Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 23 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:42 am

[Adley] (Chicago talking with Carmon]

"I would appreciate that. My voice has a resonance which could make it carry in any case, if it is using forces alone. I know that the art of entropy magick can sometimes make things not understood," he added, as if it were helpful. He didn't seem to like to be disclosing his weaknesses but it was necessary to get a result that would make it worth it.

"Hum...adding Entropy to a anti scrying spell I have never considered doing it that way before."
Mosfatt said and the small man seamed to consider this for a moment before he nodded.
"I think I have an idea for this but it would be experimental, I could go and get someone who is better at Entropy if you wish Mr Roth Hicks."
The Akashic offered.

"I have heard that before. It may be true but the price was so high."

"The price was high but the result had we not done this would have been worse, House Guernicus where loosing their foothold and the Houses where falling apart to squabbles, to see that the Quesitors could cast out an entire House and to find a common enemy that unified us and House Guernicus's role where solidified."
Carmon said and he sigh sadly.

He was silent and introspective a moment as he listened and then said, "Yours was the mother who fights for her children to protect them, a warrior and a poet who protected those weaker but fierce as she was kind. She was meant to walk with us in our lives, but yours were taken and the entire Universe feels that loss. She was beautiful. That is what we see of her, through the eyes of now and our eternal heart. We have lost too many that were supposed to be with us..."

Carmon looked at you then he started making these horrible little sounds, they came from him and not the spell cast on him to let his thoughts be heard, the sounds where weeping or as closed as he could get paralyzed as he was, the sounds where so full of pain and despair as he sobbed, is eyes glazing over with red tears, then after a good while you heard the magickal voice whisper, almost to soft to be heard.
"Thank you."
Before the sobs continued for quite some time still.

"Then that is what will be, though I have no memorial of you, no grave. Maybe that is fitting for your wandering soul and."

Once he was finally done weeping Carmon looked at you again and he looked at you,
"If you wish to make some memorial I am not against it, but I do not need such a thing, but if it is something you would feel better having you have my permission, to me though the best memorial is just that, to be remembered, for good or ill to be remembers as the man I was."

"I admit to not being fond of Ventrue in this city after what's happened to you..." he said with a tilt of his head. "I shall see about getting the letter to her without compromising us."

"In this city? Heavens know every Ventrue in Chicago are the descendants of the damned tyrant Lodin, every other Ventrue other than his brood have come to cruel ends, by accient off course."
Carmon said angrily at the man who had given him over to the Nephandi to torture.
"Last I saw her Sophia where in Montreal where is where her post box adress is still located."

"Perhaps so, our former mentor might have been better served in House Tytalus. We never hated him, no matter what he did, not even after he through out the baker boy and nearly beat me to death. We only wished that we were not the way we were, and tried to obey. You were the only person I could be myself around, after that.

"Ernje's Mentor was a cruel man, I do not know how many times I sat comforting you after his beatings, washing blood of your back and hoping the wounds would not get infected. There was nothing wrong with how Ernje was, there was nothing wrong with him loving that baker's boy or any of the men that came after when he was freed from his Mentor's rule I might not be able to understand how he loved but there was nothing wrong with it, and I will never forgive his mentor for making my friend wish he was different."
Charmon said angrily.
"For he was perfect just the way he was."

Still, it may not be wrong to forgive your mentor or still care for him, but it seems untrue to say he did not at least partly understand what he was doing, either." It struck him then of course, that with a bit of prying he might find out who did it, but Carmon still cared about him. There would be nothing more in killing him other than taking another very powerful Tremere out of the picture. He sighed. "You say that as if the Order had not impressed upon you some measures of control, beforehand..."

"I asked my Sire why he did...what he did, why he Embraced me and...my sister, you remember her right, my little sister."
He asked and you remember the young mage girl Carmon's Mentor had taken in after Carmon passed his Gauntlet, you had seen her grow from a child into a woman.
"He said he...coudl do nothing else for if he had admitted to himself, for just one moment what he had lost, admitted tat vampirism was not better, he would cast himself out into the sun."
Carmon said softly.
"I...can not hate him for his weakness, or his pain."

"Do not regret it, and I will try not to either...it will sadden me but we have enough things we regret, not to add one more. But just know that you were loved very much and that you were a good magus, and when the fire comes it will burn all the rest away." He started to stand up. "Is there anything else you need...before, there may not be another chance for us to speak privately."

Carmon was slient for a moment after you had spoken then he finally said.
"Yes there are to much to be sad over, know that you are doing me a kindness Amicus, and I have never forgotten you and I love you my old friend, you are my brother."
Then he was silent again before adding.
"No, for a while I imagined all I would say before my death...but now as it approch there is nothing more to say, I long for the flames to cleanse the horror that I am. It was good to speak with you again Amicus...live well, promise me that you will live well and long and then when the time comes for your end, try to go out in a blaze of glory."

[Cabal Meeting]

Serge nodded in agreement with Bruce. "Yeah, you guys definitely deserve it after all you've done."

"Hey don't forget yourself kid, you have helped as well."
Bruce said and nodded.
"But yeah we deserve a feast, all of us."

[Nicole's Apartment]

A short pause. 'I'm guessing you weren't the kind of kid everybody was asking to come out any play, then? I'd have hated it if I'd spent my childhood away from other kids.'

"No not really I was sickly as a child so I spend most of my time inside reading, until I was picked up by a member of the Children of Knowledge."
Darrian admitted.
"So no I was never really social no."

'Hmm... might have a better idea.' Nicole said thoughtfully. 'Instead of getting a new bike, to pick up some old bike which is so worn it's almost unrideable. She can then learn how it works, how to fix it. A little "my first project".'

The Alchemist considered for a moment before he gave a rare smile and nodded.
"You know Miss Bouchard that is actually a brilliant idea."
He said then he added.
"Thank you, it will be a good lesson for her and she might find the project really interesting."

[Skype Call]

'But that's the problem. The ones I'm seeing usually involve yanking something out first. And many of these are beta or just out of it. Taking an artificial stomach or something makes sense if you've lost your own organic one... but what happens if it fails?'

"There is always some danger, but there are quit a few mages with cybernetics. There are some things that can be installed without removal of organic parts, however off course for larger pieces room have to be made."
The older Etherite said and nodded.
"If artificial organs fail, depending on what organ we are talking about, then the subject dies, simply as that so one would have to make sure they do not fail."

'Of course I don't think I'm the only one. Simply that it wouldn't have hurt if you'd got one or two of 'em to visit me while I was stuck in bed or something.' Nicole replied, looking a little miffed. 'No offence to you, Rodriguez or anything, but having you lot talking about "how it won't effect my life" felt rather like a priest teaching girls Sex Ed - that however hard he tries and well-meaning he is, there's things he just can't get.'

The Scientist was quiet for a moment and when he again spoke he sounded surprised.
"I had never considered tat it would help you to speak with someone else with cybernetics Nicole, if I had known, I would have invited someone to come and talk with you while you where recuperating, please forgive me it just never crossed my mind that such a conversation would help you cope better."
He said and he looked down or a moment.
"I will be the first to admit that at time my social...skills are not the best...would you like me to arrange for such meetings now?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 23 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:27 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'I'll dig 'em out when we get back.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'Had my storage unit sent over a few days back, if you didn't notice.'

Serge's Post:

'What, to be an arrogant drug addict who's possibly mentally ill?' Nicole asked, taking a spoonful of her pie. 'And to call yourself an Adventurer... erm, no. Firstly, only other Etherites would get it, second to do it yourself makes you sound a real poser.'

Serge's Post:

The large woman considered this for a moment before replying. 'Drill press, engine hoist, floor jack, lathe, air compressor, couple of decent work tables, at least six power sockets... then there's a load of smaller stuff needing somewhere to live, and the things others have asked for...'

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Have to tread carefully on this, you do. 'Specially when she gets a bit older. What are you going to do if she keeps on asking to be allowed to go out and play without a minder? "It's not safe" isn't going to cut it forever... one day she'll simply start going solo.' Nicole said thoughtfully, tone making it obvious she was merely thinking aloud, not telling him what to do. 'Worse, your stonewalling may make her resent you.'

Anja's Post:

'And if I can twist the Chief's arm about getting a workshop put in here, also means we can work on the bike without even leaving the building...' raising an eyebrow as she drank some of the mystery drink, clearly hoping this would make it in Darrian's interest too, and therefore help to build up the pressure on Morgan to relent.

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

'Not just that, but I heard some mystics can do magick to make the body reject the implants. Plus, the usual risks of them being hacked and simply switched off... I'd feel much more comfortable if any work simply improved the organic, not replaced.' Nicole's replied, possibly not aware that Baynes had managed to change her reply from "No, because..." to "Yes, but..." - a subtle, but important difference.

Anja's Post:

'It's... a mental shock, sir. But one which keeps on jumping out at you.' Nicole replied quietly, looking thoughtful. 'You forget, then reminded again. I'm all toasty in bed, and what's that cold rubbery thing under the blankets with me? Couple of days after getting here, fancied a swim. Was about to pay the fee at the pool when I remembered I couldn't do that no more 'cos it would be seen.'

'That's the thing, sir - cannot ever forget, me. That reminds me; can you make up a couple of skins [for arm] which is actually my skintone? Ended up doing a wiki-walk last night and I've got an idea on how to make it less obvious.'

'As for a visit... a little late for that, but might still be useful. Too busy with stuff here to make a trek far... but if you know of one somewhere in New England, may be worth it.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:13 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Have to tread carefully on this, you do. 'Specially when she gets a bit older. What are you going to do if she keeps on asking to be allowed to go out and play without a minder? "It's not safe" isn't going to cut it forever... one day she'll simply start going solo.' Nicole said thoughtfully, tone making it obvious she was merely thinking aloud, not telling him what to do. 'Worse, your stonewalling may make her resent you.'

