Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 21 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:02 pm

[Junkyard]

He followed the banter with a wry smile, "Now, running would be a good strategy against a mundane human, but against something superhumanly strong and quick... and no need for explosives; against this particular parasite, simple fire is far more efficient. They fear it greatly, and they burn easily. And considering there's magic power in their blood, if someone were to, say, puncture one, I could turn it into a quite spectacular bonfire on the spot..."

"You can like toss fireballs and stuff like mages in books?"
Trina asked then her blonde friend asked.
"Yeah I am curious as well, as for puncturing...the vampires I guess bullets will do that but they heal pretty quickly."

He nodded, "Very good, Sir."

"I will get back to you once I have spoken with the guests then and we can discuss further plans once we have more information."
The Security Chief said.

He nodded, "Actually, yes, Sir - Miss Bouchard might be calling someone to collect some gear from her apartment; I expect you have a spare key you could provide in her absence?"

"I do have a spare key yes, Miss Bouchard can just tell whoever she sends to get her gear to come to the security office and I will give it to them there."
The old Hermetic confirmed.

[Serge, Colin, Adley, Tane] (Cabal Meeting)

Colin grimaced, "Quite; I'd rather not see the world consumed by anything - I'm quite fond of the old place."

Bruce chuckled at that.

He nodded, "True, miniseries are often sold on DVD as a long movie, but when they're initially aired, they're presented as a series."

"That is true but it is far easier to commit to sit down to watch three episodes then you know twenty, so a miniseries is still far easier to see."
The other Orphan commented.

He grinned, "It all comes down to what serves the series best; some concepts just don't do well with extensive continuity and long-term consequences, others break apart completely if the screenwriters don't hold onto consistency with an iron fist."

Bruce just nodded at that.

He frowned, "And even as impressive as Mr. Gregario is, there's one Flambeau who lost his Avatar back around the time of the fall of the Tremere; suffice to say he's got a remarkable will to find closure... and a magnificent retirement plan."

"He have been kept alive through magick then? That is...impressive, and horrible, but most impressive."
The Artificer said and nodded.
"Why are he staying alive I hear those who loose their Avatars just want to die?"
He asked and shuddered.

He grimaced, "As if you wouldn't bring your tools in any case... but yes, best bring every force multiplier you can get your hands on."

"Off course I would bring my tools anyway but I might bring a extra heavy wrench."
Bruce said and he sounded a little amused.

He grimaced, "Well, it's still not as cumbersome as the old British currency system, I suppose, but still..."

The Artificer raised and eyebrow at that.

He pondered, "Getting a quick overview of the currency and expected prices on Horizon would be convenient. As for how to raise funds - I do have a couple of quite novel Rotes that I can teach; that should be worth a few drams in tutoring fees. And I'll be likely to see a few drams from Paradigma for the publication rights to my meta-Rote; that's going to be helpful, as well."

"Yeah you spoke about that rote of yours, that might indeed raise some funds, I am sure many would be interested in learning it and if you get something published in the Paradigma I do think that they pay."
Bruce agreed.
"And like I said I will get you that list of what the various coins are worth on Horizon."

(OOC: Please do not worry about your posting frequency. Take care of yourself and get well that is the most important thing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 21 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Adley Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:41 pm

[Adley] (Monday evening trip to Chicago)

"It is a relief to hear that Sodalis."
Hayden said and nodded.
"I hear you managed to take down the Labyrinth you had issues with over at Boston, good riddance."
The other Flambeau commented.

"Yes, that's so; it was quite a busy fortnight for us all."

"I will do what I can then Mr Roth Hicks, if you are ready we can do down to the basement and see our...guest and I will see if I can create the effect you suggested."
Mosfatt said and he stood.
"Unless you had other matters to attend to first?"

"It would not be proper to delay this more than it had to be delayed. I have other matters to attend to but this should come first, especially as you are willing to help me, and are available now to do so."

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]

He pondered, "Getting a quick overview of the currency and expected prices on Horizon would be convenient. As for how to raise funds - I do have a couple of quite novel Rotes that I can teach; that should be worth a few drams in tutoring fees. And I'll be likely to see a few drams from Paradigma for the publication rights to my meta-Rote; that's going to be helpful, as well."
Yeah you spoke about that rote of yours, that might indeed raise some funds, I am sure many would be interested in learning it and if you get something published in the Paradigma I do think that they pay."
Bruce agreed.
"And like I said I will get you that list of what the various coins are worth on Horizon."

"That's a good idea. I'll try to see what I can fit into my schedule too but honestly it's pretty full at the moment."

// post-illness fatigue is a thing and it sucks, rest up

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:49 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:Colin grimaced, "Quite; I'd rather not see the world consumed by anything - I'm quite fond of the old place."

"Meh, it's a pretty cool place. Personally I think it could use some improvements." Serge said with a smile about the world in general.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "You know, son, you might be well served by drawing a deck of playing cards - well, not necessarily playing cards, but that size. A lot quicker and easier to handle than a sketchbook."

"I have a dozen of different sketchbooks. Larger ones like the one I used on my first day. Smaller one like this." Serge said shaking the notepad. "I think I might have some index cards as well lying around somewhere. Those could work."

Anja wrote:"Well yes I have heard that you have been quite useful kid, I guess that will pay of, if you are willing to use your earned up favors for the sake of the Cabal in general, after all your resources are yours Serge you decide how to best use them."
Bruce said and nodded.

"I gotta prove my worth to the cabal somehow." Serge said with a light-hearted shrug. "And I've always wanted to go to Horizon so this will benefit all of us equally instead of just me."

Anja wrote:Bruce gave you an impressed look and whistled.
"Five Masters owe you favors kid, now that is quite amazing, busy indeed, well done kid, I am impressed."
The Orphan praised.
"Very impressed in fact."
Adley wrote:"Four Masters? That is impressive. Well, I won't pry."
Colin wrote:He smiled at Serge, "Good on you, son - just keep in mind that some times, the favour you never call in is the one that pays off the best in the long run. A bit of gratitude can go an astoundingly long way..."

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind sir." Serge said smiling at the praise being given to him, mentally counting off everyone who owed him a favor to make sure he hadn't gotten his numbers wrong. Especially after boasting about them.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 pm

"That's a good idea. I'll try to see what I can fit into my schedule too but honestly it's pretty full at the moment."

"I could make and sell some minor enchantments and the like, they might not last forever but should last long enough to be a product that might earn me a bit of cash."
Bruce chimed in.

"I gotta prove my worth to the cabal somehow." Serge said with a light-hearted shrug. "And I've always wanted to go to Horizon so this will benefit all of us equally instead of just me."

"Well it seams you have already been useful, but yes we could use your help both for gathering funds and for our business on Horizon."
The large Orphan said.

"Yes, that's so; it was quite a busy fortnight for us all."

"Leave it to the Nephandi to cause this much trouble."
Your Housemate grumbled.

"It would not be proper to delay this more than it had to be delayed. I have other matters to attend to but this should come first, especially as you are willing to help me, and are available now to do so."

Mosfatt nodded an he begun to head to the basement. Hayden joined you and the Akashic.
"I will come with the two of you, if the spell to give the vampire's thoughts a voice fails you might need my aid, if all go well though I have a few other things to attend to but you have my number if you need me Mr Roth Hicks."
The Flambeau said as the three of you headed to the basement.

You got to the room Carmon where kept in, the vampire had been given a pillow and a radio played some music in the background. Mosfatt let you go in first before he entered himself and he said softly not to scare the wounded creature.
"I am going to cast a spell to try to let your thoughts sound in the room for the rest of us to hear, to give you a voice in your condition, it will not harm you or hurt."
He said and you saw Carmon's dark eyes turn to the Akashic nervously and then to you, seeing you those pain filled eyes seamed to light but a bit.

Mosfatt begun to almost dance, he went through a number of slowing stances and motions, each one precise and carefully entered before he suddenly stopped and clasped his hands in front of him.
"If you try to focus on what you wish to say now Sir, it can take a bit of effort to get the hang of it."
He said to Carmon and the vampire hesitated before you saw in his eyes that he concentrated and you heard his voice, a voice your soul knew very well and which you had not heard for so long.
"Ehm...hello..."
The voice was weak, just a slight whisper and it seamed to come from everywhere and nowhere but you can could hear it.
"Quite...and...interesting bit of...spellcasting Sir..."
The voice sounded and Mosfatt smiled a little.
"My pleasure Sir."
The the Akashic turned to you.
"I will leave you alone with him then and give you some privacy but I will be right outside if you need me."
He said and Hayden added.
"It seams I will not be needed then, it was good to see you again, remember to call me if you need my help."
The the other Hermetic left the cell and so did Mosfatt.

There was silence for a while then you hear Carmon's voice sounding in the air again.
"You came back...for me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:17 am

Jeremy wrote:"Meh, it's a pretty cool place. Personally I think it could use some improvements." Serge said with a smile about the world in general.
Colin grinned wryly, "Quite a lot of improvements, really - but it's a mostly decent world all the same."

Jeremy wrote:"I have a dozen of different sketchbooks. Larger ones like the one I used on my first day. Smaller one like this." Serge said shaking the notepad. "I think I might have some index cards as well lying around somewhere. Those could work."
He nodded, "There's a chap in Chicago who uses a Magic deck for his workings, actually - not that I inquired about his methods beyond that."

Anja wrote:"That is true but it is far easier to commit to sit down to watch three episodes then you know twenty, so a miniseries is still far easier to see."
The other Orphan commented.
He smiled, "True enough - and the format seems to be still going strong on regular TV networks."

Anja wrote:"He have been kept alive through magick then? That is...impressive, and horrible, but most impressive."
The Artificer said and nodded.
"Why are he staying alive I hear those who loose their Avatars just want to die?"
He asked and shuddered.
He frowned, "To end the vampire responsible... The two have a peculiar relationship, you could say. In any case, he's not the sort to let himself simply leave with unfinished business."

