets theirs back. It's a precious item, far beyond its magical or monetary value..."

"I will let Nico know that you need their their services or the services of someone in their House."
Bruce said then he asked.
"How is Anna doing? I know the kid is wounded, is she adjusting to life among the Traditions?"

He nodded, then pondered, "You might be able to help with some of the paraphernalia I might need - I've yet to finish studying the ritual, though, so i don't know yet. I'll let you know."

"Let me know what you need and I will see what I can do."
The large Orphan agreed.

He smiled wryly, "Back then, I suppose everyone with a bit of power were kind of bullies... The Order of Hermes were just a little better organized."

"Yeah you are probably right Colin."
Bruce said and he scratched his head.

He grinned, "Let me know if you need any recommendations for new materials to read."

"Yeah, I might have to take you up on that Colin, I am running low on reading materials."
Your Cabalmate agreed and he smiled.

He nodded, "No head injury is ever good."

"Well it is not exactly on my to do list."
Bruce said and frowned.

He nodded, "He will... perhaps we can save her soul, even her life, though..."

"It is not going to be easy."
Bruce said and sigh.
"I guess all we can do is try."

He smiled thinly, "It's a working analogy, not a perfect one."

The Orphan grunted at that and shrugged.

He nodded, "I suppose those could work, too... But, when it comes down to it, we're discussing a fictional character."

"We are and think about that for a second we are discussing a fictional character without having Nephandi to up under the ears and crazy Quesitors knocking our doors down. We actually have time to discuss a fictional character which is a luxury after last week."
Bruce said and grinned.

He paused, "He was a Norwegian Mage, whom the First Cabal sought out. That turned out to be when Akrites Salonikas had his prophetic visions, and there was an... accident; Tormod of Kirkenes was killed by an accidental temporal storm from the Seer. It's... rather vividly described; a very unpleasant way to go."

"I take it this is described in the Fragile Path then as mentioned earlier."
Bruce asked.
"No death by temporal storm do not sound like a good way to go, try to avoid making any of those at the Chantry Colin."

He nodded, "The standard HIT-Mark has had its brain wiped of all personality, it seems... Theres' a Deaconess in Chicago, though; she escaped the wiping process... she's a fleshless HIT-Mark, not as well regarded as she deserves. She's a noble lady and a good leader for the outcasts who have come to her Chantry."

"Yeah that would be about right they wipe their minds, make them into tools."
Bruce said and frowned then he raised an eyebrow.
"An escaped HIT-Mark, now that is interesting, you have made some unusual friends during your visit to Chicago Colin."

He nodded, "I quite favour the European systems of a hereditary monarch and an elected government - gives the stability of the Monarchy while ensuring the liberties and influences of Democracy."

"Nah I can't agree with you there to give any power to someone just because of who their daddy is seams wrong to me, I would rather have a president who are elected."
Bruce said and he shook his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 12 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:26 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Taught at school, or later?'

Serge's Post:

'Something you do need to think of. We don't have the luxury of the safety net. Though that's a partial lie anyways.' ending with a shrug.

Serge's Post:

'Ha ha. Simply pointing out the ruling class sometimes lose. Usually when they get so arrogant they think they'll win whatever happens...' tone and poise making it clear she was the sort who'd help this happen - and more than simply signing petitions.

Serge's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, only giving a raised eyebrow to the coin. 'You ever thought of going into hustling? You've got the face for it.'

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Hate being a passenger, me. Plus, that model Civic's a bit a squeeze for a trip of this distance.' Nicole replied, running her gloved hand through her hair. 'And the Vic is made for cruising.' nodding towards the beige monstrosity. From here, Adley can see a fair amount of items on the back seats.

'Or we can take the Subaru. Just finished fixing it up. Could do with a shakedown run before I present it to the Chief, actually.' gesturing over to the shiny, dark-silver station wagon on the other side of the garage.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Many jobs are already pointless - pulled a few myself.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug. 'We're about to hit the wall called the "inherent contradiction of capitalism"... producing goods the workers - or should I say "ex-workers"? - can't afford and capitalists can't consume. And boy, it's gonna be one hell of a crash.' the large woman seeming somewhat pleased with this prospect.

Colin's Post:

'Ah, I'll take a look online and shit. Might be able to pick up another to cannibalise or something. We can talk about the bill afters.' clearly considering this a minor point.

[Time to wind down this scene so we can start the junkyard one?]

[Couple of points in PM timestamped 11.09.18 10 need answering, Great One. But no hurry on that; just an FYI]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 pm

[Colin, Bruce and Nicole] (Abandoned junkyard)

Jefferson's Car Disposal had once been a active place where scrapped cars where disposed of after whatever could be of possible use had been retrieved, Jefferson had gone bankrupt years ago though and the machines on his junkyard stopped working, people still dumped cars here though and some of the homeless population of Boston used the abandoned cars for shelter, other than them though and someone driving an old car they did not want to pay to have scrapped into the old junkyard and dump it, few visited this run down place anymore.

Nicole and Colin you arrived at a little after four in the evening. Bruce had said he would meet you there when he gave you directions to the junkyard. You saw two little girls playing with cheap dolls outside a worn out old trailer that their mother had made a sort of home in, it was clear she was trying her best to give the children a normal childhood despite how little money she had, a old, drunk man sat sleeping in an rusty volvo and a little further of a pack of teenagers sat talking on and around a mountain of old tires, and everywhere there where old, scrapped cars in varying degrees of decay, a staggering amount of wrecks. None of the residents showed much heed towards the two mages, Nicole and Colin where clearly not police so they where not to worried.

From one corner of the junkyard you heard a even banging on metal, then silence for a few moments as the work was inspected and more banging, Bruce where clearly fast at work at his forge.

(OOC: I have replied sorry for it taking some time Nicole.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Adley wrote:"You'll need a microphone."
Anja wrote:Bruce chuckled at that.
"Just make sure you sing."
He commented.
Anja wrote:"One with a hidden marker pen inside of it."
Bruce sai and grinned.
Colin wrote:He just arched an eyebrow and quietly googled 'Jigglypuff' before putting his phone back down with a half-smile.

Serge smiled and chuckled as well, glad that the reference was understood amongst 2 out of the three mages.

Anja wrote:"Now that is some dedication right there."
Bruce said sounding amused.
Adley wrote:He chuckled a little. "Perhaps someday, there are uses for them. But I've been considering some rotes that use sound instead...auram magick."

"I've been trying to create illusions that affect only your sense of sound as well. Hearing voices all around you and police sirens. Friends and allies screaming in the background while simultaneously increasing your sense of fear. Any particular aspect of sound that you want to use?" Serge wondered.

Anja wrote:"That would get you Paradox metal do not just heat up for no reason."
Bruce said and shook his head.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I would actually recommend freezing the metal rather than heating it up. Just as unpleasant to hold barehanded, the barrel contracts so the bullet can't get out, and there's no risk of accidentally heating the catridges to the gunpowder's ignition point."

"Wouldn't you want to heat up a the bullets gunpowder cartridge? Causing a bullet to explode within the gun can cause major damage to the gun."

Anja wrote:"Did not just say you where hospitalized due to dehydration?"
Bruce asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"Then again taking into account my history with car batteries as a kid perhaps I should not lecture to much."
He said and grinned.

"That happened once! And never again." Serge lied. It had a few times before he awakened and after he awakened until his Mentor had hammered home the concept of taking care of yourself.

Anja wrote:"I still say he would be a Etherite."
Bruce protested.
"But I guess the idea of it being a Paradox flaw works as well."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I suppose those could work, too... But, when it comes down to it, we're discussing a fictional character."
Anja wrote:"We are and think about that for a second we are discussing a fictional character without having Nephandi to up under the ears and crazy Quesitors knocking our doors down. We actually have time to discuss a fictional character which is a luxury after last week."
Bruce said and grinned.

"Which I've enjoyed greatly. Both the luxury and the actual discussion. You can't discuss characters on the internet without it turning into a flame war." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Cheating it is then kid, I guess you better find someone who can teach you to manipulate your own body then."
Bruce said and nodded.

"I have a lot of magickal disciplines on my wishlist." Serge said with a sigh.

Adley wrote:"Damn...that's going to be stuck in my head."
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Works every time... but here's something that makes it a little creepier: everyone knows the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody, but think back... do you recall ever learning the song?"

"I do not." Serge said with a smile. "Probably picked it up from an ad that played it in the backgrounds but I couldn't tell you which or if that was even the case."

Anja wrote:"They have minds Mr Yager it is just that those minds are heavily controlled, but there is a human brain in there."
The Orphan said and frowned.
"Poor creatures."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "The standard HIT-Mark has had its brain wiped of all personality, it seems... Theres' a Deaconess in Chicago, though; she escaped the wiping process... she's a fleshless HIT-Mark, not as well regarded as she deserves. She's a noble lady and a good leader for the outcasts who have come to her Chantry."
Colin wrote:"Yeah that would be about right they wipe their minds, make them into tools."
"An escaped HIT-Mark, now that is interesting, you have made some unusual friends during your visit to Chicago Colin."

"I...did not know that. That just sounds terrible." Serge said with a frown. "And a flesh-less escaped HIT-Mark. Damn.....Hopefully the outcasts who go to her treat her with the respect she deserves."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Taught at school, or later?'

"Later. On why it has to be this way." Serge replied.

Nicole wrote:'Something you do need to think of. We don't have the luxury of the safety net. Though that's a partial lie anyways.' ending with a shrug.

"It would be strange for me to be in that situation in the first place. If you want a real answer though I guess the guy who picked on me would probably have a change of heart half-way through challenging me. Either through guilt or fear or apathy."

Nicole wrote:'Ha ha. Simply pointing out the ruling class sometimes lose. Usually when they get so arrogant they think they'll win whatever happens...' tone and poise making it clear she was the sort who'd help this happen - and more than simply signing petitions.

Serge tilted his head as if trying to remember something before saying, "Your right and I remember learning about a couple of those. Can't seem to recall any though. Would America beating the British count as defeating the ruling class?"

Nicole wrote:Nicole was silent to this, only giving a raised eyebrow to the coin. 'You ever thought of going into hustling? You've got the face for it.'

"I don't think having an extremely punchable face is good for hustling." Serge said with a wry grin. "Don't think I've got the morals for hustling either. It'd be fun tricking people the first few times and then I'd just feel bad and return their money."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:45 pm

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"I've been trying to create illusions that affect only your sense of sound as well. Hearing voices all around you and police sirens. Friends and allies screaming in the background while simultaneously increasing your sense of fear. Any particular aspect of sound that you want to use?" Serge wondered.

"Having the illusion of police sirens or a posse coming to have your back, that could be really useful in order to get your opponent to turn tail and run, and perhaps letting us avoid a confrontation."
Bruce said and nodded.

"Wouldn't you want to heat up a the bullets gunpowder cartridge? Causing a bullet to explode within the gun can cause major damage to the gun."

"You would not want an uncontrolled explosion on a battlefield Mr Yager, shrapnel might hit you or your friends."
Bruce said and she shook his head.

"That happened once! And never again." Serge lied. It had a few times before he awakened and after he awakened until his Mentor had hammered home the concept of taking care of yourself.

"You said a few times Mr Yager."
Bruce said then he sigh.
"Well no matter none of us are here to baby you though I do hope that you choose to take care of yourself."

"Which I've enjoyed greatly. Both the luxury and the actual discussion. You can't discuss characters on the internet without it turning into a flame war." Serge said with a smile.

"Yeah internet discussions often end up being rather....heated."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Well regardless I have enjoyed the discussion."

"I have a lot of magickal disciplines on my wishlist." Serge said with a sigh.

