Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 15 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:58 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Agreed.' Nicole replied, grinding out her cigarette. 'Been thinking; perhaps we can get someone to do a dummy run? Everyone takes up position, and then we see if they can spot any of us as they walk in. This party won't go right if they spot someone's foot poking from behind the couch.'

Colin's Post:

'What do you think this is, a sample?' tapping the large bottle of motor oil on the floor with her boot.

[Nicole and Cava]

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

Nicole jumped slightly on hearing the door knock, took a deep breath, then went to the door to open it. Serge will see that in her free hand the Etherite was clutching a pair of long, needle-nose pliers.

'Oh, hello Serge. What's up? And who is your friend?' she said, moving back a couple of steps on "seeing" Cava, so she didn't loom over the kid so much.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

A little shrug to this, continued walking. After perhaps three, four minutes of silence, Nicole broke it. 'Okay. What's the story if we run into someone who knows you? Perhaps should have talked about this before getting here.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 15 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:09 am

[A Memory Portrayed]

Adley wrote:He was sitting at the table stark still with one hand clamped down on the tablet and the other flat on the table, as if he were telling himself not to make any moves one way or another. He didn't say anything back for a moment and then when he gathered back his composure. Then he said, "I didn't know you would be able to speak into my mind like that, I wasn't ready for it. I just thought you were going to see what I was seeing." He frowned, looking warily at him.

"All disciples of mind can do that." Serge informed him. "Once again sorry. I didn't plan on doing that at all. I got a little excited after seeing that scene. I can see why you want that drawn." he said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head as realized how bad he may have messed up.

Adley wrote:"Yes, I do still want the picture done, please. And no, I will leave it in your hands, just make sure that my friend you saw and what we were doing is the main subject, that the magick is part of the portrait as well." He still seemed unsettled but was trying not to show it.

Serge nodded, smiling a little to both try and calm his unease and Adley's. "I have the perfect idea for it. I can't really give you an estimate on when it will be completed, but I'll try my best to ensure that it doesn't take too much time."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:Kyle rose when he heard the knock on the door and at first he seamed to buy the illusion for he started to greet his Mentor but then he looked a little closer and grinned.
"That is really good, exactly how I would expect to see Master Morgan, but the illusion don't have the right body temperature something is off there."
Kyle said.
"Though if I had not been expecting an illusion I probably would not have noticed it, for now I was looking for anything amiss, if I had not known you where trying something I would not have though to look for that."
The young mage declared.
"For he looks exactly as he should, and I can see him and hear him."

Serge said nothing and wrote something quickly on the sheet of paper. Behind him, Kyle would hear the voice of Master Morgan coming from the illusion.

"An illusion? What are you talking about young Kyle?" I can assure you that, while elderly, my flesh is still very much solid.

However it was too little too late. Kyle's disbelief had done it's damage and the young widderslainte would slowly begin to see the illusion fade away as he continued to deny it's existence.

Serge gave up and smiled, "Look at what your disbelief did to poor Master Morgan." and then sighing said, "Well at least I managed to get you to see something that wasn't there with your wizard thermal vision. Even if it was wrong. I kinda came up with that one on the spot. It was either that or causing your stove to explode."

Anja wrote:"Because it is sort of racist, just lump all Asian Marial Artists into one, that is the same as if someone said, Hermetics, Verbena, Etherites, nah same shit they all come from Europe so need to see any difference between them they are all Hermetics. Members of the before mentioned Traditions would not be to happy about that."
The young mage explained.

"I don't think it's racism. I never meant any harm by it." Serge said with a shrug. "But yeah fine. I know what you mean. Completely overlooking someone's culture to look at just the cool stuff is still kind of a dickish move."

Anja wrote:"Hum well several languages, more about computers perhaps, driving a ca definitively, perhaps how to cook."
Kyle said and grinned.
"But really there is so much to learn."

"I'm one driving test away from getting my license." Serge revealed. "A mixture of laziness and just not needing it has stopped me from getting it. I've gotten all the lessons. Just need to do the test."

(OOC: That's perfectly understandable. I'm just glad Serge even managed to trick Kyle's Force 1 sense as much as he did, especially since he was full on expecting it.)

(OOC2: Cute forcing through things sounds like something Jane, Cava, or Princess Katie would do Razz )

[Cava meets Nicole]

Anja wrote:"Nicole is a pretty name."
Cava said happily as she bounced beside you.
"I am sure she is very nice Sir."
She agreed as she waited for Nicole to open the door.
Nicole wrote:
'Oh, hello Serge. What's up? And who is your friend?' she said, moving back a couple of steps on "seeing" Cava, so she didn't loom over the kid so much.

"Hey Nicole!" Serge said cheerily. "This here is Cava, the Unicorn princess! Well I guess she's more of a unicorn engineer now." he added with a chuckle gesturing to the small child standing next to him.

"And Cava." he continued, this time addressing the young girl. "This is Nicole Bouchard. Member of the Society of Ether and all around Serge-certified cool person."

He made sure to keep a careful eye on Cava, to gauge her reaction and opinion of Nicole as she spoke to her.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:56 am

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

A little shrug to this, continued walking. After perhaps three, four minutes of silence, Nicole broke it. 'Okay. What's the story if we run into someone who knows you? Perhaps should have talked about this before getting here.'

"You seemed worried about what would happen if someone ran into you that you knew, so we discussed that. The story is...well, I suppose we're colleagues of a sort but if I said that, it would bring up talk about the college. I suppose I could say I met you at your shop, if I had to explain."

[A Memory Portrayed, Adley and Serge]

"All disciples of mind can do that." Serge informed him. "Once again sorry. I didn't plan on doing that at all. I got a little excited after seeing that scene. I can see why you want that drawn." he said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head as realized how bad he may have messed up.

He stared at him a long moment and then said, "All disciples of Forces can set you on fire, by that logic." He shifted to sit back in his seat, still on edge. "That doesn't mean you expect it to happen if they tell you they're going to make it light out," he retorted tartly. "I'd suggest you telling the next person that might happen if they tell you something like what I did, just in case. I'm not the best person to surprise. I don't like to be touched. And that...was like that but so much worse. I've gotten used to some people, I know them, I trust them. Or if I reach out, it's alright. I'm ready, I understand what is going to happen. But I don't know much about mind ars, other than the bad things they can be used to accomplish, nor how yours work, and I didn't understand that could happen from what you said was going to happen, or what you cast."

Serge nodded, smiling a little to both try and calm his unease and Adley's. "I have the perfect idea for it. I can't really give you an estimate on when it will be completed, but I'll try my best to ensure that it doesn't take too much time."

"I am not in a rush. Take the time that you need," he said. He cleared up the writing board and put it back in his bag. "Let me know if you need any materials or such. I can probably pick them up on the way back from school." I should...go."

