Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 6 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:14 pm

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

On arrival, she ran an eye over the infirmary, wondering how the hell they'd have got the beds up to the forth floor without being able to teleport them.

'Hi.' she began nervously, on having to address the doctor. 'Got a call this morning; folk with cybernetics are seeing them fail. Worse, afterwards they get a fever. Heard three had died already from it. Was advised to get myself checked.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 6 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:25 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"I could check for you i you wish to see if they are magick, it is not a difficult spell."
Kyle offered.
"I might as well use my magick while I have it eh? Where did you get the magickal canyons by the way? I bet you have an interesting story about that."

"Sure thing. Tell me what else you see in my room. I practice a lot of my magick in here. I've always wondered what it was like through magick vision." Serge replied.

"As for the magick crayons. It's actually not that interesting of a story. They were a gift from Deaconess O'Connor on my first day at the chantry."

Anja wrote:"You are really effective with your drawings?"
Kyle muttered.
"There are so many of them."
He said in wonder as he looked around your room.

"Relax. It's not that impressive." Serge said chuckling a little, although it clear he enjoyed the praise. "Once you do something long enough, you learn all of the shortcuts and ways to save time. Plus I don't really have much else to do most of the time. Anyways most of this stuff isn't even done yet. There's still a lot more work to do before any of these drawings can be considered done."

Anja wrote:"Sounds good, let us go for that."
The younger mage said.
"What sort of paints do you use?"

"I don't use paints. Serge corrected. "Should probably learn how but I'm lazy. I mostly do line art. Stuff with pencils, pens, markers. I found that a lot easier than paints."

Anja wrote:"I am glad for you Serge, have you been asked to make something fun?"
The young Hermetic asked.
"Do that mean you are earning your own money now?"

"Not much. Mostly small picture of someones dog doing something silly or someones DnD character." Serge explained. "And yeah I've been making a little bit of money here and there. Nothing big but it's still nice. Most of it is going to my Mentor to repay her for all of the furniture. Couldn't have bought most of this stuff if it wasn't for her."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure...here you go."
Kyle said and he fetched a pencil from your desk and tossed it up to you.
"Anything else you need?"

Serge caught it in one hand and then went to work, slowly making adjustments to the dragons face, adding scales and other such details. Kyle would notice that Serge paced around the table as he worked, trying to look at the dragon's face from different angles but getting precariously close to the edge of the table at times.

"Not anything yet. While you have my art supplies you can try drawing something on one of my walls. Don't be shy. You can draw anything that comes to mind."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:26 am

[Nicole]

On arrival, she ran an eye over the infirmary, wondering how the hell they'd have got the beds up to the forth floor without being able to teleport them.

Chances where they teleported the beds up here or took them in through the Umbra.

'Hi.' she began nervously, on having to address the doctor. 'Got a call this morning; folk with cybernetics are seeing them fail. Worse, afterwards they get a fever. Heard three had died already from it. Was advised to get myself checked.'

"Oh my, that is not good."
Richard said and he turned around.
"Do you know anything more about what happened to these people?"
He asked then he indicated the chair.
"Please sit, I do not know that much about cybernetics but what I suggest that we do is check for any bacterial infection, take your temperature, blood pressure and that I examine the skin around your arm to look for any signs of illness, I can also draw some blood to have analyzed at the hospital, a standard battery of tests and to finish it of I can check you over with magick as well to see if that detect anything moern medicine can't?"
He suggested as he pulled some gloves on.
"Have you been feeling any different?"

[Serge]

"Sure thing. Tell me what else you see in my room. I practice a lot of my magick in here. I've always wondered what it was like through magick vision." Serge replied.

"As for the magick crayons. It's actually not that interesting of a story. They were a gift from Deaconess O'Connor on my first day at the chantry."

The young mage nodded and he begun doing a series of hand gestures and muttered something in Latin and then e looked at your crayon drawing and around your room generally.
"Yes the Crayons are magickal and they are very Dynamic."
He said then as he looked around.
"Interesting, there is allot of residue of magick here, your trap is magick off course, but there is magick all over the place and a generally very Dynamic Resonance."
The young mage said as he ended his spell and looked at you.
"Deaconess O'Connor gave you the crayons? That is pretty cool actually. Do you think it is true what you say that she have fay blood in her veins."

"Relax. It's not that impressive." Serge said chuckling a little, although it clear he enjoyed the praise. "Once you do something long enough, you learn all of the shortcuts and ways to save time. Plus I don't really have much else to do most of the time. Anyways most of this stuff isn't even done yet. There's still a lot more work to do before any of these drawings can be considered done."

"It is still pretty impressive, and so many cool drawings."
Kyle said and looked around.
"How do you know when a drawing is complete."

"I don't use paints. Serge corrected. "Should probably learn how but I'm lazy. I mostly do line art. Stuff with pencils, pens, markers. I found that a lot easier than paints."

"But do that stick well to the walls or the roof? Do you use some sort of selant to keep it in place?"
Kyle asked.

"Not much. Mostly small picture of someones dog doing something silly or someones DnD character." Serge explained. "And yeah I've been making a little bit of money here and there. Nothing big but it's still nice. Most of it is going to my Mentor to repay her for all of the furniture. Couldn't have bought most of this stuff if it wasn't for her."

"Even so that is pretty cool."
Kyle agreed.
"And it is important to pay back loans. Your apartment have turned out nice though."

Serge caught it in one hand and then went to work, slowly making adjustments to the dragons face, adding scales and other such details. Kyle would notice that Serge paced around the table as he worked, trying to look at the dragon's face from different angles but getting precariously close to the edge of the table at times.

"Not anything yet. While you have my art supplies you can try drawing something on one of my walls. Don't be shy. You can draw anything that comes to mind."

"Ok...I can try...ehm don't fall off the table Serge be careful."
Kyle said as he sat down by a blank area of wall and opened up something on his phone to have something to look after, when he cold follow a picture of one of the Ridge Racer cars he could draw it decently but he needed a picture to draw from.

[Colin]

Colin snorted almost imperceptibly, "Vaccines were a victory for all humanity, not just the Progenitors. Let's not afford them any greater factional victories than we have to."

"That is true that they where, healing is one thing, it is wonderful but if one can prevent illness tat is better and there are magickal means to prevent illness, wards an charms and they work but not everyone have access to magick, that is the thing with technomagick, due to the Paradigm it eventually become available to everyone."
Kristina agreed.

He nodded, "Pretty much - though I'm sure we'll find plenty more time to talk later... Well, see you when you get home, Freddy."

"Please say hello to Adley for me if you see him before me today would you Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and smiled and he blushed a little. Freddy nodded to you.
"Yes see you tonight love."
She said and smiled to you as you left.

He bowed respectfully and stepped inside, "Good morning, Sir, I figured you would expect me even before I decided to swing by. Since I'll be leaving for Horizon tomorrow, I thought I would invite you to dinner with my family tonight - we're having pasta and pesto, your Housemate Udella Adimari's recipe."

"Ah yes, that would be nice thank you Mr Wainwright I would love to come over for dinner."
The old man said and he walked over to his kitchen and brought over a tray with a teapot filled wth hot water a selection of teas a to fine porcelain cups.
"Yes I knew you would be coming."
He said and set the traydown on the living room table and tidied some books and papers away, including what seamed like a will and he sat down with a groan and begun filling your cup.
"How have you been doing child?"
He inquired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:03 am

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

'Only that their components failed, then the ones who survived that got a fever, which quickly killed them.' Nicole replied, her apprehension clear as she sat where indicated. 'Problem is, I'm pretty hungover so... any symptoms could be simply hidden by that.' rolling up her sleeve and starting to remove the arm's skin so the doctor could get a good look.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:24 am

[Nicole]
Richard nodded and he went to get a small digital tool to measure temperature, he ran it over your forehead, the skin around your arm and around your natural arm.
"You do not have a fever and the skin around your implant abd around your sub dermal pads are slightly colder which it chould be."
The doctor ssid as he put the device away.
"I can analyse a drop of bloid for infections here anythibg more advanced though the guys at the hospital lab have to do."
He said as he febtly felt the skin around your arm.
"This do not feel ibflamed or infected though, do yoou have full control over your arm? Akso would you like me to fix beibg hung over for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:45 am

Anja wrote:"That is true that they where, healing is one thing, it is wonderful but if one can prevent illness tat is better and there are magickal means to prevent illness, wards an charms and they work but not everyone have access to magick, that is the thing with technomagick, due to the Paradigm it eventually become available to everyone."
Kristina agreed.
Colin nodded, "Still requires training and ability, of course, but anyone can learn it - hell, it was a mundane surgeon who put my head back together; I suppose I owe the Union my life, by proxy."

