Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 27 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Adley Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:56 pm

[Adley and Narim, after Chicago; Steelhaven, late morning]

Narim grinned a little at that. "Perhaps Helena felt that some things are best as a surprise?" He mushed. "And it seams her faith in you where well placed for here we are."

"I don't know, but I plan on asking her. I wonder if she is bringing her student and custos."

"Very well if it will make you more comfortable, I have decided I want to learn to draw and have asked Mr Yager for lessons in exchange for lessons i Correspondence, I have one such lesson later I can ask the kid if he will go with me to the store after the lesson."
The Virtual Adept promised.

He stared at him, only certain things filtering into his brain, as if it were a sieve and only 'danger' fit through it. "He's not going to be able to protect you if anything happens...what if the Technocrats are out there? He'd be in danger too, then."

"I understand, well...no I do not really understand what is going on but I do understand it is something you have to do, don't worry about it, just be safe Adley."
Narim said softly."I am here if and when you need me."

"You don't want to understand what's going on, I hope you never understand. Some things..." he shook his head and then hurried off.

You felt the fire angle's wings around you, se did not speak, she had no guidence to give in this but you felt her there, her warmth as she wrapped her wings made of pure flame around you and just stood there holding you in silence.

'I don't understand why this has to happen, if I did the right thing or the wrong one, how much of it was even in my hands or if there were mechanization I did not understand at work, or there /was/ no right path. Either way I chose there was someone's avatar that they wanted to put on that block. I remember the storm and the sounds of the broken avatars. Is that the future? Is it the one we're making or one we're stopping? I don't know, and I am afraid. I didn't know then and I do not now, I only know that I am supposed to help save some of them and I don't even know how to do that. For all the study I've done, I don't understand anything, only that no matter what, just that someone is going to be hurt.'

[Adley's return from Chicago]

He smiled and rose to his feet, picking up the plate and empty glasses and bringing them to the kitchen sink, "Very well. Oh, and if you like, I could make you a couple of hearty dinners, rich in the iron I suspect you're still a little short on - unless you've got someone else you'd prefer to dine with."

He gave him a confused look. "Uh...well, I won't say no to food. You're a way better cook than I am. But I'm not sure what you mean by that last?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 27 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:27 pm

"I don't know, but I plan on asking her. I wonder if she is bringing her student and custos."

"She is bringing her student at least."
Narim said.
"It will be nice for Jeffry to have his whole family gathered."

He stared at him, only certain things filtering into his brain, as if it were a sieve and only 'danger' fit through it. "He's not going to be able to protect you if anything happens...what if the Technocrats are out there? He'd be in danger too, then."

Narim looked at you and spoke gently.
"I can not live my life locked in my room in case there where danger somewhere Adley. As far as we know nothing is wrong and no one is coming to get us and if someone decide to attack I am not defenseless you know, I will protect the kid. However no one can never be sure that there will never be danger, but we can not live our lives in a constant state of fear. I will be fine, I am just going to the store to pick up groceries."
He said and he tried to give you a reassuring smile.

You don't want to understand what's going on, I hope you never understand. Some things..." he shook his head and then hurried off.

"No I suppose you are right...there are things I would never wish to understand even so Adley I am here if you need me."
He said softly before you left.

I don't understand why this has to happen, if I did the right thing or the wrong one, how much of it was even in my hands or if there were mechanization I did not understand at work, or there /was/ no right path. Either way I chose there was someone's avatar that they wanted to put on that block.

You could hear your Avatar's voice like a roaring fire in your mind.
"There is no right or wrong path, only will, your will and the will of others, you can not control the will of others, only your own and your actions and moves can be controlled, you have to make the moves that fit with your will, but the path is never straight."

I remember the storm and the sounds of the broken avatars. Is that the future? Is it the one we're making or one we're stopping? I don't know, and I am afraid. I didn't know then and I do not now, I only know that I am supposed to help save some of them and I don't even know how to do that. For all the study I've done, I don't understand anything, only that no matter what, just that someone is going to be hurt.'

"It is A future, your actions will determine if it is THE future, you are looking for absolutes where there are none, remember the lesson of the storm and follow the words that are whispered, there are answers to be found in the lowest of places. The Blade's fate is not determined but saving her might loose you a brother, though the choice of what path to take is yours and yours alone."
That fiery voice said and then it was gone as she drew further into your soul and sat there, always there, always a part of you.

[The Grand Dame from the Cult of Ecstasy]

"Yes!" Serge said eyes wide in excitement. "That would be awesome! Err...I mean. Both sound great. I do enjoy my heroes and villains and flashy costumes though."

"Speak your mind child, if I wanted a parrot I would visit a pet shop, a macaw is both more pleasing to the eye and cheaper to feed than you, a mage of the Cult of Ecstasy live life to the fullest, we do not live to please another, if a comic con is more your scene than a orgy then say so."
The Master Cultist said sternly.
"And if it can get your senses flowing and your appetite for life awakened then that is what you should do."

"Of course. She's upstairs in the infirmary." Serge said simply trying to hide both his amazement at the vanishing spell and sadness at being called an overgrown child.

He turned and began to lead his grandmentor up the stairs that he had gotten very familiar with, taking her to the infirmary he had spent much of yesterday being in.

Ryan gave you a sympathetic look as he followed you and the older Cultist up to the infirmary. Once you got there you saw some of the rescuers still sleeping, they where in and out of consciousness, Adjan sat in his bed reading a book and your Mentor sat having a cup of tea, Miss White helping her holding the cup. Ange smiled to you as she saw you then bowed slightly to her Mentor.
"Oh Ange my poor child, what have that bastard done to you, I hear he was executed I am of half a mind to summon him back to life so I can kill him again."
Master Babu said as she rushed over to Ange's bed.
"Yeah well I think we should probably leave the dead be Mentor."
Ange said and Master Babu smiled.
"Off course, off course, I have met your student, he is a sweet kid, scrawny though, you need to fatten him up."
She declared and Ange sigh.
"Mother you are embarrassing him."
"Nonsense...nonsense dear a child should listen to his elders."

While this conversation want on Ryan gave you a look that said that he most of all wanted to run away, so he waved to Adjan and busied himself with visiting with his Cabalmate leaving you to see if Master Babu needed anything."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:40 pm

"She is bringing her student at least." Narim said. "It will be nice for Jeffry to have his whole family gathered."

"Yes, I haven't seen them in a while either."

"I can not live my life locked in my room in case there where danger somewhere Adley. As far as we know nothing is wrong and no one is coming to get us and if someone decide to attack I am not defenseless you know, I will protect the kid. However no one can never be sure that there will never be danger, but we can not live our lives in a constant state of fear. I will be fine, I am just going to the store to pick up groceries."

"I know you're not, I know..." But the look of worry persisted. As if letting anyone out of his sight might mean the last time he saw them.

"No I suppose you are right...there are things I would never wish to understand even so Adley I am here if you need me."
He said softly before you left.

"I do, but I don't think you need...this right now. And I can't explain. And I need to go."

"There is no right or wrong path, only will, your will and the will of others, you can not control the will of others, only your own and your actions and moves can be controlled, you have to make the moves that fit with your will, but the path is never straight."

"What do you do when everything feels wrong, even doing nothing? Maybe especially that..."

"It is A future, your actions will determine if it is THE future, you are looking for absolutes where there are none, remember the lesson of the storm and follow the words that are whispered, there are answers to be found in the lowest of places. The Blade's fate is not determined but saving her might loose you a brother, though the choice of what path to take is yours and yours alone."