"Ah the wishlist that always ever get longer."
The Orphan said and grinned.

"I...did not know that. That just sounds terrible." Serge said with a frown. "And a flesh-less escaped HIT-Mark. Damn.....Hopefully the outcasts who go to her treat her with the respect she deserves."

"Yeah they say they often make HIT-Marks out out prisoners, another good reason not to get taken alive by the Technocracy, and yeah sound like the lady Colin told us about are not getting the respect she needs."
Bruce said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:04 pm

[Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015]

He nodded, "Very much of the essence. The Quaesitor who retrieved the prisoners agreed to put the poor young woman at the bottom of the docket - but that's only an administrative shuffle, and not an indefinite delay."
Bruce nodded at that and he frowned.
"Adeptus Riez will take it hard if...that...happens to Cadence Clearwater."
He grumbled.

Adley frowned. He didn't have much to say about the situation, other than it was none too good and it didn't look good for Cadence. She had gone and become a full Nephandus, after all, in this lifetime.

He nodded, then pondered, "You might be able to help with some of the paraphernalia I might need - I've yet to finish studying the ritual, though, so i don't know yet. I'll let you know."

"I want to study it as well, obviously I'm checking on some leads of my own for things but yes, do let me know."

"It was another time then."
Bruce agreed and sigh.
"But hell back in the day your Tradition where kind of bullies."
He smiled wryly, "Back then, I suppose everyone with a bit of power were kind of bullies... The Order of Hermes were just a little better organized."

"Survive or die, and the Order did not wish to die."

"You would not want an uncontrolled explosion on a battlefield Mr Yager, shrapnel might hit you or your friends."

"You certainly can try to get the gun to misfire, if they're out of range of allies it might be worth the risk but yes there's a chance of a friendly fire situation at times."

He grinned, "Works every time... but here's something that makes it a little creepier: everyone knows the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody, but think back... do you recall ever learning the song?"
"I do not." Serge said with a smile. "Probably picked it up from an ad that played it in the backgrounds but I couldn't tell you which or if that was even the case."

"Er...no?"

[quote]
He pondered, "Hum, perhaps Tormod of Kirkenes was part of the Craft that would become the Hagalaz."
"Who is this Tormod of Kirkenes?"
The large Orphan asked.
He paused, "He was a Norwegian Mage, whom the First Cabal sought out. That turned out to be when Akrites Salonikas had his prophetic visions, and there was an... accident; Tormod of Kirkenes was killed by an accidental temporal storm from the Seer. It's... rather vividly described; a very unpleasant way to go."
"I take it this is described in the Fragile Path then as mentioned earlier."
Bruce asked.
"No death by temporal storm do not sound like a good way to go, try to avoid making any of those at the Chantry Colin."

"Hm..." he frowned. Maybe it was time to read that story.

He nodded, "The standard HIT-Mark has had its brain wiped of all personality, it seems... Theres' a Deaconess in Chicago, though; she escaped the wiping process... she's a fleshless HIT-Mark, not as well regarded as she deserves. She's a noble lady and a good leader for the outcasts who have come to her Chantry."
"Yeah they say they often make HIT-Marks out out prisoners, another good reason not to get taken alive by the Technocracy, and yeah sound like the lady Colin told us about are not getting the respect she needs."

"That's true, she faces troubles due to her current state, unfortunately."

He smiled, "But perhaps you are right; the ruler is perhaps a little old-fashioned for your work."
"Old fashioned?" He held up the wax tablet with a raised eyebrow. "But, I'm not the cabal ruler, and I can't not make that pun in my mind."

[Adley & Nicole go to Whitecastle Beef Barn]
[~2:00pm ish?, Saturday, Oct 11]

'Hate being a passenger, me. Plus, that model Civic's a bit a squeeze for a trip of this distance.' Nicole replied, running her gloved hand through her hair. 'And the Vic is made for cruising.' nodding towards the beige monstrosity. From here, Adley can see a fair amount of items on the back seats.

He raised an eyebrow and peered into her car a bit. Cigarette butts everywhere was going to be a huge turn off if he saw them.

'Or we can take the Subaru. Just finished fixing it up. Could do with a shakedown run before I present it to the Chief, actually.' gesturing over to the shiny, dark-silver station wagon on the other side of the garage.

He turned to take a look at the Subaru. "Yeah, let's use that one."

//Adley's car's a Toyota Camry, I just mentioned Civic's since they are the #1 stolen/broken into car in most cities

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:41 pm

"Survive or die, and the Order did not wish to die."

"That is fair enough I guess it was a brutal time."
Bruce said and nodded.

"You certainly can try to get the gun to misfire, if they're out of range of allies it might be worth the risk but yes there's a chance of a friendly fire situation at times."

"Hum...I would think it would be easier to make a gun misfire by manipulating chance than heat, it have allot of moving parts, there is always a chance that there are some dust in the wrong place and the thing will misfire and none will be the wiser that magick was used unless they where scanning for it."
Bruce suggested.

"That's true, she faces troubles due to her current state, unfortunately."

"It still kind of suck, it is not her the Union decided to fuck her life over."
Bruce grumbled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Anja wrote:"Having the illusion of police sirens or a posse coming to have your back, that could be really useful in order to get your opponent to turn tail and run, and perhaps letting us avoid a confrontation."
Bruce said and nodded.

"That was the idea yeah. My other sketchbooks has a couple of police car drawings in it just for just that reason." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"You would not want an uncontrolled explosion on a battlefield Mr Yager, shrapnel might hit you or your friends."

"Right, shrapnel's a thing." Serge said with a frown. "Oh well, it was an interesting idea. Guess freezing it is cool as well. Or just making them think it exploded..."

Adley wrote:"You certainly can try to get the gun to misfire, if they're out of range of allies it might be worth the risk but yes there's a chance of a friendly fire situation at times."
Anja wrote:"Hum...I would think it would be easier to make a gun misfire by manipulating chance than heat, it have allot of moving parts, there is always a chance that there are some dust in the wrong place and the thing will misfire and none will be the wiser that magick was used unless they where scanning for it."
Bruce suggested.

"Screwing around with luck and chance. Another thing on the wishlist." Serge said with a grin giving a small glance at his palm. "Guess that's more in Mr. Wainwright's territory though."

Anja wrote:"You said a few times Mr Yager."
Bruce said then he sigh.
"Well no matter none of us are here to baby you though I do hope that you choose to take care of yourself."

"Don't worry I will." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"Ah the wishlist that always ever get longer."

"Anything cool on your wishlist?" Serge asked curiously.

Anja wrote:"Yeah they say they often make HIT-Marks out out prisoners, another good reason not to get taken alive by the Technocracy, and yeah sound like the lady Colin told us about are not getting the respect she needs."
Bruce said and frowned.
Adley wrote:"That's true, she faces troubles due to her current state, unfortunately."
Anja wrote:"It still kind of suck, it is not her the Union decided to fuck her life over."
Bruce grumbled.

"Bleh." Serge said making a noise of disgust clearly not approving over the poor Hit-Marks situation. "If we were more accepting of people like her, we'd get a lot more Technocrats turncoats joining our side."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm

"That was the idea yeah. My other sketchbooks has a couple of police car drawings in it just for just that reason." Serge said with a nod.

Bruce nodded at that.

"Right, shrapnel's a thing." Serge said with a frown. "Oh well, it was an interesting idea. Guess freezing it is cool as well. Or making just making them think it exploded..."

"I would be careful about spooking a guy with a gun, even if he think his gun is broken he might try to squeeze off a few rounds just to be sure, that being said you might make someone thin the gun is really hot hoping that they will drop it."
Bruce said.
"But then we are out of the subtle territory again."

"Screwing around with luck and chance. Another thing on the wishlist." Serge said with a grin giving a small glance at his palm. "Guess that's more in Mr. Wainwright's territory though."

"It can be a useful skill to have."
Bruce said and he smiled a little.

"Don't worry I will." Serge said with a nod.

"Good."
The large Orphan said and nodded.

"Quite a few things Mr Yager but first and foremost is learning how to make permanent enchantments."
Bruce said and nodded.
"And I am working on that."

"Bleh." Serge said making a noise of disgust clearly not approving over the poor Hit-Marks situation. "If we were more accepting of people like her, we'd get a lot more Technocrats turncoats joining our side."

"Agreed, well the woman Colin spoke of sound less of a turncoat then a Traditionalist captured and then changed, but yes we should treat those who turn to our side better."
Bruce agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:43 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Schools are the primary form of brainwashing the capitalist state has.' Nicole replied, moving off the road and heading down an alleyway. 'There, you're taught many things... but the important lessons are the secret ones. Think, what makes a "good" student? One who is always on time, jumps the hoops without complaint, obeys the rules, never asks any difficult questions and works hard. Result: Frank Grimes. The ideal worker-drone-slave capitalism wants. Even the clear busywork like... er, learning the State capitals - are testing the kid's ability to put up with doing a pointless, boring task for no reward.'

'What the lessons don't get, the other students will. How can you be popular at school? Have money, blend in to the crowd, be "normal" like everyone else. If you're damn good, you might be promoted to "head sheep". And before you say it - the "others" have their own ID of "normal"; the jocks, the party people, nerds and so on. Stereotypes everywhere, fit into one and get with the programme!' Nicole annoyance showing here.

Serge's Post:

'We're strange people in a strange world. Never say "that cannot happen".' the large woman cautioned.

Serge's Post:

'Nah, it doesn't. It was simply a war waged by our ruling class who wanted to get the British one off their backs.'

Serge's Post:

'No... you don't look shady, nerdy-smart or even that threatening, which is good for a grifter.' Nicole replied, following the alleyway, past rows of back yard gates. 'What you do is get someone like me to save your hide if shit does kick off. And not try to pull anything on somebody who'd say try to shoot you...' tone sounding like she'd had personal experience on this.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

The car wasn't that bad; some debris, the ashtray hardly at the halfway level. The driver's seat had a different seat covering, with several items poking out of the door pocket.

Adley's Post:

'What you got against my Vic?' Nicole said, sounding a little upset.

[D'oh!]

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Nicole arrived first; the Victoria bouncing over the rutted track as she pulled in, music blaring. On seeing the trailer was apparently inhabited, parked up away from it, killed the engine and got out. Clad in steel-capped boots, a old long-sleeved shirt, new dark denim coveralls and a thick tool-belt with was, perhaps ironically bubblegum pink and had flowers etched into the leather. Odour of sweat, grease and oils; hair covered in an old bandanna. Didn't need Sherlock Holmes to work out she'd come straight from work.

Once out, she ran her hands down the coveralls, giving a little smile to herself; was nice to have something which actually accepted her body than fought it. Opening the rear door, Nicole grabbed a few larger tools, slotting them in to the belt. Then a jacket; a "Rain Pattern" camo affair still sporting the East German insignias.

As she pulled the last on, Nicole looked around, to see if any of the locals showed an interest in her. After all, these places weren't a stranger to her; often you'd have a resident "scavenger" or three working the place...

[Original plan was for Nicole / Colin to arrive together, but no matter. Can simply have them by coincidence instead]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:23 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"I would be careful about spooking a guy with a gun, even if he think his gun is broken he might try to squeeze off a few rounds just to be sure, that being said you might make someone thin the gun is really hot hoping that they will drop it."
Bruce said.

"Yeah, one guy going nuts cause he claimed his stone-cold gun was hot isn't the most subtle thing to do. Maybe it'd be better just to make it melt in his hands." Serge said thoughtfully.

Anja wrote:"It can be a useful skill to have."

"I swear I'll learn how to do that. And when I do I'll win all coin tosses!" Serge said passionately.

Anja wrote:"Quite a few things Mr Yager but first and foremost is learning how to make permanent enchantments."
Bruce said and nodded.

