Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 12 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:18 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"That seams pretty reasonable to me, we can all do with being taken out of our comfort zone from time to time."
Kyle said and nodded.
"Your Mentor sounds pretty wise."

"She's the best." Serge said with a sigh as the further talk of Ange just reminded him of her condition. "You know...my grandmentor is actually visiting today. Er, my mentor's mentor. She wanted to see how her student was doing. I've heard of her but still kinda nervous about meeting her. Although my Uncle a lot more scared than I am."

Anja wrote:"Yeah my mom always say for me never to eat or drink anything someone else have handled unless the packaging are sealed."
The teenager said.
"It seams you got a pretty good lesson."
He commented.

"My mom probably would've told me that too, if she was ever home that is." Serge said with small a frown. "But yeah lessons were learned that day. Let's see...was there anything else cool that I did...."

After a small amount of thought Serge sighed and said, "Nah. Can't think of anything. How about you? Have you been on any fun adventures?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 12 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Adley Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:20 pm

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'It's only "natural" 'cos you assume it is.' Nicole retorted. 'The whole "these truths are self-evident" shit. Not saying we don't affect others lives in similar ways from our random little choices either. Just that our control over our own lives is much, much lower than we'd like to admit. That everybody's lives have at least had at least one "Sliding Doors" moment - a pivotal point which was both utterly mundane and basically out of their hands.'

"I mean natural in the sense that there is a cycle of birth, life, death, for example. Also, yes probably there are key moments in our lives and perhaps more for some than others. Some of them that are in our hands are just as critical."

Nicole gave a look back as though she was going to say something, but instead gave a shrug and left it at that.

He smiled quite suddenly. "Oh, do go on. Colin put together a sarcasm jar, instead of a swear jar, as a fundraising for the cabal. It's going to be overflowing in no time."

// I did forget, went back and tucked it into the post after I hit submit because I noticed - but I've reposted here

[Chicago, Jerome's rooms]

"A that is nice it is always nice with a friendly visit."
Jerome said as he found teacups in the kitchen cabinet.
"It takes a long time for my apprentice to warm up to someone...he was at that...place...MECHA far to long."
The Red Cap said sadly and he put his hand on the young apprentice's shoulder with a sigh.

"That is not a problem; you do not have to explain his situation," he said, not wishing to upset the young man.

"Sign language, most interesting, you are welcome to try Sodalis, just stop if the kid gets really scared or upset okey?"
Jerome said. The boy though looked at you, still plucking at his sweater and clearly rather nervous but not directly scared of you at least.

"Certainly," he said to Jerome. He looked towards Daniel, trying to see how overtly nervous he was before he made the sign for 'hello.' If that didn't seem to put him off, he followed up with saying and signing 'My name' and fingerspelled his first name out slowly."Adley."

"Off course, is it okey if I make a cup for myself and Daniel?"
Jerome asked as he found steamers and a box of tea from a cabinet.

"Of course not," he said with a smile.

"I will make sure the members of the Post Office get your contact information then Sodalis, most of them are doing well for now, they are healing from their injuries mind and body, I am concerned about their Deacon though, this have been a hard blow for him and he was always fragile due to his...condition."
Jerome said then he sigh.

"I did not wish to pressure them, but only to make it available if they should like to contact us and you are welcome to do the same. I am glad that most of them are recovering. I wish that extended to the Deacon as well, though."

"I am not sure there is that much you can do but thank you for offering Sodalis, for the most part they have to get over what they have experienced and then find a new lace to live, and apparently they are bringing that vampire girl we bought from Lavender with them, they have already applied to be allowed to do so since it is usually illegal for our Tradition to have friendly contact with vampires."
The Red Cap explained.

"They are indeed? Well, her unlife has been...hard, I hope that there is some peace for her as well. And how about yourself?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:03 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

'Have to be later; gotta head out Bedford ways first. And pick up something from a drop-box.' Nicole replied, looking thoughtful for a moment. 'Let's say...' looking at her phone for a second '-meet back here at sixteen-hundred?' A short pause before adding;

'Suggest food, nap, shower and coffee. In that order.'

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

'Think you'd better take the stack.' Nicole replied, looking to Fran. 'I've got this-' gesturing to her sawn-down, then flexed out her cybernetic fingers, clearly referring to the blades. 'Plus, bit more sturdy if this turns into a old-school scrap.'

'We do need to work out how each is going to attack. No point putting the medic on the front line, like.'

Colin's Post:

'Hungry for people. Which then allows them to have the energy to move on to the next item on the "To Do List" - fucking around with other people like they're toys.' Nicole replied, giving a little glare. 'But... fuck!' looking like she wanted to punch something for a second. 'I can see your point... don't wail on the monkey, wait till the organ-grinder shows and put a round in their head. But also really fucking dangerous.' trying, and eventually succeeding in opening a packet of cigarettes and lighting one one-handed. 'Getting Grinder to show means they've got time to prepare, time to call in help and shit. We lose the surprise advantage too...' an inhaling of tar and nicotine '-my gut says "too many fucking unknowns".'

'Lastly, we need to remember someone tried this before. One of those rat-shifters. Not seen since.'

[Often the way. This game is a bit odd for me 'cos it's the first PBP ever where the 'main pace' of it is Euro-time and not America-time].

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Well, yeah... that's "linear time" which kinda is a constant.' Nicole replied. 'And the thing is that many of the "critical decisions" aren't in our hands, a majority of ones which are we don't realise it was critical until afterwards - sometimes way afterwards - and usually the ones which we can tell at the time as critical we decide on without all the info or sometimes without even thinking.' tone rather curious, and possibly the most "intellectual" thing the Etherite had said in Adley's presence so far.

Adley's Post:

'Don't worry me. As long as it can provide change for a button.'

[Ah, that's what went wrong: I was looking at an 'earlier edition' of your post...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:22 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin nodded, "Not a problem for me, Madame Gottschalk; I would rather have command than be stuck with confusion regarding chain of command. Besides, Miss Bouchard is right; when the shooting starts, there'll be little centralized coordination in any case. Jon, run your calculations; I would suggest one sharpshooter in that car up there," he pointed to the top of a stack, "that seems like a stable position, and well concealed from the ground, and there are plenty of things to hide behind on ground level that still offer good, clear views of the kill zone. I'll leave determining placements to you."

Jon nodded as he started tapping at his phone after a while he showed you a picture of the map of the junkyard and you saw several positions marked out.
"These would be the best places for luck and for maximum damage done to the enemy and best possible safety."
The young Virtual Adept said.
"At least according to my own calculations."

He gave Bianca a level look, "Miss Rozzo, I know I am not your favourite person right now, and with Anna's condition, that's certainly reciprocated - but can I trust that you will follow orders and put our dispute aside for the duration of this fight? If you cannot, I will be forced to order you to head home, as you will be a liability for yourself and the rest of us. Distractions kill, or worse."

"We might not see eye to eye Mr Wainwright but I will do what I have to and I will follow your lead on this mission, trust me I want to get those bastard vampires more than anyone."
Bianca said evenly.
"We can discuss our disagreement later."
She said darkly and Richard also gave her a bit of a even look the Akashic physician had also had more than enough of her antics.

He nodded, "Very well, here's the reason for why we might wish to offer parlay, though I quite agree with the reasons for why not; the Chief has found that this lot was controlled by a vampire faction called Anarchs previously, a group who refutes the Prince's authority. Not entirely unlike Orphans and independent Crafts outside the Traditions. Those Anarchs did feed on the residents, but no more than the locals could sustain safely. The Prince, after taking control of the area, gifted it to a Ventrue named Jonathan Livington, and he is using this place as a food supply for vampires less able to get food on their own, for a price. The vampires who show up here will likely be hungry and down on their luck as it is - with no particular loyalty to the real monster behind the predation. As such, killing the vampires, excepting the probably one or two who are directly in Livington's employ, will have no real bearing on the problem... but capturing them might make it easier to reach Livington later. It's the man behind the curtain we need to... deal with, directly, not the poor unfortunate souls he sends here. But, this is Madame Gottschalk's call, and what she says goes."

"Well if a restaurant I was considering going to had a tendency to have the gusts get exploded i might not go there."
Richard said darkly.
"I agree this Mr Livington are our main target, and if we have a chance to take prisoners that will lead us to him then that would be worth it, however beyond that these creatures abuse and exploit these poor souls who are living here we can not just turn our back to that to show mercy to these vampires."
Hildegard said sternly.
"I taking prisoners are practical then we will do so, if not then we will destroy them all."
The Chorister declared.
"And may god have mercy on their souls."

We do need to work out how each is going to attack. No point putting the medic on the front line, like.'

"What if the healers hang back, I create a ring of fire around the vampires and the rest of you focus on weakening them with bullets."
Hildegard suggested.

'Hungry for people. Which then allows them to have the energy to move on to the next item on the "To Do List" - fucking around with other people like they're toys.' Nicole replied, giving a little glare. 'But... fuck!' looking like she wanted to punch something for a second. 'I can see your point... don't wail on the monkey, wait till the organ-grinder shows and put a round in their head. But also really fucking dangerous.' trying, and eventually succeeding in opening a packet of cigarettes and lighting one one-handed. 'Getting Grinder to show means they've got time to prepare, time to call in help and shit. We lose the surprise advantage too...' an inhaling of tar and nicotine '-my gut says "too many fucking unknowns".'

'Lastly, we need to remember someone tried this before. One of those rat-shifters. Not seen since.'