Anja wrote:The Artificer raised and eyebrow at that.
He grinned, "4 farthings to a penny, 4 pence to a groat, sixpence to a tanner, 12 pence to a shilling... let's see how it worked now... two shillings were a florin, five shillings were a crown, twenty shillings to a sovereign, or a one-pound gold coin, twenty-one shillings to a guinea, and of course, there were half-crowns, half-sovereigns and half-guinea coins in circulation, too... and that inelegant archaic monetary system lasted until 1971. I'm honestly just grateful they finally adopted the decimal currency before I could worry about it."

Jeremy wrote:"I gotta prove my worth to the cabal somehow." Serge said with a light-hearted shrug. "And I've always wanted to go to Horizon so this will benefit all of us equally instead of just me."
Anja wrote:"Well it seams you have already been useful, but yes we could use your help both for gathering funds and for our business on Horizon."
The large Orphan said.
He nodded, "You helped keep the Chantry calm in the hours leading up to the assault, and kept an eye on the most defenseless people present; there's no questioning your value. Only how well others might recognize it."

Anja wrote:"Yeah you spoke about that rote of yours, that might indeed raise some funds, I am sure many would be interested in learning it and if you get something published in the Paradigma I do think that they pay."
Bruce agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"That's a good idea. I'll try to see what I can fit into my schedule too but honestly it's pretty full at the moment."
Anja wrote:"I could make and sell some minor enchantments and the like, they might not last forever but should last long enough to be a product that might earn me a bit of cash."
Bruce chimed in.
He pondered, "I generally sell my lucky charms for five dollars apiece; assuming a straight conversion, that would make them four narins each, or two to a dram, and the simple luck boost should hold for up to about half a year... does that sound overpriced, if I were to hock them for Tass?"

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"You can like toss fireballs and stuff like mages in books?"
Trina asked then her blonde friend asked.
"Yeah I am curious as well, as for puncturing...the vampires I guess bullets will do that but they heal pretty quickly."
He grinned, "Not exactly - not yet - but I can create shards of primal energy that look a lot like a flame, only differently coloured depending on what I use to fuel it... and I can create a gust of wind that is scarcely noticable by ordinary people, but extremely painful to most magical beings. And I can look at places some distance away in space and time. Among other things."

Anja wrote:"I will get back to you once I have spoken with the guests then and we can discuss further plans once we have more information."
The Security Chief said.
He nodded, "And I'll assist with initial battleground preparations here in the meantime. There's a moderately powerful spirit of the junkyard here; I'd rather not disturb it, but it might prove a useful ally in a pinch... unfortunately, it might be hard to predict which side it will chose to ally with."

Anja wrote:"I do have a spare key yes, Miss Bouchard can just tell whoever she sends to get her gear to come to the security office and I will give it to them there."
The old Hermetic confirmed.
He nodded, "I will confirm this to her. Later, then."

((OOC: Yeah, it's not post-illness fatigue, it's more mid-illness fatigue; just four days into a ten-day antibiotic treatment, so I'll probably get to enjoy a lot more headache and tiredness as the week goes on. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:25 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He nodded, "There's a chap in Chicago who uses a Magic deck for his workings, actually - not that I inquired about his methods beyond that."

"Is he the magick fortune-telling mute kid? I met him but didn't see any decks." Serge said remembering the mute child that he had met so long ago. "Think you might be referring to someone else."

Colin wrote:He smiled, "True enough - and the format seems to be still going strong on regular TV networks."

"Yeah but regular tv networks aren't really that strong themselves. More and more people are cancelling cable and switching to netflix services." Serge said.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "You helped keep the Chantry calm in the hours leading up to the assault, and kept an eye on the most defenseless people present; there's no questioning your value. Only how well others might recognize it."

"That's true. I proved myself to the chantry well enough." Serge said thoughtfully. "Still need to pay you guys back anyways. For accepting me into the cabal."

Anja wrote:"I could make and sell some minor enchantments and the like, they might not last forever but should last long enough to be a product that might earn me a bit of cash."
Bruce chimed in.

"Wonder if any mages would exchange tass for a drawing?" Serge said incredulously, knowing full well that no one would do that. "Maybe for large-scale drawings. Maybe...wonder if any mages need to have a giant room decorated?"

Colin wrote:He pondered, "I generally sell my lucky charms for five dollars apiece; assuming a straight conversion, that would make them four narins each, or two to a dram, and the simple luck boost should hold for up to about half a year... does that sound overpriced, if I were to hock them for Tass?"

"You could probably convince them that their worth it. Do a little salesmen pitch, get their attention, hype them up, make them believe that they want it. Basically be the sham-wow guy and people will start throwing tass at you for those things." Serge said with a smile enjoying the mental image of Colin as an over enthusiastic infomercial salesmen.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:37 am

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Heh... long periods of scowling and flexing out, then short ones where I've got to cash the cheques my ass wrote.' Nicole replied, giving a wry little smile. 'Rather like the Army, really. Except here I get to actually do shit which helps, rather than being sent off to die in some godforsaken hole for rich fuckers.'

Colin's Post:

'Fire puts me closer to enemy. Some of those fuckers have shit like claws and tentacles. If I go into trading blows in close quarters, I'm utterly fucked.' Nicole replied evenly. 'Hit hard, at range, ideally from behind or flank... that's why I'm still here.'

Colin's Post:

'Fuck... my stuff's everywhere. I could be ages trying to describe to another what I want and where it is. Plus, need to change. See if you can rally anybody else at base - another sharpshooter or two would be good; nobody likes coming under fire from several directions at once. They can come back here with me.' pulling a bit of a face. 'Not like we can do much here; too much movement will set off alarm-bells. I can nudge a couple of the junkers out of the way with my Vic; widen the killzone and deny cover.'

[Nicole's Phone]

Anja's Post:

'Didnt feel the blade which got lodged in my arm last week.' Nicole texted back. 'Dont have time for a visit. Skype? Email?'

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Oh, hi.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'Nah, not disturbing anything. Want to come in?'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Heh. Don't be taken in by the fancy name: it was juvie. If you don't know what that is, it's a prison school with lots of free sedatives.'

Serge's Post:

'Well, yeah. Thought that was normal, like.'

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Who said using it to take others down? Hearing the gossip can help you get how different folk think and why. Never know when that would be useful in a honest way.'

[Admittedly, many of the pre-decimal coins weren't seen much - either minted long ago or stupidly high value - nobody counted in florins, guineas were only used for high-end billing and most folk usually used variants of shilling.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:47 am

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Heh. Don't be taken in by the fancy name: it was juvie. If you don't know what that is, it's a prison school with lots of free sedatives.'

"I know what juvie is. It's prison for kids or at least that's what I always assumed. You hear about it a lot when the 'rebellious badboy' character shows up in sitcoms." Serge said.

"Weren't you in the military though? Won't lie I might've just assumed that." he asked next.

Nicole wrote:'Well, yeah. Thought that was normal, like.'

"Bet I could find a guy who saw or remembered you during that drunken journey." Serge said thoughtfully looking down at the picture. "You know, if it wasn't a complete waste of time and effort and served any purpose other than sating my dangerous curiosity."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:18 am

[Cabal Meeting]

"Meh, it's a pretty cool place. Personally I think it could use some improvements." Serge said with a smile about the world in general.

"It's a work in progress."

"That's true. I proved myself to the chantry well enough." Serge said thoughtfully. "Still need to pay you guys back anyways. For accepting me into the cabal."

"You don't have to pay us back. You helped my sis--...well, I suppose she is now your cabalmate as well now. I will always be grateful for that. I couldn't be with her, and it meant a great deal knowing someone was able to help her when I was away and she was upset. The same with my brother."

"Wonder if any mages would exchange tass for a drawing?" Serge said incredulously, knowing full well that no one would do that. "Maybe for large-scale drawings. Maybe...wonder if any mages need to have a giant room decorated?"

"Some of the ritual rooms need to be periodically painted, I know some people use that time to imbue their areas or to do meditations."

Mosfatt nodded an he begun to head to the basement. Hayden joined you and the Akashic. "I will come with the two of you, if the spell to give the vampire's thoughts a voice fails you might need my aid, if all go well though I have a few other things to attend to but you have my number if you need me Mr Roth Hicks."

"Thank you." He followed them downstairs. "I will call you sodalis, if I need your aid."

You got to the room Carmon where kept in, the vampire had been given a pillow and a radio played some music in the background. Mosfatt let you go in first before he entered himself and he said softly not to scare the wounded creature. "I am going to cast a spell to try to let your thoughts sound in the room for the rest of us to hear, to give you a voice in your condition, it will not harm you or hurt." He said and you saw Carmon's dark eyes turn to the Akashic nervously and then to you, seeing you those pain filled eyes seamed to light but a bit.

He'd seen him before and knew what to expect but it still looked terrible all the same. He saw the glance to him and said, "He is just trying to help us to communicate in a safe and somewhat private manner without hurting you," he reassured him. He stood out of the way, not really knowing what the Akashic was going to do in order to make the spell work. He'd seen Richard beat the crap out of things and also apply medicine in equal measure and skill but what Mosfatt did was like either of those. It was more like watching someone do moving meditations he'd seen a few times that older people did in the parks.

"If you try to focus on what you wish to say now Sir, it can take a bit of effort to get the hang of it." He said to Carmon and the vampire hesitated before you saw in his eyes that he concentrated and you heard his voice, a voice your soul knew very well and which you had not heard for so long.
"Ehm...hello..."
The voice was weak, just a slight whisper and it seamed to come from everywhere and nowhere but you can could hear it.
"Quite...and...interesting bit of...spellcasting Sir..."
The voice sounded and Mosfatt smiled a little.
"My pleasure Sir."
The the Akashic turned to you. "I will leave you alone with him then and give you some privacy but I will be right outside if you need me."
He said and Hayden added.
"It seams I will not be needed then, it was good to see you again, remember to call me if you need my help."
The the other Hermetic left the cell and so did Mosfatt.

It was certainly strange to hear a disembodied voice, but it was definitely Carmon even if he personally had never heard it. He sounded so weak though. "Thank you," he said again with a nod of his head to them both. He glanced around to see if there was a stool to sit on instead of leaning over to speak with Carmon, though he supposed he would see his face better that way in any case.