"Sounds difficult." Serge commented. "I wish you the best of luck in learning how to do that. Bet you'll get quickly."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, well the woman Colin spoke of sound less of a turncoat then a Traditionalist captured and then changed, but yes we should treat those who turn to our side better."
Bruce agreed.

"It would make it even worse if she was a captured Traditionalist! What the hell! She might not have even been a Technocrat! What kind of message would that send to captured allies. That if the Union touches you in any way we'll shun you if you come back." Serge said with a frown, speaking rather angrily. Then with a sigh said, "Sorry, I'm just preaching to the choir. No point in complaining about it to people who already agree."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Schools are the primary form of brainwashing the capitalist state has.' Nicole replied, moving off the road and heading down an alleyway. 'There, you're taught many things... but the important lessons are the secret ones. Think, what makes a "good" student? One who is always on time, jumps the hoops without complaint, obeys the rules, never asks any difficult questions and works hard. Result: Frank Grimes. The ideal worker-drone-slave capitalism wants. Even the clear busywork like... er, learning the State capitals - are testing the kid's ability to put up with doing a pointless, boring task for no reward.'

'What the lessons don't get, the other students will. How can you be popular at school? Have money, blend in to the crowd, be "normal" like everyone else. If you're damn good, you might be promoted to "head sheep". And before you say it - the "others" have their own ID of "normal"; the jocks, the party people, nerds and so on. Stereotypes everywhere, fit into one and get with the programme!' Nicole annoyance showing here.

Serge stayed silent as Nicole gave her opinion on modern schooling, following her into the alleyway as he listened attentively.  When she finished Serge thought about her words for a minute before saying, "You certainly paint schools like a dystopian-esque future. Can't say I disagree though. Those movies had to get their inspiration somewhere. Everything is approved by some higher authority and then spoon-fed to us slowly. Doing it over and over until it becomes the norm."

"Do you think that's changing though? As in, do you think it's getting better or are schools just as brainwash-y as they were in the past?" the Ecstatic said wanting to know more on his cabalmates point of view.

Nicole wrote:'We're strange people in a strange world. Never say "that cannot happen".' the large woman cautioned.

"That sounds like it should be my line." Serge said with a grin. "Don't worry. I said it'd be strange if it happened not that it couldn't. I know the world can throw anything at you at any time. I'm prepared for it, perhaps not as well as you, but as ready as I can get."

Nicole wrote:'Nah, it doesn't. It was simply a war waged by our ruling class who wanted to get the British one off their backs.'

"Darn, I thought that was a good one." Serge muttered to himself, thinking a little harder. "Oh wait, the french revolution! That's an example of the people rising against the ruling class right?"

Nicole wrote:'No... you don't look shady, nerdy-smart or even that threatening, which is good for a grifter.' Nicole replied, following the alleyway, past rows of back yard gates. 'What you do is get someone like me to save your hide if shit does kick off. And not try to pull anything on somebody who'd say try to shoot you...' tone sounding like she'd had personal experience on this.

"Thanks...I think." Serge said wondering if being called good for a grifter was a compliment. "I wouldn't mind being some slick hustler though. Cool and innocent-looking, with a friendly smile that lures people into the trap, secretly deadly with my posse stationed around me at all times, hidden until shit went down. I guess the cabal sorta fits that role. Although I dunno know how happy you guys would be with me if you had to save my hide from some mob boss I hustled. Or being called my posse."

Serge followed Nicole through the increasingly bizarre pathway before his curiosity took hold and he had to ask, "Still haven't told me where we're going. I know I said I wanted it to be a surprise, but can you tell me if we're close?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:13 am

As she pulled the last on, Nicole looked around, to see if any of the locals showed an interest in her. After all, these places weren't a stranger to her; often you'd have a resident "scavenger" or three working the place...

The little girls playing outside the trailer cast some looks in Nicole's direction and you saw that their mother, a tired looking woman in clean but very worn clothes had come out of the trailer just to be sure all was well, wary of strangers, which was probably good living in a place like this.

Some of the teenagers talking around the mountain of tires turned to look at Nicole, one of them pointed towards her and said something to her friends who nodded but you where to far away to hear what was being said.

(OOC: That was the plan which is why I wrote that they arrived together but they could have taken seperate cars as Colin would be coming from work as well. Also Warp have had a busy weekend.)

"Yeah, one guy going nuts cause he claimed his stone-cold gun was hot isn't the most subtle thing to do. Maybe it'd be better just to make it melt in his hands." Serge said thoughtfully.

"I would hardly think that melting the gun into goo would be any more subtle."

"I swear I'll learn how to do that. And when I do I'll win all coin tosses!" Serge said passionately.

"That's the spirit kid though I would think that winning all the time would get boring after a while."
The Orphan commented.

"Sounds difficult." Serge commented. "I wish you the best of luck in learning how to do that. Bet you'll get quickly."

"Thank you kid, I hope to learn it quickly but yeah it is not the easiest thing to do, not for an Awakened mage we are naturally dynamic so making something static and permanent is not the easiest thing to do."
Bruce said and smiled.

"It would make it even worse if she was a captured Traditionalist! What the hell! She might not have even been a Technocrat! What kind of message would that send to captured allies. That if the Union touches you in any way we'll shun you if you come back." Serge said with a frown, speaking rather angrily. Then with a sigh said, "Sorry, I'm just preaching to the choir. No point in complaining about it to people who already agree."

"Kid my grandfather learned his craft from books he had inherited down our family line all the way back to the Renaissance and a man who was a member of the Order of Reason and I still get shit from that even if neither me nor my grandfather where ever Technocrats."
Bruce grumbled.
"The Traditions are not always a tolerant place and yeah what is happening to te woman Colin mentioned are fucked up."

[Nicole] (Steelhaven Friday 2/10 2017)

You where just home from work one day, a boring day of fixing Mrs Jensen's breaks, Mr Hoss's Volvo had a problem with the driver side door's lock, Miss Felm had a little fender bender and needed said fender unbent, and a kid who had bought his first car wanted it checked out to see that it was safe, things like that, simple little repair jobs that might not be exiting but the work paid the bills.

Shortly after you had gotte home there was a nock on your door.

(OOC: Just thought I would do a little scene here with Darrian to perhaps set up a later scene and also give Nicole a bit more interaction with her Chantrymates. If you do not have time for another scene feel free to ignore this until you do.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:49 am

"Hum...I would think it would be easier to make a gun misfire by manipulating chance than heat, it have allot of moving parts, there is always a chance that there are some dust in the wrong place and the thing will misfire and none will be the wiser that magick was used unless they where scanning for it."
Bruce suggested.

"Only easier if you know that kind of magick."

"Ah the wishlist that always ever get longer."
"Quite a few things Mr Yager but first and foremost is learning how to make permanent enchantments."
Bruce said and nodded.

"Several liftetimes long. Right now I'm working on what you'd call my next rank in Prime arts, continuing to learn Hebrew and working on American Sign Language, studying the Umbra and...other, even more important spiritual studies."

"Kid my grandfather learned his craft from books he had inherited down our family line all the way back to the Renaissance and a man who was a member of the Order of Reason and I still get shit from that even if neither me nor my grandfather where ever Technocrats."
Bruce grumbled.
"The Traditions are not always a tolerant place and yeah what is happening to te woman Colin mentioned are fucked up."

"Those that the Union touch don't often come back," he said with a frown. "Anyway, I think we all know how we feel about it..."

'What you got against my Vic?' Nicole said, sounding a little upset.

Adley frowned at her. "When you gave me the other option, one that /you/ said you wanted to put some miles on, did you decide right then that you'd be offended if I chose that instead of your car? Or was it spontaneous?" he asked. "I figured we could take the other one, since you wanted to see how it handled now that you fixed it up."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 am

"Only easier if you know that kind of magick."

"That would be the same for anything really Adley, it is easy if you know how to do it."
Bruce said and grinned.

"Several liftetimes long. Right now I'm working on what you'd call my next rank in Prime arts, continuing to learn Hebrew and working on American Sign Language, studying the Umbra and...other, even more important spiritual studies."

"Yeah that is what I am working on as well, my next ranking in Prime if we are to use the Sphere name and fit it into that. The test to pass to prove that one are an Adept at that Sphere, well one of the tests are to be able to make a permanent enchantment, which is what I want."
The Orphan said and nodded.
"But yeah there is always more to learn. Good luck with your projects Adley."

"Those that the Union touch don't often come back," he said with a frown. "Anyway, I think we all know how we feel about it..."

Bruce nodded at that and grunted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes...yes I know dad but Captain Welder knew my mother."
Anna said and she stopped jumping up an down but that was about as much as she managed to curb her entusiasm. Captain Welder smiled a little at the girl then she turned serious as you told her what had happened to Demaris.
"Hum that is horrible."
She said and Anna looked down.
"Yeah Gabriel did...horrible things and I had to watch."
She muttered and Captain Welder looked a ittle shocked.
"That is...dreadful...I hope you are able to save Damaris in the past then Mr Wainwright and I am sorry that all I am able to do to help is offer you her name...as for the girl if she is Fallen will she be...I know what the Traditions do to...ehm..."
She asked and she gave Anna a concerned look.
Colin smiled thinly, "Anna won't be... She has a badly injured heart; she wouldn't survive the attempt, and her Avatar is pretty powerful in its own right, I think. It will not be safe to try to attack her like that, so it will be better that she lives sheltered by us than coming back as a widderslainte in a couple of years."
He made a serious face, "Regarding Damaris, though - do you know anyone I might be able to contact to find out more about her?"

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"I will let Nico know that you need their their services or the services of someone in their House."
Bruce said then he asked.
"How is Anna doing? I know the kid is wounded, is she adjusting to life among the Traditions?"
Colin nodded, smiling warmly, "She's coming along quite nicely. The fact that we found her mother's name cheered her up immensely; we've got a far better shot at changing the poor woman's outcome in the past... Paradox be damned, if i can snatch Anna's mother from Gabriel's hands without him realizing, all the better."

S7trif3 wrote:"I want to study it as well, obviously I'm checking on some leads of my own for things but yes, do let me know."
He nodded, "I'm sure you could be great help with both studying and performing the ritual, actually, so yes, you are quite welcome to tag along."

Anja wrote:"Yeah you are probably right Colin."
Bruce said and he scratched his head.
S7trif3 wrote:"Survive or die, and the Order did not wish to die."
Anja wrote:"That is fair enough I guess it was a brutal time."
Bruce said and nodded.
He frowned, "And of course, there was that power-hungry former House who decided to create some internal strife to make the surviving Houses stronger... Well, not many of them alive any longer, in any case..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah, I might have to take you up on that Colin, I am running low on reading materials."
Your Cabalmate agreed and he smiled.
He grinned and pointed to the bookshelves, full of various hardcover and paperback novels, "Well, I would suggest you start on the third shelf there, and work our way across it. And then you continue with the fourth shelf, and the fifth, and then you ask me to write a list of further recommendations based on how you liked those series."

Anja wrote:"It is not going to be easy."
Bruce said and sigh.
"I guess all we can do is try."
He nodded, "We have our work cut out for us - but we have an advantage; we know Restoration is possible, and I personally know of two paths toward that end."

Anja wrote:"I take it this is described in the Fragile Path then as mentioned earlier."
Bruce asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"Hm..." he frowned. Maybe it was time to read that story.
He nodded, "I believe those storms are rather rare nowadays, though; perhaps a certain Paradox spirit decided it was ungainly as a Paradox effect..."