"Well at the moment she is so young, I assume it is not common to let five year olds run around in a city on their own, that seams to be unsafe to me Miss Bouchard, when she get a little older though, I guess if she really want to, then I will have to let her but she will have to prove to me she can be responsible with her magick first."
Darrian said and sigh.
"Arn where thirteen when I met him, he had no problem being responsible with his magick when I had Awakened him, and he was allowed to go and see me on his own, until he finished school and moved into the Chantry, but a five year old that is pretty young."
The Alchemist seamed hesitant.
"I do not want to resent me though, if I am to be able to teach her I need her to trust me."

'And if I can twist the Chief's arm about getting a workshop put in here, also means we can work on the bike without even leaving the building...' raising an eyebrow as she drank some of the mystery drink, clearly hoping this would make it in Darrian's interest too, and therefore help to build up the pressure on Morgan to relent.

"I can certinly talk with Master Morgan, we have some room we do not use in the garage and with now three Etherites, and Mr King who might as well be one having a proper workshop might benefit us...and yes it would be nice to have a place for Cava to work on her bike, and since she likes machines that might be the direction her magick will take as she develops it."
The Alchemist said and nodded.
"Arn have started doing some metal work as well, alchemy is more than what you would call potions after all."

[Skype Call]

'Not just that, but I heard some mystics can do magick to make the body reject the implants. Plus, the usual risks of them being hacked and simply switched off... I'd feel much more comfortable if any work simply improved the organic, not replaced.' Nicole's replied, possibly not aware that Baynes had managed to change her reply from "No, because..." to "Yes, but..." - a subtle, but important difference.

"That is true then again I have seen a Verbena witch make a MiB shit out his quite biological, natural liver, literary shit it out so magick can affect natural organs as well, and cybernetic ones will be protected from allot of the things that can make natural organs fail, disease for example, and they can be upgraded with back up systems meaning you would be more protected if an injury should occur, that being said we can start with less severe upgrades, though there is a limit to what we can no withouth some sort of eural processor, we can upgrade your arm though, and make werables like the contact lenses you entioned...I have for example considered putting small containers of drugs in the hand's fingertips so the blade nails can be used to inject these drugs, and also perhaps some sort of stabilizer which would improve aim...hum...so many options."
The older Etherite said as he begun to list up his ideas.

'It's... a mental shock, sir. But one which keeps on jumping out at you.' Nicole replied quietly, looking thoughtful. 'You forget, then reminded again. I'm all toasty in bed, and what's that cold rubbery thing under the blankets with me? Couple of days after getting here, fancied a swim. Was about to pay the fee at the pool when I remembered I couldn't do that no more 'cos it would be seen.'

'That's the thing, sir - cannot ever forget, me. That reminds me; can you make up a couple of skins [for arm] which is actually my skintone? Ended up doing a wiki-walk last night and I've got an idea on how to make it less obvious.'

"I understand it is difficult Nicole...and yes I can certainly make some skins that fit your skin tone better, I have high quality pictures of your other arm for comparison so I can work from that. If you could get me a scraping from a HIT-Mark's synth skin though I might be able to figure out how that is made, and use a sample of your blood to create artificial skin which will look normal, all you will be able to see then are what will seam like a scar where your natural arm and the synth skin join...hum....not that I will recommend getting to close to a HIT-Mark but you should know there are options."
He said and nodded.

As for a visit... a little late for that, but might still be useful. Too busy with stuff here to make a trek far... but if you know of one somewhere in New England, may be worth it.'

"Again I am sorry I did not realize you had this need before now."
Baynes said apologetically.
"I have some contacts I can call, among the the daughter of Dr Kelly, my own Mentor, he was the best our Tradition have when it comes to cybernetics and his kid had to have some work done after a bad Paradox event."
He offered.
"You might like to talk with her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:07 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Hey don't forget yourself kid, you have helped as well."
Bruce said and nodded.

"Right. But if I'm gonna be drawing the whole scene I probably won't have time to eat." Serge said with a chuckle.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'I'll dig 'em out when we get back.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'Had my storage unit sent over a few days back, if you didn't notice.'

"Is that why your room is so full of stuff?" Serge asked curiously.

Nicole wrote:'What, to be an arrogant drug addict who's possibly mentally ill?' Nicole asked, taking a spoonful of her pie. 'And to call yourself an Adventurer... erm, no. Firstly, only other Etherites would get it, second to do it yourself makes you sound a real poser.'

"Hell yeah! With a massively inflated ego and a reckless sense of adventure that puts everyone I love in danger. I could also see myself being addicted to cocaine." Serge joked. "And come on. You'd be a hit with the kids. When they asked you what you do, you could say your a mechanic...oorr you could say your an adventurer. It wouldn't even be a lie."

Nicole wrote:The large woman considered this for a moment before replying. 'Drill press, engine hoist, floor jack, lathe, air compressor, couple of decent work tables, at least six power sockets... then there's a load of smaller stuff needing somewhere to live, and the things others have asked for...'

As Nicole spoke, Serge drew the work space surrounding his picture of a man. It appeared he was drawing the workshop that Nicole desired although oddly enough, each piece of equipment he drew had a price tag attached to it. "Why would you need a place to live? Wouldn't the workshop just be where you go to work on stuff and the chantry is where you live?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"Right. But if I'm gonna be drawing the whole scene I probably won't have time to eat." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Why don't you just attend Serge and draw in the ambience and feel of the scene and we can take some pictures you can draw from later?"
Bruce asked.
"You should get to eat some as well kid, which remind me what is your favorite food?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:40 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Play this by ear, you'll have to.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug. 'Anyway... not like this will come up for ages anyway...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, giving a little smile. 'So... ideas on how to play this? Was thinking it might be better to just to do the introduction, then see where it goes from there. The kid might have different ideas to what we're talking about.'

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... poison blades.' Nicole mused, body language showing her interest was seriously piqued. 'Have been thinking about that, actually...' another dead-eyed stare at the screen as she found the file she was looking for and then sent it over to Baynes.

'Got the idea from being stabbed in the raid against the Fallen.' she continued, as the older Scientist would see a scanned hand-sketches of the artificial arm; showing an outer plate unfolding into a small shield about A4 size. 'Idea is, a lightweight but sturdy outer shell which I can fold out when at close quarters. The current plates will need to be slimmed down so the arm isn't too bulky, naturally.'

Anja's Post:

'I'm all for artificial skin so I can wear tanks [tops] again, but it'll need to be easily removable so I can perform maintenance.' Nicole replied. 'Got a bit interested when I was told the Fallen base used artificial organics - have no idea why - but they didn't use skin, just flesh and organs. But I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Assume you're interested if I learn anything similar?'

Anja's Post:

'Okay, I'm curious. But what makes you think she'll want to talk to me?'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, while stirring her coffee. 'Need to find somewhere to set up shop.'

Serge's Post:

'Does the term "try to be incognito" mean anything to you? Asking me to put myself on Yelp as "Adventurer" next, you will.' ending with a smirk.

Serge's Post:

'Ha ha... you know what I mean; I've got a load of smaller items which need to be stored somewhere. My place at the moment contains so many paints, thinners and fuels it's a vampire's nightmare.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Play this by ear, you'll have to.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug. 'Anyway... not like this will come up for ages anyway...'

"True enough, that one problem will not come up for a while, but there are other issues, the request at everyone at the Chantry get vaccinated for example, and everyone seam to give me different advice as to what I should do about that, Miss Rozzo one of the Verbena saying it will traumatize Cava if I make her do it and other saying she can get sick and die or worse get sick and infect those that are weakened and can not be healed so they might die....and I just do not know what to do. And then there is Cava asking questions about who Wallace Jace is, she have heard that she is connected to him, and I do not know how to reply to her..."
Darrian said then he sipped his beer and shook his head.
"Ah forgive me Miss Bouchard I should not put all of this on you. I just have no idea of how to relate to a five year old."

Nicole nodded to this, giving a little smile. 'So... ideas on how to play this? Was thinking it might be better to just to do the introduction, then see where it goes from there. The kid might have different ideas to what we're talking about.'

"You are probably right, making introductions and seeing where it go from there is probably the best way to go about it."
The Alchemist agreed.
"Thank you again Miss Bouchard for your willingness to help."

[Skype Call]

'Hmm... poison blades.' Nicole mused, body language showing her interest was seriously piqued. 'Have been thinking about that, actually...' another dead-eyed stare at the screen as she found the file she was looking for and then sent it over to Baynes.

'Got the idea from being stabbed in the raid against the Fallen.' she continued, as the older Scientist would see a scanned hand-sketches of the artificial arm; showing an outer plate unfolding into a small shield about A4 size. 'Idea is, a lightweight but sturdy outer shell which I can fold out when at close quarters. The current plates will need to be slimmed down so the arm isn't too bulky, naturally.'

"Try not to get stabbed."
The older Scientist said and frowned.
"Your idea for plating could work though."
He said as he studied the sketches.
"I can make that shield it should not take to long either, if I can send it to you in parts with instructions can you handle installation yourself?"
Baynes then seamed to consider for a moment.
"Poison blades should not be hard to do, and all we need to do is replace the old blade, I can add a simple mechanism which will release the drug when you need it."

'I'm all for artificial skin so I can wear tanks [tops] again, but it'll need to be easily removable so I can perform maintenance.' Nicole replied. 'Got a bit interested when I was told the Fallen base used artificial organics - have no idea why - but they didn't use skin, just flesh and organs. But I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Assume you're interested if I learn anything similar?'