"We also have to remember that these creatures are walking Gilgul sticks."
Richard said and frowned.
"We could try to separate out one and two and only wound them while we kill of the rest."
Jon suggested.
"Then we can see if we can get anything out of the one we spare and if that can lead us to Livington."

[Contacting the Sisterhood of Hippolyta]

He nodded, "In any case, it is not for me to try to convince you of the merits of joining the Traditions, and while the occasional increase in hostilities between the Fallen and the Traditions and the Union are a hazard to one's health, there's little reason to assume your son will be directly caught up in the matter."

"My son lives in one of the Chantries in the Chicago Tribunal so he was involved though he did call me to tell me that he had not gotten injured, I still worry though."
Lydia said and sigh.
"And we thank you for your offer but no we do not wish to join the Traditions."

He grinned, "Of course it's ambitious. But, I think it is quite possible, even if it will be difficult to pull off."
He leaned back, "And the doll is a very good piece of handiwork; as a craftsman myself, I can tell that was made with skill and love... Hum, but you know, if you are ever in Boston, you should come visit. I am sure Anna would love to hear more about her mother from someone who knew her."

"Damaris was a skilled craftswoman and she earned her living as a woodcarver."
Lydia explained.
"May I ask what it is you create Mr Wainwright. Also I would love to come visit and see the girl, I can contact your Deacons and as for permission to visit your Chantry, what is it's name?"

[Going to the Library]

"She's the best." Serge said with a sigh as the further talk of Ange just reminded him of her condition. "You know...my grandmentor is actually visiting today. Er, my mentor's mentor. She wanted to see how her student was doing. I've heard of her but still kinda nervous about meeting her. Although my Uncle a lot more scared than I am."

"Your Mentor's Mentor? I bet she is old and powerful and can cast some serious magick."
Kyle said happily.
"I wonder why your uncle is scared of her do you think she is you know difficult to deal with?"
He asked.

"My mom probably would've told me that too, if she was ever home that is." Serge said with small a frown. "But yeah lessons were learned that day. Let's see...was there anything else cool that I did...."

"Yeah you said your parents where working allot, that sucks I guess I am lucky there."
Kyle said and nodded.
"It seams your Mentor knows how to teach the lessons that are needed."
He added with a smile.

After a small amount of thought Serge sighed and said, "Nah. Can't think of anything. How about you? Have you been on any fun adventures?"

"Other than nearly dying from Paradox a few times and running from the Traditions all my life and the times my dad sent me to my room since he had to talk with his Order members about secret stuff...not allot not really I go to school when I can, train magick, read, play computer games and you know now there is Danielle....so there is that."
The young mage said and he scratched his head.
"But no adventures really."

[Chicago, Jerome's rooms]

"That is not a problem; you do not have to explain his situation," he said, not wishing to upset the young man.

Jerome looked at you and nodded.
"Thank you for understanding Sodalis."

"Certainly," he said to Jerome. He looked towards Daniel, trying to see how overtly nervous he was before he made the sign for 'hello.' If that didn't seem to put him off, he followed up with saying and signing 'My name' and fingerspelled his first name out slowly."Adley."

Daniel looked at you his eyes big for a moment then after some time he let go of his sweater with one hand and repeated the signs you had made while he was still looking at you wide eyes and then he looked down at his own hands. Jerome looked at you and his apprentice and then he smiled a little.

"Of course not," he said with a smile.

"Thank you I would not want to be rude."
The Red Cap said as he prepared the two steamers with herbs and then filled the hot water in the two cups and set them to brew.

"I did not wish to pressure them, but only to make it available if they should like to contact us and you are welcome to do the same. I am glad that most of them are recovering. I wish that extended to the Deacon as well, though."

"I will bring them your well wishes."
Jerome said.
"I am sure they will appreciate you thinking about them Sodalis."

"They are indeed? Well, her unlife has been...hard, I hope that there is some peace for her as well. And how about yourself?"

"They are...my House have a tendency to pick up the broken and damaged Mr Roth Hicks, it is kind of what we do in addition to being messengers, I do believe my fellow Mercere believe they can help the vampire girl, give her a chance to recover at some point, poor woman what happened to her was a travesty it should never have happened vampire or no she have emotions she is a ehm...living being."
Jerome said angrily.
"She did not deserve to be treated like that poor thing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:Jon nodded as he started tapping at his phone after a while he showed you a picture of the map of the junkyard and you saw several positions marked out.
"These would be the best places for luck and for maximum damage done to the enemy and best possible safety."
The young Virtual Adept said.
"At least according to my own calculations."
Colin looked at the map, and nodded, "This looks quite good. Alright, can you send the image to each of us for easier coordination?"

Nicole wrote:'Think you'd better take the stack.' Nicole replied, looking to Fran. 'I've got this-' gesturing to her sawn-down, then flexed out her cybernetic fingers, clearly referring to the blades. 'Plus, bit more sturdy if this turns into a old-school scrap.'

'We do need to work out how each is going to attack. No point putting the medic on the front line, like.'
Anja wrote:"What if the healers hang back, I create a ring of fire around the vampires and the rest of you focus on weakening them with bullets."
Hildegard suggested.
He nodded, "The healers should indeed hang back - as for weakening the vampires with bullets, I can say from experience that a direct hit in the head is most likely to incapacitate them on the spot, though it is harder to hit than center of mass... what else... Oh, yes, a Wind of Mundane silence will briefly cripple them; we discovered this when extricating a captive from a vampire's holdings in Chicago. Who here knows that spell?"
He raised his hand and glanced around.

Anja wrote:"We might not see eye to eye Mr Wainwright but I will do what I have to and I will follow your lead on this mission, trust me I want to get those bastard vampires more than anyone."
Bianca said evenly.
"We can discuss our disagreement later."
She said darkly and Richard also gave her a bit of a even look the Akashic physician had also had more than enough of her antics.
He nodded, "Good. We will debate the issue at great length and depth later, but not tonight."

Anja wrote:"Well if a restaurant I was considering going to had a tendency to have the gusts get exploded i might not go there."
Richard said darkly.
"I agree this Mr Livington are our main target, and if we have a chance to take prisoners that will lead us to him then that would be worth it, however beyond that these creatures abuse and exploit these poor souls who are living here we can not just turn our back to that to show mercy to these vampires."
Hildegard said sternly.
"I taking prisoners are practical then we will do so, if not then we will destroy them all."
The Chorister declared.
"And may god have mercy on their souls."
He nodded, "Very well, then, a decisive first strike it is. And God will have no mercy for their souls, I'm afraid - he's the one who cursed them to begin with..."

Nicole wrote:'Hungry for people. Which then allows them to have the energy to move on to the next item on the "To Do List" - fucking around with other people like they're toys.' Nicole replied, giving a little glare. 'But... fuck!' looking like she wanted to punch something for a second. 'I can see your point... don't wail on the monkey, wait till the organ-grinder shows and put a round in their head. But also really fucking dangerous.' trying, and eventually succeeding in opening a packet of cigarettes and lighting one one-handed. 'Getting Grinder to show means they've got time to prepare, time to call in help and shit. We lose the surprise advantage too...' an inhaling of tar and nicotine '-my gut says "too many fucking unknowns".'

He nodded, "This is a point, too... which means that once we've cleared up the dinner rush, we'll have to move fast on the landlord. We'll have to give him an offer he can't refuse."

Anja wrote:"We also have to remember that these creatures are walking Gilgul sticks."
Richard said and frowned.
"We could try to separate out one and two and only wound them while we kill of the rest."
Jon suggested.
"Then we can see if we can get anything out of the one we spare and if that can lead us to Livington."
He frowned, "Gilgul sticks is perhaps a little harsh and imprecise... You don't want to ingest their blood, but being bitten is not going to harm your soul. It's obviously not advisable to let them get a bite in, but that's more an issue of being able to fight."

Anja wrote:"My son lives in one of the Chantries in the Chicago Tribunal so he was involved though he did call me to tell me that he had not gotten injured, I still worry though."
Lydia said and sigh.
"And we thank you for your offer but no we do not wish to join the Traditions."
He smiled thinly, "Chicago will likely be a lot more peaceful for some time, though. There were a few escapees from the Labyrinth, but they left blood samples behind, and will likely be hunted down and captured or killed in fairly short order... they were neither many enough nor high-ranking enough to be a serious threat for quite some time."

Anja wrote:"Damaris was a skilled craftswoman and she earned her living as a woodcarver."
Lydia explained.
"May I ask what it is you create Mr Wainwright. Also I would love to come visit and see the girl, I can contact your Deacons and as for permission to visit your Chantry, what is it's name?"
He grinned, "I'm a silversmith, actually - and a fairly good one, I might add. My shop is pretty much right around the corner from the Chantry - Steelhaven Hall - so you would be welcome to swing by there during the daytime, if you'd rather not come straight to the Chantry. I will let the Deacons know that you would be here as my guest, should you decide to visit. I'll text you the contact information to one of them after we end the call, if that's alright?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 am

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... does that take into account we're different sizes and toting different weapons?' Nicole said curiously, looking at the screen.

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, clearly accepting this call as "good enough in my book".

Anja's Post:

'Apart from me and Fran, is everyone else packing pistols?' she said curiously.