Jeremy wrote:"Wouldn't you want to heat up a the bullets gunpowder cartridge? Causing a bullet to explode within the gun can cause major damage to the gun."
Anja wrote:"You would not want an uncontrolled explosion on a battlefield Mr Yager, shrapnel might hit you or your friends."
Jeremy wrote:"Right, shrapnel's a thing." Serge said with a frown. "Oh well, it was an interesting idea. Guess freezing it is cool as well. Or just making them think it exploded..."
Anja wrote:"I would be careful about spooking a guy with a gun, even if he think his gun is broken he might try to squeeze off a few rounds just to be sure, that being said you might make someone thin the gun is really hot hoping that they will drop it."
Bruce said.
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, one guy going nuts cause he claimed his stone-cold gun was hot isn't the most subtle thing to do. Maybe it'd be better just to make it melt in his hands." Serge said thoughtfully.
Anja wrote:"I would hardly think that melting the gun into goo would be any more subtle."
He grimaced, "Subtlety aside, Bruce is right - you don't want an uncontrolled explosion on the battlefield. Now, if you could make a handgun overheat and toss it into a confined space like a hand grenade in a foxhole, that would be one thing, but on level ground where you and your companions could be hit by stray bullets, bad idea. If you could change the steel in the gun from solid to liquid without heat, though, that would be impressive and far safer. And quite disconcerting for the person holding the gun."

S7trif3 wrote:"You certainly can try to get the gun to misfire, if they're out of range of allies it might be worth the risk but yes there's a chance of a friendly fire situation at times."
Anja wrote:"Hum...I would think it would be easier to make a gun misfire by manipulating chance than heat, it have allot of moving parts, there is always a chance that there are some dust in the wrong place and the thing will misfire and none will be the wiser that magick was used unless they where scanning for it."
Bruce suggested.
S7trif3 wrote:"Only easier if you know that kind of magick."
Anja wrote:"That would be the same for anything really Adley, it is easy if you know how to do it."
Bruce said and grinned.
Jeremy wrote:"Screwing around with luck and chance. Another thing on the wishlist." Serge said with a grin giving a small glance at his palm. "Guess that's more in Mr. Wainwright's territory though."
Anja wrote:"It can be a useful skill to have."
Jeremy wrote:"I swear I'll learn how to do that. And when I do I'll win all coin tosses!" Serge said passionately.
Anja wrote:"That's the spirit kid though I would think that winning all the time would get boring after a while."
The Orphan commented.
He grinned, "There are two reasons why i never play the roulette, you know. The first is the boredom of knowing in advance where the ball lands - like a coin toss - and the other is that the casinos would put my head on a stick, figuratively, within a few hours of winning like that... Gambling establishments don't like lucky people."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be about right they wipe their minds, make them into tools."
Jeremy wrote:"I...did not know that. That just sounds terrible." Serge said with a frown. "And a flesh-less escaped HIT-Mark. Damn.....Hopefully the outcasts who go to her treat her with the respect she deserves."
Anja wrote:"Yeah they say they often make HIT-Marks out out prisoners, another good reason not to get taken alive by the Technocracy, and yeah sound like the lady Colin told us about are not getting the respect she needs."
Bruce said and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:"That's true, she faces troubles due to her current state, unfortunately."
Anja wrote:"It still kind of suck, it is not her the Union decided to fuck her life over."
Bruce grumbled.
Jeremy wrote:"Bleh." Serge said making a noise of disgust clearly not approving over the poor Hit-Marks situation. "If we were more accepting of people like her, we'd get a lot more Technocrats turncoats joining our side."
Anja wrote:"Agreed, well the woman Colin spoke of sound less of a turncoat then a Traditionalist captured and then changed, but yes we should treat those who turn to our side better."
Bruce agreed.
Jeremy wrote:"It would make it even worse if she was a captured Traditionalist! What the hell! She might not have even been a Technocrat! What kind of message would that send to captured allies. That if the Union touches you in any way we'll shun you if you come back." Serge said with a frown, speaking rather angrily. Then with a sigh said, "Sorry, I'm just preaching to the choir. No point in complaining about it to people who already agree."
Anja wrote:"Kid my grandfather learned his craft from books he had inherited down our family line all the way back to the Renaissance and a man who was a member of the Order of Reason and I still get shit from that even if neither me nor my grandfather where ever Technocrats."
Bruce grumbled.
S7trif3 wrote:"Those that the Union touch don't often come back," he said with a frown. "Anyway, I think we all know how we feel about it..."
He nodded, "Deaconess Darnell has been... poorly treated by her own Virtual Adepts after the Union got their hands on her. It was the Adepts who forbade her a flesh mask, forcing her to wear veils to conceal her, hm, Terminator-like appearance. And her Primium body makes her rather distinct to the touch, as well. Not necessarily unpleasant, but very peculiar."
He pondered for a moment, "Actually, Mr. Yager, there's something I mean to make for the Deaconess, that I might ask your help with - with a little luck, I'll be getting a photo of her as she appeared before her capture; I might need your artistic eye to help hammer out a three-dimensional mask based on that picture. Do you think you could be available for that?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Old fashioned?" He held up the wax tablet with a raised eyebrow. "But, I'm not the cabal ruler, and I can't not make that pun in my mind."
He grinned, "Ah, but you don't use the wax tablet in the classroom, do you? Besides, Conspiracy 101, it's not who rules, but who controls the ruler."

Anja wrote:"Nah I can't agree with you there to give any power to someone just because of who their daddy is seams wrong to me, I would rather have a president who are elected."
Bruce said and he shook his head.
He nodded, "Noting the distinction between Head of State and Head of Government - while Queen Elizabeth II has a number of powers inherent to the Crown, policy and legislation is virtually entirely in the hands of the Parliament, who formally govern in her name. The presence of a King or Queen on the throne generally has little direct political influence, beyond serving as a sort of beacon for the people, to give a sense of continuity between the sometimes wildly fluctuating temporary governments. To be honest, I think America managed to screw up that balance pretty badly, with Presidents only sitting for a maximum of two terms, while you have Senators and Cognressmen reelected with impunity for decades on end..."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'Many jobs are already pointless - pulled a few myself.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug. 'We're about to hit the wall called the "inherent contradiction of capitalism"... producing goods the workers - or should I say "ex-workers"? - can't afford and capitalists can't consume. And boy, it's gonna be one hell of a crash.' the large woman seeming somewhat pleased with this prospect.
He nodded, "Let's call them ex-employees. And to a great extent, I believe we've reached that wall. Henry Ford had the right idea - you've got to pay your workers as much as possible, so they can afford to buy what they make. After the crash hits, though... Well, I have hopes for the so-called Makerspace community, and websites like Etsy and the like; people without employment will have more time to make handcrafted items, rather than the mass-produced junk. The real question is how many will be able to afford the raw materials needed... We may look at rather widespread deep poverty in the US for some time after the collapse, or the total and utter failure of the dollar when the majority of the population no longer recognizes it as having value in trade..."

Nicole wrote:'Ah, I'll take a look online and shit. Might be able to pick up another to cannibalise or something. We can talk about the bill afters.' clearly considering this a minor point.
He nodded, "Very well, then. Before I go, though, I must admit to some curiosity regarding your arm... Is that a bionic replacement, an external harness or slim-fit armour of some sort, or some other sort of enhancement? I noticed you have something up your sleeve, but not the particulars... Ah, if that is a touchy subject, you don't have to answer or show me, I am merely a little curious."

((OOC: Yeah, winding down this scene between Colin and Nicole should be about time.))

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:Jefferson's Car Disposal had once been a active place where scrapped cars where disposed of after whatever could be of possible use had been retrieved, Jefferson had gone bankrupt years ago though and the machines on his junkyard stopped working, people still dumped cars here though and some of the homeless population of Boston used the abandoned cars for shelter, other than them though and someone driving an old car they did not want to pay to have scrapped into the old junkyard and dump it, few visited this run down place anymore.

Nicole and Colin you arrived at a little after four in the evening. Bruce had said he would meet you there when he gave you directions to the junkyard. You saw two little girls playing with cheap dolls outside a worn out old trailer that their mother had made a sort of home in, it was clear she was trying her best to give the children a normal childhood despite how little money she had, a old, drunk man sat sleeping in an rusty volvo and a little further of a pack of teenagers sat talking on and around a mountain of old tires, and everywhere there where old, scrapped cars in varying degrees of decay, a staggering amount of wrecks. None of the residents showed much heed towards the two mages, Nicole and Colin where clearly not police so they where not to worried.

From one corner of the junkyard you heard a even banging on metal, then silence for a few moments as the work was inspected and more banging, Bruce where clearly fast at work at his forge.
Nicole wrote:Nicole arrived first; the Victoria bouncing over the rutted track as she pulled in, music blaring. On seeing the trailer was apparently inhabited, parked up away from it, killed the engine and got out. Clad in steel-capped boots, a old long-sleeved shirt, new dark denim coveralls and a thick tool-belt with was, perhaps ironically bubblegum pink and had flowers etched into the leather. Odour of sweat, grease and oils; hair covered in an old bandanna. Didn't need Sherlock Holmes to work out she'd come straight from work.

Once out, she ran her hands down the coveralls, giving a little smile to herself; was nice to have something which actually accepted her body than fought it. Opening the rear door, Nicole grabbed a few larger tools, slotting them in to the belt. Then a jacket; a "Rain Pattern" camo affair still sporting the East German insignias.

Anja wrote:The little girls playing outside the trailer cast some looks in Nicole's direction and you saw that their mother, a tired looking woman in clean but very worn clothes had come out of the trailer just to be sure all was well, wary of strangers, which was probably good living in a place like this.

Some of the teenagers talking around the mountain of tires turned to look at Nicole, one of them pointed towards her and said something to her friends who nodded but you where to far away to hear what was being said.
Colin paid the cabbie and got out, unloading the two large bags of groceries and the four gallon jugs of fresh water, balancing the load carefully and lurching into the junkyard, glancing around and making his way carefully to the trailer where the mother was looking out for her girls, "Ah, ma'am, is there some manner of appointed leader of the residents here?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:44 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

Colin nodded, smiling warmly, "She's coming along quite nicely. The fact that we found her mother's name cheered her up immensely; we've got a far better shot at changing the poor woman's outcome in the past... Paradox be damned, if i can snatch Anna's mother from Gabriel's hands without him realizing, all the better."

"More time travel shenanigans I see, but at least what you describe is a very good use for it. I wish you the best with Anna though, damn you are the first among us to take an apprentice."
Bruce said and smiled.

He grinned and pointed to the bookshelves, full of various hardcover and paperback novels, "Well, I would suggest you start on the third shelf there, and work our way across it. And then you continue with the fourth shelf, and the fifth, and then you ask me to write a list of further recommendations based on how you liked those series."

"Well don't mind if I do."
Bruce said and he stood and walked over to your shelves and he perused the titles.
"Would you mind if I borrow a couple of them Colin? You are off course welcome to borrow books fom my shelves as well in return."

He nodded, "We have our work cut out for us - but we have an advantage; we know Restoration is possible, and I personally know of two paths toward that end."

The Orphan nodded at that and frowned.
"Still is not going to be easy."
He grumbled.
"I would not be on Miss Clearwater's chances."

He nodded, "I believe those storms are rather rare nowadays, though; perhaps a certain Paradox spirit decided it was ungainly as a Paradox effect..."

"Thank heaven for small favors eh."
Bruce said wryly.

He grinned, "There are two reasons why i never play the roulette, you know. The first is the boredom of knowing in advance where the ball lands - like a coin toss - and the other is that the casinos would put my head on a stick, figuratively, within a few hours of winning like that... Gambling establishments don't like lucky people."

