Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:29 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Answered your own question again, you have.' Nicole replied, after listening to his concerns. 'To have the jabs done in a gentle manner, not a "roll sleeve, shove it in, Next!" conveyor belt. To get the Doc to draw up a plan for the jabs which provides maximum protection with minimum of needles - suspect the current way is done 'cos the medical companies get the most profit from it, I do. To not trick the kid on what's about to happen; not make a big deal, but explain what it is and why it needs to be done. And that sometimes, we have to put up with a little pain for better rewards later - like when pulling off a band-aid or dealing with a tangle of hair.'

Anja's Post:

The large woman gave a little laugh at this.

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'To add to the weapons we already have.' the large woman replied. 'Idea is to simply throw loads of shit at 'em from so many directions they're confused and don't know who to target first.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:43 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Answered your own question again, you have.' Nicole replied, after listening to his concerns. 'To have the jabs done in a gentle manner, not a "roll sleeve, shove it in, Next!" conveyor belt. To get the Doc to draw up a plan for the jabs which provides maximum protection with minimum of needles - suspect the current way is done 'cos the medical companies get the most profit from it, I do. To not trick the kid on what's about to happen; not make a big deal, but explain what it is and why it needs to be done. And that sometimes, we have to put up with a little pain for better rewards later - like when pulling off a band-aid or dealing with a tangle of hair.'

"Agreed I will speak with Dr Lee and work up a plan which will not scare Cava...hum when I donated blood after the battle he did offer to numb my arm perhaps he can do the same for her if she do not feel the shots it should be allot easier to get her to agree to them."
Darrian said then he sigh.
"The problem is that the kid do not know me or trust me yet, I only met her the day of the battle and I have spent allot of times since then tending to Arn, my other apprentice who got wounded. I do suspect this would be easier if I where someone she trusted."

The large woman gave a little laugh at this.

"I have had a few interesting relatives myself, the ones who make boring family get together more fun and generally draw the ire of the more conservative members of the family."
The alchemist said with a slight smile.

[Junkyard]

'To add to the weapons we already have.' the large woman replied. 'Idea is to simply throw loads of shit at 'em from so many directions they're confused and don't know who to target first.'

"I hope you know what you are doing or we are all going to end up as lunch and I would rather die by a bullet than that."
Trina commented nervously.
"But yeah should we go and get the flares then to be sure to be back before nightfall?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:03 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Life magick then Serge for it do not matter if you start taking care of yourself at age 50, the damage will have already been done, you should be happy you are not my apprentice or I would chase you around with a cattle prod to get you moving."
The large Orphan said with no indication on whatever or not he was joking.

"That would certainly be one way to do it." Serge said laughing as if Bruce was joking.

Anja wrote:"That sounds like a good way to loose whatever makes you human, if whatever you do, you do with magick, it is possible you know for those who study what is called Life Magick to no longer have any physical needs, they do not need to eat, shit, piss or anything else, they do not get itches, do not get physical pains, nothing and sure it is practical but most do not do this for in doing so they also loose something essential, they loose their humanity."
Bruce said and he shook his head.
"Also this Chantry protect against Dox but sooner or later you will fuck up a spell, and then you will get Paradox no matter where you are, just less of it than if sleepers see your magick."

"Better to get tons of practice inside the chantry than anywhere else." Serge said with a shrug.

"But yeah. I do get what you mean. It's part of the reason as to why I don't read the emotions of everybody I talk too even though I could. Moderation like Mr.Wainwright said. How about I only teleport on tuesday and thursday? Teleport day!"

Anja wrote:"I do not want to feel fuzzy and warm in the Node I want to feel that this is a holy place, like I do with the old inscribed rocks in there and the natural rock walls."
The Orphan said and he shook his head.

"They can feel like both. And don't holy places often feel warm and protective?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:Kyle took the book and opened it and read a little here and there as he walked.
"Wow Master Steelhaven gave this to you? Lucky you, this is really interesting actually."
He said as you got to the library door.

"Also got one on runes." Serge said waving the book he had gotten from Ulv Bergen. "Managed to read a little bit of it but not a whole lot. I'll see if I can learn anything from it in the library."

Anja wrote:On the other side of the door there was a large chamber, all the walls where filled with bookshelves and three rows of more bookshelves was placed in the middle of the room, towards the door where a small sitting group with some chairs and a table and right next to a door where a large log book on a stand with a pen where residents would write up what books they borrowed, their name and the date.
"This is pretty cool."
Kyle said and he looked up from the book you had handed him.
"That is allot of books."

"Sadly not attacking us." Serge joked as he marveled at the sight. "But damn that is a lot of books. Let's go see what we can find and then find a place to sit." he suggested walking further towards the bookshelf and gesturing Kyle to do the same.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:A short silence, with a little frown. 'Think you don't get what I meant... which was to find a suitable place without shelling out a single dime. If you've got the green to get it... well, you can get anything you want.'

"...Fuck I completely missed that. Well there goes that plan." Serge said ripping the room salesmen picture out of his book, crumpling it up and putting it into his pocket.

Nicole wrote:'Eh, you're welcome.' the Etherite replied, getting out of the booth, stretching out herself and giving a tiny yawn. Then moved towards the counter to pay; one hand scratching her rear as she did so.

As Nicole payed, Serge wandered around the diner inspecting every inch of it. Glancing at the walls, ceilings, floors and everything in between, making small edits to picture in his sketchbook as he did so.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:22 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"That would certainly be one way to do it." Serge said laughing as if Bruce was joking.

"Yes indeed I would get you fit in no time kid."
Bruce said and nodded.

"Better to get tons of practice inside the chantry than anywhere else." Serge said with a shrug.

"But yeah. I do get what you mean. It's part of the reason as to why I don't read the emotions of everybody I talk too even though I could. Moderation like Mr.Wainwright said. How about I only teleport on tuesday and thursday? Teleport day!"

"Well getting plenty of practice are certainly important Serge but I think you misunderstand the point of moderation. It is like with alcohol yes, the reason to show moderation is that you want to be in control, not the drink, the same you want to make sure you are the master of your magick and not that it is a crutch that control you."

"They can feel like both. And don't holy places often feel warm and protective?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow.

"That depends on the holy play I assume but our Node do feel protective however as it is far underground it is fairly cold."
The Orphan commented and shrugged.

[Going to the Library]

"Also got one on runes." Serge said waving the book he had gotten from Ulv Bergen. "Managed to read a little bit of it but not a whole lot. I'll see if I can learn anything from it in the library."

"Runes are interesting."
Kyle said and he smiled a little.
"You might find some reference works which will make understanding it easier."

"Sadly not attacking us." Serge joked as he marveled at the sight. "But damn that is a lot of books. Let's go see what we can find and then find a place to sit." he suggested walking further towards the bookshelf and gesturing Kyle to do the same.

"If you want some bruises I can always find a book to toss at you."
Kyle joked back as he moved in between the shelves and started pursuing the titles.
"We can sit in those chairs over there....hum what are we going to look for first?"
The young mage asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:36 pm

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'One of the bonuses of being a skilled trade... we're always in demand. No way my job could be outsourced to China or done by robot.' Nicole replied, giving a little laugh. 'Thinking of shifting tracks a bit... perhaps see if I can get into the MBTA or something.'

"The way the trains break down, you'd have a job for life if you got in as a mechanic. I hear they pay well, too," he said after a few moments.

[Cabal Meeting]

Could it be argued that someone forced to enter the Caul to protect her mentor is not doing anything illegal? So it was not illegal, and she is in an illegal state due to been forced. A person can't be blamed by the actions undertaken when there's no will, it's part of the basic conditions for law actions: you can only commit a law act if you have the will to do such actions by your own volition, you understand what it implicates (although you don't need to be aware of the law, you need to understand the causality of your actions), you have the capacity, the way and a licit objetive.
I doubt it Mr Karyak, the thing is that being Fallen is illegal by Tradition law no matter how you got that way. Also no one can toss you into a Caul or so I hear and since being Fallen is considered the same as betraying Asencion itself, if your life is threatened or you are tortured or a loved one is threatened is not considered enough duress to commit such an act."
Bruce said and shook his head.
Colin frowned, "The first problem with your logic there is that it is not illegal to enter a Caul - I did that, and got away with it - the illegal part is being Fallen. And the second problem with your logic is that by all accounts, someone forced against their will into a Caul does not get out alive. It does not matter how you are coerced, deceived or otherwise sent into the Caul, you have to enter it of your own conscious volition."