He sighed. He knew she was trying to help and at least he did not feel so alone, but it was cryptic and it left the fact someone was going to be badly hurt no matter what there, settled in his stomach. The lesson had been he could not save everyone. Or at least, that was one of the lessons. What then were the lowest places? He rubebd a hand over his face and went to take a long shower, meditate, then review his notes again. Doing nothing and being overwhelmed weren't helping and everything seemed to be overwhelming him today, as if it had all caught up to him at once.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:32 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'I'll tail you. So if something does give up I can see if I can do something.'

Anja's Post:

'It's PO Box... 90018.' Nicole replied, after consulting her phone for a second. 'Normally, you'd have to post to it, but they also accept unstamped letters and shit if delivered direct. Which in this case is the Post Office in Chinatown.'

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

'Lee's got his work cut out as-is persuading Hermetics that leeches are not an option and stamping on flaming bags of shit left by angry druids.' Nicole replied, giving a smile. 'Staza seems like the best best... though I admit I've not actually got round to asking him yet...'

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... but that's different. It's Science. Facts and all that. I know you lot do Science but with a load of mystical stuff overlaying it like paint on bodywork... but that seems to be a hell of a lot easier. Well, sometimes... I do not get for one second how self-harm and maracas can beat an actual medical doctor...' shaking her head, giving a little smile within; she'd inadvertently found an opening...

'That reminds me - you got your appointment with the Doc yet about your vaxxes?' looking at Serge, trying to sound and look as nonchalant as possible; as though they were talking about something as petty as a cleaning rota or a weather report.

Serge's Post:

'It's not magic.' the large woman replied firmly. 'Do I need to lock you in the cupboard underneath the stairs again?' looking at Serge with a grin for this part, making it clear her "threat" was an obvious joke.

Serge's Post:

'All in good time. Then when I'm done, I can go back to 1998 and grab a box of McD's Mighty Wings, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts and some old-school Sunny Delight.' the little smile on her face making it clear she knew using a time machine for the consumption of discontinued junk foods was pretty low on anyone's list.

Serge's Post:

'Do you remember the good old days, with only black and white TV, girls being banned from wearing pants and polio? Pepperidge Farm remembers.' Nicole quipped with the gravitas from the advert, with a smirk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:06 am

Anja wrote:"Speak your mind child, if I wanted a parrot I would visit a pet shop, a macaw is both more pleasing to the eye and cheaper to feed than you, a mage of the Cult of Ecstasy live life to the fullest, we do not live to please another, if a comic con is more your scene than a orgy then say so."
The Master Cultist said sternly.
"And if it can get your senses flowing and your appetite for life awakened then that is what you should do."

"R-Right. I'll be sure to remember that ma'am." Serge said with a polite nod of his head. Then with a smile he said, "And I'll definitely be looking forward to that comic convention."

Anja wrote:Ryan gave you a sympathetic look as he followed you and the older Cultist up to the infirmary. Once you got there you saw some of the rescuers still sleeping, they where in and out of consciousness, Adjan sat in his bed reading a book and your Mentor sat having a cup of tea, Miss White helping her holding the cup. Ange smiled to you as she saw you then bowed slightly to her Mentor.
"Oh Ange my poor child, what have that bastard done to you, I hear he was executed I am of half a mind to summon him back to life so I can kill him again."
Master Babu said as she rushed over to Ange's bed.
"Yeah well I think we should probably leave the dead be Mentor."
Ange said and Master Babu smiled.
"Off course, off course, I have met your student, he is a sweet kid, scrawny though, you need to fatten him up."
She declared and Ange sigh.
"Mother you are embarrassing him."
"Nonsense...nonsense dear a child should listen to his elders."

While this conversation want on Ryan gave you a look that said that he most of all wanted to run away, so he waved to Adjan and busied himself with visiting with his Cabalmate leaving you to see if Master Babu needed anything."

Despite her condition, Serge still couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of joy at seeing his mentor. And hearing her voice somehow calmed him down. As if knowing that she was still capable of banter made her recovery seem all the more apparent.

He let the two Ecstatics exchange heartfelt words before joining in. "I'm fine Ange. Your Mentor's right though. I should probably eat a little more. At least to give myself the energy to climb up those stairs." he said chuckling. "Glad to see your getting better Ange. Is there anything else you need? More tea perhaps? That offer goes for you as well Master Babu."

[Nicole and Cava]

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... but that's different. It's Science. Facts and all that. I know you lot do Science but with a load of mystical stuff overlaying it like paint on bodywork... but that seems to be a hell of a lot easier. Well, sometimes... I do not get for one second how self-harm and maracas can beat an actual medical doctor...' shaking her head, giving a little smile within; she'd inadvertently found an opening...

"If you try to understand it without the right mindset your bound to get confused. Your trying to find logic and stability in something that inherently unpredictable and chaotic. At least, you won't get very far understanding my magick with a mindset like that." Serge said sagely.

Nicole wrote:'That reminds me - you got your appointment with the Doc yet about your vaxxes?' looking at Serge, trying to sound and look as nonchalant as possible; as though they were talking about something as petty as a cleaning rota or a weather report.

"Me? Not yet. Plan on doing it a bit later. Been a bit busy lately." Serge said catching Nicole's glance. He maintained the same tone of voice that Nicole presented, nonchalant and casual, as if what they were talking about was completely natural.

Nicole wrote:'It's not magic.' the large woman replied firmly. 'Do I need to lock you in the cupboard underneath the stairs again?' looking at Serge with a grin for this part, making it clear her "threat" was an obvious joke.

Serge paused for a second, pretending as if he was thinking of a witty response, when suddenly a warning siren came from Speako. "Oh no! You have angered the enormously large giant with the incredible expertly-crafted arm tattoos! She's going to store you away forever like all of the other unwanted electronics! Take you apart piece by piece and use you for her horrid experiments. Or eat you! A most horrid fate! We must panic and beg forgiveness!"

Speako began flailing his arms and running around the table in panic, seemingly gaining new energy as Serge began to focus on him.

Serge looked at Nicole and chuckled, saying, "Oh no Nicole. Your Aunt Petunia impression scared SpeakO.".

Nicole wrote:'All in good time. Then when I'm done, I can go back to 1998 and grab a box of McD's Mighty Wings, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts and some old-school Sunny Delight.' the little smile on her face making it clear she knew using a time machine for the consumption of discontinued junk foods was pretty low on anyone's list.

"God I don't even know what I'd use a time machine for..." Serge said with a thoughtful look in his eyes. "I'd probably use the save-state version of time travel. Keep rewinding and redoing something until I do it perfectly. That way I'll always have a snappy comeback to someone's clever quip.". It was apparent that Serge shared similar priorities with the power of time travel.

Nicole wrote:'Do you remember the good old days, with only black and white TV, girls being banned from wearing pants and polio? Pepperidge Farm remembers.' Nicole quipped with the gravitas from the advert, with a smirk.

"Oh my god. What a horrific, cruel, and medieval times those were. Humans were such savages back then. To think.....TV used to be in black and white! Thankfully our great-great-great grand ancestors from long ago found away to fix that problem." Serge joked flashing a friendly smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:59 am

"Yes, I haven't seen them in a while either."

"I remember you being rather close with your sister before she moved, she teaching you quite a few lessons in preparation of taking an student of her own, I guess it will be the same with you and Kyle now eh?"
Narim said as he took another bite of the ice cream.

"I know you're not, I know..." But the look of worry persisted. As if letting anyone out of his sight might mean the last time he saw them.

"Listen what if I send you a text message as soon as I am back safely to the Chantry?"
The Virtual Adept offered.

"I do, but I don't think you need...this right now. And I can't explain. And I need to go."

"Off course, do not let me keep you, take care of yourself Adley."
Narim said softly but he was clearly concerned.