"I am sure some would put your head on a stick literary as well."
Bruce said and grinned.
"But yes using magick to win at gambling is something that have to be done in moderation to avoid detection, and hell magick is just as much cheating as slight of hand are and usually a game is more fun i one do not cheat."

He nodded, "Deaconess Darnell has been... poorly treated by her own Virtual Adepts after the Union got their hands on her. It was the Adepts who forbade her a flesh mask, forcing her to wear veils to conceal her, hm, Terminator-like appearance. And her Primium body makes her rather distinct to the touch, as well. Not necessarily unpleasant, but very peculiar."

"I would imagine so yes."
Bruce said and he nodded-
"Why do her own turn against her? Ae they so afraid of the Union they can not even take joy in one of their own Adepts returning to them?"

He nodded, "Noting the distinction between Head of State and Head of Government - while Queen Elizabeth II has a number of powers inherent to the Crown, policy and legislation is virtually entirely in the hands of the Parliament, who formally govern in her name. The presence of a King or Queen on the throne generally has little direct political influence, beyond serving as a sort of beacon for the people, to give a sense of continuity between the sometimes wildly fluctuating temporary governments. To be honest, I think America managed to screw up that balance pretty badly, with Presidents only sitting for a maximum of two terms, while you have Senators and Cognressmen reelected with impunity for decades on end..."

"No it still feels wrong to me, even if it is just symbolic for a democracy to have a non elected head of state, I will bow to no man or woman for that matter based on their birth alone I do nto car who someone's daddy is and I do not really think we need that kind of stability."
Bruce scoffed and he shook his head.
"I do however agree that senators ad judges should have a limit as well as to how long they can sit in their positions."

(Speaking with Captain Welder)

Colin smiled thinly, "Anna won't be... She has a badly injured heart; she wouldn't survive the attempt, and her Avatar is pretty powerful in its own right, I think. It will not be safe to try to attack her like that, so it will be better that she lives sheltered by us than coming back as a widderslainte in a couple of years."

"No, a powerful Avatar freed from it's host is not something you want on a rampage."
Captain Welder said.
"It is good the girl is safe from such a fate though."
She said and smiled to Anna who nodded and looked down, she was still a little worried for the safety of her glass dragon.

He made a serious face, "Regarding Damaris, though - do you know anyone I might be able to contact to find out more about her?"

"I have a phone number to a representative for the Craft Damaris is of here in the Stats, she might be able to help you find out more but no promises, but I can give you that number."
Captain Welder offered.

Colin paid the cabbie and got out, unloading the two large bags of groceries and the four gallon jugs of fresh water, balancing the load carefully and lurching into the junkyard, glancing around and making his way carefully to the trailer where the mother was looking out for her girls, "Ah, ma'am, is there some manner of appointed leader of the residents here?"

The cabbie wished you a good evening and drove of, the young man were clearly curious as to why you would haul the groceries out here but he did not ask, valuing patronage more than satisfying his curiosity. The mother gave a hand signal to her girls as you came over and like spirits disapairing into a laundry hamper the girls ran into the rundown, abandoned trailer. The woman turned to face you, she looked tired, and she was far to thin where her girls looked well fed, it was clear that when foo was hard to come by the mother let her girls eat and went without herself.
"I am not sure we have a leader as such Sir but I guess I watch over the others a bit, and they help me keep the girls safe, how may I help you?"
From the way the woman spoke she was well educated, but somewhere in her life something had gone wrong, and in today's system not much had to go wrong for someone to end up on the street, she gave you a polite smile but it was also clear that she was nervous and on guard as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Anja wrote:"I would hardly think that melting the gun into goo would be any more subtle."

"Wait that's true...why the hell did I think that would subtle..." Serge said with a confused look on his face over his own strange logic.

Colin wrote:He grimaced, "Subtlety aside, Bruce is right - you don't want an uncontrolled explosion on the battlefield. Now, if you could make a handgun overheat and toss it into a confined space like a hand grenade in a foxhole, that would be one thing, but on level ground where you and your companions could be hit by stray bullets, bad idea. If you could change the steel in the gun from solid to liquid without heat, though, that would be impressive and far safer. And quite disconcerting for the person holding the gun."

"Thanks to Salvador Dali, I might be able too. Granted only one person would see the melting. And I'd have to learn what a melting gun would even feel like."

Anja wrote:"That's the spirit kid though I would think that winning all the time would get boring after a while."
The Orphan commented.

"Not if you can think about creative ways to win." Serge said with a smile.

Adley wrote:"Several liftetimes long. Right now I'm working on what you'd call my next rank in Prime arts, continuing to learn Hebrew and working on American Sign Language, studying the Umbra and...other, even more important spiritual studies."

"Sounds busy. Wouldn't mind learning a bit about the Umbra myself." Serge said with a curious look on his face. "An entire world out there that I can't see. Can't help but be curious."

Anja wrote:"Thank you kid, I hope to learn it quickly but yeah it is not the easiest thing to do, not for an Awakened mage we are naturally dynamic so making something static and permanent is not the easiest thing to do."
Bruce said and smiled.

"That's what I was told as well. When I was learning to make the trapped pictures. It didn't feel right to lock something in place, unmoving and unchanging." Serge agreed.

Anja wrote:"Kid my grandfather learned his craft from books he had inherited down our family line all the way back to the Renaissance and a man who was a member of the Order of Reason and I still get shit from that even if neither me nor my grandfather where ever Technocrats."
Bruce grumbled.
Adley wrote:"Those that the Union touch don't often come back," he said with a frown. "Anyway, I think we all know how we feel about it..."

Serge simply nodded sadly and said, "Yeah..."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Deaconess Darnell has been... poorly treated by her own Virtual Adepts after the Union got their hands on her. It was the Adepts who forbade her a flesh mask, forcing her to wear veils to conceal her, hm, Terminator-like appearance. And her Primium body makes her rather distinct to the touch, as well. Not necessarily unpleasant, but very peculiar."
He pondered for a moment, "Actually, Mr. Yager, there's something I mean to make for the Deaconess, that I might ask your help with - with a little luck, I'll be getting a photo of her as she appeared before her capture; I might need your artistic eye to help hammer out a three-dimensional mask based on that picture. Do you think you could be available for that?"

"Sure!" Serge said perking up somewhat at the thought of helping the poor woman. "Sounds like a perfect job for me. I'm rarely busy so I'll be available whenever you need me."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:46 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"Wait that's true...why the hell did I think that would subtle..." Serge said with a confused look on his face over his own strange logic.

"Hum...if you want subtle and you can mess with someone's mind, why not make it simple and try to make the person you are fighting more chill, I am not saying mind control them into thinking they are your best friend for that is not subtle at all, but perhaps make them think violence is not the solution, make them more likely to be willing to be talked down, or talked into walking away without using violence."
Bruce suggested.

"Thanks to Salvador Dali, I might be able too. Granted only one person would see the melting. And I'd have to learn what a melting gun would even feel like."

"So you where thinking about giving your enemy the illusion that their gun where melting, hum...perhaps that could work but I worry about them flinching and in doing so pulling the trigger and then boom you have a bullet in you."
The Orphan said an frowned.
"Colin might be able to help you with what molten metal feel like though, he had an accident in his workshop some years back."

"Not if you can think about creative ways to win." Serge said with a smile.

"Then why not just play by the rules and use skill and creativity to win in a proper way?"
Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Sounds busy. Wouldn't mind learning a bit about the Umbra myself." Serge said with a curious look on his face. "An entire world out there that I can't see. Can't help but be curious."

"Worlds Mr Yager, worlds..plural."
Bruce said and smiled.

"That's what I was told as well. When I was learning to make the trapped pictures. It didn't feel right to lock something in place, unmoving and unchanging." Serge agreed.

"Yeah I get the same feeling when I work, my effect the formed and locked into a device or item, and it works for a while but it feels like mercury dancing on a knife's edge, there one moment but the next it have changed form, become something down, and I have not figured out how to lock it down yet, only how to turn the knife around and around to keep the mercury on the blade a little longer."
The artificer said.
"But sooner or later I will figure it out."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:06 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Fiction often just takes a bad part of our world and turns it up to eleven.' Nicole replied, finishing her cigarette and flicking it into a bush. 'The maker often uses it to be a future mirror - this is the world we could end up in if we let X go rampant.'

Serge's Post:

'Don't know; I ain't been in one for over a decade. Did hear someone in Detroit talk about it, though... much of it was pure windbaggery and words I didn't get, but do remember one of the gists being that the main reason for school - the stuffing-in of facts - was now obsolete 'cos of the Internet and shit. Which makes sense; why bother learning how coal if formed when Wikipedia can tell you within moments?

Serge's Post:

'Don't knock your abilities... there's shit out there you'd handle better. There are times where my boot or fist can solve the problem, and others where lies and smiles will. You should work on that, actually - this crew needs a face, and we'd do much fucking better if it wasn't Adley's.'

Serge's Post:

'Dunno 'bout that one; heard it said that was simply a wannabe ruling class simply trying to get rid of the current lot. History ain't my strong suit.'

Serge's Post:

'Eh, been called worse, me.' Nicole said with a shrug. 'And not like I ain't pulled that gig before...' ending with a little glance at Serge. Like in the cabal meeting before, the large woman was giving off the vibe that she was becoming rather protective of Serge.

Serge's Post:

'Nearly there.' Nicole quipped, moving down another path by an abandoned, weed-strewn lot and then suddenly appearing in a car-lot beside a tiny, aged strip-mall with a convenience store at the centre.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Folk without jobs can't make stuff to sell. Kinda busy with other shit, like trying to find shelter, food and warmth.' Nicole replied, a slight but obvious derisive sneer. 'Plus, who they gonna sell to? Folk who are in the same boat as they are? No... when the machines seize up, everything will go to pot. Then somewhere, the line will be crossed. Soldiers shooting starving looters, proper Socialists being elected to Congress, areas of the country declaring themselves communes... and then the Oligarchy will show it's Iron Heel and stamp on the People.' ending with a sigh, as though the Etherite had seen this future with her own eyes.

Colin's Post:

The large woman froze on the question; making it plain that was one topic she really didn't want to discuss. But a thoughtful look crossed her face, clearly thinking about it. Finally she answered. 'Replacement for a combat loss. Didn't have enough pull to get one with actual proper skin. Would like you to keep this to yourself... there's quite a bit of hate for our kind.' ending with a sigh, then a surprised look crossing her face.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

On being pointed at, Nicole glanced in their direction, unconsciously drawing herself up, then gave a shrug. Started to move towards the trailer, giving a nod in greetings as the woman appeared. On hearing activity behind her, she turned to see; a raised eyebrow on seeing it was Colin, a slight roll of the eyes on seeing what he was bringing. Followed him, far enough behind so the locals didn't think they were together or anything. On hearing his question, gave a little snort. Waited patiently [for her] as Colin talked with the woman; her needs were different to the Orphans.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

A flash of annoyance, which then cooled. 'Fair point. Let's go then.' tone a little grudgingly.

[Will start the Darrian thread once a 'free slot' comes up]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:22 pm

On being pointed at, Nicole glanced in their direction, unconsciously drawing herself up, then gave a shrug. Started to move towards the trailer, giving a nod in greetings as the woman appeared.

The mother gave Nicole a worried look as well but she was less nervous around the large woman than she was Colin, whatever that was because Nicole was a woman or if it was because she looked closer to the people she used to associate with rather than the well dressed, proper Colin was hard to say, perhaps a combination of the two.

On hearing activity behind her, she turned to see; a raised eyebrow on seeing it was Colin, a slight roll of the eyes on seeing what he was bringing. Followed him, far enough behind so the locals didn't think they were together or anything. On hearing his question, gave a little snort. Waited patiently [for her] as Colin talked with the woman; her needs were different to the Orphans.