[Adley and Narim, after Chicago; Steelhaven, late morning]

Adley sat on the end of his new sofa, staring at his phone. Three times, he'd punched something into it and three times he'd erased it and started over again. With a frown, he got up, paced the entire room a few times and stopped at the window. He looked out and then at his reflection, sighed and said aloud in a stern tone, "This is stupid. You have fought actual monsters in the fullest literal sense of the word. This is /not/ difficult." He put the phone back into his pocket and abruptly turned and walked straight out of his room, shutting the door behind him and headed down the hall. He stood in front of the door a moment and then knocked on it. Maybe he wouldn't be in his apartment. Maybe he was in his office. Maybe he should have texted after all, or called instead. Maybe he was still being stupid.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:35 am

[Junkyard]

'Agreed.' Nicole replied, grinding out her cigarette. 'Been thinking; perhaps we can get someone to do a dummy run? Everyone takes up position, and then we see if they can spot any of us as they walk in. This party won't go right if they spot someone's foot poking from behind the couch.'

"I can do that."
Bianca said.
"If you all get into position then I will go to the entrance."
He hedge wizard said and Hildegard nodded.
"That sounds like a good plan."
The Chorister said before she got to the place marked on Jon's map.

What do you think this is, a sample?' tapping the large bottle of motor oil on the floor with her boot.

Fran grinned at that.

[Nicole and Cava]

Nicole jumped slightly on hearing the door knock, took a deep breath, then went to the door to open it. Serge will see that in her free hand the Etherite was clutching a pair of long, needle-nose pliers.

Cava looked up at you, she was a small girl with dark blond, short hair, blue eyes and she was just a tad chubby. Cava was wearing pink pants and a unicorn sweater and a backpack.
"Hi I am Cava I don't have a last name."
The girl said she did not seam afraid of Nicole.
"How do you do Miss."
She added politely with a curtsy.
"Can we borrow a screwdriver, one that fit the screws with stars on them, not a big one but a little one?"
She asked again and she glanced up at you again.

"Hey Nicole!" Serge said cheerily. "This here is Cava, the Unicorn princess! Well I guess she's more of a unicorn engineer now." he added with a chuckle gesturing to the small child standing next to him.

"And Cava." he continued, this time addressing the young girl. "This is Nicole Bouchard. Member of the Society of Ether and all around Serge-certified cool person."

He made sure to keep a careful eye on Cava, to gauge her reaction and opinion of Nicole as she spoke to her.

Cava giggled when you called her the unicorn princess and she looked up at Nicole seamed curious but not scared.
"I have heard about the Sons of Ether they make machines that do cool stuff."
She said.
"Miss Markov said she had worked with Etherites from time to time, she is a Verditius she makes stuff in her lab."
The girl continued. Nicole will actually know of House Verditius from basic history classes at the academy, the same text that eventually lead to the formation of the Etherites within the Order of Reason also inspired the formation of House Verditius but they went the mythic path with it.

[Going to the Library]

Serge said nothing and wrote something quickly on the sheet of paper. Behind him, Kyle would hear the voice of Master Morgan coming from the illusion.

"An illusion? What are you talking about young Kyle?" I can assure you that, while elderly, my flesh is still very much solid.

However it was too little too late. Kyle's disbelief had done it's damage and the young widderslainte would slowly begin to see the illusion fade away as he continued to deny it's existence.

Serge gave up and smiled, "Look at what your disbelief did to poor Master Morgan." and then sighing said, "Well at least I managed to get you to see something that wasn't there with your wizard thermal vision. Even if it was wrong. I kinda came up with that one on the spot. It was either that or causing your stove to explode."

Kyle grinned and he returned to the table.
"Yeah but it was a great illusion it really looked so real and the only reason why I noticed it was because I was looking for something to be off, if I had met that illusion in the hallway I would so have believed it was actually Master Morgan."
The boy said.
"You are really good at this Serge can you make anything seam real?"

"I don't think it's racism. I never meant any harm by it." Serge said with a shrug. "But yeah fine. I know what you mean. Completely overlooking someone's culture to look at just the cool stuff is still kind of a dickish move."

"I think we need more than one word for it for no you mean no harm, one word for when someone decide to be an asshole to others and one for when what one just do which can be insensitive, I just know when I have talked with Asian and black and other kids in various schools one thing that have annoyed them is when while people just draw all cultures from different parts of the world than our own into a sort of gray mesh. And also Japanese folks do not like to be called Chinese and vice versa, it would be like saying Russian to an American and vice versa."
Kyle said and nodded.

"I'm one driving test away from getting my license." Serge revealed. "A mixture of laziness and just not needing it has stopped me from getting it. I've gotten all the lessons. Just need to do the test."

"Well you should get that test the, it is useful to be able to drive, even if you don't own a car you can borrow one or rest one when you need one."
Kyle said.
"I was going to start training at my last high school but then we moved."

Adley sat on the end of his new sofa, staring at his phone. Three times, he'd punched something into it and three times he'd erased it and started over again. With a frown, he got up, paced the entire room a few times and stopped at the window. He looked out and then at his reflection, sighed and said aloud in a stern tone, "This is stupid. You have fought actual monsters in the fullest literal sense of the word. This is /not/ difficult." He put the phone back into his pocket and abruptly turned and walked straight out of his room, shutting the door behind him and headed down the hall. He stood in front of the door a moment and then knocked on it. Maybe he wouldn't be in his apartment. Maybe he was in his office. Maybe he should have texted after all, or called instead. Maybe he was still being stupid.

Narim open the door after a few moments, he was wearing his typical pressed pats and colorful tunic, turqoise and ligt brown, he had a cup of tea which smelled of spices in his hand and when he saw you his face lit up.
"Ah Adley good morning, would you like to come in."
He gave you a warm smile tough he also looked a ltitle bit nervous.
"Ehm...I have more tea if you want."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, I went to bed early yesterday and got up late, perhaps I needed some sleep.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:55 pm

[A Memory Portrayed]

Adley wrote:He stared at him a long moment and then said, "All disciples of Forces can set you on fire, by that logic." He shifted to sit back in his seat, still on edge. "That doesn't mean you expect it to happen if they tell you they're going to make it light out," he retorted tartly. "I'd suggest you telling the next person that might happen if they tell you something like what I did, just in case. I'm not the best person to surprise. I don't like to be touched. And that...was like that but so much worse. I've gotten used to some people, I know them, I trust them. Or if I reach out, it's alright. I'm ready, I understand what is going to happen. But I don't know much about mind ars, other than the bad things they can be used to accomplish, nor how yours work, and I didn't understand that could happen from what you said was going to happen, or what you cast."

Serge nodded sadly at that and said, "Right. I messed up. I trust people a lot more easily than I should. And I sometimes forget that not everyone is like that. I should have thought about it more from your point of view. I'll try and understand for the future."

Adley wrote:"I am not in a rush. Take the time that you need," he said. He cleared up the writing board and put it back in his bag. "Let me know if you need any materials or such. I can probably pick them up on the way back from school." I should...go."

"I have most of the material I need. But I'll let you know if I need anything else." he said with a nod as he watched Adley leave.

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja wrote:Cava looked up at you, she was a small girl with dark blond, short hair, blue eyes and she was just a tad chubby. Cava was wearing pink pants and a unicorn sweater and a backpack.
"Hi I am Cava I don't have a last name."
The girl said she did not seam afraid of Nicole.
"How do you do Miss."
She added politely with a curtsy.
"Can we borrow a screwdriver, one that fit the screws with stars on them, not a big one but a little one?"
She asked again and she glanced up at you again.