There was silence for a while then you hear Carmon's voice sounding in the air again. "You came back...for me."

"Yes, as I said I would, unless death happened to stop me before I could keep my word. Thankfully, that was avoided," he added, careful to avoid looking him right ini the eyes. "We have some things to discuss. I'm sorry that it took so long. I am sorry for many things. I know you are in pain. While I believe your voice may not be heard outside the room I can try to cast a spell to ensure it, though it is a bit taxing at the moment. Also my voice will be heard anyway, due to a...peculiarity, so at times I will write things down for you if I think it is sensitive. It has been a long time since we heard your voice," he said.

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'Who said using it to take others down? Hearing the gossip can help you get how different folk think and why. Never know when that would be useful in a honest way.'

"Most gossip is not a positive experience for those being gossiped about, that's why I say it's used to talk others down. As for the rest, a simple conversation of any sort can have the same effect. Asking after opinions, discussing things they enjoy and for advice not the same as gossiping."

// ugh, mid-illness fatigue then : (

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:24 am

He smiled, "True enough - and the format seems to be still going strong on regular TV networks."

Bruce nodded at that and he grunted approvingly.

He frowned, "To end the vampire responsible... The two have a peculiar relationship, you could say. In any case, he's not the sort to let himself simply leave with unfinished business."

"I see I guess what happened was that he was turned then, and then resurrected but his Avatar was still shattered?"
Bruce asked and he frowned.

He grinned, "4 farthings to a penny, 4 pence to a groat, sixpence to a tanner, 12 pence to a shilling... let's see how it worked now... two shillings were a florin, five shillings were a crown, twenty shillings to a sovereign, or a one-pound gold coin, twenty-one shillings to a guinea, and of course, there were half-crowns, half-sovereigns and half-guinea coins in circulation, too... and that inelegant archaic monetary system lasted until 1971. I'm honestly just grateful they finally adopted the decimal currency before I could worry about it."

"Well damn I would need a cheat sheet for that."
The other Orphan said wit a grin.
"The coin system on Horizon is not quite as complicated."

He pondered, "I generally sell my lucky charms for five dollars apiece; assuming a straight conversion, that would make them four narins each, or two to a dram, and the simple luck boost should hold for up to about half a year... does that sound overpriced, if I were to hock them for Tass?"

"One Narin is one eight of a dram, and there is about eight dollars per narin."
Bruce said.
"So I think the conversion is wrong but I guess you could make charms and try to sell them for Tass."

"Yeah but regular tv networks aren't really that strong themselves. More and more people are cancelling cable and switching to netflix services." Serge said.

"Well Netflix are useful after all and practical."
Bruce said and he nodded.

"Well we need to get to know one another kid but do not sell yourself short there are many Cabals who would be happy to have you, after all you bring allot to the table, you do not need to pay us back, just try to be a good friend."
The Artificer said and he gave the young Cultist was kind smile.

"Beatrice got two drams of Tass for a painting she made of Horizon and the house the Chief grew up in there."
Bruce said.
"However that was a full oil painting that took her many hours to complete, the Chief have it hanging on the wall of his living room."

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He grinned, "Not exactly - not yet - but I can create shards of primal energy that look a lot like a flame, only differently coloured depending on what I use to fuel it... and I can create a gust of wind that is scarcely noticable by ordinary people, but extremely painful to most magical beings. And I can look at places some distance away in space and time. Among other things."

"That is still pretty cool."
Trina said and her friends nodded.
"Sounds like that is something you can use to fight against...them, if you are fast enough."
They added.

He nodded, "And I'll assist with initial battleground preparations here in the meantime. There's a moderately powerful spirit of the junkyard here; I'd rather not disturb it, but it might prove a useful ally in a pinch... unfortunately, it might be hard to predict which side it will chose to ally with."

"Hum, well it might be worth trying to contact this spirit and talk with it and see if it will help or at least stay out of the way."
Jeffry said.
"Very well if you have a look at the coming battleground then, get as good of an overview as possible."

He nodded, "I will confirm this to her. Later, then."

"Very well Mr Wainwright, anything else then?"
The old Flambeau asked.

Heh... long periods of scowling and flexing out, then short ones where I've got to cash the cheques my ass wrote.' Nicole replied, giving a wry little smile. 'Rather like the Army, really. Except here I get to actually do shit which helps, rather than being sent off to die in some godforsaken hole for rich fuckers.'

Trina nodded at that.
"I guess you are right about that, and we do really appreciate the help."
They said.
"Though I do worry about how dangerous this will be."
They added and the other teenagers nodded.
"Still you are kick ass!"
The blond girl added sounding impressed.
"Really kick ass."

[Nicole's Phone]

Didnt feel the blade which got lodged in my arm last week.' Nicole texted back. 'Dont have time for a visit. Skype? Email?'

You got a reply back.
"I can work on giving you better sensations in the arm. Skype works for me, when is a good time for you, I heard you had gotten a new job."

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Oh, hi.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'Nah, not disturbing anything. Want to come in?'

"Thank you Miss Bouchard yes that would be nice."
The alchemist said politely.

"Thank you." He followed them downstairs. "I will call you sodalis, if I need your aid."

Hayden nodded at that.
"Good."

He'd seen him before and knew what to expect but it still looked terrible all the same. He saw the glance to him and said, "He is just trying to help us to communicate in a safe and somewhat private manner without hurting you," he reassured him. He stood out of the way, not really knowing what the Akashic was going to do in order to make the spell work. He'd seen Richard beat the crap out of things and also apply medicine in equal measure and skill but what Mosfatt did was like either of those. It was more like watching someone do moving meditations he'd seen a few times that older people did in the parks.

Carmon seamed to settle down a little when you spoke to him, but he was scared and in pain, you could see the agony in his eyes, he watched Mosfatt cast his spell nervously as if he did not fully trust that the Akashic did not want to harm him.

It was certainly strange to hear a disembodied voice, but it was definitely Carmon even if he personally had never heard it. He sounded so weak though. "Thank you," he said again with a nod of his head to them both. He glanced around to see if there was a stool to sit on instead of leaning over to speak with Carmon, though he supposed he would see his face better that way in any case.

There where no stool there but there where a pillow on the floor that you could sit on, it was large enough to be comfortable. Mosfatt gave you a nod as you thanked him before he left the room and closed the door, leaving you alone with the wounded creature on the floor. Carmon's eyes followed you as you moved around the room.

"Yes, as I said I would, unless death happened to stop me before I could keep my word. Thankfully, that was avoided," he added, careful to avoid looking him right ini the eyes.

"I am thankful that death did not find you and that you are still among the living."
Carmon said his voice a soft whisper in the room.

"We have some things to discuss. I'm sorry that it took so long. I am sorry for many things. I know you are in pain. While I believe your voice may not be heard outside the room I can try to cast a spell to ensure it, though it is a bit taxing at the moment. Also my voice will be heard anyway, due to a...peculiarity, so at times I will write things down for you if I think it is sensitive. It has been a long time since we heard your voice," he said.

"There was things that needed to be done."
Charmon said.
"I understand and yes the stake bring...agony but the mages here are worried about my Clan and they should be worried, I accept their secuity meassures you do not need to be sorry about it."
He added there was a kindness and grief in his voice.
"I will try to focus enough to read, but I can not promise to be able to, it takes all I have to...form these words, to focus my toughts."
He said.
"Such a protective spell would be welcome but if you are wounded then it might be better not to."
The vampire said then he was silent for a while before he spoke again, his voice softly and tenative and switched to Latin, which he was more used to than English.
"You are Ernje are you not, his reincarnation, I...recognized you even if you look nothing like he did."
Carmon asked.
"Amicus...it have been to long..."
He added and his magickally projected voice broke with emotion.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:31 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Not sure what exactly juvie was, but knew enough to know I didn't want to be there.' Nicole said.

Serge's Post:

'Me? The Army? Hell no. They only started letting women do frontline shit couple years back - I'd have ended up as a glorified rent-a-cop guarding some pointless POS. Plus, it was just after Iraq; if I've gotta die in some shithole I'd like it to be for more than for the fucking shareholders of Halliburton, KBR and Exxon-Mobil, thanks very much.' even after a dozen years, the anger still keenly felt.

Serge's Post:

'Some questions are best left unasked or unanswered.' Nicole replied significantly, taking a long sip of her drink.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Boo hoo for the one being gossiped about.' Nicole replied dismissively. 'And asking straight out don't work; 'specially if they're all two-faced middle class types.'

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'You can say those things after we've won.' Nicole replied, giving a little grin.

[Nicole's Phone]

Anja's Post:

'What makes you say I wanted to feel that? And you said yourself putting sensors there would make replacing plates much harder. And would the BCI handle it? New job, new everything. I'll be free by 19-00 Eastern.' Nicole texted back.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

The large woman moved out of the way to let him in, then moved towards the kitchen area. 'You want a beer or soda or something?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:53 pm

[Junkyard]

'You can say those things after we've won.' Nicole replied, giving a little grin.

"Yeah perhaps it is best not to jinx it we will need all the luck we can get."
The blond girl said and Trina nodded.
"That is true but even that you want to try to take...them on mean you are bad ass."
They said with a nervous grin.

[Nicole's Phone]

'What makes you say I wanted to feel that? And you said yourself putting sensors there would make replacing plates much harder. And would the BCI handle it? New job, new everything. I'll be free by 19-00 Eastern.' Nicole texted back.

"Yes more senors would make it harder to replace plates, and no the BCI have enough trouble handling the tactile sensations you have, pain are harder to simulate, very well I will give you a call on scype around 1900 Eastern then, and congratulation with the new job."
Was the reply you got.

[Nicole's Apartment]

The large woman moved out of the way to let him in, then moved towards the kitchen area. 'You want a beer or soda or something?'