Anja wrote:"Please say hello to Adley for me if you see him before me today would you Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and smiled and he blushed a little. Freddy nodded to you.
"Yes see you tonight love."
She said and smiled to you as you left.
He nodded to Narim, "Will do, Sir."
He grinned to Freddy, "See you tonight, and bring a hearty appetite, luv."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes, that would be nice thank you Mr Wainwright I would love to come over for dinner."
The old man said and he walked over to his kitchen and brought over a tray with a teapot filled wth hot water a selection of teas a to fine porcelain cups.
"Yes I knew you would be coming."
He said and set the traydown on the living room table and tidied some books and papers away, including what seamed like a will and he sat down with a groan and begun filling your cup.
"How have you been doing child?"
He inquired.
He smiled thinly, "I'm doing... mostly fine; I feel as though I'm getting some way in atoning for a few of my deeds, at least - between securing poor Edmund's memorial in a cathedral and sheltering Olive after I wounded her and killed her sire, it seems I'm making up for at least a little of the pain I've caused recently... And then there's Anna's progress - she's getting better; still not so much so that she'd be able to endure anything extreme, but her immune system is coming along nicely. And I'm beginning to see the shape of a tidy web of allies and, something perhaps we lacked in our previous life, advisors. I'm making sure I don't get too proud to ask others for their recommendations before I do something complicated... well, excepting split-second decisions, of course."
He sighed, "I'm ever so slightly concerned for Adley, though - he may not have noticed, but I've spotted him casting wary glances over his shoulder... I recognize those looks; he may be suffering from PTSD, as I was. I'm holding off on confronting him about it, though - I don't think it would do him any good if I pressed the issue too soon, but at the same time, I'm going to try to keep him from situations that might aggravate the condition."
He nodded toward the will, "Making your last preparations for your departure, then? Will you at least be staying to celebrate the New Year?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:48 am

[Nicole]
Anja's Post:

'A bit colder? Is that normal?' she replied, giving a little frown. 'The sub-dermals do run on body heat, after all...' giving her wrist a little test.

'Nah... I tough it out. Show solidarity with the liver and kidneys and all that.' ending with a little smile.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 am

[Nicole]

A bit colder? Is that normal?' she replied, giving a little frown. 'The sub-dermals do run on body heat, after all...' giving her wrist a little test.

Your wrist seamed to work as it should and responded normally.
"Like I said I do not know much about cybernetics but the temperature difference is not great so I suspect it is normal."
Richard replied.

'Nah... I tough it out. Show solidarity with the liver and kidneys and all that.' ending with a little smile.

"Yes well will all you have no doubt put them through last night perhaps you should."
The Akashic said with a chuckle.
"Now I see you have some new ink, do you think you can find me someplace without any tattoos for me to oke at you for with that much ink finding a vein is like pinning the tail on the donkey while blindfolded, you being the donkey in this simile."
He said as he found some equipment from a cabinet.

[Colin]

Colin nodded, "Still requires training and ability, of course, but anyone can learn it - hell, it was a mundane surgeon who put my head back together; I suppose I owe the Union my life, by proxy."

"Yes I still prefer magickal healing but I can not deny that modern medicine at times are useful."
Kristina said.
"I am glad your sleeper doctor was able to save you though Mr Wainwright."

He nodded to Narim, "Will do, Sir."

"Thank you I appreciate it."
The Virtual Adept Master said and smiled.

He grinned to Freddy, "See you tonight, and bring a hearty appetite, luv."

"I always do, don't get into any trouble while I am gone."
Freddy said with a grin on her way into Narim's room.

He smiled thinly, "I'm doing... mostly fine; I feel as though I'm getting some way in atoning for a few of my deeds, at least - between securing poor Edmund's memorial in a cathedral and sheltering Olive after I wounded her and killed her sire, it seems I'm making up for at least a little of the pain I've caused recently... And then there's Anna's progress - she's getting better; still not so much so that she'd be able to endure anything extreme, but her immune system is coming along nicely.

"I am glad to hear your apprentice is doing better. As for suffering there is unfortunately much of that ahead but yes you have been able to help the vampiress Olive, how is she fearing? Have she woken up yet?"
The old archmage asked.

And I'm beginning to see the shape of a tidy web of allies and, something perhaps we lacked in our previous life, advisors. I'm making sure I don't get too proud to ask others for their recommendations before I do something complicated... well, excepting split-second decisions, of course."

"That is good, you need friends and advisors Mr Wainwright, we all do and as for former lives, you had them then as well but you where perhaps not as good with confiding in them."
George said as he filled his own teacup as well.

He sighed, "I'm ever so slightly concerned for Adley, though - he may not have noticed, but I've spotted him casting wary glances over his shoulder... I recognize those looks; he may be suffering from PTSD, as I was. I'm holding off on confronting him about it, though - I don't think it would do him any good if I pressed the issue too soon, but at the same time, I'm going to try to keep him from situations that might aggravate the condition."

"I am concerned as well, and untreated it will haunt him for a very long time and I think the young Flambeau is finding it hard to confide in others, but I fear he will need to come to the point where the realize himself that he needs help, it can not be pushed on him, to that he is to proud."
The old man said as he put tea in a steamer and plopped it in his cup.
"What sort of tea would you like Mr Wainwright...as for your Cabalmate all you can do is be there for him and be ready to help him when he finally realize that he need it."

He nodded toward the will, "Making your last preparations for your departure, then? Will you at least be staying to celebrate the New Year?"

"Yes the...longing to leave becomes ever stronger."
George said and he ran his old fingers over the will.
"But I am conflicted, this Chantry still need me, how can I put my own spiritual development over the needs of this Chantry and at the same time I am so tired, I am ready to give up life on earth and begin a new adventure."
He muttered.
"I do not know how much longer I can remain, I have a Fount so I do not hear her voice, but I know she long for me to go, to take one step further towards Asencion, if I stay I will stagnate, there is nothing more for me here but can I leave when my friends need me?"
He said with a note of tiredness in his voice as he glanced over at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:41 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'Only one way to find out...' she quipped, pulling out her phone and beginning to type;

'Getting checked now - seems happy. Doc wants to know: is my lower skin temp at sub dermals and elbow normal?' and sent it to Baynes.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... neck? How about a foot?' the large woman replied, now using the opportunity to also send an email to the Etherite doctor she'd found to provide "local service" for her arm.

"Have learned of four failures of cybernetics in a few hours, followed by fever. Three of four are now dead. Have you heard similar? Bouchard."

[Can't remember the man's name. And don't have the time to do a trawl through the thread to locate it right now.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes I still prefer magickal healing but I can not deny that modern medicine at times are useful."
Kristina said.
"I am glad your sleeper doctor was able to save you though Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "Well, the British military's field surgeon, rather than my personal physician, but yes. I'm quite fond of being alive, myself."

Anja wrote:"I always do, don't get into any trouble while I am gone."
Freddy said with a grin on her way into Narim's room.
He grinned, "Do I ever, luv? Don't answer that; rhetorical question."

Anja wrote:"I am glad to hear your apprentice is doing better. As for suffering there is unfortunately much of that ahead but yes you have been able to help the vampiress Olive, how is she fearing? Have she woken up yet?"
The old archmage asked.
He nodded soberly, "The trials on Horizon have not yet come to a conclusion, some still remain... It's been... hard to watch, but the sentencings I've attended... they've needed someone who could watch their passing without hate or glee... And Olivia remains in a coma. She's healing, but it is slow. An object lesson in careful application of sunlight, for certain - it's vicious, but effective... Almost too effective."

Anja wrote:"That is good, you need friends and advisors Mr Wainwright, we all do and as for former lives, you had them then as well but you where perhaps not as good with confiding in them."
George said as he filled his own teacup as well.
He smiled wryly, "Perhaps we had more advisors than we took advice from... We were perhaps a little too confident in our own genius. Which does sound like a plausible way for Moloch to take over in due time. But that was averted then, and now we must face him again, once the Nine defeat the Screamer in the Song... whoever that is."