"I think she might need a bit more detail then that. There's a lot of small screwdrivers with stars out there." he said glad to see that Cava wasn't afraid. "Why don't you show her the broken speakers?"

Anja wrote:Cava giggled when you called her the unicorn princess and she looked up at Nicole seamed curious but not scared.
"I have heard about the Sons of Ether they make machines that do cool stuff."
She said.
"Miss Markov said she had worked with Etherites from time to time, she is a Verditius she makes stuff in her lab."
The girl continued. Nicole will actually know of House Verditius from basic history classes at the academy, the same text that eventually lead to the formation of the Etherites within the Order of Reason also inspired the formation of House Verditius but they went the mythic path with it.

" The Etherites do make the coolest stuff." Serge said with a nod. "But for some reason Nicole refuses to create the chocolate transmutation gun I keep asking her to make. A gun that turns things into chocolate."

Over the course of knowing her, Serge had suggested that Nicole build a number of things each one more ridiculous then the last. Mostly as jokes although there was always a hint of hope in his eyes that Nicole would do it one day.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:Kyle grinned and he returned to the table.
"Yeah but it was a great illusion it really looked so real and the only reason why I noticed it was because I was looking for something to be off, if I had met that illusion in the hallway I would so have believed it was actually Master Morgan."
The boy said.
"You are really good at this Serge can you make anything seam real?"

"Anything I can imagine I can make seem real....so yes anything really." Serge said with a nod. "That's why some things we're off. I have no idea what you see when you use your sennsory magick. So I can't imagine that. So that part of the illusion was created using your knowledge instead of mine.

Anja wrote:"I think we need more than one word for it for no you mean no harm, one word for when someone decide to be an asshole to others and one for when what one just do which can be insensitive, I just know when I have talked with Asian and black and other kids in various schools one thing that have annoyed them is when while people just draw all cultures from different parts of the world than our own into a sort of gray mesh. And also Japanese folks do not like to be called Chinese and vice versa, it would be like saying Russian to an American and vice versa."
Kyle said and nodded.

"There's probably a word like that out there. Or it might not need a word at all." Serge said with shrug. " But sometimes you don't need to be historically accurate about everything. When I say ninjas I clearly mean the ones in bright orange jump suits rather than their original meaning. When I say Akashics are like them I just mean it as a joke like how everyone thinks Ecstatics are all drug-addicted hedonists. Historically it's a lot more complicated but on the surface that's what it looks like and I can certainly laugh at that observation."

Anja wrote:"Well you should get that test then, it is useful to be able to drive, even if you don't own a car you can borrow one or rest one when you need one."
Kyle said.
"I was going to start training at my last high school but then we moved."

"Planning on it. Just need to refresh up on all of those damn rules."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:02 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Here.' passing Bianca her binoculars. 'Look well, yeah?' With that, Nicole went off to climb the car-pile...

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'And we decided to go together on a daytrip to Providence because...?'

[Nicole and Cava]

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

'I don't see why you can't borrow one.' Nicole replied, clearly talking to Cava, not Serge. 'Why don't you come in while I see if I can find one that fits?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:24 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

"I think she might need a bit more detail then that. There's a lot of small screwdrivers with stars out there." he said glad to see that Cava wasn't afraid. "Why don't you show her the broken speakers?"

Cava nodded at that.
"Serge have a broke speaker in his room, it make strange sound, I think perhaps some of the connectors inside ofit are loose, or a wire have come loose so I want to open it up and see what is wrong."
The little girl said and she smiled up at Nicole.

" The Etherites do make the coolest stuff." Serge said with a nod. "But for some reason Nicole refuses to create the chocolate transmutation gun I keep asking her to make. A gun that turns things into chocolate."

"Yeah that would be good we could turn the weapons of the Technocrats into chocolate and eat them and then the Technocrats would run away."
Cava said happily showing that a little girl where completely on board with your logic.

'I don't see why you can't borrow one.' Nicole replied, clearly talking to Cava, not Serge. 'Why don't you come in while I see if I can find one that fits?'

"Thank you Miss."
Cava said and smiled and she came into your apartment when indicated.
"You have allot of drawings on your skin, they are cool."
She commented as she looked at you.
"Did they hurt?"

[Going to the Library]

"Anything I can imagine I can make seem real....so yes anything really." Serge said with a nod. "That's why some things we're off. I have no idea what you see when you use your sennsory magick. So I can't imagine that. So that part of the illusion was created using your knowledge instead of mine.

"I might be able to transfer me seeing heat to you as long as I focus on the effect so you can see it as well."
Kyle offered.
"And that is really neat, you can make computer game characters real and jumping around in front of you."
He said and grinned.

"There's probably a word like that out there. Or it might not need a word at all." Serge said with shrug. " But sometimes you don't need to be historically accurate about everything. When I say ninjas I clearly mean the ones in bright orange jump suits rather than their original meaning. When I say Akashics are like them I just mean it as a joke like how everyone thinks Ecstatics are all drug-addicted hedonists. Historically it's a lot more complicated but on the surface that's what it looks like and I can certainly laugh at that observation."

"Yeah but the thing is we tend to be inaccurate in such a way about cultures no our own, we are not talking about things like not having the completely right date for where the middle ages started and ended and saying middle ages when something there the Renaissance, or having Arthurian ladies wearing conical hats and contemporary hairstyles, however we tend to know the difference between Christian nuns and ancient Roman Vestal Virgins we don't just say oh clearly it is fine to call all religious practitioners Vestal Virgins for clearly you just mean to be non accurate, to anyone in the West that would be ridiculous but because with other cultures we are not as used to their practices and belies it is easier to just lump it together."
Kyle said.
"That is something else than believing the stereotype about a Traditions. The thing is that for example China and Japan have been in war several time and historically are uneasy with one another, to say well clearly I mean to be funny and historically inaccurate to say a practitioner of a Chinese Martial Art is a member of a Japanese well, subculture really is just wrong."

"Planning on it. Just need to refresh up on all of those damn rules."

"Yeah there is allot of rules."
Kyle agreed and frowned.

[Junkyard]

'Here.' passing Bianca her binoculars. 'Look well, yeah?' With that, Nicole went off to climb the car-pile...

"I will."
The hedge wizard agree as she took the frames and put them on and then went to the entrace to the junkyard the vampires where expected to come from.
"Let me know when you guys are ready."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:48 pm

[Cava meets Nicole]

Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be good we could turn the weapons of the Technocrats into chocolate and eat them and then the Technocrats would run away."
Cava said happily showing that a little girl where completely on board with your logic.

"Finally, someone agrees with me!" Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Thank you Miss."
Cava said and smiled and she came into your apartment when indicated.
"You have allot of drawings on your skin, they are cool."
She commented as she looked at you.
"Did they hurt?"

Serge walked in behind Cava but didn't say anything, wanting Nicole to take the reins and talk and get to know the young girl.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"I might be able to transfer me seeing heat to you as long as I focus on the effect so you can see it as well."
Kyle offered.
"And that is really neat, you can make computer game characters real and jumping around in front of you."
He said and grinned.

"Sharing perceptions. A Cult of Ecstasy classic." Serge said with a smile. "And yeah it's neat. But I've been doing stuff like that my whole life. Bringing my imagination into real life. Exploring worlds, defeating monsters, and talking with heroes. Granted normally I'd be the only one who could see these events. Magick helps with getting other people to see them as well."