Colin's Post:

'Erm, hate to be the buzzkill on the combination of dealing with "amoral rich bastard" and "bloodsucker" at the same time, but think that call is beyond us.' Nicole replied, taking a drag of her cigarette in a rather sour manner. 'If this Prince "gave" this place and the folk on it, shows Grinder is someone of some importance in their little world, right? Someone who might be missed. That makes it political.'

Colin's Post:

'Being close enough to bite is too fucking close period.' Nicole replied to this, then giving an evil-looking grin. 'Which is what the flares are for. - the last line of defence before hand-to-hand starts. Which won't, as they'll be distracted by being on fire.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 am

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Your Mentor's Mentor? I bet she is old and powerful and can cast some serious magick."
Kyle said happily.
"I wonder why your uncle is scared of her do you think she is you know difficult to deal with?"
He asked.

"Something like that. Apparently she's quite strict and expects the best out of her students." Serge said. "I could tell just from talking to her on the phone. She definitely has some authority in her voice. I'd love for her to teach me one of her crazy spells but I'd probably be too scared to ask."

Anja wrote:"Yeah you said your parents where working allot, that sucks I guess I am lucky there."
Kyle said and nodded.
"It seams your Mentor knows how to teach the lessons that are needed."
He added with a smile.

"She always knew what lessons I would need for the future. Most Ecstatic have a strange intuition like that. Probably cause of the time shenanigans they do." Serge said evenly. "Sadly I don't have that intuition yet. Time magick is some weird stuff to learn."

Anja wrote:"Other than nearly dying from Paradox a few times and running from the Traditions all my life and the times my dad sent me to my room since he had to talk with his Order members about secret stuff...not allot not really I go to school when I can, train magick, read, play computer games and you know now there is Danielle....so there is that."
The young mage said and he scratched his head.
"But no adventures really."

"Had a feeling you'd say something like that." Serge said getting used to Kyle's rather sad past. "Well your bound to have some fun, non-horrific, adventures soon. And I bet it'll have an epic name. Something like...'Kyle and his adventures in the crystal caverns!' or 'Kyle and his adventures with a cursed alarm clock!' something like that."

[Nicole Apartment]

Anja wrote:'Have to be later; gotta head out Bedford ways first. And pick up something from a drop-box.' Nicole replied, looking thoughtful for a moment. 'Let's say...' looking at her phone for a second '-meet back here at sixteen-hundred?' A short pause before adding;

'Suggest food, nap, shower and coffee. In that order.'

"16:00? Let's see 13, 14, 15..." Serge began counting on his fingers, "...16. Oh 4:00. Sure thing. And yeah I could do with a nap. See you then."

With a friendly wave, Serge turned and attempted to leave the room and, either out of sleepiness or lack of focus, ended up bumping into the side of the doorway quite painfully as he tried to make his exit. "Ow! Stupid door." he said, clutching his sides as he continued on.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:50 am

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin looked at the map, and nodded, "This looks quite good. Alright, can you send the image to each of us for easier coordination?"

"This I can do."
Jon said and he tapped a few more times at his phone and his updated map with his new calculations where sent to everyone in the party.

'Erm... does that take into account we're different sizes and toting different weapons?' Nicole said curiously, looking at the screen.

"It do, I put in every bit of information I have before letting the app run the calculation."
Jon said as she handed you his phone to let you have a better look at the map and the markers on it.

He nodded, "The healers should indeed hang back - as for weakening the vampires with bullets, I can say from experience that a direct hit in the head is most likely to incapacitate them on the spot, though it is harder to hit than center of mass... what else...

"I can run a aiming assist program, I have an app for that."
Jon chimed in.
"That should make it possible to hit them in the head."

Oh, yes, a Wind of Mundane silence will briefly cripple them; we discovered this when extricating a captive from a vampire's holdings in Chicago. Who here knows that spell?"
He raised his hand and glanced around.

"That is a Hemetic spell is it not?"
Fran asked.
"I can do something quite similar Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said but none of the others spoke up.

He nodded, "Good. We will debate the issue at great length and depth later, but not tonight."

Bianca gave you a sour look but she eventually nodded.
"Agreed."
She grumbled.
"For now let us give these bloodsuckers a bad night."

He nodded, "Very well, then, a decisive first strike it is. And God will have no mercy for their souls, I'm afraid - he's the one who cursed them to begin with..."

"Don't piss of fucking Celestines I guess."
Jon said which earned him a very stern look from Hildegard.
"Indeed, we hit them fast and hard and see if anyone of them survive the initial strike."
She said while still glaring at Jon who gave her a what did I say look.

He nodded, "This is a point, too... which means that once we've cleared up the dinner rush, we'll have to move fast on the landlord. We'll have to give him an offer he can't refuse."

"The question is where do we find the bastard?"
Fran asked.
"Vampires are good at hiding."

He frowned, "Gilgul sticks is perhaps a little harsh and imprecise... You don't want to ingest their blood, but being bitten is not going to harm your soul. It's obviously not advisable to let them get a bite in, but that's more an issue of being able to fight."

"Their blood destroy Avatars that is bad enough I like to keep my distance from anything that can destroy an Avatar."
Jon protested.
"Like Master Telar?"
Fran said and raised an eyebrow and Jon griped at her.
"Well yes I guess she could do that if she really want to."
He had to admit.
"But she don't want to."

'Apart from me and Fran, is everyone else packing pistols?' she said curiously.

Most of the gathered mages nodded other than Richard and Bianca.
"I have daggers."
Said the Vebena hedge wizard.
"I have never needed such weapons."
Richard chimed in. The rest seamed to have pistols though, even Hildegard who had a little lady gun with a mother of pearl handle.

'Erm, hate to be the buzzkill on the combination of dealing with "amoral rich bastard" and "bloodsucker" at the same time, but think that call is beyond us.' Nicole replied, taking a drag of her cigarette in a rather sour manner. 'If this Prince "gave" this place and the folk on it, shows Grinder is someone of some importance in their little world, right? Someone who might be missed. That makes it political.'

"This whole operation is likely to end up political."
Hildegard said.
"This vampire leader is not likely to take lightly to us attacking his people here, however if we do not deal with this ringleader who runs this ehm...restaurant then what is going to stop him from just starting his business right back up?"

Being close enough to bite is too fucking close period.' Nicole replied to this, then giving an evil-looking grin. 'Which is what the flares are for. - the last line of defence before hand-to-hand starts. Which won't, as they'll be distracted by being on fire.'

"House Flambeau would approve of your way of thinking Nicole."
Fran said with a grin.
"That works for me, though if need be I am confident I can go into hand to hand with these beings and do some damage."
Richard said.
"Yeah you are also who we need to patch us back up if some shit that can't be healed happened so no."
Jon said and Richard griped at him.

He smiled thinly, "Chicago will likely be a lot more peaceful for some time, though. There were a few escapees from the Labyrinth, but they left blood samples behind, and will likely be hunted down and captured or killed in fairly short order... they were neither many enough nor high-ranking enough to be a serious threat for quite some time."

"I pity those escapees then, their lot will not be an easy one."
Lydia said then she sigh.
"I know you are right Mr Wainwright but I am a mother and I heard that my only son where in a Labyrinth with a strike team setting fire to Nephandi, that makes me worried I am sure you can understand that."

He grinned, "I'm a silversmith, actually - and a fairly good one, I might add. My shop is pretty much right around the corner from the Chantry - Steelhaven Hall - so you would be welcome to swing by there during the daytime, if you'd rather not come straight to the Chantry. I will let the Deacons know that you would be here as my guest, should you decide to visit. I'll text you the contact information to one of them after we end the call, if that's alright?"

"A silversmith, a honest trade then, very well I would love to have a look in your shop, hand made items are so much nicer than things mass produced in a factory."
The amazon said.
"Thank you that would be nice, I will visit then as soon as I can get excused from my duties here and given that my superiors allow me to go, which I do not think will be a problem."

[Going to the Library]

"Something like that. Apparently she's quite strict and expects the best out of her students." Serge said. "I could tell just from talking to her on the phone. She definitely has some authority in her voice. I'd love for her to teach me one of her crazy spells but I'd probably be too scared to ask."

"What is the worst that can happen if you ask her?"
Kyle said.
"You might as well ask her to teach you, I mean she is old and powerful you have a unique chance to learn something really cool from her, imagine what a old Cult of Ecstasy matriarch have seen and done and what she can do with her magick."
The widderslainte said with a big grin.

She always knew what lessons I would need for the future. Most Ecstatic have a strange intuition like that. Probably cause of the time shenanigans they do." Serge said evenly. "Sadly I don't have that intuition yet. Time magick is some weird stuff to learn."

"Yeah I imagine so but just think os all the stuff you can do with Time magick once you learn it like moving fast enough to run up walls and other such Matrix stuff."
Kyle said excitedly.
"That would be really cool to learn in fact."

"Had a feeling you'd say something like that." Serge said getting used to Kyle's rather sad past. "Well your bound to have some fun, non-horrific, adventures soon. And I bet it'll have an epic name. Something like...'Kyle and his adventures in the crystal caverns!' or 'Kyle and his adventures with a cursed alarm clock!' something like that."

"Perhaps so once the adventure Kyle gets put on trial for his soul are done."
The young widderslainte said sadly.
"I actually don't need adventure I just want a permanent home, get to keep my magick and have some friends and such."
He said and smiled.
"And to get to know Danielle better."
He added and he blushed allot at that and looked down into his cocoa.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 am

'Well, yeah... that's "linear time" which kinda is a constant.' Nicole replied. 'And the thing is that many of the "critical decisions" aren't in our hands, a majority of ones which are we don't realise it was critical until afterwards - sometimes way afterwards - and usually the ones which we can tell at the time as critical we decide on without all the info or sometimes without even thinking.' tone rather curious, and possibly the most "intellectual" thing the Etherite had said in Adley's presence so far.