"I would not mind a beer Miss Bouchard however please do not trouble yourself on my behalf, I am the one coming here asking for favors."
Darrian said as he stepped into your apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:06 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Adley wrote:"You don't have to pay us back. You helped my sis--...well, I suppose she is now your cabalmate as well now. I will always be grateful for that. I couldn't be with her, and it meant a great deal knowing someone was able to help her when I was away and she was upset. The same with my brother."

"Happy to help. It was fun making bee's for Beatrice." Serge said with a kind smile.

Adley wrote:"Some of the ritual rooms need to be periodically painted, I know some people use that time to imbue their areas or to do meditations."

"That's the kind of stuff I'd love to do. Since I can copy exactly what they want straight from their heads. But don't most mages like to do that themselves? Since preparing the space yourself is a part of the spell or ritual in general?"

Anja wrote:"Well we need to get to know one another kid but do not sell yourself short there are many Cabals who would be happy to have you, after all you bring allot to the table, you do not need to pay us back, just try to be a good friend."

"I know I know. I have a bad habit of doing that." Serge said reciprocating the smile. "Being a good friend is something I enjoy doing and can do quite well."

Anja wrote:"Beatrice got two drams of Tass for a painting she made of Horizon and the house the Chief grew up in there."
Bruce said.
"However that was a full oil painting that took her many hours to complete, the Chief have it hanging on the wall of his living room."

"What! I can do that." Serge said somewhat excitedly. "Now I just need to find someone who wants scarily accurate drawing of something in their past."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Me? The Army? Hell no. They only started letting women do frontline shit couple years back - I'd have ended up as a glorified rent-a-cop guarding some pointless POS. Plus, it was just after Iraq; if I've gotta die in some shithole I'd like it to be for more than for the fucking shareholders of Halliburton, KBR and Exxon-Mobil, thanks very much.' even after a dozen years, the anger still keenly felt.

"Huh..don't know why I thought that. I think I used to call you 'scary military lady' the first time I saw you." Serge said curiously thinking back to the first time he had met Nicole.

"But I know you were in training for something. Something for the Sons of Ether. Ethernauts?"

Nicole wrote:'Some questions are best left unasked or unanswered.' Nicole replied significantly, taking a long sip of her drink.

"Yeah...the best questions. Or the scariest." Serge said with a small chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 pm

"Happy to help. It was fun making bee's for Beatrice." Serge said with a kind smile.

Bees for Bee, well not that is sort of claver."
Bruce said sounding amused.

"I know I know. I have a bad habit of doing that." Serge said reciprocating the smile. "Being a good friend is something I enjoy doing and can do quite well."

"I imagine that you can do so indeed, just remember not to sell yourself short in your attempt to please others, we will accept you as you are kid."
The Orphan said with a slight smile.

"What! I can do that." Serge said somewhat excitedly. "Now I just need to find someone who wants scarily accurate drawing of something in their past."

"I am sure some would be willing to pay for that, though many would be skeptical about letting you draw a memory from their minds, but yes there might be some who would pay for that indeed."
Bruce agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:21 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Yep: a grad of the Academy.' Nicole said, her pride in this evident. 'Not smart enough for officer track, which was partly why I wasn't offered Cavalry training afters. But I ain't complaining; if I'd joined the Cavalry I'd always be on duty, which would be a real pain.'

Serge's Post:

'True enough. This world would fall apart and go nuts in less than a week if everyone told the truth.' ending with a laugh.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'It's no trouble.' Nicole said, heading over to the fridge, grabbing a can and bottle of juice of some form from it and pushing it shut with her hip. After handing him the can, she put the bottle beside a beer keg with several pipes running off it and started to rummage around the counter for something. 'So, what's the problem?'

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

'Okay'. she texted back, slipped it into her spine pocket and went on her way...

At the appointed time, fired up her laptop, placing a large mug of something on the desk, then dropped into the chair, to await Baynes' call.

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'When folk are being fucked around with by vampires, I don't need to ask what side I'm on.' Nicole stated.

[Nothing else to do here... simply to wait for Colin's phone call so Nick can merge into that fork. And before you ask, I don't mind waiting. So don't push yourself, Warp!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:58 pm

[Junkyard]

'When folk are being fucked around with by vampires, I don't need to ask what side I'm on.' Nicole stated.

Trina nodded at that.
"I have nothing to replay you with other than to offer you my thanks."
They said and the other teenagers nodded at that.

[Nicole's Apartment]

'It's no trouble.' Nicole said, heading over to the fridge, grabbing a can and bottle of juice of some form from it and pushing it shut with her hip. After handing him the can, she put the bottle beside a beer keg with several pipes running off it and started to rummage around the counter for something. 'So, what's the problem?'

"Thank you Miss Bouchard."
Darrian sai as he accepted the can and he opened it and took a sip.
"It is my youngest apprentice, Cava, the girl was just sort of thrust into my care I had little choice in the matter, anyway the girl have been uneasy, it have not been easy for her to be uprooted from the Chantry who have been her home all her life and then she was sold as an apprentice and handed over to me, I want to do something nice for her, and you see the child loves cars, I did not think little girls liked machines but she do, and as I have been told you work in a workshop, would there be any way you could bring her there for a few hours, let her help out with something harmless, it would make her day."
The Alchemist requested.
"And like I said I would pay you for your time."

[Skype Call]

'Okay'. she texted back, slipped it into her spine pocket and went on her way...

At the appointed time, fired up her laptop, placing a large mug of something on the desk, then dropped into the chair, to await Baynes' call.

On the dot the right time your computer or phone made the sound it made to indicate an incoming scype call and it let you know it was Baynes calling you.

(OOC: Do you have a description for Baynes or should I make one up?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:01 pm

Adley didn't seem to like the talk that was going on about Chief Jokim over at Morningstar but the man's history was not especially secret. Still, it was unseeming to discuss it and besides, the subject matter made him uneasy for it reminded him that Carmon was laying with a stake through his chest waiting for him to go back there.

"That's the kind of stuff I'd love to do. Since I can copy exactly what they want straight from their heads. But don't most mages like to do that themselves? Since preparing the space yourself is a part of the spell or ritual in general?"

"Often they do but sometimes they need help if the room is particularly large and their apprentices are busy or not skilled at making such things well yet. Perhaps you could offer to paint a mural for a memorial after all this battle, something to keep the spirits of the chantry up would be welcome."

"I am sure some would be willing to pay for that, though many would be skeptical about letting you draw a memory from their minds, but yes there might be some who would pay for that indeed."
Bruce agreed.

A frown appeared on his face for a moment. There were some portraits he'd like of things from the past, but he was unsure if it was appropriate or even safe. Then again, he was broke and could ill afford them anyway. "I am sure there are some people who would be interested."

There where no stool there but there where a pillow on the floor that you could sit on, it was large enough to be comfortable. Mosfatt gave you a nod as you thanked him before he left the room and closed the door, leaving you alone with the wounded creature on the floor. Carmon's eyes followed you as you moved around the room.

He moved the pillow so he could kneel down, trying not to look as if it hurt more than it should for such a simple action. He was generally used to sitting in meditation undisturbed for long periods of time and here he was reduced to finding a cushy pillow problematic enough to be annoying.

"I am thankful that death did not find you and that you are still among the living." Carmon said his voice a soft whisper in the room.

"As always our enemies tried their hardest to see otherwise but we have prevailed in our recent battles."

I will try to focus enough to read, but I can not promise to be able to, it takes all I have to...form these words, to focus my toughts."
He said. "Such a protective spell would be welcome but if you are wounded then it might be better not to."

"I see. I didn't realise that it would take this much effort and strain you so, though it was better than the alternatives. Either way, I will be heard through the door at the very least but you should be able to talk freely enough without being casually overheard if I try it," he offered. "Is it so easy to tell I got an injury?"

"You are Ernje are you not, his reincarnation, I...recognized you even if you look nothing like he did." Carmon asked. "Amicus...it have been to long..."

If Latin was his first language, or at least one he preferred he supposed it might be easier to use that. It seemed there was no use denying what the man could plainly see before his eyes so he gave him a pensive nod. He could look no different than Erjne if he tried but it was true. "So you see why I have come back, to hear your request. It is the least that we could have done, yet you deserve so much more."

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'Boo hoo for the one being gossiped about.' Nicole replied dismissively. 'And asking straight out don't work; 'specially if they're all two-faced middle class types.'

"It seems we've reached a conclusion to this conversation, since I have no desire to follow those lines of thoughts further. Let's talk about something else, shall we?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Is he the magick fortune-telling mute kid? I met him but didn't see any decks." Serge said remembering the mute child that he had met so long ago. "Think you might be referring to someone else."
Colin shook his head, "No, the chap I met was quite conversational, and a man grown."

Jeremy wrote:"Yeah but regular tv networks aren't really that strong themselves. More and more people are cancelling cable and switching to netflix services." Serge said.
Anja wrote:"Well Netflix are useful after all and practical."
Bruce said and he nodded.
He smiled thinly, "You forget - or perhaps you were simply unaware - but anyone with a pair of rabbit antennae can still receive local stations without cable. When everyone switched to digital, there was apparently some federal requirement that local stations still broadcast over the airwaves like before. So while that's primarily a service used by seniors these days, I could easily see a resurgence in the younger generation to avoid cable fees."

Anja wrote:"I see I guess what happened was that he was turned then, and then resurrected but his Avatar was still shattered?"
Bruce asked and he frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley didn't seem to like the talk that was going on about Chief Jokim over at Morningstar but the man's history was not especially secret. Still, it was unseeming to discuss it and besides, the subject matter made him uneasy for it reminded him that Carmon was laying with a stake through his chest waiting for him to go back there.
He glanced over at Adley and nodded slightly, "That would seem to be the case... but, it's not my story to tell, really - but it is a good example of how one can find something to cling on to even when everything seems lost. And he's a capable Linear Mage, too, so that's something..."

