Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 10 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 pm

[Colin]

Colin smiled wryly, "I still think the name seems a bit too... jovial, for a figure of his dignity and purpose."

"You will have to complain about that to Miss Cole it was she who gave the guardian his name and it have kind of stuck, he do not seam to mind though, or perhaps he is just fond of the little Chorister."
George said sounding amused.

He grinned, "Does she ever... I'll tell you later. And you're welcome; it was the least I could do."

"Yes we can talk about it later."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"You are a good friend Colin."

He nodded, "Perhaps that's a good idea - I'm not sure that application will cause so much temporal disruption as to irk him greatly, though, but you never know."

"All magick can cause a backlash so I am not safe but no it is not the most vulgar application around. I have to learn to do it first though."
Cita said and smiled.

He nodded, swallowing dryly for a moment, "Excellent; I'll make sure its formatting matches the rest of the article and append it - and I'll make sure you get a copy of the whole thing, of course."

"Thank you I look forward to reading it Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and she smiled as she worked.

He smiled wryly and thought to Mia, 'Now, now, my dear - it wasn't all that bad, Cita even complimented you. Tell you what, we'll take a meditation break in the Node later, alright? Rest up and get a bit more grounded for tomorrow's trip?'

Mia seamed to settle down when you promised her to meditate in the Node later and she grumbled a little less though she was clearly not happy.

Out in the kitchen Beatrice gave a delighted squeal.
"I can work magick again...Colin see I can work magick again...I know you all promised me but I could not fully believe it...look look I can work magick again I am a mage...they could not destroy me...I can work magick again."
She cried happily and all but danced where she stood. Bruce lifted his hand to show a thumb now healed with a fresh, pink nail.
"So she can, we have our healer back."

[Serge]

"That's something I wouldn't mind doing as well. Making some kind of story. Doubt I have the skills...or the team...to make an animated show. And writing isn't my forte. But I wouldn't mind making a webcomic or something like that, alongside my art." Serge mused.

"You should do it, a web coming would be so cool."
Serge said.
"I am sure you could make something interesting. And yeah animating something is hard and take allot of equipment but a web comic you can do."

"I mean. I could do that. But that's boring." Serge said glancing around his room. He pointed to a cup that was sitting innocently far away on his kitchen countertop and said, "How about I toss whatever's in my pockets into that cup all the way over there. I feel like I could channel my inner NBA skills and land it in."

"If you want to potentially break the cup and probably have to pick everything up from the floor then you can do that it is your room after all, or you could be practical about it and let me put the items on the table."
Kyle said flatly.

[Nicole]

'Safe is relative. Detroit is very safe when compared to say, Syria. It's not like they're complete idiots either.'

"That might be so, but how safe is it compared to Boston, or for example Horizon?"
Richard said still sounding skeptical.

'But how to know who's the vampire and who's not...' ending with a smile.

"One can sense that with several types of magick."
The doctor replied.

'Well, better be off. Time for some breakfast and shit.'

"Yes like I said you have a bit low blood sugar."
Richard agreed.
"And I need to get to work. I will see you later Nicole."

[Adley]

"Ah...yes," he said with a grimace. "Well, perhaps my sora will wish some time to get to know him, too. We can figure it out later."

"I was thinking perhaps her apprentice can stay with Kyle, they are of roughly the same age, but we have to get Helena's permission for that."
Jeffry replied.

"Hrm, we can ask him if he would stop in to see her. Rest before we leave would be beneficial but...well, he seemed concerned for me the other day and it rubbed me the wrong way. I don't want that to happen to her, he means well of course...perhaps also her coven-sister could prepare her some tea. She mentioned to me that she had some for relaxing."

"I think perhaps Miss Alexander will take such help better than you mea filius."
Your Mentor said diplomatically.
"I think asking him to have a talk with her might be beneficial though talking with Miss Rozzo as well might be a good idea, she is an good herbalist."

Greetings,' he said in Enochian with a small smile. 'Do forgive me, but I do not recall your nickname. I assume you are waiting for a treat? Well, let us get your 'brood all here and we shall get you all fed, shall we?'

"I am Tiptoe."
The small imp sad and smiled.
"Yes I want a treat, I can get the others."
She begun when Poodle suddenly showed up.
"There is Poodle."
Tiptoe announced.
"Hi Master's Student I got two matches from the man with what I can not touch inside and a burned face and the little woman with what I can not touch inside to deliver a message to you. The man with what I can not touch inside and a burned face said he would show your Cabalmate the item and that you might want to be present for that."
Poodle said clearly proud of himself for delivering the message.

(OOC: Yes I will be using my computer here at my mother's place I only use my phone on the train.)
(OOC 2: Thank you Nicole.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 10 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'Places which should be reserved for newbies who have the street smarts of a kid from private school and the survival instinct of a lemming?'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... not helpful in my case.'

Anja's Post:

'Take care. Laters.' she said, giving him a nod and leaving to go back to her apartment.