"Not always, if you ask mages that can understand the art of time. Plus, I don't know about you but my last week has felt like...three and a half. Yes, some things we decide on and we don't know for sure how important it can be until later on. We don't have perfect information or knowledge, we're always learning things as they develop, and there are definitely times when we wish we'd known better when the decision was in our hands. It's hard, knowing what to do when you're not sure of the outcome. I've felt that way many times over the last few weeks. Generally, I am told that all we can do is try to make the best decisions we can, and perhaps it's a good reminder to know even little things are important even if we don't control everything."

'Don't worry me. As long as it can provide change for a button.'

"I hear the sound of coins clinking in the jar as you speak," he said and chuckled.

Daniel looked at you his eyes big for a moment then after some time he let go of his sweater with one hand and repeated the signs you had made while he was still looking at you wide eyes and then he looked down at his own hands. Jerome looked at you and his apprentice and then he smiled a little.

He smiled a little with an encouraging nod. "I Adley," he said, signing again as he spoke. He gestured towards Daniel and then said, "You Daniel," and spelled out his name slowly.

"I will bring them your well wishes." Jerome said. "I am sure they will appreciate you thinking about them Sodalis."

"Thank you." He glanced around the room a little as Jerome made the tea, but not trying to be nosey about it. He just liked the way that the room looked in general.

"They are...my House have a tendency to pick up the broken and damaged Mr Roth Hicks, it is kind of what we do in addition to being messengers, I do believe my fellow Mercere believe they can help the vampire girl, give her a chance to recover at some point, poor woman what happened to her was a travesty it should never have happened vampire or no she have emotions she is a ehm...living being." Jerome said angrily. "She did not deserve to be treated like that poor thing."

"That is true," he nodded. After a pause, he added, "I saw the chicken coop outside."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 am

[Adley] (Chicago)

He smiled a little with an encouraging nod. "I Adley," he said, signing again as he spoke. He gestured towards Daniel and then said, "You Daniel," and spelled out his name slowly.

Daniel looked at you then after a moment he repeated the gestures you had done for his name and he gave a very faint smile. Jerome looked rather surprised.
"He hardly ever smiles."
The Mercere muttered.
"He must like you."

"Thank you." He glanced around the room a little as Jerome made the tea, but not trying to be nosey about it. He just liked the way that the room looked in general.

The room was simply decorated, the table and book shelves where washed white though the original patterns of the wood showed through, the floor though where white washed with wood grain sowing, th sofa was green, and so where the pillows and table cloths. Most of the pictures on the walls where nature shots though on one wall there were pictures of people, a couple that might be Jerome's parents, a big happy looking Labrador at their feet, a picture of Daniel as well as several of the mages at Morningstar where there and a man you had seen visiting your Mentor, a member of House Flambeau perhaps he had been Jerome's Mentor before he changed his House. There was also a picture of Laisa Taimen, Jerome himself and a elegant looking elderly woman all dressed with the traditional red caps of House Mercere at what looked like a graduation ceremony, and in the center of the pictures where a class of kindergarten kids with their teacher, the children Jerome had killed during his Quiet a tragedy he never let himself forget or forgive himself for.

Jerome put some coasters on the table and put the tea cups down.
"Daniel I have put your tea here wait a moment before drinking so you don't burn yourself."
He told his apprentice and the boy looked at him and nodded though he said nothing.

"That is true," he nodded. After a pause, he added, "I saw the chicken coop outside."

"Ah yes Wolfgang's chickens, he loves those birds, luckily they where rescued from the Post Office before it blew up. Wolfgang rescue the birds, it is apperantly a problem that pepole get their children little baby chickens for Easter and then when the kids are tired of caring for the birds or they are no longer little yellow poof balls but grow into adult chickens who need caring and the proper enclosure they are kileld or abaondoned. You hear about dogs and cats but apperantly chickens and bunnies are in as much need of new homes and the Deacon takes in as many as he can."
Jerome explained with a little smile.
"One of the Dreamspeakers have bunnies so we places the bird with them until a better solution can be found and it have worked out for now. One of the chickens, Wolfgang's favorite is up in the infirmary with him though."
He added.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 am

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"This I can do."
Jon said and he tapped a few more times at his phone and his updated map with his new calculations where sent to everyone in the party.
Nicole wrote:'Erm... does that take into account we're different sizes and toting different weapons?' Nicole said curiously, looking at the screen.
Anja wrote:"It do, I put in every bit of information I have before letting the app run the calculation."
Jon said as she handed you his phone to let you have a better look at the map and the markers on it.
Colin looked at the image on his phone, then located his own position and gave a small nod, "Range and field of vision should be good, yes..."

Nicole wrote:A nod to this, clearly accepting this call as "good enough in my book".
Nicole wrote:'Erm, hate to be the buzzkill on the combination of dealing with "amoral rich bastard" and "bloodsucker" at the same time, but think that call is beyond us.' Nicole replied, taking a drag of her cigarette in a rather sour manner. 'If this Prince "gave" this place and the folk on it, shows Grinder is someone of some importance in their little world, right? Someone who might be missed. That makes it political.'
Anja wrote:"This whole operation is likely to end up political."
Hildegard said.
"This vampire leader is not likely to take lightly to us attacking his people here, however if we do not deal with this ringleader who runs this ehm...restaurant then what is going to stop him from just starting his business right back up?"
He nodded, "Chief Morgan is well aware of the political consequences. He still said to go on. I expect he's cheerfully busy having a number of spirits or other suitable individuals track down the bloodsucker's location. We do have an advantage; Ventrue are, as I understand it, the old-world nobility and financiers of the vampire world, which means they cannot avoid the paper trail."

Anja wrote:"The question is where do we find the bastard?"
Fran asked.
"Vampires are good at hiding."
He shrugged, "Hence why a captive could be useful... but there are other ways; the Chief has his name, and you know what Hermetics can do with someone's name..."

Anja wrote:"I can run a aiming assist program, I have an app for that."
Jon chimed in.
"That should make it possible to hit them in the head."
He grinned, "That's going to be useful. There should be a slight aid from the frames I enchanted, too, though that's more to pinpoint details visually, as well as a touch of foresight into movements than actual targeting assistance."

Anja wrote:"That is a Hemetic spell is it not?"
Fran asked.
"I can do something quite similar Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said but none of the others spoke up.
He frowned, "Well, then, Madame Gottschalk, we just might have to keep that spell in mind to create a bit of impediment, should the vampires try to move outside their designated area... and be wary of the resident spirits; in particular the Genius Loci, who is helping shelter the Sleepers in the back."

Anja wrote:"Don't piss of fucking Celestines I guess."
Jon said which earned him a very stern look from Hildegard.
"Indeed, we hit them fast and hard and see if anyone of them survive the initial strike."
She said while still glaring at Jon who gave her a what did I say look.
He shook his head slightly, "Jon... adjectives. The Celestine in question may have a number of less positive qualities, but foulmouthing him for them has never worked well. The Flying Dutchman comes to mind..."

Nicole wrote:'Apart from me and Fran, is everyone else packing pistols?' she said curiously.
Anja wrote:Most of the gathered mages nodded other than Richard and Bianca.
"I have daggers."
Said the Vebena hedge wizard.
"I have never needed such weapons."
Richard chimed in. The rest seamed to have pistols though, even Hildegard who had a little lady gun with a mother of pearl handle.
He nodded, "Miss Rozzo, you will not pursue a melee engagement. If you have any ranged offensive capabilities, use those, otherwise, hang back until and unless someone needs assistance. The same goes for you, Richard. We'll be throwing a lot of fire into the fray, we can't have people charging into the crossfire."

Nicole wrote:'Being close enough to bite is too fucking close period.' Nicole replied to this, then giving an evil-looking grin. 'Which is what the flares are for. - the last line of defence before hand-to-hand starts. Which won't, as they'll be distracted by being on fire.'
Anja wrote:"House Flambeau would approve of your way of thinking Nicole."
Fran said with a grin.
"That works for me, though if need be I am confident I can go into hand to hand with these beings and do some damage."
Richard said.
"Yeah you are also who we need to patch us back up if some shit that can't be healed happened so no."
Jon said and Richard griped at him.
He nodded, "True, but being bitten is not a death sentence for your Avatar, which was my point. And yes, I expect the Chief would approve of such an attitude. No engaging in melee unless they come at you first."

Anja wrote:"Their blood destroy Avatars that is bad enough I like to keep my distance from anything that can destroy an Avatar."
Jon protested.
"Like Master Telar?"
Fran said and raised an eyebrow and Jon griped at her.
"Well yes I guess she could do that if she really want to."
He had to admit.
"But she don't want to."
He nodded, "Their blood can destroy an Avatar, but a single drop won't do it, it requires ingestion, and there are other concerns that you should put far higher on your priorities list if they get close enough to bleed on you."

Anja wrote:"I pity those escapees then, their lot will not be an easy one."
Lydia said then she sigh.
"I know you are right Mr Wainwright but I am a mother and I heard that my only son where in a Labyrinth with a strike team setting fire to Nephandi, that makes me worried I am sure you can understand that."
He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, I do not recall meeting him... though if you speak with him, he might have noticed a scar-faced Englishman with a thoroughly ruined suit and fearless demeanour during the final confrontation with the Gilledian."