Jeremy wrote:"That's true. I proved myself to the chantry well enough." Serge said thoughtfully. "Still need to pay you guys back anyways. For accepting me into the cabal."
Anja wrote:"Well we need to get to know one another kid but do not sell yourself short there are many Cabals who would be happy to have you, after all you bring allot to the table, you do not need to pay us back, just try to be a good friend."
Jeremy wrote:"I know I know. I have a bad habit of doing that." Serge said reciprocating the smile. "Being a good friend is something I enjoy doing and can do quite well."
Jeremy wrote:"I imagine that you can do so indeed, just remember not to sell yourself short in your attempt to please others, we will accept you as you are kid."
The Orphan said with a slight smile.
S7trif3 wrote:"You don't have to pay us back. You helped my sis--...well, I suppose she is now your cabalmate as well now. I will always be grateful for that. I couldn't be with her, and it meant a great deal knowing someone was able to help her when I was away and she was upset. The same with my brother."
Jeremy wrote:"Happy to help. It was fun making bee's for Beatrice." Serge said with a kind smile.
Anja wrote:Bees for Bee, well not that is sort of claver."
He smiled thinly, "Consider it like this, we called dibs on you; that means you have something we wanted to add to our own. Which means if anyone has anything to prove here, it would be the rest of us."

Anja wrote:"Well damn I would need a cheat sheet for that."
The other Orphan said wit a grin.
"The coin system on Horizon is not quite as complicated."
He nodded, "I may have exaggerated a little - but yes, the old system was cumbersome. And the primary excuse for stalling the conversion to decimal was that the decimal system was too confusing."

Jeremy wrote:"Wonder if any mages would exchange tass for a drawing?" Serge said incredulously, knowing full well that no one would do that. "Maybe for large-scale drawings. Maybe...wonder if any mages need to have a giant room decorated?"
Anja wrote:"Beatrice got two drams of Tass for a painting she made of Horizon and the house the Chief grew up in there."
Bruce said.
Jeremy wrote:"What! I can do that." Serge said somewhat excitedly. "Now I just need to find someone who wants scarily accurate drawing of something in their past."
Anja wrote:"I am sure some would be willing to pay for that, though many would be skeptical about letting you draw a memory from their minds, but yes there might be some who would pay for that indeed."
Bruce agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:A frown appeared on his face for a moment. There were some portraits he'd like of things from the past, but he was unsure if it was appropriate or even safe. Then again, he was broke and could ill afford them anyway. "I am sure there are some people who would be interested."
He pondered for a moment, "You know, if you were to paint a few pictures and hang them up in the common room with a 'for sale' sticker, you never know what might sell overnight. Perhaps a swan could make for a good painting, for example."

S7trif3 wrote:"Some of the ritual rooms need to be periodically painted, I know some people use that time to imbue their areas or to do meditations."
Jeremy wrote:"That's the kind of stuff I'd love to do. Since I can copy exactly what they want straight from their heads. But don't most mages like to do that themselves? Since preparing the space yourself is a part of the spell or ritual in general?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Often they do but sometimes they need help if the room is particularly large and their apprentices are busy or not skilled at making such things well yet. Perhaps you could offer to paint a mural for a memorial after all this battle, something to keep the spirits of the chantry up would be welcome."
He pondered, "The ritual rooms would probably not be redesigned by each user - keep in mind those are essentially communal spaces, so if, say, Miss Mandis decided to paint one of the ritual rooms according to the motifs and symbology of her own Tradition, it might cause some disagreements with others... That said, I have thought for some time that the Node Chamber might feel a little warmer with a portrait of Master Steelhaven on the wall, whether as a mural or a hung painting."

Anja wrote:"One Narin is one eight of a dram, and there is about eight dollars per narin."
Bruce said.
"So I think the conversion is wrong but I guess you could make charms and try to sell them for Tass."
He nodded, "Right, one narin to the ten dollars, not one dram... my slip. So, two charms to the narin, would that sound reasonable? Or would I be able to demand more, you think?"

Jeremy wrote:"You could probably convince them that their worth it. Do a little salesmen pitch, get their attention, hype them up, make them believe that they want it. Basically be the sham-wow guy and people will start throwing tass at you for those things." Serge said with a smile enjoying the mental image of Colin as an over enthusiastic infomercial salesmen.
He grimaced, "Oh, God no, anything but pitching to a crowd... Well, almost anything but that."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"That is still pretty cool."
Trina said and her friends nodded.
"Sounds like that is something you can use to fight against...them, if you are fast enough."
They added.
He nodded, "A modest ability to see the future helps with that... and a bit of ready-made luck."

Nicole wrote:'Heh... long periods of scowling and flexing out, then short ones where I've got to cash the cheques my ass wrote.' Nicole replied, giving a wry little smile. 'Rather like the Army, really. Except here I get to actually do shit which helps, rather than being sent off to die in some godforsaken hole for rich fuckers.'
Anja wrote:Trina nodded at that.
"I guess you are right about that, and we do really appreciate the help."
They said.
"Though I do worry about how dangerous this will be."
They added and the other teenagers nodded.
"Still you are kick ass!"
The blond girl added sounding impressed.
"Really kick ass."
Nicole wrote:'You can say those things after we've won.' Nicole replied, giving a little grin.
Anja wrote:"Yeah perhaps it is best not to jinx it we will need all the luck we can get."
The blond girl said and Trina nodded.
"That is true but even that you want to try to take...them on mean you are bad ass."
They said with a nervous grin.
Nicole wrote:'When folk are being fucked around with by vampires, I don't need to ask what side I'm on.' Nicole stated.
Anja wrote:Trina nodded at that.
"I have nothing to replay you with other than to offer you my thanks."
They said and the other teenagers nodded at that.
He grinned, "Well, it's hardly as though you'd be put in a foxhole right away. You would probably wind up as a mechanic, either servicing tanks or aircraft, I'd wager... and your method of choosing sides is sound enough."

Nicole wrote:'Fire puts me closer to enemy. Some of those fuckers have shit like claws and tentacles. If I go into trading blows in close quarters, I'm utterly fucked.' Nicole replied evenly. 'Hit hard, at range, ideally from behind or flank... that's why I'm still here.'
He grinned, "What, you're saying you don't have a sawed-off shotgun with a couple of Dragon's Breath shells?"

Nicole wrote:'Fuck... my stuff's everywhere. I could be ages trying to describe to another what I want and where it is. Plus, need to change. See if you can rally anybody else at base - another sharpshooter or two would be good; nobody likes coming under fire from several directions at once. They can come back here with me.' pulling a bit of a face. 'Not like we can do much here; too much movement will set off alarm-bells. I can nudge a couple of the junkers out of the way with my Vic; widen the killzone and deny cover.'
He nodded, "I'll ask the Chief about a spare key, nevertheless - you might want to hand one to someone you trust in any case."

Anja wrote:"Hum, well it might be worth trying to contact this spirit and talk with it and see if it will help or at least stay out of the way."
Jeffry said.
"Very well if you have a look at the coming battleground then, get as good of an overview as possible."
He nodded, "I'll try to get a friendly word in with the spirit, then. And I'll see about sending you a few pictures of the area maps, if viable."

Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Wainwright, anything else then?"
The old Flambeau asked.
He shrugged, "That should probably be about it for now. Miss Bouchard did mention marksmen, though - not sure how many we have of those, but we'll certainly need some hard and fast hitters... We'll talk in a little bit, then, Sir."

After Morgan hung up, he sent a quick message to Anna, 'Sweetie, could you get the set of computing books from the bottom right shelf by the door, and deliver them to the Chief's office?'

((OOC: Oh, I know most of the denominations weren't usually used for counting in - but the old pre-decimal system WAS a bit clunky. Though I do like the idea of using guineas instead of sovereigns when one knew the recipient could need the extra shilling, but would refuse any attempts at charity or blatant tipping...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:18 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:Bees for Bee, well not that is sort of claver."

"She likes bees." Serge said with a smile. "Can't say the being surrounded by buzzing bees was the first I thought of when I was thinking about how to calm her down, but it seemed to work.

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "You forget - or perhaps you were simply unaware - but anyone with a pair of rabbit antennae can still receive local stations without cable. When everyone switched to digital, there was apparently some federal requirement that local stations still broadcast over the airwaves like before. So while that's primarily a service used by seniors these days, I could easily see a resurgence in the younger generation to avoid cable fees."

"I don't think that'll ever happen." Serge said shaking his head. "If the younger generation wants to avoid cable or netflix fees there's plenty of other ways than going back to the stone age that is antennae and satellite dishes. I don't even remember ever using one of those...just seeing it rot away in our basement as a kid."

Adley wrote:"Often they do but sometimes they need help if the room is particularly large and their apprentices are busy or not skilled at making such things well yet. Perhaps you could offer to paint a mural for a memorial after all this battle, something to keep the spirits of the chantry up would be welcome."

"I don't think I have enough knowledge of the battle to do a proper memorial. But I wouldn't mind trying to make a large-scale mural one day. Maybe just a mural of all the mages of this chantry, talking and having fun with each other and going about their daily lives. Just to remind everyone that at the end of all this craziness we still have friends within the chantry." Serge said slowly creating image in his mind as he spoke of it. "Where would I even put something like that?"

Colin wrote:He pondered, "The ritual rooms would probably not be redesigned by each user - keep in mind those are essentially communal spaces, so if, say, Miss Mandis decided to paint one of the ritual rooms according to the motifs and symbology of her own Tradition, it might cause some disagreements with others... That said, I have thought for some time that the Node Chamber might feel a little warmer with a portrait of Master Steelhaven on the wall, whether as a mural or a hung painting."

"The node room feels warm enough as it is. Although a picture of Master Steelhaven would certainly give the room some more oomph." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"I am sure some would be willing to pay for that, though many would be skeptical about letting you draw a memory from their minds, but yes there might be some who would pay for that indeed."
Bruce agreed.
Adley wrote:A frown appeared on his face for a moment. There were some portraits he'd like of things from the past, but he was unsure if it was appropriate or even safe. Then again, he was broke and could ill afford them anyway. "I am sure there are some people who would be interested."

"Now I just need to find them." Serge said with a sigh, knowing that would be the harder part of this endeavor.

Colin wrote:He pondered for a moment, "You know, if you were to paint a few pictures and hang them up in the common room with a 'for sale' sticker, you never know what might sell overnight. Perhaps a swan could make for a good painting, for example."