"What do you do when everything feels wrong, even doing nothing? Maybe especially that..."

"Doing something, or doing nothing is all parts of your will, you choose the path you wish to walk and you walk it."
The Avatar whispered if a whisper where a roaring bonfire.

[Junkyard]

'I'll tail you. So if something does give up I can see if I can do something.'

"It seams having a mechanic in the Cabal can be quite useful."
Richard said with a grin.

It's PO Box... 90018.' Nicole replied, after consulting her phone for a second. 'Normally, you'd have to post to it, but they also accept unstamped letters and shit if delivered direct. Which in this case is the Post Office in Chinatown.'

"Post office in Chinatown, PO Box 90018...ok I will remember that."
Trina said and Jones nodded.
"So we contact you if we discover something you might be interested in or something?"
He asked.

[Café Latvia]

'Lee's got his work cut out as-is persuading Hermetics that leeches are not an option and stamping on flaming bags of shit left by angry druids.'

Jade frowned.
"Ah yes trying to get Hermetics, Verbena and Dreamspeakers to look at the world and join us in the modern era is a frustrating project."
She said and shook her head.
"Listen tell them that the Awakened might need vaccines less that the regular population due to the prevalence of healers, but at times something is hard to heal and then it is good to have some extra insurance and vaccines are a cheap way of making sure your entire Chantry is not laid out with a magickal flu when the Union come knocking."

Nicole replied, giving a smile. 'Staza seems like the best best... though I admit I've not actually got round to asking him yet...'

"I can send you his phone number if you wish, he can be hard to talk to at times, he is friendly enough and he unlike me is a kind man who honestly cares about people, but his head is in his research and he have a hard time focus on anything else."
The Etherite said as she fished out her phone.

[Nicole and Cava]

'Yeah... but that's different. It's Science. Facts and all that. I know you lot do Science but with a load of mystical stuff overlaying it like paint on bodywork... but that seems to be a hell of a lot easier. Well, sometimes... I do not get for one second how self-harm and maracas can beat an actual medical doctor...' shaking her head, giving a little smile within; she'd inadvertently found an opening...

"But is not that just different words for the same thing Miss Nicole, I mean when the Security Chief cast a fireball that is very real, it is fact but he just use different methods than you, it is all different ways of affecting reality."
The little girl said.
"I have only met one doctor, Dr Lee, but many magickal healers."
She commented.

That reminds me - you got your appointment with the Doc yet about your vaxxes?' looking at Serge, trying to sound and look as nonchalant as possible; as though they were talking about something as petty as a cleaning rota or a weather report.

"My Mentor want me to go and have those done but e is stressing about them allot so it must be horrible, so I am not going."
Cava commented as she looked up at your question to Serge.
"I don't even know what they are, all I know is that the last time someone was so worried about me was right after I Awakened and they wanted to examine my Avatar to make sure I am not like my father, for he is a very bad man, and that hurt really bad, I am not doing that again!"
The little girl said and she started pouting.

'All in good time. Then when I'm done, I can go back to 1998 and grab a box of McD's Mighty Wings, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts and some old-school Sunny Delight.' the little smile on her face making it clear she knew using a time machine for the consumption of discontinued junk foods was pretty low on anyone's list.

"That sounds like a good way to use a time machine Miss Nicole, can you make one?"
Cava asked and she perked up again at the thought of using a time machine to get junk food.

"R-Right. I'll be sure to remember that ma'am." Serge said with a polite nod of his head. Then with a smile he said, "And I'll definitely be looking forward to that comic convention."

"Good you are learning child."
Master Babu said her dark eyes still looking right at you, weighing you as if trying to decide if you where worthy of her time.

Despite her condition, Serge still couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of joy at seeing his mentor. And hearing her voice somehow calmed him down. As if knowing that she was still capable of banter made her recovery seem all the more apparent.

He let the two Ecstatics exchange heartfelt words before joining in. "I'm fine Ange. Your Mentor's right though. I should probably eat a little more. At least to give myself the energy to climb up those stairs." he said chuckling. "Glad to see your getting better Ange. Is there anything else you need? More tea perhaps? That offer goes for you as well Master Babu."

Ange smiled to you.
"It is either that kid or learning to teleport."
She joked.
"I would prefer if you took better care of yourself though."
She added then she nodded.
"I would love some more tea thank you and a cup for my Mentor would be good."
She added with a smile and Master Babu sat down on a chair next to her apprentice's bedside.
"Indeed some tea would be lovely child."
She added.
"There are a water boiler and tea on the table over there."
Miss White said and pointed as she went to check on one of the other patients.

[Nicole and Cava]

Me? Not yet. Plan on doing it a bit later. Been a bit busy lately." Serge said catching Nicole's glance. He maintained the same tone of voice that Nicole presented, nonchalant and casual, as if what they were talking about was completely natural.

Cava looked at you seemingly a bit confused over how nonchalant you and Nicole was about it, she ate some cake but she still pouted though.
"My Mentor is really worried about it...I do not want to do it."
She grumbled.

Serge paused for a second, pretending as if he was thinking of a witty response, when suddenly a warning siren came from Speako. "Oh no! You have angered the enormously large giant with the incredible expertly-crafted arm tattoos! She's going to store you away forever like all of the other unwanted electronics! Take you apart piece by piece and use you for her horrid experiments. Or eat you! A most horrid fate! We must panic and beg forgiveness!"

Speako began flailing his arms and running around the table in panic, seemingly gaining new energy as Serge began to focus on him.

Serge looked at Nicole and chuckled, saying, "Oh no Nicole. Your Aunt Petunia impression scared SpeakO.".

"Nooo don't lock Speako away!"
Cava said and shook her head.
"He will be good promise!"

"God I don't even know what I'd use a time machine for..." Serge said with a thoughtful look in his eyes. "I'd probably use the save-state version of time travel. Keep rewinding and redoing something until I do it perfectly. That way I'll always have a snappy comeback to someone's clever quip.". It was apparent that Serge shared similar priorities with the power of time travel.

"I would like to go back and see my father and find out why everyone are so scared of him and everyone think he is a monster."
Cava said.

"Oh my god. What a horrific, cruel, and medieval times those were. Humans were such savages back then. To think.....TV used to be in black and white! Thankfully our great-great-great grand ancestors from long ago found away to fix that problem." Serge joked flashing a friendly smile.

"Miss Nicole, why where TV black and white then and pictures before then, why did the cameras make things black and white?"
Cava asked curiously.
"It seams very odd to me that you can tae a picture of somethign with color and then it is black and white on the screen."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:15 am

"I remember you being rather close with your sister before she moved, she teaching you quite a few lessons in preparation of taking an student of her own, I guess it will be the same with you and Kyle now eh?" Narim said as he took another bite of the ice cream.

"I never really looked at it that way at the time, but probably? Helena pitched in whenever my pater couldn't get something through my thick head. There were a few times when I had a really hard time with a spell and I felt like I could ask her about it and not bother him as much. I've taught people mundane skills plenty of times but I've never taught anyone any magick."

"Listen what if I send you a text message as soon as I am back safely to the Chantry?"
The Virtual Adept offered.

He nodded. "Okay...yes. Thank you."

"Doing something, or doing nothing is all parts of your will, you choose the path you wish to walk and you walk it." The Avatar whispered if a whisper where a roaring bonfire.

'But you gave me the choice...I could not turn away from that, or you and so I made one.' He frowned and then added, 'Thank you,'. Even if it was not advice or help that he understood well at the moment, it was genuine help all the same. And giving up was never an option.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:17 am

"I never really looked at it that way at the time, but probably? Helena pitched in whenever my pater couldn't get something through my thick head. There were a few times when I had a really hard time with a spell and I felt like I could ask her about it and not bother him as much. I've taught people mundane skills plenty of times but I've never taught anyone any magick."