Anja wrote:"Yeah but the thing is we tend to be inaccurate in such a way about cultures no our own, we are not talking about things like not having the completely right date for where the middle ages started and ended and saying middle ages when something there the Renaissance, or having Arthurian ladies wearing conical hats and contemporary hairstyles, however we tend to know the difference between Christian nuns and ancient Roman Vestal Virgins we don't just say oh clearly it is fine to call all religious practitioners Vestal Virgins for clearly you just mean to be non accurate, to anyone in the West that would be ridiculous but because with other cultures we are not as used to their practices and belies it is easier to just lump it together."
Kyle said.
"That is something else than believing the stereotype about a Traditions. The thing is that for example China and Japan have been in war several time and historically are uneasy with one another, to say well clearly I mean to be funny and historically inaccurate to say a practitioner of a Chinese Martial Art is a member of a Japanese well, subculture really is just wrong."

" Why exactly is it wrong?" Serge asked curiously. "Don't you think the Akashics or, hell, just Chinese martial artists in general are smart enough to tell the difference between light-hearted banter meant to be enjoyed and an attack against there culture?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:06 pm

[Cava meets Nicole]

"Finally, someone agrees with me!" Serge said with a smile.

Cava grinned at that.
"Yeah I like the idea of a chocolate gun Sir."
She said happily.

[Going to the Library]

"Sharing perceptions. A Cult of Ecstasy classic." Serge said with a smile. "And yeah it's neat. But I've been doing stuff like that my whole life. Bringing my imagination into real life. Exploring worlds, defeating monsters, and talking with heroes. Granted normally I'd be the only one who could see these events. Magick helps with getting other people to see them as well."

"Yeah I have only done it a few times but I think I can pull it of if you want."
Kyle said.
"But I am not sure there is anything especial with how I see heat through magick."
The young mage commented then he smiled.
"Your magick must be tempting, if I had it I would be tempted to make an illusion for myself of the things I want."
He added softly.

" Why exactly is it wrong?" Serge asked curiously. "Don't you think the Akashics or, hell, just Chinese martial artists in general are smart enough to tell the difference between light-hearted banter and an attack against there culture?"

"Because it is the same as saying, aw John and Jerry who cares all black people look the same to me. Do you think European spiritual Traditions would like to be so mixed up for if so then I suggest that you try to say ehm Wiccan, Satanists and Strega, it is all the same so let me just call them all Wiccan, chances are sooner or later you would get cursed or you would just get punched in the face, why do you think Asian spiritual groups would think it is any more fun? The think is these things means allot to these people it is not a joke."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:36 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Post:

'Yes... it could be that.' the large woman replied, after "thinking" about it for a moment. 'But won't know until you look, eh?' returning the smile.

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Already said that is impossible.' Nicole replied, giving a good-natured roll of the eyes. 'Can't just turn metal into chocolate like magic. But that means we will never face one of them using a chocolate-maker on us.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes, they did hurt.' Nicole replied, after a small pause. 'But some more than others. Normally, it only hurts for a bit, like when you get into a bath and the water feels too hot for a bit.'

Serge's Post:

Serge will see that Nicole had gone to some effort; there was more floor-space, the obviously-rubbish removed, the more dangerous items [such as weapons and tools] now out of the way. The scent of a cooking pie, cake or something in the air, a pair of partly disassembled toasters sitting on her workbench.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:52 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah I have only done it a few times but I think I can pull it of if you want."
Kyle said.
"But I am not sure there is anything especial with how I see heat through magick."
The young mage commented then he smiled.

"Sure thing. I wanna wanna have wizard vision." Serge said with a smile. "So how do you share perceptions? In the Cult we usually rely on connections through touch."

Anja wrote:
"Your magick must be tempting, if I had it I would be tempted to make an illusion for myself of the things I want."
He added softly.

"Do stuff like that too much and you'll lose your grip on reality. Everything will start to seem like a disappointment and you'll want to stay alone in your room with your illusions." Serge said with a unique tone of experience in his voice. "Trust me. I've been at that border many times. Still have yet to cross the line though."

Anja wrote:"Because it is the same as saying, aw John and Jerry who cares all black people look the same to me. Do you think European spiritual Traditions would like to be so mixed up for if so then I suggest that you try to say ehm Wiccan, Satanists and Strega, it is all the same so let me just call them all Wiccan, chances are sooner or later you would get cursed or you would just get punched in the face, why do you think Asian spiritual groups would think it is any more fun? The think is these things means allot to these people it is not a joke."

"You make it sound like I'm going to go around and call every single Verbana I meet a satanist because they both use blood and sacrifices in there magick." Serge said with a chuckle. "Fine fine. I get what you mean. I'll try and stop calling Akashic cool badass ninjas." he said having no intention of doing that in the slightest.

[Cava Meets Nicole]

Nicole wrote:'Already said that is impossible.' Nicole replied, giving a good-natured roll of the eyes. 'Can't just turn metal into chocolate like magic. But that means we will never face one of them using a chocolate-maker on us.'

"We live in a building full of wizards. I'm certain someone can do that. Can't you like...I dunno, rearrange the chemical composition of something so that it becomes chocolate." Serge said chuckling, clearly not expecting to convince Nicole in the slightest.

Nicole wrote:Serge will see that Nicole had gone to some effort; there was more floor-space, the obviously-rubbish removed, the more dangerous items [such as weapons and tools] now out of the way. The scent of a cooking pie, cake or something in the air, a pair of partly disassembled toasters sitting on her workbench.

"Pie or cake, pie or cake...." Serge muttered mostly to himself clearly trying to figure out what he was smelling.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:47 pm

"Ah Adley good morning, would you like to come in."He gave you a warm smile tough he also looked a ltitle bit nervous. "Ehm...I have more tea if you want."

"Good morning. Yes, thanks. Tea sounds nice," he said and walked in, taking a quick look around again. "Sorry I haven't been by as much as I would've liked, I had some things to take care of and I sort of needed some time to decompress it all," he apologized. "The tea smells nice, what kind is it?"

[A Memory Portrayed]

Serge nodded sadly at that and said, "Right. I messed up. I trust people a lot more easily than I should. And I sometimes forget that not everyone is like that. I should have thought about it more from your point of view. I'll try and understand for the future."

'Please be careful with my brother and Bee. They've been through a lot and while you seem to mean well, mind ars are very powerful and what lies in a person's inner world, spiritual and mental, can be equally so. I would not be happy to find that anything happened to them when it could have been avoided."

"I have most of the material I need. But I'll let you know if I need anything else." he said with a nod as he watched Adley leave.

"Very good, enjoy your day Mr Yager." He put the bag strap over his shoulder and headed out the door, leaving him to his work.

'And we decided to go together on a daytrip to Providence because...?'

"There was a hockey game on the television at the shop while I was waiting to pick up my car. We made a bet on the next match."

// I love sleeping in lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:59 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

'Yes... it could be that.' the large woman replied, after "thinking" about it for a moment. 'But won't know until you look, eh?' returning the smile.