As you stood hanging around waiting for Colin you noticed that the teenager who had pointed at you and two of her friends had separated from the group they where with and they had edged closer, standing by a old, rusted truck clearly curious about you but not quite daring to approach.

(OOC: Sounds good to me.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Anja wrote:"No, a powerful Avatar freed from it's host is not something you want on a rampage."
Captain Welder said.
"It is good the girl is safe from such a fate though."
She said and smiled to Anna who nodded and looked down, she was still a little worried for the safety of her glass dragon.
Colin nodded, "Quite... It is what you could call an odd chain of events, really, since I am in part to blame for her condition... I was the one who shot her, and her compatriot at the time healed her improperly. It did not save her from capture, but it did end up saving her life and soul."

Anja wrote:"I have a phone number to a representative for the Craft Damaris is of here in the Stats, she might be able to help you find out more but no promises, but I can give you that number."
Captain Welder offered.
He nodded, "Thank you - whether or not she can help me is one thing, but I believe she might find it a relief to learn what happened to Damaris when she disappeared. Closure is a precious thing, too."

Anja wrote:"More time travel shenanigans I see, but at least what you describe is a very good use for it. I wish you the best with Anna though, damn you are the first among us to take an apprentice."
Bruce said and smiled.
He grinned wryly, "It does get better; I couldn't have taken her in as an apprentice if Master Steelhaven had not determined that I will become a capable Chronomancer in the future; it is literally time travel shenanigans that secured me the early advancement necessary to save her."

Anja wrote:"Well don't mind if I do."
Bruce said and he stood and walked over to your shelves and he perused the titles.
"Would you mind if I borrow a couple of them Colin? You are off course welcome to borrow books fom my shelves as well in return."
He nodded, "Help yourself; they're sorted chronologically by series, so you should be able to see where to start, whether you take one series at a time, or the first book of several series at once."

Anja wrote:The Orphan nodded at that and frowned.
"Still is not going to be easy."
He grumbled.
"I would not be on Miss Clearwater's chances."
He nodded, "It's a small mercy, then, that we don't really have the time for gambling, as such."

Anja wrote:"Hum...if you want subtle and you can mess with someone's mind, why not make it simple and try to make the person you are fighting more chill, I am not saying mind control them into thinking they are your best friend for that is not subtle at all, but perhaps make them think violence is not the solution, make them more likely to be willing to be talked down, or talked into walking away without using violence."
Bruce suggested.
He nodded approvingly, "You might be able to do that without directly influencing the opponent's mind, too - give your voice an overtone of reason and authority, for example, make yourself sound more convincing, rather than trying to force ideas into the stream of consciousness of someone else."

Jeremy wrote:"Thanks to Salvador Dali, I might be able too. Granted only one person would see the melting. And I'd have to learn what a melting gun would even feel like."
Anja wrote:"So you where thinking about giving your enemy the illusion that their gun where melting, hum...perhaps that could work but I worry about them flinching and in doing so pulling the trigger and then boom you have a bullet in you."
"Colin might be able to help you with what molten metal feel like though, he had an accident in his workshop some years back."
He grimaced, "My accident was... not what you would look for in the sensation of melting metal. For starters, that was molten silver rapidly cooling off. No, for metal melting in your hand... hum... Adley, do you know if the university's chemistry department has a lump of gallium in store? The stuff costs a bit, but it is a favoured amusement in various school laboratories, since it is harmless and literally melts in your hand."

Anja wrote:"I am sure some would put your head on a stick literary as well."
Bruce said and grinned.
"But yes using magick to win at gambling is something that have to be done in moderation to avoid detection, and hell magick is just as much cheating as slight of hand are and usually a game is more fun i one do not cheat."
Jeremy wrote:"Not if you can think about creative ways to win." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Then why not just play by the rules and use skill and creativity to win in a proper way?"
He shook his head, "Cheating at games of chance is simply not good. Besides, Luck has a way of biting you in the tender bits if you abuse it. That's why I am happy to sell my little lucky charms in my shop, but never carry them around myself. It's kind of like a chocolate bar, one every now and then is delicious, but if you have a hundred chocolate bars all at once, you're not going to enjoy it much..."

Jeremy wrote:"Sounds busy. Wouldn't mind learning a bit about the Umbra myself." Serge said with a curious look on his face. "An entire world out there that I can't see. Can't help but be curious."
Anja wrote:"Worlds Mr Yager, worlds..plural."
Bruce said and smiled.
He grinned, "Well, I'm sure you could get a nice view from the cockpit sometime soon, when I fly the Chief's shuttle on an errand. The view can get a little strange, though. Also, I'm sure I could introduce you to a few friendly spirits around here, if I can spare the Quintessence to fully invite them in."

Jeremy wrote:"That's what I was told as well. When I was learning to make the trapped pictures. It didn't feel right to lock something in place, unmoving and unchanging." Serge agreed.
Anja wrote:"Yeah I get the same feeling when I work, my effect the formed and locked into a device or item, and it works for a while but it feels like mercury dancing on a knife's edge, there one moment but the next it have changed form, become something down, and I have not figured out how to lock it down yet, only how to turn the knife around and around to keep the mercury on the blade a little longer."
The artificer said.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Yes, I know what you mean - I feel much the same about my lucky charms, there's always that little bit of... resistance, I suppose, against putting a so inherently flexible sort of magic into a piece of shaped metal."

Anja wrote:"I would imagine so yes."
Bruce said and he nodded-
"Why do her own turn against her? Ae they so afraid of the Union they can not even take joy in one of their own Adepts returning to them?"
Jeremy wrote:"Sure!" Serge said perking up somewhat at the thought of helping the poor woman. "Sounds like a perfect job for me. I'm rarely busy so I'll be available
whenever you need me."
He shrugged, "I don't know the reasoning behind it, but perhaps it was partly a desire to make the Deaconess a living warning against what the Union might do to a prisoner. And I'll let you know, then, when I get the photograph."

Anja wrote:"No it still feels wrong to me, even if it is just symbolic for a democracy to have a non elected head of state, I will bow to no man or woman for that matter based on their birth alone I do nto car who someone's daddy is and I do not really think we need that kind of stability."
Bruce scoffed and he shook his head.
"I do however agree that senators ad judges should have a limit as well as to how long they can sit in their positions."
He nodded, "I'm not saying the monarchy/democracy hybrid is the best solution, but how long it has remained stable and quite prosperous does speak for itself. Still, I suppose a Head of State elected for a certain period of time - say, twelve years at a time, for example, with rest of the government elected every four years or so, with two-term limits and a two-year offset from the Head of State cycle, would potentially give much of the same continuity benefits as a hereditary Head of State. The stability is highly advantageous, but the source of it is... slightly less important."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'Folk without jobs can't make stuff to sell. Kinda busy with other shit, like trying to find shelter, food and warmth.' Nicole replied, a slight but obvious derisive sneer. 'Plus, who they gonna sell to? Folk who are in the same boat as they are? No... when the machines seize up, everything will go to pot. Then somewhere, the line will be crossed. Soldiers shooting starving looters, proper Socialists being elected to Congress, areas of the country declaring themselves communes... and then the Oligarchy will show it's Iron Heel and stamp on the People.' ending with a sigh, as though the Etherite had seen this future with her own eyes.
He nodded, "The distinction between a best-case scenario, a worst-case scenario and a most-likely-case scenario, I suppose... One of the scenarios I find most worrying and frighteningly plausible is a Committee of Public Safety arising in the US. There'd be no shortage of Enemies of the People..."

Nicole wrote:The large woman froze on the question; making it plain that was one topic she really didn't want to discuss. But a thoughtful look crossed her face, clearly thinking about it. Finally she answered. 'Replacement for a combat loss. Didn't have enough pull to get one with actual proper skin. Would like you to keep this to yourself... there's quite a bit of hate for our kind.' ending with a sigh, then a surprised look crossing her face.
He nodded and tapped his own scars, "I understand completely. From what I've seen so far, it does appear to be superior to the original, but even that does not quite make up for what was lost. Not sure how much hate there is for cybernetics around here, though; we're a fairly progressive Chantry as such - but yes, there's bound to be people distrusting anything more advanced than a wooden peg or a metal hook. Hum... I know a Deaconess in Chicago who is subject to some discrimination owing to being captured by the Union and turned into a HIT-Mark - she escaped without having her mind wiped. She's been denied synthetic flesh, which is something of a disgrace on the Adepts' part... I'm going to make a silver mask for her, a gift that circumvents the decree against her... would you perhaps like to deliver it when it is done?"

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Nicole wrote:On being pointed at, Nicole glanced in their direction, unconsciously drawing herself up, then gave a shrug. Started to move towards the trailer, giving a nod in greetings as the woman appeared. On hearing activity behind her, she turned to see; a raised eyebrow on seeing it was Colin, a slight roll of the eyes on seeing what he was bringing. Followed him, far enough behind so the locals didn't think they were together or anything. On hearing his question, gave a little snort. Waited patiently [for her] as Colin talked with the woman; her needs were different to the Orphans.
Anja wrote:The mother gave Nicole a worried look as well but she was less nervous around the large woman than she was Colin, whatever that was because Nicole was a woman or if it was because she looked closer to the people she used to associate with rather than the well dressed, proper Colin was hard to say, perhaps a combination of the two.
He nodded quickly to Nicole, then continued on, carefully, almost like a wildlife photographer on the savanna.

Anja wrote:The cabbie wished you a good evening and drove of, the young man were clearly curious as to why you would haul the groceries out here but he did not ask, valuing patronage more than satisfying his curiosity. The mother gave a hand signal to her girls as you came over and like spirits disapairing into a laundry hamper the girls ran into the rundown, abandoned trailer. The woman turned to face you, she looked tired, and she was far to thin where her girls looked well fed, it was clear that when foo was hard to come by the mother let her girls eat and went without herself.
"I am not sure we have a leader as such Sir but I guess I watch over the others a bit, and they help me keep the girls safe, how may I help you?"
From the way the woman spoke she was well educated, but somewhere in her life something had gone wrong, and in today's system not much had to go wrong for someone to end up on the street, she gave you a polite smile but it was also clear that she was nervous and on guard as well.
He nodded, a cautious smile on his face, "Then perhaps I could trust you to distribute these among the residents - I know the public programs don't reach as far as they ought to, so I took the liberty of picking up some groceries on my way to my friend with the forge. There's four gallons of fresh water, and some assorted dried and canned goods plus hygiene necessities; I don't know how much you've got in the way of refrigeration here, so I opted for some supplies that can be stored in cabinets and such."
He took a couple steps closer and gently set the bags and water jugs down on the ground, "No reciprocation needed, I'm glad to help; Mr. King told me a bit of food and such supplies would be welcome."

((OOC: What, you don't think it could be Colin's mangled face that unnerves the poor woman? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:49 pm

He nodded, a cautious smile on his face, "Then perhaps I could trust you to distribute these among the residents - I know the public programs don't reach as far as they ought to, so I took the liberty of picking up some groceries on my way to my friend with the forge. There's four gallons of fresh water, and some assorted dried and canned goods plus hygiene necessities; I don't know how much you've got in the way of refrigeration here, so I opted for some supplies that can be stored in cabinets and such."

"Thank you Sir."
The woman said politely, though she was still reserved, she was far to used to those coming baring gifts wanting something in return, often feeling they where owed something in return.
"I will make sure the supplies are spread around, and no we do not have much in the way of refrigriation, so non perishables are a better option."
She said with a careful smile, still eying you carefully.

He took a couple steps closer and gently set the bags and water jugs down on the ground, "No reciprocation needed, I'm glad to help; Mr. King told me a bit of food and such supplies would be welcome."