"Terrible as this fact is, it seems to be the case that the mages die. There is one case I know where the caul spit someone out, but that was a rare case. For most others, blackmail, torture until you give in, threats everything else is on the table, so long as that person makes the decision to go in. That's why it was so dangerous for you," he added to Colin, "thank god you turned out to be right about the nature of yours."

He frowned, "That's probably not going to be easy, even if you can find those shards - they're known to be dangerously attracted to the nearest potential host; Magi have wound up getting essentially shanked in their Avatar like that."

"Yes, that is why a gilgulled avatar presents a danger to others if it shatters into pieces, yes; we heard of one being destroyed in the near umbra making passage there a problem. Plus...well, let us just say that I fully believe that not only are the shards dangerous, but they are splinters that wish to draw themselves back together and see other mages as a way to do that...like a raging sea of sorrow and screams, all of them, coursing though the umbra..."

He nodded, "Keep in mind, you likely won't get the choice to not let her be hurt again - Fate is a fickle mistress, and while the choices we make change the future, we don't always get a good option to pick..."

"You can say that again," he said with a shake of his head. For a moment he looked pensive and then pushed his glass of water around in circles between his hands.

He arched an eyebrow, "Wait... we have a roof garden? I knew we have a flat roof, where Dr. Lee does his morning martial arts practice, but when was the garden aspect of it added?"
"About a week ago when Miss Rozzo arrived, you know Verbena and their plants."
Te Orphan explained

"Maybe you missed the access stairs, they're tucked out of the way. I thought it was there longer than a week though..."

He grinned, "There's no guarantee there'll be rodents of any kind on the table, though - even if Strawberry were to be invited along. As for the tass-infused wine, I'm afraid that's quite well outside the budget I had in mind. You'll be lucky if I can get some decent ales and wines to go with the assorted dishes."

"Ah well, yes it would not due to upset one of the guests."

"So I have 30 years to learn how to screw around with life magick. Or smarten up and go on those jogs with Mr. wainwright and Adley."

"When I start running again I will probably not be able to keep up a pace any where near like I used to at first, you are welcome to join us."

He nodded, "Not in and of itself, no, but it's amazing how much a few warm colours and a bit of fabric can change one's perception of the room's temperature."
"One of the many things I've learned in my artist's life." Serge said nodding enthusiastically. "Correct use of bright and warm colors in the right places can work wonders on how you feel about a certain picture. Making you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside or cold and clammy when you realize there's a lack of colors."

He frowned at them. "Cold and clammy?" he repeated, thinking about his room. "Hrm...I admit I am not very good at that sort of thing, I understand using colors for their symbology in magick but not interior decor or for paintings. I have always preferred to keep things plain and simple, so I could project into my space easier when I used it for morning rituals. I've never really given it thought as to how it made people feel who were in my room. Not that that happened often anyway." He shrugged. It didn't seem off putting to him, but he was used to it.

He nodded, "It could kick in tomorrow, in ten years - or never. Dr. Boudavich would probably be the best person to offer long-term assistance, but I'll be glad to help you center yourself if you should end up with... lasting issues."

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

[Chicago, talking with Carmon]

The Akashic nodded at that.
"I will bring that idea to the Masters' attention then Mr Roth Hicks."
He agreed.

He blinked at the man...again, with the names. Then he sighed, nothing to be done about it and it seemed that Carmon was not going to live to speak about it for much longer. The thought hit his stomach like a large rock had been dropped in there, all the way down to his gut.

"It is okey Ernje...eve if the burning...takes a bit of time it is okey, just promise me to not leave before I am ash, we are alive as long as our bodies are not completely destroyed, our hearts are destroyed or we are decapitated so I will be alive long after a human being would be dead."
The vampire asked softly.

"Yes, so I have heard that powerful ones like you can come back from being almost totally incinerated. Well, I suppose you have learned my current name at last but you may continue to call me Erjne if you want to do so..." He reached out and put a hand on his arm again, still careful of not getting any blood on him. He really knowing what else he might do to reassure or comfort him until everything was discussed. The mixture of feelings from his avatar and Erjne's memories, sitting at a deathbed where the loved one was, technically, already dead...he took a breath to calm himself down too, he did not want to distress him even more. He had to keep telling himself that this is what the man wanted.

// lol,  re: attacking books there's a pretty funny bit about the books in Brakebills in the Magicians TV series where the books not only fly, attack but the team have to recover one. I also love that they had a professor Bigby and they found a book by them - in Greyhawk D&D there are a slew of evocation spells like Bigby's Hand, etc.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:00 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"Yes, that is why a gilgulled avatar presents a danger to others if it shatters into pieces, yes; we heard of one being destroyed in the near umbra making passage there a problem. Plus...well, let us just say that I fully believe that not only are the shards dangerous, but they are splinters that wish to draw themselves back together and see other mages as a way to do that...like a raging sea of sorrow and screams, all of them, coursing though the umbra..."

Bruce looked at Adley for some time then she shuddered slightly and muttered.
"Damn...going out into the Umbra just got allot less tempting."

"Maybe you missed the access stairs, they're tucked out of the way. I thought it was there longer than a week though..."

"Yes and no we have had some decorative plants and a bench and such up there and the Akashics have used the roof to train but now we have a greenhouse, and allot more plants, several benches and still room for the Akashics."
Bruce said.
"Miss Rozzo have been busy."

He blinked at the man...again, with the names. Then he sighed, nothing to be done about it and it seemed that Carmon was not going to live to speak about it for much longer. The thought hit his stomach like a large rock had been dropped in there, all the way down to his gut.

Mosfatt gave you a bit of a look but he said nothing before he left the basement chamber.

"Yes, so I have heard that powerful ones like you can come back from being almost totally incinerated.

"Yes we can, and not just the old ones all vampires can, we only meet our final death if we are completely destroyed, anything else we can return from, though we do after a while sink down into a kind of coma."
Carmon explained.
"But I am less concerned about not dying as we burn well and unless we are up out fire will consume us...I just don't want to be alone before it is over."

Well, I suppose you have learned my current name at last but you may continue to call me Erjne if you want to do so..." He reached out and put a hand on his arm again, still careful of not getting any blood on him.

"I guess I should call you Mr Roth Hicks...but to me you are still Ernje even if you do not look like him."
The vampire replied softly his eyes rested on you he was clearly terrified but he seamed to calm down as you put your hand on his arm.

He really knowing what else he might do to reassure or comfort him until everything was discussed. The mixture of feelings from his avatar and Erjne's memories, sitting at a deathbed where the loved one was, technically, already dead...he took a breath to calm himself down too, he did not want to distress him even more. He had to keep telling himself that this is what the man wanted.

Carmon was quiet for a while, talking using Mosfatt's rote demanded concentration and that was hard to maintain in his current state so he was just quiet. After some time there was a light knock on the door and you saw Crexia enter the small room.
"Commander Crexia."
Carmon said in a whisper and the archmaga nodded.
"Carmon ex Tremere...I remember you."
She said, her face perfectly controlled but there where sadness in her eyes.
"I ehm was told that some aid was needed, and I have soe ideas, should we discuss this here or should I discuss it with my Sodalis out in the hallway?"
She asked and Carmon replied softly.
"Here I do not want to be alone."
Crexia nodded at that then she turned to you.
"I have a spell that will allow you to regain your vitality but only for about an hour or so, and the Chief have given me Ignem oriented Tass for use during this task."
She said sadly.
"If you truly wish to go through with this Sodalis?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'So... she's here all alone in a strange place?' Nicole replied, her concern obvious.

Anja's Post:

'Don't make me even think of that.' Nicole replied, giving a little shudder. 'I'm the proper black sheep now...' ending with a little sigh. Then she drew herself up and looked at the Hermetic with interest. 'So, how are we going to do this? Perhaps organise things that the kid and me "just happen" to run into each other?' quite clearly changing the subject.