[You're welcome]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 pm

[Nicole]

'Places which should be reserved for newbies who have the street smarts of a kid from private school and the survival instinct of a lemming?'

"You think one need to have zero street smarts and survival instincts to live here in Boston or on Horizon Nicole? Do one need to be in danger every say to have a good place to grow and learn?"
The Akashic asked and he raised an eyebrow.

Yeah... not helpful in my case.'

"Perhaps you can build a machine, some sort of sensor perhaps that can do the same."
Richard suggested.

Take care. Laters.' she said, giving him a nod and leaving to go back to her apartment.

"Yes the same, later."
Richard said and he headed down the stairs towards the garage to get to work. You got back to your apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Anja wrote:"You will have to complain about that to Miss Cole it was she who gave the guardian his name and it have kind of stuck, he do not seam to mind though, or perhaps he is just fond of the little Chorister."
George said sounding amused.
Colin smiled thinly, "More likely, I suspect, he does not have any basis of understanding how human names names might have associations and connotations. To him, it is probably just a word or phrase by which we can call him without drawing on his True Name. Very different from, say, Master Babu when I accidentally referred to her as Mr. Yager's 'gran'. She was not pleased with that particular honorific."

Anja wrote:"Yes we can talk about it later."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"You are a good friend Colin."
He grinned and ruffled her hair lightly, "You don't know the half of it, Bee... Nothing wrong with that; I didn't either, only two months ago, and things got very busy before I did..."

Anja wrote:"All magick can cause a backlash so I am not safe but no it is not the most vulgar application around. I have to learn to do it first though."
Cita said and smiled.
He nodded, "Once you crack it - and I'm assuming you will - I'm sure the ability to accelerate recovery will be a boon to your work and your patients."

Anja wrote:Mia seamed to settle down when you promised her to meditate in the Node later and she grumbled a little less though she was clearly not happy.

Out in the kitchen Beatrice gave a delighted squeal.
"I can work magick again...Colin see I can work magick again...I know you all promised me but I could not fully believe it...look look I can work magick again I am a mage...they could not destroy me...I can work magick again."
She cried happily and all but danced where she stood. Bruce lifted his hand to show a thumb now healed with a fresh, pink nail.
"So she can, we have our healer back."
He grinned and thought to Mia, 'There now, see, our little girl is all better and working magic, as she ought to.'
He nodded at Bruce's thumb, "Looks good to me... Now, I believe I had something to tell you in private, Beatrice... Bruce, Cita, I'll have to bid you good day; time to let our little girl in on a few secrets."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:42 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"You should do it, a web coming would be so cool."
Serge said.
"I am sure you could make something interesting. And yeah animating something is hard and take allot of equipment but a web comic you can do."

"Need to get better at digital art though." Serge said. "I'm decent but that's not good enough for me. I wanna buy one of those fancy drawing tablets that you can connect to your computer. I've always wanted to use those."

Anja wrote:"If you want to potentially break the cup and probably have to pick everything up from the floor then you can do that it is your room after all, or you could be practical about it and let me put the items on the table."
Kyle said flatly.

Serge thought to himself for a second and then without skipping a beat tossed one of his pocket pencil towards the cup. It spun through the air in the cups direction but his toss lacked strength and the pencil hit the ground long before it ever reach the countertop.

"Fuck. That's harder than it looks. Still think I could do it though." he said chuckling as he went back to work on the ceiling dragon.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 pm

[Adley]

"I think perhaps Miss Alexander will take such help better than you mea filius." Your Mentor said diplomatically. "I think asking him to have a talk with her might be beneficial though talking with Miss Rozzo as well might be a good idea, she is an good herbalist."

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean," he said to the first part, his tone befitting a slightly annoyed cat. "At any rate, I shall do so if I see them, it's something I'd rather do in person."

"I am Tiptoe." The small imp sad and smiled. "Yes I want a treat, I can get the others."

"That would be most helpful," he began, as Poodle suddenly showed up. "Ah, one less to fetch. Lighting a fire in the fireplace is like ringing the dinner bell."

"There is Poodle." Tiptoe announced.

"Indeed so, well done."

"Hi Master's Student I got two matches from the man with what I can not touch inside and a burned face and the little woman with what I can not touch inside to deliver a message to you. The man with what I can not touch inside and a burned face said he would show your Cabalmate the item and that you might want to be present for that." Poodle said clearly proud of himself for delivering the message.

"Greetings," he said to Poodle then listened to his message."Thank you, friend." He took his phone out and messaged Colin before stowing it back away:'Give me ten minutes, pls. Meet at yours.' Then he said to Tiptoe, 'Very well, let's get the rest of your brood together.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:20 pm

[Colin]

Colin smiled thinly, "More likely, I suspect, he does not have any basis of understanding how human names names might have associations and connotations. To him, it is probably just a word or phrase by which we can call him without drawing on his True Name. Very different from, say, Master Babu when I accidentally referred to her as Mr. Yager's 'gran'. She was not pleased with that particular honorific."