Anja wrote:"I am concerned as well, and untreated it will haunt him for a very long time and I think the young Flambeau is finding it hard to confide in others, but I fear he will need to come to the point where the realize himself that he needs help, it can not be pushed on him, to that he is to proud."
The old man said as he put tea in a steamer and plopped it in his cup.
"What sort of tea would you like Mr Wainwright...as for your Cabalmate all you can do is be there for him and be ready to help him when he finally realize that he need it."
He nodded, "It's not just pride that keeps him from asking for help, I think, but perhaps a little bit of fear, too - to admit he needs help means admitting he is not the one in full control of his mind, and that... is a tall order for most, more so for a Mage, who has to worry about the ever-present risk of going Marauder."
He smiled, "I think I should like something light, perhaps you have peachblossom white tea? A certain Paradox Spirit favours it, and I shall admit, I've come to find it to my liking after he visited, as well."

Anja wrote:"Yes the...longing to leave becomes ever stronger."
George said and he ran his old fingers over the will.
"But I am conflicted, this Chantry still need me, how can I put my own spiritual development over the needs of this Chantry and at the same time I am so tired, I am ready to give up life on earth and begin a new adventure."
He muttered.
"I do not know how much longer I can remain, I have a Fount so I do not hear her voice, but I know she long for me to go, to take one step further towards Asencion, if I stay I will stagnate, there is nothing more for me here but can I leave when my friends need me?"
He said with a note of tiredness in his voice as he glanced over at you.
He pondered for a moment, "While I admit that I should like to see you around for a while longer, there's a Truth in the first of the Harry Potter books... 'To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.' This goes for any means of leaving this world behind, whether by actually dying, Ascending or becoming an Exemplar or Oracle. If you feel the pull your soul, perhaps you have lingered for long enough. Whether you stay long enough to help protect us for the Union attack at the start of the year or not, we'll make it. We have to, and we have allies who will come to our aid..."
He hesitated, "You've helped guide and shape us all, to greater or lesser extent, over the years, but perhaps it is time that we stand on our own legs and show how much better we truly are for your guidance? Master Sharaya needs to feel like he can truly step out of his Mentor's shadow, Chief Morgan, well, perhaps he needs to find himself as the most senior resident member of the Order, with the sense of obligations that brings. Of course, I can't speak for everyone here, but I think most of us would like to toast your good health and safe travels the day you leave, rather than see you stay on and fret for our safety any longer than you have to."
He grinned wryly, "Besides, it would be nice if I knew one of our Oracles by name and sight, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:32 pm

[Nicole]

'Only one way to find out...' she quipped, pulling out her phone and beginning to type;

'Getting checked now - seems happy. Doc wants to know: is my lower skin temp at sub dermals and elbow normal?' and sent it to Baynes.

You got a reply back from Baynes.
"That is perfectly normal, the pads run on your body heat and will draw a bit more of it right where they are placed, right at your elbow there might be a little poorer blood circulation, just like your finger tips are often a bit colder than the rest of your hand so it should be fine."

'Erm... neck? How about a foot?' the large woman replied, now using the opportunity to also send an email to the Etherite doctor she'd found to provide "local service" for her arm.

"Have learned of four failures of cybernetics in a few hours, followed by fever. Three of four are now dead. Have you heard similar? Bouchard."

"The neck is not ideal a foot will work, I swear you are more work the my patients with Jhor, then again there was that sick Necoromancer I was called to attend on, lucky the woman had lost all feeling in her skin for she was not easy."
Richard grumbled before he simply took his tray of tools with him and plopped down on the floor to do his job.
"If you would not mind removing your boots and your socks then."
He asked.

You got a reply from the other Etherite.
"I am on my way to tend to a patient who rapported problems with her replacement eye, what you write is most disturbing, what if I come by Steelhaven to check on your arm once I am done here. The woman with the eye is the only problem I have heard of."

(OOC: I will look up the name in my notes, who unfortunatly is not very well organized so I thought I would post first and look it up later)

[Colin]

Colin nodded, "Well, the British military's field surgeon, rather than my personal physician, but yes. I'm quite fond of being alive, myself."

"Well regardless of who he is, I am glad he managed to save your life, being alive is quite good."
Kristina said sounding a bit amused.

He grinned, "Do I ever, luv? Don't answer that; rhetorical question."

Freddy just wagged her finger at you and grinned.

He nodded soberly, "The trials on Horizon have not yet come to a conclusion, some still remain... It's been... hard to watch, but the sentencings I've attended... they've needed someone who could watch their passing without hate or glee... And Olivia remains in a coma. She's healing, but it is slow. An object lesson in careful application of sunlight, for certain - it's vicious, but effective... Almost too effective."

"I know it cost you terribly doing what you do for those poor bastards, but what you do is a great kindness, they are facing a horror beyond human ken, they need that one person who just are there to give them a bit of compassion, but off course it is hard."
George said.
"I also worry how Mr Riez will take it when Miss Clearwater's trial comes up."
The old mage said and frowned.
"An yes the sun is not kind to Massassa, not kind at all, it is probably good that the young woman is in a coma and hopefully do not feel much pain at the moment."

He smiled wryly, "Perhaps we had more advisors than we took advice from... We were perhaps a little too confident in our own genius. Which does sound like a plausible way for Moloch to take over in due time. But that was averted then, and now we must face him again, once the Nine defeat the Screamer in the Song... whoever that is."

"Yes, the Nine will be needed, the problem will be finding out who Moloch is, and then there is the Screamer in the Song...I was troubled by terrible nightmares a few days ago, I have seen his arrival, but sadly I do not know his identity."
George said and he frowned deeply.
"I do not know exactly how but the Screamer is related to the new Moloch and when they meet it...could be the end of us all."
The old magus warned and he did loo quite troubled.

He nodded, "It's not just pride that keeps him from asking for help, I think, but perhaps a little bit of fear, too - to admit he needs help means admitting he is not the one in full control of his mind, and that... is a tall order for most, more so for a Mage, who has to worry about the ever-present risk of going Marauder."

"You may be right about that, it is terrifying to feel that one is loosing control. I suspect you are the person best suited to help Mr Roth Hicks given your earlier experiences Mr Wainwright and yes, the danger of going Marauder looms over all of our kind, which means taking care of our minds will be even more important."
George said in a concerned toe of voice.

He smiled, "I think I should like something light, perhaps you have peachblossom white tea? A certain Paradox Spirit favours it, and I shall admit, I've come to find it to my liking after he visited, as well."

"I do actually."
The archmage said and he added the requested tea to a strainer and put it in your cup.
"Indeed so he do, he is also fond of a bit of mint flavored candy glass, I would be happy to give you my recepie, it gets to sweet for me, and it is hardly a healthy treat but the old man we speak of do seam to enjoy it."
He said with a slight smile.

e pondered for a moment, "While I admit that I should like to see you around for a while longer, there's a Truth in the first of the Harry Potter books... 'To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.' This goes for any means of leaving this world behind, whether by actually dying, Ascending or becoming an Exemplar or Oracle. If you feel the pull your soul, perhaps you have lingered for long enough. Whether you stay long enough to help protect us for the Union attack at the start of the year or not, we'll make it. We have to, and we have allies who will come to our aid..."
He hesitated, "You've helped guide and shape us all, to greater or lesser extent, over the years, but perhaps it is time that we stand on our own legs and show how much better we truly are for your guidance? Master Sharaya needs to feel like he can truly step out of his Mentor's shadow, Chief Morgan, well, perhaps he needs to find himself as the most senior resident member of the Order, with the sense of obligations that brings. Of course, I can't speak for everyone here, but I think most of us would like to toast your good health and safe travels the day you leave, rather than see you stay on and fret for our safety any longer than you have to."
He grinned wryly, "Besides, it would be nice if I knew one of our Oracles by name and sight, too."

"Well if I am so honored as to become one of the Oracles you will, though I will not be allowed to act on this plane of being if I am, becoming a Postulant means leaving all this behind and I am ready to do that, I am longing to do that, my journey on Earth is done I fear. The only alternative for me to becoming a Postulant is to stop using longevity potions and embrace old age and eventual death and then hope my reincarnation can take the steps I could not. I want to be here come January and help defend this Chantry for I love you all, but I am not sure I can. There are older magi than me still alive, though most on Horizon and in other realms, but I...am tired I think my Avatars have learned what it can from this life and it is time to embrace another, somehow I know that if I go soon, then I will find them, find the Oracles but if I do not then I will loose my chance."
He said softly.
"And yes I have all faith in Narim's ability to lead this Chantry when I have left, he is a talented young man, and Jeffry needs to step into his own as well, I have dear friends here that I will miss but my time have come I fear, and I have to choose between two paths."
The archmage muttered.
"The path to become an Oracle will be full of sacrifices and the first test I must pass is to be able to leave you all behind."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:21 pm

Anja wrote:"Well regardless of who he is, I am glad he managed to save your life, being alive is quite good."
Kristina said sounding a bit amused.
Colin grinned, "Well, you're going to love this part - I was told his name is John Watson, with the Royal Army Medical Corps. Apparently, he looks nothing like Martin Freeman, though."