Anja wrote:"A silversmith, a honest trade then, very well I would love to have a look in your shop, hand made items are so much nicer than things mass produced in a factory."
The amazon said.
"Thank you that would be nice, I will visit then as soon as I can get excused from my duties here and given that my superiors allow me to go, which I do not think will be a problem."
He nodded, "I quite agree. I do make a modest profit off lucky charms, as well - just a small enchantment to ward off the small annoyances in life, or attract a little good luck; nothing to secure the Powerball jackpot or anything that would draw attention, of course."
He smiled, "I will let my superiors know, and I look forward to meeting you. I'm sure Anna will appreciate it, too."

((OOC: Ooog, people don't believe I am as old as I say I am until they hear me stand up...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:34 am

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin looked at the image on his phone, then located his own position and gave a small nod, "Range and field of vision should be good, yes..."

"It should be optimized based on your weapon, and also your chance of success."
Jon said and nodded.

He nodded, "Chief Morgan is well aware of the political consequences. He still said to go on. I expect he's cheerfully busy having a number of spirits or other suitable individuals track down the bloodsucker's location. We do have an advantage; Ventrue are, as I understand it, the old-world nobility and financiers of the vampire world, which means they cannot avoid the paper trail."

"Well Chief Morgan might not be the best at tracking finances."
Jon said.
"No disrespect intended off course."
He added quickly and Fran shrugs.
"This is true but there are Master Sharaya or that, main point with the Chief's blessing is that he is willing to accept the shit that will come with acting to protect these people, which do not surprise me that he is."
The Euthanatos said and Hildegard nodded.
"We will see what can be done to find the ringleader once we have dealt with those we suspect will come here tonight."
The Chorister announced then she frowned.
"And the fallout from it."

He shrugged, "Hence why a captive could be useful... but there are other ways; the Chief has his name, and you know what Hermetics can do with someone's name..."

"Yeah I have seen them work, I am starting to see why Adley is so careful about his."
Fran said and frowned.
"If we can get a captive that would be a boon, however it is of secondary importance over stopping the ones that will be arriving."
Hildegard said.

He grinned, "That's going to be useful. There should be a slight aid from the frames I enchanted, too, though that's more to pinpoint details visually, as well as a touch of foresight into movements than actual targeting assistance."

"I will add their data to my calculations."
Jon said with a nod.

He frowned, "Well, then, Madame Gottschalk, we just might have to keep that spell in mind to create a bit of impediment, should the vampires try to move outside their designated area... and be wary of the resident spirits; in particular the Genius Loci, who is helping shelter the Sleepers in the back."

"Very well Mr Wainwright, this I can do, however keep in mind that I use song as my focus so I should probably place myself where my song will not give the rest of you away."
Hildegard agreed.
"Check the map a good placement for that is marked Adepta Majora Gottschalk."
Jon said and Hildegard pulled out her quite old phone though it did manage to display the map.
"Only one female form in a title Mr Sharman, not two, and yes I see now, tis should be a good enough placement yes."
She said then she nodded and looked at Colin.
"I saw the spirit you refer to when we arrived I will make sure he is not harmed."

He shook his head slightly, "Jon... adjectives. The Celestine in question may have a number of less positive qualities, but foulmouthing him for them has never worked well. The Flying Dutchman comes to mind..."

"Yeah well he can bite me."
Jon grumbled and Hildegard raised an eyebrow.
"Yes I imagine that he very much can Mr Sherman."

He nodded, "Miss Rozzo, you will not pursue a melee engagement. If you have any ranged offensive capabilities, use those, otherwise, hang back until and unless someone needs assistance. The same goes for you, Richard. We'll be throwing a lot of fire into the fray, we can't have people charging into the crossfire."

"Yeah no I have no idea how to fire a gun save which end to point at the enemy with, what I can do is offer support, enchantments and healing."
Bianca said. Richard simply nodded at what you said.
"As you will."
He commented.

He nodded, "True, but being bitten is not a death sentence for your Avatar, which was my point. And yes, I expect the Chief would approve of such an attitude. No engaging in melee unless they come at you first."

"I am not to concerned about being bitten it is their blood I fear."
Jon commented.
"Which is why we try to stay at a range."
Fran replied and the Virtual Adept sigh.
"Point, point..."
He conceded.

He nodded, "Their blood can destroy an Avatar, but a single drop won't do it, it requires ingestion, and there are other concerns that you should put far higher on your priorities list if they get close enough to bleed on you."

Jon nodded at that.
"Well let us hope the critters don't get to close."
He commented.

He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, I do not recall meeting him... though if you speak with him, he might have noticed a scar-faced Englishman with a thoroughly ruined suit and fearless demeanour during the final confrontation with the Gilledian."

"He said he was part of Chief Joakim's group during the assault of the Labyrinth, who are the security Chief at one of the Chantries in Chicago if I do not remember it wrong."
Lydia said.
"And I will mention it to him."

He nodded, "I quite agree. I do make a modest profit off lucky charms, as well - just a small enchantment to ward off the small annoyances in life, or attract a little good luck; nothing to secure the Powerball jackpot or anything that would draw attention, of course."

"It sounds like a good way to work your magick Mr Wainwright."
The amazon replied.

He smiled, "I will let my superiors know, and I look forward to meeting you. I'm sure Anna will appreciate it, too."

"I look forward to it again Mr Wainwright and especially to seeing the girl."
Lydia said.
"Was there anything else then I could help you with Mr Wainwright."

(OOC: Happy birthday Warp. Neh you are fine try having hyper mobile joints that can really sound interesting when I stand. I feel like one of those cheap knock of lego sets at times, the ones that do not quite come together right. Razz I hope you are having a good birthday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:10 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Well Chief Morgan might not be the best at tracking finances."
Jon said.
"No disrespect intended off course."
He added quickly and Fran shrugs.
"This is true but there are Master Sharaya or that, main point with the Chief's blessing is that he is willing to accept the shit that will come with acting to protect these people, which do not surprise me that he is."
The Euthanatos said and Hildegard nodded.
"We will see what can be done to find the ringleader once we have dealt with those we suspect will come here tonight."
The Chorister announced then she frowned.
"And the fallout from it."
He nodded, "The Chief won't be the one doing the financial tracking, but he might know a gremlin or two. Or Master Sharaya might be able to spare the time. The immediately important thing is that it is extremely unlikely for the real culprit to show up in person. Likely, he won't retaliate until tomorrow night, if given the chance."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I have seen them work, I am starting to see why Adley is so careful about his."
Fran said and frowned.
"If we can get a captive that would be a boon, however it is of secondary importance over stopping the ones that will be arriving."
Hildegard said.
He nodded.

Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Wainwright, this I can do, however keep in mind that I use song as my focus so I should probably place myself where my song will not give the rest of you away."
Hildegard agreed.
"Check the map a good placement for that is marked Adepta Majora Gottschalk."
Jon said and Hildegard pulled out her quite old phone though it did manage to display the map.
"Only one female form in a title Mr Sharman, not two, and yes I see now, tis should be a good enough placement yes."
She said then she nodded and looked at Colin.
"I saw the spirit you refer to when we arrived I will make sure he is not harmed."
He nodded, "The spirit's called Bobby - and he told me there was a Mage using the lot for his work before."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well he can bite me."
Jon grumbled and Hildegard raised an eyebrow.
"Yes I imagine that he very much can Mr Sherman."
He grimaced, "Biting is the least of your worries; becoming a pillar of salt, or cursed to wander the earth, shunned by everyone until the end of days has a lot more precedent..."

Anja wrote:Jon nodded at that.
"Well let us hope the critters don't get to close."
He commented.
He nodded, "That's the general battle plan."

Anja wrote:"He said he was part of Chief Joakim's group during the assault of the Labyrinth, who are the security Chief at one of the Chantries in Chicago if I do not remember it wrong."
Lydia said.
"And I will mention it to him."
He nodded, "Chief Joakim is a good man - the Security Chief at Morningstar. Your son would have been as safe as could be under his leadership, I think."

Anja wrote:"It sounds like a good way to work your magick Mr Wainwright."
The amazon replied.
He grinned, "It's good practice work, and I find it a convenient way to give a little magic to the sleepers without much notice."

Anja wrote:"I look forward to it again Mr Wainwright and especially to seeing the girl."
Lydia said.
"Was there anything else then I could help you with Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "No, that would be essentially it - I will send you Master Sharaya's contact information and inform him and my Security Chief of your likely contacting us to visit. Good day, Madame Dias. I hope I could provide you a small measure of closure, at least."

((OOC: So far, the day will do. But I'm long past the point where I look forward to my birthdays with anything more than exasperated indifference... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:17 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"What is the worst that can happen if you ask her?"
Kyle said.
"You might as well ask her to teach you, I mean she is old and powerful you have a unique chance to learn something really cool from her, imagine what a old Cult of Ecstasy matriarch have seen and done and what she can do with her magick."
The widderslainte said with a big grin.

"She might complain that I'm not using my own head. Cult of Ecstasy values creativity and abhors stagnation. Don't know if she'd be a fan of me asking for tricks from the past rather than innovating for the future." Serge said with an unsure look on his face. "Although that's just me making excuses. I do wanna ask her. Don't know if now would be the best time though. Asking her for some power spells when she's here meeting her injured apprentice."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I imagine so but just think os all the stuff you can do with Time magick once you learn it like moving fast enough to run up walls and other such Matrix stuff."
Kyle said excitedly.
"That would be really cool to learn in fact."