"Am I allowed to do that? Just hang up pictures in the common room?" Serge said with a strange spark in his eyes. "And be careful how you answer that. Cause....well let's just say I make a lot of pictures. A lot."

Colin wrote:He grimaced, "Oh, God no, anything but pitching to a crowd... Well, almost anything but that."

"Why a crowd? Do it one on one. Get up and personal. Make them feel those raw emotions." Serge suggested.

"Make eye contact. Shake their hands. Say, 'Hey how's your day going? Good? Awesome! I can make it better! How would you like an artifact made by the greatest mage of our time? Wait! Don't answer. Obviously your gonna say yes. How can you say no? But I'll sweeten the deal further. It just ain't any old artifact. It's a luck charm! You know what you can do with a luck charm? Everything baby!'." the ecstatic said, beginning to talk rapidly in the same cadence as a con-artist.

[Serge's Adventures]

Nicole wrote:'Yep: a grad of the Academy.' Nicole said, her pride in this evident. 'Not smart enough for officer track, which was partly why I wasn't offered Cavalry training afters. But I ain't complaining; if I'd joined the Cavalry I'd always be on duty, which would be a real pain.'

"The sons of Ether have a Cavalry?" Serge said with a confused look on his face, imagining mad laser wielding scientist mounted on top of robot horses. "I'm..probably thinking in the wrong direction. Anyways what did you learn in the Academy? Sounds like a cool place and you seemed to like it."

Nicole wrote:'True enough. This world would fall apart and go nuts in less than a week if everyone told the truth.' ending with a laugh.

Serge laughed as well, "Man, ain't that the truth. Funnily enough I might learn how to do that soon."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:58 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

A puzzled frown as Darrian began, Nicole finding a glass jug and eyeing it critically. Paused on mentioning the child being sold; body language making it clear she positively despised the concept. As he provided details the large woman apparently fussed over this jug, pouring several different powders into it, then finally pouring around a half-litre of juice into it.

'Girls don't like machines? But the vacuum, cooker and washer are machines.' she commented wryly, the smirk making it clear this was a joke as she inspected a butter knife. 'Okay... think you need to start this from the top, me; who is Cava, why is she here and are you looking after her?' wiping said knife with a paper towel and using the former to stir her concoction, which had gone an odd cloudy tan colour.

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

Lazily, Nicole accepted the call on the laptop, the other hand looking around to locate a packet of cigarettes.

[Does Baynes need a description? Let's say for the utterly random chance he appears in the flesh he's Dick Strawbridge ]

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'You know what else is ended; vaudeville. Killed by talkies.' Nicole quipped in an attempt at a baritone, proceeding to hum "Galloping Gertie" a la Family Guy.

'Speaking of which, would it honestly kill you to talk to others more often? Can't help but help notice you seem to limit it to mainly other Hermetics. Heh... quite punny.'

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

'Foxhole, ditch, field, burning Humvee... place kinda irrelevant.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug. 'If the brass got over the twins issue, thought that I'd end up a combat engineer or pioneer myself, which meant my KIA would have been "blown up by land mine after learning my "detector" only picked up golf balls".'

Colin's Post:

'Sawn-off has shitty range, Dragons are expensive as fuck and overrated. Simple 12-guage flare better, as it continues to burn.' ending with a smirk. 'Want me to swing past a outdoors store and pick up a few of those plastic flare-guns?'

Colin's Post:

Seeing Colin was free, Nicole turned back to Colin. 'So, what's the plan... if any.'

[Oh, old £/s/d was clunky, though less clunky than say a Wikipedia page shows. It was partly so clunky 'cos successive governments accepted 'decimalisation is a good idea' on the theoretical level but baulked at actually doing it; this meant the old system didn't get reformed [resizing the too large/heavy penny, dealing with the chronic shortages of "large silver" - meaning there was usually nothing between a shilling and a ten-shilling note etc] which meant it's clunkiness became even more chronic with time]

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge'sPost:

'Cavalry as a role, not as a means of transport.' Nicole replied. 'Scouts, mobile reserve, fast-moving strike teams - many mundie armies still have units of tanks and helicopters called it.'

'The Sky Cavalry is the military end of the Society. They crew the ships, garrison the outposts, provide the martial backbone. If you ever see more than one in the same place at the same time, grab a weapon or ten - it means something big is about to happen.'

'The Academy? It's the go-to place for us who'd prefer to get out of the lab and actually do stuff. Half boot camp, half college. Most the instructors are veterans - some from both types of war. A few learned their trade on the wrong side of the fence, if you get my drift. It was hard, but worth it; but what's more it sold me the Society as something I wanted to be in, that there was a place for folk like me. Something which some others don't get.' clearly referring back to the discussion about recruitment practices in the canteen with the Hermetic.

Serge's Post:

'For fuck's sake, please don't break the world. There's so much shit I ain't done yet.' tone that of a joke, but with a underscore of warning beneath.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am

He smiled thinly, "You forget - or perhaps you were simply unaware - but anyone with a pair of rabbit antennae can still receive local stations without cable. When everyone switched to digital, there was apparently some federal requirement that local stations still broadcast over the airwaves like before. So while that's primarily a service used by seniors these days, I could easily see a resurgence in the younger generation to avoid cable fees."

"This is true then again I would believe those who watch local stations do it more for news and community material than to watch TV shows."
Bruce protested.

He glanced over at Adley and nodded slightly, "That would seem to be the case... but, it's not my story to tell, really - but it is a good example of how one can find something to cling on to even when everything seems lost. And he's a capable Linear Mage, too, so that's something..."

"Someone who have been Gilgulled can become a hedge wizard? Hum...interesting."
Bruce said then he sigh.
"But yeah he would probably not like us sitting here and gossiping about him, poor guy."

He nodded, "I may have exaggerated a little - but yes, the old system was cumbersome. And the primary excuse for stalling the conversion to decimal was that the decimal system was too confusing."

"I guess what you are not yourself familiar with will always seam complicated."
The Artificer commented.

He pondered, "The ritual rooms would probably not be redesigned by each user - keep in mind those are essentially communal spaces, so if, say, Miss Mandis decided to paint one of the ritual rooms according to the motifs and symbology of her own Tradition, it might cause some disagreements with others... That said, I have thought for some time that the Node Chamber might feel a little warmer with a portrait of Master Steelhaven on the wall, whether as a mural or a hung painting."

"I do think that the Deacon Council might object to anyone starting to paint the Node Chamber though and I mean there are stones in there with markings from really old Native civilizations, it might be disrespectful to add a mural to the wall."
Bruce said and he sounded skeptical.

He nodded, "Right, one narin to the ten dollars, not one dram... my slip. So, two charms to the narin, would that sound reasonable? Or would I be able to demand more, you think?"

"I think that sounds about right with two charms for a narin."
Bruce agreed and nodded.

"She likes bees." Serge said with a smile. "Can't say the being surrounded by buzzing bees was the first I thought of when I was thinking about how to calm her down, but it seemed to work.

"Yeah she likes bees and remember she is a witch, a nature mystic she feels at home with things from nature, including animals the rest of us might be a little vary of Serge."
The Orphan said and he smiled a little.

"I don't think that'll ever happen." Serge said shaking his head. "If the younger generation wants to avoid cable or netflix fees there's plenty of other ways than going back to the stone age that is antennae and satellite dishes. I don't even remember ever using one of those...just seeing it rot away in our basement as a kid."

"Why do I feel like a fucking grandfather here?"
Bruce said and grunted.
"But yes I think it is more likely that if someone want to avoid such fees pirating something or using free streaming services with lots of adds are more likely than them returning to using an antenna."

"Am I allowed to do that? Just hang up pictures in the common room?" Serge said with a strange spark in his eyes. "And be careful how you answer that. Cause....well let's just say I make a lot of pictures. A lot."

"Yeah I don't see why not, off course do not put up your pictures on every available surface, others might want to use the walls as well, but as long as you show some restraint then I do not see why not."
Bruce said and nodded.
"It is your common room to now."

[Adley] (Chicago talking with Carmon]

He moved the pillow so he could kneel down, trying not to look as if it hurt more than it should for such a simple action. He was generally used to sitting in meditation undisturbed for long periods of time and here he was reduced to finding a cushy pillow problematic enough to be annoying.

"Are you injured, if sitting pains you then I do not mind if you stand."
The soft whisper of Carmon's voice sounded.

"As always our enemies tried their hardest to see otherwise but we have prevailed in our recent battles."

"I am glad to hear that."
The vampire said.
"The foul, corrupted mages have been defeated then?"

"I see. I didn't realise that it would take this much effort and strain you so, though it was better than the alternatives. Either way, I will be heard through the door at the very least but you should be able to talk freely enough without being casually overheard if I try it," he offered. "Is it so easy to tell I got an injury?"

"I believe your spell will be useful then."
Carmon said, he rested for a moment then he added.
"Pain can addle one's concentration unfortunately as for you, yes it is easy to see, ah forgive me I usually always leave my ability to see auras active and I can see both pain and sickness in yours."
He said and the conjured voice sounded concerned.

If Latin was his first language, or at least one he preferred he supposed it might be easier to use that. It seemed there was no use denying what the man could plainly see before his eyes so he gave him a pensive nod. He could look no different than Erjne if he tried but it was true. "So you see why I have come back, to hear your request. It is the least that we could have done, yet you deserve so much more."

"It lifts the spirit to see you Amicus."
Carmon said his Latin was smooth and fluent and old.
"Can you tell me if Ernje...if he live a good life after I was turned? Did he live well and die with honor and glory as one of his House should?"
The Tremere asked then a deep sadness entered his eyes.
"Ah yes my request, I fear it might be a dificult one, but I have to ask non the less my old friend. I am tired Ernje, so tired of this emptiness, the hole insie me that will never fill. I have done good deeds with my unlife it have not been wasted but I want the tortment to end...please Amicus give me the mercy you would have given if you had found me right after I became this creature, there is a Wizard's March on all Tremere vampires, all I request is that you do your duty as you swore to do when you took the Code and joined the Order."
He said and blood tears started rolling down his pale cheeks.
"If I am cast out, I ask my sodalis to find me and slay me that my life may not continue in degradation and infamy."
Carmon quoted the Code.
"I am not able to end my own existence Amicus, help me...please."
He whispered.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He nodded, "A modest ability to see the future helps with that... and a bit of ready-made luck."