"When I was a student the older apprentices always helped out with teaching the younger ones."
Narim said.
"I am glad I got the practice for when my student arrives, as such I guess it is good I have agreed to try to teach Mr Yeager Correspondence despite the Paradigm differences, it will be a challenge but will be good training for when I have to teach a student full time."

He nodded. "Okay...yes. Thank you."

Narim gave you a reassuring smile.
"I will be fine."
He repeated.

'But you gave me the choice...I could not turn away from that, or you and so I made one.' He frowned and then added, 'Thank you,'. Even if it was not advice or help that he understood well at the moment, it was genuine help all the same. And giving up was never an option.

Your Avatar did not reply, she could only guide, not give you direct answers, you had to find the path for yourself, she would guide you but not cripple you by being a crutch, even when you needed it the most.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:33 am

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Hey, might not be able to do anything... after all, I don't carry around spare parts and a full tool-kit with me.' she replied, giving a wry smile.

Anja's Post:

'Yep.' giving a nod. 'Oh, I'm called Nicole.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:07 am

[Junkyard]

Hey, might not be able to do anything... after all, I don't carry around spare parts and a full tool-kit with me.' she replied, giving a wry smile.

"You need a pocket realm."
Richard joked with a grin.
"Well at least you will be able to do more to keep the van running then me. I know a car is a box with a wheel in each corner, I can drive but have little idea of how to fix them."
He added.

'Yep.' giving a nod. 'Oh, I'm called Nicole.'

"Okey then we will contact you when new cars come in."
Jones said.
"Nicole, that is a nice name, nice to meet you."
Trina said and Karin looked at you.
"Do you think you could bring some chocholate next time you drop by?"
She asked and Trina kicked her in the shin not wanting her to be a bother.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:46 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Using some sort of make shift seatbelt might not be a bad idea."
Richard said.
"I am not so sure how much this old van can take before it falls apart on us."
Colin smiled wryly, "Hopefully, it will hold for the round trip home and back here after..."

Anja wrote:Jon nodded at that.
"That might be a good idea, and Master Telar is the best there is they say."
He grinned, "The Traditions' number 2 guy agrees; I've met him, and I'm inclined to trust his judgment in the matter."

Anja wrote:I will see what we can do to help them, I am sure something can be arranged to better their stuation."
Jeffry said.
"Once the danger to them from Awakened sources have been dealt with."
He nodded, "I'm sure they won't die from the mundane medical problems before sunrise; there should be some time before crises occur - mostly, in any case."

Anja wrote:"As long as this massassa can not run of to warn Livington then I am satisfied, worried but satisfied, and as for my student he will fret but I assume he will understand your reasons Mr Wainwright, very well carry on then."
The old Hermetic said.
He smiled, "Very good, Sir, we'll be home soon."

((OOC: It IS Sherman... I blame his Arcane for he slip-up. Razz ))

S7trif3 wrote:He gave him a confused look. "Uh...well, I won't say no to food. You're a way better cook than I am. But I'm not sure what you mean by that last?"
He grinned and gave Adley a sly wink, "Spoilers, my friend... But seriously, I'm given to understand that a certain Deacon is quite a good cook, as well. I'd hardly want to be a 'prior appointment' if he wishes to invite you to eat with him."

((OOC: Board Games Exchange day yesterday. Tried to get rid of a shite Cluedo DVD set (the rules don't agree with the instructions), and ended up bringing home that and another game - Dead Man's Doubloons, which came with a stack of metal coins. Those tokens alone were worth the purchase. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Anja wrote:Ange smiled to you.
"It is either that kid or learning to teleport."
She joked.
"I would prefer if you took better care of yourself though."
She added then she nodded.
"I would love some more tea thank you and a cup for my Mentor would be good."
She added with a smile and Master Babu sat down on a chair next to her apprentice's bedside.
"Indeed some tea would be lovely child."
She added.
"There are a water boiler and tea on the table over there."
Miss White said and pointed as she went to check on one of the other patients.

"Funny you should say that. I plan on learning how to teleport soon. And when I do, I'll never see another flight of stairs again!" Serge declared with a grin as he walked over to the water boiler and began to make tea for his two mentor's. Once he brewed two cups of tea he brought it over on a tray to his mentor and grandmentor to enjoy.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:13 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin smiled wryly, "Hopefully, it will hold for the round trip home and back here after..."

"Hopefully yes, and that is all it need hold for, after that it is scrap."
Richard said darkly.
"Be aware that the Resonance in there is probably terrible."

He grinned, "The Traditions' number 2 guy agrees; I've met him, and I'm inclined to trust his judgment in the matter."

"All I know is that she is the person to talk to if you want Paradox issues sorted out, she have a successful business with that on Horizon or so I hear."
Jon said and nodded.

He nodded, "I'm sure they won't die from the mundane medical problems before sunrise; there should be some time before crises occur - mostly, in any case."

"I will address the matter during the planned Deacon Council meeting tomorrow morning and we will see what resources we can spare for the junkyard residents."
Jeffry said and then you heard him sipping his coffee.

He smiled, "Very good, Sir, we'll be home soon."

"Good to hear that, I will see you then Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic replied.
"Is there anything else then."

"Funny you should say that. I plan on learning how to teleport soon. And when I do, I'll never see another flight of stairs again!" Serge declared with a grin as he walked over to the water boiler and began to make tea for his two mentor's.

"When you learn to teleport I am going to have to buy you one of those camera things for a gaming console then so you can get some movement in playing games."
Your Mentor said and grinned.

Once he brewed two cups of tea he brought it over on a tray to his mentor and grandmentor to enjoy.

Master Babu took the teacup and sipped it and from her grimace it was not up to her preferences. Your Mentor smiled though as her Mentor helped her drink.
"Thank you Serge."
Ange said.
"So how are you doing settling in at Steelhaven Serge are you making friends here?"
Your Mentor asked.

(OOC: I am sure Jon are called all sorts of names as people forget his name.)
(OOC 2: Sounds like a good trade.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:29 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Hopefully yes, and that is all it need hold for, after that it is scrap."
Richard said darkly.
"Be aware that the Resonance in there is probably terrible."
Colin grimaced, "After the hell week we were through recently, I'm fairly sure it'll not be quite as bad... unpleasant, but nothing I can't cope with."

Anja wrote:"I will address the matter during the planned Deacon Council meeting tomorrow morning and we will see what resources we can spare for the junkyard residents."
Jeffry said and then you heard him sipping his coffee.
He nodded, then smiled thinly, "Quite. So, have you got around to trying the gourmet coffee I gave you yet?"

Anja wrote:"Good to hear that, I will see you then Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic replied.
"Is there anything else then."
He shook his head, "Nothing more until we return, I believe. Madame Gottschalk has everything well in hand."

After the call, he went over to the vampire and offered her a hand up, "Here, now... I'm going to offer you Sanctuary until the matter is resolved, and a friend will argue your case before the Prince. I cannot promise anything, but... we might be able to get you accepted in Boston, and even a mentor to help you find your feet. The next few nights might be a bit uncomfortable, though, as I can only offer you a place to rest fairly undisturbed in my workshop, but it is a safe space, at the very least, where the sun won't reach you during the day."

[Ghost Day]
Colin looked at the little silver shrine he had constructed - a meticulously crafted garage sized to fit the toy car, complete with the legend "The bravest boy a mother could ask for, killed without hesitation in a war he never asked for" on the back wall. Then he looked at the car, carefully detached from the key ring and restored to its original state as well as possible; the paint job had been the hardest part, what with the particular shade of metallic paint being a tricky thing to find after so many years.