"Yes I have to open it up and see inside of it to find out why it makes funny sounds."
The young mage agreed.
"It could be the speaker element itself that are broken and I don't know how to fix that."

'Already said that is impossible.' Nicole replied, giving a good-natured roll of the eyes. 'Can't just turn metal into chocolate like magic. But that means we will never face one of them using a chocolate-maker on us.'

"We live in a building full of wizards. I'm certain someone can do that. Can't you like...I dunno, rearrange the chemical composition of something so that it becomes chocolate." Serge said chuckling, clearly not expecting to convince Nicole in the slightest.

"I know someone in my old Chantry who can turn themselves into a plant."
Cava protested.
"Is that really more hard than turning stuff to chocolate"
She asked and she scratched her head.

'Yes, they did hurt.' Nicole replied, after a small pause. 'But some more than others. Normally, it only hurts for a bit, like when you get into a bath and the water feels too hot for a bit.'

"They look really pretty Miss Nicole, I know there is a Hermetic House named Criamon they have drawings all over them as well, perhaps I will get such a drawing when i grow up."
The girl said and she smiled happily.

Serge will see that Nicole had gone to some effort; there was more floor-space, the obviously-rubbish removed, the more dangerous items [such as weapons and tools] now out of the way. The scent of a cooking pie, cake or something in the air, a pair of partly disassembled toasters sitting on her workbench.

"You have a nice apartment."
The little girl said as she looked around.

[Going to the Library]

"Sure thing. I wanna wanna have wizard vision." Serge said with a smile. "So how do you share perceptions? In the Cult we usually rely on connections through touch."

"Yeah touch should work, I don't like having my hands touched, but I can cast the spell and you can touch my arm and I can try to share my magickal senses."
Kyle suggested.

"Do stuff like that too much and you'll lose your grip on reality. Everything will start to seem like a disappointment and you'll want to stay alone in your room with your illusions." Serge said with a unique tone of experience in his voice. "Trust me. I've been at that border many times. Still have yet to cross the line though."

"Yea that is what I mean, I think there might be a danger to get addicted to illusions like that, if you can have everyone you ever wanted whenever you want it that can probably get really alluring."
The young mage said and frowned.
"It is still a really neat gift though.

"You make it sound like I'm going to go around and call every single Verbana I meet a satanist because they both use blood and sacrifices in there magick." Serge said with a chuckle. "Fine fine. I get what you mean. I'll try and stop calling Akashic cool badass ninjas." he said having no intention of doing that in the slightest.

"No but why would it be wrong to call every Verbena a Satanist but it is okey to call every Asian martial artist a Ninja none of the two would be correct."
Kyle asked.
"Yeah that is probably best so you don't hurt anyone or they hurt you."
He said and frowned.

"Good morning. Yes, thanks. Tea sounds nice," he said and walked in, taking a quick look around again. "Sorry I haven't been by as much as I would've liked, I had some things to take care of and I sort of needed some time to decompress it all," he apologized. "The tea smells nice, what kind is it?"

Narim's room had changed ery little, the book selves where full of movies and books, there where a good stereo there and a rack of CDs, and a desk with a computer.
"Ginger and cardamon tea, but i can make another kind if you prefer, I find it warming when the weather gets cold."
Narim said, you saw some program he was in the middle of creating on his computer screen, lines upon lines of complicated looking code.
"Ehm...sit down if you like."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.
"And there is no need to apologize Adley I completely understand."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:15 pm

"Ginger and cardamon tea, but i can make another kind if you prefer, I find it warming when the weather gets cold."
Narim said, you saw some program he was in the middle of creating on his computer screen, lines upon lines of complicated looking code.
"Ehm...sit down if you like."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.
"And there is no need to apologize Adley I completely understand."

"Thanks," he said with a smile, heading over to somewhere to sit down, a chair or couch. He looked to see what sort of books, music and movies he liked as he passed by the cases. "Was I interrupting something?" he asked, nodding at the computer. "Ginger sounds good, thank you. I hope you're doing okay after...well, everything. How are you?" he asked. Everything seemed normal, but the man had his hand blown off, reattached, and had seen something he shouldn'tve, been attacked by paradox spirits and had ported roughly 25 people or more around.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote blocks)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:45 pm

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Fair enough.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug...

[Erm... can't think of topics...]

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Post:

'Well... I can't really do magicky things.' Nicole replied, thinking that this was the easiest way to explain it to a six-year-old.

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.' the large woman said, moving deeper into the room. 'You've got lots of time to think of the best... pictures to have done, then.'

Anja's Post:

'Now, let's see if we can get that screwdriver. Do you have the speakers?' moving towards the workbench; several tools and small items around the edges.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 pm

"Thanks," he said with a smile, heading over to somewhere to sit down, a chair or couch. He looked to see what sort of books, music and movies he liked as he passed by the cases.

You sat down on Narim's sofa, you saw that when it came to movies there where all sort of genres from horror movies, to musical to drama to action movies, allot of them where Indian productions but there were movies from all over the world really. For books though almost all of them where on computers, programming and manuals.

"Was I interrupting something?" he asked, nodding at the computer.

"Oh no not at all i can continue later. I am writing a ew program...ehm a new spell."
Narim said as he glanced from the tea he was preparing to his computer.
"Where you might need to do a ritual or in other ways prepare to do your magick I have to do the same. But it is nothing that can't wait."
He added with a smile.

"Ginger sounds good, thank you. I hope you're doing okay after...well, everything. How are you?" he asked. Everything seemed normal, but the man had his hand blown off, reattached, and had seen something he shouldn'tve, been attacked by paradox spirits and had ported roughly 25 people or more around.

Narim looked down and busied himself with the tea for a moment, absent minded he touched the tiny scars on the side of his head from the Paradox Spirit who had attacked him.
"It...have been hard, with the locations that I had just forgotten after that creature...and what I saw when my hand...ehm...I am no worse o than anyone who fought at the Labyrinth really, I will be fine Adley, but it will just take a little time."
The Virtual Adept said as he put a red porcelain cup with tea in front of you.
"How are you doing Adley? With everything I mean are you okey?"
He asked as he sat down in one of the chairs giving you a concerned look.

[Nicole and Cava]

Well... I can't really do magicky things.' Nicole replied, thinking that this was the easiest way to explain it to a six-year-old.

"Okey...that makes sense Miss, but you can make cool machines right?"
Cava asked.
"I like machines."

'Thanks.' the large woman said, moving deeper into the room. 'You've got lots of time to think of the best... pictures to have done, then.'

"Yeah allot of time...I think I want I unicorn though I like unicorns as well."
The little girl said and grinned.
"Do you like unicorns Miss Nicole?"

Now, let's see if we can get that screwdriver. Do you have the speakers?' moving towards the workbench; several tools and small items around the edges.

"Mr Yager have it for it get a bit heavy to carry."
Cava said and she pointed at Serge.
"Thank you Miss Mr Yager was showing me some cool sounds when the speaker stopped working."
She asked and she looked at the workbench with interest but she did not go to close before told she could.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:36 am

'Fair enough.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug...