The woman took a careful step back but she gave another measured smile.
"Again thank you Sir, your gift is most appreciated and will help many here."
She said then she seamed to relax a little when you mentioned Bruce's name.
"You know Bruce?"

Colin nodded, "Quite... It is what you could call an odd chain of events, really, since I am in part to blame for her condition... I was the one who shot her, and her compatriot at the time healed her improperly. It did not save her from capture, but it did end up saving her life and soul."

"Perhaps God wanted the girl saved Mr Wainwright, perhaps he have a plan for her, it would not be the first time he used someone that seamed lost as his instrument."
Captain Welder said then she smiled.
"Or it could have been a strange turn of events that lead to an opening to save her, in either case it is good the girl will be given a chance."

He nodded, "Thank you - whether or not she can help me is one thing, but I believe she might find it a relief to learn what happened to Damaris when she disappeared. Closure is a precious thing, too."

"You are right closure is important, I do not know if Lydia herself know Damaris but I am sure she can get the information to those who do and who might be looking for her."
The Templar said before she gave you a phone number.
"Her name is Lydia Dias."
She informed you.
"I am afraid that is all I know really her Craft and mine do not cooperate very often so I do not know many of them."

He grinned wryly, "It does get better; I couldn't have taken her in as an apprentice if Master Steelhaven had not determined that I will become a capable Chronomancer in the future; it is literally time travel shenanigans that secured me the early advancement necessary to save her."

"Wonderful, any more of this and I will need a drink."
Bruce grumbled.

He nodded, "Help yourself; they're sorted chronologically by series, so you should be able to see where to start, whether you take one series at a time, or the first book of several series at once."

"I think...I will begin with book one and two from one series and come back for more once I have read them."
Bruce said as he selected two books.
"Thanks Colin I will get them back to you as soon as possible."

He nodded, "It's a small mercy, then, that we don't really have the time for gambling, as such."

"Yeah...you are right about that."
Bruce said and grunted.

He nodded approvingly, "You might be able to do that without directly influencing the opponent's mind, too - give your voice an overtone of reason and authority, for example, make yourself sound more convincing, rather than trying to force ideas into the stream of consciousness of someone else."

"Yeah that might be a better idea."
Bruce agreed and nodded.

He shook his head, "Cheating at games of chance is simply not good. Besides, Luck has a way of biting you in the tender bits if you abuse it. That's why I am happy to sell my little lucky charms in my shop, but never carry them around myself. It's kind of like a chocolate bar, one every now and then is delicious, but if you have a hundred chocolate bars all at once, you're not going to enjoy it much..."

"Nah you can never get to many chocolate bars."
Bruce joked with a grin.
"I agree about the cheating though."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Yes, I know what you mean - I feel much the same about my lucky charms, there's always that little bit of... resistance, I suppose, against putting a so inherently flexible sort of magic into a piece of shaped metal."

Bruce nodded in agreement to that.

He shrugged, "I don't know the reasoning behind it, but perhaps it was partly a desire to make the Deaconess a living warning against what the Union might do to a prisoner. And I'll let you know, then, when I get the photograph."

"It is not right in either case."
Bruce said and frowned.

He nodded, "I'm not saying the monarchy/democracy hybrid is the best solution, but how long it has remained stable and quite prosperous does speak for itself. Still, I suppose a Head of State elected for a certain period of time - say, twelve years at a time, for example, with rest of the government elected every four years or so, with two-term limits and a two-year offset from the Head of State cycle, would potentially give much of the same continuity benefits as a hereditary Head of State. The stability is highly advantageous, but the source of it is... slightly less important."

"The twelve year system you mention here could work, I think that would be a good system."
Bruce said.
"It do give stability without having to resort to elevating one family over the rest, saying this little shit brat is by virtue of birth entitled to honorifics and respect just because of who his daddy is, which really is a shit system."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 pm

He nodded, "I'm sure you could be great help with both studying and performing the ritual, actually, so yes, you are quite welcome to tag along."

"Keep me posted."

He frowned, "And of course, there was that power-hungry former House who decided to create some internal strife to make the surviving Houses stronger... Well, not many of them alive any longer, in any case..."

"I would put that into the survival aspect, even so."

Idly, he scanned the shelves he pointed out and then the others.

He grimaced, "Subtlety aside, Bruce is right - you don't want an uncontrolled explosion on the battlefield. Now, if you could make a handgun overheat and toss it into a confined space like a hand grenade in a foxhole, that would be one thing, but on level ground where you and your companions could be hit by stray bullets, bad idea. If you could change the steel in the gun from solid to liquid without heat, though, that would be impressive and far safer. And quite disconcerting for the person holding the gun."

"Safety issues aside, sometimes you need to blow their gun up which is easier than turning it to slag. There's a rote that was used against us in one of our fights, it seemed a variation on an Order rote, which likely was developed from one that was used against archers, that would do what Mr Yager described. I think depending on the circumstance it was less flashy than a fireball, certainly."

He grimaced, "My accident was... not what you would look for in the sensation of melting metal. For starters, that was molten silver rapidly cooling off. No, for metal melting in your hand... hum... Adley, do you know if the university's chemistry department has a lump of gallium in store? The stuff costs a bit, but it is a favoured amusement in various school laboratories, since it is harmless and literally melts in your hand."

'Interesting. I have no idea, as I don't frequent the science buildings, my building is near Storrow Drive, theirs is over by Beacon street but I can probably find out if Metcalf has some..."

"That would be the same for anything really Adley, it is easy if you know how to do it."
Bruce said and grinned.

"My point."

"I am sure some would put your head on a stick literary as well."
Bruce said and grinned.

"There goes my idea for getting the cabal some cash."

He grinned, "Ah, but you don't use the wax tablet in the classroom, do you? Besides, Conspiracy 101, it's not who rules, but who controls the ruler."

"I should bring this in to class someday, or parchment or papyrus. That would be interesting, let all the kids write Greek graffiti on it. See if they can appropriately conjugate 'fuck' to fit their needs," he said, looking amused.

"Yeah that is what I am working on as well, my next ranking in Prime if we are to use the Sphere name and fit it into that. The test to pass to prove that one are an Adept at that Sphere, well one of the tests are to be able to make a permanent enchantment, which is what I want."
The Orphan said and nodded.
"But yeah there is always more to learn. Good luck with your projects Adley."

'Thanks."

"Worlds Mr Yager, worlds..plural."
Bruce said and smiled.

"Yes, and all the denizens in it...travellng in it is something quite different, landmarks are your associations, distance is less of a physical thing and more of a concept of separation between you and where you are going. It's easy to get lost, too...but yes, in a week or so I should feel better enough to use simple perception abilities, I can take you to the roof garden and show you what it looks like in the Near Umbra, there are usually some spirits up there and I will want to say hello to some friends of mine." He smiled a little.

He grinned, "Well, I'm sure you could get a nice view from the cockpit sometime soon, when I fly the Chief's shuttle on an errand. The view can get a little strange, though. Also, I'm sure I could introduce you to a few friendly spirits around here, if I can spare the Quintessence to fully invite them in."

"I haven't even gotten to see this ship yet," he said. "I am getting to ride in it, yes?"

He nodded, "Deaconess Darnell has been... poorly treated by her own Virtual Adepts after the Union got their hands on her. It was the Adepts who forbade her a flesh mask, forcing her to wear veils to conceal her, hm, Terminator-like appearance. And her Primium body makes her rather distinct to the touch, as well. Not necessarily unpleasant, but very peculiar." He pondered for a moment, "Actually, Mr. Yager, there's something I mean to make for the Deaconess, that I might ask your help with - with a little luck, I'll be getting a photo of her as she appeared before her capture; I might need your artistic eye to help hammer out a three-dimensional mask based on that picture. Do you think you could be available for that?"

"I'm still unclear why they don't allow her to have...well, skin, to be frank."

A flash of annoyance, which then cooled. 'Fair point. Let's go then.' tone a little grudgingly.

"Alright then, let's go. I assume you've got the keys. I'm not enamored with driving in traffic, so I don't care who drives really." He walked over to the Suburu and gave it a similar once over as her car and then waited at the passenger side to be able to get in.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 pm

We have been discussing ordering pizza and having dinner together and a paintball game once Aley feel better.

Now that sounds awesome

They are Avatars not Lego buildings I am not sure you can just rearrange them Mr Yager."
Bruce said sounding rather doubtful.
"And a quick and drastic way to change an Avatar do not sound very safe.

IT can have risks, but any quirurgic procedure is actually pretty drastic and shocking, but it's sometimes the only option and safer than not.

Old magickal systems seam to still work pretty well for the ones using them, I use a more modern system myself but I can not deny the power the Verbena and the Hermetics among others have.

Magick systems are no problem. They resonate with our history. Is stiff minds and old disconnected bones that weight us down. There's a reason with the chief of a tribe is usually young and at it's top, and old people are sages and councelers.

And I do not think that it would be a good idea to come out from among the shadows, the Law of Shade is there for a reason, the sleepers would not be kind if the found out that we exist.

Let acts speak. Make yourself a name and go to sleep, right?

This to me sound like you need allot more info and allot more study of this in theory before risking yourself and an Umbral pilot to actually go there.

Totally, i need to start looking into it with Master Telar before setting myself on a direct study. I suppose though it won't take SOOOO much time.

"It is ot getting to this woman you are discussing which are the problem Mr Karyak, if you can get a ship that is or otherwise travel the Umbra to find her, it is that she while not corrupted, the way I understand it she have been with the Nephandi and the law says conspire not with the enemies os Ascencion, that is where the problem lies, but off course you could try to discuss the matter with an Enforcer and see if they can work something out."

I'm reading laws at the moment, so let me get a little more insight and we can plot a bit more on this. maybe we can argue she was something like a spy and tried to inform us all along and whatnot... in any case, we need the knowledge and a couple of ways to make sure she doesn't lie to us.

"Taking apart an Avatar is the... easy part. The problem is wringing the bits back into their right shape and putting them back together. That's still well beyond the abilities of any Mage, I'm afraid..."

Lucky we are not alone, then

They're not on Earth, actually - they're semimythological beings that have helped Avatars merge perfectly with Mages, back when Mages had Founts that had no voice.

I missed all the conversation, but what are this things and what do you know about them?

Mages that don't Awaken as Traditionalists tend to become Technocrats; the Union refuses to believe in Magic, yet they essentially do the same as we, and they unfortunately have something of a stranglehold on the Consensus... for now. But, with the surge in fantasy and modern occultism, we're cracking the enamel, all the same...

Maybe this are my own past experiences talking... but i can only hope we're not as cornered as i thought.

Indeed, however subtle the wizard, a nine millimeter bullet to the head will cramp his style.

I am well aware of that, although it's not the point.

You want to go to a place of pure change... that's not going to take protecting the ship from corruption, as such, that's... no, I'm not going to agree with or participate in such a voyage; not without some serious power at my side to dampen the forces of change. Far too risky.

For now i'm limiting my studies to investigation from afar, but! I've been told by a Sage of the werewolves that there is aplane where they suffer through a silver based cleaning and that after centuries corruption can be cleansed that way. This only works for them, but! this is the interesting part: there could be such a place for us. Or avatars, in fact. Until i find it, she told me there's this plane of constant chaos and change that, if we get the avatar there, things tend there to turn into the shape they were ment to be in one or other way. This means that it would revert to a primitive state or something.
The fact is, it will change, and at least it will not be corrupted no more, but i need to be able to find a way to conduct the change in a way it gives us something satisfactory and not some Marauder-esque avatar or something worse. SO! i'm planning on consulting with Master Telar as soon as she can and then start protected astral journeys or something like that.