"I'm fairly certain spider mages and Akashic ninja's can run up walls just fine without Time magick. Dodging bullets might need a bit more time trickery though." Serge said with a chuckle. "I'm more interested in the perfect timing part of it. Arrive to the scene at the most dramatic point! Perfect spell for any superhero!"

Anja wrote:"Perhaps so once the adventure Kyle gets put on trial for his soul are done."
The young widderslainte said sadly.
"I actually don't need adventure I just want a permanent home, get to keep my magick and have some friends and such."
He said and smiled.
"And to get to know Danielle better."
He added and he blushed allot at that and looked down into his cocoa.

"How often do you guys talk?" Serge asked wanting to bring the conversation away from Kyle's life or death situation. "You and Danielle?"

(OOC: Happy Birthday Warp!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

Nicole gave a shake of the head as Serge missed the door, then closed it behind him once he'd gone through it...

[While we could RP the 'testing the skin' scene, feel that unless Anja feels it's needed, it can be handwaved and wrapped up with a tie-up post]

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

Anja's Post:

'This could be... a spark for a war.' Nicole replied, clearly showing caution. 'And the Fall is a really fucking stupid time to open one too.'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

'These things can kick through ribcages and some have claws that can cut through kevlar. Close quarters is suicide.' Nicole replied in a matter-of-fact way to the Verbena. 'And you might need something tonight.' turning to Richard for a moment, before pulling out a flare gun and holding it as though about to fire. 'Simple point-click interface. Point it at the thing to burn and click the trigger.' giving a little smirk. 'You have six rounds, the safety is this plastic tag - pull it out to fire.' showing said tag to the pair. 'Just aim for the torso, anyone who's not blind will get hits on a target less than five metres away.'

Anja's Post:

'More worried about Grinder doing some digging, calling in some favours and coming directly after us than a simple "re-opening".' Nicole said darkly.

Anja's Post:

'If that situation happens, chances are we've lost and it's time to run.' the large woman replied. 'And he's right - your job is to try to keep us out of a black bag and upright to fight.'

Colin's Post:

'And these... Anarchs oppose these "Ventrue" fuckers? Liking them more already.' Nicole quipped.

Anja's Post:

'But... I have something I really want to show them!' Nicole replied with an evil smirk, patting her shotgun.

Colin's Post:

'Think like a bloodsucker. We are at the moment at their 5AM. It is perfectly possible Grinder will notice by "noon" - our midnight - and issuing orders for a counter-attack by "evening" - our 4AM.' Nicole warned. 'We may have to have folk waiting here all fucking night to see if he shows.'

Colin's Post:

'Cursed to wander the earth?' Nicole said curiously.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Ah, that can be explained. Mind lazy; measures "time" by changes made, things achieved. So if you hit a spurt with lots of both, afterwards you look back and think "shit, how did I pack in all that?" and stuff.' Nicole replied.

[Seem to be winding down topic-wise; fast-travel again?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:04 pm

'Ah, that can be explained. Mind lazy; measures "time" by changes made, things achieved. So if you hit a spurt with lots of both, afterwards you look back and think "shit, how did I pack in all that?" and stuff.' Nicole replied.

"I might be inclined to think that was at least partly true, or sometimes it's true, if I didn't spend so much time in time bubbles to catch rest. Hrm, let's see who is playing tonight..." he said and brought up the roster to have a look at how things were going for the team.

// Fast forward sounds good

[Adley] [Chicago, Jerome's rooms]

Daniel looked at you then after a moment he repeated the gestures you had done for his name and he gave a very faint smile.
Jerome looked rather surprised. "He hardly ever smiles." The Mercere muttered. "He must like you."

Adley smiled back a little and then gave a thumbs up. He repeated 'I Adley', 'you Daniel' without saying anything and then pointed at Jerome. He gestured with two pointer fingers out and the rest of the hands curled like a fist and set together, pointing to one side - mentor. He said the word mentor and then handspelled the name as he spoke it: Jerome. That was about the limit of his conversational skills, for the time being - introduction, fingerspelling and some basic words but it was probably plenty for the young man anyway. He didn't want to overwhelm him. "Next time I come, I can bring you both a book if you would like, similar to the one I am using. I should be back in a few weeks. If I can get the same one I will do, it is pretty succinct. There is also a good website that shows videos of the signs, it's very helpful."

"Ah yes Wolfgang's chickens, he loves those birds, luckily they where rescued from the Post Office before it blew up. Wolfgang rescue the birds, it is apparently a problem that pepole get their children little baby chickens for Easter and then when the kids are tired of caring for the birds or they are no longer little yellow poof balls but grow into adult chickens who need caring and the proper enclosure they are killed or abaondoned. You hear about dogs and cats but apperantly chickens and bunnies are in as much need of new homes and the Deacon takes in as many as he can." Jerome explained with a little smile. "One of the Dreamspeakers have bunnies so we places the bird with them until a better solution can be found and it have worked out for now. One of the chickens, Wolfgang's favorite is up in the infirmary with him though."
He added.

"I am glad we could find them and that one is with him, having a pet with him may help some I hope, a familiar friend as it were. Yes, people treat animals like objects which I do not believe is correct. They have a spirit and feel things, they are alive after all. I sometimes think about having a pet or familiar, and what sort it might be, but I am so busy it would not be fair. And familiars and animals require food and vet care and such and I am broke. But I generally enjoy their presence, like certain spirit friends of mine I find sometimes that being with them cheers me up."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:41 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He nodded, "The Chief won't be the one doing the financial tracking, but he might know a gremlin or two. Or Master Sharaya might be able to spare the time. The immediately important thing is that it is extremely unlikely for the real culprit to show up in person. Likely, he won't retaliate until tomorrow night, if given the chance."

"I am less worried about the real culprit retaliating tomorrow night and more worried about him biding his time and doing so two weeks, two months, two years, who know how long from now, the bastard is immortal he can afford to wait after all."
Jon said darkly with a worried frown.

He nodded, "The spirit's called Bobby - and he told me there was a Mage using the lot for his work before."

"Hum...there where a Verditius living in the Tribunal some time ago, he used this place for his work but I do not know if that is the person the spirit are referring to."
Hildegard said then she nodded.
"Bobby the angel of rusting cars, I guess that have a ring to it."
The Chorister commented with a smile.

He grimaced, "Biting is the least of your worries; becoming a pillar of salt, or cursed to wander the earth, shunned by everyone until the end of days has a lot more precedent..."

Jon frowned a little.
"Fond of smiting now isn't he? I guess some caution might be in order, my Mentor always told me spirits might just be glitches in the code but they can still cause some serious hurt if angered, especially the powerful ones."

He nodded, "That's the general battle plan."

"Good plan."
The Technomancer said wryly.

This could be... a spark for a war.' Nicole replied, clearly showing caution. 'And the Fall is a really fucking stupid time to open one too.'

"Agreed Miss Bouchard and your caution show wisdom, however we need to help these people, they are powerless and we are not. Heaven knows we don't need more enemies however I believe that the Protocol which states Protect the Sleepers they are ignorant of what they do refeer to actually protecting them and not just refraining from doing them harm ourselves."
Hildegard said and frowned a concerned look in her eyes.
"But yes what we do today will come with a cost, quite possibly a steep one."

'These things can kick through ribcages and some have claws that can cut through kevlar. Close quarters is suicide.' Nicole replied in a matter-of-fact way to the Verbena. 'And you might need something tonight.' turning to Richard for a moment, before pulling out a flare gun and holding it as though about to fire. 'Simple point-click interface. Point it at the thing to burn and click the trigger.' giving a little smirk. 'You have six rounds, the safety is this plastic tag - pull it out to fire.' showing said tag to the pair. 'Just aim for the torso, anyone who's not blind will get hits on a target less than five metres away.'

"Hum...perhaps I will stay back."
Bianca said and frowned. Richard though nodded as he accepted the flare fun.
"I can match what they can do given a moment to prepare my magick, other than my healing work are based around boosting my own physical abilities, Chi let me surpass what is normally human limitations."
The Akashic said.
"Trust me Nicole, if need be I can stand my ground against these creatures, though I prefer not to have to."
He said as he examined the flare gun.

'More worried about Grinder doing some digging, calling in some favours and coming directly after us than a simple "re-opening".' Nicole said darkly.

"I share your concern Miss Bouchard, but we have committed the help these sleepers we can not simply turn our backs on them now."
Hildegard replied softly.

'If that situation happens, chances are we've lost and it's time to run.' the large woman replied. 'And he's right - your job is to try to keep us out of a black bag and upright to fight.'

"I am going to do my very best to do that job Nicole and I will try my best not to get killed before I can perform my duty."
Richard promised with a slight smile.
"But if those critters come after me and Miss Rozzo I am far from defenseless."

'And these... Anarchs oppose these "Ventrue" fuckers? Liking them more already.' Nicole quipped.

Fran glanced over at you.
"My Mentor have some vampire allies, now it is not like they volunteer information but from what I can pierce together Anarchs are fighting against the old power structures and regime in vampire society, they wish for freedom, to live fee and off course the established order hate their guts."
The Euthanathos explained.
"But that is about the extent of what I know about them."