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... as it'll be evening, wouldn't that count as their breakfast?' Nicole said curiously. 'Anyway... I intend to give 'em bad indigestion.' ending with a rather nasty smirk.

'Yeah, we'd all be best getting off now. Not much time to prepare.'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

Oddly, the large woman gave a laugh to this. 'And that's the point I was attempting to make Mr Friendly to understand back at the meeting - having a group who think in different ways means all the possible angles are covered and avoids groupthink.'

Serge's Post:

On closer inspection he could see the place was somewhat run-down; a few hairline cracks in plaster, areas of the floor worn from traffic etc. The beeps from the register, then the slam of the cash tray in the background...

'C'mon then.' Nicole said, making for the door.

[Don't mind running this scene a little longer; she can get those magazines Serge wanted etc]

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Need many sorts; track, signals, heavy diesels, electrics, general bodywork...' Nicole replied. 'And if I get my papers sorted, I've got a good chance of being hired by default. Only worry is just how structured the job is; how much a blind eye the bosses do in regarding shift-swaps and shit.'

'But on the plus-side, it would put me on the inside with folk like the bus drivers and maintenance crews. They see and learn a lot of the things which really go down. That reminds me... need to get down the Local soon.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 pm

'Need many sorts; track, signals, heavy diesels, electrics, general bodywork...' Nicole replied. 'And if I get my papers sorted, I've got a good chance of being hired by default. Only worry is just how structured the job is; how much a blind eye the bosses do in regarding shift-swaps and shit.'

"Yes, it would be similar to my current situation then. Abseteeism is not tolerated for professors or their students after all. I'm good at my job but I am not irreplaceable, I'm only adjunct. There is not a lot of security there until you become tenured, which is not easy."

'But on the plus-side, it would put me on the inside with folk like the bus drivers and maintenance crews. They see and learn a lot of the things which really go down. That reminds me... need to get down the Local soon.'

"Union?" he asked, for clarification's sake.

"Yes we can, and not just the old ones all vampires can, we only meet our final death if we are completely destroyed, anything else we can return from, though we do after a while sink down into a kind of coma."
Carmon explained.
"But I am less concerned about not dying as we burn well and unless we are up out fire will consume us...I just don't want to be alone before it is over."

"I will not leave you alone."

"I guess I should call you Mr Roth Hicks...but to me you are still Ernje even if you do not look like him."
The vampire replied softly his eyes rested on you he was clearly terrified but he seamed to calm down as you put your hand on his arm.

"I don't think we could look much different, but I remember all the same on his behalf."

"Commander Crexia."
Carmon said in a whisper and the archmaga nodded.
"Carmon ex Tremere...I remember you."
She said, her face perfectly controlled but there where sadness in her eyes.
"I ehm was told that some aid was needed, and I have soe ideas, should we discuss this here or should I discuss it with my Sodalis out in the hallway?"
She asked and Carmon replied softly.
"Here I do not want to be alone."
Crexia nodded at that then she turned to you.
"I have a spell that will allow you to regain your vitality but only for about an hour or so, and the Chief have given me Ignem oriented Tass for use during this task."
She said sadly.
"If you truly wish to go through with this Sodalis?"

"Lady Crexia," he said with a polite nod, then kept on speaking in Latin. "Forgive me for not standing up yet." He listened to her explanations and nodded a little. "That will be helpful. I greatly appreciate your assistance. Yes, we thought it best to check him over for spells also to ensure there are no traces of something there that would interfere with the clarity of this decision besides his vampiric nature nor cause harm to us or your home...And yes, I must go through with this; he has requested it of us and...so this we will do for him. He has asked us three times, to fulfill his wishes to die as he would have as an enemy of the Order, by the fire and help him overcome this Beast that persists in keeping him in this state. So that Beast will die in fire." He gave Carmon's arm a grip and then stood up, with a sound of it taking more effort than it should for a man his age. For all that he wasn't crying outright as he had when presented with his choice about the Labyrinth, he looked sad all the same, but determined to fulfill Carmon's wish.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:39 pm

"I will not leave you alone."

"Thank you."
Carmon said he sounded relieved.

"I don't think we could look much different, but I remember all the same on his behalf."

"You have his soul, I can see it in your eyes and that is the important part, not how you look...though I know you are not the same person Ernje is a part of you...and that is enough."
The vampire said softly.

"Lady Crexia," he said with a polite nod, then kept on speaking in Latin. "Forgive me for not standing up yet." He listened to her explanations and nodded a little. "That will be helpful. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

"The spell will be very much like the potion Mr Mosfatt mentioned had been made for you, though the effects last for about an hour, it could be made to work for longer I guess but that should be enough."
Crexia said.
"Also do not worry about standing, care for your friend."

Yes, we thought it best to check him over for spells also to ensure there are no traces of something there that would interfere with the clarity of this decision besides his vampiric nature nor cause harm to us or your home...

"Very well, I can take care of that."
Crexia said and she turned to Carmon.
"With your permission."
She requested and Carmon replied.
"You have it my lady."
Crexia begun to cast a Intelligo Vim spell or at least that is the hand sigils she used, her hands moving with elegance and precision as she muttered in Latin after some time she let her hands fall down to her side again and nodded.
"There are no spells or effects on our guest here other than the curse that animates him."

And yes, I must go through with this; he has requested it of us and...so this we will do for him. He has asked us three times, to fulfill his wishes to die as he would have as an enemy of the Order, by the fire and help him overcome this Beast that persists in keeping him in this state. So that Beast will die in fire." He gave Carmon's arm a grip and then stood up, with a sound of it taking more effort than it should for a man his age. For all that he wasn't crying outright as he had when presented with his choice about the Labyrinth, he looked sad all the same, but determined to fulfill Carmon's wish.

There was a look of terror in Carmon's eyes but also determination and gratitude as he looked at you. Crexia nodded.
"I can understand his wishes, so be it then."
The archmage said and she handed you a small, red velvet bag, inside of it was little pieces of obsidian, glass melted in the heat of a volcanic eruption, you could feel the power in these stones it was Dynamic, flowing Tass and quite a bit of it.
"The Chief send these to help with the task."
Crexia said softly.
"Other than the spell to help you stay focused by removing pain for a little while is there anything else I can do to aid you in this Sodalis."
The little woman said as she regarded you and then Carmon with regret and sadness in her eyes.

(OOC: Ooops I did not see your post Nicole I will get right to work on that now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'So... she's here all alone in a strange place?' Nicole replied, her concern obvious.

"Yes that she is, she seam to have formed a bond with that Cultist kid, Mr Yager, and with another apprentice, a girl her age named Jane Cole but she very much is alone in a strange place and you can see that just being uprooted from all she have ever known and then she was sent here have made her uneasy and she find it hard to settle down, which is why I want to do something nice for her."
Darrian said and he sigh.

Don't make me even think of that.' Nicole replied, giving a little shudder. 'I'm the proper black sheep now...' ending with a little sigh. Then she drew herself up and looked at the Hermetic with interest. 'So, how are we going to do this? Perhaps organise things that the kid and me "just happen" to run into each other?' quite clearly changing the subject.

"Well the black sheep are often the most interesting Miss Bouchard."
The Alchemist said sounding amused then he nodded and returned his focus to the matter at hand.
"That works, or I could send her down to the garage on an errand while you where working on our new community cars."
He suggested.

[Junkyard]

'Hmm... as it'll be evening, wouldn't that count as their breakfast?' Nicole said curiously. 'Anyway... I intend to give 'em bad indigestion.' ending with a rather nasty smirk.

"Yeah I think it might be."
The blond girl said and Trina giggled a little.
"I sure hope you can, or we are all toast."
The third member of the group commented.

"Okey, just tell us what to do."
The blond girl said and the two other teenagers nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:10 pm

"Thank you."
Carmon said he sounded relieved.

"I will be here with you until it is ended."

"You have his soul, I can see it in your eyes and that is the important part, not how you look...though I know you are not the same person Ernje is a part of you...and that is enough." The vampire said softly.

He nodded.