"You can see the future, like Trina can see odd critters and stuff?"
The blond girl asked and Trina glared a bit at their friend for that comment.

He nodded, "I'll try to get a friendly word in with the spirit, then. And I'll see about sending you a few pictures of the area maps, if viable."

"Yes that would be a good idea, please send the pictures to Miss Mundis however, I am bringing her with me the young lady is one hell of a shot, and she knows of to get such images to display on her little machine."
Jeffry instructed.

He shrugged, "That should probably be about it for now. Miss Bouchard did mention marksmen, though - not sure how many we have of those, but we'll certainly need some hard and fast hitters... We'll talk in a little bit, then, Sir."

"Miss Mundis is an excellent shot, other than her it is yourself and Miss Bouchard who are our best shooters, but I will see who I can recruit to such a mission, your own Cabalmate Jon Sherman is decent with a weapon as well I know, hum...well yes we will speak later Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said and he hung up on the call.

After Morgan hung up, he sent a quick message to Anna, 'Sweetie, could you get the set of computing books from the bottom right shelf by the door, and deliver them to the Chief's office?'

You got a reply back from Anna.
"I will do it right now dad. Also can I go over to Kyle's room and play Ridge Racer with him when my exercises and studies for the day is done?"

[Nicole's Apartment]

A puzzled frown as Darrian began, Nicole finding a glass jug and eyeing it critically. Paused on mentioning the child being sold; body language making it clear she positively despised the concept. As he provided details the large woman apparently fussed over this jug, pouring several different powders into it, then finally pouring around a half-litre of juice into it.

'Girls don't like machines? But the vacuum, cooker and washer are machines.' she commented wryly, the smirk making it clear this was a joke as she inspected a butter knife. 'Okay... think you need to start this from the top, me; who is Cava, why is she here and are you looking after her?' wiping said knife with a paper towel and using the former to stir her concoction, which had gone an odd cloudy tan colour.

"Ah yes I guess that would be a stereotype pardon."
Darrian said about girls not liking machines then he sigh and nodded.
"Cava is my new apprentice, I am taking care of her becuse she is my student, the Order often take children as apprentices. As for why she is here, the girl is a clone of Wallace Jace, a powerful Nephandus and we needed her blood for a spell to find Jace, to avoid any double agents finding out what we where doing the Chantry bought Cava from an allied Chantry where the girl have been raised since her mother escaped from Nephandi captivity, blood for the spell was drawn from her and she was then placed with me as her new Mentor. Yes she was brought her just for her blood but she is also a talented child, I want to earn her trust and be a good Mentor to her."
The Alchemist explained.

[Nicole] [Skype Call]

Lazily, Nicole accepted the call on the laptop, the other hand looking around to locate a packet of cigarettes.

Baynes's face showed up on the screen and he gave Nicole a slight smile.
"Good evening."
He said.
"How was your day?"
He begun politely, clearly going though the motions of politeness before he got to what he wanted to talk about, Cybernetics. Yolanda Emerson from his Cabal had probably been beating him over his head about his manners.

(OOC: Well that do work as a description yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:08 am

I'll see if i can find you a volunteer
we'll have to try that out, then.

The problem is that there is very little historical data and testimonies to go around. And vampiric poisoning is completely different from Falling
The point is there is a chance of doing that quickly and we may be onto something, so i keep my spirits high, even so i'm realistic. That it's not likely can't prevent me from trying.

Be very careful with what manner of gift you try to offer.
I already have an idea that, i myself would hate them to have but will be a boon to them.

If that were the case, Widderslainte would not be summarily hunted down and... that.
Well, without the proper rising and education they can become dangerous, potentially. Even so, they are better treated and endure over nephandus, so if any of them can be treated as widderslaints are, that'd be a great advance.

The problem is getting to the point where you show any advance on cleansing an Avatar in the little bit of time that is available, that is seldom a quick thing and clearing vampire posion from someone's Avatar is not the same thing. You are arguing that someone sent to dialysis to get posion out of their blood are the same as the doctors being able to cure someone that have been turned inside out, the two have nothing to do with one another. Now as for historical data there is none that support your ideas that is why everyone say cleansing a Fallen Avatar is impossible.
Breaking the notion of possible or impossible is what makes Mages what they are. This can be done.

One of them might've been a wereunicorn
There are far less werefolk than there once were, at least here. I've been told those people existed, and were aberrations of the werehorses in europe and asia. THey have all been killed and their conection to the great spirits severed, killed and consumed. The only ones existing today are the ones that before that served the enthropic aspect of reality and have been preserved as demons.
If there's a guest of the race there in horizon, make sure to ask her all stories she can remember..

Yeah I mean try tied to....with Beatrice I mean, and her mind is not corrupted, perhaps one day it will e but right now she is a kind person who harm no one.
Amadeus has told me she is. She just looks for her own nonexistence instead of nonexistence at large. Maybe someday that changes. I can only hope...

You're going to love a spirit friend of mine; he's a chronicler, a carver of histories... I've got a few epitaphs in my workshop even now, snippets of lost lives - they'll be put on display here soon as I'm done with them all. There's a melancholy to the touch, and a sense of duty and honour as well...
Oh! Sounds like a delightful experience to meet it. I have found no such spirits in my journeys. I'd love to talk to it

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]

Hum... not everyone is as physically affectionate, so you might want to be a little more cautious.
That is okey Tane, it is just as Mr Wainwright says, some are less physical in how we show affection.
Hum... ya, sorry Cita.

It seems you're happiest to see Master Telar
Well, last time i saw her she couldn't tell me when was the last time she had slept. And we are now doing even better things!

I doubt it will be any easier to cleanse the part of the Avatar that interact with the Host than any other part Tane i there is even one part that do that.
Well, there has to be a distinct connection to sever, it can be done. Maybe a filter there to let psychological corruption can be placed in the meantime as one investigates. Something like that could even help widderslaints

unwring one piece at a time...
You think it may be like any other questing?

I have a theory of sorts, that the memories that the avatar maintains despite it's state of Fallen are important - it is something that still connects it to the Tellurian, which is what the process of the caul attempts to sever, after all. Such a state engenders them to use highly destructive magick subject to higher risk of paradox for that reason. So, if you navigate the spirit realm by associations, the same idea could be thought for navigating a soul, avatars are long chains of events in hosts, linked to one another, making associations that we are and are not aware of, depending on a variety of factors including the avatar itself. However, it is still challenging, as the avatar wants to become nothing and take the host with it...though it seems that they want this but 'later'...when they get done with all the things they want to do, those are the desires of the host usually, that too can be important because it unveils the ustable dichotomy that is present within them. They want to spend time with their families and when they're done, hit the undo button but if you talk with them, the sense that this is an uneasy feeling with them because it inherently goes against their interest.
That's actually quite useful, that kind of guide to navigate the avatar can help us find the place for the pieces and help guide us if we can try and intervene on it in any way to make it come back to shape

her slowly and meticulously grinding her glass dragon back to the light
Your little one is fallen and going back from darkness? That's sad, but inspiring. Tane said with a smile I hope we can do something good for her here.

the lady has been fully grown for a long time, it just never wanted to part ways with his mighty river...
That means then that it is a really auspicious time to see, for it probably was waiting for miss Florentine. It will be awesome

If you recall, I was only able to see spirits very recently, and I had no training prior to that. I'm still in the Spirits 101 class, while this book looks more like the 103 syllabus.
Well, with all the fighting you might have not known, but i'm teaching basics on spirit magick. If you want to come to the classes or to learn more privately, just ask.

As far as I can tell, Psychopomps make the bond between a Mage and their Avatar seamless, perfect - I fear trying to use them to alter Avatars would meet with failure, most likely a widderslainte so in sync with their Avatar that their urges would be indistinguishable from one another... a far trickier problem than , well, the standard of the day.
I son't belive they can do all by themselves, but they can be invaluable to our investigation

They might know more than us at least, but I am not sure we have the understanding to communicate with them.
They can communicate at a spiritual level at least if what we know is true.

a shard stuck in him for...quite some time.
Stuck like it has been borne from your avatar or stuck like the ones that were used as a barricade from the umbra by nephandus?
Yeah, well, Gandjya has told me it could bring a shard about easily, so if i wanted to have i could just experience it. But if it's not time, then...

I don't think you have much to worry about Master Nassa for in that respect... we'll still need to help him keep a level head and a proper focus in the coming months, but yes, we'll likely need to help him keep watch over Miss Florentine for some time, to make sure she doesn't do something reckless.
I meant Miss Florentine's mentor
What he is however are fragile and if he hears you suspect him of harming his own student it will hurt him deeply, so stop it there are no reaso for your accusations!
Wait there, Cita, just a second. I'm not accusing him of anything, and i belive you, since i have only good references from him, but even so, i'm concerned for this man too. I mean, the guy has been through so much trauma that i don't know how much he can take. The other day Beatrice almost got a panic attack for not knowing it her avatar was with her and i sang it to her. I didn't know they were looking, Miss Florentine and Mister Gregario, and when i saw them he was looking at us like he was about to snap, andshe was just the same kind of sad.
After seeing that, i'm concerned of this man reaching his limit, so i'm concerned with their care. You have to understand i just want them to be able to coexist after this is done. I'd love him getting better and happy with all of this and finding new strenghts to keep going, but it's just as likely the man can't understand why he's not given the same and we can't just go around and throw avatars at people.
I belive what you say of him, i just don't want to traumatize him further or leave the girl alone if he does.

Beatrice is still to wounded for such and ordeal and Kyle is far to young.
I'm sure we can ask around in the other chantries, maybe they know of someone that's looking to understand her condition better and is willing to do something like this.