Anja wrote:"I know it cost you terribly doing what you do for those poor bastards, but what you do is a great kindness, they are facing a horror beyond human ken, they need that one person who just are there to give them a bit of compassion, but off course it is hard."
George said.
"I also worry how Mr Riez will take it when Miss Clearwater's trial comes up."
The old mage said and frowned.
"An yes the sun is not kind to Massassa, not kind at all, it is probably good that the young woman is in a coma and hopefully do not feel much pain at the moment."
He frowned, "Miss Clearwater's trial will be... an interesting spectacle, and not necessarily in the good ways. Mr. Karyak remains adamant her Avatar can be restored, and I am inclined to hold up Anna's scale in evidence to that effect - but it remains an uphill battle, and I'm not sure Mr. Karyak can... conduct himself according to trial protocol. But, her case is at the bottom of the docket, unless something has been juggled behind the scenes, so there remains some time to prepare a defense yet."

Anja wrote:"Yes, the Nine will be needed, the problem will be finding out who Moloch is, and then there is the Screamer in the Song...I was troubled by terrible nightmares a few days ago, I have seen his arrival, but sadly I do not know his identity."
George said and he frowned deeply.
"I do not know exactly how but the Screamer is related to the new Moloch and when they meet it...could be the end of us all."
The old magus warned and he did loo quite troubled.
He frowned, "That... is a piece of information I should bring to Balador tomorrow, actually. Lady Marianna will be most intrigued by this illumination. Personally, I suspect one of the two - and I'm leaning to suspect that it is Moloch, owing to among other things the Biblical description of the damnable thing - is the Computer the Union so cheerfully sacrifices Avatars to. I'll have to identify the remaining members, and soon; Akrites' heir will be the tricky one, but Eloine's reincarnation is the one in danger... I've been working on a spell to find the None, though - using the connection between us to pinpoint one another. Using it will be... a tricky affair, but I think I might be able to pull it off."

Anja wrote:"You may be right about that, it is terrifying to feel that one is loosing control. I suspect you are the person best suited to help Mr Roth Hicks given your earlier experiences Mr Wainwright and yes, the danger of going Marauder looms over all of our kind, which means taking care of our minds will be even more important."
George said in a concerned toe of voice.
He nodded, "Perhaps I will be the best help he can get, or perhaps Dr. Boudavich will be better able to help him, but I am likely the best situated to give him the nudge he needs to actually seek treatment."

Anja wrote:"I do actually."
The archmage said and he added the requested tea to a strainer and put it in your cup.
"Indeed so he do, he is also fond of a bit of mint flavored candy glass, I would be happy to give you my recepie, it gets to sweet for me, and it is hardly a healthy treat but the old man we speak of do seam to enjoy it."
He said with a slight smile.
He grinned, "Bribing the arbitrator with food; an ancient and time-honoured practice... I'd love the recipe. And I somehow suspect Anna would quite like it, too. Besides, I'm sure he does not have to worry about blood sugar or cardiac health."

Anja wrote:"Well if I am so honored as to become one of the Oracles you will, though I will not be allowed to act on this plane of being if I am, becoming a Postulant means leaving all this behind and I am ready to do that, I am longing to do that, my journey on Earth is done I fear. The only alternative for me to becoming a Postulant is to stop using longevity potions and embrace old age and eventual death and then hope my reincarnation can take the steps I could not. I want to be here come January and help defend this Chantry for I love you all, but I am not sure I can. There are older magi than me still alive, though most on Horizon and in other realms, but I...am tired I think my Avatars have learned what it can from this life and it is time to embrace another, somehow I know that if I go soon, then I will find them, find the Oracles but if I do not then I will loose my chance."
He said softly.
"And yes I have all faith in Narim's ability to lead this Chantry when I have left, he is a talented young man, and Jeffry needs to step into his own as well, I have dear friends here that I will miss but my time have come I fear, and I have to choose between two paths."
The archmage muttered.
"The path to become an Oracle will be full of sacrifices and the first test I must pass is to be able to leave you all behind."
He smiled thinly, "No, you may not act on this plane - and having spoken with an Aswadim, I can very well understand why; the power of an Oracle, of any type, is beyond what the world can endure. But, you can counsel and guide, and it might seem impudent of me to call on you for any reason, but perhaps knowing we wish you all the luck in the cosmos on your journey will help you on your way, all the same."
He pondered, "Besides, leaving us behind is not the same as abandoning us... I heard tell of one Oracle who came back to lead his old apprentice out of a burning building - not interacting with the flames or the structure, just pointing the way to safety, when no-one else could. I'm sure that as an Oracle, you'll still be allowed to keep an eye on us, even if you can do nothing directly. I would gather the Postulant's path is not as harsh as that of the Lich, after all - you wouldn't have to sever every connection to everything you ever cared about, or that cared about you before taking the final step... would you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:54 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:The young mage nodded and he begun doing a series of hand gestures and muttered something in Latin and then e looked at your crayon drawing and around your room generally.
"Yes the Crayons are magickal and they are very Dynamic."
He said then as he looked around.
"Interesting, there is allot of residue of magick here, your trap is magick off course, but there is magick all over the place and a generally very Dynamic Resonance."
The young mage said as he ended his spell and looked at you.
"Deaconess O'Connor gave you the crayons? That is pretty cool actually. Do you think it is true what you say that she have fay blood in her veins."

"Dynamic huh? Make sense. I was never one to remain stagnant." Serge said with a nod. "And the Deaconess definitely has some sort of fay relation. The way she talks and the fact that she straight up told me so. Also she's not a fan of iron which is a pretty big tell as well."

Anja wrote:"It is still pretty impressive, and so many cool drawings."
Kyle said and looked around.
"How do you know when a drawing is complete."

"When it matches the image I have in my head." Serge said simply. "Which can sometimes take a long time. "

Anja wrote:"But do that stick well to the walls or the roof? Do you use some sort of selant to keep it in place?"
Kyle asked.

"It's worked fine for me so far. The white walls just feel like bigger pieces of paper to me. I haven't needed to do anything special to it so far." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Even so that is pretty cool."
Kyle agreed.
"And it is important to pay back loans. Your apartment have turned out nice though."

"Looks cool but going to Ikea to buy furniture was horrifying." Serge said with a chuckle, making more adjustments to the dragon mural. "For the first time I couldn't just wonder around stealing pencils and looking for secret pathways. I actually had to look at the furniture and judge prices."

Anja wrote:"Ok...I can try...ehm don't fall off the table Serge be careful."
Kyle said as he sat down by a blank area of wall and opened up something on his phone to have something to look after, when he cold follow a picture of one of the Ridge Racer cars he could draw it decently but he needed a picture to draw from.

"Hmmm?" Serge said looking down and noticing that he was on the edge of the table. "Oh right! That was another reason why I needed someone else. To warn me for when I'm about to fall off the table. he said in a tone like that had happened before.

"Could toss me the pencil that says '9B' on it?" he asked sticking the pencil he had in his hand behind one of his ears.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:12 pm

[Adley]

"Indeed so,that is one of the benefits of using foci that are part of yourself, your hands, your voice...that makes it harder for someone to take you tools or for you to forget them somewhere." Jeffry said and smiled.

Then again, breaking of hands was a thing and he knew a thing or two about that measure, unfortunately. He frowned a moment, shook his head, then picked up a piece of fruit and peeled it. "Being complacent nearly got me killed, I won't forget it." He broke the orange open and offered half to his mentor.

"Agreed I am very concerned the boy have gotten allot thinner and he was already grunt, it is clear he have at least some Jhor, most Fallen do and those with such Resonance often suffer from bad health." Jeffry said and he sigh. "But it will do no good to force him and the boy is scared, and with good reason...heavens I hope we manage to save him I do not want to loose another apprentice." The old Hermetic said softly and he looked sadly down into his coffee mug.

"I wish I could have taken him myself, if I had the same ties as you, that way I would not put you in a spot where you faced more loss, but we are a family and will deal with this together. No matter what happens, he is brave and helped save us all and we'll be there with him. I'd like to give him something, but I'm not sure what would be helpful. I know I can't make him eat." He sighed. "We should drop by his parents later, they are likely fretting horridly."