"I suspect you are right Mr Wainwight though the guardian do seam rather, well I would not say fond fo I am nto sure he is capable of such emotions, better to say protective of Miss Cole."
George said then he gave a chuckle.
"Ah yes indeed, and Master Babu is quite a character, she is kind but do not cross her."
He warned.

He grinned and ruffled her hair lightly, "You don't know the half of it, Bee... Nothing wrong with that; I didn't either, only two months ago, and things got very busy before I did..."

Beatrice gave you a bit of a confused look.
"Another thing to talk about later I presume then Colin?"
She asked and she gave you a bit of a grin.

He nodded, "Once you crack it - and I'm assuming you will - I'm sure the ability to accelerate recovery will be a boon to your work and your patients."

"I am not sure it will accelerate recovery, however when for example I cut Paradox out of someone's Avatar this is an unbelievably painful process, if I can make the operation quicker that means less suffering and less of a trauma for my patients."
Cita said and Beatrice shuddered. Cita winced.
"Sorry Bee."
She muttered.

He grinned and thought to Mia, 'There now, see, our little girl is all better and working magic, as she ought to.'

Mia seamed pleased with that and she smiled in your soul.

He nodded at Bruce's thumb, "Looks good to me... Now, I believe I had something to tell you in private, Beatrice... Bruce, Cita, I'll have to bid you good day; time to let our little girl in on a few secrets."

Bruce nodded.
"Yeah sure I have to get back to work."
He said. Beatrice nodded.
"Yes but I have to show Adley first Colin I have to find him and show him I can work magick again!"
She said excitedly before she turned and hugged Cita.
"Thank you Master Telar, thank you for saving my Avatar, thank you!"
The young Verbena said again and again an Cita patted her on her back gently.
"My pleasure Beatrice, my pleasure."

As you stand there ready to leave you heard your phone ping with the message from Adley.

[Serge]

"Need to get better at digital art though." Serge said. "I'm decent but that's not good enough for me. I wanna buy one of those fancy drawing tablets that you can connect to your computer. I've always wanted to use those."

"Could you not just draw on regular paper and then scan the drawing and put that up?"
Kyle asked.
"But yeah those tablets are petty cool, and some of them have just awesome screens."

Serge thought to himself for a second and then without skipping a beat tossed one of his pocket pencil towards the cup. It spun through the air in the cups direction but his toss lacked strength and the pencil hit the ground long before it ever reach the countertop.

"Fuck. That's harder than it looks. Still think I could do it though." he said chuckling as he went back to work on the ceiling dragon.

"You probably could do it if you put in the work to train on it."
Kyle muttered with a bit of a sigh as he went back to his car drawing.

[Adley]

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean," he said to the first part, his tone befitting a slightly annoyed cat. "At any rate, I shall do so if I see them, it's something I'd rather do in person."

"No...I suspect you do not an this might not be the time to get into it in detail."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"But I do agree it is something better discussed in person with Miss Rozzo and Mr Yager."

"That would be most helpful," he began, as Poodle suddenly showed up. "Ah, one less to fetch. Lighting a fire in the fireplace is like ringing the dinner bell."

"I will go get the others."
Tiptoe said and vanished. Poodle grinned at you.
"I am here, I like nom noms!"
He declared happily.

"Indeed so, well done."

Tiptoe grinned at this before she vanished to get the others.

"Greetings," he said to Poodle then listened to his message."Thank you, friend." He took his phone out and messaged Colin before stowing it back away: : Give me ten minutes, pls. Meet at yours.' Then he said to Tiptoe, 'Very well, let's get the rest of your brood together.'

It did not take long for the entire brood to be gathered in the fireplace. All of them rushing out of the flames to hug your legs. Shy Streak sort of hid behind you while Curly jumped up and down.
"Master's Student, Master's Student!"
She said excitedly.
"I found the others."
Tiptoe declared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:44 pm

"No...I suspect you do not an this might not be the time to get into it in detail."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"But I do agree it is something better discussed in person with Miss Rozzo and Mr Yager."

He nodded. "I will find them sometime today, if I don't see them in passing."

"I am here, I like nom noms!" He declared happily.

"Good; I know patience is a hard won virtue for you but soon you will be fed."

It did not take long for the entire brood to be gathered in the fireplace. All of them rushing out of the flames to hug your legs. Shy Streak sort of hid behind you while Curly jumped up and down.
"Master's Student, Master's Student!"
She said excitedly.
"I found the others."
Tiptoe declared.

He laughed as he was suddenly mobbed by imps and did a run down count to make sure he had six - Poodle, Droplets, Streak, Curly, Tiptoe, and one more - before he fed them. "Alright, all of you line up in front of the fireplace please. No pushing, no shoving, no taking more than your personal share and no stealing from each other and no giving each other trouble for who got theirs first or last. You may leave after you've been fed, to return to whatever task if you were given. Behave poorly and I will tell your Master, who will be displeased and it will not win you any favors with me either." He then gave each of the imps one measure of the tass each, starting with Tiptoe who had fetched everyone then Streak so the shy imp could make a hasty escape before Curly's attention span drifted to him out of boredom.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:55 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'You know what I mean; both of those are safer places than Detroit. This means they're better for newbies who aren't that worldly or able to defend themselves.'