"The spell will be very much like the potion Mr Mosfatt mentioned had been made for you, though the effects last for about an hour, it could be made to work for longer I guess but that should be enough."
Crexia said.
"Also do not worry about standing, care for your friend."

"That should be sufficient. I know relying on such magick in my condition can be dangerous, I only ask due to the fact I cannot allow him to suffer while I heal." He seemed a bit surprised that she called Carmon his friend. It was not allowed to be friends with a Tremere vampire, even if you knew him before he was made into one. But Crexia knew who they were, he could tell. No doubt.

"Very well, I can take care of that."
Crexia said and she turned to Carmon.
"With your permission."
She requested and Carmon replied.
"You have it my lady."
Crexia begun to cast a Intelligo Vim spell or at least that is the hand sigils she used, her hands moving with elegance and precision as she muttered in Latin after some time she let her hands fall down to her side again and nodded.
"There are no spells or effects on our guest here other than the curse that animates him."

He let go of him so as to not interfere with her working and sat back, watchfully.

The archmage said and she handed you a small, red velvet bag, inside of it was little pieces of obsidian, glass melted in the heat of a volcanic eruption, you could feel the power in these stones it was Dynamic, flowing Tass and quite a bit of it.
"The Chief send these to help with the task."
Crexia said softly.
"Other than the spell to help you stay focused by removing pain for a little while is there anything else I can do to aid you in this Sodalis."
The little woman said as she regarded you and then Carmon with regret and sadness in her eyes.

He took the tass from her and stood looking away from Carmon as he regarded the feeling of the tass, then clenched it into one fist. "I will thank him for his generosity in this matter." He knew it hadn't been easy for the man to have a vampire under his roof, nevermind a Tremere. Perhaps he understood Carmon's wishes more than most, just as Crexia did. "Only that if I should fail, that I ask for your aid me to finish what I started until it is done, and to help manage anything that should occur."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 pm

"I will be here with you until it is ended."

"Thank you Amicus that makes it easier."
Carmon whispered.

"That should be sufficient. I know relying on such magick in my condition can be dangerous, I only ask due to the fact I cannot allow him to suffer while I heal." He seemed a bit surprised that she called Carmon his friend. It was not allowed to be friends with a Tremere vampire, even if you knew him before he was made into one. But Crexia knew who they were, he could tell. No doubt.

"Staking do put his kind in a horrible condition, no there is no need to let him suffer longer than need be, but do take care the spell will mask the symptoms of your condition but not heal it, make sure not to much yourself to far Sodalis."
Crexia warned.
"Well let me know when you are ready for me to cast the spell, it will not hurt but can feel a bit strange."

He took the tass from her and stood looking away from Carmon as he regarded the feeling of the tass, then clenched it into one fist. "I will thank him for his generosity in this matter."

The old archmage nodded at that.
"I think he just want to make sure you can do this and cause as little suffering as possible in the process."
She said.

He knew it hadn't been easy for the man to have a vampire under his roof, nevermind a Tremere. Perhaps he understood Carmon's wishes more than most, just as Crexia did. "Only that if I should fail, that I ask for your aid me to finish what I started until it is done, and to help manage anything that should occur."

"I will stand ready to work in concert with you Sodalis, if your magick should fail you then I will lean a helping hand to get things done...as quickly as possible."
Crexia promised and you heard Carmon whimper at that, he was truly terrified now and his gaze darted around the room, his Beast desperate to escape it's fate, desperate not to let the noble magus win and manage to end his existence, and yet restrained as he was all he could do was whimper in fear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:23 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Well getting plenty of practice are certainly important Serge but I think you misunderstand the point of moderation. It is like with alcohol yes, the reason to show moderation is that you want to be in control, not the drink, the same you want to make sure you are the master of your magick and not that it is a crutch that control you."

"Good point." Serge said with a nod. "I'll make sure I'm the controller of my magick and not the other way around."

Adley wrote:He frowned at them. "Cold and clammy?" he repeated, thinking about his room. "Hrm...I admit I am not very good at that sort of thing, I understand using colors for their symbology in magick but not interior decor or for paintings. I have always preferred to keep things plain and simple, so I could project into my space easier when I used it for morning rituals. I've never really given it thought as to how it made people feel who were in my room. Not that that happened often anyway." He shrugged. It didn't seem off putting to him, but he was used to it.

"Plain and simple have their time and place but if you want to make an impact on a person's psyche then good use of colors and decorations can make for a surprising effective." Serge said simply, showing clear experience with such topics. "I've done it a few times but have some ideas on how to do it better. Speaking of which, I'm probably gonna have to use those ritual rooms soon."

Anja wrote:"That depends on the holy play I assume but our Node do feel protective however as it is far underground it is fairly cold."

"It's underground?" Serge said before realizing his own stupidity and quickly saying, "....wait no. Of course it's underground. It's in the basement."

(OOC: I really need to watch the magicians. It sounds like such a fun show.)

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Runes are interesting."
Kyle said and he smiled a little.
"You might find some reference works which will make understanding it easier."

"That's true." Serge said with a nod. "Understanding the runes would definitely help in drawing them. Especially some of those stranger ones."

Anja wrote:"If you want some bruises I can always find a book to toss at you."
Kyle joked back as he moved in between the shelves and started pursuing the titles.
"We can sit in those chairs over there....hum what are we going to look for first?"
The young mage asked.

"We did say that we wanted books about symbology. Ancient symbols and modern symbols. I think alchemical symbols were also mentioned." Serge said searching through the shelves opposite of Kyle.

"But let's just try and find anything that interests us. This place has got a lot of books. No harm in finding a bunch of topics to look through."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:Oddly, the large woman gave a laugh to this. 'And that's the point I was attempting to make Mr Friendly to understand back at the meeting - having a group who think in different ways means all the possible angles are covered and avoids groupthink.'

"Well I certainly do think in different ways. Very different ways. Most of the time it just attracts strange looks and raised eyebrows but I've learned to ignore those." the young artist said with a chuckle.

"I wish buying a workshop from a random guy was a viable option. Then I might've been able to help. Do a little bit of mystical jazz hands and cause a lucky meetup between you and a man who just so happened to be selling his large workshop." he said with a sigh. "But I guess that was a bit of wishful thinking."

Nicole wrote:On closer inspection he could see the place was somewhat run-down; a few hairline cracks in plaster, areas of the floor worn from traffic etc. The beeps from the register, then the slam of the cash tray in the background...

'C'mon then.' Nicole said, making for the door.

"...hmmm...rustic? Homely? Urban atmosphere?" Serge muttered, lost in thought while tapping a pen against his chin.

When Nicole called for him he quickly broke out of his trance and made his way towards her, "Alright. Time for the adventure back!"

(OOC: The magazines in Nicole's room? And yeah I'm cool with running the scene a little longer. This scene has been really fun Razz)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:19 am

[Cabal Meeting]

"Good point." Serge said with a nod. "I'll make sure I'm the controller of my magick and not the other way around."

Bruce gave a grunt to this and nodded.

"Plain and simple have their time and place but if you want to make an impact on a person's psyche then good use of colors and decorations can make for a surprising effective." Serge said simply, showing clear experience with such topics. "I've done it a few times but have some ideas on how to do it better. Speaking of which, I'm probably gonna have to use those ritual rooms soon."

"You can just write your name up on a list if you need to reserve a room, or if a room is not in use and are not reserved you can just use one as you see fit, just return it to the state you found it in when you are done with it."
Bruce explained.

"It's underground?" Serge said before realizing his own stupidity and quickly saying, "....wait no. Of course it's underground. It's in the basement."

"Indeed it is and I sort of like it's underground grotto feel personally."
Bruce said and he smiled.

[Going to the Library]

"That's true." Serge said with a nod. "Understanding the runes would definitely help in drawing them. Especially some of those stranger ones."

"Yeah it would be cool to learn to write in runes."
Kyle said and nodded.
"And they are interesting symbols as well."

"We did say that we wanted books about symbology. Ancient symbols and modern symbols. I think alchemical symbols were also mentioned." Serge said searching through the shelves opposite of Kyle.

"Hum...well I have a book here named Cambell's Magickal Symbology and another named Alchemical Shorthand by....oh it is written by Master Haagen."
Kyle said and he pooked out from between the shelved and waved one large and one small book at you.
"They might be interesting."