"I doubt that anyone will probe deeper than that. Besides, if they do I can always not answer, that would be expected from me. If we're going that way, Olneyville isn't far but I am going to be tired when we get back to the car," he warned. "Probably the longest walk I've done since I got back." He seemed grumpy about that, being reminded that he wasn't in top shape again. He walked along with her along the Woonasquatucket river on Kinsley st in quiet alertness as if expecting something to give them problems, though not at a fast rate because he knew they had to walk back. He seemed to have a general familiarity of the area and where they were going. After a while, he asked, "I know you like working on cars and ships. Do you also like to make other things, modified weapons for example?"

Price Rite ended up still being where it always had been, in a brick facade building that gave it the look of many ex-factory buildings though it wasn't one. The Blockbuster video on the block nearby however was not and the store was surrounded by converted condos. By the time they got there, Adley was looking a bit paler than he had been.

// took the liberty of skipping ahead - can skim shopping to eating, then getting back to their ride, Adley's going to want a nap on the ride back so then that can about wrap it up I figure?

"Oh no not at all i can continue later. I am writing a ew program...ehm a new spell." Narim said as he glanced from the tea he was preparing to his computer.
"Where you might need to do a ritual or in other ways prepare to do your magick I have to do the same. But it is nothing that can't wait." He added with a smile.

"Oh yeah? What is it going to be for, if you don't mind me asking?"

"It...have been hard, with the locations that I had just forgotten after that creature...and what I saw when my hand...ehm...I am no worse o than anyone who fought at the Labyrinth really, I will be fine Adley, but it will just take a little time."

"I wish I could help with those things; have you been able to get rest? I understand about things taking time, though. Have you talked to the Primus about the latter?" he asked.

The Virtual Adept said as he put a red porcelain cup with tea in front of you.
"How are you doing Adley? With everything I mean are you okey?"
He asked as he sat down in one of the chairs giving you a concerned look.

"Thank you for the tea. I'm okay, starting to feel a bit better but I hate not being able to run, or do things like normal. It makes me restless. The other things...probably going to take time, much like you, but I think progress is in motion at least. " He drank some of the tea. "At least now I can concentrate on studying, help Kyle and also visit people without feeling so grumpy." He gave him a smile.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:11 am

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah touch should work, I don't like having my hands touched, but I can cast the spell and you can touch my arm and I can try to share my magickal senses."
Kyle suggested.

"Darn. I was gonna suggest we arm wrestle for the touch component." Serge said with a grin. "But arm touching works."

Anja wrote:"Yea that is what I mean, I think there might be a danger to get addicted to illusions like that, if you can have everyone you ever wanted whenever you want it that can probably get really alluring."
The young mage said and frowned.
"It is still a really neat gift though.

"It's a lot worse in my circumstance. Every time I go to sleep I can go inside my head into a whole other world. Anything I want to experience. Any adventure, any circumstance, any scenario, I can create and experience there. Serge the adventurer, Serge the pirate, Serge the debonair, the king, the rebel, the villain, the hero. I've been all of them. Created all within my head away from the crushing pain that is paradox, disbelief, and judgement." Serge said, with a touch of longing in his voice. "I'll be honest, it makes waking up much more of a hassle."

[Cava and Nicole]

Anja wrote:"Mr Yager have it for it get a bit heavy to carry."
Cava said and she pointed at Serge.
"Thank you Miss Mr Yager was showing me some cool sounds when the speaker stopped working."
She asked and she looked at the workbench with interest but she did not go to close before told she could.

"Hmm?" Serge said snapping to attention as he heard his name being called. "Oh right. Here you go. Let's see if you guys can fix my haunted speaker."

He walked up to the two girls and placed the wireless speaker on the workbench. It was small, clearly meant to be portable and stored in some sort of travel bag. Nicole would notice that it was quite an old model, bearing scratches and rough dents on it's exterior. The type that typically came with age.

[A Memory Portrayed]

Adley wrote:'Please be careful with my brother and Bee. They've been through a lot and while you seem to mean well, mind ars are very powerful and what lies in a person's inner world, spiritual and mental, can be equally so. I would not be happy to find that anything happened to them when it could have been avoided."

Serge nodded, "I'll be careful, don't worry. This was a small mistake. It won't happen again sir."  

Adley wrote:"Very good, enjoy your day Mr Yager." He put the bag strap over his shoulder and headed out the door, leaving him to his work.

"You too." Serge said as he watched Adley leave.

When Adley had left and was well out of earshot, Serge sighed and began speaking to himself as he organized his pencils, "I'm a fucking idiot. How did I manage to fuck that up so bad...I even knew about his troubles with Mind magick. He fuckin told me about it beforehand!"

He sat there silently grumbling to himself, wondering to himself on what he had done. He had gotten so used to the people in the chantry it didn't even occur to him that they didn't know him that well. He was still a complete stranger in there eyes. Of course they wouldn't want him rooting around in there heads. Eventually he shook his head and said, "No time to dwell on past mistakes. It happened, it's done. Learn from it and don't let it drag you down. Just like Ange always said."

[Portraying a Memory]

For the next week, Serge went to work creating the memorial picture that was asked of him. His first task was to ensure that he understood the scene in it's entirety. He replayed it over and over in his head through the entire day, as he did his chores, ate his breakfast, and talked with his chantrymates. Like a video on loop. He imagined it at different angles and made sure to understand everything. The facial expressions on the ancient mages faces, the clothes they wore, the cliff they stood on, and the ocean the flung there spells over.

At night his dreams were consumed with that brief but happy scene. Journeying to his demesne he reconstructed the environment to fit that specific memory and played it over, seeing it from the viewpoints of Carmon and the other mage.

After he was sure he understood what was needed for the scene he went to work. He picked up his pencils and worked methodically at his desk. Drawing and redrawing. Tracing and retracing. Coloring, shading, erasing, and using all the skills he had built up over his lifetime to ensure he didn't mess up this critical drawing. He pictured in his mind exactly what he wanted onto the page with such precision that he was almost merely tracing his thoughts. Crumpling up attempts that didn't meet his standards and throwing them into a waste bin that would slowly fill up over the course of the week.

He knew how he wanted it to look like. The drawing would be made from the perspective of someone standing far in front of the two mages, nearing the end of their little game. So that their faces and the innocent joy displayed on them could be seen in full effect. The fire wheel would like they were leaping off the pages as the mages practice their spells. The sky above would be in a transition point, slowly shifting from a calming blue to brilliant sunset red as a symbol of the time passing.

As Serge's graceful hands piloted his utensils, he thought about the aspects he wanted to embellish. The heavy theme of red and blue. Carmon's blue robes flowing gracefully next to his friends red ones. The fiery red spells being cast over a calm blue ocean. The blue sky transitioning into the red of the sunset as they played the day away. The intermingling of of two supposedly contrasting colors into one harmonious scene, two colors being one as a representation of the two Hermetics everlasting friendship.

He made sure Carmon was the focus of the picture, drawn to look powerful and majestic. With a smile on his  face as he challenged his good friend. Just as Adley had instructed, he made sure the picture represented a happy moment. A cathartic moment between friends. A type of joy that can only ever be experienced after true hardship. One singular moment captured forever, in which there were no wars, no fears, where the weight of the world was lifted off of their shoulders. One brief moment where the two could simply have fun.  