He glanced around the ritual room; he'd asked Masters Gottschalk and Morgan for assistance with the affair, as well as Adjan and Fran, and any others that might be willing and able to lend a hand with an angry ghost...

He sighed and cleared his head, preparing to complete the promised shrine, and by that, bring the ghost into the room.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin grimaced, "After the hell week we were through recently, I'm fairly sure it'll not be quite as bad... unpleasant, but nothing I can't cope with."

"Will the blood van be as bad as two Labyrinths, no but even so it is doubtfully plesant in there."
Richard said and Fan who had spent her time trying to keep the vampiress calm looked up.
"No but the prisoner might feel the Resonance, if she is Toreador she might be able to feel it and it might scare her just be aware of that."
The death magus warned.

He nodded, then smiled thinly, "Quite. So, have you got around to trying the gourmet coffee I gave you yet?"

"I have in fact, it was quite delicious, thank you."
Jeffry said approvingly.

He shook his head, "Nothing more until we return, I believe. Madame Gottschalk has everything well in hand."

"Good, I will see you and your team in the little while then Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said and he waited to see if you had something to add before he hung up on the call.

After the call, he went over to the vampire and offered her a hand up, "Here, now... I'm going to offer you Sanctuary until the matter is resolved, and a friend will argue your case before the Prince. I cannot promise anything, but... we might be able to get you accepted in Boston, and even a mentor to help you find your feet. The next few nights might be a bit uncomfortable, though, as I can only offer you a place to rest fairly undisturbed in my workshop, but it is a safe space, at the very least, where the sun won't reach you during the day."

"I...I can ask for nothing more, thank you."
The vampiress said, she seamed a bit sluggish now as if a deep, dark sleep where threatening to overwhelm her, not much different from what you have been told vampires would be like during the day, the girl looked at er hands though, her palms where burned down to the bone in places.
"I am not sure that will work."
She muttered and then she winced.
"If you want to help me up you are going to have to grab my wrist."

[Ghost Day]

He glanced around the ritual room; he'd asked Masters Gottschalk and Morgan for assistance with the affair, as well as Adjan and Fran, and any others that might be willing and able to lend a hand with an angry ghost...

Hildegard and Jeffry stood watching the little garage you had made for the toy car carefully, Adjan was there as well his dice in one hand though he leaned on a crutch with the other, his right leg was still bust from the fight with Wallace Jace though he now was out of the infirmary. Fran stood there with a serious expression on her face, her bone rattle in her hand.

He sighed and cleared his head, preparing to complete the promised shrine, and by that, bring the ghost into the room.

You placed the restored toy car into the little garage you had built and shortly after you felt the gost's presence behind you, for a moment she just stood there then she walked over to the shrine and bent down to look at it closer.
"My little boy would have loved this...he loved his match book cars."
She said softly.
"He would make cities and landscapes out of old milk cartons and books, anything he could get his hands on, such a sweet boy, he would play on the floor for hours having car races and playing with his little cars, he was such a good boy."
The woman said before she started sobbing again.
"And you took him from me...you killed him and now I will never see him again!"
She screamed as she turned to face you.
"How could you do that...how could you he was my sweet, kind little boy!"
The ghost screamed in rage.
"Murderer how could you!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:23 pm

He grinned and gave Adley a sly wink, "Spoilers, my friend... But seriously, I'm given to understand that a certain Deacon is quite a good cook, as well. I'd hardly want to be a 'prior appointment' if he wishes to invite you to eat with him."

"Well, luckily I can and do eat more than one meal in a day and my fridge has plenty of room," he said after a moment, giving him a guarded look. "Have you been talking with Bee? Nevermind..." he shook his head, giving him another sidelong glance. He got the bag onto his shoulder. "Should I wait for the food or drop by later?"

[Narim and Adley, late morning]

"When I was a student the older apprentices always helped out with teaching the younger ones." Narim said. "I am glad I got the practice for when my student arrives, as such I guess it is good I have agreed to try to teach Mr Yeager Correspondence despite the Paradigm differences, it will be a challenge but will be good training for when I have to teach a student full time."

"I didn't help much with my...with my last younger brother, I was never asked to help much and he didn't seek me out very often for assistance, so I figured he was fine or did not wish my interference. I wish I'd been more involved, in retrospect of course." He shook his head then added, "You're going to teach him Correspondence? That's going to be hard, his ways of doing things are even more different than between myself and his own workings. Perhaps he will glean something out of it...all I know is that when I tried to work with Freddy on something, with Colin there to help try to make a bridge, it still nearly gave me a nosebleed. I still see number squares floating in my vision sometimes. Needless to say, it wasn't working well and maybe after hours and hours we could dredge up something, but it was not time efficient."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:47 pm

"I didn't help much with my...with my last younger brother, I was never asked to help much and he didn't seek me out very often for assistance, so I figured he was fine or did not wish my interference. I wish I'd been more involved, in retrospect of course."

"We all have twenty twenty vision when it comes to what we should have done in the past Adley, you where different back then, things where different and getting to involved in should haves will only bring pain."
Narim said softly.
"Things will be different with Kyle I am sure of it."

"You're going to teach him Correspondence? That's going to be hard, his ways of doing things are even more different than between myself and his own workings. Perhaps he will glean something out of it...all I know is that when I tried to work with Freddy on something, with Colin there to help try to make a bridge, it still nearly gave me a nosebleed. I still see number squares floating in my vision sometimes. Needless to say, it wasn't working well and maybe after hours and hours we could dredge up something, but it was not time efficient."

"It is what he wanted in exchange for art lessons, I told him I would try but with no guarantee of success, the problem with be the Paradigms not the tools, I think Mr Yager might be able to learn how to use for example computer games for magick, that might suit him well, but my Paradigm might be harder for him to grasp, and yes working with a mage of a completely different world view is not easy and it do not get much more different than between you and Freddy, naturally that would take allot of time to figure out."
Narim said and smiled.
"I have read a bit about Greek Egyptian ritual magick and it is interesting but I can not claim to understand it or that it would be easy to work with someone having such a Paradigm, however I will give it a shot and see if my teaching Mr Yager will lead anywhere, it is worth and attempt, might even be interesting."
The Virtual Adept added with a smile.
"I might learn something as well from the attempt."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Anja wrote:"When you learn to teleport I am going to have to buy you one of those camera things for a gaming console then so you can get some movement in playing games."
Your Mentor said and grinned.

"All the more reason to learn how to teleport. I've always wanted to play on one of those again." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:Master Babu took the teacup and sipped it and from her grimace it was not up to her preferences. Your Mentor smiled though as her Mentor helped her drink.
"Thank you Serge."
Ange said.
"So how are you doing settling in at Steelhaven Serge are you making friends here?"
Your Mentor asked.

"It's definitely been.....hectic." Serge said as thoughts of oil men, minds of tortured patients, nephandi interrogations, and exploding hands flooded his mind.

"But I think I'm settling down quite well. This place is really cool and everyone here is really nice. I've met a lot of people and made a lot of friends. I went to the library today with one of them. Later I'm going to a meeting with a cabal to see if they'll let me join. So all in all I've been doing good." he said with a smile.