'But... I have something I really want to show them!' Nicole replied with an evil smirk, patting her shotgun.

"I am sure they can admire your weapon at a distance Nicole."
Jon replied sounding amused.

'Think like a bloodsucker. We are at the moment at their 5AM. It is perfectly possible Grinder will notice by "noon" - our midnight - and issuing orders for a counter-attack by "evening" - our 4AM.' Nicole warned. 'We may have to have folk waiting here all fucking night to see if he shows.'

"Agreed, we need to leave someone here to keep watch once we leave, unless we get information to counter indicate that."
Hildegard said and nodded.
"We do not know how or when these creatures will react to us shitting down their little operation here.

He nodded, "Chief Joakim is a good man - the Security Chief at Morningstar. Your son would have been as safe as could be under his leadership, I think."

"Yes my son mentioned Chief Joakim and said he was a good commander and that he had recommended that Santiago seek out an apprenticeship with his House in the Order of Hermes, I do believe my son prefer to be an, what did you call it, an Orphan though."
Lydia replied.

He grinned, "It's good practice work, and I find it a convenient way to give a little magic to the sleepers without much notice."

"It seams like a very good idea indeed Mr Wainwright."
The amazon replied approvingly.

He smiled, "No, that would be essentially it - I will send you Master Sharaya's contact information and inform him and my Security Chief of your likely contacting us to visit. Good day, Madame Dias. I hope I could provide you a small measure of closure, at least."

"I do thank you while the news where bad knowing is better than not knowing what happened to Damaris, I owe you one Mr Wainwright."
Lydia said then she added.
"Very well I will see you when all the preparations are in order, have a good day Mr Wainwright."
She added before handing up on the call.

[Going to the Library]

"She might complain that I'm not using my own head. Cult of Ecstasy values creativity and abhors stagnation. Don't know if she'd be a fan of me asking for tricks from the past rather than innovating for the future." Serge said with an unsure look on his face. "Although that's just me making excuses. I do wanna ask her. Don't know if now would be the best time though. Asking her for some power spells when she's here meeting her injured apprentice."

"I do assume you guys do not abandon everything you have done before."
Kyle said.
"So surely learning a spell from her should not be a problem. Now off course be polite let her get the visit done first, she want to see her wounded apprentice let her do that in peace and make sure she get a meal and a cup of coffee and such and then ask her, I see no problem with that."
The young mage advices.

"I'm fairly certain spider mages and Akashic ninja's can run up walls just fine without Time magick. Dodging bullets might need a bit more time trickery though." Serge said with a chuckle. "I'm more interested in the perfect timing part of it. Arrive to the scene at the most dramatic point! Perfect spell for any superhero!"

"I guess changing their bodies for super speed will work as well, or one could change gravity, there are always many ways to do the same thing."
Kyle said and nodded.
"The right timing when your opponent are unaware or just the right timing to take those cookies out of the oven to get them crispy on the outside and sot on the inside that would be great, being dramatic in a fight though would get you killed."
He added and he shook his head.

"How often do you guys talk?" Serge asked wanting to bring the conversation away from Kyle's life or death situation. "You and Danielle?"

"Lately just about every day."
Kyle said.
"Before I surrendered that is, I have not talked to her since, I should probably get a message to her so she don't worry about me, she lives pretty close to my parent's apartment."
The boy sad and he continued blushing.

Adley smiled back a little and then gave a thumbs up. He repeated 'I Adley', 'you Daniel' without saying anything and then pointed at Jerome. He gestured with two pointer fingers out and the rest of the hands curled like a fist and set together, pointing to one side - mentor. He said the word mentor and then handspelled the name as he spoke it: Jerome. That was about the limit of his conversational skills, for the time being - introduction, fingerspelling and some basic words but it was probably plenty for the young man anyway. He didn't want to overwhelm him. "Next time I come, I can bring you both a book if you would like, similar to the one I am using. I should be back in a few weeks. If I can get the same one I will do, it is pretty succinct. There is also a good website that shows videos of the signs, it's very helpful."

Daniel looked closely at what you where doing and he copied your signs and showed them back to you, spelling out his name and pointing to Jerome and signing Mentor, when you offered to bring him a book he nodded, then he continued to try the gestures a few times seaming to enjoy them though you also saw that the young Mercere where getting tired, due to the horrors he had experienced a MECHA and who knew what had been done to him he tired easily and interacting with someone other than his Mentor and Thomas was unfamiliar to him, still he seamed to be enjoying the signs as he went though them. Jerome looked at you and whispered.
"Thank you Sodalis, very few get though to him."

"I am glad we could find them and that one is with him, having a pet with him may help some I hope, a familiar friend as it were. Yes, people treat animals like objects which I do not believe is correct. They have a spirit and feel things, they are alive after all. I sometimes think about having a pet or familiar, and what sort it might be, but I am so busy it would not be fair. And familiars and animals require food and vet care and such and I am broke. But I generally enjoy their presence, like certain spirit friends of mine I find sometimes that being with them cheers me up."

"I love animals, they are good companions, I had a dog growing up, Starlight, she would come running with me, and sleep in my bed at night, we had her for a long time though she lived to be seventeen years old."
Jerome said and he smiled a little at the memory.
"I have considered getting another pet but I have decided against it, I travel to much with my duties it would not be fair and Daniel need allot of care an attention, then again a pet might be good for him."
Jerome said as he sat down and sipped his tea.
"For Wolfgang though animals is his life, it always have been, even before...what happened, so yes I think one of his birds there with him will have a good effect on him and provide comfort."

(OOC: No just write up what happens with the sleeve it works well so there is no need to run the scene.)

(OOC 2: Perhaps I am odd there for an adult but I look forward to my birthday each year and I always celebrate it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:16 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"I do assume you guys do not abandon everything you have done before."
Kyle said.
"So surely learning a spell from her should not be a problem. Now off course be polite let her get the visit done first, she want to see her wounded apprentice let her do that in peace and make sure she get a meal and a cup of coffee and such and then ask her, I see no problem with that."
The young mage advices.

"I'm bad with etiquette stuff. But I'll give it a try." Serge said with a nervous smile. "If I get sent to the drug dimension or something my cocaine stained ghost will be haunting you first though."

Anja wrote:"I guess changing their bodies for super speed will work as well, or one could change gravity, there are always many ways to do the same thing."
Kyle said and nodded.
"The right timing when your opponent are unaware or just the right timing to take those cookies out of the oven to get them crispy on the outside and sot on the inside that would be great, being dramatic in a fight though would get you killed."
He added and he shook his head.

"Ahh, but you'd arrive right at the perfect dramatic time. When all the bullets have been fired and everyone needs to reload. Or right in time to save an ally. " Serge said trying to sway Kyle to his side. "But fine. No Dynamic Entry. There's more stuff you can do with perfect time anyway. Teleport right at the perfect time so no one sees you leaving and no one is looking at your destination."

Anja wrote:"Lately just about every day."
Kyle said.
"Before I surrendered that is, I have not talked to her since, I should probably get a message to her so she don't worry about me, she lives pretty close to my parent's apartment."
The boy sad and he continued blushing.

"There's your first adventure! Kyle and his adventure contacting his undead friend!" Serge said with a smirk enjoying watching Kyle so flustered. "You should probably do that soon. Does she have a phone or something you can contact her with? I assume zombies can use the internet."

[Nicole's Apartment]

(OOC: I'm fine with hand-waving it. What did you have in mind for the tie-up scene? Nicole and Serge just talking about how the Skin performed and Serge giving the last few bits of info about it?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:32 pm

[Going to the Library]

"I'm bad with etiquette stuff. But I'll give it a try." Serge said with a nervous smile. "If I get sent to the drug dimension or something my cocaine stained ghost will be haunting you first though."

"Okey that is fair, I am sure you will pull it off, however if you are sent to the drug dimension you can haunt me Serge just don't haunt me while I am in the shower."
Kyle said sounding amused.

"Ahh, but you'd arrive right at the perfect dramatic time. When all the bullets have been fired and everyone needs to reload. Or right in time to save an ally. " Serge said trying to sway Kyle to his side.

"Unless you also use magick to affect chance there is very little chance that everyone in a fight need to reload at the same time, using the two together to arrive when you have a chance to get to cover before anyone have a chance to shoot you might be useful though. As or allies the best time to save an ally would be as soon as possible to lessen the chance they get hurt or badly traumatized by the experience."
Kyle said practically.

"But fine. No Dynamic Entry. There's more stuff you can do with perfect time anyway. Teleport right at the perfect time so no one sees you leaving and no one is looking at your destination."

"Now that is a really useful use of magick."
The young widderslainte said sounding approving of this suggestion.

"There's your first adventure! Kyle and his adventure contacting his undead friend!" Serge said with a smirk enjoying watching Kyle so flustered. "You should probably do that soon. Does she have a phone or something you can contact her with? I assume zombies can use the internet."

"Hum...well no she just lives under a bridge in a service shack there so no phone, I guess I can ask Master Morgan if I could go and talk with her and if he says no I can ask someone to take a note to her."
The young mage said and nodded.
"And I agree I should do so soon."
He muttered still blushing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:52 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'I know... wasn't saying we should simply go home or something.' Nicole replied, giving a little sigh. 'Just making sure we're going into this with open eyes.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... that came out wrong, it did. Is "hating them less" better?'

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Well, most people go through weeks or even months where nothing really changes...' Nicole replied, continuing to drive...