"HIT-Mark skin can be cut to allow maintenance but it grows back quickly it is artificial but organic, I would need a sample to make that though so some beter skin sleeves is all I can do for now."
Baynes said then he nodded.
"Yes indeed I would like to have as much data about such matters as possible."

'Okay, I'm curious. But what makes you think she'll want to talk to me?'

"Because I would owe her a favor if she do and it is always useful to have someone owe you a favor."
The older Etherite said and shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:27 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'You're asking me about vaccinations? I'm a woman of science; and those little jabs have made polio, smallpox and similar vanish. All those "anti-vaxxers" are a bunch of retards who have forgotten what infectious epidemics look like.' the large woman's ire towards said "retards" flaring up for a moment. 'But, I'm not a doctor or anything. Personally, fully up to date, I am; our Doc insisted at my last place. Even for stuff like TB.' On his other "problem", Nicole considered it for a moment before replying.

'I... would tell the kid she's related to him, and he's a rather nasty man. The truth, but with the details all fuzzy. Don't make a huge deal over it; if you do she'll think it's important too. A bitch of a talk to have, but she will find out at some point and it's better to come from you than someone else.' ending with a sigh. 'But it's your call, not mine.'

'How to relate to a little kid? No idea. I'm not that good at it myself, 'specially if she's a all pink girly-girl.' ending with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

The large woman gave a "don't worry about it" gesture in reply, finishing off her mystery drink and giving a look for a moment like it was about to make a re-appearance.

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

'Assume the poison would go with the original hand, not the one Marcus sent me?' Nicole replied. 'Wait...' feeling her gloved hand for a moment. 'There's hardly no room there; what do I have to lose to get poison?' ending with a sceptical look.

Anja's Post:

'If I ended up with any part of a HIT - even if an old model - you know I'd send it your way, right?'

Anja's Post:

'Okay, do it; but only if her "price" isn't too high - don't want to hear she came all the way from say Texas just to do it.' Nicole replied. 'Make it a "if you're in the rough area and have a free hour or two" thing, yeah?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:33 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Why don't you just attend Serge and draw in the ambience and feel of the scene and we can take some pictures you can draw from later?"
Bruce asked.
"You should get to eat some as well kid, which remind me what is your favorite food?"

"Good point. It feels so much better drawing things live. Feeling the camaraderie, and ambiance, and all that stuff." Serge said. "But yeah I'll attend it just the same as all of you guys. As for my favorite food, I like most things. But my favorite things gotta be pizza. You can never go wrong with pizza."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Does the term "try to be incognito" mean anything to you? Asking me to put myself on Yelp as "Adventurer" next, you will.' ending with a smirk.

"I already went through my 'want to be a stealthy ninja phase' a few weeks ago when Bruce loaned me a couple of stealth games. Don't expect another one for a few more weeks." Serge said smiling.  "Why Yelp though? Craigslist or Linkdin would lead to much more interesting responses. Put yourself up as a freelance adventurer on your resume and see what type of job requests you get."

Nicole wrote:'Ha ha... you know what I mean; I've got a load of smaller items which need to be stored somewhere. My place at the moment contains so many paints, thinners and fuels it's a vampire's nightmare.'

"Well it's good to know we can use your room as a large explosive if we need to." the Ecstatic said grinning. "But securing a place to store all your stuff and meeting your specifications for a basic workshop is easier said than done." he added with a shrug as he held his sketchbook out in front of him, to get a better look at the picture of what looked to be a man attempting to sell all of the items Nicole had specifically requested.

"How do people even get stuff like that?" the naive young man asked, his ignorance for the ways of the real world becoming apparent. "Like...spaces and rooms for stuff? Do you just find the owner of the room and hope he's willing to sell or rent it to you?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:01 pm

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'"Intelligence that we could make sense of"... you've met Jehovah's Witnesses, right?' Nicole said with a laugh. 'And anything can seem easy if you just do time-skips. Perhaps a montage. Look! Took me only 30 seconds to make a time machine!'

He gave her a wry smile. "A montage of you building a time machine would be more interesting than me studying, for most people. But, for my experience with time-skips, they're an iffy prospect. I'd best leave that to those that know how to manage them, it gives me a headache."

"Hum...adding Entropy to a anti scrying spell I have never considered doing it that way before."
Mosfatt said and the small man seamed to consider this for a moment before he nodded.
"I think I have an idea for this but it would be experimental, I could go and get someone who is better at Entropy if you wish Mr Roth Hicks."
The Akashic offered.

"My cabalmate may be willing to try to teach such a rote, I can pass on a request if you wish. And so long as it will not harm any of us..."

"The price was high but the result had we not done this would have been worse, House Guernicus where loosing their foothold and the Houses where falling apart to squabbles, to see that the Quesitors could cast out an entire House and to find a common enemy that unified us and House Guernicus's role where solidified."
Carmon said and he sigh sadly.

"Yes, but think it could have been any House with enough dirt under its fingernails. Then they used our Houses to clean everything out for them...it worked, but our own sodales suffered. I can't say that there may have been any other way but in retrospect it was a bloody affair all the same."

Carmon looked at you then he started making these horrible little sounds, they came from him and not the spell cast on him to let his thoughts be heard, the sounds where weeping or as closed as he could get paralyzed as he was, the sounds where so full of pain and despair as he sobbed, is eyes glazing over with red tears, then after a good while you heard the magickal voice whisper, almost to soft to be heard.
"Thank you." Before the sobs continued for quite some time still

The noise was startling, to say the least, despair-filled sobbing was hard enough but he was paralyzed and the sound was strangled. Adley didn't know what he could do to comfort him, but tentatively reached out and brushed a hand over his hair. His tears had made his face a bloody mess and that was not how his face should look, it was not right...he'd have to find something to clean him up, once he calmed down a little.

"If you wish to make some memorial I am not against it, but I do not need such a thing, but if it is something you would feel better having you have my permission, to me though the best memorial is just that, to be remembered, for good or ill to be remembers as the man I was."

"I will miss you very much, I don't want to forget how you look, or sound like, or what your story was and what we know of you. Perhaps I will ask for a memorial picture to be  made, if that is acceptable. You will no longer have to fear being bound by it's likeness, after all."

"In this city? Heavens know every Ventrue in Chicago are the descendants of the damned tyrant Lodin, every other Ventrue other than his brood have come to cruel ends, by accient off course."
Carmon said angrily at the man who had given him over to the Nephandi to torture.
"Last I saw her Sophia where in Montreal where is where her post box adress is still located."

"There can only be so many accidents before it's a pattern and not a coincidence," he said. "Montreal...hrm, very well. If it is safe to do so, and I can find a way, I shall see if it can be delivered. I can't help but think that she will not be glad of the news and will be suspect of it."

"Ernje's Mentor was a cruel man, I do not know how many times I sat comforting you after his beatings, washing blood of your back and hoping the wounds would not get infected. There was nothing wrong with how Ernje was, there was nothing wrong with him loving that baker's boy or any of the men that came after when he was freed from his Mentor's rule I might not be able to understand how he loved but there was nothing wrong with it, and I will never forgive his mentor for making my friend wish he was different."
Charmon said angrily.
"For he was perfect just the way he was."

"He probably would have found some other reason to fault us if it had not been that, he was that type of man. Strange, but I can't think of his name..." He squinted at that, thinking to himself. "But that was the way of the times and he and the Order were more lenient than I would have found elsewhere, because we were Gifted. Things are much better now but hardly without discrimination, at least around here. Who is this other person, though? I can't remember..." Then he smiled a little at him. "Thank you, but we were not quite perfect yet, but we were working on it, and still are."

"I asked my Sire why he did...what he did, why he Embraced me and...my sister, you remember her right, my little sister."
He asked and you remember the young mage girl Carmon's Mentor had taken in after Carmon passed his Gauntlet, you had seen her grow from a child into a woman.
"He said he...coudl do nothing else for if he had admitted to himself, for just one moment what he had lost, admitted tat vampirism was not better, he would cast himself out into the sun."
Carmon said softly.
"I...can not hate him for his weakness, or his pain."

A frown crossed his face, then he gave a slow nod. "Your sister, is she still...?" he asked, unsure what to say, alive was not the right term. "And you are kinder than I, for I it seems that being unable to admit you were wrong and then perpetuating the mistake several times is terrible. But denial must have been strong," he sighed. "Still, I would have seen him take that course rather than do this to you or anyone else."

"Yes there are to much to be sad over, know that you are doing me a kindness Amicus, and I have never forgotten you and I love you my old friend, you are my brother." Then he was silent again before adding. "No, for a while I imagined all I would say before my death...but now as it approch there is nothing more to say, I long for the flames to cleanse the horror that I am. It was good to speak with you again Amicus...live well, promise me that you will live well and long and then when the time comes for your end, try to go out in a blaze of glory."

"You must have made effort to stay away from us. I can see why you had...things would not have gone well. I can only promise that I will try, amicus. Flambeau are known for being long lived, but in the past we have managed to make a good death and I would hope for that again. One consideration, the Tremere or Ventrue may have realised you did not yet die, and are searching for you. It might be prudent to check for spells before we attend to your...wishes. Will you allow this?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

''Cos I ain't seen a phone book in ten years but wanted to re-use the Dresden joke about him being in it under "Wizard" but couldn't think of anything but Yelp.' Nicole said. 'Hmm... Craigslist...' seemingly seriously considering it. '...er, nah. Half of folk would think that was just code for "murderer for hire" and the other half I'd have to kill after they've read my résumé.'