[A Request for Help- Narim and Serge]

Serge made his way down to Narim's room for one of their art tutoring session. He was wearing a blue t-shirt with the loony tunes characters on it, some worn out jeans, and sneakers in a similar condition. In his hands he carried two sketchbooks and the calligraphy pens the Adley had given, as well as a couple of other tools.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:40 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"Well, luckily I can and do eat more than one meal in a day and my fridge has plenty of room," he said after a moment, giving him a guarded look. "Have you been talking with Bee? Nevermind..." he shook his head, giving him another sidelong glance. He got the bag onto his shoulder. "Should I wait for the food or drop by later?"
Colin grinned and shook his head, "The food is better when freshly prepared, rather than reheated. And I've not spoken with Beatrice about anything related to such subjects. There have been enough more pressing concerns, though I do look forward to seeing her face when she learns that you might've found some romance in your life... But don't worry, I will not be the one to rat you out. Just let me know each day whether you'll want to eat with us, or not."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Will the blood van be as bad as two Labyrinths, no but even so it is doubtfully plesant in there."
Richard said and Fan who had spent her time trying to keep the vampiress calm looked up.
"No but the prisoner might feel the Resonance, if she is Toreador she might be able to feel it and it might scare her just be aware of that."
The death magus warned.
He nodded, "That's a greater concern, yes - I will warn her and try to ease her into it."

Anja wrote:"I have in fact, it was quite delicious, thank you."
Jeffry said approvingly.
He grinned, "Nothing like the time-honoured practice of bribing with delicacies to soften the blow of a well-earned lecture. I'm glad you approve of it."

Anja wrote:"I...I can ask for nothing more, thank you."
The vampiress said, she seamed a bit sluggish now as if a deep, dark sleep where threatening to overwhelm her, not much different from what you have been told vampires would be like during the day, the girl looked at er hands though, her palms where burned down to the bone in places.
"I am not sure that will work."
She muttered and then she winced.
"If you want to help me up you are going to have to grab my wrist."
He nodded and gently gripped her forearm in a less damaged spot, only applying the slightest amount of force necessary to help her up to her own feet, "Here, miss... We'll be driving in the back of the blood van... I am sorry, but I will have to strap you into the seat; it might be unpleasant due to the... memories of the misdeeds that have taken place there. It will be safe, though, and I will not be forced to restrain you in... more horrid ways."

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:Hildegard and Jeffry stood watching the little garage you had made for the toy car carefully, Adjan was there as well his dice in one hand though he leaned on a crutch with the other, his right leg was still bust from the fight with Wallace Jace though he now was out of the infirmary. Fran stood there with a serious expression on her face, her bone rattle in her hand.
He looked around at the others and nodded to them, "Thank you for coming... Are we all prepared? And remember, if at all possible, I want her helped to pass on to the next life - whatever that might be - rather than trapped or destroyed."

Anja wrote:You placed the restored toy car into the little garage you had built and shortly after you felt the gost's presence behind you, for a moment she just stood there then she walked over to the shrine and bent down to look at it closer.
"My little boy would have loved this...he loved his match book cars."
She said softly.
"He would make cities and landscapes out of old milk cartons and books, anything he could get his hands on, such a sweet boy, he would play on the floor for hours having car races and playing with his little cars, he was such a good boy."
The woman said before she started sobbing again.
"And you took him from me...you killed him and now I will never see him again!"
She screamed as she turned to face you.
"How could you do that...how could you he was my sweet, kind little boy!"
The ghost screamed in rage.
"Murderer how could you!"
He sighed, unflinching, "Your son had been drafted, quite against his will, into a horrible hidden war... on the side that seeks to unmake the world. Killing him was the only mercy I could offer... had he been captured, his soul would have been torn apart into tiny fragments, and there'd be no trace left of your precious boy. Now, he will be reborn... but there's a darkness in his soul, and he will need help and guidance to overcome that. I will remember the good kid he was, but I ask that you move on, offer him the guidance he needs in the next life... Can you do that for your son?"

((OOC: Aaaand here goes nothing; time to solve the ghost problem, preferably without having to rely on Ghostbusters gear. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:09 pm

"We all have twenty twenty vision when it comes to what we should have done in the past Adley, you where different back then, things where different and getting to involved in should haves will only bring pain."
Narim said softly.
"Things will be different with Kyle I am sure of it."

"Well, they already are for sure."

"It is what he wanted in exchange for art lessons, I told him I would try but with no guarantee of success, the problem with be the Paradigms not the tools, I think Mr Yager might be able to learn how to use for example computer games for magick, that might suit him well, but my Paradigm might be harder for him to grasp, and yes working with a mage of a completely different world view is not easy and it do not get much more different than between you and Freddy, naturally that would take allot of time to figure out."

"You're going to learn to make pictures?" he said, seeming a bit surprised. "Yeah, I have worked now with a lot of other types of magii but that was the hardest so far, I really don't grasp things at all the same way your Tradition does when it comes down to it."

"I have read a bit about Greek Egyptian ritual magick and it is interesting but I can not claim to understand it or that it would be easy to work with someone having such a Paradigm, however I will give it a shot and see if my teaching Mr Yager will lead anywhere, it is worth and attempt, might even be interesting."
The Virtual Adept added with a smile. "I might learn something as well from the attempt."

"Well, you did make a portal with some Hermetics. All of the symbols seemed half jibberish to me, but it looked cool. I think you inspired my brother to want to learn just for that."

Colin grinned and shook his head, "The food is better when freshly prepared, rather than reheated. And I've not spoken with Beatrice about anything related to such subjects. There have been enough more pressing concerns, though I do look forward to seeing her face when she learns that you might've found some romance in your life... But don't worry, I will not be the one to rat you out. Just let me know each day whether you'll want to eat with us, or not."

"Oh..." he blushed a bit, though he was looking so pale and fatigued it didn't probably do much but he could feel it creeping over his face all the same. "She...ah, you know she had a crush on me? I had no idea. I'm oblivious and my feelings are...well, different for her and now we know why that is so. Anyway, thank you for the standing offer, I am sure I will take you up on it. I can fetch groceries in return or something, let me know what you need." He nodded to him, and shuffled out the door, looking like he was not long for sleep.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:32 pm

"All the more reason to learn how to teleport. I've always wanted to play on one of those again." Serge said with a smile.

Ange regarded you for a moment then she considered something before saying.
"Joking aside though kid, if you put the work in and learn how to teleport I will buy you a gaming console and a camera for it."
She promised.
"It would be a nice addition to your skills and with your understanding of shape and form you might be good at it."
Master Babu chuckle at that.
"Bribing your student Ange?"
She asked and your Mentor gave a coy smile.
"Motivating mother, I prefer to see it as motivating."

"It's definitely been.....hectic." Serge said as thoughts of oil men, minds of tortured patients, nephandi interrogations, and exploding hands flooded his mind.

"But I think I'm settling down quite well. This place is really cool and everyone here is really nice. I've met a lot of people and made a lot of friends. I went to the library today with one of them. Later I'm going to a meeting with a cabal to see if they'll let me join. So all in all I've been doing good." he said with a smile.

"What is this, have you not found yourself a Cabal yet child? Despite what your idiot uncle might indicate we come from the finest of lineages, magickal royalty, you should have a had a handful of Cabals begging for your membership already!"
Master Babu exclaimed and Ryan gave her a sour look.
"Do not come here and look at your elders like that young man, do not think I id not see you."
The older Cultist said and Ryan wisely looked away and kept his mouth shut. Ange sigh and looked at er Mentor.
"Let Serge make friends in his own time mother it is not a race."
She said and Master Babu only replied by sipping her tea but the look in her eyes told you that it very much was a race and she was not pleased.

Serge made his way down to Narim's room for one of their art tutoring session. He was wearing a blue t-shirt with the loony tunes characters on it, some worn out jeans, and sneakers in a similar condition. In his hands he carried two sketchbooks and the calligraphy pens the Adley had given, as well as a couple of other tools.