"But let's just try and find anything that interests us. This place has got a lot of books. No harm in finding a bunch of topics to look through."

"Yeah...him there is a book on fire magick here but it is in Latin, I speak a Little Latin but reading it is hard."
Kyle said as he picked up another book of one of the shelves.

(OOC: The Magicians are really good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"You can just write your name up on a list if you need to reserve a room, or if a room is not in use and are not reserved you can just use one as you see fit, just return it to the state you found it in when you are done with it."
Bruce explained.

Serge nodded at that. "I'll need to remember to bring some tape. Would make cleaning up the room much easier if I just had to take the drawings off the walls."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah it would be cool to learn to write in runes."
Kyle said and nodded.
"And they are interesting symbols as well."

"I did a bit of rune writing yesterday." Serge boasted proudly. "I made a trapped picture that had a never-ending sentence written in elder futhark runes on it. Still need to test it to make sure it works though..."

Anja wrote:"Hum...well I have a book here named Cambell's Magickal Symbology and another named Alchemical Shorthand by....oh it is written by Master Haagen."
Kyle said and he pooked out from between the shelved and waved one large and one small book at you.
"They might be interesting."

"Those both sound cool. Especially the one by Master Haagan. I wanna read that." Serge said with a smile glancing over at the two books Kyle waved in front of him.

Anja wrote:"Yeah...him there is a book on fire magick here but it is in Latin, I speak a Little Latin but reading it is hard."
Kyle said as he picked up another book of one of the shelves.

"You should get that one! Fire magick is House Flambeau's thing. We can try and translate it. Either through google or magick." Serge encouraged. "My Mentor's able to translate any language she see's or hears. I should be able to do it as well. Shouldn't be too difficult."

As Serge searched through the libraries archives, he kept an eye open for any books regarding mind magick, mental realms, or the manipulation of luck and fate.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:34 am

[Cabal Meeting]

"That makes sense though until recently I did not even have a couch in my rooms so I can't say I put much thought into how it would affect guests."

"Staking do put his kind in a horrible condition, no there is no need to let him suffer longer than need be, but do take care the spell will mask the symptoms of your condition but not heal it, make sure not to much yourself to far Sodalis." Crexia warned. "Well let me know when you are ready for me to cast the spell, it will not hurt but can feel a bit strange."

"I understand and I am ready when you are ready, ma'am."

The old archmage nodded at that.
"I think he just want to make sure you can do this and cause as little suffering as possible in the process."
She said.

"Me too." He put the tass where he could easily access what he needed to use when the time came.

"I will stand ready to work in concert with you Sodalis, if your magick should fail you then I will lean a helping hand to get things done...as quickly as possible."
Crexia promised and you heard Carmon whimper at that, he was truly terrified now and his gaze darted around the room, his Beast desperate to escape it's fate, desperate not to let the noble magus win and manage to end his existence, and yet restrained as he was all he could do was whimper in fear.

This was not the way he imagined his first time using fire spells was going to be, not at all. His pater had been pleased when he told him he thought he could accomplish creating fire magick and he had thought in a battle he would find use for it, after practising. But this was the way it was going to be and the things to remember about fire magick were the same. Creating fire was about controlling it as well as making it, especially in a confined space. Enough, but not too much. Hot but not more than necessary to burn the target quickly. The tass and Crexia's assistance would help to give the spell a decent chance but he was ready to have to wind it up more than his pater or a more experienced mage. But Carmon wanted to go by magickal fire and that was what he intended to make for him. "Thank you," he said to Crexia. He closed his eyes a moment, took a deep breath and gathered up all his thoughts and emotions together and held onto them, focusing himself. Then turned back around towards Carmon, knowing that the vampire part of him would be making what was left of the magus Erjne had known lose his nerve.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Serge nodded at that. "I'll need to remember to bring some tape. Would make cleaning up the room much easier if I just had to take the drawings off the walls."

"Seams to be a practical solution."
Bruce agreed and nodded.

[Going to the Library]

"I did a bit of rune writing yesterday." Serge boasted proudly. "I made a trapped picture that had a never-ending sentence written in elder futhark runes on it. Still need to test it to make sure it works though..."

"Sounds cool, how are that trapped picture supposed to work?"
Kyle asked.
"Do it freeze someone in place?"

"Those both sound cool. Especially the one by Master Haagan. I wanna read that." Serge said with a smile glancing over at the two books Kyle waved in front of him.

"Yeah I think the alchemical symbols are shorthand actually,they are a way to save paper back when that was really expensive so instead of two lines of text you could say boil this substance and refine it two times with like five symbols."
The young mage commented.
"I think the shorthands are all in Master Haagen's book."
He continued and then handed the small, cloth bound book to you.

"You should get that one! Fire magick is House Flambeau's thing. We can try and translate it. Either through google or magick." Serge encouraged. "My Mentor's able to translate any language she see's or hears. I should be able to do it as well. Shouldn't be too difficult."

"I have to get better at Latin so I should probably lead the book as is."
Kyle said.
"For example the book on Hermetic hand gestures that Master Morgan have me study is in Latin as well but that one have allot of illustrations."

As Serge searched through the libraries archives, he kept an eye open for any books regarding mind magick, mental realms, or the manipulation of luck and fate.

You found no books directly marked as Mind Magick as the Sphere names where just terminology made so mages of different Traditions would be able to talk with one another and understand one another, but you found one named Magick and the Human Mind by Master J.W. Talvis and a book named The Art of Bending Others to Your Will by Jessica Lilywater, and another book named Manipulation of Fate by Didi Shera.

"I understand and I am ready when you are ready, ma'am."

Crexia nodded and she begun working, you saw her hands flashing the sigil for Corpus and Vim as well as Rego, her voice gently chanted words in Greek as she wored. At first you felt jittery as when you had to much coffee but then you setteled down and the pain that had been a constant companion since you used your hearth's blood where gone, leaving you feel alert and well.
"How is that, any better Sodalis?"
The old archmage asked.

This was not the way he imagined his first time using fire spells was going to be, not at all. His pater had been pleased when he told him he thought he could accomplish creating fire magick and he had thought in a battle he would find use for it, after practising. But this was the way it was going to be and the things to remember about fire magick were the same. Creating fire was about controlling it as well as making it, especially in a confined space. Enough, but not too much. Hot but not more than necessary to burn the target quickly. The tass and Crexia's assistance would help to give the spell a decent chance but he was ready to have to wind it up more than his pater or a more experienced mage. But Carmon wanted to go by magickal fire and that was what he intended to make for him. "Thank you," he said to Crexia. He closed his eyes a moment, took a deep breath and gathered up all his thoughts and emotions together and held onto them, focusing himself. Then turned back around towards Carmon, knowing that the vampire part of him would be making what was left of the magus Erjne had known lose his nerve.

Crexia gave you a nod, you could see her hands flashing hand signals and preparing spells, two of them which she probably left hanging, she was a Master of Time hanging spells where not a hard task to acomplish for her. One of the spells you where pretty sure where a basic Creo Ignem, a pleas to the forces of fire, this is what she would use if she had to work in concert with you to finish the grim task. Then there was another Ignem spell, a shield you think a protection to be woven around you and her just in case you lost control of your spell.

Carmon's desperate, faearful whimpers where louder now though they where still strangeled, there was only so much sound he could make in his current condition. His eyes where pleading and Carmon was hardly there anymore, his Beast where in control now.
"No...no...please no..."
It managed but it hardly had the focus needed to express itsel through Mosatt's spell and for the most part all you heard where grunts and terrified whimpers as his eyes locked on yours filled with an intense horror.

(OOC: For one hour Aley have no dice penalties. Also there are nine drams of Tass in the bag of obsidian chips that Joakim gave him, though Adley will not know the exact amount unless he examine it directly he will know it is quite a bit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 am

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Another advantage of being skilled trades; more likely to get flexi or part-time. And being in a large shop like the MBTA's means more able to get someone to cover for you in an emergency.'