"Thank you mea filius, Amadeus have this notion I drink to much coffee, no such thing." Your Mentor said and grinned as he took a sip from the refill.

"No problem, sir. I think my brain has unfrozen. Should I meet you at your office two hours before I leave to pick them up?" he asked. "Is there anything else you need me to do sir?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

[Serge]

"Dynamic huh? Make sense. I was never one to remain stagnant." Serge said with a nod. "And the Deaconess definitely has some sort of fay relation. The way she talks and the fact that she straight up told me so. Also she's not a fan of iron which is a pretty big tell as well."

"Yeah you do seam Dynamic to me."
Kyle agreed then he nodded.
"I was told the Deaconess was allergic to iron, fay eh they really exist, then again my friend is a ghost who have reanimated her own body and I live in an apartment building full of mages so I guess I should not be to surprised."
The young mage said and smiled.

"When it matches the image I have in my head." Serge said simply. "Which can sometimes take a long time. "

"That do makes sense."
Kyle said and nodded.

"It's worked fine for me so far. The white walls just feel like bigger pieces of paper to me. I haven't needed to do anything special to it so far." Serge said with a shrug.

"I have never hard them smudge or chip or anything?"
The young mage asked.

"Looks cool but going to Ikea to buy furniture was horrifying." Serge said with a chuckle, making more adjustments to the dragon mural. "For the first time I couldn't just wonder around stealing pencils and looking for secret pathways. I actually had to look at the furniture and judge prices."

"It is a wonder you survived."
Kyle said dryly.
"Ikea might not be allot of fun as such but they have allot of stuff fairly clearly so it is a good place to go for furniture."

"Hmmm?" Serge said looking down and noticing that he was on the edge of the table. "Oh right! That was another reason why I needed someone else. To warn me for when I'm about to fall off the table. he said in a tone like that had happened before.

"Yeah we would not want that to happen you could end up breaking your neck!"
Kyle said then he stopped his own drawing and sat so he could keep an eye on you.
"I will make sure that do not happen."

Could toss me the pencil that says '9B' on it?" he asked sticking the pencil he had in his hand behind one of his ears.

"Yeah sure."
The young Hermetic said and he looked through each of the pencils until he found the right one and then stood up and walked over to you before handing it to you.
"Is it this one?"

[Colin]

Colin grinned, "Well, you're going to love this part - I was told his name is John Watson, with the Royal Army Medical Corps. Apparently, he looks nothing like Martin Freeman, though."

"Interesting name."
Kristina said.
"You never met him when awake then I take it since you said what he apparently looks like."

He frowned, "Miss Clearwater's trial will be... an interesting spectacle, and not necessarily in the good ways. Mr. Karyak remains adamant her Avatar can be restored, and I am inclined to hold up Anna's scale in evidence to that effect - but it remains an uphill battle, and I'm not sure Mr. Karyak can... conduct himself according to trial protocol. But, her case is at the bottom of the docket, unless something has been juggled behind the scenes, so there remains some time to prepare a defense yet."

"Mr Karyak is a most passionate young man, the problem is that he lacks discipline I am not sure having him speak before the Council of Nine will be wise. Anna's scale though that might convince them especially if they have already seen her Avatar in the form it have now, it would be irrefutable evidence."
George said then he nodded.
"I hope the young woman can be saved, but it will not be easy."

He frowned, "That... is a piece of information I should bring to Balador tomorrow, actually. Lady Marianna will be most intrigued by this illumination. Personally, I suspect one of the two - and I'm leaning to suspect that it is Moloch, owing to among other things the Biblical description of the damnable thing - is the Computer the Union so cheerfully sacrifices Avatars to. I'll have to identify the remaining members, and soon; Akrites' heir will be the tricky one, but Eloine's reincarnation is the one in danger... I've been working on a spell to find the None, though - using the connection between us to pinpoint one another. Using it will be... a tricky affair, but I think I might be able to pull it off."

"You can bock transport from Horizon to Balador quite easily"
George said and nodded.
"Hum...the Computer that might be so, the being are terribly powerful, we would need proof of that first though."
He said then he nodded.
"I have heard that there have been an assassination attempt on the Seat of Life, Lady Quey escaped with minor injuries but the culprits have not been caught. I do not know if that is relevant to this or not, but I do know you will have to find the Nine if you are to stop Moloch from forming."

He nodded, "Perhaps I will be the best help he can get, or perhaps Dr. Boudavich will be better able to help him, but I am likely the best situated to give him the nudge he needs to actually seek treatment."

"Once he is willing to accept aid yes then Dr Boudavich will probably be the one best suited but you are likely the only one who can nudge Mr Roth Hicks to the realization that he needs help."
George said and frowned.

He grinned, "Bribing the arbitrator with food; an ancient and time-honoured practice... I'd love the recipe. And I somehow suspect Anna would quite like it, too. Besides, I'm sure he does not have to worry about blood sugar or cardiac health."

"No I do not suspect a spirit have to worry about such things and yes your apprentice might like these sweets."
The old archmage said and he rose with a groan and got out to his kitchen where he picked up a old, worn, leather bound book.
"Here my personal recepie book, it is on page 284."
He said, the book was very old and full of neatly, handwritten recopies.

He smiled thinly, "No, you may not act on this plane - and having spoken with an Aswadim, I can very well understand why; the power of an Oracle, of any type, is beyond what the world can endure. But, you can counsel and guide, and it might seem impudent of me to call on you for any reason, but perhaps knowing we wish you all the luck in the cosmos on your journey will help you on your way, all the same."
He pondered, "Besides, leaving us behind is not the same as abandoning us... I heard tell of one Oracle who came back to lead his old apprentice out of a burning building - not interacting with the flames or the structure, just pointing the way to safety, when no-one else could. I'm sure that as an Oracle, you'll still be allowed to keep an eye on us, even if you can do nothing directly. I would gather the Postulant's path is not as harsh as that of the Lich, after all - you wouldn't have to sever every connection to everything you ever cared about, or that cared about you before taking the final step... would you?"

"Advice yes that Oracles do, when they do not consider the advice to be to the determent of the younger mage, but I do not know if I will still have the same name, or how long my apprenticeship as a Postulant will take or if I am even accepted so I can not promise I can respond if you call me Mr Wainwright."
The achmage said then he nodded.
"I doubt it is like becoming a lich, but I do not know, we know little of the Oracles and how much if any contact they can keep with their former friends and allies, but if I am able then yes I will watch over you all, that I promise."
He said with a smile as he sat back down and sipped from his teacup.

[Adley]

Then again, breaking of hands was a thing and he knew a thing or two about that measure, unfortunately. He frowned a moment, shook his head, then picked up a piece of fruit and peeled it. "Being complacent nearly got me killed, I won't forget it." He broke the orange open and offered half to his mentor.

Jeffry took the offered half a orange and thanked you then he nodded.
"You must be vigilant this is true, it was not good to get caught without your tools, but I have confidence mea filius that you will not let that happen again, and having tools that are a part of your body do make it easier."
He said before biting into the fruit.

"I wish I could have taken him myself, if I had the same ties as you, that way I would not put you in a spot where you faced more loss, but we are a family and will deal with this together. No matter what happens, he is brave and helped save us all and we'll be there with him. I'd like to give him something, but I'm not sure what would be helpful. I know I can't make him eat." He sighed. "We should drop by his parents later, they are likely fretting horridly."

"I knew there was a chance I would loose Kyle when I agreed to be his Mentor I...knew the risk and I would not abandon him in a time like this, he will need our support."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"The thing is he stand a very good chance during his trial, it is not a guarantee but he have good odds but I also worry how he will be treated on Horizon, he have a strong phobia of being restrained and he will be kept in chains, I fear he will panic and the Security Council will use that as an excuse to hurt him...and off course I fear that the trial will not go well for if it do not I can't save him, all I will be able to do is watch as he is...destroyed."
Your Mentor said darkly and he looked down into his sofa again.
"He might like a gift yes, I know he likes books and those horrible games he play but more than a physical object i think he would appreciate time an attention, he idolize you...the big brother he have always wanted."
He added and smiled a little at the last bit.

"No problem, sir. I think my brain has unfrozen. Should I meet you at your office two hours before I leave to pick them up?" he asked. "Is there anything else you need me to do sir?"