[Cut to when? Arriving in Providence? Before the game? After? Anja might wish to drop a "random event" on us too...]

[Personally, think if Anja did the wrap up the Nicole-Serge scene would be best. How well it performed, and who they met etc.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Daniel looked closely at what you where doing and he copied your signs and showed them back to you, spelling out his name and pointing to Jerome and signing Mentor, when you offered to bring him a book he nodded, then he continued to try the gestures a few times seaming to enjoy them though you also saw that the young Mercere where getting tired

"That's right. Jerome is your mentor." He signed 'ok' as Daniel nodded at the offer for the book and smiled. "Next time then," he said and left it at that, not wanting to tire him out.

Jerome looked at you and whispered. "Thank you Sodalis, very few get though to him."

He nodded to Jerome. "It is nothing to thank me for, but I am glad all the same."

"I love animals, they are good companions, I had a dog growing up, Starlight, she would come running with me, and sleep in my bed at night, we had her for a long time though she lived to be seventeen years old." Jerome said and he smiled a little at the memory.

"Starlight is a nice name."

"I have considered getting another pet but I have decided against it, I travel to much with my duties it would not be fair and Daniel need allot of care an attention, then again a pet might be good for him."

"True, perhaps later though."

"For Wolfgang though animals is his life, it always have been, even before...what happened, so yes I think one of his birds there with him will have a good effect on him and provide comfort."

"I hope so too. Well, let me give you my number, sodales. I don't want to keep you from your evening but perhaps next time my visit can be a bit longer and less impromptu."

'Well, most people go through weeks or even months where nothing really changes...' Nicole replied, continuing to drive...

"I think that's what people call peace and quiet," he said wryly.

// I think getting to the arena is good, unless anything else happens between

[A memory portrayed - Adley and Serge, Steelhaven a few days after Adley returns to Chicago]

After a few days of recovering from what had happened in Chicago, where he mostly spent time working or attending to his duties but not socializing much beyond that, he decided it was time to see Serge. He wasn't sure what time the young man was available, so he texted him first: 'I have something I would like to speak to you about. Please let me know when would be a good time to discuss it. Thank you, ~A'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 pm

[Junkyard]

'I know... wasn't saying we should simply go home or something.' Nicole replied, giving a little sigh. 'Just making sure we're going into this with open eyes.'

"I understand Miss and it is not a good siltation we are in I agree, however these creatures think they can act with impunity, harm these men and women as they please with no consequences, we have to show them that n this they are wrong."
Hildegard said darkly.
"But yes i understand that this will be a dangerous situation and that there will be a payment for what we do here somewhere down the road."
Te Chorister added with a frown.

'Hmm... that came out wrong, it did. Is "hating them less" better?'

"So where do hating them less put them on your scale of friendliness, letting them go or shooting them in the head before you stake them and burn them so they won't suffer as much?"
Fran asked wryly.

[quote]"That's right. Jerome is your mentor." He signed 'ok' as Daniel nodded at the offer for the book and smiled. "Next time then," he said and left it at that, not wanting to tire him out.

Daniel sat down at the table still looking at you though and still trying out the hand gestures but he looked a bit tired now and he clearly needed a rest when the visit was done he nodded to you and offered another faint smile.

[quote]He nodded to Jerome. "It is nothing to thank me for, but I am glad all the same."

"I still appreciate it Sodalis, the boy do not easily trust it is good to see him communicate with someone."
Jerome said as he looked at his apprentice for a moment.
"You can drink your tea now Daniel, be careful it is still hot."
He said and the boy slowly nodded before picking up his up and sipping from it.

"Starlight is a nice name."

"Thank you, I thought so as well, and she was a very good dog."
The Mercere said with a fond smile.
"There is a picture of her over there standing next to my parents."
He said and pointed at the photo of the couple with the large dog sitting at their feet.

"True, perhaps later though."

"That would be nice, and yes perhaps I will have a chance to have a pet at some other time."
Jerome agreed before sipping his tea.

"I hope so too. Well, let me give you my number, sodales. I don't want to keep you from your evening but perhaps next time my visit can be a bit longer and less impromptu."

"Oh you are not keeping me from much right now, I was just tidying a bit in my apartment, but yes let us have a chat when you return that would be nice."
The Mercere said as he pulled out a phone, a heavy duty one who could withstand falls and accidents while the Red Cap where traveling.
"Let me give you my number as well."
He said and proceeded to give you his phone number.

(OOC: I can do that however unless you want it to take some time to get that write up up, since basically wiring a mini fanfiction of Nicole and Serge going to another Chantry, meeting people, talking with them and so on will be quite a bit of work I would then have to drop other IC posts for the day I am working on that. This game is allot of work and while fun there is a limit to my time so putting in a few hours for such a write up would mean there would be very little else I would be able to do on the game that day so then all the other players would have to be okey with me not being active for a day. The other option are a completely mechanical they med X all well tey did not notice Nicole's arm thing but then that would be rather quickly and shabbily made if you want a good write up to end the scene either A it would have to take quite some time so I can work at it a little at the time or my posting frequency while posting would suffer for it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 pm

"I still appreciate it Sodalis, the boy do not easily trust it is good to see him communicate with someone."Jerome said as he looked at his apprentice for a moment.

"I have not progressed too far, just basic things but it is good to be able to communicate with those that are not fond of speaking aloud."

"Thank you, I thought so as well, and she was a very good dog." The Mercere said with a fond smile. "There is a picture of her over there standing next to my parents." He said and pointed at the photo of the couple with the large dog sitting at their feet.

He moved a bit closer to the picture, having got permission to look. "They seem lovely."

"Oh you are not keeping me from much right now, I was just tidying a bit in my apartment, but yes let us have a chat when you return that would be nice."
The Mercere said as he pulled out a phone, a heavy duty one who could withstand falls and accidents while the Red Cap where traveling.
"Let me give you my number as well."
He said and proceeded to give you his phone number.

"I'm glad I wasn't interrupting, then. Your place seems quite tidy," he said and then took his phone out of his pocket to trade, so they could punch in their numbers on the other's phone. "You'll have to forgive me, someone is waiting and also it has been...a rather long day and there is one more thing to do. Still, I wanted to drop by a moment."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:42 pm

"I have not progressed too far, just basic things but it is good to be able to communicate with those that are not fond of speaking aloud."

"I would love to see him opening up more to others perhaps this can be a ticket to that, but yes Daniel tire easily so one have to go slow anyway."
Jerome he said and he smiled a little to his young apprentice.
"But with time perhaps he can learn more."

He moved a bit closer to the picture, having got permission to look. "They seem lovely."

"They are, I have been very lucky my parents are good people, which is why...unfortunately I do not see them as often as I should, there is so much I can not share with them for their own safety, I am not going to drag them into this war of ours, and there are things they could never understand I fear but that is the same for most magi I suspect."
The Mercere said sadly.
"I might not practice magick anymore but I am still Awakened, making it hard at time to relate to those that are not, the price paid for what we are I guess."
He asked then he looked at you.
"Do you keep in contact with your sleeper family Mr Roth Hicks? If you don't mind me asking that is."

"I'm glad I wasn't interrupting, then. Your place seems quite tidy," he said and then took his phone out of his pocket to trade, so they could punch in their numbers on the other's phone. "You'll have to forgive me, someone is waiting and also it has been...a rather long day and there is one more thing to do. Still, I wanted to drop by a moment."

"It is and I like to keep it like that."
Jerome said as he traded his number with you.
"Off course I completely understand, and thank you for visiting I appropriate it and thank you for being kind to Daniel."
He said as he rose to walk you to the door of his small apartment.
"I hope you have a good evening Sodalis."
He said. Daniel did not say anything as you prepared to leave, but he flashed the gestures you had taught him again before he returned to focus on his tea as if it was the most involved task in the world.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 pm

"I would love to see him opening up more to others perhaps this can be a ticket to that, but yes Daniel tire easily so one have to go slow anyway." Jerome he said and he smiled a little to his young apprentice. "But with time perhaps he can learn more."

He nodded.

"They are, I have been very lucky my parents are good people, which is why...unfortunately I do not see them as often as I should, there is so much I can not share with them for their own safety, I am not going to drag them into this war of ours, and there are things they could never understand I fear but that is the same for most magi I suspect." The Mercere said sadly. "I might not practice magick anymore but I am still Awakened, making it hard at time to relate to those that are not, the price paid for what we are I guess." He asked then he looked at you. "Do you keep in contact with your sleeper family Mr Roth Hicks? If you don't mind me asking that is."

"Much like you, I do not see them much for the same reasons, though I have not felt very close to them for some while. I already could not tell them things even before I became an apprentice, which was not until college. I sort of grew apart as I grew up, though I am not sure they really know that. They probably just think I am very busy, which I am, to be fair. You can call me Adley, if you wish."

"It is and I like to keep it like that."
Jerome said as he traded his number with you.
"Off course I completely understand, and thank you for visiting I appropriate it and thank you for being kind to Daniel."

"It is no hardship, I assure you."

"I hope you have a good evening Sodalis."
He said. Daniel did not say anything as you prepared to leave, but he flashed the gestures you had taught him again before he returned to focus on his tea as if it was the most involved task in the world.

He waved goodbye to Daniel and then said to Jerome, "You do the same." After he left, he went to go take care of the grounds map he'd made, following his memory to the room with the hearth they'd used before when they were at the chantry.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next