[Apartment]

On getting back, Nicole went to explore that plated meal, then to consume it if consumable. All the while keeping an eye on her phone in case...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Anja wrote:"I suspect you are right Mr Wainwight though the guardian do seam rather, well I would not say fond fo I am nto sure he is capable of such emotions, better to say protective of Miss Cole."
George said then he gave a chuckle.
"Ah yes indeed, and Master Babu is quite a character, she is kind but do not cross her."
He warned.
Colin nodded, "She is indeed a Grand Dame."

Anja wrote:Beatrice gave you a bit of a confused look.
"Another thing to talk about later I presume then Colin?"
She asked and she gave you a bit of a grin.
He simply nodded, expression serious.

Anja wrote:Bruce nodded.
"Yeah sure I have to get back to work."
He said. Beatrice nodded.
"Yes but I have to show Adley first Colin I have to find him and show him I can work magick again!"
She said excitedly before she turned and hugged Cita.
"Thank you Master Telar, thank you for saving my Avatar, thank you!"
The young Verbena said again and again an Cita patted her on her back gently.
"My pleasure Beatrice, my pleasure."

As you stand there ready to leave you heard your phone ping with the message from Adley.
He smiled to Beatrice, "Adley will join us in ten minutes. You can show him then. While we wait, perhaps Anna will be willing to show you her paintings or marble collection? Shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:15 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Could you not just draw on regular paper and then scan the drawing and put that up?"
Kyle asked.
"But yeah those tablets are petty cool, and some of them have just awesome screens."

"I could, but I think webcomics look better when their rendered digitally. Most of the ones you see online are made digitally." Serge said evenly. "That just a personal preference though. Making a webcomic does make a good excuse for expanding my own artistic abilities. I can't always rely on pencils. That's boring. I gotta try something new."

Anja wrote:"You probably could do it if you put in the work to train on it."
Kyle muttered with a bit of a sigh as he went back to his car drawing.

"Train? I guess. Although that takes too long and is kinda dull. Bet if I just believe in myself, the pencil will make it in easily." Serge said with a chuckle clearly joking.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:08 am

[Serge]

"I could, but I think webcomics look better when their rendered digitally. Most of the ones you see online are made digitally." Serge said evenly.

"Really? I did not know that."
Kyle said and nodded.
"That makes sense I guess."

"That just a personal preference though. Making a webcomic does make a good excuse for expanding my own artistic abilities. I can't always rely on pencils. That's boring. I gotta try something new."

"Yeah I get you, well you could try to take more commissions in order to be able to afford such a tablet."
The young mage said and smiled.

"Train? Nah. That takes too long and is kinda dull. All I gotta do is believe in myself and the pencil will make it in easily." Serge said with a chuckle clearly joking.

"I do not think it wok that way Kyle unless you want to learn magick to do it and then you have to learn that. Every time someone can do something cool with seaming ease there are many, many hours of training and work behind that."
The practical young Hermetic said.

[Colin]

Colin nodded, "She is indeed a Grand Dame."

"That she is, that she very much is, and she will make an good ally if you manage to win her favor."
George said and smiled.

He smiled to Beatrice, "Adley will join us in ten minutes. You can show him then. While we wait, perhaps Anna will be willing to show you her paintings or marble collection? Shall we?"

"Yes...off course I am so sorry, I just got to exited."
Beatrice said and she sounded a bit embaassed as she let go of Cita. Master Telar just smiled.
"I am happy for you Bee."
She said and Beatrice smiled to her then she nodded to you.
"Yes let us go...and thank you again Master Telar, thank you so much."
She said as she joined you and Bruce as you left the Spirit Master's room.
"Seeing Ana's marble collection will be lovely."
Bee said then she grinnd again.
"I can do magick again, did you notice I can do magick again."
She sai again happily.
"I really can!"

[Nicole]

'You know what I mean; both of those are safer places than Detroit. This means they're better for newbies who aren't that worldly or able to defend themselves.'

"This is true but I would rather the kids did not have to defend themselves while they are learning."
Richard said and frowned.
"It is hard enough to be a newly Awakened mage."

On getting back, Nicole went to explore that plated meal, then to consume it if consumable. All the while keeping an eye on her phone in case...

The food Colin had made had gotten a little cold but it was quite delicious, a really nice English breakfast. Your phone did not ring just yet probably updates would take a little time.

[Adley]

He nodded. "I will find them sometime today, if I don't see them in passing."

Jeffry nodded at this.
"Good good we have a plan for that then."

"Good; I know patience is a hard won virtue for you but soon you will be fed."

"What is patience Master's Student?"
Poodle said he looked at you with a puzzled look in his ember eyes.