"Yes that would work or I can just get you the money when we are done with coffee, that might be simpler...hum...yes I have a meeting in half an hour, would you mind feeding the imps for me, in my room there is a black box on the mantle it contains Tass in the form of wood chips if you would make a small fire and throw in about a dram or two for them that would be helpful, they will be getting hungry about now."
Your Mentor asked.
"Unless you have anything else that needs doing at the moment?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Anja wrote:"Interesting name."
Kristina said.
"You never met him when awake then I take it since you said what he apparently looks like."
"Quite right," Colin admitted, "I only saw him once, passing by in full surgical getup, so I only saw the area around his eyes between the mask and cap - but let us just say he was very clearly not white. So probably more Morgan Freeman than Martin Freeman."

Anja wrote:"Mr Karyak is a most passionate young man, the problem is that he lacks discipline I am not sure having him speak before the Council of Nine will be wise. Anna's scale though that might convince them especially if they have already seen her Avatar in the form it have now, it would be irrefutable evidence."
George said then he nodded.
"I hope the young woman can be saved, but it will not be easy."
He nodded, "The most important things are never easy, are they? All the same, yes, I should hope Anna's case can be sorted out before Miss Clearwater's, so there'll be evidence with precedent."

Anja wrote:"You can bock transport from Horizon to Balador quite easily"
George said and nodded.
"Hum...the Computer that might be so, the being are terribly powerful, we would need proof of that first though."
He said then he nodded.
"I have heard that there have been an assassination attempt on the Seat of Life, Lady Quey escaped with minor injuries but the culprits have not been caught. I do not know if that is relevant to this or not, but I do know you will have to find the Nine if you are to stop Moloch from forming."
He pondered for a moment, "Come to think of it, it probably won't be necessary to visit Balador to consult with the Prima - besides, I understand there's a requirement for non-Cultists to be granted entry anyway. And I was not aware of the attempt on Lady Quey, but I know there was an altercation, allegedly an attempted robbery, involving Fall Breeze a while back."

Anja wrote:"No I do not suspect a spirit have to worry about such things and yes your apprentice might like these sweets."
The old archmage said and he rose with a groan and got out to his kitchen where he picked up a old, worn, leather bound book.
"Here my personal recepie book, it is on page 284."
He said, the book was very old and full of neatly, handwritten recopies.
Colin's eyes widened, "My goodness, this really should be carefully copied for later generations; I'm sure you must have recipes in here that have been forgotten for centuries..."
He fished out his notebook and pen, and opened the old book to the indicated page, "This won't take long... but I would love to transcribe the whole thing."

Anja wrote:"Advice yes that Oracles do, when they do not consider the advice to be to the determent of the younger mage, but I do not know if I will still have the same name, or how long my apprenticeship as a Postulant will take or if I am even accepted so I can not promise I can respond if you call me Mr Wainwright."
The achmage said then he nodded.
"I doubt it is like becoming a lich, but I do not know, we know little of the Oracles and how much if any contact they can keep with their former friends and allies, but if I am able then yes I will watch over you all, that I promise."
He said with a smile as he sat back down and sipped from his teacup.
He smiled thinly, sipping his own tea, "What is time to a Postulant or an Oracle, anyway? That said, I would not think you'd be permitted to keep in touch with us all, as such - the distinction between keeping an eye on us and actually showing up to tell us what to do. But what good would it do an Oracle to not be permitted to know about things of personal importance to them?"
He let out a soft sigh, "But I know, it's unlikely I would be able to call an Oracle in any case - even if it's one with whom I had a personal rapport. It took a hell of a ritual and a quite potent sympathetic link to call an Aswadim into the world, and I doubt that's any harder or easier than one of our Oracles. If I were to seek your advice as an Oracle, I imagine I would literally have to go looking for you out there."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 pm

[Colin]

"Quite right," Colin admitted, "I only saw him once, passing by in full surgical getup, so I only saw the area around his eyes between the mask and cap - but let us just say he was very clearly not white. So probably more Morgan Freeman than Martin Freeman."

"He sounds like he was a very skilled surgeon."
Kristina said and nodded.
"A doctor that looks like Morgan Freeman, one can not complain about that, especially if he is good at his job."
She added sounding amused.

He nodded, "The most important things are never easy, are they? All the same, yes, I should hope Anna's case can be sorted out before Miss Clearwater's, so there'll be evidence with precedent."

"I think that can be arranged, I still have some contacts on the Security Council, however would you wish for Anna's trial to be moved forward in that is the only way to arrange for it?"
George asked.

He pondered for a moment, "Come to think of it, it probably won't be necessary to visit Balador to consult with the Prima - besides, I understand there's a requirement for non-Cultists to be granted entry anyway.

"Lady Marianna are the Deacon Prima of Balador Pleasure Dome but she spends a fair amount of her time on Horizon to see to her duties are the Seat of Time so getting an audience with her should be possible on Horizon. It is true that non Cultist visitors to Balador must be granted entry but if your intents are good this is usually not hard, the Cult of Ecstasy are generous and usuay willingly share of their ways to those who will respect them."
The old Cultist said and nodded.

And I was not aware of the attempt on Lady Quey, but I know there was an altercation, allegedly an attempted robbery, involving Fall Breeze a while back."

"That is correct, off course attempting to rob an Akashic Master is never the smartest of ideas but she and one of her students where assaulted but they thwarted the ruffians and escaped from the altercation unharmed, both said that the robbery seamed only a cover though that it really where an attempt on the two ladies' lives."
George said and frowned.

Colin's eyes widened, "My goodness, this really should be carefully copied for later generations; I'm sure you must have recipes in here that have been forgotten for centuries..."
He fished out his notebook and pen, and opened the old book to the indicated page, "This won't take long... but I would love to transcribe the whole thing."

"Yes I...do believe I bought the book from a bookbinder back in...the 1600's an have filled it with recipes I have come over or invented though the years. If you wish though I will gift the book to you Mr Wainwright, I can not bring it with me but I ask that if any of my students want any of the recopies then they be given copies of them, one of them for example are quite found of the blueberry pie I make."
The old mage said with a fond smile when mentioning his students.

He smiled thinly, sipping his own tea, "What is time to a Postulant or an Oracle, anyway? That said, I would not think you'd be permitted to keep in touch with us all, as such - the distinction between keeping an eye on us and actually showing up to tell us what to do. But what good would it do an Oracle to not be permitted to know about things of personal importance to them?"

"As it is an Oracle of Time I would seek to become, I suspect Time would have no meaning and all the meaning but yes my guess is I will be allowed to keep an eye on my friends but I might not be able to contact you all."
George said and he sipped his tea again.

He let out a soft sigh, "But I know, it's unlikely I would be able to call an Oracle in any case - even if it's one with whom I had a personal rapport. It took a hell of a ritual and a quite potent sympathetic link to call an Aswadim into the world, and I doubt that's any harder or easier than one of our Oracles. If I were to seek your advice as an Oracle, I imagine I would literally have to go looking for you out there."

"Yes I suspect that would be so, unless it was the right time to give the right kind of advice."
George said and smiled a little cryptically as he gently put the delicate teacup back onto the saucer.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:47 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'The temp difference is normal.' she said aloud, while writing "Thanks" back to Baynes.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, sorry for not being a hundred pound weaking.' she quipped, pulling a foot up and undoing the laces. 'But I had to get the hand inked...'

Anja's Post:

"May be an idea to contact all those who you know with cybernetics. Get them to go to a doctor. It is how I found out. Am at Steelhavens sickbay."

[Not really important...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:58 pm

[Nicole]

'The temp difference is normal.' she said aloud, while writing "Thanks" back to Baynes.

"That is good to hear, I assumed so, are the pas used to provide power for your arm by draining heat?"
Richard asked.

'Yeah, sorry for not being a hundred pound weaking.' she quipped, pulling a foot up and undoing the laces. 'But I had to get the hand inked...'

"Like my Mentor says those with allot of muscles are the hardest, we see it in the nurses and phlebotomists sent to tend to the elderly or to the dialysis unit and they are terrified but usually they get the job done no problem and then in comes and athlete and you have three nurses working on him sticking the man thirty times until they hit a vein...an then you add tattoos...just don't get Jhor had well Nicole or every time you come in for a check up we will be her three days."
Richard said and sigh.
"Ok then let us see what you got here."
He said as he begun to gently examine your food when you had gotten the boot and socks of.
"Hum...yes I do think this will do, it might pinch a bit but it will do."
The Akashic muttered as he worked.
"So it have been some weeks, how are you settling in here at Steelhaven?"

"May be an idea to contact all those who you know with cybernetics. Get them to go to a doctor. It is how I found out. Am at Steelhavens sickbay."