Adley's Post:

'Well, yeah.' giving a "duh" look.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... if she knows Serge, how about if he does the intro? Y'know, he "remembers" he's got to get something from me or something when the kid is with him? It would seem more natural an event.'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Takes guts not to conform to the herd. 'Specially in smaller places. Have a lot of respect for teenagers who don't simply "go with the flow".' Nicole replied, leaving the diner and lighting a cigarette. 'As for the staring and "oh my" looks... fuck 'em.' ending with a shrug; which was understandable, as even before her tattoos, piercings and bulk the Etherite would have been stared at for her height or generous rear alone.

Serge's Post:

'May get my own place one day. Or a part-share in one.' she mused, starting to walk back to the Chantry. 'Usual "career path" of us mechanics; normally when our back and knees start to go. But that costs a hell of a lot of green; which means I'll have to do my Plan.'

[Holding off Junkyard 'till Colin's reply]

[Question: which member[s] of the cabal know about shapechangers and their kinfolk?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:59 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Hmm... if she knows Serge, how about if he does the intro? Y'know, he "remembers" he's got to get something from me or something when the kid is with him? It would seem more natural an event.'

"Yes she knows Mr Yager, he took care of the Chantry's children while the battle at the Labyrinth happened, distracting them and making sure they where not scared and the girl have taken quite a liking to him seeing him as a big brother."
Darrian said.
"So that is a good idea, I will discuss the matter with Mr Yager and just ask that he bring her over to your apartment to drop something of."
The Alchemist agreed.

(OOC: Well Colin and Adley have heard about them and some details, Bruce know that shapechangers exist but not much beyond that, the same for Jon probably. Beatrice might know a little more as Verbena quite often ally themselves with Garou so she might have heard some things. Richard do not know much but he have probably heard they exist but not more. Tane is a bit of an expert though as he Awakened when he saw a shifter give birth and as such consider her son to be his brother. In a high fantasy setting like 2 edition Mage most mages in a Chantry will know fera exist but not really know allot about them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:23 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Sounds like a plan. Keep me in the loop, yeah?' ending with a nod.

[Scene End?]

[A Tane - Nicole scene appears to be the most logical one then. If Tane is willing to do it, that is. Which is good, as they've not really interacted yet.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:33 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

"I will and thank you Miss Bouchard. When would be a good time for you do do this? In the evening when you are home from your job?"
The Alchemist asked as he headed towards the door to your apartment.
"Well then I will not take more of your time right now, thank you for the advice and your the beer."
He said with a polite nod of his head before he left your room.

(OOC: Sounds good feel free to start one and post the post to the IC and to Marino's own thread for Tane. And yes that would be a scene end.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:16 pm

'Another advantage of being skilled trades; more likely to get flexi or part-time. And being in a large shop like the MBTA's means more able to get someone to cover for you in an emergency.'

"True, I'm not sure how the benefits are but they are probably pretty good. Well, good luck in your endeavors. For now you have a job at least."

'Well, yeah.' giving a "duh" look.

"There's also some restaurants and bars called that, given the context though I figured the former."

Crexia nodded and she begun working, you saw her hands flashing the sigil for Corpus and Vim as well as Rego, her voice gently chanted words in Greek as she wored. At first you felt jittery as when you had to much coffee but then you setteled down and the pain that had been a constant companion since you used your hearth's blood where gone, leaving you feel alert and well.
"How is that, any better Sodalis?"
The old archmage asked.

"That was very strange, like drinking a vast amount of espresso at once. But I feel much better, like I can breathe."

Carmon's desperate, faearful whimpers where louder now though they where still strangeled, there was only so much sound he could make in his current condition. His eyes where pleading and Carmon was hardly there anymore, his Beast where in control now. "No...no...please no..." It managed but it hardly had the focus needed to express itsel through Mosatt's spell and for the most part all you heard where grunts and terrified whimpers as his eyes locked on yours filled with an intense horror.

This terror - what had stopped Carmon from doing this himself, why he'd asked him to do this because he could not overcome that kind of wild animal terror, like what caused animals to bite their own legs off to escape traps. One hand raised up in slightly cupped manner, the fingers spread, for 'Creo' and the other was held with the palm flat and fingers together, with the thumb away, "Ignem." He drew off the tass that he had and let it fuel the spell. He shifted his stance like he was holding and about to throw or strike with a javelin at close quarters, trying to form not a fireball but a lance of fire from his palm. It was a spell that was damaging, not burn out so quickly but highly focused to a small area. There were stranger last words than those to tell an old friend you loved them and that this was truly goodbye than using one of Flambeau's own spells.

// F3, P2: (conjure Pilum of Fire) + Quint (of appropriate resonance if using those rules, 1 to fuel the spell if using M20 rules, and one per turn until enough power is generated, I think the first two rolls might be enough) - 6, 5, 3; 6, 8, 8; 3, 5, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:23 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Sounds cool, how are that trapped picture supposed to work?"
Kyle asked.
"Do it freeze someone in place?"

"Basically. Forces them to stop and stare at picture, trying to find an end to a spiral that never comes." Serge said with a nod. "That's the theory anyway. My room doesn't really get many invaders."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I think the alchemical symbols are shorthand actually,they are a way to save paper back when that was really expensive so instead of two lines of text you could say boil this substance and refine it two times with like five symbols."
The young mage commented.
"I think the shorthands are all in Master Haagen's book."
He continued and then handed the small, cloth bound book to you.

"Picture is worth a thousand words after all." Serge said as he took the book and added it to the pile he was carrying.

Anja wrote:"I have to get better at Latin so I should probably lead the book as is."
Kyle said.
"For example the book on Hermetic hand gestures that Master Morgan have me study is in Latin as well but that one have allot of illustrations."

"Good point. I've heard that was the best way to learn another language. By reading a ton of books in that language." Serge said with a nod. "Wonder if it has any spells you could try out. Although practicing fire magick in a library seems like a bad idea."

Anja wrote:You found no books directly marked as Mind Magick as the Sphere names where just terminology made so mages of different Traditions would be able to talk with one another and understand one another, but you found one named Magick and the Human Mind by Master J.W. Talvis and a book named The Art of Bending Others to Your Will by Jessica Lilywater, and another book named Manipulation of Fate by Didi Shera.

"'The Art of Bending Others to your Will?' Fuck doesn't that sound sinister." Serge said with a chuckle as he took the three books and showed them to Kyle.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Takes guts not to conform to the herd. 'Specially in smaller places. Have a lot of respect for teenagers who don't simply "go with the flow".' Nicole replied, leaving the diner and lighting a cigarette. 'As for the staring and "oh my" looks... fuck 'em.' ending with a shrug; which was understandable, as even before her tattoos, piercings and bulk the Etherite would have been stared at for her height or generous rear alone.

"Can get a bit frustrating though. When everyone looks at you like your an idiot as soon as you open your mouth and say something odd. Especially when I need to keep up appearances, being a Deacon's apprentice and all." Serge said following Nicole out of the diner.

Nicole wrote:'May get my own place one day. Or a part-share in one.' she mused, starting to walk back to the Chantry. 'Usual "career path" of us mechanics; normally when our back and knees start to go. But that costs a hell of a lot of green; which means I'll have to do my Plan.'

"The good old vulture plan. Find something that died and use it for your own benefit." Serge said with a grin as he walked next to the large women. "Boston's a big place. I'm sure you'll find something. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm

"That was very strange, like drinking a vast amount of espresso at once. But I feel much better, like I can breathe."

"Yes i have heard it described as such Sodalis. I am sorry if the experience where uncomfortable for you."
Crexia said.
"And remember it will only last an hour then the effect will slowly start to fade.

This terror - what had stopped Carmon from doing this himself, why he'd asked him to do this because he could not overcome that kind of wild animal terror, like what caused animals to bite their own legs off to escape traps. One hand raised up in slightly cupped manner, the fingers spread, for 'Creo' and the other was held with the palm flat and fingers together, with the thumb away, "Ignem." He drew off the tass that he had and let it fuel the spell. He shifted his stance like he was holding and about to throw or strike with a javelin at close quarters, trying to form not a fireball but a lance of fire from his palm. It was a spell that was damaging, not burn out so quickly but highly focused to a small area. There were stranger last words than those to tell an old friend you loved them and that this was truly goodbye than using one of Flambeau's own spells.