'Anyway, the folk who need to know will do soon enough. Won't be long 'till I get a call to do some minding work for some young chair-polisher or something.'

[Erm... is Serge saying the last part, or is the figure in the drawing doing so? And if the latter, is it speech bubbles or actually talking?]

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'You can have managed time-skips?' Nicole replied, a bit confused.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'You're asking me about vaccinations? I'm a woman of science; and those little jabs have made polio, smallpox and similar vanish. All those "anti-vaxxers" are a bunch of retards who have forgotten what infectious epidemics look like.' the large woman's ire towards said "retards" flaring up for a moment. 'But, I'm not a doctor or anything. Personally, fully up to date, I am; our Doc insisted at my last place. Even for stuff like TB.'

"I am up to date myself my Mentor owns a nightclub and when interacting with so many people it was a necessity, especially with that disease Paradox spirit out there, mot potions can heal most diseases but if they where caused by Paradox I might as well throw water at the patient. I am more concerned it would scare Cava, she have lived her whole life at a Hermetic Chantry she have no vaccines at all not even the ones she would have gotten as a baby, to get her up to date would mean several sessions of quite a few injections at once and I do not want to hold her down and let someone use her as a pincushion."
The Alchemist said.
"Miss Rozzo showed me some rather disturbing videos of scream, terrified children being held down in the doctor's office when she talked to me about the danger of vaccines so now I am very much in doubt."
He added and frowned.

On his other "problem", Nicole considered it for a moment before replying.

'I... would tell the kid she's related to him, and he's a rather nasty man. The truth, but with the details all fuzzy. Don't make a huge deal over it; if you do she'll think it's important too. A bitch of a talk to have, but she will find out at some point and it's better to come from you than someone else.' ending with a sigh. 'But it's your call, not mine.'

"You are right, she should hear it from me...but no it is not going to be a fun talk to have with her."
Darrian said and shook his head.
"I just hope she will nto think she is going to end up like Wallace Jace or that she is in any way like the man."

How to relate to a little kid? No idea. I'm not that good at it myself, 'specially if she's a all pink girly-girl.' ending with a shrug.

"She is not very girly, girly as such, well in some ways she is, she like castles and unicorns and princesses and paper dolls, but she also like cars, engines and making things."
Darrian explained.
"I guess she just like the things she likes."

The large woman gave a "don't worry about it" gesture in reply, finishing off her mystery drink and giving a look for a moment like it was about to make a re-appearance.

"Very well then Miss Bouchard, thank you for your time, if you find a good time for you to meet Cava then I can introduce you for her."
Darrian said and he finished his beer and handed you the empty can not knowing where your trash where located.
"Thank you for the hospitality Miss."

[Skype Call]

'Assume the poison would go with the original hand, not the one Marcus sent me?' Nicole replied. 'Wait...' feeling her gloved hand for a moment. 'There's hardly no room there; what do I have to lose to get poison?' ending with a sceptical look.

"That would be correct Nicole, hum well the posion ampulles would be rather small and for the mechanism I can make new servos for the finger joints then there should be room."
Baynes said and waved away your concerns.
"It would take some time to replace the servos but other than that you should not loose functionality."

'If I ended up with any part of a HIT - even if an old model - you know I'd send it your way, right?'

"Indeed that is why I am doing these modifications for you, I scratch your back and you scratch mine."
The older Etherite said with a content grin.

'Okay, do it; but only if her "price" isn't too high - don't want to hear she came all the way from say Texas just to do it.' Nicole replied. 'Make it a "if you're in the rough area and have a free hour or two" thing, yeah?'

"Off course I have to hear her price, and she lives in Chicago actually at Chantry ehm whatever stupid mystic name they ah Morningstar, Chantry Morningstar."
The Scientist said.
"I will give her a call later."

[Cabal Meeting]

"Good point. It feels so much better drawing things live. Feeling the camaraderie and all that" Serge said. "But yeah I'll attend it just the same as all you. As for my favorite food, I like most things. But my favorite things gotta be pizza. You can never go wrong with pizza."

"I get the point about creating while one are inspired but you should celebrate as well Serge, I am sure you can create something nice from pictures as well."
Bruce said then he nodded.
"Pizza is good, but for me I have to admit to preferring ribs, especially grilled."

"My cabalmate may be willing to try to teach such a rote, I can pass on a request if you wish. And so long as it will not harm any of us..."

"That would be quite helpful thank you Mr Roth Hicks, no my rote should not harm anyone at worst it will fail. Well then unless you have any objections I will see what I can do then."
Mosfatt said as he stepped into the room.

"Yes, but think it could have been any House with enough dirt under its fingernails. Then they used our Houses to clean everything out for them...it worked, but our own sodales suffered. I can't say that there may have been any other way but in retrospect it was a bloody affair all the same."

"It was a horrible affair, a bloody affair but it was necessary to save the Order however I wish House Tremere had paid the price instead of House Diedne, that would have done as much good and we would not have ended up killing so many who are innocent."
Carmon said softly.

The noise was startling, to say the least, despair-filled sobbing was hard enough but he was paralyzed and the sound was strangled. Adley didn't know what he could do to comfort him, but tentatively reached out and brushed a hand over his hair. His tears had made his face a bloody mess and that was not how his face should look, it was not right...he'd have to find something to clean him up, once he calmed down a little.

Touching Carmon felt like touching a corpse, but at least the sound seamed a little softer when you did as if he took some comfort in your touch but he still cried, in utter despair for a while longer.

"I will miss you very much, I don't want to forget how you look, or sound like, or what your story was and what we know of you. Perhaps I will ask for a memorial picture to be made, if that is acceptable. You will no longer have to fear being bound by it's likeness, after all."

"I will miss you as well Amicus in whatever afterlife I get...hum a portrait...no I would not mind that, could it be a portrait that showed me as I was? As a magus and not as this thing I have become?"
He asked.
"Once I was a proud magus...if I am to be remembered I want to be remembered as that."

"There can only be so many accidents before it's a pattern and not a coincidence," he said. "Montreal...hrm, very well. If it is safe to do so, and I can find a way, I shall see if it can be delivered. I can't help but think that she will not be glad of the news and will be suspect of it."

"It is a pattern, Lodin murders all other Ventrue in Chicago unfortunately it can not be proven."
The old vampire hissed.
"Thank you, no she will not be happy, but I think she will understand that I...do not want to live with this loss any longer."
He added softly.
"I do not think she would act against you, my sweet Sophia would understand."

"He probably would have found some other reason to fault us if it had not been that, he was that type of man. Strange, but I can't think of his name..." He squinted at that, thinking to himself. "But that was the way of the times and he and the Order were more lenient than I would have found elsewhere, because we were Gifted. Things are much better now but hardly without discrimination, at least around here. Who is this other person, though? I can't remember..." Then he smiled a little at him. "Thank you, but we were not quite perfect yet, but we were working on it, and still are."

"Who other person where you referring to?"
Carmon asked and he seamed confused.
"As for Ernje's Pater he was called Amaris, and yes he was that sort of man, he would have found some sort of fault in you."
He said and sigh.
"But yes times have changed and that is good, I see no reason to judge someone over who they love, a person can not control that, and even if they could it harms no one."
The vampire declared.
"What about now, the person you are now, your Mentor do he or she treat you well?"

A frown crossed his face, then he gave a slow nod. "Your sister, is she still...?" he asked, unsure what to say, alive was not the right term. "And you are kinder than I, for I it seems that being unable to admit you were wrong and then perpetuating the mistake several times is terrible. But denial must have been strong," he sighed. "Still, I would have seen him take that course rather than do this to you or anyone else."

"No...my sister she..."
Carmon got a pained look in his eyes and sigh before meeting your gaze again.
"I did for her what I have asked you do for me a few hundred years ago when she could no longer stand the emptiness and loss."
He whispered.
"Perhaps the only way I have been able to survive is to give up on hate and focus on what good I can possibly do, my Sire did wrong but...I do not think I could ever hate him."

"You must have made effort to stay away from us. I can see why you had...things would not have gone well.

"It would have been better if I had not stayed away, dying on the battlefield would have been more honorable but I where to afraid back then, to afraid of the horror I had seen awaiting me when I am destroyed an so I fled."
Carmon admitted softly.

I can only promise that I will try, amicus. Flambeau are known for being long lived, but in the past we have managed to make a good death and I would hope for that again. One consideration, the Tremere or Ventrue may have realised you did not yet die, and are searching for you. It might be prudent to check for spells before we attend to your...wishes. Will you allow this?"

"Flambeau are bonfires they born brightly but often but out quickly, but take it from me, while a long and good life is preferable, a good life is better than a long one and a good death is a fine thing."
The vampire said.
"I agree such a examination should be done, I will allow it."
He consented.
"Thank you for asking me first though, many would not when it comes to a prisoner, you are a good man, I am sure Ernje would be proud if he had known you where his future incarnation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:31 pm

'You can have managed time-skips?' Nicole replied, a bit confused.

"Using time ars, I imagine so but it would not be prudent to do such a thing. Sooner or later the Great Reckoner catches up with one who does such things."

"That would be quite helpful thank you Mr Roth Hicks, no my rote should not harm anyone at worst it will fail. Well then unless you have any objections I will see what I can do then." Mosfatt said as he stepped into the room.

"I will ask him. And please do try," he said with a nod. Once inside the room he told Carmon, "He is going to give us some assistance, as I said. It should not harm us."

"It was a horrible affair, a bloody affair but it was necessary to save the Order however I wish House Tremere had paid the price instead of House Diedne, that would have done as much good and we would not have ended up killing so many who are innocent."
Carmon said softly.