One step ahead of you. I'll be meeting with The Admiral soon enough, and airing some defensive plans with her

Personally i don't belive in planning, since once it meets the enemy it looses al meaning, so i'll stick with basics: getting her all the padding a soul, body and mind can have and keeping her OUT of harms way. As much as i can, anyway...

Avatar Restoration, really. But reaching Lady Dalisse will take time we don't have to spare before the trial, I'm afraid - and the legality issue is also a problem. So we have to research closer to home for now.

I tell you... i need to learn more Time so the fucking day lasts... If i had a little more time we could do this. with fucking monsters all around us, enemies clawing their way home and all i really have not been able to really sit and compile all the info and sources, let alone present that to you and allies to see if there's any venue i haven't explored.
I hate to think i'm impotent to help those poor things out there forced to god knows what to break them and open their minds to taint... O Fuck You too!
Tane looked down for a moment and the tatoos of his arms all turned to clocks ticking or ringing in unison.

This is about keeping Adeptus Riez's old sweetheart out of the Main Sentencing Hall right?

I didn't allow him to take her life. It's rather personal. She was also well known, for what i could see... I really hope anyone with something useful to say comes and says it.

The shape of an avatar is not something we're bound to know well, especially after they have Fallen, it's already been ripped apart. But I have an idea that relates to that one in some ways, the same way you can make an educated guess at what some of the...silhouette's form is supposed to look like by perceiving the 'perimeter' of it. We can know some of the shape of them, so to speak, and by shapes I mean sounds." He tipped his head a little as he spoke. "But it would only be one small part of it, one or a few lifetimes, I would imagine...

Yes... yes, actually! Tane smiled in realization Even in corrupted individuals, their original song is part of it's Patron, so they HAVE to have a song i can sing out. I have always made them manifest, never used the manifestation as a focus for a spell, but it shouldn't be extra hard, right? I mean... once the song is met, it takes its form, but if i take out dissonances and leave the base notes, some of the estructure has to come back and from there it can be built based on what part could actually come over wich one.... Since a corrupted avatar si the same avatar put back togheter wrong, then no part should be missing or with an alternate form...

What plane is this, Mr Karyak?" he said, raising an eyebrow. "What do you know of it?

It's a plane bound to Dynamism, like a little rough plane of pure essence of change. I know how to reach it as said by this sage, but little more. Even her indications were vague, she knows of the existence but has never gone there. it's in the deep umbra, as you might have guessed.

To put it bluntly, the fewer people that know the reach of our progress at this time the better. There are forces that may wish to stop us, and if it is known what we are trying to do, and how...

Ah, very well. You have a very pointy point there.

and other group activities.

I propose games to test skills, strenght, cunning and a good old drinking game! Never drank, but i have been a fair bit in the states and i deserve to try something new. We could play questions, too.

Master Nassa gain his new apprentice. It's... a little complicated.

Amadeus is crazy enough to try and teach an ancient extraplanar spirit? Or is it weirder still?

Tables and wheels and circles, all good symbols

Nine Spokes? Like the ones of a Wheel? I wish that's not too Euthanatos for you

Cheating it is then kid, I guess you better find someone who can teach you to manipulate your own body then.

I hope the joke is the only thing you left hanging there, friend.

Well, Mr. Karyak, if you have nothing more, either, we can call the meeting adjourned.

I'd like to propose a couple of things: i'd like to put some of our good enchanters here that understand a little more about it in charge of equipment. If one person could actually thing on equiping us all out, that's be great. Obviously, i can help on anything, but i'm just not as knowledgeable or have the mind for such a job.
I also wanted to tell you all my home is placed over a Node the local Slew of WereSharks asked me to protect in exchange for using it. I'm programming it to be a house of healing, but it could be a base and safehouse if you ever needed one. I've been thinking the chantry is a little crowded and any inconvenient could escalate there, not to mention a full out assault: it's probably going to be bad if we're all together in one place. So, if you wanna have a headquarters, safehouse or simply wanna hang there and restore yourself a bit, feel free. I'll be spending more time there too since i moved tot he chantry only to take an eye over Cadence, whose now out in horizon.
I'd like to know too what are our priorities as a Cabal and on the personal side, so that we can help each other in whatever capacity we're able.
I myself am investigating about avatar Restoration, learning laws and trying to have some more of a solid alliance with the Werewolves.

Last edited by Tane Karyak on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Anja wrote:"Hum...if you want subtle and you can mess with someone's mind, why not make it simple and try to make the person you are fighting more chill, I am not saying mind control them into thinking they are your best friend for that is not subtle at all, but perhaps make them think violence is not the solution, make them more likely to be willing to be talked down, or talked into walking away without using violence."
Bruce suggested.
Colin wrote:He nodded approvingly, "You might be able to do that without directly influencing the opponent's mind, too - give your voice an overtone of reason and authority, for example, make yourself sound more convincing, rather than trying to force ideas into the stream of consciousness of someone else."

"That's really easy to do and would work in most cases in fact. It's one of the first things they teach you in mind school." Serge said agreeing to the sentiment. "But sometimes if their minds are set on killing you it can get kinda tough. Bar fights and run-ins with gangsters are easy enough. Zealous Nephandi and Brainwashed Technocrats might need a bit more effort."

Anja wrote:"So you where thinking about giving your enemy the illusion that their gun where melting, hum...perhaps that could work but I worry about them flinching and in doing so pulling the trigger and then boom you have a bullet in you."

"I was just thinking of spilling silver paint over my hand. Real life experiences work too though." Serge said with a nod.

Colin wrote:He grimaced, "My accident was... not what you would look for in the sensation of melting metal. For starters, that was molten silver rapidly cooling off. No, for metal melting in your hand... hum... Adley, do you know if the university's chemistry department has a lump of gallium in store? The stuff costs a bit, but it is a favoured amusement in various school laboratories, since it is harmless and literally melts in your hand."
Adley wrote:'Interesting. I have no idea, as I don't frequent the science buildings, my building is near Storrow Drive, theirs is over by Beacon street but I can probably find out if Metcalf has some..."

"Gallium works too. It's less messy as well." Serge commented.

Anja wrote:"Then why not just play by the rules and use skill and creativity to win in a proper way?"

"Ehhh, I dunno." Serge said with a shrug. "Playing by the rules can get dull at times. Plus I just wanna feel like a cool stealthy wizard."

Colin wrote:He shook his head, "Cheating at games of chance is simply not good. Besides, Luck has a way of biting you in the tender bits if you abuse it. That's why I am happy to sell my little lucky charms in my shop, but never carry them around myself. It's kind of like a chocolate bar, one every now and then is delicious, but if you have a hundred chocolate bars all at once, you're not going to enjoy it much..."

"Damn Karma..." Serge said with a resigned smile. "Wouldn't mind buying one of those luck charms though. Sadly I don't think I could afford it."

Anja wrote:"Worlds Mr Yager, worlds..plural."
Bruce said and smiled.

"Fuck. Yeah I meant worlds." Serge muttered correcting himself.

Adley wrote:"Yes, and all the denizens in it...travellng in it is something quite different, landmarks are your associations, distance is less of a physical thing and more of a concept of separation between you and where you are going. It's easy to get lost, too...but yes, in a week or so I should feel better enough to use simple perception abilities, I can take you to the roof garden and show you what it looks like in the Near Umbra, there are usually some spirits up there and I will want to say hello to some friends of mine." He smiled a little.

"I'd like that. Wouldn't mind seeing the guardian spirit of the Chantry as well." Serge said with a nod.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Well, I'm sure you could get a nice view from the cockpit sometime soon, when I fly the Chief's shuttle on an errand. The view can get a little strange, though. Also, I'm sure I could introduce you to a few friendly spirits around here, if I can spare the Quintessence to fully invite them in."

"Going on a trip in an Umbra ship? Hell yeah! That sounds like fun." Serge said enthusiastically. "And Adley already mentioned that he'd share his spirit sense with me, after a brief lessons in spirit etiquette of course."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I get the same feeling when I work, my effect the formed and locked into a device or item, and it works for a while but it feels like mercury dancing on a knife's edge, there one moment but the next it have changed form, become something down, and I have not figured out how to lock it down yet, only how to turn the knife around and around to keep the mercury on the blade a little longer."
The artificer said.

"I'm sure you will. And then you'll create the best legendary enchanted item ever that'll go down in wizard history." Serge said with a smile.

Colin wrote:He shrugged, "I don't know the reasoning behind it, but perhaps it was partly a desire to make the Deaconess a living warning against what the Union might do to a prisoner. And I'll let you know, then, when I get the photograph."

"A-alright." Serge said looking a little surprised after Colin mentioned turning the Deaconess into a living warning.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Fiction often just takes a bad part of our world and turns it up to eleven.' Nicole replied, finishing her cigarette and flicking it into a bush. 'The maker often uses it to be a future mirror - this is the world we could end up in if we let X go rampant.'

Serge nodded in agreement although looked disapprovingly at the poor disposal of the cigarette butt. "Yep, fiction is fueled by reality and reality is fueled by fiction. Taking aspects of our world and changing it to create a whole new world in the creators image. Eerily familiar but wholly alien."

Nicole wrote:'Don't know; I ain't been in one for over a decade. Did hear someone in Detroit talk about it, though... much of it was pure windbaggery and words I didn't get, but do remember one of the gists being that the main reason for school - the stuffing-in of facts - was now obsolete 'cos of the Internet and shit. Which makes sense; why bother learning how coal if formed when Wikipedia can tell you within moments?

"That sounds about right. That's what my schooling was like. All the information of the past was at our fingertips. All you needed to do was search something up and you'd get a detailed answer for it. You could learn entire chapters worth of material just by watching a few videos of an indian guy." Serge said remembering that one very helpful indian guy.

"It also seems like people are more aware of stuff like that nowadays. You see it joked a lot about on the internet. You ever been to the subreddit LateStageCapatilism? They sound like your kind of people....errr sort of." Serge said losing faith in those words somewhat after saying them out loud.

Nicole wrote:'Don't knock your abilities... there's shit out there you'd handle better. There are times where my boot or fist can solve the problem, and others where lies and smiles will. You should work on that, actually - this crew needs a face, and we'd do much fucking better if it wasn't Adley's.'

"I've worked on it a fair bit over the years. You tend to learn a lot about talking to people when your teacher's a psychologist." Serge said with a slight grin. "I'm not sure Adley being the face would be the worse thing. He's nice, polite, eloquent, and having a Hermetic as the face of our cabal would score us a bunch of points with the Order of Hermes. And it's better to have them on our side than against."

Nicole wrote:'Dunno 'bout that one; heard it said that was simply a wannabe ruling class simply trying to get rid of the current lot. History ain't my strong suit.'

"Sounds like it's what your talking about. The poor citizens marching to the pearly white gates of the rich elitist nobles. Barging through, overwhelming the guards, grabbing their oppressors, and then guillotining them." Serge said, his tone making it sound like he didn't know the nitty gritty details either and just enjoyed the action movie like violence.

Nicole wrote:'Eh, been called worse, me.' Nicole said with a shrug. 'And not like I ain't pulled that gig before...' ending with a little glance at Serge. Like in the cabal meeting before, the large woman was giving off the vibe that she was becoming rather protective of Serge.

"Now there's a story waiting to be told. Were you the bodyguard of some Italian Mob boss?" Serge asked humorously making no clear indication that he noticed Nicole's protective vibe.

Nicole wrote:'Nearly there.' Nicole quipped, moving down another path by an abandoned, weed-strewn lot and then suddenly appearing in a car-lot beside a tiny, aged strip-mall with a convenience store at the centre.

"I'll take your word for it." Serge said he nervously glanced at the run-down setting around him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next