After a few lessons Narim where improving quickly, at least on the technical side of things, shapes and forms and perspective all of that come naturally to him, the more artistic things though, matching colors, creating art rather than reproducing forms where a problem for him, but it might come in turn. This time when Narim opened the door to his apartment to let you in for his lesson though you could see that the Virtual Adept where worried, he seamed concerned and uneasy.
"Oh...hello Serge come in please."
He said but you could see that his mind was elsewhere than on his coming art lesson.
"Can I get you anything to drink?"
He asked politely.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He nodded, "That's a greater concern, yes - I will warn her and try to ease her into it."

Fran nodded.
"That is probably for the best, remember that wounded vampires can be quite dangerous."

He grinned, "Nothing like the time-honoured practice of bribing with delicacies to soften the blow of a well-earned lecture. I'm glad you approve of it."

The old mage chuckled at that.
"Well never let it be said I can not be bribed in coffee."
He joked seaming amused.

He nodded and gently gripped her forearm in a less damaged spot, only applying the slightest amount of force necessary to help her up to her own feet, "Here, miss... We'll be driving in the back of the blood van... I am sorry, but I will have to strap you into the seat; it might be unpleasant due to the... memories of the misdeeds that have taken place there. It will be safe, though, and I will not be forced to restrain you in... more horrid ways."

The vampiress cried out as you helped her up and some of her skin and flesh turned to dust around your hand, she stood rather unsteady and looked towards the the van and nodded.
"O...ok, strap me down that is okey I will not resist, anything is better than...other ways of restraints."
She muttered nervously.
"I am not going to cause trouble I promise."

[Ghost Day]

He looked around at the others and nodded to them, "Thank you for coming... Are we all prepared? And remember, if at all possible, I want her helped to pass on to the next life - whatever that might be - rather than trapped or destroyed."

"Indeed we are, however Mr Wainwright, while I agree with the sentiment of helping this woman if possible, I will not just stand by and watch her harm you, if there are no other options, what have to be done will be done."
Jeffry said and the others nodded gravely to that.

He sighed, unflinching, "Your son had been drafted, quite against his will, into a horrible hidden war... on the side that seeks to unmake the world. Killing him was the only mercy I could offer... had he been captured, his soul would have been torn apart into tiny fragments, and there'd be no trace left of your precious boy. Now, he will be reborn... but there's a darkness in his soul, and he will need help and guidance to overcome that. I will remember the good kid he was, but I ask that you move on, offer him the guidance he needs in the next life... Can you do that for your son?"

"Next like? Souls? I don't understand, my son is gone...my son is gone and I want revenge!"
The ghost screamed.
"He was just a boy and you killed him, he was defenseless...you could have let him live, or knocked him our or drugged him and left him but you killed him...I can not forgive that you killed my son."
The weeping spirit screamed as she stepped towards you, the other mages in the room tensing but as of yet they where not acting.

"Well, they already are for sure."

"I am glad to hear it."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.

"You're going to learn to make pictures?" he said, seeming a bit surprised. "Yeah, I have worked now with a lot of other types of magii but that was the hardest so far, I really don't grasp things at all the same way your Tradition does when it comes down to it."

"Well one picture mainly...I saw something...beautiful and I want to, express it, though I doubt I can do what I saw justice."
The Virtual Adept said and he looked into your eyes, deep in those dark eyes you could see his crystal cave, full of beautiful rock formations full of stored information, all the information in fact.
"But I lack the ability to express what I saw so I must learn."
He added.
"And yes I guess in some ways our Traditions are very far apart though we both can agree that knowledge is power and it is at the root of everything."

"Well, you did make a portal with some Hermetics. All of the symbols seemed half jibberish to me, but it looked cool. I think you inspired my brother to want to learn just for that."

"Yeah...sorry I guess I have seen to many fantasy movies and played to many games but when I work with Hermetics my magick always end up looking like video game spells I guess in a way the classical fantasy wizard is what I think about when I imagine a Hermetic, and you can tell your brother than when he have learned enough to have use of the information I would love to show him how to make a Diablo 2 town portal."
Narim said and he scratched his head a bit and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:41 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

A short silence, then flexed out her hands. 'And this is why I don't try to work you lot out; ends up giving me a fu... migraine.' sounding rather exasperated.

Serge's Post:

Anja's Posts:

'Fine... but no ducking out of it.' she replied, giving him a look before turning to Cava. 'As for Darrian... he's only worried about it because he feels you might worry. Bet if you asked him if he thought it was a good idea, he'd say "yes".'

Speako's Post:

'Quiet, you, or I...' a little frown '-will make you play tinny elevator musak for the rest of your life.' glaring at the speaker.

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Wouldn't work. You'd collide with all the previous versions of you sharing the same time and space. As for making one... it's really hard. And dangerous. Get one tiny thing wrong, and-' motioning a slit throat with a finger.

Anja's Post:

'That's because colours were invented by hippies in 1966. Before that, the whole world was black-and-white.' Nicole replied, the grin making it rather clear she was joking.

Anja's Posts:

'I'd like to see Dad again, if only once...' Nicole said wistfully for a moment. Then she blinked rapidly for a moment, as though she'd forgotten the presence of the other two. 'Um... I think you might find out that "why" one day, without a time machine.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"Oh..." he blushed a bit, though he was looking so pale and fatigued it didn't probably do much but he could feel it creeping over his face all the same. "She...ah, you know she had a crush on me? I had no idea. I'm oblivious and my feelings are...well, different for her and now we know why that is so. Anyway, thank you for the standing offer, I am sure I will take you up on it. I can fetch groceries in return or something, let me know what you need." He nodded to him, and shuffled out the door, looking like he was not long for sleep.
Colin smiled, "She may have let as much slip, yes, when we talked after i read Teomim's last speech for her... But yes, I mostly have the necessary groceries in stock, but a few more cans of tinned peas and some root vegetables would not go amiss - carrots, rutabagas, that sort of thing. But now, sleep well, son - you look like you need it."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:Fran nodded.
"That is probably for the best, remember that wounded vampires can be quite dangerous."
He nodded, "So they can, which is why I would rather avoid stressing her Beast... I know a little of their nature, and..."
He frowned, lowering his voice, "Hum, I wonder if the Beast could be gilguled? Might be worth looking into at a later date..."

Anja wrote:The old mage chuckled at that.
"Well never let it be said I can not be bribed in coffee."
He joked seaming amused.
He grinned, "But perhaps we should not advertise it too widely. Might lead to some different inconveniences."

Anja wrote:The vampiress cried out as you helped her up and some of her skin and flesh turned to dust around your hand, she stood rather unsteady and looked towards the the van and nodded.
"O...ok, strap me down that is okey I will not resist, anything is better than...other ways of restraints."
She muttered nervously.
"I am not going to cause trouble I promise."
He smiled sadly as he opened up the van door, "I'm sorry for any discomfort the vehicle's interior may cause us, but... strapping you down is as much for your safety as for mine. I don't think you would attack me out of desperation, but I know enough of the Beast not to chance it. It may comfort you that when we get to my shop, I will clear a corner for you to rest in, where nobody will bother you. All I ask is that you not try to leave; the alarm system in my shop will cause a spot of bother. And I will try to get you some blood - I was advised that you will need substantial amounts to heal, I'm afraid."

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:"Indeed we are, however Mr Wainwright, while I agree with the sentiment of helping this woman if possible, I will not just stand by and watch her harm you, if there are no other options, what have to be done will be done."
Jeffry said and the others nodded gravely to that.
He nodded, "Thank you - and I appreciate that. I merely ask that since I was indeed the one who wronged her, she will be given a chance to move on unharmed. But I would indeed prefer not to be harmed myself."