"No one knew what your House was up to until it was far too late, including other members of your House it seems."

Touching Carmon felt like touching a corpse, but at least the sound seamed a little softer when you did as if he took some comfort in your touch but he still cried, in utter despair for a while longer.

It was worse than touching a doll that was utterly life like, hair normally did not feel alive but somehow this was different and disturbing. But less so than the bloody tears.

"I will miss you as well Amicus in whatever afterlife I get...hum a portrait...no I would not mind that, could it be a portrait that showed me as I was? As a magus and not as this thing I have become?" He asked. "Once I was a proud magus...if I am to be remembered I want to be remembered as that."

"This I can do. I have many memories to choose from, after all. Perhaps on your horse, the first time I showed you how to ride without a full saddle?" he teased, trying to cheer him a little bit.

"Thank you, no she will not be happy, but I think she will understand that I...do not want to live with this loss any longer."
He added softly.
"I do not think she would act against you, my sweet Sophia would understand."

"People can have various reactions to grief, amicus."

"Who other person where you referring to?"
Carmon asked and he seamed confused.

"Ah, I meant the man you said he was with, after he left his mentorship. I was not gifted with those memories, much of the middle times after he lost you..."

"As for Ernje's Pater he was called Amaris, and yes he was that sort of man, he would have found some sort of fault in you."
He said and sigh.
"But yes times have changed and that is good, I see no reason to judge someone over who they love, a person can not control that, and even if they could it harms no one."
The vampire declared.
"What about now, the person you are now, your Mentor do he or she treat you well?"

"Fitting name, I suppose. My mentor is a good man, I have been fortunate in this life in many ways."

"No...my sister she..."
Carmon got a pained look in his eyes and sigh before meeting your gaze again.
"I did for her what I have asked you do for me a few hundred years ago when she could no longer stand the emptiness and loss."
He whispered.

"I see...I'm sorry..."

"It would have been better if I had not stayed away, dying on the battlefield would have been more honorable but I where to afraid back then, to afraid of the horror I had seen awaiting me when I am destroyed an so I fled."
Carmon admitted softly.

He nodded.

"Flambeau are bonfires they born brightly but often but out quickly, but take it from me, while a long and good life is preferable, a good life is better than a long one and a good death is a fine thing."
The vampire said.
"I agree such a examination should be done, I will allow it."
He consented.
"Thank you for asking me first though, many would not when it comes to a prisoner, you are a good man, I am sure Ernje would be proud if he had known you where his future incarnation."

He nodded. "I hope so, and I hope that I live up to him as well. He has set quite a high standard," he said. Then he looked at Carmon and dug around in his bag to see if he hand any of the stuff he'd packed before, gloves, napkins or the towelettes, to clean him up and not get himself covered in his blood in the process. He hated being squeamish but it was not for nothing, vampire blood was poison of the worst kind and no greater reminder than a vampire that had once been a mage, and his best friend. "Will you allow me to clean your face off, before I go? It pains me to see you this way, though you have every reason for your tears."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:44 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'And give me a half-hour, and I can show you some equally disturbing vids titled "small children dying from easily preventable diseases".' Nicole replied a little acidly. 'What does our resident Doc say?'

Anja's Post:

'Why would she think she'd turn out like him?' the Etherite replied, looking confused. 'A person is defined by their upbringing, their choices - not set in stone by genetics. It's why that old "eugenics" thing was a complete crock of shit.'

Anja's Post:

'Ah, just pass it here.' holding out her gloved hand for the now-empty can.

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

A short silence before replying. 'I can see that being pretty useful; as long as it's easy to activate - if it's too hard or long I won't bother. Is it possible to make it possible for me to use each vial independently? Y'know, so I have five uses per load, rather than one?'

Anja's Post:

'Plus, it's in your interest to dose me up with the raw meat. Not only do you get field reports on them, but increases my chances I'll come back one day clutching say a Union Hardsuit in my mouth.' Nicole replied, tone making it clear that she accepted the quid pro quo arrangement and appreciated it being open.

'Oh, yeah. Heard a term recently, but don't get it. Asked someone here, but...' trailing off with Nicole's "was all too much" shrug. 'Kin-Folk. Now, I understand it means they're sorta related to one of the shape-changing Cryptids, but don't know anything more than that.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... I remember someone who'd been there recently mentioning they'd been given an assist by a "helpful cyborg".' Nicole mused. 'Though the place is one of the largest cities in the country, could easily be more than one running around...'

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

The puzzled frown on Nicole's face made it clear she didn't understand much of that. Including possibly "prudent".
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:13 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"I get the point about creating while one are inspired but you should celebrate as well Serge, I am sure you can create something nice from pictures as well."
"Pizza is good, but for me I have to admit to preferring ribs, especially grilled."

"Haven't had ribs in a long time. Or at all...." Serge admitted trying to remember a time when he actually did have some ribs. "Wouldn't mind having some. They always looked delicious in those tv ads."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:''Cos I ain't seen a phone book in ten years but wanted to re-use the Dresden joke about him being in it under "Wizard" but couldn't think of anything but Yelp.' Nicole said. 'Hmm... Craigslist...' seemingly seriously considering it. '...er, nah. Half of folk would think that was just code for "murderer for hire" and the other half I'd have to kill after they've read my résumé.'

'Anyway, the folk who need to know will do soon enough. Won't be long 'till I get a call to do some minding work for some young chair-polisher or something.'

"I need to re-read the Dresden files. Lots of cool spell ideas in them." Serge said, mostly to himself. Wanting to keep the conversation going he then asked, "So what kind of adventurer work do you want to be offered? If someone did ask you to explore, no reason given, some creepy place, like a haunted house or an abandoned factory on top of the hill would you do it? I assume you would but it doesn't hurt to ask."

(OOC: Sorry, I can see how that was confusing. Serge is saying everything.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:40 am

"I will ask him. And please do try," he said with a nod. Once inside the room he told Carmon, "He is going to give us some assistance, as I said. It should not harm us."

Carmon looked scared for a moment but then he seamed to relax as Mosfatt nodded to you and begun a new series of elegant, controlled movements drawn together into almost a dance, the air started feeling charged, like right before he storm, ten the Akashic stopped dancing.
"Ok that should do it, now let us see if it worked."
The Akashic said.
"What if I go outside the room and you can try to say something and we will see."

"No one knew what your House was up to until it was far too late, including other members of your House it seems."

"House Guernicus knew, there was a Tribunal held between Houses Guernicus and Tremere discussing the Diedne, we however believed it to be more likely that the judges would side with Diedne though when Tremere declared war on them."
Carmon explained.

"This I can do. I have many memories to choose from, after all. Perhaps on your horse, the first time I showed you how to ride without a full saddle?" he teased, trying to cheer him a little bit.

"A painting on me on my behind on the ground after I ha been thrown of then, or perhaps with a look of terror on my face as I clung to the bloody horse for dare life."
The old Tremere said he sounded a little amused.
"I never understand how you could ride without any from of saddle or at least a blanket thrown over the horse Amicus."

"People can have various reactions to grief, amicus."

"This is true and Sophia would be a terrible enemy sh is cunning and patient, but she is also kind, I think she would understand."
Carmon said softly.

"Ah, I meant the man you said he was with, after he left his mentorship. I was not gifted with those memories, much of the middle times after he lost you..."

"Ah, Willar Dulippe, he was a lesser nobleman and a officer in our Covenant's grog army. He was a handsome man, a good soldier and warrior and he was also kind. You could not openly show your relationship off course, but you loved him, he was not afraid of you even if you where a Magus of great power, and he would tell you when you where wrong in no uncertain manner, he kept your feet on the ground you said and he joined us for many campaigns. You stayed with him even after he started to age, you stayed with him until his death in combat, you where happy together and I am thankful for that."
The vampire said.
"He was good for you and he was a good man."

"Fitting name, I suppose. My mentor is a good man, I have been fortunate in this life in many ways."

"It gladdens my heart to hear it Amicus."

"I see...I'm sorry..."

The vampire looked at you sadly or a while but he said nothing more about his sister.

He nodded. "I hope so, and I hope that I live up to him as well. He has set quite a high standard," he said.

"That he do, he was...a magnificent magus, but you seam to be doing pretty well young one, I see him in you."
Carmon said.

hen he looked at Carmon and dug around in his bag to see if he hand any of the stuff he'd packed before, gloves, napkins or the towelettes, to clean him up and not get himself covered in his blood in the process. He hated being squeamish but it was not for nothing, vampire blood was poison of the worst kind and no greater reminder than a vampire that had once been a mage, and his best friend. "Will you allow me to clean your face off, before I go? It pains me to see you this way, though you have every reason for your tears."

"I would be handkful if you do Amicus, I would like to look halfway decent when I die, I might be dead but I still have my pride."
Carmon said gratefully. You had the supplies you had packed in your bag so you had what you needed to clean him up and not get his blood on you.

[Nicole's Apartment]

'And give me a half-hour, and I can show you some equally disturbing vids titled "small children dying from easily preventable diseases".' Nicole replied a little acidly. 'What does our resident Doc say?'

"I am fully aware of that Miss Bouchard, I had tuberculosis as a child but I was one of the lucky ones and I survived with very few lasting ill effects, my two year old brother however and two of my aunts where not as lucky."
Darrian said darkly then he sigh.
"Dr Lee says that he normally would not recommend using force and holding a child down for preventative medicine, and rather try to convince kids to go along with it willingly, however we are in a bit of a bind since if Mr Wainwright's apprentice Anna get just about any disease at this moment, especially anything that affect her heart and lung she will die and little Miss Wainwright is so phobic of needles that vaccinating her will not be safe so we have to relay on herd immunity."