He laughed as he was suddenly mobbed by imps and did a run down count to make sure he had six - Poodle, Droplets, Streak, Curly, Tiptoe, and one more - before he fed them.

The last imp where as chubby as Curly, one of the flames on his head was green, he looked at you with his glowing ember eyes and jumped up and down happily with the rest of the imps, you had all six of them, an they where all excitedly dancing around your feet like kittens, if kittens where somewhat humanoid flames with glowing embers for eyes and little devil's tails with a flame on the end.

"Alright, all of you line up in front of the fireplace please. No pushing, no shoving, no taking more than your personal share and no stealing from each other and no giving each other trouble for who got theirs first or last. You may leave after you've been fed, to return to whatever task if you were given. Behave poorly and I will tell your Master, who will be displeased and it will not win you any favors with me either." He then gave each of the imps one measure of the tass each, starting with Tiptoe who had fetched everyone then Streak so the shy imp could make a hasty escape before Curly's attention span drifted to him out of boredom.

"I am watching Master's younger student, he is drawing a car on a wall."
Droplet said as he got in line. You sort of got the imps to line up...sort of but it took ca five secons before Curly made a run for the Tass an then the others rushed towars you again all of them talking at once. Droplets and Poodle got their tails tangles together and the two imps started crying. Which Curly found found so she jumped the two distressed imps. This scared Streak so he ran behind your feet to hide. Tiptoe who had gotten her food looked at it longingly then broke it intwo to give one to Poodle and one to Droplet to get them to stop crying and the one with the green streak just jumped up an down and danced. these imps where not good at just lining up like soldiers waiting to be fed and having fed just one fo them you now had a chaos on your hands.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:58 am

[Adley]

He would have facepalmed if he had time, but it was best to learn and deal with them all before something worse happened (how /did/ they trip on themselves, just /how/!!). First, he made sure Curly didn't inhale all the tass and took note that the bit he'd given one of them got split in half for two others, meaning Tiptoe still had to be fed. It was like herding cats, if cats were on fire and talked back. "All of you stop in place!" he said, in a tone that broached no arguments - not mean, but one that broached no arguments. "New game," he said quickly, off the top of his head trying to reign in the chaos enough to get them fed and back to their tasks.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 am

Anja wrote:"That she is, that she very much is, and she will make an good ally if you manage to win her favor."
George said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "That I will believe... and I think I have her safely in my corner, for now. We had a small chat in my workshop when she visited, concerning some worries raised by Lady Marianna."

Anja wrote:"Yes...off course I am so sorry, I just got to exited."
Beatrice said and she sounded a bit embaassed as she let go of Cita. Master Telar just smiled.
"I am happy for you Bee."
She said and Beatrice smiled to her then she nodded to you.
"Yes let us go...and thank you again Master Telar, thank you so much."
She said as she joined you and Bruce as you left the Spirit Master's room.
"Seeing Ana's marble collection will be lovely."
Bee said then she grinnd again.
"I can do magick again, did you notice I can do magick again."
She sai again happily.
"I really can!"
He grinned, "I noticed. Just be careful not to get too excited, Bee - might not be too good for your heart. And mind yourself a little, please - Anna is still restricted in what she can use, so you might want to go a little easy on showing off."
He led her over to his own apartment and let them in, heading over to the window to open it and look outside, "I wonder if Jareth's come down here for the day?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:38 am

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'Yes. But they're not exactly newbies to this either. And they can stick to the safer parts of the city.'

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Nicole ate the meal, thinking about what the hell was going on with the cybernetics. Halfway through, fired up her laptop, went on to the forum which had a few like her lurking on it to see if there was any news on it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:41 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Really? I did not know that."
Kyle said and nodded.
"That makes sense I guess."

"Loads are made digitally. Off the top of my head Order of the stick, SMBC, and I think cyanide and happiness are all made digitally." Serge said after a bit of thought. "Don't quote me on that though."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I get you, well you could try to take more commissions in order to be able to afford such a tablet."
The young mage said and smiled.

"That would be the ideal path if I wasn't so shit with money." the ecstatic said with a chuckle. "Like, I know I should save up money for the tablet. But knowing me I'll probably spend all of my money on nerf guns the first chance I get. Cause I've always wanted a nerf gun."

Anja wrote:"I do not think it wok that way Kyle unless you want to learn magick to do it and then you have to learn that. Every time someone can do something cool with seaming ease there are many, many hours of training and work behind that."
The practical young Hermetic said.

"I know. I know. I was joking." Serge said absentmindedly as he added various detail to the dragon. "Wish it wasn't like that though. Such an annoying limitation."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 am

[Adley]

He would have facepalmed if he had time, but it was best to learn and deal with them all before something worse happened (how /did/ they trip on themselves, just /how/!!). First, he made sure Curly didn't inhale all the tass and took note that the bit he'd given one of them got split in half for two others, meaning Tiptoe still had to be fed. It was like herding cats, if cats were on fire and talked back. "All of you stop in place!" he said, in a tone that broached no arguments - not mean, but one that broached no arguments. "New game," he said quickly, off the top of his head trying to reign in the chaos enough to get them fed and back to their tasks.