First you felt the wild, warm Resonance from the Tass, it felt like fire itself, making you feel like fire, like i the element itself danced inside of you you, it was wild and free but your will focused it and then fire flew from your hands, you felt the heat and the power and a javelin of fire flew from your hands and engulfed Carmon. The staked vampire could not scream, not really but these sounds of insane far and pain escaped him, there was madness in his eyes before his flesh burned of his bones, and then in the middle of the raging storm of fire, fear and pain, there was calm, for just one moment, there where no words, but for one last time Carmon looked at you and you saw gratitude in his eyes, before they to burned to ash in their sockets.

It did not take long, your spell where well cast and powerful and it did allot of damage in moments as fire continued to flow from your hands like water from a kitchen faucet, in addition Carmon burned well, far more so than a living human would, which in this case was a mercy as he did not suffer long as your flames consumes his skin, his flesh and then his bones, the horrid sounds of pain stopped, and then after a few moments which probably felt like ages what had once been Carmon collapsed into a fine, gray ash, what was left of his soul where finally free after all the centuries had had been forced to walk the earth with his loss and pain.

Your spell ended in a controlled manner, the chamber where warm and you where sweating, it felt like if someone had light a bonfire in a tiny stone chamber, which basically is what had happened, and there where the smell of ash and burned flesh in the air. Crexia id not shed a drop of sweat though, she just observed things solemnly before she said softly in Latin.
"Rest in peace Sodalis."

[Going to the Library]

"Basically. Forces them to stop and stare at picture, trying to find an end to a spiral that never comes." Serge said with a nod. "That's the theory anyway. My room doesn't really get many invaders."

"Sounds cool, if one go back to normal after one get thorn away from the drawing then I can check it out for you if you want."
Kyle offered.

"Picture is worth a thousand words after all." Serge said as he took the book and added it to the pile he was carrying.

"True or at least shorthand is."
The young Hermetic agreed and grinned.

"Good point. I've heard that was the best way to learn another language. By reading a ton of books in that language." Serge said with a nod. "Wonder if it has any spells you could try out. Although practicing fire magick in a library seems like a bad idea."

"It might have but I do not think the library is the right place for it indeed and also I have to ask for permission before doing anything but sensory magick now, since I am an apprentice, it kind of suck but I guess I have to do what Master Morgan says."
Kyle complained with a sigh.

"'The Art of Bending Others to your Will?' Fuck doesn't that sound sinister." Serge said with a chuckle as he took the three books and showed them to Kyle.

"Yeah, well there might be some practical and cool things in the book regardless."
Kyle said as he looked over your pile.
"Seams like a good place to start, should we head over to those chairs there and check some of these books out?"
He suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:02 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
S7trif3 wrote:"Terrible as this fact is, it seems to be the case that the mages die. There is one case I know where the caul spit someone out, but that was a rare case. For most others, blackmail, torture until you give in, threats everything else is on the table, so long as that person makes the decision to go in. That's why it was so dangerous for you," he added to Colin, "thank god you turned out to be right about the nature of yours."
Colin smiled wryly, "I knew the risks going in - and I knew the risk of what would likely happen if that not-thing were allowed to be on the loose any longer. The Fallen who had let their Avatar look at mine were... adequately convincing that I would be able to pull it off, though - not a guaranteed success, but good enough odds that I could dare risk it. A repeat performance is not on the schedule for the next few thousand years, mind..."

Anja wrote:"Shit we actually have a Nephandus in the Traditions? Other than your apprentice that is?"
Bruce said and his eyes widened.
"I will assume that this do not work to get Miss Clearwater off the hood though."
He nodded, "The second best Avatar healer we have, and the son of an Aswadim, no less. And unless we can prove that Miss Clearwater's Avatar is going to outright murder any Spirit Masters trying to tamper with it, no, the precedent won't help her case."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that do not sound good."
The other Orphan commented and shuddered.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, that is why a gilgulled avatar presents a danger to others if it shatters into pieces, yes; we heard of one being destroyed in the near umbra making passage there a problem. Plus...well, let us just say that I fully believe that not only are the shards dangerous, but they are splinters that wish to draw themselves back together and see other mages as a way to do that...like a raging sea of sorrow and screams, all of them, coursing though the umbra..."
Anja wrote:Bruce looked at Adley for some time then she shuddered slightly and muttered.
"Damn...going out into the Umbra just got allot less tempting."
He frowned, "I've heard tell of Union Sleepers on board their Umbral ships, set to work on the hull as the ship passed shard clusters... the individuals in question were left in a rather confused, sort-of-Awakened state, while Awakened individuals are likely to be left in quite a bit of pain and in dire need of, well, spiritual surgery... And then there's that one other bizarre case where a Mage simply absorbs any shards they come across and add them to their own like... well, the Borg, actually."

Anja wrote:"No I will protect her and if you are thinking about January, then no we are not going to let her get killed in that attack, we now about it now and we will be ready for the bastards!"
Bruce declared.
S7trif3 wrote:"You can say that again," he said with a shake of his head. For a moment he looked pensive and then pushed his glass of water around in circles between his hands.
He nodded, "January is a known danger. We can't necessarily know about all threats in advance; that possible outcome is still looming... Your dedication is commendable, even admirable, but much as it might gall you, it is necessary to acknowledge the possibility of failure..."

Anja wrote:"And how likely is it that a family with kids, are going to sit an watch old people shows on a few channel, and popcorn time work on most things, and also kids in the family will know about it."
Bruce said and shook his head.
"There are to much good entertainment out there for anyone under the age of 60 to sit and watch reruns and shit community shows over an antennae."
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah I see what you mean. I mostly did my media watching by myself so I don't really have experience with the group aspect of it. Are family movie nights a thing? I thought that was mostly a thing in sitcoms and family tv shows. I've never seen or heard of anyone doing them in real life, at least while I was in school. My family sure as hell didn't do them." Serge said with a slight frown.
Anja wrote:"It is still common for families to watch things together from time to time but it is more common for everyone having their own device and watching what each person find interesting, my point is that if what is on the meny are low quality variety shows, documentaries about knitting and 30 year old sit coms, then chances are that at least younger members of a family would rather bring up Popcorn time on their phone than sit with their parents watching crap."
Bruce said plainly.
"The world have moved on."
He nodded, "CBS, PBS, most of the major networks have channels on the old airwaves; odds are that with an old-fashioned aerial, you can still get over a dozen channels, at least one of which ought to have something worth watching. And while the world, in general, has moved on, not every family can afford smartphones for everyone - in fact, I know several families through the Veterans' Affairs, who are only able to get extremely basic burner phones, mainly for incoming calls. So the assumption that the kids of all families would have the option of streaming while the parents turn on the TV remains... flawed."

Anja wrote:"About a week ago when Miss Rozzo arrived, you know Verbena and their plants."
Te Orphan explained.
S7trif3 wrote:"Maybe you missed the access stairs, they're tucked out of the way. I thought it was there longer than a week though..."
Anja wrote:"Yes and no we have had some decorative plants and a bench and such up there and the Akashics have used the roof to train but now we have a greenhouse, and allot more plants, several benches and still room for the Akashics."
Bruce said.
"Miss Rozzo have been busy."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, I haven't had the time to visit the roof in almost two weeks, I suppose the rapid changes would have slipped past me during the recent troubles."

Anja wrote:"Strawberry that is the rat shifter right?"
Bruce asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah well, yes it would not due to upset one of the guests."
He smiled wryly, "I don't know that she would be particularly upset about stuffed mice on the table - I was more thinking that she does seem to have a fondness for sleeping in fruit bowls, from what I've heard."

Anja wrote:"Life magick then Serge for it do not matter if you start taking care of yourself at age 50, the damage will have already been done, you should be happy you are not my apprentice or I would chase you around with a cattle prod to get you moving."
The large Orphan said with no indication on whatever or not he was joking.
Jeremy wrote:"That would certainly be one way to do it." Serge said laughing as if Bruce was joking.
Anja wrote:"Yes indeed I would get you fit in no time kid."
Bruce said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"When I start running again I will probably not be able to keep up a pace any where near like I used to at first, you are welcome to join us."
He arched an eyebrow, also not giving any indication of jest, "I would recommend a riding crop over a cattle prod - electric discharges are known to cause temporary paralysis, after all, and you would not want to mess up Serge's legs while he's running. That could cause unfortunate injuries, after all."