'Why would she think she'd turn out like him?' the Etherite replied, looking confused. 'A person is defined by their upbringing, their choices - not set in stone by genetics. It's why that old "eugenics" thing was a complete crock of shit.'

"Agreed however she is the man's clone so I would understand it if she would harbor such worries."
The Alchemist said then he sigh.

'Ah, just pass it here.' holding out her gloved hand for the now-empty can.

"Thank you."
Darrian said as he handed you the can.

[Skype Call]

A short silence before replying. 'I can see that being pretty useful; as long as it's easy to activate - if it's too hard or long I won't bother. Is it possible to make it possible for me to use each vial independently? Y'know, so I have five uses per load, rather than one?'

"Off course it would be one hand gesture to activate and yes I do not think making each vial individually activated should be to hard to do, I could change how the blade is released so you have two triggers for that one with and one without the drug."
Baynes confirmed and nodded.

'Plus, it's in your interest to dose me up with the raw meat. Not only do you get field reports on them, but increases my chances I'll come back one day clutching say a Union Hardsuit in my mouth.' Nicole replied, tone making it clear that she accepted the quid pro quo arrangement and appreciated it being open.

"Believe it or not Nicole I do wish to keep you alive, you have potential."
The older Etherite commented.
"Well then if you get any data that might interest me do contact me and I will work on the upgrades we have discussed."

'Oh, yeah. Heard a term recently, but don't get it. Asked someone here, but...' trailing off with Nicole's "was all too much" shrug. 'Kin-Folk. Now, I understand it means they're sorta related to one of the shape-changing Cryptids, but don't know anything more than that.'

"I am afraid I do not know much about that. I know some shapechanging cyptids have been seen to prefer to breed with certain people, who they usually guard jealously, beyond that I know nothing about it. Shapechangers are not my department."
Baynes said and he shook his head dismissively.

'Hmm... I remember someone who'd been there recently mentioning they'd been given an assist by a "helpful cyborg".' Nicole mused. 'Though the place is one of the largest cities in the country, could easily be more than one running around...'

"There could be several so I do not know if that refer to Miss Kelly."
The other Scientist commented and again he shook his head.
"I can always ask her."

[Cabal Meeting]

"Haven't had ribs in a long time. Or at all...." Serge admitted trying to remember a time when he actually did have some ribs. "Wouldn't mind having some. They always looked delicious in those tv ads."

"The one I cook up in the oven is not as good as the ones grilled, but they are still good, you are welcome to come over for dinner one day and I will cook some of them up."
Bruce said and he nodded.
"Or we might be able to do a BBQ up in the roof garden. That might be nice."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:10 am

The puzzled frown on Nicole's face made it clear she didn't understand much of that. Including possibly "prudent".

"I've seen so many strange things, and use of the art of time was at times involved,; I would not be surprised if it were possible to do 'time skips' but it would be highly vulgar, and get you visits from certain Paradox Spirits whom I would rather not get visits from," he clarified. "Nevermind...how did your job interview go?"

[Cabal Meeting]

"The one I cook up in the oven is not as good as the ones grilled, but they are still good, you are welcome to come over for dinner one day and I will cook some of them up."

"Maybe in the summer, it's starting to get a bit brisk in the evening."

"Ok that should do it, now let us see if it worked."
The Akashic said.
"What if I go outside the room and you can try to say something and we will see."

"Very well," he agreed and waited until the man had left and said in a regular speaking voice, "Is anything I'm saying intelligible to you? I'm using my normal speaking tone, if you can't understand me than this should well suffice, and I thank you..."

"House Guernicus knew, there was a Tribunal held between Houses Guernicus and Tremere discussing the Diedne, we however believed it to be more likely that the judges would side with Diedne though when Tremere declared war on them." Carmon explained.

"Hence what you said earlier then," he added with a frown.

"A painting on me on my behind on the ground after I ha been thrown of then, or perhaps with a look of terror on my face as I clung to the bloody horse for dare life."
The old Tremere said he sounded a little amused. "I never understand how you could ride without any from of saddle or at least a blanket thrown over the horse Amicus."

"If it's any consolation, the horse looked more surprised than you did..." he said with a smile. "Well, I will make a good portrait, more dignified than that. If you remember something in particular, perhaps I can try to see if we can also remember."

"This is true and Sophia would be a terrible enemy sh is cunning and patient, but she is also kind, I think she would understand."
Carmon said softly.

He raised an eyebrow. "Let us hope so."

"Ah, Willar Dulippe, he was a lesser nobleman and a officer in our Covenant's grog army. He was a handsome man, a good soldier and warrior and he was also kind. You could not openly show your relationship off course, but you loved him, he was not afraid of you even if you where a Magus of great power, and he would tell you when you where wrong in no uncertain manner, he kept your feet on the ground you said and he joined us for many campaigns. You stayed with him even after he started to age, you stayed with him until his death in combat, you where happy together and I am thankful for that."
The vampire said.
"He was good for you and he was a good man."

"Perhaps he was able to be himself with at least one other person, that is good. Thank you for telling me."

"That he do, he was...a magnificent magus, but you seam to be doing pretty well young one, I see him in you."
Carmon said.

"You knew...and I knew who you were, too."

"I would be handkful if you do Amicus, I would like to look halfway decent when I die, I might be dead but I still have my pride."
Carmon said gratefully. You had the supplies you had packed in your bag so you had what you needed to clean him up and not get his blood on you.

He nodded to him. "Very well." After he'd gathered the items he cleaned his face off, frowning.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:34 am

[Cabal Meeting]

"Maybe in the summer, it's starting to get a bit brisk in the evening."

"That should not be to much of a problem, we can just wear coats or for that matter cook the food over an barbecue and then go inside to eat."
Bruce protested.

"Very well," he agreed and waited until the man had left and said in a regular speaking voice, "Is anything I'm saying intelligible to you? I'm using my normal speaking tone, if you can't understand me than this should well suffice, and I thank you..."

Mosfatt nodded at that then he left the room and waited for a while before he came back in.
"I heard your voice, even though the Forces part of the spell the Entropy component garbled so I could not make out the words the gods be praised."

"Hence what you said earlier then," he added with a frown.

"Indeed so."
Carmon replied.

"If it's any consolation, the horse looked more surprised than you did..." he said with a smile. "Well, I will make a good portrait, more dignified than that. If you remember something in particular, perhaps I can try to see if we can also remember."

"I think perhaps I baffled the horse with my incompetence."
The vampire said sounding amused.
"Hum...one day, before the war, we went for a ride, I used a saddle that time, you had spent months developing a spell in your lab and we where going to the sea to test it out, sending it out over th water where it would do no harm, that was a good day, and that spell you created where magnificent, perhaps a painting from that day."
You did remember, you had created a spell to send a spiral of flames, like a wheel, with a hard core of air flying towards the enemy, at the end of the day as the sun went down you and Carmon where sending the spinning flame wheels out over the ocean, competing in who could send them the farthest, laughing and just enjoying some harmless fun with your magick.

He raised an eyebrow. "Let us hope so."

"I would not ask you to send the letter if I thought Sophia would then become a danger to you Amicus."
The old Tremere assured you.

"Perhaps he was able to be himself with at least one other person, that is good. Thank you for telling me."

You had a fleeting memory of a tall, thin man, with pale, graying hair who waited just long enough for the tent flap to be closed before he wrapped his arms around you, kissing you passionatly, it had been a hard battle and you where both covered in sweat, you had nearly died twice but this man reminded you that there where good reasons to fight for life and that life could be gone tomorrow so it was best to enjoy it while you could.
"Yes I think he did, and I am glad Ernje had him."

"You knew...and I knew who you were, too."

"That is all I can hope for, that someone will remember who I was...before all this."
Carmon whispered.

He nodded to him. "Very well." After he'd gathered the items he cleaned his face off, frowning.

You felt Carmon's cold flesh though the gloves as you cleaned his face up, when you wiped around his mouth you heard a soft, pained sound reminding you of how Matty Carlyle had ripped Carmon's fangs out. You got it cleaned up though and looking decent.
"Thank you."
The conjured voice whispered proudly.
"I was a Magus of the Order once I should die looking somewhat dignified."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:03 am

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Back in Detroit, that was easy. Plenty of abandoned places; simply go in, secure and use.' Nicole replied with a smile. 'Much harder to do that here in Boston, mind...'

Serge's Post:

'I would do that, as long as it was worth my while; done that kind of thing quite a few times before - the whole "I'm here if you're right and something is here" thing.' polishing off much of her dessert.

[Seemingly running out of topics; finish up meal and head back?]

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... why would Cava need force to be jabbed?' Nicole replied, brow furrowing.

Anja's Post:

'Not a perfect clone. Wrong gender. Plus, you've need to do a DNA test on both to see if they are genetically identical, or just very similar.'

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

A nod to this.

Anja's Post:

'Will do.' giving a nod. 'Oh, I'm still getting some shoulder stress. Seems rather common; one group says I can get rid of this simply with training, while others say only some bone strengthening will get rid. I'm also getting a little in the lower back; is this being caused by the weight differences between the arms?'

Anja's Post:

'Lucky them.' Nicole commented, a series of clicks as she opened up a browser, loaded a search engine and typed in 'do rats mate for life?' to it.

Anja's Post:

'Ah, no need. I can always ask on my end.'

[RI Roadtrip]

Adlye's Post:

'Interview? Yeah, good enough; got the job, yes?' Nicole replied, nodding. 'Guy's a bit confused on how to handle me, mind...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:24 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Erm... why would Cava need force to be jabbed?' Nicole replied, brow furrowing.