"What game Mentor's Student?"
Curly said as she stopped trying to get a hold of the Tass and she jumped up and down eager for the new game. The imps stopped moving fo about three seconds then they ran around again.
"I am stuck....I am stuck!"
Poodle cried.
"I am stuck to!"
Droplet complained. Tiptoe and the one you did not yet know the name of was jumping happily up and down trying to get your attention and then all the imps started talking over one another again and they where just a mass of limbs an fire around your feet.

[Colin]

Colin nodded, "That I will believe... and I think I have her safely in my corner, for now. We had a small chat in my workshop when she visited, concerning some worries raised by Lady Marianna."

"Good, she is a formidable mage and quite wise in her way even if she is a frank woman who will say exactly what she pleases at any given time."
George said an smiled.
"A grand dame indeed."

He grinned, "I noticed. Just be careful not to get too excited, Bee - might not be too good for your heart. And mind yourself a little, please - Anna is still restricted in what she can use, so you might want to go a little easy on showing off."

"My heart Colin is perfect, Richard says so. As for Anna you know me better than that my friend, I would never do anything to make her feel uncomfortable no matter how relieved and exited I am."
Beatrice said and she frowned a bit.

He led her over to his own apartment and let them in, heading over to the window to open it and look outside, "I wonder if Jareth's come down here for the day?"

Jareth sat right outside the winow with a leaf in his beak, he made a happy sound when he saw you and jumped inside and placed the colorful leaf at your feet.
"Aww he have a gift for you."
Beatrice said.
"He is so adorable."
From inside Anna's room you heard your apprentice calling.
"Dad is that you?"

[Nicole]

(Infirmary)

'Yes. But they're not exactly newbies to this either. And they can stick to the safer parts of the city.'

Yes you are right about that I guess. Anyway I hope you find a good solution for them."
Richard said.

(Nicole's room)

Nicole ate the meal, thinking about what the hell was going on with the cybernetics. Halfway through, fired up her laptop, went on to the forum which had a few like her lurking on it to see if there was any news on it.

You fired up the forum, most of the posts where pretty normal but one user you knew had cybernetics who called himself Barrett had written a post which simply said.
"Is something going on, you know who I am referring to, can everyone please check in."
Under the post where some of the regular users asking what he was talking about though he provided no details.

[Serge]

"Loads are made digitally. Off the top of my head Order of the stick, SMBC, and I think cyanide and happiness are all made digitally." Serge said after a bit of thought. "Don't quote me on that though."

"I did not know that Serge but it do make sense. I am sure you would be good at making such comics though."
Kyle said and smiled.

"That would be the ideal path if I wasn't so shit with money." the ecstatic said with a chuckle. "Like, I know I should save up money for the tablet. But knowing me I'll probably spend all of my money on nerf guns the first chance I get. Cause I've always wanted a nerf gun."

"I guess you have to ask yourself what you want more, the tablet, or the nerf gun. I mean if you want the tablet more than saving money should not be to hard."
The young Hermetic commented.

"I know. I know. I was joking." Serge said absentmindedly as he added various detail to the dragon. "Wish it wasn't like that though. Such an annoying limitation."

"I am glad it is not that way since then either everyone would have every skill and there would be no variation or someone would just be born to be cool and be able to do everything with no practice and everyone else would have no chance which would be no fun."
Kyle said and shook his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:09 am

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'I hope so too.' ending with a little smile.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

She considered this for a moment, then opened the Personal Message page and began to write;

'Yes. Confirmed failures and deaths. Something is up, not sure what.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 am

Anja wrote:"Good, she is a formidable mage and quite wise in her way even if she is a frank woman who will say exactly what she pleases at any given time."
George said an smiled.
"A grand dame indeed."
Colin grinned, "She's... unrestrained, but she still weighs her words carefully; she's aware of potential consequences. Very much so."

Anja wrote:"My heart Colin is perfect, Richard says so. As for Anna you know me better than that my friend, I would never do anything to make her feel uncomfortable no matter how relieved and exited I am."
Beatrice said and she frowned a bit.
He smiled with relief, "Well, good... You've not been eating or sleeping as well as you ought to lately, so I was worried that might have worse effects on your health than... well, you're a Verbena, and a very good healer at that; such minor annoyances as side effects from fasting shouldn't be an issue in any case. And I'm not saying you'd do something to make Anna feel uncomfortable, as such, I'm just a little worried you might overwhelm her a little with your enthusiasm."