(OOC: Doing an extended Dex + Art roll for the memorial picture of Carmon. Trying to make it as close as possible to the scene he had witnessed in Adley's mind. I'm not sure how many successes I will need so I will roll until my first

Roll one: 7, 10, 1, 3, 9, 3 [3 successes]
Roll two: 5, 7, 4, 3, 4, 2 [1 success]
Roll three: 2, 10, 7, 5, 9, 2 [4 successes]
Roll four: 9, 7, 4, 4, 2, 1 [2 successes]
Roll five: 3, 4, 10, 2, 1, 5 [0 successes]

So in total 10 successes. Is that enough?)

(OOC2: This might not be necessary, but Adley did specify that he wanted the emotion to be clear in the picture. So an Int+Expression Roll to show  how well Serge portrayed the proper emotions in the picture. You can ignore this if it's not necessary.

Int + Expression Roll: 9, 2, 7, 8, 7, 4 [4 successes])
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 am

"Oh yeah? What is it going to be for, if you don't mind me asking?"

"It is an emergency exit tied to your life patterns, the idea is that when you get injured you are returned to the Chantry."
The Virtual Adept said.
"So nothing to impressive but if it works as planned I can have it as an app that everyone can download on their phones as a sort of safety net."
He explained and scratched his head.

"I wish I could help with those things; have you been able to get rest? I understand about things taking time, though. Have you talked to the Primus about the latter?" he asked.

"I...ehm....no I do not sleep well."
Narim admitted.
"But I suspect that is common for many at the Chantry after that week."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I have talked with the Primus but I did not what to bother him to much since he is preparing to leave to become a Postulant he said that the information I have lost are just gone, as if it was never there."
He said softly and shuddered.

"Thank you for the tea. I'm okay, starting to feel a bit better but I hate not being able to run, or do things like normal. It makes me restless. The other things...probably going to take time, much like you, but I think progress is in motion at least. " He drank some of the tea. "At least now I can concentrate on studying, help Kyle and also visit people without feeling so grumpy." He gave him a smile.

"Well at least you are getting better and you have to take it at your own speed, but you are right the physical stuff is always easier to get over than the emotional."
The young Virtual Adept Master said.
"And if you want to be grumpy Adley that is perfectly fine."
He added with a smile before adding.
"You mentioned your brother how is he doing? I see him in the hallways at times, he seams like such a sweet kid."

[Going to the Library]

"Darn. I was gonna suggest we arm wrestle for the touch component." Serge said with a grin. "But arm touching works."

"Yeah i don't think arm wrestling is for me."
Kyle said and he he grinned then he did the same gestures and spoke the same words as before then he said.
"Ok then touch my arm and I will see if I can share my vision with you."

"It's a lot worse in my circumstance. Every time I go to sleep I can go inside my head into a whole other world. Anything I want to experience. Any adventure, any circumstance, any scenario, I can create and experience there. Serge the adventurer, Serge the pirate, Serge the debonair, the king, the rebel, the villain, the hero. I've been all of them. Created all within my head away from the crushing pain that is paradox, disbelief, and judgement." Serge said, with a touch of longing in his voice. "I'll be honest, it makes waking up much more of a hassle."

"That is like a more tempting version of what makes pepole addicted to World of Warcraft and other such games."
Kyle said as he looked at you.
"How do you deal with that, how do you avoid the temptation and get out of your dreams and instead take part in the world?"
He asked as he looked at you wide eyed.

[Cava and Nicole]

"Hmm?" Serge said snapping to attention as he heard his name being called. "Oh right. Here you go. Let's see if you guys can fix my haunted speaker."

He walked up to the two girls and placed the wireless speaker on the workbench. It was small, clearly meant to be portable and stored in some sort of travel bag. Nicole would notice that it was quite an old model, bearing scratches and rough dents on it's exterior. The type that typically came with age.

Cava nodded and she looked at the speaker.
"I think it is something loose inside of it, but it could also be the receiver which don't work anymore or the speaker element."
The young girl said.

[Portraying a Memory]

It was a difficult and complicated piece to draw, but you managed to get the drawing just as you imagined and capture the emotion of the moment, one happy moment between two friends, you got the shadows and light perfectly right, the coloring and how light reflected, at the end you had a near perfect piece, turning out exactly as you wanted it to.

Miss White where continuing to bring you meals on behest of your Mentor as you worked so you would not forget to eat, which you had a tendency to do.

(OOC: All those rolls where not needed but yes when you first have rolled them, that is a complete success. The picture turn out beautifully.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:22 am

[A Memory Portrayed]

Serge nodded, "I'll be careful, don't worry. This was a small mistake. It won't happen again sir."

"This was not a small mistake, to me."

"It is an emergency exit tied to your life patterns, the idea is that when you get injured you are returned to the Chantry." The Virtual Adept said. "So nothing to impressive but if it works as planned I can have it as an app that everyone can download on their phones as a sort of safety net." He explained and scratched his head.

He shook his head. "That sounds pretty impressive to me. I hope we don't need to use it, but I'll be glad to know that it's there just in case."

"I...ehm....no I do not sleep well." Narim admitted. "But I suspect that is common for many at the Chantry after that week." The Virtual Adept said.

"I suppose not."

"I have talked with the Primus but I did not what to bother him to much since he is preparing to leave to become a Postulant he said that the information I have lost are just gone, as if it was never there." He said softly and shuddered.

"I see. But what about...the other thing that happened? Can he help you there?" he frowned a little, worried. "I doubt you are bothering him, you just might need help while he's still here, is all. We won't be able to ask him later. Well, we could ask I suppose but he is not likely to answer, being even busier than he is now."

"Well at least you are getting better and you have to take it at your own speed, but you are right the physical stuff is always easier to get over than the emotional."
The young Virtual Adept Master said. "And if you want to be grumpy Adley that is perfectly fine." He added with a smile before adding. "You mentioned your brother how is he doing? I see him in the hallways at times, he seams like such a sweet kid."

"It's not that I /want/ to be grumpy, but I admit I have probably been," he said with a shrug. "I think my brother is doing okay, considering everything. Hardly a smooth transition to apprenticehood, but he is trying and I'm going to be there for him if I can be." He drank some of the tea. "How about you, how is it going with the girl you are mentoring?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:03 am

He shook his head. "That sounds pretty impressive to me. I hope we don't need to use it, but I'll be glad to know that it's there just in case."

"It would not just be for battle, if one of us get injured while out running or fishing and so on the rote will also kick in, though I will make it with options so one can decide how much of an injury is needed for it to kick in, and to tur it on an of in the app menu."
Narim said and smiled a little.
"I just have some kinks to work out in the code."

"I see. But what about...the other thing that happened? Can he help you there?" he frowned a little, worried. "I doubt you are bothering him, you just might need help while he's still here, is all. We won't be able to ask him later. Well, we could ask I suppose but he is not likely to answer, being even busier than he is now."

"I ehm...that..."
Narim sigh and looked down.
"I mean getting injured as a bit of a shock, it was terrifying but that I can get over but what I saw when I messed up that Program...what I saw...I have just tried not to think about it."
The Virtual Adept said with a faraway look in his dark eyes.
"I guess I should try to see Master Steelhaven about it I just...it is hard to talk about."
He muttered softly.