"Because most kids dislike needles and she is five and we are talking about six or more injections in one session and I fear it might be hard to get her to agree to that willingly since she have had nothing to do with doctors in the past, other than when she was taken from her home, sold and brought here so we could get a sample of her blood without raising suspicions."
Darrian said and he raised an eyebrow.
"I have asked her about it and she is skeptical, not scared perhaps but quite skeptical."

'Not a perfect clone. Wrong gender. Plus, you've need to do a DNA test on both to see if they are genetically identical, or just very similar.'

"True I am actually not sure how she was made, but she was made from Jace's flesh and magickally implanted into her mother's body, a quite impressive piece of work actually."
The Alchemist said and he shrugged slightly.
"In either case she is her own person and she will not end up asl Wallace Jace I will make sure of it."

[Skype Call]

'Will do.' giving a nod. 'Oh, I'm still getting some shoulder stress. Seems rather common; one group says I can get rid of this simply with training, while others say only some bone strengthening will get rid. I'm also getting a little in the lower back; is this being caused by the weight differences between the arms?'

"I would think it have to do with the weight difference, are you experiencing tension headaches?"
Baynes asked.
"Could you get yourself checked out by a physician or if need be a mystic healer they should be able to say if it is a weight difference issue which can be solved by training and posture correction or if you need bone strengthening. I have a cure for that but it hurts like fuck so I would recommend checking if it is needed first, besides you would need to come in so I could work at you if I where to do something about your bones."

'Lucky them.' Nicole commented, a series of clicks as she opened up a browser, loaded a search engine and typed in 'do rats mate for life?' to it.

"The woman I just spoke of Miss Kelly have a Cabalmate who apparently have some knowledge of shape changers, I can try to get your question to her, but I am not sure what will come of it as I don't know this person myself."
The Etherite offered.

'Ah, no need. I can always ask on my end.'

"Very well."
Baynes said simply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'There's your answer then - don't raise suspicions. Kids ain't stupid; if the adults around them are fussing like it's a Big Thing, they pick up the vibes even if they're saying "it's nothing". Just treat it like it's a normal thing, perhaps get an adult or two to get jabbed at the same time.'

Anja's Post:

'Different gender, different upbringing. Why the hell would she follow the exact same path?' ending with a shrug, clearly seeing this as a non-issue.

[Skype Call]

Anja's Post:

'I'll check in with our Doc here. Simply letting you know; after all you need to document all the info to see if these things are a usual side-effect.' Nicole replied. 'While we're at it; I'm finding myself feeling overheated a bit more often. Think it's the sub-dermal pads acting as a partial layer of insulation. Was wondering; is it possible to use them to cut down my heat signature and perhaps even as a heating device when I'm cold?' utterly unaware that she was showing a classic attribute of many transhumans - the urge towards self-improvement.

Anja's Post:

'Thanks, but hold off for now on that. It's just come up, not asked anyone here yet. After saving this place and city from the Fallen my credit is good.' ending with a smirk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:18 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps so Colin, I hope you are right."
Bruce said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "We most certainly can do more than just hope - and I'll make damn sure of that, too. The only question is how much we can accomplish, but we certainly will do what we can, regardless."

Anja wrote:"I know I just wish she had not ended up getting hurt, Bee did not deserve what happened to her."
The Artificer said and he shook his head sadly.
He frowned, "That is... true, she did not deserve it. However, if that had not happened, there would be information we would not have otherwise attained. Victory always demands a price, and in this case, she paid the lion's share... Going back to change the events of that Thursday might be possible, but I would potentially risk losing the battles on Sunday."

Jeremy wrote:"That's one specific case, and even then there's pirating and free streaming websites available. Not too mention most libraries and schools have computers if families start lacking those as well. Sure some things will be blocked but not everything but with a little bit of effort you can find anything." Serge argued.
Anja wrote:"Yeah well I think that most young people would rather pirate content or use a service like Popcorn time rather than watch a local channel which is mostly filled wit programming for those over eighty."
Bruce said and shrugged.
He shrugged slightly, "Less specific case than you might think - I can see the trend clear enough; more families end up trying to feed themselves on parents working double shifts each day. Most such, hm, less-legal options appear to require an investment of time, the legal streaming options require an investment of money, and library computers are hardly suitable for movie night with the whole family... It essentially boils down to available resources."

Jeremy wrote:"Wouldn't be too difficult to draw either. Wonder if I could draw it during the banquet? A small snapshot of the banquet, friends and allies sitting together, enjoying the peace after the battle."
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, yes you talked of throwing a party of sorts. Let me know so I can try to keep the date clear..."
Anja wrote:"A party might indeed be fun."
Bruce agreed.
"And heaven knows we deserve one."
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded in agreement with Bruce. "Yeah, you guys definitely deserve it after all you've done."
Anja wrote:"Hey don't forget yourself kid, you have helped as well."
Bruce said and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"Right. But if I'm gonna be drawing the whole scene I probably won't have time to eat." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Why don't you just attend Serge and draw in the ambience and feel of the scene and we can take some pictures you can draw from later?"
Bruce asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Good point. It feels so much better drawing things live. Feeling the camaraderie, and ambiance, and all that stuff." Serge said. "But yeah I'll attend it just the same as all of you guys. As for my favorite food, I like most things. But my favorite things gotta be pizza. You can never go wrong with pizza."
Anja wrote:"I get the point about creating while one are inspired but you should celebrate as well Serge, I am sure you can create something nice from pictures as well."
Jeremy wrote:"Haven't had ribs in a long time. Or at all...." Serge admitted trying to remember a time when he actually did have some ribs. "Wouldn't mind having some. They always looked delicious in those tv ads."
Anja wrote:"The one I cook up in the oven is not as good as the ones grilled, but they are still good, you are welcome to come over for dinner one day and I will cook some of them up."
S7trif3 wrote:"Maybe in the summer, it's starting to get a bit brisk in the evening."
Anja wrote:"That should not be to much of a problem, we can just wear coats or for that matter cook the food over an barbecue and then go inside to eat."
Bruce protested.
He nodded, "I'm sure it would be quite good if you soaked up the mood of the dinner while eating, and kept that fresh in mind for painting later. Obviously, some photos of the evening will be in order. I can't promise any pizza, though, but a few roasts will be likely, and perhaps a few extinct recipes if the Chief approves of the grocery list from Horizon to rummage for herbs and spices that are no longer found on Earth. With a little luck, I might even be able to serve up a few plates of stuffed mice; I had them recommended to me this past weekend as a long-forgotten delicacy."

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure that will fit with the natural stone walls in there Colin."
Bruce protested.
Jeremy wrote:"Really? It felt warm and fuzzy to me. Like I could sit and draw there all day long."
He smiled wryly, "True enough, the appropriateness of a painting there is above my pay grade in any case. But if you are quite in tune with the Node, I suppose it would feel more comfortable. Or perhaps someone managed to plug in a space heater."

Jeremy wrote:"Aaah, restraint. The first thing they teach you in Cult of Ecstasy school. Right after learning how to not restrain yourself." Serge said with a chuckle.
He arched an eyebrow, "Quite, I was under the distinct impression that knowing when to slow down or even stop was one of the most important tenets of the Cult?"

Jeremy wrote:"Right, sorry. After all I've heard about you I sometimes forget that. But I understand and I'll try and keep those ideas to myself." Serge said apologetically, feeling worse and worse.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley looked at Colin and then back at the table in front of him. "I still feel like we're in the middle of a battle and I'm not sure if it will wear off, or if it should, since we are in some ways at perpetual war. And the last time I got complacent I nearly got myself killed." He paused for an uncomfortablly long time saying nothing, then added, "Well, I think we've covered everything we need to try to deal with in the next short while."
He nodded, swallowing hard, "Thank you... Adley, you're likely still not entirely come down from the combat high yet. When you do... if you suddenly feel yourself back in battle at the sound of an exhaust pipe going off, or the sudden flash of light reflected off a glass door swinging open, seek help right away, don't try to ignore it; it won't go away..."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:The blond girl nodded she still looked impressed.
"That is really cool actually."
He smiled wryly, "Well, it has its disadvantages; if you can't see spirits, they generally can't see you, and if a particularly grumpy one notices you can see it, it might decide to try to make your day miserable. I have a few options for dealing with that, but they're a bit impractical. And then there are spirits that just look... disturbing, like the love child of Freddy Kruger and Slenderman kind of disturbing."

Nicole wrote:'Now that's just insulting... like I'd be that stupid.' the large woman replied, giving a bit of a sulky pout.
He grinned, "Oh, you know as well as I that you're too smart to do that, so I'd say ten to one odds that the Military in their remarkably finite wisdom would pair you up with the precise utter berk who is that stupid."

[Avatar Restoration Discussion, Cita's apartment]
Anja wrote:Cita, a Master of Correspondence where about to say something but then she decided against it and let the example stand.
He grinned to Cita, "I know, I know, imperfect simile, but it should be good enough for Mr. Karyak."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes Kyle I forgot about him, well rather forgot for a moment what he is, but no he is not to be exposed to such experimentation either."
Cita said and shook her head.
Anja wrote:"Indeed, we still don't know what happened there..." He frowned.
He nodded, "I know an individual or two that might be willing to volunteer - but if it comes up, I will be the one to ask them, not Mr. Karyak."