Cita's face light up at the mention of the scale.
"The dragon scale...the dragon scale now this might be what we need to give Miss Clearwater a chance...ok Mr Wainwright you will not like this suggjestion but is there any chance you would consent to me taking a scale from Anna's Avatar as it is now? I am not going to lie that will cause her quite a bit of pain, but if I can present two scales, one corrupted and one not, then I can prove that one corrupted Avatar clean itself in the future, and perhaps be able to use that to argue for letting Mr Karyak try to help one of the prisoners cleanse herself, I probably will just be able to talk them into sparing one of them, but with such a scale there is a tiny chance I can save Miss Clearwater."
The spirit healer asked eagerly.
Wait, if there's one you can bring from the future, maybe we don't have to hurt her now. Maybe i can sing her avatar in front of the audience. It's more exposing but i can try and play a note and not all of her song, so that it can be seen without the need to hurt her.

I do not know where this dislike of a kind man who have done nothing but good comes from.
I don't dislike the man, i'm just afraid he's reached his limit.

((OOC: Damnable Papa Nurgle... Schnoz is more clogged than ever, and fever is up. Sad ))
((Death to the slaves of the false emperor! Thanks for your many blessings, Grandpa Nurgle! I hope pestilence you carry spreads without hurting you!))

((THis is under construction, guys))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:24 pm

The point is there is a chance of doing that quickly and we may be onto something, so i keep my spirits high, even so i'm realistic. That it's not likely can't prevent me from trying.

"I you feel like going through various legal books and history trying to find something that is not there Mr Karyak then by all means no one is going to try to stop you."
Bruce said and he sounded rather doubtful.

Well, without the proper rising and education they can become dangerous, potentially. Even so, they are better treated and endure over nephandus, so if any of them can be treated as widderslaints are, that'd be a great advance.

"No it is more like this Mr Karyak, widderslainte are born like monsters, they are the children who torment their siblings, kill pets and then advance to raping, torturing and murdering human beings, and that is before they get really nasty. However there are a small handful of those who's corrupted souls have not completely corrupted their minds, those like Beatrice, but for most widderslainte it is not the fault of their upbringing that they are what they are, they are born as monsters."
The Orphan said and he shook his head.

Breaking the notion of possible or impossible is what makes Mages what they are. This can be done.

"That is true enough Mr Karyak, true enough everything is possible, however possible do not make it likely."
The large man replied.

There are far less werefolk than there once were, at least here. I've been told those people existed, and were aberrations of the werehorses in europe and asia. THey have all been killed and their conection to the great spirits severed, killed and consumed. The only ones existing today are the ones that before that served the enthropic aspect of reality and have been preserved as demons.

"There actually where werunicorns once? Well shit and demon weunicorns?"
Bruce said and he raised and eyebrow.
"Well damn serves me right for doubting just about anything could exist."

If there's a guest of the race there in horizon, make sure to ask her all stories she can remember..

"There are unicorns on Horizon but I doubt that they are werunicorns, so they tell few stories but they will gladly impale you so I think I will stay clear of them if you don't mind."
Bruce said and he sounded amused.

Amadeus has told me she is. She just looks for her own nonexistence instead of nonexistence at large. Maybe someday that changes. I can only hope...

Bruce nodded at that.
"Indeed we can only hope."

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]

Hum... ya, sorry Cita.

"That is quite okey Mr Karyak."
The spirit healer said and she nodded.

Well, there has to be a distinct connection to sever, it can be done. Maybe a filter there to let psychological corruption can be placed in the meantime as one investigates. Something like that could even help widderslaints

"Filtering out the guidance of the Avatar, well yes that is potentially possible but it will not help for a trial, widderslainte like Beatrice with minds who are not yet corrupted get Gilgulled as well Mr Karyak, it is having a Falen Avatar which is illegal so while such a thing might help and individual, though liit if not destroy their ability to work magick, which might be worse than death, it will do nothing legally."
Cita said and she shook her head.

That means then that it is a really auspicious time to see, for it probably was waiting for miss Florentine. It will be awesome

"It is likely yes that the lady by the riverside have always been intended for Miss Florentine, Avatars know themselves when they want to be reborn and to whom."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.

They can communicate at a spiritual level at least if what we know is true.

"They can lead Avatars to their hosts but communicate in an understandable way for us, that I do not know."
Cita said and shook her head.

Stuck like it has been borne from your avatar or stuck like the ones that were used as a barricade from the umbra by nephandus?
Yeah, well, Gandjya has told me it could bring a shard about easily, so if i wanted to have i could just experience it. But if it's not time, then...

"Yes...a shard from a shattered Avatar."
Cita said softly and she looked out into the air with great sadness in her eyes for a moment but then she turned to look at Tane.
"What do you mean that your Avatar could bring about a shard?"

Wait there, Cita, just a second. I'm not accusing him of anything, and i belive you, since i have only good references from him, but even so, i'm concerned for this man too. I mean, the guy has been through so much trauma that i don't know how much he can take. The other day Beatrice almost got a panic attack for not knowing it her avatar was with her and i sang it to her. I didn't know they were looking, Miss Florentine and Mister Gregario, and when i saw them he was looking at us like he was about to snap, andshe was just the same kind of sad.
After seeing that, i'm concerned of this man reaching his limit, so i'm concerned with their care. You have to understand i just want them to be able to coexist after this is done. I'd love him getting better and happy with all of this and finding new strenghts to keep going, but it's just as likely the man can't understand why he's not given the same and we can't just go around and throw avatars at people.
I belive what you say of him, i just don't want to traumatize him further or leave the girl alone if he does.

"What you said where that you where worried that Mr Gregario would grow jealous and harm Miss Florentine, which is preposterous. Now when that is said that any change might upset the poor man and that he might need help and counsel that might be, but he is not violent and nor is he stupid."
Cita said and shook her head.
"Mr Gregario understand that Master Nassa's situation is rare and that there is not a slew of Avatars just waiting to be placed. I see no reason for concern here."

I'm sure we can ask around in the other chantries, maybe they know of someone that's looking to understand her condition better and is willing to do something like this.

"I know of only three widderslaintes withing the Traditions, Beatrice, the young man who saved her by pointing to the precedent set in his trial and Master Senex's apprentice Amanda, and she is currently arrested, Master Senex is also protecting one more widderslainte in his Chantry, beyond that if there are widderslaintes at any other Chantries they are living in hiding."
The spirit healer said and she shook her head.

Wait, if there's one you can bring from the future, maybe we don't have to hurt her now. Maybe i can sing her avatar in front of the audience. It's more exposing but i can try and play a note and not all of her song, so that it can be seen without the need to hurt her.

"I am afraid that seeing Miss Wainwright's Avatar and being able to compare it directly to the scale are two different things but yes if the girl refuses or her health do nto allow for such a procedure it is a good alternative."
Cita agreed.

I don't dislike the man, i'm just afraid he's reached his limit.

"At worst Mr Karyak the man will collapse and need care himself, nothing I want to see happen but it could however until that happens he will have our confidence and support."
Cita said simply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:21 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Ok... ay.' Nicole replied suspiciously, one hand now holding a cigarette, the other the mysterious drink. 'When you say "apprentice", is she Awake? Plus, how old is she?'

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

Baynes will see Nicole's hair was now blue, was sporting a rather nasty-looking graze on her cheek and clearly looked sweaty. That is, more than usual.

'Today? Nothing much; several reminders of how out of shape I am and the boss pestered me to take off the glove to show "my burned-up hand" again.' Nicole replied, lighting the cigarette, then giving a little sigh.

'What's the angle, sir? You usually don't do small-talk unless there's something big or dodgy waiting behind it.' Nicole reminding her former superior that the large woman respected plain, honest speech - even with difficult topics - rather than the usual fluff, flattery and fudging which "infested" [in her opinion] most conversations.

[Yolanda Emerson?]

['PM Sent' FYI. Don't worry; almost done!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:08 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Why do I feel like a fucking grandfather here?"
Bruce said and grunted.
"But yes I think it is more likely that if someone want to avoid such fees pirating something or using free streaming services with lots of adds are more likely than them returning to using an antenna."

"Ads aren't even a problem on streaming services anymore. Just get an adblocker." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Yeah I don't see why not, off course do not put up your pictures on every available surface, others might want to use the walls as well, but as long as you show some restraint then I do not see why not."
Bruce said and nodded.
"It is your common room to now."

"Oooh. I'm gonna have fun with that." Serge said with a smile. "And by that I just mean putting my best drawings there. Be prepared for an unhealthy amount of dragon pictures to show up in the common room soon."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Cavalry as a role, not as a means of transport.' Nicole replied. 'Scouts, mobile reserve, fast-moving strike teams - many mundie armies still have units of tanks and helicopters called it.'

'The Sky Cavalry is the military end of the Society. They crew the ships, garrison the outposts, provide the martial backbone. If you ever see more than one in the same place at the same time, grab a weapon or ten - it means something big is about to happen.'

"Ohhh, yeah that makes a lot more sense." Serge said tearing out his half-finished picture of robotic horse cavalry. "Bet they have kickass looking ships."

Nicole wrote:'The Academy? It's the go-to place for us who'd prefer to get out of the lab and actually do stuff. Half boot camp, half college. Most the instructors are veterans - some from both types of war. A few learned their trade on the wrong side of the fence, if you get my drift. It was hard, but worth it; but what's more it sold me the Society as something I wanted to be in, that there was a place for folk like me. Something which some others don't get.' clearly referring back to the discussion about recruitment practices in the canteen with the Hermetic.

"Sounds like the only type of school you liked." Serge quipped humorously. "Do a lot of Etherites go there? How many guys were in your class?" he asked curiously.

Nicole wrote:'For fuck's sake, please don't break the world. There's so much shit I ain't done yet.' tone that of a joke, but with a underscore of warning beneath.

"Do I look like I'm someone who could break the world. I can barely break a twig." Serge said with a chuckle, gesturing wildly to his innocent boy-scoutish face.

"And mass truth spells are pretty low on the list of things I wanna try and do. Teleporting is higher on the list."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next