"It's not that I /want/ to be grumpy, but I admit I have probably been," he said with a shrug.

"And that is perfectly understandable."
Narim said with a small smile.

"I think my brother is doing okay, considering everything. Hardly a smooth transition to apprenticehood, but he is trying and I'm going to be there for him if I can be." He drank some of the tea.

"The kid must be scared but he seam to be doing fairly well, I usually find him in the library studying."
Narim said then he smiled.
"It is nice to see Jeffry having taken another apprentice, that will do him good."

"How about you, how is it going with the girl you are mentoring?" he asked.

"Well she is fully Awakened now and she is coming here in two months, I have arranged for her to be an exhange student at the University so that give us something to tell her parents, I am oficcially a Mentor now."
Narim said and he smiled a little nervously.
"I hope I don't mess it up, the kid got allot of potential."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:39 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah i don't think arm wrestling is for me."
Kyle said and he he grinned then he did the same gestures and spoke the same words as before then he said.
"Ok then touch my arm and I will see if I can share my vision with you."

"All right then. Here we go." Serge said, reaching out and softly touching Kyle's arm. "Thermo-vision me hermetic boy."

Anja wrote:"That is like a more tempting version of what makes pepole addicted to World of Warcraft and other such games."
Kyle said as he looked at you.
"How do you deal with that, how do you avoid the temptation and get out of your dreams and instead take part in the world?"
He asked as he looked at you wide eyed.

"Well..." Serge said as if that wasn't an easy answer. "When I first learned how to do that. To control it. The only thing keeping me from staying there forever was hunger. It's kinda hard to do stuff when your physical bodies dying in the real world."

"But there's a bunch of other stuff as well. For one thing, I'm useless over there. Anything I do or see is only experienced by me. I can't help people when I'm off in Narnia. I can't bring smiles to faces or show people that life isn't all about grim death and destruction. At least by being here I can have some affect on the real world."

[A Memory Portrayed]

On day, likely a week from the initial request, Serge sent Adley a text message.

"I'm done the pic. Is there anytime your free to pick it up?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:50 pm

[Going to the Library]

"All right then. Here we go." Serge said, reaching out and softly touching Kyle's arm. "Thermo-vision me hermetic boy."

Kyle grinned a little then he nodded, and then you saw shimmering everywhere, like the heat waves shimmering over a cooking fire onlyit was in different colors, more blue or colder areas towards red or hotter objects, like a shimmering, colored film over everything you saw.
"Do you see anything?"
Kyle asked.

"Well..." Serge said as if that wasn't an easy answer. "When I first learned how to do that. To control it. The only thing keeping me from staying there forever was hunger. It's kinda hard to do stuff when your physical bodies dying in the real world."

"But there's a bunch of other stuff as well. For one thing, I'm useless over there. Anything I do or see is only experienced by me. I can't people when I'm off in Narnia. I can't bring smiles to faces or show people that life isn't all about grim death and destruction. At least by being here I can have some affect on the real world."

Kyle was silent for a while then he gave you a warm smile.
"Those are some really good reasons for not getting trapped in your own dream world."
The young Hermetic said.
"Still it must be hard, really hard, I admire that you manage not to get trapped in it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:32 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:Kyle grinned a little then he nodded, and then you saw shimmering everywhere, like the heat waves shimmering over a cooking fire onlyit was in different colors, more blue or colder areas towards red or hotter objects, like a shimmering, colored film over everything you saw.
"Do you see anything?"
Kyle asked.

"That's freaky." Serge said with a wide eyes as he tried to glance at everything in the room with his new senses. "It's like auras, except for temperatures. And for everything rather than just people."

Anja wrote:Kyle was silent for a while then he gave you a warm smile.
"Those are some really good reasons for not getting trapped in your own dream world."
The young Hermetic said.
"Still it must be hard, really hard, I admire that you manage not to get trapped in it."

"I did get trapped in it at first. My awakening brought me to that world and sadly I had no way out. Thankfully my mentor pulled me out before I got hurt." Serge said with a smile.

"It's not something I need to be admired for. Everyone's got something they need to deal with. And after hearing about everyone else's, my thing seems pretty tame in comparison. Maybe one day I can show you that world, if your up for it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:54 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"I would like that, thanks."
Karin said then she nodded her acceptance.
"That sounds fair enough, I guess anything can be a tool for magick then eh?"
The teenager asked.
Colin nodded, then winked, "Anything and everything. But it's usually better if you have a set of dedicated tools for it; it's generally not advised to use your ritual dagger to make sandwiches, for example. You don't want to accidentally feed dairy products to a lactose intolerant volcano god."

Anja wrote:"Fabulous indeed."
Krin said and grinned.
"I will ask Trina and James to let you give them a look over once this is all over."
The girl said and nodded.
He nodded, "Good... It would be a shame to not give you all the choice, if you have the option."

Anja wrote:"Or they might decide to come sooner, however instead of discussing it let us finish our preparations, what needs to be done?"
Fran asked. Hildegard nodded at this.
"Yes indeed let us get ready, i want us to be in position for when these creatures arrives."
Nicole wrote:'Agreed.' Nicole replied, grinding out her cigarette. 'Been thinking; perhaps we can get someone to do a dummy run? Everyone takes up position, and then we see if they can spot any of us as they walk in. This party won't go right if they spot someone's foot poking from behind the couch.'
Anja wrote:"I can do that."
Bianca said.
"If you all get into position then I will go to the entrance."
He hedge wizard said and Hildegard nodded.
"That sounds like a good plan."
The Chorister said before she got to the place marked on Jon's map.
Nicole wrote:'Here.' passing Bianca her binoculars. 'Look well, yeah?' With that, Nicole went off to climb the car-pile...
Anja wrote:"I will."
The hedge wizard agree as she took the frames and put them on and then went to the entrace to the junkyard the vampires where expected to come from.
"Let me know when you guys are ready."
He gave Nicole a thumbs up, then nodded to Bianca, "Don't forget to look through the frames, too - I don't know if these vampires might have infrared vision, but if they do, you should be able to tell who shows up too easily in the dark."

Nicole wrote:'What do you think this is, a sample?' tapping the large bottle of motor oil on the floor with her boot.
Anja wrote:Fran grinned at that.
He chuckled, "Well, now, you should have met Captain MacDuff - in his book, any missiles below 13 kilograms were 'appetizers', and up to 50 were 'polite greetings'... I don't know you calculate combustible quantities yet. Well, let us hop to it..."

[Adley's return from Chicago]
Anja wrote:"Small miracles," he replied, following him out. "I have a few things for you, as well. How is your apprentice doing?"
He smiled, offering a hand to take his luggage, "Oh, now, let's not start discussing sizes; that rabbit hole leads nowhere good... Anna is, well, we had a small flu scare, but it turned out to be a mere mild head cold. Let me tell you, getting everyone vaccinated is going to be a great burden off my shoulders."

((OOC: It's more that the GM misestimates a little what the party is reliably able to hit, damage and survive. Armor class does NOT scale well with attack bonuses in Pathfinder...))

((OOC2: Also, I seem to have contracted something - messes with my concentration a bit, and feels like I have a long, woolen thread from my sinuses and down my gullet. Kind of sucks. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next