You got a reply back.
"Very well, good idea I will do that. How are you doing any signs that you are sick?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Anja wrote:"He sounds like he was a very skilled surgeon."
Kristina said and nodded.
"A doctor that looks like Morgan Freeman, one can not complain about that, especially if he is good at his job."
She added sounding amused.
Colin nodded, "I believe he runs a corrective surgery clinic in Aberdeen, actually - and yes, he's highly skilled."

Anja wrote:"I think that can be arranged, I still have some contacts on the Security Council, however would you wish for Anna's trial to be moved forward in that is the only way to arrange for it?"
George asked.
He frowned, "The pieces are in motion... Anna's health is one of the linchpins for the outcome of her trial... If that's the way it will have to be, then so be it."

Anja wrote:"Lady Marianna are the Deacon Prima of Balador Pleasure Dome but she spends a fair amount of her time on Horizon to see to her duties are the Seat of Time so getting an audience with her should be possible on Horizon. It is true that non Cultist visitors to Balador must be granted entry but if your intents are good this is usually not hard, the Cult of Ecstasy are generous and usuay willingly share of their ways to those who will respect them."
The old Cultist said and nodded.
He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Yes, Master Babu, the apprentice of Lady Marianna, rather did recommend trying to enjoy all the Pleasure Dome has to offer. Though I shall admit, I would probably find the greatest delight in their libraries, rather than in their more... liberally inclined chambers."

Anja wrote:"That is correct, off course attempting to rob an Akashic Master is never the smartest of ideas but she and one of her students where assaulted but they thwarted the ruffians and escaped from the altercation unharmed, both said that the robbery seamed only a cover though that it really where an attempt on the two ladies' lives."
George said and frowned.
He nodded, "Quite, the whole incident did seem... conspicuous. One would think the two were well-enough known by sight to dissuade most common muggers."

Anja wrote:"Yes I...do believe I bought the book from a bookbinder back in...the 1600's an have filled it with recipes I have come over or invented though the years. If you wish though I will gift the book to you Mr Wainwright, I can not bring it with me but I ask that if any of my students want any of the recopies then they be given copies of them, one of them for example are quite found of the blueberry pie I make."
The old mage said with a fond smile when mentioning his students.
He nodded reverently, "I will make sure of it - you have my word; leave a note of it in your will, if you please, that I will gladly make copies, whole or in part, for any members of your lineage."

Anja wrote:"As it is an Oracle of Time I would seek to become, I suspect Time would have no meaning and all the meaning but yes my guess is I will be allowed to keep an eye on my friends but I might not be able to contact you all."
George said and he sipped his tea again.
He nodded, then arched an eyebrow, "Hm, perhaps even keep an eye on us at all points in time, even? Even to the point of manipulating the pace of an Orphan's promotions, to save a child? No, I am not accusing you of any trickery, by any means - but the notion has crossed my mind."

Anja wrote:"Yes I suspect that would be so, unless it was the right time to give the right kind of advice."
George said and smiled a little cryptically as he gently put the delicate teacup back onto the saucer.
He arched an eyebrow, "I would think you would be a better judge of that than the recipient of said advice, which would perhaps make seeking you out unnecessary. But perhaps we're drifting into hypotheses that could give a certain kindly old spirit ulcers. A subject best left not speculated too loudly on?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:27 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded. 'Plus: no need to worry about recharging battery. Minus; I'm the battery. Having to mainline glucose and protein powder just to keep the show on the road, I am.'

Anja's Post:

'I don't have that much muscles.' she replied, rolling her eyes as she rested her foot on her knee, so he didn't have to bend down so much.

Anja's Post:

'Well enough, 'suppose. Getting to know the place, and city. People too. Getting to know one person 'specially... I think they might join us soon.'

Anja's Post:

'No. Doc stealing my blood right now.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:26 am

[Adley]

"You must be vigilant this is true, it was not good to get caught without your tools, but I have confidence mea filius that you will not let that happen again, and having tools that are a part of your body do make it easier."

"I made so much trouble for everyone, and I didn't mean to do that, I got lulled into acting like I was like everyone else, go to my day job, come home. That's when I was a mage. It was stupid to compartmentalize like that; I don't really think I did it intentionally.

"I knew there was a chance I would loose Kyle when I agreed to be his Mentor I...knew the risk and I would not abandon him in a time like this, he will need our support."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"The thing is he stand a very good chance during his trial, it is not a guarantee but he have good odds but I also worry how he will be treated on Horizon, he have a strong phobia of being restrained and he will be kept in chains, I fear he will panic and the Security Council will use that as an excuse to hurt him...and off course I fear that the trial will not go well for if it do not I can't save him, all I will be able to do is watch as he is...destroyed."
Your Mentor said darkly and he looked down into his sofa again.
"He might like a gift yes, I know he likes books and those horrible games he play but more than a physical object i think he would appreciate time an attention, he idolize you...the big brother he have always wanted."

"I mean, would they let him have something to keep or would they take it away from him, when he's taken in...in that case maybe something they can't take from him, that he can have to hold onto...I don't know what, though. I just wish I could be there to protect him."

"Yes that would work or I can just get you the money when we are done with coffee, that might be simpler...hum...yes I have a meeting in half an hour, would you mind feeding the imps for me, in my room there is a black box on the mantle it contains Tass in the form of wood chips if you would make a small fire and throw in about a dram or two for them that would be helpful, they will be getting hungry about now." Your Mentor asked. "Unless you have anything else that needs doing at the moment?"

"Sure, whatever is more convenient for you, of course," he said, still embarrassed regarding money. "And I'll feed the imps before I leave for my run. It should be about as light out as it's bound to be this morning by then."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:30 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Yeah you do seam Dynamic to me."
Kyle agreed then he nodded.
"I was told the Deaconess was allergic to iron, fay eh they really exist, then again my friend is a ghost who have reanimated her own body and I live in an apartment building full of mages so I guess I should not be to surprised."
The young mage said and smiled.

"I think fay are pretty high up on the list of things that you'd expect to exist. Every kid's heard a fairy tale at least once in his life. There's gotta be some truth to them" Serge said with a chuckle. "Although when you know one thing exists it's not a far leap that every other 'legend' exists as well. Bigfoots probably out there just stomping around."

Anja wrote:"I have never hard them smudge or chip or anything?"
The young mage asked.

"Sometimes. But I don't touch my walls in a way that would smudge them so they are pretty intact for the most part. And if they do start to degrade I'll just remake them." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"It is a wonder you survived."
Kyle said dryly.
"Ikea might not be allot of fun as such but they have allot of stuff fairly clearly so it is a good place to go for furniture."

"Please. Ikea's loads of fun. Everyone knows you go there for the meatballs and the ballpit." Serge said with a smile. "Wish I wasn't over age. I loved that ball pit."

Anja wrote:"Yeah we would not want that to happen you could end up breaking your neck!"
Kyle said then he stopped his own drawing and sat so he could keep an eye on you.
"I will make sure that do not happen."

"I guess I've been lucky so far." Serge said with a wry grin. "I don't want to stop your marvelous aetistic skills from blossoming. You can continue drawing. I'll try not to wander too much."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure."
The young Hermetic said and he looked through each of the pencils until he found the right one and then stood up and walked over to you before handing it to you.
"Is it this one?"

"That's the one." Serge said reaching down and taking the pencil. "You mostly hear about number 2 pencils cause their the ones used in schools. But there's a bunch out there. This type of pencils produces a darker mark. I think it produces the blackest mark out of all the pencils made." he explained as he went to work retracing what he had made before. As he ran his pencil over his original sketch, the lines grew much more darker and more pronounced.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:37 am

[Colin]

Colin nodded, "I believe he runs a corrective surgery clinic in Aberdeen, actually - and yes, he's highly skilled."

"Interesting, well the world need good doctors."
Kristina said.

He frowned, "The pieces are in motion... Anna's health is one of the linchpins for the outcome of her trial... If that's the way it will have to be, then so be it."

"It will perhaps be better for the girl to get it over with as well even if her experience at Horizon might be scary. I will see what I can do then to get Miss Clearwater's trial et up after Anna's."
George said.

He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Yes, Master Babu, the apprentice of Lady Marianna, rather did recommend trying to enjoy all the Pleasure Dome has to offer. Though I shall admit, I would probably find the greatest delight in their libraries, rather than in their more... liberally inclined chambers."

"The Cult have never been one to deny itself pleasure as long as their delights do not harm anyone and everyone consent. I find their library delightful though and their gardens, they rival the beauty of the Verbena Seasonal realms."
The old archmage said with a smile.