Anja wrote:"Next like? Souls? I don't understand, my son is gone...my son is gone and I want revenge!"
The ghost screamed.
"He was just a boy and you killed him, he was defenseless...you could have let him live, or knocked him our or drugged him and left him but you killed him...I can not forgive that you killed my son."
The weeping spirit screamed as she stepped towards you, the other mages in the room tensing but as of yet they where not acting.
He raised a hand, palm toward the ghost in a halting gesture, "Ma'am, what I did cannot be undone, and had I let him live, he might have survived... but all the parts that made him your precious boy would not; his soul would have been torn to pieces in the most painful experience anyone could have, and... if he survived, he would likely have withered into a husk of a man, lacking the will to even feed himself. He had no chance in this life, but he has another chance now. It was the only mercy I could offer him on the battlefield, and I pray it will be enough."
He gestured behind her, "Now, I have little power to harm you, and no wish to do so... but my associates behind you here are more than capable of ending you forever... or help you on the way to find your son and protect him from the darkness that has its claws in him. It is your choice. And either way, I will keep his shrine, and remember the bravest son a mother could ask for..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:38 pm

"Well one picture mainly...I saw something...beautiful and I want to, express it, though I doubt I can do what I saw justice."The Virtual Adept said and he looked into your eyes, deep in those dark eyes you could see his crystal cave, full of beautiful rock formations full of stored information, all the information in fact.

All the shit that had just happened, and the wound up feelings were forgotten a moment and he looked at him, probably an odd expression on his face, surprised and curious and unsure how he was able to perceive any of what he seemed to be perceiving. "Sometimes it's hard to explain some things very well." Which was as much an understatement as an accurate description of how he felt at the moment. For a few seconds, he felt better, that some of what he was feeling had been a fearful distraction that he did not know how to get rid of, illusions that stemmed from something real but were not present currently. Part of him knew that, the rest of him tried to react anyway, to be ahead of any threat, all he had to do was find them first...

"But I lack the ability to express what I saw so I must learn." He added.

He smiled a little. "That's how it goes..."

"Yeah...sorry I guess I have seen to many fantasy movies and played to many games but when I work with Hermetics my magick always end up looking like video game spells I guess in a way the classical fantasy wizard is what I think about when I imagine a Hermetic, and you can tell your brother than when he have learned enough to have use of the information I would love to show him how to make a Diablo 2 town portal."
Narim said and he scratched his head a bit and grinned.

"I'm sure he'd love that. I don't know if I want to lose him to House Thig though...did I tell you how I learned ars conjunctionionis or did I tell you that I would tell you later?" he asked, fighting at his anxiety and not really winning. But as soon as Narim started talking about the trials, he lost what grasp he had on the conversation and his composure.

Colin smiled, "She may have let as much slip, yes, when we talked after i read Teomim's last speech for her... But yes, I mostly have the necessary groceries in stock, but a few more cans of tinned peas and some root vegetables would not go amiss - carrots, rutabagas, that sort of thing. But now, sleep well, son - you look like you need it."

"Remind me to ask you what a rutabaga is, later." He gave him a wave and headed out.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 am

Anja wrote:Ange regarded you for a moment then she considered something before saying.
"Joking aside though kid, if you put the work in and learn how to teleport I will buy you a gaming console and a camera for it."
She promised.
"It would be a nice addition to your skills and with your understanding of shape and form you might be good at it."
Master Babu chuckle at that.
"Bribing your student Ange?"
She asked and your Mentor gave a coy smile.
"Motivating mother, I prefer to see it as motivating."

Serge chuckled at that. glad to see that, despite her stern appearance, Master Babu had a sense of humor in her. "Don't worry. I definitely plan on putting in the work. Regardless of if you get me a game console or not. I plan on learning a bunch of things and their doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to learn them all."

"Plus being able to blink to random places is motivation enough on it's own. Imagine how cool I'd be! I could suddenly appear right behind someone! Or disappear without a trace. And with mind magick I could make them ignore my presence so they don't even notice me appearing behind them or disappearing entirely!" he said excitedly, finding it easier to talk about more extravagant things with his mentor around.

Anja wrote:"What is this, have you not found yourself a Cabal yet child? Despite what your idiot uncle might indicate we come from the finest of lineages, magickal royalty, you should have a had a handful of Cabals begging for your membership already!"
Master Babu exclaimed and Ryan gave her a sour look.
"Do not come here and look at your elders like that young man, do not think I id not see you."
The older Cultist said and Ryan wisely looked away and kept his mouth shut. Ange sigh and looked at er Mentor.
"Let Serge make friends in his own time mother it is not a race."
She said and Master Babu only replied by sipping her tea but the look in her eyes told you that it very much was a race and she was not pleased.

"Well, it wasn't begging, but Master Morgan did advise the Cabal to let me join. That's why they invited me to the meeting. He thought I would be a good fit with them." Serge said nervously hoping to save face.

Looking to change the topic to a more pleasent one, Serge decided to ask about something that had been on his mind, as well as many other young cultists mind, for a while. "Speaking of Magickal Lineages. You were the apprentice for Master Marianna, right Master Babu? What was that like? What was she like?"

Anja wrote:After a few lessons Narim where improving quickly, at least on the technical side of things, shapes and forms and perspective all of that come naturally to him, the more artistic things though, matching colors, creating art rather than reproducing forms where a problem for him, but it might come in turn. This time when Narim opened the door to his apartment to let you in for his lesson though you could see that the Virtual Adept where worried, he seamed concerned and uneasy.
"Oh...hello Serge come in please."
He said but you could see that his mind was elsewhere than on his coming art lesson.
"Can I get you anything to drink?"
He asked politely.

"Hey Narim!" Serge said enthusiastically as he entered the room. His careful eyes only needed a quick glance of his facial expression to know that something was worrying him.

"Some water will be fine. You all right man? You seem a bit...distracted." Serge asked curiously.

[Nicole and Cava]

Nicole wrote:A short silence, then flexed out her hands. 'And this is why I don't try to work you lot out; ends up giving me a fu... migraine.' sounding rather exasperated.

"Well your in a building full of us. So hopefully your comfortable around us even if you don't understand us. Just remember aesthetic is more important than anything else. It's gotta look cool or else what's the point?" Serge said grinning.

Anja wrote:"Nooo don't lock Speako away!"
Cava said and shook her head.
"He will be good promise!"
Nicole wrote:'Quiet, you, or I...' a little frown '-will make you play tinny elevator musak for the rest of your life.' glaring at the speaker.

"Eeeeep!" screeched the tiny robot as the familiar sound of moving metal could be heard and Speako's arms and legs began to fold into herself, transforming back into a mundane speaker to hide from the giant.

"Cause threats of horrific torture and glares are always the best way to convince someone that your a nice person." Serge said with a smile taking a few more bites of his cake.

Anja wrote:'Wouldn't work. You'd collide with all the previous versions of you sharing the same time and space. As for making one... it's really hard. And dangerous. Get one tiny thing wrong, and-' motioning a slit throat with a finger.

"Death is a easy way out if you mess up time shenanigans. If you have even worse luck you'll get a visit from old man wrinkle." Serge said with a chuckle. "Which isn't as pleasant as it sounds."

Anja wrote:"I would like to go back and see my father and find out why everyone are so scared of him and everyone think he is a monster."
Cava said.
Nicole wrote:'I'd like to see Dad again, if only once...' Nicole said wistfully for a moment. Then she blinked rapidly for a moment, as though she'd forgotten the presence of the other two. 'Um... I think you might find out that "why" one day, without a time machine.'

"My dad wouldn't care either way. He'd probably be too busy with work to get a visit from me. Wouldn't be able to fit me into his schedule." Serge said bitterly. Then with a sigh he said, "Like Nicole said, you'll likely find out in due time Cava."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next