Anja wrote:Jareth sat right outside the winow with a leaf in his beak, he made a happy sound when he saw you and jumped inside and placed the colorful leaf at your feet.
"Aww he have a gift for you."
Beatrice said.
"He is so adorable."
From inside Anna's room you heard your apprentice calling.
"Dad is that you?"
He smiled and picked up the leaf, placing it neatly in an egg cup with a few other such gifts from Jareth, and gave the owl a little scritch on the head, "Thank you, Jareth."
Turning to Anna's door, he responded, "Yes, and I have a guest, plus another one will be coming over in a few minutes. You might wish to stay for the little meeting, since what I'm about to tell concerns you, too. Also, would you care to show Beatrice some of your paintings?"

((OOC: Barrett, huh? Does he have a gun where his right hand should be? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm

[Nicole]

(Infirmary]

'I hope so too.' ending with a little smile.

"Let me know if you need any help with those newly Awakened Nicole."
Richard offered.

(Nicole's Apartment)

She considered this for a moment, then opened the Personal Message page and began to write;

'Yes. Confirmed failures and deaths. Something is up, not sure what.'

You got a reply from "Barnett" which said.

"I know of several who are sick badly sick, do you know what is going on?"

[Colin]

Colin grinned, "She's... unrestrained, but she still weighs her words carefully; she's aware of potential consequences. Very much so."

"Oh very much so she is a skilled politician and she very much know the consequences of her words but yes she is delightfully unrestrained."
George said.

He smiled with relief, "Well, good... You've not been eating or sleeping as well as you ought to lately, so I was worried that might have worse effects on your health than... well, you're a Verbena, and a very good healer at that; such minor annoyances as side effects from fasting shouldn't be an issue in any case.

"It is not healthy for me either to go without sleep for to long but my heart is fine and yes my studies in life do better my my health."
Beatrice said.
"I try to eat though, at least I have some soup so I get nourishment but not enough and I have a problem sleeping..."
She muttered.
"But don't worry about me, Richard have given me a complete check up."

And I'm not saying you'd do something to make Anna feel uncomfortable, as such, I'm just a little worried you might overwhelm her a little with your enthusiasm."

"I will make sure not to show my enthusiasm to much, and I would not show off magick in front of her, though I might not be able to stop myself from bouncing a bit."
Bee said with a slight smile.

He smiled and picked up the leaf, placing it neatly in an egg cup with a few other such gifts from Jareth, and gave the owl a little scritch on the head, "Thank you, Jareth."

Jareth looked very proud over the gift he had brought home and he leaned his head towards your hand happily. Beatrice smiled.
"He is gorgeous, he is one of Duncan's children is he not?"

Turning to Anna's door, he responded, "Yes, and I have a guest, plus another one will be coming over in a few minutes. You might wish to stay for the little meeting, since what I'm about to tell concerns you, too. Also, would you care to show Beatrice some of your paintings?"

"I am coming dad, I will bring the painting."
Anna said and she headed out of the room, she had with her a painting of a swirly planet with rings around it, seen from the side filling half the canvas and then where was moons around it and black space.
"That is beautiful Anna."
Beatrice said and Anna smiled.
"It is not quite done yet Miss Alexander and I am going to add glitter paint to the rings."
The young apprentice said and Beatrice smiled.
"That will be lovely."
Anna held up the painting to you as well.
"Look dad, it is almost done."

(OOC: I think it is more likely that he have a nice collection of JRPGs.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Anja wrote:"It is not healthy for me either to go without sleep for to long but my heart is fine and yes my studies in life do better my my health."
Beatrice said.
"I try to eat though, at least I have some soup so I get nourishment but not enough and I have a problem sleeping..."
She muttered.
"But don't worry about me, Richard have given me a complete check up."
Colin smiled, "Well, that's good. Dealing with the lack of appetite and sleep will be even better."

Anja wrote:Jareth looked very proud over the gift he had brought home and he leaned his head towards your hand happily. Beatrice smiled.
"He is gorgeous, he is one of Duncan's children is he not?"
He nodded, "We met by your Tree, when Adley and I needed a bit of backup after being pursued by a few of the Fallen. Duncan brought family to help, and Jareth took a liking to me."

Anja wrote:"I am coming dad, I will bring the painting."
Anna said and she headed out of the room, she had with her a painting of a swirly planet with rings around it, seen from the side filling half the canvas and then where was moons around it and black space.
"That is beautiful Anna."
Beatrice said and Anna smiled.
"It is not quite done yet Miss Alexander and I am going to add glitter paint to the rings."
The young apprentice said and Beatrice smiled.
"That will be lovely."
Anna held up the painting to you as well.
"Look dad, it is almost done."
He smiled and nodded, "Good work, Sweetie. Perhaps a touch of glitter to the blackness of space, too, for the distant stars?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:03 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

She nodded to this.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'No I dont know. Was just told about it by my Doc who called to see if I was dead'. Nicole messaged back.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"I guess you have to ask yourself what you want more, the tablet, or the nerf gun. I mean if you want the tablet more than saving money should not be to hard."
The young Hermetic commented.

"If only it were the simple. I'm afraid I'll either spend all my money in a fit of passion or hoard it all as I get paralyzed by indecision." Serge said with a chuckle. "Any expensive items in your sight? Perhaps a gold-plated book?"