Anja wrote:"Like I said examining her Avatar after it have been invited out of her soul and comparing it to the scale can work, it will not be as precise as if we could put the future scale and a current one side by sie but it would be far more plesant for the kid."
Cita agreed and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"Many avatars are not well pleased at being viewed by others except in certain circumstances, but I know that Master Telar has said there were some that were more gregarious than others. That might be a good place to start, assuming they are willing of course."
He nodded, "For this, at least, we have the option of asking for volunteers from anywhere, not just the Fallen. It would be an excellent opportunity to see if Avatars are subject to more, less, or the same degree of discomfort at an examination when invited outside of the host."

((OOC: So, tried to post last night... When it's approaching midnight, and you've written up most of the post, and accidentally click a link so the whole post vanishes as you change page - that just might leave you too despondent and frustrated to start over right away. Neutral ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:56 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'There's your answer then - don't raise suspicions. Kids ain't stupid; if the adults around them are fussing like it's a Big Thing, they pick up the vibes even if they're saying "it's nothing". Just treat it like it's a normal thing, perhaps get an adult or two to get jabbed at the same time.'

"I agree fussing over the whole thing will only serve to scare Cava it should be treated as a common thing and seeing someone else getting vaccinated and being fine is probably a good idea as well, however I will not force her, if I take her to get vaccinated i she at any point says no it is no, I might try to talk her into it but if she says stop it stops."
Darrian said and frowned.

'Different gender, different upbringing. Why the hell would she follow the exact same path?' ending with a shrug, clearly seeing this as a non-issue.

"Well she is Wallace Jace's magickal creation I can certainly see how it would be easy to assume she would walk down the same path as him, and more than one child have been worried they will grow up to be just like their parents."
The Alchemist said dryly.

[Skype Call]

'I'll check in with our Doc here. Simply letting you know; after all you need to document all the info to see if these things are a usual side-effect.' Nicole replied. 'While we're at it; I'm finding myself feeling overheated a bit more often. Think it's the sub-dermal pads acting as a partial layer of insulation. Was wondering; is it possible to use them to cut down my heat signature and perhaps even as a heating device when I'm cold?' utterly unaware that she was showing a classic attribute of many transhumans - the urge towards self-improvement.

"Good let me know what the doctor says and yes I do appreciate you letting me know so I can keep a record of all your side effects it is indeed important to document things."
Baynes said.
"Hum...yes using the heat pads in such a way should be possible however it would be a fair deal of work, I can look into it for you once I am done with the other projects you wanted me to get on though."

Thanks, but hold off for now on that. It's just come up, not asked anyone here yet. After saving this place and city from the Fallen my credit is good.' ending with a smirk.

"As you wish, we can discuss it further if you do not manage to figure out what you want to know on your own."
The Etherite agreed and nodded.

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]

Colin nodded, "We most certainly can do more than just hope - and I'll make damn sure of that, too. The only question is how much we can accomplish, but we certainly will do what we can, regardless."

Bruce just nodded at that.

He frowned, "That is... true, she did not deserve it. However, if that had not happened, there would be information we would not have otherwise attained. Victory always demands a price, and in this case, she paid the lion's share... Going back to change the events of that Thursday might be possible, but I would potentially risk losing the battles on Sunday."

"I would not go back in time and change things but if I had been told we had to sacrifice Bee to win then screw that then I would protect her there and then, I will not let her get hurt again, not for any reason."
The Artificer said in a huff.

He shrugged slightly, "Less specific case than you might think - I can see the trend clear enough; more families end up trying to feed themselves on parents working double shifts each day. Most such, hm, less-legal options appear to require an investment of time, the legal streaming options require an investment of money, and library computers are hardly suitable for movie night with the whole family... It essentially boils down to available resources."

Bruce pulled out his phone, brought up the web browser, typed in popcorn time and tapped something then he showed you.
"There you gp, that much time and you have a slew of movies and shows at your disposal for free, that is less time than getting an antenna and watch the news and shit."
He said plainly.

He nodded, "I'm sure it would be quite good if you soaked up the mood of the dinner while eating, and kept that fresh in mind for painting later. Obviously, some photos of the evening will be in order. I can't promise any pizza, though, but a few roasts will be likely, and perhaps a few extinct recipes if the Chief approves of the grocery list from Horizon to rummage for herbs and spices that are no longer found on Earth. With a little luck, I might even be able to serve up a few plates of stuffed mice; I had them recommended to me this past weekend as a long-forgotten delicacy."

"Mice as in the rodent...well....that is interesting I guess."
Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.
"I am sure it will be a nice dinner in either case."

He smiled wryly, "True enough, the appropriateness of a painting there is above my pay grade in any case. But if you are quite in tune with the Node, I suppose it would feel more comfortable. Or perhaps someone managed to plug in a space heater."

"That the Node have a low temperature is not going to change by hanging up a painting Colin."
The other Orphan commented.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He smiled wryly, "Well, it has its disadvantages; if you can't see spirits, they generally can't see you, and if a particularly grumpy one notices you can see it, it might decide to try to make your day miserable. I have a few options for dealing with that, but they're a bit impractical. And then there are spirits that just look... disturbing, like the love child of Freddy Kruger and Slenderman kind of disturbing."

"I am not sure if that is really cool or really disturbing. I still say being able to see spirits are neat though. I would love to be able to see them."
The blond girl said.
"Not even Trina can see spirits? Are there any spirits around here?"

[Avatar Restoration Discussion, Cita's apartment]

He grinned to Cita, "I know, I know, imperfect simile, but it should be good enough for Mr. Karyak."

"You are probably right about that Mr Wainwright."
Cita said with a slight smile.

He nodded, "I know an individual or two that might be willing to volunteer - but if it comes up, I will be the one to ask them, not Mr. Karyak."

Cita nodded at that.
"Very well Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "For this, at least, we have the option of asking for volunteers from anywhere, not just the Fallen. It would be an excellent opportunity to see if Avatars are subject to more, less, or the same degree of discomfort at an examination when invited outside of the host."

"I see little point in such a test, yes it hurt the host just as much if their Avatar is hurt when the Avatar is pulled out of the soul as when it is inside of it, however testing this on a number of people, what on earth will that do for our case?"
Cita asked and she gave you a very confused look.

(OOC: Yeah that have happened to me a few times as well it is really annoying."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:00 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He shrugged slightly, "Less specific case than you might think - I can see the trend clear enough; more families end up trying to feed themselves on parents working double shifts each day. Most such, hm, less-legal options appear to require an investment of time, the legal streaming options require an investment of money, and library computers are hardly suitable for movie night with the whole family... It essentially boils down to available resources."

"I would argue that the less-legal options require no investment of time at all but I can see how people less familiar with those methods might struggle." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"The one I cook up in the oven is not as good as the ones grilled, but they are still good, you are welcome to come over for dinner one day and I will cook some of them up."
Adley wrote:"Maybe in the summer, it's starting to get a bit brisk in the evening."

"Whoa Whoa whoa. Hold up. Hold up. Hold up." Serge said rapidly, repeating his words for emphasis. "Roof Garden? We have a roof garden! Why did no one tell me about that!"

Colin wrote:He nodded, "I'm sure it would be quite good if you soaked up the mood of the dinner while eating, and kept that fresh in mind for painting later. Obviously, some photos of the evening will be in order. I can't promise any pizza, though, but a few roasts will be likely, and perhaps a few extinct recipes if the Chief approves of the grocery list from Horizon to rummage for herbs and spices that are no longer found on Earth. With a little luck, I might even be able to serve up a few plates of stuffed mice; I had them recommended to me this past weekend as a long-forgotten delicacy."

"What are they stuffed with? The extinct herbs and spices?" Serge asked curiously.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Quite, I was under the distinct impression that knowing when to slow down or even stop was one of the most important tenets of the Cult?"

"It is buuut....the Ecstatics aren't the most organized group. The values and lessons vary wildly from member to member and mentor to mentor. Although the ones who are told to slow down from time to time are the ones that usually survive long enough to pass on their teachings." Serge said with a shrug.

(OOC: That is quite annoying. That's happen to me a couple of times too, especially when I was typing on my phone. I just learned to copy the entire post from time to time in case that happens.)

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Back in Detroit, that was easy. Plenty of abandoned places; simply go in, secure and use.' Nicole replied with a smile. 'Much harder to do that here in Boston, mind...'

"That...definitely doesn't sound right. Just go in and take it?" Serge said, looking back down at his picture of what was evidently a man standing in a room with price tags on everything, including the room itself. Likely what Serge thought of when he thought of buying a room.

"Have you looked around for any abandoned places? Boston's gotta have some sort of abandon buildings somewhere."

Nicole wrote:'I would do that, as long as it was worth my while; done that kind of thing quite a few times before - the whole "I'm here if you're right and something is here" thing.' polishing off much of her dessert.

"What kinds of places have you explored? Haunted Houses? Seen or busted any ghosts yet?" Serge asked, shoveling more cheesecake into his mouth as he saw Nicole finishing off her desert.

(OOC: I'm cool with that. Time for the adventure back  Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:20 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"I would argue that the less-legal options require no investment of time at all but I can see how people less familiar with those methods might struggle." Serge said with a nod.

"Which is exactly my argument, the old might then resort to using an antennae, but younger folks are far more likely to just use one of the illegal options."
Bruce declared.

"Whoa Whoa whoa. Hold up. Hold up. Hold up." Serge said rapidly, repeating his words for emphasis. "Roof Garden? We have a roof garden! Why did no one tell me about that!"

"It is fairly new, Miss Rozzo made it, the garden is pretty neat though you should take a look up there at some point."
The Orphan said with a smile.

(OOC: Yeah I always copy my posts to avoid loosing them.)
(OOC 2: Now that the scenes Serge is in are ending what scene would you like us to do for him next?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next