Jeremy wrote:"I'd probably just teleport around within the chantry. Wake up in the morning. Get out of bed. Snap my fingers..., Serge said giving a playful snap of his fingers as a demonstration, "....And appear in a chair in the common room. No paradox and no ruined dinners across the street. Unless I screw it up royally but let's not worry about that now."
Anja wrote:"That sounds like a good way to loose whatever makes you human, if whatever you do, you do with magick, it is possible you know for those who study what is called Life Magick to no longer have any physical needs, they do not need to eat, shit, piss or anything else, they do not get itches, do not get physical pains, nothing and sure it is practical but most do not do this for in doing so they also loose something essential, they loose their humanity."
"Also this Chantry protect against Dox but sooner or later you will fuck up a spell, and then you will get Paradox no matter where you are, just less of it than if sleepers see your magick."
Jeremy wrote:"Better to get tons of practice inside the chantry than anywhere else." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Well getting plenty of practice are certainly important Serge but I think you misunderstand the point of moderation. It is like with alcohol yes, the reason to show moderation is that you want to be in control, not the drink, the same you want to make sure you are the master of your magick and not that it is a crutch that control you."
Jeremy wrote:"Good point." Serge said with a nod. "I'll make sure I'm the controller of my magick and not the other way around."
He cast Adley an impish glance and grinned at Serge, "Indeed, it would be improper to treat magic as your crutch - it is, after all, arcane."

Anja wrote:"The Node look raw and natural and I quite prefer it like that I do not think warmer colors will add much there."
Jeremy wrote:"One of the many things I've learned in my artist's life." Serge said nodding enthusiastically. "Correct use of bright and warm colors in the right places can work wonders on how you feel about a certain picture. Making you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside or cold and clammy when you realize there's a lack of colors."
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned at them. "Cold and clammy?" he repeated, thinking about his room. "Hrm...I admit I am not very good at that sort of thing, I understand using colors for their symbology in magick but not interior decor or for paintings. I have always preferred to keep things plain and simple, so I could project into my space easier when I used it for morning rituals. I've never really given it thought as to how it made people feel who were in my room. Not that that happened often anyway." He shrugged. It didn't seem off putting to him, but he was used to it.
Jeremy wrote:"Plain and simple have their time and place but if you want to make an impact on a person's psyche then good use of colors and decorations can make for a surprising effective." Serge said simply, showing clear experience with such topics. "I've done it a few times but have some ideas on how to do it better. Speaking of which, I'm probably gonna have to use those ritual rooms soon."
S7trif3 wrote:"That makes sense though until recently I did not even have a couch in my rooms so I can't say I put much thought into how it would affect guests."
Anja wrote:"You can just write your name up on a list if you need to reserve a room, or if a room is not in use and are not reserved you can just use one as you see fit, just return it to the state you found it in when you are done with it."
Bruce explained.
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded at that. "I'll need to remember to bring some tape. Would make cleaning up the room much easier if I just had to take the drawings off the walls."
Anja wrote:"Seams to be a practical solution."
Bruce agreed and nodded.
He nodded, "A pale blue colour on the walls can make a room feel a lot colder than, say, a dark red or green, which reminds me I rather ought to repaint this apartment sometime soon, too... As for tidying up the ritual rooms, well, you can get quite far with a roll of Scotch tape and a pack of Blu-tack."

Anja wrote:"I do not want to feel fuzzy and warm in the Node I want to feel that this is a holy place, like I do with the old inscribed rocks in there and the natural rock walls."
The Orphan said and he shook his head.
Jeremy wrote:"They can feel like both. And don't holy places often feel warm and protective?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow.
Anja wrote:"That depends on the holy play I assume but our Node do feel protective however as it is far underground it is fairly cold."
Jeremy wrote:"It's underground?" Serge said before realizing his own stupidity and quickly saying, "....wait no. Of course it's underground. It's in the basement."
Anja wrote:"Indeed it is and I sort of like it's underground grotto feel personally."
Bruce said and he smiled.
He smiled, "Indeed, 'fuzzy' is not something I would want to associate with our Node. But a space heater would be a precious thing, all the same."

S7trif3 wrote:"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."
He nodded, "Precisely."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be cool to be able to see them."
The blond girl agreed.
"How would you share your vison? And some of those creatures sounds so cute."
He smiled and drew a wide circle with his toe, large enough for two people to stand inside without too much intrusion on personal space, "Well, I am sort of finding some of these things out, myself, but if you want to try, step into the circle and take my hand."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well none of us can afford that but we can run and buy the flare guns if someone lead us cash to buy them with."
Trina said and sigh.
Nicole wrote:'Flares come pre-loaded with gun; once they're used, simply bin it.' Nicole said. 'I've got...' pulling a worn leather wallet from a pocket '...forty-five spare.'
Anja wrote:"If we add what I and the others have in change then we might be able to get two or three flares?"
Trina asked.
"That is not allot of weapons."
They muttered a bit nervously.
Nicole wrote:'To add to the weapons we already have.' the large woman replied. 'Idea is to simply throw loads of shit at 'em from so many directions they're confused and don't know who to target first.'
Anja wrote:"I hope you know what you are doing or we are all going to end up as lunch and I would rather die by a bullet than that."
Trina commented nervously.
"But yeah should we go and get the flares then to be sure to be back before nightfall?"
Nicole wrote:'Hmm... as it'll be evening, wouldn't that count as their breakfast?' Nicole said curiously. 'Anyway... I intend to give 'em bad indigestion.' ending with a rather nasty smirk.

Anja wrote:"Yeah I think it might be."
The blond girl said and Trina giggled a little.
"I sure hope you can, or we are all toast."
The third member of the group commented.
"Okey, just tell us what to do."
The blond girl said and the two other teenagers nodded.
He nodded and dug out his wallet, pulling out two twenties and a few loose coins, "I'll have to swing by an ATM later, but at least this ought to help with munitions... and true, this won't buy a lot of flare guns, but we don't necessarily need a lot, either. Vampires fear fire like, well... I'm actually not sure if there's any real comparison to that - they are outright terrified of it, to the point where if they see something that even looks like a flame, they risk clawing their way through the nearest wall. And while they are quick, bullets are still quicker, by and large."

Nicole wrote:'If I'm gonna die from being exploded, want it to be from my own stupidity.' the large woman quipped with a little smirk.
He sighed softly and tapped a finger against his scars, "Take it from someone who's been exploded before - your pride will hurt a lot less if you're hit on purpose by someone who's better or luckier than you. At least then you know it was intentional, rather than caused by stupidity."

[Avatar Restoration Discussion, Cita's apartment]
Anja wrote:"Very well I will leave it you to ask them then Mr Wainwright."
Cita agreed.
"I assume you do not want to reveal their identities here?"
He nodded, "Quite right. There's a certain degree of courtesy involved in my confidentiality, plus my preference to keep my mind, body and soul in roughly the same place."

Anja wrote:"There is no pain when Mr Karyak use his song Mr Wainwright as then the Avatar is not forced it is invited out, it would be the difference between the police handcuffing you and dragging you out of your apartment and you coming out because you wanted to listen to Miss Olsen's lovely violin music."
Cita explained.
He smiled, "I know, I've seen it."

Anja wrote:"Yes Mr Karyak singing Anna's Avatar out before I do the examination will be much more plesant for the girl, again to use a similie it would be the difference between the police holding you down to check for drugs in your system and you willingly going to a family doctor you trust and have the examination done."
Cita said.
"There would be far less trauma for both the girl and her Avatar."
He nodded, "And the degree of difference is what I would like to have an idea of the extent of - but it is not a crucial necessity."

((OOC: My weekend has been consumed by time travel shenanigans. Timespinner is a pretty good game, and I've been enjoying it thoroughly - despite not being the biggest fan of Metroidvania games in the first place. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next