Anja wrote:"I am glad it is not that way since then either everyone would have every skill and there would be no variation or someone would just be born to be cool and be able to do everything with no practice and everyone else would have no chance which would be no fun."
Kyle said and shook his head.

"Guess that's where we differ. I think it'd be amazing. People would still be people. They'd have personal preferences and be free to choose what they want to do and free to experiment with various different skills. If they didn't like one it would be no problem since they could simply choose another skill." Serge with a shrug, "I remember hearing constantly in university about people who regretted their lives. They hated the skills they had worked so hard to build, either because they didn't have any interest or those skills didn't help them in their life. If so much work wasn't necessary to build those skills up, people would be free to do whatever they wanted."

Then with a sigh he said, "But I know at the end of the day that's an overly optimistic look at it. Still think it'd be pretty fun though."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 pm

[Adley]

"Let me show you..." Maybe patience was not one of his virtues, in particular either, he thought as he watched the rolling mass of imps at his feet. He reached over and disentangled Droplets from Poodle and picked him up to hand feed them and give them a bounce in the air for fun, making sure they ate the food and left. [i]"Off you to to your task,"[i] he said, with a bit of authority in his tone. Then he went for another before the imps could think about what was going on. Reactive as they were, he was going to have to get them fed quickly.

// lol - what Adley is dealing with atm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdpG8JslTCA&fbclid=IwAR1SvACT1pxUMWimvuepfhLDRwLchRvFDPKG1KXtSlH5_pIeW2EKkS_dCZM

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:59 pm

[Colin]

Colin smiled, "Well, that's good. Dealing with the lack of appetite and sleep will be even better."

"Yes...probably but that is not that easy to do."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little sadly.

He nodded, "We met by your Tree, when Adley and I needed a bit of backup after being pursued by a few of the Fallen. Duncan brought family to help, and Jareth took a liking to me."

"That is nice...ah our tree I hope it is doing well."
The young Verbena said.
"It seams like you have found a good friend here."

He smiled and nodded, "Good work, Sweetie. Perhaps a touch of glitter to the blackness of space, too, for the distant stars?"

"Yeah that is a really good idea Dad, I have some glitter paint, I will add a bit when I have filled out all the spaces."
Anna agreed with a smile.

[Nicole]

'No I dont know. Was just told about it by my Doc who called to see if I was dead'. Nicole messaged back.

A reply popped back onto the conversation.
"Keep in touch, I will update the forum when I hear much."

[Serge]

"If only it were the simple. I'm afraid I'll either spend all my money in a fit of passion or hoard it all as I get paralyzed by indecision." Serge said with a chuckle. "Any expensive items in your sight? Perhaps a gold-plated book?"

"I would like a new computer, and also a new X-Box."
Kyle said.
"I do not have allot of money to save though. I understand your problem though I think this is something you need to work on if you want to succeed in life as an adult."

"Guess that's where we differ. I think it'd be amazing. People would still be people. They'd have personal preferences and be free to choose what they want to do and free to experiment with various different skills. If they didn't like one it would be no problem since they could simply choose another skill." Serge with a shrug, "I remember hearing constantly in university about people who regretted their lives. They hated the skills they had worked so hard to build, either because they didn't have any interest or those skills didn't help them in their life. If so much work wasn't necessary to build those skills up, people would be free to do whatever they wanted."

Then with a sigh he said, "But I know at the end of the day that's an overly optimistic look at it. Still think it'd be pretty fun though."

"If everyone can do anything they put their minds to with no time or effort to learn then no skill would have any value. It would be like if they just wildly printed money then those pieces of paper would be completely worthless. The reason skills have value is that it takes time and effort to learn so no it would not be fun it would be horrifying, no longer would a worker have any way to advocate for their pay or fair treatment as another worker could do their job just as well, there would be no point in admiring art as anyone could create the same, that people would have different interests is invalid point as the reason why that matter is that though interests we get different skills. In fact what you describe would be a good way for the Nephandi to destroy society."
Kyle said as he continued drawing.
"Making something easier and devoid of effort do not make something better."

[Adley]

"Let me show you..." Maybe patience was not one of his virtues, in particular either, he thought as he watched the rolling mass of imps at his feet. He reached over and disentangled Droplets from Poodle and picked him up to hand feed them and give them a bounce in the air for fun, making sure they ate the food and left. [i]"Off you to to your task,"[i] he said, with a bit of authority in his tone. Then he went for another before the imps could think about what was going on. Reactive as they were, he was going to have to get them fed quickly.

"Thank you Master's Student."
Droplet said happily.
Poodle jumped around.
"My tail is free."
It seamed that your plan worked as you picked up the imps one by one, fed them and sent them of, the little spirits giggled joyfully when they got their treat and got a bit of a toss in the air and then they vanished as you ordered them to, and then finally, after you had fed the little imp with the green stripe, the last one there was finally silence and the gaggle of imps where gone.

(OOC: Yeah that is exactly what Adley is dealing with.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next