He nodded, "Quite, the whole incident did seem... conspicuous. One would think the two were well-enough known by sight to dissuade most common muggers."

"Agreed, I doubt this was a mugging, it was more likely an attack on Fall Breeze and her student."
The ancient mage said and frowned.

He nodded reverently, "I will make sure of it - you have my word; leave a note of it in your will, if you please, that I will gladly make copies, whole or in part, for any members of your lineage."

"I will put it in my will, I am leaving gifts for all members of the Chantry, and thank you for providing recepies for my apprentices if they should want them."
George said and smiled.

He nodded, then arched an eyebrow, "Hm, perhaps even keep an eye on us at all points in time, even? Even to the point of manipulating the pace of an Orphan's promotions, to save a child? No, I am not accusing you of any trickery, by any means - but the notion has crossed my mind."

"There is a possibility but I have not had a finger in your premonitions so far at least."
The old mage said with a chuckle.
"But if I become an Oracle...who knows..."

He arched an eyebrow, "I would think you would be a better judge of that than the recipient of said advice, which would perhaps make seeking you out unnecessary. But perhaps we're drifting into hypotheses that could give a certain kindly old spirit ulcers. A subject best left not speculated too loudly on?"

"Yes there are some things one can speculate on for hours but where it is hard to know."
George said with another smile.

[Nicole]

Nicole nodded. 'Plus: no need to worry about recharging battery. Minus; I'm the battery. Having to mainline glucose and protein powder just to keep the show on the road, I am.'

"The question is if you do not have access to enough food will the plates continue to draw eat from you or are there some safety features installed?"
Richard asked.

'I don't have that much muscles.' she replied, rolling her eyes as she rested her foot on her knee, so he didn't have to bend down so much.

"You have enough to look like an athlete."
Richard said simply he was sitting on the floor to get a good angle to look at your foot as he worked. He applied the tourniquet and got to work, he was good at it and had steady hands so you hardly felt anything.
"I need to check you for infections as well, but I will just use the last drop of blood when I pull the needle out for that so I do not need to stick you again for that test."
He muttered.

Well enough, 'suppose. Getting to know the place, and city. People too. Getting to know one person 'specially... I think they might join us soon.'

"Interesting, someone new Awakening?"
Richard asked.
"For that is a blessing to us all."

No. Doc stealing my blood right now.'

You got a reply back.
"Good, let him know if you start feeling sick or get a fever."

Richard apparently done for he rose to his feet and marked the vials he had drawn and put them in a padded envelope.
"You can put your boot back on while I check what I can now and then I will send the rest to the lab at the hospital."
He said as he walked over to the little bench in the back.

[Adley]

"I made so much trouble for everyone, and I didn't mean to do that, I got lulled into acting like I was like everyone else, go to my day job, come home. That's when I was a mage. It was stupid to compartmentalize like that; I don't really think I did it intentionally.

"It is true you can not compartmentalize your life, the Union and the Nephandi don't care if you are at work they will take what opportunities given you must always be prepared, however you have learned from this experience and now you must also learn to forgive yourself, it is not like I have never made a mistake."
Jeffry said and he gulped down some coffee.

"I mean, would they let him have something to keep or would they take it away from him, when he's taken in...in that case maybe something they can't take from him, that he can have to hold onto...I don't know what, though. I just wish I could be there to protect him."

"They will take away anything that he might use to hurt himself on, anything that can be broken and will become sharp, a book might be allowed though, but I don't know. I have offered to watch over Kyle and give the security Council a sample of his blood and mine as guarantee, normally this would have been allowed but someone want the boy in that dungeon and it worry me, there are something happening in the shadows here."
Jeffry commented and he frowned.
"As for a gift, perhaps you can teach him a spell, something to look forward to when he is released...if all go well. He might like that."

"Sure, whatever is more convenient for you, of course," he said, still embarrassed regarding money. "And I'll feed the imps before I leave for my run. It should be about as light out as it's bound to be this morning by then."

"Thank you, I hate to be late with feeding them."
Jeffry said and he handed you the key to his department. He treated his imps more like beloved pets than servants.
"And do not worry yourself with the money I would take you all out but since we are leaving tomorrow I have to much to take care of here today."
He said and finished his coffee as if he had guessed what you where worried about.

[Serge]

"I think fay are pretty high up on the list of things that you'd expect to exist. Every kid's heard a fairy tale at least once in his life. There's gotta be some truth to them" Serge said with a chuckle. "Although when you know one thing exists it's not a far leap that every other 'legend' exists as well. Bigfoots probably out there just stomping around."

Master Morgan said that all sort of things exist, unicorns and dragons and pega...ehm whatever the plural of pegasus is, all sort of creatures but Paradox have driven them from our reality...I guess if all of that exist then fay is not to much of a stretch."
Kyle said and nodded.

"Sometimes. But I don't touch my walls in a way that would smudge them so they are pretty intact for the most part. And if they do start to degrade I'll just remake them." Serge said with a shrug.

"It seams like allot of work for something that you will allow to smudge but I guess you will have fun making new drawings if these ones fade."
The young mage said and shrugged.

"Please. Ikea's loads of fun. Everyone knows you go there for the meatballs and the ballpit." Serge said with a smile. "Wish I wasn't over age. I loved that ball pit."

"You know you can sneak into the ball pit when no one is looking right?"
Kyle said mischievously.
"Their meatballs are great though I admit that. Walking around looking for furniture though is pretty boring but they do have good stuff cheaply so sometimes one have to be practical."

"I guess I've been lucky so far." Serge said with a wry grin. "I don't want to stop your marvelous aetistic skills from blossoming. You can continue drawing. I'll try not to wander too much."

"Marvelous? I am just drawing what I see on my screen but ok...if you are sure you will not fall of the table and break your neck...for that would be bad."
Kyle said sounding amused as e continued drawing the race car.

"That's the one." Serge said reaching down and taking the pencil. "You mostly hear about number 2 pencils cause their the ones used in schools. But there's a bunch out there. This type of pencils produces a darker mark. I think it produces the blackest mark out of all the pencils made." he explained as he went to work retracing what he had made before. As he ran his pencil over his original sketch, the lines grew much more darker and more pronounced.

"Yes I can see that the lines are thicker, that is cool, how many different types of pencils do you have?"
Kyle asked.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I got up late and then I lost the first hour long reply when I only had a few lines left to write and I had to do it all over again.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Anja wrote:"It will perhaps be better for the girl to get it over with as well even if her experience at Horizon might be scary. I will see what I can do then to get Miss Clearwater's trial et up after Anna's."
George said.
Colin nodded, "The trap is set, and perhaps it is time to place the bait... It's going to hurt, though..."

Anja wrote:"The Cult have never been one to deny itself pleasure as long as their delights do not harm anyone and everyone consent. I find their library delightful though and their gardens, they rival the beauty of the Verbena Seasonal realms."
The old archmage said with a smile.
He grinned, "I look forward to the day I might have a chance to see the place for myself. Going to stay well clear of the orgies, though."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, I doubt this was a mugging, it was more likely an attack on Fall Breeze and her student."
The ancient mage said and frowned.
He frowned, "More likely, the apprentice was... merely incidental, and it was Fall Breeze herself who was the sole intended target."

Anja wrote:"I will put it in my will, I am leaving gifts for all members of the Chantry, and thank you for providing recepies for my apprentices if they should want them."
George said and smiled.
He smiled, "It's the least I could do - there are far too few people left in the world who know how to cook, and enjoy it... I'm making progress in that regard with Anna, though I'm afraid Freddy is a lost cause."

Anja wrote:"There is a possibility but I have not had a finger in your premonitions so far at least."
The old mage said with a chuckle.
"But if I become an Oracle...who knows..."
[...]
"Yes there are some things one can speculate on for hours but where it is hard to know."
George said with another smile.
He smiled and shook his head slightly, sipping his tea, "On another, trickier topic - I've been struggling for the past two months with a bit of a conundrum; I am to inform everyone who fought in the Labyrinth here in Boston that Irik of the Aswadim owes each of us a boon - a single Truth - for our help in preventing Lisa Larson from binding him to her will and forcing him to act in Reality. The obvious problem, of course, is that I must now weigh multiple Protocols up against one another; I gave my word, and the Aswadim are technically Oracles, though I guess that particular Protocol is not going to be a concern as such, compared to the Enemies of Creation issue... How would you recommend I seek to resolve this... problem?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next